[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 73

File: UzuRinTrain.jpg (200KB, 850x609px) Image search: [Google]
UzuRinTrain.jpg
200KB, 850x609px
Previous thread >>1955345
*Screenshots, pages, and discussion about general series, current or old, not covered by an existing thread, be it yuri, fanservice, subtext or goggles. Canon and non-canon both welcome.
*News reports about things relevant to our interest
*Original content that doesn't fit any specific thread topics
*Pretty much anything that doesn't have or need its own thread.
>>
File: Daydream_02.jpg (319KB, 830x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Daydream_02.jpg
319KB, 830x1200px
>>1958124
Stuff like NTR Trap, Citrus and Tachibana Triangle Whatever had me thinking. Their usual draw is that instead of the stock yuri cliches, they're pulling from the conventions of other genres with yuri flavorings.

What are some overdone late night anime plots where you think making the MC female and changing the character dynamics to accommodate yuri would significantly shake up the experience for the better? And not just in the "I like yuri so more yuri is better" sense.
>>
>>1958138
I get what you're saying but Citrus is nothing BUT stock yuri cliches.
More "lucky sukebe" yuri like Tachibanakan would be cool. And thr trope has pretty much gone out of fashion in het harem in favor of edgelord MCs.
>>
Any positive surprises so far in the season? I need something while I'm waiting for the next KnP episode.
>>
>>1958271
That one magical girl in swimsuit show might, MIGHT, just help. Alas, it's a 4 minute show.

It's just a bad season. Next one will be better.
But hey! This is a golden opportunity to catch up on that backlog.
>>
>>1958271
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. It's not yuri but first episode was good. Murder mystery with time travel.

Active Raid, Luck and Logic, and Phantom World are okay, but I'm sure someone will tell me how bad I am at opinions.
>>
File: CYh47KVVAAEvl8a.jpg (312KB, 1024x1378px) Image search: [Google]
CYh47KVVAAEvl8a.jpg
312KB, 1024x1378px
Shinozaki-san extra chapter 32.5

http://comic-meteor.jp/shinozaki/
>>
>>1958279
Ribbon girl's name is Amy White and is one of Konatsu's friends. Akina helps her when she's lost at convention.

I guess Akina's harem gained the obligatory foreign girl.
>>
>>1958274
I just wish I still had a yuri backlog, I'm scrapping the bottom of the barrel by now.

>>1958276
Thanks, will check out the synopses to see if any of those catch my interest.
>>
>>1958276
>Luck and Logic
>Phantom World

Aren't those 2 basically harem?
I watched 1st ep of Phantom World, it was quite fun, but I'm sure it will degrades once the childhood firend DRAMA (as hinted from the opening) kicks in. Besides, I'm not very fond of the boobs fanservices so I decide not to pick up the next episodes. Is Luck n Logic any better?
>>
>>1958276
>people ask for a recommendation on /u/
>get a series the poster admits isn't yuri and two harems as a response
Looks like the Boku no Pico meme has evolved.
>>
>>1958271
Pandora of the Crimson Shell looks promising
>>
>>1958276
You're really bad at opinions.
>>
I normally don't like crossovers, but dammit Chiyo is just too cute.
>>
File: luck logic couple.jpg (1MB, 2956x4528px) Image search: [Google]
luck logic couple.jpg
1MB, 2956x4528px
>>1958292
Luck and Logic is not harem
And have yuri potential
>Is a card game adaption
>Logistic and Foreigner need to kiss to activated they power
>There is a last 4 girls team
>Is there one logistic left
>Only Female Foreigner exist
>>
>>1958387
Luck and Logic looks like it has a Male MC.

Careful what you're recommending to other people, man.
>>
>>1958524
L&L does have a male MC and was pretty shit besides. I guess it technically will have yuri but the probability of it being in the spotlight / not going near the MC is low.
>>1958271
Grimgar wasted no time in having its only two girls cuddle on each other. It's hard to say how far that's actually going to progress but the show looks like it'll be good regardless.
>>
I think it's amusing that in the actual card game that L&L is based on the MC is apparently contracted with Asura, who is male.

I thought the action was pretty good, even if the whole "these girls here are struggling, better send in the real hero" thing was something I'd except from anime in the 90s.

Still, never count your eggs before they hatch and all that. I'm sure people though Horizon was going to be het haremshit before it came out.

Divine Gate might also be worth a look for a filler anime but the edgelord MC was edgy as fuck.
>>
>>1958558
>I'm sure people though Horizon was going to be het haremshit before it came out.
And they were right.
>>
>>1958527
>Grmigar
Isn't that just another we-want-the-SAO-audience? Doesn't look promising at all.
>>
>>1958565
Sure. I guess you could just ignore the fact that it has one of the most unambiguously lesbian couples in anime who are unquestionably in love with each other.
>>
>>1958577
That doesn't mean the rest of the anime isn't a het harem.
>>
>>1958580
I'd honestly argue whether it's really harem or not. Tori chose to be with Horizon and then pretty declared war on the entire world to make her whole again. Some other heroines might have lingering feelings for him but that's never the focus and everyone seems to be set on supporting Tori and Horizon.

I've read unsubstantiated rumors that after 18 volumes the harem aspect has reared its head but anons can say pretty much anything they want about a novel and there's not a lot anyone can do to disprove it unless they have access to the text and are fluent in Japanese.

Even if that's all true it doesn't change the fact that Horizon is more than it appears.
>>
>>1958576
It's not quite the usual LNshit since the protagonist is dependent on his group(which has a decent number of guys instead of just him being the only guy surrounded by girls) and you can't really call any of them competent, much less blatantly overpowered and the story only existing to make them look good.

Not quite Log Horizon, but a notch above your usual "I'm in a fantasy world where everything works like a JRPG" story.

Hey, I'm just as surprised as you are considering how half-baked the descriptions were.
>>
>>1958598
The potential for yuri is none there though. And I heard it goes dark with a touch of NTR later.
>>
>>1958597
Uhm, even in the parts we saw as anime, we have multiple girls who are explicitely in love with him. It is and always has been a harem series, lying about this is pointless.

It just happens to have a great /u/ couple as well. The later LNs even hint at a second yuri couple. But claiming it's not harem is downright delusional.
>>
>>1958641
An harem means that most characters want to bone the MC and their shared romance antics are always the focus...most girls in Horizon don't want to bone Tori, lots of other characters get romance focus outside of the MC influence, heck the entire focus of Horizon S2 was on another couple.
Horizon is not harem.
>>
>>1958558

Horizon was way different, the yuri couple was very clearly established right in episode one and while Tori does have more than one girl that are interested in him besides Horizon herself, his relationships with them were never the focus or driving point of any of the arcs presented in the anime. The dude spent season 2 being naked doing jack all while the ninja was the main protagonist, followed by Mary, Glasses and Malga.

Comparing Horizon to the typical haremshit where it's ALL ABOUT the Everyman Underachiever MC who has secret powers and his constant refusal/misunderstandings towards the 3+ girls wanting his dick is completely nonsensical.
>>
>>1958527
As for Grimgar I've seen some spoilers and they said that book had only some yuribait scenes and in the end hunter girl would be into redhead and magician would like priest. Who would kinda die later. Not sure about the rest of female cast though.
>>
>>1958681
These spoilers are sadly pretty much true.

But really, isn't not a surprise. You should stop calling it yuribait too - it wasn'tmeant to bait yuri fans, it's just generic service, like megami art.
>>
This season is a disaster
>>
>>1958716
You should probably just give up on anime, then.
>>
>>1958728
Nah, he's right. This season sucks. Fortunately (or not, depends how you look at it) I have a massive backlog.
>>
>>1958728
Pandora in the Crimson Shell is the only good thing this season.

>>1958735
Same here. Not to mention next season might still be better.
>>
>>1958728
Yup. At least we will hear less complains.

>>1958735
It sucks for YOU, not necessarily anyone else. Your opinion doesn't stand for mine.
>>
>>1958751
What's your problem?
>>
>>1958759
He's a traveller from an alternate dimension where this season apparently has more to watch than just Pandora.
>>
>>1958751
And your opinion is shit. Check and mate.
>>
>>1958784
Where is your god now, atheists.
>>
>>1958716
Sekkou Boys exist. Your opinion is invalidated.
>>
>>1958390
For all of some fans attempt to self-insert as him, the Producer's relationship with the idols remains professional and somewhat distant. Mayu exists and she's still yandere for her producer but the current producer does have the equivalent of a Miki or otherwise.

As for the UzuRin, it's fairly strong.

Rin all but joins because of Uzuki's smile.
The two of them stay really close throughout the series.
Uzuki falls into depression and Rin tries to stop her from leaving.

>>1958432
So what are you gonna do about it?

Draw some goreart on pixiv depicting Producer getting his head exploded with a batshit insane rant in the description?
>>
>>1958801
>Boys
Your opinion is invalidated.
>>
>>1958803
They aren't boys. They are statues of famous Greek Gods, Italian bankers and a Christian saint to boot.

Well over the age when you could be considered boys.

Did I forget they aren't even humans, more like depictions of humans?
>>
>>1958802
This one P-head is far better than the iM@S P-head, as this one went the extra mile to not get involved romantically with the idols, choosing instead to be what P-heads shouold be: mentor figures.

I don't know why people claim he broke UzuRin.

>>1958803
>dismissing a series based off its title
While this is a justifiable practice elsewhere, specially regarding LNs starting with "Ore", it can't be applied to this series, as the "Boys" in questions are literally stone busts.
>>
>>1958806
>>1958802
Please take your P-san praising to /a/ and/or /vg/ iM@S threads. We do IM@S yuri shipping in this board and any male P-sans are not welcome here.
>>
>>1958803
http://myanimelist.net/manga/17167/
>>
>this im@s discussion
I'm not an im@s fan, but I don't know what some of you are talking about when you're saying that the producer for CG killed yuri or whatever. I see plenty of pictures and some nice doujins on dynasty for UzuRin and Anastasia/Minami. I certainly haven't seen yuri fans elsewhere melting down about it.
>>
Rin a shit.
>>
What's /ll/, LL and L&L? I thought it was just Love Live but it keeps multiplying.
>>
>>1958876
>/ll/
lesbian lolicon, I think the nip term is oneeloli
>LL
Love Live
>L&L
Luck and Logic
>>
>>1958881
Thanks
>>
>>1958881
Technically, /ll/ also covers loli on loli action, while oneeloli is girl on woman only.
>>
>>1958947
Hmm that's a fair point, but /ll/'s usage was similar to how /ss/ is used to reference an age gap coupling.
>>
>>1958822
>P-san praising
Get your eyes checked. Where in my post was I praising him? >>1958802
>>
File: maki belongs to rin.jpg (287KB, 826x1100px) Image search: [Google]
maki belongs to rin.jpg
287KB, 826x1100px
>>1958871
That's not funny, anon.
>>
>>1958994
>pleae
>most likely a professional translation
This is the kind of things that make you want to go on an omnicidal rampage.
>>
>>1958796
Haha. Yeah. People who are always whining about how everything is not Yuri, are very free to head over to English lesbian entertainment. They are not one and the same.

>>1958763
>>1958784
Well, you can take your complains to another dimension in advance, since you are going to do it for the next season and the next, and the next. The atmosphere would be better with any kind of yuri talk (as the top of the thread says: fanservice, subtext or goggles. Canon and non-canon), than yuri complains.
>>
I found this all-girls cast anime titled Tesagure! Bukatsumono and I wonder if it is /u/ worthy to watch.

Thanks, /u/neechan
>>
>>1959014

Not for /u/. I'm pretty sure they made fun of some yuri cliches in an ep or two but the girls stated they don't swing that way. Been a while since it aired though so take this with the tiniest grain of salt.
>>
>>1959014
Not really /u/, but it's not like it's really het either. They just make fun of things.

I'd say give it a watch; it's one of my favourite shows.
>>
>>1959014
In the middle of watching it at the moment, not /u/ related.
>>
File: this one.jpg (394KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
this one.jpg
394KB, 1920x1080px
>>1959014
One of the girls sometimes pulls off some counter-yuri shit in discussions and there's also one yuri parody scene but generally it stays neutral.
Still really fun, though, watch it.
>>
>>>/a/136109463

Is this true?
>>
>>1959052
Why don't you look at the replies in that thread?
>>
>>1959056
>reading /a/
>>
>>1959067
I usually don't. But >>1959052 clearly was, so why not check the replies.
>>
>>1959052
Learn to come to your own conclusions. Because neither /u/ nor /a/ are the show's creators. If it's truly greenlit, there should be proof like ANN & the like reporting on it. If not, then nothing is confirmed yet.

@Mugino
Mugino, if you are around, can you help keep an eye on the Luck & Logic anime? Director or someone who worked on the show claimed that it won't be a conventional hetero story, and that there will be Yuri in it. If you look at the website, the cast are paired up a la Valkyrie Drive style. The main pairing is hetero, but a lot of the others are female/female pairs.

However the PV didn't really grab me, and I don't know if these things will really happen. So if you are interested, help keep a lookout till the end!
>>
>>1958998
>since you are going to do it for the next season and the next, and the next
Nah, m8. Next season looks decent and it's too early to talk about the next and the other beyond that, but they hold some promise.
This season however is completely dry. People have reasons to complain and they are justified. Compare to last season and you will see that there were less or no complaints about that.

Now, we don't need posts saying "this season sucks", but we don't need "this season is good" when it's obviously not true.

>>1959093
>trusting Mugino on anything
You are in for a severe dissapointment, dude.
>>
>>1959101
The sources come from people who saw the interviews with the production staff, not Mugino. I'm asking him to help, because he doesn't mind watching the het shows in general. I still haven't made up mind if I wanted to see it.
>>
>>1959105
If there's any yuri, it will be fanservice at best.

>not a conventional hetero story
I guess you could call a harem a "non conventional het story", yes.
>>
>>1959052
If you didn't read the replies, no, it's not getting an anime. Someone is trolling hard.

As for /a/, they seem to be really on board with the idea of "yuri ToLove Ru", but generally agree that it's far too soon to have a Tachibanakan anime and that Citrus is much more likely to get one.
>>
>>1959110
Yeah, only 1 volume is out so there's no chance it will get an anime in the nearby future.
If we're talking about anime adaptions of Yuri Hime series, I'd say Yuri Danshi and Citrus are the ones with the biggest chance of getting greenlit.
>>
>>1959107
If you have access to the interviews, then pull them out. We are not talking about speculah or your opinion here. I only brought this up, because people claimed to see the telecast where the official staff said these things out of their mouths. If it's simply someone's own opinion, I wouldn't have cared.
>>
>>1959110
Well, the japanese are known to be a community of absolute madmen, so I wouldn't put it past them to make an anime for unknown manga and such.
>>
>>1959093
Okay, comrade I will be watching
>>1959101
>trusting on me to everything
Oh my dog, yes
I am so happy that my approved get highter
>>
>>1959105
>[Mugino] doesn't mind watching the het shows in general
He's also very impartial, nearly to the point of outright lying. He could see a girl getting banged in every hole and say she's totally gay.

As for Luck & Logic, I'd say it's better to wait for it to actually end and THEN seeing the general opinions before actually following it every week. That way if something undesirable happens (and it WILL happen, what with a male MC and all) you saved a lot of time and if it doesn't you have a series to marathon if there's a dry season. Again.
>>
lol, there are really Mugino fans? For fuck's sake, get it together /u/
>>
>>1959177
I never will see something like that in that context
you overreacted again
I also mind watch het, that why I check 2chan and /a/ first
>>
>>1959110
>As for /a/, they seem to be really on board with the idea of "yuri ToLove Ru",

Yuri is one of /a/'s biggest fetishes after all.
>>
>>1959186

I wouldn't exactly call tumblr's war on Mugino healthy either. All it did was create unnecessary offtopic drama and duplicate threads.
>>
>>1959192
>tumblr's war on Mugino
>tumblr
>>
>>1959191
I thought that /a/'s biggest fetish is traps.
>>
>>1959195
Nah, top 3 is lolis, incest and yuri. Traps gets up there, but there's always a big voting gap between traps and the highest results.
>>
File: 026.png (87KB, 1416x1899px) Image search: [Google]
026.png
87KB, 1416x1899px
>>1959191
>>
>>1959198
>lolis, incest and yuri
Other than Chitose's kissing rampage occasionally targeting Chizuru (and their loli status in question, may I add) I haven't ever seen anything combining the three.
>>
>>1959203
Take a walk on the sadpanda, it ain't hard.
>>
File: 1412134973624.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1412134973624.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>1959203
Isn't it sad?
>>
>>1959191
>>1959198
Maybe old /a/, but definitely not new /a/. The anti-yuri shitposters there 4 years ago weren't as bad and numerous as they are now. I can even say they're practically nonexistent back then.
>>
>>1959205
>>
>>1959207
/a/ seems to be a pretty lackluster board anyway. I went there recently on a visit, and it's like 70% waifu-fagging, 20% generic talk, 10% intelligent conversation. Perhaps, there's better discussion once you descend deeper into the threads. Anyhow, it's my fault for expecting it to be a better board, considering it's one of the largest anime/manga places.
>>
Just finished R.O.D the TV, I was kinda surprised Hisami outright said (altough not to Anita herself) that she liked Anita, was it also like that in the dub?
>>
>>1959251
Man, I love R.O.D. (both OVA and TV). But who cares about the dub?
>>
>>1959259
It was something so explicit that I tought for curiosity's sake if they changed it
>>
>>1959261
Anime dubs don't really censor homosexuality unless it's in a children's show, do they?
>>
>>1959261
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't change something like that. There is a dual-audio release on BakaBT if you're that curious.
>>
>>1959262
I think there might be some cases?
>>
File: vandread.jpg (186KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
vandread.jpg
186KB, 720x405px
So anyone ever watched Vandread? I found it kinda interesting they got a girl pregnant with science baby.

At least I hope it is so. Cause everyone being from lesbian planet they are surprisingly straight and dick hungry in this stupid show.

Just wondered if her partner was indeed other girl if someone watched it whole.
>>
>>1959299
It's been a while, but I seem to remember the blonde (Jura?) acted like she was all over the guy but in the end stayed with her girl (Bernadette I think).

I remember there being a short-lived manga adaptation that turned it into a harem. And it was shit.
>>
>>1959225
It's not you have much intelligent discussion on /u/, either. It can get pretty insufferable when people are doing anything other than posting images or translating stuff.
>>
>>1959313
Do you remember who this girl partner was?
>>
>>1959204
I mean actual non-porn manga/anime.
>>
>>1959251
Is there subtext in this?
>>
File: yumekuimerry5.png (465KB, 1023x926px) Image search: [Google]
yumekuimerry5.png
465KB, 1023x926px
Glad they brought these two back
>>
>>1959314
You can't really compare it that way. Because /u/ is meant to talk about Yuri, that's it. I don't see how much intellectual-type discussions, can really be evoked with such a singular scope. Also, Yuri is a genre that is primarily romantically-focused at that. Whereas /a/ is a general board that can hold all types of themes and ideas, so it's only reasonable to expect a higher level of discourse.

I do agree though, on certain types of insufferable people here.
>>
>>1959328
>Whereas /a/ is a general board that can hold all types of themes and ideas
Can being key word. It doesn't. The harem swarm we've been bombarded with for the last decade did strange things to their psyche.
>>
>>1959225
/a/ may not be a great board, but it's still better than anywhere else that discusses anime. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>1959320
There is some, most of the characters are girls but I think it amounts to deep female friendship, excluding Hisami she's gay as fuck
>>
>>1959299
For real lesbians that belong to a lesbian planet, watch Iczer one, although that one is bittersweet, just saying.
>>
>>1959207
It is just a handful of shitposters.
>>
>>1959357
They're definitely more than a handful. It can't be as widespread and affecting if they aren't.
>>
Anyone know what happened to Ris/MakiMaki Scans (the group that did Girlfriends)? She's dissapeared since mid 2014. their IRC is also deserted.

Same situation with payapaya scans except not for as long of a time (since June 2015) and their IRC is still barely functioning.
>>
>>1959363
Never underestimate the persistence of losers with no lives outside of a message board.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (58KB, 644x593px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
58KB, 644x593px
>>1959056
>>1959093
>>1959110
You know what it's okay, I actually tweeted to Merryhachi about it and got a response.

It's cute though, she didn't need to reply to me in english
>>
>>1959323
>Yumekui Merry
Last time I remember this being posted it was a scene from the manga where Yui and Engi say that Yumeji is probably going to become their enemy or something.

Not sure what becomes of them.
>>
>>1959380
If your Japanese was any good you wouldn't have needed to ask the question.
>>
>>1959363
It is just a handful. You see how annoying some people on /u/ can be. Just give /a/ 5 really passionate yuri haters and you have every thread they visit ruined.
>>
>>1959385
>look at how much better than you I am
>>
>>1959192
>tumblr
For fuck's sake, you don't have to be tumblr, /a/, /u/ or fucking FFnet to hate Mugino.

I don't know if anyone on tumblr hates Mugino though.

>>1959186
There are Mugino enablers on this board and I will leave it at that.
>>
>>1959393
Why are you trying to bring up this 'topic' again, hours after those posts are made?
>>
>>1959402

> Autistic Muginofag spotted
>>
>>1959383
They're still around and still not attracted to the male MC.
>>
>>1959318
https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=character&charid=17762

I seem to remember Ezra's wife was a very minor character who only appeared in one scene.
>>
>>1959424
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>1958716
Add Active Raid and Schwarzesmarken to the list of anime to check out.
>>
>>1959564
>Active Raid
This one is actually kind of good.
>Schwarzemarken
So edgy and grimderp. Same universe as Muv-Luv
>>
Also after watching the second episode of Boku Inai Machi, this is potentially Anime of the Season material, not even hyperbole.

Sure /u/ would be more concerned with cyborg girls fingering loli androids for world peace, but don't let that limit yourself.
>>
>>1959564
Because you thought they were good, or because they had yuri?
>>
>>1959393
>you don't have to be tumblr, /a/, /u/ or fucking FFnet to hate Mugino.

True, but doing petty shit like starting duplicate General threads and using terms like "enabler" are pretty tumblr
>>
>>1959571
It's not that I'm limiting myself. It's that I know I would never enjoy it because I've literally lost the ability to empathize with male protagonists. Yes, I have issues.
>>
>>1959590
>spoilers
I know that feel.
>>
>>1959573
First.

>>1959568
Schwarzesmarken is pretty much the mainstream, non-Ostalgic, dyed dark portrayal of East Germany
-There is oppression. Torture and surveillance is common
-You are always being watched
-Trust no-one
-Communist Europe is a grim and in decay.
-Escaping from East Germany is a death sentence.
>>
>>1959608
I don't understand MuvLuv.
If I recall, it's a grimdark story about a Tyranid invasion and humanity's hopeless efforts to combat them using mechas modelled after IRL combat planes while still being divided according to historical geopolitics. And while all that is happening in the background, there's a generic harem at the forefront. Seriously what the hell.

I sure hope this Schwarzesmarken thing is better. Can't be too hard, right?
>>
File: oshiete gyaruko-chan.jpg (29KB, 225x318px) Image search: [Google]
oshiete gyaruko-chan.jpg
29KB, 225x318px
You know, instead of discussing literal hetshit on /u/ of all places, tell me about this show.

The description looks safe, but some people from the last thread said that it's not because of the male characters who seem to be part of the main cast. So are they really that bad? Do they talk about het, dating or stuff like that?
>>
>>1959629
Looks like garbage either way.
>>
>>1959629
It's 5min talking about ass hair and stuff like that.
>>
>>1959629
>complains about literal hetshit
>posts literal hetshit

What are you doing, nigger?

It's a shame, really, cause I have a thing for gyaru characters.

Is there really nothing, aside from pandora, that's worth watching for yuri, or at the very least has a large, shippable female cast with no male love interests to get in the way?
>>
>>1959637
>Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara
>Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R

These two might have some potential. Hard to say after just one episode though.
>>
>>1959637
In my defense, it was less obvious hetshit. What makes it hetshit anyway? That's what I'm wondering about.

>>1959639
First one is alright. Second one has a male childhood friend character.
>>
>>1959640
Yes, but it has also a bunch of female characters. But like I said, it's hard tell at this point where are they going with it.
>>
NEWS:

Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends will be out next season.

Next season Yuri line-up so far:

Bakuon!! (CGDCT)
Flying Witch (CGDCT)
Sansha Sanyou (Manga Time Kiara)
Show by Rock!! season 2 (Season 1 precedent)
Unhappy (Manga Time Kiara/Yuri in the character descriptions)
Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends (Possible Yuri)
>>
>>1959385
>what is google translate
>>
>>1959640
I'm assuming teenage girls doing real life teenage girls stuff.
>>
>>1959616
It's probably because Alternative (the Tyranid invasion story) originated from a harem vn series.

As for generic harem.

Reading ahead, I can tell you that it looks like there could be a het triangle with angry male lead, his sister and the West German but it definitely ends badly unless they want to throw in a original happy ending.
>>
>>1959697
Not the anon you are replying to. But the show does not have anything to do with childish real life teenage girl stuff. It's simply the usual anime fantasy of "teenagers" and/or "adult" way of life mix.
>>
>>1959674
https://youtu.be/OCdaxvGmu0M
the op is pretty gay
>>
>>1959674
>Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends will be out next season.
YES!!

>>1959717
That's a game PV, not related to the anime
>>
>>1959629
>>1959637
Seriously, the guys are irrelevant. It's just the girls talking about their own bodies.
>>
>>1959756
Yeah, about ass hair and ass pains you get for eating spicy food.
>>
>>1959763
Just to clarify, I do like the anime.
>>
>>1959756
>>1959763
>>1959765
So it's not het at all? What did the guys do?
>>
>>1959766
The girls overhear them talking about similar things, and one guy asks rude questions. That's it.
>>
>>1959766
The guys are just their classmates. In the first episode they commented about the big titties MC has and she retaliated.
>>
>>1959770
>>1959771
Yeah, that doesn't sound het at all. Maybe I'll watch and add it to my currently two-anime lineup this season.
>>
>>1959773
It's like 5 minutes per episode, so it's not a huge waste of time either way.
>>
>>1959590
same here desu.
>>
>>1959199
can we have a yuri fetish version of this?
>>
>>1959674
Some additional news about Bakuon!!
http://myanimelist.net/news/44245713
>>
Some say her voice is like that of a famous death metal singer and that her breasts are actually secret compartments.
All we know is that she's called Raimu.
>>
>>1959812
>yuri fetish
Here, let me try.

>Vanilla
>Piss drinking
>Handholding

That about wraps it up.
>>
Did any good yuri hentai come out in the last few years? I don't think I've seen anything new since the SonoHana OVA.
>>
File: ffadaded4b1a3243036d7b8dc7216bef.png (694KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ffadaded4b1a3243036d7b8dc7216bef.png
694KB, 1280x1024px
>>1959911
Yuri footjobs aren't as much of a thing as I'd like them to be.
>>
>>1959911
Yuuna pls.
>>
>>1958124
So, tomorrow Taiwan had elections
the favorite candidate is Tsai Ing-Wen who already show her public support to gay right
how good is this?
>>
>>1959915
That's because foot fetish is literally the worst fetish.
>>
>>1959343
Are the other Iczer movies also yuri?
>>
File: 1451786048029.png (60KB, 653x967px) Image search: [Google]
1451786048029.png
60KB, 653x967px
>>1956835
>>1957282
>>1957283
>>1957467

Well then, it's about time we got things started.

Here's the first poll:
strawpoll.me/6545732
Please keep in mind that you're supposed to vote for players you want to see replaced, not the ones you want to keep.
Voting for multiple players is encouraged.

I guess resposting the roster page won't hurt:
implyingrigged.info/wiki//u/_roster

Medal polls:
- Homucifer
strawpoll.me/6543744
- Purest Form of Love
strawpoll.me/6543746
- Akkarin
strawpoll.me/6543747
- Teru Time
strawpoll.me/6543748

For those of you who don't know gold and silver medals are the most important players on the team, as they get a stat bump (+22 and +11 in each ability respectively).

You have 48h to vote.
>>
File: Fluff.jpg (107KB, 605x324px) Image search: [Google]
Fluff.jpg
107KB, 605x324px
Also, as per tradition you can edit fluff info. This time I set up a piratepad to make things easier. You can also use it to say things that you don't feel warrant a separate post in the thread (but please don't overdo it, we don't want to move the entire discussion elsewhere).
piratepad.net/1g4yE56442

Nationality or age will probably never appear on stream - they're the fluffiest of fluff bits. Shirt numbers and shirt names will be visible in replays so they're a tad more important.
Players are ordered by how significant their shirt number is - from most to least important (more or less). Teru wears #1 because of her position as senpou, Eila's number is 51 because she's she belongs to the 501st Joint Fighter Wing etc.
Generally you're free to edit anything you want. Like some number that went unused? Feel free to attach it to your favorite player. Got a better idea for a shirt name? Go nuts. In some rare cases the ideas might get veto'd but that's somewhat unlikely.
Also please keep in min that we'll probably cut 5 of these players so even if you edit some stuff the player in question might end up not making the team again.
>>
Well, that takes care of the official side of the deal. Now I'll do something out of character and voice my thoughts on the medal polls.
I think Purest Form of Love should stay and I don't even feel the need to explain why. Akkarin represents the flagship series of Yuri Hime which has produced 3 TV series, a bunch of OVAs and 12 tanks - more than any other Yuri Hime manga. Moreover S3 - regardless of some hot opinions - is still fresh in memory so her position feels pretty secure as well.
The problems are Homu and Teru. Until a couple weeks ago I thought their positions are suspect. Thing is a short while ago a new Madoka project got announced which suddenly made Homu rather relevant again. As for Teru semifinals ended just now and regardless of whether Ritz will delve into the Teru/Saki situation before the finals (knowing Ritz she won't) we'll be stuck in the Teru Time for a couple of months to come. Saki is arguably an even more successful franchise than Yuru Yuri with 3 cours worth of main anime, another cour and some OVAs of Side A, two manga spinoffs (on top of Biyori) and 14 tanks - I actually can't think of any other yuri manga which has more.

In the end you've got the final say in this matter, though.
>>
>>1959942
So I'm guessing PES doesn't support three-digit shirt numbers. Otherwise 404 would be a great number for Akkarin.
>>
>>1959959
It's not entirely impossible but overall I figured it's just not worth the effort. I was thinking of a 666 for Homu earlier today.
>>
File: galko1.png (437KB, 627x341px) Image search: [Google]
galko1.png
437KB, 627x341px
>>1959756
>>1959766

They're basically just that one guy from Saki.
Also Galko and Otako are pretty shippable.
>>
>>1959942
Why is Goggles from Brazil?
>>
>>1960039
It's an old old Robinho joke.
>>
>>1960037
They look like it.
There's like one yuri picture of them on the internet right now. Some anon requested the two of them in the drawthread, but we all know how that usually goes.
>>
>>1959935
To be honest, I've never seen the others so I can't be sure. But Iczer one is definitely safe.
>>
File: SW3.jpg (25KB, 378x274px) Image search: [Google]
SW3.jpg
25KB, 378x274px
What the hell is this about? Is it dead?
>>
>Akkarin, age 15
Isn't middle school three years, then three years of high school? If they are 18 at the end of high school they are 12 at the start of middle school, which makes Akari 12.
>>
>>1960084
Isn't it 13?
>>
>>1959674
>>1959722
Did anyone see the regular series? Is it worth watching? Is it required for Manaria?
>>
>>1960168
Pretty sure it's not. Manaria is based on an actual event in the TCG. The other anime is completely original.
>>
>>1960168
Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis isn't really /u/-relevant or required watching for Manaria, but it's a pretty damn great fantasy anime in a market where fantasy comes with the caveat of being LNshit.

Yeah, we had to get a halfway competent fantasy anime out of a fucking mobile CCG of all things. The fuck is this world coming to.
>>
File: 52686205_p0.png (1MB, 1200x1023px) Image search: [Google]
52686205_p0.png
1MB, 1200x1023px
>Jonathan Weissman, a biochemist at the University of California, San Francisco, and collaborators including Doudna have fused that dead Cas9 to molecules that can turn genes on and off.
http://www.wired.com/2016/01/crispr-modification/

This helps solve one of the biggest stumbling blocks to same-sex reproduction. Basically male and female cells have differences in which genes are activated and reproduction in mammals fails if both sets are not present. But this new technique can help flip enough genes from a female donor, before fertilizing the other mother, to prevent those reproductive errors. It's a better method of doing the thing which produced Kaguya back in 2004, whose mothers were specifically bred to make it possible.
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Look-Moms-no-dad-Mice-born-in-Japan-from-2789992.php

Bring on the sciencebabies!
>>
File: 52645986_p0.png (976KB, 1444x1444px) Image search: [Google]
52645986_p0.png
976KB, 1444x1444px
>>1960220
>>
>>1960220
Science is the best.
>>
>>1959946
Maybe it's just because I don't follow it any more but I feel like Saki is only subtext, and Teru isn't even that gay (powerlevel jokes aside).

But then, I dropped the series as Achiga hen was starting since that seemed to have less /u/ potential then the main story.
>>
File: image.jpg (226KB, 648x906px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226KB, 648x906px
>>1960276
Dude... Achiga-hen has Toko and Ryuuka.
>>
File: 1439279420944.jpg (230KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1439279420944.jpg
230KB, 1000x563px
>>1960220
Huh. I never realized that due to both parents being XX a lesbian couple's babies would always be female.

Those weird lesbian utopia fetish worlds/races could actually happen. I am now imagining a Yuri Kuma North Korea.
>>
>>1960286
>not YK US
There's already a Wall of Severance about to be built.
>>
>>1960276
>dropped the series as Achiga hen was starting since that seemed to have less /u/ potential then the main story
You should write a step-by-step guide on how to fuck up really hard.
>>
>>1960290
>Gain a shallow understanding of any subject.
>Make assumptions based on that information.
>Act on those assumptions.

Really imouto, you should understand that much already.
>>
>>1960283
>Toko
>>
File: 1757138.png (456KB, 825x591px) Image search: [Google]
1757138.png
456KB, 825x591px
I was with my gf then one day this foreigner transferred into our school and keep saying "Yosakoi!"
>>
>>1960310
Happens all the time.
S2 when.
>>
>>1960316
Keep buying the manga. Have 3, haven't even finished with chapter 3. 5 and 6 already published in my place
>>
>>1960316
After Yuyushiki S2.
>>
>>1960288
>a giant wall to keep al the hetshit outside

I feel like it could make a great story.
>>
File: mfw.png (175KB, 353x419px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
175KB, 353x419px
>>1960310
>>
>>1959942
Reminder that Akkarin should not be our captain because she has no significance for /u/s apart from being a lesbian in a lesbian Moe show
>>
>>1960310
If she tries to steal your waifu, simply end her laifu.
>>
>>1960357
rude
>>
>>1960283
Replace 'Teru-time' with 'Toko-time' or 'Recharging batteries' then.
>>
File: 6-4aQ-Qp.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
6-4aQ-Qp.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>1960357
No bullying!
>>
>>1960220
I love how apart from following the latest and greatest yuri titles, we also have an irregular lesbian science newsletter.
>>
>>1960367
>Toko
>>
File: 1359498227436.jpg (421KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1359498227436.jpg
421KB, 800x800px
>>1960276
>But then, I dropped the series as Achiga hen was starting since that seemed to have less /u/ potential then the main story.
>>
>>1959921
I don't care.

Just don't change the flag or the name.

I will not allow the Republic of China, a country which has endured for over a hundred years in spite of betrayal, civil war, invasion and Communism fade into oblivion.
>>
File: Wifi lesbians.jpg (204KB, 348x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Wifi lesbians.jpg
204KB, 348x1070px
>>1960084
>>1960089
Ah, I forgot to mention it, 15 is the limit, it doesn't get any younger than that.
I see somebody edited Macaron's shirt name to Macaroons and while I got triggered I obviously get the joke.

>>1960276
>I dropped the series as Achiga hen was starting since that seemed to have less /u/ potential then the main story.
Ouch, talk about swing and miss.

>I feel like Saki is only subtext
That's yuri for you.
>>
File: 1341951062163.png (63KB, 300x480px) Image search: [Google]
1341951062163.png
63KB, 300x480px
>>1960367
But how can Toki play virtual divegrass if she's dead!
>>
>>1960296
>Gain a shallow understanding of any subject.
>Make assumptions based on that information.
>Act on those assumptions.

Don't know if this is common in other genres, but there certainly has been the most out-of-whack views when it comes to Yuri. Perhaps, because it's trendy these days to scream how everything isn't Yuri or some such.

I remembered once, some dumbass telling me how there isn't any Yuri in "Sengoku Collection". Reason? The person dropped the entire series after watching the 1st episode. Incredible! I can now claim to be factual about a show, by virtue of not seeing any of it! (In case anyone didn't know, Sengoku Collection is a series that contained a decent amount of Yuri.)

And, better yet, some sparkling idiot who claimed to be Yuri fan, told me that "Yuri Kuma Arashi" has no Yuri. Reason? I don't understand what's going on and I don't like it, so it has no Yuri!! Needless to say, that person dropped the show less than 1/3 of the way in.

Luckily, I never listen nor care to ask for Yuri recommendations for a time now, instead, I develop my own system of selecting potential Yuri shows that I might like, and that has worked well for myself and my own millage of Yuri. "Millage" being the key word. I find that everyone has their own definitions of these things. If you get opinions from someone with a vastly different view from yours. Either, you will lose out on Yuri shows that you might like, or you might wind up wasting your time on shows that doesn't fit your bill.
>>
This girl has some dyke potential and it would be second one in this show.
>>
>>1960418
>PSO2
I hope it ends with them firing the faggot responsible for EP4. Fuck.
>>
>>1960398
Top kek, First of all ,PRC is communist in the name only these days. Second, ROC clearly didn't survive based on how they had to flee to an island.
>>
>>1958276
>Luck and Logic, and Phantom World
Looking up both of those on Anime List they both have synopsis of having male characters central to the storyline. While those characters may have nothing more than friendships with the female characters in the story the fact that they simply exist as a focus of the main story doesn't bode well for the chance of yuri in the shows.
>>
>>1960357
Does captaincy have any benefits in PES, or is it just a fluff?
>>
>>1960422
But it did survive.

It may have fled to an island but it was there that it thrived in spite of the Communists, in spite of realpolitik and built one of the greatest economies of Asia.

The Blue Sky and White Sun flag continues to fly and Sun Zhongshan's ideals are alive and present on that island.

As for the PRC, they've done better then ever before when Deng came about. Now China is finally taking steps towards reclaiming it's rightful place in the world as a major power and top economy.
>>
>>1960424
Well, that anon wasn't actually talking about those shows in a yuri context, just in a general sense (from his pov).
>>
And on this month's edition of "presumedly heavy subtext Kirara manga gets an anime adaptation"...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2016-01-16/magic-of-stella-manga-gets-tv-anime-about-schoolgirls-making-games/.97646
Fyi, this is from Kuroba U, the author of all those Lucky Star doujins
http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/kuroba
>>
>>1960469
He also loves to do Yuri NTR in his doujins, the anime will surely be interesting.
>>
File: cover.jpg (459KB, 1752x2491px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
459KB, 1752x2491px
>>1960469
WOW, same theme New Game
How cool it will be if they air in the same
>>
Glass no Hana to Kowasu Sekai is up on nyaa. All-girls setting, so at least subtext is guaranteed.
>>
File: Teru and her girlfriends.png (543KB, 628x848px) Image search: [Google]
Teru and her girlfriends.png
543KB, 628x848px
>>1960449
It's probably just fluff. Captains get a free captaincy card but it doesn't seem to affect much.
We picked Akkarin for 2 reasons: first, when we first made RO16 in Summer 13 we realized captains appear in Hype Machine, which made PFoL a subpar pick. The second part was the fact that Akkarin is obviosuly /u/'s protagonsist so we wanted to make her stand our more! (IT didn't work anyway.)
We could change it I guess but since we don't seem to have anybody who coul make a new Hype Machine reusing the old Akkarin image would be easier for everybody involved.

In other news there are less than 50h left to vote..
>>
File: 05.png (219KB, 703x511px) Image search: [Google]
05.png
219KB, 703x511px
>>1960600
>Akkarin is obviosuly /u/'s protagonsist
>>
>>1960600
What difference does the gold and silver make?
>>
>>1960600
Aren't Hyp Machines out of our control anyways? We tell whoever is in charge of making them (Ved? /merit/?) we want to change the captain, give them an image of the new one and they'll take care of the rest.

>>1960604
See >>1959940
>For those of you who don't know gold and silver medals are the most important players on the team, as they get a stat bump (+22 and +11 in each ability respectively).
>>
>>1960604
Gold is simply more important than Silver. Golds have all 99 stats, Silvers all 88. It's customary to put golds up front as they guarantee the best conversion rate but some teams put them in the midfield instead to create more opportunities. And then there's /y/ and >Gold Defender.
Before somebody ask or suggests it - medal keepers aren't allowed.
As for /u/s we've kept playing a 2 striker formation with Homu and PFoL up front for a longer while now. We might change it for Winter but then again we might not. Remainds to be seen.

Gold and Silver medals are both basically guaranteed to start and play full 90 minutes.
>>
>>1960607
>we want to change the captain
Do we? I guess I'll make a poll tomorrow. It's honestly just a small piece of fluff, hardly worth paying attention to.

>give them an image of the new one and they'll take care of the rest
No can do. The guy who made Hyp Machines is no longer around so just about all we can do is recycle old stuff.
>>
>>1960608
>/y/
The Gold Defender is the least of their worries. Meme positioning and >fluid, tho...

>>1960614
>Do we?
I mean IF we want to change the captain. People seem to be content with Akkarin.
>>
>>1960617
Fluid is not a problem per se, it's just that you have to know how to use it. Not like we never use fluid to begin with.
As for Akkarin making a poll sounds fair enough so whatever, let's go with that.
>>
>>1960621
I don't know of any Elite team actually using fluid.
>>
File: 明日また君の家へ.jpg (869KB, 1691x2466px) Image search: [Google]
明日また君の家へ.jpg
869KB, 1691x2466px
>>1960469
As much as it makes sense, because I did think they were really good and it's not like it's unusual for mangaka to do more mainstream work too, it still seems like it's a funny old world when an ero mangaka I associate with content that's, uh, a bit of an acquired taste is getting a TV anime.
>>
>>1960469
>that second cover
I can see the subtext already.
>>
>>1960276
First season's hella gay. In an extra picture drama Nodoka actually spells the beans about being in love with Saki. As for Achiga, I get you, the main team ain't that gay but if you dropped it you missed Toki and Ryuuko and Mairuhime. As for Teru, her team hasn't got a proper treatment yet but she has a girl with a mad crush on her and a past with another blondie, not to mention all her fangirls, a lot of /u/ potential.

I'd like to see Ritz in /u/ team though. Saya calls her oneesama and she almost missed a chapter for tonning Nodoka's or Ryuuka's boobs. That must co/u/nt.
>>
>>1960627
Lewd. Are raws somewhere out there?
>>
Glass no Hana is out with some girls friendship.
>>
>>1960635
There are raws of 明日また君の家へ on sukebei, but not れんあいごっこ, though some of its chapters are scanned as part of 彩百合 and L Ladies & Girls Love anthologies.
>>
>>
>>1960743
Stop Mugino
>>
>>1959915
Gotcha covered.
>>
http://yuriwhale.deviantart.com/art/MusaigenENG0001-584153049
this artist look it was raised by /u/
since it mostly do yuri pic from het series
>>1960802
Not me!
dammit
>>
File: 0004.jpg (609KB, 1764x2478px) Image search: [Google]
0004.jpg
609KB, 1764x2478px
>>1960469
>last one is a fujoshi who's into BL

Well we're off to a bad start. Does anybody know if there's actually any subtext in this?
>>
File: Soft-Boiled_Fujoshi_05_1.jpg (14KB, 173x188px) Image search: [Google]
Soft-Boiled_Fujoshi_05_1.jpg
14KB, 173x188px
>>1960896
Fujoshis can be lesbians too
>>
>>1960896
BL fujoshi are like the biggest closet lesbians out there. Why do you think they're so into girly men?
>>
>>1960902
But men are still men. She's not a lesbian if all she'll be thinking about is icky men having icky sex.
>>
File: shes talking about u.png (224KB, 926x1400px) Image search: [Google]
shes talking about u.png
224KB, 926x1400px
Relevant.
>>
>>1960920
Now, quite negging on the anime, because after all, nobody knows how things will really play out till it airs, and since it's just greenlit, it's going to be next year, before the show is out, so no point going on too much about it for this moment.

And this might shock some people, but in Japan, female otaku, regardless of sexual orientation are quite into BL besides other stuff that they watch. I also came across one of those scholarly/research type articles, written by a Japanese who is a lesbian, speaking of the importance of BL anime in a socio-political context. Might be hard to imagine, but here you go. That one is not necessarily the other.
>>
>Google for actiony yuri manga
>Kampfer
>Gender-bending bullshit
Does he get stuck as a girl forever or am I wasting my damn time with this nonsense?

I need something to read while I wait for Murcielago to update.
>>
>>1960947
Abandon all hope immediately. Same with this "Twintails" anime that's the same thing.
>>
File: IS_v09_-_12.jpg (61KB, 398x599px) Image search: [Google]
IS_v09_-_12.jpg
61KB, 398x599px
So I was looking through illustrations for Infinite Stratos for the lulz and saw this in Volume 9.
I'm just guessing that they're the obligatory Evil Lesbians or something like that.
>>
>>1960949
Thanks for the help.

My friend was trying to sell me on that shit, too. Why is it so hard to just have a female protagonist for fuck's sake? They can have a masculine personality but they don't have to be a dude to make it work.

>tfw you've already read everything people recommend to you that actually fits your parameters
>>
>>1960954
Also, before anyone asks me why I posted it, it's because I want someone to prove me wrong for once.
>>
>>1960958
Now is when you just abandon standards and read everything.

After that you're fucked.
>>
>>1960936
But still, regardless of how much of it is the truth in real life, I feel like it's a tired trope that whenever there's a female otaku in anime/manga she's almost always a fujoshi. It's like enforcing the stereotype.
>>
>>1960968
>read everything
Not who you are replying to, but there are "standards" and then "lines I won't cross".

I'd rather be bored than pick up a LN.
>>
>>1960976
Maybe when the stars and planets align and someone translates Nina and the Rabbits you might.
>>
Can anyone tell me anything about Tokyo ESP?
I'm still mad about GaRei and what happened to Yomi so I avoided it like the plague.
>>
File: Prunus Girl v05 c31 - 139.png (340KB, 1108x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Prunus Girl v05 c31 - 139.png
340KB, 1108x1600px
>>1960920
If you believe that all men should be together that would mean that females would have no other choice than to get together or to remain alone.

Besides, when was the last time a yuri couple was ruined because of yaoi?
>>
File: Pocky Game.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pocky Game.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>1961002
Completely hetro:
-The "Main Heroine" and "Main Villainess" lust after "Main Supporting Male Character A"
-"Supporting Female Character A" lusts after the Main Heroine's Dad
-"Supporting Female Character B" seems to be a love interest for "Supporting Male Character B"

Kagura and Yomi have a brief cameo and the Biker Girl and her partner from the first episode of GRZ have a substantial cameo.
>>
so why doesnt /u/ like Maria Holic?
>>
>>1961030
It's a show about a trap and his maid harassing a lesbian and viewing her being gay as some sort of depraved perversion.
>>
>>1960961
Why? What's wrong with evil lesbians? Lesbians can't be evil?
>>
>>1961052
It's a trope that's old.
>>
>>1961052
Lesbians can be evil, but I bet ten bucks that one series is going to say "they're evil because they're lesbians" or viceversa.

I don't know if it's possible to pull off that trope without it being insulting AND without having a lesbian (or a lesbian couple) as the heroic protagonists.
>>
>>1961031
The manga seemed to have more promise but people stopped translating it and it was still too much of a gamble for me to bother buying it.
>>
File: 0513abf6aa001ce46b25ceec0e1e74a0.jpg (254KB, 1280x902px) Image search: [Google]
0513abf6aa001ce46b25ceec0e1e74a0.jpg
254KB, 1280x902px
>>1961052
Harem LNs don't have a very good track record for dealing with lesbians. Generally in the minds of LN authors lesbianism is simply androphobia that can easily be fixed by showing them how amazing the hero is.

Case in point, see attached image.

I am, of course, making a pretty big leap in assuming that they the proverbial Evil Lesbians, as I have not read any of IS and only got through the first two episodes of the anime.
>>
>>1960958
>>1960982
With how shitty this season is you have enough time to learn jap.
>>
>>1960063
No further information has been given yet. Not to my knowledge.
>>
File: KaguMio.jpg (47KB, 405x537px) Image search: [Google]
KaguMio.jpg
47KB, 405x537px
>>
File: kyou.jpg (518KB, 1105x1600px) Image search: [Google]
kyou.jpg
518KB, 1105x1600px
Why not more female yurifan
that will make more sense in all girl cast
>>
>>1961100
I don't know. I wish all filthy BL fujoshi characters were yurifags instead.
>>
File: Filly.Erhard.full.298269.jpg (4MB, 2432x3481px) Image search: [Google]
Filly.Erhard.full.298269.jpg
4MB, 2432x3481px
>>1960896
>another fujoshi
Fucking hell. Why can't we have >>1961109 and not this generic shit?
It's not like it hasn't been done before. Even Gust did it right.
>>
Can someone translate this for me? It's from Kurata Uso's twitter.
一迅社さんのコミック百合姫にて漫画を描かせて頂いています。 エンドレス修羅場につきリプライ返しは出来たり出来なかったりです。すみません。 諸処ご連絡はこちらまでお願いします。→ [email protected]

Other news.
Tachibana-kan Triagle Watashidakemo Ojyousama is a game (visual novel) included to Volume 2 Special Edition of Tachibanakan -ToLie- Triangle. That's a new.
>>
File: gokujo02_143.jpg (460KB, 1090x1600px) Image search: [Google]
gokujo02_143.jpg
460KB, 1090x1600px
>>1960896
(I don't think it makes sense to treat the presence of a fujoshi as a bad sign, but)

There's next to no yuri subtext in vol 1 of Stella no Mahou.
>>
File: tumblr_o0rloaGsNx1u2oz88o1_1280.png (497KB, 1257x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0rloaGsNx1u2oz88o1_1280.png
497KB, 1257x1000px
>>
>>
>>1961133
>That's a new
We've already known it for a while.
Jap text is just Kurata's introduction.
>>
>>1961109
It feel if you would have a girl being yurifag then it's like confirmation she is a lesbian then it's hard to have 200 chapters about if she is one or not.

I don't like fujo characters either. It's like some 3d bleeding into 2d making girl "normal" or bi.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 1439770951102.jpg (64KB, 909x576px) Image search: [Google]
1439770951102.jpg
64KB, 909x576px
>>1961169
>not wanting to watch two fujos fall for each other and experience the purest form of love
>>
>>1960902
Nah, that doesn't make a lot of sense.
>>
>>1961257
And yet it's not necessarily untrue.
>>
>>1961267
How many 2D lesbian fujoshi do you know?
>>
>>1961267
Just not very probable.
>>
>>1961180
>Jap text is just Kurata's introduction.
Ok. So he didn't change anything on twitter. So what is said in this review about Kurata and the first volume of YD2.
百合男子は前巻からのNLフラグが本当に不愉快で
心が離れたり作者にTwitterで抗議したレベルであり
この新章も冒頭の百合集会や
ノンケな松岡妹が非常にウザかったし
百合男子でNL受け入れようとする一定層も一切同意出来ない
この漫画を全巻&関連商品ごとAmazonレビューする程に
深く愛するが故の怒りである
百合親父や籠目の様に百合好きだが
自分は┌(┌^o^)┐ではないので女と付き合うのは
至って普通で腐女子もそうなのだが
漫画の主人公は憧れなので
百合ーダーにそんなつまらないリアリティ要らない
まだ┌(┌^o^)┐前提の百合男子くんの方が面白い
しかし本編連載分でようやく松岡妹が百合に目覚めたから
再び買う事に決めた
やはりまだヘテロ臭が臭い巻では有るのだが
最後の書き下ろしでは百合ーダーの妹も百合覚醒しているし
後味は良かったのでレビューした
しかし百合女子の師弟読み切りは
次巻収録かな?
>>
>>1961270
>>1961271
I've come across a peculiar number of lesbians on the internet who profess to an interest in slash/yaoi/BL over yuri and credit it with helping them discover their sexuality, to say nothing of >>1960921, which isn't the only example I've come across in manga of lesbians professing interest in yaoi either.
>>
>>1961272
Reviewer is mad that first volume of new Yuri Danshi had too many het flags, particularly MC's? imouto was really annoying, and apparently the other series didn't have them. In the end of second volume it seems that imouto started to awaken to yuri. Also wondered if yuri joshi (teacher/student) story will be in the next volume.

>>1961276
>2D
>>
What the hell happened to Uso Kuruta? I thought she was promising with her beginning yuri works and then Yuri Danshi came out and everything's so haywire?
>>
>>1961284
>to say nothing of >>1960921, which isn't the only example I've come across in manga of lesbians professing interest in yaoi either.
>>
>>1961276
>credit it with helping them discover their sexuality
Isn't yaoi more prevalent than yuri? That would make it easier to come by.
>>
File: Soft-Boiled_Fujoshi_01.jpg (231KB, 750x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Soft-Boiled_Fujoshi_01.jpg
231KB, 750x1078px
>>1961284
>>1961292
Someone already pointed this out earlier, but here it is again.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hanjuku_joshi_soft_boiled_fujoshi
>>
>>1961295
>fujoshi in a yuri manga likes yuri
What a surprise.

>>1961292
I was asking if you know any more characters like Mimi, fujoshi but who like yuri as well. I'm obviously not talking about yuri manga because originally the discussion was about Stella no Mahou.
>>
>>1961304
>Mimi
She wasn't even a fujoshi at first. Her initial interest was yuri. But then the mangaka's like 'Shit I made her too gay. I know, let's call in that glasses fujoshi girl to make her to like men fucking each other too. Yeah, that'll fix her.'

Fucking Prisma Illya.
>>
>>1961316
Prisma Illya is a complete trainwreck in general.
>>
>>1961284
What about twitter?
>>
>>1961304
Why are people so ruffled anyway, over the appearance of 1 Fujoshi character, in 1 anime that is only going to arrive in the year 2017?

While I'm not clamoring to have tons of Fujoshis in my Yuri anime/manga, they are of no threat. Hardcore Fujoshis are the same as Yuri fandom, in that their BL stuff > Het. And in anime, I think they are kind of portrayed as BL-sexual. Not really liking anyone or anything, except shipping 2 guys together. To me, as long as they don't really bring in het in a prospective show, they are acceptable.
>>
>>1961304
>>fujoshi in a yuri manga likes yuri
>What a surprise.
Didn't this all started because you complained about a fujoshi in a yuri manga in the first place?

Stop worrying, Kuroba U only does yuri. They're lesbians.
>>
>>1961321
He was so mad he could post his complaints on Kurata's Twitter.

>>1961331
>Why are people so ruffled
I don't mind fujoshi but claiming that fujoshi are closet lesbians like that anon >>1960902 is downright wrong.

>>1961336
>Didn't this all started because you complained about a fujoshi
I didn't.
>>
>>1961341
Geez, what is exaggerating for comedic purposes?
>>
>>1961341
>He was so mad he could post his complaints on Kurata's Twitter.
OK. Thanks.
>>
>>1961336
There's no indication that it's a yuri manga. All we know is that it's a CGDCT manga.

>Kuroba U only does yuri
>They're lesbians.
[citation needed]
>>
>>1961350
Read Kuroba U doujins, he has done, Lucky Star, Kinmoza and Gochiusa yuri doujins. His name can be read Cloba U too.
>>
>>1961350
And CGDCT and yuri manga aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
There are some fujoshi anime characters who like yuri, but they're in obscure shows such as one called Lucky Star and a series known as Monogatari.

>>1961336
>Stop worrying, Kuroba U only does yuri. They're lesbians.
I've read v1 and Stella no Mahou is not yuri.
>>
>>1961356
I know that.

>>1961359
I know that too. But how sure are you that their commercial work in a Kirara magazine that will be adapted into an anime is actually yuri? Because if this >>1961168 anon is to be believed...
>>
>>1961359
I think /u/ forget that they aren't mutually inclusive.
>>
>>1961362
Or Vert in Neptunia.
>>
>>1961368

And the previously mentioned Prisma Illya.

I really didn't understand why they decided to, in the 3rd season of a series heavily focused on yuri fanservice, include an entire episode dedicated to taking something that was yuri and turning it into yaoi but whatever.
>>
>>1961374
What did you expect from the same series, which since the 2nd season served a shitty side dish of le oniichan alongside the yuri fanservice?
>>
>>1961368
Bad example. CH still can't stop pandering to hetfags so there isn't even enough subtext to tell for sure.
What the hell is wrong with them, I don't get it. Their most successful franchise is all-girls, yet they keep making harem trash on the side. And I doubt this will change even after YnNK sold so well.

>>1961380
>since the 2nd season
More like the very first episode of S1. Which is why I dropped it right there.
>>
>>1961385
YnnK is by Gust though.
>>
>>1961385
Even putting this >>1961387 aside, the Neptunia games have been getting more gay little by little. They are learning.
>>
>Stella's Magic isn't yuri
Surely it is subtext at least, right? Only of a subtler kind than normal for a Kirara series.
I mean, the very cover of vol.2 has a girl blushing at another. That has to count for something.

As for that one girl being a fujoshi, as long as they don't overuse that annoying gag all will be well. There was a fujoshi in Wakaba Girl.
She mentioned liking BL exactly once and never again. THAT was an example of a fujoshi gag used well. Hope Stella's Magic does it.

>>1961385
>pandering to hetfags
Didn't they acknowledge Noire's game and the Idol game were mistakes?
>>
>>1961397
>There was a fujoshi in Wakaba Girl. She mentioned liking BL exactly once and never again. THAT was an example of a fujoshi gag used well.
I remember being really annoyed with her 'trying to convert the other girls' shtick, even if it was only for one episode.

Really, the only fujoshi character that I liked was that one from Lucky Star but she probably doesn't count.
>>
>>1961362
Then prove that Stella no Mahou has no Yuri subtext or stop yammering so many times about it. Because your opinion don't equal fact.

And you don't seem to understand the conversation. Manga Time Kirara and Comic Cune are a bit known in Japan, perhaps mostly amongst Yuri fans, as "Yuri lite" magazines. They usually feature Yuri subtexty/CGDCT elements, and little to no het. I follow a Japanese Yuri fan and he loves Comic Cune as a Yuri magazine. This is totally different from "Heavy Yuri" imprints like Yuri Hime, for example.

So usually, when people talk about these, they are talking about the Japanese idea for Yuri subtext formula in the genre. And the same expectations for any such anime. They are not talking about the non-Japanese yuri canon vs subtext political viewpoint.

>>1961397
Yes, I believe you are right about Stella's Magic. The other anon does not yet understand the Kirara series concept.
>>
>>1961418
>Manga Time Kirara and Comic Cune are a bit known in Japan, perhaps mostly amongst Yuri fans, as "Yuri lite" magazines.
Holy shit these delusions. Stop spouting bullshit you have no way to prove. Tsubomi was promoted as 'yuri lite" magazine from Kirara and it got cancelled. Or will you say that Alive is a yuri magazine as well?
>Japanese idea for Yuri subtext formula in the genre.
No such thing. It's either subtext or text. Light light subtext is just friendship.
>>
>>1961428
>No such thing. It's either subtext or text. Light light subtext is just friendship.

For you maybe.
>>
>>1961387
Gust are a part of the same industry of the same country with games mostly appealing to the same people, YnNK is gay as fuck, and sales aren't a secret. Again, CH have Neptune as their own example.
>>1961397
>Didn't they acknowledge Noire's game and the Idol game were mistakes?
Maybe. But there's still some room for improvement. Especially when it comes to their other games.
>>
>>1961429
For people who can distinguish between romance and friendship.
>>
>>1961432
No. Your arguments are pointless because you can not generalize. Sometimes light subtext is obviously just friendship, sometimes it seems more like yuri.
>>
>>1961434
If it seems like yuri than it's not light.
>>
>>1961418
>Then prove that Stella no Mahou has no Yuri subtext
What, am I expected to translate it or something?

Frankly I don't care enough about convincing someone who would clearly rather believe I'm under so kind of misapprehension, to type much here about how little a particular title has that's worth talking about on /u/.
>>
>>1961430
On the other hand there are games by this very industry, which feature male main characters/harems and which sold better than YnnK, so this comparison doesn't work very well.
Suddenly introducing male characters into an already established all-girls setting has never worked out really well though, so no surprises there.
>>
>>1961446
>What, am I expected to translate it or something?
If only we could troll people into translating series.
>>
File: princess carry.jpg (76KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
princess carry.jpg
76KB, 848x480px
Watching Nurse Kumogi 2, the mc and her friend are save, they are the gayer character who only think on each other
the problem will be...the tomboy
but the two gayer character are save,so fine I guess
>>
>>1961455
Go away.
>>
>>1961449
That's because they sell to two different audiences.
>>
File: energy.jpg (96KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
energy.jpg
96KB, 848x480px
>>1961464
Don't tell me what to do
>>
>>1961449
I specified it so much for a reason. Gust's games are closer to their niche than "Tales of" or FF. YnNK just showed how even with such risks it all can work just fine.

Right now it feels like they're just playing safe and not really getting anywhere with that. But of course, I'm not saying they should instantly go from one extreme to another and start making everything unambiguously gay
>>
>>1961470
>YnNK

Full name?
>>
>>1961477
Yoku no NiKo
>>
>>1961477
Yoru no Nai Kuni.
>>
File: 1453060056848.jpg (435KB, 1740x2478px) Image search: [Google]
1453060056848.jpg
435KB, 1740x2478px
>Stella no Mahou

What is happening here?
>>
>>1961491
Comical misunderstanding. Main girl thinks the blonde wants to make a baby with her and ends up running away, but she was actually talking about a song.
>>
File: 1443976624045.jpg (668KB, 912x600px) Image search: [Google]
1443976624045.jpg
668KB, 912x600px
>>1959940

Ding ding ding! The polls are closed. Here are the results.

We're keeping the medals as is. Purest Form of Love (9 for, 2 against) and Homucifer (12 for, 2 against) had no problems keeping their status as golds. The voices were more split on Akkarin (6 for, 4 against) but she also made it. So did Teru Time, but with the narrowest margin possible (5 for, 4 against).

As for the 'Whom do we cut?' poll it was more of a mess.
The top 4 spots went to Dying Arisawa (11 votes), Not Blood Sisters (10 votes), Being Yaya is Suffering (10 votes) and Cousins By The Way (9 votes) respectively. That's all nice and great but the final spot is more problematic. We have a five-way-tie between Stamen, ANGST AND DRAMA, Saint Michael, Ayayayaya and Eila (6 votes each). Normally a small draw (with 2-3 players) would be fine and I'd just include all of them in the last poll, noting that we will simply keep more than 5 players from the poll in question. As it is however that's a subpar solution and I'm wondering what to do about this situation. I think I'll simply make another poll with those five on Tuesday and we'll try to narrow it down to one player using that.
>>
>>1961497

Now, the next phase is a 48h nomination period. You can nominate whomever you want and I'll try to include all the choices in the next poll (if possible, strawpoll has some sort of limit but I don't think we'll hit it). Things to keep in mind:
- there is no such thing as a bad suggestion, the only thing that's bad is lack of suggestions. In the end we'll pick the best ideas using a poll so it doesn't really matter if you don't think your idea is particularly good - you might be wrong and others might like it and if you're right then it's not like we lost anything by voting on that.
- we have an unwritten rule about not including any couples or anything of the sort.
- another unwritten rule is that all series/franchises are limited to a single character, but the rule is hardly iron clad as series which are significant enough can get up to 2 reps (like Madoka and Nanoha).
- also straight up character references ([character name]) are generally frowned upon.
- the character limit is something like ~25 characters so you should keep the suggestions within that.
- you should try to think a little more long term. We don't really want flavor of the season players we'll vote out on the very next occassion. That's the reason why polls are usually ran between Christmas and New Year's - to avoid Winter season suggestions based on 1 ep. I'll add Pandora to the poll though and I'll hope she won't be voted out in ~July if we'll pick her now.

Suggestions so far (I might've missed some, feel free to repost them):
- Valkurie Drive: Momoka, Miss Virgin, Motordyke, (Manly Man) Akira, Lady Lady
- Murcielago: Kuroyuri
- Pandora: Uzal, Fingering For World Peace (bit long which is a problem)
- Metallurgy
- How Do Two Girls Have Sex
- Intertwined Fingers/Hand Holding
- Yuri Kuma Arashi: Kuma Shock
- Splatoon with some Ika Musume I guess: Yuri Squids
- Citrus: Harumin Best End
>>
File: 5d0f32ffd4c1d3ab7ffb503f18e02382.png (947KB, 1000x775px) Image search: [Google]
5d0f32ffd4c1d3ab7ffb503f18e02382.png
947KB, 1000x775px
>>1961498

We'll also host a manager poll. Please pick carefully since we most likely won't run another poll for this in July, unless it will be strongly requested by multiple people.
So far the only suggestions are Charlotte and Lady Lady, both Valkyrie Drive.

If you have suggestions please respond to one of my posts, it'll be easier to keep track of things this way. Please specify if your idea(s) is(/are) for players or managers.

One last thing, here's the promised captaincy poll.
strawpoll.me/6567970

I'd like to remind you that captaincy is a relatively minor detail with seemingly no in-game effect. What it affects however is the Hype Machine and we already have a picture of Akkarin for that so if we'll switch to somebody else (most likely Homu I imagine) we'll just end up causing trouble for the new Hype Machine guy (if he'll decide to make one for Winter that is).
Still, the choice is ultimately yours.
>>
>>1961469
Fuck off.
>>
>>1961477
Yoru no nai Kuni, or Nights of Azure in NA.
>>
File: 1307906440732.png (129KB, 460x700px) Image search: [Google]
1307906440732.png
129KB, 460x700px
>>1961498
>Suggestions
Lesbian Space Rocks
Lesbillion
DYKES, DYKES, CHINA!
>>
>>1961479
>>1961486
>>1961554
Worth getting for the Vita?
>>
>>1961564
>Lesbian Space Rocks
Already on /co/.
I'll keep the other two in mind, though. At the same time Lesbillionaire is already on the wiki as team owner, so...
>>
File: safety first.jpg (45KB, 802x618px) Image search: [Google]
safety first.jpg
45KB, 802x618px
>>1961498
>Fingering For World Peace (bit long which is a problem)
I kinda want "Safety First: Do Not Fist Android Girls", but that's way even longer so I guess not.
>>
>>1961566
Not sure about the gameplay and all that but I heard that the PSV version looks like shit.
The NA Vita release is also not guaranteed, PS4 version isn't out yet either. PS3 NA release won't happen. Shouldn't matter if you know Japanese, of course.
>>
How come prison setting is so under appreciated in yuri?
>>
>>1961734
Because it's not cute.
A thing can be either cute or under appreciated in yuri. You'll just have to deal with it.
>>
>>1961498
Polterdykes
Lesbooans

for Kindred Spirits on the Roof
>>
>>1961734
Japanese prisons are kind of fucked up. Not much in the way of human interaction that isn't guards doing some unseemly shit. It ain't the kind of thing you'd see in a western porn movie.

Hence, not represented.

Lesbian delinquents, lesbian thieves, lesbian assassins, lesbian Yakuza princesses, criminals aren't in short supply, but it stops at the blue line, so to speak.
>>
DId anyone watch Garakowa?
>>
>>1961775
Who said it needs to conform to reality? This is manga and anime we're talking about. Setting could be some island that has been made a maximum security prison. Lesbian delinquent is in the wrong place and the wrong time and gets tossed in. Has to use her charm and her fists to survive by enlisting thieves, assassins, and Yakuza princesses.
>>
>>1961820
I did. What about it?
>>
New thread!

>>1961953
>>
>>1961968
And the fucking archives are down so I can't even check how many bitching was there this time.
>>
>>1962463
how much*
Not that this thread is even near its image capacity either.
>>
I hope nobody is angry about this ... Is the kiss between them counts as yuri? They themselves are authentic girls! <3
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.