[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Original thread archived, hopesfully orig anon see this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 26

File: 1487292914759.jpg (305KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487292914759.jpg
305KB, 1920x1080px
>>153553067
>Is this the reason why Asuka argues with others? She is actually arguing with herself?

I take "seeking to find yourself in others" as her trying to define herself based on the people around her - like how she defines herself as the best Eva pilot until Shinji destroys her raison d'etra by getting a higher synch ratio and defeating the angels without her using berserk mode. Here she is at her lowest point of self-hatred because she's proven to be "worthless" by the measure of those she constructs artificial competition with.

The scene following your screencap elaborates on this:
>Rei: “You're afraid of becoming alone, aren't you? Because you disappear along with the people around you. That's why you're afraid, aren't you?
In other words, Asuka can't define herself without others to compare herself to. In her mind, she ceases to exist if no one is around to tell her that she exists, has value. Rei is explaining Asuka's dilemma to her.
>Separation Anxiety
>Young Asuka: “That's why you pilot the Eva.”
Asuka's inner voice, the one that speaks the truth that's too painful to admit, agrees with Rei. She pilots because it's something she can compare to someone else and say, “I'm the best. This gives my life value.”
>Asuka: “Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! I don't want to hear that from a doll like you!”
>>
File: Screenshot.png (816KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
816KB, 1920x1080px
>>153557922
Continued

Asuka says she hates everyone, because they don't value her or pay attention to her. But the person she really hates is herself because she WANTS people to value her and pay attention to her, and she hates that weakness. She ENVIES a doll like Rei because dolls are valued for being compliant (her mother prefering a doll; Gendo preferring Rei). She wants to be her own person, but she also wants approval because it's the only way she knows to create self-worth. So in the end, she hates herself for envying the thing she so despises.

But then she hears her mother - the person she wants approval from the most - speak to her and approve of her within her Eva, and she gains the confidence to fight again. She becomes reborn, but with a false hope. She loses the fight against the MP Evas anyway because she's still relying on outside approval instead of approving of herself, for herself. She hasn’t learned anything, not really. She's still using that crutch, which is why she has to have an inevitable downfall. After all, learning to love yourself, for yourself, is the ultimate lesson Shinji learns and uses to bring the future he desires to fruition. In that way, he succeeds where Asuka fails because he finds a way to move past an obstacle that she couldn't.
>>
>>153557968
Doesn't Rei, Shinji and Asuka all have others they associate with which define themselves? This is one of the main themes of episode 25, I think.

Shinji pilots the Eva because they praise him, and that means they need him. Same with Asuka, they need her until she can no longer pilot. They both feel useless without Eva.
>>
Read Hegel. This will all make sense.
>>
>>153558469
That's true. The idea is that it's the human condition to need others, but with that need comes times when you'll be hurt by them (Hedgehog's Dilemma!). You can't do without others completely, but you can't let them define your whole existence either. Life is about striking a balance that allows you to avoid the most pain and live an a satisfying way.

Now the interesting thing is that Asuka and Shinji represent the two extremes. Asuka tries too hard to live without others because she's been burned in the past; Shinji is too dependent on others to be happy with his life. They both stem from the same problem, but represent different ways people deal with it.
>>
>>153558837
Its interesting because Asuka prefers to be alone, and for some reason she said Shinji hurt her, but she never discussed what he hurt her about.

Shinji is a bit easier to understand though. He makes it clear he wish his father loved him.
>>
>>153559540
>for some reason she said Shinji hurt her, but she never discussed what he hurt her about.

What exactly is that referring to?
>>
>>153559540
>Its interesting because Asuka prefers to be alone
You got that wrong. Between Shinji, Rei and her, she's the only one that give a sense of having a social life. She claims to not need anyone. But she's the most socially dependent of all the characters. She wanted everyone's praise for being a pilot and loved being the school's queen bee. She's very much like Shinji (or everyone for that matter) in that she needs people's approval, the difference is that the circle of adulation she needs is much bigger than Shinji's. He just wanted praise from his father. Asuka wanted it out of everyone, and the moment she lost that she fell apart.
>>
>>153560309
Receiving praise and validation doesn't necessarily equate the want for or need of a "social life"
>>
File: future.jpg (452KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
452KB, 1920x1080px
>>153560204
I was referring to End of Evangelion, after Kaji and Misato have sex in instrumentality. After she says pic related, she marches towards Shinji, yelling him about not understand her. Later she says Shinji hurt her, which nobody knows about.

Asuka is so cryptic.
>>
>>153560364
But she was clearly intended to have a social life. She became immediately popular, only after she fell apart you get a sense of her retreating into her shell and being on her own and just playing videogames. You'd have a point if you were talking about Shikiname because you see her being indifferent to her classmates and like post trauma Sohryu just spends her time playing videogames the way Shinji and Rei rather just play music or read books. But Sohryu relishes socializing.
>>
>>153560518
>But Sohryu relishes socializing.
Isn't this extrapolating a bit? After all, she did ditch the guy at the amusement park and actively shunned the letters she received.
>>
>>153560518
On episode 9, you can see her female classmates glare at her and she steps on all the love letters. Shortly afterwards, she decides to make Shinji's life a living hell.

She could have been elsewhere, like with class rep.
>>
>>153560440
She talks about him not helping her a lot; not helping her with the MP Evas, not giving her approval by returning her tsundere affection. Is that's it?

Shinji: "You never talk to me, but you expect me to understand you!"
>>
>>153560606
>Isn't this extrapolating a bit?
Not anymore than concluding that she likes prefers being alone.
She shunned her date and those letters because she dislikes being approached romantically because she's got it in her head she's in love with Kaji, but that doesn't mean she's not sociable in any other context.
Look at how she acts when meeting Misato for the first time after a few years, or when hanging out with Kaji, or when first approaching Rei, the rivalry she has with the 3 stooges, the friendship she strikes with Hikari, the way she acts when talking with her step-mom. She behaves like a regular, sociable teenage girl in most situations. You can say it's an act and she switches it on and off as needed but that's part of the point, she feels like doing that so people like her, because she needs people.
Compare that with Shinji and Rei who are mostly themselves whether they're in company or alone.
That's the whole point of why Asuka exists, to contrast how an extrovert would deal with the same issues introverts like shinji & rei would.
>>
>>153561088
This pretty much. Asuka wants approval from her peers, which is hard to do if you don't interact with people very often. She goes after superficial relationships,
And it's like you said, Shinji is the introvert to Asuka's extrovert.
>>
>>153561342
I'm even surprised anyone would even argue otherwise. 'Asuka's a loner' is an argument I haven't seen. Discussions get further and further away from what her character is actually like.
>>
File: trashy.jpg (85KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
trashy.jpg
85KB, 720x540px
>>153560619
Because that's what girls do.
They act nice and friendly to each other face to face but they quickly talk shit and despise the ones more pretty and popular than them.

Asuka's character and problems are actually extremely common and average for a typical teenage girl. They're just more dramatized because this is an Anime.
>>
>>153561622
do you have the picture of them in the locker room all acting happy in front of her for contrast? I wanted to post it but I don't have my Eva stuff right now.
>>
>>153560769
Asuka using reverse physiology, being abusive and aggressive is the only form of affection she can show. Unless its with Hikari, she can confide and tell her opinions.

I don't know if Asuka can ever find a man, unless she changes.

>>153561458
>>153561342
Asuka clearly says several times she going to be be all by herself.
>>
>>153561752
>Asuka clearly says several times she going to be be all by herself.
And what she means is that she doesn't want to depend on anyone. It's why she insists on wanting to be treated as an adult. But it's a lie she tells herself, the truth is she needs people a lot.
>>
>>153561622
I'd expect it to be worse actually, whites like Asuka would be treated badly in Japan. She'd be called "gaijin piggu"
>>
>>153561821
Not true, gaijin females who aren't fat and ugly are treated decently well in Japan.
As long as they are polite and follow the culture rules, which Asuka seems to do when she's in public and puts on her facade.
>>
>>153561871
She's cute but she's the least respectful person and always criticizes Japanese culture. Wouldn't her class mates call her a filthy gaijin?

It would so bad that it would make Asuka cry and she'd have no one except NERV employees.
>>
File: b1.jpg (26KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
b1.jpg
26KB, 480x272px
>>153561977
No, because she doesn't do it in public.
She acts all nice and polite at school, remember? It's part of her facade, that's why she gets the letters and Hikari's friend asking her out.

If they saw her true self (Like Kensuke and Touji point out) they'd quickly hate her.
>>
>>153561088
>Shinji
>introverted
By your own metrics Shinji is an extrovert.

>>153562060
Are you just some butthurt Reifag? Filenames kun is that you?
>>
>>153562131
No, Shinji is most definitely introverted.
Other people need to approach him first before he gets comfortable with them. Kensuke, Touji, and Misato all reached out to him not the other way around.

Asuka is a clear extrovert. More than most characters in the show, how you could deny this is beyond me.
>>
>>153562131
>Are you just some butthurt Reifag?
It is a fact she doesn't critizies the japanese in front of people.
It is a fact Kensuke and Touji pointed out that if they knew how she really is they'd hate her
>By your own metrics Shinji is an extrovert.
What metrics? the way shinji engages with people are obviously the behaviours of an introvert.
>>
>>153562060
THere is times the red devil slips though, she embarrassed herself in front of the class and yelled at Shinji for not making her lunch.
>>
File: 1470469148019.jpg (36KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
1470469148019.jpg
36KB, 225x350px
>>153562204
>>153562215
>introversion having to do with approachability or engaging with people
Want to know how I know you're both failed normalfags with a skewed understanding of introversion?
>>
>>153562215
That's a rather obtuse way of admitting your allegiance. I really shoud get around to a gurobomb one of these days.
>>
>>153562204
Add on to this, the way Shinji goes about processing shit that happens to him is by riding the subway late at night when it's empty while listening to music, cut off from the world. Doesn't get more introverted than that.
>>
>>153562224
True, but that happens later on right before she's taken out of school due to the angel attack.

>>153562261
Ah, nevermind, you're just a shitposter not here for real discussion.
>>
>>153562261
>avatarfagging as Char
Want to know how I know you're an insecure loser with no friends or family who love you?
>>
>>153562317
>real discussion
Sorry I'm not enough of a newfag to use hackneyed definitions of words to perform a character analysis that has probably existed before you even born.
>>
>>153562261
Being introverted is not the same as being totally autistic.
>>153562281
You're the one bringing up waifu shit here, before that we were discussing Asuka in a very polite manner. Hell, our argument is that Asuka is social person that knows how to keep opinions that might be offensive to herself when she's in public, and you somehow find offense in that and talking about guro spamming.
>>
>>153562390
Just ignore him, he's a known Asukafag shitposter who doesn't even really like Eva
>>
>>153562368
>1 reaction image is now avatarfagging
Want to know how I know you're a butthurt newfag? Lurk for (2) years before posting.
>>
>>153562215
>>153562204
>>153562261
Introverts are like batteries that need to be recharged after so much use (in social situations).

Extroverts draw energy from social environments like solar panels and basically rely on that to stay afloat more than introverts do.

Shinji obviously acts like he needs people on one hand but shies away on the other. It's difficult to say he's plainly an introvert because his shyness and histrionic tendencies might be what causes him to do things like run away from NERV for days at a time, not his introversion or lack thereof.
>>
File: 1450392600032.jpg (57KB, 492x675px) Image search: [Google]
1450392600032.jpg
57KB, 492x675px
>>153562390
>>153562418
>23:53:58
>23:45:59
Are you fucking kidding me? This obvious of a samefag? Well, you know what they say, nothing wrong with ReiQ.
>>
>>153562426
You've been using faggot Char images in Eva threads the past several years, fireposter.
>>
>>153562390
>we're discussing Asuka in a polite manner
>posts an image of Ellen Memeteacher with the lance image
Nah, fuck you you samefagging piece of Reifag shit.

>Abloobloo you didn't join my Asuka negativity circlejerk

>>153562472
Eat shit Reiautist. I guess every Char image in an eva thread must be fireposter eh? What a fuckin' boogeyman.
>>
>>153562445
Except he flat out says that he finds social gatherings draining, he's an introvert, but a functional one.
>>
File: noisy.png (1004KB, 700x1076px) Image search: [Google]
noisy.png
1004KB, 700x1076px
>>153562445
>Introverts are like batteries that need to be recharged after so much use (in social situations).
That's Shinji to a T.

Even being around two friends like Touji and Kensuke he's supposedly extremely comfortable drowns him out after a while.
>>
>>153562532
>Shinji is an introvert exactly like me, I'm so special
Last I checked introverts weren't dependent on praise, fuckface. Point being anon is right here >>153562445

He's not a cut and dry introvert. Stop calling other characters and yourselves introverts because it makes you feel trendy and like a brooding intellectual. Shit's nauseating.
>>
>>153562590
>cuck
Back to /pol/, Reitard. Don't you have other sites to ruin with your normalfaggotry?
>>
>an Asukafag exposes thinly veiled Asuka hate circlejerk
>Reifags go bananas
Evry tim.
>>
File: 1472156088507.jpg (37KB, 309x368px) Image search: [Google]
1472156088507.jpg
37KB, 309x368px
>>153562572
>Last I checked introverts weren't dependent on praise, fuckface
An introvert can certainly be dependent on praise, both traits describe Shinji perfectly.

Whereas Asuka is dependent on praise and very extroverted.

Your hostility isn't welcome here, why are you so intent on giving Asukafags a bad name?
>>
Asuka is an extrovert who feels who has no need for others. She wants people to pay attention to her and for her not to have to care about them, in essence. She wants to be “needed” but not in the way that Misato does (in an actual need) but in a manner that causes people to pay attention to her without her having to “need” them back. (But in reality she does need people)
>>
>>153562648
You mean, an Asscuck crashes yet another thread with his autism and blames it everyone?

What part of 'Asuka was actually sociable and and extrovert as contrast to Shinji and Rei' counts as thinly veiled Asuka hate-circlejerk?
>>
File: wizardly pasta.png (436KB, 1102x378px) Image search: [Google]
wizardly pasta.png
436KB, 1102x378px
>>153562694
Listen here you newfag piece of shit.

>an introvert can be dependant on praise
Is strictly wrong given the fact that praise would fall under the umbrella of social situations. Fucking curl yourself into an oven and burn to a crisp you trendy normalfag piece of shit. And cut the reddit spacing, fagballs.
>>
And why the hell did my post get deleted?
>>
>>153562728
Ah yes of course, using "Asscuck" freely and posting images like >>153562060 is certianly the hallmark of friendliness to Asuka and Asukafags. Just do yourself and others a favor and dox yourself so I can put you out of your misery, kid.

>>153562779
You know why.
>>
>>153562799
I started with that after you crashed this thread, and it's only directed at you, none of the other people that were taking part of the conversation.
>>
File: MPEva.jpg (17KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
MPEva.jpg
17KB, 500x285px
>>153562724
Exactly this.

>>153562743
You're not even capable of entering the discussion without throwing hostile buzzwords. Grow up.
>>
>>153562694
You're not trying to hide the fact you're an unrepentant Reifag at all, are you? I would expect at least Reifags to know what constitues introversion, but it seems this isn't the case.
>>
>>153562799
It's just a funny image, calm down
>>
>>153562743
Jesus Christ you're dumb. Shinji does not like socializing, he asks himself why everyone's so loud, it drains him to engage in social activities. That's the sign of an introvert, not just being quiet and shy
>>
>>153562830
At least he "can" enter the discussion, as opposed to you commenting "exactly this" the equivalent of an upvote. Why the fuck would you even use 4chan when you're clearly more suited to reddit? You probably post "fpbp" on threads too, huh?
>>
>>153562902
>Jesus Cjrist you're dumb
The defacto argumentative rhetoric of a fucking underaged. Tell me why I should even entertain your wrongful understanding of introversion when you've made it abundantly clear you're under 18?
>>
>>153562909
>fpbp
only because it's often true.
>>
>>153562947
>actually defending this garbage waste of a post that smacks of fagbook and plebbit
Fuck off back there, please.
>>
File: 1487212112331.jpg (130KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1487212112331.jpg
130KB, 1280x1440px
>it's a waifufags derail eva discussion again episode
>>
>>153562975
only if you say please three times.
>>
File: 1438373921177.png (171KB, 346x297px) Image search: [Google]
1438373921177.png
171KB, 346x297px
>>153562980
>it's another Lulucofag reaction image making a worthless greentext
Stop making Triggerfags look worse, please.
>>
>>153562980
Blame it only on the Asscuck, no one is actually dissing Asuka or talking about Rei.
>>
File: 1467178598723.png (63KB, 201x211px) Image search: [Google]
1467178598723.png
63KB, 201x211px
>>153563014
Literally nothing wrong with Luluco
>>
>>153563027
Can you please stop samefagging or at least fuck off back to /po/l?

>>153563057
Never said there was, but I've been noticing those who use Luluco as a reaction image tend to make really low quality, worthless posts. So please stop that. And stop actually avatarfagging. Thank you.
>>
>>153563057
she shoots stuff from her crotch, that seems a bit wrong.
>>
>>153563086
I don't know origami
>>
File: 008.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
008.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>153563091
That's what girls do when they're in love, silly anon.
>>
>>153563027
How do you know it was an Asukafag? It was anons debating if she was a neet or not.

Considering she gets along poorly with Shinji, kinda proves she's isn't the most sociable person.
>>
>>153563127
I thought that was guys.
>>
>>153563118
Underrated post.

>>153563136
Stop samefagging fireposter, no one is buying it.
>>
>>153563127
Does blonde Kaworu die?
>>
>>153563169
Wrong anon, I'm the person the OP is referring to.
>>
File: alpha omega kaworu.png (2MB, 1848x932px) Image search: [Google]
alpha omega kaworu.png
2MB, 1848x932px
>>153563127
Nova-kun a cute. A CUTE!

>>153563179
;_;
>>
>>153563169
Why tell others to stop samefagging when you just samefagged in the same exact post? Believe it or not, that anon is different and I was about to give him shit for not understanding what a NEET is.
>>
>>153563203
>obnoxious Lulucofag is actually a Kaworufag
At last, I truly see.
>>
>>153563136
>How do you know it was an Asukafag? It was anons debating if she was a neet or not.
Because it's obvious the guy thinks we somehow sullied his waifu's honor and is now going insane yelling 'reddit, facebook, pol, everything'.
Discussing whether Asuka is an neet or not (she's not) had nothing to do with waifu shit. but he just went off insane.
>>
File: maximum NTR.jpg (589KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
maximum NTR.jpg
589KB, 1280x1707px
>>153563179
Kaworu gets raped by Panty
>>
>>153563231
>insane
He doesn't seem too far off the mark considering you're having difficulty even capitalizing your sentences.
>>
>>153563231
This discussion sounds kind of similar to that one a week ago, when everyone was debating if Asuka was 3DPD or not.

Now I'm unsure, is she an introvert or normalfag 3dpd. The anime gives mix signals on this, considering she's kinda bipolar.
>>
>>153563231
Yep, he's been doing this for years now.
A shame because I like Asuka, but he's making it hard to discuss about her.
>>
>>153563231
>we somehow
>we
You're not exactly using the word "we" wrong, but when it's obviously a dialogue between you and another invested Reifag, that's a bit facetious, don't you think?
>>
File: reifag.gif (154KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
reifag.gif
154KB, 704x480px
>>153563283
Ah, well said fellow "Asukafag". Haha, what a shame indeed when we have such true followers of the faith such as yourself around.
>>
>>153563314
You're just as obnoxious as that textwall Reifag.
>>
>>153563341
Whatever do you mean, my "Asukafag" ally?
>>
>>153563314
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>153563282
Asuka when depressed reaches out to people, Hikari for example
Shinji when depressed isolates himself or goes on long walks alone
She's an extrovert, he's an introvert
>>
>>153563358
>shitposting
I don't recall posting an image of Rei.
>>
>>153563255
>Because
>Discussing
Yep, they're capitalized.
>>153563290
>when it's obviously a dialogue between you and another invested Reifag, that's a bit facetious, don't you think?
Again, no one was dissing Asuka or talking about Rei. So it's presumptuous to characterize the start of the thread as Reifags talking with one another. But for the sake of honesty, yes I like Rei better, but All eva characters are fucking interesting, which was why I was in this thread. I just found it baffling why anyone would characterize Asuka as an Neet, introvert or a loner.
>>
>>153562943
Because I'm 19
>>
>>153563366
She's not dating or going out to parties. She has one friend she relies on.

Most adults would still consider her closed off, still.
>>
>>153563383
Just stop responding to him
>>
>>153563383
Can you stop using the word NEET wrongly? I know all the newfags want to emulate oldfags and such but it's actually really grating and not endearing at all.

>>153563423
I almost substituted underaged for teenager so it looks like I was right on the mark, at any rate.
>>
>>153563432
>She's not dating or going out to parties.
She's in fucking middle school.
>>
>>153563432
Wasn't she the most popular girl at school? Also she went out for a date in Episode 9
>>
>>153563432
>She's not dating or going out to parties. She has one friend she relies on.
But he actually dated even if she dumped him, and she actually went to parties >>153562532, and she was looking forward to her school trip. She's got 1 good friend but also has an entourage.
>>
>>153563438
>Can you stop using the word NEET wrongly?
Blame it on >>153563136, I was quoting him.
>>
>>153563467
I mean 15, got confused
>>
>>153563458
She graduated College, though.

>>153563467
She ditched him quickly and went back to Misato's apartment, she was only doing it as a favor.

>>153563487
That party was at Misato's apartment, not exactly going clubbing looking to pick up guys that normal girls do.
>>
File: THE EMPRESS.jpg (164KB, 700x1418px) Image search: [Google]
THE EMPRESS.jpg
164KB, 700x1418px
>>153563487
Exactly.

She has one true friend who she can show her true self to, but is most definitely extroverted by nature.

What makes her depressed is when others don't validate her, which is a sure sign of extroversion.

Whereas Shinji wants validation, but he doesn't go out of his way to get it. Others always come to him first, but Asuka always goes to others first.

Rejection is what Asuka fears the most, Rejection is what Shinji is used to.
>>
>>153562980
If people would stop responding to it, things could be nice still.
>>
>>153563550
>could be nice still
Were it that I was a summerfag who believed elementary, not to mention "already having existed more than two decades ago" character analysis was "nice."
>>
File: Tohsaka Rin 15.jpg (41KB, 633x833px) Image search: [Google]
Tohsaka Rin 15.jpg
41KB, 633x833px
Reminder that Asuka is like Tohsaka Rin and likes old men.
>>
>>153563606
Kaji really isn't old. Just age inappropriate.
>>
>>153563606
Hey buddy, facebook is a couple blocks down. I know FATE is extremely popular with the normalfags and all and unfortunately Eva but can you keep your shitposting down to a miniumum? At least you're pretending not to be an Asukafag at this juncture. Not that it matters much when you have chucklefucks like >>153563547 reddit-spacing out the wazoo, but still. Gotta take what you can get.
>>
>>153563643
Eva is as normalfag of an Anime as you can get.
>>
>>153563684
That doesn't mean normalfags should feel compelled to come here to discuss it. At any rate, you act is if the big three don't exist. Or DBZ for that matter.
>>
>>153563640
Kaji is close to the years of getting gray hair, and 30 is old in anime years.

In any event, Asuka prefers OLDER men.
>>
>>153563718
Asuka is 30 in Rebuild
>>
>>153563707
Eva is more popular and more "normalfag" than the big three, besides One Piece, in Japan, the one place that actually matters.

And what do you consider to be normalfag? 4chan started off as being fairly normalfag until autists started taking the waifu degenerate thing seriously.
>>
>>153563747
I was talking about Sohryu, but Asuka is 28 in 3.33.
>>
>>153563541
>She's in college
I.Q =/= emotional maturity
>She was doing it as a favour
More like she was expecting a nice date but got fed up, she still wanted to socialize
>The party was at Misato's apartment
She was still enjoying herself, and she invited Hikari and Rei (who didn't come) so she wants to hang out
>>
>>153563747
Yeah but all her grey hair is relegated to bellow the waist because curse of eva. She's like Dorian Grey, all youthful in public, but something hideous is hidden in the basement.
>>
>>153563718
More like manly men, which is why she constantly picks on Shinji
>>
>>153563773
>4chan started off as being fairly normalfag
Right, because something crawling out of the channel known as ADTRW is clearly normal.
Lurk for 2 years before posting again.
>>
>>153562060
>If they saw her true self (Like Kensuke and Touji point out) they'd quickly hate her.
That's actually a facade too, it's shown during angel mind rape scene.

Social butterfly Asuka:“I'm Asuka Langley Sohryu. Nice to meet you.”

Bitchy Asuka:“What are you, stupid?!”

Devious Asuka:“This is my chance.”

Real Asuka, who watches all this flashbacks:“No! This isn't me!”
>>
>111 posts
>8 posters

Is this what they call autism?
>>
>>153563939
It's called discussion
>>
File: eva3.0cards.jpg (141KB, 600x893px) Image search: [Google]
eva3.0cards.jpg
141KB, 600x893px
>>153563916
That's true, I should have clarified what they think is her true self.

The only time we see Asuka's actual true self is when she's with Hikari or in her mind scenes.
Sometimes with Kaji, too.

>>153563939
No, it's what they call a typical Eva thread
>>
>>153563797
>I.Q =/= emotional maturity

Have you ever went to college? I have, and the atmosphere is much different than junior high and elementary.

>More like she was expecting a nice date but got fed up, she still wanted to socialize

She was surprised, actually. She sounded displeased but reluctantly did it for a friend.

>She was still enjoying herself, and she invited Hikari and Rei (who didn't come) so she wants to hang out

She was actually arguing with Toji.
>>
>>153563971
Hikari/Asuka friendship is underrated
>>
File: false happiness.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
false happiness.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
>>153563971
Her true self is how she acts around Misato and Shinji. She acts yandere around Kaji and normal around Hikari, which proves she doesn't talk about her problems to her.

The real Asuka is episode 25.
>>
>>153564013
More like under discussed.

There's enough hints in the series that Hikari didn't actually care too much about Asuka, either.
>>
>>153564065
If Hikari cared about her, she wouldn't have let her kill herself.
>>
>>153564063
>which proves she doesn't talk about her problems to her.
The hell? She talks about her problems to her in their sleepover scene, it's one of the very rare times she is completely honest with herself to someone else.

It's the true her when she's crying by Hikari's side.
>>
>>153564010
She could have gotten her degree through private tuition or something. It's highly unlikely she was hanging out with college goers at the age of 13. Did she even have friends in Germany?
Ok I concede to that.
It was in a playful manner, everyone was having fun except for Shinji.
>>
>>153564010
But all of this proves she is an extrovert and is comfortable/used to social situations, whereas Shinji is not.

>>153564090
Exactly, Hikari didn't care too much.

As class president, it's her duty to reach out to all the students, though I think she did like Asuka a bit she wasn't extremely fond/close to her.

She just let Asuka cry beside her without trying to comfort her.
>>
>>153564065
I think Hikari was uncomfortable when faced with Asuka's problems and couldn't truly give Asuka what she needed.
And Asuka liked Hikari but didn't respect her.
>>
>>153564174
Sure, you could argue she didn't really know what to do. But Hikari was intentionally distancing herself, just letting her cry without showing a response or effort to hug her.

>And Asuka liked Hikari but didn't respect her.
But Asuka let Hikari see her true self, she wouldn't do that with just anyone.
>>
File: 54736311_p4.jpg (2MB, 2342x3533px) Image search: [Google]
54736311_p4.jpg
2MB, 2342x3533px
>>153563684
Yeah

>>>/wsg/1548424
>>
File: You Don't Tell Me Anything.jpg (339KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
You Don't Tell Me Anything.jpg
339KB, 1920x1080px
>>153564099
Asuka doesn't talk at all about her problems with Shinji and Misato. Notice how Hikari doesn't try to prod her before the suicide scene.

Her whole character at school is just a facade, the real Asuka is the one during Instrumentality.
>>
>>153564313
>Asuka doesn't talk at all about her problems with Shinji and Misato
I never said she did?

>Notice how Hikari doesn't try to prod her
She doesn't have to prod her.
Asuka talking about her worries of her own will and then crying is her real self. There's no facade there, she's being genuinely honest and truthful there, the tears prove it.

There are plenty of times we see Asuka showing her true self, and plenty of times we see the facade. It's obvious which is which and the scene during the mind rape clarifies it.
>>
>>153564129
The way I've always rationalized it is that getting a college degree in the post 2nd impact world it was something that could be fast tracked since the world would have needed people that could be an economic asset as quickly as possible. Kind of how in the middle ages when universities first came into existence they could attend as soon as they became teens.
>>
>>153557922
M I S A T O
B E S T
G I R L
>>
>>153564256
She kind of treated her as a lackey
>>
>>153564457
I never got the feeling that Asuka was particularly bright. I mean, not anymore than Rei or Shinji. She made up a strategy once but that was it.
>>
>>153564739
it would also make her dating a college student less weird if it was more common for other teenagers to attend college early on.
>>
>>153564739
>>153564764
>>153564457
Is this Reifag fanwank hour? May I join in?
>>
>>153564457
I really doubt creators gave much thought about how she actually finished college, it's just there to show what a prodigy she is to emphasize her impending downfall.
>>
>>153564798
Sure, you uncovered the scheme, now you can leave.
>>
>>153564896
Don't be a sore faggot just because I saw through your bullshit.
>>
>>153564811
>I really doubt creators gave much thought about how she actually finished college, it's just there to show what a prodigy she is to emphasize her impending downfall.
I know, that's why I said it's the way I rationalize it. I know it's one of those things that was just meant to tell the audience that she's smart, but without giving too much thought to how it actually worked out.
>>
>>153564918
Tell, not show, I guess
>>
>>153564970
Yeah, I love eva, but nothing is perfect. This is certainly a case of 'tell not show' as you say.
>>
>>153564997
Does this really bother Reifags that much?
>>
>>153565030
You sure bring up Rei a lot. Do you have a crush on her or something? Is that what it is? You're like a kindergartener pulling the hair of the girl you like?
>>
>>153564997
The best parts of Eva were when they didn't tell and let the audience figure things out for themselves based on subtle context clues/imagery

The worst parts were infobabble and infodumping about characters like the last two episodes
>>
>>153565065
It's more like that Reifags are the only ones who really go out of the way to get butthurt about Asuka's degree. I've observed their behavior long enough to know this.
>>
>>153565118
>watching a show just to feel like you're smart
I seriously hope that's not what you're implying.
>>
>>153565141
Uh, no, I just like when things aren't spelled out for me.

I'd rather watch a show that makes me think rather than one that doesn't make me think at all.
>>
>>153565141
But isn't it fun to theorize and draw your own conclusions? Instead of everything being laid out for you to see?
>>
>>153565127
Asuka is smart but Rei is also smart, she reads books in English and German
>>
>>153565163
That's fine but if you can't appreciate a good popcorn OVA you're nothing short of a pseudo-intellectual faggot.

>>153565177
I'm not saying it isn't but sometimes the people who claim this are the "mature shows for mature viewers such as myself" A true patrician can enjoy something that doesn't purport or push some higher narrative.
>>
>>153565118
It is what it is because of the last two episodes. They needed to wrap it up somehow. If they wanted to tell the same thing using context and clues it would have taken five more episodes.
And the college line is stupid, assuming she didn't just make it up on the spot to impress him. It's mentioned once and is only relevant in one scene.
>>
>>153565206
I enjoy them all the time, but I can't get what them what I get from Eva.

>>153565236
They could have wrapped it up in a way that wasn't just the characters telling the audience a bunch of shit we could already figure out ourselves for 30 minutes.
>>
>>153565236
For Asuka to have graduated college at age 13 she'd have to have an IQ of 160-200. And that's clearly not what is shown in the series.
>>
>>153565236
She actually brings it up again when arguing with misato about her scores I think and Misato doesn't contradict her so she was definitely saying the truth. It might have been explored little but we're definitely supposed to believe Asuka is pretty smart.
>>
>>153565284
Not really. A lot of college kids are dumb as fuck.
>>
>>153565305
As I've reiterated, it's only a biased crowd that has a problem with the college degree. It's always Reifags that call it into question. With the pattern this thread has taken, it shouldn't come as a surprise that you have more of this passive aggressive bullshit.
>>
>>153565236
>assuming she didn't just make it up on the spot to impress him.
Highly unlikely, in manga Misato tells about her college degree too and she did easily solve that physic problem.
>>
>>153565322
Yeah but they're at that age level where they can (supposedly) handle it. Asuka is not at their age level, but she's a genius who probably skipped several grades to be able to graduate that early. But at that level of genius, she'd have no problem learning the Japanese script. They didn't think it through.
>>
>>153565343
Don't quote me, I don't care what you think. you're always going on and on about the same shit 'but Rei' , 'but Reifags'. No one is insulting you're waifu Asscuck. I'm only insulting you.
>>
>>153565384
They probably put her through some special schooling program due to her being chosen as an Eva pilot since she was young.

Might not have been a normal university either.
>>
>>153565261
I think it was just Anno trying to put the hammer down and preach to the audience. He was convinced he could change and influence a generation of young people before he became the dollman merch Jew.
>>
>>153565414
Looks like I hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>153565448
You sure did, I'd give you a star sticker or something but I'm out of them.
>>
File: 1408205730788.jpg (29KB, 283x277px) Image search: [Google]
1408205730788.jpg
29KB, 283x277px
>>153565417
Can you stop fanwanking bullshit because you don't like the fact Asuka has a degree at her age? Going from this post >>153564457 you've spent over an hour solely agonizing over the degree.
>>
>>153565384
>she'd have no problem learning the Japanese script
No it actually quite possible, she had troubles learning kanji, even japanese students often have problems with them.
>>
>>153565478
Look pal I'm just getting tired of seeing you spout your bullshit under the guise of discussion. You've tried to force this before and it went nowhere. Give it up.
>>
>>153565506
>You've tried to force this before and it went nowhere. Give it up.
You gotta stop thinking everyone who does something you don't like is a single person. This is the first time I've thought about Asuka's degree that much.
>>
>>153565550
If that were true you wouldn't be so defensive now would you?
>>
>>153565594
Oh, you got me, you're not the only one autistically hanging in these threads so much that you can tell what kind of patterns form on each topic. I'm here and on every thread exclusively to make your life miserable by insulting your waifu. But you're too smart and you manage to unmask me every single time. You're too powerful to be fooled by the likes of me. Consider your waifu's honor saved, you're victorious, now fuck off.
>>
>>153565501
I guess she is like Ritsuko, who has a brilliant mind but who's people skills are horrible. And that she's so bullheaded and rash she does things without thinking like when she fights angels
>>
>>153565692
You do know you're just proving me right with your hostility, right?
>>
>>153565802
I know, I just can't beat you. You're too clever.
>>
>>153565896
Get your posts to drip with sarcasm a bit more and you'd be a deadringer for ARK.
>>
>>153565917
I can't, this is the extent of my abilities, I can't compete with you.
>>
>>153565486
Not that guy but he's right. It was never said what degree Asuka has.
>>
File: nothing going on here.png (127KB, 282x400px) Image search: [Google]
nothing going on here.png
127KB, 282x400px
>>153566021
>not that guy
Of course, I know you're just another good natured "Asukafag"much like myself. Much obliged, friend.
>>
>>153566063
I'm not an Asukafag, but I'm a +1 just now. What he's saying is true, and you're fanwanking harder by pretending Asuka is a genius when she acts like an idiot.
>>
>>153566126
>I'm not an Asukafag
No. No way, I don't believe that. Not one bit. You're telling *me* that you're not an Asukafag? Nah.
>>
>>153566183
You're why everyone hates Asukafags.
>>
>>153566063
It's from a new IP and you're still accusing him of samefagging? God, you're pathetic.
>>
>>153566213
>>153566263
How defensive of you.
>>
>>153566263
>samefagging
That's not what anon was implying at all. He's implying the other dude was a Reifag pretending to be an Asukafag.
>>
>>153566319
Are you / that guy insane? Where the fuck would you even get that impression from? What the hell is wrong with Asukafags?!
>>
>>153566319
then he shouldn't have put 'not that guy' in greentext. Don't pretend that wasn't implying it was samefagging.
>>
>>153566346
>>153566362
I was under the impression the Grouch Marx was a dead giveaway as to the intent. Is the reference that dated?
>>
>>153566346
>?!
Stop browsing immediately.
>>
>>153566346
>it's that crazy Reifag again
Get the fuck out, bitch
>>
>>153566403
Grouch Marx + implicating not that guy = accusation of samefagging + covert reifagging. But looks like Asukafags are about to rev up their shitposting engines again: >>153566485
>>153566426
>>
>>153566519
I think you're just paranoid.
>>
>>153566537
I think you need professional help.
>>
>>153566126
>pretending Asuka is a genius when she acts like an idiot.
There is no contradiction, you actually can finish college at young age and still, in some cases, act like an idiot, and her judgments are mostly adequate.
>>
>>153566586
Asuka's judgements are all bad in the series though. Her peak proficiency was when she solved Shinji's homework, which is homework she was supposed to be able to solve anyway since it was for her age/grade. Then the subject matter was not something above (rather below) than that of a 14 year old.
>>
>>153566687
>Asuka's judgements are all bad in the series though.
No there are not, she performed more than okay during the first half of the series, especially in 8 episode then Shinji started whine and waver with "We need to contact Misato-saaaan", and she shoved him in Fucking Robot seconds before their ship sank. Misato even complimented her with “Nice! Asuka!!”
>>
>>153566586
Do you empathise with the character, anon? I hate to be the person pointing out the Emperor's new clothes, but most of her judgements are horrible. When it comes to making things difficult for herself and others, she's just as bad as Shinji. She can make conflict out of thin air, and when faced with real conflict where she has to barter and compromise, all she does instead is make her own life insufferable.
>>
>>153566866
Not really a judgement call per se, but eagerness to serve. We know this was not a judgement call, because Asuka always does this anyway. Always. So there is no judgement involved, only a pre-programmed response: to pilot EVA. Worked out for them at that time, not so much in others.
>>
>>153566900
>but most of her judgements are horrible
Oh, you mean an a personal level? Of course they are horrible, but it's completely different story. Being a prodigy and being good at relationships are two completely different things.
>>
>>153567073
You made me think about someone I wanted to forget. She wasn't good at relationships either.
>>
>>153566989
It was judjement, you can be eager to serve in different ways. Shinji too was eager to do something but he needed a direct instructions on what to do, whereas Asuka took initiative and saved them both.
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.