[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 39

File: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth.png (110KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth.png
110KB, 223x310px
Urborg, Tomb of Modern Edition

Here lies our hopes and dreams of a fun meta. First the Twin ban, then the Eldrazi domination.

How do you plan to survive the following 2 months?
>>
>>45286146
playing standard/draft
>>
what are you going to do anons buy into eldrazi or get anally pounded until papa wizards decides your ass cant take any more cock
>>
>>45285852
Could somebody link the decklist?
I can't find it anywhere
>>
>>45286146
I'm making a pauper gauntlet in the mean time, you guys have any cool pauper brews you wanna share?
>>
>>45286190
Trade away every eldrazi card i have, make some good profit and hope ot gets banned after I am done
>>
>>45286146
I'm going to be playing legacy and pauper. My merfolk can rest for a bit.
>>
>>45286195
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/mtgo-standings/modern-ptq-2016-02-07
>>
Reminder that you can't save modern just by banning the strongest deck around
>>
>>45286146
I'll be fine because the pro tour isn't representative of my lgs
>>
Thankfully, my LGS only has one guy with an Eldrazi deck, but I doubt he'll go full retard with the PT decks.

I'll probably try to offload the few eldrazi cards for a quick buck, I refuse to play them out of of spite.
>>
>>45286283
>>45286146

This. There might be one or two memers that show up with it but I feel pretty good about my infect list's matchup.
>>
>>45286240
just unban glimpse, seething song, some other pure combo cards.
>>
>>45286190
Buy into the next big thing in the meta. It's pretty obvious if you think about it.

Jeskai Ascendancy is gonna be crazy good with all the madness cards they're printing in SoI. The madness cards will be pushed, just like eldrazi were, to encourage modern players to buy standard packs.

And then, before they ban Ascendancy, I'll switch into the next obvious pushed archetype, sell off my cards, and profit.

Eventually I'll have enough to buy into a non rotating format.
>>
so over the most recent summer I bought mono blue tron on a whim. Never played it once. Now I'm sitting on 4 chalice that were ~10 each at the time. What do I but into? Standard? I refuse to play eldrazi.
>>
>>45286195
>>45286223
He was on the original Wafo-Tapa list with one Remand out for a Condemn, and an 8 Fetch 3 GQ mana base.

The sideboard was pretty stock too (1 Elspeth, 2 Baneslayer, 1 Wrath, Teferi, Purge etc.) but he wasn't running Thoughtseize so he had room for Clique and Firewalker to help with Burn.
>>
>>45286393
So whats the advantage of Esper over something like Jeskai?
>>
>>45286383

U/R Prowess is quite a bit of fun
>>
>>45286383
You might as well buy into standard, since wizards has decreed that modern will rotate with pushed standard mechanics.

First it was delve (the only mistake with dig through time and treasure cruise that wizards made was making them so powerful that most of the idiots playing modern immediately recognized they needed to be banned).
>>
>>45286412
Esper Charm is really, really good.

You also have access to Thoughtseize/Night of Soul's Betrayal in your sideboard.

Thoughtseize in particular makes your combo matchup a lot more bearable.
>>
>>45286412
super dumb amounts of card advantage
>>
>>45286412
Basically Thoughtseize/IoK vs. Lightning Bolt.
>>
>>45286146
playing hearthstone
>>
>>45286377
Madness would be cool for jeskass but I don't think any card would improve it too much. Either you get it out and win or it dies to Decay on the spot. If there was a dope madness cantrip it could make faithless looting even better for digging for another though, but as is it's solid yet fragile in certain matchups.
Which version do you run? Mana dorks version or control version?
>>
WOTC should:

Ban:
>Disciple of the Vault
>Cranial Plating
>Eye of Ugin
>Deceiver Exarch

Unban:
>Splinter Twin
>Artifact Lands
>Ancestral Vision
>>
>>45286474
I once played against Jund with Esper control.

He had a lilliana of the veil in play for like, 6 turns (I kept bouncing it with cryptic to avoid getting ultimate'd) and still had a stocked hand by the time I killed it (I had like 6 cards in hand I think)

Eventually I hit enough land drops to kill it off with Collonade.

Jeskai doesn't have the resiliency against hand disruption that Esper does.
>>
File: Esper_Charm.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Esper_Charm.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>45286412
This card is really fucking good.

Combined with Think Twice, you can build up really ridiculous card advantage and just totally out-grind people. UWR Control is a strong deck, but it's mostly cantrips and incremental advantage with Snapcaster instead of raw CA, so you're more likely to run out of gas.

Also, UWR leans heavily on Mana Leak and Remand as early game counters, so they have a lot more dead draws late game than Esper does, which is basically running 10 hard counters + Snapcaster.
>>
>remember that tripfag Ash would post about how easily they steamrolled other players with their Eldrazi deck on MTGO for the last month

We had the warning signs, /tg/. Why didn't you listen?
>>
>>45286520
I was busy waiting for boobs
>>
File: simian spirit guide spike.png (201KB, 971x477px) Image search: [Google]
simian spirit guide spike.png
201KB, 971x477px
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Planar+Chaos/Simian+Spirit+Guide#paper

are your jimmies rustled yet?
>>
>>45286517
Jeskai has the ability to burn people out, but it folds to Thoughtseize/Inquisition.

Esper does not give a shit about thoughtseize and laughs at it.
>>
>>45286146
playing jank like i always do,
splash red for bloodmoon
>>
>>45286539
nice photoshop
>>
>>45286283
what a fun lgs you must have, mine is always a mini version of the pro leauges because only 3 people know how to make decks.
>>
Is the deck really busted or is it just that no one expected it?
>>
>>45286146
I just bought fallout 4. At this point, I trust bethesda to release a more quality product than wizards.

>>45286520
>having unfiltered tripfags.

I'm pretty sure the only reason people didn't listen is because most rational individuals filter trips.

>>45286501
I'm really just expecting a lot of high value madness cards. Nothing that will really increase the lethality of the combo, but cards that will improve its consistency. A nice catchall answer with a cheap madness cost, a madness wrath, etc, etc. Cards that let it function more like twin: a tempo shell built with 8 combo cards included in it.
>>
>>45286592
The later
>>
>>45286539

I have four of these. I'm tempted to see if I can trade them for legacy cards or to just hold onto them and see if there's a deck I do want to play that will use them.
>>
The appeal of Esper is that goodstuff BGx draw of Thoughtseize -> Goyf -> Lilliana isn't enough to beat your average draw.
>>
>>45286592

We literally don't know.

People haven't had the chance to properly build against it yet.
>>
>>45286592
having 8 sol lands which lets you cast 8 mana worth of shit by turn 2-3 is pretty busted.
>>
>want to build Restore Balance
>Simian Spirit Guide spikes and doubles the price of the deck
The decks still only $150 but still I just can't catch a damn break.
>>
Just bought 160 Drowner of Hope
>>
File: torpor.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
torpor.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
So is there anything fast enough to stop elcancerzi?
>>
File: image.jpg (937KB, 2448x2146px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
937KB, 2448x2146px
Waiting on Time Warps.
Can't afford a cryptic.
I don't need that shit though. I'm a strong independent time mage who don't need no blue staples
COMBROS WW@
>>
>>45286581
>i'm literally too retarded to click the provided source to confirm the legitimacy of the provided image
>>
File: okay then.png (641KB, 636x616px) Image search: [Google]
okay then.png
641KB, 636x616px
>>45286539

I was thinking of building Ad Nauseam just so I would have something else to play with but fuck that, I guess.
>>
>>45286517
Just make sure you never say "esper charm myself" or you'll get rules lawyered right out of the tournament.
>>
>>45286684
nice meme
>>
>>45286581
it's not a shop.
>>
>>45286668
Torpor Orb doesn't help too much because every eldrazi is on cast. And the problem isn't their triggered abilities, it's the sheer power. Think of a deck with 16 goyfs that can come out in multiples on the first 3 turns.
>>
>>45286501
Abrupt Decay is being held back by Eldrazi so hard it's stupid right now.
>>
>>45286620
>>45286546

Literally how does that work? I thought control was bad against discard.
>>
>>45286539
they're still on magiccardmarket for like 3 euros a pop
should I buy four playsets?
oh god I'm so confused how is a common worth that much
>>
>>45286610
>>45286624
So whiners and criers as usual? They seem extra loud this PT.
>>
>>45286715
>oh god I'm so confused how is a common worth that much
One printing and people only just realised the card is busted.
>>
>>45286723

>So whiners and criers as usual?

No Anon, I'm pretty fucking sure that I said "We don't know"
The people saying "The only reason Eldrazi won is because people weren't prepared" are JUST as wrong and stupid as the ones saying "ELDRAZI ARE OVERPOWERED! MODERN IS DEAD!"

We. Don't. Know.
>>
>>45286706
>Torpor Orb doesn't help too much because every eldrazi is on cast
Wrong. That only applies to processor eldrazi, not the colorless eldrazi deck. Having said that, it only hits eldrazi mimic and endless one, which is good enough I suppose.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 395x503px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 395x503px
>>45286690
>>
>>45286690
Clearly you're nuking your own Demonic Pact.
>>
Wizards wouldn't print all these crazy eldrazis without some hate in the next sets. Just keep that in mind before complaining too much
>>
>>45286723
Eldrazi were 8% of the field on day 1 and are 6 out of 8 decks in the top 8 and make up an enormous percentage of day 2

it's pretty safe to say that they're the biggest baddest deck on the block now, but maybe there's something that can be played to deal with it, who knows

probably not though
>>
>>45286713
it's a pile of cards that say "draw a card" they'll grind the BGx deck into dust then resolve an elspeth. gg.
>>
File: Tortured Faeries.jpg (63KB, 335x539px) Image search: [Google]
Tortured Faeries.jpg
63KB, 335x539px
>>45286210
Not satisfied with the sideboard but I think it is a decent deck from what I've played/playtested.
Definitely on the memey side but not full infect or glaze fiend levels, it has some game against everything but Tiling treefolk.dec (which isn't real).
>>
>>45286539
Holy fucking shit. Is this just PT hype or are they gonna keep going up?
>>
>>45286801

So modern really is a rotating format, then?
>>
File: 1426848677912.jpg (50KB, 596x533px) Image search: [Google]
1426848677912.jpg
50KB, 596x533px
Nobody at my lgs is playing eldrazi so far so dgaf. There's at least 80 people playing modern every Friday so i doubt even an 8th will buy in. Ima keep hustlin my goblins
>>
>>45286723
Here's your reasons as to why the whining is the loudest it's ever been:

>Wizards recently banned a deck for quite literally no valid reason out of nowhere
>This PT was a complete shitshow in terms of metagame
>The commentators wouldn't stop going on about how these new amazing decks were filled with cards from the latest set, ie. turning into fucking Yugioh
>Wizards spoiling information to vendors about bans early combined with the unholy price spikes surrounding Modern

Wizards have broken their own game in the face of common sense just so they can make bank on the new set, and people are sick of it.
>>
So what about that huge announcement, there was none.
>>
File: Image.png (149KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
149KB, 223x311px
Heres my card to fight eldrazi, i play a token midrange deck so chumping a 1/1 then dealing 13/13 is fine by me
>>
>>45286606
I run the mana dork version so it's hard to adapt the list for twin-like backup gameplay (its pretty much 44 combo pieces) but a madness wrath would make the DnT matchup fucking glorious. Fuck I hate Canonist and Eidolon of Rhetoric so hard.

>>45286712
I love it personally. BGx is a tough one; hand disruption, enchantment destruction, creature destruction, FUCKING SACRIFICE EFFECTS WHAT THE SHIT.
>>
>>45286844
The commentators also kept using the word "diverse" every five minutes while showing Eldrazi vs Eldrazi. That grinded my gears.
>>
>>45286817
I mean come on, who doesn't like just drawing cards forever.
>>
>>45286873
The announcement is that you can get booster packs of the new Oath of the Gatewatchâ„¢ set containing the Thought-Knot Seers and Reality Smashers you saw destroying a big money tournament at nearby retail outlets!
>>
File: DSCF8538.jpg (722KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF8538.jpg
722KB, 1600x1200px
>>45286674
time bros reporting!
>>
>>45286900
Oh I love the deck. The only thing keeping me from playing it is the price of colonnade.
>>
>>45286895
What pissed me off the most was their substitution of the word "deck" for "archetype". Archetypes are aggro, control, combo, and everything inbetween in order to flagrantly dance around the fact that this PT was so heavily skewed towards aggro that it boggles the mind. 50% of all decks brought to the event were aggro, and 100% of the top 8. I'm pretty sure 100% of the top 16 was too.
>>
Are Fulminator mage and Ghost Quarters common enough that it's better to fill the last few land slots with Wastes instead of something like Sea Gate Wreckage?
>>
File: think_twice.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
think_twice.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>>45286713
It depends heavily on the deck. Esper is incredibly redundant, so discard is pretty weak against you.

I can basically laugh off any one-for-one trades that don't actually threaten my life total, because my deck will always draw ahead eventually.
>>
>>45286146
I attended a pretty average modern FNM 2 days ago. 37 people showed up. Top 8 had 6 eldrazi decks, including mine, a junk and a b/w tokens for some reason. Feels good man.
>>
>>45286844
>Wizards recently banned a deck for quite literally no valid reason out of nowhere
Pretty much every deck that ran red and blue put the twin package in. Is it busted? No. Was it stopping people from being at all original, yes.
>>
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=11502&f=MO

KEKED
U
C
K
E
D
>>
>>45286817
In a post board game against Junk, my opponent fired off multiple Inquisitions while I had an Elspeth in my hand but never saw a thoughtseize.

I just counted to six lands and elspeth was gg
>>
>>45286988

So the solution to "Blue isn't good" was "Ban the only good thing blue can do"?

Brilliant.
>>
How many Simian Spirit Guides do I buy for 5 dollars each?
I'm thinking 3 playsets
>>
>>45286988
>Was it stopping people from being at all original, yes.
Blue cards do not magically become better by banning Splinter Twin. All blue decks ran Twin because blue was secretly the weakest colour in Modern, which is an offshoot of the outright truth that control is dead, when blue lends itself to control the most.
>>
>>45286806
The problem is that no other tier 1 or even tier 2 decks are set up to be able to fight it, so you either need to play a deck which IS good against Eldrazi (and likely shit against the rest of the field, so unlikely to get anywhere close to the finals anyways), or brainstorm some way to beat a deck that potentially swings for 20 on turn 2.

I think some people said ensnaring bridge variants fare decently against Eldrazi if the game goes past turn 3-4, so there's 8rack and lantern control. Aside from that there's really not much, control is too slow and they can always respond to your wrath by putting in a 5/5 haste next turn. Burn and tron get completely shit on, Affinity looks like a roughly equal matchup. And there are so many open sideboard slots that could be replacd with something better (gut shot), if any deck gets popular enough to counter it, Eldrazi can just run hate in the sideboard.

There's a reason people are saying this is one of the strongest decks they've played since cawblade. It's a hyper aggro deck with the creature depth of midrange. Expect the field to become Eldrazi, Affinity, and "What can I play against Eldrazi to stand a chance of winning".
>>
>>45286963

But anon, Eldrazi is control! Mtgtop8 says so! Aren't you enjoying this diverse meta and the long awaited return of control?
>>
>>45287025
They're already 12-15 dollars. You're too late. We're all too late.
>>
>>45286988
>Was it stopping people from being at all original, yes.
1. Who cares
2. That isn't even true (delver and scapeshift both didn't play twin and grixis delver was popular for a while, not to mention ur storm or variations of goryo's vengeance)
>>
I feel like making a "casual" build with Pod and Cloudpost to see how dumb this can get.
>>
>>45287040
They're $22.
>>
>>45287072
Fuck, even worse. God fucking dammit.
>>
>>45286918
Love it/10
Also sicknasty card art, I'm jelly af.
Keep on timewalkin' my friend.
>>
how does bw tokens fare against memedrazi
>>
>>45287030
mtgtop8's 3rd best control deck is a straight up RG Scapeshift deck so shut the FUCK up I ain't in the mood.
>>
What if this is all an elaborate plan to increase the power level of modern to set up a reprint of counterspell?
>>
>>45286988
This is actually fairly accurate. For all the whining about twin, and even considering how it was a "fair" deck, it's boring as shit when you see blue turn one and you expect the deck to contain twin 75% of the time, and if it's blue red that chance shoots up to 95%. The game became a stale "I need to take turn three off in case he just end step wins the game against me", which after seeing it for years became boring as shit. But hey, lots of other decks are boring uninteractive shit like storm, tron and bloom (rip).

It's kind of like how snapcaster is an instant 4 of in almost every blue deck aside from merfolk and apparently this new u/r eldrazi which functions as pseudo burn anyways because your shit your hand out turn three. I said it a couple days ago, but I think the main reason Wizards is scared to make blue good again is because snapcaster will instantly make it TOO good. It's a tough road to balance control when you can run a card which essentially puts 5-8 copies of any card you want in the deck. And Wizards is just shit anyways.
>>
>>45287159
They put Lingering Souls into exile with their turn 2 4/4. THAT is how is fares.
>>
File: 454675678758.jpg (55KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
454675678758.jpg
55KB, 640x640px
>been first striking down Reality Smashers all day with death and taxes
>strip mining their Eyes and Temples
>fair to good matchups against the rest of the field too
So what's your excuse for not playing the quintessential "pile of shit that comes together to be greater than the sum of it's parts" deck?
>>
>>45287171

What if your mom increased the power level of my dick?
>>
>>45287181
YAY LOOK AT ME I'M BEING CREATIVE LOOK AT MY MODERN ILLUSION TRIBAL DECK OH FUCK I'M GETTING MY SHIT PUSHED IN I GUESS CREATIVITY ISN'T REWARDED IN A COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT
>>
>>45287181
>snapcaster is an instant 4 of in almost every blue deck aside from merfolk and apparently this new u/r eldrazi
Esper control usually runs 2 Snapcasters.
>>
>Realize legacy has access to crop rotation, so Green Eldrazi can guarantee they'd have a first-turn Eye of Ugin/Eldrazi Temple every time

Gentlemen of /tg/, how busted can we make this deck?
>>
>>45287110
still need one more cryptic and a few sideboard cards but they're in the mail

good to see another timebro!
>>
>>45287212
The Twitch stream ended ages ago bud.
>>
>>45287241
Does it even need it? You can run Ancient Tomb and do the same thing
>>
>>45287181
>it's boring as shit when you see blue turn one and you expect the deck to contain twin 75% of the time, and if it's blue red that chance shoots up to 95%
Threats are too good, answers aren't good enough. The only reasonable answers in Blue are Deceiver Exarch and Pestermite with a Splinter Twin on them.
>It's kind of like how snapcaster is an instant 4 of in almost every blue deck aside from merfolk
I play only one in Scapeshift.
>>
>>45287264

Ancient Tomb is old and busted. Why would I want to take damage for my colorless mana acceleration?
>>
>>45286702
The shops are the lands
>>
>>45287241
To be honest you might just be playing a bad 12post.
>>
>>45287211
Fish eats D&T alive
>>
>>45287241
What if someone FOWs your crop rotation?
>>
Fish Player here. How the fuck do I board against Eldrazi? Do I just try to ignore them and play under their fatties? I'm running 4 Spreading, 1 Claim and 1 GQ MB with another GQ in the side.

Funny enough, I'm actually tempted to run Horribly Awry because it counters the big shit and can even catch Emmy thanks to devoid.
>>
>>45287301
fair enough
something like GB eldrazi would be neat but I don't know what else it would do. I don't think you need Force, you could just run 4 CoS instead
>>
>>45287305

Or I might just be playing a BETTER 12 post. The deck is already dick-deep in eldrazi for its finishers, but it's waiting to bring them in late game. Whereas Reality Smasher is a damn good clock to put someone on.
>>
>>45287315
>2 for 2
Better question is what happens when they Daze your Crop Rotation.
>>
>>45287301
>not wanting to run 12 fucking sol lands
Jam Wasteland in there while we're at it.
>>
>>45287326
you're just going to lose.
>>
>tfw 50% of the cards in the best modern deck is standard legal right now.
Well they certainly didn't skimp on upping the power level of the set.
>>
Wasteland in Innistrad would make sense
>>
>>45287247
Aw man I really want dat cryptic. So fuggin bad!!
>that feel when running 4 copies of mine because I can't afford cryptic.
It's way too many. They're like gremlins, they seem to multiply in my hand and it's absolutely out of control.
Also Telling Time is the dankest most flavorful deck tech to have graced the format
>>
>>45287326
8 Seas style 4 GQ

Remove Kira and Reejeery. That's what I did. Punishing all these mana greedy decks and allows for plays with Snag and Unified Will.
>>
>>45287211
I play legacy DnT, and can't bring myself to play with arbiter.
>>
>>45287349
Why stop at 12?
>>
>>45287342
Then I recommend running basically the exact same shit as 12post but with posts/Candelabras substituted for memelands and big dudes substituted for memedrazi.
>>
>>45287388
you don't need to with ports locking shit down
>>
File: spikes.jpg (174KB, 965x708px) Image search: [Google]
spikes.jpg
174KB, 965x708px
Painter's Servant just doubled on tcgplayer
>>
>>45287218
for anons that don't know why, Snapcaster works best with cheap spells, and Esper's curve is kind of high so having 4 snapcasters would have them be stuck in your hand a decent amount of the time.

In most URx decks Snappy is a 3 drop, but in Esper he's like a 5-6 drop, hence why it only runs 2.
>>
>>45287391
Throw in some vesuva
Why doesn't the modern version do that actually
>>
>>45287367
Its Eye of Eugene. Broken ass card.
>>
>>45287367

They actually took the power level down. That allows them to be ridiculously cheap with the Eldrazi Sol lands.

Eye and Temple are fine when its ramping out 7-15 drops. When it makes shit free you're just playing a better version of Mishra's Workshop.

Were just going to have to sit here and wait for a ban. Literally a 100% chance of this getting banned out, and there isn't really any way to combat it.

Look at the PT when Glimpse and Jitte were legal.
>>
>>45287371
Why not more telling times?

>tfw you telling time into a temporal mastery
hgnnnn
>>
>>45287367
Not really. They found a set of sol lands that were tailor-made for the new cards, the new cards themselves would be mediocre at best without them.

>>45286918
I REALLY don't like seeing Remand against Eldrazi or Turbos against Burn/Affinity.
>>
>>45287437
It's an ETBT land that can't be profitably played turn 1, when ETBT lands are okay in Modern.
>>
>>45287349
MEME DECK COMING THROUGH

4 Endless One
4 Eldrazi Mimic
2 Spellskite
4 Matter Reshaper
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Reality Smasher
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Thorn of Amethyst
2 Dismember
4 Warping Wail
4 Eldrazi Temple
4 Eye of Ugin
4 Ancient Tomb
4 Wasteland
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 Cavern of Souls
2 City of Traitors
SB: 4 Relic of Progenitus
SB: 2 Dismember
SB: 4 Phyrexian Revoker
SB: 1 All Is Dust
SB: 2 Pithing Needle
SB: 2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
>>
File: 1454268198363.png (147KB, 311x223px) Image search: [Google]
1454268198363.png
147KB, 311x223px
so who else moving to /standard/ now here? The format should be great once khans rotates out, right?
>>
>>45287381

So basically go full Blue Moon featuring merfolk? 4 GQ has me worried about colors because that's 8/19 sources being colorless plus Cavern, which is effectively 12/19 for Claim/Spreading.

How's Unified Will been for you?
>>
>>45287437
It's basically standard here anyway.
>>
>>45286918
How expensive is a Takin' turns list anyway?

Been oggling the deck for a bit now and it looks fun as fuck for me, fuck my opponents.
>>
>>45287422
Exactly, Arbiter is such a profoundly unexciting card when you dont have a gq, or they can pay for it. I don't want to have to play a bear in a format full of goyfs and eldrazi.
>>
>>45287487
meant for
>>45287478
>>
>>45287501
BW featuring Scullers, Stranglers, and Fiend Hunters?
>>
>>45287477
Miracles literally can't beat this deck without a really fast Mentor draw.
>>
>>45287534
That sounds a lot more fun. I'm sold if I can get some confidants.
>>
>>45287543
Terminus, Terminus, Terminus.
>>
>>45287478

It's either Legacy or FoW for me. Though right now I have no idea of how fun FoW is or how much money you're supposed to burn to play it.
>>
>>45287467
I think this deck just folds to eldrazi, I can sometimes not lost to burn/aggro but this just seems too big too fast

turbos?

>>45287490
Uh, this was about $300 so far, bought most of it as a lot for $220 but then had to pick up the cryptics and a few more remands
>>
>>45287486
The 4 GQ and 4 Mutas = 4 Wastelands and 4 Muta, and I up the mana base to 20.

It's a necessary evil. I completely removed Cavern because counterspells are garbage in Modern. And I'll eat the Cryptic if it gets me another Lord the next turn.

Unified Will is great against unfair decks and Burn. You typically have 2 or 3 fish vs an EofGR or Goblin Guide.

How it beats Eldrazi I have no clue.
>>
>>45287554
Good luck Miracling the thing with Chalice on 1 shutting off Top.
>>
>>45287576
just started playing FoW, it's been a blast so far because everyone else in the store is also pretty new, feels just just starting out in magic, no need to care about metas or lists, just doing what seems cool, picking up a box of chaff commons and brewing, its a nice feeling of freedom
>>
>>45287543
LOL DAZE UR MIMIC
LOL BRAINSTORM INTO FOW YOUR SMASHER

TERMINUS!!!
DETENTION SPHERE!!!
SWORDS!!!
WASTELAND!!!
>>
>>45287633
Miracles doesn't even play Daze/Wasteland or Sphere.
>>
>>45287580
Symmetrical drawing effects. Giving Burn more draws is terrible, what you want to be doing is locking them out of the game.

Mine/Dictate gives them fuel.
>>
>mutavault spike
why?

http://sales.starcitygames.com/search.php?substring=Mutavault&t_all=All&start_date=2010-01-29&end_date=2012-04-22&order_1=finish&limit=25&action=Show%2BDecks&card_qty[1]=1&auto=Y

I just bought a playset like a month ago for $50 and now they're $30 a piece
>>
File: deceiver of Sifter.jpg (276KB, 624x445px) Image search: [Google]
deceiver of Sifter.jpg
276KB, 624x445px
>>45286276
Bump
>>
>>45287679
because it's good in the colorless eldrazi deck
>>
>>45286883
Personally I think Kozilek's Return could work great, specially if you run Eldrazi yourself. It comes in a little slow but can be used to kill all the Mimics / Skyspawner / Scions and the occasional 2/2 Endless One, greatly decreasing their board pressence, partially cutting off their mana base and making Vile Aggregate much less of a threat.

On the second go, Kozilek's Return kills everything they have, Reality Smashers, Drowners of Hope, Vile Aggregate itself and TKS.

On top of that I don't think Return targets anything, so I think it doesn't trigger Smasher's ability.
>>
>>45287595
iirc the cmc still counts as 7, not 1.

>>45287462
The multiples of mine have grown on me somehow. I don't know how or why, but they're the cutest lil artifact I've seen, and without Jace I'm thinking I need at least 2.
Optimally I'd go 2 mine 4 kruphix, as 4 mine is fucking w h a c k y, but in the meantime I'm going ALL IN ON HOWLIN' MINE
>>
>>45287588

That's fair. I guess if you cut Cavern (I'm only on 2 anyway), then yea. I'll give it a shot. Painters Servant is a thing atm, too, but I don't think we need it with seas claim and shit. Servant also gets hit with Warping Wail and Gutshot.

I think Remove Soul and friends aren't a terrible option against Eldrazi, but it might be more of a bandaid than a solution.

8 Seas and 4 GQ is probably the best bet.
>>
File: mean girls1.jpg (178KB, 879x1199px) Image search: [Google]
mean girls1.jpg
178KB, 879x1199px
Hey geekboy, lend me your Eye of Ugin.
>>
>>45287346
BLOWOUT
L
O
W
O
U
T

You'd get blown the fuck out, anon.
>>
So I pulled out my deck from years ago and started to learn to play. Most of my cards are green and blue and I really like how both are supposed to play and I like the cards.

However I heard it's a retarded combination that has no synergy. Thoughts?
>>
>>45287674
the list is definitely not good against burn, but ideally you only give them one draw with it, dictate end of turn 3 and then time warp turn 5, still doesn't work very much
>>
File: spreadthoseseas.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
spreadthoseseas.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
can we be good yet? ;_;
>>
>>45287865
That's not necessarily true. You just can't play good blue cards and good green cards and call that a deck like you can with green black or red blue. If you build the deck based around synergies, it can be strong. Infect is a good example.
>>
>>45287896
haha no get facefucked by eldrazi idiot
>>
>>45287865
I really like your deck anon, it seems good. How about mine? Pic related, it runs marsh vipers with psionic gifts and instill energies, as well as Prodigal Sorcerers and Venomous Fangs/Sigils of Sleep.

Do you think I could defeat the Eldrazi menace?
>>
>>45287762
haha, yeah 6 mine effects seems like at least what you need, its what I'm running and usually it's fine but sometimes you just miss, 5 seems awful
>>
>>45287890
I was thinking chalice of the void + 2 dispel/spellpierce in the sideboard, along with spellsnare would hold em at bay.

Chalice on turn 2 seems like the perfect answer to the matchup, but those damn memers spiked the price of it.
Leylines would be swag too.
>>
Who /movingtoadifferentcardgame/ here? Only thing worse then Magic right now is YuGiOh.
>>
File: Eldrazi Scion.png (276KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Eldrazi Scion.png
276KB, 375x523px
>>45286276
>>45287680
Needs more Eye
>>
>>45288029
this art is ugly as fuck
>>
>>45287998
yeah, was wanting to get a chalice before, also seemed fun doe affinity, but not anymore

have dispels in there already and pierce is in the mail, dunno if it'll have a >50% winrate but still
>>
File: saitama pacha.jpg (564KB, 810x1236px) Image search: [Google]
saitama pacha.jpg
564KB, 810x1236px
>tfw I managed to find someone on pucatrade to send my single eye of ugin to this morning
>>
>>45288022
I'm trying to work on making my free online card game
>>
>>45288022
Kek. It looks like I picked up the 40k of card games.

I'll feel right at home.
>>
>>45288022
I think I'd rather have Monarch mirrors than Eldrazi mirrors. At least Monarchs are literally 3 structure decks jammed together, can't get a cheaper T0 deck than that.
>>
>>45286504
Replace deceiver with pestermite tho.
>>
How badly does burn get fucked over by eldrazi? Trying to see if I'll need to be adding more paths to my Sideboard for this match
>>
>>45287478
I'm not moving back into standard until BFZ rotates out desu I can't stand the devoid cards, even looking at them triggers me

I don't think Eye of Ugin or Eldrazi Temple will be the format for much longer anyway
>>
>>45288091
>eidolon doesn't do shit
>can't attack on the ground
>thought knot seer is unkillable
Pretty good matchup for burn!
>>
>>45288098
eldrazi and devoid are fine when you can't ramp them out basically for free with eye and temple
>>
>>45288091
Burn has pretty much a 0% chance against Eldrazi since they play larger creatures than you have, faster than you can, meaning you're not going to get much out of your gg's and swiftspears past turn 2, if that
Their fatties are also out of range of lightning bolt so you can't clear them out without even MORE card disadvantage.
>>
>>45287912
By the way, how many land cards should I have in a standard deck of 60? Right now I have 8 blue and 8 green.
>>
>>45288131
Yes, I think my post demonstrated that i know that, what's your point
>>
>>45288116
Biggest threat that I can see is a turn 1 chalice, which shuts down half of my deck.
>>
>>45286999
>$1167

wew lad
>>
>>45288146
Oh man you are really new. It depends on your mana curve bro.
>>
>>45288146
uh, about 8 more
>>
>>45286539
>mfw I traded die a playset of ssgs last month
>mfw on phone, so no reaction images
>>
>>45288067
That body-type is the hottest thing ever tho, why boner whyyy

>>45287992
6 draw engines is definitely the sweetspot for the deck, any less and you increase the chance of unluckily missing it, any more and you end up with a fist full of howlin' mines. I could most certainly use less and add more defense.
>>
>>45288175
90% of that is lands.
>>
File: 1452278473208.jpg (618KB, 2000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1452278473208.jpg
618KB, 2000x2500px
>>45288220
>That body-type is the hottest thing ever tho, why boner whyyy
Smh fan
>>
>>45288029
Oh shit. I was just about to draw something just as degenerate. Good that others have gone down that weird road already.
>>
I don't know if I'm being cucked or something but I really want to play Eldrazi. I hope nothing gets banned, I'll build the fuck out of it.
>>
So are Soul Sisters going to come in and rock life on all these free creatures?
>>
>mfw I was pimping out my shitty eldrazi edh deck a month ago
>Vile Aggregate foil bought at 50 cents, now worth $20
>Endless One foil @ $1, now $13
>Eyes and Temples now worth loads of money

god bless Jiachen Tao
>>
>>45288294
No. It's garbage.
>>
>>45288143
Yea pretty much ever creature comes out.

Maybe its time to get Ensnaring bridges then. Does Eldrazi run any Artifact hate?
>>
>>45288201
Yep. I got that Magic app which I'll probably be told is shit, but it's helped give me an idea of what makes a good card and special rules.

But I have no idea how what the big picture is in this game.
>>
>>45288152
those lands aren't in standard
>>
>>45288236
I mean that's a nice body type too but I'm a sucker for dem sweet eldrazi thighs
>>
>>45288340
The sideboard pretty much exists to hate on affinity.
>>
>>45288340
I think the u/r eldrazi deck ran ancient grudge. And there are enough spare sideboard slots in eldrazi so they'll probably start running more.
>>
>>45288029
it bothers me that the colourless symbol is in the background but the text uses (1)

>>45288220
ive also seen really all in combo lists without any defenses, not sure which is better
>>
>>45287815
>tfw senpai notices you
>but not in a good way
Sarse?
>>
>>45286425
Can confirm, pretty fun and can be somewhat competitive on a budget (as competitive as budget can be)
>>
>>45288146
like others said, it depends on how much your average spell costs. I'd look into running some lands that can add either color, and some lands that do things, but tap for {c} like ghost quarter. Most decks run ~22 lands.
>>
>>45288389
Upotte!!

It's a show about schoolgirls that are literally guns
>>
>>45287072
should i sell my 8 SSG?

They were from my now non-existant living end (sold most cards like 2 years ago keeping the cycle cards and SSG).
>>
File: awoken by nightmares.png (22KB, 251x144px) Image search: [Google]
awoken by nightmares.png
22KB, 251x144px
>>45286146
>watch stream
>commentators suggest eldrazi are not that bad
>look at youtube comments
>people defending eldrazi
>>
>>45287215

>Creative
>Competitive

Pick one already motherfucker
>>
Are there rule differences between Magic Duels and Magic with real cards?
>>
>>45288505
kinda? like not officially but due to the simplified design a few things unintentionally act differently
>>
>>45286539
Is this the real life ?
>>
File: 1394563229794.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1394563229794.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>45288175
>16 minutes ago
>it's 1174$ now
Good thing the european market isn't going as haywire.
>>
>Reality Smasher was going to cost (C)(C)(C)(C)
>Instead it was changed to 4(C) because devs didn't want colorless decks to be over represented in Standard

Well good fucking going.
On top of that Ian blatantly stated that they don't test for Modern period.
>>
File: 235325.png (117KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
235325.png
117KB, 223x310px
>I hate this format and its players

So which deck should I build? Lantern control, 8 rack or Mono White Prison control?
>>
>>45288449
Gee maybe that was my point.
>>
>>45288416

Dunno anon, I would sell them if I were you since it will be unplayable once the banhammer falls on our tentacle friends
>>
>>45288592
You won't regret building Lantern. Fun as fuck.
>>
>>45288582

they only really test for standard. if shit in the new sets fucks modern they just ban shit like they did with Dig and T.C.
>>
>>45288686
I really hope so I can't bear to stand an entire year of Eldrazi.

Would actually rather go back to Standard.
>>
>>45288653
Is Lantern the new Eggs?
I miss Eggs.
>>
File: BRAVO WIZARDS.png (656KB, 930x601px) Image search: [Google]
BRAVO WIZARDS.png
656KB, 930x601px
>>45288382
I can't be arsed to update my MSE

>>45288426
Just give the meta time to adjust :^)

>>45288582
>>45288686
He outright likened it to Eldrazi version of Phyrexian Obliterator
>>
>>45287326
Reread horribly awry
>>
>>45288524
So I'm wrong here if I have questions about it?
>>
File: Pro Tour Atlanta 2016.jpg (90KB, 1032x569px) Image search: [Google]
Pro Tour Atlanta 2016.jpg
90KB, 1032x569px
FUN AND DIVERSE GOY- ER GUYS!
>>
>>45286539
fuck me for selling a playset for $20 a few weeks ago

at least I got eyes at $10
>>
>>45287326
>Horribly Awry because it counters the big shit and can even catch Emmy thanks to devoid.
Have you any idea what "cannot be countered" means?
>>
File: Oblivion Sour.png (625KB, 927x562px) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion Sour.png
625KB, 927x562px
>>
>>45288706
Maybe in terms of salt, but Lantern turns are not long or anything. If your opponent decides to sit there and lose via mill, that's their fault.
>>
File: 23535.png (128KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
23535.png
128KB, 223x310px
>>45288592
>>45288653
>Same Black 8-2ed with Lantern control this Pro Tour

based

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/ptogw/24-28-point-modern-decklists-2016-02-07
>>
File: JUST.png (594KB, 926x540px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
594KB, 926x540px
>tfw you mulligan twice
>tfw you lose the game before your first turn
>>
>>45288772
It's JUST like playing Primeval Titan!
>>
File: try not to cry.png (268KB, 467x496px) Image search: [Google]
try not to cry.png
268KB, 467x496px
>>
>>
>>45288715

So new meme rhino here guys?
>>
I cant wait to bring meme eldrazi to FNM every week for 3 months and lose because Im a terrible player and half the meta is infect and I dont have chalices
>>
>>45288800
SMASH
>>
>>45288892
Imagine if Meme Rhino could come down turn 2 with haste and more power.
>>
>>45287432
same anon who asked about the lack of finishers here, thank you, was just about to ask you
>>
>>45287576
Very, very, little. Don't be like me and make the mistake of buying too much into it, but you can make a top tier deck by buying two starter decks and one 20$ card. It has it's problems competitively and draft sucks complete ass, but it's pretty fun.
>>
>>45288897
Gut Shot and Snapback, friend.
>>
>>45288964
>Reflect v Lancelot v Vlad
Look at all the fun I'm not having.
>>
>>45288964
can you draft it? do you like need to draft j rulers too?
>>
>>45286918

What is the win condition here? Awakened land/Thassa?
>>
>>45289000
I enjoy reflect mirrors, I feel it's a pretty skill testing card and there's plenty of room to metagame, but yes lance goes in every deck. Also, lol Vlad.
>>
>>45289013

you take so many turns that the opponent dies of boredom.
>>
>>45288989
good ideas, but chalice is still better. Or spellskite. I built the eldrazi modern deck when they were first being spoiled because it seemed fun and budget friendly.

Now ill be out meme'd
>>
>>45289013
yeah, mill can also happen if they both die, jace mills the opponent or you just activate the mine land a lot while you elixir to not die
>>
>>45286504
>Artifact lands

Yes, let my OG affinity flow again. I want mycosynth golems and blightsteel colossus on the field.
>>
>>45289010
You get a generic ruler if you don't draft one. Most suck for draft anyway.
>>
Is it UW emeria's time to shine? 4 maindeck ghost quarters are in most lists already, and the deck could comfortably run 4 spreading seas mainboard. Not to mention that mortarpod picks off mimics and scions and sky spawners, not to mention super secret aven mimeomancer who lets your mortarpods pick off smashers and thought nazis, and wall of omens, and wall of omens to block their ground shit all day long.
>>
>>45286918
TheDeckThatDoesNothing.dec
>>
>>45289053
Reflect mirrors have always been about getting more Orbs than your opponent. With more Orbs you just counter all of your opponent's Orbs while building more counters.
>>
>>45289013
when the player masterbating cums, it ruins the cards and sleeves and the opponent gets disqualified for marked cards.
>>
>>45288772
>Strange ways
>Eldrazi do nothing new on the colorpie, just what every other color does but better
>>
>>45289084
I'm not sure if Ghost Quarter is any good against a deck like Eldrazi in that fashion. You're blowing up one of your own lands completely to only reduce your opponent's mana capabilities. Like, you're worse off than him.
>>
>>45288964
which 2 starter decks and which $20 card, or is it like you can make a good deck for each color by buying 2 starters in that color and a badass legend for $20? Never looked at FoW much, but I'm considering it now since my LGS runs tourneys for it
>>
>>45288729
Well shit. Got me there. Never mind.
>>
>path my thought-knot
>i search out wastes
>>
>>45289013
Looking at the list, the Elixir of Immortality recursion of your extra turn cards, combined with several Dictate of Kruphix or Howling Mine effects allows you to take essentially infinite turns, allowing you to win with any of 3 Jace ultimates, Thassa beats or a single 6/6 land (as Waterveil exiles itself so it can't be recurred infinitely)

Seems gimmicky but pretty fun

Can't cost more than a few bucks at most to build either what with how janky it looks, apart from Cryptics
>>
>>45289089
Seen better, there was a card in... I believe Mirrodin (the original one), that made you effectively swap decks with the other player. Seen deck build around it that had no wincon whatosoever, only the means of stalling the game to get it out.
>>
>>45287428
What use is it?
>>
>>45289078
generic ruler?

>>45289137
that sounds fun as fuck
>>
>>45289137
>Shared Fate is the solution to Eldrazi
>>
>>45289114
desu /tg/ mtgs and most places were calling sower a shittier primeval titan up until very recently, and exiling the top 4 is pretty fucking weird card ability.
>>
>>45289171
>the solution to Eldrazi is a 5 CMC Enchantment

JUST
>>
>>45289157
Hoses spells with Devoid
>>
>>45289132
Don't forget about the lab maniac in the sideboard.
It can also win with babyjace emblem but that's if you really want your opponent to suffer
>>
>>45289193
They should have said something stupid like put the bottom 4 cards from a players library to the top of the library
>>
>>45289209
Fog Banks en masse
Turbofog shell
Once you resolve Shared Fate, you win because they have to play something that isn't Eldrazi

It's a foolproof plan mister, make sure you buy your playsets from SCG soon!
>>
>>45289158
>generic ruler?
There's like 5 rulers that are set aside and you have the option of proxying one of them.
>>
>>45289193
Because exiling the top 4 is really that much different than just milling four.

>b-b-but there are cards that process!

In a vacuum it's about the same if not slightly worse than prime time, but because of the bloom ban and the current bullshit with SoI lands, it makes sense that Sower is what everyone is playing.
>>
So, how do you beat the memedrazi anyway?

Just make a full creature-hate deck?
>>
>>45289249
so made it completely useless?

sower is the most interesting eldrazi card. it foes do something weird. I'd say smasher/thought knot are just linear/pushed and not weird. things like endless one, sower, the processors, even reshaper to some extent, have a bit of 'weirdness'.
>>
>>45289277
>in a vacuum it's about the same if not slightly worse than prime time

In a vacuum its much worse than Prime Time. Outside of it, with delve cards being rampant and usually hitting fetch lands that you then eat and use for ramp with urborg, its very fucking good.
>>
>>45289307
You can't beat it.
You can't race it
You can't control them
You can't go bigger or wider
You can't outgrind them

You just lose unless you have a turn one the empties more than half your hand on the play
>>
>>45289356
>Need to attack everything at once
Restore balance deck maybe?
>>
>>45289307
turbo- fog
>>
>>45289307
combo off t2 with griselmeme or stormeme, or pley memedrazi memes
>>
>>45289307
LIVING END
I
V
I
N
G

END
N N
DNE
>>
>>45289356
Maybe Living End can beat it? I don't know, I don't play Living End.
>>
>>45289307

You can't do that because they just shit out creatures faster than you can hate on them. Unless there is a card that says you can't play Eldrazi spells or increases their cost a fuckton, you're dead. And even then, this only works if you're going first and drop it on your first turn, like casting a Chalice at 0 against Affinity. Right now, the only thing that can kind of match its speed is affinity and that still has a good chance of getting shit on; the other option is playing a combo deck and hiding cards in your sleeve so you can win on turn 2 before they swing for 21.
>>
>>45289114
the original idea was an odd/even CMC matters subtheme
>>
File: 111819_1.jpg (18KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
111819_1.jpg
18KB, 226x311px
RW STAX AND PILLOWFORT VARIANTS IS THE SAVIOR MODERN NEEDS

>Runed Halo naming Thought-Knot Seer
>Ghostly Prison and Sphere of Safety holding the fort
>MD Leyline of Sanctity
>Nevermore naming Reality Smasher
>Open the Vaults from the SB for enchantment removal

What are they going to do? Splash white and ruin their streamlined decklists? Kek
>>
>>45289386
Some guy at my LGS ran a deck based around that. It was like living end where they would cascade into Restore balance, but the catch was 90% of his mana base were Alara Borderposts. He eventually won by just playing big creature spells. Same weakness as living end though, just remand Restore balance, but I suppose it's doable against eldrazi unless they get a warping wail.

>>45289470
>>45289476
You'd probably have to be on play and you gotta pray you can go off turn 2, which can happen but you can't base your entire win off of getting SSG.
>>
>>45289516
No you see, Eldrazi always open 3 of the 2/1s into Reality Smasher turn 2.
>>
>>45289307
boardwipes
>>
>>45289516
too slow/10
>>
>>45289540
>Living End is a sorcery
well fuck my whole life is a lie
>>
>>45289564
when would that ever be relevant? you just cascade into it anyway
>>
>>45289586
Warping Wail, you silly goose.
>>
>>45289564
If you hit it with cascade, timing doesn't matter.
>>
>>45289592
oooooooohhh yeah
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
File: invasivesurgery[1].jpg (30KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
invasivesurgery[1].jpg
30KB, 265x370px
>>45289586
Warping Wail and this shit.

I hope you packed a second wincon into your sorcery deck.
>>
>>45289614
Hardcasting Pale Recluse
:^)
>>
>>45289614
For me it was living twin, but we all know what happened to that :\
>>
>>45289592
>Painters Servant beats memedrazi
>Warping Wail beats Painters Servant
>>
>>45289614
hardcast greater gargadon
use one of the 6 walkers in my deck
>>
>>45289595
yes I am aware that Living End is not actually in complete violation of the rules with no one realizing up until now
>>
>>45289645
>Painters Servant beats memedrazi

Could you explain this? Why is glowy scarecrow considered anti-meme tech?
>>
does slow burn have potential to steal random wins?
i'm thinking a combo of ensnaring bridge and pyromancer's swath
maybe splash white for boros charm and helix?
i'd fool around with it but i have to study rn
>>
>>45289670
Ugin and Temple only power out colorless Eldrazi
Painter's Servant turns them all into the greenest and rarest of Pepes
>>
>>45289670
it turns off their eyes of ugin and makes memedrazi temple into a wastes since they both only count as sol lands for colorless eldrazi
>>
Will Arcbound Ravager get banned? I need a playset still and thats the ONLY thing holding my affinity deck back. I just went 1/3 at my lgs. Tron fucked me over with 2 consecutive pyroclasms or i would have been 2/2.
>>
Glad I got my simians for skred and restore balance awhile ago
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>45289720
>>45289723
No it doesn't?
>>
>>45289746
the eldrazi spells all become colored, when they normally are not
>>
>>45289746
holy shit did you even read the cards in question
>>
>>45289746
when people explain calmly and succinctly to you why you're being obtuse, you just nod your head and accept that they know better, because otherwise you end up revealing how dumb you are

>All cards that aren't in play, spells, and permanents are the chosen color in addition to their other colors
A card cannot be both colorless and colored. If it has a color from Painter, it's colored, even if it says "Devoid", because "Devoid" is a layer 1 ability.
>>
>>45289746
Devoid occurs first since it's a constant just like changeling, then Painter's Servant ability would occur and override Deviod
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 223x310px
>>45289746
It makes them all whatever color, so they aren't colorless. Stops mimics ability too.
>>
>>45289777
In addition though, wouldn't it still be colorless?
>>
>>45289746
Stop posting. No one can fuck up this badly.
>>
>>45289797
No

Because it gains a color
>>
desu senpaitachi I would buy into Chord decks now, Painter's a decent and playable creature in that shell
>>
>>45289797
It has no color to begin with.
>>
>>45289797
>Is it colored?
>Y/N
>If Y, it is not colorless, because it is not lacking a color, because it has a color, which is the opposite of what colorless means
>If N, it will be once Painter's Servant is on the field
>>
>>45289797
>in addition to its other colors
colorless isn't a color, it's a lack of color, if a colorless thing becomes red in addition to its other colors, it's red, and only red, and therefore not colorless
>>
>>45289797
COLORLESS ISNT A COLOR
>>
>painter servant new anti-Cheon tech

What's the best way to put Iona in play in modern?
>>
>>45289787
>because "Devoid" is a layer 1 ability
Devoid is a characteristic-defining ability, not part of layer 1.
>>
>>45289852
UW Tron
>>
>modern laughs at standard for being "turn rhino sideways" the format
>wizards then makes modern into "turn Smasher sideways" the format
>>
>>45289858
Derp, you're completely right. Forgive my homosexuality as I kill myself if the boredom of this format doesn't kill me first
>>
>>45289841
>>45289836
>>45289834
>>45289828
>>45289814
>>45289800
>>45289794
>>45289793
>>45289780
>>45289777
Well Shieeet

Guess I'll pick up a couple, but they already went up to $20+
>>
Honestly, there's no way that the Eldrazi deck isn't going to get hit eventually, so instead of trying to stay ahead of the game, I'm either going to stick to my LGS if nobody or only 1-2 people pick up the deck, or I'm going to hold off on playing Magic except for the occasional pauper mtgo queue until the deck is hit.
>>
>>45289917
>buying meme tech against the meme that's gonna get banned in a month
you're just asking for your wallet to be raped
>>
I just want to sell my modern decks to finish my legacy decks and use some of the leftover money to just play a casual tooth and nail build in memedern. The pro tour finally convinced me this format isn't going to be worth playing much longer.
>>
>>45289917
>not already having legacy painter built
>>
>>45289917
The card is a joke
>>
File: OH GOD NO THE HORROR.png (19KB, 398x990px) Image search: [Google]
OH GOD NO THE HORROR.png
19KB, 398x990px
>mfw I bought 8 Simian Spirit Guides for 5 dollars each today
>mfw the store offered price matching so I could've got them for 4 instead each
>>
>>45290056
>>45290056

New thread
>>
>>45289817
by the time you can chord out a painter's servant you'll probably be dead to the eldrazi
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-07-19-18-19.png (380KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-07-19-18-19.png
380KB, 1080x1920px
Hey wanna change modern? Contact their parent company and bitch them out
>>
>>45290078
c'mon, the Eldrazi are horrifically overpowered but they're not that blazing fast

though they'll already have gotten more than enough value out of their colorless bullshit for the Painter's Servant to not matter, so it's a moot point
>>
>>45290097
Noice Xperia
>>
File: painters servant.png (71KB, 594x452px) Image search: [Google]
painters servant.png
71KB, 594x452px
>>
>>45289614
where the fuck are people getting these spoilers from?

and lol at 1 mana counter + surgical
>>
>>45290431
There was an leak of one badly flash photoed pack
>>
I've got an Eye of Ugin lying around, do you think now would be the best time to sell it, or should I wait a little longer?
>>
top kek,on cockatrice right now there is a guy playing BW lifegain(?) and his opponent is playing UR eldrazi, it feels like a child playing a card game and a 40 year old man on the other side of the tablle crushing his dreams. Or at least it's the internet equivalent
>>
>>45290604
If it really is just lying around then you should sell it within the week. or better yet trade if for cards you really want
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.