[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 33

File: War_in_Heaven.png (1MB, 1226x692px) Image search: [Google]
War_in_Heaven.png
1MB, 1226x692px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Afterlife/Great Beyond Campaign Edition:

Why haven't you done one? There's enough there for one fully in there.

/pfg/ Link Repository: https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>54136711
>>
We've talked a little about what people want to play in a linnorm kings game, but I want to know what you want to see and do in a linnorm kings game. What kind of adventure do you want to see or what places and monsters?
>>
>>54146063

Mostly humans

No animefaggotry

No lewdfaggotry

Also I wanna see savage wildlife and wierd unexplainable ice shit and raiders and village life and stuff.

In other words, give us a decent viking experience. The more immersive, the better.
>>
>>54146111
No actual linnorms though?
>>
>>54146111

PF is a horrible system for this
>>
>>54146130
PF is a horrible system in general. That doesn't stop us from being retarded.
>>
>>54146063

I want to see vikings get captured by an evil alien ruler, and go on a quest through time itself to defeat the tyrant and return home.

After that, the alien captures them again, but they escape once more after beating the shit out of a robot and stealing its parts, and make friends with a werewolf and a dragon on their newest quest.
>>
>>54146162

Eeyyyyy
>>
>>54146111
>mostly humans
There's elves in the forest, half-orcs on the islands, dwarves in the mountains, and witches from the east.
>no animefaggotry
The entirety of the Jade Quarter in the capital city of Kalsgard says otherwise.
>no lewdfaggotry
An entire nation of buff dudes, curvy chicks, warm furs, violence, and booze, and you're somehow expecting it to be sexless?
>>
What if I build up a bunch of foreshadowing that the dungeon boss is a wereraptor, but when they actually show up it turns out he's a were lobster
>>
>>54146195

have it be a hermit crab, wearing a human as its home.
>>
>>54146111
>No lewdfaggotry
There is a real Icelandic saga where the main conflict hinges on a man being cursed to have a cock too big for his wife.

Lewdfaggotry is not bad as long as it's controlled and in small doses.
>>
>>54146208
giant hermit crab is too strong. I can make him a skull crab though. They use a skull as their shell
>>
>>54146195
Okay, sell me on this: How do you build up to the bait and switch? What clues do you leave that he might actually be one thing or the other?
>>
>>54146217

Then it is just lewd, and not lewdfaggotry.

Bawdy jokes, sex existing, and silly shit like that is great. But that's not what lewdfaggotry is.

Lewdfaggotry is inserting sex in everything and anything to the point that the game bogs down in it and shit gets retarded.

The best lewd shit happens when it's organic and not forced.
>>
>>54146237

have only encountered that like... maybe twice, and even then it got rectified quick
>>
>>54146229
his name is rex raptor, they fight him in a dungeon full of dinosaurs, his own former ally warns you he's a lycanthrope and to beware his claws.

The lack of subtlety is what makes it even funnier
>>
>>54146130
Bro I don't know where you've been but Reign of Winter is like 80% of the way there, just with the additional inclusion of fey to spice things up, and that campaign is awesome.
>>
>>54146276
Make his former ally available immediately thereafter.
When confronted with how he misled them, he shrugs and tells the PCs (embarrassedly) "well, you never asked what kind."
>>
>>54146284

Are you high? Reign of Winter is insane high magic fuckery.
>>
>>54146284
>RoW
>Just a viking experience
>RoW
>Where you go to ww1 russia and kill rasputin
>>
>>54146320

Yeah, but that's -good- magic fuckery. Wierd Fantasy is a lot better than High Fantasy.
>>
>>54146342
??
>>
>>54146342

Anon... In book one the PC's get Geas'd...
>>
>>54146320
Ra-ra-Rasputin, lover of the Russian queen?
>>
>>54146366
Yes. Rasputin. Grigori Rasputin. He's a level 18 oracle.

For fucks sake book 5 is named 'RASPUTIN MUST DIE'
>>
Is Everyman Unchained's Fighter any good?
>>
File: ErosUnleashed.pdf (307KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
ErosUnleashed.pdf
307KB, 1x1px
Gentlemen, BEHOLD

Since /pfg/ loves to include "Lewd Bullshit" in their games, here's some homebrew lovingly stitched together from a wide variety of hentai tropes. Also with - hopefully - solid enough mechanics that if desired one could divorce some of them from the lewd for regular use. I had no idea what I was doing with the Aspirant stuff, so please forgive if that's kinda clunky and out of whack.
>>
>>54146620
Don't we have a book of lewd things already?
>>
>>54146663
I dunno. I mostly did this for shits and giggles.
>>
>>54146663

Pathfinder vices isn't that great i dont think. I mean it presumes that a chunni ratfolk has double Ds instead of being a washboard instead.
>>
>>54146663
vices = garbage
>>
>>54146713

Are there any good charts for PC measurements?
>>
>>54146739
No, just make them up
>>
File: GoldPineResin.png (77KB, 199x254px) Image search: [Google]
GoldPineResin.png
77KB, 199x254px
>>54146620

So long as we're posting homebrew. Here's something i dug up. I forget who makes it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PaDY-t_DNOt7OI3cwpFnSO8pINABD_0u1_Gps5nGsbE/edit
>>
>>54146002
>Afterlife/Great Beyond Campaign
I always wanted to do one in Carceri, go nth-dimensional prison plane hopping until you can work your way to a portal to the outside or a relic to get you out.
"I feel like running pirates today. You're on a fuckin boat."
"I feel like CAVE EXPLORER today."
"I feel like making you navigate fragile spider silk bridges over endless lakes of spiders today."
"I feel like dropping you in what looks like a completely regular town and waiting for your paranoia to make you start murdering people."
>>
File: mask.jpg (231KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
mask.jpg
231KB, 1680x1050px
Well as long as we're dropping homebrew i'll pop this again

tomorrow i'm gonna hammer out domination artes if it kills me.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R1ciOvRgD0jD3jFiakb0A2vV_a2jAXzLp-BSjpl0J_c/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>54146620
Game running around this when?
>>
>>54146793
Phantasms is absurdly powerful. It's basically a 50/50 chance of each attack against them until it stops something. Each round. And gets better and better really quickly.
>>
>>54146824
Phantasms doesn't work like Mirror image though? And it never says that it does, in fact you and your phantasms may be in very different squares.
>>
>>54146620
>sign of the lifgegiver
>magic womb tattoos that make women into thicc breeding sows
jesus fucking christ anon
>>
>>54146832
I assumed that they were to work as Mirror Image, given that they were specified as being perfectly identical even under abnormal senses.
If they're supposed to be obviously unreal or distinct, that should be made explicit.
>>
>>54146620
Astral Manse best final clause
>>
>>54146900
No, they just don't function like mirror image. In any way. Nothing about their description has something that says 'a chance to hit a phantasm'

They're separate entirely, they do look perfectly identical, but they also have their own disctinct HP pool, movement, AC, Saves, ect.
>>
>>54146926
Then, if A and his phantasm are in the same square, how is it determined which an attack is resolved against?
Does the attacker just say "the real one" and slap them?

What about if A and his phantasm move to different squares, is it evident which one is A and which is the phantasm?
>>
>>54146959
Overlap case needs to be addressed

If they move to different squares, its not obvious which one is A and which one is the phantasm
>>
>>54146971
If it's not obvious which is which when they separate, then it logically wouldn't be obvious before they separate.
Therefore it would function as a constantly refreshing Mirror Image, would it not?
>>
If they're both in the same square then the assailant needs to "choose" which one they're going to hit, while Mirror Image just basically gives you a fancily described miss chance against targeted attacks that declines over time as confirmed hits and near-misses whittle away at your number of images.
>>
>>54146990
No, Mirror image is a miss chance, constantly refreshing mirror image is too strong mechanically

>>54147012
Realistically if they're in the same square the best way to do that is to flip a coin, not ideal, thats basically mirror image
>>
>>54146878
Yes, and?
>>
>>54147049
My dick can only be so hard
>>
Are poppets worth a damn? Will you be crafting an army of tiny constructs to maintain your house while you adventure?
>>
Making a wizard for 5 level game without 3pp. Probably without level increase.
Specialty - mostly buffs. Without familiar. I have Craft Wondrous Items and discovery, that adds int to cmd (and don't want other discoveries).

Problem is - I still have 2 free feats and don't know what to take.

I don't want to bother with metamagic. And while feats like Improved Initiative or Toughness are good ol' boring possibilities, I'm asking you - maybe there is something more interesting? Or flavorful.
>>
>>54147019
You could always have the phantasms spawn in adjacent spaces, and leave it to the opponent to try to track which is which. I think making it a memory game could work nicely.
>>
>>54146990
>>54147019
Constantly refreshing mirror Image is a 3PP mythic magic item.
>>
>>54146971
>If they move to different squares, its not obvious which one is A and which one is the phantasm
In which case you've got a constantly refreshing Mirror Image going on against anybody the user doesn't directly attack.
>>
>>54147157

If you're buffing you should take improved initiative for sure. Buff supporting is basically the most dull playstyle possible so there aren't really any interesting things to do with it.
>>
File: no love deep web.png (204KB, 481x360px) Image search: [Google]
no love deep web.png
204KB, 481x360px
I need to play an angry hobo skald as soon as possible, what is the best way, mechanically, to use this theme?
>>
>>54147157
Get Possessed Hand and Hand's Autonomy, so you can slap people and blame the ghost. It's also chuuni as fuck, so if that's your thing, great.
>>
>>54147342
Don't buy a house? Basic skald shit, probably go for Oratory and Sing for your hobo songs and telling anybody who'll listen your life story. I mean, there isn't much mechanically besides being broke at chargen and not owning or renting a house that supports the theme of not owning a house.
>>
File: 6bcc.jpg (91KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
6bcc.jpg
91KB, 640x482px
>>54147323
Imp.Init. is always an option.

>>54147356
This feats are hilarious!
>>
File: 2c3.jpg (159KB, 858x931px) Image search: [Google]
2c3.jpg
159KB, 858x931px
Guys, I had a dream.
A dream where there would be a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. themed game set in the Mana Wastes.
Does anyone else think this would be great, or should I get out of here stalker?
>>
>>54147471

I think that'd be fun.
>>
>>54147174
that could work well, yeah
>>
>>54146063
I'd actually like something vaguely atypical for the setting, that makes perfect sense in the wider context of the world.

Like, say, a daemon incursion or cultist plot, the classic fire and brimstone variety, except set in the Land of the Linnorm Kings.

Or a shard or module of the Destiny starship, buried under the glaciers of northernmost Golarion, unconnected to the Iron Gods Adventure Path.

As odd as it sounds, I think the most boring thing would be if it was just Linnorm Kings and Linnorm stuff doing Linnorm things, dealing exclusively with things relating to the region like a self-contained universe.
>>
When it comes to becoming good at playing full casters like wizard or druid to the point that I can naturally pick out the best spell for the situation and prepare accordingly, its mainly experience isnt it? I always see myself as a bad full caster player and wonder how much should I worry about it
>>
>>54146063
Anyone still have the creation rules for the Linnorm game? At this point, I'm not sure if there's actually a game upcoming or not, but since I'm theorycrafting either way, I was hoping someone saved it.
>>
>>54147761
It's knowing the habits of your particular GM. And\or preparing spells, that will be handy almost every day (like Grease, Haste, etc). If you have problems with that - take ready made spelllist from someone and try to play with it, figuring out why every spell there and how you can use it in the situation at hand. Google something like "pathfinder best wizard spells per level", and you'll get a lot of results, with spells and explanations on why people think that spells are good.
>>
>>54146111
>Mostly humans
I would love this, as long as it includes near-humans like aasimar, tieflings, and fetchlings of the not-wild-and-fucking-crazy (4e->) variety.

I will apply with a vikingized not!-Rasputin.

>>54146195
>What if I build up a bunch of foreshadowing that the dungeon boss is a wereraptor, but when they actually show up it turns out he's a were lobster
10/10

>>54146180
>half-orcs on the islands
Tell me more.
>>
>>54147471
but the setting of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or at least its inspiration makes a lot more sense in Numeria
>>
W-what do you guys think about Noriel's new art? Hopefully she's less of a slutty titty monster now.
>>
>>54147946
Literally who?
>>
>>54148012
WotR app.
>>
>>54147801
All I remember is:
>Level 3
>Full HP
>Two traits, one optional drawback.
>Feat Tax Rules (http://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/)

There was more, but I don't remember.
>>
>>54148016
I'm not sure why anyone is applying to that game. The GM is a mong and the creation rules blow.
>>
>>54148029
I love those creation rules, tho.
And I'm giving the DM the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>54147801
>>54148023
here:
>>53898005
>Starting level 3
>WBL
>25 point-buy
>full HP every level
>Feat Tax rules
>2 traits 1 drawback
>Path of War allowed

But what the fuck is "WBL"?
>>
>>54148155
wealth by level
>>
How much interest would there be in a dungeon crawl? 25 PB, level 1~10 ish, single class but 3PP open. I've had a hankering lately for some dungeon delving and have been thinking of running something.
>>
>>54148171
Ah.

H.. how much wealth would that be?
>>
>>54148711
Literally look it up, faggot.
>>
>>54148029
The creation rules are incredible and the only reason I haven't bailed yet.
>>
>>54148711
Three thousand (3,000) gold.
>>
Was the Orc Butcher's Axe 1h or 2h? It's not up on the PFSRD yet.
>>
>>54148815
2h
>>
>>54148770
So 1000 per level? Neato, thanks!

>>54148718
I wouldn't even know where to start fucking looking, faggot.
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 230x587px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 230x587px
>>54148825
>So 1000 per level?
not exactly
>>
>>54148825
Not 1k per level.
Scales in a semiexponential fashion.
Also, simply look up pathfinder WBL.
Or just look at this fine fellow's post. >>54148836
>>
>>54148825
Literally fucking google "Pathfinder WBL"
It's one of the first results
>>
>>54148836
>>54148840
Fucking sweet, thanks a lot.
>>
So, Path of war.

Player is playing a warlord.

Devastating Rush
Discipline: Primal Fury (Strike); Level: 2
Initiation Action: 1 standard action
Range: Melee attack
Target: One creature or object
Duration: Instant
DESCRIPTION
The disciple performing this attack executes a powerful attack that rushes in past a foe's defenses to shatter them completely. The initiator inflicts an additional 2d6 points of damage upon a successful attack and his strike ignores the damage reduction of a subject or the hardness of an object he is attacking.

This is a second level Primal Fury maneuver. It ignores all hardness and DR, meaning you can wreck shit on everything.

Then, there is this:

Impaling Strike
Discipline: Primal Fury (Strike); Level: 4
Prerequisite(s): One Primal Fury maneuver
Initiation Action: 1 standard action
Range: Melee attack
Target: One creature
Duration: Instant
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
DESCRIPTION
The disciple who has reached this level of mastery in the art of Primal Fury has learned that by striking to a foe's heart and center with a singular but powerful blow, it causes the foe's ability to withstand punishment to falter. The initiator makes an attack against his target and if successful, inflicts an additional 4d6 points of damage to this attack which ignores damage reduction. The target must make a Fortitude save (DC 14 + primary initiation modifier) or suffer an additional 1d4 points of Constitution damage from being hit in a vital area. Targets immune to critical hits are not subject to this Constitution damage.

So…by the horrible wording here, it shows like the only damage that goes through DR is the extra 4d6, and not the entire attack. My question is, whether that is intended, or is it just poorly worded and all damage should go through? Is the 1d4 Con damage thing worth that the maneuver is two levels higher than a maneuver whose entire damage goes through DR?
>>
>>54149321

All the maneuvers that debuff generally suck
>>
>>54149337
But I want to thrust deep into an enemy and cause them to sweat at just how utterly stuffed they've been!
>>
>>54149337
>Path of war generally sucks

Fixed that for you.

>>54149321
Sounds like a shitty maneuver to me while the level 2 one sounds broken like most of PoW shit.
>>
>>54149321
Assume they couldn't afford an editor, the attack ignores DR, it'll get fixed in errata.
>>
>>54149321
If you want to get picky with the semantics:

>inflicts an ADDITIONAL 4d6 points of damage to THIS attack
>which ignores damage reduction
The wording is super-shitty, because it differs from an expected standard format or something, but to be clear, the damage is added to the attack if it is successful, and the attack ignores damage reduction.
>>
File: 73e4d7ffb738a764b8bc9d49ffd12f62.jpg (203KB, 1190x842px) Image search: [Google]
73e4d7ffb738a764b8bc9d49ffd12f62.jpg
203KB, 1190x842px
http://archivesofnethys.com/MysteryDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Solar

>Sun Stride: You can travel between areas of natural sunlight as if by means of a dimension door spell. This ability does not function in areas of less than bright light, though it does work within the area of a daylight spell. At 5th level, you can sun stride up to 40 feet per day; this can be a single stride of 40 feet or four strides of 10 feet each. At 9th level and every 4 levels thereafter, the distance you can sun stride doubles (80 feet at 9th level, 160 feet at 13th level, and 32 feet at 17th level). This amount can be split among many strides, but each one, no matter how small, counts as a 10-foot increment. You must be at least 5th level to select this revelation.

Is this non-magical, non-supernatural teleportation?
>>
>>54149378
>extra 2d6 and overcomes DR
>broken

Nah man, strong but not broken. Especially considering the number of creatures with noticeable DR around this level.

Hint: An optimized Broken Blade user will still deal more damage.
>>
>>54149599
It isn't (Ex.) if that's what you're asking.
>>
How smug is your character?
>>
What's the single best Trait you can think of, now that Heirloom Weapon has been buttfucked into uselessness?
>>
>>54149599
Now I sorta want to do a Shadow Bloodrager and pair it up with someone running a Solar Oracle. They're estranged twins of questionable parentage.

Together they fight crime.
>>
>>54149599
>as if by means of a dimension door spell.
>spell

>Is this non-magical, non-supernatural teleportation?
Is it specifically noted to work like a spell? Yes.
Is it specifically noted to be an Extraordinary ability (Ex.)? No.
>>
>>54147097
Yes and hell yes.
>>
>>54149655
>beautifully proportioned limbs
>perfect orcish skin with a bronze sheen
>polished tusks of singing steel
p. smug
>>
>>54149703
>as if by
Doesn't mean "it's a spell."
>>
>>54149703
Except it's not noted to be spell-like ability, but has no classification at all, which might or might not be an oversight.
>>
>>54146620

Cringe.
>>
>>54149745
>it's not a spell!
>it just works exacly like one, smells li,e one, looks like one and behaves like one
Sure, son, whatever you say.
>>
File: Muscle Wizard.jpg (35KB, 480x246px) Image search: [Google]
Muscle Wizard.jpg
35KB, 480x246px
We still posting homebrew this thread?
>Breacher Rogue
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16M8wBbEHyZNQvv_YPiXEJgL7ZX_OA8i_8AQXLpL9nZ4/edit
>Bulletproof Monk
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vtIwVbd3b5MN0uywzrSz9xGfQ-dDlACu_eIKexi3its/edit
>Comet Tail Rogue
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12fY7dedyC26em1DALgUyc5iM7OGAEdr6Qz94Q3wVxXY/edit
>Forge Warden Fighter
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qoJozyiVWR5Twr1Kty0uUkL10hRhf2lvUeKMumkiQMw/edit
>Haunted Brawler
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h1Qy9R-R61MjcVuw3tjfZBsnMGKkgObmmYItDE6XIkc/edit
>Living Bomb Alchemist
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x_fRxjP-PJWC942J4u4R13dkNsqqgHnE-bMHLqoUJiQ/edit
>Medisniper Alchemist
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bzEv2XaMJRZp1cpDg8mUqWe7PmZoYrm7JC6NeP6AjIs/edit
>One of Many Vigilante
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H7wr5FBnvhH7C2m_azoxT0mh3jTWjnVTwHjVW9tiZB4/edit
>Ragechemist Alchemist (Homebrew)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H8JTDT-ZAcmg2CDD7h7DqKXuNuGcrJwIlML3ble0Vvk/edit
>Tower Gunner Gunslnger
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NmmQacDlubjR1kFxSo4v3e8PjUMWhnEp8e4JSJrT9Ws/edit
>>
How do you roleplay an assassin that happens to be mother?
>>
>>54149997
Black Canary.
>>
>>54149997
When your target is tied to a chair, you show them pictures of your little sweetheart/s.
>>
Who do you want to see in the WotR party?
https://strawpoll.com/fraer9x
>>
>>54149997
Black Widow :^)
>>
>>54149974
Someone add this to the OP.
>>
>>54149997
Same way whores can have boyfriends; just because you kill people for a living doesn't mean you can't have people you love.
>>
>>54150015
Do it yourself, lazybones.
>>
>>54150015
I'd be flattered, but it's just a bunch of dumb homebrew which is questionably balanced anon.
>>
>>54149745
>>54149902
I looked at the mystery again and the only other revelation that isn't tagged as anything is Starlight Agility, which gives you some combat feats. If you consider that other feat revelations like that are tagged as (Ex.) and the Solar mystery doesn't seem to have any (Ex.) revelations, it is very likely that Sun Stride is an (Ex.) ability.
>>
>>54150040
https://pastebin.com/nL5kcKsU
Fag
>>
>>54150009
>Dat top 6
>Basically the confirmed picks with Cyrielle as the sixth

THREE LADYKNIGHTS, TWO MEN, ONE TITTYMONSTER.
>>
Suggest me methods/lines to begin writting a backstory, "he grew up in...", "this place taught her..."
>>
>>54150158
We have to make something cute to counter.
>>
>>54150009
>tfw I don't shill myself hard enough
>>
>>54150190
Bethany is an absurdly voluptuous albino with leg and eye problems, Cyrielle is an outgoing sex Kitten with some killer claws, Ruhiel is a fat-chested shy girl and Seraphina is a blonde bombshell that takes care of children in her spare time.

How do you get cuter than those.
>>
>>54150104
Except it's noted as working just like a spell. Absolutely nothing gives an indication that it's not Supernatural.
>>
File: 1460936131295.png (616KB, 632x738px) Image search: [Google]
1460936131295.png
616KB, 632x738px
>>54149974
But actually though, if anyone's got some feedback for those archetypes please comment either here or on the docs themselves, refining things is always good.
>>
>>54150378
Just because you emulate the effect of a spell doesn't mean it is always magical. For example:
>Star Chart (Ex): Your copious notes contain a working model of the night sky expressed in artistic scribbles and arcane mathematical formulae. Once per day, you may spend 10 minutes contemplating your star chart to gain the benefit of the spell commune. You must be at least 7th level to select this revelation.
>>
>>54150527
>(Ex)
>>
>>54150544
Yes, a nonmagical ability gives you the effect of a commune spell, that's exaclty my point.
>>
>>54150585
Sun stride doesn't say (Ex.)
>>
>>54150670
See
>>54150104
>>
>>54150694
If it doesn't say (Ex.), then I'd straight up tag it as a SLA.
>>
How would you make a western version of Cao Cao?
>>
>>54150708
Then why didn't the book tag it as an SLA like the Sungazer revelation?
>>
>>54150721
Give Cao Cao a wide rim hat and shave his beard. Boom, western Cao Cao.
>>
>>54150721
A harsh warmonger who does it to maintain the unity of a broken empire? I'd pin a Western equivalent as someone like Emperor Heraclius or Bismarck.
>>
>>54150745
If it's (Ex.) then why didn't the book tag it as (Ex.)?
>>
>>54150771
Because the writers of that mystery forgot to actually tag the (Ex.) abilities as such. All revelations of every other mystery are either (Sp.), (Su.) or (Ex.) with no untagged ones. The Solar mystery has revelations that are (Sp.), (Su.) and untagged. What do you think is more likely?
>>
>>54150844
I think that having it operate exactly like a spell means that by default it should be considered an SLA until the writers tell us otherwise.
>>
>>54150527
That is noted as being Extraordinary. Also, it is NOT noted as working like a spell, you merely gain the benefits of one. Huge difference.
>>
>>54150844
The most likely is that since it's a very obvious reversl of a well-established Supernatural ability (Shadow Jump) and is clearly noted as working like a spell, with no indications of it being Extraordinary in any way (how fucking hard do you need to reach to interpret fucking teleport as an extraordinary feat of movement, what the fuck), it's likely a Supernatural ability.
>>
>>54150855
The writers told us it's not an SLA by not adding the (Sp.) tag.
>>
>>54150855
This. RAW it's SLA, and RAI it's most likely (Su.).
>>
>>54150916
And therefore it's (Ex.)?
>>
>>54150925
Just like Starlight Agility, which is clearly (Ex.) and also has no tag.
>>
>>54150939
>Starlight Agility
>gives you free combat (fighter) feats
>an ability that grants you Dimension Door, an iconic [spell], should be assumed to be exactly the same, despite Shadow Jump being Supernatural and this ability specifically saying working exactly like a spell
I'm not buying it mate sorry, take it up with your DM if you want to teleport inside an antimagic field.
>>
>>54150939
Starlight Agility is clealrly meant to be (Ex.), but Sunstride is equally obviously meant to be (Su.). There's literally no reason to think otherwise. It is very clearly a light-based Shadow Jump, and it's clearly stated to work like a spell, with no stated exceptions.
>>
File: Chosen Undead Girl.jpg (138KB, 850x862px) Image search: [Google]
Chosen Undead Girl.jpg
138KB, 850x862px
Alright, I've got about half an hour to try and build this NPC.

For those of you who didn't notice/care, Tome-Smiter is now a stand alone class, link below. I'm considering dropping the progression to 5casting depending on how these builds feel.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ok-SUykx6s891dxdccwYBjm0MyVuTrstxtduVAHoCfc/edit?usp=sharing

If you want to weigh in on it as I work, the feedback is appreciated.
>>
>>54150975
>>54150992
How would a literal fucking teleport even work like an Extraordinary ability? It's all kinds of fucking wat.
>>
>>54150995
WHAT NPC ARE YOU MAKING

TELL US
>>
>>54151026
In theory, it'd be the extraordinary ability to step out of phase with the rest of reality, and then enter back into it somewhere else.

The only thing I can see that working for are fucking eldritch abominations, though.
>>
>>54151026
I mean, to be fair - punching a hole in the world and using it as a wormhole would look like teleportation.
>>
>>54151026
somehow biologically tapping into the drift?
>>
>>54151031
If it matters beyond the fact that I'm working with the Tome-Smiter homebrew...?

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4781218/npcs-dont-post/?pageforid=4781812#post-4781812
>>
>>54150992
So you think it's just a coincidence that those two revelations are the only ones without a proper tag?
>>
Apart from the obvious issues with getting less skill points, is there anything negative about dumping Int to 8 for a Bloodrager? I'm hesitant because I do love my skill points, but I'm MAD and it actually really fits the character.

Also, any negatives with leaving Dex at 11 for someone that's probably going to primarily rely on assraping things with an axe? And yes, obviously I'm new.
>>
>>54151095
It's an oversight.
>>
>>54151063
>>54150995
>Vult
Kill yourself.
>>
>>54151095
Coincidence? No, I think it's sloppy editing. Are you seriously retarded enough to think that they specifically left out specifically the (Ex.) from those two abilities, because they were both (Ex.)? What kind of fucking backwards logic is that?
>>
>>54151152
You too :^)
>>
If we are all Vult, no-one is Vult.
>>
>>54151136
Low dex affects AC and reflex saves. Low int means you're worse at knowledge skills, but if you're playing the idiot, that might not concern you.
>>
>>54151187
DEUS VULT
>>
vult is a faggit
>>
>>54150995
Instead of trying to stat some garbage out in a rush, why not just fudge it? You are the GM, you can do that. Also make generic templates for stuff next time if you don't like chocolatey fudge goodness.
>>
How are different levels of composite priced for the Hornbow? I saw one price(130, I think) in the book, and I'm assuming that's +0. Did I just miss something?
>>
>>54151279
Vult only has eyes for tail pussy.
>>
>>54151327
There's nothing said RAW at all, but it's reasonable to assume it goes like 130/260/390 for +0/+1/+2, similarly to the other two types of composite bows.
>>
>>54151366
Yeah, figured I should do it like that. It'll be pricey, but such is life.
>>
>>54150995
>>54150995
So, at level 3, taking Way of the Blade to get EWP (Katana) and Way of the Fist to get an extra attack

Assuming, Locked On was triggered during engagement, and spellsmite begins round one

Cat has 19 AC (16 from armor, +3 from spellsmite)

She hits with her Katana for +8 (2 flanking, +1 katana, +5 BAB and Str, -1 Power Attack, -2 to punch, +1 Way of the Blade,+1 Weapon Focus) to deal 1d8+8 damage 18-20/x2
Then punches for +6 (5 BAB, +2/-2 Flank/Punch, +1 from spellsmite) to deal 1d6+3
Spellsmite is being held until a crit is confirmed to deal an additional 3d8+3 damage, at which point her AC returns to 16 and will have to spend another spell next turn to reactivate

>>54151313
Because Cat is a recurring NPC
>>
>>54151407
>She hits with her Katana for +8 (2 flanking, +1 katana, +5 BAB and Str, -1 Power Attack, -2 to punch, +1 Way of the Blade,+1 Weapon Focus) to deal 1d8+8 damage 18-20/x2
>Then punches for +6 (5 BAB, +2/-2 Flank/Punch, +1 from spellsmite) to deal 1d6+3
Doesn't sound particularly impressive tbqh.
>>
>>54151419
Well, she could be doing more with feats, but I gave her Fast Healing 1 from Bloodforge and VMC Barbarian, so she could activate her rage to boost her damage some more.

There's also the fact that she's only using a level 1 to spellsmite with, and next level she gets Flourish to start providing buffs/debuffs. I could have minmaxed her attributes a bit more (16, 10, 14, 12, 13, 16), but I hate dumping stats.

I think the class as a whole is stronger going the dex route and getting the level 5 ability To Walk Unhindered, Unharmed, and get Cha to Armor AC while in clothing, as well as dex to AC, and Cha to AC through spellsmite, and sitting there flourishing every round to inspire your allies.
>>
R8 my feat.

>Thousand Cuts (Combat)

Prerequisites: Weapon Focus with a melee slashing or piercing weapon, Power Attack

Benefit: As a standard action you may make a single melee attack with a slashing or piercing weapon with which you have weapon focus against a creature. This attack deals no damage to the creature struck. As an immediate action you may cause any number of creatures within 30 feet of you that you have struck within the last 10 rounds while using this feat to take bleed damage equal to the maximum melee damage you dealt with the attack. This bleed stacks with itself and lasts for 1 round, plus 1 round for every 5 points of BAB (2 rounds at 5 BAB, 3 rounds at 10 BAB, and so on).

Special: You can combine the benefits of this feat with other special actions that require a standard action or full round action to perform a single attack, such as Vital Strike, Death or Glory, Spring Attack, and the Sword Saint Samurai’s Iaijitsu Strike. Feats such as Cleave and Whirlwind Attack cannot gain the benefits of this feat.

Combat Trick: You may spend 10 stamina to gain the benefits of this feat with every attack you make until the end of your turn. The bleed damage in this case is equal to the maximum total damage of all the attacks that hit their targets. Feats such as Cleave and Whirlwind Attack can also benefit from this feat in this circumstance.
>>
Guys I need some Ideas. I have to DM a Game tomorrow, group is about to go into a Dungeon with a Eldritch Horror theme and I prepared absolutely nothing.

Help.
>>
>>54151480
Play a shitton of Darkest Dungeon.
>>
>>54151480
Look up that AP about horror shit, poach stuff from there.
>>
>>54151197
>but if you're playing the idiot, that might not concern you.
Yeah, nah, he's a moron, so that's fine, thanks. I was mostly worried I'd miss out on some feat of some kind that could be important even for a smashy-smashy dude.
>>
>>54151478
If I make my fists slashing, could this be used with pummeling style? It's a full-round action to make a single attack.
>>
>>54151546
Pummeling Style isn't a single attack and you know it. If you use the combat trick though yes, it'd work with unarmed strikes.
>>
>>54151536
There are feats that require something like 13 int. If you aren't afraid to eventually dip, you can get around that prereq by taking a level in Brawler, I think. They aren't necessarily essential. Low dex locks you out of TWF, I believe.
>>
ORGLASH BONEBLADE here, looking for some input on what can be considered reasonable to DM:s that aren't functionally retarded, since I can't ask a DM directly.

Orglash is intended to be an orc aasimar, so I would like to replace the Aasimar's Skilled and/or Celestial Resistance (especially the former) for something reasonably Orky, looking at the Half-Orc and Orc for ideas that won't make the DM look at me like I'm trying to slip shit past him.

I was considering Sacred Tattoo, which normally replaces the Half-Orc's Orc Ferocity, which is also replaceable by a number of +Skill alternate traits, making it arguable that they're worth about the same, but at the same time, I can't help but to feel like it's cheese, given how powerful Sacred Tattoo actually is, no matter how well it would fit the character.

Any other ideas that sound cool and that you'd think would be acceptable to most DM:s?

And Linnorm DM if you're here and still intend to run a game, feel free to respond directly desu.
>>
Well, what started off as making a shitty Aldori Swordlord homebrew has now spiralled into me trying to write a Aldori discipline without it becoming bootleg Scarlet Throne.

I blame Princess Bride and The Duelists for this.
>>
>>54151591
My GM uses it as a single attack, which prevents effective use of Hammer the Gap, Two-Weapon Rend, and some Hamatulatsu shenanigans.

Anyway, as soon as you start spamming it with Vital Strike, the damage will get pretty high, though it'll be far more dependent on luck and specific weapon builds, so I'm not sure. Have you run the numbers on the damage? 6d6 is possible on a Butcher Axe, and hitting for 12d6 the first round, then 24d6 the second by stacking the bleed effect might be high. I'm really not sure, giving it a cursory glance, and I'm too busy phoneposting on the toilet to run the numbers.
>>
>>54151649
But... Scarlet Throne is already an Aldori discipline. It's literally one-handed swordsmanship built around grace and nobility.
>>
Has anybody tried armor as DR? How did it work out for you?
>>
File: 2b_thinking_with_coffee.png (137KB, 540x460px) Image search: [Google]
2b_thinking_with_coffee.png
137KB, 540x460px
>>54151669
Yeah, I'm not really great at running the numbers like that either, although I don't think it'll be too much more? It's basically the same thing as doing the normal attack, but bleed is easily stopped or just ignored.

That's why feedback is good, I'm not 100% sure on how the numbers are.

I just wanted to make the dumb/cool guy slashes another guy who bleeds a minute later thing.
>>
>>54152114
How would this interact with Strikes?
>>
>>54150158
I think I'm starting to ship Leofric and Frederick with Cyrielle performing the ceremony.
>>
>>54150158
Who's the tittymonster?
>>
>>54152228
There's only one real tiddymonster out of WotR apps.
>>
>>54152228
Bethany, Seraphina and Ruhiel have massive mammaries but the albino's chest is absurdly large compared to them.
>>
>>54152077
Don't work with the numbers and enemies you face in Pathfinder. Too many who can still kill you in a single full-round action and others just laugh as they use disintegrate on you repeatedly.
>>
>>54152226
That sound disgustingly cute anon.

>>54152228
Ruhiel
>>
>>54152077
Good Lord that image makes me wish Shields weren't so shit. I want to make a sword and board Inquisitor, but I know it's objectively worse than just doing a much less expensive expensive 2H build, in both feats and effort.
plus I'm already choking on feats as-is
>>
>>54152228
Three Ladyknights
>Ruhiel, Seraphina, Cyrielle

Two men
>Frederich, Leofric

One tittymonster
>Bethany
>>
>>54152258
>Seraphina
>Massive mammaries

I mean, they're probably more than a handful but could we really call them large?
>>
>>54152207
It probably would, which is a problem I think. Not sure what to do with that though, beyond "doesn't work with strikes."
>>
>>54152309
They're Valeriya big, but not Onryou big.
>>
>>54152260
Hmm. That's unfortunate. Thanks for the info, though.
>>
>>54152344
Fuck me. This just made me realize that Bethany is the missing element from our boobhat pyramid! Ruhiel boobhatting Onryou boobhatting Bethany boobhatting Elsbeth.
>>
>>54152390
The amusing thing about this is the breasts are also getting larger, so the boob tower starts to thicken out near the base. Like a pyramid of tits.
>>
>>54152310
Well, it's fine not to work with Strikes. Vital Strike doesn't. Strikes can also have effects like tripping and such, so not complicating it by separating them is practical.
>>
>>54149706
Are you thinking standard poppets or are thou going to slap some modifications on them so they can move furniture?
>>
>>54152344
Where does Foxtits fit into this
>>
>>54152659
Foxtits is Valeriya+, which is to say an extremely busty woman who isn't unnaturally busty.
>>
>>54152689
I want Foxtits to Ufufufu~! At me and then smother me with her fluffy tail
>>
I'm sure there was a feat to threaten adjacent squares with a reach weapon in 3.5 - maybe in the PHB2. Does anyone remember it?
>>
>>54152843
Nevermind, found it. It's "Short haft", but it requires swift actions to switch between short and normal range. I'd rather carry a backup weapon.
>>
>>54152843
I think POW:E also has a feat for this.
>>
/pfg/, I come to you with an alignment query. (God help me)

Hypothetical situation:
You're a Good aligned character, and you're expected to continue being Good if you plan to continue receiving your class benefits.
Your party comes upon an individual in the distance who you know to be an Evil spellcaster, someone who has done some shit in the past they need punishing for. This caster is surrounded by 8 slaves, and those slaves look quite a bit like Zombies. You've got the jump on him, so you take a moment to use Detect Magic to make sure that they are Zombies, because you know this particular caster might also be adept at Charm/Dominate, so you focus the spell, and it pings Necromancy. You can't identify the spell used, but you can definitely tell it's Necromancy, and the people all look and act like Zombies, with a shuffling gait, and moaning, and the whole deal.
You have the knowledge to back up that it might be an elaborate trick and that they're Charmed people who just look like Zombies, but you know that if that were the case, your Detect Magic would have pinged Enchantment, instead of Necromancy.

Cont.
>>
I am in a bit of a character creation block here. My GM friend intends to run a gestalt game where the starting level is 17 which is something I am not used to dealing with. I initially had an idea of wizard/druid but I had to discard it due to chances of a headache in dealing with a huge spell list on top of microing the character, his cohort companion and summons

While I am trying to find another inspiration, just what kind of classes remain relevant at level 17 and likely wont cause me to get too confused in handling them? While I usually play martials, I fear level 17 might make it hard to feel relevant

P.S did /paizo games general/ not take off as a thread name?
>>
>>54153149
So your party begins combat, and quickly afterward, you find that red blood is coming out of these people. You consider telling your party that the people may still be alive, but you don't have proof of that, you don't know if those living people might just be Evil servants anyway, and you know that you can't waste actions on saving these people, because the Evil caster has solid methods of escaping the combat, and taking him down to stop this shit is a major priority.

So you tell everyone out-of-game that if their character doesn't ask about the red blood, you aren't going to offer that knowledge for no reason. You, yourself, aren't going to kill any of these people, but you're not going to put much work into stopping others from killing them.
In fact, as the fight progresses, you save and heal 5 of the 8 of them, the other 3 having been killed by the party's Druid, who explicitly stated that they didn't care whether or not they were Zombies.

On a scale from 1-10, 1 being a nearly irrelevant act that makes no real difference to your alignment, and 10 being a very significant act that results in an immediate drop to True Neutral, where would you score the choice not to vocalize the fact that this may have been an elaborate trick and that some of these people may have been alive and innocent?
>>
>>54153162
>>
>>54148702
Sounds like fun. What is the Dungeon's gimmick?

Is it a public ally viewable American Gladiator/ Ninja Warrior thing?
Is it a Streets of Rage/ The Warriors like crawl through an inhabited Dungeon?
Or maybe is it closer to Mad World's city where color commentary and points are awarded for interesting environmental kills?
>>
>>54153162
0, trying far too hard to create a false moral quandary.
It also works on the idea that it is inherently evil to strike back against creatures that actively threaten your life, which is not supported in any edition at any point.
>>
>>54153162
0. You failed to save everyone due to your incapacity of being able to save everyone, not due to choosing not to at no other expense. And you still saved 5 of them anyways.

>>54153157
Is Path of War or Psionics allowed?
>>
>>54153351
They are allowed, my GM friend's games are pretty laissez-faire for classes, PoW and psionics are a common staple.
>>
So I'm building a dual purpose druid (caster/melee focus). Going with human as my race, putting my ability score bonus into Wis. I'm curious though, would Dual Talent be worth going with for two +2 ability scores, or is it not worth giving up the extra feat and skill stuff?

As I'm sure I'm looking at a lot of feat starvation by going with a melee/caster type character, I'm not sure the extra +2 is worth losing the bonus feat at level one.

Advice?
>>
>>54153162
you are breaking your back setting up a situation in which you then would judge based on regular people morality and hindsight rather than generic fantasy 'gods say what is good if they dictate class fee-fees' morality.

With all that said. The usual wording people are concerned with includes the phrase 'Willingly commits an evil act'. It is not as if you personally rammed your blade through some peasant fuck to kill a dangerous dude using them as a human shield (and even then, you would get by with a prayer for the person crossfired and a bit of atonement with or without the loss of powers)
>>
Probably a stupid question, but could a traditional paladin be a worshipper of Cayden?
>>
>>54153388
Alright. You'll either want Aegis or Soulknife on one side of the gestalt, and Warlord or Warder on the other. These are the simplest psionic classes available, which still have decent utility. To avoid MAD, Soulknife has an archetype that swaps it to Cha (and one to Int, but that one is more complex); and Warder has a Wis-based archetype. Although then, neither Soulknife nor Aegis require more than 13 in their mental stat, so you can run them with Warlord as is no-probs.
>>
>>54153471
Unfortunately not, according to the Devs. But fuck their opinions, Paladins should have just been "Any Good" From the Start.
>>
>>54153499
LG NG rather. CG really doesn't mesh well with "We have a code and we fucking keep to it" since almost all chaotic gods' chaotic part is "Do whatever as long as it's within my domain" as compared to "Do this thing specifically and follow this code always"
>>
>>54153471
The only way by RAW is to asK your GM if you can be a Paladin of Freedom from 3e but then thats not a traditional Paladin

>>54153489
Thanks anon, I'll think about it
>>
>>54153471

olarion paladins have the same deity restrictions (i.e. within one step on either alignment axis) as clerics. So if you were playing a Pathfinder Society game, or using the campaign setting as written, then the answer is no.

That being said, ask your DM!
>>
>>54153521
CG should have been available to the Chosen One archetype, on the basis that you didn't decide to be a paladin, a higher power decided you WERE a paladin.
>>
>>54153593

But anon, Chosen Ones are good kids.
>>
>>54153593
One led into the other, anon. Chosen Ones are people of such purity and Goodness they were chosen as exemplars of their chosen deity.
>>
>>54153691
>>54153754
>Chosen as exemplars of their deity

Hence having CG open, because not just LG deities can pick chosen ones anyway, so why can't they be chosen for a wider variety of reasons?
>>
>>54153840
That's how you get Oracles.
>>
>>54153840
Because Paladins, despite having no mechanical reason to be Lawful, are locked into old-think that says "LAWFUL GOOD GOODEST GOOD".
>>
>>54153860
>>54153926
Call me when Oracles are full BAB with Divine Grace, LoH AND Smite Evil. Oracles can sort of get LoH with the Herbalist archetype, but they're missing the rest.

The point I'm trying to make is less an argument about origin and instead just saying just fucking let us have Paladin of Freedom and other kinds of Paladins in general JJ you gigantic cock gobbling faggot
>>
>>54153948
CHAOTIC GOOD >>>>> LAWFUL GOOD YOU SHIT, LAWFUL IS BAD IS LAWFUL.
>>
>>54153970
I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTANDS YOUR ARGUMENT JAMES, I EXPLICITLY WANT TO NOT BE LAWFUL, YOU SHOULD BE ON BOARD WITH THIS
>>
>>54153970

ARE YOU FINISHED WITH YOUR HOMEWORK, YOUNG MAN?
>>
>>54153993
PALADINS ARE COPS AND COPS ARE BORING BECAUSE THEY DONT LET YOUNG PEOPLE EXPLORE THE WORLD. FUCK YOU MOM. MENGKARE IS EVIL.
>>
>>54153993
LAWFULNESS IS INHERENTLY EVIL, REALLY LAWFUL GOOD SHOULDN'T EXIST AS AN ALIGNMENT
>>
>>54153994
THIS IS WHY LAWFUL GOOD ERASTIL WAS REPLACED WITH CHAOTIC GOOD MILANI.

STAGS HATE FAGS.
>>
>>54153994
YES BUT I DID THE PROBLEMS IN A RANDOM ORDER
>>
>>54153439
I wouldn't take Dual. 1 mod isn't going to break you, and feats and skills are very nice.
>>
>>54152226
Frederick with Seraphina and Bethany with Leofric could be really cute!
>>
>>54154017
IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE SUCH A BITCH ABOUT IT THEN AT LEAST WHORE OUT THE PALADIN'S FEATURES TO ANOTHER CLASS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. A CHARISMA INQUISITOR WITH DIVINE GRACE WOULD BE PRETTY FUCKING RAD AND YOU KNOW IT. MAYBE DROP TEAMWORK FEATS FOR LAY ON HANDS. FUCK I DON'T KNOW MAN.
>>
>>54154099
HOW ABOUT SWASHBUCKLERS, THEY HAVE CHARMED LIFE, THATS ALMOST JUST LIKE DIVINE GRACE
>>
>>54154114
please no
>>
File: 1499185056226.png (1012KB, 700x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499185056226.png
1012KB, 700x720px
>>54154028

Jeez, anon, if you don't want to settle down with a cute doe, just say so.
>>
>>54154114
NOBODY ASKED YOU JIRELLE.
>>
>>54154146
YO I WANNA FUCK THAT FAUN.
>>
File: PZO9293-LictorStought.jpg (151KB, 1000x980px) Image search: [Google]
PZO9293-LictorStought.jpg
151KB, 1000x980px
The enemies of order must be destroyed. Nothing personal kids.
>>
So I don't know where else to post this, but I had some homebrew rules that are supposed to be run with the pathfinder system. I was hoping for some critique; specifically on balance and fun.Please and thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhmecx0byd1w9dc/Updated%20God%20Rules.docx?dl=0
>>
What is the most Slavic country in Golarion and why is it the hippity hoppity get off my River Kingdoms property?
>>
>>54153548
Further, I'd go with Aegis and Warder for an int focus. Warders are pretty defensive, and Aegis will give you silly utility shit like flight, burrow, different vision types, water breathing, etc. while Disciplines will give you a solid combat presence. You could also do Pstchic Armory Soulknife with Mystic for wis to attack, damage, and AC with ranged weaponry. Could be nice for damage shit, and the blade skills provide a few fun options for utility shit. Depending on how complex you want to get, you can take additional multiclass options for a lot of funky concepts.
>>
>>54154177
YO ME TOO
>>
>>54154189

But anon, it's the Order of the Scourge's responsibility to root out and destroy lawlessness. That's the leader of the Order of the Pyre-their job is to hunt witches.
>>
>>54154244
YOOOOOOOO
>>
>>54154336
POST MORE FAUNS
>>
>>54147903
>Tell me more
On the island that White Estrid rules (already known for being more progressive in the actual meaning as opposed to in the SJW meaning, so this is a good thing), half-orcs are a common sight due to the King's understanding that not all half-orcs are evil and that their natural strength, toughness, and intimidating looks make them perfect as fellow vikings!
>>
File: 1499190329164.jpg (2MB, 1200x3300px) Image search: [Google]
1499190329164.jpg
2MB, 1200x3300px
>>54154358
>>
>>54154282

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Hellknights, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Chaos, and I have over 300 confirmed demon kills. I am trained in The Measure and The Chain and I’m the top Signifier in the entire Hellknight Order. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on Golarion, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across Avistan and your location is being divined right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Hellknight Orders and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the Cage, you little shit. If only you could have known what Lawful retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>54154389
YO WHERE IS THIS FROM.
>>
>>54154399
6/10, needs to be Golarionized further.
>>
>>54154404

Battlerite-apparently, they added a new character.
>>
>>54154382
They're not a common sight, as they only stay in the Ironbound Islands for a moment before moving to Averaka, where they FIGHT GIANTS AND TROLLS FOR A LAND OF THEIR OWN.
>>
>>54154433
Someone post the remove Dawnflower one.
>>
File: Stat this.jpg (53KB, 500x1175px) Image search: [Google]
Stat this.jpg
53KB, 500x1175px
>>54154389
>>
>>54154469
>Stat this

Smol Agathion-blooded Aasimar.
>>
>>54154469
I wish to protect her
>>
Should I use a montrous crab (M) or monstrous crawfish (L) for my were-lobster? I don't want a tpk, but the crab seems to weak to put up a fight, even with spellcasting
>>
>>54154469
I want to hear her feet go clickity clack as she does a little dance with joy!
>>
>>54154469
I want her to get off my sword so I can head back to town. Seriously, why do they keep climbing it while I'm looting? Why do I keep sticking it in the ground like that? You'd think I'd learn.
>>
>>54154618
You could just send a heikegani at them. CR 4 NE aberation that's an old samurai spirit that charges at people with a knife, challenging them to a duel.
>>
>>54154618
Monstrous crawfish. Werebeasts grow when they change.also you can describe a lobster standing on it's tail better.
>>
>>54154678
It's so her feet don't get scuffed and dirty on the ground! And the only way to stop that is to carry the sword on your back and take them back to town with them in a bridal carry!
>>
>>54154678
She's part mountain goat, they can't help but jump atop things like that.
>>
>>54154714
Im not sure my players can overcome a 22 AC though. I mean one of them will have an attack bonus of 8 (maybe more with a potion of enlarge person) with a mw weapon and another only really fights with touch attacks, but even then the other half of the party could end up unable to scratch him.
>>
>>54154777
then use giant crab stats and make it look like a lobster?

Whjy did you even bother askign if you can't figure out that you don't have to play the creature based on looks? Looks are fluff. Stats are stats. You can make a fluffy eared bunny and use the giant crab stats and make it sound like some kind of golem with the right description.

You're being deliberately obtuse if you ask "what should I use" and then tell someone that "I can't use that, it's too powerful!" Fucking idiot.
>>
>>54154723
Never ever. Damn kids climbing all over my shit with their pristine hooves...
>>54154758
That also explains where all my salt went. That was expensive!
>>
>>54154805
thats not the problem anon. The reason im unable to decide is the challenge to my players. The crab seems too weak but the crawfish is too strong. Maybe I can say he's softshell to lower his ac?
>>
>>54154758
>Spotted haunches
>Mountain goat

That's a doe, anon. Young one, too.
>>
>>54154912
Why bother saying such a thing? The players don't have to know the details. You're being disingenuous and asking stupid questions for the sake of asking stupid questions. Good night.
>>
>>54154915
I said "part" anon.
>>
File: 1497031320303.jpg (25KB, 269x326px) Image search: [Google]
1497031320303.jpg
25KB, 269x326px
>>54154469
She may be cute, but what if she is a red menace?
>>
>>54154469
Fun fact, the amethyst amulet she is wearing were quite popular in Ancient Greece as a means to keep themselves from not becoming drunk from drinking, as that is what the word amethyst means, "not drunk."
>>
>>54155056
Fauns are natural monarchists, anon!
>>
>>54153162
Either the good vs evil axis is ironclad and killing anything regardless of reason is an evil act, or the good vs evil axis is about intent and absolutely nothing wrong was done here.
>>
Would it be possible to play an AP single player?
>>
>>54154986
It's 4:30 in the afternoon
>>
>>54155173
>everyone lives in my shitty american timezone
ok bruh
>>
>>54155183
>>54155173
It's 1:30 in the afternoon, and I work graveyard schedule.
>>
>>54155171
Possibly as a Master Summoner, with NOC help, with Leadership, or with gestalt.
>>
>>54155183
Fuck off Kawase
>>
>>54155220
Nope.
>>
>>54155171
>>54155210
>>54155210
I meant more by ones self. But I guess that would be important too.
>>
>>54155237
It kinda ruins dinner if the fun, and a lot of the mystery, since you WILL have to know how shits supposed to go down on the GM side of things to plan it, and character interactions have far less potential when one person is doing both sides of it. At that stage you're mostly just doing combat simulations, which have their own problems.

Granted is supposedly pretty combat heavy, btw
>>
>>54155237
Could be possible if you are allowed to cheese and get experience from encounters you, well, encounter in some manner, but successfully avoid.
>>
>>54155237
It's possible, but remember these APs were designed for a team of four to six players. You' be way in over your head.
>>
>>54155269
Giantslayer is combat heavy, I mean
>>
>>54155237
I wouldn't suggest it. Unless it's non-stop fighting, you're just talking with yourself and solving puzzles to which you already have the answer. I'd suggest writing a story of your character going through the AP at that point. It could be a decent way to practice your writing.
>>
>>54155323
Though, the solving puzzles bit can be said when repeating an AP if it's done by the book. I dunno, I don't play APs really.
>>
>>54155434
>mfw when repeating an AP and my fellow players are totally baffled and frustrated by a puzzle I already know the answer to
>>
>>54155171
You mean like one of those choose your own adventure style star wars books?

Probably only if you can block out memories. A session requires the GM reading information that shouldn't be known to players before hand.

You could do a one man dungeon or forest path procedurally with charts you roll on though. So like "Start at dungeoun entrance" "Roll 3 on chart - there are two diverging paths and might be a secret door"
"Roll to detect door, if successful roll whether or not secret entrance actually exists"
"Choose path, roll on chart again to generate doors/events...roll 9, on extra door and a mob is here"
"roll on chart for mob, hit 86 on % die, generated...a manticore"
"Roll initiative, roll for mob action, roll for mob action result...you get eaten by a manticore".
>>
File: 1495968299961.png (473KB, 1085x1239px) Image search: [Google]
1495968299961.png
473KB, 1085x1239px
>>54155609
>eaten by a manticore

Eaten or "eaten"?
>>
>>54155704
>You will never get viciously bullied by your Manticore GF
>>
>>54155536
I never understood repeating APs for this reason. Sure, I can pretend to puzzle over the answer for IC reasons, but I know the answer. I can choose to just not help the others, but that feels dumb too, and leaves them one mind short for figuring it out.
>>
>>54150009
Tbh senpai I would dig more art of Seraphina being a cutie patootie with children, or something of the other characters.
>>
>>54155726
My policy is always that if I know the legitimate answer ahead of time, I try to help out by finding an alternative answer that the GM will accept.
>>
File: 1495662940653.png (105KB, 220x274px) Image search: [Google]
1495662940653.png
105KB, 220x274px
>>54154146
hey B where is she from?
>>
>>54155778

>>54154437
>>
Is here anything in Pathfinder that would fit the description of being super corporeal? As in regular corporeal beings are as insubstantial to them as incorporeal beings?
>>
>>54155762
That's fair, if you've got a decent GM. You shouldn't be playing with a shitty GM anyway.
>>
>>54155841
Native Outsiders, like Aasimar and Tieflings?
>>
>>54155856
If I'm playing with an inflexible "ONLY ONE CORRECT ANSWER" gm, then I'll just deliberately accidentally make the "correct" solution impossible and he'll have to improvise anyways.
>>
>>54155726
>>54155536
Then find a way for your character to stumble into the answer, or at least get closer to it.

If your group is getting frustrated, and you have any way to alleviate that frustration, you're being a dick.
>>
Is the person that made the Eros PDF still lurking? The pdf seems still mostly unfinished as does most of Wanton Desire but I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. Is there gonna be any more fleshed out content for it ?
>>
>>54155934
I don't think they're around right now
>>
>>54149668
Trustworthy is useful. +1 to all Bluff and Diplomacy checks and gain either one as a class skill.
>>
>>54146824
>>54146900
>>54146959

Speaking of homebrew, I rewrote Phantasms to clarify its effects

Cliffnotes.

if the Harlequin is sharing a square with his phantasms, they're always struck, not the phantasm (because its just an illusion brah), sharing squares doesn't give benefits (no stacking them to protect them and gain shittons of bonuses), and they can be determined to be fake by some special senses (considering scaling this, I dunno, it means at a certain level it fails as a defensive measure)
>>
>>54155759
What do you have in mind?
>>
>>54156006
I don't know, I'm not too much for ideas! Something with Bethany perhaps?
>>
>>54155996
Still functions as a slightly delayed Mirror Image once the phantasm splits off, unless Low-Light Vision and Darkvision give them away. Even still, MI spam against anything without special vision is absurd.

Also still functions as MI against targeted non-attack effects.
>>
>>54155862
I see what you mean in a metaphysical sense, but not really what I was looking for.
>>
>>54156078
I mean its always going to act like that to an extent, but its slow and much weaker than MI in many ways
>>
>>54156006
How about >>54152226 with Bethany, Seraphina and Ruhiel wiping happy tears from their eyes.
>>
>>54156006
Cyrielle talking quite casually about some lewd topic that makes Ruhiel and Seraphina blush, but Bethany jot down notes!
>>
Have there been any busty butcher's axe girls yet?
>>
>>54156117
It doesn't require any action whatsoever to set up, piggybacks off your movement, and is a free and infinite stream.

It's weaker if and only if combat ends or you die before your second turn.
>>
>>54139735
>When wielding a reach weapon, one can threathen 5ft with unarmed, cestus or bite natural attack.

Are there really DM:s that are autistic enough to allow someone to threaten 5ft with unarmed, cestus or bite natural attacks simply because you happen to be carrying an entirely separate weapon that has reach?
>>
>>54156317
I feel like you don't actually understand why mirror image is like 10x stronger than this on its own
>>
>>54156275
Probably when Linnorm Kings comes around.
>>
What should you spend 3000 gold on on a lvl 3 2h murderhobo?
>>
>>54156347
Then explain your position instead of constantly stating it without backing it up.
>>
>>54156383
Mirror image applies a miss chance that goes down after each miss, a significant and powerful miss chance thats much stronger than even something like blind (50%) concealment.

Its also unaffected by various AOE abilities, and soaks an unreal amount of damage. Furthermore they don't go away if you miss, only near miss

In comparison this creates distractions, distractions that die to AOE, don't create a miss chance effect, and die to even the weakest of enemies.

Its more comparable to a weak summon monster spell than it is mirror image, the only difference is the obfuscation of the main target, but even then it actively hurts the Harlequin to lose their Phantasms, as they lose out on a pile of bonuses, its less bad than taking damage, but still costs you and slows your combat ramp, where normal mirror image is basically cost-less.
>>
>>54156355
2650g worth of alchemist fires and acid flask. Turn every encounter into a school cafeteria foodfight, except instead of stale mash and rock hard meatballs it's burning alchemical concoctions. And then hit the survivor with your mwk greatsword. This of course needs to happen when you are naked.
>>
>>54156198
>drawing art of Tier 3s
>>
>>54156458
... Leofric gesticulating a story, with the same looks?
>>
>>54156039
>>54156157
>>54156198
These are all great ideas. Hopefully WS finds one of these interesting and isn't foing to focus solely on Ensoulment from now on.
>>
File: 1495049903586.png (43KB, 245x546px) Image search: [Google]
1495049903586.png
43KB, 245x546px
>>54156349
>tfw linnorm kings is a bamboozle before it even gets a roll20 listing
;_______;
>>
>>54156457
But Anon, I'm chaotic good and wearing heavy armor.
>>
Does Andoran have an Independence Day?
>>
>>54156548
I hope WS doesn't draw anything for Tuvarkz shit game because he's an awful pile of shit and you people need to not give him attention
>>
>>54156652
Yes!
>>
File: Screenshot_20170705-001607.jpg (435KB, 407x1147px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170705-001607.jpg
435KB, 407x1147px
First I found this and thought sweet, this is awesome, very flavourful and cool. But then
>1 minute per day

Why the fuck would anyone use this shit? It would take longer than that to apply it and wash it off, holy shit, and forget about doing it before combat. Who designed this shit? Did they have no concept of time?
>>
>>54156651
Then you shine your armor, sharpen your swords and buy some knee pads so you can suck cock better, you damned chaotic gay.

Lawful for life, fatherfucker.
>>
>>54156652
The 3rd of Sarenith!
>>
>>54156712
well on the upside, if you survive the first day, it looks like it doesn't affect you

You just have to be able to take literally hundreds of constitution damage
>>
File: 1496304239403.jpg (46KB, 564x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1496304239403.jpg
46KB, 564x1060px
How do I fight incorporeal things?
>>
Campaign idea:
>the large and ailing empire of Kneath has gone from merely fractured to open rebellion
>the city of Orlin in on the edge of the empire in the territory that's in open rebellion
>it has a population of roughly 21000
>the Coal Cleaners mercenary company comes to town, 3000 strong, and takes up residence
>they're employed by the capital
>the town is bursting at the seams with the sudden population flux
>rebels are around and plotting
>you are part of a small and unimportant street gang caught in the middle
>you need to decide where your allegiances lie and who you support as the internal struggles in Orlin become the linchpin of the eastern empire
>>
>>54156757
Depends on your method of fighting. What kind of question is that? Are you a martial? How much money do you have? What's the party composition? Is 3pp allowed?
>>
>>54149668
Well provisioned is really nice if you're level 1.
>>
>>54156773
>street gang

Fuck yes I love urban fantasy, but be aware of the power level of pathfinder and this can be awesome
>>
>>54155704

I believe this was the source material.

http://www.atrianglemorning.com/games/flash.php
>>
File: Steel Falcon.png (584KB, 805x1187px) Image search: [Google]
Steel Falcon.png
584KB, 805x1187px
>>54156652
>>54156704
>>54156727
PRAISE TALMANDOR

GODS BLESS SUPREME ELECT CODWIN I

GODS BLESS ANDORAN, GOLARION'S BASTION OF FREEDOM
>>
>>54156757
Have a cleric, a paladin, an oracle or a spellwarrior skald with you.
>>
New thread

>>54156807
>>54156807
>>54156807
>>54156807
>>
>>54150009
>Tfw you're character is fairly up there, but no one ever talks about them.

Suppose that's both a good and bad thing.
>>
>>54156796
Considering the lieutenants among the Coal Cleaners range from level 5 to 9 and the top rebel leaders around the same it should be fine. Bigger and better folks will become stationed in the city as the importance of Orlin becomes more evident. Imperial cleaners independent killers who were press ganged into service of the empire start showing up with their jundicator escorts and the Council of Four and Seven magi from the rebellion begin to prowl the street.
>>
Thread is falling, post your party's theme. Try to guess things about other people's parties based on their theme if you want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NirwHDf_RvU
>>
>>54156773
What other factions are at play here, because at present it seems like rebels of indeterminate number and organization, the capital's mercs, and your own little gang. It could be great fun, honestly. It would obviously need to be fleshed out more.

Would you be aiming for a low level campaign? Being street tough-tier might make some class choices odd, but it's whatever.
>>
>>54156838
I don't know why anybody would want people to be talking about their character. It's not really a thread topic. The roll20 page has forums for discussion of game-related things.
>>
>>54156856
I mean honestly I just want a Durarara game
>>
>>54156437
A weak summoning spell does not impede the ability for enemies to target you. This does.
It is also, and I need to stress this, FREE. MI costs you a 2nd level slot every fight and a standard action unless you cast it pre-fight.

Is it as good as free castings of MI? No.
Is it absurdly good? Yes.
>>
>>54156953
I also want to remind you that Phantasms can soak non-damaging targeted effects infinitely and apply against literally everything that requires a target be selected.

Also, why are they combat-only? Being able to send an illusionary double into a room first to check for ambushes or make yourself look like an entire squad of faceless goons would be fun.
>>
>>54156939
Yeah, I know. It's why I don't post about them either, but at the same time /pfg/ does it anyways, so I dunno. Makes me feel like my characters aren't interesting or something. Apparently someone in the other thread feels the same.
>>
>>54157057
they're combat only so that you don't roll up to every fight with max illusions and wreck it
>>
>>54157234
I get that, but why are they totally unavailable outside of combat?
>>
>>54157333
Because there's plenty of illusion abilities they can use outside of combat, they get access to silent, minor, and major illusion.
>>
>>54156859
As of last session, it's basically this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0w1W5RGx9Q
Thread posts: 369
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.