[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, with all the CR drama I was wondering I know HS use CR subs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 282
Thread images: 30

File: 1471325444541.jpg (927KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1471325444541.jpg
927KB, 900x1200px
So, with all the CR drama I was wondering
I know HS use CR subs but they do their own encodes or use CR video too?
>>
File: 1472795229956.png (540KB, 758x1061px) Image search: [Google]
1472795229956.png
540KB, 758x1061px
They use CR video. But because they grab the videos immediately after release, and since CR downgrade the quality of their videos after 24 hours, HS rips are better quality forever.

>paying for a CR subscription
>>
>>154568127
No issues then
>>
>>154568486

Of course, CR video quality prior to their downgrading suffers from issues. There are groups out there that take CR/Funi/HS subs and stick them on higher quality video, though I don't know there's anyone who does that for everything they put out.
>>
>>154566895
why did they photoshop the pic to make it look like she wasn't caught masturbating?
>>
>>154570425
so they can post that on anime centric facebook pages without problem
>>
File: 1469977171441.png (49KB, 582x660px) Image search: [Google]
1469977171441.png
49KB, 582x660px
>>154568127
what's the problem with paying it? it's only $7/m
>>
>>154570873
You can get better quality video for free that isn't on a time limit. Why would you pay for an inferior service?
>>
>>154571119
Because it's the only way to support shows other than buying blurays, which I'm sure your entitled ass would never do. Cheapskates like you are the reason anime is dying.
>>
>>154571379
Buy BDs then if you're that concerned. Don't support this horrible company that screws its own customers.
>>
>>154571379
Make all the assumptions you want, a crunchyroll subscription is not a useful way to support the anime industry. The only thing you are supporting is crunchyroll.
>>
>>154568127
>But because they grab the videos immediately after release, and since CR downgrade the quality of their videos after 24 hours, HS rips are better quality forever.
>CR downgrade the quality of their videos after 24 hours
What the fuck? Aren't crunchyshit punishing their paying customers while pirates get to enjoy higher quality video?
>>
>>154571119
I'm not the other anon. I usually download my shows because I get a better quality with a proper player with filters, but it feels nice to support the scene (and it's really not a significant amount). The only time I actually use it is when I'm traveling and watch on my smartphone or notebook.
>>
>>154571496
Sure, supporting the industry is nice. You can do that without giving crunchyroll money.
>>
>>154571478
Yes, that is exactly what is happening.
>>
>>154568127
Source?
>>
>>154571550
And how would I support it? Or I pay crunchyroll $70 a year or I waste that in a single BD, seems like paying crunchyroll is the better option
>>
>>154571652
>waste
And the money you pay for crunchyroll is not wasted, despite the fact that you can get better for free? At least you have something permanent if you buy a bluray.
>>
>>154571680
It's not wasted because it's supporting the industry, that's what I'm trying to say
>>
>>154571652
Most of the money goes to crunchyroll, so by buying 1 BD a year you'll be supporting the industry more than if you keep your subscription.
>>
>>154571799
You're only supporting a shitty american company, while a very minimal part of your money goes to japan. A single BD supports the industry far more than a Crunchyshit account. Don't get tricked by Miles' bullshit
>>
>>154568127
Seriously? I thought they just uploaded it in shit quality from the start. I can understand them being lazy fucks but if that's true they're just dicks.
>>
>>154571680
Your reflexion is really simplistic.
Sure CR is shit and if you buy a BD instead of a year of CR more money will get to the production comittee, but then don't ever complain that Japanese companies make no effort to distribute their products in good quality to the western market.
Perpetuating the culture of piracy for the sake of a better quality video and because CR are assholes is dumb because you're showing the nips that you're entitled hedonists who don't want to support their business partner who distribute anime legally in your country and just want everything for free.
You do realize Japanese don't have Blu-ray quality anime for $5 a month either, right?
Boycotting CR would make sense only if you're paying for another better service but that's not going to happen because "muh streaming is shit".

I'm not talking in the context of the video quality downgrade, which is really a shit move toward their customers, and they deserve to lose customers for this. But in general it's a good thing to support official anime distributors and with your logic you won't ever do it.
>>
>>154571996
The initial quality hasn't changed, it's just even worse if you want to stream after 24 hours now.
>>
>>154572133
>but then don't ever complain that Japanese companies make no effort to distribute their products in good quality to the western market.

I am not complaining about this, nor will I. I would certainly like for the service to exist, and be willing to pay for it, but if the best the market can do for us is crunchyroll I'd rather keep pirating and keep hoping they go out of business. Maybe this will end up being a good thing, in the long run.
>>
>>154572133
>but then don't ever complain that Japanese companies make no effort to distribute their products in good quality to the western market.
Literally no one ever made this complaint
>>
File: 1425687713027.gif (481KB, 276x391px) Image search: [Google]
1425687713027.gif
481KB, 276x391px
>If you don't watch it straight away you get the shit quality.
>HS basically archives the top quality episodes.
How is this not proof that torrenting is not superior in every single way, It's boggling that 1 million morons paid for CR despite constant fuck ups and shit translations.
>>
>>154572133
>Sure CR is shit and if you buy a BD instead of a year of CR more money will get to the production comittee, but then don't ever complain that Japanese companies make no effort to distribute their products in good quality to the western market.
This logic is pretty hilarious considering CR's subscriptions are increasing while their video quality is dropping.
If anything, you should be paying less or unsubscribe so they would get their shit together to win back consumers.
>>
>>154572391
Just look at this thread. All those morons fucking ate up the "paying for CR suppots the industry" marketing BS meme.
>>
>CR shilling again
Hang yourself Daiz.
>>
FAKKU.anime SOON
>>
>>154572252
>>154572354
Then it's a respectable opinion, I guess. But it's pretty surprising for me that you're saying this given how often I read people complaining that Japanese don't put English subtitles on their BD, don't make ordering BD from oversea easier, and that ordering BD from Japan is horribly expensive because of taxes and shipping costs.
>Maybe this will end up being a good thing, in the long run.
I highly doubt that, but maybe.

>>154572468
I see you didn't read my last paragraph.
>>
>>154571379
>the only way
>>>/a/buyfag
>>
>>154571379
>Because it's the only way to support shows other than buying blurays
You could also buy regular merch or even better, send letters to the studio addressed to your favorite production staff with some yen inside.
>>
>>154572133
>You do realize Japanese don't have Blu-ray quality anime for $5 a month either, right?
at least they get it on TV which has a lot more transmission bandwidth than CR. Where do you think those raws come from.

CR simulcasts have to compete with TV rips, not with BD sales.
>>
>>154572586
>But it's pretty surprising for me that you're saying this given how often I read people complaining that Japanese don't put English subtitles on their BD, don't make ordering BD from oversea easier, and that ordering BD from Japan is horribly expensive because of taxes and shipping costs.
This is very different from
>effort to distribute their products in good quality to the western market.
None of what you just mentioned have to do with quality, and those are the sort of logic you hear from people like yourself who use CR, not from people who don't support it.
>I-I only use CR because Japanese don't put English subtitles on their BD, don't make ordering BD from oversea easier, and that ordering BD from Japan is horribly expensive because of taxes and shipping costs.
>>
>>154571379
You don't understand. Japs doesn't give a crap about foreign pirates, nor they care about any foreign market other than US, China, and Korea. Not even Brazil, with all the Huepanese.
>>
>>154572586
>Not going to Japan
>Not buying as much merch as possible
>Not buying the BDs direct
>Not visiting the studios with an envelope full of yen and a note in broken Japanese saying how much you liked the particular show
>Not keeping your BDs in pristine condition and watching the BD rips
>Thinking CR supports the industry
>>
>>154572737
You do realize television isn't free, right?
And nothing is stopping people from watching raws or putting CR subtitles on raws, some do precisely that.

>>154572874
>This is very different from
Not it's not. BD-quality is the best quality and that's what most people mean by "good quality video", or are you implying you would start paying a subscritpion for a stream with slightly less shittier encoding and better bitrate? Because judging by what I read around here nothing less than an endless stream of DRM-free BD-quality rips for $10 would convince you to buy a subscription to a legal service.

>>154573029
Yeah, they don't care. That's why Shueisha bought a French anime and manga publisher, right?

>>154573082
>reading comprehension
I'm saying you should support legal services in your country if you want Japanese to give a fuck about you and in the end have better anime releases aimed toward the western market. If you're fine with the current situation then everything is fine, I think not paying for CR and buying BDs is perfectly respectable, but then don't fucking complain about horriblesubs, bad quality subs or whatever, just watch raws and buy BDs.
>>
>>154573235
And by raws I mean TVrips, as I assume that's what most raws are, correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>154573235
>Literally called the "French Exception"
>>
>>154573285
If you guys started buying more localized things I'm sure your country could become another "exception".
Because that's litteraly it, corporates look at the numbers and care about the markets where the numbers are big.
>>
>>154573235
>Not it's not. BD-quality is the best quality and that's what most people mean by "good quality video",
tell me how
>Japanese don't put English subtitles on their BD
>make ordering BD from oversea easier,
>ordering BD from Japan is horribly expensive because of taxes and shipping costs.
has anything to do with BD-quality
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 900x1200px
>>154566895
>>
>>154568127

What's the point in downgrading the quality of a video?
>>
>>154573447
server space, apparently. That or they were doing it for shits and giggles. Which knowing how shit CR is, it was probably the reason.
>>
>>154573447
saving bandwidth cost for the company to make the extra bucks
>>
>>154573364
Argie. They just have to sell something official in the first place. But if they don't do it in Brazil why would they do it here? If they don't give a crap about my market I won't give a crap about their business.
>>
>>154571996
They don't. Daiz is just being retarded.
>>
File: sn.jpg (63KB, 340x565px) Image search: [Google]
sn.jpg
63KB, 340x565px
>>154568127
>believing a word Daiz says
>>
>>154573612
>They don't.

Yes they do. Did you somehow miss the several comparisons demonstrating it being the case?

http://diff.pics/Tb0D8sX0IXXX/4
http://diff.pics/bUmsBAsbDNVc/3
>>
>>154573672
Hey, we didn't even need the summoning ritual.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20PwaJYcnuk
>>
File: daiz screech.png (300KB, 960x593px) Image search: [Google]
daiz screech.png
300KB, 960x593px
>>154573672
Hey there faggot. I have a Crunchyroll account and I just checked out several videos. And lo and behold it's working just fine. Have you ever thought that maybe you just have a shitty internet connection?
>>
>>154573758
>And lo and behold it's working just fine.

Sure, it's working - it's just that everything that's been up for at least 24 hours on the site has notably worse quality than before.

And I have an extremely stable 350Mbit connection. Though it's not actually even relevant because you can rip the videos and confirm with 100% clarity that they're making them worse.
>>
File: crunchyroll-on-shield_0.jpg (5KB, 840x360px) Image search: [Google]
crunchyroll-on-shield_0.jpg
5KB, 840x360px
So as long as I keep using HS what I'll get won't be worse than it was before?
Time to look for remuxing groups just in case.
>>
>>154573436
>effort to distribute their products in good quality to the western market.
And by that I meant, among other things "making BD-quality release more accessible to the western market".
I don't understand what you don't understand.

>>154573582
Then don't give a crap and don't fucking complain about CR rips or CR subs. Is it that hard to understand? If you don't want to support legal services, that's fine, but don't complain that said legal services are shit. Rip broadcasts from Japanese tv and make your own subs, like people used to do in the pre-CR era.
>>
>>154573919
>So as long as I keep using HS what I'll get won't be worse than it was before?

Assuming that they won't try pushing the garbage instantly at a later date again, yes.

And that really is the most ridiculous part about all this - if you're watching something over 24 hours after release, you're literally getting better quality by using pirated Crunchyroll releases than what you'd get by being a paying Crunchyroll customer.
>>
File: rakugo screencap.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rakugo screencap.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>154573831
OK. I'll bite. Here's a screencap of the latest episode of Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu taken directly from Crunchy's streaming software at 1080p. Explain what exactly is wrong with it.
>>
>>154573926
They are shit. that's why I don't pay for them, even though I could have a CR sub, in hopes that eventually something better will appear. It's called voting with your wallet.
>>
File: 123132.jpg (407KB, 750x1002px) Image search: [Google]
123132.jpg
407KB, 750x1002px
I SUMMON THEE
>>
File: ctf.png (276KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ctf.png
276KB, 1280x720px
Daiz is only doing this to discredit HorribleSubs so that more people download shit from Underwater instead since he's butthurt that more people torrent from HS instead of Underwater.
>>
>>154574029
Yeah, and I said multiple times that it's fine, even though I don't think that is necessarily a good idea in the long run if you want something better to appear.
What I find maddening is people complaining about CRrips and subs when they don't even pay for it. How many hundreds or thousands of posts on /a/ for a few retarded lines in the GabDro subs? When someone could have watched the episode, corrected the lines and released it an hour later. But no, everyone wants his "fastsub" and then complain that a service they didn't pay for is shit.
>>
File: 1488352404434.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488352404434.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>154574016
It's worse quality than it was for the 24 hour period after release. Even in a low complexity scene like this you can see this when comparing the two - note how the dangos look blockier and the wood textures in the background look blurrier. The differences are even more notable in complex scenes, action scenes, dark scenes or anything involving very large gradients.
>>
File: ?.png (121KB, 250x418px) Image search: [Google]
?.png
121KB, 250x418px
>>154574171
Are you literally retarded? They look EXACTLY the same. Fuck Daiz, I knew you were autistic, but come on man. You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>154574164
>Underwater
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=031vKBPk5eA
>>
>>154574170
>When someone could have watched the episode, corrected the lines and released it an hour later.

Someone does that now. In fact, I think they were even doing it during the period you're talking about. It's just that that was the final straw for a lot of people who were still watching the official subs.
>>
>They look EXACTLY the same
Look closer, at the darker background areas in particular.
>>
>>154574224
>They look EXACTLY the same.

Maybe if you have poor eyesight. Or your display is terrible.

Either way, the differences are certainly more subtle in a simple and mostly static scene like this, but the same can't be said of more complex scenes - just look at the comparisons in >>154573672 and try telling me they look "exactly the same".
>>
>>154574257
Ok, so maybe it's my fault for assuming people complaining on /a/ were watching HS release and not directly on CR. And if that's really case then I wonder why they didn't voiced their complaints in the CR forums instead of polluting /a/ with their shit.
>>
Streaming is ALWAYS shit.
CR used to be pirates, but now they are angels.
And no, you ARENT supporting shit by giving your money to this "company".
Stop calling people cheapskates if you cant buy a fucking merch.
And the worst, you are making anime mainstream.
Fuck off CR shills.
Fuck off retards who want to fit in.
>>
>>154574372
>And the worst, you are making anime mainstream.
Fuck off. Nobody cares about this, you are not special for watching anime, this is not and never was a secret club.
>>
File: gintama screencap.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gintama screencap.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>154574304
My eyes are fine shithead. And my display is from a customized laptop with a 1080p screen. It works just fine.

And those "comparisons" you posted are obviously horseshit since you probably just switched the resolution to 480p or SD to spread your propaganda.

Here's another screencap from the latest episode of Gintama, and surprise-surprise, it looks fine. Fuck off.
>>
>>154574421
You just proved my point.
I AM NOT.
And thats what I want, but you fagbook faggots with your hip and cool memes WANT to be special.
>>
>>154574471
Kill yourself, retard.
>>
>>154574470
*$0.05 add to your account*
>>
>>154574470
>And those "comparisons" you posted are obviously horseshit

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

A lot of people have noticed the lowered quality as well, and are complaining about it on their forums and social media. This issue is very much real.
>>
>>154574536
You proved me wrong right there
>>
>>154574372
Buying BDs and DVDs supports anime, sure. But buying other merch like figma and other products only supports companies that makes figma and other products.
And anime companies consistenly receive royalties from CR, which in turn increases the amount of money they receive through compound interest. Nobody's saying that CR is giving all their money to the anime industry and that they don't stand to benefit like any other company, but to say that CR doesn't support the anime industry at all is silly.
>>
>>154574470
Why are you trying so hard to defend an objectively shitty company?...
Even if you're fine with decreased quality their business model in general is shit and very little money makes it back tot he people who actually make the media they're leeching off of.
>>
>>154574546
Just cause a group of retards like you are crying wolf on twitter doesn't mean that this is happening widespread. We all know you're mad that you're constantly getting cucked by HorribleSubs, but please go be autistic somewhere else.
>>
>>154574631
I don't give a shit what you guys think about CR. I'm just not gonna believe Daiz's bullshit that he spews to deter people from using HorribleSubs. Daiz is a cuck who's mad that HorribleSubs made him obsolete, and you're an idiot for believing anything he says.
>>
File: memesubs.png (620KB, 2248x2420px) Image search: [Google]
memesubs.png
620KB, 2248x2420px
>>154574366
They did. And everywhere else, too.

And most people here were probably watching HS. Not sure where you got that they were watching on CR just because I said official subs. HS is still a rip of them.
>>
>>154574762
So you aren't interested in facts or logic, you are just against daiz no matter what?
>>
>>154574762
Dude, I use horriblesubs BECAUSE crunchyroll is a shit company.

Even if your retarded conspiracy is correct it's still not a reason to support crunchyroll.
>>
>>154574470
Also, I just checked and CR seems to have done some more reverting - the latest episode of Gintama is using the old, higher bitrate video again. Previous episodes still have the lower quality video though, so at most it seems like they've increased the delay on the switch beyond 24 hours. Could be 48 hours now - time will tell.
>>
>>154574762
Mate HorribleSubs doesn't even suffer from this low quality video issue right now because they rip the episodes as soon as they come out and still have the higher bitrate video available. It's paying customers that are getting fucked after X hours when the worse video is swapped in.

HS will only be affected if CR starts pushing out the shit video immediately.
>>
File: 1488186259507.gif (1MB, 540x394px) Image search: [Google]
1488186259507.gif
1MB, 540x394px
>>154566895
I thought I noticed this too a few days ago. Just cancelled my subscription. Thanks for confirming my autism daiz.
>>
>>154573926
>I don't understand what you don't understand.
This is a fucking mess, I'm going to rephrase your revised statement
>Sure CR is shit and if you buy a BD instead of a year of CR more money will get to the production comittee, but then don't ever complain that Japanese companies make no effort in making BD-quality release more accessible to the western market
First, this would only make sense if CR is giving you BD-quality releases, which you aren't getting
Second, why would you think someone who's already buying raw BD would give a shit about 'accessibility'
And as I've mentioned before, those 'complaints' are made by CR users in their 'reasoning' to use the service
>>
On our way for another 700+ posts trainwreck of a thread.
Crunchy, you're truly despicable.
>>
>>154571379
Buy some merch. Then you are least get something out of the deal and they get a much larger share of the profits than CR which pays almost nothing. There is a reason there are so many anime branded items out there. Or you could buy the original manga/LN, if the anime generates good sales for the source material it is more likely to be funded for a second season.
>>
>>154574779
Of course they did, what I meant is I wished they kept that in the CR forums instead of shitting up threads here on /a/.
I assumed you meant "watching on CR", but then I'm repeating what I said earlier, I'm fucking mad at people complaining about HS subs quality, they should just download something else and if it doesn't exist make it themselves. You don't look a gift horse in the mouth, much less a stolen one.

>>154574973
>Second, why would you think someone who's already buying raw BD would give a shit about 'accessibility'
Some people would be happy if they could buy BDs directly from the Japanese companies with english subs and without paying taxes and shipping costs. I know I would. I'm not saying YOU do and I never said that. Apparently you don't understand my posts and I'm tired of trying to explain my point to you.
>>
>>154574224
Differences might be minor, but it's far from being exactly the same.
>>
File: e90.jpg (16KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
e90.jpg
16KB, 300x295px
>>154571379
Who could be behind this post?
>>
>>154572133
I don't think a single person on this board cares about that. Who gives a shit, its 2017, just order shit from Japan.
>>
>>154571379
>anime is dying
You're not fooling anyone faggot.
>>
>>154574224
you need a proper monitor or proper eyes motherfucker, I see artifacs and shitty edges everywhere
>>
>>154574546
Why are you shitting on CR now?, some weeks ago you were defending their shit translation
Kill yourself fag
>>
>>154575272
>Why are you shitting on CR now?

I've been shitting on CR's video since 2008 though.
>>
>>154574799
I'm against Daiz because he doesn't provide facts and logic and instead just pulls shit out of his ass.
>>154574803
I don't care whether you support CR or not. You just shouldn't let yourself get duped by that faggot.
>>
>>154575231
I do order shit from Japan. But when I do I pay shipping costs and import taxes. Or are you telling me you're happy to pay taxes and shipping costs everytime you buy something from Japan? Maybe you love your country just that much and you have family in the postal services?
What I want is Japanese companies to set up their own distribution services in the West so we can buy the same things the Japanese do but without the inconveniences of importing from Japan.
>>
>>154575311
The facts are there. The fault is in your monitor or your eyes if you literally can't see any difference between the images.
>>
>>154575365
They never gonna do that.
>>
File: 1487601177699.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1487601177699.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>154568127
>HS use CR video
are you telling me that the official CR Kuzu no Honkai stream has a shitty watermark from some japanese tv station in the top right corner
>>
>>154575376
The fact is that you have autism like most people here
Normal people dont notice that shit
>>
>>154575396
You don't know about that.
>>
>>154574470
nigger I am not even wearing my glasses and I can tell the difference.
>>
>>154575406
CR doesn't stream Kuzu no Honkai.
>>
>>154575406
Kuzu is the only show that does not use a WEBRIP because HorribleSubs doesn't know how to rip Amazon's video without recording it. It's the only show HS is doing that for this season, and only because they're forced to and don't want to give Commie downloads.
>>
I still find that strange that a fish like Daiz isn't a CR head faggot.
>>
>>154575134
But those subs are the same as CR.
>>
>>154575406
Not him but they do grab their releases from CR for the most part. Kuzu isn't streamed by CR so of course it's not going to be a CR rip.
>>
>>154575461
Pfft japan is too xenophopic for that bullshit.
>>
>>154575365
Not their fault you live in a shitty country where you have to pay taxes for some jap shit
>>
>>154575407
Normal people wouldn't care if they were still being served 480x360 on a CTR screen.
>>
>>154573926
So unless you're okay with getting assfucked you can't complain about getting assfucked? Your logic is truly astonishing.
>>
>>154575512
And?
I'm saying they shouldn't complain if they're pirating it, that's all.

>>154575537
Tell that to the South Americans, I know many of them have it worse than me.
>not their fault
Yeah, it's not their fault my country make me pay taxes on imported good, but what does that have to do with anything we discussed?
>>
>>154575529
Not enough to despise easy money.
Thing is setting up something like this is anything but easy.
CR being successful or not isn't going to help that much either, it only serves to gauge interest to some degree but that's what they use licensing companies for anyway. They might not make as much money as they do with direct sales but they don't have to deal with international logistics either.
>>
>>154575365
It costs like 3$ for shipping if you aren't paying for overnight like a retard. Many websites that ship from Japan even offer free shipping to North America if you buy more than a certain amount. Why even buy BDs anyway, the prices are absurd even if you buy it instore in Japan, you can just watch the rips with English subs and then buy a figure or something instead to support the company.
>>
File: boger face chitoge.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
boger face chitoge.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>154575365
>mfw not at home to receive my YuruYuri order so had to go to customs office
>mfw routine check goes to the guy in front of me instead of me

>>154575659
We do. 20% on gross.
>>
What CR said about it?
>>
>>154574809
>>154574841
Where the fuck are you getting these ideas from? Why would Crunchy deliberately want to provide inferior quality service to their customers? That would be counter intuitive and cause them to lose money.
>>154575376
You need to have Rain Man level autism in order to notice any real difference between the two.
>>
>>154575486
Why would you download HS instead of Commie? I know they are a meme but they aren't actually that bad and usually put out quality releases.
>>
Confirmed that CR has increased the switch time to bad video from 24 hours to 48 hours:
https://hastebin.com/lanovubido.sql

Still no official word from them on the matter. Looks like someone's trying to cover up for their shit.
>>
>>154575659
>should not complain
Why not? Subs sucked in Gabriel Dropout and thats it.
>>
>>154575705
>Why even buy BDs anyway
Because we're talking about using your money to directly support the industry.
Of course buying BDs isn't terribly efficient either, unless you can afford to buy BDs for every show you liked, in the end most of them will get fuck all from you.
>>
>>154575766
>Why would Crunchy deliberately want to provide inferior quality service to their customers?

Because they'll be able to save money (ie. pocket more cash) due to the massive bandwidth reduction if they can get away with it? This isn't exactly rocket science.
>>
>>154575697
a few studios are testing the waters with Netflix now that its becoming big in Japan
which might work out better than CR or some new startup since Netflix has better video quality
>>
>>154575529
They're not too xenophobic to sell their Playstations, video games, music, phones and computers all over the world. If they have the means to do it for anime and if they think there's a market they might do it someday.

>>154575705
People buy BD because they're collectibles and to support the companies. And not everyone lives in North America.
>buy a figure to support the company
You might as well buy a CR subscription then, or if you don't like CR, buy cheap goods like keychains or shirts. Most of the money you spend buying figures goes to figure makers.
>>
>>154575765
Nothing because it's all bullshit.
>>
>>154575765
Miles spent his weekend trying to get people to report any issues to CR Support
and also arguing with people that complained to him that their torrents were low quality

like, I dislike Miles and everything, but how big of a dick do you have to be to complain to CR staff that their quality issues are ruining your pirated material
>>
>>154575855
You need to check your eyes.
>>
>>154575791
If you can't see how that's wrong to complain about the quality of pirated subs and videos I'm not sure what I can do for you.
Just say "it's bad" and be done with it, then look for an alternative.
>>
>>154575796
Miles pls stop shilling CR on /a/. And you should buy BD if you really liked a show to actually want support it
>>
>>154575766
You are blind then, some of those comparisons are pretty obvious. Like I said, I am not even wearing my glasses and I can tell the difference. That is also the answer to your question, they do it because 90% of CR's customers don't give a shit about quality and wouldn't complain cause they upgraded from 360p streams on like watchnarutoonline.ru or some shit and have never watched a BD. They think that CR actually is good quality. If they actually cared, they wouldn't be watching on CR in the first place.
>>
>>154575773
Just stop... You're not fooling anyone.
>>154575821
They literally just had a merger with Funimation not long ago you stupid faggot. CR isn't having any issues with money.
>>154575900
And you need to check your autism.
>>
>>154575765
CR are too busy circlejerking on their chat.
>>
>>154575880
But right now the issue affects paying customers and not pirates!
>>
>>154575773
Go inhale cyanide faggot even if you're right this time.
>>
>>154571799

You should consider supporting a part of the industry that isn't willingly lowering the quality of its product.
>>
>>154575937
>CR isn't having any issues with money.
That's the point. They're jews making some good shit out of anime.
>>
>>154575796
Buy figures and merch, same deal and you get something nice out of it. Or buy the source manga. Good sales on the source is what gets funding for a season two, not bluray sales, usually. Unless the BDs just perform shockingly out of control well.
>>
>>154575773
What am I supposed to be able to understand from that link? With no information on the quality available at 47 hours and 59 minutes I don't see how this tells me anything useful.
>>
>>154575836
Although even for videogames they usually work with a licensing method. It might not be obvious with big companies like Nintendo having branches all over the place but when you get to smaller ones you see that Xseed and NISA are pretty much the FUNi or Sentai of videogames.
>Most of the money you spend buying figures goes to figure makers
At least you get something nicer than animekiss-tier videos.
>>
>>154575937
>CR isn't having any issues with money.

Which simply means that this whole thing comes down to pure corporate greed.

Crunchyroll isn't a bunch of friendly anime nerds who want the best for you. It's a huge company owned by AT&T and The Chernin Group that has received funding to the tune of millions and millions of dollars.
>>
>>154571379
>Cheapskates like you are the reason anime is dying.
The west is obviously the reason why anime is dying, yes.
>>
>>154575964
I am a paying customer
and I have not experienced any of these issues

the only issue I have is that their PS4 app has issues streaming video during high use hours (5PM-10PM EST on week days)
they need to upgrade their servers to handle their high use hours because this has been an issue for 3-4 months
>>
File: gd-12.jpg (962KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gd-12.jpg
962KB, 1920x1080px
>>154576059
>I am a paying customer
>>
>>154576059
So you're both blind and pay for a service that even you admit is crap.
>>
>>154575836
But for them anime is only for nipponese and not for filthy gaijins
>>
>>154576029
>Which simply means that this whole thing comes down to pure corporate greed.
You mean just like Fakku when it makes weebs pay $10 for a 25 pages digital doujinshi while I can buy a good quality print of a manga volume for €7 in a language with a much less big userbase?

Because in that case I totally agree with you.
>>
>>154576006
>What am I supposed to be able to understand from that link?

That the available formats change at the 48 hour mark. The old ones are what HS rips, the new ones are the bad ones with reduced bitrate and worse encoding settings.
>>
>>154575912
Well i dont need because i dropped show anyway and i watched it in raws
>>
>>154576029
>It's a huge company owned by AT&T and The Chernin Group that has received funding to the tune of millions and millions of dollars.
holy shit fuck off back to pol
>>
>>154576124
>$10 for a 25 pages digital doujinshi

It doesn't though? You usually get a 200+ page book in really high quality and DRM-free for ten bucks.

It's true that doujinshi costs more per page but that's literally how it has always been - the smaller the volume, the more you generally pay relatively speaking.

And regular manga still has way bigger volume than h-manga, which is why it's relatively cheaper.
>>
>>154575796
I'm not someone who blindly hates CR but that's plain bullshit. Buying BDs is still the best way to support the industry.

>>154576012
Anime companies are big and should be able to distribute anime overseas themselves without licensing, if they so want. Because IP matters regarding anime and the production comittee system is a mess it's not an easy thing to do, but it's possible.
I have nothing against figures and owns a few dozens myself, but suggesting buying figures as a mean to support the anime industry isn't very smart because very little of the money spent on figures goes back to the production comittee.

>>154576114
This mentality is slowly changing because the gaijin market is fucking huge, even if it's mainly the asian countries that matter right now.
>>
Someone should make a site like kitsunekko with only CR subs.
>>
>>154576112
I don't usually use the service during high use hours, so it's not *that* annoying
and I'm not poor so I don't mind paying for the luxury of being lazy and laying on my couch without having to hook up my laptop every time I want to watch anime

I still torrent shows that aren't in the CR library, and ones that I want to have access to if I travel and don't have internet
>>
>>154576124
Go to Comiket and you can buy them direct from the artist for like 300yen or less. The audacity of charging 10$ is absurd, especially when as you said you can get a full length professionally published manga volume for 600-800yen new, and as low as 200 or 300 in manda. Obviously porn doujin scanlations are worth a tenner in light of this. And yet people still buy it.
>>
>>154576200
>holy shit fuck off back to pol
he's right though...
>>
>>154576200
There's nothing incorrect about what I said: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crunchyroll

It's not exactly a new thing for a big-ass corporation to try to screw over their customers in an effort to maximize the amount of money they can get out of them.
>>
Reminder that streaming anime is retarded and only newfags do that, regardless of context.
>>
>>154576200
You don't even know what you're talking about. This isn't some Alex Jones conspiracy bullshit. It's written on the fucking Otter Media wikipedia page.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otter_Media
>>
>>154576225
Yeah slowly but i have high doubts that it will ever happen other than in asia.
>>
>>154566895
what drama?
>>
>>154576322
We need more of this attitude back in /a/. People are lazy as fuck lately and don't care about the quality of the media they are consuming. It is a disrespect to the animation staff to not appreciate their hard work in the highest quality available.
>>
>>154576254
>not poor
>doesn't have an OLED home theater setup
>doesn't have a monitor worth its price
that's why you can't see a difference retard
you spend $7/month on garbage, got used to garbage, and got a garbage 4K smart TV on discount off black friday or some shit and a laptop with a shit tft

you want a simulcast done right? only AoD has good video quality. based germans, though shit's hardsubbed. i'm not poor either, so i'll exclusively support services like AoD that give a shit about video quality. fuck cr and the culture of good enough and laziness it brings out.
>>
>there is nothing wrong with pirating everything
>there is nothing wrong with pirating everything and buying BDs to support the industry
>there is nothing wrong with paying a CR subscription
>there is nothing wrong with paying a CR subscription and buying BDs to support the industry

the only thing that is wrong and absolutely unforgivable is having watermarks on your screenshots
>>
>>154576124
Doesn't mention Fakku, or else the bald thing will have a collapse.
>>
>>154576322
>>154576397
Almost nobody in this thread is arguing that streaming is as good as watching rips saved locally with your favorite player, in terms of comfort and video quality. Because it's clearly not.
I myself argue for supporting official services, be it CR or something else, be it streaming or physical release, because I think it's good for the industry as a whole in the long run. You might disagree but don't disregard this kind of argument with things like "streaming sucks" because that's not what we're discussing.
>>
>>154576201
Sure, man, sure. I appreciate how you say I'm wrong about the price while not even correcting me. Could it be that in reality a doujinshi from Fakku costs even more?
>le-hebrew-merchant-meme.jpg
>>
>>154576524
It's just friendly banter. I don't even consume ero-shit, let alone spend shekels on it.
But I'd be pretty mad with Fakku if I did.
>>
>>154576657
Nope, most doujins are priced at $6.

And comparing it to regular manga which is in a completely different league when it comes volume is just silly when volume has a huge effect on how much you're relatively paying for content.
>>
>>154575983
Please go back to /pol/ and stay there.
>>154576029
>m-muh corporations are bad and greedy
No fucking shit CR is a business that's trying to make money like every other company in America. There's nothing wrong with that so long as they keep their customers satisfied, which they are. Quit posting bullshots of CRs alleged downgrade just because you're butthurt that nobody downloads your fansubs anymore you cuck.
>>
>>154576748
>Nope, most doujins are priced at $6.
Oh, then an entire dollar less than a full quality physical manga tankobon published in a language with a ridiculous small userbase, this changes everything and I apol...
Wait, it's actually still a rippoff.

>volume has a huge effect on how much you're relatively paying for content.
Please explain how less work and no need for storage costs more.
>>
>>154575304
Daiz I honestly hate you for a lot of things but I'm with you on this CR thing

Godspeed you glorious bastard
>>
>>154576852
>manga in France
>ridiculous small userbase

Dude, manga in France is huge. I already told you this the last time you posted this.
>>
>>154576890
Daiz is really a faggot, but at least he's on the ball about video encoding stuff.
>>
>>154576765
>so long as they keep their customers satisfied, which they are.
This is actually sad.
>>
>>154576714
It's not just friendly banter. Fakku along aside with Daiz will be forever doomed unless jacob reverse the nigger shit that he have done.
>>
>>154576922
>France
Italy.
You're telling me they're gonna sell huge quantities of Soil copies in Italy?
If you believe that you're really delusional.

Look, you still haven't justified $6 for 25 digital pages with a minimum amount of work.
>>
>>154576538
Anime industry hasnt been worth of supporting for long time. Manga will always be better and that is what is worth of supporting
>>
>>154576852
>Oh, then an entire dollar less than a full quality physical manga tankobon
I don't know about Fakku and I don't care about it, but that's really stupid. $6 (600 yen) is exactly the price you would pay for most doujinshi in Japan, unless you're buying it second-hand or directly from the circle's booth at an event, in which case it would be $5 (500 yen).
>>
>>154576890
>>154576985
Nice try daiz. Doing the usual I see.
>>
>>154577036
>digital=physical
Interesting.

Would you also pay €80k to look at a picture of an Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio?
>>
>>154576538
But it does suck, that's kind of the point. Why spend money on a service you don't even use because it's strictly inferior to the free alternative? You aren't supporting the industry as much as their business model, because they give very little to the actual studios themselves. By approving this shitty business model with your money, it says that there is really no reason for them to improve or to try something else because it is clearly working already in collecting everyone's money.

Honestly even if there was a netflix for anime, I wouldn't pay for it because I like to collect the files. On the other hand I would be willing to pay for a service that offers legal torrents of airing anime in high quality with decent translations, no watermarks or shitty video like CR. They could run a private tracker and keep everything seeded well for fast downloads. Of course they license the shows like CR and pass some of the profits back to the studios. That is actually offering a superior service to those of the pirates and actually worth paying for and supporting. But no one would ever bother trying to tap the market in a pro-consumer way because shitty streaming companies have already monopolized the market.
>>
Daiz is a cool guy
>>
>>154577014
>Look, you still haven't justified $6 for 25 digital pages with a minimum amount of work.

How about the fact that it costs around the same if not even less than the Japanese counterpart, and you get more value out of it?

Just checking on one of the most recent doujin releases, Valkyrie Hazard 2:

>FAKKU price: $5.95
>DLsite price: 756 yen (~$6.60)
>DMM price: 604 yen (~$5.27, but it's currently -20% off, so the regular price would be same as DLsite)

And the FAKKU version is a) uncensored b) in English c) much higher quality than the Japanese digital versions.
>>
>>154577167
>>FAKKU price: Free
Fixed your problem.
>>
>>154577167
>How about the fact that it costs around the same if not even less than the Japanese counterpart, and you get more value out of it?
I've got two words for you.

BLU. RAY.

>they jew people so it's okay if we jew them too
Yours is a fallacious logic.
>>
>>154577014
I think the real issue here is the fact that you aren't getting any discount for buying digital, which has no material cost and is essentially not real. It makes sense for a self published doujin to be more expensive relative to size compared to a professional book, it's just economies of scale. In digital format though, that makes no sense, it costs nothing to the publisher to sell them beyond the initial like 100$ spend scanning and translating it.
>>
>>154571379
>anime didn't sustain itself for years without foreign customers
Give it up if anime ever dies it'll be because they started pandering to get western money instead of focusing on the jap audience that kept them alive since before americans were aware of anime
>>
>>154577167
Do you know a guy who rides a Suzuki Katana? He's Finnish too.
>>
File: 1488751608560.jpg (22KB, 310x285px) Image search: [Google]
1488751608560.jpg
22KB, 310x285px
Basically:
>CR starts switching pretty much all of the episodes on their site with re-encoded versions that look fucking awful, even if the show is years old
>usually they leave the "high" quality one with the old encoding settings (what we're used to with HS) but last week they tried to give people the shit quality one first, meaning HS grabbed that instantly
>everyone makes a big stink about it, CR reverses it but continues its policy of replacing the high quality version with the shit quality one 24 hours after the show airs and still has every episode on the site no matter the show made to look like an upscaled 480p youtube video
My sides can't handle this. By not paying a single cent for anime, I get BETTER quality. Not just in fansubs+raws, the actual fucking paid subscription service is better for people who don't pay because every HS release uses the old encoding
>>
>>154577021
That's a fine opinion, there's nothing wrong with that. I also support the manga industry by buying both raw and localized manga.

>>154577077
And yet many people here seem to think that digital>physical.
It's also a debate, and I do think the lower production, storage and distribution costs should translate in a cheaper product. But in the end even if it's digital you still get the manga for the same price you would have paid in Japan. It's not shocking.

>>154577088
>You aren't supporting the industry as much as their business model, because they give very little to the actual studios themselves.
But that's not how it works. By supporting CR and the likes you help the industry to grow and get more customers. If there are a thousand casuals spending $10 a month on manga and anime, it's still more money that 10 /a/nons spending $300 a month.

And this will be my last post because fuck I have anime to watch.
>>
>>154576201
When will they ban you're jew ass for advertising? it's against global 11 shill
>>
>>154577247
You do have to make back the money you spent on producing the digital version and hopefully turn a profit on it too so you can produce more things to sell in the future.

The artists get a 70% cut with the doujinshi, and sales numbers rarely go beyond three digits - this goes for Japanese sales too (and FAKKU's cut for the artists is very competitive with the likes of DLSite and such).
>>
>>154577366
This is only beggin and CR will fall like tokyopop did.
>>
>>154577366
Is Crunchyroll trying to go out of business?
>>
>>154577411
>By supporting CR
Don't you feel shame at saying such words?
>>
>>154577558
It's less shameful than not having reading comprehension.
>>
U DA MAN DAIZ
>>
>>154577612
But it doesn't help anything grow, garten.
>>
>>154577700
Then why are the special needs kids complaining that "muh anime is becoming mainstream because of CR" if it doesn't help the audience for anime grow?
>>
>>154577748
Because they are almost as retarded as you are
>>
>>154577843
And you're not retarded for thinking the industry can live on people pirating their products while a handful of hardcore fans buy the occasional BD box? You are an idiot if you think supporting locale companies doesn't help the industry, and I'm not defending CR in particular, they're shit, I'm saying this for all the companies involved in localization and distribution of anime and manga in gaijinland.
>>
>>154577366
Basically:
>Nothing is fucking happening and Daiz is being a faggot as usual
FTFY
>>
>>154578321
Dayz is outta here because this thread isn't very popular right now
>>
>>154577748
Because that audience is brain dead morons like yourself with absolutely no standards who think streaming shitty upscaled SD video with artifacts everywhere, shit sound, and shit translation is worth paying for.
>>
>>154578932
See
>>154576538
Fucking idiot. Just watch TV rips and shut up.
>>
>>154578302
THE INDUSTRY CAN LIVE NO MATTER WHAT THE DIRTY WHITE PIGS DO

>>154572364
The only international sales that matter are the east Asian ones, and the industry is far from dying with the market growing every year.
>>
>>154579358
Yes of course, anon with a broken keyboard who can't read the post he's responding to. I never said that the anime industry can't live without the Western market.
My point is that the Western market is small but it's still something and arguing that official distributors of localized anime and manga are doing nothing for the industry is idiotic.
Fuck, nobody here seems to have more than half a brain.
Do you think thay the industry gets so much money from Asia because asians watch torrented rips and buy BDs once in a while? No, it's mostly money from streaming.
>>
I didn't know CR shills were paid to stink up /a/.
>>
>>154579719
CR doesn't give a shit about /a/. They're not some bogeyman lurking in the shadows trying to sell you shit.
>>
>>154579719
>>154579796
Yeah, we have better things to do than post here.
>>
I wish I was Daiz
>>
>>154577280
>jap audience that kept them alive
barely
>>
>>154577411
>But in the end even if it's digital you still get the manga for the same price you would have paid in Japan. It's not shocking.
Oh, god, another one >>154577238
>>
>>154578321
The only time when Daiz isn't right is when he shills Fakku and pushes his retarded manga naming scheme.

I would also avoid to listen to his tricological advices.
>>
>>154580634
>and pushes his retarded manga naming scheme
What is wrong with his naming scheme?
>>
>>154570646
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>154580584
How about you try to form an argument instead of invoking the boogeyman?
I never bought anything from Fakku and will never do, but I still want to react when I read stupid shit.
>>
>>154574224
Why are you responding instead of reporting?
>>
>>154577411
>If there are a thousand casuals spending $10 a month on manga and anime, it's still more money that 10 /a/nons spending $300 a month.

You are ridiculously wrong.
CR pays a flat fee per anime license, which is ludicrously low in itself.
One or ten billion subscribers would make absolutely no difference as far as the studio's profits are concerned

Not to mention that you're demonstrating a staggering ignorance of how the Japanese market works, by suggesting that the revenue from streaming services could be even COMPARABLE to customers buying merchandise and BDs
>>
File: C65VK-6U0AABmR4.jpg orig.jpg (23KB, 817x107px) Image search: [Google]
C65VK-6U0AABmR4.jpg orig.jpg
23KB, 817x107px
>>
>>154580691
>volume before chapter
>month before day
I bet you're american.
>>154580746
>argument
My argument is in the comment I linked, genius.
>BLU. RAY.
If you don't get it then get out of /a/.
>>
>>154581023
Just don't reply to the fuckers. They're either shills or mentally retarded, and policy has always been to ignore both.
>>
>>154580903
>murder the bitrate to save on server costs
>costs people who call you out pirates
That's pretty brilliant in itself.
>>
>>154581023
>I bet you're american.
I prefer the ISO format actually, so yes month before day works in that case.
>>
>>154580902
I didn't mention CR in that sentence, but I see you're good a deforming my arguments.
>suggesting that the revenue from streaming services could be even COMPARABLE to customers buying merchandise and BDs
Because it can, you idiot. I'm not saying a dollar spent on a localized release is the same as a dollar spent on a Japaneqe BD, but gaijin buying merchandise and BD directly from Japan will always be a minority, while streaming services have the potential to take money from every single customer watching anime.

>>154581023
So what? You buy Blu-rays to support doujin artists? Does that make sense to you?
Or are trying to make a different point? Because it's not clear at all.
>>
>>154580903
>putting Miles on edge
Why is herkz such a bully?
>>
>>154579796
I would not be sure about that, Miles comes here for some reason
>>
>>154580903
Who the hell is he talking about?
>>
>>154581563
herkz
>>
>>154581363
>So what? You buy Blu-rays to support doujin artists? Does that make sense to you?
Lolno, why would I ever buy nip BDs?
Nip BDs cost is inflated, while in the west they're cheap, that's the point.
Now get out.
>>
>>154582003
OK, so form an intelligible sentence, because just saying "blu-ray" makes no sense.
>Nip BDs cost is inflated, while in the west they're cheap, that's the point.
That's your point? I hope not because it makes no fucking sense in the context of doujin manga. Doujin manga aren't collectibles with an inflated price because they're aimed at a small group of hardcore fans.
>Now get out.
I would feel bad leaving you between people who don't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>154580634
Daiz is never right, he's completely irrelevant these days other than idiots replying to him and inflating his jew ego
>>
File: bomberman.jpg (24KB, 348x358px) Image search: [Google]
bomberman.jpg
24KB, 348x358px
If you're not a Japanese otaku, it isn't your place to support the anime industry. You should be happy with the table scraps you get instead of acting like an entitled American.
>>
>>154583270

Ten shekels have been deposited into your account.
>>
>>154584250
Keep your shekels you can use them to buy a fakku subscription you shill
>>
>>154584313
Glad to know anon bumps threads from page 8 because someone insults him.
>>
File: 1384826533870.jpg (38KB, 331x341px) Image search: [Google]
1384826533870.jpg
38KB, 331x341px
>all these neo-/a/ cucks using CR
>>
>>154576029
CR loves pirates so much they keep a good quality video for a period just so we can rip it. Also, softsubs.
You can't name any other company as pirate-friendly as CR. I love them.
>>
>>154571379
Oh fuck off with that faggot shit. People like you need to realize you can still support your shit anime in other ways than paying for crunchyShit. Holy fuck how new are you?
>>
File: c.png (699KB, 2346x738px) Image search: [Google]
c.png
699KB, 2346x738px
Because Mr Diaz wouldnt do it himself
The right one (stated as the 24hr later one) does ineed look blockier. I don't see why they would bother since it wont save them THAT much space with this little of a difference in compression

Taken from
>>154574171
>>154574016
>>
File: b.png (451KB, 3060x840px) Image search: [Google]
b.png
451KB, 3060x840px
>>154586896
It wasn't obvious enough, so i enlarged it further.
Not supporting Diaz's claims here, but there is a difference, where it came from I do not know
>>
>>154587032
This is when I'm glad I litteraly have vision problems. I can't see this kind of difference unless I zoom and look closely.
>>
>>154587467
How about this then: http://diff.pics/Tb0D8sX0IXXX/4
>>
>>154582325
>OK, so form an intelligible sentence, because just saying "blu-ray" makes no sense.
It does for people who know what they're talking about like me and Daiz.
>Doujin manga aren't collectibles
Pfffhahahahaha. Thanks for the laugh.
It's not my point, it was Daiz's point, retard.
>it's okay because that's their price on the other side of the planet
>>
>>154585293
Laughed.
Someone should make a thread on the Crunchyroll forum with this OP thanking them.
>>
Fuck off Miles
>>
>>154570873
>203 dollars wasted on anime
>instead of torrenting and buying a 4TB backup for all your 1080p BD rips
>>
In this thread, /a/ gets to laugh at the pathetic shitflinging from the irrelevant remnants of the fansubber-community at the dumb behemoth Crunchyroll.
>>
So when is crunchyroll's statement on this matter is going to be available?
>>
>>154589085
Once ANN deems it an article worth talking about.
>>
>>154588193
How poor can you be that you cant afford 203 dollars over the course of 3 years? I've literally wasted more buying coffee at work
>>
>>154589336
Why would I do that when I can torrent? Why would I buy music if I can pirate it? Why would I buy video games that are easily piratable?
>>
>>154571478
They crunch the file size so their total archive data doesn't become fucking huge in a few days
All streaming services do the same, including Spotify, YouTube and Netflix
>>
>>154589382
If everyone thought that way we wouldn't have anything, retard. Some people (especially the ones that aren't teenagers still in school) like to support the industry they're interested in, be it music, video or games.
>>
>>154589416
They just want to save bandwidth, space is not a problem.
>>
Why don't they just let the American's cultural invasion just takeover anime industry? We might get literal reddit animes but at least Anime will keep going forward
>>
>>154589453
Im counting on you normalfags to keep my anime and video games alive.

Thank you for doing all the work while I can just pirate shit.
>>
>>154589567
>forward

Yeah we need SJWs anime now.
>>
>>154571379
People still seriously believe this?
>>
>>154589570
>people who buy things are normalfags
you must be 18 or older to be here
>>
>>154589716
Nah just people who support this kind of shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVtvg_iErL0

I mean only normalfags would be happy to support anime becoming mainstream cancer.
>>
They addressed the issue. It was just a bug.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-985103/our-statement-regarding-recent-video-quality-issues
>>
>>154588001
>Doujin manga aren't collectibles
That's not what I wrote, retard. The full sentence was "Doujin manga aren't collectibles with an inflated price because they're aimed at a small group of hardcore fans."
And yes, for most people doujin manga aren't collectibles, they're meant to be read first and foremost.
>it's okay because that's their price on the other side of the planet
No, it's okay because they're normally expensive for something that is aimed at a very niche audience. Most circles don't make a lot of money from selling doujin, they would probably make more using the time they spend on their doujin to flip burgers instead. Complaining about doujin being expensive is really fucking stupid.
As for distribution of digital doujin to the USA, sure you cut costs compared to having to make a physical release, but you also have to pay the translators and other things. Since it's very niche it's not surprising it's expensive. I don't know about the particular case of Fakku, but if the authors really do get a nice cut on the $6 I wouldn't paying that. The only problem is if the middleman gets most of the profit.
>It's not my point, it was Daiz's point, retard.
I see you can only repeat what other people have said. You should try to inform yourself and make you own opinion.
>>
>>154589842
>it's fucking nothing
>>
>>154590005
*I wouldn't mind paying that
>>
Can you guys think of a better way to monetize digital distribution of anime in the West?

While we're at it, how about Japan? The publisher lottery method won't last forever.
>>
>>154589842
>muh damage control
>>
>>154590145
>muh meme cartel conspiracy
>>
File: 1486359625046.png (339KB, 451x449px) Image search: [Google]
1486359625046.png
339KB, 451x449px
reminder that Daiz is not your friend

he just wants to delegitimize Crunchyroll because they have made fansubbing irrelevant and he's bitter about that
>>
>>154590142
A legalized version of popcorn time
Downloads a high quality file that is played on a dedicated player instead of a browser one
>>
Why doesn't Steam get into anime? Haven't they seen the avatars of the people that use their service?
>>
>>154590217
This is what I want.
As for the subs, the quality will always be varying, but it's much less important than video quality.
>>
>>154590168
back to cr, miles
paying customers are cancelling their subs and they need you to tell them repeatedly you guys looking into the problem
>>
>>154589842
They're pretty much lying their pants off there. The new video infrastructure has already been in place for months and the vast majority of their video content is already using it AND has been converted into lower quality. Anything new is also getting converted after 48 hours from release.

Which makes their claim that "we'll totes re-encode everything in higher quality it in the future once the system is complete" a total joke - not only is it complete and in-place, they already re-encoded everything - in worse quality.

What a fucking joke.
>>
>>154590168
Not him but it does sound a lot like damage control. If I have one gripe against western anime and manga companies in general, it's the lack of professionalism and the shitty PR.
Providing a shitty service is one thing, trying to hide the issues to your customers is another.
>>
File: 1489534426330.jpg (41KB, 1476x180px) Image search: [Google]
1489534426330.jpg
41KB, 1476x180px
>>
>>154590476
Hey Daiz check this
>>154590464
>>
>>154590476
You should be thankful they admitted it's an issue instead of advertising the new encoding as more adequate and better for the consumers. They would never say "we just wanted to cut down costs" and make a public apology.
Thread posts: 282
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.