[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please wordfilter "WaniKani". It's a $400 pay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

File: 1375248249349.jpg (49KB, 554x508px) Image search: [Google]
1375248249349.jpg
49KB, 554x508px
Please wordfilter "WaniKani". It's a $400 paysite that is being spammed on /a/'s Daily Japanese Thread recently, either for marketing or trolling purposes.
>>>/a/135597269/
http://desustorage.org/a/thread/135597269/
55 mentions so far in this thread alone.
>>
>>400422
No fucking point in wordfiltering. Self-moderation is the way to go since wordfilters are inherently useless (you can say wani kani or shit like that). Just be the bigger man and report and ignore.

Also you're a fucking faggot.
>>
DJT is not about anime or manga. How do you justify its continued presence on /a/?
>>
Please and thank you.

It doesn't have to be permanent, it doesn't have to be a filter, just do something about it. Somehow moderating wanikani arguments until people forget about new years would be appropriate.
>>
Why is a language thread on /a/ in the first place?
>>
Why is DJT allowed on /a/ when LN threads get moved to /jp/?
>>
File: get fucked.png (80KB, 1033x267px) Image search: [Google]
get fucked.png
80KB, 1033x267px
>>400428
>>
>>400425
There is no such thing as self moderation.
>>400428
Kicked out of /jp/ and /int/
>>
>>400422
...It's a japanese learning resource being discussed in a thread about learning japanese.

How is this odd again? DJT has plenty of autists that love to argue to the death about anything.
>>
>>400428
Precisely.
>>
>>400428
Because /lang/ doesn't exist anymore, /int/ is all proxy shitposting, and /jp/ doesn't want us. Plus >>400430
>>
Don't listen to OP, he's simply one of those ruffians trying to disturb the thread with his antagonistic antics. WakiKani™ is simply one of the many us over on DJT have decided to learn Japanese. Please consider banning more rapscallions like OP for the sake of DJT.
>>
>>400436
Currently 33% off!
>>
>>400430
>old bullshit from 2012
You'll have to do better than that.
>>
>>400428
At this point it's only custom really.
>>
>>400439
Stuff doesn't change simply because you didn't post back then newfriend.
>>
>>400430
>whine for subs
And now we have the greatness that is crunchyroll. Thanks you CR.
>>
Ban him: >>>/a/135607547
>>
I saw someone shilling wanikani in the secret s/a/nta threads too. I can't remember if the posts were deleted but I did report then.
>>
>>400441
The mods who came up with that policy are probably long gone. It's time to let some new winds blow.
>>
>>400446
They're shilling hard right now because they know there are so many newyears resolution fags.
>>
>>400430
I use /DJT/ too and...
1. /int/ has language threads now
2. That mod is actually WRONG /jp/ also has japanese learning threads and would WELCOME us
3. That mod envisioned /DJT/ to be be shit and actually be about studying and learning and not constant flame wars about the same "vocab vs kanji" debates over and over again.
>>
>>400448
Leave it to Hiro and we'll have /lang/ by next month.
>>
>>400451
>2. That mod is actually WRONG /jp/ also has japanese learning threads and would WELCOME us
>/jp/ welcoming anybody
>>>/s4s/
>>
>>400451
>1. /int/ has language threads now

90% of people who use /djt/ have /a/ as a home board or use it most of the time. Nobody wants to mix with the lowlife degenerate normalfags of /int/.

>2. That mod is actually WRONG /jp/ also has japanese learning threads and would WELCOME us

Actually, they fucking hate /djt/ and think it's cancer (because it is). Their threads are only populated by beginners because most /jp/sies typically choose the path of getting the resources and bruteforcing their learning all the way without stopping to chat about inane shit like we do.

>3. That mod envisioned /DJT/ to be be shit and actually be about studying and learning and not constant flame wars about the same "vocab vs kanji" debates over and over again.

Threads are pretty good sometimes.
>>
>>400432
As a frequenter of djt, the problem is that it's not being discussed, well I don't even think it's a "problem" because I don't care, but what OP is referring to is how people are essentially trolling and calling it a good resource when it's pretty garbage, it's flamebaiting and that's against the rules I believe.
>>
>>400454
>Threads are pretty good sometimes.
Last thread was pretty good. The threads are only bad when retards start lulzing for hours on end like >>>/a/135607547
>>
>>400455
How are you supposed to tell whether someone is flame baiting or legitimately arguing against the consensus of a couple people who decided it was shit?
>>
>>400460
When they admit it themselves.

Even if they were legitimately arguing against the consensus it's a problem when they literally make no arguments at all and refuse to stop shitposting for an entire thread (like two threads ago).
>>
>>400460
The reason some of us thought it was a shill(or a troll pretending to be one) is when we pointed out that you can get the content of WK for free on one of the pirated decks for anki and he still insisted people should try out WK.
>>
>>400460
Well, to begin with, as OP mentioned, Wanikani has barely been mentioned for a long time precisely because it's so bad. The sudden surge in activity around it is doubtlessly trolls - maybe shills, I don't know about that though.

As for how it's obvious how they're not legitimately arguing, that's simple. They're not posting arguments! This may sound biased, but Wanikani truly is bad in every way, there's a free equivalent that's superior in every way. No one is arguing for Wanikani because there are simply no valid arguments for it. That's why it was barely discussed before now - there's NOTHING to discuss! It's just worse in objective, measurable ways. The pro-wanikani (or whatever) trolls never defend themselves because they can't. They just shitpost and hope someone takes the bait.
>>
>>400451
>/jp/ would WELCOME us

Have you ever actually visited /jp/?
>>
>>400464
>decks for anki
It's no good if you're missing the site's functionality.

>>400467
>It's just worse in objective, measurable ways
Like what. Boy, you're full of shit.
>>
>>400471
>It's no good if you're missing the site's functionality.
Like?
>Like what. Boy, you're full of shit.
>>>/a/135601218
>>
>>400471
>Like what. Boy, you're full of shit.
http://pastebin.com/ujNXfMtB

Since you're an outsider, I will make it really simple:
1- Anki is an open source program that strives to be very customizable. It gives you many many options and is still overall easy to use. It is free, so I'm not shilling.
2- Wanikani takes everything anki does... and limits it. They're both SRS flashcard systems, but Wanikani gives you less options. That's it. There's nothing more to it.

Therefore, Wanikani is objectively worse in measurable ways.
>>
>>400476
inb4 "anki isn't easy to use"
You ever see something that's /actually/ hard to use?
>>
>>400476
More options doesn't mean it's better. If there's an optimal solution and it provides you the optimal solution its better to have just the solution than a bunch of extra stuff that you add to make it less than optimal.
>>
>>400482
Good thing wanikani is extremely far from optimal and forcibly teaches you misinformation and locks you into its system so you can't fix it.
>>
>>400482
Have you ever actually used anki beyond premade decks or are you just talking out of your ass / blatantly shitposting?
>>
>>400473
>Mnemonics
>WaniKani has mnemonics to teach you every single radical, kanji, and vocabulary word on the site. Waste less time, memorize and recall way more.

>Radicals
>Radicals are building blocks for learning kanji. You’ll use them to create kanji (forget about individual strokes) and make mnemonics that allow you to memorize a kanji in seconds, not days or weeks.

>Kanji
>Learn over 2,000 kanji, hand-picked and cleverly ordered, so you can learn the kanji meanings and readings more efficiently. A Japanese schoolchild will spend eight years doing what you can do in a year and a half.

>Lessons & Reviews
>Radicals, kanji, and vocabulary are taught to you through lessons using mnemonics. Practice learned items via reviews until recalling them is second nature.

>Spaced Repetition System
>WaniKani is more than just flashcards. Our SRS algorithm adjusts time between reviews for each individual item, calculated by your last session. You will see a radical, kanji, or vocabulary in your reviews at the optimal time for you, not anybody else.

Just to list a few of its features.

Yeah, your link is full of bullshit, the service has been optimised to suit the needs of the Japanese learner.

>>400476
Anki is like a notebook. Sure, you're free to scribble any nonsense on it you like, but that's also its main weakness. Namely, lack of structure. Meanwhile, WaniKani has been designed as a comprehensive experience that will take you all the way from knowing nothing to possessing all the Japanese you need in your day to day life with as little effort as possible.
>>
>>400488
Why yes, I'm doing my reps right now while making these posts.
>>
>>400482
Putting aside all the problems with Wanikani's unchangeable settings that make them decidedly non-optimal..

... Who are you to decide which solution is optimal? Different people want different things. Therefore, more options will ALWAYS be better than less options.
>>
>>400491
>Sure, you're free to scribble any nonsense on it you like, but that's also its main weakness.
Plenty of pre-made decks far superior to anything Wani shit outs. You're not proving anything from pasting a god-damn marketing blurb, by the way.
>>
>>400491
>Mnemonics
You can use other peoples' mnemonics in anki decks even though it's a bad idea.
>Radicals
See above; also wanikani's entire radicals system is objectively wrong.
>Kanji
See above.
>Lessons
Anki does this, it's called a card's learning phase.
>Spaced Repetition System
WaniKani's spaced repetition is *objectively* inferior to Anki's.
>>
>>400491
Oh wow my sides. Here's a (You). (You) definitely deserved it! That was an excellent co structed (You) deserving lost.
>>
>>400451
I thought the JP thread on /int/ was for speaking Japanese, not for learning it.
>>
>>400508
It is.
>>
>>400508
>speaking on an image board
Do you use vocaroo or something?
>>
Not OP but I wanted to clarify. Debates about wanikani like >>400495
>>400494
>>400493
>>400491
>>400486
>>400482
is totally fine and not what OP is talking about.

The problem is when shitposters such as >>>/a/135600873 >>>/a/135600683 >>>/135608671 . Obvious troll(s) who lie and don't engage in debate, but instead just flamebait and encourage shitposting. Not really a big deal IMO, but at least it's a real problem, and not someone trying to stifle debate or anything.
>>
>>400518
Fix: >>>/a/135608671
>>
>>400495
>You can use other peoples' mnemonics in anki decks even though it's a bad idea.
Those aren't anywhere near as intelligent as the mnemonics WaniKani gives you.

>See above; also wanikani's entire radicals system is objectively wrong.
I'm not interested in your purist nonsense. The only thing that matters is that WaniKani's radicals work.

>See above.
There's nothing wrong with WaniKani's kanji.

>Anki does this, it's called a card's learning phase.
That's not even close to the WaniKani experience.

>WaniKani's spaced repetition is *objectively* inferior to Anki's.
It's only inferior in your subjective mind that has never used WaniKani.
>>
>>400528
>Those aren't anywhere near as intelligent as the mnemonics WaniKani gives you.
WaniKani's mnemonics are literally braindead retarded and have absolutely nothing to do with the etymology of the characters.
>I'm not interested in your purist nonsense. The only thing that matters is that WaniKani's radicals work.
And if they weren't wrong, they would work *properly*. As is they're as good as alphabet letters. You're one of those retards who drank the coolaid that radicals are like alphabet letters: essentially devoid of inherent meaning. They are not. Not at all.
>There's nothing wrong with WaniKani's kanji.
>>>/a/135571119
>That's not even close to the WaniKani experience.
Kill yourself, retarded shill.
>It's only inferior in your subjective mind that has never used WaniKani.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgetting_curve
WaniKani's SRS does not follow a forgetting curve. Not at all. Try defending how it's somehow not inferior to a system that does follow a forgetting curve.
>>
File: 1432517133868.jpg (26KB, 215x365px) Image search: [Google]
1432517133868.jpg
26KB, 215x365px
Give me one reason why I should pay for waki when I can import their content into anki for 0 dollars.
>>
I never saw many mentions of wanikani in /djt/ except for people calling it a shitty scam. Then again I haven't been there in months.
>>
I decide to open up the site for this thing and you straight up have to be a idiot to use it. It looks like one of those good ol scam sites, except with a modern touch. Why would anyone sane even try it?
>>
>>400605
It started right at near years.
>>
>>400454
>90% of people who use /djt/ have /a/ as a home board or use it most of the time.
I've lurked and read through the past year and a half worth of djt threads, anon. It may have started out that way but over the past six or so months, going into djt is like leaving /a/. There is barely any focus on anime and manga compared to visual novels and other things which would be banned if you made a thread about them.
>>
>>400462
>When they admit it themselves.
Unless you are a mod you have no way to verify such claims.
>>
>>400467
>As for how it's obvious how they're not legitimately arguing, that's simple. They're not posting arguments! This may sound biased, but Wanikani truly is bad in every way, there's a free equivalent that's superior in every way. No one is arguing for Wanikani because there are simply no valid arguments for it. That's why it was barely discussed before now - there's NOTHING to discuss! It's just worse in objective, measurable ways. The pro-wanikani (or whatever) trolls never defend themselves because they can't. They just shitpost and hope someone takes the bait.
Replace "pro-wanikani" with "anti-RTK" and your post would sound exactly the same in respect to djt retards. When you don't like, it's shitposting. That's all it really boils down to.
>>
>>400528
>Those aren't anywhere near as intelligent as the mnemonics WaniKani gives you.
The point of a mnemonic is so that you remember it well. Intelligent is literally a non-factor and the best mnemonic you can use is preferably one you make yourself, as it will have the most emotional relevant and thus easier to recall.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.