[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 471
Thread images: 34

File: Ranger.jpg (276KB, 1117x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Ranger.jpg
276KB, 1117x1012px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-RevisedSubclasses.pdf

>Official Survey on Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/6a608a27c7c9

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/:
>>53399476

Which of the UA material we've seen has the most chances of making it into the new splatbook? Unrelated question, which UA material was good?
>>
>>53407607
>black

OP, are you posting all these or what? I don't mind just wondering

Also what's a splat book?
>>
>>53407607
>Which of the UA material we've seen has the most chances of making it into the new splatbook? Unrelated question, which UA material was good?

>Latest Kensai Monk, Stone Sorcerrer and Redemption paladin are the best and ready for play.

Cleric domains and Barbarian paths are the next best.
>Scout Rogue and Revised Ranger + Monster Slayer Ranger and Planeswaker Ranger are next.

Everything else needs to be reworked.

>For example Tranquility monk is bullshit that forces no encounters to occur and gets to nuke things when they see something die.

>Nuclear Druid needs to specify that it requires a Druid spell.

>Drunken monk needs actual features.
>>
>>53407733
Yes he's some guy that got btfo five to six days ago and now creates threads, specifically around page six to ensure he makes them, to try and trigger people.

Unfortunately all he's done is created an influx of /pol/ posting and off topic conversation.
>>
File: 1337026210728.jpg (60KB, 540x531px) Image search: [Google]
1337026210728.jpg
60KB, 540x531px
>>53407607

Yo I wanna fuck that Ranger while her dog watches.
>>
>Any of the UA paladins
>even slightly good

Redemption paladin is a shitfest. 'Look, I'm unarmoured but have more AC than the guy in plate armour with a shield!' (At least barbarians/monks needed to max out two stats to match plate armour +shield)
'Look, I can make a mess of the battlefield by turning everybody into love-zombies, and leaving the party trying to wonder what the fuck they're going to do with all these incapacitated people!'

All the while discouraging paladins from taking actually good for damage options.

And then they get features that deal damage to people for hitting them.
That's not fucking redemption. That's retribution or vengeance.

And the premise just kinda sounds like getting a typical 'we have to save everybody!' paladin of obnoxious 'I'm too pure for people to die' and making it reality.
>>
>>53407994
Pol people always post anon, what are you a nigger
>>
>>53408014
>Redemption paladin is a shitfest. 'Look, I'm unarmoured but have more AC than the guy in plate armour with a shield!'

To be fair, we've all been wanting a chance to play an unarmored badass with a blade.
>>
File: 1495309766516.png (6KB, 269x335px) Image search: [Google]
1495309766516.png
6KB, 269x335px
>>53407607
Does she fuck the dog?
>>
>>53408027
What is Barbarian?
What is Monk?
What is barbarogue?
What is Monkrogue?
What is a Wizard/Sorcerer who sometimes uses GFB/BB?
>>
>>53408027
And we got it in core, with a monk.
>>
>>53408051
No monks hit people with a long stick then punch them
>>
>>53408049
And barbarian-monk I guess and maybe barbarian-fighter and maybe somehow you could make barbarian-paladin work though that's MAD as fuck a level of barbarian works fine on a lot of classes.
>>
>>53407994
Anything that pisses /pol/ off is fine by me.
>>
>>53408066
But they said that it made an influx anon, how would that piss them off?
>>
>>53408039
She's a female Ranger with a wolf companion.

Of course she's taking the knot.
>>
>>53407994
I don't play 5E but I entered the last thread because the thumbnail looked cool.

The amount of buttfrastrion created by OP's posts is hilarious. Like, how do you guys not see that endlessly complaining about OP is exactly what he wants?
>>
>>53408016
They do but it's led to steep increase and more off topic discussions when every he quips about something being racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic etc.

The /pol/ people were normally ignored or told to go back, now a platform and an enemy has been created for them to fight.

When in reality political leanings should be kept out of the game, left and right. It should be what your group is comfortable with or hell have the entire spectrum populate the world you've made if you're so inclined. No side should dictate how others play and run their games.
>>
As a newb, if there any benefit to reading the monster book if I'm not anticipating becoming a dungeon master?

>>53407994
But what's a splatbook, anon?
>>
>>53408072
Anything not white triggers them. But anyway, I've noticed no "influx" of anything /pol/ related in these threads, so I don't even know what that poster is on about.
>>
File: 1448253875993.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448253875993.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>53408039
>>53408083

Here's a fun fact!

Did you know, back in the Middle Ages, the way they'd figure out if a woman's been committing bestiality is by forcing her to assume a mounting position, and see if the suspected hound mounts her?
>>
>>53408083
Little does my party know that every beastmaster ranger is part of my magical realm
>>
>>53408093
There's a benefit sort of as you get better at metagaming. But generally everyone should have more fun if the players don't know the stats of monsters, and the only way it helps you as a player outside that is if you're a druid.
A splatbook is a book with additional options, whether it's fluff-heavy like the Sword Coast's Adventurer's Guide or more mechanics-heavy like a player's handbook 2 would be. New races, classes, archetypes, feats, spells etc. which helps keep the game going and keeps people invested.
>>
>>53408087
I'm not mad because the pictures aren't quite as ugly as that one particular picture that's been the OP a couple of times.

They're actually fitting and fit a suitable culture theme.

Though at this point it's basically anti-diversity, 'no OPs except my favoured colour'.

But whatever. I'm here to destroy this place with 5e posting, not pol-posting.
>>
>>53408089
A while ago we had an autistic wizard and a ghey druid duking it out, i think we are fairly off topic normally. Also what enemy, get your self ritious shit outta and let the nazis post on the anime image board
>>
>>53408130
So I'll have more fun if I don't know shit about monsters?
>>
>>53408139
> ghey druid
Don't remind me.
>>
File: 1444439143094.jpg (20KB, 234x331px) Image search: [Google]
1444439143094.jpg
20KB, 234x331px
>>53408113
>>53408129
You know, this makes me curious.

How does Faerun view bestiality, anyway? I know in Exalted it's kind of murky because Lunars can and often do assume animal forms, and Pathfinder canonically has a Goddess of Animal Rape and numerous intelligent-yet-animal creatures, but what about WotC's golden child?
>>
>>53408179
Generally yes. But there are those that enjoy learning the monsters by heart and reading the adventure that's being run before playing it. I'd say that definitely makes it a worse experience for the gm and other players though, even if you enjoy that.
>>
>>53408211
To answer this question you must first ask yourself: "Would Ed Greenwood have written private stories about the elven queen fucking fey hounds?"
>>
>>53408211
Since elves are all about freedom of expression and shit, they probably accept it. For humans, probably the usual middle ages viewpoint.
>>
>>53408235
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>53408262
But what about dorfs anon?
>>
>>53408211
>Pathfinder canonically has a Goddess of Animal Rape
lolwut
>>
>>53408310
Obviously they're too busy fucking each other or just getting drunk. Not many animals below ground either I imagine, though I don't imagine they're too picky with what's available.
>>
>>53408112
I'd say less of a trigger, more of a batsignal for their racist shitposts
>>
>>53408351
Theres the cow things in Volo's, but you're probably right
>>
>>53408373
Would probably be difficult due to size, but mountain goats shouldn't be too uncommon for them to use as mounts and such.
>>
>>53408087
>Explaining to someone who asks what's going on is whining
>Just ignore an issue it'll go away or you're just butt blasted

Ok

>>53408139
>/pol/ doesn't work itself into a lather anytime something triggers them

Do you know /pol/ even a little? They'll take any chance to start a pissing match about ideology.
>>
>>53408457
>le /pol/ boogieman
>>
>>53408112
>More nigger posts
>Several threads yesterday started off the same way

I mean if you don't see it, it must not exist.
>>
>>53408470
>nigger posts
Do you know where you are? "nigger" is pretty damn common on this site, are you just that new?
>>
>>53408465
>He doesn't know I'm originally from /pol/

I mean yeah normally /pol/ is a scape goat for any right style of thinking, doesn't change what I've said about the place.
>>
>>53408311

Lamashtu, also known as the Mother of Monsters, is a Chaotic Evil deity associated with pregnancy, monsters and nightmares. Her thing is encouraging cultists to breed with animals (there's a Wondrous Item for Lamashtans that allows them to "accept" the seed, or spill seed, inside of animals within one category size of themselves, like dogs or horses) and thus create ever more horrific abominations.
>>
>>53408511
Pathfinder degeneracy isn't a meme is it?
>>
>>53408521
It's real.
Go into the /pfg/ thread and see all the furfag degeneracy.
>>
>>53408521
Pathfinder *was* degenerate, Rise of the Runelords (the very first Adventure Path) features incestuous rapist-cannibal ogres, fathers getting their faces chewed off and the villain of the very first book is a dog-fucking teenage Aasimar who wants to become a demon.
>>
>>53408484
Yes and? It used to be nearly none existent in 5eg, now it's increased in several threads over the course of days.
>>
>>53408535
>was
is it not anymore?
>>
>>53408543
Why do you even care, don't like it go somewhere else, some guy saying nigger shouldn't drive you to hate an entire thread
>>
>>53408089
Except liberals are objectively wrong on pretty much every issue and thus their opinions should not be allowed to be parts of RPGs. Except 5e does have liberal viewpoints such as encouraging you to play a demisexual koalakin and making all kobolds trannies as well as making them sexual degenerates to normalize degeneracy. D&D 5e is a piece of SJW shit.
>>
>>53408139
True but they were atleast on topic and it got others talking about the pros and cons then they kept going for a bit.
>>
>>53408535
>>53408562
Fuck, was a bit premature with that post ejaculation!

I say Pathfinder WAS degenerate because, while the General became more and more disgusting, the game itself started to clean up until it was horribly Social Justice, inclusive, sanitized and otherwise boring.

Compare the things that happen in Rise of the Runelords to things that happen in Wrath of the Righteous, a campaign that starts off with you meeting a trans-lesbian couple followed by a black/white gay couple with the twink addicted to drugs, and the sole white male is a literal Mansplaining privileged nobleman asshole. It's a campaign where you're fighting rape-tastic demons in Demonland (The Worldwound), yet the worst atrocities you see is maybe a bit of whipping and torture. Gone are the incest, gone is the implied rape, gone is the hideous displays of torture and mutilation (The aforementioned Ogres in the first campaign ripped out the organs of a girl while she was still alive and shoved straw into her instead because she was an Ogre child's "doll", and the Nymph Ghost that orders you to find her lover was raped so hard her entire lower half is just wispy nothingness, unable to materialize.)

This is a company that literally added a TRIGGER WARNING to Hell's Rebels (one of their most recent books) because the Big Bad in a scene showing off his childhood "nonconsensually spied on his sister while she took a bath."
>>
>>53408577
>making all kobolds trannies
You do realize there are species in the animal kingdom that can change their sex?
A fantasy race of small reptiles being able to do it isn't that far fetched.
Seems like you're projecting my dude.
>>
>>53408569
>Implying

Where did I say any of that?

>>53408577
Cool, you know as a DM you can modify out the bits you don't like correct? Also if it's supporting the company you're worrying about there are free sources in the op. Change it to fit your political leanings or make it more palatable at least.
>>
>>53408577
An AL madule had a man married to another man, I don't know If it was liberal nonsense or their usual shitty editing
>>
> monster hunter ranger
I thought it was a fighter subclass. Speaking of rangers, would a V. Human Dex based dual wielding deep stalker be a good choice or am I gimping myself?
>>
>>53408611
How would that even be projection? And why would you include that not to pander to your sexual preferences? There is homosexuality in the animal kingdom too but you don't see most people making their fantasy races have a 50% chance of suddenly droppi n everything so as to buttfuck as if tomorrow will not exist.
>>
>>53408623
It's usually liberal nonsense, you'd be shocked at how disillusioned people from the West Coast tend to be about these things.

West Coast Americans literally think gay people make up 35% of the population, rather than 1%.
>>
>>53408623
Which one? Let me know so I can smear it amd hopefully fewer people will buy it ans my flgs will stop carrying 5e books. I live in the South so I might even get their business license revoked if I talk to the right people.
>>
>>53408647
>why would you include that not to pander to your sexual preferences
>why would you include orcs not to pander to rape fantasies
>why would you include halflings not to pander to midgets
>why would you include elves not to pander to hippies
>why would you include Goliaths not to pander to chads

Are you retarded?
>>
>>53408660
With all of the brainwashing these days they soon will, its a shame
>>
I have nothing against pedophiles but killing all homosexuals may not be such a bad idea, if you think about it.
>>
5eg why didn't you tell me that Barbarians were so goddamn fun? Just started one last night and that shit was a hoot.
>>
>>53408715
What archetype? I was considering making a minotaur barbarian.
>>
>>53408694
>Nothing against pedophiles
Whoah hold up there you'll get the thought police coming after you for being worse than a suicide bomber
>>
>>53408715
Tell us what in particular was fun.

When you said 'I attack'?
>>
>>53408681
>With all of the brainwashing these days they soon will

Not true at all, you can't change preferences that drastically - you can fuck a kid up for sure by insisting he should be interested in boys or she should like girls and a suggestion otherwise is "evil" and "bad," but you can't turn a typical kid into a raging homosexual.

Realistically, all you're going to get is limp-wristed beta losers like Mike Mearls or Anthony Burch. This may sound like a sad thing until you realize that, unless you're a limp-wristed beta loser too, this means you've got significantly less competition in dating.

It's an awkward conversation to have, really. Homosexuals are hugely overrepresented in the media (both "presenting" or simply the actors) for a variety of reasons - most people think it's because of an agenda, but in truth it's because homosexuality is still "daring" and "different" to the crotchety old Jews that work on committees, and gay people are oftentimes good at acting considering many of them lived a lie for decades.
>>
>>53408734
As a PC?
>>
>>53408774
>Neal Patrick Harris always plays a straight ladies man
>He's gay

The one I didn't see coming is Wayne Brady.
>>
>>53408810
yes?
>>
File: 1430737661206.jpg (274KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1430737661206.jpg
274KB, 1000x1000px
>>53407607
I want to see her pet the doggo with her feet

Joking aside, neat. Switching setting to not-Africa is a good way to refresh classic tropes IMO. And it's not like D&D doesn't have hyena-like gnolls or dinosaurs to fill that setting in.
>>
>>53408734
Lizardfolk Totem (Eagle Spirit) with PAM and a glaive. Run in, smash things, chomp things, run away, oppurtunity attacks all over the place.

Helps that my DM is a descriptive type, so "action: shove prone, bonus action: hungry jaws" became a fun little scene where I knocked a dude down and went in for a quick snack with him screaming like a horror queen.
>>
>>53408211
The matter is most likely not discussed.

>>53408310
>implying fucking a dorf is not already bestiality
>>
>>53408832
Using what template from where?
>>
>>53408863
Oh, I was mistaken. I thought that sword coast added minotaur as a player race.
>>
>>53408863
Not him, but probably the Minotaur race from UA .
https://astranauta.github.io/races.html#Minotaur%20(Krynn)
>>
>>53408838
What is heavy armor commonly made from in not-Africa?
>>
>>53408919
Huh, guess that exists. Not sure I've ever bothered to look at the water based UA...
>>
>>53408947
Isn't Africa one of the richest in mineral deposits in the world? Could easily look up the availability of metal in Africa and adjust to reflect it in not Africa.
>>
>>53408947
>>53408974

>Africa
>Armor
>>
File: mamluks.jpg (808KB, 1600x1241px) Image search: [Google]
mamluks.jpg
808KB, 1600x1241px
>>53408947
Same stuff everyone else made it from.
Although you could amp heat fatigue or just make full metal armour expensive (e.g. imported). If we're going to change settings, be prepared to change some conventions as well.
>>
>>53408974
>Isn't Africa one of the richest in mineral deposits in the world?

Yeah, mineral deposits that need fairly modern technology to exploit.
>>
>>53409013
Could also make it so really top coin armors actually have an enchantment that keeps the wearer cool.
>>
>>53409040
True and with magic I believe they could easily do that. Unless we're making it almost exactly like Africa, then the question is do you include a country that drove out a certain race and is now begging them to come back because they're starving due to no one knowing how to farm?
>>
>>53408577

>encouraging you to play a demisexual koalakin
Citation please.

>making all kobolds trannies as well as making them sexual degenerates
Also citation

>opinions should not be allowed
Thought-police is traditionally one of the charges leveled against libtards, interesting use here
>>
>>53409063
>then the question is do you include a country that drove out a certain race and is now begging them to come back because they're starving due to no one knowing how to farm?

You should include that, as well as Apartheid States or Brazils or freedom-loving inclusion zones.

As much as I like to give Pathfinder crap about the shit they do, Golarion has a really neat example of a Not!African State called "Sargava," which is basically Rhodesia, South Africa and a dash of Brazil all rolled into one.
>>
>>53408947
North Africa and East Africa had a lot of contacts with the middle east through Arab traders, so anything that goes for a middle eastern setting would probably work fine in an African one, unless you or one of your players is actually knowledgeable about medieval Africa enough to make distinctions beyond broad regions.
>>
>>53408962
It's pretty solid, too
>>
File: 1379825586903.jpg (639KB, 4994x2290px) Image search: [Google]
1379825586903.jpg
639KB, 4994x2290px
>>53409086
>North Africa and East Africa had a lot of contacts with the middle east through Arab traders

Yeah, as vicious slavers and source of slaves.

The media doesn't like to talk about the Barbary Corsairs for a damn good reason, anon.
>>
>>53409108
Why not include it? Also could add a mysterious land across the sea that buys slaves and look nothing like the locals. Make it really interesting and see what people decide to do.
>>
>>53409108
Well I never said they were there on behalf of UNICEF to feed the poor, just saying they were there. Slavery existed in Africa well before Arabs or Europeans were there anyway.
>>
Clerics get their powers from gods and not inborn righteousness/ascendency, right? Newb here.

Would I get flamed for asking obvious questions without specifying that I'm a newb?
>>
>>53409136
>Well I never said they were there on behalf of UNICEF to feed the poor
heh
>>
>>53409139
It won't matter you'll get flamed either way, and yes. Read the fucking book enjoy your stay.
>>
>>53409134
>Also could add a mysterious land across the sea that buys slaves and look nothing like the locals

I've been reading the Last Kingdom, and that's pretty much what the Muslims are shown as; exotic men with skin the color of chestnut, plying their trade for slaves with quality gold which came from a swarthy land far to the South.
>>
>>53409139

As per the PHB, Clerics are vested with the orisons and miracles (aka spells) necessary to do their god's work.

Your campaign, however, is free to change whatever details you'd like.
>>
>>53407607
why would there by a white wolf in the savana?

They'd be at significant evolutionary disadvantage, standing out as a predator in the middle of the open desert
>>
>>53409178
>why would there by a white wolf in the savana?
>standing out as a predator in the middle of the open desert
So are we assuming she's in a desert or a savanna here?
>>
>>53409178
>why would there by a white wolf in the savana?
White people, mostly. You'd be surprised how delusional they tend to be when it comes to genetics.
>>
>>53409178
It looks cool.
>>
File: 1298398936972.jpg (90KB, 432x585px) Image search: [Google]
1298398936972.jpg
90KB, 432x585px
>>53408838
>>53408947
>>53408974
>>53409013
>>53409040
>>53409046
>>53409063
>>53409081
>>53409086
>>53409108
>>53409134
>>53409136
>>53409155
>>53409160
>Mfw I have a desert kingdom to the north
>Now have solid things to world build it for next campaign when the players have to travel farther than one empire
>>
>>53409188
I meant to say "Sahara" but between the many different ecosystems encompassed by the sub saharan terriotiries, I guess something got mumbled. Both Savanna and Sahara situations apply to this context though
>>
>>53409139
As according to the PHB, yes; Cleric powers do come from gods.

However, it may work differently depending on the setting. If you're not sure, default to the DM.
>>
>>53409157
I have read the book. Pls no bully. I had a fine time asking newb questions last thread with a lot of helpful replies and only one bully.

My question was more of "Is there some Unearth Arcana I don't know about that's flavor is about what I just described?"

>>53409170
Is there any YHWH-type god in DnD? One who claims supremacy? I'm a christian and the thought of pagan-y "God of light, god of nature, god of knowledge" crap chafes and keeps me from doing what I normally do, being the healer/light type character
>>
File: MAC14_ALBINISM_POST01.jpg (100KB, 822x462px) Image search: [Google]
MAC14_ALBINISM_POST01.jpg
100KB, 822x462px
>>53409178
Genetics sometimes fucks up.

It could also be that the wolf IS an outcast and that's why he/she is with the ranger.

Or that dogs in this setting were domesticated as herders, and their visibility would help deter potential predators/make it easier for herd animals/owners to spot them.

You could easily find a reason to justify it, really.
>>
>>53409234
>and keeps me from doing what I normally do, being the healer/light type character
good, healing cleric is garbage.
>>
>>53409234
>Is there any YHWH-type god in DnD? One who claims supremacy?

Yes, the Overgod Ao.

He doesn't answer to mortals though.
>>
>>53409234
Can check through the back of the PHB or talk to your DM and ask to include one. That's the thing about DnD you can refluff alot to fit what you're looking for.
>>
>>53409234
There's Ao the Overgod who keeps the gods in check, but he has no worshippers and his "clerics" get nothing.
You could try to bargain with the DM to allow you to worship Ao's boss which is just a stand in for the DM itself so asking the DM if it's okay makes it kinda funny.
>>
>>53409234
>Is there any YHWH-type god in DnD?
Yes
It's the DM
>>
>>53409276
>He doesn't answer to mortals though.
plus even he answers to someone else.
>>
>>53409234
>Is there any YHWH-type god in DnD? One who claims supremacy?
Unless your DM is putting you in battles involving deities you could simply claim and sincerely believe that your god is the one true god and the greatest one.
>>
>>53409254
>healer is garbage
So I heard. Some would say your DM sucks for having dumb creatures that don't necessitate healing during fights. Healers being unnecessary is why I added "/light" because I'd also like to be a mystic sorta undead fighter guy whatever. I just like the whole holy character archetype.

>>53409276
>overgod Ao
sounds promising

>He doesn't answer to mortals though.

Bummer.

Is caster-focused paladin a thing or nah?

>>53409325
I'd have to choose from an established, named god from the PBH right? I couldn't just be like "My god is Schmah-way and he's the one true god." Correct?
>>
>>53409325

I wish more campaign settings took the Eberron approach and presented a world where divine magic/power exists, but the nature of that divinity is left ambiguous.

That way, you can have Not!Catholics alongside Not!Norse and they both get power, or even situations like Not!Catholics alongside Not!Protestants.
>>
File: 1458485837959.jpg (452KB, 666x812px) Image search: [Google]
1458485837959.jpg
452KB, 666x812px
>>53409356
>because I'd also like to be a mystic sorta undead fighter guy whatever

Wait... You want to play a human that fights undead, or an undead warrior?
>>
>>53409356
>I'd have to choose from an established, named god from the PBH right? I couldn't just be like "My god is Schmah-way and he's the one true god." Correct?
Not at all. As long as you stick to a domain and your DM lets you, you can choose make up a god on the spot.

The classes should not be altered flippantly, but DM is all about changing up the setting as the players and DM allow.
>>
>>53409386
>but DM
*but DnD
>>
>>53409386
>The classes should not be altered flippantly

What would constitute a flippant alteration? I just don't wanna play a character that worships apollo.
>>
>>53409401
>What would constitute a flippant alteration?
If you're changing class abilities.

The basis of DnD is that you have a set of game rules that can be adapted to most settings, regardless of the content of the settings. You can safely alter the setting as you like (i.e. the god you worship) as long as the people you're playing with are cool with it, but the game rules themselves should be approached carefully, since it can be very difficult to balance even as is.
>>
File: 1923848_32514968104_5948_n.jpg (53KB, 484x604px) Image search: [Google]
1923848_32514968104_5948_n.jpg
53KB, 484x604px
Industrial Dystopian Desert Cty DM from yesterday here.

One of my players won't be there next session so I want to run a sidequestey session for the players that show up.

What sidequests could happen in such a city? Killin rats inna basement?
>>
>>53409401
>I just don't wanna play a character that worships apollo.
then worship Pelor.
>>
>>53408676
>orcs
>rape fantasies

Now who's projecting?
>>
File: 1377024292039.jpg (63KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1377024292039.jpg
63KB, 500x282px
>>53409386

>mfw playing Pathfinder
>mfw campaign literally has you traveling to Russia in 1917
>mfw I convinced the DM to let me play a Russian conscript with a moist nugget for our next campaign
>>
>>53409376
He wants to be a rogue undead hunter.
>>
>>53409066
Look at the gender section in PHB and the kobolds section in volos. And I don't care for thought police but I will call out liberal pandering crap when I see it. Not a surprise when the two lead d&d developers are both jews.
>>
>>53409456
>just convinced my DM to play a World War I tank golem operator in CoS
Thank you Artificer for enabling the weirdest shit.
>>
>>53409488
you're jealous your sister is dating a black guy, aren't you?
>>
>>53409435
Understood.

So, last question, in 5e, do clerics suck? Where do they shine outside of being healbots?

>>53409451
>then worship [a different sun god]

Absolutely heretical.
>>
>>53407733
splatbook is a non-core book with official stuff
like, Volo's Guide and Sword Coast Guide are splats
>>
>>53409443
Nah, rats are sick of people wandering into their turf to kill them and collect their tails so they hire some adventurers to put a stop to it.
Cranium rat king.
>>
File: 1490810906611.jpg (83KB, 600x713px) Image search: [Google]
1490810906611.jpg
83KB, 600x713px
>>53409499
>>
>>53408947
diamonds
>>
>>53409401
Back in 3.PF, there was an option to have 'godless' clerics that utterly devoted themselves to cause. Something like 'Healing the sick', 'Protecting the weak', ect. ect. ect... I believed it was fluffed-explain that they drew their power from the elemental planes themselves or something of that sort. You could talk to your DM about doing that.
>>
>>53409564
of course, a godless cleric gets a one-way trip to the wall of the faithless.
>>
>>53409557
I thought the hardest metal known to man was Dragonforce, not diamond.
>>
>>53409443
Hunt down sentient plant monsters for a source of hydration/sick intoxicants.
>>
File: 1269339079876.png (229KB, 386x386px) Image search: [Google]
1269339079876.png
229KB, 386x386px
>>53408253
Are you the autistic Greenwood-Hateboner-Guy who we assumed that you must have walked in on your mom getting fucked by Greenwood in the ass to have such a weird fixation on him, a few threads ago?
>>
>>53409591
Not necessarily. You only get walled if you live your entire life without taking any actions that would align you with the interests of any particular god. Being godless is not the same as being Faithless.
>>
>>53409595
Are dragons powered by dragonforce?
>>
>>53408502
>I mean yeah normally /pol/ is a scape goat for any right style of thinking

way to show that you are new here.
>>
>>53409525
>So, last question, in 5e, do clerics suck?
They're good but not amazing. They're certainly not non-UA Warlock or Wot4E monk bad, but they're not Wizards/Bards either.

As for where they shine, their base class is good against undead, that's basically it, but you do get a lot more utility based on your domain, and there are a lot of those to choose from.
>>
How's the power curve between the classes in 5th edition? How does it compare to 2nd, 3rd and 4th?
>>
>>53409631
the power curve is worse than 4e, better than any other edition.

if 3.X had tiers 1-5, 5e has tiers 2-3
>>
>>53409647
of course, UA brought back Tier 1 with loremaster, but everyone agrees that is broken shit and no one should use it.
>>
>>53409647
>the power curve is worse than 4e,

I find that doubtful, since 4e had rangers soloing Orcus.
>>
>>53408089
I get what you're saying, but in this case /pol/ is being triggered by the fucking OP picture. Noone is actively antagonizing them or bringing up political shit.

These are the kind of assholes who come into a thread on /hc/ or /s/ that's entirely about fapping it to black women, and try to start shit. So let's not forget who the cancer in this equation really is.
>>
>>53409673
and 3e had a level 10 wizard soloing tarrasques.
>>
>>53408089
>When in reality political leanings should be kept out of the game, left and right. I

Fuck that. All art is political, and some of the greatest fiction ever has been overtly political. This milquetoast "be intentionally apolitical (but not really)" shit is for lame-asses. You're never going to have a game that doesn't express your political values.
>>
>>53409631
Casters still dominate in terms of utility, mostly at higher levels, but aside from 4-elements monk and the PHB ranger, none of the classes are so bad that they actively detriment the party. Damage wise martials are consistently quite strong, and damage is actually useful in this edition because there are significant restrictions on casters being able to cast their way out of every situation like in 3.x.

>High Tier
Bard
Wizard
Paladin

>Still quite good tier
Cleric
Fighter
Barbarian
Ranger (UA Revision)
Rogue
Mystic (essentially the 5e Psionic class, from a UA. Very versatile, but lacks the power output of true casters at high levels)

>Could be better but still not bad tier
Druid
Monk (all traditions except Elements)
Sorcerer
Artificer (It's from an Unearthed Arcana)

>Actual trash tier
4-elements Monk
PHB ranger
>>
>>53408631
Also, my DM is having us start at level 7, if that matters
>>
>>53409618
>If I keep repeating your new here it means I'm right

Ok
>>
>>53409488
>I don't care for thought police
Hey Anon, the Thought Police have feelings too, you know.

OH MAN... I want to run a thought police campaign. But they're like.. actual police, and the story revolves around a hard-drinking thought detective, and his older wiser thought partner, and his loyal thought dog... and like the Thought Police Chief is always busting his balls because he doesn't go by the book, and so on.
>>
>>53409701
>soloing the tarrasque

That's nothing impressive. But you'll note I wasn't saying 4e was worse than 3e, because fucking Rifts isn't worse than 3e for power curve.
>>
>>53409686

Only triggered person is the OP, sperging out with the thread creations.
>>
I used a mindflayer lich against my level 16 party last night.

I'm kind of impressed the barbarian survived 6 attempts to extract his brain, including 1 critical hit, while the rest of the party was desperately rolling saving throws to break the stun.
>>
>>53409736
>Paladin high tier
Just by themselves or MC'ed? Is there a specific build that's high tier or just paladins in general?
>>
>>53409744
yes but are you saying that 5e is MORE balanced than 4e?
>>
>>53409729
>Deliberate strawman
I get what you're saying Anon, but there's a big difference between "I'm a human with beliefs and ideals that inevitably come through in my words and actions" and "I'm coming to the game with the goal of shoving my /pol bullshit down other players' throats".
>>
>>53409686
>No one is actively antagonizing them
>Several threads one autist comments on things they view as sexist, racist, homophobic etc.

Ok

>>53409729
True I should correct myself to saying a company shouldn't push what political leanings is in a game. They should encourage and facilitate.
>>
>>53409761
Faggot doesn't know what he's talking about putting paladin above cleric and druid.

Cleric and druid are high tier too. You have to remember a cleric's real power is not from healing and a druid's real power is not all in wildshape.
>>
>>53409769
Saying that I have my doubts. I recall some truly garbage classes towards the end of its run (hell even at the start of its run, the Warlock was pretty garbage) and I recall some fairly broken shit creeping in early.
>>
>>53408660
>gays make up 1% of the population
It's actually closer to 10%
>>
>>53408842
>Helps that my DM is a descriptive type
Yeah, that's usually a good quality to have in a DM.
>>
>>53409761
They have some of the best nova damage capability in the game, and at 6th level they get an aura that adds their CHA to all saving throws for both themselves and allies in the aura.

Oh, I forgot:
Warlock
>>
>>53409736
allow me to fix this:
>High Tier
full casters
>Still quite good Tier
Half casters
Martials
>Actual trash tier
4-elements Monk
PHB ranger
>>
>>53409801
I know you're being sarcastic, but my CoS DM is completely mechanical and it makes combat dry as hell. We have far more fun fucking with his NPCs than battling anything.
>>
>Get the oota book because its cheap
>reading the magic items
Wand of viscid globs seems broken. Hit someone and they are just stuck for an hour; nothing they can do about it
>>
>>53409525
>Where do they shine outside of being healbots?

Clerics tend to ride out one or two longer duration spells over a combat, i.e. spirit guardians with spiritual weapon. They don't burst hard and their control is limited, but they're better built for the long haul than most other full casters.
>>
>>53409786
>True I should correct myself to saying a company shouldn't push what political leanings is in a game. They should encourage and facilitate.

They're also never going to manage that. Especially in a game like D&D, where there's objective good and evil, and objective good just happens to mirror the values common to contemporary society.

So far, WotC hasn't really been pushing anything of note. "You can be whatever gender identity you like, and Correlon even is a herm (which is true)" isn't anything more than acknowledging that people that don't conform to standard gender roles exist.
>>
>>53409805
>Revised ranger is better than a Fighter
ur havin' a giggle, m8.
>>
File: IMG_20170522_203040_956.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170522_203040_956.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Hey guys, anyone have an idea about how to run a LotR campaign? I can't find anything really and would love the help.
Pic unrelated but that's how I play on Mondays.
>>
>>53409831
Except they no longer push objective good and evil, alignments are a suggestion and everything is subjective.
>>
>>53409799
warlock is still pretty garbage, objectively speaking (still think it's fun as fuck tho)
I think it's best to look at every edition's balance based on original release PHB.
every edition becomes fucked when splats are allowed without restraint.

>>53409832
>ur havin' a giggle, m8.
just a bit. I will admit fighter will rock a ranger every time in combat, but ranger does have some out of combat usefulness unlike the fighter (but come on, the class' name is FIGHTer)
>>
>>53409849
Is there still planar good and evil? Regardless you missed my previous point about how they're not going to manage it regardless. Art always expresses values.
>>
>>53409800
>It's actually closer to 10%
Seems suspect. The 1% number might be low, but 1 in 10? That sets off my bullshit alarm. I haven't done a study or anything, but just based on anecdotal "percent of people I know", I'd probably call it something like 1 in 50 or 1 in 60. And that's coming from a moderately liberal city and subculture where people would be unlikely to conceal the fact.
>>
>>53409857
>warlock is still pretty garbage, objectively speaking (still think it's fun as fuck tho)

I find that's only true between about level 5 and 10. At 11 they start to pick up steam again, gaining more pact slots and having mystic arcanum come online.
>>
>>53409822
I was. Sounds like you need to change something up with you CoS group, that seems awful.
>>
>>53409867
>Is there still planar good and evil?
There are planes for those alignments and certain creatures dedicated to those alignments. Players aren't forced into applying those to themselves.
>>
Playing a Revised Ranger and choosing a Boar as my companion. Can I add my proficiency bonus to the DC saving throw creatures have to make for the boar's charge ability? I assume as much but wanted to make sure.
>>
>>53409891
>but just based on anecdotal "percent of people I know"
there's your problem, though. Just because everyone I know is white doesn't mean that asians don't exist is vast numbers.

>>53409899
>I find that's only true between about level 5 and 10. At 11 they start to pick up steam again
yeah but no one plays past 10.
>>
>>53409899
>playing past level 10
But anon, haven't you heard? NO ONE actually plays past level 10. WoTC themselves said so.

I want this meme to fucking die.
>>
>>53409891
According to studies, about 1 in 5 millennials identifies as LGBT.
Which, I know, sounds ridiculous. I'm an LGBT millennial and even I find it hard to believe, but there you have it.
http://www.glaad.org/files/aa/2017_GLAAD_Accelerating_Acceptance.pdf
>>53409899
My longest-played character was a warlock, and I can confirm this. While you only have 2 slots, you feel shitty, but earlier you're awesome and afterwards you're awesome.
>>
Can someone give me a TL;DR on how the Rise of Tiamat campaign goes before I dig deeper into it?
>>
File: 1493362969653.gif (325KB, 157x178px) Image search: [Google]
1493362969653.gif
325KB, 157x178px
>>53409867
>Not going to manage it
>Can easily show a more neutral stance by offering alternative templates for the autists on both sides who sperg out instead of redoing the fluff to fit their taste
>Doesn't even have to be major just a quick start point

The solution is simple yet ever one pretends it doesn't exist.
>>
>>53409948
It goes...into the trash and then you play a better module.
>>
>>53409933
>>53409940
>>53409945
I'm DMing for one that's level 20 now after a year. He doesn't seem like a waste of space and he's turned a few encounters around that were going badly.

Levels 10 and before we kind of rough for him.
>>
>>53409945
>Millennials wanting to be part of a group people view as special

No surprise there.
>>
>>53409945
>According to studies, about 1 in 5 millennials identifies as an attention-seeking faggot.

What millenials say on a survey doesn't really back up the point. Most are either saying it to virtue signal or will grow out of it. A lot of them are identifying as LGBT when their relationships are biologically heterosexual.
>>
>>53409975
I don't think you actually know millennials beyond the stereotypes. It's an incredibly diverse generation.
Also, being older than 32 doesn't make you automatically correct.
>>
>>53409969
Keep in mind when most people talk about classes in 5eg they talk in the 1-12 range. Mostly because that's when campaigns end, not all the time, but even WotC shows a lack of higher tier support because their studies show the same trend.
>>
>>53410000
shhh dont anger grandpa. He is very crotchety.
>>
>>53410000
As a fellow homoqueer youth, please stop typing. You're not defending us, you'renot making us look better in his eyes, you're being baited into replying exactly the way you're expected to.
>>
>>53409996
>virtue signalling on an anonymous survey
>two trannies in a relationship isn't LGBT
>a bisexual in a different-sex relationship isn't LGBT
These are the claims you're making.

>>53410046
...okay, fair point. Let's get back to the topic at hand (which, I believe, was whether warlocks are good and whether black people trigger /pol/)
>>
>>53410011
I'll stealthily encourage higher level play however I can. It's fun if you enjoy mild super heroics.
>>
>>53409940
Just once I want to start a campaign at like level 10
>>
>>53409950
Why should they? Their work is going to reflect their political values regardless. The autists are the ones that need to get over themselves.
>>
>>53410062
what the fuck is virtue signalling
>>
>>53410000
>Implying I'm not a millennial

Calm down there fuck stick, my comment was based off the millennials I grew up around, being a millennial myself.

Also no it doesn't and that's plain to see by just looking around.
>>
>>53409996

Do you have a study to back that up?
>>
>>53410080
I like to start at 3 but just do wild encounters to level up to 10 in like 15-20 sessions.
>>
>>53409996
Do you have any proof for your claims? It could be that the B portion of the LGBT spectrum is more willing to come forward since it's not terribly likely they'll wind up getting dragged behind a truck by a psychotic bigot anymore.
>>
>>53409788
even with just wildshape druids are the fucking strong
>>
>>53410125
Sure at low levels. You actually have to use the spells well too after about level 8.
>>
>>53410065
>>53410080
My group finished an epic save-the-world campaign at level 14. So now we're doing a sequel campaign with much lower stakes but with the same characters so we get to explore higher-level play. It's good fun.

>>53410098
"Virtue signalling" means proclaiming something loudly in a public setting so people think you're cool. It's an insult conservatives like to hurl at liberals, and makes exactly zero sense when it comes to anonymous survey results.

>>53410124
That seems to be likely.
>>
File: man found bait.jpg (50KB, 756x960px) Image search: [Google]
man found bait.jpg
50KB, 756x960px
>>53409805
It's bullshit and you know it
>>
>>53410096
>Why should a company attempt to be as profitable as possible by having a wider base of consumers?

Really activates my almonds.
>>
>>53410098
In this context, basically anything /pol/ doesn't like.

In a general sense, it's the act of expressing values for the social status carried with them. Which is something both sides of the political spectrum do. Even the /pol/io.
>>
>>53409757
If he doesn't have a nickname of Iron Skull now...
>>
>>53410147
Why should they indeed? There's more to life than profit, and pandering to bigoted autists isn't worth the money.
>>
>>53410124

Yeah, I imagine the bisexual part is a big part of it. As that covers a very, very wide range.
>>
>>53410168
I'll be forever flabbergasted that the Kinsey Scale isn't commonly known.
>>
>>53410135
>>53410148
why did "LOOK AT ME I'M WITH COOL KIDS" get such a dumb name
>>
File: Downtime1.png (460KB, 613x400px) Image search: [Google]
Downtime1.png
460KB, 613x400px
>>53407758
>Everything else needs to be reworked.
Downtime is comfy as shit and you know it.
>>
>>53410148
>/pol/io
I'm literally laughing out loud right now. Thanks, anon.

>>53410154
I'm trying to think of something more awesome than "Iron Skull." Can't do it.

>>53410163
>There's more to life than profit
Literally not for a corporation.
>>
>>53410154
I'd have to ask him if any of his 19 ex-wives call him anything like that.

He's an adventurer because it's the only way to keep up with his alimony.
>>
>>53410163
Correct me if I'm wrong but did you just imply that people who aren't more towards the left are bigoted? What if someone is more towards the middle but has some right leaning views? What if someone who is left on some issues has more traditional views on others?
>>
>>53410184
I personally don't like it because it oversimplifies the whole thing, but the basic concept is useful.

>>53410186
Because serious political discussions (lol) need fancy terminology.
>>
>>53410193
>Literally not for a corporation.

Nah. I hate the faceless machines as much as any lefty-cuck, but they're still composed of people.
>>
>>53410098
Virtue signalling is believing something for no reason other than to feed your ego. These beliefs pour out into your everyday life and you share them with everyone to further boost your ego. It's really not that hard to understand especially in the narcissistic age that we are in.
>>
>>53409761
>>53409788
I agree paladins are high tier, but not a tier above druid. Above cleric, but not massively better than cleric.

>Give everybody +cha to saves
>Damage isn't far off of a fighter's, oathbreaker has the highest DPR in the game
>Also highest burst in the game, crazy good for short adventuring day games
>Has a built-in goodberry dispenser, can revive 5 players at level 1 from dying every day with it. 10 at level 2. Etc.
>Fighting style + plate armour can give 19 AC with halberd or 21 AC with quarterstaff (20 if they take duelling with quarterstaff), quarterstaff is shillelagh compatible if they find charisma shillelagh somewhere. Speaking of, multiclasses into bard, warlock and sorcerer effectively.
>If not smiting, they can use their spells for out of combat things too, sometimes.
>More auras. Immunity to charm or resistant to spell damage, immunity to fear.
>Channel divinity could give something like +cha to hit, you likely have an action to spare as you approach enemies anyway
>Can probably also cast something such as bless before a fight too
They're a lot less versatile than clerics/wizards/bards/druids but they're damn good at the one thing they do, and the team support is valuable. Not worth having more than one paladin on a team, however.
>>
>>53410189
He asked about UA Classes.

Downtime and Feats are allright.
>>
>>53410193
It's the second time I got such a flattering comment today. Are you stalking me?
>>
What kind of animal bone strapped to a pole would double as a glaive or halberd? I was thinking a shark fin but it would probably be too brittle, and most animal shoulder blades aren't flat enough
>>
>>53410212
>I personally don't like it because it oversimplifies the whole thing, but the basic concept is useful.

My problem with it is largely philosophical, in that it assumes there's a single transcendental self, a stable identity that can be considered to exist on the scale, rather than a constant flux of preferences.
>>
>>53410254
Incisor tooth
>>
>>53409800
No it's closer to 4%. 10% is a meme from the 1960s based on inmates. 4% is based off of actual census data and has barely changed in the past 20 years.
>>
>>53410210
Anyone who took issue about the note of gender in the PHB is probably a raving bigot. When they cry "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THEIR POLITICAL VALUES!" what they're actually expressing is "I WANT THIS GAME TO EXPRESS ONLY VALUES I'VE GROWN SO COMFORTABLE WITH THAT I DON'T SEE THEM AS IDEOLOGICAL ANYMORE!"
>>
>>53410215
That's true. My point is that corporations should only care about profit, but it's up to the people that provide that profit to have ethics beyond profit.
I.E. the ethics need to come from the demand side, not the supply side. And if the supply side is engaging in ethics, it's because the consumers are demanding ethical behavior.
So if WotC is doing liberal stuff, it means the consumers want liberal stuff. Everybody wins.
>>
>>53410238
>Above cleric, but not massively better than cleric.

Be fair, clerics have a bunch of things they do better than paladins. Area damage is the easy one to call out that's useful. They tend to have better channel divinity options that they get to use more often as well as more spell slots.
>>
>>53410221
>t. I don't understand philosophy

We only do things to feed our ego because we can only ever do what we want to do.
>>
>>53410273
Oh so you just imply what people mean and stereotype them based off that, good to know and hopefully realize you're teetering dangerously close to the bigot you hate but from the opposite direction.
>>
>>53410273
It just has no place in the phb. What does discussion on gender add to the phb? Nothing. I'm not surprised it's there though.
>>
>>53410251
From >>53407607
>Which of the UA material we've seen has the most chances of making it into the new splatbook? Unrelated question, which UA material was good?

>material
>only classes
>not allowed to mock >>53407758 for silly blanket statements

I don't like Skill Feats because half of them should be stuff that normal skill uses can achieve, maybe with an action rather than a bonus action.
>>
>>53410062
Anon, the majority of those people proclaiming themselves Bisexual are only doing so out of the assumption that there's PROBABLY a man out there they'd be willing to bone, so that obviously makes them bisexual.
>>
>>53410293
I do, heck I'd die for shining glory, but I like to believe other people are less zogged in their motivation machine
>>
Thinking about playing an extremely handsome orc bard that acts similar to Zoolander. Any roleplaying or game play tips for a characer like this?
>>
>>53410252
It's entirely possible I'm not.

>>53410255
Also this.

>>53410272
Recent studies suggest the percent is increasing because more people are self-identifying as LGBT, perhaps because of changing social attitudes.

>>53410273
I wouldn't demonize the other side like that. It's possible to take issue with that passage without being a raving lunatic.
Complaining about it on an Indonesian shadow puppetry internet forum does, however, require those qualities.
>>
Could Tiamat beat the Tarrasque?
>>
>>53410307
It's the kind of thing that should be decided between DMs and players instead of being thrown into the PHB as a tacit recommendation that all DMs should allow it and celebrate it.

You can be friends with people you don't 100% agree with.
>>
>>53410307
it adds nothing, but substracts from the number of tumblrs that ramble about D&D
>>
>>53410304
Literally the only reason to freak out about it is bigotry.

>>53410307
It's a component of character identity, and it's under the section about character identity. Literally all they did was acknowledge that LGBT folks exist.
>>
File: classeffectiveness.png (10KB, 724x655px) Image search: [Google]
classeffectiveness.png
10KB, 724x655px
>>53410288
I think it's probably an odd curve.

It's also hard to quantify the value of the save boost and it gets different milage depending on DMs. Paladins can potentially passively prevent save-or-dies from passing.
>>
>>53410314
[citation needed]

>>53410320
Find the sexiest picture of an orc you can and try to make other players uncomfortable/question their sexuality.
>>
>>53410341
>substracts from the number of tumblrs that ramble about D&D
Nothing makes tumblr happy. It's wasted effort to try that could be better spent doing something like jerking off or shitposting.
>>
>>53410326
People are increasingly self-identifying because it's the cool thing to be, holy shit even South Park's had a parody of this "non-binary" craze because social media or media in general glorifies "The Struggle" and makes being heterosexual out as being about as interesting as dry toast.
>>
>>53410326
You, I like you. You at least seem sane.
>>
>>53410293
>Defending virtue signalling
Here let me further my definition because you seem to not understand it outside of an insult. It's used by people who don't actually think about their views. People who for example champion LGBT 'rights' while also supporting importing hundreds of thousands of refugees from areas that hate gays. These people do not actually think about their views they hold them purely for ego boosting and to go with the flow. This should not be hard to understand. It's grown into much larger problem because in the age of social media people believe their views actually matter.
>>
>>53410326
>I wouldn't demonize the other side like that. It's possible to take issue with that passage without being a raving lunatic.

I don't think you have to be a raving lunatic (I wouldn't characterize bigots as lunatics anyway, because that gives them an excuse for being fucksticks), but I honestly cannot see a reason to take issue with it that isn't rooted in bigotry. All they did was acknowledge that LGBT people exist and that it's OK to be one in game.
>>
File: mass-combat-2.png (309KB, 490x353px) Image search: [Google]
mass-combat-2.png
309KB, 490x353px
Has anyone used the mass combat rules? Either version?

I was tempted to use it in a recent session, but chickened out when I realized the players would need to read more rules.
>>
>>53410354
>It's also hard to quantify the value of the save boost and it gets different milage depending on DMs. Paladins can potentially passively prevent save-or-dies from passing.

Bless does that too. It's not as good as the paladin's aura, but it's also not stat-dependent or range-dependent.
>>
>>53410350
>>>53410304
>Literally the only reason to freak out about it is bigotry.
>>>53410307 (You)
>It's a component of character identity, and it's under the section about character identity. Literally all they did was acknowledge that LGBT folks exist.
It adds nothing though. Do you think players just have zero idea of gays? Tell me what it adds.
>>
>>53410355
Like most other people, I'm speaking with hearsay. Every goddamn time I'm in a conversation or see a conversation with a millennial that somehow enters the topic of LGBT, 99% of the time they're going to say they prefer the opposite gender but can be convinced to go the other way.

It's a phenomenon you see all over the goddamn place; I'm not committing to being exclusive, but I might as well be based on my behavior.
>>
>>53408058

Shortsword is a Monk Weapon.
>>
>>53410335
fucking everything beats the Tarrasque. It lost it's regeneration in 5e.
>>
>>53410367
Do you have any proof of this claim?

>>53410378
Everyone virtue signals. These patterns of behavior are part of how we establish ourselves as components of a social hierarchy you autistic dipshit.

Also the idea behind refugees is that they're only here temporarily, and you're oversimplifying your opponent's views, stop that.
>>
>>53410399
i heard the book was just out in the heat of transcraze
>>
>>53410338
This kind of shit has been part of the hobby since forever (Corellon has always been herm) and only got thrown out because of the 80's outrage. If anything, we're going back to the roots.

>>53410366
That's not true. Tumblr loves Pathfinder because Pathfinder does more than pay lip service to diversity and inclusivity. If anything, D&D is half-assing it and angering both sides for no good reason.
>>
>>53410046
This might be a trolls-trolling-trolls situation.

>>53410124
Ah... Those were the good ole' days. You see a fag, you chain him to the back of your pickup truck then drag him for a few miles. That'll show 'em! What, is having sex in the missionary position, with the lights off, for the sole purpose of procreation not good enough for you?! GO BE GAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!

>>53410273
Wait wait wait. People actually get butt flustered over that? I mean, yeah sure it's kind of groan worthy, but it's hardly worth making a stink about.
>>
>>53410378
But anon, if you don't import those gay-bashers than eventually nobody is going to care if you're gay... And where's the fun in that? How can you be ~special~ when nobody thinks your sexuality is special, or persecuted when there is no persecution?
>>
>>53410335
With those breath weapons I believe so, especially since I remember reading they aren't magical in nature.
>>
>>53410399
>It adds nothing though. Do you think players just have zero idea of gays? Tell me what it adds.

It acknowledges that they exist, and that it's OK to be one. That's what it adds, you idiot. When I was a teenager, I'd have probably appreciated it.
>>
>>53410420

Herm is a bit of an understatement with Corellon. Corellon is 'Whatever the fuck I wanna be right now'.
>>
>>53410326
Yeah we'll see how different it is at the next census. I doubt any change will occur because the majority of people who are identifying this way are young meaning they have plenty of time to change and form their views. Take hippies for example. There are very few nowadays because guess what? They grew up. The genderkin/pronoun wave is just a phase in a society that puts the oppressed on a pedestal.
>>
>>53410367
I hope you realize South Park is not a scientific source you can bring up to back up a claim. That "craze" may exist but you haven't proven it's responsible for a large part of the apparent trend.

>>53410372
I try, anon. I try.
Trying to put a philosophy degree to good use.
>>
>>53410417
There's no chance in hell the refugees are going back, they're here to stay and you better like it.
>>
>>53410393
Paladins get bless, too. And Cleric can only concentrate on one thing at a time, as can paladin. Cleric probably has more slots for upcasting it, but the cleric might be busy using their concentration on spirit guardians or something instead. It also takes an action to use bless. Paladin's aura range can be a bit of limitation, though, yes.

Charm (and later fear) immunity can really cover a lot of ground, though.
>>
File: Corellon_p63.jpg (51KB, 400x477px) Image search: [Google]
Corellon_p63.jpg
51KB, 400x477px
>Patron Diety of the Current Thread

>inb4 Slaanesh
>>
>>53410424
>Wait wait wait. People actually get butt flustered over that?

Massively so. There was a shitstorm and a half when it was revealed.
>>
>>53410430
DnD needs more gay NPCs.

Maybe we can hire Amber Scott to write them? She's been getting tons of work from Paizo.
>>
>>53410450
Is there a deity of butthurt?
>>
>>53410238
What's the best ratio for mcing into sorcerer?
>>
>>53410430
So gays didn't exist prior to the phb mentioning it? It adds nothing dude. If a guy wants to play a gay character he's not suddenly going to feel validated because of a little paragraph. There's no point to it's existence other than to fellate some people's feelings and even then most aren't even going to notice it because people skim that section anyway.
>>
>>53410399
When large portions of the hobby seem to shit on you or ignore you, acknowledging that you exist feels really good. So you buy the book and WotC got a customer with very little effort.
Of course, it also annoys some other people, but WotC is betting that it won't actually prevent many people from buying the books.

>>53410402
I think that this viewpoint is more sensible than you realize. There's nothing wrong with saying "I'm not committing 100% to a position just because there's some amount of evidence to support it."
>>
>>53410468
boy you sure seem buttflustered over a book saying gay people exist.
>>
File: EyeofGruumsh.jpg (63KB, 572x681px) Image search: [Google]
EyeofGruumsh.jpg
63KB, 572x681px
>>53410463
Probably Gruumsh.
>>
>>53410463
Pretty sure Tharizdun counts.
>>
>>53410468
>So gays didn't exist prior to the phb mentioning it?

As someone from a highly conservative background, they were viewed as degenerate perverts that happened only in big cities and on television.

What does your freaking out about it add? Why are you freaking out about it? Does it bother you to be reminded that LGBT folks exist?

Fucking myopic piece of shit.
>>
>>53408535

It was my first campaign after 15+ years of not playing TTRPGS. Mama Graul and her family still haunt me.
>>
>>53410417
You're trying to generalize virtue signalling to just talking about your views when that's not what it means. Why are you trying to make a term that has a good definition meaningless? Have you never interacted with people who hold views for no other reason than that their supposed to? Do you not see people vomit out terms that they don't really understand to garner attention from their peers?
>>
>>53410468

Well, it IS a Children's book. It's not really surprising that it has such a message, as 'X is okay to be' generally starts with educating children.
>>
>>53410464
If you have a lot of teamamates you expect to be near, 6 levels of paladin is good.

If you wanted to be a paladin anyway and just wanted to multiclass at the very late levels, paladin 11 is good.

If you were allowed to take oathbreaker, you go to 7. Maybe even 11.

Otherwise, paladin 2 takes you into sorcerery early and lets you keep fairly ahead on the spell slot train. Very good if you only have a few party members, king of burst, get lots of rest, etc.

So it kinda depends what you're going for.
>>
>>53410424
>trolls-trolling-trolls
On 4chan? Surely not! D:

Also, some gay dude literally got killed in this exact way a few months ago, mate. It's a real thing that happens.

>>53410427
I think you're projecting.

>>53410434
BRB
Looking up Corellon/Slaanesh fanfiction
>>
>>53410447
>Paladins get bless, too.

I know, but I've also seen enough paladins in action that never use it because they're smite-happy.

Clerics have plenty of good spells that don't take concentration. Spiritual weapon helps to bridge the gap created by not having Extra Attack. Divine Strike combos well with Booming Blade or Green-Flame Blade gained via Magic Initiate. Tempest and Death Channel Divinity options add decent burst potential too.

Paladins are great, don't get me wrong. Clerics aren't worse though.
>>
File: Shar.jpg (41KB, 301x499px) Image search: [Google]
Shar.jpg
41KB, 301x499px
>>53410463
>>53410490
>Shar presided over caverns, darkness, dungeons, forgetfulness, LOSS, night, secrets, and the Underdark.
>>
>>53410473
>Shits on you
Who? No one cares. I don't know why that bothers people so much. But no one cares.
>>
File: aw fug.png (158KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
aw fug.png
158KB, 625x626px
>>
>>53410442
I don't believe the census asks about people's sexual orientation, but I'll bet you it will show more people in same-sex households.
I hope the pronoun wave is going to pass because frankly I find it to be ridiculous, but it's definitely not going to sink back to historical levels.

>>53410463
I had sex with Slaanesh and now my butt hurts
>>
>>53410498
Because it doesn't have a good definition, it's just another term for "shit I don't like" that's been bandied around by /pol/io. It's the thinking man's "degeneracy." What they call Virtue-Signalling is just common social behavior, and we all hold certain beliefs because it validates our self-image and cements our status in a social hierarchy. People are not rational, and have never been.
>>
>>53410507
Shit paladins detected. My paladin literally never casts anything BUT bless.

>>53410512
>no one cares
Gee, a member of the majority doesn't care about minorities being shit on? I can't believe my eyes!
>>
So, you can't grapple&shove with monsters multiattack?
>>
>>53410507
Well, fair enough.

What I kind of wonder is if clerics are really always below bards and wizards. It feels like at least in the earlier levels they do pretty well, spiritual weapon / spiritual guardians / some other spell they only really need to cast once and their heavy armour + shield making up for the fact that casters early on don't have a lot of spell slots. And who needs bardic inspiration when you can use guidance on everything? Though cutting words is still really nice.
>>
>>53410476
Im not flustered I just dont see the point of it being in the phb. I don't know why explaining that reasoning is seen as flustered.

>>53410495
Oh yes I'm the bigot because I don't see the point of a useless description. Why are you defending this so hard? Do you need to have a reference to gays in every single piece of media in order to feel better about yourself? I just don't get it.
>>
>>53410572
>Im not flustered I just dont see the point of it being in the phb. I don't know why explaining that reasoning is seen as flustered.
because adding it in the book hurts literally no one, and might make some people feel a little bit better.
>>
>>53410555
>Not having a paragraph about gays and gender is being shit on
Hmmm
>>
File: bee holder.png (180KB, 1777x519px) Image search: [Google]
bee holder.png
180KB, 1777x519px
guys
relaaax

>>53410566
no fucking idea, Crawfish can't just give a straight answer and weaves unrealable legelese, as usual
>>
>>53410572
This is 4chan m8 anything not in line with the general consensus is but flustered. Especially for people who are just throwing it around attempting to get (you)s and be ebin trolls.
>>
>>53410572
>Oh yes I'm the bigot because I don't see the point of a useless description.

You're a bigot because the very mention of LGBT folks causes you to sperg out, you goddamn moron.

>Why are you defending this so hard?

Because it's an important step towards finally getting past our society tacitly ignoring that LGBT exist outside of LGBT speciific media.

>Do you need to have a reference to gays in every single piece of media in order to feel better about yourself?

If there are people in the media, there should be LGBT people in the media, it's as simple as that.
>>
>>53410580
It adds nothing though. You could have a full 100 pages dedicated to dwarves in faerun and it wouldn't be hurting anyone but it would still be useless in a players handbook.
>>
>>53410555
Good for you for realizing the smite line of spells really aren't that good, and that even a 1st level Bless usually contributes more to a fight than a Divine Smite.

>>53410566
The TL;DR is you can't replace anything in a Multiattack line. A monster has to use the regular Attack action to grapple or shove, and they don't have Extra Attack to be able to try more than one option in the same turn.
>>
>>53410566
RAW, no.
>>
>>53410566
By a very strict reading of RAW, no.

But monsters fall in the domain of DM fiat, so do whatever the fuck you like
>>
>>53410602
>it adds nothing I personally care about

I corrected that for you.
>>
>>53410602
>It adds nothing though.
again, it helps a small group of people feel better, that is not adding nothing, you're just flustered because a book dares to spend a whole sentence in a book to say "btw gays ok"
>>
>>53410554
I just gave you the definition. Like do you not have reading comprehension? Does the term bother you that much?
>>
>>53410602
>it adds nothing
It adds a sense of acknowledgement that queers exist, which reassures us queers that WoTC is at least willing to tolerate us enough to take our money.

That's what it adds. That might not mean anything to you, but there is still value being added.
>>
>>53410586
You're ignoring the comment you replied to before I replied to you. Gays WERE shit on, they are STILL shit on, and including that paragraph reminds them that not everybody is shitting on them.
I'm honestly not expecting you to empathize because it's possible you have no relatable experiences (and that would be a good thing), but I'm asking you to accept that it made some people feel better.
I'll be perfectly honest with you. Part of the reason I'm still engaged in this off-topic conversation is because I know there are gay people in this thread and I don't want them to feel like nobody's defending them.

>>53410588
I hate you so much for posting this picture and I'm saving it
>>
bumplimit comes early
>>
>>53410627
And I just pointed out that it's fucking vacuous and refers to standard social behaviours you fucking idiot. It's not a good term.
>>
File: unfullgrim.png (470KB, 351x846px) Image search: [Google]
unfullgrim.png
470KB, 351x846px
>>53410643
>>
>>53410603
Bless is objectively the most slot-efficient spell in the entire PHB. Not casting bless every battle is like not taking Eldritch Blast as a warlock.

>>53410638
>tolerate us enough to take our money
I love social progress you guys

>>53410645
No worries, OP will soon post a new thread. Hopefully with a Hispanic-inspired picture this time.
>>
Is there a website to find local DnD groups? Like meetup or something. I know at my local Hobby shop there is a group that comes in there on sunday around 1 and another that goes in on mondays around 4 that I can try to get in with but if that doesn't pan out..
>>
>>53410619
I had a Veteran attempt the Extra Attack version of grapple&shove with his multiattack on a PC.
>>
>>53410619
>>53410603
>>53410663

Seems like an overly strict RAW

>When you want to grab a creature or wrestle with it, you can use the Attack action to make a special melee attack, a grapple. If you’re able to make multiple attacks with the Attack action, this attack replaces one of them.

>Some foes have the Multiattack option under Actions
>While some PC classes gain an ability called Extra Attack, which satisfies the grapple trigger.

If a foe can get 3 sword swings in, it isn't that unfair that the same foe could try to shove someone down with one of those swings.
>>
>>53410665
we can give you links, but i promise you, anon, you don't want them.

Those people are not people you want to game with.
>>
>>53410538
You're right they only look at couples. Still any reliable polling group puts the number at 3.5-4% margin. I doubt we'll see that changing. I don't believe being gay is that environmental. The most you'll see is people identifying as certain things when they're young and then changing that once they've actually established themselves.
>>
>>53410665
Do you have any local game stores? You can go there and find people.
>>
>>53410473
Millennials in general seem to break under the suggestion of commitment, it seems to terrify them.

It's also a silly thing to say being willing to fuck that mythical unicorn of a man means you're Bisexual and yet another notch in the survey. Almost everyone goes their whole life without meeting that person, and even when you do it's from a distance.
>>
>>53410504
I like the idea of going paladin til 11, from there does it matter which subclass I go for sorc? Something like paladin (vengeance) 11 and sorcerer (storm) 9?
>>
>>53410643
>Gays are still shit on
In what gaming group that you have been a part of? I don't give a shit about society at large. Tell me about what group hurt you so badly.
>>
>>53410680
Yeah it literally hinges on the notion that monsters have "Multiattack" which is not the same as "Attack" with extra attacks.
>>
>Game Night
>Starting a new game, session 0
>Players give me their character ideas 1 on 1 before rolling their stats and filling out the character sheet
>Characters are:
1. White dragonborn paladin of Tamara
2. Dwarf Life Cleric of Bahamut
3. Human War Cleric of Lendys
Whelp, this is going to be a Dragon campaign I guess.

Also, hi Aaron you dragonfaggot. I've seen you ask for ideas here.
>>
>>53410688
I believe you. But why?

>>53410693
Yeah. Gotta wait til sunday to hopefully link up with a group that goes to the closest hobby store near me that actually has table space.
>>
>>53410663
>Not casting bless every battle is like not taking Eldritch Blast as a warlock.

Preach.

Bless often prevents more damage taken than multiple healing spells in higher-level combat.

>>53410680
You have to understand Multiattack is not the same action as Attack. The rules you're quoting are for the Attack option, not the Multiattack option.

>If a foe can get 3 sword swings in, it isn't that unfair that the same foe could try to shove someone down with one of those swings.

The RAW interpretation actually favors PCs. It shows PCs who specialize in grappling are better than other things at grappling.
>>
So let's be honest with ourselves here; besides the comment about gender in the PHB, how many gay people are ACTUALLY in the canon? How many straight people?
>>
>>53410663
>I love social progress you guys
You might think you're joking, but there are businesses run by people who are so adamantly anti-gay that they refuse to accept money in exchange for goods and services rendered to queers.
>>
>>53410708
Not him, but most gaming groups I've been a part of treat LGBT folks as the convenient butt of a joke.
>>
>>53410700
Whatever sorcerer is the most overpowered. Probably shadow. Though could see if stone or sea or whatever works. If all else fails, dragon sorcerer is always okay, even getting +fire damage to GFB at later levels.

It doesn't matter too much but your DM might be skeptical about allowing UA multiclassing, espsecially with stuff like shadow sorcerer.
>>
>>53410721
Look on Roll20, they've got tons of games.

Just keep your eyes open for bullshit.
>>
>>53410691
>I don't believe
I'm not trying to hate on you here, but it seems you're operating at least partially with gut feeling. As you say, the census will tell, but I personally believe it will show an increase in people being actively and openly LGBT.

>>53410695
>Millennials in general...
[citation needed]
>>
>>53408660
>>53409800
>>53409891
https://heatst.com/life/what-percentage-of-people-are-gay/
this guy got it, >>53410272
>>
>>53410740
>Just keep your eyes open for bullshit.

Bullshit how?
>>
>>53409499
you're just jealous that your black sister is dating a white guy
>>
>>53410732
They often are, I've played with Trans people before and they always seem to be a terrible bore.

Gays are better.
>>
>>53410731
And there are business so adamantly against Donald Trump they refuse to accept money from people who support him your point?

bonus fact one is completely acceptable the other is evil and shouldn't exist.
>>
>>53410755
actually my white sister married a halfblack guy, their daughter is the greatest.
>>
>>53410732
And? Do you take jokes for hate? Even there are some groups that dislike gays I don't think for a second that it's some wide reaching problem in the tabletop gaming industry. If it were you'd see a lot more gay bashing in the phb in order to get those sweet sweet gaybashing coins
>>
>>53410724
Why does sexuality and gender matter in a kids game?

>>53410731
Sounds like someone made a market opening for someone specializing in gay wedding cakes and gay wedding planning.
>>
>>53410665
Do you want to play in person, or are you satisfied with playing through internet?
>>
>>53410754
As in, terrible DMs with deceptively good openings or good DMs filling their spots with terrible players.

>>53410748
No citation, just a personal observation of a fear to commit. It extends from jobs (millennials are famously skittish with staying for more than a year) to relationships, which are more and more centered around casual dating and app-based hookups.
>>
>>53410724
I'm a gay but I normally play straight characters purely because I like the idea of them having babies if they survive.
>>
>>53410709
>>53410722
>The most common action to take in combat is the Attack action, whether you are swinging a sword, firing an arrow from a bow, or brawling with your fists.
>With this action, you make one melee or ranged attack. See the “Making an Attack” section for the rules that govern attacks.

RAW (too harshly) none of the monster's actions technically count as using The Attack Action, they have their own action names and everything.

But, if you accept that each of those actions counts as an Attack Action, then Multiattack just allows for multiple attacks in a single action.

>Multiattack. The dragon can use its Frightful Presence. It then makes three attacks: one with its bite and two with its claws.
>From Grapple: If you’re able to make multiple attacks with the Attack action
>>
>>53409740
Reddit is
---------------->
That way
Friend
>>
>>53410708
Society at large includes D&D nerds, and this may shock you but lots of D&D nerds are pretty insensitive towards gays and women with their humor (to say nothing of the trans).
I live in a very liberal area and I still got some super weird looks from a group when my character said something that suggested he's probably gay. And before you bring up the usual accusations, no, I wasn't shoving it down anybody's throat, I just declined to flirt with a woman.
Fortunately, every other group I've joined was better, but I'm also not going to pretend my experiences are universal. Bigotry exists in this community (you don't need to look beyond this thread to find it) and any small thing that can be done to alleviate it is not wasted.

>>53410721
FLGS groups are often composed of people who can't get groups in any other way, and that leads to people who aren't great in social situations. At least, so goes the conventional wisdom.
>>
>>53410796
I'm usually ok with PCs having tools to be good at grappling that NPCs don't have. If the NPC is supposed to be good especially good at grappling and shoving things around, it would be reflected in their multiattack options already.
>>
>>53410781
Kids are fascinated by kissing and handholding and grown-up stuff, that's why. Sex isn't on the table, but knowing Steve and Roger smooch is.

I'm simply asking how many Steve and Rogers there are in published works, compared to John and Jane.
>>
>>53410771
Because politically supporting an orange bigot is a willing choice.
>>
>>53410724
Not actually enough gay people in my opinion. WoTC is paying lip service to LGBT, which is better than nothing but not going far enough.
But it's okay, because most groups I've played in have included at least one LGBT character, so we're fixing the demographics bit by bit.

>>53410790
Personal observations are not reliable indicators of statistics.
>>
>>53410777
>And? Do you take jokes for hate?

Disdain.

>If it were you'd see a lot more gay bashing in the phb in order to get those sweet sweet gaybashing coins

You're making the mistake of assuming that a company isn't run by people with their own views.
>>
>>53410771
Wrong. Шo тo хyйня, шo этo хyйня, дa тaкaя, шo eбaл я их в poт.
>>
>>53410748
Why don't we just look at gay stats over the years? They all have consistently stayed at this 3.5-4% area outside of the one off shoddily done attention grabbing/media grabbing polls. Do you think gays were more or less open in the 90s? I just think that if we were going to see a significant change in people identifying as gay we would have already seen it. I think people believe that there will be more gays purely because they see more gays when in reality the numbers aren't changing it's just LGBTs are getting louder/more attention/more annoying.
>>
>>53410790
Those are largely due to economic factors. Most of the jobs available to millenials are shitty drudgery without much hope of advancement, and serious relationships take time and money.
>>
>>53410861
Is it back to Putin is pulling the strings? I thought it was Bannon it's so hard to keep track of without evidence.
>>
>>53410825
Spot the pedo
>>
>>53410873
>Without evidence
Nigger you're joking, right?
>>
>>53410790
>As in, terrible DMs with deceptively good openings

I don't know what that means.

>or good DMs filling their spots with terrible players.

How do I spot and avoid this? I'm completely new.

>>53410788
Most definitely in person if I can find an accepting group.

>>53410814
FLGS?

I completely agree with your first paragraph. I can say that even the small things help. Straight people just can't understand because they are never marginalized by something so intrinsic to their interpersonal interactions.
>>
Why do you need acknowledgement from WoTC?
If you want to play gay characters just play gay characters.
>>
>>53410796
>RAW (too harshly) none of the monster's actions technically count as using The Attack Action, they have their own action names and everything.
Correct.

>But, if you accept that each of those actions counts as an Attack Action, then Multiattack just allows for multiple attacks in a single action.
The hair to split here is differentiating between an Attack (action) and an attack (event). The action almost always causes the event, but the event need not be caused by the action (eg: casting a spell can be a spell "attack")

Really, the best argument for not letting monsters mix grapple/shove/etc in to their attacks is one of difficulty balance, and the idea that monsters who should be mixing in grapple/shove/etc will be already be written to do so (eg: wolves, octopus, etc)

But again, monsters are in the domain of DM fiat so you can have them do whatever you like.
>>
>>53410905
why not? It's not like that one little line cut a class from the PHB or anything, it's just one little sentence.
>>
>>53410771
>bonus fact one is completely acceptable the other is evil and shouldn't exist.
As a homo trump supporter I haven't the foggiest clue which one you mean.

>>53410839
That's besides the point.
>>
>>53410897
Friendly Local Game Store
>>
>>53407607
>>53405707
Out of curiosity, what bad thing happens if I give out a lot of magic items, but none of which are of the +x variety?
>>
>>53410905
>why do you want your parents to accept and support you?
>just go be gay on the streets

>why do you want your job back
>just go find another job that lets you be gay

>why do you want health care
>just go find another doctor that treats gays
>>
>>53410905
I'm just gonna make it clear as faggot, that I personally am sick of being "represented" in media. It doesn't need to be said anywhere because no one gives a fuck nowadays.
>>
>>53410867
>Do you think gays were more or less open in the 90s?

Not that guy, but substantially less, particularly for bisexuals who would have just went with being straight. The 90s still saw multiple high profile instances of anti-LGBT violence.
>>
>>53410867
More visible =/= louder/more annoying. Visibility is good.
Pride parades are cancer, though.

>>53410893
No, anon makes an excellent point. We need more Jack and Johns in stories to normalize homosex relationships. This helps prevent bigotry before it starts.
And no, it won't turn your children gay. If it does, they were already gay, and you were trying to make them change. You monster.

>>53410897
FLGS = friendly local game store
Some straight people understand being marginalized (women, for instance). But a large number indeed do not.
>>
Why are there so many liberal homos making this thread political, honestly worse than /pol/
>>
Speaking of winter environments
>>53410964
>>
>>53410928
>That's besides the point.

Not really. The gay people have no choice in being gay. The trump supporters choose to support him.
>>
>>53410946
I didn't know WotC and their Illithid masters ruled the world and influenced the masses with their subtle brainwashing techniques employed in their books.
Only with the guidance of D&D can the world be made for the better.
>>
>>53410981
Yet its ok to shame and make outcasts of one but not the other, solid logic there.
>>
>>53410981
We can have diversity of everything except critical thoughts.
>>
>>53410905
I understand that you don't know what it's like to be marginalized and discriminated against. And that's okay, it's not a failing on your part.
We just ask that you accept that it matters to other people and that it shouldn't bother you.

>>53410936
Usually nothing, magic is fun and if it doesn't mess with the math it's good fun. Unless you're talking about items that kill a person once a day. Keep it to +0 Tridents of Fish Command and Boots of Water Walking and the worst that will happen is your players not being excited over them.
My players each have, like, 2 magic items, and they (generally) love them.
>>
>>53410946
Terrible analogies

>>53410925
But why do you need it?
>>
>>53410934
Oh, well I'm literally friendless so I might as well give it a try. I have no other option. The woman I spoke to on the phone made was a valley girl and from her tone it seemed like the people who come in on sunday are, like, regulars and also, like, totally normal.

>>53410962
>Pride parades are cancer, though.
I want to say they have set back gay rights by years but that would deny the fact that degenerates gonna degenerate.

>>53410995
beat me to it.
>>
>>53411012
I don't think those were analogies anon
>>
>>53410995
Because one chooses to engage in their entirely correctable behavior. It's why it's socially acceptable to say a neo-Nazi is a piece of shit for being a neo-Nazi (and before you jump down my throat, I am not saying Trump supporters are neo-Nazis, I'm bringing up an intentionally extreme example to get the point across), but not a gay person for being gay.
>>
>>53410955
This may shock you, but you don't represent faggots as a whole.

>>53410995
Yes, it literally is more okay to shame a choice than shame a birth condition. To suggest otherwise is to say you don't need to have personal accountability for your choices, which I believe is the opposite of what Trump supporters believe.
>>
File: 25Beeholder_web.jpg (224KB, 864x315px) Image search: [Google]
25Beeholder_web.jpg
224KB, 864x315px
>>53410588
>>53410643
>>
>>53411030
But if one can refuse service to a group why is the other not allowed to do the same? If we want to apply equality shouldn't it be across the board a yes or no?
>>
>>53411005
Disagreeing with you =/= lack of critical thought.

>>53411012
>Why do you need it?
Enough people have answered that. At this point, the question becomes
>Why do you care?
>>
>>53411045
See my question here >>53411053
>>
>>53411051
I prefer the Bee-holder desu

>>53411053
The same answer applies. Because when you make a choice you need to live with the consequences. That's an essential part of Republican ideology.
Gays didn't make a choice, so it's shitty to discriminate against them.
>>
>>53411053
Ok, I want you to read it nice and slow, I know you can do this like a big boy, just like mommy showed you.

One. Example. Willing. Consciously. Chooses. To. Engage. In. The. Behavior. The. Other. Has. No. Choice. In. Being. Gay. That's the difference, you fucking mong. Being a trump supporter is not a fundamental component of your psychology, it's an idiotic choice.
>>
>>53411012
>terrible analogies

No they weren't. Hyperbolic, sure, but they reveal the underlying reasoning although its subtler when its just a line in a gameplay book and not life-or-death. It's the same thing. No one *needed* it probably but a lot of marginalize people probably got hope from it and that a good thing.

>>53410955
>no one give a fuck nowadays

Wanna know how I know you live in a comfy bubble? What if I told you the bound of that bubble were not the entire nation/continent/world, would it shock your pants off?

>>53411030
>Because one chooses to engage in their entirely correctable behavior.

Maybe we should put them in camps and reeducatee them to think rightly. Their values are 100% a choice and should be marginalized and changed by any means necessary. Holy shit you're dense.
>>
>>53410897
I've been marginalized for being a straight man before, it was the oddest experience I've ever had and had me called a slur I didn't even know existed, "Breeder."

Personally it wasn't insulting, considering breeding and impregnation is a kink of mine.
>>
>>53411108
>Being a trump supporter is not a fundamental component of your psychology, it's an idiotic choice.

As a homo trump supporter I can definitely say not wanting to be jihaded is just as fundamental to my life as wanting to fucc boipucci.
>>
>>53411096
If I ever DM I'm going to make a giant monster called a Beeholder just to fuck with people
>>
>>53410820
>>53410912
Well, unless there is an official ruling saying otherwise, I will continue to DM that the Multiattack action counts as an attack action.

I find that most of the monsters that have bonuses to grappling has it included as part of an attack, ala ropers and wolves.
>>
>>53411118
>Maybe we should put them in camps and reeducatee them to think rightly. Their values are 100% a choice and should be marginalized and changed by any means necessary. Holy shit you're dense.
>I mean, if you don't want to do business with assholes, why don't you just put them in camps you fucking Nazi!?

This is you, right now, you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>53411123
So much bait packed into one comment! I'm actually impressed.
But yeah, "breeder" is the dumbest fucking thing. Like, I get that LGBT people want to feel like THEY'RE the ones who get to exclude others for a change, but it's a really bad attitude to have.

>>53411118
>would it shock your pants off?
No, his erection would

>>53411132
>If I ever DM
Fucking do it you magnificent bastard
>>
>>53411131
Just to be clear to people who have never met a homo, I was being facetious. More than anything I want a like-minded companion to share my life with and to join their life with mine. Sex is completely negotiable to me. I'm a homo, not a faggot.
>>
>>53411134
>Well, unless there is an official ruling saying otherwise
Why stop there? Your table, your rules.
>>
>>53411169
I don't think it was bait, anon. I think it was one of those "just saying, for whatever its worth *shrug*" posts.
>>
File: shutterstock_207107347-998x667.jpg (94KB, 998x667px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_207107347-998x667.jpg
94KB, 998x667px
>tfw Bi
>tfw fucking fraternal twins
>bf is total bro
>gf is petite and mild manner
>tfw in public no one catches on
>mfw this thread
>>
>>53411201
Living the dream.
>>
>>53411201
You go brah/bro
>>
>>53411169
Some day
but not today
I'd like to at least be a player in a campaign that lasts longer than two sessions first
>>
>>53410772
I dont need your life's story faggot, and I don't need to know your opinion of your niece, why in all hell would you post this useless shit?
>>
File: Gersdorff_p21v.jpg (362KB, 1200x1599px) Image search: [Google]
Gersdorff_p21v.jpg
362KB, 1200x1599px
>>53411172
Just want to make it so that if people find official rulings online, they can trust them. Also, I want to limit the amount of homebrew that I have to explain to people.

It is rough enough when I want the table to use the Variants for Lingering Injuries, Massive Damage, Madness, and Milestone XP/Leveling.
>>
>>53411274
because it triggered you so hard, you fucking snowflake.
>>
>>53411201
I forgot where I was for a second and thought I was in /mascgen/.
>>
>>53411196
"Breeding is a fetish" is usually bait because it triggers homophobes who then yell about "breeding is the purpose of sex it is not a fetish" which then triggers homosexuals who then yell about "well then stop using birth control" and so forth
If I was mistaken then my bad

>>53411250
That's the thing about DMing
It's about providing others with the luxuries you know you will never experience yourself
>>
>>53410733
Just for shits, what weapon should I roll with for best results? A mail would be cool but so would sword and board
>>
>>53411295
>I respond seriously to a shitpost and get called out for being a self centered faggot who needs to tell his sister's life's story

How am I the snowflake when you feel like I need to know your life?
>>
Well its good to know the 6E has become about whiny faggotry now and apparently surpassed PF in that regard
>>
>>53411154
Jesus Christ, this has nothing to do with 5e. Take it to pol.
>>
>>53411348
Pol posters are better than waifu fap fetish discussions and dirty erp.

But yes. Both of them shit up a thread.
>>
>>53411353
It all started because a single line in 5e mentions a gay npc or some shit.
>>
>>53411134
There is an official ruling that saying otherwise. It's your table though.
>>
>>53410643
>I know there are gay people in this thread and I don't want them to feel like nobody's defending them.
And I appreciate that, even if you're doing so against an a/pol/ogist
>>
>>53411304
>browsing /lgbt/
Not on my life, sonny boy
>>
>>53411414
>implying gay people are so weak and pathetic they need to be defended by others
>>
>>53411430
>knowing what /mascgen/ is
>not browsing /lgbt/

Heh. Okay, kiddo.
>>
>>53411379
>Pol posters are better than waifu fap fetish discussions and dirty erp.
WRONG

>>53411409
The "customization" chapter has a paragraph saying you can be gay or trans. This triggers the /pol/.

>>53411414
>a/pol/ogist
>/pol/io
I'm learning the best words today.

>>53411444
>Implying "I like to hear a kind word" is the same as "I need protection"
>>
Experience or milestones for levels?
Interesting alternative or combination?
>>
>>53411475
Milestones
Experience is an antiquated system that makes no sense when everyone is expected to level at the same rate (identical experience tables, no class-specific experience rewards)
>>
>>53411457
>what is reading comprehension
>what are context clues
Yup. Fucking impossible to guess.
>>
>>53411320
I just want a proper experience as a player first
>>
>>53411506
Every DM does. We never get it. We accept this burden for the sake of others.
We're basically Jesus is what I'm saying here. The answer to "What would Jesus do?" is "he'd DM Curse of Strahd for his disciples."
>>
File: 1492712373509.jpg (6KB, 188x210px) Image search: [Google]
1492712373509.jpg
6KB, 188x210px
>>53411464
>The "customization" chapter has a paragraph saying you can be gay or trans. This triggers the /pol/.

What does it actually say?

>>53411464
>Implying "I like to hear a kind word" is the same as "I need protection"

That's it. It's just a kind thing to say that can mean a lot to the particular party.

>>53411504
>>
File: PolBait.png (65KB, 593x263px) Image search: [Google]
PolBait.png
65KB, 593x263px
>>53411545
>>
>>53411588
>implying a birth defect is the same as breaking the "gender binary"

Wow PHB beat Shill Nye to it
>>
>>53409499
You re taking the projection to a new level.
>>
>>53411588
Personal I think spiritual androgyny is God-tier. But this whole non-binary shit is retarded. There is literally no such thing. You are either male, androgynous, or female.
>>
>>53411612
It's not a birth defect if it's intentional, idiot

>>53411629
The PHB does not even mention "non-binary shit," except with the androgynous elves, which have a perfectly good reason to exist.
>>
>>53411475
Experience, because it directly and concretely ties progression to the accomplishments of the characters.
>>
>>53411638
>"You don't need to be confined to binary notions of sex and gender."

Something that isn't binary is non-binary.
>>
>>53411673
My bad; it does mention it. But every single example in the paragraph (except the hermy elves) is still technically binary.

>>53411661
So do milestones, if you award them when things are accomplished.
>>
>>53411496
My short experience with experience is that players want to have their PC go off do its flavor-thing in order to receive additional experience.

I felt Like I couldn't conclude these solo adventures quick enough for other players to loose interest. Of course each of them wanted some of this love.
>>
>>53411629
>born with outer bits
>born with inner bits
>born with both bits
>born with no bits
That's a tetrad, not a binary. Also only relates to physical sexual characteristics and not to societal function.
>>
>>53411544
You poor bastards. Current DM's making his own campaign up right now too.
Still gotta find fitting art for my character.
>>
>>53411726
"Gotta find fitting art for my character" is the hardest thing non-DMs have to do. You are spoiled and entitled and I'm jealous of you.
>>
>>53411710
I guess you missed the spoilered spiritual. I wasn't talking about hermies and non-hermies or physical bits.
>>
>>53411805
I'll ease the burden you guys have eventually.

Can't promise I'll be good at it, but I'll try.
>>
>>53411340
Whatever, really. PAM woorks, GWM works, non-GWM greatsword or maul works, sword-and-board works, rapier might work if you have plenty of medium stats to spare.
>>
>>53411464
>>>53411379 (You)
>>Pol posters are better than waifu fap fetish discussions and dirty erp.
>WRONG
NOTHING shits up a thread worse than fetish posters. That's reality.
>>
>>53410825
>I'm simply asking how many Steve and Rogers there are in published works, compared to John and Jane.

The majority of the market is heterosexual, therefore it's entirely as expected for the majority of fiction to be aimed at heterosexuals. In terms of representation of relationships that means homosexual relationships are going to be a minority of the relationships depicted.

Given the actual percentage of homosexuals that exist, it would be strange (and unrepresentative of demographics) for more than 1 in 20 of fictional relationships to be homosexual.
>>
>>53411958
Same goes for games.

If you tell Pol to leave his politics out of the game, he generally does. If you tell the fetishist to leave his fetishes at the door, he goes back to acting like a creepy fuck 10 minutes later.
>>
>>53411958
Yes, the current situation is a vast improvement.

>>53412002
Then let's see 1 in 20 instead of 1 in 2000.
>>
>>53412042
>If you tell Pol to leave his politics out of the game, he generally does
These threads strongly suggest otherwise
>>
>>53412043
It's not *good*, and I never said or implied it was. You're I putting words in my mouth.

But I don't feel a need to avoid this general despite playing the game, unlike Pathfinder.

>Inb4 why Pathfinder?
It does high powered campaigns better, and several of my friends prefer the larger selection of abilities each turn and the nearly classless levels of character customization.
>>
>>53412075
I don't think it does.
>>
>>53412075
>Look /pol/ly, we all hear about all of this gender politics stuff all day in real life. We don't want to talk about it in game. You're in a room full of straight men, and Steve's girlfriend. This is a game about monster hunting in a pseudo Europe fantasy setting. We're going to spend about as much time on gender norms and relationships as a Saturday morning cartoon in 1989, designed for 8 year old boys. 99% of the NPCs you encounter will not be romantically involved with anything, and it's mostly gonna stay that way. Now can we get back to fighting cultists and rescuing villagers?

>>Okay.

>Awesome. You see some cultists up ahead and they're about to start sacrificing babies to orcus. So what do you do?

Done.
>>
>>53412043
>Then let's see 1 in 20 instead of 1 in 2000.
I don't know where you're looking, but the proportion of homosexual relationships depicted in fiction in the modern world is much closer to 1 in 20 than 1 in 2000 in any given work of fiction.

Not that you should actually expect that outcome, since both the market and the creators are also predominately heterosexual, so there are additional factors creating a bias towards heterosexual characters:

- The difficulty of writing characters whose life experiences may be sensitive topics and also lie outside the experience of the author.
- A tendency to make characters similar to the target audience so they are more easily relateable.
- Publishers.
- Forgetting that minorities even exist.

There's real danger in trying to incorporate minorities into a commercial product if you do it badly. Nobody wants to read stories or watch TV shows where minorities are depicted as bad caricatures because event though the writer had good intentions he had no fucking idea what homosexuals/blacks/other are actually like. That can end up harming your product, offending people and ruining your credibility.

Haphazardly shoveling minority groups into something because "visibility" is unintelligent, often cringe inducing and isn't even good business.
>>
>>53412660
Gay writers are the people who should write gay characters
>>
>>53412759
That's a whole can of worms unto itself, anon.
>>
If you find a single paragraph acknowledging that trans people exist to be upsetting, you're almost certainly a bigot.
>>
>>53412118
You mean the fact that they repeatedly sperged out because there was a picture of a black person at the OP image?
>>
>>53412759
Then you have a problem of only a tiny fraction of fiction having homosexuals in it at all.

When it comes to depictions of minorities in fiction other than humor it should be done carefully, tastefully, by competent writers only and not as a shameless attempt to garner diversity points.
>>
>>53411903
> Non gwm mail and great sword
Is that a bad choice for those two weapons?
>>
>>53412864
Why?

They'd be able to write accurately portrayed gay characters.

Just like Japanese writers do a better job writing Japanese characters, and Italians do a better job writing Italian characters.

Write what you know.
>>
>>53412960
>Trans
>non-binary
pick one
>>
>>53412960
In a magical setting, where you can change sex pretty easily, compared to irl. The fact there are high level trans people makes no sense.
Biologically speaking, there is no reason for a member of a population to identify as intersex. And if you do, would you rather not just be a man some days, and a women others? Two wholes at different times, rather than two halves all the time.
A god being both sexes can make sense, because Gods can do whatever the fuck they want, but a mortal shouldnt.
Just shell out for the potion/wizard spell companents etc.
>>
>>53413049
They're not binary. Gender binary is very simply that you are what your genitals say you are.
>>
>>53413051
>poor people who can't afford that shit don't exist in D&D

It's not fucking Star Trek.
>>
>>53413019
Then there should be more gay writers?

Same with Asian American writers. I hear there's no representation of the Asian American perspective. But who else is qualified to write that? Definitely not a Jewish guy in Hollywood, and not a German stock Midwestern novelist either.

If you're not satisfied with how much you're represented in media, maybe you should make some media that represents you.
>>
>>53413061
That's sex. Not gender.
>>
>>53413087
You know some progressive wizard would just teleport around the world doing it for free anyways
>>
Does the shield master feat allow me to take no damage from a fireball if I pass a Dex save?
>>
>>53413151
Yes, there should be more. But there aren't. And that's not for a lack of effort on behalf of gay people.
>>
>>53413188
Gender binary is the claim that they're the same.
>>
>>53413231
No it isn't.
>>
>>53413249
Yes it fucking is. Your sex is your gender, leaving you with two options (also known as a binary).
>>
>>5341345
gender binary is the claim that there are only two genders. bi = 2. The claim that your gender is determined by your sex is not what gender binary is. that's something else.
>>
>>53413495
I have never seen anyone claim there are only two genders and that those two genders are NOT determined by your sex. That position is a fucking unicorn.
>>
>>53413495
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_binary#General

>The term gender binary describes the system in which a society splits its members into one of two sets of gender roles, gender identities and attributes based on reproductive organs.
>based on reproductive organs
>>
>>53409234
Well there was the Ur Dragon, but it split into Bahamut and Tiamat. You could be a GOO warlock that serves Azathoth that makes sure he does not stir from his slumber. You'd basically be a mortal Narlethotep.
>>
>>53409741
To be fair it's hard to go by the book when it's a thought book.
>>
>>53410716
Alright follow up:

Need some advice for how to utilize this properly.

I have:
An exiled white dragonborn who pledged his life to Tamara in an old, small, solitary temple devoted to Tamara. He seeks to go against his heritage, but will likely have some trouble keeping it straight. Tries to solve everything without force if possible, but if you give him a good excuse, he'll shed blood no trouble.

A "Judge Dredd" type of War Cleric of Lendy, all about that Justice, and being the literal hammer to solve injustice. No real reason other than "I have no other purpose"

A mild mannered Dwarf (?) cleric devoted to Bahamut, who wants a peaceful solution to most problems. Was rescued by silver dragons when his clan was overrun and killed by Goblins, and has since devoted his life to Bahamut.

A fourth character who is a Female Human Dragonsorc, most likely Silver (wants a frost theme going). Not sure about the personality or motivation, other than "DRAGONS ARE COOL, I WANT TO MEET DRAGONS"

So they have the holy trinity here. I am unfortunately not too knowledgeable about these guys, other than knowing that they tie in with each other (IIRC, Tamara is the consort of Lendy, and Bahamut is their son or something?), but is there are good plot hooks to utilize here?

I'd prefer using the fact that they are very much tied together through their faith, and of course, the Dragon theme. Would the HotDQ make sense to use for a party like this? I have considered getting it anyway, and it sounds like it might be fitting for a group like this - they'd have quite a lot of investment in terms of the whole Tiamat thing, wouldn't they?
>>
What's the correct way to play a chaotic good OoV paladin? By which I mean, how does one play chaotic good specifically? Also I'm using a mail, should I take gwm or go with a more versatile feat like resilience (con)?
Thread posts: 471
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.