[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 8

Find a flaw.
>>
Can't. Marvelous film.
>>
>>146711556
It's boring and it's not Mononoke hime
>>
>>146711556
>laugh lines
>>
Those out of place Puma and E.T. product placements
>>
Boring as hell.
>>
>>146711556

The farm sections go on too long, and I was confused with what happened to her first crush.
>>
>>146711556
childhood flashbacks were very sweet

the farming parts were almost as boring as actual farmin
>>
>>146712422
>>146712323
>>146712341
>>146712237
It's not a children's film. Should probably stick to your battle shonens.
>>
>>146712237
"boring" first baby's criticism, lmao.

You cant say anything more subsantial? That means you have shit taste.
>>
Boring is not a flaw. Go back to watch your shounen battle shit.
>>
>>146712920
It literally is.

Subject matter needs to be engaging.
>>
>>146712986
Say something more substantial about it other than its "boring". People who say something is boring of ten dont have anything more smart to say. If it was boring it was just not for you or your cup of tea. Its an iyashikei anime, its meant to be slow and boring and enjoyed for that. Go educate yourself. And list some real flaws if you can pleb.
>>
>>146711556
>those boring ass conversations between the MC and her cousin

I almost fell asleep at those parts. Doesn't Takahata understand that dialogue is supposed to be written? We're watching a movie not going to a fucking family picnic.
>>
>>146712986
boring isn't an actual flaw though
it's a subjective argument
>>
>>146712986

It is engaging, it just doesn't appeal to you. That's not the same thing.
>>
>>146712674

>Boring is not a flaw

Boring is literally the greatest sin in film-making. Do you want me to elaborate?

>There is nothing dynamic about the animation. A story is not being told through movement.
>It sabotages pacing between the vastly more interesting childhood sections.
>There isn't even any conflict until the very end. If the characters are not trying to overcome something, why should we care?
>The characters are not particularly charismatic, so you can't be entertained from their mere presence.

If I'm not entertained, and I'm not gaining anything practical, then it's a flaw.
>>
>>146713128
I am stating that you are not entertained because of your childish mentality unlike the adults among us. Perhaps when you are no longer a teenager you might understand the film better.
>>
>>146713086
Thats what a pleb would say. Show is always > tell. You really have shit taste. Go watch some mushishi and learn.
>>
>>146713158
You sound incredibly childish. I hope you know that.
>>
File: Roujin-z.jpg (40KB, 297x419px)
Roujin-z.jpg
40KB, 297x419px
Find a flaw.
>>
>>146713128
>conflicts.
Yeah. It needed a villian retard. Go look up what is Iyashikei. The characters were all charismatic and very down to earth, go back to shounen op haracters. There is conflict, but its very subtle. Its about notsalgia, moving forward and reminescing your past which is introwove with your present so it give you a mono no aware feeling.
>>
>>146713158

>I am stating that you are not entertained because of your childish mentality unlike the adults among us. Perhaps when you are no longer a teenager you might understand the film better.

*Tip*

I literally explained why I don't like it beyond "boring" and you still can't accept it. I love Thin Red Line, because the long environmental shots with voiceover felt like they had a point, and wasn't just Ghibli jacking off over how great the planet is.
>>
>>146713128

In order:
-Dynamic animation, whatever that means, would be out of place for a film of this nature.
-The childhood sections are supposed to be snippets of how she came to be who she is and her somber, nostalgic attachment to the town. They explain her, and her conflict.
-The conflict was always present, it just wasn't brought to a head until the climax.
-The lack of charisma is also intentional as they're now "boring adults" rather than the much more energetic and whimsical children they were.

You must have been hard to teach in school.
>>
>>146713189
>repeating someones point back to them
You know that is what children do on the playground right. You have literally just said "I know you are but what am I then". It is reasonable to assume that children and teens will find it difficult to understand a film like this and not connect with it very much compared those that are older.

Essentially you'll get it when you're older kid.
>>
>>146713189
No, he is true. You will appreciate this anime when you are older and not an edgy teen. By older I mean about 25 or more.

Its the same thing with Non Non Biyori. You appreciate it more if you have your own kids and remember you childhood. It captures the childhood innocence perfectly. Plebs all over /a
>>
>>146713223

That promotional poster is fucking weird considering the subject matter.
>>
>>146713158
Not sure if you're being ironic here

this sounds too much like bait
>>
>>146713253
I am not arguing with you over whether you think it is boring or not. You can think that all you like. Just telling you that the reason you find it boring is because of your childish mentality.
>>
>>146713158
>I am stating that you are not entertained because of your childish mentality unlike the adults among us

jesus dude. I'm down with the whole enjoying slower movies but you just sound like jackass
>>
Why do teens even watch this movie if they dont understand it? You should be at least way over 20 to watch this. Im pretty sure if I was an edgy 18 year old teen I would find this movie boring too.
>>
>>146711556
Boring movie.
>>
>>146713338
It isn't to do with enjoying slower moves, the subject matter alone stops children from appreciating it because they are unable to relate to the feelings of the characters.
>>
>>146713239

You don't need a "villain" you just need something to challenge the characters. I'm not talking about the general film, I'm talking about those long drawn out sessions of talking on the farm where they explain things they show us anyways. The characters were not charismatic; if I saw them on a bus, I'd forget them in a few hours.

>go back to shounen op haracters

Are you fifteen? You remind of fifteen year olds who watch 8 1/2 and suddenly think they're the smartest thing around. I like some Shounen, yes, but I also like Orson Welles, Renoir, and Kurosawa. Just because I didn't like everything about this film doesn't mean I don't like it, it just means that, like every film, it's flawed.
>>
You know a movie is good when the plebs the most what can say about it: it is "boring". Number one criticism of edgy casuals.
>>
>>146713388
that's the failure of the artist to convey his message

a skilled writer can draw empathy out by using relateable imagery
>>
>>146713421
you sound butthurt as fuck
>>
>>146713397

you dont like it =/= flawed.
>>
>>146713436
It isn't a film for children not making it enjoyable for children isn't a failure. That's like saying this potato is a failure because it doesn't taste like a carrot. It never even tried to be a carrot.
>>
>>146713484
It's far more far fetched to think that the movie is flawless. You're delusional and you're probably just trolling.baiting now.
>>
>>146713263

>Dynamic animation, whatever that means, would be out of place for a film of this nature.

Ozu could tell a great story through movement alone.

>The childhood sections are supposed to be snippets of how she came to be who she is and her somber, nostalgic attachment to the town. They explain her, and her conflict.

You ignore the point that sabotages pacing, especially when it explains what happens before we even go there.

>The conflict was always present, it just wasn't brought to a head until the climax.

Read Hitchcock's story about the bomb under the table.

>The lack of charisma is also intentional as they're now "boring adults" rather than the much more energetic and whimsical children they were.

So you're agreeing that its boring, the only objection being that you think it's good that it's boring. You can still show boring lives in an interesting way, as any 80s underdog story film can do.

>You must have been hard to teach in school.

Top 1% of my school, actually, jackass.
>>
>>146713436
Yeah. It failed to convery the message for you and did it well for thousands others. Failure of the artist. How old are you even? You sound like someone under 25.
>>
>>146713484
not that anon but everything is subjective

if he doesn't like it, it's flawed to him, just not necessarily flawed to you
>>
>>146713525
26. You're being retarded right now.
>>
>>146713506
Nothing is flawless.
But boring =/= flawless
and you dont like it =/= flawless

Just please, stop. You are making a fool out of yourself.
>>
>>146713484

As someone who has watched hundreds of films, if you think any movie is flawless, then you are a fucking retard
>>
>>146713550
You got a wife? A job? Do you live in city or countryside? Do you just sit down sometimes and look back at past and heal yourself with those nostalgia feelings and mono no aware or are you living in your mom basement without a gf?
>>
>>146713555

The purpose of a movie is to entertain. If it doesn't entertain at all points, it's flawed.
>>
>>146713521
I dunno what your point about animation is supposed to be, there is tons of great character animation in the film. Cuts from Ohira, Tanabe, Iso, Otsuka, Inoue literally all the greats of Japanese animation working on this film. Not a fucking clue what you are talking about kid.
>>
This is a little unrelated but

>>146713521
>actually was in top 1% of my school
>>146713550
>actually i am 26

why do people do this?

Facts about themselves that I assume are used to help to disprove an argument.
Like, It doesn't add to anything at all and it's really just irrelevant. Just as bad as 'btw i'm a girl'
>>
>>146713623
entertaining =/= raw quality

Go ask ThatAnimeSnob what he thinks about this movie. He can break you apart like any other pleb. Im done with you.
>>
>>146713663
He is insecure, so he must talk about how "mature" he is and being "smart", yet he finds a movie like Only Yesterday boring. Oh, the irony.
>>
>>146713664
>AnimeSnob

AnimeSnob never explains anything. He just says things but never explains why. He is actually the ultimate pleb, but the perfect /a/ poster.
>>
>>146713664
>ThatAnimeSnob
This must be bait.
>>
>>146713646

I don't recall how any of them moved. You can remember a great character through movement alone (notably Mifune in Seven Samurai). I can't look at their movement and make deductions about them, so I'm left relying on dialogue, but the dialogue makes really bizarre choices, notably explaining events before we see them.
>>
>>146713697
He explains everything in his truth videos. You are just being ignorant. Guess who is the real pleb here.
>>
>>146713697
Anyone who thinks LoGH is good anime is definitely a pleb to be honest.
>>
File: 1461789935571.png (308KB, 292x368px) Image search: [Google]
1461789935571.png
308KB, 292x368px
>>146713664
>ThatAnimeSnob
>>
>>146713663
>>146713691

>Accuse people of something
>They correct you
>DURR WHY DID YOU BRING THAT UP THAT'S COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT

Are you sniffing glue?
>>
>>146713730
Looking at your post, I think you are AnimeSnob now
>>
>>146713732
You must be one of those who thinks logh is boring and muh politics and talking much. Logh is not flawless, it got a lot of flaws, but it is still better than any other space opera anime out there. You are just being dumb right now.
>>
>>146713744
I also think accusing people of being something is irrelevant too. I'm not part of any argument here.

I just think that if you stoop to their level, you're not really helping your case.
>>
File: 1469877311257.jpg (247KB, 1041x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1469877311257.jpg
247KB, 1041x1024px
The MC is 27 and everyone acts like she is in her mid 30s. All the flashback scenes were great, it was like an animated version of The Wonder Years.
>>
>>146713710
I'm really not sure what kind of anime you've been watching but the animation in this film is the result of the work of the best of Japanese realist animators. Same people working on Akira, Ghost in the Shell and so on. Tons of realistic and subtle character animations in the film.
>>
File: 1472493226630.jpg (33KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472493226630.jpg
33KB, 704x480px
>>146713776

>It's as bad to correct bullshit about you as it is to invent bullshit about about people
>>
>>146713664
>ThatAnimeSnob
HAHAHAHAHA

He things the movie is great though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW7z9QYDheU
5:55
>>
>>146713768
No I think LoGH might as well have been a drama CD because the visual and animation add no value at all. Essentially just talking head, next talking head, shot of a city, next talking head, next talking head, 30 seconds of space battle, talking head, talking head, 30 seconds of space battle, talking head, talking head, shot of city on planet, repeat.
>>
Neutral here, but honestly if you think this movie is bad or of bad quality then I pity you. Maybe the problem is your mindset or how old are you. Nevertheless, im out.
>>
>>146711556
I can't really say there's anything wrong it. If you don't like Iyashikei this movie's not going to change your mind though. Also period scene was the highlight of the film.
>>146713710
I mean, the movement wasn't Clampett-tier but it was good character acting appropriate for each scene.
>>
>>146713800

And? Morricone did the music for the Dollars trilogy, but he was also behind the trainwreck that was the Untouchables OST. I'm not even saying that the animation was bad in OY, I'm just saying it was world-beating. I can see Kaneda's and the Major's movements. I cannot see any of the adult OY's casts movements in my head.
>>
>>146713817
>>>/soc/
>>
>>146713521

>Ozu could tell a great story through movement alone.

Not really the point to compare creative minds, but whatever. The issue is whether or not what you feel is required animation for a film of this nature is necessary. I don't agree for the somber tone and setting that anything beyond what was seen is.

>You ignore the point that sabotages pacing, especially when it explains what happens before we even go there.

Pacing is a difficult thing to debate. The question is whether or not the show moves from the various points without issue I don't think it has any. If you're thinking there's a clash in the frenetic nature of the childish scenes vs. the adult scenes, then I'd argue that is intentional.

>Read Hitchcock's story about the bomb under the table.

Like I said, the conflict was always there and the audience knows it. The other pretentious douche is arguing that a younger person can't appreciate some nuances of the story, and on this particular part I might agree. Maybe the conflict is a little too subtle for people who can't relate to the character. I always felt it was there, and when it came to a head I was not surprised.

>So you're agreeing that its boring, the only objection being that you think it's good that it's boring. You can still show boring lives in an interesting way, as any 80s underdog story film can do.

I said they were "boring adults"; the characters are cynically acting the way they're "supposed to", and I don't mean that in our perspective, but from a world perspective within the film. There's a difference between saying the characters are boring and saying that they're depicted in such a way as to create the sense of clash between them now and them as children.

I don't disagree that "boring lives" can be done in different ways, which you might find interesting (80's underdog stories are bad examples), but this film wanted to create that noticeable difference in adult / child perspective.
>>
>>146713800
Yes. Iso Mitsuo worked on this movie. And Kobayashi for background art. This two guys are perfectionists. Just leave the plebs here alone. They cant appreciate a high-brow movie like this
>>
>>146713836

No one here thinks it's bad. It's just OP sperging out that anyone thinks this movie isn't an 11/10.
>>
>>146713521
>Top 1% of my school, actually, jackass.

That was an unnecessary quip on my part and I apologize for it. I was half-assing a joke on how you were saying that entertainment is required for you to take something in. Maybe your classes are more interesting than mine.
>>
>>146713833
You just proved my point.
You think presentation (animation and art) is moreworth than script (story and characters). Substance > Style. You sound like one of those plebs on MAL who hates old anime because it looks "ugly". Im done.
>>
>>146713803
Why does it matter though? You're anonymous. There is no bullshit on you.
It's better to disprove their argument alone than looking all defensive because someone played an ad hominem on you.
>>
>>146713865
That's probably because they moved like normal adults and weren't doing impressive bike stunts or jumping from buildings. If you actually pay closer attention there is plenty of subtle character animation with attention to detail the likes of while you will rarely see in any anime.
>>
>>146713931
There was nothing disproved. He made a fool out of him, but hey, its anonymous. Fool.
>>
>>146713877
>>146713877
At least someone gets it here. Only Yesterday is great.
But if you think its boring, just stop watching it and return to it in 5+ years.
>>
>>146713930
If you differentiate between "style and substance" the only pleb here is you. I am one of those people that thinks a story needs to justify being told in the medium it is being told in. It has absolutely nothing to do with age Future Boy Conan or Akage no Anne made back in the 1970s are far superior in terms of visuals to many anime made right up until today. The story can be as great as you might want to say in LoGH but it will always be a terrible anime because it fails at being anime. The pictures and animation add nothing of value.
>>
>>146714020
Tell me a better space opera anime than LOGH.
>>
>>146713974
I think we got off the same page at some point.
I was talking about disproving an argument in general.

Like I said, I'm not in any argument here. I'm also not talking about a specific argument here in context because I didn't really read any

I'm gonna go to bed now thought because it's 4 AM here. Cheers man, have a good one.
>>
>>146714020
If you really, but really think this without trolling, then sorry, but you are dumb.
>>
>>146711556
In a lot of scene, especially when she's smiling she looks like a 50 year old, not 25 or whatever her age is supposed to be.

That's the only flaw in my opinion.
>>
>>146714019

They're not incorrect, though, that material can not have an impact from their perspective. I found The Nightmare Before Christmas to be utterly dull, but I can still recognize it is an impressive accomplishment. I also think Clue is one of the most criminally underrated comedies ever made. Sometimes stuff is just not going to appeal to individuals for whatever reason.

I don't care if someone finds Only Yesterday boring. That's fine. What I was arguing against was the idea that boring = flawed. You can still see the greatness in a creative piece without being entertained by it.

Still, I have argued elsewhere numerous times that entertainment can trump a lot of flaws. Independence Day is a fucking stupid film, but it sure is fun.
>>
>>146714037
Being "the best space opera anime" doesn't make a good anime. That is like saying Lucy is a good anime because its the best one set entirely in the Australian outback.

>>146714065
Great argument there.
>>
>>146714089
Go out and you will see that people are different and have different smiles.
But hey, if you like the superficial copy paste smiles from anime nowadays, that look exactly the same, good for you.
>>
ITT people actually think that a person needs to be the direct target of the movie's subject matter to be able to enjoy it.

Are you shitters so dense that you think it's not the failure of the artist to convey his message when someone who hasn't lived the movie out can't be empathetic to its characters?

Do you think war dramas can only entertain people who have fought in a war? You fucks are completely retarded. Especially the one retard constantly asking people for their age thinking it's the defining factor in appreciating this film.
>>
A thread about my favourite Ghibli and it's just petty autistic squabbles

Sasuga /a/
>>
>>146714130
Listen a few anime you think are "good". Im pretty sure you will mention Yuasa. Hurr durr.
>>
>>146714178
It's probably because you're under 25. When you get older you'll appreciate this talk more.
>>
>>146714167
>people actually think that a person needs to be the direct target of the movie's subject matter to be able to enjoy it
I don't think anyone said that. It's going be pretty difficult to relate with a film as a child if it is about the passing of time, growing up and looking back on childhood memories though.
>>
>>146714167
Its a fact you will mostly like this movie more if you are older than if you are 15 for example. 15 year olds like Naruto more. Im not even joking.

I remember reading YKK manga when i was 18, did not like it. Found it boring at that age. Now that im closing to 30 its my favorite manga ever.
>>
>>146711556
This movie is pretty much flawless to anyone over 30. It's really quite simple because if you haven't experienced what's in the film then you can't hope to appreciate it.
>>
>>146714178

Wait, what other thread on any of these pages right now is discussing any anime with anything close to this level of "autistic" squabbling?

Did I not wade through the dozens of threads declaring some random bitch "best girl" to find someone else actually mention the Hitchcock's bomb allegory?
>>
>>146714020
I don't necessarily agree with you but I feel like Western fans will give sub-par visual presentation more of a pass because they have to constantly read subtitles. This way, even if there's a boring shot, the viewer reads a corresponding subtitle for a split second and are thus more visually engaged. It would help explain why such slap-dash shows like HxH 2011 recieve such acclaim, while being panned in Japan for being far inferior to the 1999 version. Even if their stories are identical.
>>
>>146714187
Akage no Anne, Ojamajo Doremi, Futureboy Conan, K-on!!, Cardcaptor Sakura, Oniisama e..., Ashita no Joe, Turn A Gundam, Banner/Crest of the Stars, Ichigo Mashimaro, Windy Tales, Heartcatch Precure.
>>
>>146714268
Anonymoose?
>>
>>146714187
I could list good anime and not mention yuasa. Literally what's your point?
>>
>>146714167
>Do you think war dramas can only entertain people who have fought in a war?

All I know is that while I enjoyed Saving Private Ryan, during the beach invasion scene, my WW2 vet grandfather was eerily quiet.

Whether the subject matter is only aimed at those individuals is probably not true, but I think certain people with experiences can relate to things on a different level, and may get more out of the subject matter than others.
>>
>>146714268
>k-on and precure listed with Crest of the Stars and Ashita no Joe
what the fuck
>>
>>146714268
lol
Most of those anime are boring too and look bad.
K-ON looks cute though, but its for pedos.
Windy Tales? Ye we got some yuasa style here with the soothing atmosphere. Nice use of animaton lol.
Banner of Stars its terrible written. Its a hot mess.
Oniisama E is shit and full of melodrama.
You talk about art and animation and you mention Ashita no Joe, lol dude. Its even worse than in LOGH.
>>
>>146714338
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>146714338
>he can't appreciate Yamada's godly direction
Pleb..
>>
>>146714338

"Good" in this case may not mean "critically acclaimed". Since "entertaining" is a key function here, that's probably the biggest criteria.

Why I still love Juden-chan even though it is an utterly shit anime.
>>
>>146714352
>>>/int/
>>
>>146714301
My point is that you dont get it. Come back in few years or maybe reread the whole thread.
>>
I can't find a flaw honestly.
>>146714187
>Yuasa
>Bad
>>
You appreciate Non Non Biyori more if you have kids, or Usagi Drop. Same goes with this movie. A lot of dumb replies here. Ofcourse the age of the viewer is important. Someone who is 13 years old will never appreciate this movie to its full extense, he might like it on a superficial level though.
>>
File: 1465763016253.gif (377KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1465763016253.gif
377KB, 500x381px
>>146714352
>this entire post
>>
>>146714317
>I think certain people with experiences can relate to things on a different level, and may get more out of the subject matter than others.

I think you're spot on. Growing up in an Asian household, I feel like this film "clicked" with me a lot more than it would for a white person that was similarly 22 years of age.
>>
>>146714441
Are you serious? Usagi Drop is disgusting to anyone who has a kid
>>
>>146714132
nice projection
>>
>>146714465
Probably referring to the anime
>>
>>146714465
The anime, not the manga. Stop trolling dude.
>>
>>146714278
Nope. He used to post in threads about pre-war anime and anime history threads I was making before he started doing the anonymoose thing though.

>>146714352
>K-ON looks cute though, but its for pedos.
Already lost your legitimacy.
>Windy Tales? Ye we got some yuasa style here with the soothing atmosphere.
Yuasa style? What? He hadn't even directed an anime yet when Windy Tales came out. If anything you want to be comparing it to Shinya Ohira's episode of The Hakkenden.
>Banner of Stars its terrible written. Its a hot mess.
Ok.
>Oniisama E is shit and full of melodrama.
The way you say melodrama makes me think you think that is automatically a bad quality rather than a descriptor. You are just memeing.
>Ashita no Joe, lol dude. Its even worse than in LOGH
Nah, Ashita no Joe is actually creatively directed to keep itself visually interesting despite of the less than stellar animation. It's the same kind of techniques people working around Ikuhara at Toei would go on to take from Dezaki.
>>
>>146714473
The truth hurts, I know.
>>
>>146714508
>creatively
>dezaki
Pick
Use of retarded triple takes, annoying freeze frames and postcard memories with low key lightning and dutch angles. Yeah, very creative, lmao. The sparkling bubbles add a lot too. Such dense direction.
>>
and I'm out.

Literal retards giving shit writers with poor characterization a way out just because the audience wasn't asian or had kids or fought in a war or a boxer or a space pirate.

Empathy is universal and you're all retarded. Night.
>>
>>146714508
What do you think of Dezakiman Shinbo finally working as series director again?
>>
Has anyone tried the new english dub? Any good?
>>
>>146714571
I'd called that creative, didn't see anyone else doing it at the time, quite experimental. You can debate if you think it is good or not though.

>>146714582
Is he actually doing that or is it going to be one of those things where it says Shinbo up to the last minute and then they announce the real director in the ending credits?
>>
What a thread.
>>
>>146714665
I'm pretty sure he's actually doing it. No other name has been announced, take Zaregoto for example. It says Shinbo is supervisor and Yuki Yase is director.
>>
>>146713974
>>146713803
What a fucking excuse of a human being. Nobody gives a shit about your age retard, and nobody gives a shit if you're too stupid to understand that a movie that is not meant for a certain audience is not "failing" if the audiences out of its scope don't appreciate it.
>>
Do you guys know any other classic but not well known movies?
>>
>>146714722
Also the PV looks too good to not be him.
>>
File: CUSaiOQWsAE22EC.jpg (88KB, 600x671px) Image search: [Google]
CUSaiOQWsAE22EC.jpg
88KB, 600x671px
>>
>>146714742
Belladona, Cleopatra and Thousands and One Nights.

Also Cello No Hiki and Panda go Panda.
>>
>>146714763
What the fuck? That's retarded. Well really only the first panel but the rest of the message doesn't really ring if the first isn't true.
>>
>>146714196
But anon, I already said it's my favourite Ghibli, clearly I am over 25.

>>146714256
Good point. I generally don't look at or post in those sorts of threads, so my frame of reference was mostly set to the other boards that I post in.

Anyway, it is absolutely slow, and I can definitely understand someone when they say that they found it boring. I urge anyone who thinks this to revisit it later in life because I'm sure that they will appreciate it more as they get older.
>>
>>146714763
Did Takahata really said this? What does he even mean by that. Can someone explain.
>>
>>146714799
>That's retarded
>"Live action films are so common they're becoming part of the reality"

Do you live under a rock? Must be seeing the only adjective you can use is 'retarded', parroting it from other on /a/.
>>
>>146714867
Clearly a retarded translation
>>
>>146714878
No don't be stupid. Live action being common doesn't mean it starts becoming reality any more than anime.

There has to be something wrong with that translation unless he was being purposely vague.
>>
>>146711556
Father was a tremendous dick. The entire family was fucked up.
>>
Why was the main girl going back at the end of the movie when she already was on the train? Maybe im dumb, but I dont get it.
>>
>>146711556
MC looks like she's in her 40's when she's in her 20's.
>>
>>146714722
Yeah. I am just saying iirc they have announced shows with Shinbo listed as director only to do a switcheroo at the last second when they announce someone else. Like I think that is what they did with Sasami-san. Had it just as Shinbo with the title director right up until near the airing and then it was some other guy listed as Assistant Director who did Nisekoi and Koufuku as director with Shinbo as Chief. Sometimes they seem to mix-up the titles a bit for some reason.
>>
>>146715986
Well from the PV I think it looks more competent than something you'd expect from current Shaft. And Shinbo is one of the few competent directors at the studio.
The studio seems to be very busy so they probably had to whip out Shinbo for this one.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4rqgt7
>>
OP, please don't make everyone hate my favourite movie.
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.