[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age & Bioware General #1037

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 755
Thread images: 182

File: Alone.png (2MB, 1150x898px) Image search: [Google]
Alone.png
2MB, 1150x898px
404 - /dag/ Not Found on the catalog Edition

Previous: >>170031458

News:
>the BSN now is gone forever (but there's a backup somewhere so it's not really gone)
>Divinity Original Sin 2 is in Early Access (It will have waifus eventually)
>Tyranny is out
>Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire announced (waifus confirmed)

Sales:

NOTE:
>We occasionally discuss other, smaller RPGs that don't have their own generals. This does not mean we are /wrpg/

Dragon Age Shit:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
http://pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
>DA:O Mods
http://pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>http://www.dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
Deep space with his/her crew.

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
http://dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
http://dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to feel the end!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGHA9oO1Ybg

Friendly reminder that /dag/ needs more bumps.
>>
... .. .
>>
File: 1483731001321.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483731001321.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
first for Oranges
>>
Enchantment?
>>
Stop making these
>>
I started making a prototype that adds depth to the DAI combat system without scrapping it altogether
>Basic combat: light and heavy
>Light attack, tap the basic attack button
>Heavy attack, Hold the basic attack button
>Basic combat is made up of combos that allow for different maneuvers, along with a basic utility and a dodge that is unique to each weapon config (sword board, two hand, two daggers, bow/crossbow, staff, dual wield)
>Example: Sword Board:
>Light Attacks: sword primarily
>Heavy: Shield attacks
>Utility: Shield Block

>Example: Two Hand
>Light Attacks: Thrusts and half-arc swings mostly
>Heavy Attacks: Full arc slashes and 360 swings
>Utility: Rush forward a short distance using the weapon to block

>Example: Staff:
>Light attacks: bolts like in DAI
>Heavy attacks: AoE pillars and ground-streams like in DA2
>Utility: Burst, AoE around the mage based on element that staggers but has a longer recovery than other utilties

>Can lock onto single enemies so that your movement is radial around them

I'll post the link for the file here when I've got a presentable prototype
>>
>>170236068
Enchantment!
>>
Inquisition is on sale and I want to buy but I don't have my original Origins save anymore.

Is that a big deal?
>>
>>170238021
Go to Dragon Age Keep and just recreate it.
It's an official service that Bioware provides since, due to technical limitations, the file from DAO and DA2 couldn't be brought over directly.

Or you mean Origins like EA Origins?
>>
>>170238121
Nah I meant the former.

So is Inquisition any good? I loved Origins but hated 2.
>>
>>170238021
No, Inquisition doesn't have save file import. You have to enter your choices from the previous games in DAI Keep. Read the OP.
>>
>>170238202
It is okay. Much better than Dragon Age 2 but lacks depth compared to Origins.
>>
>>170238313
>>170238202
Sort of depends on what you're trying to get.
IT fleshes out a lot of the stuff that was on the periphery of other Dragon Age games, in particular it does a lot with Southern Thedas (Ferelden and Orlais), Elven lore and some of Tevinter.

Combat is okay, sort of a slower brand of DA2's, but enemy design is much much better. IT feels a bit off at times (like how enemies can sometimes block but it's sort of standardized and you can't lock onto enemies like in Dark Souls despite how the combat and animations seem to be geared towards that).

Grab the GOTY version and have a good time though. Figure out the sort of arc and personality you want to roleplay ahead of time.

It has about as much depth as DAO, just a bit more sparsed out given the open-world segments.

Some tips for enjoyment:
>Play around with the up-level Trial in the options
>Once you complete a zone, don't bother going back unless you need resources or something. Ideally you make enough dosh to just buy things you need from the Black Emporium
>Play through story missions one level behind the upper-limit that is recommended.

Each of the DLC sort of focuses on each of the races
>Jaws of Hakkon, Avvar humans
>Descent, Dwarves
>Trespasser, some Qunari, tons of Elven

It's a solid 8/10 in my book.
You can also do your party in one of two ways: either stick with a single set in which case you can get some story lines that play out in their ambient dialogue or touch on all of them a bit.
>>
Dorian: What would you say Blackwall's best feature is, Vivienne?
Vivienne: His absence, of course.
Blackwall: I can hear both of you.

>>170239752
Bring Vivienne at all times, switch up the other two as you please.
I usually make Vivienne a fire mage...cause she burns people so much
>>
File: Meredith.png (656KB, 743x716px) Image search: [Google]
Meredith.png
656KB, 743x716px
Meredith did nothing wrong.
>>
>>170235576
It's insane how neither of the sequels gave a good sense of army scale. It was like 5 people at best was to be seen as an "overwhelming force".
>>
>>170238202
It tries to be a Skyrim clone. Take that what you will.
>>
Are you guys hyped for Neir:Automa?
>>
>>170241104
Yes. A Yoko Taro game is far over due
>>
Page 10..
>>
>>170240128
It was mostly cutscenes but yes, Inquisition doesn't show huge numbers as much.
>>
>>170238202
No. Don't listen to >>170239752. It's mediocre at best. The companions are all dog shit and all their personalities can basically be described with 2 words. The combat is the worst in the series by far. It legitimately feels like a offline mmo when going through the zones. The game completely forgets what made Origins good despite one of main visions Bio set out for it was a comeback of sorts for DA. The main plot is not bad but not good it's "decent". At best it's a 6.5/10.
>>
File: 673838235627.jpg (38KB, 493x503px) Image search: [Google]
673838235627.jpg
38KB, 493x503px
>>170243729
I'm aware it's cutscene but both in that and atmosphere you got a better sense of how dire things were. When storming the Adamant Fortress it didn't feel like you were facing off both with thousands of wardens and demons so much as just cleaning out a skeleton crew and their demon stragglers. Both at Ostagard and the final battle it felt like you were cutting thought the horde both in cinematics and visuals.
>tfw you get a surprise 'hold the line' mission for all your followers not with you.
>>
>>170244116
The companions are no more dogshit than those in Origin. You can be reductive to those as well

I agree that it feels like an offline MMO though. Especially with how janky the combat feels.
The main thing they needed for it to feel more like the Original was the Tactics menu for have companions know what to do when you did something (Like setting up combos and the like).
On the topic of Zones, that's why I said to not bother going back to old ones ever. There's no development after more plot points, so each is basically just a set up for the main quest line through each and then you don't bother touching them again. The other big issue is that all the zones are about 40% too big. Like there is 40% of space that is just completely unnecessary: not useful for setting up the narrative of the space, not useful for missions or resources.

They do better with Trespasser and Descent I thought

Also, Origins was never that good. It was just the first breath of Role playing air people had breathed in a long while.

It was 'good' compared to the nothing that preceded it.
>>
>>170244338
Ostagar felt big, but the final battle never felt that strong for me given how few enemies you encounter and how clear it is that they go down like they're suddenly made of tissue paper.

Adamant's big issue, as is the biggest issue with DAI in general is that it tries to go for Souls' pacing of combat but fucks it up for three big issues:
>Enemies aren't designed for lock-on
>Enemy placement doesn't work well for presenting problems to solve
>Yours and the Enemy's list of tools are very key-lock designed rather than timing and decision designed, ie each enemy move has a clear counter in your party's repertoire

Hence, when you're righting at Adamant it feels about the same as any other zone and, what's moreso, the placement of enemies does not suggest deep-encampment but more like these guys were hanging out here.

I listed out my own feelings about the combat in one of the longposts above. There's a lot that the DAI combat has that is interesting but there's a disconnect with other elements that makes it feel off and takes a lot of the tension and decision making out of it.

There is exactly one thing that made DAO's combat semi-enjoyable and what a lot of people liked: the threat enemies, even bandits, could pose to you. Things can go horribly wrong if you play directly into a group of bandit's strengths, like keeping your mage in the mosh pit with your warriors getting melee'd.
There is stuff like that in DAI but the shitty tactical cam as well as the garbage teammate AI makes those moments feel like they're out of your control rather than a result of your carelessness.

Bioware's approach to game design is generally pretty lazy when they deal with any single given element. Their approach to combat was an expanded version of DA2's but they only changed animations rather than actually thinking hard about what made DAO's combat good or Dark Souls' combat good.

I honestly doubt anyone at Bioware aside from beta t's plays their own games
>>
>>170244339
Why do Isabela, Varric, and Merrill all look super pissed?
>>
>>170244638
>they go down like they're suddenly made of tissue paper.
You must have been either playing causal or the scummiest of arcane warrior builds.
>>
>>170244638
>Bioware's approach to game design is generally pretty lazy when they deal with any single given element.
it's kind of amazing how they have gotten worse and worse with each game while romance shit keeps growing. Kotor was very solid combat and mechanics, Jade Empire while experimentally simple still demanded skill and technical planning. Mass Effect is when I started to see the cracks in the system, two classes were way to broken and most AI was way to easy to exploit. You could still get punished for being careless however.
>>
>>170244663
Concept Art, everything is edgier when your artists get to decide on personality
>>170244737
I was doing a Warrior berserker on Hard and it was in the initial push where you get sent waves and waves of darkspawn that used to take a bit of thinking to kill. They go down in one or two shots. Once you get to the various other parts of the battle, they get tougher but it felt weird to go from Tough to easy to tough again.
I get that it was to be a cool Tolkien-Battle moment but it made me respect the Darkspawn a bit less as enemies.

That is the one thing that both DA2 and DAI sort of lack: a big payoff for all the resources you've accumulated. There's no real meta-game. Every resource acquired by the Inquisition is for yourself, the Inquisition's power level and influence level is only for your personal benefit mechanically.
DA2 had it a bit better where the friends you help throughout the game can show up wordlessly in the final battle (Donnic, Zevran, Nathaniel) but it wasn't very overt.
>>
>>170244895
I mean Kotor and Jade Empire and DAO are all basically DnD type games with various different UI systems to in place to obscure the similarities.

ME was them trying to do a shooter but they also tried to simplify dialogue in favor of having a voiced protagonist.

The issue is that they get pushed in directions that they aren't mechanically suited for. I heard that ME3's combat was designed by someone out of Bioware, by an honest to god Epic studios dev.

Honestly Bioware should just be left to write the story and some systems for how they want things to work. They should be given thrice as much pre-production time as they do now, then hand off game systems to other devs who have specialties in other game genres. Hand off combat to Respawn or DICE or the Crytek guys.
>>
>>170244339
>The companions are no more bad than those in Origin.
>Also, Origins was never that good.

DELETE that.
>>
File: biowaretropechart.jpg (73KB, 428x597px) Image search: [Google]
biowaretropechart.jpg
73KB, 428x597px
>>170245178
I mean, Origins had a slightly more consistent style of writing across the board but it followed the tropes of Bioware games to a tee generally.
>>
>>170241104
I preordered!
>>
Dark Souls 3 dlc or Mass Effect Andromeda?
>>
File: 1488546340101.jpg (2MB, 4000x711px) Image search: [Google]
1488546340101.jpg
2MB, 4000x711px
>>170244339
Origins was good because it did everything very good. The combat is good it captures crpg combat whilst being a bit more action oriented perfectly. The fact that you said that Origins companions are as shit as Inquisitions really grinds my gears. Sera is LE RANDUM HUMOR the character. Iron Bull is LE BIG FUNNY GUY the character. Solas is good. Viviene is decent I guess, she's funny sometimes. Dorian is not bad, although his backstory is pretty standard when you realize it's just
>my dad made fun of me for being a fag
Cassandra is good. But they're all so boring and lifeless even Cass and Solas which I guess are my favorites out of them are still so fucking boring. I'd say all the Origins companions were written pretty well for the amount of time we actually got to talk to them, they all had good designs and had interesting things to say. They also all had really good backstories. They weren't robotic they actually made moves on you and would ditch your ass if you were a dick. In DAI your companions are static robots that wait for you to do everything. The other things that Origins does well is the fact that every single enemy imposed a threat and all the difficulties were extremely balanced, even on nightmare enemies weren't super tanky they just hit like trucks which put a deeper thought on the player for positioning and combos. The choices are by far the best part about Origins if we're discussing the story, you could kill all of your companions with the exception of Morri. There was almost always a way between hard choices but made things more difficult for yourself. Origins gave you choice that impacted the world in every major decision. I don't get why people say it's not a good game but it was just the best in a while. It did everything right. A true 9/10 in my opinion, it would be a 10 but that's for my own personal opinion regarding the way that it sealed any way we could play as the warden again
>>
>>170245170
>I heard that ME3's combat was designed by someone out of Bioware, by an honest to god Epic studios dev.
Correct. It was the team that work on Gears of War combat and level design. They were outsource to meet the winter/spring release date. They also work in hand with Straight Right making the multiplayer. Another fun tidbit, the money EA put into the MP was about 20 million, half of the game's development cost. To give context ME2's total budget was about 25 million and DA:O was little over 30 million in spite of the near 10 year development hell it suffered.
>>
>>170245840
>Dark Souls 3
lol
>>
So Mass Effect Trilogy on sale but it doesn't come with DLC's.

Can I just skip the DLC's or are they absolutely recommended?
>>
>>170246187
ME1's DLC is passable

ME2's is mostly good-great and should be played (but skip Arrival)

ME3- Citadel is required, Javik is good, Leviathan is lore retcons galore but is decent, Omega is shit
>>
>>170245840

Both? The DkS3 DLC will be like 2 hours long at best.
>>
>>170245997
Sera has a bit more depth than RANDUMB but that was clearly the intended niche, and it's what she herself is going for in-universe. She's considered childish by effectively every other character in the game. She has more going on under the hood though. She's a casual Andrastian and painfully close-minded on the subject matter of religion and other cultures. She's got a lot of resentment towards Dalish culture for putting expectations on her.

Iron Bull is more too, though he's a bit less clear than Sera is. He's got identity issues about where he belongs. He clearly wants to belong somewhere, he handed himself in for voluntary brainwashing so he wouldn't have to question his purpose anymore after his time in Par Vollen. He enjoys life outside the Qun but also clings to the certainty that it gave him (Part of that is why he keeps his Chargers so small relative to other bands, it lets him keep everyone in clear roles while also letting him act freely enough to know his soldiers personally).

I mean I could say Leliana is CHEERY FRENCH GIRL or Alistair is SARCASTIC MANCHILD. There's more to them obviously, Leliana's whole arc has to do with revealing how much more of a 180 she is.

The romances aren't something I can say I'm familiar with in either game, I never bother with them but I do see your point, how Morrigan would come on me if my approval with her got high enough.
>>
File: 1488275886402.gif (2MB, 451x254px) Image search: [Google]
1488275886402.gif
2MB, 451x254px
>>170247092
I was a overrexagerating a bit with my LE shit but honestly I really hate all the shit eating I see when it comes to Inquisition. People giving it any more than a 7 is fucking disgusting. Bioware have potential to do such good, BG2, Origins and ME are all fantastic games although I think ME is overrated. But when Inquisition came out it was clear who they were pandering to which were open world faggots, and degenerate tumblr tier idiots. People nowadays think that a linear or level based game is unacceptable which is mind boggling. Bio put so little depth into Inquisitions characters with the exception of my previously mentioned characters or returning characters such as Lel or Morri. I also hate when people say "Origins was only good because it was a decent rpg when there were none" which is just plain wrong. Origins is damn fine rpg with so much replayability within the relationships with your companions which are all pretty deep and the choices the game offers you in the main plot. Sure the plot is generic but a rpg doesn't have to be good when it comes to plot in order for it to be a GOOD rpg. It's about your impact on the story and how much choice you have within it. And Origins had so much of that. One of the biggest indications that Bio is giving in to low effort in their games is just the designs of the characters.
>>
>>170247092
On Combat, DAO is very CRPG because it IS a CRPG. There isn't anything particularly actiony about its combat, save for maybe the animations. Mechanically, it runs about the same as a Baldur's Gate or NWN.

I already touched upon the two things that DAO did well in combat that DAI could have introduced and they tried but failed.
>Danger from enemies, particularly on the tactical level
>Competent AI tactics' settings

I'll say that the story in Origins was, again, pretty standard fare for Bioware and for anything derived from a Tolkien fantasy mold. The choices were strong because they didn't think it was going to get a sequel, so you can do choices that have huge ramifications without thinking about how it affects anything later. That's the big issue with these continued world-states: they make the issue of writing exponentially harder the longer you go on.

DAO did everything right but nothing exceptional. That's why it's an 'average' game...that's the definition of average. It did somethings wrong but didn't get much wrong for the genre.
It made an interesting take on a Renaissance-era Europe-esque setting.

Did everything adequately, nothing exceptional, it gets an 8/10 in my book.

Inquisition is a much more mixed and varied bag in my opinion. There are times when I love the combat (The combo system is fairly rewarding) but other times when the hit boxes and pacing of it put me to sleep. There are parts of the story that are fascinating on both lore and character development (mid to late of the base game, Descent and Trespasser come to mind) but the beginning of Inquisition is long and tedious on second runs whereas Origins has, well, alternate beginnings you can choose from to keep playthroughs fresh. Character writing is a bit spotty on Inquisition but it's stronger on its strong points than DAO was on its strong points, as it is weaker on its weak points too (the Blackwall "When I was a boy" speech comes to mind as a strong point)
>>
File: 5746873589764985.jpg (49KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
5746873589764985.jpg
49KB, 640x360px
>>170244339
>The companions are no more dogshit than those in Origin
This is wrong on so many levels it's like your mind has become confounded.
For starters there was a lot more depth to the approval and personality systems. Alister and Morrigan were the only two true "good/evil" follower types (even then they had their exceptions) with everyone else having their own agenda and morals making both conversations and mortality fluxes seem more realistic than DA:I's 2D personalty squad where you just keep feeding/starving the one personality trait for approval/disapproval. Another big factor is depth of characters. At the start all you know about Alister is that he is a Templar in training turn Grey Warden that hates making choices and fears responsibility. Come later in game you discover he is actually a bastard prince and could be king do to the events in game, suddenly his fears of taking charge, his insecurities and flaws all add up. Sten is a gateway to the alien world of the Qunari but it's presented more in how he acts and deals with you than just some info dump every time you ask "Tell me more about X" his personal quest opens up a lot of how military their race is and how you earn his respect shows you just how pragmatic these people are. Compare that to DA:I. Cassandra is just married to her work, Iron Bull is just a "quirky" Qunari that feels more like his existence is some boring commentary on "It's ok to be different", Vivienne is just your cookie cutter aristocrat and so on. The only one that had a real shot at depth is Blackwall/Thom but even then they script him in such a way he just seems boring most of the time because again, his only interesting quality is his deception. DA:O has it's flaws but to even think DA:I's companions hold any semblance over Origin's makes me think you either haven't played it or are just shitposting.
I'm going as far as to say DA2 had better companions.
>>
>>170247383
I agree, the Open Worlds for Inquisition felt like a clear corporate decision, and a lot of the initial advertising was meant to go to normies and tumblrites. But I'd say Bioware salvaged some solid bits, some real diamonds in the rough with certain conversations and character arcs.

Incidentally, I'd say that the ambient conversation between companions in Inquisition is several times stronger than Origin's in general. That's where most of the best character development tends to happen.

That's what makes Inquisition so weird, the best parts are off to the side most of the time while the weakest parts (the enemy lay out and interaction, the open worlds, your own janky combat) are put to the forefront.

Whole character arcs happen in the background or subtly enough that they can be mistakened for something else altogether (Trespasser does a bit to bring them back to the forefront) but it's just a weird game how it brings it weakest points to the spotlight and its more interesting or profound bits to the sideline.

I'd say I liked the actual visual designs, since they tend to keep a more consistent silhouette across armor types than in Origins. Origins was, from a design stand point, a budget game for Bioware that they didn't expect to do well. So they did whatever they wanted from writing and pre-production in their budget and didn't give a shit about what came after.
>>
>>170245840
Your question is like asking if you should eat fast food or pay twice as much to dumpster dive for food. Get the DS3 DLC..
>>
>>170247383

I couldn't even take most of the DA:I companions seriously as characters. Like him or not but there was much more effort put into Solas than pretty much all of the others and it shows how he is surrounded by half assed companions where BW put more thought into what would avoid triggering people about their sexuality than anything else. Blackwall was a nice idea on paper but people already saw through him before the game was even out.
And yeah, fuck open world. And their collectables.
>>
>>170247667
But that's a big part of the companions in DAI vs DAO.
DAO, most have their own arc but are also meant to be ambassadors from other regions (Leliana: Orlais, Alistair: Ferelden, Morrigan: The Wilds and Apostates, Wynne: the Circle, Sten: Qunari, Ohgren: Dwarves, Zevran: Antiva and city elves)

Each Dragon Age game has its own throughline theme on companions.
DA2 has pariah's of society (Apostate/abomination, slave, pirate, refugees, dwarven desher, blood mage)

DA:I's are the individuals within those societies that defy expectation (Ironbull, a Qunari who went native (both in Thedas and in Seheron), Sera a city elf who despises the Dalish and Elven culture, Cassandra a 'templar' who isn't a hardline chantry fanatic, Vivienne a mage who wants to suppress other mages).

That's just in terms of their backstory. Their character arcs are a bit trickier to compare. DAO has clear arcs of consistent writing that you can typically choose one of two ways that they play out.
DA2 has the friend/rivalmance system where your relationship type affects how those characters progress as well (which was really interesting)
DA:I has spottier writing quality in general but, again, there are moments that shine through in a way that work really well and better than most anything DAO had (Sera's moments when you discuss the fade, andraste or the Elves with her, Iron Bull deciding between the absolutism of the Qun or the choice he made in the Chargers, Blackwall's revelation, Cassandra's crises of Faith).

The writing is the thing that I'm generally pretty mum on Bioware for because I generally feel like it's pretty cohesive around themes (not hte same theme every game though)
>>
>>170247764
The Collectibles are the mortal bane of my life with Inquisition. I've spent some time defending its story at least but the open worlds were just obnoxious in general and the myriad of collectibles were tedium made flesh.

Again, it felt like a purely corporate design decision. "Ass Creed and Skyrim and Ubisoft Open worlds have tons of meaningless side quests and collecties, lets put that in. Those sell well"
And it did.

This is the core issue with post EA Bioware.
After ME and DAO, they were expected to feed into sequels of games where people became massive attached to worlds and characters. So they have to take into account your choices.
The issue is that no game company making a game with meaningful assets beyond text can meaningfully create unique world states where your decisions mattered. So there are two types of decision outcomes. Either it's a death flag (something bad happens or doesnt depending on some decision back when) or it's a purely cosmetic outcome (people saying stuff to you about your decision, different aesthetic thing, etc).
>>
File: 45621162567247.jpg (77KB, 1544x800px) Image search: [Google]
45621162567247.jpg
77KB, 1544x800px
>>170248026
>but are also meant to be ambassadors from other regions
At best Leliana and Sten. because Ohgren and Alister don't tell you shit from their areas and Zevran doubles for Leliana.
>DA2 has pariah's of society
That's actually all but one of DA:Is crew. Actually that descries most of DA:O's as well.
You are way overthinking this.
>>
File: 454623642356.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
454623642356.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>>170248026
>Ohgren
>ambassador to dwarves
>>
>>170248971
>>170248857

Ambassador from the standpoint of the story and worldbuilding. Ohgren actually tells you about Orzammar and general dwarven culture a lot. The focus of his arc isn't his pariah nature within Dwarven culture (If I remember, it has to do with his son and babymama, is that just Awakening?).

DA2 has people actively outside of the core organizations set forth in DAO (The Dwarven Kingdoms, Dalish Clans, the confines of the Law, etc) with Aveline as the sole exception.

DAI has characters that, with the exception of Varric again, are largely both within and without their personal cultural norms.
Bull is a qunari who has developed a fairly extensive personality and set of preferences outside of his role in the Qun.
Blackwall is a grey warden by his own proclamation alone.

I agree that the DAI description is a bit far fetched but I still think that they represent almost subversions of what we would expect people from their surface backgrounds to be like.
>>
>>170248026
>(Sera's moments when you discuss the fade, andraste or the Elves with her, Iron Bull deciding between the absolutism of the Qun or the choice he made in the Chargers, Blackwall's revelation, Cassandra's crises of Faith
You miss the flaw. These are all told to you in very info dump ways. Compare it to Sten where regardless of Approval rating, he will attack you over the Ashes quest, he see's it pointless and is to the point he wants to take over. Leliana will try to kill you over poisoning the sacred ashes, unless you have corrupted her to a point that she will fall back in line because you convinced her she was a killer not a savior. Zevran's personal crisis could lead where he turns on you for the sake of his former masters or would rather go on the lamb to be your friend. Again compare this to DA:I where you basically hold everyone's hand like they are some pull horse toy. Iron Bull shouldn't just go "whelp ok" to what ever choice you make about his friends or people, there should be a default outcome based on either conversations you had up to that point or at least a skill check to convince him to do otherwise, but nope, like a lost puppy he looks to the oh great and special snowflake in how he should live his life. That's the flaw with DA:I companions. They just feel like toys with no soul less they upset the player.
>>
>>170249230
>Ohgren actually tells you about Orzammar and general dwarven culture a lot
He tells you very little. In fact I challenge you to share what info does he really give? Hell you have to tread through all of Ozammar to get him, by then you know the dwarfs inside and out. What good is he?
>(If I remember, it has to do with his son and babymama, is that just Awakening?)
Yes and culture isn't there. Once again, we get all that shit through 3 sidequests and a main quest in Orzammar before you even recruit the drunk.
>still think that they represent almost subversions of what we would expect people from their surface backgrounds to be like
I have to disagree Bull is all you really got. Cassandra is what a seeker is general seen as, Vivienne is a aristocrat, Blackwall lie or no is the Grey Warden ideal, Solas is so fucking cliche I kept waiting for him to drop lines from Tolkien books about the elves. Most of the cast is just toys with little depth.
>>
>>170249362
Ah, I see your criticism now and I completely agree.
It's the kind of issue that is easily solved in fact, literally just a matter of a companion talking to you as you return to Skyhold or Haven.
Now, as for the info-dump part, this is sort of what I was talking about how the best character development happens off to the side in the ambient conversations you can hear while you're roaming with your party. The info dumps generally make sense half the time since they only really happen after major events and people want to get things off their chest but it makes things very mechanical in terms of how you basically 'make the rounds' after each story mission or loyalty mission.

Some of the situations you mention (like Iron Bull's but also Sera's) make a bit of sense given the religious attachment there is to the Inquisitor as well as the or your position as leader of the organization.

The one that sticks out to me as being unusual is the conversation with Cassandra after you learn the truth about the Seekers. She has a crisis of faith but why talk to you, why not to Cullen or Leliana or Mother Gisele, most people would have better experience and a more sensitive moral compass for this situation than her literally-who boss.

Yeah, that's a valid criticism on a lot of parts of Inquisition's character arc pacing and delivery.
>>
>>170249603
One of the first things you can ask Ohgren is "What is it like to be in Orzammar"

Cassandra is seen as a seeker but she regularly has her doubts and questions both her faith and the righteousness of her actions. Compared to how the Templars (the Seekers' contemporaries) act throughout the game, she's practically heretical for all the actions and doubts she has.

Vivienne is an aristocratic mage from humble origins who, herself, wishes to place restrictions on mages (compared to apostates or Magisters) and is thus within the system as well as defying the typical expectation of mages (as all wanting freedom outside the chantry).
Solas is one of the exceptions because we don't really have an idea of what apostates are supposed to be like aside from Morrigan and he's not SO different from her on the surface.
>>
>>170249752
>Some of the situations you mention (like Iron Bull's but also Sera's) make a bit of sense given the religious attachment there is to the Inquisitor as well as the or your position as leader of the organization.
To be so washy as to let your friends die though? or the flip to forfeit your faith? Tough call or no I find it hard that Bull wouldn't take charge and say 'to hell with both of you' and save his friends.
>>
>>170249968
>Vivienne is an aristocratic mage from humble origins who, herself, wishes to place restrictions on mages (compared to apostates or Magisters) and is thus within the system as well as defying the typical expectation of mages
Anon that's Wynne. They just copy Wynne and made her political.
>>
>>170250095
Iron Bull works for you and he's wrestling with his own commitments. That's the whole point of that mission, he couldn't decide between the Chargers (his impromptu family on Thedas) and the Qun (the system he was born into that has defined his concept of himself from birth and gave him absolution).

He himself could not decide between the two options in that mission so he leaves it to you, his superior, to decide (incidentally, that also falls in line with his Qunari conditioning to seek out the guidance of an authority figure)

>>170250167
Only partially.
Wynne was more of a mix of Solas and Vivienne. She had an open but cautious attitude towards spirits and the Fade but she also realized the harm Magic, both intentionally and out of weakness, did to innocents in Thedas.

The core difference in the three (Solas and Vivienne and Wynne) is that the DAI mages exist in a situation where abuses on both sides reached a fever pitch and so the question of how to move forward and prevent such occurrences in the future is on the table.

Wynne largely lived in a stable situation until DAO. She was literally the Ferelden Circle of magi because, well, she lived there.

I mean it's pretty clear how someone from a politking nation and background like Vivienne would be more political than Wynne who came from a stable but segregated background.

There's also a difference in their personalities beyond that: Vivienne wants influence and power where Wynne was content with her life in the circle as it was.

Vivienne is fundamentally more self centered than Wynne, not just more political. Vivienne is also considerably more severe than Wynne ever was.
>>
>>170248198
Inquisition does things decently well all things considered.
You have references or tangential relations to the previous games and things you did in the previous games, but it never goes into enough detail to outright challenge or invalidate previous choices. TW3 by contrast did just that in many instances because it couldn't write everything in due to the detail of the choices, like when Thaler appears even though it was possible to let him die in TW1. It assumes a canon playthrough, and even most of what you did in TW2 doesn't end up mattering. I guess it's part of the luxury of having the game stories separated by years or a decade in the case of DA:O to Inquisition, and having the story focused on completely different characters to boot.

The collectibles are pretty shit, and I really feel like the overall early game is the worst paced and designed portion. The game wants you to rush through to skyhold to open up resource gathering quests for your agents to do the tedious work, but Hinterlands is fuckhuge and fairly nicely scales until you've cleared out 90% of it and there's just the dragons left in the northeast.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1639x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1639x1040px
Something is odd..
>>
>>170253738
what
>>
>>170253738
Left is ugly, right is ugly with elf ears.
>>
File: 1486032820955.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486032820955.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>170254995
Rude!
>>
>make dwarf
>half of the cinematics have me at human height and I see myself drop down after it ends
>sometimes my character jumps mid cinematic to match the camera level
fucking christ
>>
>>170258424
>make a dwarf
Stopped reading there.
>>
File: 1483399123167.jpg (42KB, 898x886px) Image search: [Google]
1483399123167.jpg
42KB, 898x886px
>>170258424

>Morrigan cutscene as a dorf
>See her from another angle
>tfw giantess waifu
>>
File: file.png (472KB, 655x431px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
472KB, 655x431px
>>170258778
>>
>>170258778
you have to leave
>>
i can't play dwarfs because playing a manlet kills my immersion
>>
File: smug karazhan.png (133KB, 253x291px) Image search: [Google]
smug karazhan.png
133KB, 253x291px
>>170259707
>tfw manlet and playing dwarfs doesnt break immersion
>>
>>170259707
>Immersion in DA
Your characters have a weak but existent backstory so it generally can't be you
>>
>>170259707
u're not a beautiful elf princess irl you know......
>>
>>170260749
prove it
>>
>>170260991
no!
>>
Renn...
>>
>>170263253
Lit who?
>>
>tfw you can see poster IPs
It's more pathetic than I thought
>>
>>170264230
Hi!
>>
>>170264230
samefag
>>
https://youtu.be/kT6P3wIvp3Y

Suvi...
>>
>>170266264
Why does her voice sound so wrong
>>
>>170264230
Jannies can't do that and there's no way a mod posts in a dead shithole like /dag/.
>>
>>170266620
she scottish
>>
>>170267084
>>170266620
She's not all Scottish, she's like a half-breed who has only half a Scottish accent. Fucking disgusting aberration.
t. scot
>>
>>170267676
ummm her actress IS scottish

kinda racist of you t b h
>>
File: fuck you.gif (1MB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.gif
1MB, 315x315px
>>170268168
GET TAE FUCK YE WEE BASTAR'
>>
>>170266264
>quarians
dropped
>>
>>
>>170271529
Josephine really needs to get more sleep.
>>
File: ScreenshotWin32_0137_Final.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenshotWin32_0137_Final.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>170271938
Tired waifus are the cutest.
>>
I'm going to marry Jien!
>>
>>170272127
want to kiss.
>>
>>170272127
Don't do meth, kids.
>>
>>170266264
Oh thank christ, she sounds normal and not like Donnelly.

...I want to be a VA now. ;~;
>>
>>170267676
>She's not all Scottish
>>170274914
>she sounds normal
I choose to believe Asunder!
>>
>>170275154
I concede anon has a bit of a point, it's a very mild accent, even milder than my own. She sounds as though perhaps she's been living abroad for a while, or comes from a posh area. But it's real.
>>
I just bought the goty edition of Inquisition on PS4 because it's on sale, but the damn thing won't load. It's just stuck on a loading screen with a little green symbol in the bottom right corner and has been for 20 minutes. What do?
>>
>>170275372
your ps4 is trying to save you from playing this shit game
>>
>>170275372
ensure it's fully installed and patched

or try disconnecting from the internet before launching
>>
>>170275372
Did you google it? Google's telling me it's probably not finished downloading fully yet (sometimes its says it has when it hasn't) and trying to install addons/play before then borks it.
>>
>>170275868
I installed everything when I bought it. The PS4 went into sleep mode after and is saying everything is already installed.
>>
>shown Scott/Cora romance in trailer
>unsubtle twitter "hints" that Liam, Peebee, Jaal, and Vetra are LIs
>Peebee and Vetra are all but confirmed to be bi
>directly asked about m/m romances
>"we're not talking about romances before release :)"
s-so progressive......
>>
Is sarcastic Hawke the only saving grace of Dragon age 2?
>>
>>170276672
It stops being funny 30 minutes in so no
>>
>>170276672
>*red Hawke
Yes.
>>
>>170276672
Bethany is pretty cute
>>
>>170276672
isabella's fat tits
>>
>>170276771
>perfect body
>cute voice
>shit tier personality
It's unfair.
>>
File: 4106-3-1488675944.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4106-3-1488675944.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>170276771
my man
>>
>>170277263
>Shitskin
>Perfect
>>
File: 1387646230259.jpg (135KB, 799x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1387646230259.jpg
135KB, 799x1200px
>>170277331
Way too much health.
>>
>>170277338
You left your containment board

Here's a handy link to get you back quickly: >>>/pol/
>>
I..I don't like rude Isabella.
>>
>>170276541
Even bioware knows that yuri is the superior form of love.
>>
>>170277610
>getting this buttblasted over a little bit of racism
>>>/qa/ is that way buddy
>>
>>170277640
>Merrill is too clingy and anime
>Isabela has commitment issues and acts too 3dpd-like
DA2 waifus are just too much.
>>
File: 1417.jpg (63KB, 900x495px) Image search: [Google]
1417.jpg
63KB, 900x495px
>>170278135
>tfw the best character wasn't romanceable
>>
>>170278412
>tfw the best characters weren't romanceable
>>
>>170278412
varric sucks ass
>>
>>170278665
In Inquisition, yes.
>>
File: tumblr_njzlpybwLs1qb2a0to1_1280.jpg (173KB, 663x958px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njzlpybwLs1qb2a0to1_1280.jpg
173KB, 663x958px
>>170278638
Feels bad.
>>
>>170278721
in every game he's in

the character is fucking awful

i hate him
>>
>>170279365
>>170278665
Fuck off height supremacist.
>>>/fit/
>>
>>170278412
Varric/Hawke is canon to me...
>>
>>170278638
Regis like in appearance...
>>
File: 1465904731306.jpg (410KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465904731306.jpg
410KB, 1920x1080px
>>170282108
Why is he so cute?
>>
>>170282218
Because you have daddy issues
>>
File: 1465962973946.png (1MB, 1149x876px) Image search: [Google]
1465962973946.png
1MB, 1149x876px
>>170282321
Regis isn't even daddy-like.
>>
>can't have Regis live with Geralt and Yen
>can't have superior mlmlw romance
what the fuck CDPR
>>
File: 1418.jpg (113KB, 733x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1418.jpg
113KB, 733x1089px
Too cute.
>>
>>170285514
This makes my stomach hurt
>>
>>170264230
Wonderful.
>>
>>170276152
Close out the program completely and try again.
>>
File: 1419.jpg (132KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1419.jpg
132KB, 1200x675px
>page 10..
>>
>>170289275
that image makes me sad, anon
>>
>>170289963
Me too because she didn't actually get stabbed
>>
File: NewVivienneProfile.png (2MB, 922x1059px) Image search: [Google]
NewVivienneProfile.png
2MB, 922x1059px
>>170290351
>>
>>170289963
It was just a dream, anon. No one would hurt her.
>>
File: 1419396443423.jpg (47KB, 483x422px) Image search: [Google]
1419396443423.jpg
47KB, 483x422px
>>170289275
Do you think in this fleeting dream world, a blip in time, Samson was happy? Even for a moment? Do you think with all the resources in Thedas, he was able to reverse Max's tranquillity? Do you think he would even be able to bring himself to do it, and have to face up to what he'd done? Is there any alternate universe where Samson is happy, other than one where he never joined the Templars at all?
>>
File: 1420.jpg (81KB, 564x509px) Image search: [Google]
1420.jpg
81KB, 564x509px
>>170292106
>>
>can't trade Cory Cullen for Samson
>can't cure his red lyrium madness with you're dick
>>
>>170291137
how is she so perfect, friends?
>>
Was posting about landwhales worse or better than this?
>>
File: tfw.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
7KB, 645x773px
>>170290808
She looks like wojak
>>
File: by itsprecioustime 2.jpg (612KB, 700x1005px) Image search: [Google]
by itsprecioustime 2.jpg
612KB, 700x1005px
>>170293754
It's a win-win since Red Lyrium Cullen is arguably best Cullen desu!
>>
>>170241104
A taro game by Platinum? Hell yeah.
>>
File: 1427594037499.jpg (158KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1427594037499.jpg
158KB, 707x1000px
>>170298386
Red lyrium Cullen is admittedly quite the specimen, aesthetically. He loses all virtue though and that kinda kills it for me.
>>
File: by therealmcgee.jpg (192KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
by therealmcgee.jpg
192KB, 500x667px
>>170302675
But anon, the corruption of that virtue and subsequent internal struggle rotting him faster than the lyrium is what makes it so perfect. The conflict of a good man bent to dark deeds is beautiful.
>>
corruption fetish <<< decorruption fetish

desu
>>
>>170303562
I don't really get my jollies there. To watch a man fall from grace, especially a fall of that kind of extreme.. it's too much for me. We're talking about fictional characters here, obviously, but I can't find delight in it at all. It radiates it's own kind of pain.
>>170304749
I'll agree with this, but it's not fetish-tier by any stretch.
>>
>>170305416
>We're talking about fictional characters here, obviously, but I can't find delight in it at all.
This is why corruption isn't really my thing. I like it on a character development level, but in my opinion it's much more satisfying to see an already broken character heal.
>>
>>170305416
As an addendum; it's also relatively easy to give into darker deeds. True strength is in the constant struggle against it, but still maintaining their original moral highground and observing the differences in personality because of those struggles. It gives a man depth to have conquered his own darkness.
>>
File: by noisyghost.jpg (607KB, 800x848px) Image search: [Google]
by noisyghost.jpg
607KB, 800x848px
If being a slut for pain and suffering is wrong, then I don't want to be right.
>>
>>170305695
Right. Much more difficult to break and succumb, becoming another shitty pseudo-sinister superstar just waiting to crumble under the pressure of their own eventual megalomania.
>>
File: 1488000285837.jpg (806KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488000285837.jpg
806KB, 1600x900px
>>
File: Jeremy-Kyle-teeth-MAIN.jpg (35KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
Jeremy-Kyle-teeth-MAIN.jpg
35KB, 615x410px
>>170309603
>>
>>170310323
No!
>>
>>170237673
are you jesus
>>
leliana is canonically ded
>>
What does /dag/ think of Cole? I don't see a lot of posts about him.
>>
File: IMG_1777.jpg (61KB, 564x668px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1777.jpg
61KB, 564x668px
Solas
>>
>>170318063
Where
>>
>>170321143
In your bedroom
>>
>>170321652
Well I guess I'm not sleeping tonight
>>
>>170321760
Don't worry anon, he's just eating in bed and getting cake crumbs all over your sheets
>>
>>170321880
But I just changed my sheets!
>>
>>170321652
>>170321880

>ywn find Solas caught in the bear-trap you left in your bedroom
>ywn hear him scramble for his weapon as you heat a knife over a flame with a grin on your face
>>
>>170322027
Your sheets are next
>>
Laying in bed snuggled up with your waifu to protect your innocent sheets from the Bald Menace
>>
>>170322675
What if the Bald Menace is my waifu? Will my sheets never be safe again?
>>
>>170322910
I hope you like waking up covered in crumbs
>>
>>170322910
>>170323453

I hope you also like eunuchs
>>
>>170322910
Then you should kys
>>
Most annoying people in the thread:
>solaswives
>lelfags
>tripfags
>fake /meg/ refugees
>normies

OK-list
>actual /meg/ refugees
>mr. sword
>liara-anon
>normal waifufags who don't seek attention (Tulpa included)
>people who is currently playing DA and posting results
>creativefriends
>suddenly game/lore discussions fags
>kurwas, rpgs, obsidian, got, etc. fags (no ov*rw*tch allowed)
>>
>>170323681
I genuinely have no idea who Mr. Sword is
>>
>>170323508
Why are you so angry, anon?
>>
This Man Killed A General In Just Two Simple Steps!

The Amazing Journey Of The Guy Who Hates Dragon Age.
>>
File: 1474959879253.jpg (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1474959879253.jpg
2MB, 2048x2048px
>>170325857
>Mods hate him!
>>
>>170325857
I thought he just didn't like the state of the general. That said, I don't understand why he'd come here and contribute to the threads (insofar as shitposting can be called contributing) if he hates it so much.
>>
File: Dragon-Age-Morrigan-video-games.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Age-Morrigan-video-games.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
>>
Don't you die on me.
>>
File: 1390.jpg (1MB, 1574x2300px) Image search: [Google]
1390.jpg
1MB, 1574x2300px
I..I love every /dag/anon, even the rude ones.
>>
Just finished up Trespassser
Thoughts:
This is some of the best writing the Bioware has done in years, even going back to Kotor (replayed recently) in my opinion.

They did something sorta interesting by giving a lot of different interpretations of the Inquisitor near the end, and really fleshed out your relationship with Solas and the others as well.

The final fight was also objectively the best in the game, it felt thematic and played to the weird hodgepodge combat well (parts where tactical works better, others where you just want to respond in the moment)

The Mark Surge mechanic was also great, felt really thematic.

Music was great across the board.

I went with Divine Vivienne, I liked how it played out
>Holy Tyrant on the throne that shows mercy out of respect for Inquisitor
>Cassandra goes full Big Boss and MSF with the Seekers, leaving the Patriots (Exalted Council)
I wish there were more opportunities to sympathize with the Qunari and appreciate the Qun as a way of life, as far as roleplaying options go
>>
File: morrigan 2.jpg (372KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
morrigan 2.jpg
372KB, 1920x1080px
>>170331524
>overwatch fag
OUT!
>>
>>170331608
I think Gaider or one of the other writers mentioned that the Qun is supposed to be really alien and unrelatable as a philosophy. Either way, I agree - Trespasser was fantastic and I hope we can expect that level of writing quality for DA4. The first character I used to play it was the one I romanced Solas with, so that ending hurt like a bitch.
>>
>>170331524
This picture makes me want to take another business trip to Korea.
Hanging out with random peoples in bars, going and making the rounds on friday or saturday night. Ending the night with a visit to the local PC Bang.
Went there this Summer, played tons of Overwatch at launch with them
>>
File: we have rad-off.png (115KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
we have rad-off.png
115KB, 500x500px
>>170332028
I played an open minded Dwarven Sword Board.
I liked to think he was like a John Wick: a man brutally efficient at his job (all my armor had Thousand Cuts on them) but yearned to get out of the game and see more to life.

I took the betrayal pretty hard to be honest, I kept pointing out how he used us.
That was one of the things that surprised me about the writing near the end: it perfectly encapsulates how most players could be feeling and offers just the right dialogue options.

Also, the Qun is just Islamic Communism with a bit of Confucianism thrown in.

I hope my Dwarf Inquisitor gets the option to use some of that Ancient Dwarven Titan magic to get his Stone sense and maybe a lyri-arm like the Guardians and Profane have in DA4

Also, the boss fight with the Unshackled Lyrium-coked up Saarebas was crazy thematic.

It was a validation of everything Solas criticized about the Veil and modern ignorance of Magic, someone who was so thoroughly antagonistic towards magic that they went insane from being , as the Qunari put it, "drowned in a sea of magic"

Also, the Hard in Hightown Chapter ??? was really sad. Varric's serials are a reflection of his own adventures. Chapter ??? is the chapter he never wants to write, and the Fade Sacrifice makes an appearance. Maybe they're the ones who wrote the chapter, or at least imprinted on the spirits who did?
>>
>>170332329
In all honesty, both Trespasser and Descent had amazing final levels, though Trespasser had a great dialogue follow up where Descent was kind of weak in that regard.

I'm happy I capped off my playthrough with a first time through them both, makes me a bit optimistic for DA4
>>
>>170331608
Trespasser dlc is great indeed. The final fight with Saarath, the beautiful soundtrack and confronting Solas were the best parts of whole Dragon Age series.

One thing I didn't like about it was the devs trying so hard to force the Qunari into the story. The Qunari are supposed to be mercenaries. They finding about the Eluvians and researching about them, invading the Winter Palace... felt odd to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AdZTBtzA4I
>>
>>170332512
What are you talking about? The Qunari are Commie Muslims.
It's a well known fact that they wish to see the whole world under the Qun, just as the Chantry wishes to see the whole world chant the Chant of Light.
>>
>>170332329
Yeah, the dialogue was great. I'd previously imagined! my Lavellan developing some serious abandonment issues between Solas leaving and her clan getting massacred, so the fact that I could play that up to an extent felt really nice.

What surprised me was how on the mark the fan theories were in regards to Solas's motivations and the Evanuris, though. Some of what I'd read months before we even knew Trespasser was going to be a thing was almost 1:1 with what ended up happening.
>>
>>170332595
>It's a well known fact that they wish to see the whole world under the Qun
That might be true but I always saw them as a race which uses sheer number and brute force to overwhelm their enemies. I never expected them to be intelligent enough to find about the Eluvians.
>>
>>170332739
Well basically after you find out he's Fen Harel, most of his previous dialogue is put into an entirely different context which sort of is why he's one of the best written Bioware characters in general.

I'm still curious how the Titans will play into this, given how they have hearts of Lyrium and Lyrium is a weird sort of meta-material that is both magical and physical.

I had Vivienne when the Qunari told us about Solas, and her reaction was perfect
"How wonderfully unsurprising"
Nothing gets past Divine de Fer
>>
>>170332849
Their society is a sort of medieval communism taken up to 11.
Every member has an assigned role and job that they're evaluated to be at a young age and they get groomed for that.
Their soldiers don't have to think or have personalities so they're trained to be pure muscle.
They have commanders who are more intelligent and they get that groomed (the Viddasala with the book on her shoulder for instance).

NOW, the weird thing IS that they were so active to use magical artifacts and red lyrium and lyrium in general

IF you read a note in the study at the DarVaraad, you find out that that particular group of Qunari were an extremist cell that were carrying out orders outside of the direct command of the Triumverate, the leaders of the Qunari (You kill one of them in DA2, the Arishok)

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Qunari#Society_and_culture

IT's also suggested they were turned into their current form by some outside force meddling elves with dragon blood
>>
>>170333035
>>170332849
Like imagine all the crazy stuff that the Soviet Union got up to in the 50s-80s.
Now imagine a sort of SUPER GIGA Soviet Union of Dragon-Muslims doing the same, but in a world with magic as much as technology
>>
>>170333035
Yeah I read the theory of the Qunari being an artificial race created by the Evanuris, mixing their Elven slaves + dragon blood.

I just don't find the Qunari interesting, and sadly Dragon Age 4 will surely involve them because Tevinter.
>>
>>170332873
Well, the Titans are supposed to be the source of lyrium since it's their blood, right? That doesn't explain how it's linked to the Fade, though, or what caused dwarves to break away from the Titans (and presumably lose their connection to the Fade) in the first place. I really want to hear more about them, but I'd like to learn more about the dwarves in general too since they still haven't gotten much focus.
>>
>>170333552
I wager we'll see some since they're kind of an omniprescent race, not bound by traditional geographic borders.

If anything, they may be the Gods of the physical realm, or jailers of the Old Gods.

What the Old Gods really are at this point, who the Maker really is and so forth are all sort of questions in the air right now.
It'll be interesting to see how they work together.

What's more, I wager that Solas doesn't know about the Titans. They're an underground presence for Lyrium, something unneeded in a world where you can reshape reality easily with your thoughts.

Did the titans always exist, are they the Earth itself?
>>
>>170333757
>>170333552
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Codex_entry:_Veilfire_Runes_in_the_Deep_Roads
Okay, so apparently the Elves DID know of the Titans, and sought to tame the land so they killed a few and mined the Lyrium.

But Mythal and the other Evanuris sealed the entrances to the mines they used, out of fear that the Titans would retaliate.

So, all in all, it seems that at least in the mortal plane, the Dwarves have the highest affinity.
>>
>>170333757
>wager that Solas doesn't know about the Titans
Of course he does. The 9 Evanuris (Elven gods) took down the Titans, and Solas was one of them.

The Old Gods and Titans are basically primordial beings depicted as the Sky and the Earth, that created the universe of Dragon Age (Thedas, Fade, etc). The 9 Evanuris incapacitated them both and became the omnipotent, tyrannical rulers of ancient Thedas (Elvhenan).

The Maker and how the Old Gods actually got buried deep into the earth are still a mystery at this point.
>>
>>170333868
>>170333757
>>170333552
HOLY FUCK, THE RABBIT HOLE DOESNT STOP.
Titans are very likely the Gods of the mortal realm. Why do I say this? Because every creature that becomes more disconnected from the Fade becomes more in tune with the Titans.
Templars, Dwarves, Tranquil.

The Earth is the domain of reality, but the Sky is the Fade's. This would explain why rifts don't exist underground, as well as they whey always appear in the air rather than on any physical surface.

Every dimension (Fade, Stone) has magic but in different forms. The Fade has it spread out across evenly, but the Earth has it condensed in the forms of Titans.
>>
>>170334096
Ye, I put it in this comment after I did some digging >>170333868
Don't know how I missed that veilfire codex

It seems that they were able to kill some of the Titans, but they ended up abandoning Lyrium mining for fear of what they unleashed. The Dwarven race maybe?
>>
>>170334096
>>170334178
>>170334230
What if the Maker completes the geographic trio as the God of the Sea, where the humans came from to the walking lands.

I wager there's also something to be said about the Void as well
>>
>>170334230
>What the Evanuris in their greed could unleash would end us all. Let this place be forgotten. Let no one wake its anger. The People must rise before their false gods destroy them all."

If all the Olds Gods or the Titans die, something bad would happen to the world. We know both of them are the essence of creation, the Earth and the Sky. Maybe at some point the Evanuris realized this and Mythal stopped them from completely destroying the Titans?

The Evanuris were greedy for power but Mythal and Solas were different.
>>
>>170334565
I took it to mean that they ended up pissing off the Titans, and sealed off the mines to keep any of their minions from coming out

There's also a theory that The Maker is the Titans, that Andraste was an Elf and the Templars are a copy paste of the Sha Brytol, though I don't put much stock in it given that we know how the Templars formed more or less, from Ameridan
>>
>>170334178
Holy shit, I never realized this. That's why templars have the "old song" in them, like Cole says. The use of lyrium and the disconnection from the Fade in the Tranquils' case is making them more grounded in the Titans' particular brand of magic. Could it be that having a connection to the Titans makes you closer to the hivemind-like state early dwarves were in?

>>170334230
>The Dwarven race maybe?
Maybe. We know dwarves are a little more resistant to magic than other races since they're not connected to the Fade, so I can see them posing a threat to an empire that was largely defined by magic, but that's dependent whether or not they were still the Titans' drones when the Evanuris were around.

Actually, I wonder if it's the Blight? Maybe the elves uncovered red lyrium and realized what it could do.
>>
>>170335172
Well and Silas describes Templar powers as reality enforcing and fade rejecting. Ergo, they're a power of a dimensional nature and so could only be acquired by becoming in tune with the opposite of the Fade.
>>
>>170335172
It could be the Blight actually, the Andraste was a Pure Dwarf theory supports this as it positions the often referenced darkness as Red Lyrium and the Profane (corrupted Guardians, possibly of corrupted Titans)
But then where did the Blight come from? The Maker but who is the Maker to make such a thing
>>
>>170335039
Nay, why would the Evanuris care about puny Dwarves when they took down literal gods?

>"What the Evanuris in their greed could unleash would end us all" - random Elf
>would end us "all"
They were scared about a literal apocalypse if they kept killing the Titans and mining Lyrium.
>>
>>170335581
I know someone here mentioned that the Blight originated from decayed Titan blood, a.k.a. red lyrium. I don't know how true that is, but considering the lasting damage even a small-scale Blight can do, extreme terror would be a pretty understandable reaction if that's what they uncovered. It would also explain how the Evanuris infected the Black City, and by extension the magisters, if that story about Andruil wearing "armor made of the Void" is anything to go by.
>>
>>170335697
Because the Dwarves might have been their answer to Evanuris murdering other Titans. A new race engineered to be extra resistant to magic
Continued mining might provoke the Titans and Dwarves into open war. It is somewhat suggested that the Sha Brytol are born and trained to protect the Titans
I mean elves in game have no special relationship with magic damage like Dwarves do.

Alternately, to your theory, it could be that the death of all the Titans could cause a legitimate apocalypse if the planet or continents begin to fall apart

The lore in this game got exponentially better as it's gone forward, particularly with Descent and Trespasser
>>
>>170335820
MMM, then the Forgotten Ones in elven mythology might be the Old God high dragon gods (similar to how Hakkon was bound to a draconic body)
The Forgotten Ones were banished to the Void

The question is why would they infect the Golden City? The Maker is very clearly an existing entity but is that just a name for another figure or is He his own entity?
Or was the Golden City just a ploy to create Darkspawn as revenge against the Titans and an attempt to kill the Dwarves?
I wonder how much the Architect knows.

Knowing all this, does that make Reavers and Grey Wardens a sort of Templar as well?
Reavers drink dragon blood and develop an addiction of sorts, and given how Both Dragons and the Fade are associated with the Sky, and the dragons might be to the Forgotten Ones/Old Gods as the Evanuris were to the Elves, they're also taking in a sort of other worldly substance to align their nature more with a certain higher being
>>
LIAM

IS

STRAIGHT
>>
>>170335820
I mentioned that. The Titans that were killed by the Evanuris, decayed, their blood decayed too and transformed into Red Lyrium, the source of blight itself. The children of the stone, the Dwarves somehow exposed themselves to Red Lyrium and became the first Darkspawn.

There was group of rebel Elves that were tired of the Evanuris' tyanny. They drank Red Lyrium themselves and became the Forgotten Ones and fought against the Evanuris. These Forgotten Ones later whispered the Tevinter Magisters to invade the Black City, and the Tevinter magisters became the 2nd Darkspawn. (3rd if the Forgotten Ones were darkspawn themselves)

Void is the place where the Forgotten Ones live or "trapped". It is a part of the Black City.
>>
>>170336496
tyranny*
>>
>>170336496
Then what are the Old God souls trapped in the High Dragons underground?

Also, I doubt the Dwarves became Darkspawn after the Titans decayed. I wager they were herded away, or became the Profane
>>
>>170336207
Here's the thing about the Golden/Black City:

- According to the Canticle of Exaltations, the City has seven gates which will eventually break and cover both the mortal and spirit realms in darkness.
- There are seven Evanuris currently imprisoned somewhere in the Fade, and Dalish mythology suggests that they're inside the City.
- Spirits and demons can supposedly get closer to it than mages can, but they seem to actively avoid it to keep from being tainted.

What I'm suggesting is that when Solas imprisoned the Evanuris, they brought the Blight with them (probably accidentally, through Andruil), and it's been growing unchecked in the City ever since. The magisters got close enough to be infected almost instantly and that's how it got out into the mortal world. As for the Maker, I'm still not sure how He figures into all this, if He does at all in a direct sense.
>>
>>170336729
They are definitely not the Forgotten Ones. They are a counterpart of the Titans, Old Dragon gods that ruled the Sky as the Titans ruled the Earth, before the Evanuris struck them down.

When the Elven gods struck down the Old Gods they transferred a part of their power into them and became immortal.
>>
>>170336968
OKAY WAIT
In regards to the Maker, I've been looking over Exaltations and I'm starting to see what we might be in for. Here are the full verses to avoid text bloat: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Chant_of_Light_Verses#Canticle_of_Exaltations

>The air itself rent asunder, / Spilling light unearthly from the / Waters of the Fade...
This is an almost exact description of the Breach, so it's the starting point for everything else.

>Seven times seventy men of stone immense...
This part is definitely referencing the Titans, who may be waking up as of the Descent.

>And I heard from the East a great cry / As men who were beasts warred with their brothers...
Hard to say, but I'm guessing these are the qunari. Not sure who their "brothers" are, though.

>And those who slept, the ancient ones, awoke...
This is very obviously referencing the Evanuris, since we're likely going to see them awaken. It's backed up in a later verse:
>And I looked up and saw / The seven gates of the Black City shatter, / And darkness cloaked both realms.

The Canticle goes on to say that the darkness is "turned to ash" by light, and then the Maker returns to the world and ends all war. Interestingly, it suggests He does this BEFORE the Chant is sung from all corners of the land, which makes the whole thing less like the divine calling to spread the Chant that we've seen before and more like Revelations.

So we've seen the Breach and the Titans waking up, the qunari are a given since we're going to Tevinter, and we're all but guaranteed to see the Evanuris put in an appearance soon. All that's left after that is for darkness to cover the land and be purged by a great light.

We're playing through the events that portend the Maker coming back. Which may or may not actually mean the apocalypse. This probably sounds stupid, but while I still don't know what to expect after the Evanuris get free, I can't help but be extremely suspicious of what happens when the darkness is gone.
>>
>>170338354
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwa-mKETJW0
>>
>>170338615
Oh shit, I'd almost forgotten about that. It is not comforting.
>>
>>170336304
>Scott Ryder could not seem to resist flirting with Peebee; the option came up multiple times in our chat, which seemed to be the first opportunity the pair had had to really get to know each other
>yet another forced asari shit
I want Bioware to DIE.
>>
File: 32961235971_ac4dd00b3d_h.jpg (626KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
32961235971_ac4dd00b3d_h.jpg
626KB, 1066x1600px
>>
I..I want to touch Leliana's sclera.
>>
Lavellan mind controlling Dorian and forcing him to impregnate her...
>>
>>170340525
I want to shove my tongue into it and lick up the pulpy white stuff.
>>
>>170340841
Anon..no. I won't even let you touch her index finger.
>>
File: 20948591310_dcbd05db7e_o.jpg (2MB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
20948591310_dcbd05db7e_o.jpg
2MB, 3200x1800px
>>170341530
I'm going to corner Leliana in a dark alleyway when anon isn't looking and have my way with her eyeballs!
>>
>>170332042
What is a PC Bang?
>>
>>170341613
Don't hurt her..
>>
>>170341703
Internet cafe.
>>
File: 16339387936_e9b7b70f75_o.jpg (266KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
16339387936_e9b7b70f75_o.jpg
266KB, 1920x1080px
>>170341959
She can regenerate bodyparts anyway being the gross undead zombie that she is.
>>
Punished Leliana?
>>
>>170342208
>tfw she is cute even while on zombie-mode
>>
>>170342159
They still have those? I thought that trend died out around 2005.
>>
>>170343392
Not in Korea.
>>
>>170345416
Bit envious of your work/travel life, anon.
>>
>>170346625
I am NOT that Anon!
>>
>>170346858
But I am you.
>>
>>170346858
>>170346902
And we are ONE.
>>
>>
I..I have seen some very lewd things on /dag/.
>>
>>170347791
/dag/ would be a paradise for someone with necrophilia.
>>
>>170347326
qunari girls are such semen demons...
>>
i hate qunari girls 2bh!
>>
File: 1468786142607.png (592KB, 512x551px) Image search: [Google]
1468786142607.png
592KB, 512x551px
>>170349726
Dummy!
>>
File: 1486679053264.jpg (2MB, 2400x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1486679053264.jpg
2MB, 2400x3600px
>>170349995
be nice!
>>
>>170349995
>>170350135
gross
>>
File: 1383441039015.jpg (78KB, 737x758px) Image search: [Google]
1383441039015.jpg
78KB, 737x758px
>tfw 660gtx
>Andromeda requires 1060 to run well
>>
File: sara_by_ynorka_by_ynorka-d8x0euo.jpg (156KB, 773x1034px) Image search: [Google]
sara_by_ynorka_by_ynorka-d8x0euo.jpg
156KB, 773x1034px
>>170350321
No u.
>>
>>170240118
my ultimate femdom waifu
>>
>>170350609
>sera will never crush you to death with her thick thighs

why even live
>>
File: 1419991422022.jpg (45KB, 456x414px) Image search: [Google]
1419991422022.jpg
45KB, 456x414px
>>170350375

>mfw 1060
>But probably not playing it until months later
I will miss out on all the awesome launch bugs.
>>
>>170350719
To eat her cookies!
>>
>>170350852
I'd rather eat her ass if we're being completely honest here...
>>
>>170350819
>Launch bugs
Best part. Didn't DA:I have a bug after a hotfix that changed the faces of every player character? Some even got wrinkles.
>>
File: tumblr_oahh9pqAga1qc8gdjo3_1280.png (908KB, 1159x775px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oahh9pqAga1qc8gdjo3_1280.png
908KB, 1159x775px
>>
Liara?!
>>
>>170354212
Yes!
>>
>>170353776
want to
>>
>daddy Ryder has recordings of Liara's voice in his bedroom
Shepard isn't the only N7 she loved...
>>
>>170357897
fuck that!
>>
>>170357897
Nah Ryder is a flamer
>>
>>170357897
>Willingly listening to her voice
That is self harming
>>
>>170358684
he has two children.......
>>
Does he even lift?
>>
>>170347326
>draws a human with horns and elf ears
0/10
>>
>>170360963
would hug
>>
>>170361143
could you do any better??

no?

then STFU!
>>
>>170347326
the qun does not support this action
>>
>>170357897
What are you talking about?
>>
for the first minute is exactly what should happen to you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKhYJFwIbQA
>>
>>170362473
*to (You)
>>
>>170362598
you're bas, you just do not understand.
>>
>>170362081
Liara being a lying slattern!
>>
>>170362794
I'M BASCH FON RONSENBURG OF DALMASCA
>>
>>170363007
*unsheathes monowire katana*
You've insulted my waifu's honor, knave!
>>
>>170363151
weeb garbage
>>
>>170363151
Ebasit Ben-Hassrath maraas-toh, tal-eb iss mer-toh ari-van
>>
>>170363331
DON'T BELIEVE ONDORE'S LIES

>>170363505
I'M CAPTAIN BASCH
>>
>>170363505
Meravas Imekari.
>>
Balthier...... BALTHIER...!!!!
>>
I'm just a crazy gal with a big ol' beard
>>
>>170366365
Thomas?
>>
>>170366732
Alva?
>>
>>170364243

Worst final fantasy Tbh
>>
>>170368760
I dunno, ff13 exists
>>
>>170369078
and ff13 is based

have you tried getting good taste?
>>
>>170369312
>vanille and hope
>good taste
>>
File: IMG_1785.png (115KB, 276x230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1785.png
115KB, 276x230px
>>170369312
>ff13 is based
>>
>>
>>
>>170370450
Reminder that Kieran killed and ate the original Morrigan and the DA:I barbie doll Morrigan is an impostor created from Alistair's wet dreams.
>>
>>170350719
>you will never be Sera's first foray into being Bi rather than lesbian
I have a thing for slight butterface
>>
>>170370975
Sera's got a rotten personality on top of looking like she took a shovel to the face, so I'm having a hard time seeing the appeal.
>>
>>170370450
How is this outfit worksafe when her armpit is still exposed
>>
>>170370391
DELETE THIS!
>>
>>170372315
Anon, hush. It's cute. We both know Lavellan is canonically for Solas anyway, so why not let other people have their fun?
>>
>>170372479
Pure cancer
>>
>>170338691
So the one who rises is...Either Solas or whoever we play as in DA4.
>>170338354
So the Darkness that the Evanuris have is almost definitely the Blight but then why did the Old Gods/Forgotten Ones send the Magisters there? To try to rouse the Evanuris from their sleep?
>>
>Liara voice recording in MEA
I wonder if she'll show up in a DLC or something
>>
>>170373985
I hope so.

I'd love a chance to see that fat blue ass again.
>>
>>170373985
>>170374072
I mean, maybe in a holo recording.
>>
>>170373985
gosh I hope I can murder her
>>
>>170374072
>>170374182
Well, I was thinking about it, and I don't see why the people in Andromeda wouldn't want to reestablish communications with the Milky Way as soon as possible. There could be a DLC, set entirely within the Andromeda galaxy, that ties the two together a bit, closes some of the plot holes from ME3, and provides an epilogue of sorts, since there just wasn't one

Maybe I'm putting too much faith in Bioware not being retarded
>>
>>170374626
>Maybe I'm putting too much faith in Bioware not being retarded

You absolutely are
>>
>>170374626
Because by the time you actually arrive in Andromeda, it is 600+ years later.

Actually, Liara might still be alive, assuming the galaxy hasn't changed too much
>>
>>170373504
Solas or the Evanuris.

The darknesss is pure chaos caused by their power, not the blight. The Evanuris can transform into dragons.
>>
>>170374846
That's where Liara comes in. She'd be the only living person that anyone who played the trilogy would recognize
>>
>>170374964
ummmmmm Avina is in the game???
>>
>>170375168
*explodes the citadel*
hehehe... nope!
>>
>>170360963
nu-male confirmed
>>
>>170373504
>So the one who rises is...Either Solas or whoever we play as in DA4.
I'm inclined to think it's Solas between the two, since the protagonist's gender has always been up to the player and Sandal specifically says "He." I don't know how I feel about Solas being the primary threat, though - he's definitely an antagonist at this point, but Cole says in Trespasser that he's "not that kind of wolf," so I think whatever comes after the Evanuris is going to be even bigger. I don't think you'd get the option to try to talk down the BBEG anyway.

>So the Darkness that the Evanuris have is almost definitely the Blight but then why did the Old Gods/Forgotten Ones send the Magisters there? To try to rouse the Evanuris from their sleep?
Hard to say at this point. If the Old Gods and the Forgotten Ones are the same thing, they might have tried sending the magisters there to kill them, but that's just my guess.
>>
>>170374072
The Andromeda initiative launched before the events of Mass Effect 3. There is no way we would see Liara or anything related the Milky Way galaxy.

It is just a recording.
>>
>>170374890
Well the one who rises is Singular, so it has to be Solas. But I feel like it might be someone else.

The Darkness is, as we've put it here, likely to be the Blight if only because that's all that is known to have been found in the Black City
>>
>>170375351
you are NOT legally allowed to reproduce that meme!
>>
post your favourite picture of you're waifu!
>>
>>170376156
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/146869594/#147013394
Au contraire
>>
>>170375478
I'm reading more and I think the Maker, or at least the creator of the Golden City might have been Solas.

My feeling is the modern Chant of Light is a corroboration of various events around that time, like the modern day Bible is.

The part about the Golden City being made of gold and having music for streets and banners that flow without wind makes it sound like something out of Ancient Elven architecture, pre-Veil.

So I wager that the Golden City might have been Solas' fade home, where he trapped the Evanuris and where the Forgotten Ones aimed to break into.
>>
>>170376560
fake! sad! see you in court!
>>
File: ....png (142B, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
....png
142B, 704x396px
>>170376550
>>
>>170377273
uh . . .
>>
Liz!
>>
>>170376715
On a side note, I had a sort of idea for how prior Protagonists could be incorporated into DA4: sort of swap-missions where you play as them and make some decisions as well as some roleplaying choices that define their views on things prior to meeting the DA4 protagonist (I'll just call them the Slave).

You could become the Warden for a bit on his expedition to research the Calling and the Blight in general and see some of the past decisions from DAO coming to light there.

You could play as the Champion, trying to deal with the political climate in the Free Marches and in Southern Thedas in general or exploring the Fade.

You could play as the Inquisitor, managing the military efforts to ferret out Solas and doing R&D into the ancient world I'll be honest, I just want this system so we can make some cool as decisions for these characters: like turning our Dwarf Inquisitors into Titans or getting made Pure for Titans
>>
>>170377653
>>
File: mDq5quf.png (434KB, 447x523px) Image search: [Google]
mDq5quf.png
434KB, 447x523px
>>170377917
Liz is old and busted.
>>
>>170377663
Won't work because Hawk and HoF can both die. And the Inquisitor can't wield shields, bows, staves and two-handed weapons.
>>
>>170378498
>calls liz old and busted
>posts random witcher whore

lol
>>
>>170378606
Well so that's what I'm thinking the R&D will be for.
We've discussed on this general before that it seems pretty likely that the Inquisitor will get some sort of prosthetic, seeing how they get one if they become a Friend of Red Jenny and those people are effectively hobos in terms of resources.

Im thinking a Lyrium Arm for Templars (like responsive, pure-lyrium arm similar to those the Red Templars develop).

Or, if you're a Dwarf, one of those Lyrium Infused arms that the Guardians develop made of Stone and Lyrium Veins
>>
File: 1433899709632.jpg (625KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1433899709632.jpg
625KB, 1920x1080px
>>170378912
>St. Ciri
>random
>>
There are room for Liz AND Ciri!!!
>>
>>170379064
more ci 'sold her body to pay for her travels' ri
>>
>>170378912
Anon please, we can all be friends.
>>
File: WHWqkKl.png (622KB, 686x793px) Image search: [Google]
WHWqkKl.png
622KB, 686x793px
>>170379202
More like Eliza"worked as a prostitute in Rapture to afford boob implants"beth.
>>
>>170379030
The Inquisitor might return as a playable character for a mission or two, but he won't be the main protagonist. There are many reasons, like, the Inquisitor can marry certain characters in Inquisition which would prevent romance with every Dragon Age 4 companion
>>
>>170379894
I agree that the Inquisitor wont be the main protagonist, it's all but guaranteed that we get a new one each game.
I'm just saying that they're likely to play a key role still, especially insofar as interacting with other key members of the geopolitical sphere and Solas.
Hence, we would need to play as them (or Bioware would need to save up an account of most of our relationships) to accurately portray that situation.

It's also pretty likely that the DA4 protagonist will be a subordinate or trained by the Inquisition or its remnants
>>
>>170379373
You're right, anon.
>>
>>170379894
>>170380179
Every time I think of DA4 all I think is "man I REALLY would like to play as my warden again, maybe they'll finally realize he was best pc and had the best companions" and then I realize they let you kill him. And I doubt they'll be able to top the Origins group so I get sad.
>>
Let's eat ice cream and watch bad lesbian movies together!
>>
>>170380179
I am sorry I didn't read your previous post completely.

And yes the next protagonist will be an agent of what remains of the Inquisition. According to the Chant of Light, he will be called "Blade of the Faith". We also need the Inquisitor at some point because he is the only one who can deal with Solas. He vowed to stop or change Solas himself.
>>
>>170380651
I've put my feelings about this here already but I'm sure they'll come up with some companions that are perfectly pleasant and have fairly interesting character arcs.

The main thing they need to naildown is having the companions be more autonomous, to do things and approach you in a way that isn't on your schedule alone.

Also, the Warden was a literal blank slate, They're the best insofar as you can impress on them whatever personality you want.

I'd like a return to a silent protagonist but it depends. If they're gung ho on voiced protagonists, I'd like a Tevinter accent and an American one, and I'd like a lot of consideration and direction to go into the tone that is conveyed. They did an okay job of it in Inquisition but it really came through in Trespasser and I'd be happy if they gave the protagonist a more defined personality from the get go and let us make more nuanced, meaningful roleplaying decisions within that mold
>>
Inquisition is only good for the multiplayer.
>>
File: 1488546336790.jpg (484KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1488546336790.jpg
484KB, 1920x1200px
>>170380953
I think you are a little bit too hopeful even after what we've seen from Andromenda so far but hope is nice. They need to give us more freedom with choices, I shouldn't have to sugar coat hate the mages I want to genocide them akin to Origins in the tower.The companions like you said should not be fucking robots and have actual interesting personalities which either conflict or concur with what you do throughout the game. I also believe that silent is the best way to go, if we can't get that because of nu-bioware than atleast some masculine voices. Dude in Inquisition sounded gay and I couldn't take anything he said seriously.
>>
>>170381000
*double take spit-cough*
I think you're thinking of ME3.

>>170380940
Sounds interesting.
These Tarot cards are so cool, I really want to save up enough to get one commissioned of my Dwarf Inquisitor, post Trespasser.
>>
>>170380651
Perfect things don't exist.
>>
File: 1488882283805.jpg (869KB, 1009x1613px) Image search: [Google]
1488882283805.jpg
869KB, 1009x1613px
>>170381663
But everything I said was already done in Origins with the exception of the voice. It's not perfection I seek but an actual quality game.
>>
>>170381663
>Sera.jpg
Explain THIS.
>>
File: Anoia Quizzy.png (607KB, 1280x605px) Image search: [Google]
Anoia Quizzy.png
607KB, 1280x605px
>>170381249
I'll put it this way: We're never going to get a game like Origins or Tyranny or any other one-off RPG again because they were designed in such a way that decisions were designed to have no consequence past the epilogue.

I'd rather them go the route of Witcher 3 with a more pre-defined personality that you add nuance to with your decisions and choices.

I thought the Inquisition and DA2 companions had fine personalities but their character arcs, their actions were entirely up to you to instigate. I'd like it if Bull or Cassandra or Solas came to me with concerns or questions without me having to ask them. Or if I don't talk to them for a while, they get into trouble behind my back without me telling.

They had tons of personality, just no initiative.

And what are you talking about, the American Male VA in Inquisition was a fucking baritone, it was pretty good.

Don't ever use the brit voices
>>
File: 1458045724269.jpg (16KB, 350x296px) Image search: [Google]
1458045724269.jpg
16KB, 350x296px
>>170381774
>>170381798
>>
>>170381774
>Alistair
>Being anywhere other than bottom tier
I shouldn't have to hold a manchild's hand to get him to act his age.
Replace him with Loghain.
>>
>>170381774
I meant as a series, it won't be perfect. Mass Effect trilogy did what you seek, but the universe and lore were no where near as interesting as Dragon Age.

And that picture is bait.
>>
Knight Errant comes May 10th.
They had a preview page in the Previews, but it was the same one an anon here posted before so I didn't bother.

>>170379030
Couldn't Dagna build something up with runework? Like, it's nothing but a combination of runestones?
>>170379432
A good bra will work wonders, I guess. Maybe Liz stuffed?
>>170380720
What constitutes as a bad lesbian movie?
>>
>>170380645
Liz-kiin, Dovah-Liz, Dovah-beth, Beth-kiin, Liz-beth..
>>
>>170382719
That could be interesting, Different arms to enhance different weapon types
>Shield Prosthetic, depending on the rune you attach you get a different effect on shield bashes or parries
>>
>>170386640
post Leliana!
>>
>>170387024
No..I have to go. Don't let the thread die please.
>>
heh..watch THIS

*stops posting*
>>
File: IMG_1776.jpg (51KB, 540x770px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1776.jpg
51KB, 540x770px
Fenris is the best love interest in DA2. Prove me wrong.
Pro tip: you might be able to.
>>
>>170388580
Who gives a shit about that game though
>>
>>170388580
Fenris a shit
Merrill a best

Honorable Mention: Isabella
>>
>>170388676
I did, I really liked it despite its flaws.
>More Slice of Life than DAO, my favorite type of slice
>Level Up rewards feel more meaningful than in DAO
>Crafting is as asinine as it was in DAO, at least in my opinion
>More distinct art-style than the LotR inspired DAO

It was stupidly anime but I like to chalk that up to how Varric is retelling it.
>>
>>170388730
*elves a shit
>>
anyone want to trade dragon age inquisiton gift for arma 2 + its dlc?
>>
>>170389654
For PC or what?
>>
>>170390031
for PC
>>
>>170389310
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhPFQzxhWeY
>>
>>170390108
How should I send it to you?
And keep Arma, I'm not really interested.
Just make sure you play as a Dwarf with the American Voice. That's all that matters.
>>
>>170390728
I have a origin account I guess add on there and send it? user name is savagedorito
>>
>>170390979
Make sure to keep us up to date on your progress.
Make sure you make a dwarf.
>>
microwaving and eating Solas's soiled diaper
>>
>>170392178
Anon what the fuck
>>
File: 1487914640466.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1487914640466.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>170392178
Andraste's ass, anon, what the fuck is wrong with you!
>>
File: 1408931829604.jpg (153KB, 740x987px) Image search: [Google]
1408931829604.jpg
153KB, 740x987px
>>170391473
will do.
>>
>>170381957
Brit voices are fine as long as you make your character look british.
>>
>>170392795
DAI doesn't allow teeth customization ;)
>>
>>170392795
Wooden teeth, a propensity for low muscle mass and underbite?
>>
File: hissrad.jpg (24KB, 350x241px) Image search: [Google]
hissrad.jpg
24KB, 350x241px
>>170393452
Well fucking played
>>
So I haven't played Origins in 7?8? years, and I hardly remember much... which romancable companions are locked by gender again?
>>
>>170394564
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Romance_(Origins)
>>
>>170394564
Damn... I can't even go a couple of months without replaying Origins. The gender locked romances are Alistair, and Morri.
>>
To buy DA2, or not to buy DA2...
>>
>>170395172
DO IT FRIEND
>>
>>170395172
If you've never played it? Go through it once just to have the playthrough on record

>>170394893
I was always disappointed with neither Origins or Inquisition being as dark as they had advertised.
I recommend Tyranny if you want what amounts to a superior Origins/Inquisition on the CRPG front
>>
>>170282218
Count Olaf?
>>
>>170395881
Tyranny is great for making meme characters too.
Currently playing as Vegeta.
>>
I'm still mad they never released inquisitor voicepack DLC. It's so tiring only having American or English inquisitors to pick between. Even just having an orlesian voicepack would be great.
>>
>>170397276
do you fucking know how much dosh that would cost?

they'd be a MINIMUM of 60 USD and no one would buy that shit!
>>
File: wwwwwww.jpg (79KB, 629x580px) Image search: [Google]
wwwwwww.jpg
79KB, 629x580px
I miss my sliders
>>
>>170397276
>>170398076
Yeah, and as much as something a little bit different may be desirable, you're going to still have so many people bitchin and moanin about how it doesn't sound authentic enough //even though it's fucking fictional//, or that they can't understand what the VA is saying or who knows.
>>
>>170398358
wow it's every fucking female DA:O character ever

(lol)
>>
>>170400130
don't be a hater
>>
"other"......... "other"....!!!
>>
File: 1478154379240.jpg (89KB, 1200x654px) Image search: [Google]
1478154379240.jpg
89KB, 1200x654px
>he's a male
>that prefers to play as a female in video games
>>
>>170400130
I mean I dont have alot of options to work with here lol
>>170401080
Who?
>>
File: 1485472441696.jpg (36KB, 950x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485472441696.jpg
36KB, 950x720px
>he's lonely
>he posts shitty bait in a dying general on 4chan
>>
>>170401148
>Who?
>>170401196
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-07+at+09.01.11).jpg (57KB, 378x433px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-07+at+09.01.11).jpg
57KB, 378x433px
Why is there no shape in her back?
>>
>>170401979
the ass was flat
>>
>>170395881
I dunno, origins was pretty dark
>>
>>170401979
Something about BW only making one base body model and then just stretching it to fit all of the races. I think the only one they made was a human male.
>>
>>170405128
That would explain why the dwarves have such horrifying arms.
>>
>>170404449
Origin's darkness only went about as far as subverting the typical tolkien-esque tropes.

However they could no longer get away with the implied rape in the city elf origin.
>>
>>170404449
Not really.
It had some bad scenarios, things darker than Tolkien but my rule of thumb for dark or nuanced writing is that any game with an objective "best case scenario" ending isn't dark.
If it was dark, you wouldn't be able to barter peace between the elves and werewolves. Nor would you be able to save everyone at the Mage Tower with little to no repercussion.

The world is dark, but that is a consistent throughline for the whole series.

DAO itself was only really dark in the City Elf origin. The amount of agency you have over the events of the world makes it way more light and hopeful than a dark setting might typically give.

That's not to say you can't have any agency or everything has to be grimdark or edgy all the time but that there is are objective 'good' choices that come with little to no cost except maybe playing a bit more of the game to meet special conditions is what makes it more of an adventuring tale in a dark world than a dark story in of itself.

I would argue DA2's actual story and missions are darker than DAO's. DAI is about on the same level, though some missions get a bit darker (In Hushed Whispers is especially good: corruption isnt some eldritch magic but instead the moment you forsake your core values in pursuit of your agenda, and it bites you back in the end)
>>
>>170405814
I'd be hard-pressed to even call DA2 dark up until the third act, honestly. The setting is plenty dark like you said of DAO, but... I don't know, it's the writing. Too much of it is too flippant and slice-of-life-y for me to consider it genuinely dark.
>>
>>170407157
I agree.
There are bits and pieces.
The generally poor treatment of, well, the poor throughout the game (something you as the player do very little about generally)
The fate of Hawke's mother
But yeah, generally most quests have options that are clearly more merciful.
I mean one of HAwke's personalities is literally called Diplotmatic
>>
>>170405814
I don't know man just because there are good endings doesn't necessarily mean the game isn't dark. You can do some dark shit in the game that you can't do in a lot of other rpg'.s You can kill both the were wolves and the elves using both for your own. Kill all of your companions with the exception of Morri. Sure I wouldn't call it super dark but you can definitely do some evil shit in the game.
>>
File: qt animoo dance.gif (2MB, 284x551px) Image search: [Google]
qt animoo dance.gif
2MB, 284x551px
>>170407873
You CAN do that but you don't have to.

The ABILITY to do dark things is not the sign of a Dark story.
I'll say there are basically three types of elements that can make a story dark:

>Centered on issues of vice and violence, specifically the innate vice and violence of average people

>Eldritch horrors that defy reason and rationality and go against every innate sense of purity

>Situations where agency or the possibility for compromise are taken out of the protagonist's hands. A good example is the Sebastien and Anders debate at the end of DA2

Being ABLE to kill people isn't anything special, that's just roleplaying. That's like saying Rance is dark because you can rape anything that moves.

Hell, that's like saying Knight of the Eternal Throne is dark because you can kill half the cast.

Dark and edgy elements in writing isn't about the minutae of what you do but what it says about the metaphysical elements of a story: the world, peoples' nature, peoples' relationships.

For instance, Nightmare Before Christmas has tons of gothy dead decor but it's not really a core theme, and very few of the characters are innately evil or bad people or forced to do bad things.

MGSV is a fairly dark story, on the other hand. It deals with death a bit but the really dark bit is the corruption of Big Boss by what he does to Medic. He corrupts his core value in pursuit of his own aims, just like how the government abused The Boss for their own aims
>>
I got the feeling DA2 was over-all more consistently dark that DAO. The elf-murdering pedophile, the serial killer who uses your mother's flesh to make a frankenzombie bride, Alrik raping and torturing mages as an 'experiment' on what makes them break, etc. I imagine it's quite intentional, since Kirkwall is supposed to be the Thedosian equivalent of a hellmouth, what with being built on a giant lake of slave blood in the shape of an insanity sigil. That said, I'm not sure any of it quite tops the *that* part of Deep Roads.

Honourable mention for the Stalker not-quest in Emprise du Lion in DAI. Inquisition was quite good with creepy notes and codex and so on, it's a pity they didn't really use any of it other than that haunted mansion in the Emerald Graves.
>>
>>170408963
This is sort of what I meant by DA2 being more dark. The number of people who were genuinely good people, who did the right thing in the end were in the minority.

Samson is a drug addict who helps mages escape only if they give him his fix.

People are generally worse people in DA2 than in DAO. In DAO, all the bad people are end-bosses, and even then they're not even that bad half the time (Howe, the City-Elf-origin rapists and such are about as truly bad as it gets, along with the Darkspawn themselves).

In DA2, even your own party members have pretty extreme views (Anders Akbar, Kill-All-Mages Fenris, Will-literally-let-a-city-burn Isabela).

Actually, let's list out the Dark parts of each game. I'm curious as to how they match up with each other

In DAO, you have:
>City Elf Origins Rape (3/3)
>Howe mindbreaking your mum (2/3)
>Darkspawn Gangbang (also being helped by one of the dwarves) (3/3)
>Noble Dwarf Betrayal (1/3)
>Loghain leaving you to die (1/3)
>Dalish Keeper's Daughter raped (2/3)

DA2:
>Serial Killer/Necrophile (3/3)
>Elf-murdering pedophile (2/3)
>Alrik raping mages, planning massive lobotomy for mass rape (3/3)
>9:37, including ensuing Right of Anullment (3/3)
>Anders Corruption in general (1/3)
>Fenris' rage (1/3)
>Isabela's selfishness (2/3)
>Sebastien's vengeance (1/3)
>Gamlen (4/3)
>Carver's relationship (2/3)
>Having to kill Merrill's Clan by accident (2/3)
>Mages you saved come back to try to start war, kidnap your friend (2/3)
>Meredith's Paranoia (3/3)
>Orsino's Desperation (3/3)
>>
>>170410250
Am I missing anything for DAO, this is a tenative list off the top of my head.
I didn't include Cullen's suffering in either because, well, he suffer's in both
>>
>>170410393
When you elect Bhelen he immediately executes everyone who opposed him. You can maybe count how Alistairs sister treated him when they met as he went in expecting her to love him and she fucking hated him. Completely changing his view on the world. The backstory behind the werewolves and Zathrian.
>>
>>170410716
I mentioned the Werewoles and Elves.
I never chose Bhelen, so I didn't know that's what he did.

so DAO:
>Bhelen's Soviet Great Purge (3/3)
>Alistair is a fucking manchild (1/3)

Alistair is arguably one of the worst people in DAO but he has a sort of interesting character arc in that respect.
>>
>>170410393
Would being able to give Fenris back to the rapey slaver that literally ruined his life count as another for DA2?

Also Samson...well, he might not count. In fact, he's almost a positive in this light (which maybe says more about Kirkwall again than anything else). While he is a lyrium junkie, it was helping a mage friend in the first place that got him put out on the streets (ferrying letters for Maddox), and even afterwards he continues helping mages even if he does charge them money. He'd probably get more coin/actual lyrium for turning them back in to the Gallows. He even still helps them if they can't pay by sending them on to someone he thought he could trust, which admittedly goes tits up for Feynriel, but at least he tells Hawke about it. That's practically a happy ending in DA2.
>>
>>170411236
Good point on Samson, though from the sounds of it he only does good when he's guaranteed his fix from the escapees.
I wager he might get more gold but not more lyrium. Hence why he helps mages almost exclusively, they alone have access to Lyrium outside the Templars (that he is now excommunicated from).

And ye, giving back Fenris to his dom/Master would count. As well as his Sister betraying him in that same mission.
>>
Also in DAO, Saarebas's torture and suicide. And the Vicount's son Romeo & Julieting with a Qunari and both of them being murdered for it.

In DAO, maybe Sten's murder family fun time and subsequent 'leave him in a cage to be eaten to death by Darkspawn'? Zevran's tragic 'my boyfriend made me murder my girlfriend so now I have to murder my girlfriends, also torture is the only thing that makes me feel alive' backstory? Flemeth breeding daughters by raping Chasind men and Templar hunters so she can harvest their nubile bodies like sexy perky-breasted fruit?

Actually, you know what, I think the list could really go on and the point of the matter is Thedas is fucking awful, why would anyone continue to live there. I mean even in the Hinterlands, the most babby-friendly area in Inquisition, within 50ft of the Crossroads you have the hunter with PTSD because he saw a Templar about to rape a dying/dead woman, and the family burnt to death in their home because mages took their food and the Templars 'punished' them for it, and the husband murdered because they thought his shovel was a staff, etc etc. Awful place.
>>
File: best girl.jpg (548KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
548KB, 1920x1200px
>>170412161
Because of the girls
>>
>>170412161
DA2 for the first set.
>Saarebas' torture (2/3)
>Religious Zealots torturing qunari (3/3)
>Elven terrorism attempting to start religious war (3/3)
>Qunari and Juliet murders (2/3)

DAO
>Sten's murders (3/3)
>Leaving him in the cage (100/3)
>Zevran's suffering (3/3)
>Flemeth legend of reverse rape and possession (3/3)

Also, the one that stuck out to me in the Hinterlands while not super dark was pretty sad: the man who joined the rogue templars because his brother left the home to join the rogue mages. Inversely, the Templar who realized how crazy his brethren were and sought to wait the war out with his mage brother in their grandmother's cottage, both get killed.
>>
>>170412669
>>170412161
Now that you mention it, DAI has the most dark story lines that you don't end up interacting with directly, only in writing.

That's what's so weird about it, very little of the dark or gritty elements get brought to the forefront though I suppose that's the reason the open-worlds have any side quests at all.
>>
>>170412790
Because if it was more upfront than it would scare away all the nu males and tumblrinas. Sounds like I'm just butthurt but you know I'm true.
>>
File: qt elf quisitor.png (2MB, 1258x1037px) Image search: [Google]
qt elf quisitor.png
2MB, 1258x1037px
>>170412554
Thank god for Morrigan's perky tiddies, truly a gift to the universe (or at least the Warden).
>>
>>170412942
I think I just contracted aids by viewing that image. Reminder that this is the nu-bioware audience.
>>
>>170412865
Oh I completely agree.
Most of them don't have the patience for anything that isn't directly stroking their self-insert's reputation or ego.
I remember how much they talked about how 'problematic' it was that Bioware made the mages in DA2 do things almost as terrible as the Templars, almost a 1:1 in terms of atrocities committed.
All the terrible shit the Mages do in DAI is generally kept to the sideline with the exception of In Hushed Whispers, which is why I like it so much: I loved just giving them the business at the end of it
>>
File: anoia plays DAI.png (1KB, 471x24px) Image search: [Google]
anoia plays DAI.png
1KB, 471x24px
>>170413060
I thought the art-style was pretty cute, at least compared to most of the red-nosed reindeer that are spat out
>>
>>170413263
I hate that fucking artstyle so much. It's just typical steven universe art style garbage.
>>
File: PBGImQW.png (333KB, 716x462px) Image search: [Google]
PBGImQW.png
333KB, 716x462px
>>170412790
It's one of my favourite things about the game, which sounds kind of sad, but I like grim stuff and sniffing out all the horrid little secrets and oddities made exploring all those big maps much more fun. My favourite is probably still the house in the Storm Coast with the 'hidden' room, and inside there's a scrap of Anders' manifesto which had been scribbled on, and a basement below filled with random corpses (a harlequin, a Grey Warden, an Orlesian noble woman, etc). Your companions comment on how evil the place feels, but the rest is a mystery.

Also, as an actual [/spoiler]tumblr bogeyman oogabooga[/spoiler], the majority of the DA fans on there like that sort of stuff.
>>
>>170413596
>Also, as an actual [/spoiler]tumblr bogeyman oogabooga[/spoiler]
I can tell.
Ye, I imagine people like the little side-stories set up.
Honestly, the best one written isn't even in the game, Samson's Short Story.

The guy is a straight up Big Boss/Skullface mix.
>A commander checks on all his men
>Even when he has to brace himself to look at them
>>
File: 1424212594577.png (148KB, 241x394px) Image search: [Google]
1424212594577.png
148KB, 241x394px
>>170413841
It's 5.30am, pls no bully.

But yeah, Paper & Steel is a great short story. Very telling. Its nice to have something that shows up the humanisation of villains, rather than just telling us 'Templars r people too'.

...Certainly a hell of a lot better than the short stories that were written for the DA2 characters. Anders' was mildly interesting, but I remember Fenris' included him running through a kitchen and stopping to ogle some lady's boobs or something equally cringeworthy.
>>
File: ?????.jpg (111KB, 500x660px) Image search: [Google]
?????.jpg
111KB, 500x660px
>>170412942
Honestly, as Tumblr goes, this could be way worse. Only thing that really stands out as awful is the nose.

>>170414184
I loved Paper & Steel. I don't think I can ever say that enough. I don't remember the boobs part from Fenris's, but I do remember thinking that Gaider didn't know enough ways to say "Fenris ghost-punched the slave hunter in the brain."
>>
>>170414184
Yeah, Bioware is still sort of working themselves out, especially trying to get the worst writers out of the department.
I think they're okay now, though they still have tons of poorly conceived characters (at least from the outset).
Im looking at you, Asari Sera
>>
>>170412669
>reverse rape
innit just called rape
>>
>>170414787
not if you're on Hbrowse
>>
File: by sjmillerart.jpg (321KB, 600x513px) Image search: [Google]
by sjmillerart.jpg
321KB, 600x513px
>>170414758
Honestly, I have genuine hope in my heart that PeeBee isn't as bad as Sera. I mean, she sure as shit can't be any worse...
>>
>>170415176
Speaking of shitty games, how are you taking the news of straight Liam?
>>
tfw liked having sera around because she brought a levity that the inquisition lacked otherwise and sometimes the ability to call something stewpid and move on to other shit is important, even if she didn't have a lick of self-awareness
>>
>>170415439
...On the chin? As much as I dream of a future among the stars free of breeders, there's got to be some straights in there somewhere. If he's ~amazing~, I'll get around to him eventually. Or watch it on youtube. I'm easy.

Besides, this just increases the likelihood that Jaal is bi which is far more appealing to me. Also, Vetra sounds cute as fuck. I really can't decide between my male and female Ryders.
>>
>>170415505
I find it funny how much closer she was to the truth about the Evanuris than, well, everyone
Or as I like to call it: Everybody Hates the Dalish
>>
File: a.png (456KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
456KB, 600x450px
>>170415656
>this entire post
>>
>>170415925
I'll fuck a prothean too, I don't care.
>>
>>170416098
That might be really fucking weird if Protheans have their touchy feely sensory ability all over their bodies
>>
>>170416567
I can't imagine why you'd say that like it was a bad thing. Weird is half the point.
>>
File: cadash tarot 1.png (2MB, 1188x1920px) Image search: [Google]
cadash tarot 1.png
2MB, 1188x1920px
>>170415176
Sera was okay because it kind of worked directly into her lower-class background to be so crass.

Also, I'm thinking of commissioning one of these tarot cards for each of my protagonists.
The one who did this one is asking for $100 a pop but I'm shopping around
>>
>>170416997
I loved Sera!
>>
>>170417054
let's not go too far
>>
>>170416929
Weird in a gross way. I'm trying to think of a way to explain why I think that but I can't
>>
Why Sera tiddies so low? Why she have a human body type instead of elf?
>>
>>170418069
Maybe they just really wanted to hammer home the point that she's disgusting.
>>
>>170418182
But she's not disgusting.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (116KB, 1344x756px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
116KB, 1344x756px
>>170418378
I beg to differ.
>>
File: 1419.png (730KB, 814x673px) Image search: [Google]
1419.png
730KB, 814x673px
>>
>tfw no casandra to tease about liking smutty books
>>
>>170419880
>>170419626
>tfw no cute chav Lesbian to go bar hopping with

She's cute when you realize you're not supposed to be attracted to her as a guy.
>>
>>170420451
I really don't see it. I'm not a lesbian so I guess I wouldn't know for sure, but she's got a face like the back of a bus.
>>
>>170420451
I agree but she is definitely not cute.
>>
File: josie x adaar.png (527KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
josie x adaar.png
527KB, 700x933px
>>170420568
>>170420612
I suppose it depends on the artist.
>>
>>170420451
I am lesbian, can confirm, she's pretty disgusting and I was really pissed off when screenshots of her were first released, like the gays get a cool mage with a cooler stash or a giant bull guy who no doubt has a dick that could impale you but the lesbos get a saggy tiddied basic white chick with waardenburg syndrome.
I guess Josaphine's okay. her route was a little cliche tho
>>
Is Pillars of Eternity welcome here?
>>
>>170420756
Kiki is this you.
>>
>>170420863
Yes, /dag/ loves every /crpg/anon.
>>
>>170420863
No, we only discuss superior Paradox game Tyranny
>>
>>170420934
Who? I-I'm new to this gen
>>
>>170420673
I'm not really basing it on artists. Anyone can draw an unattractive character to look attractive or vise-versa. In the game, though, she is a vile shrieking goblin.
>>
>>170421015
It's me.
>>
File: ScreenshotWin32_0002_Final (2).jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenshotWin32_0002_Final (2).jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>170420756
I thought that Seragh will turn out to be a regular tsundere like Velanna before the game came out so it was really disappointing to discover that she has legitimate brain problems. I also initially disliked Josie because I thought she'd be a megaslut like Isabela, but it turned out that she's actually wholesome and cute.
>>
>>170421228
Hi, Lute Bread.
>>
everyone else may think you're all massive faggots, but...I like you guys...
>>
>>170421520
I like you too, anon. This general is pretty nice when it's active.
>>
>>170421520
We love you too.
>>
>>170421274
I miss the megaslut.
Some of my best friends in highschool and college were turbosluts and they always had the best stories and were generally a joy to spend time around.
>>
>>170421620
Its nice when the baitfags and edgy /v/is itors have went to bed so we can have normal casual discussions without someone shitting on the floor. Reminds me of old dag.
>>
>>170421802
All my former teenage-slut friends got pregnant shortly after graduating and do nothing but make passive-aggressive posts about their shitty husbands on facebook all day now, the slut lifestyle is kind of depressing. In fact, that would be just like Isabela if Zevran didn't kill her husband.
>>
>>170422228
Agreed. That and the animated theological analyses like what went on last night, that's what I like coming here for.
>>
Happy international women's day, /dag/.
>>
Hey guys, played through DA:O at release and enjoyed it, tried DA2 wasn't all that keen on it, any reason to play DA2 and DA:I?
>>
>>170424251
It's not like you have anything better to do.
>>
>>170424251
What did you like about Origins?
>>
>>170422609
And if Anders didn't guarantee that she didnt get STDs or Pregnant
>>
>>170424251
DA2 is pretty good now as long as you come to terms with it not being origins.
>>
>>170423093
Celebrating that women can be dorks just as much as guys.
>>
File: wat.png (36KB, 123x129px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
36KB, 123x129px
>>170424251
>tfw your only half way through da2 and you already want to replay Origins again.
>>
>>
>>170423093
I was going to make this post!
>>
>>170426472
Why is Solas wearing hammer pants that are belted up to his chest? Also Dorian in a shawl is equal parts silly and... somehow expected.
>>
>>170426798
Way to be a massive faggot.
>>
>>170426956
What?
>>
>>170426798
their outfits have been reimagined as if they were meant for grandmas
>>
>>170427580
Or hipsters.
>>
File: IMG_2837.png (971KB, 800x1523px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2837.png
971KB, 800x1523px
>>170427965
it's..it's her!
>>
>>170427965
>>170426472
Everytime I look at this shit I get nauseus. I may be biased though because the fan art for Origins gets me all giddy while this just makes me sick
>>
When you are installing multiple mods through DAI mod manager do you have to merge each mod separately?
>>
>>170428381
Seibah a shit.
>>
File: ScreenshotWin32_0072_Final.jpg (736KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenshotWin32_0072_Final.jpg
736KB, 1920x1080px
>>170428773
You can merge them all at the same time.
>>
>>170423093
>'Honoring International Women's Day'
>'Let's celebrate the amazing contributions women make to our world and our future.'
Like what
>>
>>170429389
________(You)!
>>
>>170429602
I don't think he's something worth celebrating, anon.
>>
>>170429696
>Assuming my gender
That's it. I'll fucking destroy this place.
>>
Um when is international men's day?
>>
I..I can't make a cute female Elf in Inquisition.
>>
File: ScreenshotWin32_0049_Final.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenshotWin32_0049_Final.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>170429775
23rd of February in Russia.
>>
>>170429775
We don't wait for our day, we *make* any day our day. That is the difference between us and women.
>>
File: 1446612292029.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1446612292029.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>170429854
You can do it, anon.
>>
>>170429981
Kill it!
>>
>>170429981
Oh.
>>
File: 1448328824186.png (618KB, 1295x715px) Image search: [Google]
1448328824186.png
618KB, 1295x715px
>>170430035
:3
>>
File: IMG_2738.gif (1MB, 240x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2738.gif
1MB, 240x420px
wow...... 2B........
>>
File: 1482323564413.png (801KB, 1330x1188px) Image search: [Google]
1482323564413.png
801KB, 1330x1188px
>>170431249
This one is better.
>>
File: dead tsundere.jpg (390KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dead tsundere.jpg
390KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>170431249
>>170432501

Oh shit, that game is on PC? Didn't even check because Nier used to be console exclusive
>>
>>170433167
It's coming out later this month.
>>
>>170423093
When did this become a holiday?
>>
File: slowpoke-004.jpg (31KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke-004.jpg
31KB, 604x604px
>>170434481
A century ago.
>>
>>170426798
I was looking at the shawl thing, and I think I like it. It somehow fits.
He looks like he would be fun to get mildly drunk with and commiserate existence.
>>
>>170431249
>go back to the factory
>find my previous body
>get back the katana and all the loot I had
>realize the bgm is an arrangement of Wretched Automatons

w..wow
>>
What game anons?
>>
>>170429389
To be fair, without your mother to squish the progeny from her loins.. there would be no (You). No one to do your laundry and listen to you screech your autistic melody.
>>170434702
Maybe it's just celebrated in the same caliber as like, National Donut Day or something here. I can't remember ever hearing about it in a serious way.
>>170435023
Err.. clues. What do we have to select from?
>>
File: 1488840795987.webm (3MB, 564x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488840795987.webm
3MB, 564x720px
>>170435023
Nier Automata.
>>
Yay, Nay, or Alt+F4?
>>
>>170435565
Uninstall
>>
>>170435565
. . .
>>
>>170435565
If you tried to make it look trans, you win.
>>
>>170435565
I... don't hate it.
>>
Kaine's feminine cock...
>>
/dag/'s feminine 10...
>>
File: 1420.png (1MB, 979x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1420.png
1MB, 979x1000px
>>
>>
>Meet someone from a non gaming related platform who likes Dragon Age
>Either MtF, FtM or at least gay
This can't be a coincidence at this point.
>>
>>170441816
same with Ov*rwatch desu
>>
>>170441816
Where are you meeting these people?
>>170442175
Overwatch is not surprising at all though.
>>
>>170442354
>Dragon Age cast is 50% gays and trans
>Overwatch has one lesbian
>>
>>170443894
>>>/lgbt/
>>
SOMEBODY
>>
love them female brests
>>
uh . . .
>>
File: 1452716277787.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1452716277787.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>
>>170450534
She fucked that horse in the background 10 seconds prior to this.
>>
Iron Bull!
>>
File: 1488974350591.gif (3MB, 360x410px) Image search: [Google]
1488974350591.gif
3MB, 360x410px
>>170450735
N-no...
>>
I hate Ciri!
>>
I love Ciri!
>>
File: 1488967781303.webm (927KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488967781303.webm
927KB, 1280x720px
Is ME:A going to have a 30fps cutscene lock like DA:I?
>>
Witcher shills invading us?
>>
File: 1488984250863.webm (878KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488984250863.webm
878KB, 1280x720px
>>170451489
I only bumped /dag/ when it was dying, there's no need to be upset.
>>
>>170451745
I'd rather the thread die than be filled with witcher trash
>>
>>170452441
We can discuss Bioware's latest masterpiece instead of being mad, no?
>>
>>170452627
That game isn't out yet

I'm not mad

I'm just disappointed
>>
>>170451147
I think they said no.
>>
File: 82029.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
82029.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
Пpивeт, гдe Coлac?
>>
>>170456793
nyet
>>
>>170452627
i cant wait to MEA to launch so i can laugh at how bad the the animations really are
>>
>>170456793
cyka blyat
>>
File: witcher3_2017_02_02_10_32_15_273.jpg (1012KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3_2017_02_02_10_32_15_273.jpg
1012KB, 1920x1080px
>>170456793
I..I can't understand you.
>>
Stop. Posting. Witcher. Trash.

Get the fuck back to your containment thread, you mongoloids.
>>
>>170456793
Probably doin' elf stuff.
>>
>>170460909
I..I am sorry, I just woke up.
>>
>>170443894
Well it really doesn't matter what the characters sexuality in Overwatch is, there's no campaign and so no romance between characters...
>>
>>170461302
no campaign or romance........... yet
>>
File: 1487220720567.png (638KB, 541x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487220720567.png
638KB, 541x800px
>a Lelianafriend is a witcher spammer

: - (
>>
remember when no one whined if someone posted a witcher image
>>
>>170461849
That was my first 2nd Witcher post in this whole thread.

1st being this-
>>170379373
>>
Did our wizard anon gain wisdom into his new magic?
What specialization did he choose?>>170462173
Not really.
>>
File: 1407235769355.jpg (73KB, 473x351px) Image search: [Google]
1407235769355.jpg
73KB, 473x351px
>>170462173
Yes.
>>
>>170462173
its just some salty /dag/nas
>>
File: SnlVf2z.jpg (201KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
SnlVf2z.jpg
201KB, 2560x1440px
>>170462227
I don't mind it if you post Witcher, anon. As long as it's not Triss who is PISS.
>>
>>170462269
*MEG refugees
>>
>>170462439
/meg/ anons are (most of time) our friends!
>>
>>170462410
Okay anon. And Miss Merigold is fine.
>>
File: 486476-1296308570.jpg (695KB, 1180x720px) Image search: [Google]
486476-1296308570.jpg
695KB, 1180x720px
>>170462849
Asunder and moedorf are the only proper /dag/-/meg/ crossbreeds, the others are just here to cause mayhem.
>>
File: 1432759224236.png (107KB, 221x286px) Image search: [Google]
1432759224236.png
107KB, 221x286px
>>170462173
>>
>>170462231
>Wizard anon
Wasn't that just fake?
>>
File: liara_by_mihitsu-daz0rzc.jpg (1MB, 2016x1239px) Image search: [Google]
liara_by_mihitsu-daz0rzc.jpg
1MB, 2016x1239px
>>170463105
Please validate my existence
>>
File: 1489004392041.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489004392041.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>170463018
>giraffe neck
>>
>>170463520
Give me money first.
>>
>>170464017
Can I pay you in Origin points?
>>
File: C0fxR6iWgAAlr4r.jpg (161KB, 1070x732px) Image search: [Google]
C0fxR6iWgAAlr4r.jpg
161KB, 1070x732px
>>170464331
No.
>>
File: rich.png (915B, 113x23px) Image search: [Google]
rich.png
915B, 113x23px
>>170464519
You're missing out on the deal of a lifetime
>>
>>170416997
>$100
goddamn, are commissions usually that expensive?
>>
>>170429389
porn
>>
>>170463308
I don't honestly know. I assume that it wasn't because that's kinda normal now.
>>170465792
For tarot cards people tend to charge about $75- $150USD because of the detail.
>>
>>170466325
>detail
lol
>>
i'd pay top dollar for some high quality artwork of Leliana's badonkadonk
>>
>>170466852
Sure, anon. (warning lewd content)
>>
>>170466487
It's digital art. There's nothing to hold in your hand, and if technology were to fry it would be toast. People think they're selling fine art though, and someone is going to be stupid enough to pay the price so let them.
>>
File: dn.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dn.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>170467435
>>
>>170467435
>2009 BioWare is dead
>Edgy broodmother designs never ever again
>>
File: 1464957139910.jpg (68KB, 350x396px) Image search: [Google]
1464957139910.jpg
68KB, 350x396px
morrigan!
>>
>>170468383
is a liar

and a fiend
>>
>>170468383
Is not evil... yet.
>>
>>170469041
morrigan is pure evil, anon
>>
leliana is pure SHIT
>>
>>170468383
Is too good for her game series!
>>
File: 1487896979418.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487896979418.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>170469871
wow!

FUCK YOU
>>
File: by boyofcheese.jpg (878KB, 1000x1194px) Image search: [Google]
by boyofcheese.jpg
878KB, 1000x1194px
>>170463105
Dragon Age fans who also play ME are more comfy than Mass Effect fans who also play DA, so I'm grateful moderate meg posting is still tolerated here.

>>170465792
$100+ is a fairly normal price for painterly-style pieces, especially ones with intricate designs/backgrounds/concepts. Sketches, inks, and flat-colours are more $10-30, depending on how popular the artist is. Makes me wish I'd stuck with art instead of writing as a hobby, writing commissions are practically nonexistent and much more complicated.
>>
File: 1421.jpg (264KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
1421.jpg
264KB, 900x601px
>>170469871
I..I like Leliana. Morrigan too.
>>
Loghain looks like absolute SHIT in DAI
>>
>>170471348
To be fair, it's been 10 years since Origins.
He looks good for a guy in his 60s/70s
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tWj7DBdAMA
>>
>>170471348
YOU look like absolute SHIT in DAI
>>
>>170471348
I am surprised he is still alive in your game.
>>
>>170471678
Got em
>>
File: 1487483149127.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487483149127.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>170471678
uhm . . . excuse you

me on the left!

>>170471717
I really like Loghain's character so I always make sure he survives DA:O by making Alistair become King with Anora as Queen and having Loghain nut inside Morrigan so no one has to die
>>
>>170471884
>not nutting Morrigan yourself
Unless you're playing a woman, I don't see why you wouldnt do it yourself.
One time bang of the basketcase for your survival, what's not to like
>>
>>170471884
don't know why I'm just now thinking about this but damn, how awkward do you think the demon babby sex between morrigan and loghain/alistair was?
>>
>>170472351
Loghain and Morrigan? Very
Nigga literally says "Hope you don't mind if I think of my dead wife while we do this"

Alistair and Morrigan? Not so much, Hate sex is only awkward afterwards some of the time
>>
>>170472345
In Origins I always play a female City Elf, so I can't fuck her without mods..

Plus, I'd never cheat on Leliana
>>
>>170471884
Morrigan doesn't deserve that fate anon. Can you imagine, Loghain with his rude and hairy hands touching Morrigan... just no. Not even Alistair.
>>
>>170472904
I remember my first big playthrough of DAO was as King Bradley from FMA.
Worked out pretty well in the end.
>>
>>170473130
If she wants an old god baby, she has no choice but to Ride the Mac Tir
>>
>>170473320
>>
>>170473359
!
>>
File: 1464808422927.jpg (55KB, 378x640px) Image search: [Google]
1464808422927.jpg
55KB, 378x640px
morrigan is hot
>>
>>170474434
that's not morrigan

that's some random 3dpig
>>
>>170474434
CIS male cancer bait
>>
>>170473157
My first real playthrough was a city elf warrior, and this was back when I was still in my edgy retard phase so she hated EVERYTHING. Became fuckbuddies with Zevran, frequently incited violence for no reason, recruited Loghain and made him do the ritual purely out of spite because there was no way she was going to let him die a hero. Looking back, she really wasn't a satisfying character to play as.
>>
>>170474869
From your post you sound as if you've grown as a person since then.

Good job, anon.
>>
>>170474869
city elf origin is pretty good but doesnt fit well with the game.

the other origins you left leaving nothing behind (or theres nothing left to care about), in the city elf origin you left while not knowning if your home and family would be killed or not.

kinda hard to roleplay if your character dont have any reason to save humans, way too many reasons to hate everything around you to care about saving them.
>>
File: Dragon-Age-3108968.png (329KB, 811x386px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Age-3108968.png
329KB, 811x386px
>>170468383

Excellent post!

>>170473157
>>170474869

>tfw my first playthrough was also my second and third playthrough with really minor changes along the way
The last time my Warden became only a bit more of a dick during Awakening, grew tired of his Warden duty and hanged Nathaniel
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl4bkIGgiyc&feature=youtu.be

I'm kind of interested in playing this. I feel shame for it though
>>
>>170476792
Why, Shadows of Mordor was pretty good.
Interesting emergent story mechanics.

>>170476659
>Hanging Nathaniel
I was a Human Noble origin and I didn't even do that.

Actually, the more I think about it, Awakening really was the best version of Origins (minus the absence of Omniclass Shale)
>>
File: justice done.jpg (443KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
justice done.jpg
443KB, 1280x905px
>>
>>170476792
>being rude to Orcs
>riding dragons
>fun combat
Looks interesting.
>>
>>170477392
>Why
Because /v/ told me I shouldn't like it, and to kill myself
>>
File: Rue Paul as a Dwarf.png (1MB, 590x970px) Image search: [Google]
Rue Paul as a Dwarf.png
1MB, 590x970px
>>170478649
Oh then definitely stop liking it.
I just do whatever hivemind tells me
hive mind says be gay, I'm gay.
>>
>>170478891
Oh okay. Then I will go kill myself. Thanks for encouraging me
>>
I'm totally overwhelmed with the number of spells I can use and learn in Pillars of Eternity.

Anyone got some good advice for narrowing it down in combat to figure out what the best choice is?
>>
>>170479164
Doesn't matter, it's a pretty straightforward and easy game, up until the highest difficulty. Pick whatever sounds cool to you, role play
>>
>>170476792
anti orc propaganda

won't give them my dollar
>>
>>170478649
/v/ is a pretty diverse board. Don't listen to everything they tell you.
>>
>>170479281
I identify as an oppressed Orc, are there any pro Orc games that let me fight against my human oppressors?
>>
>>170474942
I mean, it's been about seven years. I would hope I've matured some since then.

>>170476148
Yeah, I never much liked doing the city elf origin for that reason - it lends itself a little too much to angsty, constantly pissed off characters for my liking. I never had this problem with dwarf commoner Wardens, though, maybe because they're in a world that's completely new to them so it's easier to start with a clean slate.
>>
>>170479356
>/v/ is a pretty diverse board
Unless it's a Bioware or Bethesda game, or any AAA game. Then it's all hate. They've even turned on Taro because Automa has become popular and has high ratings from critics
>>
>>170479373
Of Orcs and Men, my friend
>>
>>170479718
Really? I was joking. There is actually a game like that?
>>
>>170479767
um

there're games about everything Anon
>>
an erection lasting longer than 40 hours...
>>
>>170480873
See a doctor about that
>>
>>170481063
Fuck that
>>170480873
Get some hookers
>>
>>170481263
I don't need hookers when I have (You)
>>
>>170479624
I agree my fellow intelligent customer. /v/'s hate for Bethesda and Bioware isn't justified at all. These companies have always made high-quality rpgs, improving over the years and delivering the best gaming experiences to our--I mean their fellow customers.

Anyway, I was wondering, did you bought Fallout 4, and pre-ordered ME Andromeda yet?
>>
>>170482682
I want Bethesda to take over the Dragon Age IP
>>
>>170482682
I bought Fo4....
for the ps4 :(
it was an emotional rollercoaster waiting for mod support.
>>
>>170482805
A game like skyrim except in a world with lore you care about would be neat.
Oh wait I don't care about DA lore either.
>>
>>170482932
Dragon Age with an unbelievably perverted modding community. SexLabs for Dragon Age. Yeah what a terrible idea
>>
>>170482805
So no more interesting companions and mediocre exploration with shitty loot everywhere for the rest of the series?
>>
>>170483017
>Dragon Age with an unbelievably perverted modding community. SexLabs for Dragon Age.
Oh my god yes, YES!!!!
>>
>>170483080
So, just like DA:I from here on, except with Bethesda's engine and creation kit. Sounds like a good idea to me
>>
>>170483645
Bethesda would never be capable of creating someone like Solas
>>
Square Enix has just acquired Bioware from EA, they want to give it a CG opening like Kingdom Hearts.
What song plays?
>>
>>170484953
What game?
>>
>>170484178
Who cares if we have Futa mods
>>
>>170484953
They would do what they did to Deus EX

No thx
>>
>>170485101
DA4.
The intro plays after you play a short intro as each of the previous (alive) protagonists and start their B-stories for DA4 (Example: deciding what the Warden is aiming to do, what Hawke wants to do for the current political climate, what the Inquisitor wants to build, aims and relocate)

You can also submit a general melody that gets new lyrics
>>
>>170485228
What did they do?
I only played through Human Revolution and I usually don't pay attention to the CG intro.

I'm talking a full CGI rendered intro music video meant to recount the events of past games, set up core antagonists and foreshadow future events
>>
>>170485383
Its not like the game is really bad, but SE did a lot of bullshit, like microtransactions (in single player rpg) and the game is too short to be priced like a full AAA title, there was a lot of pre order bs too.

The result of that is the deus ex series on hiatus due to poor numbers, the studio is now working in some marvel avergers game.
>>
>>170484953

>Square Enix
Seeing how they go with mainstream music in their games now, it's probably something by Adele
>>
did you all forget when DA2 had Florence and the Machine
>>
>>170487287
shhhhh don't try to use logic here
>>
>>170487287
Wait, when was this?

I remember DAO using Thirty Seconds to Mars
>>
>>170488393
It was in the end credits, I think.
>>
>>170491394
>thread was 2 seconds from 404
>I was about to be free
>YOU FUCKING POSTED!!!!!!!
>>
File: 12.jpg (289KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
289KB, 1024x577px
>>170491490
just leave, friend!
>>
>>170491772
y..you too
>>
>>170491824
but i like it here
>>
File: IMG_1769.jpg (96KB, 736x751px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1769.jpg
96KB, 736x751px
>>170491490
I'm sorry, anon, I didn't realize.
>>
>>170492519
You realize this means war don't you? I will hunt you down. I will find you. I will Force you to play DA:I for three days straight
>>
>>170486354
I dunno man, some of the critiques of it not feeling like a real deus ex game were pretty accurate. They railroad hard in prague where it looks like there should be so many alternate ways to bypass guards but they end up being dead ends.
>>
Replaying origin again, was planning on going for Zevran but then Alistair came on screen and
how could I not?
I've fallen inlove with him again ;_;
>>
>>170492958
>falling in love with an infantilized man child
>>
File: Alistair loves you.gif (974KB, 312x208px) Image search: [Google]
Alistair loves you.gif
974KB, 312x208px
>>170492958
>>
>>170492958
alistair is shit
>>
>>170493335
You're shit
>>
>>170493103
>>170493335
Alistair is cute! CUTE!
it's either him or the twink
>>
>>170493461
You have bad taste
>>
>>170493671
He's cute and he's got jokes, what's not to like?
>>
>>170493962
he's ugly
his jokes are shit
he's literally a manchild
>>
File: IMG_1781.jpg (54KB, 513x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1781.jpg
54KB, 513x810px
>>170492671
Joke's on you, I'm playing it willingly.
>>
Any 'essential' clothes/skin mods for DAI?
>>
>>170494061
Don't be rude, Alistair is a good husbando.
>>
>>170494148
I'm sorry you hate yourself anon
>>
File: IMG_0445.jpg (62KB, 1000x1589px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0445.jpg
62KB, 1000x1589px
>>170495317
I think I must deep down, or I wouldn't keep seeking out emotional pain like this.
>>
if you dont pick the romance during her quest with her family, can you never romance josephine?
>>
Teasing Cassandra is the most fun I've had in a game.
>>
>>170494148
>>170495485
You think you have it bad?
Imagine what it'll be like for a Dwarf Inquisitor when they figure out the part the Evanuris (pre-Dread Wolf) probably had in the decline of Dwarven society
>Killed Titans
>Red Lyrium might originate from decaying Titan veins
>Blight might also have been present in the Black City by one of the Evanuris (Andruil if I remember) and as such is indirectly responsible for Darkspawn
>Same Darkspawn who tore down most of the Dwarven Empire

Damnit Solas, I thought you were better than this shit
>>
>>170494395
He can't cook, he has no useful skills

His personality is the direct product of avoiding pain and hardship at the cost of his personal development.
>>
>>170496051
>You killed our Gods for their blood!
>You abused their corpses to ensure the wholesale slaughter of my species!
>>
File: 1423980139651.jpg (53KB, 300x415px) Image search: [Google]
1423980139651.jpg
53KB, 300x415px
>>170492958
>tfw it's nigh on impossible to find a man who is dumb, sweet, and submissive irl
>tfw no attentive, trusting, lovable moron to gently bully
>>
File: dwarf.jpg (696KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf.jpg
696KB, 1920x1080px
my dwarf lives, though his journey has just begun
>>
>>170496716
There's something so cozy about Blackwall's route. I think he's my 2nd favorite, next to Solas
>>
>>170496983
Better get to the rift with Cassandra, I'm sure it's important.
Or just leave, that's alright too.
>>
>>170496051
That's the thing, though, a dwarf can just hate him and be done with it. It's harder to hate someone when you still love them and have to keep trying and failing to convince them that they don't have to spend the rest of their lives inflicting suffering on themselves and others.

>>170496983
That's a nice dwarf, anon. I like his cheeks.
>>
>>170497669
he has very fuzzy warm cheeks on both ends. Or at least I assume
>>
>>170497159
I want to like Blackwall but I can't stop making shitty Les Mis jokes every time I take him somewhere.
>>
>>170498003
>>170496983

What are you roleplaying? Like within the role of a Carta Dwarf, what sorta personality and background?

>>170497669
But that's the thing, he seems so reasonable and even after Trespasser his story is sympathetic.
But realizing that he didn't just cause his own people harm but:
>He caused the previous dominant race harm (dwarves)
>He only stopped being with the Evanuris when they killed Mythal: he was cool with everything else up till then
Make him a bit less sympathetic to a Dwarven Inquisitor who became his first real friend in eons.

I'd say those two arcs have the most depth at the end of the day with Solas, at least I think the Dwarven one will in DA4 when more lore is revealed.

Humans and Qunari are just too young of species to have been critical to much in ancient days.

On a side note, I hope we get to cause Solas more suffering in DA4
>Dwarf Inquisitor has his essence condensed into a Titan Heart
>Starts slaughtering Solas' forces with mad Earthquake and lyrium powers (Lyrium+Templar powers?)
>Sacrifice self to help Elves, permanently dead and can't be brought back with bs fade magic
>Solas is alone...again.
>>
>>170498482
I don't want him to suffer anymore, anon. I just want him to stop fucking things up and come home.
>>
milk?
>>
>>170494061
>manchild
He joined the Grey Wardens. That's responsibility enough. Finding out that you're heir to a kingdom when the entire world as you know it may go succumb to blight, and there's a whole 2 of you left in the area to take care of it, that's a big ass pill to swallow. You're not a child just because you would rather work with a different group to make changes to the world around you.
Anora had shit under control anyway.
>>
>>170494061
Keep in mind he is only like 20 or something in DAO
>>
>>170496716
Asunder.. how are you having trouble with this?
Shit. Move here, it's chock fucking full of them.
>>
>>170499449
It's difficult to (legally) come to the US nowadays
>>
File: taking-notes.jpg (10KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
taking-notes.jpg
10KB, 400x226px
>>170499449
I'm not sure. Perhaps it's because subby guys and stupid guys often come with lashings of insecurity that can cause them to lash/act out or be particularly delicate, for which I have little patience. Perhaps it's because I'm fat and weird and don't socialise much, thus lacking the prestige and opportunity to find them. Perhaps it's a little of column A, a little of column B.

...Where is 'here', by the way? Purely for uh, curiosity's sake of course.
>>
>>170498592
He's got to answer for the direct and indirect genocide of Dwarven kind.

Which he will, by having his one remaining friend (a friendly inquisitor) sacrifice themselves to make the fade-mortal realm merger happen smoothly rather than destructively.
>>
>>170500672
NO ;-;
>>
>>170499869
Well, there's always a way. Maybe.
>>170500002
It's the insecurity that's going to get ya then. Those qualities don't usually come without it that I've seen. I've got a friend that looks like Barndick who is a bit of a meathead, but he's almost 37 and wants kids.
Tennessee.
>>
http://m.imgur.com/a/AoOR5
>>
File: We_Have_A_Winner.jpg (59KB, 600x613px) Image search: [Google]
We_Have_A_Winner.jpg
59KB, 600x613px
>>170500002
>Perhaps it's because I'm fat and weird and don't socialise
>>
>>170502069
Is it just me or is the paint on the face fucking horrific?
>>
>>170500002
Move to San Francisco there's plenty of submissive men in the bdsm scene there.
>>
>>170502261
The flash is probably making it look 10x worse but yeah, it doesn't look...super. It would also look much better without the red worms crawling out of her arm.

Nice sense of movement though. Wouldn't mind one if I had the $$$ to burn.
>>
>>170502261
her face looks like shit
>>
>>170502472
Just like the game. Bioware is true to form
>>
File: POOBOO.jpg (600KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
POOBOO.jpg
600KB, 1920x1080px
>>170502561
lmao
>>
>>170502657
DELETE THIS!!!!
>>
>>170502447
>Wouldn't mind one if I had the $$$ to burn
Why aren't you findomming for that sweet, sweet Dragon Age merch?
>>
>>170502657
I watched the new ME:A video today, and one of the comments was saying that bad faces is tradition in bioware games. And that if you don't like bad faces you aren't a bioware fan
>>
File: 1420501216387.png (114KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
1420501216387.png
114KB, 500x493px
>>170502760
Because findomming only exists in my dreams.

I am presently grooming a sugar daddy atm though, at the current rate of progress you can ask me again this time next year.
>>
>>170502069
Is that the $450 one?
>>170502261
A lot of those handpainted figures look kinda off in the face, despite the shittons of money required to buy them.
>>170502760
Does findomming involve domming with one of those mermaid swim tails on?
>>
File: 1487149049479.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487149049479.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
>>170502949
what a dumb fucking comment

look at this goddess and tell me bioware can't do faces
>>
>>170503093
Bioware can't do faces.
>>
>>170502949
I don't think Peebee has a bad face, she just isn't great looking. Miranda has an actually badly done face

>>170503036
https://twitter.com/hashtag/financialdomination?lang=en
People are very, very strange
>>
>>170503136
you're a liar and the truth ain't in ya!
>>
>>170503184
>she just isn't great looking
That's one of the major issues. Ansari are supposed to be great looking it's part of the lore. But it's not just the design of her face it's the animations that make it really bad
>>
>>170503184
Welp.
We're just going to pretend it's the mermaid thing now.
>>
>>170503441
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUWne5-9Fz8
It isn't part of the lore. There are ugly asari just like there are ugly humans
>>
Asari *as a species* can be perceived as attractive by all other species but it's believe to possibly be a neurochemical thing to attract genertically diverse mates for the best offspring, as postulated by Mordin, rather than 'gee what tickles the pickle of the average basement dweller'. Far more interesting that way anyway.

PB still ugly though.
>>
>>170503636
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Asari
It is part of the lore. And the only thing wrong with that ones face is she's older, probably Matriarch stage of life, and she's scarred .

>>170504015
That's Mordins' theory, and he is smurt, so could be true
>>
>>170502657
Why does it have eyebrows?
>>
>>170504015
Being attractive isn't necessarily the same as being aesthetically pleasing though

I just find it bizarre that people still think that some ambient dialogue on Illium means that asari are shapeshifting squid monsters when they're just normal squid monsters

>>170504173
Asari, in general, are attractive to other species. Not "every asari should fit the canons of beauty"
>>
>>170504015
>PB still ugly though.
Doesn't matter, someone will mod it within a week
>>
>>170504173
>>170504443
Also, the asari in the video is just normal looking. My point was that she isn't super beautiful or anything
>>
>>170504173
Anon, there's literally nothing in that entire wiki page that says all asari are universally sexy.
>>
>>170504406
IIRC it's a genetic mutation that happens with human-blooded asari from time to time.

From a technical point of view is so they can make her more visually readable since eyebrows are an integral part of human expression.
>>
>>170479373
no haven. smut text game where you can get slaves and rape them and stuff
>>
>>170491886
why? why do you feel comfy here?
>>
File: 1422798294954.jpg (537KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1422798294954.jpg
537KB, 800x1280px
>>
How many Lel-posters are in this general exactly?
>>
>>170509269
1 or 2 very prolific ones
>>
I got DAI recently, and oh man... it's crazy how mediocre it is but still has me completely and utterly hooked.

I guess it's stupid faggotry lines up fairly well with my own.
>>
>>170510424
What is keeping you hooked? The mindless exploration?
>>
>>170510424
It was a welcome improvement from DA2

What part are you up to?
>>
File: tumblr_omj4zx6nTf1rtjwoqo1_1280.jpg (479KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omj4zx6nTf1rtjwoqo1_1280.jpg
479KB, 1280x1600px
>>
>>170511138
i cant tell if this is a drawing making fun of bioware, or something genuine
>>
File: 1417721959790.jpg (74KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1417721959790.jpg
74KB, 500x281px
>>170510424
It's okay, anon. This is a safe place for you. You're allowed to just say you like it without the pre-preemptive defensive distancing.
>>
File: tumblr_omf1h4FPCR1rtf1ilo1_1280.png (1MB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omf1h4FPCR1rtf1ilo1_1280.png
1MB, 900x1273px
>>170511234
Yes.
>>
How did a NEET loser like Morrigan become so articulate and confident? She increased her charisma skill by talking to herself in front of a mirror.
>>
>>170510879
I mean it uses a lot of MMO type hooks to keep players in, it uses a lot of that mobile and facebook-gaming type shit too.
That's why I like the Golden Nug so much, makes future playthroughs way less tedious.

It also has its moments of shine and genuine emotion and suspense and intrigue and brilliance.

Most of the main story missions, and the core area-missions tend to be pretty fun. Dragon Hunting can be fun too.
The only area I still dislike a lot is the Emerald Graves for how asinine it is to explore. No landmarks, you can genuinely lose sight of what's around you.

>>170511138
>>170511307
You should only be allowed to self-insert into these fucking games if you can do 40 real push ups, 100 real sit ups and 15 pull ups.

Meet the base bar of your character before you start projecting onto them to overcompensate for your failings.
>>
File: hiimdaisy mgs3.png (221KB, 592x637px) Image search: [Google]
hiimdaisy mgs3.png
221KB, 592x637px
>>170511687
PFFFFhahaha.
>>
>>170511939
Or you could lighten up and have fun, ugly PC and all.
>>
>>170511939
I'm thin and I've never been able to do a single pull-up in my entire life, so stop skelly shaming.
>>
>>170512140
>>170512265
No
Eat Whey
Do push ups and pull ups and reverse sit ups

It's not even so much that they make these ugly PCs but it's that they complain and bitch about Bioware not being inclusive enough and about how "It's a sci-fi/fantasy setting and the thing you can't believe is a proud transracial plus-sized human nugget being able to wield a great sword?"
>>
File: 1472891066571.webm (2MB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
1472891066571.webm
2MB, 640x440px
>>170512265
spooky
>>
File: 1473297085231.png (318KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1473297085231.png
318KB, 680x680px
>>170511138
>tumblr

You have to go back
>>
>>170512512
Anon.

Lighten up.
>>
Anons do you want me to make a new thread?
>>
>>170513106
Sure anon.
>>
>>170513106
Uhh...sure...I mean, I'd prefer if it was anyone but you but yeah, go for it...
>>
Time to move my anons.

>>170513293
>>170513293
>>170513293
Thread posts: 755
Thread images: 182

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.