[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 372
Thread images: 43

File: gotta sanic fast.gif (2MB, 288x160px) Image search: [Google]
gotta sanic fast.gif
2MB, 288x160px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>51274643 → →
>Fast_and_Furious_23.trid
>Gridguide_Operator.sim
>Spirit-assisted_street_racing.mgc
>running_in_the_2050s.mp3

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Gotta go fast'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Redline_VR.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever get in a street race with a dragon

Riggers. What are your experiences with/as them, for good or ill? Vehicles or drones, or a little of both? What are the best models to spend your ill-gained nuyen on?
>>
File: icomuv2_by_dhilipsomesh-d30athz.jpg (116KB, 1024x565px) Image search: [Google]
icomuv2_by_dhilipsomesh-d30athz.jpg
116KB, 1024x565px
so whats the best vehicles for 4 man team to use without rigger? Have to be inconspicuous, decently fast and well armored.
>>
>>51294351
>>>51291272

you fucked up, chummer.
>>
Does anyone else ignore the ork aging thing? It reeks of adherence to standard fantasy shit without even remotely figuring out the real consequences behind standard fantasy shit.
Also the listed average life expectancy for human beings apparently automatically include medical support in old age but orks don't? Because there's not a single person on Earth who's hit 90 without LOTS of medical care.
>>
>>51295629
Technically in SR the listed average lifespan for human beings is 65, which is around a decade or so less then in real life. So no, medical help to reach old age in that chart so a properly medically treated ork could likely live a lot longer then 45, especially since orks stay physically stronger for much longer then humans do comparatively speaking.

That said I usually ignore it since they fucking made an in-universe retcon that goblinized orks live as long as regular humans JUST so Bull can explain why his stupid self-insert character isn't a rickety and useless grandpa who can't run anymore. That's all the reason I need to ignore that shit since apparently THEY get to ignore it when it's convienient too.
>>
>>51295629
Here is the thing. An ork can live to 70-90, but most of them don't. The reason is that they are prone to a genetic condition known as Methuselah's Syndrome which causes rapid aging. Medical care can't help much with that.
>>
>>51295727
Actually, the head of EVO got his fixed.
He's in his sixties now, canonically.
So yes, >>51295696 is right; they literally find reasons to ignore metatype life expectancy literally as soon as it's convienient for them.

They likely just make shit up and add explanations after the fact because no they don't fucking care.
>>
>>51295784
You mean he got Leonization? That's hardly uncommon to CEO's.
>>
>>51295817
No, I mean he got generic therapy to cure his Methusalah's Syndrome.
Like I said, they just want certain characters to live longer so they just make up bullshit reasons why they should and then shrug and say
>"I guess our NPC's are more special bro!"
>>
>>51295784
Eh? Really? I read that he was looking for one but if he did found that changes things for my char. And is Evo selling it?
>>
>>51291100
>My first thought of using stunbolts isn't super great since the team mage specc'd counterspelling for combat spells
Are they always right next to each other / in LOS? Are you not able to send in more than one mage, or cast more than one spell per turn?

>My 2nd thought to use toxins doesn't really work since he doesn't have skin for contact vectors
Short of a chemical seal, this is not true, and gas masks do not protect against non-inhalation vectors.

>>51290696
Funny one. 350+ replies in, past page 10, and (you) """don't want to shit up the thread""" beyond a single shitpost.

>Now fuck off
Chances are we'll all be talking to each other anonymously more than a bit, so why dress it up as though that's enough to get rid of someone? Fantasy cyberpunk make believe is all well and good, but wilful ignorance of reality is taking it a bit far.
>>
>>51295876
Not that I can see in the rules, no.
Then again maybe it's just for rich folks like all good healthcare in SR.
>>
File: cEt9Lbt.jpg (75KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
cEt9Lbt.jpg
75KB, 800x800px
>>
>>51290940

hey yekka, sorry for the late reply. Downloaded the nightly directly, and the new Save as PDF thing works perfectly fine. sorry for the trouble.
>>
File: 9df633310356e438100dba088bf8b224.jpg (802KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
9df633310356e438100dba088bf8b224.jpg
802KB, 1080x1920px
>>51297713
Completely fine, it was a fuckup on my part.
>>
File: BMW_X_Infinity.jpg (15KB, 335x218px) Image search: [Google]
BMW_X_Infinity.jpg
15KB, 335x218px
>>51295477
BMW X Infinity
(check Chummer for stats)
>>
>>51295477
Multiple motorcycles?
>>
File: 1481962230406.jpg (161KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1481962230406.jpg
161KB, 1080x1350px
>>
Anyone know where I can get some info on Hong Kong other than SR:HK?
>>
>>51299146
There's a pdf for playing 2060s hong kong.
>>
>>51299327
You can wear clothes over whatever you want, but your GM has the right to penalise you for it. Run & Gun even has rules for doing so based on the climate and weather.
>>
>>51294351

> have 1 new private message, titled 'Gotta go fast'

This is your reminder that you can break the sound barrier in a Dodge Scoot
>>
>>51299713
You appear to be using an outdated version of the vehicle rules.
Rigger 5: Upgrade today!
>>
>>51299864
okay, but can you do it without using Movement?
>>
>>51299649
>I'd like having rules for container concealability modifiers
Body Armour Bag.
>>
>>51299864

From what I checked: Get an Control Rig Rating 3, that will boost your speed by 3 (And handling, and that's all according to RAW).

Use the Rigger 5 rules to downgrade something to give it enough upgrade space to get rating 1 Speed increase.

Then, there's a quality in the core rulebook called "Gearhead". While the rules technically state "Increase speed by 20%" those aren't numbers that mesh well with anything else in vehicle combat, so every GM i've ever known just allows you to increase your speed by +1.

So, you get the base speed of 3, the speed upgrade from rigger 5 brings you to 4, Rating 3 Control Console brings you up to 7, and, for a brief amount of time, you can be a Gear head which will bring you up to speed rating 8 which, according to the book, is Mach 1.

Gotta Scoot Fast.
>>
>>51300116
While you're at it, tell us all how crazy the Rain Forest Carbine is.

You forgot the part where the speeds defined in the core book are no longer official.
>>
>>51300116
>according to the book, is Mach 1.
The mistake you are making is thinking that the man who wrote the vehicle rules even intended to include actual speeds in the rating system; he did not.
In fact it was written by someone completely different well after he wrote the actual rules and he did nothing about comparing the two.
The guy who created the vehicle rules said outright to ignore the idiotic chart.
>>
>>51300305
>The guy who created the vehicle rules said outright to ignore the idiotic chart.
And this is where Rigger 5 comes in to redefine speeds in relative terms, not precise measurements.
>>
>>51300356
Yuppers.
>>
>>51300305
>>51300291

You wound me gentlemen.

I know the rules aren't official, and in fact, the guy who made the vehicle section didn't know the second guy came in behind him to add 'numbers' to the speeds.

When I run my games, the speeds are way more abstract (Since most of the vehicles in the book can't, technically, reach highway speeds anyways).

But, if anyone happens to have a GM who is a hardass about making sure everything is RAW, you can just start drifting around at the speed of sound on your nice affordable Dodge Scoot.
>>
>>51300374
>if anyone happens to have a GM who is a hardass about making sure everything is RAW
That's where you slap them in the face with Rigger 5 until they stop referring to the core book for speeds, because they're not following RAW. They're being RAW selective.

In short; >>51299864
>>
>>51300407

I'm not saying you're wrong.

I'm just being entertaining with what the rules technically say. Or, at least, some of the rules.
>>
>>51299902
>CONCEALABILITY
>This feature means things are either more easily hidden beneath the girth or length of the piece, or the design of the piece means it is less likely to be detected.

Just pointing out that Concealability as an armour feature is for hiding the armour under clothing or hiding something within the armour. Body Armour Bag has -6, and as bulky, restrictive, unfashionable armour, it's probably not for hiding it under your jacket.
>>
Hey how bad are Jaguar Warriors?

Asking for a friend since I'm going to be using him as a meatshield.
>>
>>51300630
They're a kind of special forces unit, so they are very well-equipped, well-armed, and well-trained.
They tend to have lots of Awakened members in general, usually with a mage/shaman of some kind in the lead.

They aren't the best special forces unit in the Sixth World or anything but they're easily comparable to a runner team and frequently will have far more redundancy in their skill sets then most hyper-specialized runners will.
>>
Is it kosher to give an assassination target a hyper competent power armored body guard?
>>
>>51300931
I mean, if he had the money to afford one and he knew somebody was coming for him.
Most people would really spend the cash on an entire security team because it's much safer, but if he's got the money for a real expert too then why not?
>>
>>51300995
Basically this is an excuse to have the players need to kill shadowrun dr. who while avoiding shadowrun samus.
Fucker will try to talk you down then SPRINT AWAY while the bodyguard uses fucking missiles on you.
>>
>>51300931
If they're important enough. I once planted a Pepper Pots like secretary along side a high up corp suit the team got a contract to extract.

Should have seen their faces when the screaming skirt they dismissed turned out to be a fully cybered killbot. That was fun.
>>
>>51301023
Bonus points if she was named "Mercy".
>>
>>51299902
>>51299789
>Be the change in the world you want to see, chummer. Write the rules, make the magic happen. I'll gladly edit and critique.
>Body Armor Bag (-6 concealability)
Alright, let's do this.

First, I'll invent container size categories to decide how big of an item you can reasonably in each container. Each container size is defined by the default concealability modifier of the biggest gear it can hold without displaying excess bulk. This is NOT the concealability modifier it confers to the item.
>[concealability modifier of biggest gear] = example
>-6 = Universal data port/thimble/
>-4 = Shirt pocket/worn shoe/sandwich bag/glasses case/internal purse compartment /metahuman mouth/ piccolo case
>-2 = Pants pocket/ empty sock/ empty shoe/ small backpack compartment
>0 = Large coat pocket/ small shopping bag/ worn pants/ medium backpack compartment
>+2 = Purse main compartment/ average shopping bag/ briefcase/ large backpack compartment/ inside of coat/ empty violin case
>+4 = Large shopping bag, small duffel bag, small suitcase
>+6 = Large duffel bag, large suitcase, empty guitar/cello case
>+8 = Body bag, trunk of small car, empty double-bass instrument case

(cont.)
>>
>>51301320
Containers grant -2 concealability for every category by which the container size exceeds the object size. For instance, a holdout pistol kept in a baggy pant-leg will have an extra -2 (total of -6 concealability), while a contact lens buried in a purse will have an extra -8 (total -14). When someone opens the container to look inside, and there's a reasonable possibility of missing the item (the aforementioned contact lens inside a purse has this. A violin case full of grenades will not), use this modifier and not the item's normal concealability. If a searcher empties a container, he automatically discovers all items once contained within.

A soft container (such as a pocket or bag) does not give a concealment bonus or penalty to an object in the same category as itself, as it doesn't have enough room to hide the object's shape or weight. It still requires a perception test to notice the object inside, which in some cases may be enough.

A container that is hard, or whose shape is inconspicuous and does not match the item in question (such as an instrument case, hip flask, cardboard box, or shoe) itself has +2 concealability relative to a comparably-sized item, but grants an additional -2 concealability to items kept within. If someone passes the perception check despite that penalty, he becomes somewhat suspicious of the item (notices unusual shifting weight, hears odd clattering within) and may choose investigate further, generally either opening the container or using a scanner.

If an item is inside multiple containers, only the highest container modifier applies (although a russian-doll layering of containers might make the process irritating for an underpaid rent-a-cop).

If someone goes to extra lengths to keep an item's profile less conspicuous (i.e. putting a gun in a suitcase and padding it with extra clothing), this grants an additional -2.

Specialized smuggling compartments have their own rules and confer their own modifiers, usually -10.
>>
So, I'm wanting to make a Bio Adept who is known for Hulking Out.

How do? I'm really wanting to Get a rating 3 Adrenaline Pump to just turn into a monster at the drop of a hat, which requires Restricted Gear, and a shitload of money, but, that is also 2.25 essence, which is 3 magic.
>>
>>51301418
K-10 is cheaper.
>>
>>51301478

Yeah, but not as Thematic.
>>
>>51301492
Use that essence for something better, like a cyber torso and modular arms. Four armed hulking out magic melee murder monster machine.
>>
>>51301418
Combine an Adrenaline Pump 2 with Berserk or Berserker's Rage (Improved Berserk). Flavor wise, you are enhancing/combining your Adept Powers with augmentations like a good Bio-Adept would. Mechanically, it puts you at 4.5 ESS, which means you can grab Berserk + Rage for 2 PP, then get Improved Reflexes 1. Or if you'd prefer you can get Improved Reflexes 2 and regular Berserk. Either way you have .5 PP to spend.
>>
>>51301320
>First, I'll invent container size categories to decide how big of an item you can reasonably in each container
... Why? Estimate a duffle bag, estimate the items. If it doesn't pass the smell test, then take something out. Anything that does fit inside has [base concealability] - 6.
>>
>>51301418
>rating 3 Adrenaline Pump
Problem with adrenaline pumps is how long they work for at high ratings. It's rating * 1d6 turns, then stun damage equal to the number of turns it was active. Which means you might be taking 18S damage at the tail end of a fight - ie; after you've been messed up some.
>>
>>51302261
I just feel like there should be a difference between a silenced rifle making a bulge in a golf bag, and the spare clip that should be basically invisible from the outside
>>
>>51302371
There is.

Sniper Rifles are +8 Concealability, +2 in a Body Armour Bag, while Spare Clips are -4, -10 in a BAB.
>>
>>51302493
I suppose that works.

So how about appropriately sized soft containers are a flat -6, hard containers -8?
>>
Im playing an elven mage/face for a street level campaign. He's got
A:Magic
B: Stats
C: Skills
D: Elf
E: Money
An Ares Crusader II & an Argentum Coat w/ Fire Resist R2 (the coat was a gift from his Corp Enclave, rich parents girlfriend, looking for good RP with breakfast club relationship) not much nuyen left for stuff.
Im trying to think of a good name for him & his gang of other wizkids.
Also advice of spell selection
Guy is a con artist/huckster just tryin to make a break. Turning to shadowrunning to make cred to impress gf/gf's family.

Any advice appreciated
>>
Rewatched Stand Alone Complex recently. Honestly comes across as a pretty good bit of inspiration for Neotokyo visually, and the group comes across as a particularly tight knit group of runners.

Anyone got anything that works nicely for other aspects of SR?
>>
>>51303827
Bladerunner movie for an A E S T H E T I C. I mean, seriously, even though it's kinda bland movie, it's got a fucking GORGEOUS art style. Especially Dekker's apartment and a animal market. And a story for an lone detective hunting a cybered assassins always a good sidestory.
>>
>>51303165
So he's a rich kid sleeping rough? I assume with money he has not an awful lot of lifestyle purchased. Maybe problems from the girlfriend's family and his family, while they STICK TOGETHER THROUGH ALL OBSTACLES LOVE CONQUERS ALL?

Spells and rituals: The Renascance ritual isn't fabulous, but it can help for manchurian candidate style shenanigans if you go heavy social. Influence and Levitate are great spells for a lot of things. Physical mask is good for meetings and fuckery. Consider the elemental grenade spells if you're really hurting for combat spells, they're pretty versatile, if heavy on the drain. Oh, and sense link for some minor spy work.
>>
Besides cost and flair, is there ANY fucking point to getting a Ruger Warhawk over the Predator?
>>
File: LEBD-1.png (38KB, 240x146px) Image search: [Google]
LEBD-1.png
38KB, 240x146px
> take LEBD-2
> Downgrade handling
> Remove taser, mini weapon mount, and it's drivers
> Install small weapon mount, with external-smartlinked Ruger Super Warhawk, install appropriate targeting autosoft
> Install personality tweak: Clint Eastwood
>>
>>51302598
There's a hermetically sealed hard shell briefcase in Run & Gun. It has anti-olfactory sensor technology, and you basically can't tell the shape of something inside it at all.
>>
>>51303165
Can I just say, I love your characters motivation. 10/10 would exploit as GM.
Especially when you have to explain to your girlfriend where you got the money.
Also spoilers she's gonna end up being the daughter of a mob boss or something
>>
>>51303994
More damage and more penetration?
Besides, why would you get a Predator when the Savalette exists.
For the other way round:
Ruger can't fire semi-bursts.
>>
I need opinions on the good/bad of Chummer's file-size blowing out to 55MB-ish in order to support better rendering of the HTML print preview.
>>
>>51304306
>>51303994
>Recoil penalties are cumulative over every Action Phase and Combat Turn unless the character takes, or is forced into, a Simple or Complex Action other than shooting.
If you ignore the monkeys who put 'Simple' in there, then Single Shot becomes more useful.

>Single Shot (SS) weapons have the [...] advantage of not suffering from cumulative recoil when fired in single shot mode.
>>
>>51304423
Bad: For anyone still using a 386, that's huge. Fuck them anyway, they can't run Chummer5.

Good: Everyone else would not even notice, and more functionality is welcome.
>>
>>51304306
>Besides, why would you get a Predator when the Savalette exists.
Not him, but it's equal DV, equal AP, more ammo, and I can Double Tap for the exact same benefit of Burst Firing and use up one less bullet while I'm at it.
>>
>>51304739
Rather than finding stuff they can acquire with difficulty, consider things that are slightly not rules legal, but still make sense. ie; electronic firing modification for a favoured firearm that doesn't prevent a silencer being attached.
>>
>>51304423
>blowing out to 55MB
Storage is cheap, Time is less so.
>>
>>51304423
>55+MB is bloatware
Coders really are autistic fucks.
>>
>>51304945
Mostly it just bothers me that I'm increasing the application size by around a thousand percent for a feature that won't really see any use. As is, the only places it'd be properly used are the print preview and the updater changelog. There's a vague plan of integrating the git wiki for documentation, but that's ages away.

I guess we could provide a direct connection to that roll20 sheet...
>>
>>51304766
Savalette can fire complex long bursts => -5 to defense, You can't copy that with the Predator.
>>
>>51305258
Seems like a waste of time and space, imho.
The File looks fine as it is.
>>
>>51300374
Honestly i just use a houserule to the speeds in rigger 5, whick worked pretty well till now

1 point water speed: 15 km/h

1 point Ground speed: 30 km/h

1 point of non jet based flight: 60 km/h

1 point of jet based flight: 600 km/h

so far it worked well. for ram attacks i use the table from the CRB and for now i'm happy that none of my players wanted to put a katana on their jet drone.
>>
>>51295477
I would go with the toyota gopher.

add a seat, pilot 4, maneuver and navigation autosoft 4, maybe a personality tweak and let the thing drive your team to it's destination while the team can hold a mission briefing.
>>
File: youtubethumburl.jpg (87KB, 1151x603px) Image search: [Google]
youtubethumburl.jpg
87KB, 1151x603px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FdCjpJP3iA

Why is Germany better at everything? It's like their race is somehow masterful at Shadowrun.
>>
>>51305942
It's because we germans love tables and rules.
Makes everything more tangible
>>
>>51305942
>Tablejew the Faggoting
Not even once
>>
>>51305942
>Stealing the fucking Shadowrun Intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q43h1zHpjqc
>The cucks don't even give credit
>>
>>51303977
No he isnt rich. Dirt poor. Trying to impress a pretty girl who is very rich.
>>
>>51304128
Oh yeah, i figure my DM will make one of the parents something bad. Maybe a mover shaker corp exec, not mob boss as id like the gf to be relatively oblivious to all the horrible things in the shadows of the 6th World.
>>
File: ford_F350_Tonka-manu-04_011-1024.jpg (177KB, 1024x642px) Image search: [Google]
ford_F350_Tonka-manu-04_011-1024.jpg
177KB, 1024x642px
What's a good pickup truck for a construction rigger? I was thinking the Percheron (every construction worker's gotta have an F-series pickup), but does it really give me that much more than the Gopher (w/ increased seating to simulate a Crew Cab) for the price tag?

Also, is owning a Kodiak too doofy? What about two
>>
>>51305258
I am a stupid user who will happily sacrifice 55MB for prettier print-previews.
>>
>>51304563
>single shots = no cumulative recoil
Why is that a problem when you only need one simple action for a single shot? Cumulative recoil resets any time you spend an action doing anything other than shooting, so just use a weapon in SA mode, and spend a simple action each IP doing something like take aim or take cover.

The only way you can accrue cumulative recoil at all is if you either use a complex firing action or intentionally don't use your other simple action for the IP. And even if you use a complex firing action on a given pass, you can just Take Aim -> Simple Fire on the next pass and not deal with it.
>>
>>51294351
I want to play a driving Adept who only uses shitty-looking JDM cars and has eurobeat as his calling card.

Can this be a functional build?
>>
File: President Dunkelzahn.png (845KB, 850x578px) Image search: [Google]
President Dunkelzahn.png
845KB, 850x578px
Is Dunkelzahn proof that reality-show stars make good presidents?
>>
>>51309762
As long as they die after their inauguration, sure
>>
>>51309762
He died before he reached the White House, actually.
I mean, it was just as keikaku and all that but he never actually got to BE the President.
>>
I haven't played Shadowrun in a while, and I just wanted to know, why do Technomacers suck again?

I know that they can't make PANs, and that they're very stat-heavy, but are there any other reasons?
>>
>>51310161
If I remember the explanation I heard correctly it's not that they "suck" as much as they are not the best choice for anything that they could be doing. They were better described as "sub-optimal" than "bad."
>>
>>51310161
Oh boy
http://shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431

Every day until you like it
>>
>>51310224
I'm not even half-way through and I like it already.

Although, it raises a question. Sprites don't have any mental attributes, so what do they use in their place for matrix attributes? Do they use my mental attributes? If they hack-on-the-fly and get marks, do they count as my marks the same way Agents work?
>>
File: Dragons Are Great At Campaigning.jpg (113KB, 692x1155px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons Are Great At Campaigning.jpg
113KB, 692x1155px
>>51309945
If Trump explodes into a magic rift tonight, I'm gonna paint my face red and move to a reservation. Get ahead of the game.
>>
>>51310345
>I'm gonna paint my face red
seems like he already did
>>
>>51310689
>rap_airhorn.mp4
>>
how is spell damage calculated, like a fireball or lightning bolt, net hits + force, or just net hits?
>>
>>51311020
in 5e it's just net hits for direct combat spells and Force + net hits for indirect ones
>>
>>51311073
ah therein lies my confusion.
So stunbolt and manabolt and those associated spells do only net hits and fireball and the like do net hits+force while providing a chance to dodge and armor. Makes sense.
>>
So I've recently run afoul of the Yama Kings because I'm not as smart as I think I am, but I don't want to move out of Kowloon because ain't no stupid ass ghosts kicking me out of my house.

Anyone have any advice on fighting them?
>>
>>51311164
Eat a gun, omae, it'll be faster an much less painful.
>>
>>51311164
Get lucky

Really, really lucky.
>>
>>51311164
What the frag is in your house that you're willing to have your flesh ripped from your bones for it?
>>
gonna try again in this thread

Any fans of Worm here? I'm trying to stat the Undersiders, but I'm having trouble with Skitter. Can't exactly be an insect themed shaman in shadow run without a bit of trouble.

That said there is potential for her to be either a Spider or Adversary totem shaman. Technomancer is also an option, it would fit her abilities in enviormental awareness and crowd control.

A final option is something involving HMV, after all, her cannon trigger has her stuffed into a locker filled with bio waste. But I don't think I can bend it enough to have her be a Toxic Shaman
>>
>>51310277
Their level is their skill and mental attributes.

Now I know that sprites don't share your persona so by RAW you shouldn't share marks.

Agents only share marks since they're technically running out of your device. Hitting them hits your device. As a TM your sprites have their own HP and are separate so I don't think they're shared
>>
>>51312687
There is a workaround tho: you can just order your sprites to Spoof whatever they've marked to make the device offer marks to you.
>>
So why don't corps like Omega Dawn? The most loyal slaves you can find for you mega.
>>
>>51300116
>>Use the Rigger 5 rules to downgrade something to give it enough upgrade space to get rating 1 Speed increase.
YOU
FUCKING
RETARD
I called you out on this bullshit last thread
>>51296802
>>
What would you guys think about modding a pair of cyberlimb like arms on a medium-size rotodrone instead of a weapon mount and call it a delivery assistant?

What could go wrong? Would it be too weird for bystanders to see that thing hovering around?
>>
>>51313211
Because, chummer, while the corps sure don't like being attacked by shadowrunners it is an indisputable fact that they NEED shadowrunners
because while no Shadowrunners would mean that they themselves wouldn't be attacked by them it also means that you can't attack either
Unless of course you WANT inter corp hot wars, unlike the cold wars they have now

it's the reason we shouldn't kill the insects: sure we may not like em, but we need em
>>
>>51313292

Armored Core did it better with the "Corp run runners". Think of it as a temp agency for Company Men.

>Create true neutral third party to conduct operations that is only given to the
>Make it clear that the contract is under a corp and not some weird agenda that no one should care about
>Corps can pay for anti Raven operations through the third party.

Something like this

http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/Ravens%27_Nest
http://armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/Nerves_Concord
>>
So I have a group that wants to play Shadowrun, but Anarchy instead of 4/5E. Aside from the book is there anything else I should throw at them for background?
>>
>>51313211
Because they're basically hypocritical Shadowrunners. They exploit corp resources to forge their own path independent of the corps and they disregard corp boundaries for such radical situations as an Ares Firewatch Captain and Red Samurai being back-to-back badasses. That's something that, ironically, can be far more damaging to the corps than a bunch of Shadowrunners.
>>
>>51313370
>Because they're basically hypocritical Shadowrunners. They exploit corp resources to forge their own path independent of the corps and they disregard corp boundaries for such radical situations as an Ares Firewatch Captain and Red Samurai being back-to-back badasses. That's something that, ironically, can be far more damaging to the corps than a bunch of Shadowrunners.

Imagine a world where only corps are in charge, every anarchist's head is on a pike and the fucking hippies and NANner is a corpse.

Wouldn't this be the perfect world for a Mega?
>>
>>51313421
Maybe you could try reading what I actually wrote to see why they dislike Omega Dawn. Also, SR already has a really ridiculous view of corporations but what you suggest is even more laughable.
>>
>>51312311
Me and my underground hospital/organ legging joint. Man's gotta eat, chummer.
>>
>>51311164
beat them at their own game
>>
File: 131575281.jpg (175KB, 490x349px) Image search: [Google]
131575281.jpg
175KB, 490x349px
>>51313469
>Daddy needs a seven to keep his soul
>>
>>51313265
I'm asking because I had this idea about a rigger who covers his activity by running a drone operated delivery service as his day job.

A little bit like what Amazon wanted to do but with more hidden weapons and bombs involved so the drones kinda needed to look like unarmed utility drones while still packing a bit of heat.
>>
>>51313356
>Aside from the book is there anything else I should throw at them for background?
A table should usually suffice
If not try some bricks
>>
>>51313641
Sock full of coins usually works.
>>
>>51313641
What's your opinion on doorknobs?
>>
>>51313265
>>51313514
Having just a pair of anthroform arms hanging off the bottom of a rotodrone would be a little impractical for deliveries, since purpose-built delivery drones would probably forego truly humanoid limbs in favor of something that would guarantee a reliable grip on whatever package they're handling. Have a four-set of adjustable grippers for the actual lifting/carrying of goods, and use the anthroforms as auxiliary tools, for things like recipients signing goods and knocking on doors (assuming the drone is the one doing the delivery solo while you're jumped in from a nearby van).

As for suspicion, depending on the city I wouldn't thing most people would be too suspicious of a rotodrone doing deliveries. I think either Assassin's Primer or Stolen Souls mentions a quadwheel delivery-drone with manipulator arms that was modified to kidnap people and stuff them inside its spacious package-compartment. Best you don't stray to far from your drone mind you, in case a rentacop gets suspicious about the chunky robot flying through the air lugging a big box.
>>
>>51313872

Drones being operated commercially by companies and corporations would typically broadcast their affiliation with RFIDs too, and even AR ads. Large drones lacking these can arouse more suspicion.
>>
>>51294351

Does anyone ever get pissed off when the party succeeds without a hitch?

I mean, I'm not going to be the guy who says "Lol, I don't care you still failed" because that's just a dick move, but I just really hate it when I set up a challenge for them, and they don't fail a single roll.
>>
>>51313757
ah, a real force of change
>>
When playing a Mundane individual, pretty much the ONLY way to 'keep up' with the rest of the party is through 'ware of one kind or another.

I'm looking between Bioware and Cyberwear, and other than being able to shove more Bioware into a body (Due to lower essence costs) I don't REALLY see a big advantage to choosing to go Bio over Cyber. I mean, yeah, Ideally you'd probably do both, but, is there a good excuse to ONLY go Bio? I can see plenty for ONLY cyber, but not only bio.
>>
This is probably more of a general GM question than anything else, but here goes. My 4th group wants me to run a sort of "mystery-thriller" thing. What I came up with is pretty simple: Shadowrunners are going missing (more so than usual), and Mega Corp A's Mcguffin has been stolen mid-transit by persons or corps unknown.

Here's where I'm stuck:
* What's a good way to link the missing people and the Mcguffin? Right now said Mcguffin is a shipment of valuable ore, but it can be changed to almost anything.
* How do I prevent or at least discourage my players from keeping or selling the Mcguffin once they recover it? It's not like I can threaten them with death by Dragon. Not yet, anyways.
* What sort of clues can I drop that don't require heavy hacking? There's an NPC covering that role for the party at the moment due to how long it'd take otherwise. I suppose I can drop hints from said NPC, but I don't want to feed them answers for nothing.

Aside from that, any tips on running such a game would be appreciated!
>>
>>51314016
>through 'ware of one kind or another.
or drugs
lots
of lots
of drugs

also depends on what your archetype is. For phys. infiltrators a bioware only build is better due to being harder to spot
>>
>>51314016
It's a lot harder for enemies, deckers especially, to mess with wetware than it is with chrome friend.
>>
>>51314016
>is there a good excuse to ONLY go Bio
very, VERY specific cases.
>>
>>51313969
I've had more than a couple runs miraculously turn into milk runs either through a prodigious amount of forethought/paranoia on the players' part or sheer luck when it comes to the dice rolls of the opposition.

I want to be angry but I'm honestly impressed.
>>
>>51314060

Such as? I'm not trying to be a dick, I just really want to know some options. I WANT to do a full bio build but I want it to make some form of sense.

>>51314047
limbs are hackable? Why are they even online with which to be hacked?

>>51314043
Okay, that's fair there are drugs. And I'll excuse the risks of being addicted since... Well, okay, there ARE issues there, but I mean, there's kinda issues with everything.

Is infiltrator the only way of making it work?
>>
>>51314063

If I'm being honest, if there WAS a significant amount of forethought and planning and they ghosted the thing, I would be impressed. But, no, the decker went in, the spider was paranoid and looking around (Got to do a perception roll every round), and the decker made every single roll to evade perception. She just hacked everything she wanted to, got all the information she needed, and left, without the Spider ever being any the wiser. Sure, a large number of dice rolls were ties, which I guess makes it 'close' but it's still not the same.
>>
In Shadowrun Hong Kong, are cyber weapons covered under melee weapons or unarmed?
>>
>>51313969

I'm similar, I too hate asspulling extra trouble for the players just because I think they've had it too easy.

However there's a natural consequence to a diamond run. The most common opposition in SR only care about two things: money and reputation. If you steal their shit AND make them look stupid in the process then that makes them double mad, and they'll expend more resources in tracking you down. So most of the time there's a good chance trouble will eventually find the players anyway.

Of course this doesn't always apply - an assassination against a single individual with no affiliation for example. When he's dead there's not going to be anyone who cares enough to get payback. Critters generally don't seek revenge either (though it would be pretty funny to do an awakened critter revenge plot. Especially if it involved pigeons.)
>>
>>51314163

Neither. IMO it's a waste to invest in either of those skills if you're using spurs or claws.

If you want a cyber melee fighter, your combat works like this:

To-hit = Strength and Close Combat
Damage = Strength
Critical damage chance = Cyber Affinity

Pump all those stats, along with plenty of Body. Note that if you start the game with points in Cyber Affinity then you'll be fitted with Claws from the outset - that might suit you, it might not. They can be replaced.
>>
>>51314245
Well that makes things easier.
>>
>>51314039
The Ore shipment is a disguise - a metaphorical box of potatoes. What's really being shipped is a highly advanced Throwback (non-wireless) computer chip (hence why it's being physically transfered from place to place).

This chip is one of the largest databases on Shadowrunners and their information in the world. Constantly updated, it contains the identity and information of approximately 65% of all Shadowrunners ever to take a job from a megacorp. This includes the PCs

The main antagonist is the leader of an elite group of mercenary badasses who wants to cull the Shadowrunner population so the meagacorps will have to come to him and his group of magic-cyborg-ninjas to do their wetwork. He succeeds in stealing the chip, and is slowly deciphering its encryption and killing off Shadowrunners bit by bit.

Besides just their hacker NPC, the players could also get clues from Shadowrunners/Jackpoint about strange going-ons, disappeared Shadowrunners, and strange magic-cyborg-ninja activity all over the world.

If you want to add more weird to your campaign, do the following: instead of a computerchip, what is being transfered is a computer; the world's first ever biological computer. made by Renraku out of technomancer brains and DNA, the computer cannot be interacted with wirelessly, but can still connect to the Matrix via the Resonance, making it effectively unhackable. This is why the antagonist needs the actual physical computer to conduct his nefarious schemes, instead of just sending a Decker to get the info he needs.
As well as getting rumours from other Shadowrunners, the PCs could get hints from Technomancers and rogue Resonance entities who know all their information. Wanting to know how they were found out, the PCs end up going deeper and deeper into the Resonance mystery and eventually learning about the computer and linking it with the Shadowrunner disappearances.
>>
>>51314347
>This includes the PCs
Wouldn't that mean the PCs would want to keep the chip rather than turn it back over?
>>
>>51314654
They'd want to destroy it, probably, which serves the same effect narratively as giving it over.
>>
>>51313456
The only thing you're gonna eat is Yama King pecker if you stick the fuck around. How the frag are you not losing business? Everyone blocks around should have heard about the guy who pissed off Yama Kings and superstition or not, they're not going to stick around the guy who has a bunch of horrors on his hoop.
>>
>>51313872
>>51313950
Ok so bottom line : the best way to make a drone non-suspicious is to have it broadcast advertisement at all time... noted

And I guess you're right, human hands on a flying machine would make more sense if it was meant for repair or bomb defusing than delivery. Actually, having the harms being retractile would end up the best if possible.

I just can't get over how convenient having a remote controlled flying set of hands would be. Especially considering each harm could theoretically be outfitted with hidden weapons and tools.
>>
Why doesnt Anarchy have any armour or weapons?

whats the point of it?
>>
File: 1483333937523.jpg (871KB, 1200x927px) Image search: [Google]
1483333937523.jpg
871KB, 1200x927px
is it worth using the narrative rules as a stepping stone to get my players used to the system or jump right into 5e?
>>
>>51315253
>Ok so bottom line : the best way to make a drone non-suspicious is to have it broadcast advertisement at all time... noted
Nah. The best way to make it not suspicious is to install a spoof chip and make it look like a legit not suspicious drone - both appearance and actions.
>>
>>51315671
I don't get what the problem is with the Shadowrun rules or why Anarchy is needed; I actually really like Shadowrun's crunch.
>>
>>51315682
Ok so lets say you have a character that is an absolute brute at data mining and piloting but is wimpy and a huge coward. Would it be too suspicious for him to send his flying drone to follow his party around while he's working on stuff in his van? Like just having the drone hover around in the general vicinity of a trio of shadowrunners
>>
>>51315811
Why don't you have something small or invisible for following the team? A flyspy or RPC'd drone?
>>
>>51315883
Well because knowing those party members, there will most likely be a lot of fighting involved and it would be boring having to wait half a dozen turns for my combat drones to catch up to them when shit starts. Also my character is kind of the only tech-ish one in the party so if there's anything that needs to be jury rigged, it would be a lot easier to have a set of hands I can interact through already on the spot.
>>
>>51315767
Not him, but my group is too lazy to get set up for the full game and god knows it's already hard enough to get people to read.
>>
>>51314861
I'm a good doctor and it's a free clinic, chummer. Besides, I can't leave. So I need some advice on fighting them.
>>
anyone have a link to the modular, drag-n-drop character sheet that someone posted ages ago?

It should go in the pastebin, looked very schway.
>>
>>51316079
I don't know if it's this is what you mean, but this is a good char sheet I found a while ago (don't remember where).
>>
>>51316079
This one? https://www.hades-blumenservice.de/charactersheet/
>>
So, what are some good street names for a construction rigger turned runner?
>>
File: BigCat.jpg (82KB, 736x592px) Image search: [Google]
BigCat.jpg
82KB, 736x592px
>>51316768
Big Cat.
>>
>>51305258
>I guess we could provide a direct connection to that roll20 sheet...
That would be very nice.
>>
>>51316768
Ditch Witch
>>
>Vauclair
>Verjigorm
Coincidence?
>>
>>51316939
Yes.
If anything, Verjigorm would have something to do with Aztlan somehow, seeing as making a big Horror cult is kind of his modus operandi and that's what the Smoking Mirror cult really is.
>>
>>51316768
Anything that sounds slightly similar to some construction slang word like "Rebar" or a reference to any power tool name.

Seriously, the amount of options to pick from is quite large
>>
>>51317671
I guess so.
Does that mean the PC was actually acting on Verjigorm's orders because he didn't want his high score stolen and have all the other horrors laugh at him for getting outplayed by a human?
>>
File: e82.gif (590KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
e82.gif
590KB, 500x281px
>>51316555
yekka I'd stroke your ego but I don't want to get my hands dirty. That's the fucking one.
>>
>>51314039
>>51314347

Dreamchipper is a PERFECT old school adventure to rip off and re-imagine for the current ruleset and game.
Google the premise, read the thing, and make it your own.
>>
File: 1425579573284.jpg (546KB, 1000x762px) Image search: [Google]
1425579573284.jpg
546KB, 1000x762px
How normalized are bloodsports? People have to die pretty regularly in things like Desert Wars, Urban Brawl, Combat Biker, and any other contact/combat sport where cybered/Awakened people can compete. At some point viewers are probably gonna see a man get decapitated on live trideo.
>>
>>51318179
Technically, only Aztlan has death sports, but there's a fair amount of severe injury in other sports. I'd say there's a minor delay between recording and broadcast, purely to switch feed when someone dies on camera. That footage can then be sold through less reputable channels for more money.
>>
>>51300630
Aztechnology's corporate security works in tandem with (some would say doubles as) Aztlan's special forces. They have four different groups: Jaguar Warriors, Eagle Warriors, Brave Ones, and Shorn Ones.

>Jaguar Warriors
Aztechnology's internal security; they guard all of the big-A's most sensitive labs. So-called because it's traditional upon being made a Jaguar warrior to go into the Amazon alone and kill a Jaguar, giving you the right to wear it's skin. Particularly bad-ass members will hunt and kill Jaguar shapeshifters. The tradition is falling out of favor along with Jaguar populations in the jungles bordering Aztlan, but many still hold stock in it.

>Eagle Warriors
Essentially magically-active SEAL teams, battle-hardened in the war with Amazonia.

>Brave Ones
Aztechnology's deep-cover operatives; their families and friends all either have their memory modified or are just killed to remove all evidence they exist. They operate both at home and abroad and have a large rivalry with Horizon's Dawkins Group.

>Shorn Ones
Big-A's best-of-the-best. So called because of they're distinctive hairstyle (clean shaven save for a single braid), Shorn Ones always operate in pairs: one magically active and one mundane (with the best cyberware Aztechnology can make). They're raised into the service and spend their entire lives with their partner; pray you never have to fight them.
>>
File: B-28 Gorilla Tank - Ben Mauro.jpg (142KB, 1077x741px) Image search: [Google]
B-28 Gorilla Tank - Ben Mauro.jpg
142KB, 1077x741px
>>51318179
I know Desert Wars is "nonlethal" using locking exoskeletons and stun ICE, etc.
Except for the finals, which go full crazy on live simsense.
It's the most popular goddamn thing ever.
>>
>>51318150
>>51314347
These are good starting points, thanks!
>>
>>51317857
No, I meant "yes, it's just a coincidence".
Sometimes a sad, dying man looking for somebody to blame is just a sad dying man looking for somebody to blame.
>>
>>51318243
I thought Eagle Warriors were their elite officers basically?
>>
>>51318492
Keep in mind that they're basically Aztecnology's counter to Firewatch, so there are bound to be some guys with augs to help keep up; I'm sure they're not 100% awakened. But when I had it explained to me, the basic point was that the majority were and their officers were pretty much guaranteed to be.
>>
>>51318492
>>51318523
Shit, I should have specified the main difference between them and Jaguar Warriors as I understand it.

Jaguar Warriors are mostly in-house stuff; they defend Aztechnology territory. Eagle Warriors mostly act in the actual field or in other people's territory. Like most modern countries, this isn't written in stone; retardedly-complex chains of command pretty much guarantee you can run into a squad of Jaguars out in the Amazonian jungle or run into Eagles protecting an Executive because he used to be one or just likes their armor better.

It's mostly supposed to be a hardcore science-fiction spec-ops mirror of the historical "knightly," orders of the Eagle and Jaguar Warriors; because the two existed historically, it's guaranteed that the neo-Aztecs of Mexico would fall back to them for the style and imagery, if nothing else.
>>
File: XCrawl.jpg (274KB, 894x1176px) Image search: [Google]
XCrawl.jpg
274KB, 894x1176px
>>51318235
>>51318274

I bet putting runners in televised "dungeon crawls" would make for great entertainment.
>>
>>51318673
To a degree. They prefer homegrown """runners""", because they're less likely to take a job from someone else or decide the new marketing approved uniforms are naff.
>>
>>51318553
No, I what I meant here >>51318492 was that they are NOT a special unit like the Jaguars that operates by itself.
In fact it says that they're command officers always mixed in with regular Aztechnology or Aztlan military forces and always Awakened, and always wear a special version of the usual rank patch to indicate their membership in the Eagle Warriors.
Basically regular officers with exceptional training and magical potential.
>>
>>51319091
I'll have to update my Shadowrun Special Forces copypasta shit, then. Better late than never, I suppose.
>>
Who is best Shadowrun girl and why is it dev/grrl?
>>
>>51318115
All good, it's in my collection of shit I wish I could steal for Chummer so I had it handy.
>>
>>51316060
Please don't tell me you've got someone else crawling up your hoop...

Okay, if you do, and as someone who ran around Kowloon for a little been on behalf of various kkangpae overlords, take the devil you know over the devil you don't... literally. I don't think any mages will touch that shit.

What the frag did you do, anyway?
>>
Hey, what's the most SURGE-afflicted PC/NPC you've seen that didn't fall into yiff-me-in-my-magical-realm territory, uguu catgrills, et cetera?
>>
>>51319495
Because there aren't a great range of choices, so sloppy seconds to Kane is apparently your best.
>>
>>51319788

Had a player who played a lizard boy (I say boy because he did have Neoteny), and had a pretty anime-esque looking character art.

But the character himself acted like the 30-something that he was, was an alcoholic, and would beat the shit out of you for anything magic-realm-y.

Never once did he make things weird. I'd totally play with him again.
>>
>>51319904
I tried to do something similar with a gnome once. Weirdest thing. PBP; one post where I said "Ayyy", and then everyone simply stopped posting entirely and disappeared.
>>
Is it weird for a guy to roleplay an old lady who uses magic to pretend to be a young seduction face?
>>
>>51319960
Only if you make it weird.
It's roleplaying. You're making up a role and playing it. There is nothing wrong with this, and as long as you have a character in mind who's interesting as a concept and person, go ahead and play it.
I don't see why this is even necessary on a roleplaying board. It's the basics of roleplaying. If you feel weird about this, you've probably been playing with board gamers who've been trying to convince you that playing a character is the same as wanting to be them in real life.
It's the same as writing a book where that character turns up - it's only creepy and weird if you make it so, and just like with a book, if you let other people's opinions dictate your hobbies so much, you probably have more of a problem than you could ever get from playing that character.
Tell me: Do you have a reason to make it weird? The only person who can make it weird is you.
>>
>>51320000
It may get just a little weird, but that is because I intend to use this amazing power at least partially for trolling of NPCs.
>>
>>51320025
First off, seven years of GMing have told me that players who think they're "trolling" or funny almost never are. Keep an eye on the rest of your group, because most of the time, someone's going to get fed up with your messing around and you'll have to get back to the mission at hand.
Also, do not speak in a "female voice". The whole table will cringe in on itself so hard it might vanish from existence. It is never a good idea, you can't do it and neither could the hundreds of people before you.
Finally, the one tip I have for playing female characters is this. Play them like you normally would until their gender explicitly comes up, in which case you address it. Casually shoehorning in that your character is a woman, is into men and cares about feminine things (or shoehorning in that she's a lesbian or doesn't care about feminine things, for that matter) is forced, uncanny and really fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>51320114
all acceptable, but I will keep crone voice.
>>
>>51315515
>whats the point of it?
Chummer, that's a question to could ask about Anarchy in general
>>51316048
Chummer, the regular core book is 500 pages
Anarchy has 300
It's not rules-light
It's just rules-lightER
>>
>>51320300
To be fair, a good hundred and something of them are missions and characters.
>>
>>51320415
Yekka, that still means that 100+pages are rules
That is in no way rules-light
>>
A wandering swordsman from the badlands outside of normal civilization. How do I make him viable after he wanders into a city and fate leads him to taking shadowruns?
>>
>>51294351

I'm currently playing in a game where there are two riggers in the party. My character , an AI , and his rigger bro.

Shit is awesome. Awesome like drifting in a transport truck while the samurai, foot-anchored to the roof, is shooting at combat choppers with a minigun.
>>
>>51320860

Adept powers
Gratuitious amounts of drugs + edgelording

So: almost as usual.
>>
I remember reading something about how German-version skilljack is somehow different from the regular one. What's the difference?

I'm building a MBW-3 character, and the -jack would be a nice way to provide some versatility.
>>
I've wanted to play shadowrun for about 8 years but never been able to get a group together because people don't like reading. Is there a repository for people who are looking for online games? I would prefer live over roll20 or something instead of play by post but I'll take what I can get
>>
>>51321119
0,1 essence no matter the rating and a generally much lower price, IIRC.
>>
File: _crab__by_harpiya-dauoti9.jpg (260KB, 1024x1331px) Image search: [Google]
_crab__by_harpiya-dauoti9.jpg
260KB, 1024x1331px
>>51321119
Rating * 1000¥.
>>
How conceivable would it be to have a naruto-style ninja village in shadowrun? That whole concept of what's basically a big clan/family-based mercenary group having its own concealed town, with a population of settled mostly-normal people providing support for a core of highly trained combat wizard fuckers who contract themselves out as the main source of income for the whole place. It'd basically be like an entire community of professionally trained shadowrunners.

Seems like it'd fit in pretty well, though if they weren't affiliated with a corp they'd get cracked down on quick.
>>
>>51321284
>>51321285

Thanks, hopefully my DM will agree for me to use it.
>>
>>51319495
Tight elven schoolgirl pussy for dumping your cum into and pumping BTL-levels of enhanced orgasm into her mind until her belly swells with child and her mind can only think of herself as your cocksleeve.
>>
>>51321399

'sup Haze
>>
>>51321399
are you okay
>>
>>51321324

Doable, although it does not have to be anything as specific/ powerful as "highly trained combat wizards" (and if it was - I can hardly imagine how could they stay under corps' radar for long). Gibson did it in Blue Ant books; it's been some time since I read it, but there was a kid from some kind of a Serbian shithole that tought vodoo-decorated extreme parkour to some of their kids and rented them out.
>>
>>51321324
It would be possible, but fairly odd.
Ninja organizations DO exist in Shadowrun, but they don't necessarily operate in hidden villages (which isn't a Naruto thing at all BTW, it's a Japanese folklore thing with some basis in historical fact which if I wanted I could nerd out and go into great detail over) but as covert independent paramilitary groups. One of them is actually just a regular school that you can apply to assuming you've got some Martial talent and can afford the enterence fees.

That said, out of the listed ninja organizations in the Sixth World the Koga Clan is pretty traditional and supposedly descended from THE Koga Clan of folklore, though in the Sixth World they seem to be organized around a single assassin of legendary reputation rather then a traditional grouping of families.
>>
>>51321474
>is actually just a regular school that you can apply to
What, like a high school? Seriously?
>>
>>51321503
No, like a martial arts school.
One that exists in real life if you want to get technical, the Yagyū Shinkage-ryū.
>>
>>51316939
yOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SPEAK THEIR NAMES YA GREAT BIG GOOF
>>
>>51305258
>>51316846
Try the current Nightly release, that worked for me
It has the Export JSON option
>>
>>51322079
Well,yes, I know. I wrote it. I was more talking about importing FROM Roll20 back in to Chummer. Ammo usage, nuyen gains, etc. The problem with ingesting foreign data at the moment is that there's no sanitised method for it. While remaining export-only is super great as far as our ability to remain agile and fiddle with data as we please, it means that there's no handles that external shit can connect to and do imports. Technically speaking we could allow users to launch roll20 through Chummer and watch for JSON events that would update your character file.

I'm not super interested in doing it, largely because I don't play games online, but it's at least theoretically doable.
>>
>>51313969
Every. Time.
>>
File: 0.1 Essence Loss.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
0.1 Essence Loss.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
>>51314089
>limbs are hackable? Why are they even online with which to be hacked?

Because they're better online. The new Matrix structure is basically cloud-based computing; everything gets better when it's online and can use as much processing power as it would like, instead of the limited internal structure.

You have the options of keeping it offline when you're worried about hacking, slaving it to your PAN and that to your decker for the antivirus, or getting the Internal Router cyberware.
>>
>>51319777
Other than the usual enemies we usually make, no one all that different. Triads, mostly. My mentor spirit won't let me choose the literally devils. Tried that, got yelled at.

All I did was try to make life marginally better and create a semi-ethical organ farm. But everyone gets free medical treatment and the profit I make from selling cheap painkillers to street docs is helping pay for my underground farms! I'm trying to be the change I wanna see, omae.
>>
File: Dungeon Crawl.webm (429KB, 376x282px) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon Crawl.webm
429KB, 376x282px
>>51318673
>just heard the System Mastery review of this

Fuck I want to run against DJ Devastator for the amusement of Emperor Ronald Reagan so bad.
>>
File: Cessna750.jpg (13KB, 459x219px) Image search: [Google]
Cessna750.jpg
13KB, 459x219px
>>51294351
So since we are talking about riggers and rigger needs.

I was building a character for a cuba based campaing and saw the Cessna C750 and startet to think:
> This would make a great mobile HQ

Since Cuba is mostly plains and mountains ther will be a need for increased mobility for the party.

But how do i improve my flying fortress ? and what are thing to consider ?

How do i spend around 150.000 Nuyen on a plane to make it the god of the sky ?
>>
>>51322698
Your going to need to spend considerably more than 150k to make a 146k hull into anything but a cute commuter plane
>>
>>51322698
>mountains
>get a plane instead of Chopper or the SR equivalent of a Toyota Hilux

You are doing it wrong
>>
>>51294351
Redline was one of the best movies I've seen in a while.
>>
>>51322698
>150k
no
Take a look at the Gryphon.
>>
>>51322759
150 k for upgrades, machine already paid.

>>51322819
What would be better machienes ?

>>51322848
Okay, a 3.2 million expensive VTOL, and ?
>>
>>51323259
That's a real flying fortress that's a god of the sky, ESL-man. Not a dinky 300k-at-max plane.

Anyway, you'll want a VTOL of some kind.
>>
>>51323276
Well sure, as much as almost every sammy wants a milespec armor. but i'm looking for things i can ACTUALLY start the game with
>>
I've got a lore question: Does anyone know what the fuck Juan Atzcapotzalco is?
I've heard theories that he's a horror, a cyberzombie, Or even a 4th-age Immortal Human; anyone got a better theory?
>>
>>51323308
The strongest indication of what he is actually requires you to have some Earthdawn knowledge, like many of the more mysterious parts of early Shadowrun.
Horrors could actually reanimate recently dead corpses (though undead in general weren't uncommon in the Fourth World) using a process nearly identical to cybernetic procedures involving manipulation of an individual's Pattern, which leaves them in an undead state. Cybermancy and how it works is actually implied to be some dickbag in the Sixth World remembering it/experimenting with creating it without the need of Horror magic and then others subsequently copying the method, interestingly enough.

So based on anecdotal bits of evidence in the unreleased Aztlan book he IS a cyberzombie of sorts, just of the "original" kind rather then the kind made with mechanical assistance.
>>
>>51323589
I know. I've read the book, as well as the annotations that you can find here.
http://danvolodar.ru/ancientfiles/Aztlan.html

The only problem with that theory is that it's strongly implied that the Blood Magic sacrifices happening in Aztlan temples are what's needed to keep Juan alive. A '4th-world cyberzombie' wouldn't need that much maintainance.

This does also raise the question of how the Azzies got access to magical techniques that old, especially since it's implied that all their major Blood Magic techniques, like the Gestalt and the Great Ghost Dance, are also techniques from the 4th world.
>>
>>51323697
>The only problem with that theory is that it's strongly implied that the Blood Magic sacrifices happening in Aztlan temples are what's needed to keep Juan alive. A '4th-world cyberzombie' wouldn't need that much maintainance.

I think that he needed the extra juice to stay functional being an unnatural Fourth World-style magical creation thousands of years before anything like him would be magically possible at all.
And yeah, it was long-implicated that Aztlan was taught death magic early on by some remnant of the Horrors in an attempt to speed up the process where they attacked Earth again.

Interestingly, one thing I remember reading suggests that the GGD is SUPPOSED to be a life magic ritual and not a death magic one at all, but Azlan's mysterious cult kinda perverted the process because they needed it for their own agenda.
>>
>>51323751
>Interestingly, one thing I remember reading suggests that the GGD is SUPPOSED to be a life magic ritual and not a death magic one at all
It may not even be Blood Magic at all. It may just have such a high Force (in the hundreds) that the mages who cast it are gonna die one way or another.
>>
>>51323899
Eh, overcasting's a kind of blood magic. It's just the kind that's not really seen as Blood Magic with caps and ominous intonation.
>>
>>51295477
When in doubt, Hyundai Shin-Hyung or Ares Roadmaster. The former is a fast four-seater that's easy to mod, the other is a road-legal armored minivan. Shin-Hyung if you want a high-speed, low-profile getaway vehicle. Roadmaster if you want an armored battlewagon.
>>
>>51295784
>Actually, the head of EVO got his fixed.
No, he retired from public view to dedicate himself to the search. Canonically, they have not actually found a cure - they're just trying damn hard as he barely holds on.

>>51295876
The closest you'll find is Leonization to give yourself another few decades.
>>
>>51301418
>Adrenaline Pump
Literally the worst bioware in the game.

Get a Chemical Gland (or auto-injector) loaded up with Kamikaze, plus the standard drug suite of Narco, Nephritic Screen, etc.

Like, seriously, the Adrenaline Pump isn't just garbage, it's garbage that's literally suicidal to use.
>>
File: areyounotentertained.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
areyounotentertained.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
So if I'm trying to intimidate a crowd and I just straight up murdered someone in front of them, how many bonus dice do I get for that?
>>
File: Capture.png (29KB, 848x164px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
29KB, 848x164px
>>51324695
>>
>>51324785
I don't see "just killed someone in front of them" on that list.
>>
>>51324842
+1 to +3 for physically imposing.
>>
>>51324695
+2 for physically imposing and +2 for weapon I'd say.
>>
Why is Gobbet from Hong Kong such a qt?
>>
>>51324532
I would like you to justify that position. Not saying you're wrong but it's been on my mind as to whether adrenal gland is good or not and I'd like to know your reasoning.
>>
>>51302307
Just get a pain editor.
>>
>>51325050
>gobbet
>not glory from dragonfall
>>
>>51325050
Because the ugly, smelly, unkempt girl who keeps rats in her pockets and eats hobo food is the most seemingly accessible.
>>
>>51325257
>glory from DragonFall
>not Kindly Cheng
>>
File: 1452888593779.png (198KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
1452888593779.png
198KB, 500x572px
>>51325050

Because you can't smell her.

But seriously, best girl.
>>
Ork/Troll source book confirmed by JH in the latest Hiddengrid podcast

Forbidden Arcana confirmed "an advanced book of magic rules. It has new traditions rules, new ways of doing blood magic, some Mastery rules to provide advanced ways to specialize in magic, and more."

The Book of the Lost is coming too but that's a Tarot adventure book so meh
>>
>>51325377
>new ways of doing blood magic
for what reason?
>>
>>51325396
Fuck if I know
>>
There's also Zero Day, a hacking card game that's not netrunner at all probably
>>
File: 1470748517387.jpg (111KB, 1000x639px) Image search: [Google]
1470748517387.jpg
111KB, 1000x639px
>>51325377
>advanced book of magic rules

That's exactly what we need. More metamagics to make them even better.

>Ork/Troll source book
That actually sounds interesting, but hard to imagine what is going to be in it; are they going to cover every goblinoid community on the planet? At least there will probably be some new metatypes.

Did he say anything about the technomancer book?
>>
>>51325377
Deeply concerned about the advanced magic source book giving player character accessible blood magic and Mastery being a clusterfuck like the Arts and Ways.
>>
>>51325446
The last I heard about the Techno book is that the team working on it passed some matrix stuff to the errata team. Stuff like the fading errata and other stuff that hasn't been posted.
>>
>>51325479
Hey, Nethermancers used blood magic all the time in Earthdawn and nobody looked at them that funny beyond thinking of them as weirdos. They're explicitly a PC-playable class, in fact. If this is an attempt to bring those sorts of mechanics into SR (without being explicit about it thanks to license-wackiness) then I'm all for it.
>>
Any tips for playing an Ex-Con or somebody who has a Criminal SIN? It seems super easy to get thrown back into the slammer. And having a Criminal SIN seems worse than having no SIN at all.
>>
>>51325651
Cortex bomb. Prison is for suckers.
>>
>>51325651
It definitely is worse.
>>
>>51325212
Mainly that it's literally suicidal to use.

Take a Rating 3 Adrenaline Pump, for example. When activated, depending on a 1d6 roll, it lasts for 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, or 18 full combat turns (when you'd never realistically need it to last more than 6, because what the fuck).

Once that duration ends, you take 1S per turn in which it was activated, resisted by Body+Willpower.

I'll assume you're the best possible metatype for resisting that damage - so a dwarf with Willpower 7 and Body 7. I'll also assume your GM is generous, and rule that the damage is poison, giving you an extra +2. You're looking at 16 dice to resist that damage, averaging to approximately 5 damage resisted, rounded up to 6 because, again I'm being as generous as humanly possible.

So, after a maximum of 54 seconds (less than a full minute) from the initial activation of the Adrenaline Pump, you're taking up to 18S, reduced to an average of up to 12S, which is probably enough to KO you instantly, especially if you got shot even a single time during that entire fight.

On top of all of that fucking horseshit, if you somehow remain conscious after you used it (because it only lasted 3 rounds maybe) it takes an entire goddamn hour for it to replenish its adrenaline supply, which means that you only get to use it a single time in an entire run, for less than a minute at absolute maximum, after which there's a decent chance that it'll instantly KO you.

It's not just bad bioware, it's the worst bioware in the game. At that point, you're probably better off by just having nothing whatsoever, because at least then you won't be putting yourself into a coma in the middle of a run.

Make sense, chummer?
>>
>>51325050
>Why is Gobbet from Hong Kong such a qt?
Because you have poor enough self esteem to be attracted to a girl whose mouth smells like a harbor, clothes smell like BO, and hair smells like a dumpster fire. Girl doesn't fucking wash.
>>
File: 1442436262890.jpg (227KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1442436262890.jpg
227KB, 1280x850px
>>51325651
>having a Criminal SIN seems worse than having no SIN at all

Which is why it gives you extra Karma for taking the Criminal SIN quality.

Go visit your parole officer regularly, have a system in place to keep up your regular routine and make sure the SIN is visible (never turn it off, but sometimes leave the commlink running it at home or strapped to a drone that does a discreet loop of a shopping mall/park while you are off heisting) and get really good fake SINs (and be prepared to run the fuck away if any security starts taking notice in you, you don't want to get grilled).
>>
>>51325651
>And having a Criminal SIN seems worse than having no SIN at all.
That's why it gives you points for taking it.
>>
>>51325743
>>51325753
>That's why it gives you points for taking it.

I definitely get that. But you'd think SINless people would have it much worse despite it being the standard for runners. At least people with Criminal SINs can live somewhat normally. SINless people can't even go grocery shopping, rent apartments, or go to the mall without a police officer pistol-whipping them until they disappear back into into the barrens.
>>
>>51325833
1. Places that let you pay in cash (certified credstick) don't actually check your SIN. That's an unenforced policy.

2. There are plenty of places that don't do a credit/SIN check when you're trying to live there. They're rarely Middle+ as far as lifestyles are concerned, but they exist and are readily and easily available.

It's a shadow community - emphasis on community - which makes up 25%+ of the population of most cities.

A Criminal SIN, by comparison, gets you a fucking ton of scrutiny that makes normal living in the shadow community hard as fuck, without getting you even remotely more acceptance in legitimate society.
>>
>>51323751
The great ghost dance IS Blood Magic in its purest form, its powered by the lifeforce of its participants.

Daniel Howling Coyote is doing a smaller Version of it in the last book of the trilogy where Dodger made his first appearance.
Quite a few bits of interesting stuff in there, can recommend.
>>
>>51325893
Worth noting that life willingly given makes the ritual far more powerful
>>
Could I use Phantasm to mimic suppressing fire?
>>
File: that inca feel.png (106KB, 922x882px) Image search: [Google]
that inca feel.png
106KB, 922x882px
>>51325377
>blood Magic

Oh please for the love of all, finally take blood Magic out of the "hurr durr, its so evul" Corner where it has been sitting for ages.
Fuck this shit, we had blood suckers and corpse munchers as runners for ages, why the hate against blood Magic?
>>
>>51325921
sure, but if
>one of them uses a non-analog vision enhancer
>one of them manages the roll
or
>one of them stands up
the illusion is done for
>>
File: 1481940255632.jpg (176KB, 1600x737px) Image search: [Google]
1481940255632.jpg
176KB, 1600x737px
Ah. The other /srg/ is dead, we are whole again.

>>51325953
Because it's evil. As is murdering and eating people. Both Infected runners and blood mage PCs are in the 'here are some rules for them, don't play this without talking with your GM and group about it because it's black hat as fuck.'
>>
>>51325984
It's as evil as you make it. It's why the horrors almost immediately showed up and also what stopped that from happening.
>>
>>51325885
On that note, how do runners and low-level criminals like gangers avoid getting arrested and sent to prison. Apparently the justice system is so industrialized in SR that cops and corp-sec are just looking for an excuse to put people in cuffs. How does somebody commit any sort of crime, even being SINless, without being hunted down by the army of drones, matrix spiders, and police? Crime and Punishment seems to be on the level of Judge Dredd in SR. People might as well be put on a conveyor belt to prison.
>>
>>51325984

The hell are those supposed to be?
>>
>>51325953
All of thone things are evil, there's just a varying degrees of acceptability when it comes to murdering you because theres nothing else they can eat and murdering you because this here blood spirit won't summon itself.
>>
>>51326047
Wow I fucked all that up.
>>
>>51326014
>On that note, how do runners and low-level criminals like gangers avoid getting arrested and sent to prison.
Bribes. Your typical cop is super corrupt. They want to make money, not arrest people.

>How does somebody commit any sort of crime, even being SINless, without being hunted down by the army of drones, matrix spiders, and police?
They don't give a fuck. A company is only willing to pay to track you down if they expect to make a net profit off of it. If it's more expensive to find and arrest you than they'd make by finding and arresting you, they're just going to file that shit away and write you off.

The people who go to prison are the people who were cheap to capture and didn't have enough resources to bribe their way to freedom.
>>
>>51325984
>Because it's evil. As is murdering and eating people.

>Moral Arguments from somebody who plays a game that is basically "lol, shoot people in the face for money"

mate...

I'm raging about the highly discriminating approach blood magic has seen. With basically everything else, the authors accepted that its a matter of HOW you use it.
The hate agains blood Magic is tumblr-tier.
Nobody gives a fuck if you kill some murderous fucktards who torment innocent SIN-less People and traffic childs as slaves.
But as soon as you cut them open to use their blood to summon a Spirit to kill even more bunraku-trafficers and child exploiters, you are suddenly the third supersayajin Version of Hitler?

Totally stupid.
>>
>>51326014
Law enforcement is always incompetent, easy to bribe, more interested in getting their man than getting the right man or some combination of the above.
>>
>>51325735
How dare you insult best girl?
>>
>>51326088
>But as soon as you cut them open to use their blood to summon a Spirit to kill even more bunraku-trafficers and child exploiters
No one ever does that.
>>
File: Knight Errant Buddy Cops.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Knight Errant Buddy Cops.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>51326032
One man death machines, yerzed out.

>>51326014
They do arrest tons of people, but there are reasons why they aren't marching through Barrens emptying them out. They don't need the labour for the prison-industrial complex in the way that modern companies do (yay automation), if they start handing out Criminal SINs it makes the population explode and they start needing to give people rights (and if not the criminals, then their children who will be born the offspring of SINners) and becaus having a large community that requires no governmental upkeep (or rather receives none) but purchases products is profitable.

Plus there's stuff like the section on Tacoma in Emerald Shadows, where they talk about how the cops keep their numbers super-high by cheating, not categorizing crimes immediately and classifying murders as accidental deaths if there's no obvious suspects in the first 48 hours, etc.
>>
>>51325913

...would loading your victims with "willing_sacrificial_victim.psoft" work the same way?
>>
>>51326010
Not exactly.
The blood magic you use in-game and that Aztlan uses is NOT the same kind of blood magic that the Big D used to collapse the Astral Bridge to the Horror's metaplane.
There's actually a significant difference between Life Magic and Death Magic both in practice and technique, not just usage. If you know one you do not automatically know the other by default.
>>
>>51326108
i totally would

>>51326091
Its not even law enforcement.

>blood magician does his stuff
>Vampire, Ghoul, Rapist, Pirate and murderer-for-hire cry "IMMORAL BEHAVIOR!"

Would sound like a bad joke but seems to be the current reality.
>>
>>51326141
You monster. Probably not, because I imagine there's some magical metaphysics bullshit that requires them to be "truly" willing.
>>
>>51326141

It's - at least - a pretty good plothook material.

Really, there are very few metahuman-related problems that can't be solved with some 'trodes and good personasoft.

Or that's what my Rigger believes
>>
>>51326164
>i totally would
Oh, and who would teach you how to use blood magic without eroding your morals and value for metahuman life in the process?

People who use blood magic aren't bad because blood magic is bad; blood magic is bad because everyone who uses blood magic is bad.
>>
>>51326236
nice circular logic you have there

Did it ever occur to you that people can change their opinion on stuff over their lifetimes?
>>
>>51326141
psoft is cheating
more... traditional methods of brainwashing are fair game, just watch out not to do too much Essence damage
>>
>>51326175
A bunraku puppet isn't even really aware, so they can't be willing anymore then a drone is; there's no "will" to be willing, no intent to do things.
Like, they loose all memory of what they do as one and act only along pre-programmed lines.

It's magic; it's not just about action, it's about the intent.
>>
>>51326175

Yeah, I figure someone from Aztech would have figured it out a long time ago.

>>51326186

Right? Putting people under BTL-based personasofts have been my team's go-to method of interrogation. Does not require unreliable torturing or valuable chemicals, leaves almost no trace and takes little time.

I suspect we started doing it mostly because our Matrix-specialist is a MC fetishist IRL, but hey, the guy deserves some magical realm for learning the rules.
>>
>>51326266
Addendum:
The notion that the learning of blood Magic requires you to forfeit the ability to distinguish between different human people has no base in anything.
Or in another words:
If a Vampire can choose whom he wants to suck dry and a ghoul can choose whom he wants to eat, a blood magician sure as hell can choose for himself who whe wants to sacrifice and for what goal he wants to do it.

Sure, it can be "anybody, as long as it makes Aztlan great again", but it as well can be "toxic members of the society to help the poor ones"

Stuff gets a lot more interesting as soon as you ditch the simplistic "black vs white" mentality.
>>
>>51326164, >>51326236, >>51326266
See >>51326146
There's actually a metaphysical difference. Interestingly, PROPER blood magic (called "Life Magic" as it requires sacrifice of your life) of just kills your
self and nobody else at all.
The blood magic you learn through the metamagic technique is a perverted version of it's original usage (dubbed "Death Magic" as it is fed by the energy of the death of someone other then yourself), and thus the proper blood magic is effectively lost to anyone who isn't an Immortal Elf or Great Dragon.
>>
>>51326372
Kinda weird that they don't teach it.
>>
>>51326266
Not when it comes to treating people like walking sacks of fucking magical powerups, it won't. You don't suddenly appreciate the value of other people after years of studying to take their life to power YOUR spells, to advance YOUR agenda, at the cost of THEIR life. You might have good intentions now, but power corrupts and chummer, this kind of power isn't dif fervent.

You won't be some dark avenger, or hero of the downtrodden, or champion of the meek. You're going to walk into the Barrens and when you see that you have full, unlimited, unhindered access to walking meatballs no one important will ever miss, you're gonna to cut them open and you're gonna do some real evil shit.
>>
>>51326372
Daniel HC was neither an Elf nor a Great Dragon and the great Ghost Dance is working exactly as you describe Life Magic (the Dancers had to be willing to give their life if necessary). So, I'd put heavy doubts on the "nobody knows it anymore" part.
>>
>>51326266
>Did it ever occur to you that people can change their opinion on stuff over their lifetimes?
Oh I'm keenly aware of it. That's how a poor schmuck like you who somehow gets the idea in his head that "I'm going to use blood magic to do good!" turns into a murderous psychopath who'd gut an orphan just to fuel the Detox spell that's going to clear up your hangover after he's been training under a master blood mage for a year or two.

>>51326348
>but it as well can be "toxic members of the society to help the poor ones"
But it never is. Seriously, this is some "muh good aligned necromancer and his skeleton farmers" persecution complex you have going on here.
>>
>>51326407
It's dangerous to overuse for at least the same reasons Death Magic is (spikes mana way past the levels it should be at at this early point in the Sixth World), but also it kind of requires a significant amount of selflessness to employ.

I mean, who in the Sixth World would be interested in magic that ONLY works by seriously injuring yourself for selfless reasons that specifically don't involve hurting people so you can't even suicide bomb people with it?
It's a magic that is fueled by selfless action and selflessness is kind of a rare commodity in Shadowrun.
>>
>>51326409
>Not when it comes to treating people like walking sacks of fucking magical powerups, it won't. You don't suddenly appreciate the value of other people after years of studying to take their life to power YOUR spells, to advance YOUR agenda, at the cost of THEIR life. You might have good intentions now, but power corrupts and chummer, this kind of power isn't dif fervent.

Same argument could apply to Vampires ghouls, mind Control Magic and a fuckton of other "legit" (according to the Setting) stuff.
So, nah, not much of an argument except for "its evil because i think so".

I stand by my notion of "you worldview is to simplistic for me".
>>
>>51294351

Hello, /srg/.

It's convenient that the /srg/ topic of the day is riggers because that is what I'm on right now. On that note, a touch of exposition.

I am new to Shadowrun (as in I am on my first character, second-ish session). Due to a lack of understanding, I kinda sorta fucked up my build a bit, and my GM is cutting me some slack and letting me do a minor do-over.

I know I don't know enough about Shadowrun right now. Having said that, does /srg/ have an "Idiot's Guide to Riggers" or anything of the sort? Like, a checklist of "you should have these things, you want to remember these rules, et cetera" for a new guy? Actually, an "Idiot's Guide to Shadowrun" would also be good.
>>
File: Picard Facepalm.jpg (90KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Picard Facepalm.jpg
90KB, 1440x1080px
>>51326418
>Alignment

Oh for fucks sake, why did i even bother to argue with somebody who takes the D&D Alignment Wheel seriously.

Have fun putting morals in neatly arranged little boxes with labels on them, so you never have to break out of your simple worldview
>>
>>51326465
No one is arguing that they aren't evil, or that using MC isn't evil, sportsfan. The salient point here is that Blood Magic practiced now, in its current form, is fucking evil bad wrong nasty. Moral relativism only goes so far but when you're claim you can be fucking Batman when you cut people open to fuel spells to cut more people open ad infinitum because you think they're bad, you're only deluding yourself.

But I guess by your enlightened worldview, Aztechnology is just misunderstood and rape can be used for good.
>>
>>51326468
check the fucking OP pastebin
>>
>>51326559

I am blind and stupid and also a little bit sorry.
>>
>>51326507
>somebody who takes the D&D Alignment Wheel seriously.
Nice projection, faggomax. Why don't you just admit that you want all the power that comes with blood magic but don't want to pay the price the setting has defined for it and be done with this discussion?
>>
>>51326507
The parallel is applicable though. By the laws established in universe by shadowrun Blood magic is inherently a bad thing, because it primarily stems (or did) from the horrors and it's use regardless of intent hastens their return. It's if not unambiguously evil definitely unambiguously deleterious. There is no arguing around this. It's as retarded as trying to argue moral relativism in D&D, a setting where good and evil are quantifiable and measurable. It's called internal logic, and it's far more important to a fictional setting that it obey it's own established rules than your preconceived notions of how the real world works.
>>
>>51326465
First of all, your vampire argument, there is a fine difference between "needing it to life AT ALL" and "powering my fireball spell to burn rent-a-cops down".

Also bloodmagic gets LITERALLY stronger by using unwilling targets. sure you could just slit your own wrists, but that's just inefficient and you should just use reagents which pop up on the side of the road and don't need a live sacrefice.
>>
>>51322072
>sorry bucko the human brain can't comprehend having a flying hand much like how it can't comprehend having a third arm or leg
>but a flying eye is a ok!
>>
>>51326468

What, specifically, about your build is fucked-up? This will help us give better advice.

At a high level, as a rigger you're going to have to decide on two things up-front.

- Are you going have a bunch of drones you will mostly be commanding around, or just a couple that you will spend most of your time jumped into?
- Are you going to be an active combatant (a boot rigger) or stay in the car and command your drones from there (van rigger)?

Both of these questions are to some extent a continuum, but at the end of the day if you try to be good at both you'll be bad at each, so pick one and go from there.

For attribute selection, your top priorities will likely be LOG, WIL, and REA. REA is used for vehicle skills, LOG is for electronic warfare, Matrix actions, and RC gunnery, and WIL allows you to resist biofeedback damage. Jump-in riggers want to prioritize REA to max out their piloting abilities, and drone commanders want LOG to keep their drone army up and running despite noise and hackers.

For skills, the 12/10/8 rule applies: Your primary skills should have a dice pool of at least 12, your secondary skills 10, and your other important abilities should have at least 8.
>>
The Karma method of making characters in Run Faster: is it worth it? Should I just be using Sum-to-Ten for everything?
>>
>>51327963
Sum-to-Ten is pretty solid, the karma method encourages a shallower and broader specialization.
If party roles are already murky or you want everyone to be sort of competent at a wide array of stuff then karmagen is alright.
>>
>>51327963
Its better for some character builds, especially ones that require only one or two higher attributes like a Drone Rigger. Build the 'core' of the character using sum-to-10 and Karmagen and see which one has more leftover resources.
>>
File: 1363291268060.jpg (409KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
1363291268060.jpg
409KB, 532x800px
>>51326698
>internal logic
>shadowrun

Now you are REALLY stretching it

>>51327037
"Unwilling targets" is really a non-argument.
The terrorist trying to blow up a bus with people is also an absolutely unwilling target for my .308.
Killing him is still a Moral choice.

Same thing with blood Magic.
There is nothing wrong in killing bad People in a way that enables you to kill even more bad People.
Especially if the one thing that could be used as a counter-argument (it supposedly [no clear line here and the original authors all left the boat] originating from the Horrors) is so fucking obscure that basically nobody except for some high-Level GM tool class PCs like Clownface has any INGAME knowledge about this.
>>
>>51327963
Entirely dependent on the character in question. From my experience though:

Priogen is for building tall
Kgen is for building wide
S10 is for picking an array that breaks things.
>>
>>51328112
>There is nothing wrong in killing bad People in a way that enables you to kill even more bad People.
You might as well be an Insect or a Toxic Shaman with that mindset.
>>
I'm reading a murder mystery set in the Aztec empire and the main character guy is a priest who always cuts his earlobes or uses small animals like birds for his magics
>>
>>51328162
Toxic yes, under certain conditions.
Some toxics require the permanet Alteration of all of their environment to something fitting their liking, so that might be a problem.
Insect not so much since you are playing as somebody who sees all non-insects as a future host.
The only one that could work in a campaign would probably be Mantis, since she fights against other insect Spirits.
It was Mantis, wasn't it?
>>
>>51328275
>Toxic yes
Oh Christ, you're too far gone to even be denying it.
>>
>>51322698
Which edition?

>>51323697
From what I remember, this goes to the idea that, uh, basically its Dunklezahn's fault.

So his overarching thing is 'fuck the horrors, because technology is the thing that's gonna make a difference, right?'
And the regular magic of earthdawn is a lot like blood magic of shadowrun.
And dunklezahn was on the aztec board of directors at some point or another.
So he pretty much embezzled/gave/helped develop cyberzombies as a potential weapon against the Horrors.
>>
So, question about the Renraku Archology.
A somewhat deranged AI trapped 100k people in a large building for around 2 and a half years, made it into a death camp, and dropped the number by 94k.
So was the building that secure, or were the rescuers lazy?
>>
>>51328485
Yes.
>>
>>51328112
>There is nothing wrong in killing bad People in a way that enables you to kill even more bad People.
Anon, this Shadowrun we're talking about, not your angsty YA novel starring Faust Junior. You're going to not only kill a few good people in your career, but you're going to ruin the lives of many other good people. Your repeated insistence that "I'M ONLY GOING TO USE IT ON BAD PEOPLE SO IT'S FINE" tells me that you know exactly fuck-all about what being a shadowrunner, let alone being a shadowrunner who uses blood magic, would entail.
>>
>>51327365

THANK YOU

Holy shit I didn't understand until THIS what the fuck was wrong with my kit.

A friend who knew more was throwing some basic stuff about Riggers at me and telling me how to build it a bit and that's what went wrong, and I didn't understand until just now.

I planned on being a van rigger, but I was built and statted like a boot rigger.

Is there any more advice for van rigging, or is that just "dig it up"?
>>
>>51328485
The building was that secure and Deus had hostages.
Most importantly, however, is that Renraku didn't want to take back the Arcology with an army, cause that would have leaked their secrets leaked.

Also, while we're on the topic of the Arcology, what was hidden in Room 1835, and did that information survive the Jormungand Virus?
>>
>>51328548
Get a high Gunnery skill, so you can take advantage of your Drones' weapons when jumped in. Use lots of sensors so your team knows exactly where everyone is all the time.
>>
>>51327365
>LOG is for electronic warfare, Matrix actions, and RC gunnery
How does logic interact with drone gunnery? As far as I can tell it's either Pilot + Autosoft (if using RC) or Gunnery + Agility (if jumped in).

I really love the idea of being a boot rigger with a small army of drones to back me up, but holy shit am I bad at anything in this system beyond single person street sam/adept combat. Please advise.
>>
>>51328618
Which attribute gunnery uses while jumped in is heavily debated, so ask your gm (you don't have one, do you?) because the book mentions both.
>>
>>51328618
>Gunnery + Agility (if jumped in)
Go read p183 of the core book.
>>
>>51328615

At risk of being spoonfed, this is my first shadowrun character and how I understood it I would want to be a rigger in the future, what skills should I be digging up specifically? Pilot various types and gunnery sounds about obvious, but my friend neglected to mention Electronic Warfare as a thing to be aware of so now I'm a bit skittish about it.
>>
>>51328651
>heavily debated
There's the section on Gunnery, which is right, and any other references, which are wrong.
>>
>>51328682
>>51328698
By the way, if I'm firing a vehicle-mounted gun in meatspace but I have to use a control stick for it, I roll Gunnery with Logic, right?
>>
>>51328548

Not that guy, but

1) Do not buy the command console if you want to focus on driving. All you need is the implant; console is useful only while commanding armies of drones (you can handle one or two by jumping in/ commanding). A lot of people try to always buy both and waste a lot of money.

2) Consider another subspecialization. Being the designated driver is fun, but the session will not always call for a driver. With a high LOG you should be a passable medic and demolitions guy. High REA on the other hand, means that you'll be going before a lot of other dudes, so (providing you do not want to invest in combat skills too heavily) remember to use covering fire and/ or put a point or two in grenades.

3) Always grab some basic social and combat skills, so as not to be a liability for the team.

4) Use the drones creatively; buy one or two even if you are going to mostly drive around. Drones are everywhere, and some of those avaible to you are disposable and/or hard to notice. You can get a good look at any target without getting too much of their attention, secure the perimeter easily or tape a grenade to a flying eye and have it deliver the payload via vent ducts. Fun!
>>
>>51328651
>>51328682
>>51328698
Gotcha. The skill section states that firing vehicle-mounted weaponry is gunnery + agility, but page 183 states that doing so is [weapon skill] + agility for manual targeting or gunnery + logic for remote control - which would be used with drones via a RCC, I imagine. I also assume that you can only remote fire one drone's weaponry yourself as a complex action - the other drones use pilot + autosoft to fire.

>>51328778
>Use the drones creatively; buy one or two even if you are going to mostly drive around.
Holy shit this. Even my extremely limited knowledge can glean the usefulness of, say, a lockheed optic with a shitload of sensors hovering around on overwatch.
>>
File: 1364821813928.png (79KB, 426x382px) Image search: [Google]
1364821813928.png
79KB, 426x382px
>>51328302
Wow, for somebody playing a game of dubious criminals-for-hire you surely have some strange moral compass
>>
>>51328275
Mantis still sees all non-insects as future hosts. She would do so even if there were no other insect spirits to fight. It's just what they do, they're alien intelligences.
>>51329115
Dubious is dubious, that's like, shooting a couple of corpsec because no witnesses or whatever. Wanting to end the world as we know it, like all toxics do, is something else entirely.
>>
>>51329115
See
>>51328546
It's a game about being morally dubious criminals-for-hire, and you're insisting that you'd only use blood magic to hurt bad people. Either you're lying to me, or you're lying to yourself.
>>
>>51328830
So let me see if I understand this:

I'm a boot rigger, with 2 rotodrones slaved to my RCC. Both have ares alphas because of course they do, and I'm staring down a group of gangers that are in over their head.

On my turn, I can use the control device matrix action to tell both of my drones to fire on the ganger's leader. This is a complex action because Fire Vehicle Weapon is a complex action.

On the drones' turn, they fire. Because both drones receive the exact same command with the exact same target, they both get my full dicepool, which is gunnery + either agility or logic (which is DM fiat at this point, but working this way it makes more sense to use logic).

The ganger's leader is now paste. The gangers go and do their thing, firing on the drones. The drones use pilot + autosoft for defense, since this is an automatic response and not a direct command from me. However, if they took the full defense action, they would add my willpower to the defense, since I am controlling them.

Next pass. I decide to spread the fire out, attacking one target with each drone. This can be done with a single complex action, but splits my gunnery dicepool similarly to taking the multiple attack action in combat.

Alternatively, I could directly command one drone and just tell the other drone to fire. The one I'm commanding gets my full gunnery dicepool, while the other attacks with it's pilot rating + autosoft.

That about right?
>>
>>51329232
If you are not jumped in, the drones use their own stats to shoot (rolling pilot rating + autosoft rating usually).

The RCC just lets you order multiple drones at once and share autosofts. You can command drones individually using just a commlink, but they will be limited to whatever autosofts they have loaded on themselves.

You are correct that drones roll autosoft + pilot rating for defense, though which autosoft is used for this has never been stated (I use evasion personally).
>>
>>51329324
>If you are not jumped in, the drones use their own stats to shoot (rolling pilot rating + autosoft rating usually).

p.238, Control Device action explicitly calls out firing drone mounted weaponry as gunnery + agility, and does not assume being jumped in. You could even do that with a commlink or deck, albeit with only a single drone.

And for defense autosofts, I think it's actually maneuvering - evasion only evades sensor lock-ons, while maneuvering is the pilot [vehicle] skill. It's deceptive, I know.
>>
>>51329223
There is literally no argument in the linked post.
And no "you are playing it wrong, you know nothing Jon(son) Snow" isn't an arguemt.

>It's a game about being morally dubious criminals-for-hire, and you're insisting that you'd only use blood magic to hurt bad People

Acting outside the established executive channels to bring some good to the world IS morally dubious, doesn't matter if you just kill a few gangbangers with a full-auto Shotgun or kill one silently and let the summoned blood Spirit take care of the rest.
So, really no contradiction there.
Blood Magic is a /tool/ and its exactly as evil as the deeds you are performing with it.
So basically anything between very dark and light Grey (or actual white if you believe in extrajudical lethal punishments).
>>
>>51329232
1. "Your RCC manages several parallel connections at once, so you can give a command to one, all, or some of your slaved drones with the same Simple Action. This
multi-connection also lets you jump from one slaved drone to another without first jumping out of the drone you’re leaving. Commands issued from your RCC are acted on during the drone’s Action Phase, not yours." Page 267.

2. Your Drones don't use your Gunnery + LOG (its LOG 100%, check pg. 183) unless you are jumped into that Drone or you are remotely firing. For example, firing a turret from inside a car using a commlink. They roll their Pilot Rating + (Ares Alpha) Targeting Autosoft Rating when firing on their own.

>>51329324
I think Manuevering is a better choice because it represents a Piloting skill, whereas Evasion represents a Stealth skill.

>>51329408
Baby Rigger definitely /could/ Control Device using his RCC, but its definitely the inferior option unless he /really/ needs his Gunnery + AGI dice pool for a shot with his drone.
>>
>>51328759
Remote Control = no physical contact with the weapon. Manual Control = physical contact with the weapon.
>>
>>51329448
>Acting outside the established executive channels to bring some good to the world
Except that's not the Shadowrunner's job, dipshit. The Shadowrunner's job is to do whatever Mr.Johnson hires him to do. If Mr.Johnson hires you to rob a bunch of street clinics of their anesthetics so he can sell them to junkies, that's your job. If Mr.Johnson hires you to destroy a rival corporation's cure for the common cold so that his own company can secure a monopoly with their own cure, then that's your job. If Mr.Johnson wants you to kill a politician's girlfriend and frame him for it, then that's your job. If Mr.Johnson wants you to kill, hurt or ruin the lives of good people, then that's your job. Don't delude yourself into thinking that runners are good guys.
>>
>>51328112
>(it supposedly [no clear line here and the original authors all left the boat] originating from the Horrors) is so fucking obscure that basically nobody except for some high-Level GM tool class PCs like Clownface has any INGAME knowledge about this.

This is pretty fair actually, sort of like playing a character who doesn't believe being a heavy smoker is harmful to your overall health because the game takes place in a time period prior to science having definitively proven that smoking is harmful.
>>
>>51329549
>2. Your Drones don't use your Gunnery + LOG (its LOG 100%, check pg. 183) unless you are jumped into that Drone or you are remotely firing. For example, firing a turret from inside a car using a commlink. They roll their Pilot Rating + (Ares Alpha) Targeting Autosoft Rating when firing on their own.

p.265, Complete Control:
vehicles can be controlled in 4 ways: manual, remote, jumped-in, or autopilot. Remote is the result of a control device action.

p.238, Control device action.
You control your device using your commlink as a video game controller (RCC can sub for a commlink here). You use the skill and attribute rating you would use if you were performing the action manually. It explicitly calls out drone weapon usage as gunnery + agility here (though p.183 contradicts this, saying it would be logic instead. Either way . . .)
It goes on to say this: "You can use this action to control multiple devices at once. If you are the owner of all devices being commanded and they are all being commanded to do exactly the same thing, taking this action costs nothing extra. Otherwise, you must split your dice pool into a number of groups equal to the number of devices you want to control with a single action." Ergo, commanding two identical drones to fire two identical Ares Alphas at the same target means they both use your full pool.

If you want to fire at two separate targets, you either have to split your gunnery dice pool between the drones, or remote-control one drone while commanding the other to fire on autopilot, which would be pilot + autosoft. You would also have to use autopilot if you wanted to do anything else on your turn, such as firing your own Ares Alpha.
>>
File: 1353696143004.gif (1020KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
1353696143004.gif
1020KB, 400x229px
>>51329683
>he does every shit some Johnson offers him for Nuyen.

Literally below wagecuck tier, you just lost absolutely all argumentative grounds against blood Magic.

>Don't delude yourself into thinking that runners are good guys.

Don't delude yourself into thinking that everybody is such a sad&pathetic Johnson.-slave as you are, that can't even afford to decline run offers.
>>
Who is your Shadowrun waifu?
>>
>>51328434
>And dunklezahn was on the aztec board of directors at some point or another.

He was, but not enough to outvote the entire board. Basically he just did it to make Aztechnology's job harder, and when he gave his shares away he gave it to an extremely normal but very decent man whom he knew would continue the practices, though that guy's been nearly assassinated so many times that his OWN life is miserable.
>So he pretty much embezzled/gave/helped develop cyberzombies as a potential weapon against the Horrors.
Aztechnology didn't originate the technology as a point of fact as far as anyone knows, and actually cyberzombies are the OPPOSITE of what he wanted since the "hazing" affect they create is actually directly related to the Horrors; Horrors cause that hazing affect in a sense to "terraform" the Astral space of our dimension to something resembling their own, making it easier for them to stay here and harder for folks here to oppose them.
That huge moving fog in France was highly suggested to be that too, especially by Frosty in one like of dialogue.

Interestingly, the Maya Cloud over Tiber seems KIND OF similar, but rather then working for the Horrors it works AGAINST them, sort of inverting the affect and creating a natural Astral fortress.
>>
>>51329775
Chummer, I legitimately do not understand what you are arguing for here.

If you use your RCC to command 2 Roto-drones to fire at two separate targets, they roll Pilot + Autosoft. This is the same as if they are firing at 2 different targets. You don't have to use Control Device to command your drones.
>>
>>51328589
It's a computer room that was there to monitor Deus's growth and development as an AI and served no other purpose.
The issue for Renraku is that if the room was opened and people figured out what it was for then it would RUIN them, as right now nobody knows exactly where Deus came from and absolute proof that Renraku created him deliberately (albeit with technology they didn't fully understand) would mean that they are at least partially directly responsible for Crash 2.0, which would fuck up their public relations something fierce AND cause many people to want revenge, including many megas.

I mean they took a huge hit just because they CONCEALED Deus, imagine how bad a hit it would be if people found out that they created him and spent years letting him grow and do his thing before it got out of hand!
>>
>>51329785
>not realizing that those are only entry-tier coldhearted bastard runs
>missing the point this hard
Shadowrunning isn't a business for good people, and the fact that you won't shut up about how good you are and how you will only use blood magic on bad people is a big flashing neon sign that tells me you're full of shit.
>>
>>51329897
You don't HAVE to, but you CAN. And in doing so you can command a small army of drones to all fire in tandem at a single target, getting YOUR full gunnery dice pool to do so, rather than their autosoft rating. It's like you don't want to direct 4 rotodrones to fire at a cyberzombie with 16-dice each (Codeslinger (Control Device) would apply here).
>>
File: Uhhhh.gif (2MB, 317x229px) Image search: [Google]
Uhhhh.gif
2MB, 317x229px
>>51329683
>>
>>51329931
>(albeit with technology they didn't fully understand)
How do they not understand the technology they created him with?
I understand not figuring out how he was created at all, but not even understanding the basic technology?
>>
>>51330057
It's old metaplot stuff, so while I can answer the real questions to ask are "do I actually care" and "do I want to know when speculating is more fun"?
>>
>>51330025
That's the simple truth of it. And if you have any business running the shadows, you'll take those jobs, not because you need the money, not because you can't afford to have your reputation damaged, but because your morals are too questionable to see a problem with any of those runs.
>>
>>51328589
>>51329931

http://web.archive.org/web/20080317001142/http://ancientfiles.dumpshock.com/Dunk_Will.htm

To the first party to determine what lies behind the door of room 1835 in the Renraku Arcology in Seattle and report their findings to the Draco Foundation, I leave 5 million nuyen.

This bequest was raised to 8 million nuyen after the Arcology was shut down.

Room 1835 does not physically exist in the arcology, but rather is a virtual space within the Arcology's self-contained matrix. The enigmatic immortal elf decker Leonardo created the room to monitor the Arcology computer systems for signs of artificial intelligence.

It has not been officially stated whether this bequest has been awarded yet.

Portfolio of a Dragon: Dunkelzahn's Secrets, Renraku Arcology Shutdown, Brainscan

>>51329931

see also
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Megaera
>>
>>51329847
My Cyberdeck.
>>
>>51330196
The only true answer.
>>
>>51328112

You say that now, but sometime in the next two years you'll find yourself rolling out to the barrens to kidnap random bums to recharge your blood magic before a run. Long before that you'll have thought "well so what if I keep some gangers tied up in my basement to power my blood magic. They're bad after all right? So I'm still a good guy right?".

It's one way people get suckered into this kind of thing, by convincing themselves they'll be the one exception. It's pretty arrogant thinking really, that you're so much better than everyone else so you'll be able to do everything perfectly. You know, instead of slipping down the same slopes as every other known practitioner.
>>
>>51330277
Not him guy but you KNOW it's just a game right?
Literally anything can happen and there's a thick veneer of disassociation with the character and you in-game, and furthermore as it's fiction literally any explanation is viable; if the guy's GM wants to reveal that blood magic works because blood is made out of trapped faeries and human sacrifice frees them and so they give you magic boosts for it then it is absolutely true for his game.

Chill out.
This ain't Shadowland or JackPoint and shit ain't real.
>>
>>51330360
>there's a thick veneer of disassociation with the character and you in-game
So the character is arrogant and bound to go down the slippery slope and anon is stupid for not realizing it.
>>
>>51330371
No, it isn't.
You never addressed the rest of my statement; since it's NOT REAL and therefore the player sees, feels, and hears nothing of what the character does there's less immersion then even when you get a videogame.

Never played a blood magic character myself, but was in an old game with one and he really just killed enemies in combat because he was only halfway paying attention to the game at all. He never even first advocated lethal force at any point in the game, just when it came time to do it he often used it to boost his spells.
He wasn't "corrupted" at any point of the game and didn't start killing innocents because he never paid any more attention then halfway at any time and thus his real life actions override any fictional motives his character might have.
>>
Had anyone here ever actually got their hands on one of the prohibitively expensive Fairlight decks?
>>
>>51330450
Not in 5e, no.
>>
>>51330463
In another edition?
>>
Didn't Chummer used to show you the equations for your skills when you hovered over them in the skills section? Also didn't you used to be able to select the arm so it'd properly use cyberarm stats?

Or am I just imagining things?
>>
>>51330476
3e, yes.
>>
>>51330434
So some guy played a blood mage who wasn't a total monster because he didn't know how to RP. That's great and all, but it's got nothing to do with the initial argument of "muh whitehat blood magic".
>>
>>51330517
Was it orgasmic?
>>
>>51330534
That just kinda proves my point though, and I guess his too but I honestly have no idea what you guys are even arguing about at the core since the definitive canon explanation was posted WAY up-post and everything else is just for argument's sake

Basically, nothing is predestined about anything in an SR character because it's all made up fantasyland bullshit where anything real-life relevant instantly overrides canon if the GM allows it.
You have junk like 2D's storytime happening and even crazier and sillier stuff that HAPPENS despite it not making any internal sense in-universe because the GM is effectively God for his game and anything he says is okay goes, which means a blood mage is only "destined" for corruption if a GM cares enough to actually enforce it and the player wants to roleplay it.

There's not even rules for that sort of thing written anywhere in the game so it's pretty much just a "meh, whatever" in the game as far as the creator's are concerned.
>>51330537
Was fun, but 3e's Matrix rules being what they were it was also kind of clunky atimes.
>>
Drone rigger shit-stirrer here, did some outside research, here are my findings:

0. there is no official errata on any of this shit.
1. Controlling drones via RCC can be done in three ways: using the simple Send Message action to send them an order, which they complete on autopilot, using the Control Device action to RC one or more drones (action varies, usually a complex action), or jumping into a drone and rigging it.
2. You CAN RC multiple drones at once if they are all doing the same thing, but there are some limitations; they have to either be the same model or at least have the same capability (telling your steel lynx to increase altitude probably results in an error after all), and they can't all fire at the same target without splitting your gunnery dicepool (because they can't use the same firing solution due to being in different physical locations, even if they're only off by a few feet). This helps rein in the craziness a bit, and means it's only really useful for sensor overwatch or flying in formation.
3. On gunnery: Seems like it's be gunnery + logic if using remote control, and gunnery + agility if using manual control. The book also calls out using a weapon skill with manual control, so I guess you use whichever has the larger dicepool.
>>
File: pascal_by_sharpwriter.jpg (216KB, 1024x1440px) Image search: [Google]
pascal_by_sharpwriter.jpg
216KB, 1024x1440px
I always seem to release new builds at the tail end of a thread.

Chummer Build 5.190.0 is now available: https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/tag/5.190.0

This rollup-build is largely bug fixes again, but we have some new UI improvements that I'd like to go through. First off, we've now got a JSON Export option available for career mode characters, accessible through the Export option in the File menu. This allows exporting Chummer's 'print' data to third party services such as Roll20. For further details, please see this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/5ok5qe/roll20_charactersheet_chummer_import.

We've also made it easier to report issues; if Chummer crashes, you'll see a 'Create New Issue' button. Clicking that link will open our issue tracker in your default browser, with some details pre-filled. As ever, if you have an issue or feature request the easiest way to get it noticed is to raise it as an issue on GitHub (http://issues.chummer.net), but you can also contact us via Slack (https://join.chummer.net) or here, of course. We do appreciate the submission of crash reports via the Crash Handler, but it is substantially easier for the team to collaborate and keep track of Github issues.

As a final note, I've received some complaints lately that quirks in Chummer's behaviour can cause corruption of characters, rendering them unusable. I've not seen this behaviour myself, but I can appreciate the frustration this could cause. If it happens to you, or anyone you're playing with, please contact me directly either here or via [email protected] and I will do the best I can to fix it in a timely manner.
>>
Whats the best way of removing multiple initiative passes?

I was thinking about lumping all their actions into a single round so combat doesnt take so long
>>
NEW THREAD

>>51331526
>>51331526
>>51331526
Thread posts: 372
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.