[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hyouka

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: hyouka.webm (602KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
hyouka.webm
602KB, 720x404px
>decide to watch Hyouka since its fanboys can't stop talking about it
>hear that it's all about "subtle character growth" and "show don't tell"
>first scene of the show is the main character telling you his personality through the most unnatural forced catch phrase ever uttered
>the rest of the episode is spent telling you how LAZY oreki is, repeating this stupid motto multiple times

Why is the writing so shit?
>>
>>151721594
>subtle character growth
>in one episode
>>
>>151721594
Don't forget, at the end of the show he can't even confess fo girl after all that "character growth".
Serves you right, don't hear Kyoani fanboys anymore.
>>
>>151721984
You might be better off watching some generic harem shit kid, this show appears to be too much for you.
>>
>>151721984
This so much.
>>
File: overused bait placeholder.jpg (1KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
overused bait placeholder.jpg
1KB, 100x100px
>>151721594
>>
>>151721984
>anti-Hyouka people are retarded enough to want a cliche unneeded explicit confession without understanding the internal growth shown in the finale
Like pottery
>>
Can't forget this tidbit of excellent writing.
>>
>>151722272
Oh boy, the kyoanus defense squad is here.
>>
>>151721984
>where's my romance!?
Anti Hyoukafags proving to be retarded and underage.
>>
>>151722277
haha Oreki is so funny!
>>
>>151721594
>>151721984
>>151722237
>>151722312
I love how Hyouka does it's job as a casual filter very well.
>>
>>151721594
Its praised more for its visuals, but yeah the writing is very stupid. Still an okay watch, definitely if you like mysteries.
>>
You may be confusing Hyouka with Hibike. Houka excels at visuals and animation. I personally love the mysteries but there's a lot of argument about those too. Hibike is the show with great characterization and growth, in fact, some Hibike side are better developed than even most main characters in most other anime.
>>
>>151721594
Are you really that retarded? What Oreki is telling you is how he likes to perceive himself, not who he actually is.
>>
I don't hate Hyouka but damn I really didn't think it was anything special. Some arcs are better than others I suppose but the more it goes on the less interesting it becomes.
Also, the "mystery" story about the movies club is complete trash. Pretty fun, considering how much everyone is quoting Christie around during it.
>>
>>151723655
>, some Hibike side are better developed than even most main characters in most other anime.
Delusional.
>>
>>151724595
Just kyoanifag
>>
>>151724595
That's true, though.
>>
>>151724595
You can't literally prove me wrong.
>>
hyouka is recommended by /a/ in the same way boku no pico and bible black is recommended. don't think too much of it.
>>
>>151724725
Your original claim showed how delusional you were, there's no point in trying to argue with someone who has such a warped view.
>>
>>151724832
Good to know you have no argument.
>>
>>151724902
Back to your dying containment general hibikefag
>>
>Implying Hibike isn't a characterization masterpiece of our time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgWunG5vDvk
>>
>>151724923
>youtube reviewers
>>>/v/
>>
>>151724923
>using a youtube review as an argument
>>
>>151722703
>implying you fags weren't happy for a minute when it happened (in his imagination, though).
>>
>>151724914
Not an argument.
>>
>>151724963
>greentext
>>
File: 1450357783764.png (297KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450357783764.png
297KB, 640x480px
>>151721594
well you went out of your way to make/save a webm, so you must've liked something about it
>>
>>151725039
>making a webm of something to point out how retarded said scene is somehow means that you like it
Are hyoukafags this dumb?
>>
>>151725080
The OP complained about there not being any character development in the first episode. Let's not start judging people by the worst examples we can find.
>>
>>151725189
I think you're the one who needs to actually read the OP since that webm is the scene I was complaining about you dumbshit
>>
>>151725216
Why would you think that the "subtle character growth" happens in the first episode though? Subtlety is not a keyword for smart or deep by the way. It's literally just subtle.
>>
>>151725283
Reread the OP.
>>
>>151725306
You say that you've heard there is subtle character growth and that the show takes a don't tell approach and then you decided to judge that based on the first episode alone.

Why don't you watch it all and see why people think that?
>>
>>151725419
His entire point is that he has trouble believing the show will be able to provide a well written narrative, considering how shit the very first thing you hear a character say in the anime is.

It's a pretty fair point. The first episode is setting up the tone for the entire series and the one it paints seems just a pretty generic sol anime with nothing big going on.

>But it gets good later
Why can't it be good now?
>>
>>151725496
If he doesn't like the show now he probably won't like it later either. The show just happens to have a "unreliable narrator" type MC so they sometimes have to do roundabout thing to show development.

It's not like this is unique to this. Even Haruhi did it to a lesser extent.
>>
>>151725496
>Why can't it be good now?
>>>/out/
>>
>>151722277
That sounds to me like a pretty effective way of conveying his strange attitude. He goes out of his way to salute the runners with haughty language, but there's nothing in his tone to suggest he's really mocking them. It's also notable that he would find something as unobjectionable as running to be worth commenting on.
>>
>>151726030
Overanalizing a character is something that's easy to do. It's like that episode where digibro spergs for one hour about how much of Yui's personality in k-on you can infer from her room, while all you get really is that she's a cute girl doing cute things.
He's acting like a super generic high school anime mc. What you find worth analyzing (the tone of his voice and the silly line) is just a pretty common attitude a lot of characters in these kind of anime have. His mannerisms are generic and already seen. It's another case of "it gets better later".
>>
The simple fact that he went from despising Chitanda as an annoying brat to admitting to himself he feels about Chitanda the same way Satoshi feels about Mayoka without any dramatic confession or major plot twist is pretty good development. and also if you think they don't end up together you're either a purity fag or someone with the reading comprehension skills of a preschooler.
>>
>>151726226
>overanalizing
Stopped reading there. I'm just going to accuse every Hyouka detractor from now on of underanalyzing the characters now. Especially if they're the type to describe K-On as cute girls doing cute things since that's something that's easy to do.
>>
>>151726226
Do you have another example of an MC specifically commenting on exercise as "too high energy"? I'm familiar with the trope of moody monologuing high school boy who rejects work, but dismissing the concept of physical fitness as something outside of his philosophy seems extreme.
>>
>>151726537
>Stopped readin
>Read the rest anyway
M-make up your mind, anon!
>>151726564
Of course not, "high energy" is his specific catchphrase. I was just referring to the way he overall feel: he's your average school MC. He might have more under his sleeves, but we are talking about first episode impressions.
>>
this dialogue just isn't natural
>>
>>151726727
Plenty of characters don't have catch phrases. The fact that he keeps repeating it means it has some meaning to him. That was my impression anyway.
>>
>>151726897
Don't forget they'll repeat him being a database for every single episode.
>>
File: beststudio.png (972KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
beststudio.png
972KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>151726226
>digibro
Stopped right there.
>>
>>151727036
>Lucky Star
Good and funny
>Nichijou
Their best show
>Hyouka
Boring. Not bad but it feels like it's going nowhere for most of the time. Half the episodes maybe would've given it better pacing.
>That one thing with the magician girl in the op
Haven't seen it
>K-on
Which genre? SoL? CGDCT? I suppose?
>Disappearance
A good movie that has the misfortune of belonging to a dead series that will never go anywhere as far as animation goes. The problem of disappearance is that as good as it is, it's not self-sufficient. You can't just watch it, it's part of a series with very low lows and only mediocre highs.
>>
The soundtrack alone makes it worth a watch, even if it does drag at times
>>
>>151727902
Then why not just listen to a CD of the ost?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.