[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 431
Thread images: 51

File: 0acab721fd19864e06c5fdd1abb08457.jpg (141KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
0acab721fd19864e06c5fdd1abb08457.jpg
141KB, 707x1000px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

What does your character do while drinking? While drunk? Do they do cute/sexy things they regret later?

>HELPFUL TIP: If you want to ask for advice or information on a build or character, explain what sources (1st- and 3rd-party) are allowed and if you already have a theme or concept in mind.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread: >>51564850
>>
I have done way, way too many homebrew archetypes as it's something I do when I get bored. The most recent is the Pegaus Knight, a paladin archetype for flying mounted combat and purity. A rather strong 'Fuck spellcasters' sub-theme.

Pegasus Knight
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FxyQ98xHryv8BS23EN-WqAEou3DoJWlQdw4U6eOFLjw/edit?usp=sharing

Phenomenal Prestidigitator (Spellburst savant archetype, charimsa-based stage magician)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Hl4iSN5el-ohN9paOuf_1TszJK9_srUXZFxj-HMpz8/edit?usp=sharing

Concecrafted Chorist (More supportive spellburst savant archtype with a musical theme)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qdpAD6J37KQFPHSZq4v0PUHsqRZBm4FTxVCMutFCFtI/edit?usp=sharing

Glorified Glossolalist (Divine spellburst savant archtype)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g3-Htf7HYQn6E3_BluPpZAtv3MPMUG3131P1N5L2dwU/edit?usp=sharing

All of them save the Phenomenal Prestidigitator are very much still in alpha, so feedback would be appreciated. Sorry for posting this in a few previous threads, trying to get some balance feedback as I know that the creator is the worst person to actually evaluate their own work.
>>
File: Urgathoa.jpg (87KB, 837x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Urgathoa.jpg
87KB, 837x1500px
I want to marry Urgathoa!
>>
>>51573729

Who are some of the RotJR characters you want to see absolutely smashed?
>>
>>51573807
That red punchslut needs to get that phat red booty smashed daily, nightly, and ever so rightly.
Does that count?
>>
Challenge: How do you defend a fortified village against a horde of orcs?

Your assets:
-a village surrounded by stone wall and fields
-a wizard's tower in the middle of the village
-a 10th level wizard(with standard WBL+tower)
-Approximately 300 villagers. Most of them are first or commoners, with some experts including just about every kind of craftsman you'd expect to find in a village.
-a company of loyal armsmen consisting of: 1 6th level captain, 10 4th level lieutenants, 20 2nd level sergeants and 200 2nd level warriors. All the officers are fighters. They're armed with chainmail, shortswords, shortbows and longspears. The sergeants have greatswords and breastplates, both masterwork. The officers have +1 longswords, breastplates and light shields.
-12 low level rangers who have horses and can act as scouts or messengers
The soldiers and the wizard have high morale, and most of them are willing to die to defend the village.

The enemy horde is approximately two thousand strong: approximately a quarter of them are camp followers and will not take active part in fighting. Most of the horde consists of first level warriors, with scattering of higher level orcs and other martial classes(mostly barbarians) thrown in. Your intelligence suggests that they also have approximately a dozen low level divine spellcasters among them. They will break if you manage to do enough damage without your defence collapsing. They do not yet have any siege, but will no doubt construct ladders and primitive siege engineers by the time they get here.

You have at least two weeks to prepare. What do you do?
>>
File: il_570xN.807998959_dmwn.jpg (113KB, 570x855px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.807998959_dmwn.jpg
113KB, 570x855px
New thread, new post.
I continue to make progress on my bloodborne project. I've gotten one class and four archetypes to a playable state so far.

>The Bloodborne Hunter
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NW98K-_vTEnS5ELs6UEZgu2WyMX0-hwrfEoMKGdUXlE

>Blood-Addled Hunter [Archetype]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U85TQ-_b_anKdM2O9AzRv0XPxvZTZA9y9w_4GgrAzf0

>Charred Hunter [Archetype]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YbZaK9lW5eaw8xJ7kAOB2HbcA4ac1ypdcl_0nVu9D6s

>Church Hunter [Archetype]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VXmJ-2sBdCT7W8gZ6uMYpT4nmVoaT3HBYa_5iyCqAUw

>Vileblood [Archetype]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s5BDGbHbBVnoqLpgMAFAlyz2etbaRLcJouVraeJasRI

>Sample Hunter - Cainhurst Hunter
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tuJxY3OGTYJq-KLnaTdOYg86ERBME7LR5JxdvFYmYXI

>Sample Creature - Beast Patient
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vau7ZkjE-F3Tjy3sHxIPHbRHkCD_Lm_Un79dP9SAaTU

I love hearing feedback, and thanks to everyone who has given feedback so far!

Finally, I'm fulfilling the anon's request from yesterday who was looking for a statblock for Father Gascoigne:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AkUOjgItGhJD_ZEY0woQTPDJWxGorWIAV8Rgp2Bbf80

He uses only 1pp rules, with the exception of the hunter axe which follows the rules for trick weapons in my bloodborne hunter document. He is balanced for an epic encounter for a APL 4-5 party.
>>
File: 1475504968631.jpg (87KB, 685x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475504968631.jpg
87KB, 685x800px
>>51573857
>-a 10th level wizard(with standard WBL+tower)

Samsaran wizard with Planar Binding.

Next.
>>
File: 1475868691060.jpg (641KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475868691060.jpg
641KB, 800x800px
Was this 2hu's waifu?
>>
>>51573729
My kitsune was half ulfen so she never got tipsy.
>>
>>51573879
Nice non-answer, faggot.
>>
>>51573653
Sleeping Goddess Style + Psionic Meditation are a godsend for mystics.

Move action, recover any maneuver you want, even one you used a turn ago.
Even stacks with normal mystic recovery so using it accelerates your cycle refresh speed by one round.
>>
>>51573857
How much intel on the orc horde does your party have?
>>
>>51573903

What does a half Ulfen Kitsune look like, an arctic fox?
>>
>>51573977
Pretty much just what I said. It would be reasonable to assume, though, that for a horde to get that big the warchief must be fairly powerful.
>>
>>51573981
Yeah.
>>
>>51574003

>Brawny white-haired girl with fox ears brazenly chugging down beer with the mates

Cute.
>>
>>51573857
Scry and fry the Orcish leadership if possible by sending bound outsiders after them.

See if you can send a strike team to take out key figures, especially the divine casters.

Hopefully they fall to infighting.
>>
>>51573991
Ok.
First of all make the commoners leave for a safe place and not stay in the settlement. If there is a dense forest, contact the good aligned fae residents and ask them to protect the innocent until the storm is gone. If there are caves, make them camp there and make them clear that if a certain time has passed and no one came for them then they should flee as refugees into civilized lands.
This will help have more resources during the siege.
Second, moral. Not yours but that of the orcs. Raid their camp and make their resources disappear and kill as many healers as possible.
Which heavy weaponry do you have? Can use boiled oil and water?
>>
>>51574055
>Which heavy weaponry do you have?
None at the moment, but with the workforce at your disposal it would certainly be possible to construct some catapults or ballistae.
>Can use boiled oil and water?
Yes.
>>
>>51574055
>Second, moral. Not yours but that of the orcs. Raid their camp and make their resources disappear and kill as many healers as possible.

This. Make sure your rangers and wizard are strategically fucking up every possible resource the loser greenskins have or might find.
>>
>>51573857
Craft siegestone so village does not starve. Spam wall of stone, stone shape, etc to fortify walls and create a no mans land with a spikey moat with the help of the militia.

Make the fight as boring as possible by casting shit like obscuring mist over the moat/obstacle course so that the orcs get crippling but non life threatening injuries to ensure that the orcs upkeep continues to rise as the siege continues.

Eventually the wizard gives the best fast talkers in the village a few hats of disguise and makes them slip into orc warcamp to egg on malcontents and eventually encourage infighting.

After they wear themselves out the defenders charge and finish them off.
>>
>>51573729

Why did that fox lady pour her alcohol in her lap? How is she supposed to drink it now!
>>
>>51574029
ngl that sounds pretty incredible. kumiho?
>>
>>51573857
>2000 strong
That wizard had better make good use of his spell slots.
The commanders need to go, especially the casters, and they need to go first. If there's any way of doing a surprise attack on their leaders with little to no casualties, do it.
First-level warriors are relatively easy to kill (duh), so the best idea with regards to mundane troops is to cut down their numbers as quickly as you can. If the divine casters are gone, this becomes much easier, with the wizard dropping area-of-effects or spells that cause disease before and during the battle. Sabotage their food supply, destroy their weapons, interrupt their sleep schedule.
>>
>>51574144
You're supposed to drink it now, Anon.
>>
>>51574241
haha no way fag
>>
>>51573861
It's neat that you're making the bloodborne hunter.
>>
Alright /pfg/, psychic lich or regular lich?
>>
>>51574339
Regular.

Psychic Lich's are goddamn stupid.
>>
>>51573857

Have the Wizard and the Rangers make guerilla strikes in the night against the Orc camps, with the Wizard launching Cloudkill spells against the enemy camp in the night before escaping on horseback to the safety of the town and tower.

That'll whittle down some numbers, hopefully enough that it'll lower the morale of the Orcish troops, and maybe even kill off some leadership if you're lucky.

When it comes time for the actual attack, have the Wizard launch plenty of Fireballs and Lightning Bolts via scroll or wand to dispatch swathes of enemy troops, but be ready to cast 'Wall of' spells to patch any holes that the Orcs punch through their defenses.
>>
>>51574091
In a week you could have at least two or three catapults, more if the wizards cast haste onto the workforce. Catapults will far more effective if you use projectiles filled with boiled oil, water, swarms of vermins (easy if the local spellcasters can cast summon swarm) or even plain oil and then incendiary projectiles barrage.
This attack becomes extremely effective if you have a spellcaster able to control weather and fill the battlefield with fog or mist. Once the orcs covered in scorpions, yelling by being boiled alive or in flames start their show their partners will certainly freak out by the lack of visibility.
>>
>>51574144
Drink it and give it to her with your mouth
>>
>>51573747
I don't have experience enough to judge Spellburst Savant archetypes, but the Paladin seems well balanced.
Just one question on the Pegasus statistics: What is "lesser flight"? Just write Flight 50ft (poor)
>>
>>51573857
Is this a god-game? I'm not personally in the town right?

Given two weeks, use the Wizard to strengthen and enlarge the stone walls. Have the villagers dig a moat and put shit-smeared spikes on the ground for 500 meters leading up to the walls. The moat is to be filled with water, but covered with lantern oil before the orcs close. Have crude pikes be fastened to the top and base of the walls, possibly via Stone Shape.
Use the wizard to shape some simple traps like murder holes. Have the villagers craft some simple onagers, it doesn't matter if they break after a few shots just have them available.
Make sure the divine spellcasters get killed, use the rangers as a strike team if possible. Use Cloudkill and other high damage or instant kill spells before running away.
Have 5 of the lieutenants, and the sergeants, and 75 of the warriors line the walls. 250 of the citizens during the siege proper should just be throwing rocks from the walls and shoving the ladders off, since the moat prevents them from bringing actual siege ladders to the fore.
When there's a lot of ladders, have some of the guards throw down a torch into the moat, destroying some of the ladders they've brought. The rangers should set up traps on the approach as well and support as archers or slingers.

Make sure to scout which direction they're coming from.
Have the captain and the rest of the troops along with the remaining villagers hide somewhere away from the actual horde's approach direction. Have the strongest of them mount the ranger's horses.
When the horde is closed near the walls, have the reserves charge their rear, led by the captain on a horse. Make sure the strongest are near the front so the orcs get a bigger shock from the sudden reinforcements.
The wizard should be spamming Fireball, Wall of X, Lightning, and similar area-of-effect spells on the now-surrounded crowd of orcs.
>>
>>51574374
Before you may ask how you will do against the mist or the thick fog remember that alarm spells are a thing.
If you watched a certain Orlando Bloom movie, you could use an spell to alert your siege engine and projectile troops when they have to fire (maybe cast onto rocks or similar).
>>
I got a 1 level dip available in my build, is there any way to get Wis to AC in light armor that way?

Mystics not available because I chose to not get Aurora Soul as the maneuvers didnt fit with what I wanted
>>
>>51574480
why not just take mystic and say you don't have the aura soul manuevers?
>>
>>51574426

Lesser flight was defined in the statblock. It's something I gave an actual phrase for that's turned up in a few abilities.

It's that 'This creature can fly as part of it’s movement.' you see on stuff like the flying rage power and some path of war attacks. It means that you need to end your movement on the ground or you fall.

So the pegasus rider is stuck with small bursts of flight rather than soaring until 5th level as early level flying is very, very potent and I didn't want this to laugh at all non-ranged foes before flying spells and regular flying enemies turn up. It's still enough to do most of what you need non-combat wise. If your 150ft run wasn't enough flight distance you are doing something kinda weird.
>>
>>51574485
Well, its more that I took base Mystic for my character

It's just that for Aurora Soul, even considering I can switch out two schools at least, the maneuver list is awkward for a two-hander build like my character

I would need a feat for Broken Blade to make use of it, Steel Serpent does not quite fit either and not being TWF means Thrashing Dragon is awkward
>>
>>51574547
Oh, and I forget to mention, I wanted Primal Fury, Scarlet Throne and Mithral Current mainly while also having Mystic's ability to throw out all the elemental strikes all while aiming to get into Landsknecht

Maybe I should have went with a different class perhaps
>>
File: End_Hector_and_Florina.png (69KB, 237x151px) Image search: [Google]
End_Hector_and_Florina.png
69KB, 237x151px
>>51573747
Pegasus sisters were always such good girls
>>
How do I court and date 2hufriend?
>>
File: Jesus_Says.jpg (19KB, 246x297px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus_Says.jpg
19KB, 246x297px
What does Channel Energy feel like when you get healed? How do the beneficiaries perceive the effect?
>>
>>51573861
Starting with the class:
Shouldn't Blood Ministrations work only if you hit the same creature that hit you?
Can you change the Tricks you have on a trick weapon? I'm asking because Material Trick from one of the badges becomes useless after some levels.
Should Visceral Attack be a full round action, same a s a full attack, both because it uses all the BAB attacks like a full attack, and because in-game visceral attacks had a lot of wind-up.
Rubbing Paper seems like it should be an item, not a class feature.
>>
>>51574897
...I could've sworn that the SRD had a page describing the effects depending on your god's portfolio, but I can't seem to find it.
>>
File: Iomedae 3.jpg (132KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
Iomedae 3.jpg
132KB, 595x842px
>>51574997
The Goddess in question is The Lady of Trumpets
>>
>>51574997
That sounds more like a Nethys thing. They can't put Lore on the SRD.

The oddly the planes sections has lore for some reason.
>>
Would a cute elven cartographer traveling the world to update her collection of maps to reflect the latest shenanigans of the shorter-lived peoples make a good romantic fling?
>>
>>51574519
>you need to end your movement on the ground or you fall.
Then add this phrase to the stat block. Make it clear what you intend, because even if your players aren't rules lawyers other players who see this might be.
>>
>>51575108

Right. I think rules as written it already works BUT more clarification wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for the feedback. As I said: I'm terrible at examining my own work for flaws and I hadn't concidered it being hard to understand.

Do you think the base idea (Non-soaring flight) is ok? I wanted someone playing a Pegasus Knight to be able to actually have a Pegasus as it's kinda the point of it all.
>>
>>51574897
Good
>>
>>51575060
It was definitely on the SRD, I rarely use Nethys.

They can't put SPECIFIC lore in the SRD. They CAN put generalized lore into it. So they can't say "The channel energy of Abadar manifests as...", but they can write things like "The channel energy of god of merchants manifests as..."
>>
>>51574897
Like bags of sand and salty coins.
>>
File: il_570xN.849141128_pccp.jpg (142KB, 570x855px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.849141128_pccp.jpg
142KB, 570x855px
>>51574977
>Shouldn't Blood Ministrations work only if you hit the same creature that hit you?
I don't see why. In the game you can rally with any creature
>Can you change the Tricks you have on a trick weapon? I'm asking because Material Trick from one of the badges becomes useless after some levels.
I'd say no
>Should Visceral Attack be a full round action, same a s a full attack, both because it uses all the BAB attacks like a full attack, and because in-game visceral attacks had a lot of wind-up.
Viscerals don't seem to have that much wind up to me, but that's beside the point. They are standard action because making them a full-attack action would guarantee no one would ever use them, and being a standard action allows the hunter to move and still have a good damage option at later levels which helps their mobility overall.
>Rubbing Paper seems like it should be an item, not a class feature.
Technically it is both an item and a class feature, kind of like an alchemist's mutagen or extracts.
>>
>>51575178
>>51574997

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/variant-channeling

Here you go.
>>
File: explosions.gif (1MB, 540x676px) Image search: [Google]
explosions.gif
1MB, 540x676px
Just posting this for reference.

>Evoker, with the feats Extend, Enlarge, Empower, Maximize, and Intensify Spell.
>>
>>51574897
I think it would depend on how the table views HP.
If HP is straight up meat points then it's a small burst of pain followed by relief as the wounds close themselves.
If it's the more abstract mix of small injuries, tiredness, and losing focus, it would feel more like something took away your pain and fatigue. Like a shot of painkillers and adrenaline straight to the heart.
>>
>>51575207
If you actually look at >>51574897 , that's not what we're talking about.
>>
>>51575147
>Do you think the base idea (Non-soaring flight) is ok? I wanted someone playing a Pegasus Knight to be able to actually have a Pegasus as it's kinda the point of it all.
Yeah, it's a pretty good compromise. I imagine the flavor as getting a young pegasus, and as you level up he grows to full strenght. Then again I use that for all ACs, it's the only way to explain the advancement stuff.
>>
>>51573857
>The enemy horde is approximately two thousand strong
>Most of the horde consists of first level warriors
>They will break if you manage to do enough damage without your defence collapsing
>You have at least two weeks to prepare. What do you do?
Overland flight, invisibility, improved invisibility, fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball. Every. Single. Day.
>>
>>51575331
Couldn't you just use Cloudkill, can level 1 warriors even resist that?
>>
>>51575331
wow we got a witty one over here
>>
>>51575209
Why Extend Spell? Unless I'm reading the destruction sphere wrong the only thing that would get extended is the Energy Sphere blast shape, which isn't very Megumin-esque.
>>
>>51575350

Mustard gas violates a couple rules of the Geneva Convention.
>>
>>51575350
No if the clerics of the orc horde aren't murderhoboed. If they are around they sure will use spells like clean air of gust of wind so the damage will not be catastrophic.
>>
>>51575426
Good thing then we cloudkill'd the Geneva Convention last month.
>>
File: Let Freedom Ring.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Let Freedom Ring.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
How common and visible is slavery in Osirion? I need to know how often my Andoran character is going to chimp out and try to liberate the people.
>>
>>51575444
Can't you just use it over and ove? There's only a dozen of them, they can't be everywhere at once. Just put the cloud in the relative middle, even Gust of Wind will just blow it over more troops
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/extend-spell-metamagic---final
>>
>>51575517
What if they decide to summon small air elementals and take the cloudkill to your troops?
>>
>>51575360
How is he even wrong?

If they're camping or marching one or two fireballs will already be catastrophic. Death from the sky wipes out materials, noncombatants, a good number of the warriors struck due to their low levels and saves, and may set fire to shit. The guy's invisible; a pair of those before running off home can cause the entire army's morale to fucking collapse in just a day or two.

This becomes even more effective if you use those rangers/scouts to pinpoint the worst moments and locations to be hit.

Three or four fireballs against a horde so unequipped to handle counter-magic-operations could ensure that if they even want to arrive at all, they may be starving, overloaded, and stressed as FUCK from looking over their shoulder 24/7 the whole way there.

This IS a level 10 wizard after all. A level 10 of a LOT of classes could pull this off in various ways. Level 1 warriors are basically CR what, 1/2? 1 at most? So about 32 of those matches up to 1/4 of a character's daily resources by the encounter system; (couple of fireballs, improved invis, sounds about right). And this assumes they're not a 'troop' but individuals you have to kill one at a time; a 'troop' is far more vulnerable.

A rogue could probably do several dozen guys a night as well, AND steal their shit without nobody noticing. Not even the unchained rogues either, the normal shitty ones!

That shit will DESTROY morale.
>>
>>51575543
>>51575444
>>51575517
Pretty sure the Wizard and his ranger minions already assassinated these clerics nights ago, in the fucking bush, before the orcs even came within sight of the walls.

Get with the program, nerds.
>>
>>51575262

Pretty much. Either a young pegasus or one that's just not used to carrying another person on it's back long distance yet.
>>
>>51575546
This is not about whether he is wrong or not
But that is a super old horse nobody finds interesting
Wow flying in the sky and shooting fireballs, what a fucking idea
Only everyone in the world has thought about it too
>>
>>51575568
But what if they are caught? What if invisibility fails because there is an orc with true seeing or hounds with an acute scent?
>>
>>51575587
The question wasn't "What's the most creative way to defend this village?" it was "How do you defend a fortified village against a horde of orcs?" The best answer is the one that is simplest, uses the least materiel, leads to the least friendly casualties, and has the lowest chance of failure. Boring or interesting doesn't factor into it.
>>
>>51575627
As I recall, none of these orcs have true seeing, and presumably the rangers, being rangers, are more than adequate to bamboozle hounds. Indeed, between a pack of rangers and a wizard, the beasts of the horde could likely be subverted and turned against their disgusting orcish former masters.
>>
>>51575627
They still have to hit the Wizard though, which is probably not that simple.
And a level 10 should be able to use Wall of Force unless I'm retarded.
>>
>>51575656
I didn't ask the question, I don't care
The invisible fireballs from the sky is a shit idea no matter how well it works
>>
>>51575546
Mindfog + Cloudkill + Hailstorm + Fireball daily should be a huge deal yeah
And hell, he should be able to Animate Dead to boot so they have to fight their former friends while dodging deadly fogs and hailstones the size of baseballs.
>>
>>51575682
Except if it works then it's not a shit idea. You sound like the kind of guy who rolls your eyes whenever the two-handed fighter hits someone because it's "too cliche."
>>
>>51575682
Pretty sure it's a top shelf idea and you're just mad because your Orc bulls are going to get gelded, son.
>>
>>51575706
>>51575668
Honestly, the orcs probably won't even make it to the town at all. That wizard, with his helpful platoon of ranger dudes, should be able to kill or scatter all two thousand in the two weeks it would've taken them to get there.

That said, the town should still be prepared for the defense as mentioned before just to be safe, but it's not likely that such a small horde can withstand those lightning raids and all that sudden death.
>>
>>51573857
It sounds like you're playing way of the wicked from the opposite end of the conflict. Sounds like it would be fun.
>>
>>51575711
>>51575714
If it does not naturally lead to an adventure, it is a shit idea
There is no value in coming up with these scenarios where no stakes are to be had.
>>
>>51575759
So you should cripple yourself for the sake of the story, got it.
>>
>>51575195
Alright. Been a while since I played so you're probably right.

Rubbing Paper needs some clarifications: can the hunter stockpile Rubbing Paper? He can more everyday, but it doesn't say they lose potency after some time, only after applied.
How long does it take to prepare the papers? Or preaparing one paper is part of the same action as applying it?
Can the paper be given to an ally to use on his weapon? If not, can the hunter apply it on an allies weapon and give it to him?
This all needs to be specified like Alchemists Bombs did.

On the Blood Addled archetype: No problems I can see, I do love that Beast Blood Pellet can be given to others. If you could get Alchemist Discoveries to improve it it would be too much, but since you can't it's actullay awesome.

On the Charred archetype, espouse means agree, you probably mean divorce themselves from the normal subtlety of the workshop.
Do they still gain the benefit from their badges?
Bone Marrow Ash has the same problems as Rubbing Papers.

On the Church Hunter, the only problems are tht he sometimes gets called Holy Blade in the text, and I don't see any way for him to be forced to gain insight. That is not a big problem just makes the bit about going insane seem pointless.

Vileblood archetype:
Had to read the badge twice to understand it, but maybe it's just post lunch fatigue. The damage on the PC bypasses DR and can't be healed, but on the enemy it's more damage, but normal weapon damage? That is rather cool. More abilities like this should exist. Vicious is shit.
Nimble for 3 Runes? Even with Blood Pool being better than Cunning Blood and Fade Away, I think the Vileblood could actually use another minor ability to finish balancing. Caryll Runes are freaking powerful.
>>
>>51575759
>If it does not naturally lead to an adventure, it is a shit idea
I admit it wasn't the brightest idea from that guy's GM to pit level 1 orcs against level 10 wizard.
>>
>>51575780
No you idiot, this is not about fucking stormwind
Either two things happen:
a.) GM just says "okay you beat them" and skips the part
b.) GM throws, I dunno, a dragon at you in the sky to give the scenario ANY meat
>>
>>51575809
Figuring out your plan /is/ the story. The meat is already there, the adventure is being a tactician, which means minimizing risk and maximizing effectiveness. I'm sorry if that's too boring for you.
>>
>>51575759
>>51575809
>gives the party a level 10 wizard
>expects ANY number of level 1 orcs to be an issue
Anon you can literally use Wall of Force to stop them dead in their tracks during their march and spam cloudkill over and over and over and they can do nothing to you.
>>
>>51575809
Or he goes "While the Wizard and the rangers were off beating themselves off in the sky over the fake decoy horde, the REAL horde of 8000 lvl 16 Gestalt Orcs Mythics show up from the opposite end."
>>
>>51575759
Then don't add the wizard? A cleric six is enough for stone shape, give him enough time and he could make the wall impregable. He also has Obscuring Mist and some walls, so he can do the battlefield control without being as army rolling as the wizard.
A tenth level cleric would be nearly as bad as the wizard tho.
>>
>>51575885
Look I already said, it is not my fucking scenario
I'm not that guy
>>
>>51575863
>ywn be gangraped by level 16 Gestalt Mythic Orcs

Why even adventure?
>>
>>51575894
No, but you certainly are That Guy.
>>
File: you feel it too don't you.gif (2MB, 287x216px) Image search: [Google]
you feel it too don't you.gif
2MB, 287x216px
>>51575896
You feel it too, don't you?
>>
>>51575909
You wanna fucking fight boi
Those are fighting words
>>
>>51575896
I'm 150% sure that's how that harem game is going to end.
>>
File: wigl.jpg (165KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
wigl.jpg
165KB, 600x700px
So here's my idea for a new anime. Takes place in modern times. One day scientists are conducting experiments with the Large Hadron Collider. During the experiment they break down a barrier not meant to be broken.

Over the next couple of months people start realizing something's different about the world. People are becoming stronger, and exhibiting strange abilities. Newborns are starting to be born with longer ears, green skin, tails, or are just overall smaller. (ie all the fantasy races are starting to be born and introduced into society).

After a long time, people realize the real world is starting to take on fantasy aspects, more specifically, Pathfinder.

My story would be after everything has balanced out. Would star a Human Necromancer Male(Parents would be doctors and out of town a lot), a Bard Tiefling Female(I was thinking she would be a DJ on the weekends to make it more modern), and the last a Aasimar Female(not sure on the class. Leaning towards Cleric).

Naturally they are childhood friends who grew up together. And the setting would be them getting into high school. The series would follow the typical shenanigans of school life.

Anyways, just wanted to get that out while I was thinking about it. Call me a faggot if you want.
>>
>>51575917
Which harem game? Are they still taking apps? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>51575587
Death from above never gets fucking old. Fuck you.
>>
>>51575929

So, basically a more light-hearted Shadowrun?
>>
>>51575929
>So here's my idea for a new anime.
Consider suicide.
>>
>>51575945
That hot slave harem or whatever it was called, and no idea.
>>
>>51575963
Doesn't Shadow Run take place in the far far future? I was thinking more like now times.
>>
>>51575929
Would there be dragons and cybernetics involved? How about running in shadows?
>>
>>51575863
Yes, he could be a shitty GM, but he doesn't have to.
Just don't give them a tenth level anything. A tenth level Fighter with full WBL accompanied by some that can reliably use wands of CLW would wade in the army, kill a few hundreds, wade out before falling to low, get healed and do the same thing again the next day. By he end of the the third day the army has been decimated, by the end of the first week it's only the high levels and the followers.

If you involve a tenth level PC, the army needs it's own 8th or 9th level guy to stop him, just so it's a threat.
>>
>>51575978
Current year in Shadowrun 5e is 2075.
>>
>>51575994
Hmm, I suppose monsters could start being born as well. If it works for humans, why not animals?

As far as cybernetics, maybe since it's modern times, Technomancy can become a thing?
>>
>>51575929
You're a faggot.
>>
>>51575978

Actually, 1st Edition was set a little over thirty years from now.
>>
>>51576013
>>51576003
That's too far.
>>
>>51575809
If an army in a fantasy setting doesn't prepare for a fucking strafing run, they deserve to get wiped off the map.
>>
>>51576046
How do you stop it anyway
>>
Please stop fighting. I found a thing on gitp: Psionics Augmented: Psicrystals (Playtest Doc)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14xiRRju0zPb62Q2Q3Jqpqr8tosELq8I5kJcFm5YilLo/edit
>>
So, any other homebrew classes in search of feedback? I'll be here for another two or three hours.
>>
>>51576097
Have some soldiers/units capable of flight and invisible detection patrol above/ahead of the army.

Resist energy.

Archers.

Force Sphere

Buckets of water.

I mean, it's gonna hurt. There's a reason this shit was effective IRL.
>>
>>51576097
Here? Travel in smaller groups and assemble at the destination, for starters. Use loads and loads of tree cover and shit, and always keep your sharpest eyes looking for shenanigans. If shenanigans are spotted, just start fucking laying down loads of arrows and shit and hope for the best. If it's the wizard himself, your warband is probably fucked, but the other dozens of bands are still moving on the town in the mean time, so your death helps a little bit.
>>
>>51576130
FUCK

WHATS A NIGGA GOTTA DO FOR PSI CONTENT THAT ISN"T RELATED TO THOSE DUMB FUCKING ROCKS.
>>
>>51576178
Be a Wilder.
>>
>>51576186
?

Didn't Wilder already get a new PRC in one of the other books?

Is another Wilder book coming out?
>>
File: PZO9290-Zyphus.jpg (250KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
PZO9290-Zyphus.jpg
250KB, 1200x800px
>>51573749
You'll wind up in the friendzone.
>>
>>51576178
Talk with your GM and refluff them into a cooler item.
>>
>>51576097
Antimagic Fields.
>>
>>51576215
Nah, not if I avoid being a total bitch like Zyphus, which isn't too hard. He's one mopey fucker. No, I think if I can throw an ostentatious enough feast/necrophilia/depraved sex party, she'll have to pay it a visit, and that's when I make my move.
>>
>>51576232
They're still stupid fucking walking talking, flying things. Psionics shouldn't have familiar equivalents, period. And I'm prefectly fine taking the weaker Psibody->Deep Focus line even if it's more feat and level intensive than Psi Cristal affinity with NONE of the upsides. Just because I like the fluff more.

Seriously though, Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?
>>
>>51576046
I think the usual logic goes "a nation with 800 000 soldiers and a population of 20 000 000 has about 40 level 10+ entities
>>
>>51575929
Could be alright, get to it!

>>51575978
>>51576013
>>51576027
>2011
>January 13: The first baby is born with the condition that will later be described as Unexplained Genetic Expression.
>December 24: The Awakening.
>The great eastern dragon Ryumyo appears on Mount Fuji.
>Under the cover of a fierce storm, Daniel Coleman leads a walk-out of the Abilene detainment camp. Guards attempt to stop him, but their bullets bounce off a glowing field. Coleman leads his people into the storm, leaving no trace.
>December 26: Ley lines and standing stones re-emerge all over Britain. The Great Welsh Dragon Celedyr is sighted over Caerleon.

>2012
>January 27: The great western dragon Dunkelzahn makes his first appearance at Cherry Creek Lake in Denver. He grants a 12-hour interview with Holly Brighton, during which he explains The Awakening.

>2014
>June 10: Daniel Coleman, now calling himself Daniel Howling Coyote, returns to the public eye and announces the formation of the Native American Nations. He demands that everyone of European, African, or Asian descent leave North America immediately.
>July 12: The Redondo volcano erupts, burying Los Alamos and the Los Alamos National Laboratory under volcanic ash. Daniel Howling Coyote claims responsibility for calling upon Mother Earth to cause the disaster. Federal troops are sent to apprehend Howling Coyote, but tornadoes delay their arrival until Howling Coyote has left the area. The Ghost Dance War begins.

>2021
>April 30: Without warning, ten percent of the world's population suddenly mutates. The process then occurs in in utero children. The media calls this transformation "Goblinization."

And so on and so forth, so yea.
>>
>>51573729
>Spheres of Might
What is this shit? Another PoW that adds refluffed "martial" casters?
>>
File: B2QrFnJCAAAuyyj.jpg (86KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
B2QrFnJCAAAuyyj.jpg
86KB, 600x900px
Posting from mobile now so I apologize in advance for spelling errors.

>>51575783
>Rubbing Paper needs some clarifications: can the hunter stockpile Rubbing Paper? He can more everyday, but it doesn't say they lose potency after some time, only after applied.
They don't lose potency. I may add a line later to prevent a hunter from stock piling hundreds.

I didn't give consideration to how it takes to prepare their daily uses. I'd probably say 10 minutes.

They can be handed out to allies who can apply them as a standard action themselves.

Thank you for the correction on Charred Hunter. They do gain the normal benefit from their badges, just not the additional weapon tricks.

The Church Hunter was originally Holy Blade, it seems that I missed some pieces when renaming it. In the campaign I plan to run there will probably be events that can force a player to accept insight, but otherwise that text is just there for flavor.

For vileblood, yes they get a boost to their normal damage at the cost of some unavoidable damage at the end lf their turn. I actually like where vileblood ended up balance wise, because scarlet harvest gives them any easy way to restore their blood pool that other resource pool classes lack. If you have suggestions of abilities you'd like to see I'm more than happy to hear them!
>>
>>51575444
By the time they get to cast clean air, they would have already lost some troops due to the first round of the spell taking effect (since the invisible wizard that dropped the cloudkill gets a surprise round) and all lvl 1 orcs are dead and now the clerics need to save AND make a concentration check.

>>51575543
Doesn't work that way. Either you have enough wind strength to disperse the cloud completely or you aren't affecting it at all.
>>
>>51576260
The whole Avistan is barely going to break 2 million people
You are gonna find nations with that many people
>>
>>51576335
Imperial China regularly broken 30 million iirc
And Persia had like 33 million in 500 BC or some other retarded shit
>>
File: SHFTNWTatankaCA.jpg (244KB, 955x1035px) Image search: [Google]
SHFTNWTatankaCA.jpg
244KB, 955x1035px
How do you create MAXIMUM WAIFU, /pfg/?
I'm talking the ideal class, race, role, background, and personality combo to be something irresistible to any PC with a pulse.
>>
>>51576354
Even Absalom has only 300k people in it
Small "Big cities" like Korvosa has less than 30k people
Varisia has probably less than 100k in total
>>
>>51575978
Just make it vague what the year is and keep the tech and culture the same unless otherwise noted. Make it a slight alternate history if you have to.

Like that one animu with the frog girl--some triggering event created a new paradigm and led to superheroes becoming a part of daily life, but otherwise things are normal.
>>
Did RotJR meme team run last night or is that tonight?
>>
>>51576373
>not homebrewing your setting

>>51576362
You use the PC's actual irl waifu so if they're a Saberfag you basically stuff Saber into the game
>>
>>51576130
This has already been released as a pdf and on sale.
And it's really shoddily done.

QANON compiled a seven page document of errors and issues with it and sent it to DSP
>>
>>51576130
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/14xiRRju0zPb62Q2Q3Jqpqr8tosELq8I5kJcFm5YilLo/edit
Psycristal Weapon is cool, Psicristal Swarm is really cool, and turning your psicristal into a bear is priceless.
Needs a feat or power or even spell to turn your cristallized creature back into a cristal for a few hours so you can sneak it with you into social places. Maybe one to turn it into an actual animal for meeting druids and other people who would be okay with a dog in their house but not with a cristal construct.
>>
>>51576373
In Varisia's case, I think it's a case of being spread out real far with mostly smaller towns apart from Korvosa, Kaer Maga, and Magnimar.

On the other hand, I'm willing to bet that it's also a matter of the writers just not having any sense of scale--they just pick a number that "sounds big"
>>
>>51576394
Greentext >>51569938
>>
>>51576394
Last night. It was mostly roleplay.
>>
>>51576394
It ran last night and we got greentexts!

Meme team greentext:
>>51569938

Also, greentexts from the friday team:
>>51570089
>>51570392
>>
>>51576388
Not a bad idea.
>>
>>51576239
Yeah... That sixth level spell that only covers a 10 feet radius is gonna help a lot. If you have a twelve level caster in your army he can just destoy their wizard and all their warriors and their whole village. You don't actually need the army.
>>
>>51576464
I mean amulets of the thing
Look faggot I don't know, I feel like the general assumption is that people above level 6 are so rare they may as well not exist
>>
>>51576362
Waifu's aren't born anon, they're made. If you build your PC and tell the group that your pc is a "waifu" then everything you do will look like you're calling attention to yourself and forcing people to endear themselves to you.

Basically if you describe your character as doing something cutely then everyone is just going to roll their eyes. Meanwhile if you describe what your character is doing in such a way that it may appear 'cute' rather than word for word describing it as "cute" then people may find themselves drawn to said character.

Sort of reminds me of that half educated chelaxian thug that we had in our group. Lady was built as a generic falchion fighter and everyone or at least my Wizard occasionally found her behavior endearing (when she isnt spending her down time stoned or looking for the next fix).
>>
>>51576418
Thanks anon.
>>
File: BaitDontCare.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
BaitDontCare.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>51576283
>martials cannot have expendable resources to do cool shit
>anything cool or effective beyond "hit dude" can't be for martials since casters do it, because it would "make them refluffed casters"
>>
File: 1462465887486.png (738KB, 1002x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1462465887486.png
738KB, 1002x1043px
>>51576572
Martials who can do cool shit should probably be able to do it all the time. At most it should just be a time-consuming ult or something that has some form of cooldown / high risk if you fail.
>>
>>51576598
>Time consuming technique that has a high risk when using it, maybe leaving you vulnerable while you're preparing or while you're concentrating on maintaining it

>Not a caster
>>
>>51576572
The hell you expect, that someone is going to remake Pathfinder into M&M for you?
>>
File: 1476314273074.png (97KB, 339x347px) Image search: [Google]
1476314273074.png
97KB, 339x347px
>>51576618
Not if it's tied to their weapon, there's no such thing as a caster who can only cast a spell if she's using a sword
>>
>>51576632
brother
>>
File: 1459195990843.jpg (364KB, 1280x1703px) Image search: [Google]
1459195990843.jpg
364KB, 1280x1703px
>>51576632
Spheres of Power has an option for that.

Fuck, it has several options for that.
>>
>>51576618
No I mean high risk as in, you throw a spear, you miss, the spear takes a round to come back to you.
>>
>>51576572
But you can't argue that whenever there is a special thingy for martials, crunchwise it is implemented like spell system. PoW classes are basically hybrid between spontaneous/prepared casters, for example, limited by "per encounter" powers sometimes.
>>
File: Anime Girl Shrugs.jpg (17KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
Anime Girl Shrugs.jpg
17KB, 350x277px
>>51576627
I expect there to be an acceptable middleground in between "core fighter" and "a fucking wizard" within which martials can be reasonably effective outside of combat and outside of "stand still and full attack" without relying on UMD and skimming 20 different splats to utility belt your WBL christmas tree so hard you're more of a wizard than an actual wizard.

>>51576632
>what is a vancian caster with Arcane Bond: Sword
>what is a spherecaster with Focus Casting: Sword
>>
>>51576695
>crunchwise it is implemented like spell system
Accept maneuvers are nothing like spells aside from you need to mention which ones you bring into a fight.

Literally, any mechanic more complex than "I roll attack" at someone is going to be like motherfucking spellcasting to you troglodytes.
>>
File: 1459411289691.png (304KB, 991x716px) Image search: [Google]
1459411289691.png
304KB, 991x716px
>>51576698
>anime girl
That's Ako from KissxSis
Piss worst girl
>>
>>51576698
Well someone needs to figure out what exactly fighters should not get instead of what they should get
wizards dont get full bab and big hit dice for whatever that is worth
nobody can fucking agree WHAT THEY ARE WORTH
>>
>>51576727
I think logically the whole contrast of fighters vs. wizards is the ln(x) vs. e^x. Wizards just get better and better and this is logical.
>>
>>51576695
Is Unchained's Stamina system a "spell system" to you? Because that was one of the coolest things paizo did for martials that they will NEVER EVER expand on because they probably think everything from Unchained except the classes from it were a mistake.

>>51576755
Linear vs quadratic is a retarded meme and "muh logic" makes about as much sense when discussing fantasy heroes as it does when discussing the rationale of politicians.
>>
>>51576772
VMC
Fractional Saves/BAB
Background Skills
UC Monk and UC Rogue
Anything else?
>>
File: 1465408878591.jpg (111KB, 560x740px) Image search: [Google]
1465408878591.jpg
111KB, 560x740px
>>51576772
>retarded meme
Yeah I don't like it either, that's why I went for the log function vs. the exponential function.

>fantasy heroes
Yeah but like
Look if you want a fighter to match up to a wizard who can kill people by looking at them funny or stop time, you kind of need the fighter in question to basically be a wizard with a sword.
>>
>>51576710
>nothing like spells
How so? They do progress in similar way, influence your action economy in same way. And maybe they are narrower in utility, but in combat aren't restricted by damage type or by form of delivery. I mean, there are classes who mind control to some degree, blast with elemental energies and etc.
>>
>>51576476
>I feel like the general assumption is that people above level 6 are so rare they may as well not exist
It should be. Or settings have to be rethinked on how cities are made, on how wars are thought, on how nations are controlled, on how spionage and commerce are affected and a dozen more things.

If any bumfuck village can get a tenth level wizard, and an army can just have a bunch of casters, then war would be really different. If counterspelling was a lot easier, like an immediate action and a low level aster having at least a chance of dispelling a high level caster spell, or at least creating areas of protection, then you could have normal medieval armies fighting while caster go back and forth in the back lines and the warriors could still make a difference.
With dispelling as is, an assumption of somewhat common high levels leads to a war were fighting between warriors is just chaff until the big guys can meet and fight, and winning wars is entirely based on the high level guys. Like in the original scenario, a single level ten wizard can make a mockery of an orc army, unless it also has a high level guy to fight him and whoever wins, wins the village, the army and the defenses are just background noise.

This isn't even purely a caster thing, but a level thing. A tenth level fighter or barbarian is basically a walking tank column. Not a tank. A column of them. A single tenth level rogue has enough sneak attack to auto kill a sleeping fifth level guy, but not enough to kill another tenth level guy. Even if you don't think a tenth level fighter can survive the sheer numbers of a horde, he can still wreck baggage trains and supply lines and do some truly destructive hit and runs.
A tenth level bard can turn the tide of battle just by keeping Inspire Courage up in a choke point.
>>
>>51576816
>, but in combat aren't restricted by damage type or by form of delivery. I mean, there are classes who mind control to some degree, blast with elemental energies and etc.
Yes they are. Most maneuvers require a weapon. The ones that don't are all Supernatural shit.
>>
>>51576805
>in a world where everything is magic, everyone has magic of some sort
>somehow this is badwrongfun and people will scream about "wuxiashit" and "animeshit"

I will never understand the obsession with "but muh mundane fighting man" when playing D&D. Even the most mundane of fightermandudes are covered in magic by virtue of using weapons and armor in the system.
>>
With Advanced Weapon/Armor Training are Fighters finally okay or are they still unplayable trash?
>>
>>51576843
They finally make it up to borderline acceptable.

I still wouldn't call them good.
>>
>>51576772
No, I actually enjoy the stamina system and knacks it offers.
I do believe martials should work with this concept more - a lot of little utility things, small conveniences that can turn the table if used right.
I never was mad because of "stick swing vs. reality bending".
>>
>>51576839
>Unarmed strikes are now all supernatural
>Rolling intimidation to demoralise by speaking is now supernatural
>>
>>51576841
But if your fighter is doing long ranged teleportation and plane hopping(Shit I think NO ONE should have acess to by default anyone) like most faggots minge and demand, they basically are Wizards with non of the few downsides.
>>
File: 1485678471780.jpg (178KB, 736x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1485678471780.jpg
178KB, 736x1036px
>>51576823
Really the biggest problem is that any setting where the gap between high and low is wide as it is in ttrpg settings, literally everyone but the guys on top are rendered fucking redundant. Hell if you let people at level 10+ exist they could literally magic up - or down - entire sections of castle wall in seconds, complete with a bunch of skeletons to man the wall or charge the breach.

>>51576841
Well yeah I'm just noting that they're basically anime characters. Hell medium level fighters can basically bifucate handfuls of people every swing with Cleave.
>>
>>51576882
Unarmed Strikes are considered weapons in the system, stop being pedantic.
>Demoralize
Still a minority.
>>
>>51576889
What's wrong with Greater Teleport? Isn't it a tier 7 or something spell anyway?
>>
>>51576902
>Asking to stop being pedantic in one line and completely glossing over the conclusive evidence against your point in the next
>>
>>51576920
>Implying it does
That applies to Golden Lion and maybe thrashing dragon(dodge rolls and a stern look) Hardly the perview of mages, though I guess to the normal default martial(who are fucking retarded) a dodge roll would seem magical..

The Intimidate checks are Black Seraph, which is supernatural.
>>
>>51576418
>TFW val casts sleep on an innocent silk merchant during the fight to Kurwa-block her.
>>
>>51576894
That made me think about Golarion.
20 lvl entities are not really that uncommon, if we are to include those population numbers from above. Take all those official background characters, not even high level monsters, and there will be enough even living in the same time frame.
How does this world even exist.
>>
>>51576889
>like most faggots minge and demand

I don't see anyone demanding that a generic fightan man martial be able to use either of those things, just that he should be able to scale up in ways beyond "hit dude hard".
>>
>>51577003
Other threads. Especially when they complain they don't have enough "out of combat versatility" that's eventually what they mean.
>>
>>51576988
One of the more hamfisted solutions is that while there might be a lot of level 10+, or even level 20s, there's only one level 60.
>>
>>51577018
Are you talking on other sites? Because every time I see shit discussed people say that not even casters should have most of that stuff by default.
>>
>>51577075
I don't get why
What exactly is the problem with teleportatoin? Planeshifting, okay, I can see why anything below near-epic wouldn't work. But what exactly is the problem with teleportation?
>>
Homebrew idea: Guns do 256d8 damage
>>
>>51577114
The problem is that you can't easily get iteratives with a gun. Bows are still better.
>>
>>51576894
The trick is to
a)Have them be rare and legendary. Twenty level people should be something you could count in your hands, literal movers and shakers. A tenth level thief shuldn't be part of a guild, he should be a guild leader for one of the greatest guilds in the world. This is why I hate NPC books like the one Paizo did, where you have random tenth level brigands living in the woods and being random encounters instead of being Robin Hood and leading a bandit kimgdom that includes all the forest in a kingdom.
b)Have them congregate in an area. Villagetown of poor fuckstania doesn have a tenth level wizard, because a fourth level wizard eventually goes to the capital to learn more, and eventually goes to an extraplanar djinn kingdom. A thief starts on the road, moves to the big city and evntually goes after dragon hoards becuase anything less is a waste of time.
c)Not have them care about mundane stuff. A tenth level wizard won't care about a war unless it affects him. If he cares, he can't enter, because if he does other people of his level will wonder a Name and Power is doing this and will start meddling too.

But writing a setting like this is too much work, requires too much understanding of geography, history, military tactics, and the imagination of it all would change with high magic and superheroes and Gods existing. So writers just make fantasy land #237 and give you dozens of high level NPCs in every adventure.

I wish they had at least made so NPC classes only went to sixth level, because there's no challenge that can give thousands of xp without being something so challenging that it takes a PC class to do it. And enough training to do it would take centuries.
>>
>>51577114
0/10 apply yourself
>>
>>51577163
Damn, I thought for sure I finally had a contender
>>
>>51577114
cant roll that many dice
you just overflow your stack
>>
>>51577163
That's like 1152 damage.

You don't need iteratives anymore.
>>
>>51577184

Bows are still better
>>
File: Mabi Moongate.png (149KB, 300x343px) Image search: [Google]
Mabi Moongate.png
149KB, 300x343px
>>51577087
This is just me, but teleporting great distances should probably require a bit more than verbal components and a spell slot after a certain point. Like, you want to warp from country to country or continent to continent? You need to assemble a fucking Magic Array of some description, which takes time.

Ditto for planeshifting. Gotta craft a goddamn gate to go to other plains, but if you're in an emergency you can nope back to your home plain by banishing your party.
>>
>>51577189
At 1k damage, you're one hit killing anything you hit. "Better" no longer matters outside of dick waving.
>>
>>51577184

Achtually as you can see from this fancy chart I just whipped up a pounce barbarian cleric bowadin will still do 1155 damage at lvl 12, which outperforms that output. Compare that to a monk zenarcher who does similar dpr
>>
>>51577207
>>51577213
Then it just turns into DBZ.

"I do 1k-ish damage!"

"Congrats. You did one Raditz worth of damage. Nappa here can take 10 Raditz worth of damage, while I'm worth 15."
>>
Thinking about trying a wilder in my next game. I'd be the only dedicated caster in my party, and I know they don't get many powers known. Anything I should really focus on?
>>
>>51577250
Napa was worth three raditz
>>
>>51577250
B-but I only optimized to do 1 Yamcha!
>>
>>51577282
How to we optimize being Yamcha?

How do we make a character that can die like a bitch the fastest?
>>
>>51577201
I personally think that if you set up an array it just shouldn't need a spell slot
I mean the thing about teleporting people seem to misunderstan is that it's not "moving", it's "placing". It's a change of a position with zero velocity, you quite literally just change your physical coodinates. A change of <0, 0, 0> to <1, 4, 0> is no less difficult than a change of <0, 0, 0> to <41515, 357133, 0>.
>>
>>51577282
I don't know what a Yamcha is, but it sounds disappointing...

>>51577275
Pretty sure he was 9 Raditzi, since Krillian took out 7 Seibahmen.
>>
>>51577301
In my games, teleportation spells have a 95% chance to kill the user, since you can't tell what's there when you teleport to a location so you almost always end up teleporting inside a solid object and killing yourself like the faggot cock sucker you are fuckfaced weeaboo trash ass licker I hope you get AIDS.
>>
File: 1467218219409.png (126KB, 298x418px) Image search: [Google]
1467218219409.png
126KB, 298x418px
>>51577334
If you wanted to be a huge asshole, you could just make them explode no matter where the land because guess what they just absorbed 1atm of air and their blood is full of pressurized air bubbles
>>
File: Whatthefuck.gif (1MB, 446x270px) Image search: [Google]
Whatthefuck.gif
1MB, 446x270px
>>51577334
Well, aren't you just a barrel of laughs?
>>
>>51577299
Kineticst/Chained Monk
>>
>>51577334
>since you can't tell what's there
Do you not know how to scry
>>
>>51577301
>no less difficult than...

Except it shouldn't be the same amount of effort. Greater distances and increased mass SHOULD require more effort. A magus casting Dimension Door to blink to a place he can see with his eyes should be far less effort than the wizard yawning and teleporting a dinner party's worth of people to the castle of the neighboring kingdom.
>>
>>51577362
That's good. I usually just settle for pollen, small animals or other people.

>>51577381
Scrying raises the failure rate of teleportation to 100%.
>>
>>51577401
Dimension Door is a completely different spell though, and it IS less effort than casting Greater Teleport, on a bunch of people no less.
>>
>>51577252
What are the other players? If you have a bard your needs are differently than if you have a ranger.
>>
>>51577401
And why should a greater distance require more effort? I can buy increased mass since you have to change the positions of more shit, but how does rewriting your physical coodinates require more effort just because the numbers changed more? The entire point of teleportation is that you're not literally moving anywhere, you're not pushing a chess piece along a board, you're literally just picking it up and moving it somewhere else.
>>
>>51577334
Wouldn't that just lead to specific teleport areas which are always clear for people to teleport to?
>>
File: 1415434076415.jpg (138KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1415434076415.jpg
138KB, 1680x1050px
>>51577334
>>
File: ch12_02.jpg (321KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ch12_02.jpg
321KB, 600x900px
>>51576823
>then war would be really different
I do like fantasy settings that follow through on the magic they set up.
>>
File: Valeriya.Deverin.jpg (87KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Valeriya.Deverin.jpg
87KB, 1280x1024px
>>51576975
That's not going to happen, anon. Valeriya tries to only use magic while in her alter ego, or where it wouldn't be spotted. She's not going to risk blowing her cover in the middle of a goblin raid just to stop her friend from getting lucky.

>>51576418
>Seht wanders off, and gets scammed into buying a carved bear tooth.
I guess my intended meaning didn't come off as I wanted here. Valeriya simply meant that the shopkeeper had a tendency to try to fleece newcomers to town, but the price of 1 sp was pretty reasonable (hence her revisiting the matter while chatting with Casimir). Furthermore, she definitely sees Seht's point about it being a worthwhile purchase for him and finds that kind of attitude both admirable and quite noble.
>>
>>51577334
Use WHFRPG 2nd charts regarding spell failures, far more fun.
>>
>>51576823
>>51577562

See the tippyverse:

Civilization consists of fukehueg metropolises guarded 24/7 by warforged and invisible deathgolems linked by teleportation circles and fed by automatically resetting traps of create and food and water
>>
File: spider paladin.png (536KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
spider paladin.png
536KB, 800x1000px
Do we have a google docs full of /pfg/ custom made NPCs that can be used in campaigns?

If not would anyone be interested in that kind of thing?
>>
>>51577613
I'd prefer if you didn't use google docs and used something else desu
>>
>>51577613
that'd be neat
>>
>>51577613
Oh, yeah! That sounds fun.
>>
>>51577635
What do you recommend?

I really only know GDocs and like OneNote.
>>
If I'm playing a ranged Eldritch Guardian and want my familiar to be joining in, should I be taking Improved Familiar? Out of the regular familiars only the monkey and maybe the wallaby could even theoretically use a ranged weapon, and their stats are kind of shit.
>>
>>51577424
They're both teleportation effects with no monetary cost and only verbal components, is the main point.

>>51577444
>not moving anywhere
>teleporting from point A to B
>pushing a chess piece vs literally picking it up

Except you are moving something somewhere, just with a different method than physically lifting it? Granted, my assumptions about magic in a fictional fantasy universe are probably vastly different than yours, but I'm under the impression that displacing an object via magic from one place to another counts as "moving it", even if it is via magical means and faster. I'm not looking at it as though it was someone going into the command console of a videogame and typing "/goto x y z coordinates", it's more along the lines of "alright, I know these coodrinates are x miles away, let me tune the power input".
>>
>>51577667
A simple pastebin would be fine for that sort of thing.
>>
>>51577672
>Granted, my assumptions about magic in a fictional fantasy universe are probably vastly different than yours, but I'm under the impression that displacing an object via magic from one place to another counts as "moving it", even if it is via magical means and faster
No it's literally /goto. You're not moving 'faster', you're moving 'instantaneously'. It's an instantaneous change of coodinates, you move at what amounts to infinite velocity and phase through all obstacles, all you have to specify is how far and what direction.
>>
So I'm in a situation where I have to hold out against a swarm of enemies until enough time passes that a teleport device recharges and I can escape and regroup with my party who already warped away. Someone had to be left behind to activate it from a distance.

So from a "third party" I have gained the servitude of a CR 4 monster or NPC because of the apparent "hopeless" situation I got myself into. The rest of my party thinks I'm a Rogue so I could stay out of sight, but I'm a Wizard on the down low with a Skeletal Minion familiar.

I don't know what to pick for my backup, any suggestions?
>>
>>51577667
This >>51577685 honestly, just use -------, #####, $$$$$$, >>[names]<< etc. liberally if you need formatting.
>>
>>51577600
I've recently came across the World of Prime books, which is literally if someone were tossed in an RPG.
It literally has a substance you can harvest from corpses that increases your rank. The higher your rank, the more damage you can take, the better your fighting skill and the more magic you can cast.
War is literally using conscripts against each other to find the guys who are slaughtering cannon fodder and then ranked guys can fight each other. The one who survives kills the others army just to harvest xp.
>>
File: hataraku_maou_sama Realization.jpg (44KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
hataraku_maou_sama Realization.jpg
44KB, 640x360px
>>51577695
And I'm saying my assumptions on how magic works are clearly different, because while a command console /goto and a "teleport" serve similar functions, there's still clear differences when I think of the two. A /goto is just rewriting shit like it's a computer and not actually "moving" anything. A teleport is straight up displacing something from point A to B. Being able to blink 30 feet is far less impressive than teleporting to the other side of the planet, because you're displacing the mass across a greater distance. Even if you're transporting it instantly, it's still displaced from one position to another.

This, again, is just how I usually view magic, and assumes the magic is not in fact just an Elder Scrolls-verse command console. Which is probably why I'm going to sound retarded, because that's likely what pathfinder magic might as well be.
>>
>>51576975

>Implying Val won't be wingwoman to her friend
>>
So since people were talking about populations without any concrete numbers, and since I apparently had nothing better to do.
Source: Inner Sea World Guide, lists of "Notable Settlements" from the following regions: Absalom, Andoran, Belkzen, Brevoy, Cheliax, The Darklands, Druma, Five Kings Mountain, Galt, Geb, Irrisen, Isger, Jalmeray, Katapesh, Kyonin, Lastwall, Land of the Linnorm Kings, Realm of the Mammoth Lords, Mana Wastes, Mediogalti Island, Mendev, Molthune, Mwangi Expanse, Nex, Nidal, Nirmathas, Numeria, Osirion, Qadira, Rahadoum, Razmiran, River Kingdoms, Sargava, The Shackles, The Sodden Lands, The Steaming Sea, Taldor, Thuvia, Ustalav, Varisia
Total Population: 4,299,420
>>
>>51577864
>A /goto is just rewriting shit like it's a computer and not actually "moving" anything
But anon that's literally how a teleportation spell works in any context. a teleportation spell does not move anything. A teleportation spell does not apply force to anything. A teleportation spell simply changes the position of an object.

>Being able to blink 30 feet is far less impressive than teleporting to the other side of the planet, because you're displacing the mass across a greater distance
Right but like even from a physical point of view, you're neither doing more work nor applying more force, because it happens instantly. That's the thing. I mean it doesn't make much sense because "zero" and "infinity" can be really fucked concepts when it comes to physics and physically you shouldn't be able to move anywhere within zero time, but under a [Teleport] spell you do anyway

>might as well be
I mean I dunno about [Teleport], but Power Word: Kill
>>
>>51577897
LeEuropeanFaec.png
LeLaughingChineseWhores.png
LeLaughingShahs.png
>>
>>51577897

That is really, really dumb. A lush land like Avistan should have a population in the tens of millions.
>>
File: 1470799772736.gif (278KB, 300x440px) Image search: [Google]
1470799772736.gif
278KB, 300x440px
The dungeon awaits!
https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1985623/pathfinder-adventure-path-shattered-star
>>
>>51577334
>find radius of error
>Teleport that far into the sky directly above target
>Use a wand of feather fall afterward
Get fucked
>>
>>51577948
Not Authorized
>>
>>51577948
>not authorized
>>
File: Hey Kid.png (472KB, 1530x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Hey Kid.png
472KB, 1530x2200px
>>51577948
The Dungeon might await but I guess I'm not Authorized to open the Giant Stone Door
>>
>>51577933
Yup. And keep in mind that this is also underground and counts things like all of the zombies in Geb. To be fair, this is just large settlements, and it doesn't count all of the little villages with 50 people in them, which would likely be where the majority of people live. It's still really low.

>>51577920
I was planning on doing Dragon Empires Gazetteer next.
>>
>>51578003
Why would you post this?
>>
>>51578029
Made a mistake selecting a sad face
>>
File: 1470556997295.gif (656KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1470556997295.gif
656KB, 500x475px
>>51577969
>>51577978
>>51578003
Damn it. I should sleep more.
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/68369/pathfinder-adventure-path-shattered-star
>>
>>51578029
You got something against Tomo?
>>
>>51578056
Keep anime pedobait out of these threads.
>>
>>51577907
I honestly don't even know where either of us are trying to go with this. My original thing was mostly that I thought the idea of being able to teleport long distances without some sort of Magic Array/Structure was moronic, as well as the concept of 2k miles requiring the same expenditure of nebulous "magic power" as 10 feet to be equally moronic. Magic as a command console is boring and unfun.
>>
File: 1457908758989.jpg (86KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1457908758989.jpg
86KB, 1000x1000px
>>51578080
Anon look at the fucking OP and the one before that then say that again
>>
>>51578080
>pedobait
I see you don't understand the greatness of tomboys
>>
>>51577775
Google Docs would allow you to post pictures of your characters though. I donno, it's a toss up.
>>
>>51578101
Just post an imgur or puush link desu
>>
>>51578093
>I literally can't tell the ages of anime characters
Bravo anon.
>>
>>51578101
It'd also be sortable.
>>
So, who's getting into Fluffy other than the trap?
>>
File: 1475301931048.gif (2MB, 292x331px) Image search: [Google]
1475301931048.gif
2MB, 292x331px
>>51578111
So basically you're autistic
It's not even 'weebs' is it
>>
>>51578135
It was canceled.
>>
>>51577425

Brawler, swashbuckler, and an undecided stealth class. Fourth player's still deciding.
>>
>four days since the assassin game GM has commented

Annnnnnd so much for that game.
>>
>>51578050
This time is pretty good for me, so I may apply. Someone else has beaten me to 'monster-raised witch' though, RIP.
>>
>>51576843

They're all right but still almost always worse than paladins, slayers, vigilantes, or barbarians in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing.
>>
>>51578192
>/pfg/ dm flakes out at the last second

What a surprise
>>
File: 1470731134857.gif (81KB, 300x501px) Image search: [Google]
1470731134857.gif
81KB, 300x501px
>>51578209
You can still apply that character concept, in fact you can apply as many characters as you wish.
>>
>>51578003

Where's this from? That one girl is super cute!
>>
>>51578373
Tomochan
>>
>>51578408
>tfw they really didn't make it yuri
>>
File: 1463807391788.png (46KB, 432x368px) Image search: [Google]
1463807391788.png
46KB, 432x368px
>>51578373
>That one girl is super cute!
You mean Tomo right
>>
>>51578422
>implying implications
Have you seen the latest one
>>>/a/153070395
>>
>>51578003
>tfw you will never be that kid
>>
>>51578450
Yes, that isn't /u/.
>>
>>51578507
Jun is such a tremendous faggot though
>>
>>51578438

Yes! Her!

Short hair on spunky girls with nice figures is my thing!
>>
>>51578627
Tomo is a girl!
>>
>>51578665
A smoking hot tomboy girl
>>
>>51578665

That's what I said, anon! She's a girl, a perky energetic girl!
>>
>>51578050
>mfw that changeling app that had a female gnoll lover
>mfw I have no face for this shit
The fuck is wrong with some people
>>
>>51578175
Noone to buff or debuff, or do control...
The stealth guy or the swash can work a bow?
Do battlefield cotrol and convince the third guy into something divine for heals and buffs, if you can.
I suggest Entangling Debris, follwed by either Ectoplasmic Sheen (Grease) or Foxhole (Create Pit). For second level Inflict Pain, for third Dispel Psionics if transaparency is on and you can use as Dispel Magic, or Psionic blast of Qusthelin if not. See if you have some free feats for the one that gives you an exra power known.
>>
>>51578836
>https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/68369/pathfinder-adventure-path-shattered-star

I can't even begin to understand what some people see in Gnolls.
>>
>>51578941

>I can't
>I cannot
>I can knot
>>
File: 15f3454971f2988cc461b4a233b295c3.png (545KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
15f3454971f2988cc461b4a233b295c3.png
545KB, 1024x768px
What are some good excuses to attack with spiked armor? I didn't realize you could make attacks with it, I just figured it was something you did in a grapple.

I want to shoulder charge someone with a big spiked pauldron.
>>
>>51578964
why do you need an excuse to attack someone with a weapon, beyond being in combat with them?
>>
>>51578954

Gnolls don't even have knots, anon. They have pseudopenises.

If she had the good sense of saying she dated a lycanthrope than *maybe* I'd understand.
>>
>>51578993
I mean attacking them with it instead of swinging your probably magical sword at them.
>>
>>51579065
get disarmed somehow
>>
>>51578964
Having a reach weapon. Whack them from afar with a glaive and if they walk into close quarters shoulder check them with your spiked pauldrons.
>>
>>51577613
Actually, that sounds like a great idea to have! It'd certainly be handy to take inspiration from alongside the normal NPC Codexes.

Should there be a theme to them, a level-range, or just covering anything?
>>
>>51579101
>if they walk into close quarters
>letting them in
Weakling detected
>>
>>51579065
>>51578964
You've got a reach weapon and they got too close to you.
You're a heavy-armor gauntlet-and-spikes shocktrooper (probably a dwarf or an orc) that has the Advanced Armor Training allowing you to headbutt people, so you can fling yourself into melee and start bashing heads with nothing but armor.

>>51579152
5-foot steps are assholes!
>>
>>51579065
Using the spike as a main weapon?Some time ago there was a thing about using armor spikes as the second weapon when TWF while two handing another weapon, so your attack was a mising of hitting them with the weapon and body slamming into them.
But then Paizo made some nonsense FAQ about virtual handedness just to stop this. If you got a cool DM that doesn't see damage as game breakingm try it. It's fun.
>>
>>51579152
I can kind of see the appeal of it.
>They step in
>Provoke an attack from your spear
>They think they're safe next to you
>They're wrong.
>>
>>51579189

Ah, yes, the old "hands of effort" chestnut.

I did kind of appreciate that SoM seems to be thumbing its nose at that since Open Hand, despite its name, lets you TWF with a two-handed weapon and your unarmed strikes, like basically every monk with a quarterstaff wants to.
>>
>>51577613
Are we gonna get a link posted? If not, can we at least get a greentext of the concepts?
>>
>>51578941
Isnt that also a Slayer with 10 con?
>>
>>51579422
One of the characters is a character from Undertale

I swear these pfg apps just get worse and worse
>>
>>51579521
You can't prove that ain't a roll20 random.
>>
Is a 2d12 damage ranged weapon that takes a standard action to reload too powerful at low levels?
>>
>>51579567
What kind of proficiency? Because they'd probably just not reload it, and switch to a different weapon for round two.
>>
>>51579542
What does your heart tell you anon?
>>
>>51579567
>standard action to reload
That means it's really a 1d12 weapon.

>>51579592
Possible but requires combat to last as many rounds as you have weapons, or less.
>>
>>51579608
As low as my opinion of you fucks is, I don't think you guys are THAT bad.
>>
>>51579613
no it doesn't

Switch to a sword. Low levels don;t have magic weapons anyways
>>
>>51579592

> they'd probably just not reload it, and switch to a different weapon for round two.

That's the idea
>>
>>51578941
>>51578050
>banned DHB's classes on the grounds of "snowflaking"
>bans fucking fighter on the grounds of "snowflaking"
>PoW is enabled
I don't understand.
>>
>>51579521
Didn't people say that about one of the apps for RotJR? And it wasn't true then, either?
>deja_vu.mp3
>>
>>51579654
>objective lies
>>
>>51579717
Aranha is an Undertale tho. She's Muffet.
>>
File: 1442440450772.png (3KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1442440450772.png
3KB, 493x402px
What is a good gestalt combination for a Swordlord hopeful in a Kingmaker campaign? It's level 3, 25 PB with Path of War allowed.

I don't know if I want to either become the King or the General, though I'll have the potential for both.
>>
>>51579717
Literally NAMED UNDYNE
>>
>>51579739
People seem to have the same fascination with stuffing her full of food at least.
>>
>>51579654
But nothing is banned. When someone asked to get some homebrew in, the DM posted a Strawpoll and let the players decide.
>>
>>51579717
No, the character is LITERALLY Undyne. The monster fish thing that lived underground and is best friends with a human child.
>https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1096790.
>>
>>51577567
>I guess my intended meaning didn't come off as I wanted here.

>Implying that had anything to do with your comment, and not the shopkeeper's obvious lie
>>
Note to self:
Do not save young silver dragons.
Fuckers tag with your forever because they are fucking lawful good stupid
>>
>>51579806

If you can't find some advantage to having a dragon pal, I don't think you're trying hard enough.
>>
>>51579806
>not saving the Metallic wyrmlings

What are you, Evil?
>>
>>51579771
What's the definition of a scam? If it's charging more than you would have for a product then there wasn't any scam, since 1 silver seems reasonable for a carved tooth. If it's lying to sell a product then it might be a scam, except Seht got a story and a carved tooth for 1 silver, so no one ended up shorted on the deal.
>>
>>51579841
Just Neutral
>>
>>51578050
So I just downloaded the players guide. There doesn't seem to be any indication of what makes for good favored enemies/favored terrains for the campaign, or what familiars/bloodlines/etc. fit into the campaign.

Can someone give me a rundown of at least favored terrains/enemies?
>>
>>51579866
Underground should be obvious for terrain.
Really, asking for forward information to make this sort of character choice is well into the realm of meta-gaming.
>>
>>51579806

Silvers are adorable!
>>
>>51579866
You're probably going to want underground or urban for favored terrain if it's mostly dungeons.
Humanoids (human) or undead is probably a safe bet for babby's first favored enemy. And if you choose "wrong", don't worry, there's a spell to make something count as your favored enemy.
>>
>>51579906
The vast majority of player companions have information on what favored enemy/terrains, as what as thematic choices for other abilities.

If I take Favored Enemy (Giants) as my primary favored enemy and there is not a single giant in the campaign I'll certainly have egg of my face won't I.
>>
>>51579906
Is it, though?

If it's "tell me what the most optimal choice would be", then yes, I'll agree with you.

But it's like somebody who isn't sure asking what energy type they should choose for a sorcerer bloodline in a game where you're mostly fighting demons--letting them pick electricity would be irresponsible.
>>
>>51579935
That's just the risk you take. Same if I play a rogue and it's all constructs. Or I play an enchanter and it's all undead.
>>
>>51579948
That's fair I guess, but saying "anything but ____" is different from the just saying which choices would be best, which was the original request.
>>
>>51579806
I agree, save greens and blues, their parents are Lawful Evil, so they begrudgingly make it up to you due to their honor, it's pretty sweet
>>
>>51579958
No the thing is most APs in their player companions call out what enemies you'll be facing so that you don't fuck yourself over completely.

Iron Gods, Jade Regent, and Reign of Winter all do.
>>
File: skeletonlaugh.jpg (72KB, 750x701px) Image search: [Google]
skeletonlaugh.jpg
72KB, 750x701px
>>51579842
>What's the definition of a scam?

>$CURRENT_YEAR$
>Being this pedantic
>My sides.
>>
>>51579958
That's not a "risk you take", that's a sign your GM is a dick who deliberately wanted to fuck with you, even if it's by omission of critical information.
>>
>>51579972
Except that isn't what he is asking. Let's look at the post>>51579866
>There doesn't seem to be any indication of what makes for good favored enemies/favored terrains for the campaign
Literally he never calls out for "best"

Also:
>what familiars/bloodlines/etc. fit into the campaign.
He doesn't even ask for effectiveness, just what fits the campaign.

God damn you are a faggot.
>>
>>51579958
Constructs aren't immune to Precision Damage/Critical Hits/Sneak Attack in Pathfinder. Oozes, Swarms, Elementals still are though.
>>
>>51579983
>it's not a scam
>but I can't come up with anything else to shitpost about
>oh god I'm so alone
>>
How's this feat idea:

prereq: TWF
benefit: When wielding a weapon in one hand and attacking with no other weapon, you add twice your stat modifier to one attack per round for each extra attack you could make with TWF
>>
>>51579958
Let's say I'm playing a ranger in this campaign.

I choose favored terrain: Water, Swamp, Elemental (Water), Jungle

None of these appear in Shattered Star. My class feature now doesn't do anything.

Or favored enemy I choose Giants, Ooze, Plant, Fey. None appear so this class feature doesn't do anything.
>>
>>51580057
Bland, pointless, and restrictive. 2/10
>>
>>51580012
Okay don't get worked up now, I can see you're already just getting ready to spurg.
You'll notice nowhere in there does he ask which options to avoid, which we both agreed was fine to do. What he does ask for is which options to pick. Just because he used a different word doesn't mean the results aren't the same.

>>51580073
Yeah, you understand then. Is this your first experience with life not being fair sometimes? Sometimes you make a mistake, sometimes that mistake is at chargen. No big deal.
>>
>>51580056

>What's the definition of a scam?
>>
>oh hey before I make a character, what are all the BBEGs hard counters?
>whats useless in this campaign?
Learn to spot the difference.
>>
>>51580115
>>51580073
Yes, but it's an easily avoidable mistake.

In this campaign you will mostly be fighting "X" isn't spoiling shit. This should take like 2 fucking seconds and will help players a bunch.
>>
File: 039 - rRCM9WG.jpg (27KB, 285x281px) Image search: [Google]
039 - rRCM9WG.jpg
27KB, 285x281px
>>51580115
God damn you're a faggot.
>>
>>51580152
I don't know, but it's not what happened to Seht.
>>
File: 1461684342509.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1461684342509.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
How'd everybody's weekend go?

Did you like your sessions?
>>
>>51580115
And you're saying that the book calling out "these are some common enemy and terrains you'll encounter" so that player's class features actually do something would ruin the fun?

No really I can't see your reasoning of why people should just have class features that just do nothing.

May as well just withhold all information so that they can't take anything that may be geared towards the campaign. That would be metagaming.
>>
>>51580175
You're still not grasping the very basic yet drastic difference between "you will mostly be fighting_____" and "you will not be fighting any_____". It's a really easy thing to distinguish, why are you still struggling with it?
>>
File: 1477039520765.jpg (279KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1477039520765.jpg
279KB, 700x700px
>>51580115
Anon the job of a GM is to make sure everyone has fun
I don't know about you
But when half of my character abilities are literally useless because of the setting
I don't tend to have fun
>>
>>51580185
No, session because DM got sick.
>>
>>51580185
I did! Had a lot of fun starting out RotJR, even if it was a bit slow.
>>
>>51580155
I'm not even sure what side you're on.

>What are some good choices for terrain/favored enemies?
Does not seem like some kind of egregious question.
>>
>>51580185
We're on hiatus.
>>
>>51580115
Not every GM allows retraining. As a matter of fact, any GM as vindictive as you are is probably going to specifically target and ban any attempt to rectify those "mistakes".

So you can't accurately term them "mistakes", because for players to make those "mistaken" decisions requires information to be actively hidden from them.
>>
>>51580198
>moderate opinions is different from my one-sided opinion
>it's basically the same as completely one-sided on the other side
>>
>>51580237
>>51580205
What the fuck are you even on about?
>>
>>51580205
but anon
it's favored enemy
it sucks anyway
>>
>>51576254
Fuck you, psycrystals are fucking fun.
Whoever wrote it thought it was a good idea, and just represents slicing off a portion of your own mind to have it go do shit. It's easier to use with game mechanics if you possess a little rock to do so then.
>>
>>51580207
Do you have fun when all your attacks hit, even when you completely dumped your accuracy stat? I mean, if the DM is just meant to handhold you no matter how badly you fuck up your character, isn't it the same thing?
>>
>>51580205
And what is wrong with a player knowing they'll mostly be fighting X?

What value does making a mistake based on choosing something with no information have? You are literally saying "you shouldn't get information then be punished for making a choice".
>>
>>51580265
No anon but to give an extreme example I'm not sure it's a good idea to let people take the non-magic classes if you plan on having the first few dungeon crawls be entirely populated by shades
>>
>>51580265
You're absolutely right. I'm going to refuse to explain feats to my players. They should get used to failing when picking character options.
>>
>>51580252
How is making a rock to do shit with your mind somehow easier and takes less experience than just doing it yourself
.>Whoever wrote it thought it was a good idea
Yeah, that's true for most bad decisions.
>>
>>51580265
Ok let's take the scenario:
>you are told there is a campaign
>your class features rely on your making choices that can't be changed, if you make the wrong one it isn't the class feature is less effective, it literally does nothing
>you are not given the information to make the decision with
>it would be 'handholding' to be given information
>>
>>51580265
You're right.

The entire campaign takes place in a null magic zone. You didn't know this. Frank and Steve, playing the Sorcerer and Cleric, better luck next time. It would have been metagaming for me to tell you.
>>
>>51580265
That's not even comparable, because there's a clear goddamn link between "Accuracy Stat" and hitting things.
>>
File: Landofthelost.gif (47KB, 612x224px) Image search: [Google]
Landofthelost.gif
47KB, 612x224px
>>51579866
I do think the reason why enemies is not specified is because Shattered Star basically makes you fight all the major types of monsters you could find in the manuals.
On terrain, well, there will be transitions through the wilderness but most of the action takes place underground or indoors.
>>
>>51580265
>Do you have fun when all your attacks hit, even when you completely dumped your accuracy stat?
What does this have to do with the argument?

You are arguing that the class feature should not doing anything, what's your beef with favored enemy/terrain?
>>
>>51580266
But there's plenty of information already, it's not nothing.

Aside from the presence of existing information already being available, I have said over and over again that information for players is fine, but what he's asking for is complete trianing wheels and for the DM to make a character choice for him. Again, for like the hundredth time but I guess I'll make it 101 since you think I have been saying not to give any information at all, telling the players to not pick the useless options is fine, but asking how to most effeciently fight the campaign is just handholding.
>>
>>51580347
>but asking how to most effeciently fight the campaign is just handholding.
Except he literally did not ask it. He asked for "good ones".

Asking for "which aren't shit" and "which are good" is the same fucking question, just reworded.
>>
>>51580207
The DM is not your fucking babysitter

He is a rules arbiter and the designated enemy.
>>
>>51580252
>Fuck you, psycrystals are fucking fun.
They're fucking stupid.
>>51580338
Then say that "due to the varied nature of the campaign characters that rely on dealing with only one type of enemy may experience problems".

Simple.
>>
>>51580372
>The DM is the designated enemy

You poor fool.
>>
>all these people being idiots
Less information than your asking for =/= no information at all you disengenuous cunts.
Not telling the players all the encounters solutions =/= not informing them of trap options
How is this idea so fucking difficult for you people?
>>
>>51580372
>the GM is the enemy
What a shit fucking attitude
>>
>>51580394
He's not asking for all the encounter solutions you fucking cock smoker.
>>
Psi-Aug Psicrystals is a fucking mess of a document anyway.
>>
>>51580372
So when was the last time you played a game--scratch that, the last time you had friends?

Sometime around the late 80s, maybe early 90s, I take it?
>>
>>51580265
>>51580372
There's a difference between "hey GM, is my choice the best" and "hey GM, is my choice literally ever going to come up in the game before the final fight". If I want to take Favored Enemy (Undead), then by asking the GM he should say whether or not there are going to be any undead in the campaign, and whether they're decently-common enough to invest a class feature into it. It's no different than asking "hey GM, are there going to be guns and bullets in this game, or am I wasting my money and class features by buying those and being unable to restock.
>>
>>51580394
Is telling players common enemy types for favored enemy "all encounter solutions"?

Because that's the real question here.

It telling the guy what common enemies/terrains exist in the campaign "all the encounter solution"?
>>
>>51580365
This is objectively false. The two statements will give different answers. However, "which are good" and "which are the best" will have overlap.
>>
>>51580372
The DM plays the enemies. He is not /your/ enemy. He is there to enable the game's function.
>>51580394
>I'm wrong, so I'll just restate my point and say everyone is dumb.
nice
>>
File: 1478322622530.jpg (207KB, 800x1194px) Image search: [Google]
1478322622530.jpg
207KB, 800x1194px
>>51580265
Anon while it mgiht be reasonable that the rogue did not realize his enemies in the poorly named City of the Goblins where the campaign takes place would be mostly oozes and cubes who can't get blindsided, nobody wants to be the sucker who showed up unequipped, not because he didn't do the work, but because he had literally no fucking way to know that his abilities are worthless through the campaign.

>>51580372
>the DM is the designated enemy
No anon, the DM is literally your babysitter. His job is to design a game where everyone is able to have a good time.
If the DM is the enemy then he must be a very shit enemy, since he should be able to Rocks Fall your dumb ass or just introduce an ontological GMPC level [ ] who retroactively retcons the entire world from existence.
>>
This is the /pfg/ I know.

This is the /pfg/ I love.
>>
ITT: Reasons why people just drop Ranger in favor of Slayer if they want to be full BaB, even though Ranger is supposedly "better".
>>
>>51580424
>will have overlap
Anon if the entire campaign is about fighting undead then it's just poor form to let someone take a specialty in killing slimes.
>>
>>51580372
>the DM is the enemy
Fellas this here is a sad sight
Gaze upon the visage of an embittered DM, left behind by all his players
>>
>>51579980
Player guides are the only reason I play APs
Sure, they are not the best written adventures
But shit hell they are the easiest to fucking run due to shit like players guides
>>
>>51580372
>the GM is the enemy
You sad, sad little man.
>>
>>51580529
>>51580484
>>51580439
>>51580412
>>51580398
>The DM should build all the dungeons
>He has to run all the enemies
>He has to manage the entire setting
>He has to rules arbitrate
>He has to buy 5 times more books than anyone else (PF excluded)
>If anything goes wrong, it's his fault for not managing the players correctly
>>
>>51580488
Except Kingmaker because why the fuck would you go on and on about Brevoy when it's barely more than a side detail in the AP I mean jesus christ Paizo.
>>
>>51580572
That is an utter non-sequitur.
>>
>>51580572
>Has to buy books

:V
>>
>>51580590
The DM is not a babysitter
He is not there to facilitate everyone else's fun, he is there to have fun just like anyone else.
>>
>>51580587
They got better with it through time
Also Kingmaker really is a weird black sheep among the APs
>>
>>51580572
>If anything goes wrong, it's all one person's fault, and I have to make sure it's not me, because reality is totally a zero sum game
Or you could, you know, act like a human being and find some solution with your players, and not just fly into a tard rage like the autistic jumble of algorithms you are.

Also,
>buy
You know there's an SRD to access, right?
>>
>>51580613
And that still has nothing to do with the GM being "the enemy". No shit, the GM should have fun. Everyone should have fun. This is a group activity, everyone's fun should be tied together.
>>
>>51580613
A GM needs an attitude of "I have fun by enabling my players to have fun."
Some players have fun with an adversarial GM, but even then it's an understanding between the players and the GM that the GM isn't going to go easy and the players aren't going to hold back.
If you can only have fun by denying other people enjoyment you should not be a GM.
>inb4 "I was only pretending to be retarded."
>>
File: 1457242033747.png (701KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1457242033747.png
701KB, 1080x1080px
>>51580572
>The DM should build all the dungeons
Yes.

>He has to run all the enemies
Yes.

>He has to manage the entire setting
Yes.

>He has to rules arbitrate
Yes.

>He has to buy 5 times more books than anyone else (PF excluded)
>buying books

Did you know that playing GM is a lot harder than playing a player even with experience? Did you know that not everyone can just up and become a GM with minimal effort? Why do you think getting "perma-DM'd" is generally not a good thing?

>If anything goes wrong, it's his fault for not managing the players correctly
How the fuck are you even getting this?

>>51580613
The DM's job is to make sure EVERYONE has fun, just like the players are there to make sure everyone has fun by not being That Guy.
The DM IS in fact there to facilitate everyone else's fun. He's supposed to have fun while facilitating everyone else's fun.
>>
GM is one of the players
GM is not your enemy, but he is just the final player of sorts.
Since we are all adults now, we can't expect the GM to bear all the responsibility for the sessions to work
>>
File: 1483279166709.jpg (615KB, 1754x1746px) Image search: [Google]
1483279166709.jpg
615KB, 1754x1746px
>>51580613
I bet you took one look at Shane and Calcio and etc. and thought that just because screencap rage, the players weren't having fun?
>>
>sleeping goddess gm nowhere to be found

I don't know why I even got excited...
>>
>>51580720
>Since we are all adults now, we can't expect the GM to bear all the responsibility for the sessions to work
Nobody tried to pull this but you, but if the DM's setting makes a certain few class builds completely worthless, like exceptionally worthless in the context of the game system, like favored enemy humanoid fighter when the enemies are all undead and half of them are incorporeal, then the DM should probably just say "hey heads up this build is going to be tough for my campaign are you okay with this", because he made the concept of the campaign and the players have no way to know, so he should double check to make sure the players are still able to have fun.
>>
>>51580790
I'm not that guy
>>
>>51580728
Because cuteposting is actually a result of cancer. You have brain damage.
>>
File: 1463255811848.jpg (31KB, 695x363px) Image search: [Google]
1463255811848.jpg
31KB, 695x363px
>>51580803
>>
>>51580470
I don't see how this addresses or counterpoints the post it replies to at all.
>>
>>51580812
I'm not trying to be mean anon. I'm just telling you the truth. I hope you've lived a full life.
>>
>>51580813
I'm not the guy he was originally responding to, I'm just saying that while good and best have overlap it's not necessarily a bad thing, as long as everyone knows it. Telling your players ahead of time they're going to be fighting all undead isn't metagaming, they could easily have taken the adventure in the first place because they're actually good at fighting undead.
>>
>>51580115
>Okay don't get worked up now, I can see you're already just getting ready to spurg
Nobody ever listens.
>>
>>51577613
Oh my lord she is so cute.
>>
>>51580372
>the designated enemy.

That GM confirmed.
>>
>>51580987
Just a simple missinterpretation based on the fact that the DM controls the designated enemies. It's not worth starting another fight over.
>>
>>51580587

Brevoy feels like a country the developers had a massive boner to use as a story location, but couldn't because it didn't fit their toxic views on how campaigns should play out.
>>
>Make my app for Pirates
>I think it's fun and decent
>Turns out I made a meme character
>Also, they have little reason to chase after the plot hook
You'd think that would have hit me sooner.
>>
>>51581089
Wait what's the plot hook for pirates.
>>
>>51581113
I thought the plot hook for pirates was just 'PIRATES'
>>
>>51581113
Betrayed by our captain, go kick his ass

I think
>>
>>51576719
Best girl is yuzuki sensei
too bad she's about to get cucked
>>
>>51581156
Piss needs to fuck off
Like forever
>>
>>51581157
Page 8, made a new thread.
>>
>>51581040
I sorta took it to mean that they were trying to pander real hard to Game of Thrones fans, but then forgot about that once they'd written it down because "Hey, they've bought the books, we don't need to keep luring them now that we've made a buck."
>>
>>51581150
Skull and Shackles? Not really, one guy betrays your captain and then you kinda get thrown into the mix and captain hates you now by association.
>>
>>51581113
Betrayed by the former captain who sold the party out for a cushy job. Gotta break out now and go find him.
>>
>>51581210
Sky Pirates man, where have you been? step up your shitposting game.
>>
>>51576843
I made a dwarf fighter who was extremely resilient to magic and used abundant tactics: barroom brawler and warrior's spirit to be a walking talking toolbox
>>
>>51579006
>>51578941
Bouda - a witch that later turns into a hyena. Mystery solved.
>>
>>51577672
If you ask me that was a shitty analogy to support the point. What I think he meant is "Instead of pushing a chess piece forward, it's as if you suddenly realize it was somewhere else the entire time."
Ergo regardless of distance "traveled" it doesn't really change a thing.
>>
>>51582205
Sounds a bit like the abilities in NWoD Demon. They basically edit reality on the fly like an old rules.ini, so it's basically: You were there before, but now you're over here. You were always over here, never over there. Obviously if you were over there you'd be over there, so you're here.
>>
>>51582205
That's still a shitty analogy, though, since that's explicitly NOT how teleportation spells work.
Thread posts: 431
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.