[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 377
Thread images: 45

File: 1494082233219.jpg (548KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
1494082233219.jpg
548KB, 1200x750px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-RevisedSubclasses.pdf

>Official Survey on Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/6a608a27c7c9

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/:
>>53407607

What advice do you wish you had gotten as a new DM?
>>
>>53410964
There's a black man under that armor, yeah?
>>
>>53410964
Learn to say no to players.
Also, learn to not say no to players.
>>
>>53410988
That's the beauty of D&D little anon, he can be anything you want.
>>
>>53411020
But only if WotC says so first. If black people aren't mentioned in the rules then it's literally impossible to use them in a game.
>>
No more niggers?
>>
>>53411046
>not homebrewing niggers into your campeign setting
>>
>>53411049
That's the name of my next campaign.
>>
>>53411068
Top kek
>>
I sexually identify as an Attack Helicopter and i demand that WoTC acknowledges my gender in their PHB so i can finally play as one in campaigns.
>>
>>53411059
I said it LITERALLY impossible. Only with the guidance of D&D can the bigots be made to see the light.
If the rulebooks aren't full of gay, trans, black or bestiality characters and guidelines then how would people know they exist?
>>
Can we NOT shit up this thread too, just because you fear the gays?
>>
>>53410990
This is both deep, faux-deep, and correct.

>>53411046
>>53411097
The other thread is still up, please don't import derailments.

>>53411059
>>53411049
There's really no need to refer to all black people as "niggers." Unless you're racist.
You're not racist, are you anon?
>>
>>53411097
>Blackhawk Down's Syndrome
>>
>>53411128
>This is both deep, faux-deep, and correct.
thank you, anon.
>>
>>53411059
Here's a stat block for them.

Orc
Ability Scores: Str +2, Con +1, Int -2
Size: Medium
Speed: 30ft.
Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Aggressive. As a bonus action, you can move up to your movement speed toward a hostile creature you can see or hear. You must end this move closer to the enemy than you started.
Menacing. You are trained in the Intimidation skill.
Powerful Build. You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Ebonics.
>>
>>53411151
>Forgot to change "Orc" to "Real nigga"
I have shamed my family.

Related though- Why is the Orc PC race so shit? If they're going to have something as major as a negative to a stat they should really make up for it with something else, maybe give them +2 STR, +2, CON, -2 INT
>>
>tfw last thread
>tfw it made me remember the time I played in a 5e campaign where the DM somehow thought my character was gay
>tfw all those awkward scenes with shot down flirting or propositions

FUCK
>>
>>53410964
The age of Tyrone is over. The time of Hans has come.
>>
>>53411186
a racial bonus action (conditional) dash is pretty good, though.
>>
>>53411046
>being this assblasted about a paragraph

Don't you have anything better to do than look like a butthurt idiot?
>>
File: ahasverus.jpg (65KB, 727x348px) Image search: [Google]
ahasverus.jpg
65KB, 727x348px
How much of an asshole am I to make an eldritch horror type enemy that looks like a regular humanoid that's inactive most of the time but immortal?
It killed a few townfuls of people and the players tricked it into a demiplane because their attacks did nothing
It will escape later
>>
>>53411151
Don't forget the wetbacked version:

Ability Scores: Dex +2, Con +1
Size: Small
Speed: 30 ft.
Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Fury of the Manlet. When you damage a creature with an attack or a spell and the creature's size is larger than yours, you can cause the attack or spell to deal extra damage to the creature. The extra damage equals your level. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
Immigracion! You can take the Disengage or Hide action as a bonus action on each of your turns.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Cholo.
>>
>>53411128
>The other thread is still up, please don't import derailments.

But anon unfortunately the past several threads have been just one derailment after another. All over a handful of anons butt frustration showing.
>>
>>53411198
I think it's cute that your DM tried to cater to your choices instead of shame you, even if they were wrong about your choices.

Also, why the fuck is there no Corellon/Slaanesh slash fiction ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>53411233
A little bit, but so long as you keep giving them ways to either deal with him or eventually kill him not terribly so. It could be an interesting build up to a quest.
>>
>>53411233
Doesn't sound very horror-y to be completely honest

>>53411242
>>53411151
>>53411186
I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible
Fuck you and your racist bullshit, get the fuck out of here and only return when you're willing to be civil to everybody else on the board. Thanks.
>>
What's the best 5th level damage-dealing build?
>>
File: Aberrant_Sorcerer_(11523241).pdf (818KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Aberrant_Sorcerer_(11523241).pdf
818KB, 1x1px
A player is asking me to play this in my starting Out of the abyss campaign. I find the concept interesting but the level 1 feature looks too much nova-ish powerful. Has anyone played it before? Any suggestion?
>>
>>53411291
Fighter or Paladin. Pick one of those classes, just wreck shit, you don't even need a "build" just pick and wreck.
>>
File: Outsider.jpg (984KB, 1467x1467px) Image search: [Google]
Outsider.jpg
984KB, 1467x1467px
>>53411233
There's nothing wrong with humanoid GOOs.

One I had was a previously non-sapient one that some stupid-ass cultist accidentally awakened, naturally it immediately obliterated his soul and took over his body. Because it's first "body" and experiences in the material plane were via a human host, it's taken a preference to vaguely humanoid shapes.
>>
>>53411256
I was admittedly a little weirded out by the flirting and such, but it was more of the "dude, no. I'm not into that" than anything.

I just wanted a cute Paladin girl with braided blonde hair ;_;
>>
>>53411233
Sounds kinda lame to be honest if you don't play it right.

You need to drop plenty of clues, and then with dealing with it limiting it to 'immortal' is very much not a 'you'll have to think creatively' thing but a 'there's maybe two things you can do and that's it put your creative minds away' thing.

Unless it's immortal in a way that makes sense, such as 'It extends from an ethereal plane and thus its manifestation in the material plane is a projection' or 'It has a way of piecing itself back together' or something that opens up possibilities like 'maybe we should find a way to shift planes' or 'maybe we should find a way to prevent it from re-forming'. Rather than just 'your attack fails he's immortal lol'.
>>
>>53411291
Meme-build or something that a DM will actually allow at a table?
>>
>>53411324
>tfw hoping my cute dwarf girl nature cleric with braided red hair won't be treated the same way
>>
>>53411291
Paladin, GWM, PAM, great-weapon fighting style.

>>53411298
Didn't read the whole thing, just the level 1 stuff. The adding charisma for exhaustion isn't OP; in fact it's terrible, like the berserker barbarian. The table thing, though, is pretty fucking stupid and happens too often.
>>
>>53411337
The latter, but still curious about the former.
>>
>>53411218
>Implying

But anon that's the beauty of such a picture, it could be a white guy, could be a black guy, could be Asian or even a woman
>>
>>53411256
>no Corellon/Slaanesh slash fiction
>Rule 35

You know what must be done.

The best part is that usually slash fiction was originally just m/m, but is now any same sex coupling. So, Corellon/Slaanesh automatically counts for any definition.
>>
>>53411278
Remember to tell the orcs how much you white-knighted for them when they invade your home to pillage and rape. Surely they will spare you.
>>
>>53411373
Can't help with legit builds, but Arcana Cleric 1/Circle of Twilight Druid X is the best damage output meme-build in the game because of how damage is rolled for Magic Missile.
>>
>>53411278
>Doesn't sound very horror-y
It didn't just waltz into town and start attacking everything. It walked in, darkess fell over the town as a circle appeared in the clouds above, separating the town from the outside world.
Then everybody was gone. The players were in one of those towns at the time and barely survived by sticking together and keeping a light source at hand for the few minutes the darkness lasted.
>>53411269
I'm of course going to give them a chance to finish it off later but now they have to deal with it being unbeatable.
>>53411332
It's not an actual creature, more of a 3d projection on material plane because the actual creature is too incompatible to enter without wrecking everything. Physical attacks just phased though him while shadows obscured the contact point. Swords were covered in frost after that and the cleric almost kicked the bucket by standing in front of his path and he phased though her.

At least the players were confused as fuck afterwards and wished they never see him again. And the part where they almost got eaten by the darkess was tense as fuck with everyone pretty much holding their breath as an NPC adventurer party next to them failed their saving throws and disappeared.
>>
>>53410988

No fool its an asian woman

>>You found the chink in my armor
>>
>>53411355
Just express interest in men, could be something as simple as blushing when the party Barbarian takes off his shirt or making a cute comment about the quality of men in a city.
>>
>>53411278
Can't you pull that stick you used as a dildo out of your homo ass, we are joking around on the internet, be it racist or not

Reddit is
------------->
That way
>>
>>53411450
>all I found was the scroll bar
>>
>>53411298
I stopped reading after the table. That's dumb. If you want to make him happy you can but i'd make the table 3/4 negative and 1/4 positive.
>>
>>53411483
No your other tab, friend
>>
>>53411376
I was going to start writing something but then I imagined them going at it like snails with mutual penetration and now I can't write anything without giggling too much

>>53411450
Why don't you stop being triggered, all I did was bait you on the internet :^)
(Translation: "not an argument")
>>
File: 9a4.jpg (40KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
9a4.jpg
40KB, 320x320px
>>53411450
>Using an arrow

Pleb
>>
>>53411412
Sounds like either it should've been possible to break up their projected form (even if ultimately it doesn't achieve much) or it'd be more of a 'sucks everything into space', or a switch between the two.

So then they'd need to work with some wizard school to develop some sort of explosive that still works under whatever reality-bent end the other side goes to.
>>
>>53411375
>>53411438

>Heavily-armored Asian woman who really, really likes puns

I want this woman in my campaign.
>>
File: IMG_1025.jpg (87KB, 680x1058px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1025.jpg
87KB, 680x1058px
>>53411524
>>
Ok I have an unrepentant faggot in my group that went and made a new character thats pretty much shit but steps all over the Artificer/alchemist I have been using by grabbing pretty much all the exact same out of combat skills I have and trying to be a "healer" despite that being a dead troupe. Its kind of annoyed the piss out of me because I took this character specifically to take a step back from being since im the most experienced guy at the table and tend to the one everyone looks too on what to do.So now im stuck with a somewhat passable damage dealer that has some other guy constantly trying to jump in front of me using investigation and Medicine despite nobody in the party even grabbing these skills before in two years at the table

Im thinking about playing a Wu Jen since I have warm fuzzy memories of using them in the ancient days of both 3.5 and AD&D and I was wondering if anyone had any insight or advice on playing them. Its gonna be a game at lv12 and I can get approval from the DM for a reasonable set of magical gear that a character of this level could have
>>
>>53411438
I'm laughing too much at this. I need coffee.
>>
>>53411549
If only they had some casters other than the cleric who could shed some light into things. No wizards or bards so their party is pretty mundane and everybody groans when magic bullshit is involved.
>>
>>53411589
Grab some crafting homebrew rules and show him up as an actual alchemist. Get to higher levels and show how useful free and automatic detect magic and identify really are.

Also, stop being such a whiney manbaby that needs to be the best.
>>
>>53411620
Easiest way to handle it is have them talk to a wizard and he sends them on quests to gather ingredients. They kill shit while the NPC worries about magic.
>>
Howdy folks I have a question. I'm playing a rogue and I enjoy our time interacting with NPCs and in the city but I find combat pretty boring. All I do is sit behind cover and pound away with a shortbow goblin with no crossbow expert because i'm too squishy to get in close. What can I do to make combat more fun for me? I also keep trying to get us to spend more time in town but I constantly get out voted 4 to 1 on chilling in town so I feel like I have very little to offer. Please help.
>>
>>53411643
What kind of rogue are you?
>>
>>53411450
Has it occurred to you there might be bro-tier players on this forum who are not white, and that you and people like you could drive them away from the hobby, and this will make us miss out on awesome players?
>>
>>53411643
what archetype?
>>
>>53411639
They have a GOOlock acquaintance that's probably going to give them a hand since he's an expert in shit like this. Or they just need to deal with the fuckers who are actively keeping the link between worlds active so it can reach there in the first place. Whichever comes first.
>>
File: v7g6u9t.jpg (86KB, 666x628px) Image search: [Google]
v7g6u9t.jpg
86KB, 666x628px
>>53411675
>revealing that you are not white on 4chan
>>
>>53411675
Has it occurred to you that people generally no longer take racist seriously on 4chan? They simply assume it's memes to be edgy at this point.
>>
>>53411675
>calling this taiwanese puppet drama imageboard a forum
>>
>>53411643
lv 6 Thief with a short bow. Got my Expertise in Sneak, Perception, Sleight of Hand, and thieves tool. Rocking a +11 to sneak and sleight and a +9 to Perception.

Party is
A Moon Druid
4/2 Bard/Ranger
Open Hand monk
Fighter noob with gay ass plot sword and hard on for being a samurai (but didn't take the sub-class)
>>
>>53411698
Joke's on you, I'm white as a polar bear. But I have this magical ability of considering people beyond myself.
Also, I'd like to live in a world where people can admit to being non-white on 4chan. That's not a bad world.
>>
>>53411675
There is no race on the internet, I can't see you, you can't see me, as far as you know I could be a nigger, and if I was, you sure would feel dumb
>>
>>53411730
>>53411680
>>53411666

Wanted to play communist robinhood and steal from the bourgeois and give to the proles. But I haven't had good oppurtunity to do that since we spend so much time outside of civilization.
>>
>>53411730
Well if you're a thief that makes it all the easier, start stocking supplies to use on your bonus action like ball bearings, caltrops, sand for your pockets, flour get creative. Buy ropes you can attach to arrows and fire into a tree behind guys so your team mates can table top those schmucks, unfortunately it will also rely on your DM letting you do fun and interesting things.
>>
>>53411745
You could even be a girl!
>>
>>53411718
I think you're mistakenly projecting your viewpoint into others you've never asked for theirs. I guarantee you there are people who take racism seriously on 4chan (for example, all of /pol/), and that this shit can hurt even if you don't intend it to.

>>53411724
>An imageboard is not a forum
Pardon?

>>53411745
I don't give a shit if you yourself are black. You still don't speak for all black people, and many of them don't like this shit.
>>
>>53411777
It's "that guy" in imageboard form.
>>
>>53411777
>posting such obvious bait shit on a Mongolion Throat Singing Imageboard
>>
File: 1460916344488.png (47KB, 266x197px) Image search: [Google]
1460916344488.png
47KB, 266x197px
Any way to make the inspiration mechanic worthwhile?
Advantage is pretty lackluster and giving an automatic 20 on a single noncombat roll might be too strong.
Maybe just make inspiration give a single +10 bonus to any roll?
>>
>>53411777
>being so thin skinned that edgy memes hurt you
>being on 4chan
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>53411589

>>Play a character specifically to not overshadow other party members anymore
>>Asshole creates a new character that does the exact same shit
>>DUUURRR STOP TRYING TO OVERSHADOW PEOPLE DUURR

Yeah I understand that there are a lot of retard autists in this hobby I just didnt expect to find the brother/incestuous offspring of the one in my game apparently defending his boyfriend.

This is an overly elaborate way of calling you a faggot if you are too slow to understand
>>
>>53411777
>That shit can hurt
Toughen the fuck up, if you take offense to every off hand comment said then I hope it upsets you.

Also as to he doesn't speak for all black people does that mean you do? If so let me know so I can try and get your autograph Al Sharpton.
>>
>>53411825
If it is so lackluster, why do my players hoard it?

It is always awkward when you want to reward a player for good roleplaying, or using their flaws to get into trouble, only to find out they still have that inspiration from the second session.
>>
File: 1492778897716.jpg (101KB, 746x552px) Image search: [Google]
1492778897716.jpg
101KB, 746x552px
>>53411837
>>53411850
>>
>>53411740
There was a time when jokes were just jokes, and the average anon felt no particular hatred for the /b/rothas. But it created a community where those who did felt emboldened, and they flocked to it and began to work constantly to convince the rest of us with badly made graphs.
>>
>>53411825

Just use inspiration to do just that:
Allow them to do something inspired.

If the character is playing a grappler, and they want to do something silly like "I want to use this grappled enemy and push them head first into the fire! and hold them there!" If they have an inspiration point, let them try even if they otherwise would not be allowed to (maybe they are too small, maybe they used all their movement etc)

Its basically a license for you to DM-fiat to let them do something awesome they come up with themselves and it encourages more creative gameplay.
>>
>>53411862
This is exactly accurate, and why I try to fight that shit now. Because it used to be edgy jokes but enough people have started taking it seriously and thinking actual racism is okay that it made the "joke" status go away. It's just racism now, except these people think racism was always acceptable here.

>>53411858
Is it possible they hoard it because you don't award it often enough? Maybe they feel like it's precious and so they're reluctant to use it.
>>
>>53411862
So? You ignore them and don't let them take something away from you for the sake of what others might say.
>>
File: IMG_0873.jpg (72KB, 492x740px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0873.jpg
72KB, 492x740px
>>53411861
Why have some shit-tier boring fun when I can laugh my ass off at my own edgy jokes anon?
>>
I feel like I'm doing something wrong as a DM.

No one in combat ever asks to do things like...tip a brazier over and cause a fire, or swing from a chandelier, or take cover behind a big rock, etc. etc.

Am I just not describing scenes with enough detail?
>>
>>53411890
>What others say don't matter
>Black guys can still have fun at a KKK rally
>>
>>53411890
Which would work if they didn't have a Na/pol/eonic complex and try to constantly shill their shit in every board.
>>
>>53411825
It's not supposed to be something you really want. It's really just supposed to be a pat on the back 'well done' without invoking too much jealousy from everyone else.
>>
>>53411916

Check if your players know the mechanics behind such movements or taking cover.

you'd be surprised.
>>
>>53411916
If the players arent asking stuff like "is there a brazier anywhere I can tip over?" then it is there problem, not yours.

No matter how detailed you describe the room, the players should still ask stuff. They're playing in your box, so the creativity is up to them.
>>
>>53411926
They're in a hood and cloak I don't see why not, expecially if they hate other blacks
>>
>>53411916
Have enemies start doing it, it could be they don't realize they can or have had a DM that shot them down so much they stopped trying.
>>
>>53411915
Because fitting your humor to the social context is the mark of a well-adjusted human being

>>53411916
Possible they don't know like that one anon said, possible you don't describe it with enough detail (definitely a problem I have).
>>
>>53411946
At the point where you literally say it's okay to be kkk, I feel like this conversation isn't going anyway

>>53411950
Always a great idea to introduce things to players directly via other people doing it.
>>
>>53411955
I use normal jokes in my daily interactions, but here we are anonymous, so why can't I make edgy jokes anon?
>>
>>53411926
>I know I'll go to an extreme example where it's not just words and threats of physical violence

Ok

>>53411935
So they shill, the more attention you give them the more they shill. The less attention they still might shill but does it matter since no one is listening?
>>
File: mass-combat-2.png (309KB, 490x353px) Image search: [Google]
mass-combat-2.png
309KB, 490x353px
Reposting from the previous thread just to see anyone has used them.

Has anyone used the mass combat rules? Either version?

I was tempted to use it in a recent session, but chickened out when I realized the players would need to read more rules.
>>
>>53411916
Kind of a side note, but I'm never sure what players actually want to do when they ask to swing on drapery or chandeliers. Is it supposed to vault them forward and give them movement?
>>
>>53411102
I will never understand how people can get this mad at a single paragraph among many others detailing FR ethnicities, or at about 2 sentences saying that your character doesn't need to conform to gender roles with lore justifications
>>
>>53411916
Are any of those actions really more effective in the given situation than "hit thing with sword"?

Also are you using a grid and minis or narrative combat?
>>
>>53411970
"Anonymous" just means there's no consequences, it doesn't mean different things are acceptable. You should make those jokes in places where you know they're acceptable, like /pol/ or among friends you know are ok with them. Not among strangers who may be uncomfortable with them but resigned to a shitty experience.

>>53411975
When you ignore them, they get emboldened and elect Trump.
>>
>>53411984
You might want to ask again in a few days, the thread is getting shit up real bad
>>53411967 if someone wants to be in the kkk what could I do to stop them? It's not in my control if people join the kkk
>>
>>53411769
Already got the caltrops/ball bearings. Made alchemist fire rockets with my bow and some string. What are usefull items to have for batman rogue.
>>
>>53411994
>I will never understand how people can get this mad at a single paragraph among many others detailing FR ethnicities

Too many blacks in my Europe Land, and not enough Whites in Black Land.
>>
>>53411989
They want to be Errol Flynn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MqmpL6X_8w
>>
>>53411989
Maybe ask them?
>>
My FLCGS has 5 groups on Wednesdays, each of which has over 7 players. I'm heading up this evening to look into DMing an AL game in the hopes of those other groups having a more manageable player count.

I've never done anything with AL, anyone know what I'm in for from experience? Am I making a Huge Mistake?
>>
>>53412012
pol is one of 4chan most popular boards, if you can't accept that fact you can leave
>>
I'm dealing with crippling depression right now and I'm supposed to be DM'ing this weekend. I've been holding it off for ages and I don't wanna delay it any longer.

Can someone please give me some stuff to steal so I don't have to do any work?
>>
>>53412012
>Ignore them
>Constantly being told they're wrong
>Made fun of and told not to think or say this or that
>Arguments about feelings instead of logic

Do you really believe they were ignored and not actively made to walk on egg shells because their beliefs weren't the norm? Also how well has that worked out? Making them feel inferior and belittling them instead of attempting to find the root of their problems?

If so there's no reason to continue this conversation. Even though it shouldn't be happening in the first place because this is 5eg and not /pol/
>>
>>53412070
What's your campaign been like so far? What's the PC party like? Are you taking medication and seeing a therapist?
>>
File: You have to go back.jpg (149KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
You have to go back.jpg
149KB, 800x820px
>>53412012
>>53411777
>>53411718
>>
File: ZV8071.jpg (65KB, 448x312px) Image search: [Google]
ZV8071.jpg
65KB, 448x312px
>>53410964
Has anyone here done a campaign where a lot of enemies would be using firearms?
>>
>>53412055
My adventurers league expirience has been pretty good, but I don't think thats the norm. One of the DMs might be a communist though so take that how you will
>>
>>53412092
>Firearms
>DnD
Cease and fucking desist. Just because it's in DMG doesn't mean you should use it.
>>
>>53412055

I really hate AL because it sticks with a standard system and a standard campaign. I'm a homebrew kinda person.
>>
>>53412081

It's a fresh campaign. I have tons of stuff planned for later, but I'm just having trouble getting it off the ground since it's my first time.

Yes, I'm taking medication, no I'm not seeing a therapist because the last one had to stop working and I'm back on a waiting list to see another one.
>>
>>53412088
But reddit is home to the largest community of Trump supporters on the internet?
>>
>>53412022
Sand for your pockets and trap detection, rope, manacles, flour pretty much read through the items you can buy and ask yourself "is there a way I can use this?"

>>53411984
Wish I could help senpai, haven't had a chance to use them.
>>
>>53412141
But /pol/ hates them
>>
>>53412092
No way too much of a headache in my opinion, that and lots of firearms means shit can easily get out hand.
>>
>>53412140
Tell us about your later plans, that way we're not suggesting things that obviously aren't going to fit in. Is this starting from first level?
>>
>>53411984
I was considering using them for a couple strung together One Shots that's basically going to be copies of some of the missions from Lost Planet 2, namely the Rounders vs Sand Pirates in the ruined village and the Sand Pirates vs. NEVEC Landship, but those rules don't really fit for something as chaotic as those fights and only really work for big armies fighting in organized formations.

I might end up having to make my own rules for it, however they'd be rules for a DM to use rather than players as a quick and rules/rolling-light way to handle groups of enemies fighting in the background. If I do I'll probably post them here.
>>
>>53412172

Starting at 3rd level. The party is gonna start in a country in the middle of a civil uprising. I don't wanna railroad them into getting involved, but obviously it's going to be happening all around.

I have some more 'interesting' things planned for later, and one of my players browses /5eg/ so I don't wanna spoil too much.
>>
I'm trying to build a Better Wizard.
We're using Standard Array and I'd come in at Lvl 6. Should I be...
>High Elf
>Variant Human

I don't plan on multiclassing and the the only feats that seem good for me are Alert, Observant, and maybe Spell Sniper.

Also what is the best wizard path? UA's are allowed but not Lore Master.
>>
>>53412301
Might as well be a High Elf, "best" is either Abjuration, Divination, or Bladesinger, depending on your preferred playstyle.
>>
>>53412301
Variant Human
Spell Sniper
Divination

It isn't broken, but divination wizards are very powerful.

>Captcha says vehicles
>Select the stop sign
>It's good
>>
>>53412301
Divination. Get War Caster. Your race doesn't matter much as long as your int isn't shit
>>
>>53412301
>what is the best wizard path
Hands down, it's diviner wizard. It's the most "Fuck you" archetype in all of the core, and it gets it's best feature as early as level 3.

>No, I don't think BBEG made his save.
>Actually, I don't feel like receiving a critical hit.
>The beholder turns me to stone? 'Fraid not.
>>
>>53411046
>bootybothered
>>
File: double-blind.jpg (216KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
double-blind.jpg
216KB, 760x596px
>>53412344
>>53412346
>>53412363
>>53412367
But how do you make the best Diviner?
>>
>>53412301
Warcaster isn't bad. Con save proficiency wouldn't be bad either.

I'd say either theurgy or divination unless you're bad at playing in which case bladesinger is there to give you the baby armour.

If you really know what you're doing, you can actually get good milage out of some of the other wizard schools like necromancy. Having a skeleton army is powerful, but tricky to manage. Enchantment and illusion need more roleplay to work well or your DM not to be a fucking 'the monster automatically rolls and determines your illusion sucks'

If you want to really just be powerful though
Take 1 level of cleric to start with
Put the rest of your levels in wizard
And play a yuan-ti

>>53412367
Can't use the diviner feature after the roll has been made, though. You use it before even rolling, so you don't know if you'll fail or whatever anyway.
>>
>>53412404
Pick a halfling as your race, and get Lucky feat on level 4.
>>
>>53412367
>>53412363
>>53412346
Would Lucky be better than spell sniper for a Divination wizard? So I can reroll my portent?
>>
>>53412436
Why go to that much trouble to reroll it? Use good numbers for yourself and allies while reserving bad numbers for enemy saving throws.
>>
>>53412408

>Can't use the diviner feature after the roll has been made, though. You use it before even rolling, so you don't know if you'll fail or whatever anyway.

Yeah, but if I have a 20 and a 1, why not force my Fighter to crit? Why not make the enemy roll a 1 on his save?

I mean they could have happened naturally, but I can guarantee they will.
>>
>>53411256
>I think it's cute that your DM tried to cater to your choices instead of shame you, even if they were wrong about your choices.
This.
>>
File: Efbcwuq.jpg (31KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Efbcwuq.jpg
31KB, 450x600px
So when are we getting a book focused on character options?
>>
>>53412585
Probably in Fall 2017 or Spring 2018, around the same time of year that Volo's Guide and Tales from the Yawning Portal recently came out.
>>
Do both weapons need to be "Light" in order to dual wield them, or just the off-hand weapon? I only ask because I'm confused; "light" and "one-handed" aren't totally synonymous terms in the book.

To take a concrete example: would I need to take the Dual Wielder feat in order to dual weild a longsword and a hand crossbow?
>>
>>53412585
What kind of character options? How much a house costs? The price of an acre? The bride-price of a voluptuous village virgin?
>>
>>53412585
Possibly rolled into one that has more subclasses. As to date some anons have guesses based off the code names given to future releases but that's it.
>>
File: lewdknnaa.png (56KB, 167x359px) Image search: [Google]
lewdknnaa.png
56KB, 167x359px
>>53411198
>tfw both genders have flirted with the character
They've all been shot down
>>
>>53412629
Both weapons need the Light property. Can't do rapier and dagger without the Dual Wielder feat.
>>
>>53412579
How rare is it for a DM to cater to a homosexual or lesbian character? For that matter, how often do DMs craft romantic interests at all?
>>
File: 1494592330444.jpg (34KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
1494592330444.jpg
34KB, 480x542px
>>53412662
>Last campaign I ran I had to play 3 romantic interests for the PC's.

That was fun.
>>
>>53412569
The point was more about 'actually I don't feel like receiving a critical hit' or 'beholder turns me to stone?' or 'don't think they made their save'.

It definitely has uses, but it's for 'you knew this would happen' rather than 'actually let's change fate'
>>
File: Two Weapon Fighting.jpg (57KB, 475x242px) Image search: [Google]
Two Weapon Fighting.jpg
57KB, 475x242px
>>53412629
Crossbow Expert is slightly better for what you're trying to do than Dual Wielder.
>>
>>53412662
I'm the wrong person to ask. I've literally never played DnD. Not yet.
>>
>>53412659

Alright, thank you. Again, the weird venn diagram of "light" and "one handed" was what confused me.
>>
>>53412662
Really depends on the group.
>>
>>53412662
The only players I've had who played openly non-straight characters were too gross and autistic for me to entertain the notion.
>>
>>53412662
Depends on the DM. I'm all for it, and I've even had an online DM who was nonchalant about it. But I'm sure many would uncomfortable with it.
>>
>>53412683
Tell us about them! Were they cute? Tough? THICC?
>>
>>53412686
I was fully intending to take Crossbow Expert as well, I just wasn't clear on whether Dual Wielder was a necessary prerequisite to have both the sword and crossbow in the first place. The character would be a variant human so I'd get one of the feats straight out the gate.
>>
>>53412776

Crossbow Expert is its own thing. It doesn't use the two-weapon fighting rules, it just uses its own rules for getting a bonus action attack.

Nothing stops you from holding two weapons if one is not light. You just can't use the two-weapon fighting option that way. Crossbow Expert is its own option.
>>
File: ltgj04919ivy.jpg (28KB, 720x340px) Image search: [Google]
ltgj04919ivy.jpg
28KB, 720x340px
>>53412770
It was an Eberron ame.

First that cropped up was one of the characters allies - a rather charismatic but naive warrior who was getting duped and misled by the gorups sorceress until she started to feel for him and fell for him.

Second was a half orc journalist type guy that the groups artificer took a liking to. The artificers player as a gay and loved bara so I don't really know what I was expecting when I off handedly threw a slightly big half orc into the game randomly.

Last was a medusa that had one or two flirty comments with the group monk, but the monk flirted back. Again, not at all planned considering it was another throw away NPC. But the monk player really liked her and I figured I could include her more. Had to figure out of Medusas laid eggs or live birth though.

Only one who was reasonably THICC was the warrior, and he was just thicc headed. Medusa and journalist were entirely unplanned, the warrior dude was taken via leadership feat.
>>
>>53412633
>The bride-price of a voluptuous village virgin?
Is that a thing?
>>
>>53412739
The cardinal rule of being attractive rears its attractive head yet again.
>>
>>53412858
Bride price is absolutely a thing, and it's meant to be paid to the woman's family as a sort of reverse dowry or if a man deflowers a virgin and thus ruins her marriage prospects.
>>
>>53412585
Next week Friday and Saturday WotC are doing a stream. They might announce some stuff then.
https://dnd.wizards.com/streamofannihilation
>>
>>53412858
Why wouldn't it be?I've been in need of a human sacrifice for a while
>>
>>53412836

Ohhh, I see now. So with Crossbow Expert, I get all the perks of dual wielding (just limited to crossbows only). Thanks!
>>
>>53411046
I don't get it, orcs are right there man
>>
>>53412908
i meant in game. but read above I see it totally could be.
>>
>>53412858
Bride-price was historically a thing, though I doubt the little rascals in Washington are partial to assigning gold values for a woman's hand in marriage.

Though it would be a fun thing to roleplay out!
>>
File: 1489791682714.jpg (56KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1489791682714.jpg
56KB, 500x738px
>>53412846

>no thicc girls
>>
>>53412569
>>53412459
>>53412436
>>53412421
>>53412408

I was thinking of being Schrodinger the quantum mystic and fluffing my Lucky and Portent fuckery as being my consciousness jumping between similar but parallel time lines where everythign is the same but the result of the new roll.
>>
File: 1494945828800.jpg (58KB, 536x725px) Image search: [Google]
1494945828800.jpg
58KB, 536x725px
>>53412971
This was like a decade ago anon, well before THICC memes came up.
>>
>>53412986

>still no thicc girls

Anon you have failed here and 10 years ago, stop while you're behind
>>
File: I don't know you but.png (50KB, 208x321px) Image search: [Google]
I don't know you but.png
50KB, 208x321px
>>53413035
Compared to dealing with thicc memers, playing a bara half orc was far more bearable.
>>
>>53412984
Only one question before you do that -
Have you done a course on quantum mechanics yet? Or, heck, even special relativity?
>>
>>53412986
Big tits have been popular for centuries, anon!

Oh wait, I told a little bit of a lie there; did you guys know that large breasts, voluptuous figures and (for men) large dicks was a stereotype of the "Country Folk" since Greek times? I'm phoneposting so I can't go into too much detail (yet), but the old assumption was rustic people are closer to nature and thus more animalistic, and thus more prone to having lots of kids or desiring them. This means wild figures or bestial proportions!

And I say it's a thing even today because, surprise surprise, people have things to say about "the old man knows how to grow them" with country girls or "everything's bigger in the country" with country guys.
>>
>>53413048

no need to take (You)rself so seriously, I understand that we all have shortcomings
>>
File: ac5.png (260KB, 461x534px) Image search: [Google]
ac5.png
260KB, 461x534px
>>53412971
>no thicc girls
>>
>>53412984
I've had a similiar idea. Every time my diviner uses portent, he actually travels through the timelines into the one where he's destined to succeed.
>>
File: zégotinha.jpg (34KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
zégotinha.jpg
34KB, 450x338px
>>53411278 >>53411675 >>53411740 >>53411777 >>53412012
Black man here. Reading your post is almost painful from all the cringe.
Leave us alone, we don't need defenders, especially on an online rice-extorting tips community. Fuck off.
>>
>>53413135
What is going on on this picture?
>>
>>53413112
>>53412984
I believe that's how magi works in the Death Gate book series. Pretty cool actually, I might make a character like that.
>>
>>53413135
>Black man here
I have no reason to believe you, nor to take your word as representing all black people even if I did.
You fuck off.

>>53413145
Apparently evidence that black people think racism is funny.
>>
>>53413185
Nothing better than a whitey telling a black man how he should feel.
>>
>>53412858
>>53412908
We could calculate it easily in DnD terms.

If we look at tribal societies today see that the bride price they pay is usually some combination of livestock. Find a bride price of a girl irl of the equivalent social standing. Then convert that into gold. and you got your bride price.

1 cow = 10 gp
5 goats = 5 gp
10 chickens = 20 cp

and there you have it. 15 gp and 20 cp for your vulupous maiden.

fun fact: translated into modern currency the average american slave was worth just under $35K and a modern cow can sell for 4k to 6k so a slave cost [35/6]x10 or 58.33333 gp
>>
>>53413077
>tits
>thicc
Ass/Hips/Thighs are where it counts. Cowtits and flab are not the essence of THICC.
>>
>>53413145
Zé Gotinha, literally Joe Droplet, is a character used in brazilian vaccination campaigns. The picture is a girl receiving oral vaccine (a drop, so to speak) against polio.

>>53413185
I'm a huemonkey, of course I'm black. I might not represent everyone but I do represent at least one, which is me. You only speak for yourself, white boy. Wanna help us? Stop treating us like children.
>>
>>53413244
My character in one of the previous campaigns was so rich, he offered to pay his daughter's weight in rubies as a dowry.
He didn't get to marry her off, he died before that.
>>
>>53413254
Why is Joe Droplet dressed like a klansman with a smiling skull on his hood?
>>
>>53413075
No but niether have most scifi writers. Have watched a bunch of documentaries both accredited and nonacreddited about quantum fuckery. Also experienced the glory of my own ego death if you know what I mean so I think i'll be fine.
>>
>>53413310
As long as there's no actual physicists at the table.

Last time I played D&D in real life a black guy burst in mid-session and asked if he could quiz us on quantum theory. Or maybe that was before-session. I don't know.
>>
File: sus.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sus.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>53413300
His head is supposed to look like a drop of water, and he's white probably because it's the color associated with doctors, medicine and stuff.
SUS is Brazil's NHS.
>>
>>53413254
Damn you Anon you will get represented in the PHB and you will like it!
>>
>>53413254
Here's a fun fact: you're not the first black person I've ever talked to. Others were not thrilled with being called "niggers" and being statted up as orcs by white nerds.
So shove it. I don't care about your opinions, nor do I give a shit how you feel about things. Imma argue against racism if I feel like it.
>>
Is Champion Fighter without feats viable?
>>
>>53413369
>realistic eyes on a cartoony character
Why do they keep doing this? Can they not see how creepy it is?
>>
File: pol gets blacked.jpg (371KB, 1134x993px) Image search: [Google]
pol gets blacked.jpg
371KB, 1134x993px
>>53413425
And we are going to laugh at you in response. This is 4chan, not tumblr, we're gonna do what we want and say what we want.
>>
>>53413425
But anon this is /tg/ and not /pol/, by arguing you are being just as bad as the people throwing around the word nigger. In that you are derailing the thread instead of reporting or ignoring.
>>
>>53413434
It's probably one of he most feat-dependent things in the game.
>>
I can't stand the concept of leather armour in an european fantasy setting as it's totally historically inaccurate

How do I remove leather armours without hurting my players with my autism?

I've thought of just granting 11+Dex at lvl 1 (leather armor)/ 12+Dex at lvl 5 or 3 (studded leather) anyone having proficiency with light armour for free.
>>
>>53413461
BLACKED
>>
>>53413425
>>53411151 here

What makes you assume I'm white سخيف الأمريكية?
>>
>>53413489
>How do I remove leather armours without hurting my players with my autism?
How about you don't?
>>
>>53413489
Leather armor is a thing, it's just that it's a type of scale or lamellar armor rather than the idiotic leather plate or latex suits that people imagine nowadays.
Just inform your rogues their armor is made of tiny scales.

>>53413519
When did I ever say you were white? :^)
>>
>>53413244
>The price for the village beauty is 1st level chump change

Well, that's a character who's motivation to adventure won't last long.

Unless they get married after the first adventure and subsequent adventures are to secure land, a house and money for kids!
>>
>>53413489
Brigandie or whatever
It's not as if any of the other armour is accurate?
>>
File: The delegates, Bernie.png (701KB, 662x647px) Image search: [Google]
The delegates, Bernie.png
701KB, 662x647px
>>53413573
That's a recurring problem with 5e. You have a shitload of gold, but unless you invest it into real estate, you don't really have anything to do with it - other than spell reagents, I suppose.
This is why our DM made an adventure about developing a new land, where we'll have to build houses, churches and brothels mostly out of our own pocket.

>mfw my character literally had to defend herself by saying she creates jobs, donates to charity and invests into infrastucture
>>
File: 656310.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
656310.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>53413567
>>53413425
>Others were not thrilled with being called "niggers" and being statted up as orcs by white nerds
>>
>>53413567
>being called "niggers" and being statted up as orcs by white nerds.

Right here senpai
>>
Where's the best place to find a decent group online? I tried one roll20 game but the DM was even newer than me, hadn't prepared anything, and had a shitty attitude towards the players.

My friends irl/online aren't interested, and I'll be going to the local hobby store this weekend to see if they have any open groups so I can play in person. But I don't know where to look online.
>>
>>53413567
>>53413596
>It's not as if any of the other armour is accurate?
Sure, but even thinking of a dnd-style leather armour hurts. I don't know why

But Brigandine would be good instead of studded leather anyway, thanks
>>
>>53413573
>Having kids

Ugh, is she just a womb to you? Why not tie her up with the other sows if you're intent on making her a filthy breeder.
>>
>>53413667
What is this autism?
>>
>>53413643
>>53413637
Fuck, I did in fact say that. Hoisted by my own petard! D:
Arabs are white though
>>
File: 1460820751632.jpg (34KB, 461x439px) Image search: [Google]
1460820751632.jpg
34KB, 461x439px
>>53413760
>Arabs are white
>>
>>53413696
If you haven't noticed 5e threads have been getting shat up by some bored shitposter. I'd be willing to bet the same shitter intentionally intentionally shitting up the thread about Occluded Mind was the same one bitching about hobo Bahamut and niggers (When they might be the one who makes the threads with black people in them in the first place so they have shitpost fuel)
>>
>>53411186
I give them Savage Attacks and reduce the intelligence penalty to -1. Still not as good as a half-orc, but no longer a shit option
>>
>>53413696
Someone parodying the people who call women who have children - especially more than two children - as "breeders."
>>
>>53411097
This joke died about 12 months ago
>>
>>53413809
It's still perfectly topical though.
>>
>>53413135
> black man here
Sure
>>
>>53413780
Now you're starting to get the picture
>>
>>53413775
Arabs are literally lighter-colored than Portuguese and South Italians, so, uh, yes.

>>53413856
But no longer original or funny.
>>
File: 1495653896676.png (161KB, 406x439px) Image search: [Google]
1495653896676.png
161KB, 406x439px
>in a trapped dungeon when your DM doesn't understand passive wisdom or active searching
>>
>>53413780
I don't see a problem? I'm a refugee from /pfg/ and I've got to say this isn't that bad at all.

Who cares? Let the lads have their fun.
>>
>>53413868
It's still relevant to the discussion
>>
>>53411186
>If they're going to have something as major as a negative to a stat they should really make up for it with something else,
Not how it works. A penalty that doesn't apply to you doesn't warrant a bonus that does.
>>
>>53414000
Just because a joke is relevant doesn't make it good.

>>53414010
The literal definition of min-maxing.
>>
File: bull of minos.jpg (67KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
bull of minos.jpg
67KB, 375x375px
Can anyone tell me how to do combat in a maze? I want to drop my party in a labyrinth and separate them while having a monster roam around and stalk them. How do I do this without telling my players to not metagame and purposely get lost in the maze? I use miniatures and grids in my combat so the players basically know where everyone is. And how should I deal with the monster? It kills the purpose of a "stalking dangerous beast" if the players can see where the monster is in the map.
>>
>>53413963
Because we're trying to not be pfg 2.0 the furrying
>>
>>53413963
Because up until now 5eg has been "mostly" shitposter-free, or at the very least didn't have any major autists deliberately trying to shit it up for jollies.
>>
Is there anything more annoying than a DM speaking for your character
>>
>>53414162
DM making idiotic decisions for your character. Once upon a time, my character was on his way to an important council meeting, but, for a very good reason, he was carrying a corpse with him. He decided not to show up at the council with the corpse, so he left it on a nearby bench and went inside.
After that shit was done, the DM described how me and some other PCs returned to the other half of the party - and then it turned out that I forgot the corpse on that bench, because "I didn't describe picking it up".
For some reason, he ignored the fact that nothing after leaving the council chamber was roleplayed at all - he just immediately switched the scene.
>>
>>53414114
Nothing wrong with how /pfg/ was, it just got a little too obsessed with the sex and waifu. I'd try and get more people from /pfg/ over if I could!
>>
>>53414162
Depends on the DM. Mine understands our characters well enough that it's not a problem, and he only does so in situations where it's needed (ie: absent player, you just give them something paraphrased and roll the dice for Persuasion, etc.).
>>
File: ItsProbablyGoingToHappen.png (447KB, 418x576px) Image search: [Google]
ItsProbablyGoingToHappen.png
447KB, 418x576px
>>53414114
Coming soon from White Wolf Publishing...
>>
Last thread was dead apparently. Reposting;

Need some advice for how to utilize this properly.

I have:
An exiled white dragonborn who pledged his life to Tamara in an old, small, solitary temple devoted to Tamara. He seeks to go against his heritage, but will likely have some trouble keeping it straight. Tries to solve everything without force if possible, but if you give him a good excuse, he'll shed blood no trouble.

A "Judge Dredd" type of War Cleric of Lendy, all about that Justice, and being the literal hammer to solve injustice. No real reason other than "I have no other purpose"

A mild mannered Dwarf (?) cleric devoted to Bahamut, who wants a peaceful solution to most problems. Was rescued by silver dragons when his clan was overrun and killed by Goblins, and has since devoted his life to Bahamut.

A fourth character who is a Female Human Dragonsorc, most likely Silver (wants a frost theme going). Not sure about the personality or motivation, other than "DRAGONS ARE COOL, I WANT TO MEET DRAGONS"

So they have the holy trinity here. I am unfortunately not too knowledgeable about these guys, other than knowing that they tie in with each other (IIRC, Tamara is the consort of Lendy, and Bahamut is their son or something?), but is there are good plot hooks to utilize here?

I'd prefer using the fact that they are very much tied together through their faith, and of course, the Dragon theme. Would the HotDQ make sense to use for a party like this? I have considered getting it anyway, and it sounds like it might be fitting for a group like this - they'd have quite a lot of investment in terms of the whole Tiamat thing, wouldn't they?
>>
What the actual fuck has been happening to these threads?
Do these little shits' wranglers know they're loose?
>>
Would it be "illegal" to make my human char 7+ ft tall? He is supposed to be a kind of fucked up mutant monstrosity.
>>
As a rogue can you throw two daggers in a single turn if you're dual wielding them?
>>
File: kill urself my man.png (689KB, 722x674px) Image search: [Google]
kill urself my man.png
689KB, 722x674px
Is it just me or is Redemption Paladin a good fit for Judge Dredd Paladin? (Crunchwise that is)

>Arrest perps with nonlethal damage and bring them to prison
>>
>>53414317
Technically as long as you're under 8 feet tall you're still a medium creature and nothing would go wrong mechanically. It's up to your DM if he's willing to allow such freaks of nature, though.

>>53414312
The OP has been triggering /pol/ on purpose and it's caused a continuing shitstorm and culture wars instead of 5e discussion. It's honestly pretty sad.
>>
File: Doctor Ziegler I'm Blackwatch.jpg (113KB, 636x605px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Ziegler I'm Blackwatch.jpg
113KB, 636x605px
>>53414317
If you made a goliath, would you die?
>>
>>53414361
Yes, but you can only draw 1 each turn. So 2 attacks on the first round, 1 attack in each subsequent round.

Or ask your GM to just give you a free draw action on in each attack.
>>
>>53414144
At this point I don't think it's for jollies, I think this is one of those insufferable faggots who feel everything needs to conform to their view of he world.
>>
>>53414302
Dammit I spent 10 minutes on this, someone tell me I'm funny
>>
File: 1488103939644.jpg (108KB, 540x562px) Image search: [Google]
1488103939644.jpg
108KB, 540x562px
>>53414369
It would be extremely painful.

Yeah he should just refluff a Goliath.
>>
>>53414368
Yes it's fucking sad. The threads have been wastes of space because of this fucking retarded nonsense and allowing insane, literal retards to sperg out.
Pfg has been better than what we've been having.
>>
>>53414407
Good job anon
i thought it was a gay PHB from the thumbnail
>>
>>53414463
Thanks senpai
Technically it sort of is
>>
>>53414144
I'm a shitposter, but atleast I keep my shitposts relevent
>>
>>53414070
Don't let them seem the grid. Hide the thing from view and simply tell them where things are in relation to them. It's not like there's a huge amount of options in a maze. The monster is either in front of them a certain distance, behind them a certain distance or not visible.
>>
>>53414401
I fucking hate insufferable little shits. They need multiple high fives to the face wth several chairs at extreme force.
>>
File: wife-murderer.jpg (114KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
wife-murderer.jpg
114KB, 618x412px
>>53413659
repeating this question: Is the best way to find a group online to just apply to roll20 games? Is there a LFG thread?
>>
>>53413780
Which one from the Occluded Mind argument do you consider the shitter?
>>
How can I give my human character the ability to see in the dark? Any kind of buff or anything? We have a bard, Druid, warlock, and death cleric in the party. I am wielding 2h weapons so I can't use torches. Is there a magic item I can get or something that will permanently let me see in the dark?
>>
>>53414524
Why would you want to play online?
But then again you'll be getting autists either either way.
>>
>>53414524
www.reddit.com/r/lfg
>>
>>53414368
>The OP has been triggered /pol/ on purpose
Are you blind? The OP is both the triggered and the triggee. It's a samefag.

This poster: >>53414517 to be specific.

>>53414535
Goggle of night.
>>
>>53414548
I wanna play in person, but my friends have no interest. Gonna go to the a game shop this weekend and see if they have any groups.
>>
>>53414588
I found a really cool IRL group through >>53414563. You don't have to play online, and you don't have to talk to game store people.
>>
>>53414586
I'm not the op, you blithering fucking retard, but I hate insufferable pieces of shit. Keep your delusions you fucking autist.
>>
>>53414588
Try to make friends with the not autists and organize your own game.
>>
>>53414586
Hey, what's it like being a literal fucking retard and severely autistic.
>>
>>53414642
>>53414683
>Two quick responses to the same post both calling the poster a "fucking retard" and autistic and defending an accused samefagger
Really makes you think
>>
File: chair.png (59KB, 1668x831px) Image search: [Google]
chair.png
59KB, 1668x831px
>>53414642
>>53414683
You tell me.
>>
>>53414563
>>53414611
Will give that a shot. Thanks.
>>53414661
Making new friends is hard, but yea, I need new ones. Will take me a while before I feel comfortable DMing though, have only been a player in two different games that disbanded after the first night.
>>
>>53414715
Took my noggin jogging
>>
>>53414715
Yeah, it means you're fucking delusional and insane. But good on you for attempting to think, even though it's impossible for you because you're severely autistic.
Do your wranglers know you're loose?
You need to seek psychiatric help.
>>
>>53414723
Multiple people can't high five you in the face with chairs. Are you fucking insane or a literal retard.
>>
>>53412301
Variant human lucky divination wizard or yuan ti enchantment wizard
>>
>>53414766
>Responds along the exact same lines as the accused samefagger
You know, I'm starting to buy this anon's theory >>53414586
>>
>>53414736
Good luck with that mate.
I'm naturally good at making friends, so haven't had any issues.
>>
>>53414766
Getting nervous?
>>
>>53414812
>Not halfling lucky divination wizard
It's like you don't REALLY hate your DM

>>53414829
>Naturally good at making friends
What are you doing here then?

>>53414832
Couldn't be, that would require self-awareness.
>>
>>53414816
Seek psychiatric help, you're obviously insane or a literal retard.
>>
>>53414832
Sure, but seek psychiatric help. Holy shit do you need it.
>>
File: Hki87DC.webm (955KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Hki87DC.webm
955KB, 720x404px
>>53414848
>>53414865
>>53414766
Hm-m-m-m-m...
>>
>>53414846
Why can't I be here?
>>
File: chair2.png (6KB, 515x126px) Image search: [Google]
chair2.png
6KB, 515x126px
>>53414816
It's not a theory. Here he is a few days ago responding to two separate people accusing him of being a redditor.

Context of this post is the Occluded Mind argument that shit up that particular thread. He was one of the ones screeching.

Note: This was also the second time he used the "high five with chair to face" thing in that one thread. Ignore all of his posts. He has a very particular way of posting.
>>
>>53414070
Newb here but maybe add some false alerts or something for every character so they don't know who the monster is actually stalking. Like sounds that end up being rats and such. Maybe an old gnomish robot sent in to explore the maze.
>>
>>53414875
Yes, they're all me. I'm not op, you blithering fucking retard. Am I triggering you, little autist. Seek psychiatric help, you're insane.

>>53414846
Self awareness is something you don't have.
>>
>>53414848
>>53414865
>>
>>53414883
You seem to have more social skills than the average fa/tg/uy, but perhaps I am just making a hasty judgment based on the contents of this thread.
>>
>>53413483
But none the less, is it viable?
>>
>>53414889
Did I trigger you, little autist. You stop being so severely autistic and literally retarded. And stop being so goddamn fucking whining.

Now what is it about occluded mind that got your panties in a twist.
>>
Its such a specific normie-like meme, rather suspicious if you ask me
>>53414804
>>
Do not reply to it. Have your conversations around it.
>>
>>53414974
Then try to act normally.
>>
>>53414962
Viable?

It's 5e, so you won't be entirely deadweight

But whether or not you regret it depends on whether or not you have a decent rogue, barbarian, ranger or paladin on the team. If you do, you'll probably regret it as they do more damage than you.

I mean even the warlock and such will probably be doing more damage anyway, I don't know.

Why don't you want feats? Is your DM being a dickhead and disallowing them?
>>
>>53414994
What?
>>
>>53414889
...I'm pretty sure I was the one who brought up Reddit in that thread... am I samefagging without even realizing it? D:

>>53414962
Yes, as long as nobody else is optimizing their martial character. So I'd say it's group-dependent.
>>
>>53414956
Bro, more social skills is just acting reasonably and trying to have fun with people. Don't let preconceptions or preoccupations or your prejudices fuck things up. Good luck.

Yeah, sadly these threads have devolved so very much.
>>
>>53415039
Act like a normal person and not like an autist.
>>
>>53415053
Oh, I wasn't the one looking for a group. I play D&D with my best friends and have been for 12 years now.
I was just making a bad joke about fa/tg/uys, but considering I post here maybe you're right and I should avoid preconceptions. It's possible many people here are relatively normal in real life.
Well, not in this thread right now, but you know what I mean.
>>
>>53415075
And chair high fives are a meme from several years ago that I've only seen from tumblr screenshots, telling me to act normal while using said meme is rather strange of you
>>
>>53415093
Remember on anon on the internet no one knows you're a dog.
>>
If we could get back on track briefly, could anyone recommend how to explain to people that they don't need +magic items in this edition?
>>
>>53415093
I don't think it's possible for them to be normal.

But nice, bro, gaming with friends is the best. You can riff off and hang shit on them.
>>
>>53415150
"You don't need +magic items in this edition"
>>
>>53415108
Who cares. But the point still stands, act normally and don't act like an autist. This is what these threads need more of.
>>
>>53415150
Magic items are optional in 5e. However a few monsters specifically need magic to overcome their damage immunity or damage resistance.
>>
>>53415002
>Why don't you want feats? Is your DM being a dickhead and disallowing them?

I just want to play a dead simple 2e style fighter.
>>
>>53415208
Honestly, hand crossbows are more brainless and effective

get crossbow mastery
get sharpshooter

Literally just point at an enemy and say 'I attack' up to extra attack number of attacks +1 for bonus action

no need to worry about reactions
no need to worry about whether or not to use -5 to hit +10 to damage, use it all the time
archery always applies
never have disadvantage for an enemy within 5ft of you
ignore cover
Just literally point and shoot
>>
>>53415176
Where do you think we are, reddit?
This is 4chan, you should nor be expexting normality from a scottish boulder-chucking forum
>>
>>53415208
Just go GWM and always use the power attack. Write your to-hit and damage already including it. It's dead simple. Or this >>53415274
>>
Let's assume I go into Curse of Strahd and set everything near me on fire at all times.

How well does this work?
>>
>>53415208
2e fighters still ran under the assumption you'd eventually get a lordship and gain followers and land for steady income. You need something to spice them up if you're going to have them do nothing but hit things
>>
>>53415308
Why not? Why can't you start acting normally?
The first pinned thread is be excellent to each other.
>>
>>53415332
Pretty bad, somethings will laugh then disembowel you.
>>
http://mfov.magehandpress.com/2017/01/green-star-adept.html

Thoughts on this?

Fluff is really neat but I'm struggling to want to go into melee with a d6 hit die, even with the other class features.
>>
>>53415332
You're funny to Strahd, you'll die last.
>>
>>53415365
It's not awfully interesting and kind of silly but why would you even want to go into melee? All it is is free mage armour + 1d8 hitdice instead of 1d6.

Stop using homebrew.

It's not broken though I kinda find the wording on some abilities stupid, especially once it gets to level 14.

Normal mage traditions are more interesting.
>>
>>53415274
I want to hit things with a sword.

>>53415324
Why would I want to do that? It's unnecessary complication to a simple concept.

>>53415335
I've never met anyone who bothered with that shit. It basically amounts to tedious book keeping.

All this fuss about optimization is the cancerous mindset that created the shit show that was third edition.
>>
>>53415444
refluff it as hitting things with a sword from 30ft away
>>
>>53415336
There's this meme that you have to be shitty and edgy on 4chan
The meme is wrong
>>
>>53415453
Or I could just take a sword and a shield and hit things without feats.
>>
>>53415444
>>53415453
Also
>unnecessary complication
>just lowering your attack roll by 5 and increasing your damage roll by 5 and attacking an extra time if you kill or crit
I mean, your loss if you can't even do the most basic of basic things
>>
>>53415444
Literally everything in D&D is just tedious bookkeeping if you don't try to attach any more meaning, story, or roleplaying to it outside of the mechanics.
>>
>>53415462
A more accurate meme would be that people will be shitty and edgy on 4chan and you should go in with that expectation.
>>
>>53415470
Nothing stopping you.

You'll be running suboptimally for not even trying to put any effort in at all but you won't be irrelevant at all.
>>
>>53415462
Then stop acting shitty and edgy. There's proof aplenty in this thread and previous threads of people being shitty and edgy. Fucking stop that.
>>
>>53415426
"hey what do you think of this?"
"i hate homebrew."

thanks for the hot opinions
>>
>>53415470
The good thing is that unlike in past editions this won't stop you from being relevant.
>>
>>53415511
But why? It seems to upset people so and is good for a laugh.
>>
>>53415479
>add in an additional situational mechanic when I could just take an ability boost that applies all the time and never have to think about it

Further, don't confuse can't and wont. I detest this character building minigame that's been required of D&D since 3rd edition. It's honestly the single worst thing to happen to it since Lorraine Williams.
>>
Speaking of Strahd, what adventures would you insert in the module

>Sunless Citadel
>The barber of sylverymoon
>The marionette (from adventure league)

Anything you have had a good experience with? I found that last one to be a *must*
>>
>>53415537
Well that suits me just fine. That's all I want.
>>
>>53415530
there's a reason homebrew is hated

People think they're hot shit

but homebrew, 99/100, does not produce anything that isn't any of:
>uselessly weak
>already done by an official supplement
>brokenly overpowered
>terribly poorly put together, worded and abusable

Just take bladesinger and refluff it??? ??? ???
At least bladesinger actually gives you a vague reason to go into melee even if it's shit.
>>
Why do people say ranger is shit? It's my first character but I am outdoing everyone in the party at lv 3. With Xbow expert, hunters mark, and colossus slayer I am doing 30-40 per turn if both my xbows hit. And once I get sharpshooter for +10 damage it will boost a lot. I did the same damage on my turn with normal attacking than our cleric who is supposed to be a power build or whatever did on a crit with his most damaging highest level spell he can only use once a day.
>>
File: 1413516426053.png (325KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
1413516426053.png
325KB, 382x417px
How rough is Storm King's Thunder? Can I play suboptimally/have fun or will I get my shit pushed in and die?

Think we're running LMoP as an intro to it as well.
>>
>>53415503
Still a stupid meme that needs to die. This is a place where people discuss a hobby and we can do it nicely.
I'm not saying we should make it a trigger-warning safespace, but not throwing obscenities at each other doesn't seem too extreme.

>>53415511
I'M not being shitty and edgy. Not sure why you're telling ME that.

>>53415549
If you think upsetting people is funny, you might be a douche.
>>
>>53415583
Depends if you are using phb Ranger or UA Ranger.
>>
>>53415583
Beastmaster is shit

Hunter is average fine
>>
>>53415551
If everybody else in your group agrees with you then you can do it and have fun because not taking the optimal doesn't put you far behind.
If the rest of your group wants you to think about what you're doing more than 'I walk up and attack' then you're gonna have a hard time.
That's that.
Ask your group, not us if you're gonna be like that.
>>
>>53415626
No shit Sherlock what tipped you off to that? Wanna also talk about my narcissism, because I can talk about me all day.
>>
>>53415551
You are bro-tier and have a good attitude about the game.

>>53415579
This. Most homebrew is bad. Except mine, of course.
>>
>>53415635
Phb, I wanted to use UA but dm doesn't allow any UA stuff
>>
>>53415626
Go home, nigger. This isn't a place for you.
>>
>>53415626
>Still a stupid meme that needs to die. This is a place where people discuss a hobby and we can do it nicely.

They can, but the tone of an anonymous discussion is invariably set by its worst members. So don't be such a thin-skinned wimp.
>>
>>53415444
The whole fighter class is made with feats in mind. That's why they get so many ASI. You only start pulling ahead of other martials if you get your feats early. In a game with no feats the fighter is going to be the weakest and least versatile (also known as "least useful") at least until they get their second extra attack, and most people don't play at those levels anyways. Adding feats doesn't complicate things significantly and makes them actually good. Also, being "simple" is one big reason why 3.5 fighters were so irredeemably shit

That said, if you don't care about that sort of thing, go ahead.
>>
>>53415660
>>53415551
Also, to add something on:
Yes, weapon feats were a mistake. They should have been done differently.
But what can we do until PHB 2.0 when they fuck it all up again?

For now, we'll have to accept that fighters have a load of ASIs and use feats to be optimal.

Best way to fix it I can still fix of is removing weapon feats like GWM and giving all people with weapons parts of feats for free but that's a DM decided thing.
>>
>>53415663
No, just asking you kindly to rein that shit in while communicating with other humans that aren't familiar with your idiosyncrasies because I'd prefer for everybody to have a good time. I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

>>53415680
I'm not being thin-skinned. I'm not sitting here and crying about bad internet people. But I AM seeing something I don't like in a place I think can be awesome and trying to change it.
>>
>>53415583
Clerics, even damage clerics, aren't really damage dealers. but you know what that cleric can do that the ranger can't? Everything else.
>>
oooooohhhh boy an entire thread on /tg/ that's devolved into arguing about politics.

you all need to stop
>>
>>53415706
If your DM doesn't suck and your group isn't a bunch of munchkins, you don't need to be "optimal." My table doesn't have feats and everybody's perfectly happy. Even the fighter.

>>53415727
The best way to stop is for nobody to respond to the next OP's picture and the inevitable "first for gay druids are in the PHB" posts.
>>
>>53415663
>>53415670
>>53415680
I'm not him, but you little shits are why we can't have nice things. Do you want /pfg/ to overtake us a place for civilized discussion.
>>
>>53415682
I really, honestly have my doubts it's that bad. Optimizers have always had a habit of making mountains out of moleholes. They're a beancounting menace.
>>
>>53415727
>politics
We're shitposting about fighters and some back-and-forth between two dudes about who's being mean and who is not. No politics unless you bring them here

We're also past bump limit
>>
>>53415710
You may be completely reasonable but here's the main part you need to focus on cupcake. If I get a kick out of it, that's all that matters.

Also your preachy posts that litter this thread are just that, crying about bad people on the internet and attempting to moderate what they can and can't do.
>>
>>53415710
>starts a side tangent because he's offended by someone being edgy on 4chan
>not thin-skinned

Quit whining.

>>53415760
>implying they don't have their own fair share of vitriolic shit storms

You realize that by continuing on this tangent, you're actively taking away from the discussion, right? Stop being such a little bitch and learn to ignore mean words, like a big boy.
>>
>>53415769
>two dudes
There are at least five in this thread, I'm pretty sure.
>past the bump limit
This started around post #69, it's just managed to survive past the bump limit.

>>53415760
Can confirm, this is not me. I would have used a question mark.
But seriously, thank you for demonstrating that most people just want to talk about our nerdy fucking hobby and have fun in here.
>>
>>53415766
It is that bad. Even with feats fighters don't outdamage other martials until about level 11, without feats they just become worse. It is playable but you'll be very weak. Not PHB Ranger or Wot4E weak, but about the next worst thing
>>
>>53415769
>We're also past bump limit
Good point!

>>53415812
>>53415812
>>53415812
>>
>>53415806
>>53415772
>Having to say the last word with an insult
Such adults
>>
>>53415821
>new thread on page 5
>yet another bait OP picture
Can you fucking not
>>
>>53415757
Well, aren't you bright sunshines.

Some people don't really feel validated if the DM just does the work for you. It kinda depends on the playerbase and what sort of adventure you're doing.
>>
>>53415847
Obviously he already stated he was in >>53415757
>>
>>53415868
The DM isn't doing the work for anyone, he's just creating challenges suitable to the party's power level. Nothin' wrong with that.

>>53415871
Sorry to disappoint you, I may be annoying and preachy here but I'm not the OP triggermaster.
>>
>>53415836
Last word? This thread is till viable because someone has to make a bait thread earlier and earlier because their autism demands it. Hell there were times when people would have to continue in another thread because the one they were in archived.
>>
>>53415806
Whatever helps you sleep better at night, little autist.
>>
>>53415921
Every response that tells the other person to "quit whining" is an attempt at saying the last word.

>>53415963
>little
>>
What's the correct way to play a chaotic good OoV paladin? By which I mean, how does one play chaotic good specifically? Also I'm using a mail, should I take gwm or go with a more versatile feat like resilience (con)?
>>
>>53415988
Not really I was saying to stop being a whiny preachy cunt who absolutely has to rain on everyone's parade because they aren't using the words you like. There's a damn easy way to solve this issue, ignore them and pretend they don't exist.

No one has given you the right to demand another change their way of speaking and therefore thinking just because it bothers you. Especially not on a Mongolian peanut growing forum.
>>
Would Ghegis Khan be better as a Hobgoblin or a Human?
>>
>>53416050
Nobody gave me the right to demand anything, but I damn well have the ability to ask nicely.
>>
>>53416077
Either really. You can just make it so people commonly think of him as a hobgoblin, but once the party meets not!Genghis Khan he turns out to be human
>>
>>53415913
It's like a game of, say, I don't know, League of Legends.

Nobody knows what they're doing, so they just go with the flow. And everything turns out alright and fun and the DM doesn't try to make things hard.

But if you play with experienced players who realize they can do stuff like drop prone to protect from ranged attacks, use cover, use magical spells in creative ways or use feats to make their role actually effective and cover for their teammate's weaknesses where they're usng creative spell uses, then the DM has to keep things challenging and make the enemies use relatable tactics, too.

There is no right and wrong, only what is right for the group, but inexperience is just innocence towards the truth.

The difference between this and e-sports is e-sports is entirely mechanical and people do it way, way too much compared to a 'casual' game of experienced DnD players.
>>
>>53416081
Your posts haven't been asking they've been a continuous droning that amounts to a demand of "don't say things I don't like."

Each time a comment has to be thrown and what has it gotten anyone? Derailment and political arguing, you may not like it but you are actually part of the problem.
>>
>>53415988
Whatever helps you sleep better at night, impossibly corpulent autist.
>>
>>53416120
>inexperience is just innocence towards the truth
Perhaps, but it's possible to know the truth and prefer a fantasy. And since we're playing D&D, nobody's stopping us from having a good old suboptimal time.
>>
Newb here, can does anyone know how AL items are determined? Is it a random roll by the DM or picked from a list or predetermined by module? Just curious.
>>
>>53416266
Like the magic items, the modules have specific one and hardcovers have table rolls
>>
>>53416178
It's better that way.

Games are usually more funw hen you first do them.

But at a certain point you can't have fun like that when you're no longer innocent to the ways of the system.
.. Then you normally become DM and whine your players aren't trying hard enough.
>>
Digging for diamonds out of the fucked thread.
>>53409799
5e has some core (mostly wizard) spells that give a big middle finger to balance or fair play, like simulacrum, (mass) suggestion, magic jar, wall of force, and force cage. Someone probably has a list of all the major problem spells to look out for.
>>53410320
>orcish Zoolander bard
>>53410355
>sexiest picture of an orc you can
Zoolander is supposed to be sexy? I'm clearly not gay enough to understand this.
>>53410897
>never marginalized by something so intrinsic to their interpersonal interactions.
That Autism awareness campaign clearly still has a long way to go.
>>
>>53410988
You can see right into his visor, anon. He's the blackest.

>carlos.jpg
>>
>>53411406
How does that work? I was thinking of going twilight druid in my first 5e game
>>
For a low level campiagn (1 to 5 or 7 ) does it work to use High CR ( like 17+ ) creatures as stand ins for gods?
Technically at that CR it's world tier characters anyways so it should be fine, right?
Thread posts: 377
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.