[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Insanely popular IP in Japan >Put your absolute best director

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 26

File: 79185.jpg (42KB, 225x318px) Image search: [Google]
79185.jpg
42KB, 225x318px
>Insanely popular IP in Japan
>Put your absolute best director on it
>Tons of Amazon pre-orders
>Start with so much hype that your first episode actually breaks in to the top 10 in Japan TV ratings

>Completely fucking bomb and lose more than half of your initially estimated pre-orders and never even so much as register in the top Japanese TV ratings after episode 1

I get that shitting on SHAFT has been not even been hard for years now, but Jesus Christ, this is actually a new low of pathetic that is incredibly sad even outside the context of /a/ studio wars.
>>
>>148847744
What happened?
>>
>>148847744
That title makes me cringe. Whats with these sappily titled melodramas with glasses MC
>>
White Fox needs to gut all the talent from SHAFT since they've often worked closely in the past. SHAFT is fucking done. They need to close shop already.
>>
>>148847842
Well he was an aspiring Jazz-Saxophonist who slipped on some Shogi-Tiles and fell into a Piano, thereby breaking his fingers and getting himself nice PTSD.

Watch as he tries to rebuild his life by playing Chess on top of decommissioned pianos.

Similarities to "Your Lie in April" are just coincidence.
>>
>>148847842
How about you actually read it?
It's one of the absolute bests manga currently running.
>>
File: 1477105029312.png (47KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
1477105029312.png
47KB, 700x393px
>>148847828
This happened.
>>
Why don't you mention shitty songs?
>OP, ED both BUMP OF CHICKEN

Who the fuck think of this? Seriously, wtf? The song was total wack my the way
>>
>>148848149
but why
>>
>>148848014

kek. is this true?
>>
>>148847744
>>Put your absolute best director on it
The director is a literally who though.
>>
>>148848192
I kind of want to watch it to see what's wrong with it. Did they overuse their head tilts or something?
>>
File: Graph2016102212_B01M0LPHOD_week.jpg (64KB, 700x480px) Image search: [Google]
Graph2016102212_B01M0LPHOD_week.jpg
64KB, 700x480px
>>148848149
That's Nintendo Stock Price isn't it?

In terms of Amazon Stalker ratings this show is doing no worse than it originally did. Ranking higher now than ever before previously at this time of the week.
>>
>>148847744
>quality or artistic merit can be inferred from ratings, preorders and popularity-type metrics
This is why your opinion will always be irrelevant, /a/. Just stick to your imouto or keijo generals.
>>
>>148848330
Shinbo is the director you idiot AKA the "Pull out your big guns" director at SHAFT.
>>
>>148848518
Oh its one of these guys who has no idea what he is talking about. Shinbo is credited as the Chief Director of every single show SHAFT puts out. He doesn't direct like the director of series on other anime. He supervises the people who actually direct the show. To find out who the actual director of a SHAFT series is look at the "series director" or "assistant director" credits in some cases. That will be the guy doing the actual work that people refer to when they usual talk about a director of anime.
>>
>>148848395
>There are people who still unironically defend SHAFT

Holy shit. How do you do it?
>>
>>148848518
No, Kenjiro Okada is the director. Shinbo is just supervising the same way he does over every other Shaft show. I know people were hyping that Shinbo was actually going to direct this time, but he isn't.
>>
>>148848395
It's not like it's a particularly good adaption anyway.
>>
SHAFT actually needs to pull the cord. What they've spiraled in to actually depresses me. I used to back them vs Kyoani, but they're a total shitshow now.

Please just send your talented staff to other studio's. I'm tired of seeing this ;_;
>>
>>148848142
That's what they said about the other one too
>>
>>148848860
As long as Aniplex keeps funding them they will keep making anime successfully.
>>
>>148848919
Not really.
>>
>>148848621
>defending SHAFT
lolwut
>How do you do it
Well, if I got what you meant by "defending" right, let me tell you of this little secret:
I'm not an American. I'm not a retard. I'm not an executive from some studio. I don't particularly enjoy playing around with abstract sales figures thinking. I don't subscribe to some hivemind way of thinking. I can think for myself. I can read. I can interpret texts properly. I don't need to shitpost or troll others.

Is the above explanation enough for you? Good, now go kill yourself.
>>
>>148847744
>Tons of Amazon pre-orders
this never happened though, 3-gatsu was a commercial failure on Amazon
>>
File: money making shaft.jpg (419KB, 640x2864px) Image search: [Google]
money making shaft.jpg
419KB, 640x2864px
>>148848621

because SHAFT is the only studio that can topple Kyoani
>>
>>148848188
>Bump of Chicken
>shitty
>>
>>148848014
>Similarities to "Your Lie in April" are just coincidence.
Yeah, since 3gatsu started in 2007 and April began publication in 2011.
>>
>>148849014
Yeah it is actually doing better right now than it has been at the same time in the week on Amazon ever before >>148848387
Most of OPs post is uniformed nonsense that he has just read in threads on /a/ then believed.
>>
>>148848950
commercially succesful, maybe but that doesn't mean what they're shitting out isn't uninspired drek. shinbo is tired and boring. he's proven that he's incapable of innovation or even passion. he has to go and shaft as a studio needs to rebuild both from the bottom up and from the top down
>>
File: 1475682460463.jpg (117KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1475682460463.jpg
117KB, 1440x810px
>>148849064
how will Kyoanus ever recover?
>>
File: CPDDtBrWEAEe6uI.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CPDDtBrWEAEe6uI.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
>>148847744
>never even so much as register in the top Japanese TV ratings after episode 1

We've talked about this yesterday, faggot
No normal anime can compete on a list with Doraemon on it.
>>
>>148849064
This image really lost its edge now that even Kyoani makes fanservice trash like Phantom World.
>>
>>148848950
They aren't gonna back them much longer if they continue to fuck up huge IPs like they have for the past 5 years.

The Monogatari series is the only thing keeping them afloat at this point and it's popularity is starting to dwindle.

SHAFT is on the hot seat if they don't shit out another blockbuster really soon.
>>
>>148849064
What do you mean by topple? SHAFT and KyoAni are nothing in the anime industry in terms of size compared to the likes of Toei, Sunrise and Pierrot.

>>148849115
I don't particularly like a lot of SHAFTs recent output but I have never really bought the whole everything they make uses the same visual style so it is uninspired kind of thing. It would be like saying directors like Tarkovsky or Ozu are bad because they have a unique visual identity that you can recognise as theirs. Whether you like the style or not having a consistent visual style like that isn't something that should be generally viewed as bad. Nobody calls a cubist painter lacking in passion or incapable of innovation due to making paintings in the same style their whole career. It seems to be something unique to anime fandom to view that as a bad thing.
>>
>>148849331
Even Monogatari is flopping. 350Mil for a 130 screens is by all means a big fat flop.
>>
>>148849331
Nisekoi was pretty successful. The manga sales went way up while it was airing, like huge amounts, even if the BDs didn't sell a shit ton.
>>
>>148848669
If you'd have actually bothered to read the source material you'd realize it's pretty faithful to it except for a bit of the SHAFT treatment here and there (palette, voice actors, unimaginative OP/ED).
3-gatsu is similar to what Chihayafuru is but with shoji, i.e., a fucking niche series.
>it doesn't sell like LN adaptations from the last 2 years or fanservice-ridden mahou shoujo shows
Well, color me surprised.
>>
>>148849387
but thing is these shows are adaptations and I really do take offense when Nisekoi and Nisemonogatari are animated in the exact same way. Especially when the genres arent even remotely the same.

It's not a "style", it just seems like laziness at this point. Like okay we're going to draw the sameface for everyone because we cant be bothered to adapt proper character designs (Zaregoto).
>>
i make post
>>
>>148849387
>It seems to be something unique to anime fandom to view that as a bad thing.

it wouldn't be if shinbo wasn't one dimensional. that's literally the ONLY thing he's known for. he hasn't shown any growth or maturity as a director. he literally only lives now to perpetuate worse and worse parodies of his earliest works likes like a viral meme.
>>
>>148847744

Literally what are you talking about?
>>
>>148849064
You're better off placing bets on Doga Kobo or White Fox to topple Kyoani. They just need legitimate blockbusters and they're instantly in the conversation.

SHAFT has been a dead horse since 2011.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5-nfsEA0Wc

He's right, you know.
>>
>>148849438
>even if the BDs didn't sell a shit ton.

didn't help that they inexplicably added censorship to nudity in the BD's... that's literally when i swore off shaft's retarded bullshit forever
>>
File: IMG_20161022_063313.jpg (108KB, 1280x704px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161022_063313.jpg
108KB, 1280x704px
>>148849466
Nice assumptions, but it's my favorite manga.
And other than the gratuitous Shaftisms, there are a bunch of scenes that they fucked up royally.
>>
>>148849553
memez
>>
>>148849496
>>148849478
Do you think Dezaki was a bad director then? His style stayed the same from Ashita no Joe through Golgo to fucking Clannad. Through all different kinds of adaptations. Yet he is widely considered one of the best and most influential directors to have ever worked in anime. Hating Shinbo for having a visual style is just a meme narrative because it is one of the most easily recognisable in the industry. Just like people calling out Wes Anderson for it, not that I am a fan of it, people just seem to struggle to see directors that have less obvious recurring visual styles but remain consistent. I doubt anyone will start to criticise Yamada anytime soon but she has been directing the same way since K-On! already.
>>
>>148849115

I wasn't aware anyone gave a shit about this sort of stuff anymore considering most anime fans just fling shit about sales and sexy waifus and act like complete shitheads and literally just don't seem to actually give a shit about any of this stuff. It's all about BTFOing and other fake fan wars people make up.
>>
>>148849636
>a bunch of scenes
like what?
>>
I told you it was going to be shit from the moment they revealed it was Shaft. Nobody should be surprised.
>>
>>148849387

Post 2010 studio wars shitposting niwaka otaku seem to have it in their heads that Shaft and Kyoani are these mega monolithic giant powerhouse studios when in fact aside from the likes of Sunrise, A-1 and Toei the other other entities worth considering are the production committee heads which un-coincidentally own studios like Sunrise and A-1. Toei is also so heavily affiliated with Bandai they might as well own them. Kyoani is also heavily affiliated with Pony Canyon, Lantis and formerly Kadokawa and Shaft with Aniplex
>>
>>148849769
should've picked Madhouse desu. Chihayafuru was god tier
>>
>>148849564
But White Fox already has some blockbusters.
>>
>>148849643

Okay because for a boxset release thing of a popular J-drama anime that doesn't seem like it'd be a big thing for collector types so far and isn't even getting release until late January it's charting pretty much how any reasonable person might expect. I wonder if you were to somehow take the conversation away from anime fans and the kind of people that post in stalker threads if you'd actually get more reasonable expectations of R2 sales things. Incidentally aside from shitposters who rightly gives a shit about the R2 market as a means of judging the quality of something anyway?
>>
File: 1474418886005.jpg (109KB, 349x466px) Image search: [Google]
1474418886005.jpg
109KB, 349x466px
I just want somebody to challenge Kyoani on /a/. SHAFT, White Fox, Doga Kobo, Bones, I don't care. Just please somebody end the Anus circlejerk already.
>>
>>148849890

Okay the producer are NHK and Aniplex, that kind of limits the choice of studios to their favorites like Shaft, Shuka (which I'm pretty sure they created), Wit Studio, Doga Kobo, ufoTABLE and of course A-1 long before you get to the likes of common sense choices like Madhouse (who has only ever done one anime with them in Mahouka that I'm aware) and somehow I don't think it's going to Wit and ufoTABLE who are little better at toning it down than Shaft is. They love either their own subsidiary or smaller usually newer studios that have nothing else going for them and are desperate for potential hit contracts that they can push around and siphon profits away from while keeping busy with contracts. That basically just left A-1, Shaft and Shuka and the other two are busy as usual handling the bulk of their shit.

Honestly the first mistake they made was Aniplex as a sound producer and BD/DVD distributor but with the way that Japanese corporatism and it's astonishingly limited thinking works NHK's producer for the block probably literally just saw Sony and said "boy you know what their animation company is our only possible option because this is the only company name I recognize in the list".

Also this thread is likely populated with Post 2010 MUH STUDIOWURRS!!!! peoples who don't actually know how the industry works so not really expecting an intelligent reply here.
>>
>>148849679
The problem is that it's not an idiosyncratic director, it's a developed formula. Shinbo's just there to keep things in line, you can barely call him a director anymore.
>>
File: Andimez.png (6KB, 917x546px) Image search: [Google]
Andimez.png
6KB, 917x546px
>>148850194

Shouldn't be that hard since it's all meaningless made up shit. Hell I'll challenge Kyoani right now if it'll make you feel better
>>
>>148848188
What's wrong with the songs? The OP sounds nice and catchy even though the ED is forgettable.
>>
>>148849903
White Fox has never reached mega blockbuster levels comparable to K-On, Madoka, Monogatari, or Haruhi. S;G's 22k was very good and they have several other shows that have surpassed 10k which is more than respecable, but what they really need is something that hits around the 40k mark.
>>
>>148847842

That's just what's popular. I call them sullen faced glasses fujobait kids but it's fucking hilarious just how true and cliche as fuck it is. People also go nuts for this shit.
>>
>>148848387
The OP is just a retarded shitposter trying to start stupid studio wars, don't even bother with him.
>>
>>148847744
Are you the same guy that thinks Sony is trying to crash the anime industry?
>>
>>148849564
>placing bets on Doga Kobo
Not while they're wasting time and resources on shit like New Game instead of Yuru Yuri.
>>
>>148847744
The problem is that a series like this has no real audience it could pander to, so obviously no sales.
They even tried to do some pathetic sexualization to see whether they can hook in some otaku I guess, but only of the "mother" of the group (and by that I mean the eldest sister), and she's clearly too old for the the purpose of getting school girl crazed otaku into the series.
And the other two girls are really too young for any sexualization, so they won't pull in anyone either.
They could have gone for the female audience with the handsome guys and male protag, but that definitely won't work either with Yuri on Ice airing.

However, I think they knew this too, as noone with a decent brain thought a show like this can sell well.
>>
>>148850443
>REEEEEEEEEEEE
>Aniplex
>REEEEEEEEEEEE

Not unlikely though. I mean, OP being the /a/niplexfag.
>>
>>148850348
Can you stop the kyoanusfags from jerking themselves off endlessly? If so, I'll back you.
>>
>>148850380
Nigger, what is Re:Zero?
>>
>>148850590

There's really not much that can stop stupid people from acting stupid. I've long since learned when people want to shitpost nothing you can say or argue matters. They're kind of like Trump supporters that way.
>>
>>148847744
The source material is pure shit.

The author is a shameless hack with no real understanding of shogi and just wants an excuse to have shogi as the background in order for forced drama to happen.

If the author had any talent, then she could have created the second Hikaru no Go but nobody is going to be hyped or inspired into playing shogi by this anime.
>>
>>148850348
Fuck off and get back to work Togashi.
>>
>>148850623
Fucking dumb shit Re;Zero normal faggot, your entry level shit show didn't come close breaking 20k.
Why are you so brain damaged that you can't check the first thing before writing your bullshit?
>>
>>148850623
>reddit:zero
>sub 10k sales
>A blockbuster comparable to any of those shows

hahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>148850670
>27 IPs
>>
>>148850670
Playing shogi is fucking retarded and boring to begin with, and thus the only problem with it is that it's too prominent, taking much time away from enjoyable things like character drama.
>>
>>148850380
Maybe you are right. But do fresh IP's sell that much nowadays?
>>
>>148849106
>>148850414
Now, I don't know how to actually prove this, but I could swear they used to have way more pre-orders at the beginning of the season than they have right now with an estimated 394.
>>
>>148850715

>reddit:zero

You thought you had a great one there didn't you
>>
>>148850715
He's wrong but so are you. First cour of Re:Zero did sell over 10k, and if you average both cours together, I'm pretty sure it's above 10k.
>>
>>148847828
People thought it was kyoani so it had great viewership but then they realized it was try hard Shaft so everyone left.
>>
>>148850862
Which is by no means a block buster.
>>
>>148850761
Love Live did and GaruPan.
>>
>>148850896
Nobody who matters cares about studio wars, so no, you fuckhead.
>>
>>148850862
No reeeeeeeeeee:zero volume after the first sold 10k or more though
>>
>>148850774
They aren't actual pre-orders you know right? Just estimates based on the rankings it has held and other formulas. It isn't uncommon for the number to be revised especially when things have only just been added to amazon.
>>
>>148850670
Just because a series doesn't do what you want it to doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
>>148850983
If I recall correctly, it dropped from like >1000 to under 500 where it's currently at, which is by no means normal. No other show had a revision that dramatic.
>>
>>148850623
Just because a show is popular on reddit and has a few body pillows doesn't mean it's a blockbuster anon. Shows like K-on, Haruhi and the like have huge appeal breaking in to the mainstream even. Re: Zero like it or not is not as big as you think. It is just the biggest goldfish in your small bowl.
>>
>>148850700
>>148850715
Re:Zero is an anime people will be talking about 10 years from now. Compare that with Hibike which has no impact on the world.
>>
File: it's all up to (You).jpg (106KB, 912x512px) Image search: [Google]
it's all up to (You).jpg
106KB, 912x512px
>>148850670
>>
>>148851139
No I think you are confusing the numbers on the ranking with the pre-order numbers. Just looked in the archive and you can confirm this yourself.

6th Oct
>**1,320位/**1,231位 (***,114 pt) [*,**0予約] 2017/01/25 3-gatsu no Lion BDs (Limited edition)
9th Oct
>***,173位/***,168位 (***,154 pt) [*,**0予約] 2017/01/25 3月のライオン 1(完全生産限定版) [Blu-ray]
11th Oct
***,571位/***,564位 (***,214 pt) [*,**0予約] 3-gatsu no Lion
14th Oct
**1,007位/***,950位 (***,261 pt) [*,**1予約] 2017/01/25 3-gatsu no Lion(Limited Edition) [Blu-ray]
18th Oct
***,621 (***,333 pt) 2017/01/25 3-gatsu no Lion (完全生産限定版) [Blu-ray]
Now
***,982位/***,982位 (***,394 pt) [*,**1予約] 2017/01/25 3月のライオン 1(完全生産限定版) [Blu-ray]
>>
File: akira.jpg (38KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
akira.jpg
38KB, 704x396px
>>148851332
I know it's bait yet it still pisses me off
>>
>>148851489
You're right, I was just getting my numbers confused.
>>
>>148850670

Considering it's NHK/Aniplex as a producer I was always expecting insane amounts of melodrama and little Shogi to come out of this. This seems to be another one of their lets pump people full of sad and mopey MC's so that they'll cry and call it a masterpiece things. Can't wait for some girl to get really sick or die or something and things really to get rolling.

Thing with Japanese drama is you don't really need coherent sub plots or themes like that, you just need to hit up the cliche J-Drama beats and have attractive looking characters and you might as well have a decent to large hit on your hands.
>>
>>148848387
The worst is that people will actually believe OP and start repeating it as if it was true.
>>
>>148852292
It is true.
Read the fucking thread retard
>>
>>148852671
wow vulgar
>>
>>148847744
>Start with so much hype that your first episode actually breaks in to the top 10 in Japan TV

Go take a look at that top 10 ranking again, the fact that it got there once is already fucking incredible.
The top 7 is set in stone for the next century, one of the 3 left is reserved for whatever anime airs in the timeslot before Detective Conan and the last two for whoever gets luckier between Youkai Watch, Pokemon and Precure.
>>
Studiofags are some of the worst cancer on /a/. They derail perfectly good threads with their blind fanboy opinions. They're almost as bad as generals.
>>
>>148852671
The only other source posted is >>148851489 which also proves OP wrong, faggot.
>>
>>148848188
>Blood Blockade Battlefront's intro song was alright though. HELLO,WORLD forgettable but not bad enough to actively avoid.
>>
>>148848188
They're both amazing.
You just have shit taste.
>>
>>148847744
>Completely fucking bomb and lose more than half of your initially estimated pre-orders and never even so much as register in the top Japanese TV ratings after episode 1

So your thread is nothing but false information? You can look for yourself on Stalker and see this week's and last week's order numbers are performing at pretty much the same level as the week it first aired.

>>148848149
And assuming this isn't you, clearly this thread was made just to start shitposting.
>>
>>148848188
>>Trying this hard to shitpost
>>
>>148852671
If you read the thread you'd have noticed me posting things from /v/ and trying to pass them off as relevant to this topic.
>>
>>148852978
It actually flopped down in ratings like 80% after ep. 2 but then slowly climbed back to a half of what it started with and now dropping again.
What's your point?
Also it hurt the sales of the manga.
Fucking pathetic that shaft shit up everything they touch.
>>
>>148848188
End yourself.
>>
>>148853042
Nice falseflagging faggot.
>>
>>148853099
I don't think you know what that word means
>>
>>148852767
It only got there because of the IP, SHAFT had literally nothing to do with 3gatsu placing in the top 10 in its first week. It's in fact a testament to how badly they're fucking up the adaptation because it started with so much hype.
>>
>>148847744
>it flopped

Always remember it gained 3.9% TV ratings anon, one of the highest for a late night cartoon that even tops to some high rating kids shows like Yokai Watch and Detective Conan
>>
>>148847744
This series was never going to make for good tv. Source material is a really cute SoL/coming of age story with potential that has always been weighed down by shogi and useless literally-who-cares side characters.
>>
>>148853217
The adaptation is fucking great if you've actually read the source material.
>>
>>148848188
>Bump of Chicken
>who
>in japland

Redditfaggots get out
>>
>>148853338
You've never even read it. It's not cute at all there's a lot of drama with comedic/cute relief.

Also the shogi and side characters are great you just have shit taste.
>>
>>148853328
Youkai Watch yes, but Conan gets double that every week at minimum.
>>
>>148853338
Yet it got into the tops that were unchanged for decades.
And shogi is the main reason for that.
>>
>>148853397
I meant Pokemon. Conan was actually higher when I checked it out again
>>
>>148853338
Shogi was the fucking reason it's so popular now.
Are you mentally challenged?
>>
>>148847744
>OP has to create fake controversies to convince himself that 3-gatsu isn't AOTY
You can't make this shit up
>>
>>148853467
>this shitty boo hoo le shaft tilt face borefest
>aoty
Hah.
Yuri on ice spits in its direction.
>>
>>148853565
3.9% TV ratings
>>
>>148853394
>>148853414
>>148853445
The sisters adding color to Rei's life and their shared suffering has always been the main theme of the series. The shogi chapters are shit and just weigh it down. Not a compelling read at all, of course that's going to translate on screen.

Honey & Clover was much better.
>>
>>148853565
>Hah
You sound like such a fucking faggot, but I guess that's why you like Yuri!!! on Ice.
>>
Elevator scene was shit. At least there's no slides.
>>
>>148853620
>The sisters adding color to Rei's life and their shared suffering has always been the main theme of the series.
They have small arcs once in a while, 70% is Shogi. The main theme is Rei himself and most of the time he spends it playing or thinking about Shogi, even when the sisters appear they're almost never the focus, in fact most of the time they work as plot devices.
>The shogi chapters are shit and just weigh it down.
Except that's the reason why the manga is popular
>Not a compelling read at all, of course that's going to translate on screen.
(You)
>>
>>148853766
>that's the reason the manga is popular

No. Nobody seeks out Umino ttitles hinking "Oh boy, I can't wait for board game excitement!" You people are retarded.
>>
>>148853620
>The shogi chapters are shit and just weigh it down
80% of the manga is shit?
Wow, incredible how it's one of the most popular manga in all of japan when it's such garbage huh?

Try reading something first before talking out of your ass.
>>
>>148853839
>Nobody seeks out Umino ttitles hinking "Oh boy, I can't wait for board game excitement!"
That's literally why people love it.
You can stop shitposting at any moment.
>>
>>148853858
Not that I disagree with you, but popularity is a terrible argument. Japan likes a lot of garbage
>>
The moment OP was proved to be shitposting, thread should've been deleted

Unfortunately none of mods is watching so they won't even bother check it (if there was yurishit there would be at least one)
>>
>>148853858
>80% of the manga is shogi
>i've read it

pick one
>>
>>148853620
You have horrible taste anon, please leave.
>>
I think they hype killed 3gatsu for me, I expected the anime of the decade or damn close to it.
>>
>>148853989
still better than muricans
>>
>>148853565
So far there's no head tilting.
>>
>>148853043
>Also it hurt the sales of the manga.
Some kid throwing around figures he obtained through the internet after 2 weeks the anime debuted must surely know his business about marketing and sales of anime and manga in a foreign commerce.
Sorry to break this to you, but for all that pseudo knowledge you think you possess about the industry, you're just some teen shitposting in /a/ who probably doesn't even live in Nipland.
>>
>>148854615
>hating on the greatest nation in the world
Europoor pls
>>
>>148854583
Well, me too.
But I got anime of the century, so it worked out.
I think I rewatched the Rei playing with his father scene in ep 1 like 90 times after I finished it.
And I can't wait for the next episode already, it physically hurts.
>>
>>148854782
>assumptions and projecting the post
Good on you.
>>
>>148854782
What I mean is that you're opinion is as relevant as the opinion on some fat virgin neckbeard still living in his parents basement about how some 3D qt is a 2/10.
>>
>>148854827
Please proceed to show me OP's college degree in a publishing or marketing related career. Since he's speaking with so much confidence, at least show us his CV, because he at least must have some position in a publisher.
But nothing of that will ever happen as it's just another case of some kid's fantasy. Not a single shred of proof has been posted so far, and what's been hinted constitutes a terrible argument (popularity does not warrant artistic value).
If the anime flops, boo-hoo, that's too bad for SHAFT. Umino will keep drawing her manga. The magazine will keep selling. Her tankobons will keep selling. The live action will sell tickets. All because it's an already established series in a fucking huge consumerist economy.

You illiterate faggots have been consumed by your prideful ignorance and the American way of thinking. I recommend you follow Socrates guidance ('I know that I know nothing') and commit suicide asap.
>>
>>148855072
You think I'm reading all this shit?
Take your meds and try not sperging out next time
>>
File: 1469466680741.png (1MB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1469466680741.png
1MB, 1440x810px
>>148855114
Here's your you.
>>
What's with the recent trend of pretending popular things are flopping?
Same thing is happening with Hollywood movies.
>>
>>148855855
It's a good way of identifying stupid assholes. Once someone starts talking about something that is a success failing you know they have nothing interesting to say.
>>
>>148847744
nice bait.

First of all lets set the first major lie/bait of your initial thread to bed.

-the ip isn't even remotely popular in japan. It sold based purely on the name SHAFT and Shinbo

Unfortunately Shaft-fags have gotten used to incest, insane fan service and general lolicon pandering, and this show has none of it. The other thing shaft fags ar ehuge fans of is weird comedy. Again, none of that here.

Now your dumb ass is surprised it's not selling?

First of all, I've been watching anime since 1995, and have seen every Shaft anime they've released. I personally think this might be the best anime they've ever produced from a sound/animation style angle.

Solid B+ anime. (if you can't guess, no i'm not a shaft fan)

The problem is there is zero pandering in it. Otaku don't buy straight dramas. EVER. A melancholic anime without cute waifu bait =/= sales.

So the whole premiss of this thread is bullshit. As are all the people trolling this anime. This is probably the best done Shaft anime ever, and everyone is shitting on it because
a) they're shaft fags and this is nothing liek they're used to seeing.
b) they're anti-shaft trolls and the sales numbers make their point, so they can troll away without bothering to watch it, and simply assume it's shit.

Shame no one here can possibly watch an anime, decide if they like/hate it on their own without seeing sales numbers, the numbers on MAL, or Digibro's latest take. What the fuck happened to /a/? It used to be shit like this could find a relatively quiet audience around here, and the trolls would be rare, because the show would rarely break 80 posts when it airs.

Now all you dumb shits feel the need to shame people out of watching a show you yourself never bothered watching; even though it's actually rather well done. (and yes, I read the manga, and this is objectively superior to the manga, which was a mediocre snore fest)
>>
File: 1476560115481.jpg (1MB, 1282x1411px) Image search: [Google]
1476560115481.jpg
1MB, 1282x1411px
What was wrong with episode two?

I thought it was really good.
>>
>>148847744
I ABSOLUTELY love this manga and was waiting for an anime adaptation of it. Then fucking SHAFT picked it up. It's partly the author's fault anyway since she likes SHAFT.
>>
>>148856508
Everyone found out the waifu was a hooker
>>
>>148856551
>le shaft is bad

/a/ is the worst
>>
>>148856732
>shaft is bad
yes
>/a/ is the worst
also true
>>
>>148847744
It doesn't pander to either otaku nor fujo. Normalfags don't buy animu DVD. So disc sale is expected to be low. Otaku bought H&C because they wanted something different on that era Noitamina being new and all. .
>>
>>148856508
they realized that she's gonna lose to a middle schooler.
>>
>>148856804
It panders to shaftfags
who are otaku, so you're full of shit
>>
>>148856440

i only watch battle harems. opinion disregarded
>>
>>148856926
you only watch battle harems. my condolences for your brain.

must suck being born a retard.
>>
>>148856924
Only Sunrise has loyal fanbase.
>>
>>148856884
>lose

Kill yourself, not every female character is written to "win" the MC you fucking retard, go back to your waifu trash.

This place is cancer
>>
>>148856989
Fuck off
>>
>>148856508
I hate those weird faces on the hot bodies.
>>
>>148856440
>Unfortunately Shaft-fags have gotten used to incest, insane fan service and general lolicon pandering, and this show has none of it.
Neither do Hidamari Sketch, Madoka, most of the Monogatari series, and Zetsubou-sensei. And others.

>The problem is there is zero pandering in it.
Something isn't pandering just because you don't like it.

>Otaku don't buy straight dramas. EVER.
Otaku are not a monolith and not the only ones who watch anime.

>A melancholic anime without cute waifu bait =/= sales.
Are you sure you've been watching anime since 1995? You talk like someone who started last week and is just randomly repeating buzzwords to try to fit in.
>>
>>148856804
>Normalfags don't buy animu DVD.
And disc sales are irrelevant.

What's your point here retard? You do realize it's an NHK anime right? You do realize they don't give a flying fuck about disc sales right?

You do realize that just because something sells good amount of BDs it doesn't mean a lot of people watch it right? only otaku trash buy BD.

NHK cares about viewers, and this gets viewers, and it will get more and more as we go out of the first arc.
>>
>>148856989
you sound upset
>>
>>148856989
i mean, he's right. the younger sister is the romantic choice. stop being a salty cakefag
>>
>>148856804
>>148856924
I have never, not once, seen even a single proven incidence of pandering yet all anyone talks about these days is how everything is pandering.
>>
>>148856732
Give me an anime that SHAFT made that was ACTUALLY good in the past 5 years except for Monogatarishit and Madoka. I'm waiting faggot.
>>
Why do people engage this bait to argue about studios and production companies? This is stupid brand loyalty bullshit, little different from arguing about playstation vs xbox.
>>
>>148857038
>Are you sure you've been watching anime since 1995? You talk like someone who started last week and is just randomly repeating buzzwords to try to fit in.
i'm pretty sure. First anime was Ninja scroll, followed by akira and grave of fireflies. all rented at blockbuster. after that I was buying bootleg fan subs off yahoo message boards and (eventually) ebay.

Thank god for the internet. It made it a lot easier to watch this shit. even the old shit I couldn't get bootlegged/fan subbed.

As for random buzzwords, i'm responding to an idiot irritating troll thread. do you think I particularly put much thought into it? the main point was this section of my post.

>Shame no one here can possibly watch an anime, decide if they like/hate it on their own without seeing sales numbers, the numbers on MAL, or Digibro's latest take. What the fuck happened to /a/? It used to be shit like this could find a relatively quiet audience around here, and the trolls would be rare, because the show would rarely break 80 posts when it airs.

>Now all you dumb shits feel the need to shame people out of watching a show you yourself never bothered watching; even though it's actually rather well done. (and yes, I read the manga, and this is objectively superior to the manga, which was a mediocre snore fest)
>>
>>148857079
>name something objectively good we can clearly all agree on
>also exclude the 2 biggest titles, one of which is ongoing

kill yourself
>>
>>148857128
>As for random buzzwords, i'm responding to an idiot irritating troll thread. do you think I particularly put much thought into it?
Someone who has supposedly been watching since 1995 shouldn't even absent-mindedly say something like "waifu bait" and complain about "pandering."
>>
I hate the faces on females in this show
They looks creepy and uncomfortable
Like litte kids face mixed with a demon

And this faggot mc only cries all the time while a hot milf literally wants to get in his pants since picking him up on the street, what a fucking faggot asshole, he should just kill himself

Fucking garbage
>>
>>148857068
If that's the case, it's because the author wrote it that way, not because there was some competition that she won.
>>
File: forced animation.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
forced animation.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>148857231
>Someone who has supposedly been watching since 1995 shouldn't even absent-mindedly say something like "waifu bait" and complain about "pandering."

except waifu-bait is real, as is pandering. Though I don't blame you for thinking they're meme's. I thought the same thing about 'forced animation,' until i saw this.
>>
I wish the manga hadn't all but forgotten his sister. This shit with Hinata and her family is getting old fast. I want to know more about her fucked up relationship with the MC and I want to know more about her lover and his dying wife.
>>
>>148856508
>>148856884
Nah, otaku realized the only girl they are sexualizing is a cake for all purpose and intent, and otaku do not like cake.
>>
>>148857347
>I want to know more about her fucked up relationship with the MC and I want to know more about her lover and his dying wife
She likes teasing him, that's it, she's irrelevant
Gotou might get a chapter or 2 to finally be forgotten forever but who knows
>>
>>148857292
A waifu is a character, any character, that someone falls in love with for whatever reason. Nobody can predict or control that process.

Pandering has never been proven to exist, and it's actually just short for "I, as a proud Westerner, don't like this, so the creator must not like it either, and therefore it only exists because he is 'pandering.'" Also known as narcissism.

And what is forced animation supposed to be?
>>
File: 1471310805671.jpg (15KB, 404x309px) Image search: [Google]
1471310805671.jpg
15KB, 404x309px
>>148856440
It's been a while since i've read a long post on /a/, that really breaks the monotony. Finally there's someone who knows what they're talking about. Thanks.

>Now all you dumb shits feel the need to shame people out of watching a show you yourself never bothered watching

I don't know myself how this all gets started. Is /a/'s audience started to get younger?
>>
>>148857419
>Pandering has never been proven to exist, and it's actually just short for "I, as a proud Westerner, don't like this, so the creator must not like it either, and therefore it only exists because he is 'pandering.'" Also known as narcissism.

Nigga watch anything with Kyoani post 2008, that shit is pandering to the max. If you don't think it exists then you're either one of the people that it is pandering to and don't even know it or you're working for Kyoani.
>>
>>148857231
What's "keeping up with times"? Do you still want to still be spouting old memes when you're 60?
>>
>>148857501
>Nigga watch anything with Kyoani post 2008, that shit is pandering to the max.
Based on what evidence and/or reasoning?
>>
>>148856440
Preach.

Even though I didn't like said anime nor plan to watch it I appreciate the sentiment. From a fellow oldfag I tip my fedora to you.
>>
>>148857538
I see the game you're playing Hideaki-san, you can't fool me.
>>
>>148857641
I'm not playing any games. I am asking you to prove or argue what makes Kyoani's shows pandering.
>>
>>148857292
>waifu-bait is real
Yes. The trope has been present in about a quarter of the new series in each season since the 2000s. Back in the day we used words like harem, ecchi or fan service to describe poorly written series where the focus was cute girls doing cute shit while acting lewdly, animated in such a way to bring out the cuteness out of them.

>>148857419
>Pandering has never been proven to exist
Hahaha, what the fuck. How can someone be this delusional.
Specific genres cater to the specific tastes of their traditional audiences. That's one form of pandering.
But then you have that most series from the past 10 years centered around an otaku-type MC all have carried this message behind them about "it's OK mate, you're fucking weird but your life is worth living". This soothing, pandering effect, always out-weights the criticism of that life style, which is perfectly logic, because any studio challenging their audiences would cause a shitstorm. This concept has been around at least since Evangelion and Anno's critical views of otakuship.
>>
>>148853338
>Source material is a really cute SoL/coming of age story
>Cute

You haven't read it at all have you?
>>
>>148857662
I'm not gonna retype or break down why Kyoani is known to pander, even the losers they pander to know they're pandering you're either being willfully ignorant or are in denial of being one of said losers.
>>
>>148847744
Seems like an interesting animu, I like the cats
>>
File: HzoNyXI.jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HzoNyXI.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
>>148856440
I love the source material and find this to be a faithful adaptation with adorable art. I didn't even know it was SHAFT until I saw this shit thread.

This is broadcasting on NHK, BD sales are irrelevant. Even if they were relevant, you're right, it's sad so many people can't just take the plunge and either enjoy or not enjoy something quietly based on its own merits rather than the studio or seiyuu or whatever thing they're fagging out about.
>>
>>148857815
Read the thread. The OP has been proven wrong several times in the thread and was based on a misunderstanding of ratings and how the stalker numbers work.
>>
So the older adopted sister fucked him when he was in middle school, right?
>>
>>148857836
>sales = quality
trolling about low sales is the lowest kind of trolling.
>>
>>148857802
Not him, but gotta admit, Kyoani rarely panders with sexualization.
They only did it with guys (Free) and their tit pandering shows (Amagi and Phantom World).
What makes them distinct from most studios is that they do not, ever, sexualize lolis.
>>
>>148857859
>small cock faggots' wet dream
No. It is not as lowly a shit series as that.
The middle girl is the one who's gonna fuck him.
>>
>>148857687
>Yes.
No. As I said already:
>A waifu is a character, any character, that someone falls in love with for whatever reason. Nobody can predict or control that process.

>Back in the day we used words like harem, ecchi or fan service to describe poorly written series where the focus was cute girls doing cute shit while acting lewdly, animated in such a way to bring out the cuteness out of them.
A harem series is not necessarily poorly written, and ecchi is an element that exists in many different contexts. Monogatari, Seikon no Qwaser and Strike Witches all have ecchi in them but they're completely different from each other.

Cuteness is a regular part of anime.

>Hahaha, what the fuck. How can someone be this delusional.
I've had this debate many, many times. Every time people have failed to provide any evidence of its existence.

>Specific genres cater to the specific tastes of their traditional audiences. That's one form of pandering.
That's not what pandering means.

>But then you have that most series from the past 10 years centered around an otaku-type MC all have carried this message behind them about "it's OK mate, you're fucking weird but your life is worth living". This soothing, pandering effect, always out-weights the criticism of that life style, which is perfectly logic, because any studio challenging their audiences would cause a shitstorm.
Otaku work as writers, producers and designers in manga, light novels, anime and games, and just because you don't agree with something they write doesn't mean they are pandering. Not to mention that what they are writing is not necessarily meant to be relevant to the real world.

>>148857802
So you can't prove or argue that Kyoani panders. Then why do you believe they pander? Why are you expecting me to believe they pander?

>>148857876
Sexual content is not pandering just because it offends you.
>>
>>148857884
I've read the manga. I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about his compete bitch of an older sister of the family he was adopted into. There relationship is a bit weird and there is a strange flashback to when they lived together where he is lying down and she's hovering over top of him.
>>
>>148857876
Splitting hairs anon. Even though I hate their shit I can admit their art is always solid.
>>
>>148856440
>implying this wont sell

The title alone and its author is already an assurance that this will sell decently. And besides, this is a show from NHK with actual government funding coming from taxpayers. Lastly, it got one of the highest TV ratings for a late night show that surpassed morning kids shows like Pokemon and Yokai Watch so rest assured that this would never flop
>>
>>148857597
>Even though I didn't like said anime nor plan to watch it I appreciate the sentiment

That's ok, I might have said some positive things about this anime perhaps being the best one Shaft ever put out, or calling it a B+ anime. Doesn't mean it's high on my watch list. Unless i'm in the mood for something melancholic I can't imagine this will ever be high on my watch list.

I just was getting irritated by the straight trolling going on. I would normally ignore it. Back in the day I used to just avoid troll threads and let the idiots on the board be idiots. but back then SAGE was a real danger to threads. Now, thanks to the fucking catalogue it means nothing. Now troll shit gets to hang around all day.

This is easily one of the best anime airing this season based purely on direction, animation and music. The plot isn't bad either. OF COURSE this season is pure shit, with little worth watching (so the bar isn't high).

To see one of the few shows worth watching getting nothing but shit threads like this is embarrassing. /a/ has always had shit taste, but there was a time you could have threads about PLANTES, NATSUME or MUSASHI and generally enjoy watching something outside the mainstream that was well done and generally thoughtful. Now those types of anime are dead here. Its simply impossible to find anyone on /a/ willing to watch something 'different' without trolling the fuck out of it.

gotta prove you're a nonconformist by aligning your views as closely to /a/, MAL, and digibro as you can before posting here people. I thought the whole point of the AnonamousIB was to let people like what they like. Apparently you all think you're posting on your facebook page and are impressing someone with your generic mainstream thinking and trolling.

- of course, remember to conform perfectly /a/; Hibike is a brilliant production because waifus, animation, waifus and yuri-bait. they even had a swimsuit ep bro. it's ART DAMMIT, ART!
>>
>>148857897
>Sexual content is not pandering
Sexual content IS pandering, and I was saying that Kyoani hardly does it compared to any other studio, so I basically enforced what you said.
And no, it doesn't offend me, in fact I want more of it.
>>
>>148857897
>I've had this debate many, many times. Every time people have failed to provide any evidence of its existence.
If you've had this argument many times then you're one of the dudes they pander to and don't even know it. Nothing wrong with being a mouth breathing virgin anon.

>So you can't prove or argue that Kyoani panders. Then why do you believe they pander? Why are you expecting me to believe they pander?
see >>>148857802
>>
>>148857943
Well, Mr Smartass, every evidence points towards the show not selling many discs at the very least.
Obviously this isn't the kind of show that expected disc sales in the first place, and they don't need it either, but only looking at those it would be a flop.
>***,961位/***,887位 (***,393 pt) [*,**1予約] 2017/01/25 3月のライオン 1(完全生産限定版) [Blu-ray]
>>
>>148857903

Technically its isn't explicit but you'd have to be pretty literalist to think otherwise.
>>
>>148858005
This is an NHK show. BDs are irrelevant. Also, 3.9% TV rating
>>
File: 1249733031.jpg (9KB, 329x185px) Image search: [Google]
1249733031.jpg
9KB, 329x185px
Is SHAFT really even that popular? They've become the posterboy of pretentious jackoffs who sit around sniffing their own farts and praising them. I mean, I guess it's cool and all that they adapted Bakemonogatari--an insanely popular series, which by default sold well due to the insanely large fanbase--but in general SHAFT shows actually don't perform very well. What was that show, Salami something? The one about the NEET goddess. It bombed. And then there was Vampire Bund, which was so shit even the lolicon fanbase it was supposed to be pandering to didn't like it. SHAFT isn't like Kyoani; Kyoani always finds a way, but SHAFT falls flat on their faces as often as not.
>>
>>148857962
See the thing is most of the otaku's Kyoani panders to don't watch anime with ecchi or battle harems. Younger viewers are the ones that watch shows with tits and ass, or battle harems. The dudes that buy the Kyoani shit are those "herbivore" men who unironically prefer 2d imaginary waifu's over real women.
>>
>>148856804
>stating something based of a premise that's been disproved earlier in the thread
can you just fucking kill yourself for the good of everyone around you
>>
>>148857946
Savage,

About time someone laid the wood to the shit on this board. This board has been buried in shit for too long.
>>
File: www.chessvariants.com.gif (65KB, 640x557px) Image search: [Google]
www.chessvariants.com.gif
65KB, 640x557px
Let's Shogi.
>>
>>148858062
Why are you repeating yourself? Yes, I got it, and I told they don't need disc sales and they knew it won't sell well.
>>
>>148857962
>Sexual content IS pandering
Ok, so professionals all hate sexual content and only do it when they are forced to or when they want to exploit people for money. But there are people who like it, because otherwise there would be nobody to pander to. What is preventing those people from becoming professionals themselves? Well, nothing at all. Which is why there are plenty of professionals who do like sexual content. How are they pandering when they make something they like?

Sexual content is a pretty normal aspect of manga and anime. Attitudes towards it are very different in Japan than in the West. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean nobody else does.

>And no, it doesn't offend me, in fact I want more of it.
And yet you are complaining about it. Cognitive dissonance much?

>>148857983
>If you've had this argument many times then you're one of the dudes they pander to and don't even know it.
There is no "pandering."

>see >>148857802
I just replied to it. See >>148857897

>>148858075
>See the thing is most of the otaku's Kyoani panders to
How are they pandering to them?
>>
>>148858075
Tits and ass in face kind of ecchi is for teens, sure.
But there is always sexualization for older audience, and that is something Kyoani doesn't do.
>>
>>148857876
Otaku are purityfags they want pure waifus which Kyoani provide by the truckload, that's how they're pandering to them.
>>
>>148858113
I've been actually playing shogi ever since I read the manga for the first time and I hold a pretty decent rating in the dojo.

Even got the apps to follow the tournaments and shit.

Thanks sangatsu for taking even more of my time I could use to do something productive.
>>
>>148857946
>makes a point about people liking what they want to like and not trolling
>ends with bottom tier hibike shitposting
why'd you have to fuck up your post
>>
>>148857859
>>148857903
Umino left it ambiguous. They both seem to be fully clothed at the time so she may have just been trying to intimidate him.
>>
>>148858128
>And yet you are complaining about it.
I think you are a retarded autist who don't even know who you are talking to.
I never complained about it. Pay fucking attention when replying.
>>
>>148857946
You're pretty out of touch with the board if you honestly think the general sentiment about hibike is what you posted.
>>
>>148858086
Stating what?
This is normalfag anime. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>148857662
>>148857897
For starters, name 10 female characters designed to be objectively ugly from a KyoAni show ever since K-ON aired.
Isn't it a bit strange that these days most female characters from popular shows are designed with attractiveness in mind, even the secondary 'plain looking' girls? They're all somewhat fashionable, they have great haircuts and rarely get a bad hair day, they wear cute accessories, they're don't have fat tummies, fat arms or fat legs. No, they have cute noses, cute faces, big eyes, big chests, big butts. They don't develop pimples, they don't have acne. They don't have scars. I mean, I sure wished I lived inside the 2D world created by a KyoAni production team. I could be a regular Joe with average looks that gets to interact with cute girls only, girls that rarely wear loose fitting clothes. It's basically waifu-bait.

And from a visual direction's perspective, there are always these seemingly random shots where they bring out the attractiveness in a character without being too obvious. Sure, it's subtle, it might be even tasteful, but it's there anyway. It's just one of those studio trademarks that they know sell well in their romance SoLs.
>>
>>148858116
Well, let's see. But welp, only autists in Japan buy BDs anyways
>>
>>148858150
I don't particularly dislike hibike either. Just pointing out it's not particularly admirable. Frankly outside of Keijo!!!!!! and Occultic;nine (and those massive tatas that one chick is bouncing around with), its one of the main pandering shows of the season.

It's call contrast. One anime gets generally positive waifu-faggery threads, the other gets trolled mercilessly. Neither deserve it, but it's the same shit taste and conformist mindset that causes it.
>>
>>148858182
Welcome to media. People like looking at pleasing depictions of the human form in literally every visual art form you utter retard.
>>
>>148858151
Yeah, that's why I asked. I think it's likely, given that he got into a fight over her (And got his ass kicked) and when they talk he's always thinking about how much they're bad for each other but still is mildly obsessive over her.
>>
>>148858165
>You're pretty out of touch with the board if you honestly think the general sentiment about hibike is what you posted.

there certainly is a minor and vocal trolling group of everything kyoani as well. however generally speaking kyoani has far more fans then trolls around here.
>>
>>148850558
>The problem is that a series like this has no real audience it could pander to, so obviously no sales.

This is pretty much the root of the problem with modern anime, though - you have to pander to get sales because that's the only audience left these days.
>>
>>148858259
So sad, I'm enjoying the show.
>>
>>148858136
>they want pure waifus which Kyoani provide by the truckload
No character can intrinsically be a waifu, and a waifu is not some kind of commodity that can be mass produced.

>>148858164
You called it pandering, i.e. you complained about it.

>>148858182
>For starters, name 10 female characters designed to be objectively ugly from a KyoAni show ever since K-ON aired.
It's rare to see ugly characters in anime, it has nothing to do with Kyoani in particular.

>They don't develop pimples, they don't have acne. They don't have scars.
Yes, surely this is a special feature of Kyoani and not the norm for anime in general.

> It's basically waifu-bait.
No. As I said already:
>A waifu is a character, any character, that someone falls in love with for whatever reason. Nobody can predict or control that process.

Nowhere in your post do you actually argue how Kyoani panders to anyone. You just explain that their characters are attractive. That is not pandering.

>>148858211
>its one of the main pandering shows of the season.
How?

>>148858259
>you have to pander to get sales
I'm still waiting for someone to demonstrate that pandering exists.
>>
>>148850558
Read the thread, the ratings are still as good as they were, OP was shitposting/is retarded. Nice explanation though.
Did you ever think about becoming a theoretical physicist, m90?
>>
>>148858289
>No character can intrinsically be a waifu, and a waifu is not some kind of commodity that can be mass produced.

That's exactly how it is though.
Miku is not even a character yet she has an obscene amount of merch, exactly because she makes a good waifu.
>>
>>148858218
He definitely had a thing for her, but I kind of doubt they actually had sex if the only evidence is that one flashback. Rei seems like the type to get obsessive over girls; just look at how he's being with Hina, acting like she's his fiancee when she doesn't even know he's in love with her.
>>
>>148858128
>There is no "pandering."
From you autistic delusional perspective maybe not, in the real world it's what they're known for.
>How are they pandering to them?
They make "sol" anime with cute girls doing cute things who are frail, pigeon toed, "autistic", having "normal" conversations, all the while the men are all bland self inserts, while girls either ignore them or yuri bait just to keep things interesting. The demographic they pander to are socially inept outcasts who spent their school days in the nurses office or alone, they grew up to buy Kyoani garbage only coming out of their holes to buy the latest idol/anime overpriced merchandise or instant ramen in bulk from a warehouse.
>>
>>148858259
>This is pretty much the root of the problem with modern anime, though - you have to pander to get sales because that's the only audience left these days.
Only if you're going for DVD/Blu-ray sales though. Kyokai no Rinne is going on to get a third season in spite of its disc sales being negligible.
>>
>>148858289
Holyshit this guy is autistic as fuck, get out of the fucking house anon please we don't want to hear about someone finding your body under all your anime shit.
>>
>OP baits retards with misinformation
>Retards make up more misinformed theories that explain or validate OP's misinformation

Threads like these have absolutely no worth, everything about this is wrong. It shouldn't be like this, /a/.
>>
>>148858372
>only

You say that as if it's that not what at least 3/4 of the industry lives or dies by, though. There are of course exceptions and external factors, but if your sales do poorly your average show is fucked. Especially if it's an already rare original show.
>>
>>148858289
The pandering comes in the form of using stereotypical character archetypes (i.e. the tsundere, the loli, the big tits girl, etc.)
Using obvious misunderstandings to cause contrived drama.
Excessive Fanservice.
Carchphrases/speech quirks.
Not to mention the overly "cute" character designs.

These kind of things are a lot more common in anime these days cause it's the quickest way to make sales.
>>
>>148854583
Are you diagnosed? Or underage? The hype is never real, you should always ignore it if you want to enjoy things.
>>
>>148858333
>That's exactly how it is though.
It isn't and it can't be.

>Miku is not even a character yet she has an obscene amount of merch, exactly because she makes a good waifu.
I have an expensive Miku figure and a Miku game but that doesn't mean she is my waifu. Being a fan of a character doesn't mean she must be your waifu.

>>148858353
>They make "sol" anime with cute girls doing cute things who are frail, pigeon toed, "autistic", having "normal" conversations
You are talking about K-On and Lucky Star only. They've made many shows besides those two. Not that K-On and Lucky Star are pandering just because you don't like their content.

>all the while the men are all bland self inserts
There are no male protagonists or any male characters to speak of in K-On or Lucky Star, and self-insertion is a Western meme anyway.

>yuri bait
It's not bait just because you don't like it.

>The demographic they pander to are socially inept outcasts who spent their school days in the nurses office or alone
Kyoani has a broader audience than typical late night fare, and what relevance does it have whether some or many of their viewers are socially inept?

>>148858395
How am I autistic?

>>148858449
None of those things are pandering.
>>
>>148858086
u wot?

This is basically your average East Asian Drama that your average Japanese Japanimation fan hates. This IS a normalfag cartoon
>>
>>148856804
Nice explanation, the fact that OP was wrong and stalker is as good now as it was before kinda ruins it though. Don't worry, maybe you will be able to show off your wisdom next time.
>>
>>148858489
>none of those things are pandering
Do you know what the word "pander" even mean?

It means to cater to/gratify/accomodate someones interests. What this means is that the Anime industry is so focused on sales, that any original concept or idea that enters the production process is immediately denied because it's not pandering to the general audience.
>>
>>148856440
Funnily enough I think the problem is people who have been anon for so long that it actually become an identity. For example it always surprises me when people bother damage controlling when they fuck up because they're literally no one here, and yet they feel they need to try and rectify a situation with absolutely no ties to them whatsoever. Everyone can be anyone in a thread, and yet they're attached their own identity to what is essentially nothing and has absolutely nothing to do with them as a person for all intents and purposes. It's bizzare.
>>
>>148858557
Because for some people pride is more important than reputation, dumbass.
>>
>>148858489

>Kyoani has a broader audience than typical late night fare, and what relevance does it have whether some or many of their viewers are socially inept?

You just gave yourself away. We're done.
>>
>>148858419
But this is not an original + it's not as rare as you think that boosting sales of the source or selling merch is more important than BD sales
>>
>>148858534
>Do you know what the word "pander" even mean?
Someone is pandering when they are creating content because they are forced to or because they are cynically trying to exploit people for money by appealing to their alleged vices.

What pandering means in the anime community is Japanese creators making content that is somehow sexual or cute in nature, or is perceived as such. Or some other kind of content that Westerners don't like. Western viewers are thought to be the center of the anime world; anything that appeals to them is a product of artistic freedom and vision while anything that doesn't appeal to them is pandering and baiting. It's ethnocentrism and narcissism.

>any original concept or idea that enters the production process is immediately denied because it's not pandering to the general audience
And yet we see those concepts and ideas on a regular basis. Well, at least those of us who actually watch anime.
>>
>>148858676
How did I give myself away? What exactly did I give away?
>>
>>148858489
Google autism symptoms then think really hard about your past social interaction(if any). Remember to not stack your shit above you waist.
>>
>>148858667
you seem to be conflating pride with autism, anon.
>>
>>148858716
Not sure if autism is the right word, but pride IS some kind of mental deficiency.
>>
>>148858690
>What pandering means in the anime community is Japanese creators making content that is somehow sexual or cute in nature, or is perceived as such. Or some other kind of content that Westerners don't like. Western viewers are thought to be the center of the anime world; anything that appeals to them is a product of artistic freedom and vision while anything that doesn't appeal to them is pandering and baiting. It's ethnocentrism and narcissism.
This autist has never been to a comiket, kek.
>>
>>148858712
If you can't explain what makes me autistic, why did you accuse me of being autistic? Maybe you should think before you post.
>>
>>148858729
Especially when you're deriving "pride" from 4chan interactions.
>>
>>148858731
How am I autistic, and what does Comiket have to do with this?
>>
>>148858744
>>148858729
>>148858716
t. numales with no self respect.
>>
>>148858830
If you honestly feel like your sense of self respect is being threatened by anonymous conversation about anime then the only beta faggot here is you, my man.
>>
>>148858744
People can't stand being ridiculed/proven wrong/etc, even if they are anonymous, because of their excessive pride. It's not saving their name or anything like this, they do it for themselves and their own opinion about themselves.

>>148858830
I respect myself, I care if my friends and family respect me, but I don't care too much whether /a/utists respect me.
>>
>>148857193
See, you can't name because that's the ONLY anime they can make. They should stop picking up IPs and stick to what they do best.
>>
>>148858859
If you can't even came out on top in a discussion about anime on an a message board, how much of a beta do you have to be in real life?
>>
>shaft thread
>its all about kyoani

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>148858956
Maybe it's a bad parallel, but big dogs don't give a shit about small dogs barking at them, they only exert their dominance when it's needed (a small dog comes at them or their female, tries to eat their food).
>>
>>148849438
>Nisekoi was pretty successful
Too bad they fucked up Season 2.
>>
>>148858404
It's the retarded anusfags that are keeping this thread alive. They just see anything negative about SHAFT and immediately assume it's true because all they care about is rooting for their studio.
>>
>>148847744
Hmm...at first I thought there was going to be a Ket-ai punchline.

I'm just disappointed now.
>>
>>148848919
Nobody said that about Shigatsu. Nobody with half a brain cell anyway.
>>
>>148858970
Kyoani and Shaft are like water and air on /a/. Completely different elements but they need each other on /a/.
>>
>>148858830
kill yourself, my dude.
>>
>>148859708
SHAFT is literally just coasting on reputation at this point. You are vastly overestimating their staying power on /a/. The moment any up-and-coming studio whos name people are at least familar with here manages to strike oil with a mega-hit, SHAFT is gonna be tossed to the wayside like a cum rag.

There was a time when people actually liked SHAFT for SHAFT, but they literally just play foil to Kyoani nowadays because there haven't been any real viable alternatives to replace them.
>>
>>148860813
Do you people even actually watch anime?
>>
BUILT

FOR

_____
>>
>>148847951
>White Fox
yes because Matoi is a beacon of quality
>>
>>148847744
That's a shame, I loved Honey and Clover back in the day.
>>
>tfw shaft will die in your lifetime
>>
>>148858709
Probably that you're a KyoAni-fan, who have a reputation on /a/ for being dumb studio-warriors trying to cause artificial shitstorms all the time by posting stalker threads whenever the seasonal KyoAni-show is ranking high, or a positive article about them is posted on a news-website about the anime industry, and just keep posting GodAni or KinoAni and other buzzwords in an attempt to annoy everyone else by repeating the same old facts constantly.

Doesn't matter if you're really a KyoAni-studiowarrior or not, that's now your reputation.
Fortunately for you, you're anonymous, and thus you don't have to prove that you're not.
>>
>>148862209
I mean let's not pretend as if any Stalker threads aren't cancerous
>>
>>148847744
What is this obsession with popularity and sales lately on /a/ and the anime fandom as a whole? Who gives a fuck especially in a industry, where succes is dictated by a small population of dedicated otakus. Are you guys listening to music or watching movies depending on how much bank they make in the box office two weeks in?
Like what the fuck. If it bombs it bombs, you still have a nice 12 episode series, its not like they will stop broadcasting it and if it gets successful cool be happy the industry is still going even if you dislike the show.

I get people like shitposting but this is such a retarded non-issue that i cant wrap my head around. Only anime fans on /a/ seem to base the quality of a product by the reception of the majority. Commercial success≠Excellent show, my dudes.
Make up your own mind and watch what you want to watch. If we go by the opinion of the majority every dude in here who watches anime is a fat weaboo, who only has anime to live and dreams to live in the most superior country of the world, japan one day.
>>
>>148865523
It's a bunch of Stalker thread autist shitposting in the threads of every show.
>>
>>148865546
I dont like this mentality dripping into everything nowadays. Even Stalker threads are fine, if you just want to discuss the popularity and success of a show unrelated to quality. But i see way too many people dismiss things for being too popular or not popular enough instead of just voicing their own opinion. Maybe its due to the people on here getting younger, I dont know.
>>
>>148865767
>Even Stalker threads are fine
No they aren't
>>
>>148865789
I mean they are not fine the way they are now and have been since forever but i think they could be, if people werent that stupid and hell-bent on shitposting. Just trying to be fair.
>>
>>148865874
Yeah but that line of arguing is like saying that JoJo threads are fine
>>
>>148851332
Yeah, no. No one cares about Re:Zero, I haven't even watched the first episode and never will.
>>
>>148865929
I dont frequent those, i get turned off by the extreme gayness, but i guess its all in good fun. I hope.
>>
>>148866076
It's literally /v/ and has always been.
And that's in addition to being a cancerous general
>>
>>148848014
Can't he just rehab his fingers?
>>
>sheep posting in a shitpost thread
>>
>>148856440
Just hide shitposts and move on. It's the difficult and that simple.
>>
Fuck you all, it's an alright adaptation
>>
File: 1390990105468.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1390990105468.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
They could have made S5 instead of this shit.
>>
>>148847744
So this is mainly about some shitty nip game called Shogi? Guess I'll skip it
>>
>>148867615
>not knowing what chess is
Retards not welcome
>>
>>148848014
Which little girl is going to die at the end? Or will it be the cake
>>
>>148867760
They all die in a shogi accident
>>
>>148867615
no it's about some self-insert who beat his dad to death now he's all emo or some shit
>>
>went to sleep
>this shitposting bait thread is still alive
I thougth shaftfags were better than this, just ignore it and go on
>>
File: 1476804146427.jpg (95KB, 897x869px) Image search: [Google]
1476804146427.jpg
95KB, 897x869px
>>148868184
>being an ____fag of any type in the first place except maybe gayfag
>>
>>148868174
>some self-insert who beat his dad to death now he's all emo or some shit
so why is this supposed to be some sort of masterpiece then?
>>
Any good place to play shogi against others online?
>>
>>148853620
>Honey & Clover was much better.
nah, it was the same. the difference is probably that you werent such a stuck up shit back then, if you even read it at all.
>>
>>148847744
Boring MC made even more boring by SHAFTs pretentious styling. Girls were cute though.
>>
>>148856440
>insane fan service and general lolicon pandering, and this show has none of it
and that's why it sucks ass
>>
>>148868368
Because he's talking out his ass.

His parents and little sister died in a car crash years ago and he was taken in by his dads shogi playing friend, who was his opponent in the first episode. He moved out after going pro because his presence was basically ruining the family simply by him being there.
>>
>>148869238
For the cancer of the industry it does suck for that very reason. Cute girls are a must sadly otherwise their brains shutdown.
>>
A dubs thread again? Alright check'em
>>
Either make a seinen anime where you deal with depression and manly themes or make a moe anime to attrac the "comfy" crowd.
Neither market groups want a mixture of both.
>OH god life sucks I should kill myself
>cry myself to sleep
followed by
>UGUUU moeblobs screaming
This show has no right to be popular
>>
3rd episode was shafted so much it was painful to watch
>>
>>148870536
You don't enjoy head turns and dynamic staging getting in the way of characters interacting?
>>
>>148865523

Cause dumb anime fans care more about the social media aspects of things and seeing their backed show or studio "BTFOing" some other rival show and having praised the show that's the most "hype" thing of the season or week or whatever. Current gen social media influenced anime fans are awful and don't actually care about decent entertainment and not just enjoying something without having to act like shit heads about another. That's what you get when most of your fans are just casual people coming from social media hubs like twitter, reddit, crunchyroll etc now who just consume only the most "popular" anime because it's cool to have on your status or something
>>
>>148865767

Man Stalker thread people don't even know where the site is or what it even tracks, they just read the OP and react to it with shitposts. There is no actual R2 sales or preorders discussion on /a/ even if it appears to be obsessed with them
>>
>>148848188
Kill yourself.

>>148850365
>ED is forgettable
Watch the full version retard, it's fucking amazing. Even the MV is great.
If you still think so then kill yourself for having terminal shit taste.

>>148868222
>gayfag
End yourself.
>>
>>148869238
>insane fan service
Keijo has the most fanservice this entire season and its one of the worst selling shows, explain that one
>>
File: 1473292224513.jpg (101KB, 513x486px) Image search: [Google]
1473292224513.jpg
101KB, 513x486px
>>148856440
>-the ip isn't even remotely popular in japan.

This is weak bait.
>>
>>148871349
Old girls.
>>
Hibike keeps free falling in the rankings while 3gatsu keeps climbing. In a few hours 3gatsu will be higher
>***,240位/***,240位 (**1,742 pt) [*,**7予約] 2016/12/21 響け!ユーフォニアム2 1巻 [Blu-ray]
>***,366位/***,494位 (***,415 pt) [*,**1予約] 2017/01/25 3月のライオン 1(完全生産限定版) [Blu-ray]
>>
>>148849148
Three words: Violet Ever Garden.
>>
>>148871841
We all know it's going to be underwhelming. Remember how hyped people were for Kyokai no Kanata after the CM aired? Same pattern.
>>
>>148849636
>there are a bunch of scenes that they fucked up royally
Explain now. I'm a manga reader and I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>148857128
You're not impressing anybody on a message board.
>>
>>148871915
Not him but someone keeps repeating that in the threads and the only answer I've ever gotten is that they don't like how bright/colorful the light hearted scenes are and that its not dark enough compared to the manga.
>>
File: meanwhile-at-sunrise.jpg (98KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile-at-sunrise.jpg
98KB, 960x540px
>Shaftfags and kyoanifags arguing again
>>
>>148847744
To be objective, i doubt 3gatsu would sell weel if done by any other studio than KyoAni. Even Made by JC Staff with HnC staff, it unlikely to be big hit.

The issue with Shaft though is its extremely boring direction.
>>
>>148872386
Didn't a Sunrise producer basically said that they were about to go bankrupt if it wasn't for LL?
>>
>>148872295
The anime is literally adapting the manga panel-by-panel. Are they actually arguing that the anime isn't doing the dramatic and introspective moments correctly? Those are done beautifully.
At this point I think it's just shitposting or complaining for the sake of complaining.
>>
>>148848860
Talented stuff length left.
>>
>>148858182
>Isn't it a bit strange that these days most female characters from popular shows are designed with attractiveness in mind, even the secondary 'plain looking' girls?
Why are you acting as if this is a novelty concept? Attractive female characters have always existed.
>>
>>148870748
Its really the social media aspect, you can see that shit everywhere nowadays. In the past i only saw that between sony, microsoft and nintendo. But nowdays everyone does it hardcore nerds and normalfags alike. With all the good things social media brought to us, i think it fucked way more shit up. Just look at this election its the same shit, a fucking joke. We need a few years till people really get used to the internet.
>>
>>148847744
>Put your absolute best director on it
First episode sucked dog's shit dick put in tapeworms also that animation and draw quality was below fucking Kill La Meme
>>Completely fucking bomb and lose more than half of your initially estimated pre-orders and never even so much as register in the top Japanese TV ratings after episode 1
It bombed rightfully and this is coming from someone who considers Honey&Clover as one of his favourite shows.
I hope the director commits seppuku after this.
>>
>>148871511
Jesus christ please let this happen. The Kyoanusfags have been so insufferable lately and this would shut them up.
>>
>>148872669
>another idiot that cant read charts and takes the bait
>>
>>148871349
People want that moe/purity fanservice. The lewd stuff is supposed to happen later in their head through merch or doujins. The anime is like a date to get used to the characters and get familiar with them, just a tease here and there is enough. Thats how i think it is nowadays. Straight forward fanservice with mature looking characters aint working anymore. One could say its even worse. I like the straight forward stuff more than this weird moeshit.
>>
>>148872433
Sunrise will never go bankrupt as long as they own gundam. And considering unicorn was still releasing at the time I really doubt it with how crazy well its bd sold on top of the insane kit sales.
>>
Shaft is so bad nowadays, they cant even adapt best and most popular Nishio`s work properly - having Zaregoto be a failure due to their lazy monogatari rehashing with no creativity and talent.
>>
>>148872724
Are you Retarded? This early in the season I'd be far more concerned with rank trends than estimated total preorders.

3gatsu looks like its trending up, and even more assuredly, Hibike has been consistently falling for weeks now.
>>
>>148872956
see >>148872724

Learn to read charts and what the numbers mean and how they change, than come back.
>>
>>148872449
>Those are done beautifully.
Those are heavy-handed. The direction lacks subtlety. Look at the puke scene: in the manga is a simple thing, but in the anime is depicted with a poetic and flashy filter. C'mon!
>>
>>148872956
What i would like to know, why are you interested in sales to that extent? Do you follow the sales of your favourite musicians like that too? Or the last movie you have seen. What do sales tell you about the quality of the show?
>>
Episode 03 is out?
>>
>>148858259
This happens in any market, and it happened with older anime too. Making a product usually costs money, and usually people want to make money off of their products.
>>
>>148857128
I feel like you're featured somewhere in here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZmRw9o63RM
>>
>AOTY Sangatsu no lion
>AOTS Yuri or FlipFlappers
>Big4 Takkyuu Musume, Drifters, Haikyu, Hibike

best season for several years
>>
>>148874086
Being AOTY implies it is also AOTS, retard.
>>
>>148872956
>trending upward
>comparing a show on its airing day vs a show that aired 3 days ago
>>
>>148874174
Hibike didn't really get a significant boost after ep 3 aired. It's obvious people aren't liking it.
>>
File: finds a way.jpg (139KB, 967x600px) Image search: [Google]
finds a way.jpg
139KB, 967x600px
>>148874206
Yeah, they HATE it.
>>
>>148874371
Wasn't that a stream re-run of S1? Post the one for episode 2 and 3 of S2
>>
>>148874206
Still higher than 3gatsu so it means they like it more than shaft
>>
>>148874371
What am I looking at?
>>
>>148873065
THIS
>>
>>148874465
97% liked episode 1

2.1% liked episode 2

0.4% liked episode 3

and the expectations for episode 4 and 5 are really really low.
>>
>>148876709
Why would you lie, fucker?

First is "it was good", 2nd "it was rather good", 3rd "it was normal", 4th "it wasn't too good" and 5th is "it wasn't good".
>>
Shaft is having a bad year
>>
>>148876964
>trolling
>>>/b/
>>
>>148877024
"The quality of posts is extremely important to this community."
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.