[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this any good /a/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 18

File: aldnoah out of zero.png (990KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
aldnoah out of zero.png
990KB, 1024x576px
Is this any good /a/?
>>
>>135478334
At first yes then very no.
>>
File: 1374222374254.gif (380KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1374222374254.gif
380KB, 220x220px
>>135478334
>>
>>135478334
Yes, just don't talk about it on /m/.
>>
>>135478334
Not at all. MC manages to be even more boring than Kirito and every fight is literally just "oh shit this thing is ridiculously OP there is absolutely no way to defeat it. Oh wait, supergenius MC figured out its weakness by staring at it for a bit"
>>
The MC's ridiculous asspulls and the Season 1 ending are the only mildly amusing part. After that it becomes practically unwatchably bad.
>>
>>135478334
If you like robot action a good ost and a cracy crazy ending then watch it.
If not avoid it like the plague.
For me it was mindless fun with robots fighting each other, taking this story seriously will result in brain damage.
>>
>>135479114
>good ost
>>
It's pretty garbage
>>
Awful. Pure fucking shit. The princess alone "died" a few times in predictable cliffhangers.
>>
>>135478334
No. Every single dude in that show is boring as fuck. I've never seen a more un-endearing cast of characters. The plot was shit too. The only good thing about it are a couple of mech designs but the 3d models aren't very impressive.
>>
The first cour was decent

The second season was utter crap and was only hilarous because of how Slainefags got more and more defensive and delusional as the series went on
>>
File: 1408829150920.png (186KB, 700x473px) Image search: [Google]
1408829150920.png
186KB, 700x473px
There are some elements of the world I liked but every fucking episode is the same thing over and over.

>Martian Mecha lands
>"Haha puny earth humans I am superior"
>Earth grunts we don't care about die
>MC creates brilliant plan and executes it
>"What I can't be defeated by puny earth humans I am a superior Martian hooooow"
>MC wins

Rinse repeat for the entire first cour. I never watched the second when it became clear the show had no intention of following through with everyone getting riddled with fucking bullets at the end of cour 1.
>>
>>135478334
They pin everything on the only good character who did nothing wrong and throw him in jail, so no.
>>
>>135479505
yeah I've watched the first 5 episodes now. This seems to be the basic trend. I'm hoping some more serious plot development happens. It reminds me a lot of NGE though (random OP alien shows up, "we'll never defeat it!", shinji defeats it, repeat) and I enjoyed that, so I'm going through with the first season.

Wish me luck fellas.
>>
>>135478700

The idea was supposed to be that he was supposed to fight nearly impossible battles against the odds using cunning strategy and wit but A-1 kind of just A-1ed it as they always do and managed to handle the concept about as blandly and unexciting as possible. They seem to think every male lead needs to be bland, one-dimensional and as inexpressive as fuck too. Character development also not allowed, just show shit exploding and play some generic Sawano music over it.

Admittedly I never tuned in for the second season but I heard it made the first season look amazing in comparison which has to be saying something. All I know is that it's supposed female lead spent almost the entire season floating in a jar, the main character somehow survived getting shot directly in the head and a whole bunch of other stupid stuff happened like Slaine becoming the villain. The whole way they handled the rivalry between him and Inaho made no sense either and wasn't compelling in the slightest. It's like they studied up on everything that made Sunrise successful at mecha anime and then just sort of tried to crib from a greatest hits without checking to see it fit with the context of where their own show was at. Heckuva Job A-1
>>
The last Sawano work before his music becomes the same mish mash of generic orchestral music.

FUCK SAWANO
>>
>>135479918
Don't forget the surprise NTR from nowhere.
>>
>>135480014
That would have been GC, A.Z is phoned in as fuck.

>>135480043
And the magical robotic eye that makes the MC even more broken or the literal Plot Armor given to Slaine.
>>
>>135479331

Oh yeah I forgot they did that several times in the first season alone. It was like every few episodes practically and totally pointless every single time at that.

My favorite though is reading an admission from the staff at the end of the first season that initially they had planned to have that PTSD commander Marito take the final sniping shot on the crazy chicks molecular rocket punch mecha which would have made perfect sense considering where his story arc was at at the time and what anybody might reasonably expect as a catharsis moment for him but changed it to that Rayet chick at the last moment at the request of the Aniplex producer because he figured it would play better with the audience if a youthful girl took the shot instead. Not only did this guy completely miss the point and was just thinking commercially, but the people that knew better had to fucking go with it because in anime the producer is fucking god now. It was also like they didn't want any character, especially an adult doing anything that might look remotely competent and could potentially undermine Inaho as the one stop shop for all solutions and implausible hyper competency. He always had to be the sole savior and that was it, further limiting what they could do with any of the cast or concept.

There's just so much wrong with how that anime was approached and frankly just showcases everything that is wrong with how most original anime is approached nowadays as well, particularly if it's produced by Aniplex.
>>
>>135478334
No.
>>
>>135478334
Made it to 6 episodes till i got bored. Whoever in Japan came up with the idea that literally everybody but some highschool autistic kid needs to be any good at fighting shit with no experience needs to be shot.
>>
>>135480014

That started happening before this with Kill la Kill arguably. The last work before he just started rehashing everything with shitty shrieky vocals was Attack on Titan. Pretty much as soon as his work became about emphasizing Mika Kobayashi's screeching and the Sawano drop he went to complete shit, but shhh don't tell MAL, they still think he's the greatest.
>>
>>135480043

They were clearly throwing in anything that might qualify as edge to make it as reminiscent of a cliche Urobuchi work as possible. I like how almost every single character was either underdeveloped or pretty much just a straight unlikeable douchebag by the end. If they weren't they just kind of forced them into being one like Slaine who had to be made to be the bad guy even though it was totally implausible just so that their bland fucked up robot lead could look like the good guy in comparison. They could have just I don't know, given him a personality and made Slaine's character a little more complex to play off of him, but nope too much effort for A-1 obviously. Fuck it they have Urobuchi, Sawano, Aoki and Kajiura's name on the box anime along with "from the people that brought you Fate/Zero".
>>
>>135480043
does slaine get ntred? i couldn't finish the first season but it was kind of obvious the mc was going to be dragging his rod into the space princess while he was getting beaten for several days.
>>
>>135478334
Nope
>>
>>135480253

He's decided adding rap to his latest soundtrack is a great idea too. If you've ever heard a Japanese person try to rap before outside of maybe Lotus Juice you'll understand why this is fact not a good idea. Pretty much anyone that isn't a lobotomized anime fan has been ripping his soundtrack for Xenoblade Chronicles X as well. It's played particularly poorly with video game critics who have almost universally ripped it as cheesy, uninspired schlock. The only one that likes it is Kotaku's Richard Eisenbeis but he doesn't count cause he's a weaboo with anti-taste.
>>
>>135478334
Urobuchi wrote E1-3 and even then, they're at best a C+. It's all down hill from there. Season 2 is where it goes to complete shit. Unlikable characters, decent concept, terrible execution.
>>
>>135479347
>The first cour was decent
Found the retard
>>
>>135480361
HAHAHAHA

Both Slaine and the MC get NTRed on the last episode by a new count introduced in basically the episode right before. No build up whatsoever.
>>
>>135480573
Found the contrarian
>>
>>135479505
>superior martian
Weren't they only on mars for like 1 generation? Like wasn't anybody over the age of like 20 from earth originally?
>>
>>135480630
>contarian

You won't get far with that argument.
>>
File: CWQE1EYUkAEY7i4.png (482KB, 1003x509px) Image search: [Google]
CWQE1EYUkAEY7i4.png
482KB, 1003x509px
>>135480355
One thing you should note is that Slaine wasn't always completely innocent. At first he hesitates to kill, but when he discovers that the princess is still alive and there are people who want her dead he changes. He gains the courage to shoot Trillram.

He tries peaceful methods at first but everything is backfiring. He doesn't hesitate to shoot the soldier he took hostage in the leg and plans on shooting Inaho when they misunderstand each other.

The finale of season 1 is called "Childhood's end" for a reason, he decides that the only way he can create peace is by violence and he wants to conquer Earth and present it to the princess when she wakes up. Most people consider it a change out of nowhere because they had the image of innocent moeblob.

The problem here is how everything got presented, there were so many things that went under the radar.
>>
>>135480602
holy fuck that physically hurt to read i'd be fucking raging so hard if i watched it
>>
>>135478334
Starts out 5/10 and only goes down from there.
>>
>>135480514

Xenoblade Chronicles X has to be the most polarizing soundtrack he's done yet. People either absolutely head over heels in love it and want to import the soundtrack from Japan or think it's an affront to video game music, doesn't fit at all and just want Yoko Shimomura back next game. IMO there's definitely a very mass produced quality to his music that is the direct cause of this.
>>
>>135478334
Its a visionary work.

The first of its kind with autistic android mc.
>>
>>135480602
Everyone got cucked

>Lemons loves Slaine but he sends her off from her home and decides to commit suicide while blowing that home up
>Inaho goes to save the princess and the last message she gives him is to save Slaine, nothing directed at him
>Slaine and Inaho getting cucked by cucklein
>hime getting cucked by herself for choosing a third guy because of politics, was supposed to be an old man in the original
>Inko
>Mizusaki still can't get a date
>>
File: 1438077133338.jpg (90KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438077133338.jpg
90KB, 1920x1080px
>>135480355
>They were clearly throwing in anything that might qualify as edge to make it as reminiscent of a cliche Urobuchi work as possible. I like how almost every single character was either underdeveloped or pretty much just a straight unlikeable douchebag by the end.
So how exactly is this different from how Urobuchi writes?
>>
OP here, on episode 8 I think

is aldnoah supposed to be some fucked up derivative of "all knowing"?
>>
>>135480557

Yes thank you, aside from having the biggest explosions in the shows there's really nothing remarkable about those early episodes in comparison to the rest. People who are probably Urobuchi apologists act like the first 3 episodes are the greatest thing to happen to mecha anime ever when really it's just kind of a typical stage setting opener and template that either really doesn't factor in much to what happens later or is carbon copied for the rest of the show with no inbetween. Nothing is really fleshed out but pure setup like princess is going to Earth to try to stop a conflict from starting but in la grand twist ends up becoming the indirect flashpoint for it (oh the obvious irony and the suffering) and Inaho is literally the only competent soldier on the entire planet who can do more than just stand motionless and fire guns at invincible robots while waiting to die. Other than that nothing is particularly different or better handled than anything else the rest of the series did. The writing is still hamfisted as fuck, the Martian characters are all cartoon villains, Inaho is a robot, Slaine is indecisive but kind of brave I suppose and Hime is naive as fuck. Pretty much everything stays like this for the rest of the show including the constant vocal tracks playing over everything.
>>
>>135480823
>People either absolutely head over heels in love it
Those are Sawano fanbois, the soundtrack is among the biggest marks against the game and have been pointed out by critics and gamers alike. So its less so polarizing and moreso that weebs love it and everyone else think its shit.
>>
>>135480253
I'd argue that the Nanatsu no Taizai soundtrack was pretty decent, but that's the only one I've kinda liked since Guilty Crown.

Gundam Unicorn is still his best work.
>>
>>135481152
The reason they praise it because the first battle was more interesting than the ones that followed.

Another thing that should be pointed out is the silly premise and timeline.
>>
>>135480763

It's kind of hilarious how everything anyone tries to do in good faith horribly backfires to a near comical extent in that show and Inaho and Slaine even start shooting each other for no real reason at one point. That was probably the aspect of Urobuchi's writing style they managed to keep the most after he stopped writing the script, that nothing ever happens in anyones favor in his shows unless they have bad intentions and a militantly utilitarian approach to getting the results the want. It's really hammered in when that one guy tries to help Slaine saying it's the decent human thing to do near the end of season 1 with the attack on Russia that didn't amount to anything in somehow and then is summarily shot dead in cold blood mere seconds lately possibly by his own guy.

Seriously though how did Vers not manage to conquer Earth in all that time. There's so much about what was happening in the background of that show or not happening while the main cast was being boring and bland as shit in front of us that doesn't add up even in the slightest.
>>
>>135481228
>I'd argue that the Nanatsu no Taizai soundtrack was pretty decent
That was so incredibly uninspired especially after Kill la Kill, if it wasn't for Seraph I'll consider that his laziest effort.
>>
>>135478334
>robot shows up
>kills some no names
>claims they are superior to earthlings
>inaho watches them for like 10 minutes
>makes some out there plan that any sort of tactician could make instead of a highschool kid
>plan goes through
>martian spews some one liners then dies
>rinse and repeat
basically laid out the entirety of the series for you op probably was even said before because the trend is that fucking obvious
>>
>>135481433
Maybe it's because it was right after KLK and that had a soundtrack I actually considered to be genuinely bad.

So just "uninspired" ended up sounding better to me in comparison.
>>
File: 1438541230891.jpg (18KB, 524x505px) Image search: [Google]
1438541230891.jpg
18KB, 524x505px
>>135481378
>It's kind of hilarious how everything anyone tries to do in good faith horribly backfires to a near comical extent in that show

Which is why everything worked out in the end because the Princess just said stop.
>>
>>135478334
Go watch gundam instead.
>>
>>135481547
>KLK OST
>bad

It was pretty much his only distinct sounding OST in years whereas NnT was the same old shit with no standouts.
>>
>>135481547
>Maybe it's because it was right after KLK and that had a soundtrack I actually considered to be genuinely bad.
I would consider your tastes genuinely bad though anyone who praises any of his TV offerings after Ao no Exorcist automatically has bad taste.
>>
File: 45670552_p4.jpg (347KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
45670552_p4.jpg
347KB, 800x600px
>>135481378
Slaine and Inaho's misunderstanding is the worst offender to me.
Apparently it was supposed to be Inaho being too suspicious towards Slaine because he's a Martian and somehow knows that the princess is still alive. Slaine is too suspicious because everyone is using the princess because of her status and aldnoah invocation factor and nobody gives a shit about her well-being.

But it's fucking ridiculous how Inaho doesn't take a hostage and how nobody questions him about it.

Overpowered mecha, the technology to resurrect somebody from a shot in the head and chest? No, you're still not able to grow your own food and create an artificial ambient.
You can nuke New Orleans and that's just you arriving on Earth? Don't worry, highschoolers in some training units will deal with you.
Vers was presented as too powerful just to be trashed like that.

I wish they did more with the power Aldnoah and it's origin, it could have had potential.
>>
File: 1432229362060.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1432229362060.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>135481378
>That was probably the aspect of Urobuchi's writing style they managed to keep the most after he stopped writing the script,
No that's just bad writing because at no point do any of those moments adhere to a theme, bad shit just happened to move the plot at the expense of characterization. Its not even consistent because in the end the Princess still gets her way in the end. So all what you have here is just a big waste of time.
>>
File: 1420918734088.jpg (132KB, 925x583px) Image search: [Google]
1420918734088.jpg
132KB, 925x583px
Reminder
>>
>>135483081
Where?
>>
>>135483081
Always hilarious that the threads were the opposite of this and now you are look like idiots for taking this shit show seriously.
>>
>>135483164
>9 months later
>Slainefags still in damage control mode
>>
>>135483164
I think that most of them thought that the show was going to be some kind of Turn A and Legend of the Galactic Heroes amalgamation only for the series to be basic as hell.
>>
File: 1420917299430.png (29KB, 606x193px) Image search: [Google]
1420917299430.png
29KB, 606x193px
>>135483164
>you are look like idiots
>something that took someone a couple minutes in mspaint is "serious"
It's been a while, you can calm down now.
>>
>>135479657
>I'm hoping some more serious plot development happens

MC is killed in the final episode.

Just kidding, no one dies in this anime save for nameless grunts.

Also, eggs cybernetic eye and goes crazy during cour 2.

Just kidding again, that shit with the cybernetic eye?
It doesn't go anywhere
>>
File: 1428064440942.png (53KB, 280x330px) Image search: [Google]
1428064440942.png
53KB, 280x330px
I honestly don't mind the first part or S1 whatever your preference for that shit is but the 2nd one was so fucking AWFUL.

They just completely ruined Slaine.
Turned Inaho into metal eye who can't die and predicts everything correctly so he always wins.

It was a complete joke.
>>
>>135483338
>>135483621
You're proving him right btw.
>>
>>135483645
Scrolled over the first one not expecting a spoiler of that magnitude but honestly good fuck this autismeister
>>
>>135483365
Man those early threads with retards praising it are hilarious in hindsight. Guess you guys learned a lesson about getting hyped over shit...
>People unironically looking forward to WITs Attack on Titan ripoff

I guess not.
>>
File: B6L0ThVCIAAlX-I.jpg (131KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
B6L0ThVCIAAlX-I.jpg
131KB, 576x1024px
Can we not go down the spiral of Slainefag vs Inahofag shit? I guess there are no best girls to argue about.
But Yuki was cute with best seiyuu.

>>135483826
Stop spoiling yourself OP, while it was airing I regretted opening the catalog every time.
>>
>>135480355
>could have made Slaine's character a little more complex
Did you watch the show? He was the only character with any complexity, the rest of the cast could have stood to have even half the same amount of development.
>>
>>135484018
>But Yuki was cute with best seiyuu.
Fuck off waifufag.
>>
>>135483826
The mc, the fc and the antagonist all get several times seriously shoot in final ep.

next season:
>lel was jsut 9mm
>>
>>135483826
Guess what? He doesn't die.
>>
>>135483365
How was it going to be anything but Turn A cliffnotes at best given half the time to tell the story?
>>
>>135478334
Yeah Sure the Expanse is good.
>>
File: Hei.gif (1009KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Hei.gif
1009KB, 500x280px
>>135478461
This is pretty damn accurate. First episode I was "OMFG" but by the end your just like "wut..." By the end I fell like this inside.
>>
It starts good and slowly descends into mediocrity until the last episode of S1 that is great.

Then S2 comes, reverses that last ep. and is utter shit until the end.

Overall it's bad.
>>
>>135485525
haha the threads for the final episodes of both halves were fantastic for enjoying all the suffering and shitposting
>>
>>135479347
>The first cour was decent
>>
>>135478334
It surpassed Gundam
>>
>>135487055
in its capacity to become a trainwreck yeah
>>
>>135478334
Okay for the first season, utterly shit from the beginning of the 2nd to the end. Invest your time in watching fafner instead. Was funny you got to watch the jap mc cluck the foreigner one for nearly the entire show until they both get clucked but other than that meh.
>>
>>135479657
>It reminds me a lot of NGE
>tfw you find new shitposting material
>>
>>135485525
>OMFG
>wut...
>>>/out/
>>
>>135486149
I would not have even minded has the series ended there. At least it would have died with some dignity. The Martians were so OP that I was expecting the cast just to come to the conclusion that earth was done for, no matter what they did. It would have atleast explained the lack of character anything on the human side.
>>
>>135483164
I am pretty sure slainefags are the only ones who took it seriously. God knows why. BTFO, by the way.
>>
took a break, back on episode 9

please tell me lord saucebomb dies
>>
>>135484239
In this show that doesn't mean shit with the piss poor writing. If you want to talk complexity, talk NGE.
>>
>>135487735

One of the biggest mysteries of AZ is that it mostly focused on the characters yet the characters were all shit.

It's almost like they tried.
>>
>>135478334

Not really no

mecha is in a disastrous state
>>
is the shower scene supposed to give me a boner
>>
Watch ibo instead my friend
>>
>>135488280
Just stop watching after the final episode of s1

That one and the very first episode are the only good things about this series.
>>
>>135485525
>>135486149
>>135487427
>The first cour was good

People are sure hanging on to this meme.
>>
>>135487735
>some dignity
>ending resolves nothing
>and of course all the stupidity that plagued the first season isn't going to magically go away either.

Just admit this was your first mecha anime already.
>>
File: 54564121.jpg (102KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
54564121.jpg
102KB, 1366x768px
>>135480361
>>135480792
>>135480602

Fuck Asshime. This was the worst NTR shit when Princess Lemrina was finally getting some progress the ending happens. Fuck this show.

She deserved better.
>>
File: ivent_aldnoah_bd_akurirubachi.jpg (172KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ivent_aldnoah_bd_akurirubachi.jpg
172KB, 600x600px
Is there a reason why the Earth characters nearly get no merch?
>>
>>135488280

It gave me one.
>>
>>135492064

Because they made everyone like Vers more. When random counts showing up to fight Slaine get more character development than the entire Earth cast...its not hard to love the bastards.
>>
File: 53695192_p3_master1200.jpg (162KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
53695192_p3_master1200.jpg
162KB, 700x700px
>>135491837
Don't remind me.
>>
File: vers.jpg (122KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
vers.jpg
122KB, 600x848px
>>135492064
>>135493495
The earth cast was simply boring. Mars, whatever 'side' they had, had more charisma and better designs. Only Eggs and his sister are remotely popular.
>>
>>135478334
no, it's shit
>>
>>135483858
Seraph of the end was hilarious but way more logical AZ in any day of the week. It's viewers had the opposite problem to AZ they thought the story was going to troll them and be a forced good v evil series, only for it to actually build on the plot points and hints that it laid down and did it in a logical manner no less, and introduce a three way conflict with the humans as the ones who were in the wrong.
>>
>>135484424
In hindsight we probably shouldn't have had any expectations for it.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.