[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: Toriko_ready_for_fight.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Toriko_ready_for_fight.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
Things that took you by surprise.

>be me
>never knew much about Toriko
>only ever saw pictures, fanart and references to it
>think it's just some shounen jojo style about muscular gay man growing to huge sizes and beating each other
>just now look it up
>it's about cooking

What the fuck even, how?
Really?
I mean, seriously?
>>
Fuck off.
>>
>>134072669
Amazing blog.
>>
>First episode of a show is shit
>So is second
>Third gets fucking glorious
>It's a wild ride up to the end

Needless is the only show I've ever seen where it starts shit and shoots to the moon with how good it is. Ignoring the ending, of course
>>
>>134072753
>>134072695
Quality posts m8s.
Read the thread first then contribute, if you have nothing to say on topic, GTFO.
At least read the rules before using a website for crying out loud.
>>
>>134072785
I think I dropped needless 3 episodes in.

Are you sure about that?
>>
>>134072669
Toriko is shit desu.
Watching the anime on local channel and its fucking atrocious. The whole show feels like you're stuck in an island with car salesmen and the only way those guys can get out is if they get you to buy a car.

Everytime something new appears, its always gotta be a powercreep. Now you're probably saying "but anon, thats standard fare for shounen anime" and while thats true, it isnt just limited to character in Toriko. Literally EVERYTHING is in powercreep mode
>oh look at this knife that can slice everything just by waving it around
>oh look at this ship thats so fucking huge and is totally not a ship because its on rails and being pulled by the largest horses ever
>oh look at this jail that houses all the superest bad guys ever
>oh look at all this stupid stuff we're gonna make the baddest guy ever do just so he can get out
>oh look at this food thats the X-est ever
>oh look at this place thats so Y, its made from Z thats the X-est ever
>oh look at this animal thats the most X-est since forever
>>
Is the anime ongoing or is it donezo?
>>
>>134072940
>Watching the anime

Stop doing it, anime is shit, manga is decent
>>
>>134073024
Does the manga have a different story?
>>
>>134072669
Get your greentext shit back to >>>/r9k/, newfag cancer.
>>
>>134072940
Yes the anime is quite shit, the manga on the other hand is fantastic.
>>
>>134073024
>>134073077
Manga is as shit as the anime.
>>
>>134072798
Amazing blog.
>>
>>134072669
Kill yourself
>>
>>134073147
How come?
It's a solid 8/10, the sheer scale of things is orgasmic.
>>
>took you by surprise
>>be me
What the fuck even, how? How can you live day to day? Really? I mean, seriously?
>>
>>134072785
Needles is trash man. You're just an immense faggot.
>>
>>134072669
>implying its not about exactly that.
anon go read the manga, its jojo bullshit wrapped in a foodshow.
>>
>>134073077
manga is boring as shit. dropped it after the main dudes got into a stadium and they got mobbed by all sorts of food monsters.

it's no surprise that the ratings have been dropping despite the huge push by jump to sell it.
>>
>>134073335
>doesn't know how greentext works
Pitiful to be so new you can't even connect the dots and make sense out of a post?
Don't worry, most new people have trouble with that at first, takes a little to get used to it.
>>
>>134072669
Fuckin shit

stop shoving this gay shit into our throat, and fucking stop ruined dragon ball

SSJSS happen because this fucking shit , they even tries crossover this shit with dragon ball
>>
>>134073745
You have to be one of the most autists anon around here.
>>
>>134072669
Toriko is literally one of the worst popular series that exist right now. And no, nit because of the fanbase, but because of the content, the source, being completely retarded.
>>
>>134072669
>think it's just some shounen jojo style about muscular gay man growing to huge sizes and beating each other
then you are right

the food is just their motivation, like how in dragonball their motivation are the dragonballs

actually whenever the cooks of the series get a spotlight, the mangaka seems to rush them in favor of more muscular gay men beating each other
>>
>>134072669
>think that jojo is about muscular gay man growing to huge sizes and beating each other
>>
>>134074490
Not really. Food is a major part of the series.
>>
>>134074900
as i said, the food is their motivation to do the fighting, but the food itself is not really the focus
unless the cooks are in the spotlight, which as i said the author tries to rush to get to the muscular gay men beating each other again
>>
>>134073306
Well, it does pretty much the same thing he was complaining about. Whever they encounter something vaguely food-related, it tends to be not just amazingly X, but the most X thing in the whole world.

That said, one of the things Toriko does well is place its larger-than-life super badass characters in a larger-than-life super badass world. In something like Dragonball, it seems like the main and secondary characters are leagues ahead of anyone else on the planet to the point where there's really no comparison, and the existence of anyone or anything that can challenge them is a world-shaking event in and of itself.

In Toriko, however, the whole world is full of superpowerful people, animals, plants, and even minerals; wandering through the wilderness is dangerous even for a super strong guy like Toriko, because the beasts you can find can be just as strong, and there are even stronger beasts that prey on them, and there are small clever beasts who can prey on the big ones for some special reason and still be a threat to a human hunter. Of course, all these mountain-smashing attacks would use up a lot of energy, but that's not a problem because deadly giantanimals can be turned into delicious nutrient-rich food. In general, it does a good job of showing that the larger-than-life main characters are part of a world even larger than they are.

Though it does get stupid at times. Like having characters who can single-handedly wipe out all of human civilization, and then implying that random small animals in the Gourmet World are several times stronger than that.
>>
File: 1436322069655.png (770KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1436322069655.png
770KB, 1280x720px
>be me
>report op for blogshit
>>
>>134075055
>be you
>don't read thread
>be retarded
>>
>>134074943
Confirmed for talking shit, last time Toriko had a proper fight (not hunt) was two years ago with Ichiryuu vs Midora.
>>
>>134075401
Wasn't there a fight just recently with midora and don slime?
>>
>>134072669
>be me

HOLY SHIT! That IS surprising!
>>
Good thing there are better newcomers in Jump. They don't have to shill Toriko so hard anymore.
>>
Wow it took me by surprise too! Holy shit! I think I'm scarred for life!
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.