[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gdg/ - Grim Dawn General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 758
Thread images: 98

File: Untitled.jpg (516KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
516KB, 1680x1050px
Come At Me, Bro edition

>What is Grim Dawn
Grim Dawn is an ARPG made by a few left over developers from Iron Lore Entertainment who also made Titan Quest along with with a few other devs including one D1/D2 designer. Currently you can't really pirate it because it it breaks NPCS and quests (custom DRM I'm guessing) but there is a DRM free version planned for launch.

>What are some features
Dual Class System
Faction-Based Questing
Refined Loot Drops
300+ Hero Monsters
Destructible Environments
Dynamic Weather
Recipe-Based Crafting
Modding Tools (Future)
DRM Free Version (At launch in February 2016)
More here http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/about/featurelist.php

>FAQ
http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/about/faq.php

>Game Guide
http://www.grimdawn.com/game.php

>Wiki
http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

>Advanced mechanics
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23720

>Build Planner
http://grimcalc.com/

>Item Database
http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items

>Store Page
http://store.steampowered.com/app/219990/

>Why is this game taking so long to make?
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=257065#post257065
>>
>>127382881
Also, post your trade shit here

https://www.reddit.com/r/Grimdawn/comments/3uje7w/the_trading_post/
>>
File: CASaf6fWMAAcZ3l[1].png (440KB, 525x654px) Image search: [Google]
CASaf6fWMAAcZ3l[1].png
440KB, 525x654px
PoE and D3 > GD
>>
>>127383116
My dick > your mom.
>>
File: somones mad.jpg (248KB, 642x1130px) Image search: [Google]
somones mad.jpg
248KB, 642x1130px
fresh off the press
man did someone get salty when i called it a diablo clone

but seriously, i wasnt trolling, i do think its way way way too similar to diablo
all those "pick award you want" quest dont change shit especially since they gave up on the idea halfway into act 2

also fuck you guys for telling me this game is great, i should know better
>>
>>127383048
I'm not making a fucking account so I can post trade notes. Someone make a google document or something
>>
>>127383320
The fuck, is that one of the devs?
>>
>>127383048
Fuck off.

Just use Steam or the official forums, or even just this general.
>>
>>127383320
>class mixing plain up doesn't work

I think you're the problem here, senpai. This thing already worked on TQ and still works here.
>>
File: 8a5ef0_5149262[1].jpg (72KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
8a5ef0_5149262[1].jpg
72KB, 1024x576px
>>127383594
>le legion face
>>
>the game ends on a big fat cliffhanger
Aw, I expected at least some kind of a resolution.
>>
What does this game do that PoE doesn't?
>>
>>127383331
>>127383594
aite your loss, managed to get most of my gear off there, and unfortunately since /vg/ threads last a few hours theres no consistency
>>
>>127383631
no it dosnt
it should just allow you to pick skills form all classes or make classes that arent split into two

that and makes core classes so limp dicked its just a waste of potentially well balanced and fun class to play
i ended up with demo, a guy who is made of crowd control spells while having no mana regen or survivability abilities

and since i picked soldier second, to get some more life and shit, i plain up locked myself out of any possibility of using my fucking insanely mana expensive skills

but again, its just pointless details that dont do much to differentiate the game core mechanics that end up being a slightly simplified clone of diablo
>>127383529
i guess
since he didnt even let me reply i assume he was just amking an excuse to himself
>>
>>127384334
damage over time properly

>>127371108
>>
>>127383320
>Diablo
>better than GD
ayy
>>
>>127384334
have actual fun, and this is coming from a 100 shockwave totem witch>>127384334
>>
>>127383998
An expansion is already planned, so I guess they had to leave plenty of room for more.

IIRC one of the designers post a way back about not wanting to have the player "save the world" too much, since the whole situation they're in is too big for that and it's more about hanging on in a shitty situation than about fixing the whole mess.
>>
Asked this in the last thread.

I made a witch blade because I wanted a hero that uses slight magic along with martial prowess. I use sigil of consumption and blade arc as my main dmg dealers. I put points the soeltiare or what not, what are some good dmg dealers that are not doombolt or poison eyes? I was thinking of using the raven for the healing and slight dmg it can do.
>>
>>127384334
I can turn on Veteran to make normal difficulty not casual difficulty.
>>
>>127384451
>sucks dick at building a character

>durr hurr game's fault me should be cool at game without thinkie

fuck off you colossal faggot
>>
>>127383529
Yes, the lead dev.

For small indie games like this it's not uncommon for the devs to actually be active in discussions on Steam and the official forums.
>>
>>127384724
If you're using Blade Arc then you should probably invest in Curse of Frailty since that reduces bleed resist.
>>
>>127384797
>Zantai
>Lead dev

Why do people think this? The lead devs are Medierra and Rhis, or at least those were the two that started the entire Grim Dawn project, Zantai is one of the designers.
>>
>>127384724
Blitz+Blindside is super useful (only put 1 point into Blitz), though not really a damage dealer.

Curse of Frailty isn't a damage dealer either, but it can help increase your damage A LOT since it lowers enemy resistances. It also makes getting mobbed easier to handle since it slows the enemies down.

The raven familiar is nice, but probably not worth it if you don't have a pet build. If you want a heal, you can pick up Blood of Dreeg for that.
>>
>>127384536
better, not better
my point stands
it was there first, and god knows it wanst perfect, so copying it to this extent not only brings its positives, but also a fucking wall of problems it had
and fuck another game where you need a fortune worthy of a king to buy a single shitty item while selling enough swords and bows to outfit an army to get that money
can at lest one diablo clone make shops worth a flying fuck?

>>127384774
as the game dosnt even bother to tell me what skills what class has or even allow me to check them, its rather hard to build a competent class without a guide or trying at lest few times
asking me to put in 30 or so hours into it for me to get past normal a lot, asking me to spend more to make a character that isnt shit is a joke
i couldnt even beat final boss equipped in all legendary and epic gear without dying 20x times and chipping way at him in some parody of what gameplay in such a game should look like
>>
>>127384334
Pros
>no retarded devs nerfing everything into oblivion over and over
>no forced online that gives way to delay/lags
>will be mod friendly, as opposed to poe who banned players for using item filters a week before their very own og donutsteel item filter was released.
>no bullshit of linking sockets/colors just to use your moves.
>skill tree isn't a bunch of meaningless passive stats
>game isn't balanced around alt+f4 so no bullshit lag spike developed one shot moves.
>bosses are challenging without resorting to "deals 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999 fire damage, cuz fuck you for getting fire resist" bullshit
>no chris wilson faggotry
>armor/weapon designed isn't held back by a mtx store, so all items look cool/interesting as opposed to poe "look like a drunk bum faggot unless you pay 50 for the divine pee pee armor of glow"

Cons:
>no races/temp leagues
>can't transfer cosmetic look of items to other items (although this involved paying real money so fuck that in poe)
>>
>>127385427
>as the game dosnt even bother to tell me what skills what class has or even allow me to check them, its rather hard to build a competent class without a guide or trying at lest few times
asking me to put in 30 or so hours into it for me to get past normal a lot, asking me to spend more to make a character that isnt shit is a joke
i couldnt even beat final boss equipped in all legendary and epic gear without dying 20x times and chipping way at him in some parody of what gameplay in such a game should look like

holy christ fuck are you this bad at the game?
they have a fucking class calculator on their site you can use. also unlike PoE and D3 any class combo can work, but it will involve thinking and mousing over abilities to figure out how to combine them.

but you already explained thinking is hard, so again, fuck off you horsecock-sucking jew
>>
>>127385427
if you need vendors to get good gear you're truly shit.
>>
>>127384724
This is my (planned) build, it probably looks a lot like what you're doing.

http://grimcalc.com/build/9bjsYf

I don't know how well it does in the long run since I'm only level 32 at the moment, but so far I've been doing fine in Veteran Hardcore. I wish I had more points left for the passives, but I guess gear will have to cover that.
>>
>>127384334
It has less stuff?
So its not such a time sink, where 200 hours isnt enough to figure out how to build anything with that skill tree, other than that?
Dunno, ... less stuff.
>>
>>127385427
>as the game dosnt even bother to tell me what skills what class has or even allow me to check them
At level 2, you click a mastery. You look at the skills. You click the "Undo mastery choice" button. You click another mastery. You look at those skills. The only bad thing about it is that it should also show you what the skill will look like when it's maxed, so you could see how well it scales.
Still, making a viable build for getting through Normal and Elite isn't really hard, if you have a brain. Ultimate is balanced weirdly, though, but there's probably a bunch of fixes coming for that.
>>
Where do I farm epics? I need Immaterial Edge.
>>
Grim Dawn will feature a powerful set of modding tools, giving players a chance to create their own content and challenges. Grim Dawn’s content will be as limitless as the imaginations of the players. Create your own worlds and share them with your friends, and even the world!

woah
>>
>>127385563
i'm saving this post
>>
>>127385887
>they have a fucking class calculator on their site you can use.
it can be up your moms ass for all i care
its not in the game
>>
File: wat.jpg (5KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
5KB, 243x207px
Sup /gdg/, I am a Grim Dawn noobfag (while no stranger to ARPGs) so I've come here with some questions.

How important is it to level physique as an Arcanist? I'm leveling with a friend and I've seen about 0 wands and he's dropped me two, forcing me to use other weapons for DPS, weapons that require a higher physique than normal.

Secondly, I am leveling a Nightblade by myself and I've chosen Lethal Gambit; how important is putting points into skills early on, compared to putting points into your class?
>>
>>127386261
I realy hope the game will have an active modding community.
>>
>>127385427
Just because it's all legendary and epic gear doesn't mean shit. Your resistances were shit.
>>
http://grimcalc.com/build/S4TnGV

how's my shaman so far mates
>>
>>127386261
>now posts on 4chan are ads
thanks new moot
>>
Just unlocked Ultimate on my HC Sorc, I don't want to die yet, so I'm gonna fuck around on another character for a while. Someone tell me what the fuck to play
>>
>>127386586
Generally, absolutely all Ultimate viable builds have most, if not all, points in physique. I've seen a few go like 5-15 points in either spirit or cunning, though, to get enough to equip certain gear.

As for putting points into skills or mastery, respeccing is dirt cheap, so I usually just stuff points into skills making the earlygame go by much faster, and when I have enough points to stuff into a later skill, I'll just respec out of the earlygame skill.
>>
>>127386690
resistances to what?
i have no clue what damage type that fucker does, and i dont exactly drown in legendaries and high level epics by end of first difficulty, so i cnat chose what resists i get on what
>>
>>127387004
Christ, go play D3. That game was made for brainless casuals like you.
>>
>>127386964

Alright that's about what I expected, thanks. I believe you can't respec your attributes? Does this mean you have to work towards your late game stat wise from the word go then, or is it just the fact that you get enough attributes for all your equipment from the gear itself?
>>
>>127386586
>How important is it to level physique as an Arcanist?
Depends on where you are in the game. On Hardcore, it's definitely important because Physique gives HP and Defense Ability. Similarly, Physique becomes more important in Elite and especially in Ultimate, since emeies hit a LOT harder there. Without Physique, you'll be very glassy and some enemies might even one-shot you. Equipment, skills and devotions can make up for this though, and the Arcanist has two great defensive skills in Mirror of Erections and Maiven's Sphere.

>how important is putting points into skills early on, compared to putting points into your class?
There's been some debate on this and there are arguments to be made for both approaches, but in my opinion it's always better to spend points in your skills. Most skills become much better with some points in them, and this helps you level faster. If you don't want to use any of the early skills, you can simply spec out of them later on anyway. Putting points in your class masteries lets you reach some of the more powerful skills faster without respeccing, but you'll have a harder time getting there since your skills will be weak. Respeccing is cheap anyway, so there's no real reason to work towards your final build from the start instead of just taking the stuff that works for you right now.
>>
>>127387004
All of your resistances, I had fairly high resistances by the end of Veteran.
>>
>>127387004
>Boss is using attacks with red visuals? Gee, I wonder what damage type it could be (protip: It's either chaos, vitality, or fire)
>Stuff armor full of components that give resists to one thing
>See if you still die as easily, if you do: change components to give resists to another thing
>Repeat
How hard is this to do?
>>
>>127386869
Someone tell me what to play or I'm getting the hacker known as 4Chan to backtrace your IPs and fuck you all up.
>>
>>127386869
Trickster.

>>127387339
Just get the stats you need to equip your gear. There's no need to spend all your stat points right away, so it's better to keep them on hand for when you need them. I currently have 14 unused stat points on my level 33 character.
>>
>>127387339
Pretty sure you can't completely fuck your character over even if you choose to spend your attribute points the "wrong" way. You can definitely make Ultimate harder for yourself, though.
However, certain class combos can get too little spirit to equip endgame jewelry, for example, so just save up 10-15 skill points at all times, in case you stumble upon some gear you won't be able to use unless you put a few points into whatever stat it requires.
>>
File: 1376010321916.jpg (10KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1376010321916.jpg
10KB, 256x256px
>playing a single player offline grinding game

For what purpose?
>>
>>127387636
Play a trickster that dual-wields lightning rods and shits lightning everywhere.
>>
>>127387410

Thanks, this has given me a better grasp of how I should go about building my characters.

Here's another question: I play with my friend and he's fallen 4 behind me. As an Arcanist I just blow everything to fuck before he can touch it. A lot of multiplayer mechanics seem to be very vague or unexplained. I assume that he only shares a fraction of the experience I get for each kill. Are we simply going to have to let him last hit everything so he can keep up? It's made leveling together counter-productive as we're always waiting on him.

>>127387639
>>127387758

Noted. I'll start hoarding stat points.
>>
>>127387828
The same reason you play any other game.

Fun.
>>
>>127387928
Senpai I'ma need some guidance.
>>
>>127387995
>grinding
>fun

ok
>>
>>127388126
wtf why did it change senpai to Senpai, what witchcraft is this
>>
>>127388126
>Start character
>Choose Nightblade or Shaman
>Stuff points into dual-wield line and Pneumatic Burst lines in NB
>Stuff points into whatever lightning-related in Shaman that doesn't require 2handers
I have no idea how to build a Trickster, but I guess that'll do. Also go for the Tempest constellation (5 ascendance 5 primordial, up to the left in the devotion window)
>>
>>127388453
I assume this is your first day on 4chan?
>>
>>127388453
i'm gonna kill myself, i can't say f a m, I can't pretend to be black
>>
>>127388531
â–²
â–² â–²
I guess I'll test this to find out
>>
>>127388830
Fuck it's my first day I guess
>>
>>127387456
>i was lucky with my rng, why werent you ?;)
>>127387481
would help if my stash didnt consist of room enough few few items before it got full

and would that increase my damage output so i can actually kill those spawns fast enough?
i seriously doubt it
>>
>>127389187
>would help if my stash didnt consist of room enough few few items before it got full

Create a new character, get to burial cave so you get access to the prison, stuff his stash full of whatever shit you have in the shared stash, you now have plenty of room in less than 15 minutes.

>and would that increase my damage output so i can actually kill those spawns fast enough?
Nope, reviewing your build after upping your resists will do that, because with high enough resists, you will take much less damage, and can build for a more glasscannon-esque build.

Actually, do you mind posting your build?
>>
>>127389571
this
http://grimcalc.com/build/dk3Pnh
>>
>>127390323
People usually pick soldier for the defensive options it provides you, not for markovian advantage.
>>
File: 1399506995896.png (7KB, 86x58px) Image search: [Google]
1399506995896.png
7KB, 86x58px
>>127387828
>playing a multiplayer online grinding game

For what purpose?
>>
File: 1447094296446.jpg (175KB, 447x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447094296446.jpg
175KB, 447x720px
>>127383320
>make a worthless shitpost on steam forums
>get told off by a dev
>come to /vg/ to cry about your anal pain
>>
>>127390889
honestly all his skills seem shit
regret picking him
>>
>>127390323
Dual pistols > rifle. I beat Normal with a sorceress using the marauder's guns (Level 26), the increased attack speed from using two guns makes it so much better than rifles. Not too hard to fix either, if you've had shit drops and don't have any items enabling it, it's just 1 Tainted Brain Matter, and 1 of each of Serrated Spike, Polished Emerald, and Silk Swatch for the Gunslinger's Talisman Relic, the blueprint for which you get from the DC faction vendor.
Other than that, get some chaos resists from wherever, a source or two of life steal (Blessed Steel is amazing for this, just stuff it in a weapon)
I'd also respec out of Markovian's Advantage and Military Conditioning, and get more points in Soldier to pick up Warcry, that skill is broken as fuck. Or you could want to pick up Flashbang, that skill is also amazing, especially with the modifier.
I don't really see any reason you should have trouble with the final boss on Veteran (Or at least he should be piece of cake on non-veteran), but those are my tips for your build, at least.
>>
>>127391174
Closing a thread after making a short feature list straight out of retail box isnt exactly what i would call getting told.
Dev seemed to talk more to himself rather to anybody else there.
>>
>>127391793
Maybe he's smart enough to know the first thing you learn on 4chan, don't give attention to shitposters.
>>
Alright post builds and how they are doing both fun wise and viability wise.

http://grimcalc.com/build/8J421p

At level 50 right now, its pretty fun, however not super practical so far.
>>
File: show them online.jpg (26KB, 300x411px) Image search: [Google]
show them online.jpg
26KB, 300x411px
>>127390904
>>
>>127393473
http://grimcalc.com/build/tgUqE4
sitting at +210% lightning and electrocute damage
i set right click to cast wind devil and both totems with a mouse program. i just walk around and stand there holding down right click in crowds of enemies and they instantly melt. i didn't time it, but the final boss died in about 30-40 seconds
i've never made a good build in a diablo-like game before but i'm proud of how well this is doing
>>
>>127393473
Discord is shit unless you have a really good elemental weapon, since it's not an actual transmute.
>>
>>127386716
please respond
>>
File: 1439400902691.jpg (2MB, 1880x2080px) Image search: [Google]
1439400902691.jpg
2MB, 1880x2080px
replying to the guy asking if vindictive flame scales with total retaliation damage.

>>127317805
It scales with fire and physical % the skill description never says it does any retaliation damage just flat fire, and physical with lightning and burn later, 100% chance on struck.
>>
File: 1451487350473.jpg (18KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
1451487350473.jpg
18KB, 252x200px
>AAR build against Herald of Flame
>>
File: Sheeit.jpg (841KB, 1920x1082px) Image search: [Google]
Sheeit.jpg
841KB, 1920x1082px
I'm going to die soon, I fucking know it
>>
Is dual-focusing elements worthwhile, or should I solely focus on one?
>>
>>127394368
It depends.
>>
>>127393473
http://grimcalc.com/build/OpGxsj
Not that far into the game yet, but getting carried by Pneumatic Burst healing and one-shotting everything. Can't fucking wait until I get Reckless Tempest, though, that's gonna be great. Slicing people up with lightning is fun as fuck.
>>
What's the consensus on hardcore and veteran modes?
>>
>>127394762
What do you mean
>>
>single class builds are shit
>dual class builds make for it impossible to take high level skills and have points left for anything else
why do people actually defend this?
>>
>>127394951
just leave my man
>>
>>127394070
Hmm thanks for the tip, I will have to free up some points.
>>
>>127394762
>consensus

Anyone on hardcore will tell you how bad ass they are and stroke their ecocks all over you.

Anyone not on hardcore probably won't argue with you because they're too casual to care in the first place.
>>
>>127394762
>Veteran
Should be harder
>Hardcore
With the way Ultimate is now, I feel like hardcore isn't really worth it.
>>
>>127395012
Good argument.
>>
>>127394328
>tfw level 30 and can't handle the pressure
how'd you do it
>>
>>127395156
>arguing a blatant lie

sure thing bud
>>
File: 555125215.jpg (1MB, 2164x1468px) Image search: [Google]
555125215.jpg
1MB, 2164x1468px
>>127395156
>>127394951

>literally stupid and wrong
>>
>>127395286
>>127395368
Don't reply to shitposters guys just ignore it.
>>
>>127394951
With the amount of +skills you can get from highlevel gear, getting a bunch of skill to max isn't even remotely hard.
>>
>>127393473
http://grimcalc.com/build/K4Pals

Pretty even split on attribute distribution. It's pretty viable so far but I need a few more levels to round him out. I rushed Cadence and Fighting Form because I just wasn't dishing out enough damage to survive beforehand, and rushed the max mastery I need on Occultist because Sigil and Solael's just kinda suck without their modifiers.
>>
>>127395368
with leave I ment he should leave the thread because I though he is the same guy with the Steam forum post.
>>
>>127395250
10 minute boss fights because shit damage but insane resists.
>>
>>127394762
>What's the consensus
There is none.

>on hardcore
I like it because it forces you to play smarter. You can't just go glass cannon "nuke everything oops I just got one-shot by a boss, doesn't matter lol". Playing Softcore and never dying is essentially the same thing, but knowing there's no safety net makes the game more exciting for me. I certainly get people who prefer Softcore, though. Losing a character you spent hours and hours on because of one moment of carelessness is painful.

>and veteran modes?
It should be the default setting. "Normal" is easy. "Veteran" is normal.
>>
>>127395368
What a dumb-ass looking build. Speaking as a high level Conjurer.
>>
>>127394762
Veteran's decently challenging but not super-hard. Normal is babby casual in comparison, you'll rarely die even as a glass cannon build.

As far as HC goes... I've personally never seen the point of it. One mistake can kill your character. If you're playing regular mode, oh well, you can keep playing. If you're playing HC then that's possibly dozens of hours down the drain for nothing.
>>
What in the fuck is Ultimate, I leave the god damn bridge and I have 4 elites in my face
>>
>>127395947
"Fun", anon.
>>
http://grimcalc.com/build/KFMuD2

r8 and h8 my deployable build
>>
File: yet it works tho.jpg (1MB, 1909x1073px) Image search: [Google]
yet it works tho.jpg
1MB, 1909x1073px
>>127395759
>>
>>127396049
looks funny
>>
>>127396091
lvling pet skills is useless
>>
File: Tango.png (3MB, 1920x1082px) Image search: [Google]
Tango.png
3MB, 1920x1082px
tango fucking down
>>
>>127396649
great job fragging that charlie anon
>>
>>127395947
>>127396649
Ultimate's actually pretty okay for Act 1, with the exception of the unfortunate times when 3 heroes spawn in one room, and 2 rooms over, just within aggro range, there's 3 more heroes. My phantasmal blades spellbreaker with 4.5k health didn't have any trouble. Act 2 and on, however...
>>
>>127396341
briarthorne mai waifu, you're useless.
>>
>>127396941
I JUST HAD FUCKING FIVE SPAWN
>>
>>127397089
Kite like a motherfucker.
>>
>>127397089
Yep. It's fun, isn't it?
>>
>>127397159
2fun4me
>>
File: Here lies Anon.jpg (21KB, 345x178px) Image search: [Google]
Here lies Anon.jpg
21KB, 345x178px
I wasn't cut out for the big leagues :(
>>
File: wat.png (806KB, 633x537px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
806KB, 633x537px
>shrine needs frozen heart
>i have frozen heart in my inventory
>i can't offer it to the shrine
what the fuck do i do to fix this? i hate everything about these shitty annoying shrines
>>
>>127396649
Do you have any tips for hardcore?
>>
>>127397670
What happened?
>>
File: [2015.08.11_13.47.04].jpg (17KB, 203x233px) Image search: [Google]
[2015.08.11_13.47.04].jpg
17KB, 203x233px
>>127397676
kek

We need more posts like this to lighten the thread up.
>>
>>127397670
RIP in peace, Anon ;_;7

>>127397676
You need a completed component. What you have is a 2/3rd completed one.
>>
>>127397695
Sacrifice damage for resist imo. It got me through Elite.
>>
>>127397676
>Partial Component 2/3

Found your problem dipshit
>>
>>127397695
yeah just one kinda of a spoiler tip. ロééÿÿ git good
>>
>>127397676
It's a partial component, you nerd. It says so in the description. You need a full heart for the shrine.
>>
>>127397676
>I'm a huge retard please kill me
>>
>>127397749
I was cleansing the water pump, and I got collapsed on from all 4 directions, and there were 3 of the big fuckers.

>>127397819
Rest in kill, my sweet prince.
>>
File: 1333092243564.png (13KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
1333092243564.png
13KB, 284x284px
>>127397845
>>127397993
why so angry anons
>>
>>127398171
To be fair you could have just taken a few seconds to read instead of being retarded. Sorry, anon. But it's the truth.
>>
>>127397825
>>127397695

Another tip would be to have multiple characters all on hardcore. They all share the same recipes you learn and stuff in your shared stash. Helps when you lose somebody if you have an alt past some of the boring parts.
>>
File: 1333068691011.png (46KB, 649x434px) Image search: [Google]
1333068691011.png
46KB, 649x434px
>>127398337
the shrine doesn't say anything about how complete the component has to be, it literally just says "frozen heart". needing a complete component makes sense in hindsight but it's not something that should make you so upset at someone else on the internet
>>
>>127398706
It literally shows the icon for a completed Frozen Heart, though, not an incomplete one.
>>
>>127398706
fuck you cunt
>>
>>127398706
Just accept that you were being dumb and move on anon you're just embarrassing yourself now
>>
>>127398775
they look pretty similar desu senpai

>>127398858
thank you for the (You)
>>
>>127398957
>pretty similar
Pretty similar isn't the same.
>>
So last night I could host with my friend connecting to me. Today we've tried again and we can't connect to each other's game for some reason. Both of us can connect to random multiplayer games on the browser. Is there a fix for this phenomenon or is it chalked up to "Early Access what did you expect"
>>
File: 1430053279868.png (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1430053279868.png
8KB, 200x200px
>>127399042
good job identifying that different words have different meanings
>>
>>127399049
It happens to me at random too. I don't understand it.
>>
>>127399049
Could be a port forwarding thing.
>>
>>127399237

I doubt it, but I'm getting him to try to forward his ports, I've already done mine.
>>
>>127399223
Someone has to do it for you.
If you need me to wipe your ass, just let me know, I work with autistic children often.
>>
>>127399412
>condescending "you're autistic" jab
you can always tell when a person doesn't have anything worthwhile left to say when they pull this one out
>>
>>127399741
What happened to your :3 pictures, Anon?
Did that other Anon strike a nerve or something?
>>
>>127399741
>you can always tell when a person doesn't have anything worthwhile left to say when they pull this one out
I'm amazed you managed to type that out without realising how ironic it was, but that's autism for you.
>>
IS THIS A THREAD ABOUT RETARDS OR GRIM DAWN
>>
File: 1333223859698.png (71KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1333223859698.png
71KB, 900x900px
>>127399885
no i just ran out
this is the only other cute one i have

>>127399993
what's ironic about it
>>
>>127400235
LITERALLY.
NO.
DIFFERENCE.
>>
So why wouldn't you hand over the Hargate's Formula to Kasparov?
>>
>>127400260
>what's ironic about it
And this is why I had to point out the difference between 'pretty similar' and 'the same'

We've come full circle, autismo.
>>
>>127400357
No reason at all, the only difference is that if you keep it, you don't get iron bits from him.
>>
>pick wrong dialog choice
>guy immediately torches his house and kills his family

s-sorry
>>
>>127400478
no i think you just misused the word. to be ironic it would have to be unexpected, but you already think i'm retarded. i think hypocritical would be a better word choice

>>127400235
post your build
>>
>>127400629
What's the purpose in keeping it? Iron bits are pointless (2k normal 10k elite)
>>
>>127400734
I have done this too many times myself, the poor Skinner family.
>>
>>127400794
I just died, I have no build
>>
>>127400794
>have to be unexpected
Not necessarily.
Not everything is measured in absolutes, autismo.

>i'm retarded
I don't disagree.
>>
what would be the best class comb to make a Paladin type character?

Soldier + Shaman?
Soldier + Arcanist?
Soldier + Demolitionist?
>>
>>127400928
There's no difference in XP or Relic Blueprint recieved, there's literally no benefit in keeping it. You probably just have to choice to do so because they wanted more "choice and consequence"-quests.
>>
>>127401193
Figures. A shame some of the quests/choices are absolute bullshit though. Like permanent damage. Such as >>127400734 and not letting the guy in Act 2 live (the vendor with the daughter)
>>
Hello. Can I play as a cute girl? This is very important.
>>
>>127401352
No.
>>
>>127401352
There's literally zero character customization apart from choosing gender. You can choose to play as a girl, but you can't make her cater to your sense of cute.

>>127401335
Yeah, the Family Crisis is okay, though, it's just losing some XP and a shitty ring, but the Homestead vendor is a bit worse, since he can save you a bunch of dynamite farming.
>>
Do I play a Witchblade or a Warder?
>>
>>127401689
>>127401335
Are there any other permanent damage choices like this in the game?
>>
>>127401172
Soldier+Demo, I'd say. You can purge shit with fire and channel the fury of gods.
>>
Do legos not drop in Elite act 1-2? I got 4 lego in normal Act 4 (was farming there for a while before hitting Elite) and I'm 50% done act 2 and not a since lego drop at all in Elite.
>>
>>127401721
Do you want to bleed acid or shoot lightning out your ass?
>>
>>127401827
You've got the choice of killing/saving Anasteria (The Outcast), killing her denies you an entire faction, with faction items.
Choosing to give the Rover guy early on their elder's talisman makes you unable to get a pretty decent relic at a fairly low level.
Of course the Order/Chosen faction choice, but that gives you a faction no matter which you choose.
I think that's all, at least that's all I can remember right now.
>>
>>127402015
Bleed Acid, but idk what to take on the Soldier side of it
>>
>>127402260
Well if you want to build around Blood of Dreeg, Overguard is a good one-point wonder to pair with it. Besides that, Soldier's got a lot of good passives for survivability, Cadence is fun to use, as is Blade Arc, and both pair well with Curse of Frailty due to its bleed/phys resist debuff.
>>
>>127399095
oh god anon im so sorry
will you keep playing hardcore after that?
>>
>>127401964

They do. You just have to pray to RNGesus harder
>>
>tfw your first lego is for a shit class combo that you will never play
>tfw your second and third are as well
>>
>>127391261
>I don't really see any reason you should have trouble with the final boss on Veteran

Me and a friend play coop and we fucking die like flys on vet at the final boss. Also i play a duel pistol build as well, it feels op as fuck but i only got 3500 hp...
We now grind lvl and gear to beat that fucker.
>>
File: best.jpg (254KB, 1599x899px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
254KB, 1599x899px
This build is gonna take me to ultimate, I can feel it in my bones.

Wish the bird would stop taking 10 second piss breaks after shooting a couple times though
>>
>>127405092
Hellhound is better to max first. Make sure you right click your pets and set them to aggressive.
>>
>>127391212
Boi menhirs will the auto heal skill is nice as fuck.
The shield Abilities are also great.
Decorated solider is useful as fuck too!
>>
>>127405092
that bird will take you absolutely to the grave.

Curse of fraility is nb.

you can put one point in hellhound and use it like a jihadi fighter for -15% hp on every enemy in the game.
>>
Is grimcalc broken? Every time I open a build page the tab just says loading and the classes won't pop up.
>>
>>127401172
Solider and Arcanist for lighting dmg and Template shield and retaliation shit. Also use a mace.
>>
Is arcanist/occultist summoner viable? Or is shaman the only way to go
>>
>>127402753
Sweet. Got Boneweave Legging lego from a shrine just then :^) Cheers anon.

>>127405350
>>127405264
Don't even max the bird. Personally 1 point in every bird skill is absolute best. Keep bird on medium.
>>
>>127405712
Shaman gives you a toggle, at max rank, that gives you huge bonuses to your pets. Occultist gives you an active that gives you a huge bonus to pets.
Arcanist would just gimp you pretty hard, considering pets are your primary damage source.
>>
i want to make arnold schwarzenegger in grim dawn, which build suits me best?

soldier, obvs. but what other mastery?
>>
>>127410363
Shaman has 2h support up the wazoo. Also lightning if that is your bag.

Another good candidate would be nightblade and then you can throw daggers yelling "stick around"
>>
File: cool.jpg (345KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
345KB, 1920x1080px
>>127383320
>Shitpost on steam forum
>Get rekt by devs
>Come to general to call the dev salty after getting btfo by dev
>>
>>127384334
Everything
>>
>>127410363
soldier + demolitionist makes commando
>>
How does '%reduction in enemy health' work exactly?
>>
Looking for some advice, Im currently playing through with a occ/sha build im tentatively calling the Party Crasher. Veteran difficulty.

Basically it means I can be upfront with my pets smashing things.

Most devotion points have gone into pet + stats and you can view the build im kind of working towards: http://grimcalc.com/build/1FkEmc

So my question is how can I improve survivability/ are ANY of the pet "skills" worth jumping into.

Im focusing on pets that DONT dissapear over time, are the others (namely wind devil and primal spirit) that much better then I should move points into them?

Anyone mess around with something similar?
>>
I think Grimcalc is fucked. My build in-game is exactly http://grimcalc.com/build/nfvAip (I've taken all gear off and my tree is exactly this) and Grimcalc is telling me I'm level 78 yet my character is level 67.
>>
what is this my reputation reached despised by aetherials?
can I be buddy chums with these zombie overlords?
>>
>>127420434
No point in using wind devils without investing in lightning damage %.

You are missing curse of frailty + vulnerability.

I don't see the point of investing so many points in blood of dreeg and armor of the guardian, as I don't know where any poison damage is coming from.

Put one point in possession, drop the points in mend flesh and put them in lightning strike.

Put a point in grasping vines and one in emboldening roar.
>>
>>127421395
Each threshold of like/dislike gives different things. For dislike, there'll be more of those enemies and of higher tiers (stronger--Nemesis = Nemesis enemies)

And no I don't think you can buddy buddy with most factions. Most of them are laid-out for you except for the two you have to pick between (Death Order/Vigil and other useless faggots, forgot their names)
>>
>>127421436
See >>127421219
Totally not my post btw. ;)
>>
Why couldn't we get TQ2 with fixed masteries and randomized terrain?
>>
>>127421436
Yeah Curse just seems too strong to avoid.

Poison damage was coming from a devotion, but I was mainly using it for the healing, having a tough time going toe to toe but perhaps curse will fix that.

Should I max out curse and vulnerability?

And why the grasping vines?
>>
>>127422327
>Should I max out curse and vulnerability?
Yes, but for now just put a few points in both

>And why the grasping vines?
Grasping vines like Dreeg's evil eye (although you can get an augment for this latter one) can be used to proc devotions like shepard's call and bysmiel's
>>
>>127422658
>>127422327
Careful though curse has higher aggro priority than anything else including pets.

Enjoy getting butt-raped.
>>
>>127422658
Alright thanks for your suggestions, at the moment I have Bysmiel teathered to feral hunger and shepards call to savargry, both seem to be procing ok (considering Bysmiel has a large internal CD).

The only other proc on attk I was looking to grab was howl, I'll see if I cant get an augment so I can swap these around, rather investing a point
>>
>>127383320
Why are they called Roguelike dungeons? There's nothing roguelike about them. They're not even randomized.
>>
>>127422949
im kind of doing that at the moment anyway. I can handle most packs (at Necropolis) but im struggling with some bosses.

I do end up kiting them and getting them down with my pets, in retrospect a more defensive class might be better then shaman.
>>
>>127422949
Some enemies will beeline for you regardless of agro and will ignore your pets completely.
>>
>that devotion shrine in SoT on Elite

This has to be the worst thing ever for lots of classes.
>>
>>127423186
You'll love the one in Ultimate.
>>
I can't wait for the balance patches to roll in an fix Elite and Ultimate. It's a bit absurd how much health monsters have and how much damage they dish out. I finally was able to equip my full set of Legendary armor on my soldier and now don't take way too much damage. I hate to think how bad it is for anyone who doesn't have a shield and lots of armor and resistances.
>>
all the constellations say % chance on attack
what qualifies as an attack in this case?
do spells/AOEs/retaliations count?
>>
>>127423121
Yup. A few come to mind. Those ghost faggots (dunno if they have an actual name) like in SoT they usually go straight for you. A couple Cthonians do it. The tentacle worm/leech things and hulking black armored faggots go straight for you. So retarded.

>>127423083
Pets are terrible at chasing as well. They do like 10% of the DPS if they chase than if they were to just stand still or go from monster to monster.

>>127423186
I'm just about to do it. What are the odds. Time for fun!
>>
>>127420434
Thi is my Conjurer build at 80

http://grimcalc.com/build/DkT92u

Devotions went like this:
+ Crossroads (Ascendant)
+ Crossroads (Eldritch)
+ Shepard's Crook
+ Raven
+ Akeron's Scorpion
+ Rhowhan's Crown
- Crossroads (Eldritch)
+ Crossroads (Chaos)
+ Fiend
+ Bat
- Crossroads (Chaos)
+ Empty Throne
+ Bysmiel's Bonds
+ Crossroads (Order)
+ Assassin's Blade
- Crossroads (Order)
+ Mogdrogen The Wolf

So far ive been literally just standing while my pets demolish everything. Like I did Loghorrean Elite and killed him in 20 seconds, just my Primal Spirit does around 20k dps at max debuffs and buffs. Most of the Devo points have great pet stats and the spells you can all put on your pets as well as one Temp pet from Bysmaiel's Bonds. I got the Savagery relic for a Permanent storm hound pet, Empowered Blightshard Amulet for a permanent riftscourge pet and looking for Og'napesh for a permanent skelly, 6 permanent pets and 2 temp pets. Just grab gear with any pet bonuses while leveling, Forget about Pet life as they will be tanky as fuck as it is. Beast callers set is key, the rest look up on the database for items to suit you.
>>
Im feeling abit unhappy with my Shaman/Arcanist, its good fun chain lightning everything on the screen but i feel squishy and single target is lame. How to fix
>>
>>127423885
What level and build, lightning damage%?
>>
>>127423884
Forgot to say, Shepards call on Noxious Poison Bomb (given by Venom Tipped Ammo), as it will proc it almost 100% of the time. Bysmiel's Bonds on Grasping Vines, and Howl of Mogdrogen on Dreeg Evil Eye. The rest of the keystones can be spread among your pets.
>>
File: Grim Downs.png (3MB, 2546x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Grim Downs.png
3MB, 2546x1010px
>>127423981
Level 25, +56% lightning damage and on the devotion i was going to get points to move over to the Tempest constallation
>>
Just bought this game off steam I have a few questions.

There is no character creator?
Why the fuck is scrap metal so hard to find?
Is the game always this easy or does it get harder?
>>
>>127423440
someone please answer me this is really critical information for how I build characters :(
>>
>>127424209
Toggle Veteran Difficulty on the main screen before starting. Gives you more of a challenge on normal. Also Scrap will come your way later on, I have like 200 scrap
>>
>>127423884
MHM WHERE HAVE I SEEN THAT BEFORE

http://grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24703

fag
>>
>>127424272
So when you use a skill that the keystone is bound to, there is a chance that when it hits your keystone will cast.
>>
>>127424394
what's a keystone?
im on my first char atm maybe i just havn't gotten to it
>>
>>127424302
I need scrap for the fucking goddamn 5 scrap quest and I have been searching for at least 30 minutes and have only gotten 3.

Can I change difficulty mid game? I see expert and higher difficulty is locked. Is it in game? Where you must beat normal to unlock higher difficulties like Diablo or just not in game?
>>
Conjurfag here. Did the SoT shrine, was really cool at first. Was amused by the amount of shit that came out. Near the end I thought there a was a trick to the constant spawning of the giants or so. But nope, it's just wave after wave for a while.
>>
>>127424549
Oh and the shrine dropped Ancestor BP. About fucking time I get a pet BP. I swear.
/blog
>>
>>127424481
Alot of Constellations have a Keystone, where you can bind them to spells you already have. For example, I have the Elemental Storm keystone from the Rhowan's Crown Constellation, and have it bound to my Hellhound. So, theres a chance when my hellhound attacks it will cast Elemental Storm on the enemies.
>>
Do you get a free SoT run in each difficulty when you first complete the quest to kill the boss that guards the door? In normal and now in Elite neither time I've had a Skeleton Key and it opens for me first try.
>>
>>127424198
I have a druid with build like this http://grimcalc.com/build/a7KgFu

Fun to play and it's powerful with yellow items
>>
>>127424839
When you kill the boss infront of the door, the quest fromt he Ghost dude gives you a key for a reward as well as the BP.
>>
>>127424839
>>127424923
Well shit.

First time in normal I didn't know it required a key, so I went in the first room and was all "nah I'll do this later" and just now the door closed as soon as I went to town.

I'm not a clever man.
>>
>>127423884
Its a super strong PET ONLY build yes, but I wanted to be hitting up on the front lines with my pets, and somehow make it viable at the same time.

Dont think its doable, spread too thin, I have to either focus on super strong pets and hope they die quickly, or talents that build on defense. I'm level 50 now, my first playthrough, think I'll roll into something that is more focused on one goal instead of several next run.
>>
>>127424893
Where's the damage coming from? Normal auto attacks or the tornado things?
>>
>>127425067
You gotta be focused on one thing, especially in Ultiamte or it'll kick your ass
>>
>>127425072
Tornado left click, lightning totem keyboard and right click is empowered spell that Amber gives. You can craft Amber with blacksmith. Link Tsunami and that lightning devotion to both spells the way you like it
>>
>>127424198
Your problem is the 1 point in Wendigo totem. You should invest more in it. It's pretty much the only real survi a Shaman has.
>>
>>127425379
I got some ideas to mess around with my talent tree, how important is armor though? Im thinking about talents and such that gives like, +8 armor etc
>>
File: sky.jpg (360KB, 1392x1262px) Image search: [Google]
sky.jpg
360KB, 1392x1262px
>>127424198
Starting out with lightning druid is rough unless you get lucky with drops (Stormcaller's effigy, Stormcaller's gem and in your current setup Falcon's claw).

Assuming you are going the full caster route (speccing out of primal strike etc), your build will look like pic related @60 550% lightning.

Make sure you pick Kymon's chosen and get Chosen Skysplitter from them at 35.

Key devotions are: Tsunami, Hawk, Elemental storm, Empty Throne, Viper, Tempest (obviously asap).
>>
>>127425462
Armor is very important, actually, since it mitigates damage instead of giving you a chance to dodge attacks like in Diablo 2. The difference between lots of Armor and low amount of Armor is really like night and day.
>>
File: Soiled Trow.jpg (62KB, 344x442px) Image search: [Google]
Soiled Trow.jpg
62KB, 344x442px
THEY EXIST
>>
>>127425984
http://grimcalc.com/build/gJ9ACy
this is the build im going for so far but I just noticed that destruction gives sigil of consumption more damage so that sigil of consumption would also heal me for more and since it does chaos damage it would get boosted by solael's witchfire and curse of frailty just like all my other dmg, but I have no points for it im wondering if I should take points from some other skill else to max destruction, what do you guys think?
>>
>>127425984
What a load of shit.
>>
File: 1358382051816.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1358382051816.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
>>127426239
>>
>>127426195
woops didn't mean to link your picture though those are some sexy pants
>>
I'm considering buying the game, I was hoping to make a paladin type dude with high survivability etc. Would something like this work at all?
http://grimcalc.com/build/LGF0Sa
Keep in mind I have no idea what I'm doing, I was going for high health regen and elemental damage
>>
>>127427970
>I have no idea what I'm doing
I can see that.

If you want to build a tanky dude battlemage or commando are both great.

As for the build take a look on the grim dawn forums to get the general idea, because right now you are missing some crucial skills and wasting points in placing you shouldn't. e.g. in arcanist you are missing Maiven's sphere which is absolutely mandatory to have, one l
point in arcane will and nullification. In soldier: field command, squad tactics, warcry (1), blitz (1), oleron's rage are all things you should be looking at.
>>
>>127428565
Not him, but do people actually try to max out field command? I thought it was only a 1 pointer to get to squad tactics which only seems good when maxed out for the +50% total damage. The amount of OA and DA seem minimal and there's better ways to get more armor via gear (and maybe devotion?) without the heavy point investment. The shield skills alone should make you tanky enough.
>>
If i want to make a battlemage, what would be the best build? any suggestions?
>>
>>127428864
Yes I meant to say to put one point in squad tactics as well.
>>
>>127426195
guys pls
>>
Do weapon enchantments from different classes stack? Like, could i combine Solael's Witchfire with Flame Touched?
>>
>>127429195
Why not.
>>
>>127426195
http://grimcalc.com/build/U7GmZN

Here you go. You don't need to invest so much into the tanky skills. It really isn't needed. You get a lot of +Skills from gear, too. +Physical% is useless, no, horrible if you want to do Elemental damage.
>>
>>127428962
I meant should tanks go for 12/12 field command when they already should be using maxed out shield skills?

Also, having 1 point in squad tactics does jack shit imo, +5% dmg and 1% movement speed is not worth the point unless you're maxing it out.
>>
>>127429267
>http://grimcalc.com/build/U7GmZN

Oops. forgot to remove forcewave.
>>
>>127429289
Fuck, I am retarded. I meant one point in field command and maxing squad tactics.
>>
>>127429267
http://grimcalc.com/build/iqYS3d

Here is the build without Forcewave and with Squid Tactics.
>>
>>127429267
I think you got the wrong guy there, you responded to the occultist/shaman guy wondering if he should max destruction to increase sigil of consumption damage+lifesteal in lieu of I guess taking 5 points off of raven's heal, seems the most expendable skill but I'm sure the guy will read your post and figure it out :)
>>
>>127429591
Yeah, I got the wrong guy. Why do I always do this to myself.
>>
>level 70
>still using a level 50 weapon

This is suffering.
>>
>>127430006
Had the same problem until I started playing multiple characters as you can then just send over gear.
>>
>>127430154
Yeah, but I can't wait for the game to get balanced in a way that doing a full playthrough with your first character isn't a horrible test on your patience unless you are touched by RNGesus. My armor is mostly Legendary so I can't die, but my DPS is shit and so it takes a long time to kill boss monsters.
>>
Is it possible to reach respectable survivability from gear alone, as in without skills/devotions?

I don't necessarily want to be able to facetank everything, but i don't want to be a complete glasscannon either.
>>
>>127430446
You have to get some devotions for resistances. For melee purposes, sure, it's possible.
>>
I just bought grimdawn. Can I go completely glasscannon as Demolitionist?
>>
>>127430726
Depends on the difficulty.
Normal - Yes
Veteran - Highly Doable if you're not retarded
Elite - Those negative resistances and no defensives will make you their bitch.
Ultimate - Good luck.

Hardcore - Do you like restarting?
>>
>>127430684
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>127430726
yes
grenado single target, canister bomb area of effect + CC, you'll probably want to go occultist (pyromancer) strengthen your spells more with curse of frailty+storm spirit+hellfire, get flame-touched, vindicative flame+ulzuin's wrath, ulzuin's chosen maybe then for survival you can probably get flashbang/stun jacks/curse of frailty/
just 1 point familiar and hellhound, set them to defensive and top off their storm spirit+hellfire aura buffs that make your spells stronger and that's really that
>>
Which Arcanist class combo lets me be a pure caster?
>>
>>127431329
Occultist for the best debuff in the game.
>>
>>127431329
Demolitionist or Occultist. Demolitionist is basically a Fireball Wizard and Occultist has the best debuffs as >>127431587 stated. You'll probably have more survi if you fo Occultist.
>>
>>127431329
occultist for one of the best crowd controls+elemental resist debuff, familiar for elemental damage bonus + stun + heal

how do arcanist and demolitionist work together? what can sorcerers do?
>>
>>127432126
Canister Bombs and Grenados.
>>
>>127432126
>Occultist for one of the best CC
:^)
>>
Been brainstorming a 2h Elementalist build but ran into several issues.

Am I stretching out my damage type/stat focuses too thin with 3? Physical, Fire, and Lightning.

And given that I'm focusing on these 3, should I take fire strike over savagery as a default attack since I won't have any bleed damage?

How far should I go into demo if I'm going full Shaman for Stormcaller's Pact? 25?

Most importantly, what end game gear set should I be aiming to use? Which legendary set fits an Elementalist best? I feel like my stats will be all over the place, with different relics and gear with +demo or +shaman skills to choose from.

Here's roughly what I'm going for.
http://grimcalc.com/build/a91cLo
>>
>>127432126
Sorcerer is more like demo with some utility. For arcanist it gives almost nothing.
>>
>>127433241
Well, he turns everyone into snails with no cooldown.
>>
>>127433245
Don't focus on physical if you want to do multiple types of magical damage. When you have those X Physical% Converted into Elemental you lose out on DPS if you have gear, stats or devotions that +Physical%, because they don't get factored in the calculations anymore.
>>
>>127433245
>-27 skill points remaining

whew, lad. Don't you think you're going a bit overboard there?
>>
Recommend me a class to go with Demo
>>
>>127433774
Melee, ranged or caster?
>>
>>127433816

Ranged
>>
>>127433245
1 point in canister but no concussive bomb?
>>
>>127433849
Occultist
>>
>>127433849
Soldier is probably the easiest, but Arcanist or Occultist work as well.
>>
>getting told that you need all your points in physique to last in ultimate

Welp time to reroll then
>>
>>127433849
Occultist for his debuff, arcanist for pistol wizard or soldier for damage and tankyness.
>>
>>127433612
So just focus on Lightning and Fire damage? How will I do against elites and bosses with insane resists?

>>127433706
I did say that it was "roughly" was I was going for. There's a ton of +skill and +all skills gear to take into account.
>>127433878
Is it worth it? I tend to rely on flashbang spam for more consistent CC since there's no CD. Was thinking about taking it for more of a ranged AoE utility since it's a melee build.
>>
>>127434112
pistol wizard?
>>
>>127434307
Pistol wizard.
>>
>>127434163
there's nothing that's resistant to both. You wont run in the same problem as in Diablo 2.
>>
File: 20081015.gif (25KB, 600x263px) Image search: [Google]
20081015.gif
25KB, 600x263px
>>127434307
>>
>>127434307
Elemental exchange turns your physical damage into elemental so you can use your fire damage bonuses.

Someone should post that webm.
>>
File: 1435477218650.png (424KB, 519x903px) Image search: [Google]
1435477218650.png
424KB, 519x903px
>>127434464
They have someone who worked on D1 & D2 join the development team so I wouldn't put it past them to add that in future difficulty tweaks if what you said was in fact true.
>>
>>127435316
Enemies don't have multiple affixes so it's doubtful. It would also upset the fragile balance of the game.
>>
About to play for the first time.

What do you guys think is the best class combination to use for a poison damage-based build, was thinking something like this

http://grimcalc.com/build/PZFtXg

but I imagine that I would end up being incredibly squishy. But as far as I know, those are the only two classes that can deal and improve poison damage
>>
my build
http://grimcalc.com/build/g4rTRW
+500% poison damage from gear/devotion
shit's pretty fun, but survivability is becoming a problem.
Can't decide on what other class i should take.
Shaman or soldier ? Shaman's aura seem to give more defensive bonuses than soldier's passives for roughly same amount of points. But if i go for veterancy and put all my remaining points in physique i might have enough stats to equip heavy armor.

Thoughts ?
>>
>>127438338
Arcanist for mirror and maiven's sphere. Dump some points into inner focus for more OA and you should be golden.

As for resists, augments, components, and devotions should help with what you're weak against.
>>
ded thred
>>
>>127437843
http://grimcalc.com/build/ZBd3o1
Not sure how good this actually is since I never played a poison build but this is the build I will go for soon. Got some lifesteal through sigil of consumption, a heal with blood of dreeg and mend flesh and blade barrier as a panic button. Dont know how good mend flesh acutally is tho. Maybe drop the raven and mend flesh for possession. Use Dreegs Evil Eye with the transmute, to get better AoE, then hit shit with just leftclick to proc the nightblade passives. Maybe get mutagenic ichor and Mark of the dreeg for those nice poison skills.
>>
>>127439304
How's it dead? It's good. All of the fast generals are fucking total trash. /gdg/ is a good balance of speed and non-shit.
>>
>>127439371
>>127437843
I'm retarded and totally forgot about Shadow Strike and Nidalla's Justifiable Ends which is essential if you go for that build.
http://grimcalc.com/build/QVCGt7
Also if you want more survivability go pick up pneumatic burst or phantasmal blades with the transmute.
>>
>>127390370

What faction vendor?
>>
>>127438693
Mirror is amazing, yes.
Sphere seems like a waste without the hitpoints to back it up, i'd just get one-shotted through it.
>>
>>127438338
never did a poison build. I would have went for a Dreeg's Evil Eye caster build, but you already picked Nightblade so here is a build:

http://grimcalc.com/build/PZFtXg

blood of dreeg, pneumatic burst and sigil of consumption for healing, blade barrier is your panic button. You really want shadow strike with nidalla's justifiable ends, it is the strongest dot in the game. anatomy of a murder is great for the cunning bonus, because you always want more offensive ability.
>>
Guys when I run the trainer it says executable not working.

What do I do? I just want to refund mastery points
>>
Goddamn, Shamblers are some bullshit in Ult.
>>
>>127437843
>>127440293

it appears that on top of being tired, I am also mentally challenged, so here is the build:

http://grimcalc.com/build/URGvFo
>>
Levels 2-50 = 3 points per level up. Levels 51-85 = 2 points per level up. Is this right?
>>
>>127441116
Yes.
>>
>>127441153
So players at max level get 215 skill points? I think Grimcalc is horribly inaccurate.
>>
>>127441269
49*3 = 147
39*2 = 70
There's a quest early on that gives you 1 point which can be done once per difficulty = 3

147 + 70 + 3 = 220, which is exactly what Grimcalc gives you.
>>
>>127441519
>39*2 = 70
Derp, that should be 35 of course, not 39.
>>
>>127441519
>>127441624
I'm certain Grimcalc is fucked. I've replicated my level 68's tree on there and it shows it as being 76 (or 77, don't 100% recall)

And now I've made a Warlock build that uses 206 points and Grimcalc hit the "level 85" way before I've allocated the 206 points.
>>
>>127441764
Yeah the level indication goes up too fast, but the number of points you get is correct, so just go by that.
>>
File: Omedetou.jpg (37KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Omedetou.jpg
37KB, 400x300px
>>127441853
That's what I wanted to get at. One of the best small talks I've had on 4chins recently. Cheers, anon.
>>
File: anime.gif (2MB, 410x230px) Image search: [Google]
anime.gif
2MB, 410x230px
>>127441942
You're welcome.
>>
File: bees.gif (955KB, 500x204px) Image search: [Google]
bees.gif
955KB, 500x204px
>mfw Twin Falls
>>
>>127440209
30% damage absorption is a lot more than you might think, it's nothing to scoff at. The only other abilities that offer the same thing are the Soldier and Shaman toggles at the very end of the mastery (50 points). Maxed out, both only offer 15% Absorption, half of what Maiven's Sphere gives for much much more of a skill point investment.

Sphere, Mirror, and Inner Focus are the reason Arcanist is always a good hybrid class to pick when in doubt.
>>
What's the best farming spot for items?
>>
>>127441942
Samefag here. Grimcalc hits level 85 @ 192 points.
>28 point difference
>>
>>127433953

Since Ultimate is apparently super hard, is soldier the best then, so I dont die?
>>
>>127442449

Continue putting points until it says "points left 0"

>>127442418
Royal Hive, East Marsh. Steps of Torment, Bastion of Chaos, Cronley's Hideout,
Arkovien Undercity, Conflagration, Shaded Basin to Tyrant's Hold.
>>
>>127442741
Soldier is best, followed by Arcanist.
>>
File: st6.jpg (605KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
st6.jpg
605KB, 1920x1080px
lolz. What a fucking shield. Got shit fucking loot drops whole day and not a single lego but the wait was worth it.
>>
Mental Alacrity increases the energy cost per second of AAR. kek
>>
>>127443230
i like to create a battlemage any tips for skilling?
>>
>>127443531
Isn't that just because it makes it "tick" faster?
>>
Do I lose all my reputations if I start a new difficulty?
>>
>>127444626
Nope.
>>
>>127444321
Yeah, I understand how/why it works. Just a bit of a shame it increases an extremely hungry skill. Speaking of which, I'm respeccing a bit and getting back to my Warlock (AAR) what the fuck do these builds do for Devotion? Builds that focus on one skill.

>>127444626
Nope. Rep' is character based, not global/account nor is it difficulty based.
>>
what are the most op builds atm??
>>
>>127443230

Where do you guys get the 5th extra item bag?
>>
>>127445471
Keep playing the game, fag.
>>
>>127445471
Side quests in Elite. Don't remember exactly where the first one is, but there's a bunch of them giving inventory bags. You'll still never get higher than 5, though.
>>
File: sasa2.png (429KB, 638x476px) Image search: [Google]
sasa2.png
429KB, 638x476px
>>127445471
alternatively you can turn on cloudsaving in the options to reset your current quest progress and do the first couple of quests for a 5th bag ez.
>>
can I make a firestrike build and just 12/12 everything? what would that look like and what constellations go good with firestrike+2hand ranged weapons?
what are good survival choices to accompany thing?
>>
File: 1586974586.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1586974586.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
>>127445976
B-but anon, that's cheating!
>>
Legendary drop rate will be inscreased in elite/ultimate
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1MB, 1950x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
1MB, 1950x1300px
R8 my build so far.

Any suggestions on how to progress? I've got a fairly decent plan, but I'd like to hear some other people's opinions.
>>
>>127447334
Source?
>>
damn there is a rowboat in the first area that transportes one to a small island do you guys alrdy known that?
>>
How good is possession for blad arc witchblade ? Seem cool but expensive and situationnal.
>>
>>127447041
better put...
what's the best fire strike build?
>>
>>127447685
It's great, but the problem is that it comes too late in the tree.

As a Witchblade you have a couple of breakpoints in how much you'll want to spend in the Occultist Mastery.
>15 for Consecrated Blade and Blood of Dreeg
>25 for Destruction and Second Rite
>32 for Armor of the Guardian
So spending anywhere between 18 and 35 points just to get to Possession, not to mention the points you'll spend on Possession itself, is almost always going to be more costly than it's worth, especially since the Soldier itself has stuff worth spending your points on at every level all the way up to 50.
>>
>>127447391

I would personally get Savagery to build up Primal Strike (+transmuter for Phys res) but that's just me. Eventually when you get enough Energy Leech from items or Devotion I would build up Overload instead of IEE if you plan on using Wind Devil some more
>>
File: here forever.gif (280KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
here forever.gif
280KB, 400x388px
>grinding recipes for relics that are ingredients for better relics
>>
>>127448982
I'm using Primal Strike as my left click attack though. The transmuter removes the cooldown. Not sure I'll have enough points for both Primal Strike and Savagery anyway.

I'm not sure if I want to keep Wind Devil. It's really cool so far, but I don't l don't know how relevant it stays at higher levels. Maybe I'll end up speccing out of it later. Overload instead of IEE sounds good, though you're right that I'll need some more energy leech first since I currently have a habit of running out of energy during long fights. Nothing an energy potion won't fix, but I don't like relying on potions.
>>
>>127449641
How can you even farm relic recipe? I need a component recipe (Mark of Mogdrogen) and recipes are so inconsistent. Sometimes I'll get 5 recipes in 10 minutes, sometimes 0 in an hour. Mostly dupes too of course.
>>
i like to create a battlemage but what does this class use to heal? only pots or isn't it needed to heal :^)?
>>
Given how hidden the interactive objects are in this game. How do I not miss a shrine?
>>
>>127450386
it's possible that the shrine is in some secret area like thatone in a cave behind a wall in some insect sub hive areal
>>
>>127450386
Shrines show up on your map when you're close by, so they're hard to miss. Just try to fully uncover every map you visit, explore every cave, break every wall, etc.

If you want to be double-sure just use a guide, but IMO that removes all the fun from exploring the game.
>>
>>127450656
True but my OCD is making me want to check guides to make sure i am not fucking up my demo build which thankfully I haven't do so yet I think.
>>
Does skill like sigil proc on attack effects (devotion)?
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-05+at+03.23.35).jpg (73KB, 853x533px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-05+at+03.23.35).jpg
73KB, 853x533px
Anything down here? I remember checking in normal long ago and didn't see shit. Nothing. But this was a while ago, before some updates and shit. Is there ever anything there?
>>
>>127451164
Nope, nothing. Only death.
>>
>>127449731

Savagery modifies your Primal Strike (and any other skill that has weapon, lightning and bleeding damage). Though if you don't have the patience to build up charges that's fine. Wind Devil gets better if you plan on getting Stormcaller's Pact later on since it scales with you, especially when you get better gear
>>
Pet relic power ranking? Bysmiel's Domination > Ancestor > Savage = Primal Instinct Is my guessing looking at them.
>>
>>127451901
It's less a matter of patience and more a matter of points. I suppose I could take the points out of Wind Devil and put them into Savagery, but for now I like Wind Devil. And while charging up Primal Strike with Savagery will definitely increase the Primal Strike damage, I'm not sure if the net result of alternating between the two is really worth it compare to just spamming Primal Strike and saving some points, especially considering that Savagery doesn't have a built-in AoE. In most fights, the time it takes to charge up Savagery is enough time for Primal Strike to kill everyone involved. I could imagine it's more efficient against bosses though.

I'll keep it in mind as something to try out.
>>
Where dem Warder builds at
>>
>>127452815
Make your own you
>>
>>127452815
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17
>>
>>127452860
But I have so far and I've no idea if my spec for now is any good or if I've wasted points.
>tfw no builds up yet on the Compendium

>>127453027
If there was already one available I wouldn't be asking.
>>
>>127453097
Check the board, not just the compendium, you fucking clown.

Not only are you apparently too brain-dead to think for yourself and have to rely on others to do the thinking for you, you're even too lazy to fucking click "next page" once or twice to find what you're looking for.

At least make a fucking effort once in your life.
>>
>>127453097
Post your build here then. Jesus.
>>
>these roads covered with aether

F
U
C
K

O
F
F
>>
What class and skill to use with my Phantasmal blade focused throwing build?

I'm using the focused throw to get a nice extra shotgun effect every 3 seconds but I can't decide on what else to get. Would be nice to have a something instead of the basic attack like Savagery but I really don't see the fun with Shaman....
>>
>>127453953
Toxic water is far worse desu sempai. At least you can clearly see the aether corruption.
>>
>>127453985
I've been going Nightblade/Arcanist, but without focused throw, just using PB as my basic attack.
Gotten to Ultimate Act 2 with 0 deaths so far, starting to struggle now because not good enough gear, though.
>The Demonslayer legendary set has fucking 0 defensive values
Why, Crate?
>>
>>127453985
>>127454147

What melee stuff does Arcanist have? Or is it just for manaregen?
>>
Is there any reason at all to not multi-class? I can't think of a single reason.
>>
>>127454312
Inner Focus for Spirit (I focus on Vitality damage, so any bonus Spirit is nice) and tons of OA, Maiven's for defensiveness, Mirror of Erections for another panic button, Mental Alacrity for more casting speed.
Also some energy regen from IEE if needed.
>>
>>127454523
No.

Up to a point it's quite viable to only use one class, but multiclassing always makes you stronger in the long run since it opens up more options, even if you're just grabbing some nice passives. The game is entirely designed around combining two classes, so only using one is pointlessly restrictive.
>>
Alright trying to make a Witchhunter melee build around poison damage.

Anyone have any pointers?
>>
How many times have you died, Anon?
It's the character I've been playing during most of the EA.
>>
File: Krieg.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Krieg.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>127455972
Nidalla's Justifiable Ends for single target damage.
It absolutely blows bosses out of the water.

Get a Mark of Dreeg when you can, the AoE is very helpful and combined with Shadow Strike you can teleport in and shotgun bosses with it.
>>
>>127455972
Alright really haven no idea where I'm going with this, but heres what I have so far.

http://grimcalc.com/build/xlXwmJ

I see most people usually go Eye of Dreeg, but I didn't really want to make another caster. Already running generic pistol wizard.
>>
>>127455972
Something like this I guess?
http://grimcalc.com/build/iDFkyL

Probably not optimal because I literally just whipped it up.
>>
File: ebin.jpg (136KB, 378x571px) Image search: [Google]
ebin.jpg
136KB, 378x571px
might be pretty neat weapon for arcanist / warrior
>>
In Diablo 2 I played an assassin with a trap specialty
In Torchlight I played a Vanquisher and pretty much only ever used ricochet shot since everything else was useless and the game was easy.

Just picked up Grim Dawn and I'm looking at character classes and right now Demolitionist seems like a natural fit for me, but when I hit level 10, what would be a decent sub class to pick up to help mix things up and maybe force me to experiment and play a little differently than I Normally do when I'm crawling?
>>
File: 2016-01-04_21-44-05.png (362KB, 493x468px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-04_21-44-05.png
362KB, 493x468px
What the fuck is this black area in the middle? Wiki claims that act 2 has no secret areas.
>>
>>127457353
Arcanist or Soldier, depending on whether you want to focus more on magic or on weapons.

That is, by the way, the answer to all these type of questions. If you have no idea what secondary you want, just go for Arcanist or Soldier. They're by far the most straght-forward can't-go-wrong classes, especially for secondary classes.
>>
File: 1340396604593.jpg (185KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1340396604593.jpg
185KB, 1280x960px
currently playing a 42 totems+wind devil shaman/occultist. i melt things almost instantly, but every once in a while something hits me and i drop from 100% to 0%.

what's the best way to boost my survivability? i have no idea what it is that kills me so i can't really target my resistances. should i dump points into physique, or just find some physique/+HP gear? it seems like there are 0 shaman/occ skils that actually boost damage mitigation
>>
>>127457984
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try
>>
>>127458042
Heart of the Wild increases your max hp by 30% at 10/10.
>>
>>127458042
Possession and Primal Bond both give damage absorbtion, which is arguably the best type of defense in the game.
>>
>>127458829
stormcaller's pact is pretty crucial for my damage and it's exclusive so i can't get primal bond, and possession is pretty great but i'll have to go a lot further into the tree. i guess >>127458370 is my only skill related option right now

are there certain elements that are way more deadly/more common than others? it seems like aether fucks me up usually
>>
What gives higher DPS and Higher Per hit Damage, 2H or Dual wield?
>>
is soldier / occultist worth playing all the things i find on the net are out of date
or would be any other class in combi with soldier betteR?
>>
>>127459478
>Higher DPS
Dual-wield
>Higher per-hit
2H, but certain dual-wield procs can probably beat 2H per-hit damage
>>
>>127459478
>DPS and Higher Per hit Damage
2H low strong hits dw faster smaller hits
>>
File: 1388346440878.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1388346440878.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
This game is shit and boring as watching paint dry, only good part is reading the dev's assblasted responses to all the people saying they refunded the game, one of them was even crying about how the new refund process hurts "indie" aka trash games like this.
Back to alt f4ing in PoE
>>
>>127459992
Fuck off kripp
>>
>>127459992
>I'm too stupid to make builds so I made a 1 button build and now I hate the game because my build was boring
>>
>>127459992
the face of true autism
>>
>>127459546
>is soldier / occultist worth playing
Yes.
>or would be any other class in combi with soldier betteR?
Yes.
>>
>>127459992
>dev's assblasted responses to all the people saying they refunded the game, one of them was even crying about how the new refund process hurts "indie" aka trash games like this

Link?
>>
>Shrines start requiring Relics in Ultimate
Jesus fucking christ, glad I soon have 50 points.
>>
File: jojo.jpg (913KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jojo.jpg
913KB, 1920x1080px
>>127459992
Oh hey you're the guy that shitposted on the forum and the dev blew you the fuck out.
>>
>>127461194
>blew you the fuck out

Haha no.
>>
File: baby mode.jpg (50KB, 258x293px) Image search: [Google]
baby mode.jpg
50KB, 258x293px
>>127461269
Sounds like you came over here to try to save face before someone saw your posts.
>>
>>127461269
>its actually him

top kek
>>
Remember when Elite could kill you?
>>
guys, guys, be nice on the shitposter will ya? he's had a rough life.

his father raped him everynight for the first 20 years of his life.

he now lives in a basement where he has to blow an old man everyday for rent, and GD's devs tared him gaping anus when he got blasted by them in the forums.

PoE is all he has left. he needs to alt+f4 to play PoE, this should explain how miserable and useless he is in life.

so leave him be, pls no bully
>>
>>127461680
>fighting trash mobs
>still lose most of your health
Impressive.
>>
>>127456126
What's your build bro? Curious about making a dual wield shooter.
>>
Fug, I hate Black Legion rep farming. Why don't they get any other sources of reputation except doing the bounties and optionally killing one (1) witch? Also every quest you do for that witch lowers their fucking reputation too.
>>
>>127462243
why the hell do they sell lvl 35 gear?
>>
can you lower enemy resistances below 0% to do increased damage?
>>
>>127456242
>>127456482

Wasn't sure if I should go with the Eye of Dreeg or whatever. I wanted to stay as full melee as possible.

So I'm shooting for this as of now. Might add Eye of Dreeg with the Focused Gaze if it's worth it. Does anyone know?

http://grimcalc.com/build/b7YnVM
>>
>>127463146
Yes. Just like enemies do increased damage to you if you have negative resists.
>>
>>127463219
Eye of Dreeg is nice, but I don't see the point in going for it if you want to "stay as full melee as possible".
>>
>>127463549
Hmm alright then, is Execution ALWAYS worth going for?

I saw it was pretty common in most melee focused Nightblade builds.
>>
File: mask of delirium.jpg (28KB, 278x361px) Image search: [Google]
mask of delirium.jpg
28KB, 278x361px
NEAT

I want to make a damage reflect/CC build for shits and giggles now
>>
>>127463813
Execution is usually worth it for a melee build, assuming you have enough points for it. Just keep in mind that Health Reduction doesn't work on bosses and such.
>>
FUCKING

GIVE ME THE IMBUED SILVER BLUEPRINT

Where is the best place to farm for this cunt
>>
>>127462108
Fire Strike
Iskandra Elemental Exchange
Maiven's Sphere
Mirror of Erectote
These 4 skills are the cornerstone of my build, everything else is up to you.
>>
File: hDaM9Hw.gif (2MB, 475x277px) Image search: [Google]
hDaM9Hw.gif
2MB, 475x277px
is there a "pick up nearest loot" command that can be bound to a hotkey? i hate the way loot names shift around a little as they settle on the ground, making them annoying to quickly grab and move on

also how much modding potential does the game have? if the devs never add fucking health bars for enemies, i want to know if it's possible for modders to do
>>
Why are there so many "+1 all Soldier skills" items and so few all demo ones.
>>
>>127464253
http://grimcalc.com/build/Jj3NzC

Whew, this is turning out to be pretty unoptimized. I like the poison debuffs, but not nearly enough points to go around in them and get Execution.

This still worth it?
>>
>do the entire steps of torment
>the only blue that drops the entire time is from the transcendent chest at the end
that was really underwhelming. not worth the cost of the mats at all
>>
what heppens when i never meet ulgrim and never tell him about the prison?
>>
>>127465486
Looks pretty decent to me.
>>
Why does no arcanist really build around replicating missile? It seems to be good damage with aoe potential.
>>
>>127466496
You need a lot of points to make it worth
>>
>all these skeletons immune to bleed damage

reee
>>
File: 1450649904989.jpg (25KB, 411x387px) Image search: [Google]
1450649904989.jpg
25KB, 411x387px
>see long-winded path on map that leads to where i want to go
>reach the end of it
>there's a pile of shit in the way, making it a pointless dead end
>the minimap suddenly updates and shows the pile of shit blocking the way too
why would the devs design it like this
>>
>there's an empowered version of these
>>
>>127468071
Well, as I understand they didn't want the maps to be procedurally generated, but still wanted to add some variety to the maps between the play sessions. So those piles of debris is the only thing that's randomised.
>>
where's the dude that sells dynamite? i remember doing the quest that makes him available but dunno where he goes
>>
>>127469159
homestead he got a small bag symbol over his head
>>
So is sacred strike melee only?

It isn't doing any bonus damage on my dual wield pistol build.
>>
>>127469876
No, wait, I'm lying, it does, it's just shit damage compared to fire strike. But it does lower elemental resistances in what it hits...

Silvercore Bolts or Blessed Steel, chaps?
>>
File: screenshot17.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot17.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>Cronley on Ultimate

Holy shit, that was actually fun as fuck
>>
oh shit
>>
>>127456126
41 on my main Blademaster, 2 times on my Conjurer, and 12 on my Sorcerer.
about 35 of these deaths are to Fabius

>>127462243
Just do the quick and easy ones, like killing Harrath, Ravener, Herald of Flame. They all give 400(600 with writ).
Try and get the Ilgorr one as well, gives 1000-1500. You can do about 5-6k rep an hour just doing these easy.

>>127471368
I can't reach him on Ultimate cause that fucker Fabius always spawn in the middle and cock blocks my progression.
>>
>>127471912
>I can't reach him on Ultimate cause that fucker Fabius always spawn in the middle and cock blocks my progression.
This just makes me so damn happy I created new characters when B29 hit, Fabius would've fucking destroyed me, I think.
>>
File: TOP KEK.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
TOP KEK.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>127468081
time to make a Poopman character anon

poop only

plz record video of you killing cthulu with poop
>>
>>127460287
nah bro, i tend to agree with him. Way to constricted skill and build system. Low number of class and class combination and a low number of viable and interesting skills.

I mean if you took each character classes skill tree and actually removed all the fluff fucking % increase to blah blah, and %chance to proc bullshit, each class maybe has 3 skills

Its fucking pathetic. I got bored after beating the first difficulty. There were no more active skills for my build to use so it revolved around a boring skill rotation of 3 things.

Half the classes have no movement or CC ability, none of the caster classes have any survivability, they seem to have combined defense and warfare into one class. The preponderance of long cooldowns also slows the pace of combat and further limits what you can use as a build defining skill.
>>
if i used the transmuter to convert my storm totems to 100% vitality damage, would that also normalize the values? i hate how lightning abilities do anywhere between 10 and 10,000 damage with each attack
>>
>>127471868
That whore is the best legendary farm in the game. Easy to kill and easy to find.

>>127472047
I managed to get to everything revered with a bunch of characters back in build 28.
Boy, do I sure regret it now.

>manage to kill ultimate fabius
>chest drops 2 greens and a duped blueprint

>>127472572
>agreeing with yourself
>>
>>127472645
The small damage values are dots called Electrocute. They're a biproduct of most electrical abilities.
>>
File: woiejaosijfa.jpg (167KB, 1893x340px) Image search: [Google]
woiejaosijfa.jpg
167KB, 1893x340px
>>127472786
>There couldn't possibly be anyone who dislikes my favorite game or dev!
>It must be shitposting!

Nope, game is objectively shittier than its' predecessor in every way. Less varied environmental, like less than half the acts as well as content. Less classes, less skills, cooldowns and stupid ass procs out the wazoo that are just boring to use. You'll get bored in a few more hours and come to the same conclusion
>>
>>127473128
nah i'm referring to the actual damage range on the ability. my storm totem does "375 - 1392 lightning damage". i'd be much happier if it had an 800-850 damage range
>>
File: Time played.jpg (12KB, 250x108px) Image search: [Google]
Time played.jpg
12KB, 250x108px
>>127473359
>You'll get bored in a few more hours and come to the same conclusion
Sure, bro.
>>
Is Diablo 3 any good?
>>
I know cadence only deals its increased damage every third strike (which is why I actually dislike it), but can devotion abilities proc with every attack?

Please don't tell me I just have a 15% chance every third hit that actually hits.
>>
>>127473557
It's a fun game especially when playing together with a friend, but mechanically it doesn't hold up to "proper" ARPGs like GD or PoE.
>>
>>127473557
I don't know, go into one of their active generals and ask :^)
>>
>>127473557
I saw someone give a pretty neat description of D3 the other day: It's like a Michael Bay movie. It's flashy, fast-paced, lots of explosions, but it gets really boring after a little while.
It's pretty fun though, especially if you play with a friend or 3.
>>
>>127473359
i'm enjoying GD way more than TQ. in TQ i got 80% of the way through the first difficulty and then had to force myself to at least finish it once just for the sake of finishing it. in GD i've got 6 characters and my main is on his second playthrough and still modifying and enhancing his build a lot

if you don't like it, find something else to play. you don't need to shitpost in our general and try to make us stop having fun
>>
>>127473557

Weapon DPS simulator
>>
SOULVIZIER WHEN
>>
>>127473876
When the mod tools are released.
>>
>>127473549
Ah, I ddn't realize you were using a hyperbole. 10 -10k is a realistic damage amount when you're a higher level lightning druid

>>127473574
Yes. %chance on attack will affect cadence on every attack, not just the third.
>>
>>127473550
Holy fuck, the term gets tossed around a lot, but anon, I think you may actually be an autist.

You literally played the fucking beta build with one or two acts in it for an inordinate amount of time, when there was almost no content. I mean the first two acts MAYBE, I MEAN MAYBE could have take up 10 hours to do everything.
>>
>>127473868
>you don't need to shitpost in our general and try to make us stop having fun

Kill yourself.
>>
>>127473557
Better than this trash.
>>
>>127473971
Oh thank fuck. Thanks man.
>>
>>127473868
This is not reddit. This is not your hugbox. I had high hopes for this game, seeing as ARPGs are a dying genre. The execution has just failed miserably
>>
File: GD.jpg (781KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GD.jpg
781KB, 1920x1080px
How /fa/ is your character /gdg/?
>>
>>127473557
Depends on what you are looking for in an ARPG. It's main downside for me is the fact that lategame builds are pretty much predetermined - each endgame legendary set buffs certain skill or couple of skills to an absurd level and that pretty much determines your build.
Other than that it's ok for a couple of playthroughs, the campaign is pretty short and easy.
>>
File: Z8BHwCY.png (9KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
Z8BHwCY.png
9KB, 401x367px
>>127474006
is something the matter, anon?
>>
>>127474206
>hiding the name of a singleplayer character

for what purpose
>>
File: cha.jpg (42KB, 230x446px) Image search: [Google]
cha.jpg
42KB, 230x446px
Not at all
>>
File: 275.jpg (36KB, 497x571px) Image search: [Google]
275.jpg
36KB, 497x571px
>>127474206
>hiding your character's name

Watch out, Anonymous is going to backtrace your IP through your charactername!
>>
>>127474179
and crying in a /vg/ thread solves your problems how?
>>
>>127473868
>>127473550
I mean are you guys actually satisfied with the combat in this game? Does it really grip you? Or are you just sperging out over the items and scant few build combinations.

I can't believe that anyone wanting to play a game oriented around fast-paced ARPG combat would enjoy chance-based skill procs, auto-attack builds with charge ups, or cooldowns on any of the interesting looking abilities.

This games combat has been fucking neutered and you know it
>>
>>127474179
I wouldn't go so far to say arpgs are a dying genre. They've always been niche. But yeah, Grim Dawn could use some work and I think that's a fair assertion to make. Hopefully the devs will improve on the game with future expansions.
>>
>>127474481
I'm here to discuss Grim Dawn because I recently picked it back up and played it.

This is /gdg/ is it not? OR did I step into Iron Lore nutsucker general by mistake?
>>
>>127473359
Only thing Titan Quest had over this is the environment settings and length. But it was also a chore to level up and had some big pacing issues.
While this has less classes, you definitely have more skills and thanks to devotion, a lot more build options. I have over 300 hours and I find this better then TQ.

>>127473797
Yeah, that was me. Glad someone agreed with my analogy.

>>127473876
When the game comes out officially, sometime after February.
>>
>>127474206
>>127474439
>no red HC glow

That's absolutely acceptable. I'm probably going to kill myself when my HC characters start dying.
>>
>>127474506
i really do enjoy it. i don't play an AA or chance based build, and i don't have any cooldowns above 5 seconds (not including CDR).

>>127474646
i'm in favor of discussion that shits on the developers. i think devotion shrines are stupid as fuck. but if you're just here to cry about how much you hate the game and not raise any worthwhile arguments, i don't see the point
>>
>>127474464
we are legos
>>
File: purge.jpg (217KB, 719x663px) Image search: [Google]
purge.jpg
217KB, 719x663px
>>127474206
>>
>>127473972
Nah, most of my playtime is from b27 and on, when we had like 3 acts, iirc.

>>127474506
I do enjoy the combat. It could've been a bit faster-paced, definitely, that would've made it even more fun, but I find it enjoyable enough.
I mean, playing a gun-wizard is a lot of fun (Even though mine isn't even done with Elite yet) with all the meteors and storms and shit I throw at enemies, even though it's like 3 buttons.
And my Spellbreaker that uses Phantasmal Blades and Blade Spirits is literally 2 spells for offense, 3 for defense, and 1 utility, I'm still having tons of fun with it.
There's also a legendary with a chance to reduce all your cooldowns on crit, I saw some guy created a build revolving around using that, Olexra's Flash Freeze, and Devastation to just pretty much chain-cast those two spells.

So yeah, I do like the combat.
>>
>>127474762
I'm going to actually count the number of skills in each game and get back to you because you guys keep pretending like this is true

My problem with TQ, and my problem with this game is still the way abilities are handled for melee oriented builds, with mashing left click and individual enemies instead of having impactful AOE clears. There's very few interesting skills, unless you count those auto-attack modifiers which take up have the dame skill tree

And then theres those long branching skills which are missing functionality that make them useful gated behind some "transmute" or upgrade system which is an illusion of choice.

Just because there's 5 connected dots doesn't mean it's 5 skill, man
>>
Tell me about the final boss of the chtonian skeleton key dungeon.
>>
>>127475964
He's hot.
>>
>>127475964
>>
After I start veteran can I switch back to normal for like a bastion run and then go back to veteran?
>>
>>127477124
Yeah, you can change it on character screen whenever.
>>
>>127477124
Yes.
>>
>>127475174
After counting, Grim Dawn has 84 skills. TQ has 122
>>
>>127477348
how many of each are viable?
>>
>>127477348
So TQ has an average of 1.25 more skills per mastery? Eh, would've preferred a couple more in GD, but oh well.
>>
>>127477563
grim dawn offers a bunch of skills through components/gear however, more than Titan Quest I want to say.
>>
>>127477348
Doesn't TQ have more masteries?
>>
>>127474876

Big guy with a two handed weapon. Has no freezing or teleporting ability, so a higher level but weaker boss than Alkamos.
His main tactic amount to trying to kill it(you) with fire.

>>127475275
Titan Quest had the same system for skills.
Just check for yourself: http://www.titancalc.com/

Just compare a Conquerer to a Blademaster, and tell me which class has more options in terms of skills.

>>127477348
122/9 = 13.5
84/6 = 14

Guess Grim Dawn has more.
>>
>>127472572
Are you always this full of shit and lies or only when you shitpost on the internet?
>>
>>127477348
actually TQ has 89 sorry site had wrong information and I just recounted it... Point still stands... There's not an increase in skills
>>
File: rip.jpg (173KB, 621x596px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
173KB, 621x596px
>>127475128
Well just got a new look.
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 599x662px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 599x662px
New to the game, I have a shaman/cultist, going full on summoner, really struggling with what to put points into and feel like I won't have enough at max level, also I'm super lost on what devotion stuff to get, anyone have a guide or something I can look at? Also what kind of weapons should I be looking for?
>>
>>127478081
There is as >>127477661 pointed out. There's almost an equal amount of skills and spells available as Relics, components are specific gear that are not available via masteries. There's almost twice as many skills and spells in Grim Dawn, give or take.
>>
>>127478081
Doesn't TQ has more masteries?
>>
Vindictive Flame

Is it worth putting points into it?
>>
>>127453387
I've checked off and on over the last ~two days and have found no builds; only one-off advice.

>>127453443
>do that yesterday
>no replies
Shame that we're barely a week into having regular GD generals and we've already got shitposting with non-replies and pretend-help. Sure love unwarranted elitism over any conceivable fucking topic. But then it wouldn't be /vg/ without that, would it?
>>
>>127477348
Wait, how the fuck did you count? If you count every skill line as 1 skill, GD has 83 (I might've miscounted and your 84 is correct), while TQ has 91.
That means that GD has an average of 14 skills per mastery, while TQ has an average of 10,1 skills per mastery.

Also, bear in mind that if we remove the skills from Dream, TQ ends up at 80 skills. 4 less than GD.
Dream was a class added in the Immortal Throne expansion.

So Grim Dawn does have more skills than Titan Quest did, spread over fewer classes.
>>
>>127478419
100% halal
>>
>>127478450
>Also, bear in mind that if we remove the skills from Dream, TQ ends up at 80 skills. 4 less than GD.

But why would we do that?
>>
>>127478602
Because GD has no expansion yet, and Dream was added in TQs expansion, Immortal Throne.
>>
>>127477893
How many of the soldiers skills are passives and not active skills though? Thats the big difference between soldier and warfare.

Its almost the same shit. Cadence = onslaught, warwind = blade arc, war cry = umm War HORN.
How samey can you get?

>>127477796
yes, but even without dream it's 79 skills
>>127477445
I could ask that same question of the skills in Grim Dawn.... How many are actually viable as a build definer?
>>
>>127478679
BUT ANON
IT'S PERFECTLY FINE TO COMPARE A GAME WITH NO EXPANSION TO A GAME WITH AN EXPANSION
THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY THE SAME
Don't respond to shitposting like that in the future.
>>
>>127477893
i played thane back then in titanquest thats some electric dual sworded badass - the only skill from the electro three was the buff and some + %%%%% dmg shit

feels good to play the totaly same thing in grim dawn
>>
Thinking of going commando for my paladin build. Is counter strike worth using? I want some good aura/thorns dmg for my paladin.

Also I am guessing firestrike is better than cadence.
>>
>>127478874
>Thinking of going commando
Kinky ;)
>>
>>127478450
Not a huge difference between 79-80 and 84 for the base game in what is supposed to be the successor and by all accounts an improved version of the game don't you think?

Especially when we begin to break down the shear number of passive fluff abilitiees that do nothing but inflate damage numbers in grim dawn
>>
File: 1394737123645.png (33KB, 255x216px) Image search: [Google]
1394737123645.png
33KB, 255x216px
>fully upgraded firestrike tree
>>
>>127477893
You said just skills, without counting passives, correct? Warfare has just 5 skills, onslaught, war wind, war horn, battle standard and ancestral spirit.

Soldier has 10 skills. Or do you also not count stuff like auroras and toggle abilities?

>>127478985
He just showed you that there is an average increase of 4 skills between classes from TQ to GD. You seem to forget there are less classes in this game. But you're probably shitposting now.
>>
File: index.jpg (2MB, 3840x1080px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
2MB, 3840x1080px
>>127478874

Nah it's not worth it, get shit that increases your retalation and get abilities (especially from items) that give you retalation
>>
>>127478985
Not a huge difference, no, but then again, GD was developed by a team more than 3 times smaller than the team working on TQ was, and with a budget 7 times smaller.

There's not actually that many "passive fluff abilitiees that do nothing but inflate damage numbers" in Grim Dawn, they're just used in most builds because they're so versatile. Unless you're counting toggled skills that's basically passive, like Oleron's Rage or Iskandra's Elemental Exchange, but then TQ had a bunch of those too.

Grim Dawn and Titan Quest is basically the same in regards to how many/how nice the skills are.
>>
>>127478679
So? The fact is that Immortal Throne does exist and no one plays TQ without it. Feels kinda arbitrary to just drop a mastery out of it because GD doesn't have an expac yet.
>>
>>127478874
>Also I am guessing firestrike is better than cadence.

Not if you're going melee, anon.
>>
First expansion better have ranged-focused mastery and necromancy.
>necromancy faction
>no necromancy mastery
That's not okay.
>>
Is Savagery the only skill that replaces attack that can boost spells too because of the charge time? Or does that even boost spells cast at the same time or just the attack?
>>
>>127480094
The soldier, arcanist and nightblade trees are filled with passive skills that do nothing but inflate damage numbers. These three classes are also near carbon copies of the warfare, rogue, and storm masteries.

And, no there are no where near as many passive abilities on the skill trees in TQ. They are mostly clustered in warfare and defense trees. With some classes having absolutely none

I'm not saying that there are a ton more skills in TQ than in GD. But as far as build variety goes. TQ wins hands down due to more combinations of classes, with abilitiees that vary to a more significant degree between the classes, and less reliance on autoattack replacers for each class, as well as less passives overall
>>
>>127480897
Is this bait? We already know that both of those masteries are incoming. Chances are pretty high that Necro is next.
>>
>>127478241
Pls
>>
Where can I farm chipped claws reliably at the highest level?
>>
>>127480897
I'm eagerly awaiting a Cleric-esque class to be added, or even some sort of shapeshifter.
>>
Want to do a Forcewave soldier, but idk whether to go Demo or Occultist
>>
>>127481076
>We already know that both of those masteries are incoming

[citation needed]
>>
>>127481076
>We already know that both of those masteries are incoming.
Unless you've got sources I haven't seen, no we don't.

The best we have is a couple of old forum posts by the designers about masteries they are interested in adding (like the shield-based mastery, ranged mastery and vampire-like mastery), but that isn't the same as an actual announcement and doesn't mean they're confirmed to be added. Anything beyond that is just wishful thinking.
>>
>>127481064
Grim Dawn has more viable builds, tho. Titan's Quest has more variety but there are a good number of builds that are shit. You're right that TQ has more real skills and less passive stuff going on for it, though. I miss Stormcaller and Pyromancer. None of the caster masteries feel very spell castery in Grim Dawn.
>>
>>127481429
Shaman for 2h and bleed perks.
>>
>>127481446
>>127481447
Sorry, I've been following development of Grim Dawn ever since the KS. I don't keep every single thread on hand from years back up until now. It's pretty common knowledge to anyone who visits the Crate forums, though. Time and time again Bruno has expressed his deep love for Necromancer classes and has wanted to add one forever, and said that it is very likely that they will add one with the first Grim Dawn expac. They also said that they are adding a Gunslinger mastery because the game lacks a real gun focused mastery.
>>
>>127434112
What would I want other than Fire Strike and Elemental Exchange for Pistol Wizard?

Or if somebody has a gimcalc for what should theoretically be taken
>>
>>127480397
I honestly feel like cadence is a terrible ability.

120% weapon damage +54% physical damage on EVERY ATTACK (ignoring the fire static damage) > one big hit of 240% weapon damage and static physical every third attack (unless you miss and waste the cadence charge :^) )

And you can slap on searing strike for crit damage and an extra 15% modifier.

With cadence you are only doing any damage worth shit every third attack.
>>
File: 1387301746891.jpg (51KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1387301746891.jpg
51KB, 600x338px
>lost two hardcore characters today

FUCK, I should've stopped playing when the first one died.
>>
>>127482026
>Bethesda conversation options
>>
>>127481823
And with maxed-out Fighting Form you can hit up to three mobs with that one strike while also adding a shitload of Bleed damage, which does add up. Beyond that you could add Deadly Momentum on top of it, which piles on even more fucking damage to ALL attacks, not just Cadence.

Also "smash-smash-BOOM" > burny sounds
>>
My shaman/soldier is shit and I just died stepping out of devils crossing on elite.

I'm starting a new character, thinking of nightblade/occultist with poisons and sheit, please help.
>>
>>127481823
Also, to get cadenc to do more damage on average takes a much larger skill point investment than firestrike, which would only take 12 and 1 point in the transmutation, as oppose to 16 and then even more to get it up to par, still only every third strike that has a chance to miss.
>>
>>127481064
>passive skills that do nothing but inflate damage numbers
Pls. Say just passive skills instead, you're triggering my autism. Soldier has one single passive skill that do nothing but inflate damage numbers. Two if you count toggled abilities, four (Out of 19) if you count %chance to activate skills.

Anyway, TQ (minus dream mastery) has a total of 91 skills, whereas 16 are passive. GD has a total of 84 skills, whereas 20 are passive. Not counting toggled abilities, only passives, and only counting a skill line as one skill.
So TQ has 17.5% passive skills, and GD has 23.8% passive skills.
Not a huge difference, but you're right about GD having more passives than TQ.
I guess TQ wins in most build possibilities, but how many of them were viable? I haven't played TQ in years, but I seem to remember that there wasn't a fuckton of Legendary-viable builds. Of course, GD doesn't have too many Ultimate-viable builds yet either, but that can probably be chalked down to the newness of the game (And I think I saw the devs saying Ultimate is a bit overtuned atm, not sure though)

On a side-note, I agree with >>127481451, the casters in TQ felt more caster-ish than the casters in GD.
>>
>>127481823
You'll need to invest more skill points into Fire Strike before it becomes any good. Cadence is good right off the bat. Deadly Momentum, the last tier of Cadence, buffs all your Physical damage abilities as well. And lastly, Cadence is a lot more flexible than Fire Strike since it can be Transmuted to do Elemental and Chaos damage. You'll need to invest pretty deep into the Demo tree before you'll get to the Chaos damage.
>>
>>127481727
When is the expansion coming?
>>
>>127483152
I wouldn't count on it being under 10 months after the game's official release.
>>
>>127481284

pls respond
>>
>>127482682
>it can be Transmuted to do Elemental and Chaos damage
Actually, no. Discord is NOT a transmute, and is actually awful unless you have a base source of chaos and/or elemental damage (like a Chaos weapon) since all it does is nerf physical and give a bonus to chaos and elemental.
>>
>>127480941

Anyone can confirm this? I just want to make my mage knight but if anything else than Shaman can do this I would be really happy since all my characters this far have been shaman.
>>
>>127482634
GD ultimate and elite to extent suffer from needing one of either two masteries to be successful. I dont remember >>127482634
NEEDING warfare or defense to be competent.

The classes in GD are way to one sided in their approach to the game and there aren't many utility skills that increase a builds usefulness in late game. Can't say I can recall if this was the case in TQ either though.
>>
>>127483414
:(
>>
quick and possible retarded question:

when it comes to devotion skills that trigger on attacks, can they trigger from any attack, or only with the attack they're linked to?
>>
>>127480240
>>127483436

Shaded Basin or Bastion of Chaos/Chthonic Rifts

>>127484423
Only attacks they are linked to.
>>
Immortal Throne was released 10 months after Titan Quest so expect to wait over a year for the expansion
>>
>>127484423
Only on the attack they're slotted into.
>>
>>127484567
>>127484589
many thanks

I'm playing a Lightning Paladin (Warder) and I just finished the tempest constellation. holy fuck Reckless Tempest is the shit

Ultos would be proud
>>
>>127483874
Conjurer uses neither Arcanist or Soldier. Saboteur (Nightblade/Demo) can also complete the game on Ultimate, and pretty sure Trickster (Nightblade/Shaman) can as well.

At least GD doesn't have a retardedly strong combo like Dream/Hunting in TQ, where you could reach a level of DA where you literally couldn't be hit. I don't actually remember if they ever fixed that in TQ.

There's quite a few utility skills that are pretty much required if you're one of the classes with them, in Ultimate, like Warcry, Maiven's Sphere of Protection, and Flashbang. Blitz with Blindside and Canister Bomb with Concussive Bomb is also really fucking good.

You're absolutely correct in that Soldier and Arcanist are way to dominant right now, though. Let's hope they do something about that before the actual release.
>>
>>127482682
Actually you need to invest less. 13 points as opposed to WELL over 16. Deadly momentum Is good but also requires 40 points invested in soldier. It obviously depends which area you want to invest in more, but it stil takes many more points to make cadence worth as much as 13 points put into fire strike and 15 into the demolitionist mastery.
>>
Guys wanna team up to kill Mogroden?
>>
>>127484868
It's because soldier and arcanist have too much utility. They also happen to have the most skill in their respective trees.

The other classes should really have been more fleshed out with CC/gap closers/oh shit buttons but they weren't
>>
>>127485001
Cadence is good enough as it is, the later tiers are more like icing on the cake. Fire Strike is dependant on the other tiers for it to be viable.
>>
>>127484868
Yep, doing a Saboteur right now, past the warden earlier on ultimate.

And that broken spear Haruspex was never fixed. I think one of the fan patches fixed it though.

So far the devs seem to be doing a good job regarding balancing issues and fixing problems , so I believe the other classes will get a buff in b30.
>>
>>127483874
I feel the issue is more down to the fact that you're made to squishy. You can't capitalize on all classes damage potential because you always need to think of "how can I not die in 2 hits". It's even present in late veteran difficulty. I don't think I've ever felt this squishy in an ARPG before. It's like they buffed enemy damage to try to make constitution not OP.
>>
>>127485371
>so I believe the other classes will get a buff in b30.

I want to believe, but we'll see. Some of the masteries need more than simple buffs. They need more skills and passives as well, and I doubt that they'll get them. Occultist in particular is a fucking mess that should be redone from scratch.
>>
Anyone got any pieces of perdition set? We can trade if there's something you need
>>
>>127485241
If every class has everything what's the point?
>>
>>127485342
But its not. 120% weapon damage + 54% physical damage + fire static EACH ATTACK for 12 stat points is better than 238% weapon damage + physical static EVERY THIRD ATTACK for 16 stat points.
>>
>>127485917
Normal or Empowered? The game just loves throwing the normal version at me. I have almost 3 spare sets of it. Only 2 pieces of the empowered version though.
>>
>Go on forums and look for bros to team up with
>All 9 people I tried to set up a game with were cheating

So I guess there's that. Might as well just ignore the multiplayer function.
>>
>>127486197
>Co-op with anyone other than people you're already friends with
>>
>>127485780
Playing with three people at level one on veteran was insane, everything rapes you right out of the gate.
>>
>>127486404
>Having friends

get the fuck out of here normie ree

but yeah, I don't have any friends who are interested in playing.
>>
>can't decide between Kymon's Chosen and Order of Death's Vigil

I mean, lore-wise Death's Vigil all the way, but I'm wondering if my Witchblade wouldn't benefit more from what Kymon has on offer.
>>
>>127486197
Why doesn't /gdg/ play together
>>
>>127486617
Death's Vigil mostly offers vitality, and cold focused items.

Kymon's is more fire, lightning, physical.

both have a few inbetween stuff.
>>
>>127486617
>lore-wise Death's Vigil all the way
If you're a faggot
>>
>>127486807
I'd be down with starting a 3 man group or something.
>>
>>127486149
What lvl requirement does empowered have?

Anyway I have 2 pieces, head and shoulders
>>
>>127487234
You'd take the tools blindly devoted to a scam?

>>127487451
I'm up for it, but I live on a GMT+2 timezone.

>>127488110
Have anything good to trade for the missing items?
>>
Guys what was the name of the place with the road full of aether crystals?
>>
>>127488453
The Conflagration?
>>
>>127478241
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24703
>>
>>127488572

No that's not it, I remember it had a closed door at the end of it
>>
Haha holy shit, the people complaining about the SoT shrine on Elite difficulty should look forward to it on Ultimate.
Kinda dissappointed that none of the Skeletal Monstrosity-waves were replaced with hero-waves, though.

>>127488724
Immolation, in Deadman's Gulch. You get the quest to go there at honored with Black Legion.
>>
>>127486197
>All 9 people I tried to set up a game with were cheating

What'd they do?
>>
>>127440959
>>127439856
so I'm trying something like this, currently level 23 I think and my build is this playing through normal veteran.

http://grimcalc.com/build/3eiDbr

Now this is my first time playing through the game so I don't know how you're supposed to scale early on but so far I'm having absolutely no problem damage-wise but I'm incredibly squishy it seems and the Warden was able to kill me from about 75% to 0 with one aoe stomp. Is that normal or should I be concerned about my survivability going into the later acts and difficulties
>>
>>127486074
They shouldn't have "everything" per se. But a look at all the pernutations of each class should lead to a viable build that performs on par with each of the other ones would be balance. They don't all have to have blitzes and shadow strikes.
>>
Wew, I didnt know Grim Dawn General was actually a thing!
Nice to see this game getting some attention.

Coming with a question tho, my almost pure Nightblade char is around level 59 right now and I read that legendaries are supposed to drop after level 50.
How high is the chance? I have yet to see one drop.
>>
File: screenshot19.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot19.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>Not a single legendary was dropped that day
That was intense as fuck, though.
>>
>>127490041

I'm level 59 and I got two, both dropped from human champions spawning on the road to darkvale
>>
>>127489143

You kind picked one of the more vulnerable combinations. How are you increasing your stats? I would recommend physique to cunning ratio to be something like 3~4:1

>>127490041
Very low. You can get them as early as normal, but only up to level 50.

I actually get better drops in normal then epic. First legendary I got was from Sister Bravna in fort haron. Farming Nemesis bosses seems to the the easiest.

On my latest character, I only got my first epic difficulty legendary on the Black Legion armory boss.
>>
>>127490912
>How are you increasing your stats? I would recommend physique to cunning ratio to be something like 3~4:1

So far I've dumped almost all of my points into cunning, maybe 3 or 4 into physique. I'll look into putting more into physique though
>>
>>127491501
Almost all points should be in physique, get enough to use your weapons and that's it.
>>
>>127491501
Then you should disregard what I said earlier and just focus on physique for the next 30 levels or so.
Physique is the most important attribute by far, for not only does it increase HP, it also increased your defensive ability. The higher your DA is, your chance to be hit and critically hit decreases.

You can put points in Anatomy of Murder for your cunning fix.
>>
>>127491881
>>127492810
Alright sounds good, thanks pals
>>
>>127492810

Not him I followed /gdg/ and now I miss a lot as commando, I mean not that I care much since I rape mobs with retalations but bosses are the worst experience I've ever had in an arpg, 10-15 minutes of miss and fumble
>>
>>127479881
>>127480397
Sorry for the late response been doing errands. Thanks for the advice, I am glad Cadence is better than firestrike, I was never a fan of the skill.
>>
File: docontra2.jpg (17KB, 204x266px) Image search: [Google]
docontra2.jpg
17KB, 204x266px
What's a good way to increase my resistances?

I tried to start on elite but I'm taking too much damage.
>>
>>127493117

Level and OA? A proc of fighting spirit along with a flashbang should tip the scales quite a bit in your favor.
>>
>>127493626
Green and yellow items with high resist values, components and faction augments.
If you manage to get around 80% on elemental and poison, with the rest at around 40 or so, you can start epic.

Try farming places like Steps of Torment and Bastion of Chaos if you have keys, if not go Royal Hive and East Marsh.
>>
>>127493626
Components, and augments once you hit 70.
>>
>>127493672

I'm already using blitz to debuff enemy defence, it's not enough to compensate for all the cunning.
>>
How do I into rifles? I want to do a rifle commando and go Rambo on some demon sons of bitches, but the universal agreement here is that rifles suck.

Perhaps there will be hope in a patch to boost rifles and crossbows or rifle specific devotions in the expansion.
>>
Druid or Trickster?
>>
>>127494643
If melee, go trickster. If caster, go druid
>>
>>127494114

There are lots of items, some relics and devotions that can give you your missing OA. Getting it from cunning is a worse option, especially since they nerfed the OA gained from it.

Flashbang gives double the DA debuff than Blitz does. The missing 20-25 cunning you didn't take wouldn't have helped you much if flashbang isn't enough.
>>
How do I survive as anything other than Soldier? I made a Spellbreaker and have fuck-all health, yet Soldiers can get up to 6k+ from mastery and skills alone no problem.

Seems to me like nothing else can survive
>>
>>127495278
put points into physique, wear gear with resists/health.
>>
>>127495278
I'm running a spellbreaker based on Phantasmal Blades, and I have no problems running with only 8.6k health at level 80 in Ultimate Act 3, thanks to pretty decent resists (My lowest resist is Aether, at 47%) and an absolutely retarded amount of lifesteal.
It's simply about you getting resists, and using augments on weapons and jewelry that give you resists or health. Oh, and components.
>>
Does the honoured Black Legion dungeon have a shrine? I'm on 27 shrines, just got the one inside secret archon tomb level and I have pretty much all areas explored. I wanna gather all 28 before progressing to the next difficulty.
>>
>>127495278
Dump at least a point in Blade Barrier or Mirror of Ereoctes as an oh shit button. Maiven's Sphere and Veil of Shadow are your friends for defense. For rapid healing, Pneumatic Burst can help.
>>
>>127495526
But mah damage
>>
>>127495901
No, it doesn't.
Have you gotten the Mogdrogen shrine that requires honored with Rovers? And have you ran Bastion of Chaos yet? There's a shrine there too.
There's 58 shrines in total, though, so missing one isn't the end of the world.
>>
>>127495901
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26777
>>
what are some good caster type builds that can survive into ultimate? I want something that can dish out shit tons of dmg yet be tanky enough to survive in the highest difficulty.

Not really into arcanist skills though, so what would I use as my primary spam skill?
>>
>>127496065
Yes to both of those. I guess I'll go checking every single shrine in the game according to this list >>127496073
>>
>>127496279
If you look in your quest log theres a tab that shows you the ones you've already gotten, should be quicker than going to each one manually
>>
>>127496279
Press Q and click in the right-most tab to see all the shrines you've visited.

You're welcome.
>>
>>127496259
Druid. Focus on lightning damage. Alternatively, you can do a Conjurer Vitality caster build.
>>
>>127496427
I actually have a vitality conjurer, and he fell flat with the final boss. Sort of gave up on him... I dont see how using the totems again would be any fun this time around
>>
So for a Commando that uses some fire dmg as well as physical do I just put points into physique or should I put points into cunning/spirit?
>>
>>127496403
>>127496371
Thanks m8s
>>
>>127496259
Both builds >>127496427 mentioned are decent.
I've also seen a clip of someone facetanking Ultimate Log with a PRM build, I'm not sure what his setup was, though.
A Phantasmal Blade/Blade Spirit Spellbreaker is also a very strong caster, I'm just starting act 3 Ultimate, still haven't died.
>>
>>127496845
You definitely want to go heavily into Physique if you're doing melee. Whether you should put the remainder mostly into Cunning or Spirit depends entirely on your build.
>>
>>127497410
The Blade Spellbreaker sounds interesting, what sort of setup is it?

Point in Dual Wield to double up on Knife stats or does that kill survivability too much?
>>
>>127498092
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29844
Here's one take on it.
The build I'm running is a bit different, though, since I focus on Vitality damage and lifesteal, and not so much raw damage and crit damage.
I've gone for the Demonslayer's Garb set, and I'm using less CC abilites. Also in the devotions I've gone for Twin Fangs (Bat constellation) on my Blade Spirits, and Wendigo's Mark (Wendigo constellation) on my PBades. My build's a bit scarier, since my health jumps up and down like mad, though.
PBlades is a pretty damn strong skill, though, so anything inbetween these builds are sure to work as well. Just get PBlades, Blade Spirit, Inner Focus, Maiven's and Mirror of Erections, the rest is pretty much preference.
I'm running gun (Because of the item set) and caster off-hand, I'd assume that dual-wield is just as viable, if there's a melee weapon that gives nice bonuses to it.
>>
File: 1444540478622.jpg (77KB, 864x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1444540478622.jpg
77KB, 864x1000px
>that feel when fucked up with stat distribution
I'm already squishy on normal considering that I'm playing a warder, I dread to see what happens when I go higher.
>>
>>127486807
I want to, but I'll be traveling soon so I won't be a part of a group for long. Also work gets crazy once it gets going. And life. Yea there's also that. In general it'll be hard for me to keep up with anyone
>>
>>127500423
Just wait for the trainer to be updated and fix it that way
>>
>>127500423
Try to compensate with gear, and take %HP Devotions.
>>
File: 1447448763445.png (2MB, 806x952px) Image search: [Google]
1447448763445.png
2MB, 806x952px
>Bounty: Fleshwarped Commanders
>>
File: The Messenger.png (981KB, 927x621px) Image search: [Google]
The Messenger.png
981KB, 927x621px
So what the fuck is going on here?

I figured both Factions were just alernate evils but who the fuck are these guys, really? Is Kymons God that horrifying picture in Kymons Grave at the very end? Are we just trading one evil for another going by Father Kymons Journals?

What happens if I try and warn everyone?
>>
>>127502321
Basically, The Messenger is one of Ch'Thon's more powerful underlings (I think?). Father Kymon is relying on power given to him by The Messenger, to battle the Aetherial threat. I guess we'll have to deal with The Messenger at some point in an expansion.
You can't warn everyone, though, at least not as far as I know
>>
>>127502321
>Are we just trading one evil for another
That's pretty much the theme of the game's lore.

Several ridiculously powerful races/entities are at war with eachother and humans are just caught in the middle. Lots of people try to ally with one of the warring sides out of fear or greed, but in the end none of them have any good intentions for the human race. Except maybe the "real" gods like Mogdrogen and the rest. But they don't really seem give many fucks about anything.
>>
>>127502321
Kymon sold his soul to a primordial god of fire Korvaak that doesn't like Cthon (that's why you get reputation for killing Cthonians, while Necromancers give you rep for killing Aetherials) to get cool fire powers and help out humanity. That's pretty much it. It's just another open plot point that never gets closure, one among many. We may see Korvaak as a boss in the future, considering that Kymon mentions him incarnating on Cairn at one point.
>>
File: Warder.png (499KB, 585x427px) Image search: [Google]
Warder.png
499KB, 585x427px
>>127474206
I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing in this game and I'm having a blast. Level 51 and I'm a Warder that's going Lightning/Bleed Taruma Savagery. I've gone into Fox, Wolverine, Bull, into Jackal and then gonna fill out Giants Blood and then Tempest and Spear probably.

I'm playing on Normal I do need to pot a few times but Im focusing on HP regen and OA stacking
>>
>>127503143
Learn to spoiler, newfriend.
>>
>>127502321
>Kymon's Grave
Wait where is that

>>127503126
Mogdrogen mentions that the events leading up to the Grim Dawn have been planned for a long fucking time but you're right, he doesn't seem to care about helping and he gets ass-assassinated whenever you call him on it.
>>
>>127503126
I'm not far into the game Im Lv 51 though but what other "ok" gods do we come into contact with like Mogdrogen? Because Mogdrogen is a fucking dick and doesnt give two fucks what happens.

I wonder if we'll ever be able to play as different races or just stay as humans. Are there any Elves, Dwarf-like races in the game or is it just Humans, Ogres, Goblins?
>>
>>127503569
It's where you retrieve the looking glass for Father. The very last room where you get the glass, look/move up.

There is a giant ass fucking Cthulu/Demon/Diablo Tenticle monster screaming on the walls. It's horrifying. But it's all over inside the room

So if that's representing the Fire Primordial, no fucking thanks m8
>>
>>127503126
The foundation of the lore's all fucked up too. Ch'thon is the Dying God, betrayed and "murdered" by his fellows. But he cannot ever die, because he's a fucking god. The fucked up part is that his blood became the foundation of all mortal life, so he's connected to every living thing, and can feel everything they can feel. That means all the pain and suffering that comes with mortal life echoes back to Ch'thon, which in turn drives him insane. That's why he wants to bring about the end of all things. So the pain will stop.

So either reality ends or a god is tortured for all eternity. Pretty grimâ„¢.
>>
>>127503773
The Tomb of Korvaak? That monster description sounds just like Loghorrean, the final boss.
>>
>>127503816
Starting to sound a bit like a combination of Elder Scrolls and 40k (if it wasnt obvious before lol)
>>
File: ANGRY ABOUT ELVES.png (132KB, 550x281px) Image search: [Google]
ANGRY ABOUT ELVES.png
132KB, 550x281px
>>127503571
>wanting to play as a non-human, or worse yet, an elf

There's Grobles, which are basically just goblins, and trolls, but they're none too bright and exceedingly violent.
>>
>>127503571
Probably just humans and primitive/beast races. I don't recall seeing any evidence of other civilised fantasy races.

As for the gods, you can find out a bit about them indirectly, by looking at the skills and devotions named after them, as well as some of the lore entries.
>>
>>127504009
But elves! I want to be an elf, a pure innocent lesbian elf
>>
>>127502321

Kymon traveled the world to find god, he ended up in an old tomb with a worn out shrine, he assumed it was Empyrion. it turns out to be Koorvak, an elder god. The Elder gods are at war with each other, they also killed the eldest and father god now only known as the dying god. they hacked him into a thousand-thousand pieces. that father god is now coming back after aeons to get his revenge, hence the C'Thons. Koorvak wants it all for himself so he's pretended to be Empyrion and imbued Father Kymon and his faithful to give humanity a chance in fighting the C'Thons. Kymon eventually realized that it was never Empyrion, but Koorvak, facing a doomed world, he's decided to keep this fact hidden to keep hope and the fight alive. He figures Koorvak is the lesser of 2 horrible choices.

most likely a storyline plot piece for the expansion.
>>
File: thri-kreen art.jpg (185KB, 750x1110px) Image search: [Google]
thri-kreen art.jpg
185KB, 750x1110px
>>127504098
If you're going to pick a D&D race to mod in, at least make it an interesting one. Why not a pure innocent lesbian thri-kreen instead?
>>
File: dndflailsnail.jpg (53KB, 342x500px) Image search: [Google]
dndflailsnail.jpg
53KB, 342x500px
>>127504219
I want to play a pure innocent lesbian flail snail.
>>
>>127504205
>he assumed it was Empyrion
That's not true, when you talk to the messenger he says that the deal was pretty clear. Kymon wanter power and Korvaak wanted his soul. Kymon knew what he was doing, he just believed that the ends justify the means.
>>
>>127503948
It sounds like Greek or Norse mythology, it's all pretty similar with "ancient primordial god gets buttfucked by his children" part.
>>
>>127504504
How can a hermaphrodite be a lesbian? Also, that snail looks like a filthy whore.
>>
>>127504597
Kymon is a cool dude. Nigga has CONVICTION.

>knows what a bad deal he made
>knows what awaits him upon death
>knows he's going to be dragged down to hell
>but he won't let humanity go with him
>>
>>127504797
Oh yeah, especially Greek/Norse

Im rather enjoying the lore but some of it seems to get mixed or have plot holes.

I'd love to see what happpens to our characters.

I think so far; I just got introduced to the Outcast. I wonder if that lady is a goddess or something or the story she mentions about a man fighting evil is us.
>>
File: 2016-01-04_00-41-07.png (87KB, 495x132px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-04_00-41-07.png
87KB, 495x132px
>>127505025
The biggest hole so far is that this fucker chose a bunch of pacifist hippies as his chosen people instead of northern tribes that actually do shit.
I played shaman and I felt cucked.
>>
>>127505025
I want to learn more about her as well. I can only imagine that she is the "traitor" mentioned in that one note by... the Aetherial possessing Commander Lucius? Something is definitely up with her.
>>
>>127505380
Yes, good goyim, give all your iron shekels to the Rhowari.

For serious though the northern tribes didn't seem to give a fuck about his shrine being ruined.
>>
>>127505597
Well why didn't they go and fix it themselves instead of asking a proud shaman to do it for them? I didn't see those gypsy fucks jumping into portals to hell to retrieve pieces of the shrine.
>>
>>127505537
I don't remember her being the Traitor but I think that Untitled Note and it mention the anomaly is her; that she's the anomaly that they're worried about at one point but not anymore because they assume we were going t kill her and how the humans became scared of her do to Aethers whispering to them rumors of her being bad

I had to re-read that note a few times to completely understand it. Shes the ananomly, the Aethers wanted the humans to think she was the traitor.
>>
>>127505025
There's a note found on Commander Lucius calling her an "anomaly". She's probably an aetherial that defected on humanity's side for some reason
>>
File: merchant.png (388KB, 1027x1200px) Image search: [Google]
merchant.png
388KB, 1027x1200px
>>127505936
Why do it yourself when you can dupe a gentile into doing it for you?
>>
>>127506040
It mentioned someone telling their plans to humans and that kind of thing, revealing secrets and such. She's the only one in the game so far who has done such.
>>
>>127506064
So I know who the C'nthuns are but what do the Aethers want? And whats the Order of Undead/Necromancers lesser evil? I presume they have one like Kymons Chosen
>>
Anyone need a Sanctuary relic blueprint in Hardcore? just got an extra.
>>
>>127506264
Aetherials wanted to take over the physical world because being an eternal being of energy is great and all but you can't drink beer or eat ribs or fuck as a wispy collection of etheral flame. So they infiltrated the Empire and brought about its downfall, and in the ensuing chaos spilled out onto Cairn and started fucking everything up.

This drove a lot of desperate people into the arms of the Cult of Ch'Thon, which is why their whole deal is happening.
>>
>>127506264
They want bodies. Also there's this note (The End of Times) on some chtonic boss calling them "servants of the false gods" so that's also something. Their true nature could be revealed in the future.
>>
>>127506914
Forgot the pic
>>
>>127506264
Aetherials were minding their own business when humans started to open gates into their world. Then they discovered that a human possessed by an Aetherial is somehow much greater than the sum of its parts, so now want to take over the world so they have plenty of bodies to possess. Cronley outright tells you that they're breeding humans in order to make sure they'll always have enough bodies.

There's also some fluff about the Aetherials being at war with the Cthonians even before they came to the human world, but I don't remember anything specific about that.
>>
File: 2016-01-05_06-13-14.png (269KB, 329x325px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-05_06-13-14.png
269KB, 329x325px
>>127507053
I feel retarded
>>
>>127506914
It says past servants, so they're like devils, only if god was the asshole instead of Satan.
>>
>>127507410
>only if god was the asshole instead of Satan

so it's exactly like God and Satan in Christian religion
>>
File: Legendary.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Legendary.png
1MB, 1600x900px
How good it is ?
>>
So basically

>Ch'thon is the first god
>he gets wrecked by the other gods, possibly with the help of their servants, the Aetherials
>Ch'thon is chopped into pieces, but he can never really die
>the other gods decide the Aetherials aren't worth keeping around and banish them to the aether
>human cults to Ch'thon try to restore him and bring him back
>the human empire is formed at some point
>the empire creates an inquisition against the cult of Ch'thon, to make they don't succeed
>human scientists/wizards eventually open a gate into the aether and manage to capture a few Aetherials
>they find out Aetherials can possess humans and make them much stronger in the process
>the Aetherials escape and decide that they like possessing people
>the escaped Aetherials open more gates into the aether
>using possession, the Aetherials bring about the fall of the human empire and start invading the human world in order to secure a renewable supply of bodies to possess
>the destruction of the inquisition allows the cult of Ch'thon to flourish, and the fear and confusion caused by the Aetherial invasion drives many people into joining them
>the Ch'thonians start bringing about the end time, when Ch'thon will be restored and destroy everything out of vengeance/hatred/insanity

>Aetherials want to enslave/possess all humans, hate the gods for banishing them, and hate the Ch'thonians because they are their ancient enemy and they don't want the world to end
>Ch'thonians want to kill/eat all humans, hate the gods for killing their god, and hate the Aetherials for once serving the gods and trying to take over the world
>>
>>127508479
My Witchblade would give his left nut for it because goddamn
>>
>>127508587
It's a Alien VS Predator scenario
>>
why is veteran mode locked on elite difficulty? How do I get it to unlock. I already beat normal veteran
>>
>>127456126
13 I think on my Conjurer. No deaths at all until Log'. Because it's a legit' broken boss for petfags and horribly designed in general. Died 10 times to it and could only beat it when a bro had to join to help me out (Nice design ;))

Other times were more-or-less instakills in Elite.
>>
>>127511228
Veteran is for Normal only

Basically Normal is actually easy difficulty, and normal Veteran is normal
>>
>>127511228
Veteran is only available for normal. Think of it as real normal difficulty, while actual normal is casual.
>>
>>127511228
Veteran is the actual game. If you're not a turbo-casual, it goes Veteran>Elite

Normal is so Veteran doesn't turn off people to the game. Because if there was no normal but it was only Veteran, many players would have quit and complained. Elite is 'Veteran' as far as you're concerned.
>>
File: 1430047160486.png (11KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
1430047160486.png
11KB, 211x246px
>in order to get the mogdrogen shrine quest i need to be honored with the rovers
>in order to be honored with the rovers i have to do a bunch of shitty "kill 18 bees" bounty quests dozens of times in a row
>>
>>127511414
>>127511440
>>127511471

welp, that explains it
>>
>>127511608
Just shut the fuck up and kill the bees, anon

Also killing undead helps too
>>
>>127511608
I had honoured with them before I knew it due to killing the undead. Also you can skip the shitty bounties and only accept the ones where you need to kill elites.
>>
>>127511608
>play the game properly and explore everywhere
>never have an issue or am gated behind rep'
>only things I need to farm rep for is because I want the extra goodies/side-quests
Anon, c'mon.
>>
File: Close call.png (15KB, 210x37px) Image search: [Google]
Close call.png
15KB, 210x37px
>Swarm Queen Ravna on Ultimate with only 55% Pierce Resistance
Jesus fuck, that was close.
>>
>>127511608
Have you done Steps of Torment? Why would you even bother with bounties for Rovers rep when you could just do that? It's filled to the brim with undead and heroes and offers a chance at good loot. I'm nearly revered with them and I'm only on Act 1 of my elite playthrough.
>>
File: stre.jpg (15KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
stre.jpg
15KB, 300x200px
>spend ages trying to optimize what would be a good build so I don't waste countless hours rerolling
>never end up playing in the first place
>>
>>127516307
>Spend ages playing the game with my own build
>Lose cos I cant plan builds for shit and because Resistence penaties and monster immunity or near immunity is bullshit
>>
Are pet builds viable?

First character and I'm already seeing issues at level 18.

Anyone got a build to share? I just usually enjoy pet classes but won't be too bummed if it's not balanced for this game.
>>
>>127517145
Up until Log theyre pretty OP, take a bit to get started though.

Look up the build on the forums, called Lazy Pokemon or some shit
>>
>>127517145
Pet builds are currently one of the strongest builds ingame. Your personal build is likely bad.
>>
>wanna do a duelies build
>too scared to make my own, look on forums
>nothing

What a shame
>>
File: wasd.jpg (129KB, 593x647px) Image search: [Google]
wasd.jpg
129KB, 593x647px
For all this build diversity, there sure isn't much of a way to be supportive to party members. I liked playing nature spec in TQ.

But don't worry, we have access to far too many different damage types and ways to apply them for literally no reason.
>>
>>127517664
Just wait for modders to add all the TQ classes.

I hope the engine supports adding more so we dont have to replace.

Also I hope they change some skills to add Aggro Management, wanna try and get an MMO party going
>>
>>127517610
I'm doing a dual wield Blademaster build, heavy emphasis on cadence, spamming Pneumatic Burst when it's off cooldown, and shadow strike to jump in

Not only is it very boring but I'm having problems staying alive since other than Pneumatic Burst the only thing I can do to survive is ghoulish hunger and killing them before they kill me
>>
File: Legendaries.png (2MB, 1953x1119px) Image search: [Google]
Legendaries.png
2MB, 1953x1119px
>>127517843
anyone want to trade, Lookin for Empowered Og'napesh
>>
>>127518120
Wtf are you replying to him for you autistic looking fuck
>>
>>127518120
>Nightshade's Reach
>2h Nightblade Sword focused on Poison and Acid
>2h

I don't know what type of build that's supposed to support, seems extremely niche. Witch hunter with Dreeg focus maybe? Not a lot of default skill replacers seem viable either.
>>
>>127517145
Yeah they're good. Require better gear and smarter point investment than your usual build. Melee is easier and stronger throughout the entire game (as usual) but they're good. I use them since I'm an ausfag and play with non-aus so I get 200-400 ping all the time if I play with anyone so they're a good build for lag. Petfags are generally squishy and you do get hit all the time.

My favourite build at least. Helps that as I said, I lag a lot.
>>
>>127518823
Im guessing for a 2h poison witchblade maybe
>>
How do people trade in value in this game? 1 lego bp for 1 lego bp? 1 lego for 1 lego etc? (same rarity/type)? Or are some items worth fuck loads more? Only trading I've done is between friends like "you want poison gear? let me see. want x y or z epics? have them for free" or "you got x mat/component? I need # of them. cheers"
>>
>>127519079
They dont, 90% of the time its "Heres a thing you want for a thing I want"

Anyone who gets anal about it should fuck off back to Path of Economics
>>
>>127519229
Which is good. I'm not picky at all. I've given far more than I've received and made good bros from it. I've exhausted my jewish nose on PoE (nearly 3k hours since CB) and I'm done with jewing. GD is a nice change for sure.

I need some shit to make Ancestor relic. Guess I'll look at exactly what I need and take it from there.
>>
>>127519514
Oh I agree with you, I meant people who are anal about trading for value and about insisting that this game needs an economy
>>
>>127519607
Agree with that as well. I get so many epics, bps and lego that I vendor most of them--I've made 4 alts to hold some shit so I can give more away.
>>
Now what
>>
File: ____.jpg (481KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
____.jpg
481KB, 1920x1080px
>>127520227
>>
File: Yawning.jpg (26KB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
Yawning.jpg
26KB, 450x250px
>>127520521
>>127512984
>Sorcerer
>>
>>127520703
I liked it.
>>
File: 2016-01-05_00001.jpg (418KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-05_00001.jpg
418KB, 1920x1080px
VIGIL FUCKING SHITS
>>
File: 03.19_[2015.07.04_19.11.46].jpg (114KB, 803x720px) Image search: [Google]
03.19_[2015.07.04_19.11.46].jpg
114KB, 803x720px
>>127525252
They're the best. Best aesthetics. Best lore. Best NPCs.
>>
So I started playing as a nightblade and I'm bored out of my god damn mind with holding lmb to win. Whats a more entertaining class to play?
>>
>>127525252
what is giving you the spinning hammers?
>>
>>127527301
Cadence builds
>>
is playing alone a thing
>>
>>127527359
Anvil constellation
>>
>>127527363
I guess I'll try that then. I was expecting to be a something like a warpspider teleporting all over the damn place like an asshole.
>>
>>127527805
>He actually listened to me

What the fuck, don't do that

Cadence build is the most left click thing ever
>>
>>127527805
You're being rused. Play a mage instead.
>>
>>127527898
>>127527936
Alright, mage it is. Was reading up on the classes and it seems a little interesting since I only play pet classes if I can summon as many skeletons as I damn well please.
>>
>>127528279
Try Sigil + Doom Bolt + Mage Stuff, works like shit but is fine and has you doing something other than holding RMB
>>
>>127527301
>He thinks Egdeblade is LMB to win

You have not seen the transcendence that is melee shaman
>>
>>127528530
All melee builds are basically holding one button. Many high level characters/players specifically go for this. LMB being the attack and RMB being the charge/dash. Hell, most spellcaster builds are like this too.
>>
gonna do a soiled trousers build, which me luck!
>>
What areas are Act 3? When does it start and finish? I think I know, just wondering what anons think.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-05+at+08.28.57).jpg (98KB, 597x372px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-05+at+08.28.57).jpg
98KB, 597x372px
>Think about some new boots since mine are ~38 levels old
>These drop shortly after
Kiyaa~ These might be BiS for petfags.
>>
best skills for a lightning druid?
>>
Is there a devotion planner yet?

Also would a 2h melee druid rolling maiven's sphere and primal bond work well? That's 45% flat damage absorbtion combined with all the bonus health and lifesteal from druid, plus the panic button from mirror in arcanist.
>>
>>127537823
Grimcalc already has a devotion planner.

It's pretty basic right now, but it does work.
>>
>>127537945
Guess I completely missed that tab, thanks. Getting to behemoth sure is a bitch for non-poison melee builds
>>
File: 1450346168132.jpg (61KB, 540x707px) Image search: [Google]
1450346168132.jpg
61KB, 540x707px
>>127383320
>OP
>>
Balanced :^)
>>
should a trickster be dual wielding or using 2h?
im nervous about giving up primal strike
>>
>>127538980
My trickster is dual wielding, but that's mostly because I already have two 2H characters.

I guess you can go either way. If you go DW you give up Primal Strike and Brute Force, if you go 2H you give up Dual Blades. I'm more focused on bleed damage for this build, so Primal Strike isn't that important to me anyway.
>>
>>127538980
Either way could work depending on how you build it.

Personally i went 2H to take more advantage of the damage to health abilities the shaman has.
>>
>>127539427
>>127539502
thanks team, going to try out dual wielding and see where it takes me
>>
>want to make a generic 'as-caster/mage-y as possible' poison/acid build so I can swath the land in poison and disintegrate my enemies
>but also intrigued by the chaos abilities
I can't get behind Vitality damage as it makes no sense to me personally as an 'element' but both ranged and melee Occultists seem like cool builds, especially with that one skill that essentially turns you into an Avatar of Solael for a short time.
>>
Jesus fucking christ what the fuck happened to chipped claws? I have more chains of oleron than fucking chipped claws.

Where do you farm them now?
>>
>>127540296
Chaos damage gets fucked hard when you have to fight Chthonians. Loghorean was pure suffering with my Chaos Gun Wizard. It's not really a viable damage type to focus on imo.
>>
>>127540986
Fine with me then. Merely thought some of the skills looked neat. I have a Spellbreaker at the start of Elite, and a L20 Warder to work on anyway but I still want to make my generic poison wizard at some point too.

So many fuckin' build ideas.
>>
http://grimcalc.com/build/uK0l7Y

How's this build if I want to be Zeus, God of Thunder? I know the most popular choice is to go Arcanist instead, but I'm so fucking tired of that mastery by now and it feels all too vanilla to me.
>>
Guys does the 10% of physical damage converted mean all my physical damage output or only the one coming from the weapon?
>>
>>127540486
Chthonians. They just never stop dropping while you're in the rifts or bastion of chaos.

>>127541372
All.
>>
>>127541101
Poison Wizard will work nicely because of how OP Acid damage is in this game, although you're going to have to supplement skills from gear and components lest you become a DEE bot. Not that it's hard to do, there are a shitload of other Poison and Acid spells to be gotten from items.
I've yet to take one myself to Elite and Ultimate, but I'd hope to think that Poison was very useful there as well due to how much damage it does and how fucking HP bloaty all the monsters are in those difficulties.
>>
>>127541779
Acid is actually OP? Any reason why?
What exactly is a DEE build anyway? I saw that it's the only related build on the Compendium thus far and seems aligned to my interests but with it having Maiven's Sphere and Iskandra's Exchange, I was a bit apprehensive since my Lightning Spellbreaker also uses those. Don't want to make a bunch of new builds that use the same abilities--although it seems to be just those two so I could probably deal.
>>
>>127542137
Maiven't Sphere is pretty much a must-have if you're going Arcanist. It's just too good not to take, especially on higher difficulties.
>>
>>127542137
Acid is OP because there are less enemies that resist it than any other type of damage.
I haven't made a DEE build since there were enough levels to spec into another mastery in any meaningful way, but I doubt there is any other mastery worth taking other than Arcanist, sadly. Callidor's Tempest with the Transmuter, Inner Focus and Maiven's Sphere are about as useful as it gets for a 2nd mastery for Poison/Acid damage that isn't melee.
>>
>>127518120
Do you still got that deviltoungue?
>>
>>127541628

I haven't dropped any
>>
>>127518120

Gimme that skybreach fade senpai
>>
>>127542235
Because of the flat overall damage reduction, right?

>>127542357
Really now? That's interesting. I figured it would be rather prominent since a large number of enemies seem to use it and/or poison. (I honestly don't know if poison and acid have different icons).

Are there melee poison builds? Is Arcanist such a popular (or even somewhat mandatory-for-higher-difficulties) build because of the skills it offers? I'm probably using abilities and skills interchangeably, oops. By those, I mean anything you put points into at a Mastery window.

Also fuck forgot about Trozan's Ice Shard. I remember that looking cool as shit when Arcanist was first released. Cold build mite b neat sometime too.
>>
>>127542137
>>127542357 Here.
You could try a build like this if you're feeling cheeky and want something less vanilla than Arcanist.
http://grimcalc.com/build/F5hbdZ
It's not 100% optimal, but it's different and not bad either.
>>
>>127542653
Yeah, Nightblade does Poison and Acid damage as well, so if you wanna do melee Poison and Acid, that's the way to go.
>>
>>127542537
Hope much do you need? I will give you a few.

>>127542509
Not the same anon, but I do. What have you got to trade for it?
>>
>>127542864
sadly not the empowered book but what builds are you running? i have a havoc with devils touch ammo
>>
>>127542864

I need 4 complete ones
>>
>>127542676
Might play around with it sometime. My 'main' at the moment is a Nightblade/Arcanist so I'm trying to stray as far away as possible right now, if that makes sense. Although I'm working on my Shaman too so that's different.

>>127542764
Oh right right. Hmm. What type of skills does a Nightblade P/A build use?
>>
>>127543013
Start a game and post the info

>>127543007
Already have a Havoc. I am up for any legendary, trying to collect them all. If you have any nice craftable ones, I will provide all the materials.
I am also willing to trade 4 monster materials for the gun.
>>
Someone provide me with a lightning-related legendary. :-)
>>
>>127542653
>Because of the flat overall damage reduction, right?
Yeah.

I mean compare it to other skills that give Damage Absorbtion:
>Possession is great but can only be active 30% of the time.
>Menhir's Bulwark requires a shield and competes with the far more popular Oleron's Rage and offers only half as much absorbtion as Maiven's
>Primal Bond competes with the more popular Stormcaller's Pact and also only gives half as much absorbtion as Maiven's
Not to mention all three of those are at Masterly level 50, while Maiven's is only at 15. So unless you were already planning on completing the whole Mastery, they end up costing twice as many points or more.

Maiven's has some downsides in the reduced damage dealt and reduced cast speed, but that's not such a big deal when you consider it's a cheap, constant 30% damage absorbtion. Especially on Ultimate where most people gladly trade damage for defense, it's just a really great skill.
>>
>>127543184
I can craft a Maw of Dispair.
And i also have:
Emp. Tome of Plagues,
Emp. Crown of the Wildcaller
Emp. Gorefeast
Emp. Voidblade
touche of ever living growth
Nocturnis
Emp. Bonesnao
Exonarator
>>
new thread
>>127543516
>>127543516
>>127543516
new thread
>>
>>127543184

Claw
>>
>>127543376
Cool. Figured that was the case but appreciate you providing an informative reply. This game is wonderful.
>>
>>127543114
I know what you mean by the Arcanist. It's a way good mastery, but I dislike how vanilla it feels at this point. Maiven's Sphere is impossibly good and important for Elite and Ultimate unless you like dying as soon as someone looks at you. At this point I feel like if you don't somehow shoehorn Arcanist or Soldier into your mastery, you're fucked. I hope Crate will rebalance the difficulties in a way that all the specs feel more viable and doable as they are on Normal and Veteran.

Nightblade P/A uses all the passive dual wield procs except for Execution. Nidalla's Hidden Hand converts some of your piercing damage into Acid. Shadow Strike with Nidalla's Justifiable Ends does Poison damage. You'll also probably want Blood of Dreeg and Armor of the Guardian as they buff even moar Acid damage, heal HP and give HP regen and +10% Attack Speed. It's kinda like Pneumatic Burst. It's an interesting build idea and I'm hoping to do it some day. Solael gives poison damage but it converts Physical damage into Chaos damage so I doubt it's good for a melee P/A build.

Something like this, for example: http://grimcalc.com/build/ZSwlcJ
Thread posts: 758
Thread images: 98

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.