[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please explain to me how is the Empire a bad guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

Please explain to me how is the Empire a bad guy?
>>
>>155462571
they're only bad guys to the enemies and vice versa
>>
>>155462571

You must be american.
>>
>>155462571
There's no good or bad in war
>>
File: 1477483619919.gif (409KB, 530x420px) Image search: [Google]
1477483619919.gif
409KB, 530x420px
>>155462571
They aren't
>>
>>155462571
they killed 6 million of bakas
>>
>>155462571
There's not enough information. We don't know anything about their ideologies or goals(besides world domination). Should we consider it's the same as the germany from our world? It's the same problem SaiKano had.
>>
>>155462571
they sent a 12 year old loli to a life-threatening front line position in their army
and also forced her to risk her life with various other experimental and very explosive technologies like that computation gem and the V-1 rockets
>>
>>155464133
It was all done for a perfectly good reason, though, and turned out very well.
>>
>>155464133
"America" is doing the same in the next season
>>
>>155463983
I don't know man. Japanese (WWII) were pretty fucking bad in war, both literally and figuratively.
>>
>>155462571
Germans are always the bad guys.
>>
>>155462571
Conquering another nation is a bad thing to do. Making another nation your bitch through "diplomatic" methods is good.
>>
>>155462571
How many liquor factories do you think the Empire has?
>>
H O L O C A U S T
>>
>>155462571
The only bad guy is Sonzai X.
>>
>>155467432
>>>/pol/
>>
>>155467489
>>>/lgbt/
>>
Did they even say who started the war in the anime? I'm sure it's in the light novel somewhere, but I don't remember that ever being discussed.
>>
>>155463983
The losers are the bad ones.
>>
>>155464047
>besides world domination
They never talked about this, rather than defending and surviving from aggressive neighbours. The annexations after the victory was a pretty stupid move, though.
>>
>>155467614

Empire started getting its border poked by the not-French and not-Finns. Dakia, Russia, UK, and America later join in on the poking. The reason it all started was because the Empire was growing at a rapid rate and easily outpacing its neighbor nations in terms of technology and military strength.
>>
>>155462571
Aggressive national growth is a powder keg.
>>
>>155467698
This. That's why only axis war crimes got punished after WW2 while allied war crimes remained unpunished.
>>
>>155471440
Such as?
>>
>>155471671
Take your pick
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_war_crimes_during_World_War_II
>>
>>155471671
Internment of Japanese Americans?
Vaporising hundreds of thousands of civilians?
The worst part was with Churchill's attitude towards bombing- he actively avoided targeting military and economic structures (like power generation) to kill more civilians.
>>
>>155464133
>Forced
she volunteered.
>>
>>155471440
Possibly because the Allies weren't conducting industrialized genocide in their own nations and the ones they conquered?
>>
>>155462571
Pretty much explained in one of the more recent episodes. They aren't "evil" in that they desire to murder everyone, rather instead they take pride in their country and have no problem going to war if they think it is necessary while also being damn good at it.

Taking pride in and being a little (too) logical in their conquests has caused other nations to fear them and want to wipe them out to get rid of the supposed threat of the empire. The setup in the new episodes is how them being too logical causes them to not realize they are hated and that the republic's army, despite losing its capital, will still fight to the last man.
>>
>>155462571
Evil is relative
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.