[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the final message of Evangelion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: uu8.png (621KB, 1153x634px) Image search: [Google]
uu8.png
621KB, 1153x634px
What is the final message of Evangelion?
>>
You're dead. Your friends are dead. Your family's dead. Your fucking pets are being skinned alive. Your mom's a fucking whore. You suck at life. The whole world hates you. You're going to Hell. Live with it. Game Over.
>>
Don't talk to girls
>>
It's okay to be depressed, you'll decide to move on from it eventually but life will still kinda suck.

>As long as the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be all right.
>>
File: 1409191256104.png (295KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1409191256104.png
295KB, 853x480px
>>154699042
that internal struggles often come from peoples inability to do things for themselves, like you expecting to be spoon fed answers about a show over 20 years old.
>>
>>154699042
Instrumentality was actually pretty awesome and you fucked up.
>>
Women ruin EVERYTHING.
>>
>>154699042
Asuka > Rei
>>
>>154699042
Newfags are cancer
>>
File: The one that got away.jpg (26KB, 475x330px) Image search: [Google]
The one that got away.jpg
26KB, 475x330px
"I once caught a fish THIS BIG!"?
>>
>>154699042
Thanks for watching please buy merchandise.
>>
Rebirth of humanity.
>>
>>154699042
guys like shinji make asuka feel sick
also reaching out to others and opening yourself to them is a good thing, even if it's difficult
>>
>>154699483
Only in animus
In reality, you'll eventually get fucked
>>
>>154699290
this tbqh
>>
Evangelion is existentialism for kids. If you think it's deeper than that, you are the target demographic, which is 15 year old boys.
>>
fuck you
>>
>>154699042
Congratulations?
Overcoming depression, I suppose. I'm sure that's what it was for Anno at least.
>>
>>154699042

All toasters toast toast.
>>
>>154699042
>Anno "I hate animefags, so I'll make a show where I'll take everything you love and invert it, subvert it, and otherwise do it backwards until it's a horrible convoluted mess"

That is the only message you should take form Evangelion.
>>
>>154699042
>"気持ち悪い"
Fairly open to interpretation. It's too broad to fully understand, and the creator had nothing to clarify about the meaning behind that line.
>>
>>154699611
>In reality, you'll eventually get fucked
quite the opposite
in instrumentality shinji tripped balls and pictured himself opening up with asuka, who was a bitch about it, so he choked her
thinking reality would be the same (or worse) shinji choked asuka on the beach as well, but then she caressed his face making him understand opening up with people can be good
that's how I see it anyway
>>
So I just finished the series, is Shinji canon?
>>
>>154699042
Be good to others.
>>
>>154699042
Fuck the 14 year old girl or you'll start the apocalypse.
>>
Anime is dumb.
>>
>>154699042
>shinji is a total pussy and asuka is bonkers yet they still chose reality otaku shits
>>
>>154699153
>>154699229

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>154699929
They toast bread you fool, why would you want double toasted toast?
>>
>>154700870
>Not double toasting toast
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.