[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rekt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 13

File: rekt.png (317KB, 580x396px)
rekt.png
317KB, 580x396px
Miyazaki >>>>>> Hackoto Shinkai
>In speaking with Japanese media outlet News Post Seven, Ishida, who’s won the prestigious Naoki Award for literature and had two of his novels (Ikebukuro West Gate Park and Akihabara@DEEP) adapted into manga, said:

>“I think Makoto Shinkai, the director of Your Name, is good at grasping the emotions of young people. I figure he probably didn’t have any enjoyable romances in his high school days.”

>Ishida went on to say that he thinks that Shinkai channels his imagined ideal of young romance into the anime he creates, and voiced his opinion that “Having a character who’s never had a steady girlfriend or had sex, but who’s still cool, is a fundamental part of a girls’ manga-like world.” And while some have been calling Shinkai “the next Hayao Miyazaki,” Ishida pointed to what he feels is a stark difference between the two anime creators.

>“With Miyazaki and his themes of man versus nature, he packs his work with his own experiences. But with Shinkai, I don’t think he’s really experienced [the things being portrayed in his films].”

>http://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/01/06/award-winning-novelist-theorizes-director-of-your-name-didnt-have-a-girlfriend-in-high-school/
>>
>>151936822
Ishida is a hack
>>
Why is Miyazaki samefagging on /a/ so much lately?
Why is he so bothered by what we like? Is he scared he might be remembered only as the grumpy old man that he is?
>>
>>151936822
You are going all out today with all these Kimi no Na Wa threads
I can tell they're all made by you because the OPs are structured similarly with some article linked and a quote from it
Fucking cancer
>>
tl;dr
>Ishida: lmao virgin
>>
I like how everyone in the industry is talking shit about him, the jealousy is palpable.
>>
>>151936972
>there's another thread with Tomino talking shit about the movie
All we need is Hosoda to add his two cents
>>
>>151937058
>""""""""
Stop that.
>>
>>151936822
Literally who?
>>
Miyazaki you suck dick
>>
>>151937045
>Hosoda

Still rectal wrecked after his latest bara furry movie flopped
>>
>>151937118
Whatever possessed him to make another furry movie right after Wolf Kids? He needs to return to sci-fi
>>
>Having a character who’s never had a steady girlfriend or had sex, but who’s still cool, is a fundamental part of a girls’ manga-like world.
Do Jap girls like mysterious virgins?
>>
>>151936822
>Shinkai responded by saying “I wonder why someone I’ve never even met feels compelled to speak on what experiences I do or don’t have, or the nature of my life, and as though he knows everything about me?"
BTFO. Ishida was just projecting.
>>
>>151937307
What? Most of the shoujo manga I've read have the bad boy who's clearly a non-virgin winning the MC.
>>
>>151936822
>With Miyazaki and his themes of man versus nature, he packs his work with his own experiences. But with Shinkai, I don’t think he’s really experienced [the things being portrayed in his films]

FUCKING THIS
>>151937102
>>151937115
>>151936972
>>151936947
>>151936859
>>151936864
>>151937342
M.A.D
S.A.L.T
B.T.F.O
keit-ai teenagers get the fuck out of my board come back when you have some real experience
>>
Am I supposed to know who this Ishida guy is?

>>151937375
(You)
>>
r/a/nime on suicide watch!
>>
>>151937398
>Am I supposed to know who this Ishida guy is?
as expected of an ignorant teenager
>(You)
go back to /v/ you embarrassing fuck
>>
>>151937398
No. Even Shinkai went literally who when he was asked to respond.
>>
>>151936864
Really?
I thought /a/ was more on shinkai samefagging ever since the movie release.
>>
>>151936822
If this movie didn't get popular I bet these hacks won't even comment on it.
>>
>>151937544
hacks commenting on the work of a hack? seems fitting hehehe
>>
>>151937601
>hehehe
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
File: 1474830793525.png (702KB, 4488x3377px) Image search: [Google]
1474830793525.png
702KB, 4488x3377px
>your movie is so good the only argument they could come up with is calling you a virgin
Reply to my post with smug shinkais please
>>
>>151937375
>hey guise am I fit in yet!?
>>
>>151936822
Is this why Shinkai can't into characterisation?
>>
File: 1479834344079.png (322KB, 591x716px) Image search: [Google]
1479834344079.png
322KB, 591x716px
Don't bully Shinkai, he's /ourguy/
>>
>>151937118
>flopped
Stop this meme.
>>
File: feelsgoodman.png (121KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgoodman.png
121KB, 680x497px
>>
>>151936822
>Literally saying "haha you're a virgin"
How come everyone is so buttblasted about this movie? I haven't watched it, because every shinkai movie while visually stunning is kind of samey regarding themes
>>
>>151937375
Have a (You) senpai.
>>
>>151936822
>Having a character who’s never had a steady girlfriend or had sex, but who’s still cool, is a fundamental part of a girls’ manga-like world.
How are any of Shinkai's male protagonists cool? They're mostly very mellowed down and more often than not depressed with their own existential problems. How's that cool in any way? Shinkai movies are 2deep4 this guy or something?
>But with Shinkai, I don’t think he’s really experienced [the things being portrayed in his films].
Shinkai has never been an adolescent teenager before? Why's this guy projecting so much?
>>
>>151938304
Because "muh Miyazaki"
People don't want to understand Shinkai movies and Miyazaki's are trying to achieve very different things
>>
Suddenly everyone hate shinkai
Can people stop shit talking him? He just wanted to make a cute gender bender movie with good visuals he never pretended that he was making the masterpiece of this century

He just didn't think that people were degenerate enough to enjoy gender bender this much
>>
>Ishida
Literally le who are you
>>
File: 1446076160103.jpg (72KB, 541x555px) Image search: [Google]
1446076160103.jpg
72KB, 541x555px
The amount of Shinkaifags' salt in this thread makes me chuckle.
>>
>>151938304
Oldfags is angry because Shinkai's movie is outsold their movie(s).
>>
>But with Shinkai, I don’t think he’s really experienced [the things being portrayed in his films].

Yeah, I don't think many people in real life have experienced swapping bodies with someone of the opposite gender either.
It seems weird to me that people keep talking about the romance aspect of Kimi, and criticising that, when it really feels primarily like a fantasy. The characters' primary motivations were to cope with and figure out how to solve their issues from the bodyswap, to the whole comet thing.
>>
>>151937102
This.
>>
>>151938439
>feels like a fantasy
Stop reading shitty fantasies then.

For romance which includes contemporary fantasy aspects, try reading Murakami's abstract works and find out what this MV called Kimi no Nawa is lacking greatly. As an author of the same country, Shinkai must've felt bad for his hacked success as well.
>>
>>151938824
Meh, success is largely a matter of luck and marketing.
No need to feel bad about it.
>>
>>151938824
It's primarily the fault of gjuys like that ishida though when they try and make great literature out of a fancy gender bender movie. Ishida's criticism just sounds so petty.
Remember me, when was the last time Miyazaki morphed into a fish girl?
Miyazaki and Shinkai's movies aren:t comparable by themes, tone or anything really (except Children who chaseyadd yadda, which was pretty much Shinkai trying the Miyazaki formula)
>>
>“With Miyazaki and his themes of man versus nature, he packs his work with his own experiences. But with Shinkai, I don’t think he’s really experienced [the things being portrayed in his films].”
Is this Ishida guy a fucking ignorant?
He sure experienced 2011 Tohoku earthquake and that's why the movie resonate with anyone who, atleast, aware of natural diaster.
>>
>>151936822
Iwgp and @deep are both straight up garbage jdrama

These old timers sure are bitter about shinkai success story. These interviews only make me respect Shinkai more. He is /ourguy/
>>
>>151939632
>/ourguy/
Fuck off.
>>
>>151938304
>samey regarding themes

I can see that with HnK and 5cm, but how does KnMYnB fit in?
Can't talk about Kimi no Na wa as I haven't watched it, yet.
>>
>>151936822
>all the famous anime directors point out how dumb and retarded Your Name is, even the Your Name director only considers it to be above average at most
>retards who can't imaging their nu-favorite chick flick might not exactly be deep as they would like it to be cry out in pain
KEK
>>
>>151937375
Take your meds, Jii-san.
>>
>>151938304
>>151939776
Kimi no Na wa is a bit of a subversion of his theme of unrequited being shat on by extraneous circumstances like distance and age gap.

The movie literally has them both and they overcome it at the end. I would say the theme here is "destiny" but its more like the power of love even overcoming it as otherwise the disaster that happens in the middle of the happen would still have happened to one of the main characters. Yeah, this time its the power of love.
>>
>>151936822
epic agenda guise
>>
>>151939894
>Power of love
More like fate, destiny and Musubi, the red string of fate binds them so strong not even time travel and forgotten memories could keep them apart. They best make the best sake possible and offer it up to the Musubi god.
>>
>>151940136
Where can I buy some saliva sake?
>>
>>151940182
I'm curious if it taste good. Like depending of the age of the person's saliva it will taste different.
>>
Let me summarize all Shinkai's films for you:
>tfw no gf
>tfw no gf
>tfw no gf
>tfw no gf
>tfw finally gf
>>
I genuinely love how butthurt this movie makes people.
>>
>>151939776
>>151939894
The themes and message of Shinkai's movies differ from film to film. Sometimes subtly and sometimes vastly. Garden of Words falls under the "vastly" category, which is just a movie about companionship, something that simple.
The only reason Shinkai gets as much criticism about making same shit over and over is because all of his movies try to create the feel of pure teenage adolescence. Depending on how much you care at the end, his movies always feel like something is at the tip of your fingers but it's at the same time lost forever, as pretentious as that may sound. But yeah, just because those movies are trying to capture a specific feeling doesn't mean they're at their barest trying to tell you the same thing.
I've actually had this conversation with a lot of people and I understand why people perceive Shinkai's works the way they do, but I really don't think there's much truth to it.
>>
>I wonder why someone I’ve never even met feels compelled to speak on what experiences I do or don’t have, or the nature of my life, and as though he knows everything about me
Oh shit dude
>>
>>151940452
MC moved on and has a gf by the end of 5cm/s
MC gf died to zerg rush in hoshi no koe
MC has a hot xmas cake teacher gf in that feet fetish anime

The only difference for your name is, fate finds a way.
>>
Wasn't Voices of a distant Stars female MC voiced by his wife?
>>
>>151937544
Yeah. Like they wouldn't even comment on a movie they would have no interest in watching in the first place if it wasn't for everyone pushing it in their face. Envious assholes.

>>151938366
>>151938439
He is saying that Shinkai's movies portray an idealized kind of love that only exist in the imaginations of lonely adolescents.
>>
The problem I had with the movie because I thought the theme of modern vs traditionalism will be the central theme, but in the end it left quite unexplored and it's more about love and fate which feels kind of flat to me because their development was summed in a song montage.
>>
>>151941680
>He is saying that Shinkai's movies portray an idealized kind of love that only exist in the imaginations of lonely adolescents.
It seems neither you nor Ishida has watched anything by Shinkai then because I don't see how you can miss the point that are so obvious.
>>
>>151941848
>modern vs traditionalism
Yeah I felt like that was going to be a big theme when girl says she wants to be a boy from Tokyo in next life. But I don't think the movie actually tried to tackle that theme so I can't really fault it.
>>
I can taste the insecurity from here. I think we are at that critical point where the generational gap between the old guards of anime and and the aspiring young talent becomes painfully apparent.

It's most likely impossible, but I want it to win an Oscar just to BTFO them further.
>>
>>151942142
I admit I am not a huge fan and haven't examined his movies in great detail. Would you enlighten me what the point is?
>>
>>151940452
>>>/tv/
>>
>>151936822
>memezaki
truly the stan lee of anime
>>
>>151942323
Eh I can't really fault them, the movie is good but just like Shinkai admits himself, it has a lot of flaws. I'm quite baffled too with the amazing reception the movie received, it was a standard Shinkai movie to me, nothing groundbreaking from his style.

But the anime veterans have to accept that what popular now is different nowadays, Frozen become popular because of Let It Go when the whole movie was quite underwhelming. And it's not like Your Name is a piece of trash, it's a decent movie. They should be more supportive towards Shinkai so that he can create a better movie next time.
>>
>>151943223
>Shinkai admits himself, it has a lot of flaws
Reads more like being humble with a tinge of perfectionism taking his comments as a whole on the matter.
>>
>>151941680
>He is saying that Shinkai's movies portray an idealized kind of love that only exist in the imaginations of lonely adolescents.
Not like such an indictment could apply to pretty much any romance story of any medium ever, could it? Most romantic chick flicks have no basis in reality and Romeo & Juliet was pretty fucking silly when you get down to it. Thats not getting into the bullshit depiction of love in 99% of anime either. This Ishida guy is full of shit.
>>
>>151942531
That it's far from idealistic? And it also depends on what you and Ishida consider idealized fiction. Do you think adolescent romance isn't a realistic narrative premise?
At least by the normal standard of anime and most of western media, I don't think any of his work is idealistic fiction. I mean here we have a 15 year old boy falling for 27 year old woman in one of his films and it is handled with most tact and subtlety. At no point does it try to fall in to usual clichés or becomes an enabler of any fetishes. In other film (5cm) the whole message is about growing up and moving on and giving up on idealistic dream world.
Maybe you can enlighten me on what you found to be idealistic romance or idealistic portrayal of any scenario.
>>
>>151942858
Lee was a hack through and through anon. He was a good businessman though.
>>
>>151943526
So you are admitting that the statement is true, but if somebody points it out they are full of shit?
>it doesn't matter if it's bad because everything else is also bad
>>
>>151936822
>Shinkai responded by saying “I wonder why someone I’ve never even met feels compelled to speak on what experiences I do or don’t have, or the nature of my life, and as though he knows everything about me?”
/thread
>>
>>151937118
>flopped
>Box office[edit]
The film was #1 at the Japanese box office during its opening weekend, earning approximately US$5.4 million from 492,000 admissions on 457 screens.[20] The film was Japan's second highest-grossing film in the year 2015 with a total box office gross of (converted from yen) US$48.6 million.[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_and_the_Beast#Box_office
>>
>>151936822
>Ishida
Literally, who?
>>
>>151944246
>>151944158
Not that you want to discuss anime or anything, you're interested in shitposting and it is a shitposting thread after all so I don't blame you.
>>
>>151938394
O
ve hated him ever since Voices of a Distant Star. When I realized that half the movie was a girl in a giant robot just staring at her phone, I knew that his shit was stupid as fuck. I was right with that movie, I was right with 5cm, and I was right with Garden of Words.
Now he made the same movie except he put in the body-swap concept and now everyone think he's the next Miyazaki.
He's been using the same formula for 15 fucking years. If he was supposed to be the next Miyazaki, he would've already done so.
>>
>>151944246
I'm not conceding anything, I'm just saying that (assuming that Shinkais works are as idealized and emotionally adolescent as stated) faulting something for traits that are true for the vast majority of fiction is hypocritical and also unhelpful, especially considering this mangaka hasn't spoken out against any of the other saccharine romance anime of the last few years.
It would be like Gareth Evans shitting on David Leitch for putting guns in his action movies, a criticism that is nebulous to the point of meaninglessness and reeks of Evans being mad that John Wick did better than the Raid.
>>
>>151937342
Burn.
>>
File: civilized world.png (119KB, 1338x834px) Image search: [Google]
civilized world.png
119KB, 1338x834px
>>151936822
This is basically shitposting in real life at this point.

Anyway, BDs when?
>>
>>151944755
The fact that this guy criticized Shinkai for Idealized portrayal of romance and doesn't say shit about Miyazaki already makes him a hypocrite.
Miyazaki's movies tackle some dark stuff but it can just as easily be categorized as idealistic portrayal of tropes and ideas.
>>
Why are people so mad with some guy being unexpectedly successful?
>>
>>151945033
Pretty sure one UK site listed BDs release date for late October which was just a placeholder date. Meaning the date could move further back.
>>
>>151945033
County that screened your name? Why is burgerland highlighted? I thought they haven't watch it yet
>>
>>151945185
This is outrageous.
>>
>>151945093
Keep projecting the jealousy and contrarianism from people who call bullshit on this one like you've always done, low life scums.

That way you'll never see it for its true value.
>>
>>151944158
Idealized love is perfect and pure. This is a perception that a person with only a naive understanding of relationships would have.
Adolescent romance is very realistic and portraying adolescent as pursuing some sort of idealistic love is also realistic - it's the sort of expectation a teenager would have. Still it should be remembered that the mindset of the characters and the mindset of the author are two distinct entities. In Shinkai's movies the concept of "perfect and pure love" is not presented as a part of the character's worldview but as a central premise of the work.
If the characters are shown as growing up and moving on it's not with the feeling of catharsis, of release form the misconception of perfect love, it's rather with the bittersweet feeling that perfect love is something too pure and beautiful to last for too long in this material world and should be cherished in our hearts.
Such an overly sentimentalistic view is harmless, and even works with such sentimental tone occasionally capture a particle of reality that resonates with people, but still something of real value should not just meet people's expectations but challenge them to explore unthought of concepts.
Of course, this is my perception of it. Maybe Shinkai's work is so above my level conceptually that I failed to capture it's true meaning.
>>
>>151945033

>mfw uncivilised
The only animated movies they will screen here is Disney/Dreamworks trash. Now I have to put up with the Chinese eyecancer until BD comes out.
>>
>>151945093
Because people, especially people on the internet, want to be mad at something all the time. Might as well be mad at something popular everyone's heard of, since it's easier than actively looking for something to be mad at.
>>
>>151945242
Apparently this includes advance screenings.
>>
>>151945487
/a/ is overwhelmingly pro shinkai
It is the old farts that hate technology that are shitting on him
>>
>>151944755
I think it is only natural reaction to point out that something hailed as the second coming of Christ is actually not that remarkable. If he panned it as the worst movie of the century that would be an entirely different matter.
>>
>>151945093
I don't understand why it is commonly assumed that if you state that you don't particularly care about something it means you hate it with all your heart and you are mad and butthurt that it exists and you want it removed off the face of the Earth.
>>
>>151945808
I think what the old farts hate is the pathetic beta virgin plot that all his movies have.
>>
>>151945093
Because Shinkai has done something no other animated filmmaker besides Miyazaki has done before and lots of people are jealous and butthurt.
Yamakan was the first person to spill his salt.
>>
>>151945941
Welp sucks for them. The people who're willing to part with their money likes pathetic bet virgin plots.
>>
File: 1456817297473.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1456817297473.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>>151945941
what?
>>
>>151945433
>In Shinkai's movies the concept of "perfect and pure love" is not presented as a part of the character's worldview but as a central premise of the work.
Which movie? 5cm which is about moving the fuck on, Garden of Words where two characters don't even share the same kind of feelings for each other, Hoshi no Koe where the bonds are broken in an instant because of circumstances which characters have no control over or Children Who Chase Lost Voices which again tacles the themes of moving on but in very different circumstances and manner.
I'd say though that Voices and Your Name does have the "love conquers all" kind of thing but that's just two works and to say that every movie is similar to those two is massive overgeneralization.
>If the characters are shown as growing up and moving on it's not with the feeling of catharsis, of release form the misconception of perfect love, it's rather with the bittersweet feeling that perfect love is something too pure and beautiful to last for too long in this material world and should be cherished in our hearts.
Again which films? Because I don't really see it, besides the films have a weight of ambiguousness so you can project whatever you want there.
>>
>Upon hearing the Ishida’s analysis, Shinkai responded by saying “I wonder why someone I’ve never even met feels compelled to speak on what experiences I do or don’t have, or the nature of my life, and as though he knows everything about me?”
lel
>>
>>151946122
>Yamakan was the first person to spill his salt.
I thought Yamakan praised this and Silent Voices as well when they first came out.
>>
>>151944696
I really think that his the Children who chase the Lost Voice was Shinkai giving a big fuck you to those who expect him to be the second Miyazaki.
>>
Is KyoAni the only place with decent people left in the industry?

While everyone keeps shitting on Shitkai out of jealousy, Yamada goes and has dinner with him.
>>
>>151946412
>out of jealousy
No, it's not.
>>
>>151945815
Either that or he's just a pretentious asshole looking for attention. Considering he implied Shinkai has never been an adolescent who experienced romance and never body swapped or time travelled, I'd say latter is the case.
>>
>>151946340
That's before he realized kimi no na wa would be more successful than anything he has ever/will make.
>>
>>151936822
This is so immature and pitiful this actually makes me cringe
I mean, he's a literally who compared to Shinkai now
>>
>>151946465
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
5cm as boring as fuck, garden was a self insert fantasy, and your name was a shitty fanfic

People that like him are the same people that like Nolan, only because his movies look pretty.
>>
>>151946412
>Yamada goes and has dinner with him.
Source? And considering Shinkai praised Yamadakino I think the gesture is obvious.
>>
>>151945093
Success breeds jealousy, that's literally all it is.
Imagine slaving away for years, constantly churning out your best work only to have it under perform and have random people on the internet say you're a hack. Suddenly some little fucking upstart makes a shitty throwaway summer date movie and makes nearly 300 million worldwide. It would make you feel so impotently mad, the only thing you could do would be be call him a no-talent virgin on the internet.
>>
>>151946532
It's a shitty meme coming from those who shit with their mouths and talk with their assholes.

>hurr durr jealousy
>hurr durr everyone likes it

Are those the only reasons you can come up with?
>>
>>151946505
The first statement he released, he acknowledged that Shinkai was living the dream compared to him so he already knew at that point.
>>
It's obvious they're jealous.
>>
>>151946533
5cm was great, Garden was self insert fantasy but that's not a bad thing because it's still Shinaki's best-drawn work, and Your Name was a good movie with 6/10 plot, 7/10 characters, 10/10 OST, 9.5/10 animation.
>>
>>151946593
>hurr durr I'm telling he's a pathetic virgin who's never had a gf how do I know well I pulled it out of my ass
I don't particularly care about Shinkai's works or success, but I don't "criticize" his work by publicly making dumb assumptions about his young-self sexual life.
>>
>>151946720
>>>/MAL/
>>
>>151946229
I never said anything about "love conquers all".
It's not the circumstances but the general theme -true love appears magically, inexplicably, unexpectedly but it's too hard to capture and you have to move on with your life. This is a level above "love conquers all" but it's still pretty simpleminded.
>films have a weight of ambiguousness so you can project whatever you want there.
As you wish. I think I've watched or read enough works of fiction that express the same sentiment to recognize it when I see it but I admit I could be wrong.
>>
>>151946340
He did. He openly admitted that he was jealous of Shinkai.
>>
>>151946575
>Suddenly some little fucking upstart makes a shitty throwaway summer date movie
He's made 5 movies over 15 years before finally hitting it big with this movie. Certainly not an upstart
>>
>>151942323
Would you say that 50 Shades of Grey getting roasted by everyone was "insecurity" as well? Shinkai's stories and "relationships" are garbage and as Ishida correctly points out, something only lonely, sheltered virgins could find believable.
>>
>>151945442
weeb
>>
>>151946472
> he implied Shinkai has never been an adolescent who experienced romance
He implied that Shinkai has a naive perception of romance
>and never body swapped or time travelled
How offensive!
>>
>>151946996
He points out these "flaws" by attacking Shinkai's character. That's pretty much how jealous people act.
>>
>>151936864
Miyazaki is a pathetic waifufag that got into making anime beocuse he fell in lvoe with a 2d loli.
What a fucking itter old man.
>>
>>151941680
Don't Miyazaki's movies portray an idealized kind of nature that only exists in the imaginations of hippies?
>>
>>151947079
His mentioning that Shinkai has most likely never experienced the stuff he portrays in his movies is a fair criticism - the relationships in Shinkai's movies are flat out unrealistic and implausible. It's the same old LN-tier writing, except with pretty animation.
>>
>>151946996
That's 99% of anime
>>
>>151946593
Of course it's jealousy. Shinkai was just some small time film director until Kimi no Wa and now he's suddenly on the road to become the director of highest grossing anime film of all time. He's a decent director, but there are so many people who are/were better than him, but have not and will not recieve even a fraction of his recognition and popularity. It's not surprising that in a highly hierarchial society like Japan, oldfarts are throwing a shitfit over some upstart rising to stardom overnight.
>>
>>151947409
>Yeah he was probably a virgin with no gf that's why his romance is idealistic

This is fair criticism?

>unrealistic and implausible
This is bad how? I mean if this is the case he makes for bad movies he probably hates Miyazaki's idealized and pro-communist propaganda movies.
>>
File: 1388860961754.jpg (43KB, 255x233px) Image search: [Google]
1388860961754.jpg
43KB, 255x233px
I can't really view this criticism as legitimate since the majority of Japan's youth are kissless virgins with no gf anyway. Shinkai is just taking advantage of the market demographic. Even if what Ishida says is all true, it doesn't matter since that means that Shinkai is indeed drawing from his own experiences of loneliness and sharing his feels with the younger generation who sympathizes.
>>
>>151947288
I'm not here to defend Ishida or Miyazaki. I just don't like how people always insist on grossly misinterpreting everything any relatively famous person says.
>>
>>151946815
>true love appears magically, inexplicably, unexpectedly but it's too hard to capture and you have to move on with your life.
And how is that idealistic? And while we're on topic I would love to hear your example for the arguments you're making and of what you consider "romance done right."
>>
>>151947587
Japan youth is fucking more than ever now, that's why the government is currently on a crusade against sexually transmitted diseases, there's been an increase recently.
>>
>>151946996
>Would you say that 50 Shades of Grey getting roasted by everyone was "insecurity" as well?
No but Ishida making assumptions about what kind of life Shinkai has led definitely is.
>>
>>151946996
>Would you say that 50 Shades of Grey getting roasted by everyone was "insecurity" as well?
No but Ishida making assumptions about what kind of life Shinkai has led definitely is.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>151947869
You're gonna have to provide proofs on that one, friendo.
>>
>>151947053
>He implied that Shinkai has a naive perception of romance
By stating what kind of teenage life Shinkai had.
>>
>ha ha he's such a virgin ha ha
Bad losers

>>151947922
Google it, it's true. Watamote referenced it actually.
>>
>>151947869
You must have missed the news that Japan has a birth-death deficiency and will fall below 100 million people in a decade or so.
>>
File: 2012.jpg (21KB, 534x540px) Image search: [Google]
2012.jpg
21KB, 534x540px
>>151940452
>>
>>151947576
>Yeah he was probably a virgin with no gf that's why his romance is idealistic
He didn't say that.
>This is bad how
Not bad. Simply pointless.
Any work of fiction is bound to be unrealistic at least in some respects but it it has to capture something true to appeal to people.
In this case it unintentionally captures the feeling of being a lonely virgin to which a lot of people can relate to. Still since the work itself can't see beyond it's own delusion it can bring nothing of value to its audience.
>>
>>151948282
*tips fedora*
>>
>>151936822
I honestly feel fucking sorry for Shinkai. He's a really humble guy, he made some decent movies, suddenly has one blow up and then everyone in the industry decides to take a shit on him.

If he had a big mouth like Shinbo or Yamakan I wouldn't give a fuck, but he doesn't deserve everyone talking crap about him like that.
>>
>>151948362
Let's all write him nice letters!
>>
>>151948189
Fun fact, sex is also for pleasure.
>>
>>151948478
He didn't direct Flip Flappers
>>
All Japanese writers and producers are hacks. They rip off obscure western ideas and philosophies and incorporate them into a jungle of a mess that makes a mockery of the original works. That's why they are largely irrelevant in the outside world and why they havent had a Nobel prize winner in literature in ages. Not to mention the shambolic state of Japanese acting. No japanese actors are recognizable or good enough for Hollywood or prestigious plays around the world because they lack human experience and sincerity due to their uptight fake culture.

Tl;dr Japan is a joke
>>
>>151948571
but muh Murakami!
>>
>>151948571
/pol/ please leave.
>>
Miyazalo os nothing but normalfag bait, while Shinkai is one of us.
>>
>>151948657
He's not wrong about nip actors
>>
>>151948771
Stop samefaggig, /pol/
>>
>>151948571
/thread

Both Miyazashit and Keit-ai shinkai and fuck off .
>>
>>151948929
So why do people here watch anime all of which are written by shit writers? For the fanservice?
>>
>>151949064
Yes. Also self inserting. Also the threads for some crappy shows can be very fun.
>>
>>151936822
>Akihabara@DEEP
HAHAHAHAHAHA

what a shit story.
>>
>>151949064
>for the fanservice?

Whyd you even ask if you knew the answer? If you take anime seriously you should fuck right off back to MAL and stay there.
>>
>>151949154
>>151949202
t. underage or neckbeard
>>
>>151949306
I wish.
>>
File: 1463863685435.jpg (165KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
1463863685435.jpg
165KB, 1032x774px
>>151949306
Please go read some books and get an actual life once in a while outside this board, underaged /v/&.
>>
>>151940136
Fate took too long to get them back together after the fact.
>>
>>151949476
Recommend a good book.

>>151948571
Recommend a good writer.
>>
>>151947409
"You can't talk about X if you've never done it" is the war cry of the Eternal Butthurt. I don't particularly care one way or the other for Shinkai but when you're directly attacking the guy on a personal level by saying he only writes this stuff because he was a kissless virgin as a teenager, you're putting your jealousies and insecurities over someone else having more success than you on full display.

>>151948869
Japs being bad actors isn't some /pol/ statement. It's what happens when you try to combine an acting influenced by the overacting of Japanese theater and idols who can't act.
>>
>>151949666
>because he was a kissless virgin as a teenager
Nobody ever said that.
>>
Man, these crusty old faggots need to know when their time is up, this is just sad at this point.
>>
>>151949476
>spends all his time shitposting on 4chan and masturbating to cartoons
>calls me underage b8 for appreciating art
really makes you think
>>
>>151950044

I've gotta ask out of curiosity: have the nips reacted at all to Miyazaki's bitterness at all? Or these kinds of images we make of him all the time now?
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.