[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 399
Thread images: 56

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Archaeology edition: what kind of ancient crypts, long-forgotten tombs, and lost civilizations does your party visit?

>HELPFUL TIP: If you want to ask for advice or information on a build or character, explain what sources (1st- and 3rd-party) are allowed and if you already have a theme or concept in mind.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread: >>51590974
>>
>>51594932
>Azlant AP
>Just as I'm writing a bio for a recently awakened Thassilonian
I guess I'll at least be able to reuse the concept with a little bit of rewriting when I inevitably get refused.
>>
>that most recent Bathe Yourself in Blood app

Jesus Christ. Is there no way to filter out random LFGers on Roll 20? Like make the game 'unlisted' or something?
>>
>>51594968
There's a Shattered Star AP going on right aboot now.

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/68369/pathfinder-adventure-path-shattered-star
>>
>>51594932
>archeology edition
Had a short game recently where we (babylonians) explored our own collapsed civilization 1500 years after the fact
>>
>>51594985

What do you have against normies?
>>
>>51594985
Link please!
>>
>>51594932
What campaign is this? This looks brilliant.
>>
File: WesPic0308smaller.jpg (70KB, 384x236px) Image search: [Google]
WesPic0308smaller.jpg
70KB, 384x236px
So! How was your weekend, /pfg/? Do anything fun or exciting, game-related or otherwise?
>>
>>51595017
>app includes an extremely thorough flist page
>normie
>>
>>51594985
Make a dummy roll20 room, post the join link here so you only get /pfg/ browsers.
>>
>>51594989
I actually haven't checked the player's guide for that but I may be accused of metagaming and bookreading if I used my PC for that one.

That, and it seems rude to apply to two different campaigns with the same character.
>>
>>51595020
I think this is my favorite excerpt.

>When he was but a tiny child person his parents got caught up in a most heinous of cults, they worshiped some dark being that thought tentacles were a swell time as they did odd rituals like eating live cephalopods and orgies in vats of squid ink and things like that. Hilariously the influence of all this and the shock of it all against his tiny human mind awoke his first instances of psychic abilities. His initial uses of it were benign, used to help him with the day to day chores and all this BORING activity. Then one day he was bullied, you see his father has a job plucking pheasants to which the other children thought to be particularly hilarious............... So he murdered them, he psychically turned into a monster and horrifically butchered the poor peasant children. Do not feel sorry for them reader they would have grown up into dastardly people who got drunk and caused problems for the world, good thing he got rid of them, you should be praising him!
>>
>>51595024
We saved a silver dragon from an intellect devourer
Now it follows us like a highly intelligent puppy
We do not know if this is because of brain damage from the devourer
>>
>>51595086
Okay, you can't show me just that and not link the whole thing.
>>
>>51595024
My new character got introduced after roleplaying out my previous one (GM liked it, but it was a poor fit for the rest of the party). Surprised everyone when the 7 foot tall motherfucker wielding a colossal greatsword wasn't actually guts in the slightest.
>>
File: 1466475673640.jpg (214KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1466475673640.jpg
214KB, 600x620px
>>51593997
>friction between interpretations of 'honor' or 'loyalty'
Funnily enough, there's at least one character I know of that fits that well. Even has the dichotomy between not!Japan and not!Germanic/Polish culture.
If only she was better-written.
>>
>>51595123
Have at it, then.

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67813/bathe-yourself-in-blood
>>
>>51595024
My weekend just started. Last night at work we just watched the game all day, with almost no work. Cant beat getting paid to watch the Super Bowl.

That said, weekend's gonna be great, game tomorrow, and just broke up with my girlfriend so I'm single again. Good stuff.
>>
I have done way, way too many homebrew archetypes as it's something I do when I get bored. The most recent is the Pegaus Knight, a paladin archetype for flying mounted combat and purity. A rather strong 'Fuck spellcasters' sub-theme.

Pegasus Knight
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FxyQ98xHryv8BS23EN-WqAEou3DoJWlQdw4U6eOFLjw/edit?usp=sharing

Phenomenal Prestidigitator (Spellburst savant archetype, charimsa-based stage magician)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Hl4iSN5el-ohN9paOuf_1TszJK9_srUXZFxj-HMpz8/edit?usp=sharing

Concecrafted Chorist (More supportive spellburst savant archtype with a musical theme)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qdpAD6J37KQFPHSZq4v0PUHsqRZBm4FTxVCMutFCFtI/edit?usp=sharing

Glorified Glossolalist (Divine spellburst savant archtype)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g3-Htf7HYQn6E3_BluPpZAtv3MPMUG3131P1N5L2dwU/edit?usp=sharing

All of them save the Phenomenal Prestidigitator are very much still in alpha, so feedback would be appreciated. Sorry for posting this in a few previous threads, trying to get some balance feedback as I know that the creator is the worst person to actually evaluate their own work.

I'm also currently working on some stuff for Upper Class characters (As I was rather disappointed with the High Court book actually offering stuff on that front). It's still in design though so it's not up for look over until I've got a bit more for people to read. Is there anything people would like on the upper class character front that Pathfinder doesn't do very well right now?
>>
>>51595024

I spent the entire weekend working on my application. It was painful and maddening, but in the end I made a character I can be proud of even if it isn't accepted.
>>
>>51595086
The Durango 95 purred a real horror show
>>
>>51595086
>https://www.f-list.net/c/Dunwich%20Whateley
>FAVE
>Organ Molestation
>"Also Self-Explanatory"
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: GGXrdR Give it to me doctor.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GGXrdR Give it to me doctor.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>51595024
Game on Friday was a great warmup intro session, looking forward to the next one. Game on Sunday never happened because another player couldn't make it due to their lack of sleep finally catching up to them. Instead I spent Sunday day fucking about on shitty mobile games, watching anime while shitposting, and getting beat the fuck up at fighting games.

"Get new tech" they said. "It's easy!" they said. Little do they know my character only has two viable moves in neutral, and everything else is combo finishers or corner oki pressure.
>>
>>51595200
Named after the monster from Dunwich horror which was a happu between a human and an eldritch horror.

Also made an appearance in carrion hill module
>>
>>51594985
>>51595160
wow, several of these most recent apps don't even fit the chargen criteria
>>
File: Condition-Red.gif (263KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Condition-Red.gif
263KB, 800x533px
>>51595105
THAT'S NOT HOW THEY WORK

Intellect devourers do not deal intelligence damage.
They coup-de-grace your brain and literally take its place to wear the body like a suit. They even get basic information on the thing they took over; identity, personality and all abilities save spellcasting and spell-likes it possessed. It can use gentle repose to prevent the body from decaying normally, but does not have it as a natural racial ability (could get it from somewhere and it's more than smart enough to read scrolls and use items).

Be extremely careful. Silver dragons are smart, not dumb puppies... but a Shiavo'd bodysnatched one just might be...
>>
>>51595024
My 9th level vigilantes are going to fight their first real Hellknight and try and kill their first real cleric of Asmodeus to save a 10 year old nascent oracle from being exorcised or made into a sacrifice to Asmodeus.

It promises to be a grand battle.
>>
>>51595333
Don't look at me, I don't know shit
I only got skill points in knowledge religion and heal
It is obsessed with helping us now and with any magic artifacts
>>
>>51595324
desu senpai only normies have been applying lately since pfg noticed a few red flags on the GM
>>
>>51595379
Just warning you... Be aware that there's a chance you're being followed by something that might decide it needs a new body soon enough.
>>
>>51595395
Oh the Intellect Devourer is dead as a smashed potatoes
At first I thought it was DEMONS possessing the poor thing but Protection from Evil just the same
>>
>>51595416
Intellect devourers hunt in packs
>>
>>51595381
Then why is anyone even still discussing it? Hasn't even been advertised here.
>>
>>51595456
Gee I wonder why?
>>
>>51595440
Well this fuck definitely doesn't have any friends left
Considering he was inside the dragon's head that was inside a stasis tube about 10k years old
>>
>>51594989
Too bad the DM is spineless about what material is allowed. Everything 3rd party is "okay" but then the rest of the party gets to vote if it is "actually okay" in some sort of absurd survivor/tribal shit.
>>
>>51595479
Protection from evil doesn't work if the creature's already possessed.

Try casting restoration to see if that helps, by the way
>>
>>51595502
I was pretty sure it drives it out
>>
>>51595500
I think he wants to disallow stuff but doesn't want to seem like a bad guy.
>>
>>51595556
Nope. Keeps it from getting in, but it's safe if it already was.
>>
Posted in a previous thread, posting again.

So I am GMing and want to go over last session. I want help from you all. Please point out anything you all really hate.

>players ended last session being informed what mythic sparks art at a banquet
>start of the session is them traveling on a ship, a relatively boring trip with a week a downtime with them doing research on where they are going
>the players are part of a mercenary company hired to go on an expedition into an evil sapient jungle
>the party are those who were exposed to mythic sparks, them plus a few NPCs
>players do some research, get told by their commander that he doesn't trust the guy who hired them so he is so he's sending everyone who is now mythic out ahead as a scouting force to be as far away from their employer as possible
>commander also thinks their employeer might be lying to them, so tells the party to grab as much info as possible from the ruins
>commander gives them a new guy, the newest member of the company, named weevil
>he was some random citizen who was unconscious but exposed to mythic power, the company brought him with them
>party heads into the jungle through a lagoon where the shore has a town carved into the cliffs
>the party and ~50 other soldiers are sent along an old road through the jungle
>party hears weird clacking
>off the road is an old stone shrine with a giant (6 foot long) beetle doing a mating display
>the party kill the beetle and check out the shrine
>it has a statue to a weird frog god from the region (the god is one of those frogs that carry its young on its back)
>the party take the little tadpole statues put into the divots on the larger statue's back (some of them are ioun stones, the rest are just holy symbols)
>party continues on to the evening
>find a giant sink hole filled with water (like 100 feet across and 60 feet to the water line)
>knowledge geography tells them they are fairly common on the continent
>>
>>51595620
>see half submerged structures at the bottom carved into the side of the cavern
>the party explores them
>finds what appears to be an old office, recovers a bunch of scrolls, a few magical ones
>the noise of breaking down the door to the office attracts amoeba oozes
>the party end up putting two in a bucket to keep for later, leave the rest alone
>party goes up, finds some old stoneware and a sealed box with a journal
>the party decides to head down underwater too, using air crystals
>sees a giant crab in a room, decide to leave it alone
>head deeper again
>find something that pings on detect magic
>it's a skeleton trapped under a rock with a handy haversack and necklace of adaptation
>they bring all the stuff they found up and send another guy back down
>he finds three cases filled with unholy water sealed with wax (in the deepest part of the settlement), the bottles stylized like fish
>party looks through what they have
>find journals in the haversack along with a spell book
>the commanding officer (a player) reads through the journal and finds out it was a student who entered the country illegally
>father was rich, journal says if he died and body is found please return something to his father so he can be resurrected
>they grab the skull and label it in case they forget later
>the other messages are in a language they can't read
>weevil, their new guy, offers to help read the other letters
>revealed the mythic spark awakened oracle powers as well, makes him horribly exhausted (he was asleep for three days after becoming mythic)
>>
>>51595639
>uses lore oracle trance ability for +20 and translates them
>they find out the place was a distribution center for water for the region at one point, the letters being about that sort of thing mostly
>find out they also worshiped a fish god that has underwater temples in the caverns, where the unholy water came from
>find out the journal was a kid wanting to go to the big city
>two letters he can't translate
>session ends with camp for the night

It was about a 3 hour session
>>
Are all Lamias in Golarion female? I'm not sure if its just magical realm but in all the games that I've played I have only ever encountered females.
>>
>>51595691
>is it magical realm?
>Pathfinder
This shouldn't even be a question.
>>
>>51595500
Yeah, I'm worried I'll be passed over for taking "Third Party character classes enabled." at face value instead of asking about it and putting it to a vote, like with Legendary X. But we'll see. No big deal, I'd just prefer more clarity from the GM.
>>
>>51595691
I think it's a universal standard that female lamias go out and hunt/rape while the males stay home and jazzercise or sweat to the 80s or whatever it is people do by themselves during the day.
>>
>>51595500
I'm honestly sort of mad DHB's stuff isn't allowed. I can't see the reasoning why it shouldn't.
>>
>>51595500
I hate to be a narc but a few people I know said that this guy was a flake.
>>
>>51595620
>the party kill the beetle and check out the shrine
Why would the party kill a beetle doing a mating display to be honest?
>>
>>51595750
>a few people
>it was literally just one anon back when he first posted his game page link
Dood, what do you got against that guy?
>>
>>51595776
From what I saw they they wanted to check out the shrine and the beetle was dangerous. They went in with the attitude of kill it now rather than risk it coming back to defend its territory. They were under orders to gather information which is why they were interested in all the ruins they could find.

They wanted the shrine, the beetle just got in the way.
>>
>>51595746
Because it's more material the GM has to comb through to see what the players are actually capable of. Better question would be why should it be allowed if the GM doesn't feel like it.
>>
>>51595808
Might've been cool to have a female beetle attracted by the display show up and fight them if they didn't finish in time
>>
>>51595778
Fine, call samefag and witchunt. But don't say I didn't warn you.
>>
>>51595834
Because it makes martials fun/interesting without requiring them to be PoW or minor spell casters.

It's not like anything in DHB's stuff breaks the game. The closest would be the weird scroll master fighter, but it's just a weird tier 3 non-spell caster.
>>
>>51595707
Are there rules for playable lamia races?
>>
>>51595861
Check the races for snek, it might even be 1pp.
>>
>>51595861
Considering one applied to Comfy Goddess, there must be.
>>
>>51595838
That's actually what I was planning. It was gonna call other beetles with noise (it was a beetle that could make noise by vibration). However the party knew this with a knowledge check and went in with the mounted war priest charging it while in a silence bubble so it couldn't.
>>
Posting game advert for a player to join:
Level 8 evil lewd game, PoW or Spheres only, takes place on Wednesday nights 11pm EST into early morning.

The party just TPK'd to an ancient world destroying evil they woke up by accident so everyone's rolling new characters. The new party won't be going after that for a while, they'll just be doing other evil stuff and helping an evil queen take over the land.

Party composition is looking like one male antipaladin (with all the martial trainings), one trap sorcerer, a female hidden blade rogue, and a female enhancement hedgewitch.
>>
>>51595834
>Better question would be why should it be allowed if the GM doesn't feel like it.
Even better question would be why won't the GM fucking nut up and say decisively what is and isn't allowed? Instead of this wishy washy crap
>>
>>51595857
Yeah, I'm really assblasted that a bunch of normies voted against it because of reading. I wouldn't be so upset if the GM had just said no, but putting it to a entirely-open vote is just shirking responsibility to say yes or no.
>>
>>51595889
It could make noise and attack via vibration. It was a DC 16 check and the party got 27 knowledge nature so they knew a good deal about it.
>>
>>51595889
Oh well then that's cool
Doesn't seem to have any issues with the setup then.
>>
>>51595900
"lewd" or ERP. Please be plain with us. I love evil games, but do not wish to ERP.
>>
>>51595902
>>51595905
I like how he backtracked on the one thing he said he'd be resolute on.
>>
>>51595929
ERP, sorry!
I'm sure you'll find a game that suits you some other place.

Personally I've found the combat in this game a lot of fun, but it's true that if you don't want ERP, this isn't a game for you.
>>
>>51595870
>>51595879
Been searching the srd and all I'm seeing are bestiary entries. Maybe the player just refluffed an Undine?
>>
>>51595834
See the thing is I don't like the voting system. Likely the people who voted have never read the material and just voted on impulse.
>>
>>51595900
>>51595957
I'll join. But only if I can be a shota trap tiefling soulknife who dresses like a ladybug.
>>
>>51595957
Not him but unironically how do people manage to ERP
Like I've seen it done before but that was because everyone knew the healslut in group party was being played by my sister, but how do you even ERP when you know the other side is most likely all dudes? And even laying that aside, how is basically writing smut actually hot?
>>
>>51595962
I voted yes, and I didn't read the material.
>>
File: this is what ERP is.jpg (2MB, 643x2208px) Image search: [Google]
this is what ERP is.jpg
2MB, 643x2208px
>>51595988
Give this a read.
>>
>>51593579
...Link?
>>
>>51596005
Even more so then. Votes on both sides have no idea what the material is.

I'd be more ok with the GM just saying "I don't want to learn the material so I vote no" rather than people voting on the grounds of balance when they're just uninformed.
>>
>>51595980
If it's a character we can take seriously, you can post an application up and we'll see. A second trap in the party might be a hard sell, though.
Keep in mind that manifesting is off the table so you won't have free gifted blade.
>>
>>51595988
Collaberative storytelling. Doesn't matter who's on the other side as long as they use third person. You're both (or more) working together to create a scene you think is hot without worrying about the greater world. Only fags without imagination can't do that and get so hung up in reality.
>>
>>51595620
>>51595639
>>51595669
Seems kind of odd how little combat there was. The only thing they fought was the beetle, the rest they sort of just avoided.
>>
>>51596088
I don't know man
I'm not that great at writing smut
>>
>>51595988
It usually starts out quite innocently for me and then escalates from then on.

One second the Chelaxian thug is asking you to measure her feet so you can build her boots of speed that actually fit then another second she's pinning you against the wall with her ass.
>>
>>51595988
The greatest one I ever saw was one very confused ork player in warhammer age of reckoning. Unfortunately the screencap (though it did make its way online; I mean how can one NOT show all their friends the insanity) is lost to me from being like, three PCs ago.

But it was this dark elf with a foot fetish, who paid an ork to do so.

>Wot? You wonts to smell me feet????
>>
>>51596104
Neither are 75% of the people that do it...good way as any to get better at writing though.
>>
>>51595988
Do you also throw a hissy fit when the guy playing the barbarian isn't a 8 foot tall roided out dude who can benchpress buses?

Do your manties get all in a twist when the 20 cha bard is played by a pizza faced dweeb who hasn't even touched a girl in his life?

How booty blasted do you get when the guy playing the wizard can't even cast spells IRL?

Do you flip tables when the guy who brings a cleric to the party is an atheist?
>>
File: batmanrape.jpg (125KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
batmanrape.jpg
125KB, 960x1280px
>>51596088
>>
>>51596175
What the fuck are you flipping out about I'm just asking how people manage to do it
Calm your fucking shit

>>51596107
Sounds reasonable
>>
>>51596179
but that's not collaborative writing, anon
>>
>>51596129
That was pretty good
>How did it feel?
>It feelz... it feelz like feets.
>>
>>51596087
>manifesting is off the table
That's kinda the whole schtick for Soulknives though...
>>
>>51596179
What the fuck is that from?
>>
>>51596087
Also where we posting the app here? Surely not here.
>>
>>51596204
Psionics aren't off the table. We had a zealot and avant guard in the last party.
Just actual manifesting.

So, something like warsoul augmented blade with no gifted blade will be fine.
>>
>>51596232
>Just actual manifesting.
Why, especially if spheres is on the table.
>>
File: kung pow 3.png (297KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
kung pow 3.png
297KB, 720x400px
>>51595988
It kind of ends up like the difference between watching a film and playing a videogame, desu. Yea you could just watch a story, or you could do something that lets you participate. As for the "they're dudes on the other end" bit? Text, my man. You fucking zone out from everything but the text and form a disconnect between the player and their character. After that you just accept that what you're doing is patently absurd and roll with it.

t. person so dense he didn't realize he was getting shangai'd into ERP on multiple occasions.
>>
>>51596268

>That spoiler

Are you a shounen protagonist, anon?
>>
>>51596223
The GM's decided to just let everyone join the game room and post apps on the forum, so I guess here:
https://app.roll20.net/join/1803693/cj7W9A

Also the F-List Room is called Evil Lewd Game to talk with the players.
You don't actually need a fancy profile on the site, even a blank one will do.

>>51596263
Well built psions or other full manifesters will outdo spherecasters in tier. Besides that, I dunno, something about subsystem clutter. (I'm not actually the GM)
>>
>>51595024
My medium kinda ruined the whole mystery part of a murder mystery. 1/day speak with literally any dead guy ever is kinda broken in that respect.
>>
File: 1445377178819.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445377178819.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
>>51596107

>Player interprets my request to measure their sorceress for a dress she needs for an upcoming gala as a request to get down n' dirty with her
>they implicitly agree

>mfw the player starts describing the sorceress's busty figure and growing arousal at getting touched and held by my character
>>
>>51596314

Aren't there plenty of factors that could potentially prevent a spirit from identifying their killer, though?
>>
>>51596314
>Who killed you?
>Bob
>AND LO! THE MYSTERY IS SOLVED!
>... well, that was two minutes. Anyone wanna hit the mcdonalds or something?
>>
>>51595024
Ran a game. Hoping to get into a game. Continuing to homebrew.
>>
>>51596179
Yeah but this is the writing equivalent of playing an anime character in a pathfinder game...
>>
File: DunMesh Marc awake.png (55KB, 301x346px) Image search: [Google]
DunMesh Marc awake.png
55KB, 301x346px
>>51596295
I didn't think I had dumped wisdom, but I must have a drawback that gives me a massive penalty to Perception and Sense Motive for this stuff.

That one of my PCs is borderline shounen protag-tier now has me worried I signed up for even more of that.
>>
>>51596314
Only if the GM is retarded. If the killer knew anything about magic he would take steps to not be identified by speaking with the dead.
>>
Are there any 1pp feats that a rogue can get that allows him to take a full round action during a surprise round?
>>
>>51596314
Then your dm was shit...if their mouth isn't functional I'm pretty sure they can't give you answers or if they didn't see the murderer
>>
>>51596268

Let's be honest here, anon.

Walking into ERP when you weren't expecting ERP is tons of fun.
>>
>>51596332
There CAN be; the spirit won't know more than they did while alive.... USUALLY.

So, if all you got was sniped in back of the head and dropped, probably the most you can do is tell'em how you were standing and where you got hit.

In a fight against masked assailants, you might only know eye color or something.

But if their identities were NOT hidden, or if while alive you had a way of knowing and used it, well, that you'd be able to say.
>The king's guard slaughtered us while laughing and said they'd pin it all on Urkel to wrap up three loose ends. I don't know why they said three.
>>
>>51596385
Yeah. it takes, what, three minutes and a crowbar to remove the jaw from a corpse?

that's just common sense if you want to cover up a murder.
>>
>>51595962
>>51595902
On THAT I can agree. I'm just pointing out that a GM shouldn't need a reason if he doesn't want to allow some homebrew he didn't write himself and almost certainly isn't even familiar with.
>>
>pageview limit exceeded

I'M GONNA FLIP

I'M GONNA FUCKIN DO IT
>>
>>51596433
No yeah. If he just said "I haven't read it so I am not allowing it so as to not increase my reading" rather than the bullshit explanation he gave and the retarded vote system.
>>
>>51596420

Aren't spirits who were foully murdered often not that coherent, though?
>>
File: Full_Joker.jpg (418KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Full_Joker.jpg
418KB, 1200x800px
>>51596453

MOM'S
GONNA
FREAK
>>
>>51595620
>>51595639
>>51595669
So anyone else have thoughts on this? I could really use some help. I'm trying to change my style of GMing to a more serious tone of game.

>>51596102
Yeah the idea is that a lot of encounters are avoidable. This session had 4 possible combats. They participated in 1, avoided 2, and didn't encounter 1.
>>
>>51596453
Is the PF base hitting critical mass.

Should I start telling normies that come here to actually buy books?
>>
>>51596430
Or killing from behind, or while asleep, or with poison, or from afar, any number of methods where the victim never witnesses their killer.
>>
>>51596502
Hell no, Paizo doesn't deserve any more money than they already make.
>>
>>51596509
>Or killing from behind

>2017
>Doing it from behind
>>
>>51596453
That's been happening a lot lately, he needs more bandwidth.
>>
>>51596502
>buy books

Tell them to get it from the trove, fag
>>
>>51596522
But this is proving to be a mild inconvenience.
>>
>>51596268
Roll20 is just weird that way. A tech priest I was playing once got a handjob from the Sororita while he was trying to drive a chimera.
>Barely get out of an intense af firefight through a series of crazy but coordinated gambits
>Ride back to safehouse, sororita tells the arbiter that she want's to operate the hull mounted heavy flamer and makes him stay at the troop compartment.
>Just me and Sororita in driving compartment
>Suddenly get a pm that I feel something funny while I'm hooked up to the MIU
>Sororita makes a big show of telling me to concentrate on driving while sending me all sorts of dirty chat
>Sororita player describes how she's giving me an old fashioned via PM while the GM calls for Operate and navigate tests

That one was awkward as fuck
>>
>>51596535
You could always move to a better system :^)
>>
>>51596471
That can certainly be an issue yes. Often though the incoherence is more problematic towards getting the whole story than it is towards whodunit though. They'll obsess over a particular detail, or the identity.
>>
>>51596554
>tech priest
>still has a dick
Something isn't adding up
>>
File: 1377024292039.jpg (63KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1377024292039.jpg
63KB, 500x282px
>>51596554

>Join Kingmaker campaign on Roll20
>playing asshole bandit who joined an expedition to the Greenbelt because the pay was better than a length of rope, a fall and a very quick stop
>only male member in the party, which consisted of Bandit, Princess Bastard sorceress, redhead knight and some wizardly dork I forgot all memory of
>Lots of socializing for the first session, end with Oleg's Trade Post getting attacked by the Star Lord's cronies
>Second session is combat, we manage to capture a prisoner
>While the knight and wizard handle the prisoner, Princess sends me a PM asking if my character could ride with her out into the woods, somewhere far away and quiet, so he can "bend her over and fuck her brains out."
>Explained it as her way of decompressing after her first lethal combat
>>
>>51596554
>Only 5.113% of my former flesh remains. Why are you grabbing it?
>You KNOW what I want, you sleek sexy bastard you
>The flesh is weak!
>It feels pretty hard to me...
>Use a dendrite!
>No I want THIS gun to fire a few rounds
>It is not equipped with bolter shells! It is mere flesh! MERE FLESH!
>Mmmmph
>Your speech appears muffled? Waitaminute...
>>
>>51596632
Only the highest ranked admech can afford that level of modding. If you're low enough rank that you're still getting deployed on field missions then its highly likely that you only have the bare minimum amount of cybernetics to do your job.
>>
>>51596674
"Mere Flesh" has gotta be THE dumbest sounding climax noise I've ever heard of.

It's like if a girl screamed at you to come in her miserable little pile of secrets. You'll just be like, "wait what?"
>>
>>51596731
>>51596674
It was more like she whispered encouragements while my techpriest gritted his teeth and tried to focus on driving and not getting lost.
>>
>>51596731
Nah.

I'm pretty sure I'd start nutting harder.
>>
>>51596554
Did you know on roll20 if you pm using character name and not account name then the gm can see your pm?
>>
>>51596385
>>51596394
The spirit you speak with inhabits and speaks through the medium, not it's own corpse. The state of the corpse is utterly irrelevant. This means I can talk to a disintegrated motherfucker if I want to. So long as I have some vague connection to him (An item of his, the place he died, I knew him in life).
Right there in the class abilities.
>>
>>51596788
So he was in on it?
>>
>>51596731
>mere flesh
>miserable little pile of secrets
Okay, now someone HAS to write the least sexy sex scene possible using stuff like that.
>>
>>51596731
>You'll just be like, "wait what?"

Are you kidding? Reducing her to babbling epic memes would make me finish harder.
>>
>>51596800
If the pms were exchanged using character names.
>>
File: t82129C.jpg (54KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
t82129C.jpg
54KB, 800x598px
>>51596770
>>51596808
>>
Would you allow a Sphere Magus to treat Spell Blending as though it just added a single bonus Sphere Talent, instead of the base magus's effect?
>>
>>51596796
Okay but they still need to know the identity of who killed them.
>>
>>51596796
Link the text of the ability.
>>
>>51596821
So I guess that means my GM knew I was conspiring with other players to discreetly get other players killed and he didnt do shit about it.
>>
>>51596808
>now someone HAS to write the least sexy sex scene possible using stuff like that.

>Oooh fuck! Your dick is kind of okay!
>I mean, as dicks go I've had bigger
>I guess I'll take it this once~!
>>
>>51596087
> A second trap in the party might be a hard sell, though.
I might just do a straight shota then.

The no manifesting isn't too much of a deal breaker. I was half joking about being a psionic anyways. If there's still time I'll think up a concept that'll fit with the current party and apply either later tonight or tomorrow morning.
>>
File: 1480252124306.jpg (42KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1480252124306.jpg
42KB, 500x357px
So I don't play pathfinder, I play 5e. I'm interested in running a pathfinder game though, since what I've heard does intrigue me. I know the advantages and disadvantages, so don't worry about informing me of that. I've actually come with a different sort of question.

For years I have been using the same campaign setting. It's got high racism, low magic and is very low fantasy across the board. Life is short, violent and hard in my campaign setting.

5e is not particularly great for running low fantasy, I'm wondering if pathfinder is. Right now I'm on the fence about switching systems, and this could be what pushes me over.
>>
File: caillou.jpg (26KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
caillou.jpg
26KB, 480x479px
How "Powergamey" is /pfg/? Do you people generally prefer modest but interesting builds or Hellrape McFuckyou powerhouses that are either Gods or Godkillers?

I ask because the few groups I've played with have always been the latter and want to know if it's just standard Pathfinder or bad luck on my end
>>
File: [CAN'T WAKE UP].png (156KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
[CAN'T WAKE UP].png
156KB, 270x270px
MYTH-WEAVERS IS GONE

IT'S GONE
>>
File: 35f.jpg (38KB, 162x376px) Image search: [Google]
35f.jpg
38KB, 162x376px
>>51596731

It seems to be fairly common in Japanese porn mango land.
>>
>>51596892

>5e is not particularly great for running low fantasy, I'm wondering if pathfinder is

Haha what? 5e is much better at this than Pathfinder
>>
>>51596892
It's easier to reduce than it is to add. Don't want high fantasy? No full casters, no magic items above like +3 bonus, make magic items harder to find...
>>
>>51596902
>How "Powergamey" is /pfg/? Do you people generally prefer modest but interesting builds or Hellrape McFuckyou powerhouses that are either Gods or Godkillers?

Personally, I'm a huge fan of modest but interesting builds that are able to do what they need to do effectively.

That said, I've seen enough Hellrape McFuckyous to know /pfg/ tends towards optimization.
>>
>>51596808
>Ah... Fair sir... Wherefore dost thou to my window come?
>... Uh've come to repair the *Harpsichord*
>Ah well you'd best come on in then!
>A'ight
>The Harpsichord is in my *boudoir*....
>....! I'll get me mate!

*PORN JAZZ*
>>
>>51596892

Not especially. General assumption is that players have access to magic and magic items.
>>
>>51596902
Bad luck unfortunately; there's a very vocal minority that seems convinced that just because you CAN play a Demiplane Simuralculm Blood Money Wizard, or an ODZS Broken Blade Primal Fury Custom Monk Weapon Warder, means that you SHOULD do so at all times. It's frustrating.
>>
>>51596892
>I know the advantages and disadvantages
>wants to use PF for low-magic game
Clearly you don't. Pathfinder is goddamn TERRIBLE for anything except very high magic, high-fantasy games.
>>
>>51596939
>>51596902
I always go for modest builds with more fluff.
>>
>>51596924
Yeah all I really know about pathfinder is that it's closer to 3.5 (which I have played) and that class options are insane. If it's not great for low fantasy (or at least better than 5e) then I probably won't make the switch

>>51596929
Yeah that's similar to what I've been doing with d&d for the past few years. We never played 4e haha
>>
>>51596906
>Hahaha, very funny. Don't even joke about that
>go to check
I'm going to go take a shower.

And then a nap.
>>
>>51596902
I've seen this guy called 2hu and every time a campaign would open up he would always ask the gm if he was ok with a series of feats and traits and other shit which basically allowed him to reduce all other PCs to npc duty if the gm was fool enough to allow it.

So in short, yeah there are a few players here that may as well ask the GM if they could break the game or at least invalidate the rest of the party.
>>
>>51596883
There's still time, even if you don't make it for the upcoming session, there'll still be an empty player slot until it's filled.

I think most of the girls in the party prefer dominant males though
dominant shota would be... possible?
>>
>>51596902
I tend to like memebuilds which require obscene effort to make viable. Or braindead easy builds that let me put in minimal actual effort for combat to achieve acceptable results so I can focus on other things, while still having a trump card to whip out if shit goes south.
>>
>>51596929
"Reducing" like that also renders Pathfinder completely non-functional as opposed to just bad.
>>
>>51596978
Pathfinder is awful for low fantasy, truly terrible.
>>
>>51596902
Weird question for everyone. Is DHB a power gamer? I don't think he's ever played a tier 1 class.
>>
>>51596978

Use the daily short rest/weekly long rest option in 5E instead of playing Pathflounder if you want lower fantasy
>>
>>51597008

Pathfinder has LOW ENERGY, sad!
>>
>>51596906
>We had a problem with the database, I made a mistake during recovery that worsened the problem resulting in major data loss. I'm attempting to restore as much data as possible but it looks like July 25 2016 is the last full data date

FUCK
>>
>>51597015
Yes.

You don't need to be tier 1 to be a power gamer.
>>
>>51596906
>>51597025
D-does that mean all the sheets since then are lost too!?
>>
>>51596991
It's possible. Hmmm. Mayhap some fallen from grace prince...
>>
File: 1432850018327.gif (387KB, 269x270px) Image search: [Google]
1432850018327.gif
387KB, 269x270px
>>51597035

Yes
>>
>>51597004
Do feel free to give examples.
>>
>>51597035
Yes.
>>
File: 1450226906239.gif (3MB, 580x328px) Image search: [Google]
1450226906239.gif
3MB, 580x328px
>>51597035
M-maybe?
>>
>>51596975
Why can an optimized build not have fluff?
>>
>>51597049
Holy shit how in the nine hells do you fuck this up THIS badly?

That's like everyone moves to find and use a different site kind of fuckup.
>>
>>51596906
>been lazy as fuck and haven't transferred my mythweavers sheet to gdocs
>mfw this shit happens

FUCK. At least I took down my spell/manuever list(s) and a bunch of other random shit, but RIP my inventory and skills. Is there truly no way to go back and recover shit?
>>
>>51596874
I feel like I know the Oglaf comic that was from.
>>
>>51596902
I optimize toward concepts, but not overall. If I played a blaster wizard for instance, he would be as blasty as I could physically manage.

Well, at least that's usually the case. I've gone off the deep end before with the whole slew (ODZS Warder W/ Primal Fury and Shattered Mirror Gestalt with a cohort gained via leadership), but that's because there was only one other party member in our group of 4 who was even remotely capable of participating in combat.
>>
>>51597073
>TFW I write all my bio stuff directly into the mythweavers and haven't held a local copy in years.
>>
>>51597095
I'm not saying it can't. Just that worrying about optimization is secondary to me.
>>
>>51597104
Apparently it's being worked on, but we can only hope for right now.
>>
>>51597030
There is a difference between optimization and power gaming.
>>
>>51597106
>I feel like I know the Oglaf comic that was from.

It wasn't an Oglaf comic.

but it was from a comic.
>>
File: 1279222183310.jpg (83KB, 327x240px) Image search: [Google]
1279222183310.jpg
83KB, 327x240px
>>51597025
>I made a mistake during recovery that worsened the problem resulting in major data loss. I'm attempting to restore as much data as possible but it looks like July 25 2016 is the last full data date
>I made a mistake during recovery
>>
File: 1453595945745.png (332KB, 540x784px) Image search: [Google]
1453595945745.png
332KB, 540x784px
>mfw this means every single RotJR character sheet is gone
>mfw this means my level 16 character is back to level 4, and I forgot what my feats were
>>
>>51597113
That sounds like an excuse I have heard before from people. Not saying you do it, but a lot of folks who sound like you end up whining when their build doesn't do anything and doesn't do what their fluff says it can and demands others be weakened to their level.
>>
Well at least I still had my sheet for my newest app open in another tab. But I lost a lot of sheets.
>>
File: 1477543519132.png (47KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
1477543519132.png
47KB, 500x430px
>ETA 2 hours
https://twitter.com/mythweavers/status/828699208718770176
>>
>>51597153
Well they're low level at least. I can rebuild mine in my sleep more or less, everything but skills, inventory, and flavor text on the myth-weaver sheet.
>>
File: WHY.jpg (24KB, 214x276px) Image search: [Google]
WHY.jpg
24KB, 214x276px
Wow, and here I thought I was being a sperg making a shitton of redundant pastebins and word docs. I honestly didn't think they'd come in handy like this.
>>
>>51597156
Im not saying I don't optimize, just that it's not primary.

I don't need to be the best in combat, and it's easy to contribute even with a fluff build.
>>
>>51597153
I'm more concerned about my 6th and 13th-level gestalts!
>>
>>51597104
I've still got my sheets open at least, so I can still grab them while they're in the cache. WEW
>>
File: 1417656326215.gif (80KB, 592x415px) Image search: [Google]
1417656326215.gif
80KB, 592x415px
>Created a new account to back up my old character sheets
>The empty hand is now gone forever
>Crazed gorumite is gone forever
>Granda bear monk is gone forever
>Shoggoth host idiot pianist is gone forever
>All those old characters from campaigns long finished complete with journal entries from day 1 to day 600 gone forever
>>
>had a boatload of sheets for different PCs I'd been working on
>and also a PC I'm going to be bringing into a campaign
>just fucking gone

Fuck you. Piece of shit little fuck up.
>>
And this is why you furfagging kitsune lovers should not trust other people with your data.
>>
So now that myth-weavers is confirmed incompetent, what are some decent alternatives for having online character sheets?
>>
File: Varying Degrees of Disgust.jpg (502KB, 1174x943px) Image search: [Google]
Varying Degrees of Disgust.jpg
502KB, 1174x943px
Guys, everything since July 25th is gone. Do you know what this means?

Every single /pfg/ campaign lost all their character sheets.
>>
>Mythweavers go online
>Losses are confirmed
>pfg rebuilds
>1 week later
>Lol we fixed server and restored your old characters, accidentally deleted data from february 2017 onwards in the process, hope you don't mind
>>
>>51597324
: D
>>
>>51597283
The full backup is from July so unless you did that between July and now there should still be some of them
>>
>>51597324
>>51597333
I think Godlings game should be okay actually.
>>
>>51596808
>Hello, gorgeous.
>You talking to me?
>You're the stuff that dreams are made of.
>Is that a salami in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
>Mrs. Robinson. You're trying to seduce me, aren't you?
>Elementary, my dear watson.
>Well then, say hello to my little friend.
>That looks a little small to be a stormtrooper...
>I am big! It's the pictures that got small! Give it time.

*La-dee-da, la-dee-da*

>Mother of mercy, is this the end of Rico?
>OH MY GOD!!!
>I'M KING OF THE WORLD!
>... oooh... As god as my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

>.... Well here's another fine mess you've gotten me into.
>Is it safe?
>You can't handle the truth!
>Houston, we have a problem.
>No wire hangers, ever!
>Hasta la vista, baby.
>>
Please let this be one of the death knells for Pathfinder.
>>
>>51597358
Many innocent creatures suffer, not just us.
>>
>>51597358
Pathfinder will be revitalized when starfinder comes out.
>>
>>51597358
Wat. It isn't as if mythweavers is pathfinder specific or anything.
>>
File: 1484653143078.png (372KB, 628x719px) Image search: [Google]
1484653143078.png
372KB, 628x719px
>>51597337
I transferred my local sheets to my new account this december. My hard disk that used to contain them died shortly afterwards.
>>
>>51597358
This is literally the equivalent of someone spilling soda on a ton of sheets.

Also this
>>51597380

This screws over a shit ton of people.
>>
>>51597358

Anon, Myth-Weavers hosted everything from Exalted to Seventh Sea.
>>
>>51597358
Myth-weavers isn't a site specifically for Pathfinder, you mouthbreather.
>>
>Myth-Weavers down
>People panic
>Campaigns fall
>World order is ruined
>mfw I always make backup sheets in excel

And I forgot that I had purged my reaction images, so assume that there's a smuganimegirl.png along with this post
>>
I'm so happy that all the fucking losers I know that can't figure out how to do a sheet by hand just got fucked.
>>
File: IMG_5145.png (502KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5145.png
502KB, 1334x750px
>>51597395
You're fucked then, brah. You have my sympathies.
>>
>>51597341
oh they've all rewritten their sheets more than once. the fun's for everyone most likely.
>>
File: Screenshot_149.jpg (9KB, 186x284px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_149.jpg
9KB, 186x284px
>>51596906
GOD WILLED THIS YOU KITSUNE LOVING FUCKS!
>>
File: IMG_5133.png (898KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5133.png
898KB, 1334x750px
>>51597415
This good enough?
>>
>>51597416
This is why I always build my characters in notepad, and only transfer them to character sheets on MW for the sake of the GM/Party.
>>
File: 1483950175064.jpg (88KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1483950175064.jpg
88KB, 1024x576px
Literally how the fuck do you fuck up this bad
>>
File: tumblr_ny9fkwJPcW1qzwtdlo1_500.jpg (139KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny9fkwJPcW1qzwtdlo1_500.jpg
139KB, 500x656px
>>51597415

We must rekindle Myth-Weavers and reset the cycle, lest we fall into the Dark forevermore.
>>
>>51597437
Smugger
>>
File: 014 - FIcC225.png (92KB, 343x224px) Image search: [Google]
014 - FIcC225.png
92KB, 343x224px
>tfw normally built a character using notepad
>tfw /pfg/ demands mythweavers and bullies me into doing it
>tfw this happens
I should have stuck with notepad.
>>
File: Smug.gif (1MB, 193x199px) Image search: [Google]
Smug.gif
1MB, 193x199px
>>51597466

How's this?
>>
File: 1485894741324.jpg (75KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1485894741324.jpg
75KB, 900x900px
>>51597487
>>
File: laffinganimegrills.png (163KB, 566x227px) Image search: [Google]
laffinganimegrills.png
163KB, 566x227px
>mfw I only really have to rebuild one character thanks to this
>know the fucko inside and out, save inventory and maybe EXACT skill placement since I had a bunch of single ranks slapped about
>worst case is I lose an evening before a game to recheck things and have to check with the GM
>there are people who don't have at least chunks of their in-use character(s) saved outside of mythweavers

and here I thought the salt would come from the selection process for games
>>
>>51597487
Yes, this is good
>>
File: 13 - M8fE8Ko.png (2MB, 1214x1109px) Image search: [Google]
13 - M8fE8Ko.png
2MB, 1214x1109px
>>51597466
>>
>>51597558

What is that girl from, anyway? I remember /a/ throwing a fit at what they thought was an NTR story becoming anything but.
>>
File: Solewd.jpg (91KB, 455x456px) Image search: [Google]
Solewd.jpg
91KB, 455x456px
>>51597558
While she's cute, I prefer the more even back&forth of Kaguya.
>>
Good thing I waited to start my game on MW
>>
File: 1482479750747.jpg (602KB, 1864x3263px) Image search: [Google]
1482479750747.jpg
602KB, 1864x3263px
So I've been a player for a few months now and my current DM wants to pass off the mantle for a couple weeks. I can't recall all the rules on everything, but I do have plenty of reference material. I've got a question on character building. Assuming that all of the Pazio content is available and no 3rd party, using only 20 character levels and maybe a few mythic tiers, what would be a good build for a CN Alchemist BBEG that is made to be more frustrating than actually difficult to fight? Something that can just pull shenanigans out of his ass and fuck with the party. A troll build, if you will. Assume Lv20 starting wealth for magic items.
>>
>>51597629
>Good thing I waited to start my game on MW

What was your game, senpai?
>>
>>51597569

>NTR story becoming not an NTR story
>The cuckers were cucked
>>
>>51597569
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san

It's a girl who teases her slow-witted crush. It's kinda cute but I find it too one-sided.
>>
>>51597480
I've always done both. And a pastebin, and a word doc, and a google doc and...let's just say paranoia pays off sometimes.
>>
It's weird how they weren't running backups for 7 fucking months. What the fuck?
>>
>>51597569
>I remember /a/ throwing a fit at what they thought was an NTR story becoming anything but.
No it was because it's about a girl who teases the MC
One of the chapters made it look like he was either cucked or the story was ending after a flashfoward to ten years later or both
Then the last panel has her looking at the camera and saying "how did it feel to be teased"
>>
>>51595959
Search "Lamia Commoner"
>>
>>51597711
It sounds to me more like he has long term backups (every half a year) and short-term backups, and he managed to [rm *] the short-term.
>>
File: wait what.jpg (97KB, 365x467px) Image search: [Google]
wait what.jpg
97KB, 365x467px
>>51597569
What? That can't be that series, It doesn't...

What?
>>
I hope everyone learned a valuable lesson about Data security today!
>>
So I'm planning on playing a middle aged human wizard missing most of his right arm, a portion of his right jaw, his right eye, and his right leg from the knee down.

Are there a full list of the skill modifiers and the mechanical implications for missing limbs.
>>
>>51597716
>Pageview limit exceeded
God damn it
>>
>>51597714
If I recall that chapter rather made it look like he'd died and she'd moved her teasing to their kid.
>>
>>51597729
No.
>>
>>51597749
I forget exactly what happened
I remember /a/ exploded over it and I did too, that's all
>>
>>51597729
>wizzard
>not just using regenerqtion to grow it all back.
You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>51597727

I learned that my making physical copies of my sheets was a really good plan.
>>
>20th mythic gestalt harbinger//slayer is gone
>warlord 20//Fighter 10/Beast Heart Adept 10 w/ three monstrous companions sheets is gone

>Mfw the one character that could do a reasonable re-optimization due to various errors in her original build STAYS FUCKING UNCHANGED.
>>
is there a way to take more burn at once as a kineticist?
>>
>>51597772
But regeneration isn't on the wizard spell list?
>>
>>51597772
>Regeneration
>7th level spell
>not on the wizard spell list
The character is gonna be level 3.
>>
>>51597770

I'm gonna have to get a Chapter # so I can vicariously feel the petulant rage you lot had.
>>
>>51597780
the amount you can eat at a time goes up as you level. as does the amount you can reduce it by for infusion specialization.
>>
>>51597872
You basically have to read the entire thing though, the explosion happens due to its relationship with the rest of the manga up until that point
>>
File: Sagiri Falling Apart.jpg (558KB, 959x851px) Image search: [Google]
Sagiri Falling Apart.jpg
558KB, 959x851px
>>51596906
Thank god for conveniently timed new manga releases
>>
>>51597881
is there any way to spend all remaining health on powering up a single blast?
>>
>>51597912
No
>>
File: 1450675736113.gif (1MB, 400x394px) Image search: [Google]
1450675736113.gif
1MB, 400x394px
>>51597891
>the explosion happens due to its relationship with the rest of the manga up until that point

>mfw I'm reading the manga
>mfw Takagi's teasing of Nishikata

This girl is so clever and sweet, I love it.
>>
>>51596311
>(I'm not actually the GM)
Did the GM approve you posting about the opening?
>>
>>51597901
Yuuna is based
>>
>>51597872
>>51597891
>>51597933
Just for reference, it's Chapter 31

I really enjoy the manga though, it's just cute.
>>
>>51594932
>>51591354
>>>51591297 (You)
>Anything you wish you established right from the start? Regrets, mistakes made, thoughts on how it could go better?
>... Or we can both get some sleep. I wouldn't mind that. 5:00 AM saps my sentience too.
I went to bed.

>Allowing *any character a player can build* is a good way to have PCs with no investment in your campaign. I'd advise requiring characters who have some common goal or common background or what have you, dictated by you, varying by campaign.

>I'd also advise having the players coordinate and each come up with back story bits that bond then with at least two other party members. (8 events for a 4 man group), and require that you can use them to draw a connection between any two party members in a maximum of 2 lines. Group cohesion.

>Provide a page full of distinct personality traits and have your players pick at least 3 for their character.

>Have each PC provide a long-term goal and a shirt term goal for their character, with both of them not being at odds with the campaign premise you hoisted on them.

>200 words maximum for character backgrounds in paragraph form.

>No editing your sheets on game day.

>Character sheets must be submitted at least 2 weeks before game day.

>Timed rounds. The first player to act in combat gets 2 minutes to decide his action and start rolling/casting/whatever, or they forfeit their turn. Each subsequent player gets 30 seconds to decide. You try to keep round time as short as possible for the enemies, but no specific time limit applies to you. Explain this up front.

>Build enemies using benchmarks like in Unchained, not by level.

>WBL is not a suggestion. It tells you the minimum wealth your PCs need to have at their level. Being below WBL fucks over the weakest of classes more than the strong. Wealth in consumables that have been consumed is meant to be replaced by next lvl.

>3 tier class spread at maximum.

>Newbie PCs should build using class guides
>>
>>51597955
Yes.
They made a post in an earlier thread with the same info.
>>
File: avarice.jpg (253KB, 803x609px) Image search: [Google]
avarice.jpg
253KB, 803x609px
>>51597596
That poor ribbon girl has no idea how close she comes to getting murdered every other week....
>>
>>51597750
I see.

I can name most of the ones for missing an arm. However stuff like skill modifiers for missing an arm/leg/eye are numerous and difficult to recount in full.

I planned on basically homebrewing an anti-feat called "mutilated" and asking if I could take it for some kind of mechanical swing in the other direction. Honestly I would be willing to take it for no benefit, but most people want drawbacks to come with corresponding benefits.
>>
>>51598016
>a chest
A chest of what? Is it a treasure chest?!
>>
>>51598039
>>51597750
>>51597729
What fucking posses people to play a wizard under the guise of "it's ok I'm OP, I have this drawback" and act like it matters.
>>
I recently found the pathfinder pawns box at my local bookstore, seems like a decent alternative to 3d minis. Does anyone have any experience with it?
>>
>>51597970
>Start at no lower than level 6.

>Plan and pace your campaign and XP progression and what level you want them to attain in advance to finish both in 6 months of real time. If it's longer odds are the campaign will fizzle out before you finish.

>Read the Alexandrian's node based adventure design to help you make better adventures.

>Read angry GMs articles on boss monsters to help you make more interesting boss fights.

>Come up with all sorts of tables to use when the PCs do something unexpected and you need something but are not prepared, in case you get stuck.

>Never plan for a specific outcome, plan the situations and plan a few solutions and be ready for the PCs to improvise others, and you improvise the outcomes based on player decisions. They never seem to do what you expect them to.

>
>>
>>51598104

It's just that-an alternative.
>>
>>51598042
It's bountiful if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>51598080
What fucking possesses people to whine about what other people are making because they're pissed that sword and board can't match literally tampering with the fabric of reality?
>>
>>51598177
Mostly because level is the mechanical metric supposed to show equality.

That's why wizards had such slow early xp growth in 2e.
>>
>>51598177
Not that guy, but it's really not that uncommon to be dissatisfied with a system that causes sword-and-board to be less powerful than an arbitrary fictional force that can literally be as weak or as powerful as the designers want it to be
>>
>>51598208
>>51598200
>>51598080
Gonna say it doesn't seem like that's what he's going for? He just wants to be a character missing bits.
>>
>>51598177
What bugs me about this is still how people still throw around that magic and wizards SHOULD be doing this shit, even when the players don't want THAT MUCH POWER thrown around. Or that it's ALWAYS HOW IT IS IN EVERY SYSTEM EVER, and that THIS METHOD of doing THIS magic is the "only way it's ever done".
>>
I'm playing in a campaign where one of the other players keeps complaining my SoP elementalist is overpowered because it does about 18d8+30 fire damage to a single target (we're level 12). He's playing a hunter. How much damage should we be doing at this level?
>>
>>51598400
He's got literally a second fighter at his side, and he's complaining about you doing single target damage?
>>
>>51598400
That's an average of 111 damage to a single target.

And you're expending resources to do it.

You're fine.
>>
>>51598303
Anon because if you use any other system of magic it makes it literally worthless
Go on I want to hear your totally-not-arbitrary version of magic that makes total sense and is the way it's not done
If you want "realistic" then leave out magic, if you want low powerlevels then just nerf everyone.
>>
>>51598452
>Anon because if you use any other system of magic it makes it literally worthless

Wait, how does toning down magic at all make it worthless? Games like Through the Breach for example have more limited magic but that doesn't make them literally worthless.
>>
File: Confused Anime Girl.gif (296KB, 529x720px) Image search: [Google]
Confused Anime Girl.gif
296KB, 529x720px
>>51598452
>casters MUST be capable of tampering with the fabric of reality as an assumption
>implying magic is worthless if they CANNOT do this
>When SoP is one of /pfg/'s favorite things to throw around, as is talk of limiting the truly campaign/world-warping spells
>implying that magic, a fictional arbitrary force, is exactly the same in every setting

what did he mean by this
>>
>>51598450
Actually, I'm not. Gather Energy!
>>
>>51598474
He got mad about how it's ALWAYS HOW IT IS or SHOULD BE DOING THIS SHIT
What system for magic do you want besides "it's literally fucking magic"?
>>
>>51598511
I honestly hate SoP. I dislike its design philosophy. This isn't to say I like the normal casting system however.
>>
>>51598512
You spent a talent, as well as a full-round action every round you do it, for that effect then.
>>
>>51595691
>>51595732
There are no male lamias in the myths either.
>>
>>51598511
You're complaining about it a fictional arbitrary force being arbitrary in power
If you want a grounded version, maybe grounded in physical energies be my guest but that leads to shit like being able to cast a fireball before being able to levitate a book for a few minutes or being able to explode someone on contact by the time you can cast Fly
>>
>>51598511
People like SoP because it escapes vancian spell slots.

Personally I find SoP too limiting, it has surprisingly little in the way of utility and fun the way 1pp spells or psionics do.
Heck, telekinesis and creation have the only entertaining utility options and you need to invest in them hard to make it work.
Spheres like darkness, alteration, enhancement, protection, war, time, half of death, etc are all just glorified magic-flavored ways of fighting rather than affecting the narrative in a meaningful way.
>>
>>51598563
Weren't the Naga originally buff snake men?
>>
>>51598544
What about it do you dislike?
>>
>>51598599
what is SoP?
>>
>>51598599
>Spheres like darkness, alteration, enhancement, protection, war, time, half of death, etc are all just glorified magic-flavored ways of fighting rather than affecting the narrative in a meaningful way.
Like it or not this is what most people want out of magic in the first place.

People want fireballs and zombie hordes. Not demiplane creation and scrying things to death.
>>
>>51598452
The problem isn't the scope of magic, it's the fact that two characters that are the same "level" should have generally-equivalent strengths and importance on the narrative and mechanics. A wizard can cast 7th-level spells at 13th level, but a martial character should be able to leap over buildings, punch his way through a mountain, or survive a lethal attack through sheer anger for hours. They don't need to fill the exact same niches, but they should be able to look at each other and go "damn, I wish I could do that, but it's a good thing I can do this instead".
>>
I vote the next thread be "Don't fear the Myth-Weaver Edition"

https://youtu.be/ClQcUyhoxTg
>>
>>51598629
>Like it or not this is what most people want out of magic in the first place.
>We am many you are one
>>
>>51598629
[more citation than your own opinion needed]
>>
>>51595024
No.
>>
>>51598650
But we should fear the Myth-Weaver. How do we know he won't fuck up again?
>>
>>51598633
And I don't disagree but then people would flip shit about 'weebs' despite a 13th level warrior being able to go full fucking dynasty wariors on mooks already anyway
>>
>>51598664
By accepting that he's gonna fuck up.
>>
Can a non-lance mounted character work or is the lance key enough that you can't really ignore it? I kind of want to give the Pegasus Knight a go from >>51595174 but a lance isn't a finesse weapon.
>>
>>51598664
By finding a different site to use instead.
>>
>>51598665
Then people should fuck right off, considering that there are tons of examples in British, Scottish, Irish, French, German, Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Sumerian, Chinese, Indian, Spanish, Polynesian, and Native American mythology and legends to show martials being fantastical.
>>
>>51598522
>>51598577
>"it's literally fucking magic"
>it's difficult to put any limits on your arbitrary fictional mystical forces
>therefore you should never put any limits on your arbitrary mystical forces to keep it from becoming bullshit
>even though there is constant complaining about arbitrary mystical forces not having limits and turning into bullshit

I guess I just have autism, because the words you're putting out are starting to become nonsensical. This isn't "you must learn fireballs before you can fly", this is just saying "why not just retool spells to function in ways your group wants".
>>
>>51598652
>>51598657
The fact that paizo balances around wizards tossing fireballs and magic missile general indicates that batman wizardry wasn't really intentional.
>>
>>51598698
But not in Tolkein, and that's what's important, anon.
>>
>>51596204
There's a Psychic Anthology spiritualist archetype that is a soul-knife manifesting black blade magus mixed with esoteric monk. All 1pp.
>>
>>51598708
Maybe because you can't really balance around utility spells because who knows how they're going to be used?
Anon if you really think people play Wizards to cast Fireball and Cone of Cold I don't know what to tell you.

>>51598706
Then do so? I mean if it's your group then you can do literally anything Rule Zero is in full effect and you can always discuss rebalancing among the group proper.
>>
>>51598710
I'm sorry, but did you even watch the Battle of Helm's Deep in the second movie?

Leggolass literally surfs on a shield down some stairs and headshots like thirteen orcs.
>>
>>51596358
It's called "innocence", anon.
>>
>>51598749
I can say from experience that at least 75% of people do and will not even look at a Wizard/Sorc the moment a better alternative to do so comes up.
>>
>>51598749

>Anon if you really think people play Wizards to cast Fireball and Cone of Cold I don't know what to tell you.

I do that. I like blowing things the fuck up. I enjoy a wizard who can shoot fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.
>>
>>51598800
>>51598805
You know what
Then what you even complaining about
Let them cast Time Stop + Delayed Meteor Swarm + Black Tentacles + Wail of the Banshee
That's what they're there for right?
>>
>>51598825
>my level 25 wizard is OP guys.
>>
>>51598833
I mean that's exactly what they're complaining about though, high level wizards being OP
>>
>>51598685
Why do you need a finesse weapon?
>>
>>51598685
Polearm Dancer feat from PoW:E lets you finesse a lance, counts as weapon finesse for feat prereqs.
>>
File: Chri3Mouses.jpg (80KB, 766x600px) Image search: [Google]
Chri3Mouses.jpg
80KB, 766x600px
>>51597970
>>51598127
I also went to bed.

A lot of this is core advice and some things I've learned myself, but I have to thank you for telling me about the node-based adventure design. I had been doing this in my last few campaigns and really struggled to codify it.

And don't worry, most of my material is probably "the PCs fucked off wat do". After the first couple sessions anyway, which are a little bit railroaded so I can get an idea of what the players can do.
>>
>>51598825
>>51598854
They're not complaing about how level wizards being OP, another anon was complaining about Spheres basically just being fighting magic with no narrative power and these anons were saying that's what most people WANT out of mages.

Flash fighting men.
>>
>>51598610
No, naga were snake bodied people with multiple arms.

They also were the guardians of pearls and raindrops.
>>
File: 61bz-X+NZCL.jpg (69KB, 314x500px) Image search: [Google]
61bz-X+NZCL.jpg
69KB, 314x500px
>>51596906
RED ALERT
>>
>>51597436
DEUS VULT
>>
>>51598042

Breasts, anon!
>>
>>51598902
Really Words of Power does it much more interestingly with a lot less broken.
>>
How do I do stuff like pic related? I assume Ranger is the way to go. What feats do I take and what specialty arrows do I get for maximum shenanigans?
>>
>>51599224
I *really* wish Words of Power had more support, it's actually a fun system.
>>
>>51599336
Take levels in Shadowdancer for Hide in Plain Sight.
>>
>>51599336

Wizards get Invisibility as a 2nd level spell.
>>
File: point and laugh.jpg (192KB, 554x720px) Image search: [Google]
point and laugh.jpg
192KB, 554x720px
>>51599364
>>
>>51598718
Okay
There's actually some fun looking shit in here.
>>
>>51599336
A good rogue should do the trick.
>>
Would you be willing to allow someone to play a character with the young template?

I wanted to play a young goblin who won the inter-tribe "Hide or Get Clubbed" competition two years running.
>>
File: 1458832266276.png (12KB, 477x539px) Image search: [Google]
1458832266276.png
12KB, 477x539px
How do I pic related? Assume 1pp and 3pp is allowed.
>>
File: 1365376478295[1].png (434KB, 798x685px) Image search: [Google]
1365376478295[1].png
434KB, 798x685px
>>51599364
>>51599391
Shit. Sorry, forgot pic.
>>
>>51599529
Grippli commoner 1
>>
>>51599539
Probably a Summoner.
>>
>>51599539

This is a very silly conversation.
>>
>>51599524
Someone, yes. Someone from this thread, no.
>>
>>51599524
I have played a young character, yes.

I am never using a changeling as a youthful character concept with that Gm ever again.
>>
>>51599540

Are you sure Pepe isn't some sort of Oracle for Kek? Perhaps a Bard or Magician?
>>
What games are you playing in right now, /pfg/?
>>
>>51599610
I am running 1 game for friends. I am playing in none.

it is a sad day
>>
>>51599610

Rise of the Jade Regent, Hell's Vengeance, a Celtic game and Monster Hunters!
>>
>>51599610
Playing in a lewd game, running a lewd game
>>
>>51599573
Why?
>>
File: ThulsaDoom.gif (518KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
ThulsaDoom.gif
518KB, 320x180px
Thulsa Doom demands applicants.
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/68369/pathfinder-adventure-path-shattered-star
>>
>>51599610
Rise of the Jade Regent, a Lovecraftian Horror/Conspiracy game, and a standard high-fantasy game.
>>
>>51599637
Shit. Monster Hunters? Tell me more?
>>
File: Tears In Rain.png (496KB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
Tears In Rain.png
496KB, 1280x528px
>>51599610
Probably none now that all my sheets are on fucking fire
>>
>>51599610

Myth-weavers is kil so N O N E
>>
>>51599652
I would but Myth Weaver ate my fucking char sheet I had written up!
>>
>>51599610
With all my sheets gone, nothing for a while. I've learned my lesson.
>>
>>51599624
Tell us about the one you're running, at least.

>>51599637
What's the Celtic game like?

>>51599642
Share details, please.

>>51599694
>>51599705
Kill yourselves like your sheets have been killed.
>>
>>51599610
RotR and IG.
>>
>>51599673
There must be more you can say over "standard high-fantasy game"
>>
>>51599720
>Tell us about the one you're running, at least.
I'm this guy >>51595620 >>51595639 >>51595669

It's a game run in two parts switching in perspective between two different sets of characters the party plays. One is a set of students at a massive university of the magical sciences, the other set is a group of mercenaries exposed to mythic sparks.
>>
File: Trick_arrow.png (81KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
Trick_arrow.png
81KB, 250x187px
>>51599364
>>51599385
>>51599505

Dammit. That's what I get for phoneposting at work. I want to have fun doing shenanigans like this image.
>>
>>51599690

Imagine a Pathfinder campaign that perfectly captures the look and feel of The Witcher, we're a small party of traveling monster hunters that take up contracts with towns and villages to slay the local werewolf or giant demon-infested boar and in return we get money, gratitude and loads of sex.

>>51599720
>What's the Celtic game like?

It's kind of post-apocalyptic? A ravenous race of reavers and raiders landed on the shores of our island and basically slaughtered everything in their path, and with the local chieftains in disarray after the death of the High King it is up to use to find a child fated to pull a sword from it's stone and thereby acquire the Right to Rule.
>>
>>51599720
Playing in a custom-made lewd game, currently balls deep (not literally) in a crashed alien spaceship fighting Succubi scientists. Running RotJR
>>
>>51599524
There's also rules for playing non-templates young characters.

>>51599576
Details
>>
>>51599760
Aw, that sounds pretty swell.
>>
File: 1379825586903.jpg (639KB, 4994x2290px) Image search: [Google]
1379825586903.jpg
639KB, 4994x2290px
>>51599776

Which RotJR are you running.
>>
>>51599610
Playing in one of the RotJR games.
>>
>>51599758
Ranger or slayer with feats that allow ranged combat manuevers with a few levels in brawler. remember, Green Arrow also knows how to throw a mean punch.
>>
>>51599748
Quite a bit, but it's all tied to individual characters.

We decided not to do a big "Save the World" storyline, and instead had a tighter, more character focused game.
>>
>>51599758
Good question. There's a bunch of alchemical and other special arrows you can craft in the Alchemy Manual. Also, if you take Fighter and grab the Spiritual Weapon AWT you can grab some free enchantments to your bow like Driving. Also, take a look at the Ace Disarm and Ace Trip feats.
>>
>>51599820
Team A and Team 1
>>
>>51599820
There's more than the two running?
>>
>DHB asks for legendary vigilantes/rogues in Shattered Star game
>DHB asked for missing limb rules

I don't understand. What posses a man to build like this?
>>
>>51599962
There's the Play-by-post games
>>
>>51599652
Thulsa Doom needs to man up and be decisive on material allowed instead of the communal voting bullcrap.
>>
>>51600002
>>51599652
I agree, the communal voting is dumb as fuck because people just impulse vote without reading the material.
>>
>>51600015
IMO it works fine. Niche stuff people aren't interested in not getting voted in is OK, the vote expresses the lack of interest.
>>
>>51599967
Legendary Vigilante material is legit. Legendary Rogues are okay but nothing to write home about. Missing Limb rules are cool in concept but the system itself just laughs at you for wanting it.
>>
>>51598857

Mostly a fluff thing. Pegasus Knight feels a lot more like it should be agile over strong.

>>51598871

That will help. Using it off the pegasus will look a bit funny but it works.
>>
>>51599907
Tell us about them.
>>
>>51600041
Except it doesn't? Most people don't bother to read or look into what gets posted to learn if they'd like it or not. They vote when knowing essentially nothing about what they are voting on. That's why fucking elections are fucked 99% of the time, informed voting is what you need.

Shit is dumb.
>>
>>51600041
But why should your disinterest negate my enthusiasm for something? They're not opposed to something they feel is broken, they're opposed to reading material they don't want to. Which is okay, they don't have to, but then they shouldn't get a say.
>>
>>51600111
Because it's a shared game? I think it's completely fine: it eases the workload of the GM unless the playerbase is very actively interested in something. It feels like a completely OK compromise on time/attention given to someone with the validation of the whole group, to me.

Complaining about it seems needlessly selfish. If you need the material indicated to be approved to be interested in the game, then surely your interest is more in the material than the game? In which case, apply for one that does allow it.
>>
>>51600080
I don't have to anon, there's convenient greentext.

>>51576434
>>
New thread:
>>51600178
>>51600178
>>51600178
>>51600178
>>51600178
>>
>>51599610
Playing a Rouge Trader game (with house rules) Friday mornings with irl buds and Running a PF game (with house rules and 3rd party allowed) for irl buds (mostly different group) where the party is Based with a mercenary group that travels across the Thuvia and Osirian deserts for work. Currently dealing with an aberration mystery where they are attacking the world above at seamingly targeted points.

Also they awoke the pillar men.
>>
>>51599610
Running a vigilante campaign using automatic bonus progression and consilidated skill list in a large city in Cheliax for anti-slavers and enemies of Asmodeus.

They're going to fight their first Hellknight and a cleric of Asmodeus. Should be horrifying.
>>
>>51598710
>what is the Silmarillion
Explain to me why can't we just duplex dragons?
Also last I checked, magic was incredibly limited in LotR as well
>>
>>51599983
How's that going.
>>
>>51599791
Well, when a changeling reaches puberty, they sufferThe Call, where their Hag parent tries to entice them to run off to the forest and become one.

Character's mother possessed her and turned her chaotic evil and gave her three bonus hexes to use to try and escape from the family she had been gifted to as a babe. The hexes in question? Charm, Scent Innocence, and Prehensile hair. She had an older half-brother and a cute 6 year old baby sister, in addition to her father (a huntsman and grounds keeper for the local lord) and a dwarf (a blacksmith who had levels in hunter). Her mother was an Annis hag.

As in man eating, baby flaying, cunning evil monster. And possessed, my character was chaotic evil. Chained up=/=helpless, especially with the trio of hexes I had.

Net result: brother and I lost our virginity, father lost an eye, and the dwarf beat the crap out of me and there was blood and ichor everywhere. Now my female character has rape in her background. It was a fade to black, before the dwarf and the father arrived to rescue the half-brother though.
>>
>>51600517
Isn't that a smut story on 1d4chan?
>>
>>51600579
Yes. Mine, as a matter of fact. My brain lovingly fills in all the details that the GM didn't.

Stupid fucking psychosis riddled brain.
>>
>>51599967
And yet, people are voting for it.
Apparently you idiots are okay with enabling him.
>>
>>51600727
Fortunately, his build is going to be so ridiculous it won't get chosen.
>>
>>51600622
>>51600579
Link?
>>
>>51596670
Go on...
>>
>>51600886
http://pastebin.com/9jQAP5SW
Tags: HumanMxChangelingF, M/F, bondage, con, noncon, incest, blood, magic
>>
>>51600981
Thanks.
Thread posts: 399
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.