[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 34

File: 1422619880630.jpg (733KB, 791x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1422619880630.jpg
733KB, 791x1107px
Chaos Dunk Edition.
>>
>>45098432
>>
File: notallheroeswearcapes.jpg (349KB, 1600x1110px) Image search: [Google]
notallheroeswearcapes.jpg
349KB, 1600x1110px
xth for the inevitable phoenix rising that will be the unbanning of sword of the meek
>>
>>45098533
What would even be left in the meta if this was unbanned? Tron and Eldrazi would very likely survive, as would infect and ad nasueam would just run lab man over the second lightning storm. This deck would destroy all aggro and tron and eldrazi would destroy all midrange and control.
>>
>>45098607
that's not exactly true though , since its run in legacy in a good deck but still has only a 50/50 matchup against burn and even worse against aggro (delver), its also unfavoured vs combos too
>>
>>45098085
I feel that Eldrazi should be higher on the fair scale that Tron.
>>
File: iteration4.png (282KB, 1309x1309px) Image search: [Google]
iteration4.png
282KB, 1309x1309px
V4, tron and eldrazi did a little switcharoo. Jund, burn and affinity added.

What else?
>>
>>45098533
The problem with that combo is the same problem that exists for Stoneforge Mystic and according to wizards Twin. The opportunity cost is incredibly low. It WILL be jammed into many decks whether its a good idea or not. This is something Wizards unfortunately wants to avoid and why the axing of Twin confirms that we will never get toys like this again.
>>
>>45098822
Looking good man. I think Junk midrange could join its brother in the lower right quadrant and Storm should hang with Ad Naus and Gris.
>>
>>45098822
Friendly reminder: >>45098479
>>
I have a deck that is based around the following cards. I want to know, based only on those cards, what you would build:

> Tormented Soul
> Unholy Strength
> Inkfathom Infiltrator
> Dark Favor
> Highborn Ghoul
> Mark of the Vampire

All x4

How would you fill out this deck? I've been getting tons of wins with it, just pure unblockable aggro, the only downside is that it loses cards fast and it is very vulnerable to removal.

Anyway I don't know anything about modern other than that my current deck is legal. Curious what you think.
>>
>>45098958
Don't play Modern with that, please.
>>
>>45098955
Ah fuck I'm too bad at this. Will fix when im back at the computer. Thanks friend
>>
>>45098847
to be fair though , it isn't a combo that just wins on the spot , it cant take a couple of turns to actually win, the stoneforge comparison makes sense though its kinda like a "wide" batterskull , gaining a bunch of life such but i feel its only slightly better than bitterblossom in what it actually accomplishes in game
>>
>>45098901
I don't think storm is as unfair as ad nauseam or grishoalbrand. Ad nauseam has an instant speed combo and effectively 7 copies of timewalk against most decks and grishoalbrand not only has a turn 2-3 win, also has a way to easily draw half of its deck. Storm just doesn't seem to compare to those two.
>>
>>45098958
Looks like you want to play Boggles. Hexproof beats buffed through auras. If your plan is to beat down with enchanted unblockable creats, you're going to run into stiff opposition with all the removal floating around the format. If you want to use auras, having a hexproof target is the way to go.
>>
>>45099000
>1 token a turn at the cost of 1 life
>gaining 1 life and 1 token for every mana at instant speed
>slightly better
>>
>>45098958
anon that sounds like absolute shit, especially Mark of the Vampire except maybe as some sideboard tech.

Look up modern mono black devotion i guess. Gray Merchant of Asphodel CAN be a decent finisher.

Your deck will auto-lose to any infinite combos though. Especially turn 4 ones. Also tron will annihilate you.
>>
>>45099007
Fair enough. I've only vicariously experienced storm so I'm not too familiar with it.
>>
>>45099052
ok ok , alot better , but still ,its not making any waves in legacy and like twin did a while back (could have been a fluke though) , all im saying is that there are better cards already in the modern format so its not like it'll be top tier auto include, would just be nice to have a not ravager robots deck
>>
>>45099007
Instant speed doesn't necessarily equal unfair and Storm can win turn 2 while also drawing half its deck.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
>>45098822
Aura Hexproof at C2.
Its relatively uninteractive, but compared to infect, it can be interacted with. Spellskites and nature's claims (or that new one in oathwatch) can be detrimental. But good god, running 3 suppression fields mainboard has made it back-breaking against many decks, including decks like grishoalbrand if it doesnt combo off turn 2. It basically gives hexproof an opportunity to path griselbrand.

On that note, been sideboarding firewalkers and stony silence. And of course, seal of primordium. Been crapping on everything.
>>
>>45099493
With possibly the best hand ever into runner runner runner runner. The deck is a semi consistant turn 3 kill thought, and thats where it shines
>>
>>45099493
>I cast sphinx rev at the end of your turn
>I combo in response and win on the spot
Seems pretty unfair. The difference between storm and grishoalbrand is that storm has to dedicate its entire deck in order to draw half its deck while grishoalbrand just needs a few and then can then use one of several finishers depending on the situation.
>>
>>45099603
>>I cast sphinx rev at the end of your turn
>>I combo in response and win on the spot
>Seems pretty unfair.
So UW Control is unfair? Good to know.
>>45099573
>With possibly the best hand ever into runner runner runner runner.
Rit, Manamorphose, Electromancer, Ritual isn't that hard to get. It's just usually better to wait a turn.
>>
From the last thread:

>>45098259
Sphinx's Rev is definitely the best icon. It differentiates the deck from UWx midrange and appears in the UW, UWR, and Esper control decks, unlike, say, Esper Charm. It should also be immediately recognizable to anybody who played during RTR Standard.

>>45098261
I've seen Yuuya's UW decks before. The more tap-out superfriends style control decks should be great now that Twin is gone and there's aggro everywhere. Tron will make you cry though.

>>45098294
Spell Snare is the best way to gain tempo against Modern's aggressive strategies, period. It has some dead matchups, but I would never run less than 3 in Esper.
>>
>>45099644
Does UW control have an instant speed I win button that can be used as early as turn 3?
>>
>>45099654
No, but why does it matter that it's instant speed?
>>
>>45099667
Because if a deck taps out at any point they lose the game where as with other combos, they can still do things at the end of your turn. It also gives you a much better chance against hate cards as you can just combo in response to someone playing a card that would otherwise lose you the game. This also applies when playing against other combo decks.
>>
>>45099715
>>45099654

Miracles don't have a instant speed wincon, and it doesn't do bad, you don't need instant win-con, you need more answers and better CA, 2 things that modern lacks
>>
>>45099757
The point im making is that an instant speed combo should be considered really unfair as it effectively plays around most ways a deck could interact with you.
>>
>>45099795
An argument for force of will in modern
>>
>>45099815
Would make combo unplayable. Ironically ad nauseam has the best answer to that as it plays pact of negation.
>>
I know how to save modern.
Cabal therapy, bring back dredge and ban rip
Innistrad's Bazaar
legendary land
2 lives, t: draw 2 cards, discard 3 cards.
>>
>>45082825
>>45083292

Here's the list I'm running, keeping in mind that I haven't tweaked it for the post-Twin meta yet and I really should considering GP Melbourne is a month away

4 Chalice of the Void
2 Wurmcoil Engine
4 Lodestone Golem
4 Urza's Tower
4 Urza's Mine
4 Urza's Power Plant
2 Phyrexian Metamorph
4 Kuldotha Forgemaster
1 Blightsteel Colossus
4 Darksteel Citadel
2 Lightning Greaves
3 Cavern of Souls
3 Steel Hellkite
2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
4 Expedition Map
1 Platinum Angel
4 Titan's Presence
1 Sundering Titan
1 Eye of Ugin
2 Mountain
2 Talisman of Impulse
2 Talisman of Indulgence
SB: 1 Tormod's Crypt
SB: 1 Spine of Ish Sah
SB: 2 Trading Post
SB: 1 Sundering Titan
SB: 1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
SB: 3 Spellskite
SB: 2 Culling Scales
SB: 1 Silent Arbiter
SB: 1 Duplicant
SB: 2 Blood Moon

the flex SB slots in this current build are Crypt, Spine and Duplicant - I'm strongly considering replacing Spine and Duplicant with two Pithing Needles

despite running Tron lands it does not need Tron to win, it takes a lot of practice to figure out what hands to keep though

Culling Scales is probably the least obvious card, but it is absolutely required if you're playing against white and they drop a Stony Silence, it's also generally good at slowing down aggro decks too but it's a nonbo with Chalice
>>
>>45099874
Not at all, at least storm and ad nauseam would survive, and is probable that other combo decks run it.
>>
>>45099874
Ad Naus could also pack a 4-of and pitch cantrips to fuel them.
>>
>>45100036
Would be banned for the same reason as mental misstep was at that point. Everyone has to run it.
>>
File: Disciplined Discovery.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Disciplined Discovery.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>45099955
This is the real card that would save modern from the tron tyranny.
>>
>>45099987
Why not spellskite in the main? Have you considered a blue splash for Thirst for Knowledge?
>>
>>45100190
>four mana to draw three cards max
>need to run three colored enchantments to work

Nah, I'd rather play Mind Spring or even Sphinx Revelation than this.
>>
>>45100264
But anon this makes ascendancy combo viable again.
>>
>>45100264
I think the idea is that it should be run in Ascendancy combo.
>>
>>45100284
>>45100286
Ah okay, I forgot that there were people who run Jesaki Ascendancy here. It's an okay card then.
>>
>>45100143
Mental misstep was banned because it's the best answer to itself. Force is not the best answer to force.
>>
>>45100229
I've found that my pre-board matchup is generally better with Chalice in main instead of Spellskite

I've considered Thirst in the past, when the deck was completely colorless (apart from Metamorph and Spellskite obviously) I was using Mind Stones for cantripping when I didn't need the excess mana. I do actually find Blood Moon to be the strongest colored card to run as I've been screwed over by Blood Moon less than people have screwed themselves over
>>
>>45100375
As combo it would be along with pact of negation, which every single combo deck would run four of each if force of will was unbanned.
>>
To be honest , if any card should be banned it should be angel's grace , It has to be the most uninteractive magic card ever printed , or at least top 5
>>
>>45100457
Not really, it requires you to have two cards in hand. Look at legacy combo, the best answer to force of will is targeted discard. When you run force, you need to run 18+ blue cards to support it. It's easier to just throw 7-8 discard spells into your deck.
>>
>>45100539
>people unironically want angel's grace banned
Never seen someone ask for an ad nauseam combo ban before.

>>45100562
Would warp the format far too much if every combo deck had to run discard just to stop force of will. Its not like legacy where combo is so powerful that it will win turn 1 without force of will.
>>
What's a cheap Modern deck I can build that won't be banned in a few months?

I have build a Kiki pod deck (looked fun) as my introduction to modern and had it banned shortly after finishing it, then started on a twin deck only to have that banned when I had most of the parts.
>>
>>45098533
>>45098847
>>45099000
y'all are forgetting about the third combo piece.
>>
>>45100627
Combo warps modern to the point that every time someone discovers a deck like grishoalbrand people call for a ban because there's no early interaction available.
>>
Could a turn 3 Progenitus or emrakul be a strong enough wincon in modern? What all can interact with them?
>>
>>45100682
Except the fact that a large number of decks already run counterspells and or discard that can be played on turn 1. Those are pretty good answers to combo and are also useful in other matchups. Force of will is gamebreaking against combo decks as slow as the ones in modern; you could basically never combo without your own discard spells, pacts of negation, or your own force of will; this would be meta warping as combo decks would have to play these cards mainboard simply because of one cards existence.
>>
>>45100682
I work for Wizards and I want to offer you a job
>>
>>45100744
And by having to devote that many cards to protect the combo, it no longer has the consistency to win turn 2 or 3. Which obviates the need for Force, meaning people won't run it, meaning combo won't need their discard suite and gets the consistency to go off before any interaction can happen.

Printing Force in modern will force storm and other combo decks to get banned for being too consistent.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>45100772
>>
>>45100655
I wouldn't bother with Time Sieve.
>>
>>45100744
You say meta warping as though its a bad thing. The meta would "warp" into one where combo doesn't get to goldfish, and has to actually run interaction.

The combo vs disruption matchup leads to more interactive games. Modern combo matchups are not based around interaction, they revolve around speed.
>>
>tfw there's no modern version of nic fit
>>
>>45100801
>>45100879
>>45100879
So why play combo at that point? They would be too inconsistent to beat aggro and lack the tools to control against midrange and other control decks. Why would you play a combo deck over jund if you are forced to run that much interaction?
>>
>>45100744
Don't Ad Naus and Grishoalbrand already play Pact of Negation though?
>>
>>45101014
Because once combo gets diluted by the disruption cards, they don't see play anymore. Since combo isn't playable, there's no reason to run otherwise dead cards in their lists. Since no one's running the cards that force you to interact, combo then runs unchecked since no one is running hate.

By printing cards that weaken combo, you make combo the best deck because no one will run the cards to stop combo. This is how wizards thinks.
>>
>>45101126
That's some pretty flawed reasoning anon.
>>
>>45100843
>I don't want to take infinite turns and lock my opponent out of the game.

Really?
>>
>>45100627
It's not the ad nauseum deck that bothers me , it started off kinda like that since one of my friends plays it and then i started running 2 in my board for shenanigans and there's a storm deck floating around so i thought i'd try it

He would just lose on the spot whenever i drew it and he couldn't do anything, I told him i had it in a pptq in game 2 after i mulled to 3 (something along the lines of "got my secret weapon at least") and he just scooped on the spot after he asked if i had it, same goes with storm and other non-twin, all in decks

There is just no play involved with the card itself , split second is my least favorite mechanic but angels grace shouldn't have ever been printed
>>
>>45101209
nah , i'd rather just run another esper charm or something
>>
File: Past in Flames.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Past in Flames.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
Past in Flames is on the move.

Do not panic, it will not hold its current price tag. Think 15 or 20 USD.
>>
>>45101209
Getting shut down by Stony Silence is super feelbad. I'd rather keep the combo trim and pack more gas like >>45101266
>>
>brewing heartless jund Eldrazi
I like it. Like a Tron that doesnt give a shit about bloodmoon.

Only tough matchups (so far) is that prowess haste canrip deck.
>>
>>45101537
Gotta list?
>>
>>45101551
4 Eldrazi Temple
3 Eye of Ugin
2 Sanctum of Ugin
3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
4 Oblivion Sower
3 Thoughtseize
4 Expedition Map
4 Heartless Summoning
4 Thought-Knot Seer
4 Llanowar Wastes
1 Cavern of Souls
3 Sylvan Scrying
4 World Breaker
4 Ancient Stirrings
3 Kozilek's Return
4 Karplusan Forest
2 Forest
1 Sulfurous Springs
SB: 2 Pithing Needle
SB: 2 Relic of Progenitus
SB: 2 Feed the Clan
SB: 2 Crumble to Dust
SB: 2 All Is Dust
SB: 3 Pyroclasm
SB: 2 Abrupt Decay

some work is needed to push it, but world breaker is amazing. You rip their hand with seer, then breaker->breaker->ulamog away lands. And return being devoid and instant helps in many match ups. Mana base is a bit clunky, but I feel its the best Ill get as I want to turn 2-3 seer and need the colorless, and want mostly G but still need the R and B. It has so much search it isnt a usual problem unless I mull incorrectly.
>>
Brewing Deadguy Ale in Modern, starting with
4 Tidehollow Sculler
2 Wasteland Strangler
2 Blade Splicer
2-3 Restoration Angel
4 Path to Exile
2-3 Thoughtsieze
0-2 Inquisition of Kozilek

No Bob because of a shitload of Burn makes that seem less good. Thoughts?
>>
File: Angelheart.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Angelheart.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>45098400
http://pastebin.com/WdWjmzVZ

This is my decklist for CoCo allies.
I'm thinking of cutting the Emissaries for Lantern Scouts.

Just looking for general advice on the deck. Things to cut or sideboard. I'm not that experienced in mtg, and I just really like Allies, even if BfZ did little to help them stand out as a tribe.
>>
>>45101863
you don't beat burn by not playing cards like bob, you beat burn by being extremely disruptive while presenting a clock.

the blade splicers are your only good target for Resto, otherwise its not a great card in this deck.
>>
>>45101952
>the blade splicers are your only good target for Resto,
niggah watts
>>
>>45101986
don't tell me you think Sculler is a good resto target
>>
>>45101863
If burn is really bad in your meta, why not run Finks?
>>
>>45101656
Looks cool but the clunky manabase has kept me from pulling the trigger on any of the eldrazi variants. Are you sure a red splash is necessary? I really want to see how far a BG version could go. Green adds so much in terms of resource manipulation while black provides disruption, some color fixing, and answers in the form of Decay and maybe even Pulse.
>>
>>45102011
Could get 2 cards with 6 mana.
>>
>>45098822
The opposite of interactive isn't linear, linear either refers to having only one 'route' for victory (in which affinity would be non-linear) or especially blatant synergy for deckbuilding (in which burn would be non-linear). The opposite of interactive should just be 'uninteractive'.
I also dislike using 'fair' as a synonym for lacking in any sort of synergy, but that's just the way things are now.
Put lantern control around as right as UWx Control and around affinity in height.
>>
>>45102024
There's space for it. What, do you see 36 cards listed there?
>>
>>45102054
How often is that a relevant play?
>>
File: 1452301525104.jpg (38KB, 280x320px) Image search: [Google]
1452301525104.jpg
38KB, 280x320px
>winner's circle, final round
>scooped G1 to Ad Nauseam
>while Suppression Field was on the board
I'm retarded, please fuck my face.
>>
>>45102148
I would guess never.
>>
File: vvs tron.png (247KB, 747x734px) Image search: [Google]
vvs tron.png
247KB, 747x734px
>>45102044
I like the red spash, just for return as a reusable board wipe, and it also being instant has been great. going turn 3->return, turn 4-> breaker is backbreaking to most decks.
And the deck has so much trouble vs aggro, the pyroclasms seem necessary. I tried the BG versions with mb damntations, or all is dust, but both come down too late typically. Im open to suggestions however.
>>
>>45102282
Cool, you exiled a Spellskite.
>>
>>45102282
Sounds like you've already tested my suggestions.

>poor little wurmcoil
>>
Just went 4-0 at FNM with this deck. I went up against Naya Burn, Zoo, Infect and Kiki-Chord.

Although with my success, every sideboarded game, I took out Clique and Electrolyze, and I honestly don't think they are that good after playing the deck. Would much rather want clique in sideboard and Lavamancer Mainboard.

Overall, I think it's super strong and my shop's FNM is only Modern, Tron and Eldrazi got pushed down to the lower brackets, while Aggro strategies were boosted, me and a RUG Kiki-Chord player both took Undefeated. The real question is, why aren't you playing RUG?
>>
File: old vers.png (151KB, 647x710px) Image search: [Google]
old vers.png
151KB, 647x710px
>>45102369
>cards in hand number
>>
>>45102433
The wurmcoil is fine. Do you not see the Spellskite?
>>
Fa/tg/uys, I need help with this decklist. I'm not ready to spend $750 on it until the internet tells me it will work.

4 Urza's Spire
4 Urza's Mine
4 Urza's Power Plant
4 Temple Garden
1 Eye of Ugin
1 Ghost Quarter
1 Plains
2 Forest
3 Path to Exile
4 Ancient Stirrings
4 Sylvan Scrying
2 Timely Reinforcements
4 Chromatic Sphere
4 Chromatic Star
3 Expedition Map
2 Oblivion Stone
4 Karn Liberated
2 Ugin the Spirit Dragon
1 Emrakul the Aeons Torn
3 Knight of the Reliquary
3 Wurmcoil Engine
SB: 1 Crucible of Worlds
SB: 2 Leyline of Sanctity
SB: 1 Timely Reinforcements
SB: 3 Nature's Claim
SB: 3 Stony Silence
SB: 2 Relic of Progenitus
SB: 2 Spellskite
SB: 1 Oblivion Stone
>>
>>45102459
I don't know anything about this new Eldrazi deck. Is Heartless Summoning used in most versions?
>>
>>45102486
killing spellskite so ulamog can come through, are you retarded?

>>45102503
I think the most popular is the processor b/x versions, but i've seen a few people trying it out. heartless is usually cut to two post board, its not all that important once you know what your playing against.
>>
>>45102444
How does it do against Burn, Affinity, Storm, Jund, Living End and Tokens?
>>
>>45102566
is living end still a thing?
>>
>>45102578
It sees some play in my meta because of a lot of aggro.
>>
>>45102566
>Burn
I won 2-1 against Naya, Dragon's Claws does work.
>Affinity
I playtested with my friend who was on Affinity it definitely has an edge in the sideboarded games when you get rid of Remands for Grudges and Lavamancers (Another reason why I want it mainboard)
>Jund
Worry about their manabase first and you'll keep them out of the game almost entirely.
>Storm/Living End/Tokens
Didn't play these matchups, and neither can I give a clear conclusions, but I do know that Life from the Loam was for Living End and any deck that was also mainboarding Land Destruction.
>>
>>45102459
How does it do against merfolk?
>>
>>45102642
heavy use of side boarding. Abrupts, pithing needles, pyros, and returns are very important in the match up and generally I have to aggressively mull. G1 isnt as bad as vs the prowess or infect decks, but its still rough.
>>
File: 20160129_224810_LLS.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160129_224810_LLS.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>45102500
It might work. Are you sure you want to go GW? Knight seems really awkward.
>>
>>45102739
Such a tight deck. Quite nice.
>>
>>45102739
We have a guy who shows up with Tron every week and every week he gets beat by something different (Burn, Infect, Affinity, Living End with lots of land D, Merfolk). Real trooper, that guy.
>>
>>45102627
If you're already focusing on LD and playing Loam, why not play tectonic edge or Ghost quarter? Your mana seems good
>>
>>45102739
>cards not pushed all the way down the sleeve
you need to spoiler that shit and post a trigger warning
>>
File: Tomb of the Spirit Dragon.png (117KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb of the Spirit Dragon.png
117KB, 223x311px
Do these eldrazi decks not have enough wiggle room in their landbases for some burn protection?
>>
>>45102843
Hey thanks man. You wouldn't believe how difficult it was to find ruskie tron lands here in Burgerland.

>>45102900
I get roundly stomped by burn regularly. The pilot is really cool dude though. Delver and Merfolk also take me to the cleaners most weekends. Haven't lost a game to infect yet. I chalk it up to luck which I'm sure is due to run out.
>>
>>45102997
Ive seen the processor version using it as a 2 of.
>>
>>45102960
Honestly, the playtesting I did showed that I couldn't even run a Desolate Lighthouse because consistently having the mana I needed was proving to be difficult, and reducing the amount of mana I had to even 22 or 23 was just causing me to miss too many land drops to consistently keeping them out of the game. Also Manlands are fairly important to the game plan as finishers, so making sure you hit your land drops consistently is important. Again the one loam in the sideboard is against any other deck that might have showed up with Land Destruction, last week FNM was cancelled due to the snowstorm here on the East Coast so I didn't know what to expect post-twin ban.
>>
>>45102500
I tried making a GW tron once. It was slow as fuuuuck but it got out the lands extremely consistently. If you don't already own the cards though, might not be worth it to sleeve it up in paper.
>>
>>45103311
I've seen old lists to that effect. What were you running?
>>
File: iteration5.png (362KB, 1309x1309px) Image search: [Google]
iteration5.png
362KB, 1309x1309px
Hello friends, updated meta graph.
>Added
Storm, Aura Hexproof, Junk, Lantern

Any critiques/suggestions more than welcome.
>>
>>45103453
oh dont ask me for advice on this. my build was awful. I had just started playing constructed magic in RtR.

I think I actually ran Birds of paradise in an attempt to get a t2 Knight though, i remember that. i think It also attempted to finish out with a blightsteel.

I also distinctly remember looking and GR lists and seeing Chromatic star and Chromatic Sphere and saying "why would anybody run this shit". I also tried Wrath of God instead of O-stone.
>>
>>45103566
what exactly does 'interactive' mean on this?
>>
>>45103682
What it does in the match up is more or less correlated to what the opponent is trying to do. Like with Infect, it's trying to do one thing, kill you with 10 infect as fast as possible, where Jund is trying to stop you from doing that and then kill you.

Interactive decks interact with the opponent's game plan as their game plan. (This is my interpretation on interaction for magic for the time I've played it)
>>
File: maybe.jpg (300KB, 1309x1309px) Image search: [Google]
maybe.jpg
300KB, 1309x1309px
>>45103566
I would like to recommend using lingering souls for the junk marker.

We're missing Merfolk. I would guess it'd be somewhere around here. They interact through the likes of vapor snag, spell pierce, and most commonly Spreading Seas and Curse Cathcer while executing the standard creats and lords beatdown plan.
>>
>>45103682
Interacts with the opponents game plan, tries to disrupt it, actually interacting with it. While decks like burn CAN interact, they ideally just go "unga bunga: creatures: the tappening"
>>
>>45103682
Can you reach out and touch something? Bounce a creature? Counter a spell? Pick apart your opponents hand or destroy a permanent of some type? These are what I consider to be interaction.

If you can only manipulate your own things, be they cards in hand, library, or on the board, you are non interactive. Note: Uninteractive decks can still have minor interactive elements i.e. Echoing Truth in the sideboard of Ad Nauseam.
>>
>>45103740
affinity really should be like a2.5
>>
>>45103740
Yeah I was struggling to find a good junk icon - and I figured relegating lingering souls to B/W tokens when I eventually get around to it.

Also, I think merfolk would be placed a bit more aptly if you flipped it around the Y-axis and moved it down a bit, C-8ish. It's pretty linear but with minimal interaction (aside from spreading seas, but that's mostly to enable it's own islandwalkers)
>>
>>45098958
Add Phylactery Lich, Phyrexian Obliterator and Erebos' Titan.
>>
>>45103721
>>45103747
>>45103820
what is the correlation for how 'fair' something is then? As in, if it gets online how difficult it is to work around/ come back from?
>>
>>45098400
What are some suggestions of cards to put in R/G Stompies?

Preferably budget
>>
>>45103936
Fair, as in "fair" magic. Tron is not fair because it does things on turn 3 that "shouldn't" be possible - being able to drop massive 7 drops that "fair" decks simply can't compete with. Jund, for example, is very fair and very interaction. Hard removal, hand disruption, and a good old fashion creature beatdown wincon.
>>
>>45103924
You could always use Bitterblossom for Tokens. I know Souls is Iconic of both Junk and Tokens but I really think it would work better for Junk. Siege Rhino is also a potential.

Your assessment of Merfolk sounds more correct than mine.
>>
>>45103936
mana acceleration is one of the easier ways to define it. EG Stompy casts a 1 mana spell, then a 2 mana spell, then a leatherback Baloth.

Affinity casts a mox opal, 2 memnites, a darksteel citadel, and an arcbound ravager and passes the turn.

Ad nausem chains off twelve things before dumping a lightning storm on you.
>>
>>45104003
I like the siege rhino idea - I'll do that.
>>
>>45103936
I guess the best use of fair is that there's a lack of extremely strong synergies/combos that enable certain things from happening as quickly or as violently (ie losing).

Don't get me wrong, fair decks doesn't mean it's using Grey Ogres. But their game plan is bread and butter as it gets, kill with some efficient creatures, or a slow burn. (Some say Bolt, Snapcaster, Bolt isn't "fair", it's strong, but not unfair.)

Fair decks exist by winning through simpler means and doing it in a way that isn't ramping to 7 mana on turn three like tron. Jund will just kill you with Tarmogoyf and Dark Confidant.
>>
>>45103924
aren't spreading seas, sea's claim, counterspells, vapor snag, merrow reejerey, harbinger of the tides, and curse catcher all interactive? like half of that is the core of the deck.

also if you want to REALLY stretch what "interactive" means, lord of atlantis is interactive in the mirror.
>>
>>45104040
>>45104007
>>45103988
thanks again, very informative. might be useful to have some sort of short hand on the image macro explaining this briefly.
>>
>>45103566
Pretty sure junk should be rhino
>>
>>45104043
Very true - but I still think the deck is first and foremost, in terms of the graph, linear over interactive. That is probably a fault of the axis themselves.
>>
>>45103936
That's the tough one to define. >>45103988 is right. A fair deck seeks to play an old fashioned game of magic and commonly wins through combat damage. Unfair decks usually seek to subvert the normal timing of magic. Like playing Emrakul on turn 3 instead of turn 15. Or chaining spells in one big turn only to level Tendrils of Agony at you.

As always, it has nothing to do with hurt feelings. These are simply descriptors to loosely define a decks mode of action.
>>
File: iteration6.png (384KB, 1309x1309px) Image search: [Google]
iteration6.png
384KB, 1309x1309px
>Added
Merfolk, Junk is now meme rhino
>>
So how do fair decks deal with this metagame that's emerging?
>>
>>45104084

If we're using that definition, burn is the fairest there is. It even does exactly what Wizards think of when they make red cards, direct damage and no lategame.
>>
>>45104137
What tier are you willing to drop down to for this image?
>>
>>45104151
Bottom of the barrel.
I mean Jeskai combo is there
>>
>>45104137
Grixis Midrange and Scapeshift could be added. I'm out of my element now. I would guess Grixis is in the cool kids club down in the lower right while someone with more expirence will have to comment on scapeshift. I haven't even played against it.
>>
>>45104230
>>45104199
>>
>>45104137
where should scapeshift lie? it's interactive and unfair, right? counterspells for interactions, and an "unfair" combo finisher?
>>
>>45104230
Put U-Tron on there then. Use Mindslaver as its image. It would go far to the right, but I'm not sure about its fairness.
>>
>>45104258
Scapeshift was my first Modern Deck, it's definitely more towards where Twin would be in terms of how fair it is and interactive it is. As most of the cards are the same (outside of the combo pieces themselves).
>>
>>45104199
>>45104230
Yeah I put meme ascendancy in there. As long as it's not some tier 8 budget brew you're golden.
>>
>>45104297
But the only way to win (as far as I can see) is the scapeshift combo. Twin could go pseudo control and have stuff like Keranos as an alternate wincon.
>>45104293
Will do. Given the tron mana base it's going to be considered more unfair.
>>
>>45104327
Put it near Lantern, then.
>>
File: iteration7.png (406KB, 1309x1309px) Image search: [Google]
iteration7.png
406KB, 1309x1309px
Added U-Tron
>>
>>45104293
I would classify U Tron as pretty fair. Perhaps still in the northern hemisphere but nowhere near GR. U generally has a slower pace and uses the tron lands for inevitability rather than powering out a game ender. I've seen a U player just sit on a Platinum Angel for a million turns before finally pushing enough damage through to win. Actually seems pretty fair to me.
>>
>>45104327
Scapeshift had a lot of options in the sideboard for alternative win conditions, I ran a Keranos, an Avanger of Zendikar, an Inferno Titan, and a Batterskull depending on what I was expecting. Compared to UR Twin, it had more options of viable finishers, burning players out is much harder to do (Even with an active Valakut in play if you didn't Scapeshift for enough), however it is possible. I've even seen Obstinate Baloth and Thrun beat downs out of Scapeshift.

During Dig Through Time Scapeshift, you saw more linear game plans because it was so much more consistent, and the meta was good for it. But now it's still not that great.

If I had to put it on the chart, I'd put scapeshift around Storm and Aura Hexproof due to it's a One-card combo facilitated by cheap ramp that can result in T4 (Sometimes T3) wins. However, much like Twin, it ended up trying to wait a few turns for protection.
>>
>>45104367
Is soul sisters and martyr proc not popular everywhere else? In my local meta that shits everywhere
>>
>>45104435
>If I had to put it on the chart, I'd put scapeshift around Storm and Aura Hexproof due to it's a One-card combo facilitated by cheap ramp that can result in T4 (Sometimes T3) wins. However, much like Twin, it ended up trying to wait a few turns for protection.
Scapeshift also ran counters and bounce.
>>
>>45104506
Depends on what the meta is/was and if it needed to interact. 80% of the games I played as Scapeshift, my counterspells were to counter their counter spells or prevent them from killing me before 7-8th land drop. The games where I needed to be a control or interactive deck were the ones that were faster. The only one that I could think about ever playing was Twin or Storm. However, the meta has changed and I haven't played it since Dig Through Time was banned in Modern.
>>
>>45104506
Yeah that's what's making me hesitate. I'm not sure what's the most popular right now - R/G or R/u/G
>>
>>45104580
So would you put it under interactive or linear?
>>
>>45100286
Is 1-2 of Shared Discovery good for Jeskai Ascendancy?
>>
>>45104588
All of the lists on MTGtop8 in the most recent are RUG.
>>
>>45104598
I personally would put it under as a linear game plan. If you replaced Cryptic Commands and Remands with Fog effects, it's almost the same exact deck. It's not an extreme Linear, but definitely more linear than interactive.
>>
>>45104600
Ha, three hours later and I'm still here. I wish I could help you man. I don't play the deck. Looking at the card though, I would say it isn't unless you feel confident you can enable it. However, I wouldn't like to rely on having more than one or two creatures in play. A savvy opponent could keep you off your game with a simple bolt.
>>
>>45104600
i wouldnt, reknit though would be interesting
>>
>>45104367
I'd raise merfolk just a little bit further up on the fair/unfair axis as it runs aethervial, automatically making it less fair than mono-g stompy
>>
>>45104813
Good point, will do
>>
File: AEther Vial.jpg (138KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
AEther Vial.jpg
138KB, 480x680px
>>45104813
You know, I had the same thought.
>>
>>45104367

Put Elves at C4. It's an aggro deck that behaves like a borderline combo deck with CoCo, Chord and either Ezuri Overrun or multiple Shaman of the Packs
>>
>>45104376
>Perhaps still in the northern hemisphere but nowhere near GR
U tron should definitely be below lantern imo.
>>
>>45104889
And Lantern should be higher into unfair territory.
>>
>>45104367
What "linear" stands for?
Why no Grixis control?
>>
>Favourite deck you don't own
>Most hated deck you don't own
Go!
>>
>>45105058

>Favorite
Loam Pox

Or any deck that abuses Life from the Loan or dredge in general like Dredgevine. It's so cool having to dredge lands into Zombie Infestation or Molten Vortex while Bloodghasts keep recurring.

>Hated deck
RG Tron

It's dumb as fuck, sucks the life out of any game because of how stupid it wins. It's neither cool nor fun to play or play against
>>
>>45104367
How about GW Hatebears and mono - white Death and Taxes? (They are similar but distinct decks, hence me seperating them)
>>
>>45105089
Wew lad
That salt
>>
>>45105091
Don't forget to suggest a position on the chart.
>>
>>45105058
>tfw the deck you hate most is one of yours
I own a Burn with my associate. He doesn't want to get rid of it, I want to sell it to afford some Snapcasters.
He says "anon it is my first deck ever, there's no way I'm going to sell it".
I really hope to lose it or that someone steals it.
I love magic, there's no deck I hate in magic because loving the game is loving every deck. The exception is for burn because I really hate it. Holy fucking shit is there a worse deck? Always win or lose for topdeck, no skill involved, some people don't count to 20 either! "If I bolt you know you lose right?"
Jesus please let Eidolon and Guide be banned.
Sorry burn players don't want to bother you but you have to be honest about how much brainless your deckis and how unfunny is to play with or against it.
>>
>>45105058
>Favorite
Kiki Chord

Creature focussed midrange deck that's much more interesting to play against than "turn things sideways" because of the chord toolbox and the combo.

>Most Hated
Gr Tron

Warps the format toward linear decks by destroying fair strategies. Breaks the metagame wheel by being a midrange ramp deck that easily beats control decks with its inevitability. Awful to play against, because you never have a long well fought game against Tron. Either you steamroll them by turn 4 and they are powerless to stop it, or they utterly crush you with their ridiculous threats.
>>
>>45105102

I may be salty, but it doesn't change the fact that it's true though, its so boring.

At least U Tron works hard for its Urzatron assembly with a lot of interaction with the opponent. Whenever RG Tron does its thing I can feel my opponents IQ dropping
>>
>>45105089
>>45105181
Samefag pls
>>
>>45105058
There is a deck spread further up in the thread. You can't miss it. It's the only one. That's my deck literally and it is my favorite. It features the most efficient dig and tutor spells in the format which is relevant to my interests as a primarily UB mage.

I don't hate any deck. Only poor attitudes.
>>
>>45104923
Lantern is less fair than affinity?
>>45105058
>favorite deck
See ^, cool and unique as fuck and I play combo decks so I don't rage about ensnaring bridge.
>least favorite
Junk. I have never ever had a game against junk (or gbx memerange in general) that I enjoyed for any reason other than catharsis. I can't say that for any other deck I've played against more than twice, even g/r tron.
>>
>>45105091
>>45105163
As a frequent player of both, I'd put G/W Hatebears between Merfolk and Mono-G Stompy. It's very linear, and it doesn't seek to interact with the opponent so much as just deny them what they're doing (or make it grossly inefficient). It uses symmetrical effects to an asymmetrical effect, but I wouldn't consider anything it does as outside of the norm.

Mono-White D&T I'd probably put at F5. Its gameplan is very much based on what the opponent does, and Aether Vial is much more of a disruptive tool in D&T than it is in Hatebears. (In fact, vialing in a Blade Splicer to block a Cranial Plated Etched Champion is one of my favorite moments in Magic, and it's happened more than once) Perhaps this is just personal bias, but I've found myself interacting with my opponent very often when playing D&T - reactively, mainly, but reaction is still interaction.
>>
>>45105201
What?
>>
>>45105193
>jund player
>salt

Wew
Lad
>>
>>45105427
I play Esper Control.

And losing to hardcast Emrakul when there isn't a single card in my deck to stop it makes me pretty fucking salty.
>>
>>45105427
I play Esper Control.

Nah I'm just kidding. I play Tron and bomb on those other guys.
>>
Would the meta be healthy if wotc decided to ban urza's tower?
Which decks would be the best?
>>
>>45105519
We don't even know what the meta is yet. My store has remained unchanged so I'd say it's already pretty healthy.
>>
>>45104367
move lantern towards the top-right corner. Also move affinity and infect and stompy waaaaay over to the right (near the center). Anything where you can destroy permanents and block creatures is fair. More fair than bogles, imo. Hell, i'd put bogles up against the left wall, and move storm a bit to the right. With storm you can attack the hand, grave, permanents, kill or counter stuff. Storm may not itself interact, but it allows the opponent lots of avenues for interaction.

Also I'd consider putting Death&Taxes where Lantern is right now. And GW Hatebears slightly to the left of it.
>>
>>45105559
Might want to eyeball the chart a bit closer mane.
>>
>>45105559
>Storm may not itself interact, but it allows the opponent lots of avenues for interaction

I'd like to point out that the opponents ability to interact with you has no bearing on the decks own ability to interact.
>>
>>45105582
not sure i follow
>>
>>45105635
I think you're mixing up the Axis'.
>>
>>45101376
Is storm coming back or something?
>>
>>45105703
It never left if you play at my shop.
>>
>>45101376
Sure is easy to give people financial advice when it's not your own money that's on the line.
>>
since thread is almost done

Teferi EoT into uncounterable Possibility Storm to establish a hard lock in a UR control build

>how can I make it to turn 5 with this against tron?
>>
>>45106270
Just play Shared Fate.
>>
>>45098822
Infect is more unfair than Eldrazi though, the whole mechanic is broken as shit. Ramping to fatties slower than Tron isn't unfair unless your definition of it is one land can't produce more than one mana.
>>
>>45106329
it would help if there were better hate cards. But all we have is melira.
>>
>>45106344
Exactly, and Tron can't even tutor for it so it's a fucking Bye, unlike Burn with Wurmcoil, Feed the Clans etc.
>>
>a meta with two dozen variants of linear, non-interactive decks that all demand different answers
>sometimes you go off and sometimes you just get randomly fucked out of nowhere
>choosing a deck and sideboard is basically a crapshoot as you try to prepare for everything

I really want to like this format, but damn.
>>
>>45105058
>favorite
Ad Nauseam, it combines the best of both worlds: solitaire magic except the occasional Darkness vs Infect etc and the kill takes literally a second like with Twin after you've explained it once/your opponent knows your decklist, unlike Grishoalbrand, Eggs, Taking Turns etc which take fucking forever since they can fizzle.
>hated
Death and Taxes, abyssmal matchup for Tron with the Strip Mine almost every turn, Mindcensor etc but it's pretty shit overall against the rest of the field so its pilots somewhat piss me off in a "why are you playing this shit that has one good matchup" kind of way. All the solitaire combos can play around Thalia and Arbiter easily since Flickerwisp doesn't land until t3 and its usually their biggest and/or only beater so the clock isn't that fast.
>>
Some ppl and pros don't like the format because even though it does seem solved you can still lose easily to an amount of decks even if you play a tier one deck.

There's no deck that you can say for sure that'll you'll always win all or most of the games because the meta changes I believe
>>
Merfolk or Eldrazi, which should I build and reasons why.
>>
>>45106470
No one's gonna tell you to build Eldrazi because it hasn't achieved anything yet
>>
>>45106508
Price spikes?
>>
>>45101236

>split second is my least favorite mechanic but angels grace shouldn't have ever been printed

You know what goes through Angel's Grace "can't lose" and damage clause? Casting Siege Rhino
>>
>>45106736
Usually Angel's Grace means you die the same turn though.
>>
>>45106753

I'm just saying in situations where you use Angel's Grace(not as part of Ad Nauseam combo) to survive combat damage/other damage during an opponents turn. If they cast Siege Rhino in second main phase you will die at end of turn. So it's pretty amusing that it's Siege Rhino of all things that can circumvent Angel's Grace damage prevention and can't lose clause.
>>
>>45106817
Well the card is broken as shit so that's just a plus.
>>
>>45104137
URx delver ,i am guessing somwwhere near jund and junk,also i think you move UWx control further than the previous three at least in interaction,maybe in fairness too
>>
>>45101919
Put it on a site that offers a card preview or fuck off
>>
I got myself Aether Vials and Mutavaults (4 of each) and I'm thinking of making a Modern deck, which one would you recommend:
-Merfolks (without Cavern of Souls)
-Death & Taxes (as this as an example: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=11397&d=264687&f=MO)
Or are there other better options? I got a decent budget but still limited (reason why I removed the Caverns).
Regards.
>>
So anons, there ia this guy runming memeskai combo in our lgs.hes using noble hierarchs and the of the crew in his deck. Is it necesary noble hierarch in the deck?
>>
>>45106461
I don't see anything wrong with that
>>
>>45098822
Merfolk
>>
>>45107514
Therr are list with no hierarchs on it. If your problem is that you are such a poorfag, you can stick with the non-hierarch list. However, you might need hierarch to tap and kill.
>>
>>45105752
? Wat

I've had my playset since MM2013. I'm not exactly new to buyouts and more often than not my money is somewhat on the line.
>>
>>45107751
Yeah exactly, I know that, there's nothing wrong with that! F them, right?

If they want it solved they should fucking go play standard! Bunch of crybabies!

They are maybe scared they would lose the pro status at some point.
>>
File: monowhite.png (393KB, 1274x827px) Image search: [Google]
monowhite.png
393KB, 1274x827px
>played mono-white death and taxes to average success before tron ban as my first modern deck
>have gotten very good at fucking up opponents game plan post ban, win 3/4 games roughly

Similar to this deck though I only run 2 tec edges, linvala sideboard and no horizon canopy. Also I run 2 aegis of the gods main, vialing it in has saved me a few times.

It is really hilarious shitting on some t1 decks by simply playing Thalia/flickerwisp
>>
>>45108157
whoops meant TWIN BAN obviously
>>
>>45108169
Your inner wish is to tron be banned, we know.

Crapping on tier one decks is my fave thing to do, I'm going all out with Soul Sisters!
>>
>>45108246
Different guy, but a Tron ban would result in a decline of unfair decks because Tron filters fair decks early. Once they stop being filtered, they will have a shot to compete with the unfair decks, thus changing the fair-unfair ratio.
>>
>>45107398
>Not having AutocardAnywhere
>>
>>45104367
Add Grixis Control to that list please
>>
>>45108292
I want the "deck/card X is a policeman of the format" meme to leave
>>
>>45108346
How is tron not a policeman of the format? It's literally the reason control can't exist in modern

Feel free to explain yourself tron cuck
>>
File: 1451801904363.jpg (75KB, 312x294px) Image search: [Google]
1451801904363.jpg
75KB, 312x294px
>>45108346
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-30-09-06-37-1.png (214KB, 522x1627px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-30-09-06-37-1.png
214KB, 522x1627px
4-1 with this last night at FNM. Had to mull to five in 2/3 games in my only loss. Unlucky.

What chance does it have at a large wide open meta event like Regionals next week?
>>
>>45108374
if anything, then a lack of good control cards is keeping control from becoming viable in modern

the whole "X is police" point is just stupid and overused

greetings from a legacy player - our "police" is a blue bully
>>
>>45108457
If Tower were banned midrange decks become infinitely more viable and then control decks would emerge to prey on them. Tron ruins everything slower than it though
>>
File: fwefwedcw.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
fwefwedcw.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
I built an elves deck last year for about $100, and I maintain that it's still THE best deck in modern at that price. I run affinity now irl but I challenge anybody to make a better $100 modern deck. Mono-W allies comes to mind.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/elven-stampede-15-12-13-1/
>>
>>45108813
Monogreen Stompy.
>>
>>45108849
exceeds $100 unless you want to run it without thrun and garruk like a crazy person.
>>
>>45108873
You're an idiot. MGS costs $60-$75 and should not run Garruk. It curves out at 3.
>>
>>45108893
Thrun is optional SB at best in this meta, as a one-of.
>>
>>45108911
Jund and Junk will mess with you pretty bad. Thrun gives you some extra value. I wouldn't consider stompy better than that elves list I posted without being fully decked out.
>>
>>45108568
I get your line of thought

however, I am fine with tron
the deck oozes with flavor and besides it current role in the meta it is a great part of the format imo
the problem as I see it is the lack of proper answers
unconditional counterspells should not cost 1UU
they should cost UU and punish a t3 karn like they are supposed to

>a man can dream
>>
>>45105465
going with venser to answer emrakul
what i hate is that i can counter their fucking newlamog and still get 2 lands fucking exiled
>>
File: COks80kU8AEfbkD.jpg (43KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
COks80kU8AEfbkD.jpg
43KB, 600x452px
>>45109475
>"the deck oozes with flavor"
>Urza building New Phyrexian war machines, summoning monstrosities from the Blind Eternities, and resurrecting Elder Dragon Gods
ALL THAT FLAVOR
>>
>>45109604
Yeah but it has Karn
This excuses everything
>>
>>45104367

I feel like B/W Tokens needs to be on here somewhere, where about is up for debate though.
>>
File: 329641.jpg (34KB, 322x450px) Image search: [Google]
329641.jpg
34KB, 322x450px
Come here tronfags, i'm prepared with my glistening juices
>>
>>45110139
The promo is so much worse than the original...

The only Modern promos that look better than the originals are Wall of Omens and Wall of Roots.
>>
>>45110167
Pleb
>>
File: Path+to+Exile+%5BPRM-WPN%5D.jpg (48KB, 227x311px) Image search: [Google]
Path+to+Exile+%5BPRM-WPN%5D.jpg
48KB, 227x311px
>>45110167
>>
>>45110177
:^)

>>45110206
I guess Path is pretty good. Sun Titan too.
>>
>>45110167
Finks has the best promo art
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 178x248px
>>45110167
Much better than original
>>
>>45100735
It was, and that's why Hypergenesis is banned
>>
File: EternalWitness.jpg (33KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
EternalWitness.jpg
33KB, 223x311px
>>45110277
I prefer the original but the promo art isn't bad.

>>45110301
Ok I will give you this one.

I also think Eternal Witness promo looks slightly better.
>>
File: iteration8.png (485KB, 1309x1309px) Image search: [Google]
iteration8.png
485KB, 1309x1309px
Good morning, or afternoon, or night, everyone!
>Added
G/W hatebears, W/x Death and taxes, Grixis control, and Elves

>Moved
Burn to more linear, Merfolk more unfair,

Also, we have a clusterfuck of very interactive, fair control decks. Does anyone have input on more precise spacing? Should some decks swap? Be shifted up or down?
>>
>>45110370
Elves should be full linear
They do the same thing every time.

They're only interaction is a rare beast within or grabbing a Reclamation sage
>>
>>45110406
So A5ish?
>>
>>45110370
Tron is about as linear as Elves.
Blue Tron has no place on this picture.

Aura Hexproof isn't a name. It's Bogles.
Grixis Control is too misleading. It's Grixis.
Junk is an outdated name. It's Abzan.
>>
>>45106370
>I don't know how to metagame for my LGS
You're going to get fucked until you figure it out
>>
>>45110370
Not exactly sure why elves would not be under the fair decks line.
If we consider a bunch of mana dorks unfair what decks are even fair then?
>>
>>45110301
Every time I come close to trading a testicle for one of these, I buy cheaper modern staples instead. Doesn't help that I already have playsets of the Morningtide/MM versions either.
>>
What's a moderately inexpensive Modern deck I can build that won't be banned in a few months?

I have build a Kiki pod deck (looked fun) as my introduction to modern and had it banned shortly after finishing it, then started on a twin deck only to have that banned when I had most of the parts.
>>
>>45110435
It's pretty hard to figure out which decks you're going to play each week. Or to guarantee that you draw your sideboard cards for that matchup.
>>
>>45110167
Goblin Guide

>>45110277
This is easily the worst Clique art though
>>
>>45110421
I'd say a3 or a4
>>
>>45110513
>>>>Goblin Guide

what the fuck man, the promo sucks
>>
>>45107892
Why ascendacy combo needs hierarch? Isnt it enough with birds, caryatids and the blue creature with unearth?
>>
File: 1453958815459.jpg (58KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1453958815459.jpg
58KB, 320x320px
>>45102444
How have the fumaroles been working out for you? I've been considering them in my Grixis.
>>
>>45110470
Burn.
>>
>>45098400
So, /tg/, what are your least favorite phrase to see printed on a card?

My vote goes to "nonland permanent".
>>
>>45110597
"noncreature"
>>
>>45110597
I like it because I'm the guy playing manlands and pernicious deeds.

I think the worst is "can't" on creatures that cost 1w.
>>
>>45110167
Serum visions?
>>
>>45110652
Semen visions you mean
>>
>>45110429
Fuck off. Aura Hexproof is just another name. Grixis Control is more accurate.
And most people I've talked to still prefer to use Junk rather than Abzan.
>>
>>45110736
Junk, BUG, RUG, patriot. Mardu doesn't matter because it's the worst combination of colors, so no ones ever going to say itb anyway
>>
Need some opinions fellas

I have two expeditions: Fetid Heath and Sunken Hollow

I know Sunken Hollow will likely only fall as it's Standard garbage that will see no play elsewhere as there are infinitely better options, but I have no idea if Fetid Heath is played. I've never seen it before.

What should I do with these? Try to trade up to an actual played Expedition like Horizon Canopy, Godless Shrine, etc? Trade for modern staples? Sell for buylist credit?
>>
>>45110785
Depends entirely on what format you play.
>>
>>45110785
Trade them for format staples, you'll use them longer.
>>
>>45110802
Oh sorry, I play mostly Merfolk in modern.
>>
>>45110429
>Blue Tron has no place on this picture

Why?
>>
>>45110785
trade it in for 110+ in format staples and you've made a good deal

what deck are you wanting to build?
>>
>>45110543
The promo art is WAY fucking better. He looks active instead of the passive cowering wretch in the original art. But it's a different kind of fear, he looks distressed because he doesn't actually know how to read the map he's holding, if he even knows how to read at all.

Also Scooze promo > original art
>>
>>45110964
You can believe what you want, but that's pretty ugly promo art
>>
>>45110370
Delver decks somewhere around control?
>>
So I kind of like the idea of Taking Turns with Narset. Should I actually try and make it playable, or should I just jam other cute tech like 4 Quicken, 2 Temporal Mastery, 2 Entreat the Angels? I even kind of like the idea of Serra Avengers as finishers, because if I hit an early miracle'd Mastery the casting restriction means nothing and it gets online for cheap after a Supreme Verdict.
>>
>>45109604
>>45109636

this desu
I have a huge weak spot for the whole Urza-Phyrexia-Karn-Mirrodin-NewPhyrexia storyline
I love Karn, no matter on what side of the board
and a slow inevitable deck is fine for me as long as it wins where it is supposed to win and that is the ultra-lategame

and while you are right about the Eldrazi - a Phyrexian war machine that originates from the plane that was made by Karn and was corrupted by Phyrexia, I'm more than fine with that
>>
>>45110563
I honestly wish it was a one Fumarole and 1 Lumbering Falls, mainly because the decks I went up against were bringing a lot of bolts, Paths, and Lightning Helix. Sure Fumarole allowed me to kill a Spellskite and a Wall of Omens, but I can do that with 3/4 of the Manlands if I had 1 Lumbering Falls still. Overall Fumarole is not as great as Raging Ravines but it can beat face like Raging Ravines
>>
>>45111852
>Slow and inevitable
>wins on turn 3
Get your shit straight
>>
>>45111927
>as long as it wins where it is supposed to win and that is the ultra-lategame

nowhere did I say I am fine with how tron can win right now

reading comprehension anon
>>
>>45111852
>Slow and inevitable

that's "Emeria Control" deck's description deck, you stole it, give it back!
>>
File: Tower.jpg (99KB, 750x614px) Image search: [Google]
Tower.jpg
99KB, 750x614px
>>45109604
That's half the reason I play the deck right there.
It's like a vorthos wet dream.
>>
>>45110597
"can’t be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control"

>>45110167
signal pest
>>
>>45110370
>we have a clusterfuck

You could replace the markers with small, numbered or lettered placeholders and add a key at the bottom that showcases the image markers and correspond with the proper number or letter.
>>
>>45112366
He was being sarcastic
>>
>over 10 sb slots dedicated to removal
>never see any of them or play nothing random control or combo players who show up once a year the entire night

what makes you rage /tg/
>>
>>45112420
I wasn't.
>>
>>45112470
There's no flavour.
Urza summoning Phyrexian shit is nonsense
>>
>>45112440
People who type like you.
What are you even trying to say in thar second line?
>>
>>45112366
What's a vorthos
>>
File: Power Plant.jpg (165KB, 750x620px) Image search: [Google]
Power Plant.jpg
165KB, 750x620px
>>45112510
Who's to say he didn't learn a thing or two from his nemesis?

>Urza building New Phyrexian war machines, summoning monstrosities from the Blind Eternities, and resurrecting Elder Dragon Gods

All things an amoral wizard with a lot of power at his disposal would do. Doesn't even have to be Urza doing this. Every time I sit at the table, its ME doing this. Thats MY tower, MY silver golem, and I will summon all the phyrexian monstrosities I want and you'll like it.
>>
>>45112531
you should learn english you faggot
>>
>>45112578
Here, this should explain things nicely:
http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Player_type#Aesthetic_profile
>>
>>45112578
They're literaly faggots who get orgasms by wanking to the mtg storyline.

Seriously, they that enjoy mtg storyline and/or enjoy decks that respect the mtg flavor like a chandra deck with her parents, all her planeswalker cards and chandra's rage, chandra's phoenix, piromancer's googles, etc.

Source: i am one of those
>>
File: 1436947742631.png (196KB, 447x329px) Image search: [Google]
1436947742631.png
196KB, 447x329px
>>45112366
>>45112470
I was absolutely being sarcastic.
>>
>>45112758
I'm sorry you hate the deck but everything you said was true.
>>
>>45112711
As much as I was behind this with some of the earlier storylines, the current Chandra/Jace/Nissa/Sorin/Whatever focus is killing my storyboner so hard. They're like fanfic characters. Let's lose the edgy capes and bring back Karn or someone actually interesting into the storyline. All this "planeswalker superfriends fighting tentacle monsters" stuff is weak as fuck and I feel like it might continue in a similar vein in the new innistrad set.
>>
>>45112855
>I hate all this planeswalker shit, please bring back more planeswalkers
>>
New Bread.

>>45112868
>>45112868
>>45112868
>>
>>45102170
Don't feel bad man , he could have been running a conflagrate aswell to kill you
>>
>>45112872
The issue isn't planeswalkers, It's that all the planeswalkers are coming out of the same cookie cutter "hero of justice with troubled past" mold. At least Urza and Karn made mistakes and had some depth.
>>
>>45108409
Not great. You have a rough time with a lot of the random combo lists that can show up in a big event (Ad Nauseum, Living End, and Grishoalbrand)
>>
>>45112884
He took the match (and tourney) with Conflagrate game 3, but G2 he popped Lightning Storm and decked himself. That would have happened game 1, and I would have stood a better chance of winning the match.

At least I know for next time I guess. Worst part was having a Runed Halo dead in my hand on my final turn and not being able to google Conflagrate's name.
>>
>>45112855
>>>45112868
Me and you... it's me and you.
Only if I had a time machine, I'd bang my head into a wall so hard to just maybe forget all of the storyline and fucking bring myself back to URZA saga!
I'd also take a note on which cards to get a playset of for playing without wasting much cash
>>
>>45110597
>damage to target creature
>>
>>45110406

You mean chording their silver bullets? That deck has interaction depending on the matchup. It has either hate in the form of Kataki, Melira or Chameleon Colossus, or reacts with something like Burrenton Forge Tender when Pyroclasm is an issue. It either goes for Shaman kill or Ezuri/Mirror Entity
>>
>>45110429
>Junk is an outdated name. It's Abzan.
FTFY
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.