[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...Identity Spoofed ...Encryption Keys Generated ...Connecte

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 63

...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>51238015
>sexual_predator_vampiress.sim
>shiawase_idoll_class_4_users_manual.zdf
>astral_kamasutra.knwsft
>flowershops_of_seattle.shpsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 250 (70% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message: "does this make me look fat"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running normal_girlfriend.BTL...

>watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever stick it in the crazy

Freaky girlfriends edition
>>
File: commit.jpg (98KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
commit.jpg
98KB, 480x270px
>>51291272
Aaaaaaand I fucked the OP up a tiny bit. Forgive me, my brothers of /srg/.
>>
File: 1484547978766.png (302KB, 490x457px) Image search: [Google]
1484547978766.png
302KB, 490x457px
To the anon from last thread who had this tanktroll in his group:

Look up the Ares Screech rifle from Run&Gun.
Does mental Damage that ignores ALL Armor and is resisted solemly with WIL.

Liberal use of Stick-n-Shock Salvos might also do the trick.
Also don't let him buy hits on the soak rolls.
I'm playing a Human with 30 Soak and constantly roll horrible when getting hit.
Ended the last Session with 9 filled Boxes.
>>
File: tumblr_nxkra0hLbw1sowec6o1_1280.png (249KB, 540x816px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxkra0hLbw1sowec6o1_1280.png
249KB, 540x816px
>Freaky girlfriends edition

My Human Face\Gunslinger has two current girlfriends
>scottish troll fomori with red hair - they have huge fights and then she drags him into the bedroom for snu snu
>they broke up because he didn't want to leave miami
>he also kicked alcohol and replaced it with drugs
>girlfriend 2 is an orc lifeguard
>very fit, very thicc
>relationship is on the rocks because she thinks shadowrunning is too dangerous, and he can't slow down his life
>he tells her its cool, then takes a double dose of long haul, some kamikaze, does two runs back to back, and then passes out for three days
>>
How much bloodlust do your runners stomach? I know the high speed low drag opinion is to kill as few people as possible, but when it comes to the people you do kill how far is too far?

I'm thinking of making a character that thinks of himself a modern Scythian, so he'd take scalps and heads. Maybe indulge in a little ritual cannibalism. Too far?
>>
>>51291332
>My Human Face\Gunslinger has two current girlfriends
Question: what's a good balance of face and gunslinger to get in an Adept, and how do I get it? Sure, being a great face gets you and your team more money for a job well done, but when bullets start flying you don't want to be anything approaching useless.
>>
>>51291373
>Maybe indulge in a little ritual cannibalism
TOO FAR
mostly because people might mistake you for a ghoul/blood mage
>>
>>51291373
>Too far
If he becomes an unnecessary liability, he went to far.
>>
>>51291415
He might actually be a ghoul. I don't know yet.
>>
>>51291404

I honestly don't know
My Face\Gunslinger is also team Armorer and Wheelman - hes also the closest thing to a hacker considering the rest of the team consists of two shamans a ninja physical adept.

I was spread out around several different things but I never noticed the lack.
>>
>>51291429

Well according to general consensus in the last thread, playing an infected is frowned upon
>>
>>51291331

I think a Nerve Strike adept could also be a good answer, since they don't allow soak.
>>
>>51291373
My streetsam knows that he needs to keep bodycounts professionally low when running against the corps, but on the other hand if you've got some blood on your hands (which includes pretty much any criminal) he has zero compunctions with killing you if you pose a threat, stand in his way, trigger his PTSD and cause flashbacks to Yucatan, have something he wants or otherwise inconvenience him.
>>
>>51291331
Hmmm neat gun, but I can't really justify using them more than a couple times since it requires an exotic and it's kinda rare. His soak roll is I think 34+. In our only session so far he's tanked a few 15 DV hits with no damage.

I think my only realistic choice is to talk to him.
>>
>>51291447
>My Face\Gunslinger is also team Armorer and Wheelman - hes also the closest thing to a hacker considering the rest of the team consists of two shamans a ninja physical adept.
Wow. I mean, being a Wheelman is kind of a natural choice for any streetsam or combat adept because they need the Reaction anyways, but still, geez.
>>
File: 1484298394557.jpg (235KB, 941x941px) Image search: [Google]
1484298394557.jpg
235KB, 941x941px
>>51291373
>How much bloodlust do your runners stomach?

Depends entirely on the situation. Rule of thumb is you never kill someone that an organization is going to need to get even for. Which tends to mean, dont kill criminal syndicate made men, dont kill corp wage slaves, dont kill azzie employees at all, dont kill lone star cops or knight errant cops, etc etc.

Gangers and Mercs are about the only thing you can drop without anyone giving a shit

Killing someone is a decision that could impact the whole team. Which means if you decorate a hallway with bob-the-friendly-desk-clerk's entrails, the corp is going to take it personally, and the whole team is at threat
>>
File: 1284158120770.jpg (1MB, 1966x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1284158120770.jpg
1MB, 1966x1042px
>>51291563

I did all those jobs well, if not great. I took to heart that idea that "a jack of all trades is a master of none, but better than a master of one"
However, I was spec'd for pistols and nothing else, which has the issue of not being heavy on the damage end. I had a lot of face skills, but none of them were particularly high (i still managed to get good rolls when it was needed). As wheelman he was only really good at driving his car (an ares muscle car), and saying he was "team hacker" is stretching it - he was the only one who knew you could use a commlink for something other then talking. Armorer was something I did as a hobby, and got absolutely no appreciation for it. Spent out of my own nuyen to build a compact AK for the dwarf shaman with no recoil at all on any mode. Paid out the ass for magical materials to make a focus-possible pistol for the voodoo houngan. Spent several thousand nuyen turning the Ninja's bike into a halfway smart drone so the thing could follow him around like a goddamn batman gadget.

He didnt even thank me. He even said "thats your job, to make us things. Why should I thank you for doing what your here to do?"
>>
>>51291595
Yeah, if you kill corpsec in what was clearly a kill or be killed scenario for you, chances are the corps are going to be somewhat forgiving. After all, you're just a tool that someone else used to hurt them, a proxy who's entangled in things bigger than he knows about. Plus, you're a tool that they perhaps could use to hurt someone else.

But if you fire HE grenades into a great mass of wageslaves and spread them out to maximize fatalities, well, that's an entirely different narrative.
>>
>>51291510
Just use stick 'n shock.
>>
>>51291755
The corp itself might be forgiving, but Omega Dawn won't necessarily forgive you for slaughtering John the friendly security guard guard who was on his last day before retirement and was going to take everyone out for celebratory drinks.
>>
>>51291867
Yeah, they're dicks like that, which is why you want to avoid getting into that life or death struggle with John in the first place if it's possible. Really, a good shadowrunner only kills when he needs to and when he knows he can get away with it.
>>
>>51291719
>an ares muscle car
GMC Phoenix? I got one too, dumped a hell of a lot of modification money in it and still plan to dump a hell of a lot more in.
>>
File: 1435611878190.jpg (411KB, 1280x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1435611878190.jpg
411KB, 1280x1256px
>>51291867
>Muh Omega Dawn

Do us all a favor and keep shitty GM fiat plot devices like this in the trashbin of CGL dumbfuckery, where they belong.

The whole fucking Paragraph on this Group in "10 terrorists" read like a wankfantasy of some mouthbreathing powertripping GM who needs some justification to DeusExMachina punish players for not playing his favourite fagoperator playstyle.

The whole group is basically on a "Kai Leng" level of stupidity.
>>
File: Ares Sabre GT.jpg (2MB, 2003x2904px) Image search: [Google]
Ares Sabre GT.jpg
2MB, 2003x2904px
>>51291972

Homebrewed Ares Sabre GT - although if I had known about the Phoenix, I would've gone with it.

Didn't even have a lot of mods, was just designed to be fast, as it was intended for street racing, but that never came up in game. There was talk of armoring it up, or adding some guns to it, but that never happened because the game never went in a direction where it was useful
>>
>>51292043
>it's one of the "Shadowrun doesn't punish you for being a murderhobo!!!!" morons again
>it's the one with exceptionally poor formatting and grammar thinking he has any right to lecture other people on anything whatsoever
Do fuck off.
>>
>>51292067
>There's only one person on the internet.

Not him, but I also think the general attitude of "operator or bust" around here and even at the CGL headquarters is fucking stupid.
>>
>>51292056
So how'd the game end?
>>
Is it coolest to base the HK 227 off of the MP5, the MP7, or the G11?
>>
>>51292105
Omega Dawn could be useful as a way for GMs to say "alright guys, you're getting a little to pink mohawk for me", but much like CFD, CGL's writers didn't handle it properly.
>>
>>51292105

Yeah I agree. The setting goes into how life is cheap. No one will care if you waste a random wage slave, or guard. That happens all the time anyways. Gangs, terrorists, shadowrunners. Things happen.
>>
>>51292135
227 is the MP5, the Urban Combat is the MP7.
>>
File: 1436222906477.png (75KB, 680x433px) Image search: [Google]
1436222906477.png
75KB, 680x433px
>>51292067
Hey, its the powermastering turbofaggot again.
Gently suck on as much robococks as you can stuff into 5.99 Points of Essence, you wannabe-operator fedora tryhard.
>>
File: 1318720347628.jpg (649KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1318720347628.jpg
649KB, 1680x1050px
>>51292115

Well lessee...
After we dropped a shitton of military bombs on an island run by a vampire asshole, my Face\Gunslinger won over 2 million nuyen in a poker game with a bunch of trillionaires - then promptly got taken into a back room, beat on until both his damage tracks were full, dumped in an alleyway with a note saying "dont ever come back" (thats what you get for bringing a hotty orc lifeguard in a thousand nuyen slinky dress to a poker event being hosted by a humanis leaning senator-on-vacation)

After that, my Face\Gunslinger retired from shadowrunning, bought his team some gifts, including a 600 year old glorious nippon steel forded thousand times no-dachi for the ninja (who didnt thank me), and a new luxury car for the houngan - then did some armorer work for Ares, guest-starred on CHASE Errant Knight, and ended up starting a custom weapon modification business.
>>
>>51292143
Well, his friends and family might, but chances are they won't do anything about it. If you manage to kill so many wageslaves and/or guards that it's statistically likely that one or more of the friends and family of the deceased will hire another team of shadowrunners to take you out, it doesn't matter because at that point the corps have already placed a bounty on your head.
>>
File: GMC Phoenix.png (329KB, 662x361px) Image search: [Google]
GMC Phoenix.png
329KB, 662x361px
>>51292056
What was it's stock statline, by the way? I'm curious as to how close it was to the Phoenix.
>>
Is there an IRA style resistance to the Elves in Tir? If so, is it a Catholic thing?
>>
File: nfz_w37_by_600v-d36j34o.jpg (946KB, 2000x2666px) Image search: [Google]
nfz_w37_by_600v-d36j34o.jpg
946KB, 2000x2666px
>>51292306

>Ares Sabre GT 550
>Handling +2 - Accel 25m\70m - Speed 240 - Pilot 2 - Body 10 - Armor 8 - Sensor 1
>Condition: 14 Boxes (8 + 1\2 Body)
>Contains Internal Processor with Commlink & GridGuide System
>Gearhead Bonus: 30m\85m Accel or Handling +3

Yeah, 4th Edition. I used the Eurocar Westwind 3K as a base, and made some adjustments - same top speed, better acceleration, worse handling. better armor, etc
>>
>>51292067

There's "managing muderhoboing", and then there's just being a really unfun GM.

I doubt anyone who stands by the EVERY DEATH MATTERS THIS IS A LIVING BREATHING WRODL meme actually GMs Shadowrun at all. It not only adds a shit lot of prep to do, it's also boring as fuck for the PCs.

Who gives a fuck about CorpSec? This is fucking Shadowrun.
>>
>>51292385
Oh, 4e stats. Hm. The Phoenix didn't exist until 5e. Well, then without looking at any 4e books I'd say similar if not identical handling, but the Sabre is slightly better for top speed and significantly better for armor. What was the price on it?
>>
>>51292432

Something like 80k
>>
>>51292424
Don't bother.
He is a very particular type of retard who thinks "killing Joe Donut" will result in the affected corp or his poor-as-fuck relatives hunting you down without problems because /reasons/.
He spergs about this in every other thread.
>>
>>51291719
>randomly putting hashmarks all over his armor
>including the underarms

Even a Deadpool ripoff should have a modicum of thought put into character design.
>>
>>51292459
Wew. That's a lot, but it's still a good price for what you're getting. I don't recall what a Eurocar Westwind 3k cost back in 4e, but it'll run you up 110k now and I'd still prefer this Sabre over a Westwind personally.
>>
>>51292476
Those are tallies.

You'll probably be triggered to know the design has only gotten more ridiculous as the character has evolved.
>>
File: Shadowrun Charger.jpg (104KB, 846x613px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun Charger.jpg
104KB, 846x613px
>>51292493

That was idea - 4e didnt have any "Ares Muscle Cars" and so the GM allowed me to homebrew one, and approved the stats.

Had we been playing 5e, I would've jumped on that Phoenix - thats a pretty car. Or pic related
>>
>>51292494
>only gotten more ridiculous

Unfortunately
>>
File: tumblr_nb3abqb5EA1qg8i80o1_1280.jpg (1010KB, 1000x1465px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nb3abqb5EA1qg8i80o1_1280.jpg
1010KB, 1000x1465px
>>51292564
Well, thankfully, it seems like the artist is gonna keep the design relatively subdued for the actual comics, it's just on the covers that he gets really outrageous.
>>
>>51292532
Yeah, put put 20,000 nuyen worth of Handling enhancedment and 6,000 nuyen of concealed armor into a 32,000 nuyen Phoenix and it's just the same as a 110,000 nuyen Westwind except that it's got a top speed of 6 instead of 7. Mind you, once I've tricked this Phoenix out to my heart's content I'll have spent more money on it than buying a Westwind in the first place, but I'm really going all out on it. Ram plate, hidden heavy machine gun, all that shit you need to make your car untraceable, luxury accomodations, maxed out Yerzing....you know, the works.

I also find myself wondering if the Dodge Viper is still a thing and what car it would be equivalent to (probably a Westwind) because what streetsam wouldn't love to have a car that has the same name as him?
>>
Anyone ever played a Naga before?
>>
File: Sioux Sue.png (409KB, 407x572px) Image search: [Google]
Sioux Sue.png
409KB, 407x572px
>>51291373
>I'm thinking of making a character that thinks of himself a modern Scythian, so he'd take scalps and heads.

I think it's Run Faster that has a code of honour about being a Native American brave-themed ganger, including counting coup. I'd run with that guy. Eating dudes is too far. I'll help you make little soyprotein gingerbread men.
>>
File: 1484836701993[1].jpg (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484836701993[1].jpg
284KB, 1920x1080px
Reposting from the end of the previous thread:

How would you rate modern Shadowrun vidya games, IE the Returns trilogy and Boston Lockdown ?
>>
>>51292912
I've played WITH a naga before. Dude almost got himself killed in his first actions in the game.
>>
File: Tir Ghost.jpg (287KB, 1364x771px) Image search: [Google]
Tir Ghost.jpg
287KB, 1364x771px
>>51292327
Knights of the Red Branch. Very Catholic, very anti-elf (and generally anti-metahuman), very Irish nationalist in the 'We're a generation removed from Ireland, spent our whole lives in Boston, we have the patriotism someone who has actually lived in a place could never have".

They do terrorist stuff in the UCAS and occasionally strike at Tir na nOg, and they control a large part of Boston as the major gang with lots of street gang affiliates for muscle. Can't remember where they're at post-Lockdown.
>>
>>51293102
The returns trilogy is great

Can't really comment on the Boston Lockdown 'cause I've barely touched it, but I'm of the opinion that you HAVE to play it because the voice acting is so bad it's awesome
>>
>>51293154
What the hell did he do, insult Mr.Johnson?
>>
>>51293159
>Very Catholic, very anti-elf (and generally anti-metahuman)

Damn. I'm thinking of making an Irish Fomori or Ork who opposes the Elves but is also a Pagan.
>>
File: Irish Brawler.jpg (398KB, 825x900px) Image search: [Google]
Irish Brawler.jpg
398KB, 825x900px
>>51293191
That could work, you just wouldn't have the Knights of the Red Branch as your friends. You could just not like that the elves are in charge of your magic country because they were prepared to establish a monarchy first.
>>
>>51293244
That's pretty much the idea. I was just hoping he'd have some organization to be affiliated to. He'd probably be even more pissed because he's stuck between knife eared oppressors and a jack booted Catholic thugs.
>>
>>51293177
>What the hell did he do, insult Mr.Johnson?
Invaded the home of the trigger-happy street sam and got caught immediately
>>
File: Court of Shadows.png (2MB, 996x1220px) Image search: [Google]
Court of Shadows.png
2MB, 996x1220px
>>51293293
Here's a question: How do you feel about hot garbage?

Court of Shadows has a bunch of political machination stuff about bringing down the current ruler, with a ton of different factions. I couldn't tell you whether there's some group that meets your specific criteria, because I couldn't bring myself to get more than a couple chapters in.
>>
>>51293340
>invading the home of a fellow runner
>invading the home of a streetsam
Why? Did he not possess the good sense to knock?
>>
>>51293384
Why? Not a fucking clue
Did he have good sense? Absolutely not
>>
>>51291510

The solution to tank troll is exactly what the corps would do.

He can get away with it for a few runs, but eventually the Knight Errant or Lonestars start sending heavy intercept teams to deal with the threat.

Throw him a bone; Take a bad shot and put a meter crater in the wall behind him. Either he needs to double down on the armor and eventually lose a game of tag with an LAV, or he needs to set up something more discrete.
>>
>>51291510
If you want to be vindictive, blast him with the elemental damage types. Acid eats away at armour, cold can break it, fire gets decent armour penetration, electricity causes him to lose initiative and gives him penalties for a little bit
>>
One issue I've had with SR chargen from the very first time I dipped my toes in, is how vitally necessary specialization is at the beginning. And I typically like to try and cover multiple bases (if not as many as possible) for my characters. But this doesn't really work, honestly.

And I guess I just need to get used to the idea that I'm making someone who is essentially at the start of their career, but I have all sorts of character concepts for veterans instead.
>>
File: Boomstick.jpg (296KB, 405x800px) Image search: [Google]
Boomstick.jpg
296KB, 405x800px
>>51293607
The second complaint is proven false by the first. If you are a specialized master of a certain area, you're not at the start of your career. You are a veteran; maybe not a veteran runner (though you could be) but someone with a history in the field.
>>
>>51291719

>"thats your job, to make us things. Why should I thank you for doing what your here to do?"

Shit like this is why people backstab party members. Just saying
>>
If I wanted to have my players fight a group of mutation adepts (like, 5-6 of them) how high should their magics be?
>>
>>51291373
I'm playing a vampire, so being against cannibalism would be a bit hypocritical of me.
>>51292600
wait, comics? There are comics about this person? Where can I buy them?
And of course the design is subdued in the comic, it's easier to draw. Like, all that detail is fine for covers, but drawing that shit once every pannel would be hell.
>>
>>51293102
Dragonfall and Hong Kong are very good, best played after Returns.
>>
>>51293102

Returns is okay-to-good, Dragonfall great and Hong Kong is still very good. Chronicles was also fun, but it plays differently and puts the focus on totally different points.
>>
>>51293459
Not the gm here, but the getup of the troll probably IS already pretty discrete.
You can't really SEE Cyberwarearmor and bonelacing and the rest of his armor could be a simple Jacket + Helmet.
>>
>>51293952
Considering I knew nothing about the Shadowrun lore or metaplot, I found Harlequin such an asspull. the game was still fun I guess.
>>
>>51294021
Don't worry, folks who do know about the lore and metaplot don't like him either.
>>
>>51294033
From the moment I ran into the guy I always just kept repeating "Who the fuck is this guy, and why is he the main character now?" and I really hope it's not something like "But anon, that's the point!"
>>
>>51293816
Well the comic isn't out yet, but there is a huge setting book with all the major characters in it. It's called Last Man Standing or LMS. It's pretty ridiculous overall. The first graphic novel is coming out later this year, and there's a movie in the works already.
>>
>>51294054
>why is he the main character now?
>that question
But anon, that's the point!

No one likes him
EVERYBODY asks that question
>>
>>51294054
Yeah, no. Even back in the old days of metaplot and official adventures, Harlequin was the exact same. Did you enjoy his story that you got to be a part of?
>>
What kind of spells should I give an atomic mage? Radiation beam and burst obviously, as well as the mandatory heal and increase reflexes, but what else?
>>
>>51294463
Are you a player or the GM
also: Which edition?
>>
File: Ghoul.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Ghoul.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Thoughts? Potential directions I could consider? plz no bully.
>>
>>51291510
>His soak roll is I think 34+. In our only session so far he's tanked a few 15 DV hits with no damage.
Semiautomatic grenade launcher. Pop three simultaneous HE grenades onto his feet. Only costs the corp ¥300. DV is 16+8+4=32, AP -4. That's before chunky salsa, so it should be plenty if he's near a wall. Even one grenade in an enclosed space should get a few damage in. Called shots can help improve DV too.

Even in combat, bullet-soaking isn't everything.There are other weapons and approaches like toxins, tranq-darts, bolas, subdual combat, and manabolts that don't care much about how much armor you have on. There's called shots like "blast out of hands", "shake up", "knock down", "disarm", that all make life harder even when all the damage is soaked.

And him having high armor doesn't mean combat is an auto-win. The other team members are probably reasonably armored, so having them targeted is a pretty big problem. Can't really finish a run when it's just one big dumb troll and three runners who are bleeding out.

It's not always feasible to run around in your favorite murder-suit, for obvious reasons like being stopped at a checkpoint, attracting too much attention, or your objective getting spooked and either holing up running away.

Combat isn't everything either. The game is a lot bigger than taking bullets to the chest.

You can also just talk to him. Maybe let him rebuild for a more balanced character that didn't dump everything for soak.
>>
>>51294531
>Elf
>Gymnastics(Dodge)
>but no Combat Sense
>no cybereyes
>no Mentor Spirit
>Light Body
>WIL 4
>Skills B
>but still not enough to get a ranged attack apparently

For what purpose?
>>
File: prepare.jpg (314KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
prepare.jpg
314KB, 1000x1000px
>>51294531
>ghoul
Also, where the hell is your gear?
>>
>>51294531
>Officialâ„¢ Shadowrun sheet instead of Chummer
Omae...
>>
>>51291510
>34
That's not too much tbqh.
>>
>>51294634
>>51294638
He's a homeless ghoul that grew up on the streets so doesn't have any money. He spent most of his life helping protect a ghoul haven... He doesn't get out much. I don't get to start out with any gear.
>>51294650
I-I couldn't figure out how to upload a workable Chumer sheet or else I would have.
>>
>>51294686
Use the latest nightly, pleb, you can save as PDF now.
>>
>>51294506
the GM obviously. No gm with any sense would let their player play a toxic. The edition is 5th.
>>
>>51294686
To be more concise I suppose, at first glance people would probably mistake him for feral. He doesn't have cybereyes because he's poor as shit and he doesn't need them anyway. I didn't consider a mentor spirit because I kind of assumed he wasn't that kind of an adept. Also I'm not sure if a spirit would want to follow a Ghoul. Either way, his magical abilities is less "I'm a magic user" and more "I'm just innately more magical than the other ghouls in my barrow" which is also why I didn't give him a mentor.

What's wrong with light body? I mean, sure I guess in the grand scheme of things it doesn't do a LOT but I just liked the idea of being a sprinting leaping gotta go fast scary predator kinda thing.

Should I not specialize my Gymnastics?
>>
>>51294767
>he doesn't need them anyway
any reason for that?
cause being able to see is usually considered pretty useful
>>
>>51294767
>at first glance people would probably mistake him for feral.
Omae...
>What's wrong with light body?
It's not a bad power if you have a spare 0.25 PP. You don't have a spare 0.25 PP.
>>51294686
>He's a homeless ghoul that grew up on the streets so doesn't have any money. He spent most of his life helping protect a ghoul haven... He doesn't get out much. I don't get to start out with any gear.
And how had this homeless, may be or may not be feral ghoul become a shadowrunner?
>>
>>51294818
Ghouls are Duel Natured so they can see fine. I double checked the entry for Blind in Run Faster and the Critter Power Duel Natured. If you can astrally perceive you only suffer -2 to do anything in meatspace if you're blind. If you're Duel Natured, you see fine without penalty.
>>
>>51294767
>a spirit would want to follow a Ghoul.
You got that backwards
>>
>>51294841
I have .5 PP left after Improved Reflexes, so I took 2 ranks of Light Body. I've already factored for the Magic Loss of being a Ghoul.

Calling him a Shadowrunner would be stretching it... The game is more street level thuggery. I guess I could have clarified that.
>>
>>51294872
Have fun not being able to read, see colours, describe people to others or pretty much any detail that sight would give you because you don't have it
>>
>>51294912
Also it's dual, not duel
>>
>>51294872
First of all it's duAl natured, not duEl, unless you are literally fighting personified
second, what will you do when you need to read any inscription? Because unless it is carved in the medium you won't see it, so signs and screens are out
depending on your GM you also won't be able to work with anything AR
>>
>>51294895
Oh right, now I see what you're talking about. Previously in our groups metaplot, where he was, was becoming infected by Mantis Spirits, which is why he and the other ghouls had to flee. He doesn't like Spirits all that much.
>>
File: into the trash it goes.jpg (58KB, 650x429px) Image search: [Google]
into the trash it goes.jpg
58KB, 650x429px
>>51294767
>at first glance people would probably mistake him for feral.
That's basically a death sentence.
>>
>>51294925
in retrospect, ignore the last part
you DEFINITELY won't be able to work with it
>>
>>51294925
Well it can't really be helped now. I don't get to start out with anything any way. But I'll definitely keep that in mind in the future!

>>51294942
Well I guess that'll make it interesting! He doesn't really have the social skills or self awareness to change that. I don't think it'll be too much of an issue considering the type of game the group will be playing. Hey, may leave room for character growth.
>>
File: brain damage.jpg (101KB, 954x960px) Image search: [Google]
brain damage.jpg
101KB, 954x960px
>>51294902
>I have .5 PP left after Improved Reflexes, so I took 2 ranks of Light Body.
See? You only have 0.5 PP after IR, so go get something useful.
>>51294872
> If you can astrally perceive you only suffer -2 to do anything in meatspace
> O N L Y
>>
>>51295039
>I don't think it'll be too much of an issue considering the type of game the group will be playing.
tell us what kind of characters are the others making, so we can judge HOW retarded your GM is
>>
>>51294926
Then why are a statting a dead character? because inhabitation is as we've discussed before not survivable.
>>
>>51295081
Can you suggest something better? I mean, I took Light Body more for theme than functionality,

>O N L Y
You should read the next part where I say Dual Natured nullifies the -2 penalty.

>>51295099
One player is making a crazy russian voodoo summoner, and the other is playing aaaah....I believe some kind of ex cop turned drug dealer/cook? The Russian and the...Group? of ghouls I'm from have history, so there's my tie in. all in all we'll probably be playing exclusively in Pulliup or where ever it's called. And we'll all hoping for some light hearted street level hi jinks.

>>51295100
I think the agreed upon method myself and the group of come up with is simply going to be the Russian is going to be my handler. We all thought it was reasonable. I'd mostly be doing nothing but hiding any way what with my sun allergy, so it's not like I'd be going to many meets. I'd mostly just be doing the stalking and killing.
>>
>>51295371
>One player is making a crazy russian voodoo summoner
>russian
>voodoo
>>
>>51295429
>russian
>not using glorious motherland's one true weapon
>not simply solving every problem with more bullets and vodka
>even remotely believing that magic bullshit can compare to the reliability of an ak

That's no true Russian.
>>
>>51295371
The one nagging thing that's getting me about this character is the karma cost it's going to take to increase anything since all of my stuff is pretty high, and I also have to consider Initiating, and stuff like Foci. I think I'm going to be doing a lot of cash for karma stuff. Is there something, say Stats wise, that I may want to consider investing into? I was hoping for a higher BOD. I wasn't really even intending to be and Adept, but then I realized cyber was kind of out of the question for him, so I either would have to rely on drugs, or Gotta Go Fast! I guess REA 10 is nice, but the investment in karma to initiate is a point sink I didn't really want.

Can I be decent just relying on drugs, and dropping the magic?
>>
>>51295532
m8, 13 Karma for the first Initiation is cheap as fuck.
>>
>>51295429
I know, and I pointed that out to him. To his credit he plays it up pretty well. Speaks in a bad russian accent, and shakes a can full of pebbles at you when he's "using his voodoo magic". I personally hate the character, but I have to admit he's entertaining.
>>
>>51295557
Yeah, but you don't stop Initiating after the first time, right? And that's just karma that could be spent on stats... Which is why I'm curious if I could pull close to the same thing off with just drugs. I don't know, I'm spit balling here.
>>
>>51295581
I'm pretty certain both other players are playing Mystic Adepts, which is why I wanted to consider a non magical means of being combat effective.
>>
>>51295581
You stop innitiatin when the additional cost is higher than the gain and there are cheaper alternatives.
Which usually isn't the case for the first 3 or so innitiations.
Drugs are alright for INI Dice and boosting your Attributes, but for the latter, the NARCO Genmod is king and thats a different route.

Powerpoints, however, enable you to buy so much more shit than you could ever get with drugs alone.
Also, there is no need not to combine both.
Cram is both super efficient and dirt cheap (20 nuyen a pop for industrial grade, lasts for hours)
>>
>>51295633
I guess that's a reasonable assertion. So initiate about three times, and then what? Save for a Power Foci or whatever? The one where you can attach spells to you? I didn't realize how awesome those things were. Defiantly karma heavy though...

It's supposed to be just a fun game, so I don't want to go super overboard with trying to squeeze out every little bit, you know? I just wanted to play something fun, and punch people.
>>
>>51295687
you could also just get a weapon focus.
Those are usefull as hell to and quite a bit cheaper.
>>
File: mechromancer.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
mechromancer.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Can someone who knows what they're doing take a look at my drone rigger? Pinkest of mohawks, of course.
>>
>>51291510
sticknshock
gas
stunbolt
a car
>>
Speaking of weapon foci, if you're picking one up in play because you couldn't afford one at character generation, what Force is a good one to start out with? If that makes any sense
>>
>>51295744
Can I guess a weapon foci for unarmed attacks? I doubt I can make my claws foci, so the specialization is kind of a waste. I couldn't help but notice in Chummer, it differentiates between my claw attack, and an unarmed attack. Is that just some kind of hiccup with Chummer?
>>
>>51295789
Try squeezing in reaction enhancers Level 3, maybe by going for used grade.
Rest Looks alright, albeit 1000 Rounds of APDS look a bit like overkill.
You also might want to get at least one full mag of Gel Rounds for your Drones.

I probably would have taken Crocket EBrs instead of Alphas, due to the higher range, but your experience may differ.
>>
>>51295868
>Can I guess a weapon foci for unarmed attacks

sorta, you could get a focus for knuckles, those are handled via the unarmed skill, but its a shitty Option.
If you are fighting with your claws, go the full elemental route so you can literally strike your foes with flaming fists.
Will cost you a few PP but the result is high FUN.
>>
>>51295964
How do I go about this process?
>>
>>51295987
Grab the street grimoire, there should be two powers whose Name start with elemental.
I think elemental Body and elemental claw or strike, one being the prerequisite to the other and both costing 1 PP or so. You also need another power as a prerequisite from the core book, but its written there. Deathclaw or something like this, can't remember the Name.
Its the one that enables you to do physical/Magic damage with your fists.
>>
>>51296030
Thanks! I'll have to keep that on the backburner when I start initiating I guess.
>>
>>51295868
You could get a Weapon Focus Tattoo on your fists, or a Weapon Focus that are your blood-stained knuckle wraps. Don't forget to take Killing Hands so you can swap from physical and stun, it's helpful for not murdering folks.
>>
>>51296164
Only Qi Foci can be tattoos.
>>
Somebody was talking about downgrading the Dodge Scoot a couple weeks ago. I just wanted to let that dumbass know you can't downgrade parts with vehicles, only drones.
>>
>>51295916
I'll try to squeeze in reaction enhancers.
The 1k APDS rounds were so I didn't have to buy them later, 12F is annoying to buy. I'll think about gel rounds as well.
The Alphas come with free grenade launchers, which is what attracted me to them, but I guess I could put underbarrel launchers on the crockets if I get them.
>>
Are the Math SPU and the internal router worth getting as a Decker? Any other cyberware or even bioware that would be handy for decker, besides wired reflexes and attribute boosters?
>>
>>51296164
See
>>51296633

For an unarmed weapon focus, look into knucks/hardliner gloves.
>>
>>51296972
No and fuck no.
IF you have a "Cyberarm of Awesome", get a Rating 4 Radar Sensor in it.
Actually, as a Decker, you could probably put it into your meatbody without being bothered by the essence loss.
>>
>>51296802
Vehicles are drones
>>
>>51297610
No. Drones explicitly have their own, separate (and optional) modding rules to vehicles.
>>
>>51297610
All drones are vehicles, but not all vehicles are drones.
>>
>>51296633
>Only Qi Foci can be tattoos.
Nope.

>TATTOO MAGIC
>The Tattoo Magic technique can be purchased for 5 Karma and learned in two weeks, after which the magician can keep magic viable through tattooing art. This is not a separate skill, but an enhancement to other skills and metamagics. Using the Artificing skill, the magician can create qi and other foci as tattoos. With contractual rituals, Tattoo Magic can be used on mundanes and Awakened alike to reinforce the magical connection and consequences of breaking said magical contract (the group bond). When this is combined with the Quickening and Anchoring metamagics, a magician can tattoo such spells onto a subject.

>Using the Artificing skill, the magician can create qi and other foci as tattoos.
>>
Is it considered bad form to use flash-paks? I can't think of any reason to not use them on every character (even infiltrators - if you need it your infiltration has failed), they're cheap and unrestricted, and even rechargeable. Should be standard equipment on drones too, to help their subpar dodge pool.
>>
>>51295789
AR gloves unnecessary with dni, put the gas mask in the ballistic mask so you dont have to spend an action to get it and put it on. I'd probably take a point out of nautical mechanic and put it into ewar and switch the spec to sensor ops, you can use that to double duty as your perception skill as long as you keep a drone close. You have sensor function ratings higher than the array rating in your rotodrones, and you have room for audio enhance 2 in your x2.
>>
>>51298338
Can and how do you install flash-paks on Drones? RAW of course.
Flashpaks are A-OK as, especially because they affect both sides (when not wireless), and can be mitigated through equipment. It's not as if you are throwing nozquito grenades.
>>
>>51298440
I didn't know the DNI let you physically manipulate AR objects, I figured the gloves were required. Good points on the gas-mask and sensors though, I'll touch them up.

>>51298465
I don't think there's anything in the rules for or against installing them on drones, but since there are canon drones that have jammers installed (which are not listed under drone modifications, but under your street gear) I think it should be ok. In chummer, just right-click the drone and select add gear - flash-paks are under grenades for some reason. They're listed under grenades in the book as well, because CGL is retarded.
>>
>>51298440
Oh, I forgot: the nautical mechanic skill is from the engineering skill group, can't break that up yet. It might be handy, I mean Seattle is still a port city after all.
>>
>>51296972
cf74 antannae earware, up to 3 noise reduction
>>
Will I ever find a game of SR online, or should I cut my losses and GM things myself?
>>
>>51298629
GM yourself for a while until you can convince a player to take up the mantle for a bit. Do some back and forth.
>>
How large does a sensor suite in say, a chameleon suit in general have to be? Which are the best sensors to pick to go with it?
>>
>>51298534
They're under grenades because they use the throwing weapons skill, you throw them exactly like grenades, and work similarly to grenades, chummer. In this one case, it makes sense to me
>>
>>51298756
S5 446 lists the maximum ratings in some housings. Wearable equipment isn't listed, so ask your GM, but expect it to be either 2 (AV device or headware) or 3 (handheld device).

The stuff you want in it depends on what you're doing, but the chameleon suit implies infiltration. So I suggest a laser range finder, MAD scanner, motion sensor, olfactory scanner (possibly, depends on how often your GM uses airborne toxins and the like), directional mic, and laser mic.

>>51298794
I guess, but I feel they'd be more effective if you strapped one to your chest and turned it on. Wouldn't affect you, unless you have a habit of staring at your own Breast Enhancements 2.0 in combat.
>>
>>51298852
'eh, in that case might drop the suite and cram some other stuff into it.
>>
>>51298958
Depends, really. Of the listed sensors, the ones I'd suggest an infiltrator really should take are the directional mic and the laser mic, for eavesdropping. The rest are either very situational or insluded with other gear (every smartlinked weapon has a laser range finder, for example).

The 2 mics will take up 2 capacity rather than the 6 of the array.
>>
>>51299008
Speaking of stealth and the chameleon suit, one thing i've never been able to find any rules for. Can you wear clothes over the damn thing? I mean, not that you'd want to when using it but. Going anywhere while wearing the damn thing is probably gonna set off a few alarm bells.

Also, rules for rucksacks/gearbags anywhere?
>>
>>51299327
>Can you wear clothes over the damn thing?
I wouldn't see why you couldn't stick a jacket and baggy trousers over the suit when it's not in use.

>>51299327
Also, rules for rucksacks/gearbags anywhere?
Run Faster has price-listings for that sort of stuff at the very end, but that's about all I can recall off the top of my head.
>>
>>51299327
>rules for rucksacks/gearbags anywhere?
for what purpose?
>>
>>51299379
Why for the express purposes of hiking of course!

And you know, carrying stuff I need? Unless you suggest i use shadowrun-tier duct tape to strap spare mags, my surpressed smg and whatever else i lug around when i go crawling through vents or whatever to my body. Not like the chameleon suit is bristling with pockets.
>>
Is looking at the OP files in mega safe? When i say safe i mean from the copyrights and shiz. Im paranoid and dont want the guberment to come beat me up and sue me.
>>
>>51299433
The rules regarding size, carrying, weight, etc are intentionally vague because it usually isn't the focus in shadowrun. If you're carrying a duffelbag or a rucksack, think about equivalent real life gear and their sizes. Talk to your GM briefly about it and agree on what is reasonable. You probably can't fit a long barrel Sniper rifle, but you'd probably be able to carry a SMG with a folding stock.
>>
>>51299477
Dont have a sniper rifle, but on that note, couldn't you get that dissasembly modification for one and stuff 'em in a bag? Seems "reasonable" to me.
>>
>>51299379
Not him, but I'd like having rules for container concealability modifiers. Things like how easy is it to see the bulge created by my assault rifle, if I can comfortably hide a loaded SMG into a purse, or if I put the rifle in a box before putting it in the bag, or if I wrap it in towels to conceal the shape and hard edges. Things like that can have a real impact on whether or not security gives the PCs a hard time.

But of course catalyst gives us paragraphs for treading water and holding our breath, but nothing for the bags that are an essential part of practically every run. All we get for bags is one statline at the very back of a splatbook that gives prices and nothing else.
>>
>>51299472
I say this without the slightest mean-spiritedness: if you are that paranoid about piracy, what are you even doing on 4chan in the first place? This site is ratchet and chock full of ilicit and borderline illegal material.
>>
>>51299649
Be the change in the world you want to see, chummer. Write the rules, make the magic happen. I'll gladly edit and critique.
>>
>>51299649
See >>51299902
>>
>>51299789
not op but, critique?
-homebrew bags-
all bags have concealability -6 unless opened. changes to -2 if softweave is used. Reduce social limit by 2 unless designer version purchased. designer version reduces cap by 33%.

purse/messenger bag cap 12
backpack/small duffel cap 18
large duffel/troll backpack cap 30

one item up to cap 6 (cap 3 for fashion) can be crammed into a full bag, but it's shape becomes distorted and you lose all concealability modifiers. Use prices for clothing on rf253 (suit prices for designer)
>>
>>51292564
>>51292494

WHY DOES THIS MAN HAVE SO MUCH TROUBLE HOLDING ONTO HIS CANDY?
>>
File: 787579.jpg (41KB, 350x330px) Image search: [Google]
787579.jpg
41KB, 350x330px
how do i into shadowrun lads?
friend told me a little about it, but i don't know what it's exactly about.
>>
>>51300544
read the core book from OP's mega. skip the technomancer section. get chummer 5a. roll up a character. roll up another character. never play.
>>
>>51300544
Check out some shadowrun related media. Movies like Smoking Aces, the Italian Job, Heist, Johnny Mnemonic, are all examples of what Shadowrun can be for players and GMs alike.

Then yeah, get some books, pick up Chummer 5a and tinker around with it and make some characters. Shadowrun has made its way to the top of my preferred TTRPG list because I enjoy a lot of what the game has to offer.
>>
File: 1387007442616.png (211KB, 344x267px) Image search: [Google]
1387007442616.png
211KB, 344x267px
>>51293759

Hah, well in his defense, I was a handfull - I was both the most useful and most fuckup member of the Team. Recovering alcoholic who turned to drugs, and was kinda crazy.

For example...
>run to assassinate a vampire
>said vampire has an island in the carribean all to himself, along with his vampirelings and a merc force
>basically suicide odds for a ninja, two shamans, and a dude who plays poker for a living
>we spend heavy to get some explosives and decide to wrap it in a gift package, and Con it through the front door, then detonate to cause a distraction, and infiltrate via an underwater cave (which we spent heavy for a submersible)
>my Face\Gunslinger slots some K-10, berserks, runs the bomb gift up to the front door like a football, tosses it through the window yelling HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY and then detonates
>gets blown back into a fountain
>gets back up, berserking, and starts laying grenade launcher fire into the building
>rest of the team face palms and decides to do the nice thing and bail me out
>turns a whole intricate plan into "we bust through the front door shooting"
>>
>>51300544
>>51300833

On that note, watch a TV Show called "Leverage" - its basically Shadowrun without magic or cyberware.
>team made up of a party face, infiltrator thief, ex-spec force soldier, hacker techie, and a team lead mastermind
>every episode is basically a shadowrun with an intricate plot
>>
>>51300601
>enough characters to make multiple teams out of
I even hold myself back.
>>
File: bYdW42a.jpg (64KB, 625x685px) Image search: [Google]
bYdW42a.jpg
64KB, 625x685px
>>51300833
>>51301095
>mfw I have 31 characters sitting on my desktop, all made within the last month

I come home from work, bring up half a dozen shadowrun books, and then I just spend the rest of the night reading, browsing my character portrait collection, and making characters based off the ones that look interesting. Its just incredibly soothing for me.
>>
>>51300949
I'd always been interested in that show. Watching it on Netflix, episode 1 seems like a textbook data steal. I'm liking it.
>>
>>51292600
that is the most outrageously rad cigarette i have ever seen
>>
>>51300949
If we're plugging media, I have to throw up SyFy's "Incorporated". Doubly so if you play a Face, Decker, Johnson or something in between all three.
>>
File: 1446597591336.jpg (115KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
1446597591336.jpg
115KB, 1000x700px
Playing around and made something gimmicky and retarded.

http://pastebin.com/Ladi6614
>>
>>51303006
./` else draw against my haaannnnd ./` https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsObv4b-qYg
>>
>>51303006
I love it anon. Though, it looses points for bein unable to ACTUALLY duel at high noon'
>>
File: V4ACJNQ.jpg (221KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
V4ACJNQ.jpg
221KB, 1000x1000px
In 5e, how would I go about making this? It's a little bigger than a softball?
>>
File: uEkxaNq.jpg (204KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
uEkxaNq.jpg
204KB, 1000x1000px
>>51304046
And it opens into this
>>
>>51304046
...Go to a stuffer shack and get a doll 3d-printed?
>>
>>51304066
I more meant to actually harm someone with
>>
>>51304121
You could hit someone with said doll?
>>
File: 2743883-3604256336-tumbl.gif (223KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
2743883-3604256336-tumbl.gif
223KB, 500x375px
Is there any way to transport runners or extraction targets safely as cargo? Like, knock them out, put them in a box, and ship them off to places? I'm thinking to start with a Houdini Machine to keep them sedate and healthy, but smuggling compartments can only be added to vehicles and bags/containers aren't really statted to be modified or adapted to human transport.
>>
>>51304229
Take a look at the PED III in Run & Gun, and presume a non-flexible alternative.
>>
Hey /srg/, I'm currently looking for bonus run rewards, thing that are rather hard to find and could be offered instead of a 20-30k ¥ paiement.
Other than nanoware and Depleted Uranium rounds, are there items that are universally useful and comically hard to obtain ?
>>
File: Shadowrun_Hong_Kong_1.jpg (448KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun_Hong_Kong_1.jpg
448KB, 1920x1200px
Is there a book for either 4th or 5th Edition, that has tons of stat blocks for NPC types, like various levels of corporate security, Knight Errant, etc?

I'm looking to build a Shadowrunner who was former Knight Errant and I'd like to have a good idea of what the character should have\be statwise. I know there basically militarised cops, and I can probably just build off the Lone Star statline, but I'd like to be as close to authentic as I can
>>
>>51304739
Cyberdecks. They cost more than cars, man. A respectable spends about 200k minimum on this at creation. They also hold all the info the decker had. Details on jobs, online identities, and programs. That's all before mentioning the mods they likely have on it, or modules and other bits of equipment.

you can also booby trap them with bombs, of you want. Make the PCs regret tampering with that shit.
>>
>>51304046
>>51304060

I think you are looking for the Buts-a-Move drone from stolen souls.
>>
>>51304989
Core rule book for 5e has some of that.

But i would't pay to much mind to that, since those are values for your average goon.

Shadowrunners are usually supposed to be professionals at what they do and are far from average.

Just try to focus more on the department your character worked in and think about whick skills he would need to do that work.

rule of thumb would be

>4 dice pool: passable proficiency, compareable to a normal drivers licence of expertise.

>8 dice pool: Your side skills, comparable to multiple years of actual training and using a skill.

>12 dice: actual professionalism: think about a martial artist with multiple black belts or a bomb disarming spec-ops. there are only a few people who can compare to you.

>12+ dice: Should be reserved for your shtick and character defining skills, having more than 1-3 of those can quickly lead to min-maxing and make your character an island savant.
>>
HI /srg/

im currently looking for some wildlife encounters for my groups, since they will have to move through the wilderness of cuba to finish their contract.

So what are some critters that can put up a fight and could be found on cuba.

>Hardmode
No chupacabras
>>
File: 1350366888522.jpg (2MB, 3001x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1350366888522.jpg
2MB, 3001x1250px
>>51305048

I was considering either a character that was a Hacker, or a Rigger - someone that went with a K-E team and disabled house security, operated drones, etc - but more of a tactical field asset then some guy who went and patrolled in a marked car and drone.

Either that or a K-E Tactical Mage, but the considering how much more important a magic character is in an organization like that, the reasons for not working there anymore have to be equally important.

Either way, the pool suggestion gives me a good way to stat things
>>
>>51304739
possible awakened critters and staches of drugs are also an option. Also the enemies bodyware... if your runners don't stand above that.
>>
File: pineapple.gif (2MB, 145x110px) Image search: [Google]
pineapple.gif
2MB, 145x110px
So is it possible to have meta-planes that are just different timelines? Spots in timelines?

Could I send my runners back to WW2? Or apocalyptic timelines?
>>
>>51305001
A cyberdeck is either better than the one the decker has, and forfeits paiement to the entire team in order to benefit one person, or it's not and just gets fenced for more cash.

I'm more looking for things that can benefit the entire team, like a PI-Tac or a VTOL
>>
>>51305081
For people new to the matrix rules i would recommend to play a Rigger. you can do most of the usefull matrix actions besides hacking and get your own actions that get a bonus depending on your RCC settings: see Rigger 5.0.

Also you get way more on field action with your drones.

By your description i would suggest to play a remote control rigger or going into the field yourself armed with a gun and using you drones for support fire & scouting.

Of course jumping in is also an option, but in actual combat the difference to a remote controll riger will be minimal. Jumping in gives you mostly the edge while driving a vehicle with the downside of getting hurt yourself if your vehicle gets damaged... which cant happen by remote control.
>>
>>51305137
Yeah it's poissible to reward those things.

But honestly, as a GM i would make their asses bleed to recive things like that.

Also, a cyberdeck to the decker is pretty much as usefull to the whole team as a VTOL to the Rigger. Except of course the playyer is an selfish asscake or lacking grasp of his/her options.
>>
File: 1429191990849.png (88KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
1429191990849.png
88KB, 212x278px
>>51305142
>By your description i would suggest to play a remote control rigger or going into the field yourself armed with a gun and using you drones for support fire & scouting.

I was pretty much considering going full Boot Rigger with him, so yeah.

I found some official K-E stats in the 4th\5th Book "Sprawl Wilds" specifically the "Ashes" chapter, and statblock for a Knight Errant patrol officer in "Firing Line" (specifically "Lost Islands Found")

Thats all I've found so far
>>
>>51305081
also tactical mage is absolutely viable too.

but since mages are so rare i think it's not really possible to make a generic "cop-wizard"

But here ARE a looot of good support spells.

Detect enemies (in combination with somebody who can shoot through walls for bonus cheese points), ice sheet, barrier and increase reflexes come to mind.
>>
>>51305188
Can't find those books right now, so i don't have a reference to those attributes
>>
File: K-E Patrolman.jpg (92KB, 397x530px) Image search: [Google]
K-E Patrolman.jpg
92KB, 397x530px
>>51305223

Heres the statblock for the Patrolman
>>
>>51305104
I'm almost sure that that's the point of the meta planes.

Maybe rename and recolour some factions and places.

But as long you are the GM it's your game
>>
>>51305104
Maybe not different timelines but you sure can have deep metaplanes with a WW2 theme
>>
>>51305260
well not bad for an hands-on officer but i would think that you as a rigger would work better with something like
(assuming you guys use sum to 10)
E,B,E,B,A

B A R S W L I C
3 3 4 2 4 5 4 3

and pushing the thing with muscle cyberware 1 or 2.
Won't be a combat monster but will can pull himself in a fight.

used cerebral booster 2 is pretty much mandatory.

Other wares would pterry much depen on how you want to control your drones.
>>
File: 27779c0fc9d9de581687a77f7451a7b0.jpg (153KB, 1015x787px) Image search: [Google]
27779c0fc9d9de581687a77f7451a7b0.jpg
153KB, 1015x787px
>>51305200
>but since mages are so rare i think it's not really possible to make a generic "cop-wizard"

Thats sort of the problem I'm having. The basic storyline is that the guy was UCAS born, maybe even from CalFree, and joined up with K-E after military service, and got posted to their police contract in Hong-Kong. Either due to familial connections (something obscure that didn't show up on background checks) or just plain old blackmail, he got tied to the Triads (or some other syndicate), and K-E dumped him like a college gf.

Adrift, alone, and now without the one driving force in his life, he starts doing jobs for the Triads, and ends up getting pulled into Running through his emerging connections. Now the major conflict is
>i love shadowrunning because i can use my skills to make lots of money, work with professionals I can trust and who trust me - its just like K-E!
>fuck breaking the law is not what I'm comfortable with...I used to be the police dammit, not I'm a criminal...
>fuck what do I do, I'm so confused... ;_;
>>
File: K-E CBRN & Rigger.jpg (350KB, 362x1002px) Image search: [Google]
K-E CBRN & Rigger.jpg
350KB, 362x1002px
>>51305304

Heres the statblock for the K-E rigger (4th)
>>
File: K-E Rigger 5th.jpg (92KB, 373x619px) Image search: [Google]
K-E Rigger 5th.jpg
92KB, 373x619px
>>51305318

And in 5th
>>
>>51305318
I don't know how well the stats translate from 4 to 5.

But i woudl suspect that those numbers would also work in 5. i would leave strenght at 1 and buy it up to 2 with karma, since it won't do much for you and you can use that poibnt better to push logic to 6
>>
>>51305338
>>51305318
>>51305344

From the stats the one from 4 seems more reasonalbe, since you don't "need" 3 charisma and 2 willpower is pretty low for an matrix based character.

If you want to intimidate people, you could put ranks into it and make teamowrk tests. with a team of armed criminals it usually should be possible to recive 6 bonus dice from a teamwork test.
>>
>>51305344
>>51305373
or just leave strenght and charisma at 1 and buy it up with karma, but be carfull that you don't cripple yourself by negative qualities to balance out the loss.
>>
File: 1275833860740.jpg (37KB, 273x527px) Image search: [Google]
1275833860740.jpg
37KB, 273x527px
>>51305378
>>51305373
>>51305344

Yeah, I'm doing some Chummer builds right now. I have a good base to work with so Ive got the direction I want to go with.
>>
>>51304739
Give them some pure fluff or indirect bonuses, free access to a biosculpting/cosmetic bioware facility for life, A grateful college headmaster contact that can enroll them in classes giving them college educated or sensei qualities, permanent (until they fuck it up) VIP access to the hot club downtown, where drinks and meals are free and drugs and hookers are 50% off, a 3's in everything everyday person who owes the team a lifedebt and will work as a servant, a docwagon contract, access to a betaware clinic with a 5% discount, a single favor from a gm fiat capable AI or free spirit, a litter of designer pets like housecat sized siberian tigers, an armorer that will personalize 1 weapon per runner for 1 extra accuracy and 1 damage. A rating 6 fake sin with a full set of licenses. I could go on but i gotta get to work
>>
File: 1437344401681.jpg (91KB, 1000x769px) Image search: [Google]
1437344401681.jpg
91KB, 1000x769px
>>51305344
>>51305373
>>51305378
>>51305423

Just off a test build, using 4th Ed (which is the rulesystem my group\GM is using), its proving pretty easy.

Even without Qualities, I hit the right ratings of Attr's, skills, and Cyber, still have 84BP left, and thats with Metatype Elf.

I know 5th uses the Priority system, so I'm not even sure I could do it with the old\new system
>>
>>51305531
To be honest, i was assuming that you uss 5e. there are some changes between editions and you might want some advice from somebody who has more expeience in 4E than me.
>>
>>51305200
>but since mages are so rare i think it's not really possible to make a generic "cop-wizard"
They're not that rare. One out of every hundred people will be awakened. One out of every few hundred people will be a mage of some sort. There are jobs with smaller population percentages.
>>
File: I'm ready.jpg (67KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
I'm ready.jpg
67KB, 600x549px
>>51291272
>the console writes "identity spoofed"
>>
>>51300877
Hey, they wanted a distraction, and they got one.
>>
>>51306468
To be fair, Spoof is already a command in-game.
>>
>>51306229
well but of those thgat awaken there are those that are aspectet, adepts and mages. Which already boardens the spectru, of "awakened" jobs.

Add to that the sheer number of spells, powers and their uses and the individual awakened becomes a specialist in their own work.

Which makes the description of "standat corp-wizard" petty much meaningless.
>>
>>51307535
I agree with this sentiment to a degree. There are security mages, the ones with a whole gaggle of spirits on tap who guard buildings, campuses, etc. Then there are wage mages, awakened who are employees. They might be in research, be in sales or management, or whatever else. Then you have tactical mages. I doubt they'd be on patrol for the most part, but HTR teams typically have a spirit wrangler or a combat mage (with lots of counterspelling expertise).
>>
>>51295482
>I am literally incapable of meme-less existance
>>
>>51302542
>>51300949
Might I also point out that from Gruber's point of view, Die Hard was a run that was ruined by a single off-duty Knight Errant Officer because they were too stupid to confirm their kills.
>>
One of my players thinks that they're smart by sneaking a piece of illegal equipment by me, now they knew the legal availability limit before we began due to her arguing with me for half an hour to get a weapon far above the availability rating I set. Now she has a piece of armour that goes against my that rating, this is no mistake as she is a complete rule lawyer.
Now my question is what ways should I punish her character for her rule violations? I would talk it out with the player but I am not going to go through another hour of saying no.
>>
>>51308424
It was hot when she bought it, and now the cops are after her sorry ass.
>>
For the GMs out there, can I get some advice on putting together runs? I'm going to run food fight first, but after that is important.

Let's say that the Johnson gives the runners a job to break into a warehouse and steal something. Where would you start with planning?
>>
File: Devil on Shoulder Prop.jpg (24KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
Devil on Shoulder Prop.jpg
24KB, 375x375px
>>51308424
Don't spend an hour on it. Tell them they're not invited to the game anymore because you play games to have fun with your friends, not to indulge blantant cheaters. Takes 5 seconds.

Then you turn off your phone for the next few hours.
>>
>>51308478
When I plan a run I think about
1) What the players are getting.
2) Security (guards sensors etc.)
3)Who is there (alone with any plot hooks if any at all)
Using the last two I then plan 4) ways in
5) I then look at the player's contacts and two they give them info
5.5) Secondary methods of gaining info
6) The reward
>>
>>51308504
Can't do that I am afraid she is in too deep with everyone in the group, hence why I didn't just do that in the first place.
>>51308459
I like that idea.
>>
>>51308424
Set up an "as a favor" run for an armorer and give that armor as the reward. Then shift enemy dicepools up to compensate. Heavy (I assume) armor like that is difficult to unload so their fence will only give a fraction of value. Everybody else gets awesome armor and they 10% of the value of their cheating. Now the playing field is level again.
>>
>>51305260
...why the hell doesn the average patrolman for K-E have skills equivalent to an elite special forces soldier?
I swear to god, one of the biggest problems with SR5 even aside from it's shitty editing is how every writer arbitrarily assigns numbers to threats in his adventures and books with no regard to logic or consistency.
>>
File: Do What You Want Bob Ross.gif (922KB, 496x372px) Image search: [Google]
Do What You Want Bob Ross.gif
922KB, 496x372px
>>51308549
I did >>51308504 when one of my players was doing something similar (playing point-buy game, they would give themselves bonus stuff because of their 'backstory').

Didn't talk for a week. Held the game somewhere different from where it was normally held (heard she showed up at the regular place and threw a fit after waiting two hours for us to arrive). Then she sent me an e-mail with a legal character, and she was back next session. Took a couple of months before it was actually discussed and I laid out for her that I really would rather burn that bridge and risk the group coming apart than being a doormat for her to play out a power fantasy that takes the fun out of our game for everyone but her.

At the time I was a full-time university student and worked nights. I got one afternoon a week of actual free time, and did all my prep work in between everything else. I made sure she understood that it was a game we were playing, and if she couldn't play the game by the rules I was happy to not spend my time working for her enjoyment when she wasn't going to return the favour.

I've never found indulging people who cheat by giving them the spotlight (making them the focus of at least one session of the cops coming after that one character, having enemies tailored to fight them specifically and overcome their minmaxing, etc) to work out well. The problem with in-character 'punishments' for people who do things you don't like is that it gives them more attention and warps the game around them, and a lot of the time that's exactly what makes them happy, regardless of how it effects everyone else.

My two cents.
>>
>>51308534
That makes sense. I'll have to look at some more of the prewritten ones, but thanks.
>>
File: shadowrun plot hook.jpg (82KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun plot hook.jpg
82KB, 600x563px
Of all the streetsams you've played and met, how many of them weren't just violent sociopaths?
>>
So, if I have a national SIN in addition to my fake one, is there any situation where I'd actually want to use it?
>>
>>51308424
Don't be a petty fuck and either kick her from the game or talk it out with her, don't passive aggressively punish her character.
>>
>>51309775
When you know your fake SIN won't be passing, an emergency situation. Sometimes it's easier to buy mundane things on your real SIN, definitely helps in maintaining the illusion of reality.
>>
>>51310017
So it's safe to put on for grocery shopping and shit? Assume SIN is from a different country than the one I'm in in this situation.
>>
Am I setting myself up for Bad Times?

> Make an Adept Face Troll
> Combat wise I'm not pretty but I do have 7+2d6 initiative with a 10 dice pool shotgun
> Social skills I've loaded up on everything except Leadership
> Anything logic based I fail at
> Intuition is a 1 but I plan on pumping Karma into that asap
> Body and Strength are near minimum for trolls
> Priority A metatype
> Planning on buying more face positive qualities over time
> Possibly thinking about getting tailored pheromones at some time even though it will mess with my essence
>>
>>51310162
Well, the troll thing isn't great. It's pretty hugely suboptimal. Then again, it's not the end of the world. Assuming your GM isn't super strict, I'm sure you'll be fine.
>>
File: SINless Upbringing.jpg (101KB, 575x625px) Image search: [Google]
SINless Upbringing.jpg
101KB, 575x625px
>>51310091
Provided you're not in the country illegally, absolutely.

The reason SINless characters should have a R4 SIN is so they have something reliable they can use to build a false identity and launder their ill-gotten gains, so they don't have to spend their life sitting in a shitty Barrens squat and looking sadly at enough credsticks to buy a permanent High Lifestyle, if only they had references.
>>
Any fans of Worm here? I'm trying to stat the Undersiders, but I'm having trouble with Skitter. Can't exactly be an insect themed shaman in shadow run without a bit of trouble.
That said there is potential for her to be either a Spider or Adversary totem shaman. Technomancer is also an option, it would fit her abilities in enviormental awareness and crowd control.
A final option is something involving HMV, after all, her cannon trigger has her stuffed into a locker filled with bio waste.
>>
File: sweating black man.gif (172KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
sweating black man.gif
172KB, 400x400px
>>51310321
>Provided you're not in the country illegally, absolutely.
>MFW it's an Aztlan SIN
>>
>>51310379
>A final option is something involving HMV, after all, her cannon trigger has her stuffed into a locker filled with bio waste.

I don't care how she fires her artillery, that's not how you get HMHVV.
>>
>>51310403
BUILD IT
>>
>>51310403
Good luck, omae
>>
>>51309477
Most, actually.
We tend to kick out or ignore players like that in my group rather then just deal with them meekly.
>>
>>51310438
This character hasn't managed to get deported so far, so I figure he just lives in the shitty Aztlan part of town (which part of town is that anyways) where everyone's an illegal immigrant so nobody rats each other out.
>>
File: Puyallup.png (146KB, 1919x923px) Image search: [Google]
Puyallup.png
146KB, 1919x923px
>>51310502
>I figure he just lives in the shitty Aztlan part of town (which part of town is that anyways)

Whatever part the Azzies move to automatically becomes the shitty Azzie part of town.

It's probably a place in Puyallup, or maybe Tacoma if you want to be daylabour at the port
>>
>>51310242

I know the troll part isn't great but this is for a month or two, I don't expect much its more for fucking around
>>
>>51310606
Yeah, then you're probably going to be fine.
>>
>>51310553
I'd say Tacoma because it was his friends in the cartel who got him here into Seattle in the first place.
>>
File: 1479068625251.jpg (182KB, 992x1403px) Image search: [Google]
1479068625251.jpg
182KB, 992x1403px
>>51310636
Bear in mind that the Yaks (through heavy Shiawase investment in the district) and Kumon’go Seoulpa (thanks to Tempo money) control most of what's going on in the area. If your character does have ties to some Azzie smugglers, they're probably small time and pay at least one of the two not to smash them.
>>
>>51310766
Is there any part of the Seattle Sprawl that the David cartel has significant control over?
>>
>>51310781
No, but the Ghost Cartels largely aren't about controlling territory anyway; they just focus on getting people who control territory to buy their products.
>>
>>51309477
We called one guy 'Soccer Mom' because he specialized in driving and pistols but took no cyber or bioware. His job mainly was to drive us around town. Hilariously he killed another player character.

> Driver has an open Toyota Gopher and we're driving into a combat zone to pick up another player
> Driver wants to do a stunt; he wants to power slide and sort of 'scoop' the player into the bed of the truck
> It'll be sweet he said
> It'll be fun he said
> Rolls his stunt dice; no hits on 15 dice
> Has no more Edge (we forgot about burning Edge points at that moment)
> DM asks Driver how fast he was going, calculates damage
> Player character ends up taking 20P damage
> DM says we hear a thunk and see the player character's body go flying in the air and landing awkwardly
> Everyone agrees to gtfo, abandon ship, and we escape
> Dead Player is dumbfounded, Driver has this utter look of disappointment, rest of the party's sides are in orbit
> Everyone loses the gamble that the Driver will be first to die
>>
>>51310781
This >>51310819

The Olaya cartel made a deal with the Koreans to provide tempo for their Ring in Seattle, leaving the Ring to handle the actual distribution and turf control. Don't know that the David ever actually had dealings there, and after the Tempo crackdown the Olaya are on the ropes. Maybe the character came over during the early 2070's when the money was flush to do some work for the Olaya, and ended up getting stranded after the drug trade imploded?
>>
>>51309477
>street sam
>just a violent sociopath
That ain't a real street sam, omae. Having a Code of Honor is mandatory on one.
>>
>>51308667
The image says "Dice Pools" right after it says skills, so presumably it's already counting in Characteristics at the very least.
>>
>>51311066
Oh anon, you poor naive little thing.
>>
>>51311162
>he goes by CGL's retarded conflation of street sams with cyberthugs
No anon, YOU'RE a naive little thing.
>>
>>51311175
>CGL's retarded conflation
The term was coined in Neuromancer, and believe me, the people it described didn't always have honor.
>>
>>51311187
I'm talking about oldskool Shadowrun, not what it liberally ripped off of.
>>
>>51311201
And why should I not believe that it's a case of poh-tay-toh poh-tah-toh?
>>
>>51311243
Not him, but as far as our setting goes, Shadowrun is alternate history and Japanese culture has soaked into everything. If you are to carry the term "Samurai" with any degree of authenticity, you've implied there is some Code of Honor driving your behavior.
>>
>>51311818
Okay? That doesn't really hold relevance over what those dudes were talking about
>>
>>51311818
I thought the appropriation of culture without authenticity was the point, omae.
>>
>>51311818
>Japanese culture has soaked into everything
And you can say the same thing about the Sprawl trilogy, yet Molly Millions had no honor beyond simple loyalty. Honestly, it's better this way; if out of a thousand men who call themselves Street Samurai only one has a Code of Honor, then that gives the setting a proper cyberpunk dystopia feel. Besides, Code of Honor (Bushido) was included in the Street Samurai archetype, so if the majority of players prefer to use the Neuromancer definition, it's not CGL's fault.

Also this
>>51311937
>>
>>51304229
There's also armored bodybags
Armor 8 I believe don't ask me where.
>>
Trying to make sure I understand Spirit Natural Weapon's Immunity:

Force 6 Spirit is summoned by Runner. Ganger shoots it with, say, an Uzi.

Let's say they get 1 net hit, for the sake of simulation:

So it's DV8 vs the Spirit's 12 armor - which has natural immunity, meaning it does literally nothing?

So Natural Immunity is just hardened armor at a rate of essence*2?
>>
>>51314069
eyup
>>
>>51305072
Well to throw out a few Ideas, Devil rats, Demon Rats, Hell Hounds, Shadow Hounds, Storm Crows, Shamblers, Basilisks, and Feral Ghouls.

Chupacabras are almost certently not found on cuba.
>>
>>51314083

So they don't have armor though, so AP- doesn't do anything?

And then their damage resistance test is just Bod, with free hits equal to their essence?
>>
>>51314175
nope, they have armor
the hardened armor
if your DV+net hits is smaller than their hardened armor-AP it does nothing
>>
>>51305104
>meta-planes that are just different timelines
You could almost certently find WWII or post apocalyptic themed metaplanes, or parts of metaplanes, especially the Metaplane of Man. But it is more likely going to obey dream logic and conceptual authenticity than historical realism.

If you want a pixel perfect WWII adventure, your much better off using an Ultra Violet node than a metaplane. If something like defeating a team of nazis at baseball, or storming a bunker filled with ghouls dressed as nazis sound like more your speed, go with a metaplane. Keep in mind that neither UV nodes nor metaplaner gateways that let mundanes in are particularly common occurrences.
>>
File: mfw.png (187KB, 400x325px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
187KB, 400x325px
>>51314069
>>51314083
>>51314175
>>51314195

I'm the GM, so I was discussing spirits with the group mage. They've done it once before, but it was way earlier into the campaign when we didn't know shit with the system and were kind of winging it. So I decided to revisit it to see what's possible.

I ran a sim to see if it would even be possible for them to summon a force 12 spirit. It is.

Then I did the math of what a force 12 spirit's stats are.

What the actual fuck. This is insane.

Granted they could never hope to BIND it. But just having it show up for an encounter (at the cost of 4 physical boxes) seems worth the fucking tradeoff.
>>
>>51314661
That of course depends on how you interpret "service"
Because I can't imagine you getting many net hits
So yeah, you have a being that is extremely dangerous
But you can make it do what, 2 things? And then it's gone. And you still have the drain damage

If it worth it? In some situations yes
I'd it something you could use to steamroll an entire run? Fuck no
>>
>>51314811
Tell force 12 spirit to protect you. Run at the enemies while to shields you and kills everything it can get its Astral hands on. Do this till sundown.
Still probly not worth it but could come in handy in a pinch.
>>
>>51314811
Well, the book notes that an entire combat constitutes one service, so if you run afoul of a HRT it could help.
>>
>>51314811

1 Net hit, 1 service.

Unbound service:

Combat: You can have a spirit fight on your side in
combat. The entire fight counts as a single service.
>>
Do background counts affect drain resist dice pools?
>>
>>51304521
>>51313937
Awesome, thank you both.
>>
So one other thing: if I have a fake SIN and it gets burnt, does that affect ownership for my guns and Matrix persona and whatnot? Am I best to transfer ownership of all possessions onto a real SIN if possible?
>>
File: 1444180820343.jpg (3MB, 1900x1190px) Image search: [Google]
1444180820343.jpg
3MB, 1900x1190px
>>51300497
>>
>>51315773
Real SIN, probably not. Having a SIN means you're in the system, biometrics, DNA, everything. And it's hard to get licenses for restricted gear if you're not actually legally qualified to own it.

Get another Fake SIN at the earliest opportunity and transfer everything to it.
>>
>>51315773
Any licenses, gear, and lifestyles linked to a burnt SIN also get burnt. A real SIN is useful in that you can legit buy things, no problems, few questions asked (so long as you have the proper licenses, which can be troublesome depending on the gear/locale), however you are just asking to be smote by GOD as soon as you break the law and your face/prints/bodily fluids are recorded at the scene of a crime.
>>
How do so many people play AR games like Miracle Shooter and not get accidentally murdered by the police or run into oncoming traffic?
>>
>>51315953
>oncoming traffic?
They do. In the entry on what Miracle Shooter is, it makes a point of saying people do that
>>
>>51315953
You don't?
Like many things in the Sixth World it is a horrible idea made by horrible people.
>>
>>51315953

Same way a bunch of people got arrested for tresspassing in the wake of the Pokemon Go fad
>>
File: 1460733174487.jpg (80KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
1460733174487.jpg
80KB, 700x394px
I don't know if anyone's seen this yet but it's a simplified cut down cyberpunk rpg homebrew.

http://www.1km1kt.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/digital_shades_v1_2.pdf
>>
So if Aztlan's prancing about talking about blood magic and the old Aztec ways, where's Quetzalcoatl or some vague approximate equivalent dragon to him?
>>
>>51316977
Aztec magic is NOT blood magic.
>>
Is there a Chummer-like character creator for Earthdawn?
>>
>>51316977
Aztlan's faith is actually acknowledged in-universe to not accurately resemble the actual faith they worshipped, and was implied to have been manipulated by unseen forces to become more focused on violence and twisted magic to further their agenda, which seems linked to bringing the Horrors back early.
>>
Question: Does anyone have a good resource for the lakota language, particularly slang or swear words (assuming they exist, my knowledge of the language is basically all gleaned from online dictionaries). I thought it might be neat to slip some words into my speech, since my character's native language is lakota rather than english, but don't really know anything beyond, like, replacing chummer with 'khola'.
>>
File: redd_by_gamera1985-d7g8t9f.jpg (111KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
redd_by_gamera1985-d7g8t9f.jpg
111KB, 894x894px
Its crazy that the Horizon Flying Eye exists alongside the Renraku Scuttler Remote Cyberhand, yet we don't have any sort of wireless, flight-capable cyberlimbs.
>>
>>51317758
It's crazy that anything exists.
Makes you think.
>>
>>51317758
Can't you use a scuttler as a modular cyberhand? I mean you can't omit the limb for daily use but you can detatch it and remote pilot it.
>>
>>51316977
Most of the azzie priesthood are actually hermatics according to the old book on Aztlan. The entire thing is one big lie designed to prop up their attempts to summon the Horrors.
>>
>>51314126
the thin is that hard targes explicit that chubacapra ARE found on cuba... and are a vampire monkey lizard creature
>>
>>51310889
No, he deliberately came to Seattle with intent to stay. However, after the Bogota war concluded (which was 2074 I believe) he worked as a cartel mercenary, so they may have had something to do with it.
>>
>>51310835
> Rolls his stunt dice; no hits on 15 dice
That's almost impressive.
>>
>>51317758
sorry bucko the human brain can't comprehend having a flying hand much like how it can't comprehend having a third arm or leg
replacing the bottom half of your torso with a robot centaur body is A-OK though
>>
>>51314880
If it's unbound then one instance of "protection" would be assisting you in combat and take one service each time.
>>
File: actually.png (21KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
actually.png
21KB, 700x700px
>>51322072
>sorry bucko the human brain can't comprehend having a flying hand much like how it can't comprehend having a third arm or leg
But you can get that. Hell, Nartakis have them naturally.
>>
File: Internet Punches.png (20KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
Internet Punches.png
20KB, 400x388px
>>51322110
Idiot.

A) he's mocking the arbitrary limits that CGL puts on stuff like extra cyberlimbs while allowing extra non-human cyberlimbs like the centaur liminal body

B) Nartaki aren't humans. They're metavariants with a different neural makeup.
>>
>>51322110
thing is: fluff wise nartaki and changelings with shiva arms are the only ones that can get it, since their brains can handle it
for everyone else their brain doesn't know how to handle it

Stupid? sure. But thems the breaks, chummer.
If you want more arms you have to talk to your GM if he allows it
>>
>>51322136
>Idiot.
Hey, Poe's Law.

>>51322138
I do remember though that there is a RAW-friendly way for a troll to get 4 cyberlimbs, because that's how some other player got them.
>>
>>51322167
Most likely as a Changeling with Shiva Arms, as I said
other than that and/or having two drone arms attached to your torso you can't
>>
>>51322167
In retrospect, did you mean
>4 cyberlimbs
as
>4 cyberarms or 4 cyberlegs
or
>4 limbs replaced
?

Because we are currently talking about the first, having 4 arms as an example
the second would just be getting 2 cyberarms and 2 cyberlegs, and is RAW as hell
>>
>>51322331
4 cyberarms, so he was likely a Changeling with Shiva Arms as mentioned previously.
>>
Suppose you break into a chicken joint. One by one you take blood samples and scan everybody's SIN and fingerprints.

What could you do with that to make a large profit?
>>
File: Frys Aztech.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Frys Aztech.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
>>51322373
'Chicken joint' as in 'local KFC'? And you take samples from the employees, or the customers as well?

You could sell the identities to someone like the Vory, who will flip them into fake SINs.
>>
File: GITS lineup.jpg (938KB, 3000x1616px) Image search: [Google]
GITS lineup.jpg
938KB, 3000x1616px
>>51300949
>Leverage
Sup my brethen?
>>
>>51305515
>designer pets like housecat sized siberian tigers

If only they have stats for things like cyberdogs...
>>
So I'm looking at Earthdawn and the step system isn't nearly as scary as I was lead to believe it was. It's literally just dnd-style "roll against a target number" with some slight additional bonuses for rolling over the TN a certain amount. What's the catch I'm missing here?
>>
>>51322777
It leads to some absurdly screwy math.
>>
>>51323180
Give me an example. Assuming 4th edition, as I've heard people groaning that it brought die back that got excised in 3rd edition.
>>
We all gonna migrate to the other /srg/ still up after this one falls off /tg/?
>>
>>51323387
No shoot. I've been double-dipping threads this whole time anyway.

>>51294351
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.