[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dbt/ Daily bike thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 304
Thread images: 62

File: DL650A_XAL7_Action_17.jpg (245KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
DL650A_XAL7_Action_17.jpg
245KB, 1000x750px
[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

V-Strom a best edition

>/dbt/ map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
http://cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
>>10361928

>Weeaboos with sound
>>>/wsg/1564043

>Previously on /dbt/
>>16837145
>>
>>16840359
not rly

great engine, shit chassis
>>
i hate living in massachusetts
>>
>>16840348
As opposed to sitting in them? Here's how it works:

Think about this: when you're driving you stop paying attention to the cars that are riding alongside you. You know they're there, but you don't actually pay any attention to them. That said, this lower speed also makes you comfortable and, to an extent, complacent.

When a car passes you on the highway, you see them. They get your attention until they're in front of you, then you don't care because they're gone in the distance. Because of the higher speed and constant introduction of new obstacles to your path, you also tend to pay more attention, which helps you see that retard who can't hold their lane and adjust accordingly.

Because of this, by passing people you draw attention to yourself. However you're not being a retard like >>16840360 suggests, and instead are moving just fast enough to command attention without also bringing comments of "what an asshole" because you're moving faster than traffic.

I've never had a person nearly sideswipe me while doing this, but I've had about 6 instances where I was almost sideswiped doing the speed limit.
>>
>>16840359
>V-Strom
>literally just an overweight SV650/1000
how bout no
>>
>>16840359
5th for if you don't start off on a super sport bike you have no balls and should get a Harley, as the thick vibrations will make your vagina feel good
>>
File: HAHA TIME FOR ADV.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HAHA TIME FOR ADV.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>16840392
>Comparing Naked/Sport to ADV
>>
Early for have a buyer looking at the bike tonight
>And test riding the fz6 tomorrow

H Y P E
Y
P
E
>>
>>16840392
Also cta owns a vstorm so its a bike for gay degenarate cunts.
>>
>>16840433
>ADV
aka the crossovers of motorcycles

>hey i took a SV650 and raised it a foot and made it 100 lbs heavier, now it's """""ADVENTUROUS""""
>>
>>16840391
Here's how it actually works. The safest way to ride is to get distance from the cars and keep whatever speed slows you to keep that distance. If you're riding on roads that are congested enough hat you're always in someone's blind spot when maintaining traffic speed, it's way too congested to safely ride 10-15 mph faster than everyone else
>>
>>16840442
Whatever speed allows you

Not slows you
>>
>>16840362
Yes, I can exactly because I started on a 600 and while I'm happy with my bike I wish I could go back and get a 300.

You can't even start to scrap the limits of a 600 on public roads, how the fuck are you supposed to become a good rider?

I have no problem riding the bike safely but that's not what I want to achieve, I want to become a decent rider who can drag knee and getting to that level on a 600 is much harder, especially on public roads.
>>16840400
>But if everyone played it safe and did everything in fear of being hurt you wouldn't even be on your shitty 250 as bikes would undoubtedly be outlawed.
I don't understand your argument here. Aren't you contraddicting yourself?
>Get the bike you want to get
A noob doesn't know what he wants, he thinks he knows what he wants.
250/300 are cool bikes.
>>
>>16840442
it's more like 5 mph faster than everyone else, or just be in the fast lane
>>
File: Torks.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Torks.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>16840439
>.t non """""ADVENTUROUS""""
>>
>>16840381
Mass resident here. Honestly fuck this weather we were doing so good in feb and right when it's actually supposed to get warm it's back to this cold icy salty garbage. Fuck this shit I'm moving cross country at the end of summer
>>
>>16840460
sorry but i like riding bikes that can actually ride on dirt, not just pretend like they do
>>
>>16840392
>t. manlet who weighs 50kg soaking wet (and I'm not talking about your vagina)

What's it like not being able to flat foot a grom?
>>
>>16840442
If you're in congestion that doesn't allow it you should be either lanesplitting or holding a line that ensures you aren't going to get rear-ended while allowing you an exit strategy. This is shit they teach in rider courses.

In fact, apparently some euro countries also teach that on a bike it's safer to be moving faster than traffic still. It used to be taught in America as well.

>10-15mph
I said 5-10mph. No retard says you should be flying past traffic doing 20 over the speed limit and claiming it's safe.

>keep distance from cars
Passing them at a gentle pace IS keeping distance. It minimizes the time you're in their blindspot, and keeps traffic racers from trying to squeeze by you to get ahead.
>>
>>16840452
>250/300 arent cool bikes.

fixd that for ya
>>
File: I'm might be reddit bad.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
I'm might be reddit bad.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>16840469
I know ADV isn`t as good as a dirt bike on the dirt, thats why I have a dirt bike.

Still I also know, that after all these years nothing has been better for me than an ADV bike for daily highway commute over long distances.
>>
how many locks and chains do you guys use when street parking?

im getting a cover, disclock and kryptonite chain. will it be enough to deter most thieves?
>>
>>16840483
except a regular sport tourer that isn't needlessly pigfat
>>
>>16840483
>daily highway commute over long distances.

Upvoted. I don't like ADV bikes because of their ability (or not) to go offroad. I buy them for comfort and ability to chew up hours of road with a pillion.
>>
>>16840452
>I have a motorcycle so I know what everyone else wants

You spend too much time on dbt. You do realize the absolute majority of people who buy sport bikes do so because they think they will look cool on it or because they think they are cool bikes? Sure you will probably develop faster and be a better rider in all aspects starting on a 250/300 but the majority of people don't need to be the next Moto gp racer. They want to get the bike they like and learn how to ride it. Just because you own and ride a bike doesn't mean you are the end all be all for rider knowledge. Most people don't sit around on dbt shitposting for three years before finally getting a 250. People want a bike and go buy it with the money they've earned, they enjoy their bike and riding it, and could give a shit about what you think is best for them.
>>
>>16840489
if your bike is nice enough for thieves to bother with breaking through a disc lock, it's probably too nice to park on the street

unless it's a supermoto or something light where they can just pick it up and throw it in a truck, then i'd chain the rim through the frame
>>
>>16840472
nigga you gay

this is why ill never own a harley xr1200 (only decent harley imo)

high nineties hp? ok

550 lbs wet weight on a sport(y) bike? def fail

why would I want a bike to weigh more than it has to?

it serves no purpose, america isnt infested with shitty dirt roads full of potholes anymore

all that extra metal is a waste
>>
adventure bikes are what soccer moms would ride if they got motorcycles
>>
>>16840474
>lanesplitting
Not everyone is from California.
>>
File: IMG_20170305_115213.jpg (1MB, 2604x1934px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170305_115213.jpg
1MB, 2604x1934px
>>16840505
Sometimes other people don't want to go fast but just enjoy the feeling of riding a motorcycle.
>>
File: photos-large-3.jpg (215KB, 722x406px) Image search: [Google]
photos-large-3.jpg
215KB, 722x406px
>>16840474
>It used to be taught in America as well.
still is. or at least was in october

>>16840497
>I buy them for comfort and ability to chew up hours of road with a pillion.
you know you want to
>>
>>16840311
Barring highway/unrestricted A-road traffic, even a 4-stroke 125 is sufficient to keep up safely with traffic. It;s sure as hell not EASY, you need to manage your availalble momentum budget and pre-plan your intended route and possible escape-routes as you ride, and watch the road ahead to figure out where you can go (e.g. if there's a steep hill, you better be preparing your run-up well in advance).

Which is rather the point of riding a 125 for a bit before switching up to something larger and more capable: you're forced to observe and plan out of necessity, whereas starting with a larger bike can breed lazyness and complacency. Plus, for the inevitable handling screwups that you're going to make, a 125 is far less punishing (e.g. easy to support with one leg if you overbalance while stationary, easy to lift after a drop even if it lands on you, etc).

Sure, I wouldn't want to go back to 125cc now I have 800, but I don't regret for a minute riding that 125 to start.
>>
File: ca-map.gif (17KB, 359x397px) Image search: [Google]
ca-map.gif
17KB, 359x397px
>>16840515
sucks for them
>>
>>16840517
>not wanting to go fast

you make no sense

thats like trying to conserve your cocaine, pointless
>>
>>16840515
Then pick one of the lines between cars and sit on it in traffic. It's what I do when I'm not splitting. That way at least you're safer than being sandwiched between cars.
>>
>>16840452
how are you about to talk about learner bikes and the safest route to go when your end goal is to be able to drag knee on public roads? Go to a racetrack you retarded faggot any new rider jumping on a supersport is far safer than the wannabe racer riding on public roads
>>
File: cycleergo.jpg (370KB, 1162x684px) Image search: [Google]
cycleergo.jpg
370KB, 1162x684px
>>16840496
Hmm... which one would be more comfortable to sit on all day especially with a pillion.

really makes you think
>>
>>16840460
>gee i sure am glad i bought an adventure bike to ride on this flat pavement
>>
>>16840526
>he can't have fun through the pure joy of riding itself

I feel sorry for you anon. I'd get just as much enjoyment out of riding a grom as I would an S1000RR
>>
>>16840523
it really doesnt though

we enjoy our relatively sane politicians, low taxes and lack of insane libtards

enjoy your state reverting back to its natural landscape, a desert
>>
File: Doggo.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Doggo.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>16840496
If it is question of speed get a Sport then, not a Sportish crossover.
All Sport tourers are universally more expensive and any ADV bikes for slightly better handling and no more comfort.

>>16840497
Yeah, buddy I can`t imagine the back pains of ride a full hour one way, with a heavy ass pack, on anything else.

People might say side boxes and top box, but I am poor and they would cost half as much as my KLR 650.
>>
>>16840533
Depends on your body. My VFR is super comfy, but more than a few minutes on something upright is just outright unpleasant.
>>
>>16840553
>1 hour ride
>Back pain
What kind of fucking geratric emaciated faggot are you? I ride a supersport and my lower back doesn't even start to feel uncomfortable until at least 3 hours in.
>>
>>16840533
How and what angle the pegs are located and how wide and shape of the tank make a big dif.

My yamaha rd 400 had an upright riding position and a wide padded seat but the tank and pegs were spaced much too far apart.
>>
>>16840558
>every person has the same body as me

you're showing your naivety moron.
>>
File: shitbike.jpg (246KB, 1394x860px) Image search: [Google]
shitbike.jpg
246KB, 1394x860px
>>16840541
Not like I bought it for off roading.

>>16840558
Do it with 20 kilos of work shit, twice a day for years and it gets old mate.
>>
>>16840503
I will chain the frame to a structural metal pole,

I thought they just removed the wheel/disc instead of removing the disklock.
>>
>>16840573
Done it. Not that bad. Just throw it in a backpack and tighten it up right and you won't have issues.
>>
>>16840558
Supersport rider here. Everyone's different you retarded fag. For me it's an hour and a half to 2 hours for me to get uncomfortable. After a quick rest I'm back up but for significantly less time. After 5 or so hours riding no amount of break time will make getting back in my bike feel good for my back and or ass
>>
>>16840526
I've casually don't coke, it was ok.

But I like farting along on a bike sometimes and just not with about a rush
>>
>>16840522
>Barring highway/unrestricted A-road traffic
yeah

>>16840523
>leaving out chuckwalla and auto club speedway

>>16840530
110% correct
>>
>>16840586
>not that bad
Can you really blame someone for wanting to make their motorcycle experience a little better than 'not that bad'?
>>
>>16840605
Yeah seriously. I don't know why I am still surprised at the bullshit retarded cunts on /dbt/ spew.

>everyone should ride a CBR1000... no matter what their riding goals are... because umm... hurrr they're fast.... even though I ride a ninja 250 and can't even ride that at 10/10ths
>>
>>16840500
As I said they only think they know what they want.

As always, ignorants aren't allowed to have opinions. That's why limited licenses should be a thing everywhere. Just not like in the EU.
>>16840530
You don't even need to speed to drag knee, let alone ride dangerously, imbecile.
>any new rider jumping on a supersport is far safer than the wannabe racer riding on public roads
No sane person whould ever think this, especially if you equate simply dragging knee with a "wannabe racer". Christ you're retarded.
>>
>>16840648
Daily reminder that REAL MOTORCYCLINGâ„¢ is exclusively low speed control.

Anyone that goes faster than 75mph on a motorcycle is not a real motorcyclist and should. No one should ride any motorcycles with more than 50hp and everyone should wear a textile oversuit, knee pads, neck condom, leg condoms, elbow pads, elbow condoms, helmet and head condom, full elbow length gloves with integrated glove condom, boots, boot condoms, chest protector, chest condom, etc. or you're not a REAL MOTORCYCLISTâ„¢ and in a crash your shitty leather and CE padding will explode compared to my impenetrable textile armor that I wear to political rallies and beat people up in.
>>
File: End of the speedo.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
End of the speedo.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>16840594
I never ridden a Sport but I would like to have one, one day maybe.

What I can say, if I had a car or a nothing form of transport say another bike. I wouldnt mind taking a sport to work now and then.

But I only have ADV and I can say it is very practical to get around on it.

>>16840605
Yeah, thats why the first bike I was gotten was an XT-350. It sort of rode alright on the highway(very slow, or the engine would last), but it tower and traffic was were it shined. I managed everything on that shitty bike.

It`s why I upgraded to a bigger thumped with the KLR-650. Same practical nature, with a bullet proof engine.

>>16840616
I wouldn't mind a Sport if I got one for free, but I can`t afford it nor compromise on what I have now to get one.
>it is nice to go fast now and then
>>
>>16840660
I wont need a condom(s), if I am going to die a virgin.
>>
>>16840648
This guys still trying. Rossi jr over here get over it no one is going to listen to the wannabe racer about rider safety.
>>
>>16840648
Yeah no

Commie bullshit like tiered licensing is pure fail

I dont need a nanny state government to tell me what I can or cant do and hold my hand im a grown ass man

I can figure it out on my own
>>
>>16840675
keckled
>>
>>16840694
>beginner pilots should be able to jump at the controls of a dreamliner
>>
>>16840694
That guy is so cucked he doesn't know what to do with a little freedom
>>
>>16840703
Glad were on the same page finally

That wasnt so hard now was it?
>>
>>16840533
Unironically the VFR because you have no seat back.
>>
>>16840489
I have full coverage on all my bikes and dont lock them up at all.

I park them in the garage and I park them right in front of my office.

Doubt someone will steal them and if they do I'll just buy another one.
>>
>>16840703
>motorcycle licensing and passenger airplane licensing should be the same process

Maybe someday you'll graduate from special ed.
>>
>>16840505
>xr1200
Imagine if Indian made an XR1200 style bike with their Scout motor and a cast aluminum frame,

wew lad
>>
>>16840720
>you can't kill yourself or others on a motorcycle

kill yourself
>>
>>16840708
ikr

its like eurofags are at a loss if theres a task that isnt already fully laid out in miles of red tape rules and regulations

damnit theres no bullshit guide to tell me how to do this from beginning to end wtf do I do?
>>
>>16840523
That map forgot Chuckwalla, Fontana Autoclub, and Irwindale Speedway.
>>
>>16840717
Getting insurance to compensate you for a stolen motorcycle is a lengthy and painstaking process. Getting insurance companies to actually do anything you pay them to do is a lengthy and painstaking process.

If you ever get your bike stolen you would never leave it unlocked again. Luckily for you you prob don't live in niggerville and it's very unlikely people will steal your shit.

That being said I used to leave my helmet on my bike until someone stole it. Was a nice populated area too right next to a state police barracks.
>>
>>16840500
That's fair in a sense but it's also why classifieds are full of 600s and 1000s bought new in 2009 with 1000km because "I swear I don't have time to ride it, really"
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 600x340px
So I had a BMW g650 xmoto that got stolen by some cretin. Loved the bike so much I want to stay with BMW, handling was impeccable, build quality was brilliant, lacked a bit in top speed, engine paint was shit but it was beyond reliable. The money is coming through soon so I am thinking of getting something bigger for around the £4500 mark. Don't want a crotch rocket as I'm 6ft 5 but I'm 24 so I still want something that is drastically going to reduce my life expectancy. I have been looking at these BMW r1200s, has Antony had one/ridden one and any other suggestions as to which bike I should get?
>>
File: Noggin Joggin.png (157KB, 362x259px) Image search: [Google]
Noggin Joggin.png
157KB, 362x259px
>>16840703
>Shitty Cessna capacity; 2 or 4
>Big ass plane capacity; 240+-
Made me think senpai.

A better example would be that bus drivers need special licences verses car drivers.
>>
>>16840731
When is the last time you heard of anyone on a motorcycle killing anyone but themself in a crash?

Never is the answer to that question btw.
>>
>>16840694
Someone who types that load of steaming crap clearly needs someone else more experienced to tell him what he can or cannot do.
>>16840708
Neither do you.
>>16840677
It's not about safety, I couldn't care less about an imbecile's safety.
It's about the principle to always make educated choises. If you don't, you're stupid/ignorant and shouldn't be allowed to decide for yourself. Simple.
In the end, when it comes to motorcycles, starting on a liter is always wrong and a 600 is wrong, even though it's not dangerous if you aren't retarded.
>>
>>16840736
>having shit insurance companies

I've had a vehicle stolen before. It's really not that big of a deal. Had GAP insurance on it too.

If you pay for the correct coverage and you get a police report about the stolen bike there is no way they can not hold up their obligation to pay.

If they tried to fight you on it you need to sue then switch to a better company.
>>
>>16840742
Who said anything about the plane having passengers.
>>
>>16840725
scout motor is still too pigfat

try again
>>
>>16840746
What?
Watch costantinos' compilations and you'll see plenty of dead pedestrians/bystanders.
>>
>>16840749
Were you born a spine/brainless homosexual or indoctrinated into it?
>>
>>16840755
less pigfat than the sportster motor. Not talking about building a supersport bike here. Just a reasonable weight bike with good power and a mountain of torque.

A Scout/Octane powered standard with good looks and sub-500lb curb weight would be awesome. I'm sure they could easily chop 60 or so pounds off the Scout and fit it with decent suspension/geometry.
>>
>>16840731
That's still an outrageously retarded comparison. Someone on a 250 can also easily get killed or kill someone else let's just ban all motorcycles all together to get at the source of the problem. Instead of increased information about motorcycles to new riders, let's make them jump through hoops and cuck them eternally
>>
>>16840766
It's always this faggot. I'm so tired of your redneck stupidity.
>hurr you no man enough durr
>>
>>16840770
anything over 450 lbs curb weight they may as well not even bother
>>
>>16840774
I sincerely hope you don't share the same roads as me with your shitty attitude towards rider safety.
>>
>>16840751
Because everyone has time to spend thousands in court battling a well funded team of lawyers over a few thousand dollar bike
>>
>>16840785
450ish pounds is on the high side of what a literbike weighs. Don't be unreasonable.

Sub 500lbs for a cruiser motored standard is perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>16840778
wanting to hide behind useless rules and regulations formulated by politicians somehow even less intelligent than you doesnt make it any less gay
>>
>>16840735
>Irwindale Speedway
never heard of this one, they do bike track days there?
>>
>>16840788
Those who live on hope alone, die starving.
>>
>>16840738
>implying this is a bad thing
>>
>>16840746
>he has never seen a bike go straight through the side of a car because they are narrower than the doors
>>
>>16840793
>implying there is anything to fight

You have a contract. They are not holding up their obligations. It would be a cake walk for even a mediocre lawyer.

Insurance companies aren't going to spend a shit load on a defense and court costs either. They'll just offer a settlement immediately if you make it clear you intend to sue.
>>
>>16840800
It is if you want the industry to sell enough new bikes and gear to invest in R&D and getting the government to make laws in favour of motorcyclists.
>>
>>16840752
Who pilots a Boeing Dreamliner without passengers? Absolutely nobody. Do you know anybody who does? No you don't because it doesn't happen. It's not like people just go out and buy personal dream liners it is assumed.
>>
>>16840803
what kind of shit tier 3rd world hell hole do you live in, taiwan?

are cars constructed of cardboard there, here in the states we use steel

a bike would need to be going a ludicrous speed to go THROUGH a car
>>
>>16840797
I think they mostly do drift days/Gymkhana anymore.
>>
>>16840815
Honest question... do you have autism?
>>
>>16840816
Guy I used to work with was killed recently while driving.

He pulled out in front of a bike that was hauling ass racing his buddy and the bike went through the door. Killed him instantly and seriously injured his wife.

He was driving a new-ish Camry.
>>
>>16840813
if the industry can't sell shiny new shit because people are buying k5 gsxr1000s off Craigslist instead, perhaps they should take a hint
>>
File: doc5007260698b38346373973.jpg (484KB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
doc5007260698b38346373973.jpg
484KB, 3072x1728px
>>16840816
What do you think door shells are made out of, 4" of titanium?
>>
>>16840828
>He was driving a new-ish Camry.
He really didn't deserve to live then.
>>
>>16840816
There is not a significant amount of material in a door to absorb impact. Most of a cars side impact protection comes from the a/b/c pillars

If a bike hits right in the door of a car with enough speed it could easily cave it in if not go through it.
>>
File: Pics_025dcb_2914517.jpg (47KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pics_025dcb_2914517.jpg
47KB, 750x600px
>>16840828
cool story

if its true the fuck

we better ban every fast bike either that or make people jump through a decade of bullshit hoops in order to be able to ride said bike
>>
>>16840850
maximum overkek
>>
>>16840855
https://jacobyandmeyers.com/erick-del-rio-and-oscar-pena-killed-in-crash-on-los-angeles-street-in-irwindale/

Sorry thought it was a Camry. Was a Scion.
>>
>>16840871
oh, california

no great loss then
>>
>>16840855
>through a decade of bullshit hoops

you're fucking retarded. Do you even have a bike licence? Prove it, because I highly doubt it.

You can go from not having swung a leg over a bike to riding any bike you wish within 12 months in Australia (QLD at least).

Find one road safety expert that agrees with your opinion.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>16840827
I am autistic because I'm pointing out that the licensing process should be different between a couple hundred pound motorcycle with a total rider capacity of 2 and a passenger airplane that weighs 500k pounds and is full of people and fuel?
>>
File: edgynigga.jpg (50KB, 355x266px) Image search: [Google]
edgynigga.jpg
50KB, 355x266px
>>16840850
>>16840876
2 edgy 4 me
>>
>>16840877
you seem upset

perhaps you need to take your own advice especially that last part
>>
>>16840796
Why are you putting words in my mouth? That's different from what I said.
>>
goddamn, I suppose I should be glad we've got a right-libertarian shitposter to balance out the left-authoritarian, but I can't say I really think it's a good thing for my side to be represented like that
>>
>>16840828
>everybody should pay because some dick was going 175mph and hit a car
>>
>>16840890
or it's just all the same guy
>>
>>16840816
>are cars constructed of cardboard there, here in the states we use steel
Idiot.
>>
>>16840888
>nobody who is an expert in the field of road safety agrees with my retarded opinion, therefore I'll just throw up smoke screens by going 'u mad bro?'

Kill yourself
>>
>>16840871
>scion
He probably didn't really care about dying then.
>>
>>16840894
Where did I say that? Learn to read faggot.

I just told the anon that his assertion that a bike cannot go through a door and kill the occupant of a vehicle was wrong. it does happen and I provided proof of it happening.

The bike was going about 70mph.

Stop being an idiot.
>>
>>16840890
I wouldnt go that far

just like chris rock said no one is 100% liberal or conservative on every matter

on prostitution im liberal, on gun control I prefer the conservative view point
>>
>>16840903
see:
>>16840884
>>
>>16840894
>pay
>starting on a reasonable cc is a punishment
Can't ride here, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>16840904
Just a friendly reminder you're speaking to a /dbt/ nobike where facts and rationality are meaningless.
>>
>>16840911
>yfw the true liberal point of view is that of libertarianism
>yfw what is called modern liberalism is actually progressivism, a completely separate ideology.
>>
>>16840911
strong digits

also,
>right-libertarian
on second thought, discussions about what is and ain't "right" or "left" are invariably stupid and unproductive so let's just nip this one in the bud right here. I hereby commit to post no more on the subject.
>>
>>16840919
Thank you, I needed that.
>>
>>16840920
<-- /pol is that way
>>
Between an R6 and CBR600, what would /o/ rather own?
>>
>>16840940
cbr600
>>
>>16840932
Don't worry you're not alone. There are those of us here that actually have the ability to think critically.
>>
File: 20170217_175443.jpg (252KB, 1696x954px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_175443.jpg
252KB, 1696x954px
>>16840940
R6 if you're going to the track
CBR600RR if you're going to work and the track.

This coming from someone with an R6
>>
>>16840940
If it's my only bike the CBR600, but the R6 would probably make more sense if I was buying it for pure performance riding and had something else to commute with.
>>
File: vipermotorcycle.jpg (38KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
vipermotorcycle.jpg
38KB, 450x253px
>>16840940
>not getting one of these instead

did you develop testicular cancer and they shriveled up and dropped off?
>>
>>16840917
Having somebody make decisions for you without even knowing you sounds a lot like punishment to me. Maybe if you weren't so stupid you wouldn't need people to make decisions for you
>>
>>16840917
>>starting on a reasonable cc is a punishment
where is the lie tho
>>
File: HOHOHAHA.png (287KB, 671x560px) Image search: [Google]
HOHOHAHA.png
287KB, 671x560px
>>16840958
>stop at a robot
>broken leg
Thanks man, I'll stick to my cuck bike.
>>
File: ScruffySeconded.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ScruffySeconded.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>16840960
>>
File: Dont post again.jpg (37KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
Dont post again.jpg
37KB, 800x587px
>>16840917
>Start with what we tell you!
>We don`t know you but we choose for you!
>Don`t like that? Then no bike for you!
>>
>>16840917
If you think that other people die because of larger displacement motorcycles you're a retard that never happens. If you think other people should decide things you're capable of deciding for yourself then you're a cuck and should go to Europe where all the other fags live
>>
>>16841058
>>16841010
>>16840977
>>16840960
Yes, you start at the beginning, not at the end. The beginning is a small displacement bike.

Faggots like you are the reason why it needs to be a law and not just common sense.
>>
>Dude is checking out the VT in 5 minutes.
Damn niqqa ids habbening

>>16841058
The vast majority of motorcycle deaths are caused by someone pulling out in front of a bike.
>>
>>16840467
>>16840381
MA resident here. The rain washed all the snow and salt off the roads. It was a perfect day to ride. I had all the twisty roads around me to myself.
>>
>>16841134
fortunately fags like you dont get to decide what I do or dont ride

stay cucked kid
>>
>>16840553
>with a heavy ass pack
The only tip I have for that is to loosen the straps so the weight rests on the seat rather than your waist/shoulders. Then you can kinda use it as a backrest too.
>>
>>16841186
>kid

post a timestamped pic of your motorbike licence and leave the year of birth uncovered you dumb faggot.
>>
>>16841200
You're the one being accused of being a kid you post your license and your collection of anal dildos faggot
>>
Just did a little over double my money on the VT. The dude I am seeking it to has an item for item matching outfit to Jax from songs of anarchy.
>>
>>16840519
Thats a sexy bike
>>
File: Capture.png (52KB, 975x721px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
52KB, 975x721px
>>16841241
>you're the one

lmao you lost kid. post your licence
>>
File: Kit Kat.jpg (880KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Kit Kat.jpg
880KB, 1440x2560px
>>16841269
Nice buddy, now I wont be able to shoop memes into pics of your fag bike.
(You still are a blazing tripfag though)
>>
>>16840669
I'm assuming English is a second language for you so I'll give you a few corrections
>I never ridden
We usually say "I have never ridden" like in French, and we would say "maybe" before "one day" so the sentence would be
>I have never ridden a sport bike but I would like to have one, maybe one day.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get across with your second sentence, it seems to be something like
"If I could have another vehicle it might be a sport bike." but the way you phrased it is very clunky and "A nothing form of transport" doesn't really translate well into English from whatever your native language is.

>"Yeah, thats why the first bike I was gotten was an XT-350."

There are a couple of mistakes here. Remember that in English, unless you are making a noun plural, an s at the end of a word likely needs an apostrophe. When we use apostrophes this way we are substituting one or more letters for an apostrophe, this is called a conjunction. When we say
>It's a new phone
we are saying
"It (i)s a new phone," where the i in parentheses is replaced with an apostrophe and "it is" becomes "it's."
Likewise "Do not" becomes "Don't." the second o in Do Not becomes an apostrophe and it becomes one word.

So when you type "thats why," remember that you're replacing the i in "that is why" with an apostrophe, hence the proper way to write it is "that's why."

Also "I was gotten" doesn't translate correctly either. We would say "I had."
In this way, the correct way to write your second sentence may be "Yeah, that's why the first bike I had was an XT-350."

You seem to understand the correct usage of "its" and "it's" though so, seriously, well done. A lot of English speakers get that one wrong.

If you can remember these few rules you can dramatically improve your written English.
The other rules that most English speakers get incorrect, and rules that would make you look very proficient, are those of "fewer" and "less."
I can explain those too.
>>
>>16841330
not an argument
>>
>>16841200
this stalking niglet again?

gtfo you fucking queer
>>
>>16841344
post a timestamped pic of your licence and bike. If you fail to do that, stop posting as if you own a bike.
>>
>>16841330
Too gay;didn't read
>>
>>16841344
also

>hurrrr durrrrr you can stalk with literally 99% of information covered over

kill yourself you stupid cunt. seriously I mean it. Nobody will care.
>>
>>16841349
yeah no

again you dont make the rules cum guzzler
>>
File: 14896313698131633027245.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
14896313698131633027245.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>TFW nobike again

>>16841319
Topkek
>>
>>16841378
thats an impressive pile of 1 dollar bills
>>
File: nobike.png (4MB, 1399x1600px) Image search: [Google]
nobike.png
4MB, 1399x1600px
>>16841374
Nice projection. Unfortunately I'm not into the same things as you. Try not to be self-loathing about your feelings towards men though.

>>16841378
post timestamped pic of your bike you nobike faggot
>>
>>16841393
I literally don't have a bike anymore. Rip my sexuality
>>
>>16841378
Lol now you're a double faggot
>>
>>16841378
Also what'd you get for it?
>>
>>16841405
2 Tru.

I'm testing out the fz6 tomorrow
>>
>>16841393
sounds like you speak from experience

ill bow to your superior first hand knowledge in this one matter, faggotry
>>
>>16841411
Fuck yes I may end up with that one from CL too if I can get it for under 3600
Either that or finance a striple, not sure.
>>
File: dedbike.jpg (2MB, 2996x1960px) Image search: [Google]
dedbike.jpg
2MB, 2996x1960px
>>16841330
>04:30
>one bottle of vodka gone
>expecting any better
I dun kare about your fancy words.

>>16841393
>he says while posting his own bike
>>
>>16841399

Hi, please be sure to change your username (colloquially referred to as a 'trip') to kit kat (nobike) !0CATsq0Myk until such a time as you own a new motor bicycle.

Thank you for your understanding,
mgmt
>>
tfw doing motorcycle safety training course soon
tfw afraid of botching it horribly
>>
>>16841435
by one bottle of vodka you mean one bottle of smirnoff ice right?
>>
>>16841444
You pay to fuck up and learn from the failures. Make sure to get your moneys worth.
>>
>>16841425
N O I C E
O
I
C
E

>>16841442
Duly noted but utterly disregarded

>>16841451
God that brings back bad memories of college
>>
File: 1489294124219.png (654KB, 692x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489294124219.png
654KB, 692x600px
>>16841435
Look, buddy, I just want to help

<3 u, you illiterate bastard

:3
>>
File: plz halp.jpg (98KB, 600x650px) Image search: [Google]
plz halp.jpg
98KB, 600x650px
>>16841451
Smirnoff 1818 750 because I am poor.
>>
>>16840703
>flying a plane whoch can easily kill the pilot, passengers, and hundreds of people on the ground is the same thing as a dumbfuck becoming a grease spot on the side of the road via whiskey throttle on his literpeter.

Kys.
>>
>i should be able to crash and kill innocent bystanders on my bike because i am impatient and lack the self control to learn on something slower
lul /dbt/ in a nutshell

most of you faggots cant even handle your 250's
>>
File: 1489632158222.png (463KB, 692x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489632158222.png
463KB, 692x600px
>>16841465
Thanks my heavy.
>>
>>16840795
He is just a cruiser hater, ,the Pikes Peak racer is the father of the Scout motor and other than the rider crashing it and then an unfortunate breakdown it was incredible, get a trellised aluminium frame and performance heads, cams, and tuning the Scout platform could become something crazy.
>>
>>16841489
>>16841502

>>16840896
>>
File: SAM_0760_2000x1500.jpg (379KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0760_2000x1500.jpg
379KB, 2000x1500px
>>16841399
What happened to the Shadow
>>
File: IMG_1327.jpg (126KB, 800x597px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1327.jpg
126KB, 800x597px
>selling a carbon fiber exhaust I pulled off a crashed parts bike
>look up MSRP: $600+
>Look up prices for comparable used items listed on ebay: All $350+
>List mine on ebay for $250
>some dude makes an offer for $150
>I counter with $215
>he counters with $175 several hours later
>i counter with $215 and say I have priced mine very low to begin with and I will not offer any lower
>he fucking counters with $200
>I counter with $215
>he finally buys it at $215
At least it sold pretty quickly.
>>
>>16841548
I just sold it so I can buy an fz6 (and if shtf an sv650 or something)

But yeah see
>>16841378
>>
>>16841399
>Rip my sexuality
don't worry we all know you're still the biggest faggot around
>>
>>16841550
You dont have to get mad, this is how negotiating should go, instead of a faggot not posting his price firm then getting mad when people want to deal.
>>
File: 20160229_162103.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160229_162103.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>16841556
>That fucking cable management
You should be ashamed of yourself
>>
>>16841573
It's my roommate's, and I just dgaf
>>
>>16841550
should have gone back up to $250
>>
>>16840436
Let me know if it lives up to the hype im feeling for it.
>>
>>16841570
I clearly was willing to negotiate. I dropped from the list price by 14%. It wasn't bothersome until I told him I wasn't going to drop any more and he still sent another low offer.

>>16841587
troo, but I actually wanted to sell it so I could buy parts for my other bike
>>
fucking hell lads why are old Fast Bikes vids so f u c k i n g b a s e d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTqChVGV-PE
>>
>>16841588
Will do. The odds that I buy it tomorrow is heavy if I like riding it.
>>
>>16841608
>all the ridin in this video was undertaken by COMPLETE TWATS
>>
>>16841619
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8eKZczh7Ms
lol
>>
>>16841550
>put macbook pro for $550 (will take >=$450)
>someone offers $400
>I counter with '$480?' implying throw me another counter offer
>no reply

It's the cheapest one with it's specs
>>
File: Screenshot_20170313-231154.png (156KB, 1430x2158px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170313-231154.png
156KB, 1430x2158px
>>16841649
I listed my VT for 1675. Some nigger did this. Sold it to someone else
>>
File: scoot.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
scoot.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>16840816
>what kind of shit tier 3rd world hell hole do you live in, taiwan?

implying Taiwan is a 3rd world country

its a purty cool place m8
>>
File: shakey.jpg (802KB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
shakey.jpg
802KB, 4288x2848px
>>16841608
because shakey byrne
>>
>>16841661
lol I did this to a guy selling a DR350 once

in fairness the fucking thing was ~25 years old and he was asking like $3k for it. CA plated, but c'mon man....
>>
>>16841661
yeah seriously people are so retarded.

>selling car atm
>originally priced at $9500aud (will take >= $8000)
>some pajeet offers $7500 (which is less than what the base models are selling for)
>I reply saying 'not in a rush to sell and won't go below $8500 at the moment'
>a few days later the same pajeet messages me offering $7300

Why the fuck would you even make an offer on a car you haven't even inspected anyway???
>>
>>16841661
>a lot of miles for a bike
not really. Bike engines don't just blow up at 10k like people seem to think. For the most part they're super reliable and can easily do 100k, but don't because people crash them before then.
>>
>>16841676
You suck.

>>16841689
I don't understand that. I dropped 75 bucks for the dude, but I also threw him a free helmet in great condition that didn't fit my head.

But those people in America are bix nood niggas
>>
>>16841720
My first KLR 650 made it to 74,000 before a car got me.
My second recently broke 115,000.
Kilometres not American units of fat measurement.
>>
>>16841720
Oh I know. Unless you're Chad thundercock and you buy an r1 and never change the oil and spend every red light revving it up like Bam Bam Bam and select 1 for maximum respect.
>>
>>16841689
>What is the lowest you will go mate.
>Swaps for my vy commodore runs great besides blown engine
I hate Gumtree.
>>
>>16841761
Haha yeah why do people think you'll fucking swap shit if it's for sale.

Also shits me:

>ad states $100 make me an offer
>some moron replies 'what's the lowest you'll go'

make me a fucking offer you dumb cunt.
>>
>>16841778
>No swaps
>Swaps for x?
>Did you read the ad?
>No did you read my offer?
>>
>>16841778
on the flip side, I hate when sellers just say "make an offer" and list no starting price so you have no idea what they're looking to get.
>>
File: IMG_4585.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4585.png
2MB, 750x1334px
LMAO why are so many pajeets trying to buy my car.
>>
>>16841791
Gumtree is literally a poo in loo community...
>>
>>16841790
>make an offer
Whenever I see shit like that I text them and offer $20. Even if I don't want it just to fuck with the guy and maybe show him saying "make an offer" is retarded.
>>
What does /o/ think about the Honda NC700X? I haven't ridden one, but it seems like the perfect step up for my girlfriend from her Ninja 250.

We were looking at the V Strom and Versys, but I think this is probably better. The LOW center of gravity, lighter overall weight, and under-powered engine makes it seem like the perfect girl-bike.

They seem to be pretty damn cheap too! https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/6045607292.html

She's been riding for 3 seasons on the Ninja and hasn't logged that many miles if I'm honest. But living in Colorado with 75mph highways at altitude really makes the 250 a poor choice. When we lived in NY it wasn't bad because the roads were asphalt (instead of grooved concrete) and posted at 65mph. The bike is actually kind of scary at 80mph on grooved concrete because it's so damn light. It squirms down the road no matter what the tire pressure is.
>>
>>16841810
also do this on craigslist when people put $1 in the price field to bypass price filters.
What do they think they're accomplishing anyway, other than being an annoyance? If someone's shopping on a lower budget they're not going to buy that expensive shit even if it shows up on their filtered list.
>>
File: IMG_4587.jpg (159KB, 750x1049px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4587.jpg
159KB, 750x1049px
PAJEET
A
J
E
E
T
>>
>>16841833
Tell him to get out
>REEEEEEE-
>>
>>16841833
Send him a video of pajeets worshipping a toilet and shitting in a street and say that cars here get much longer life because they don't have to drive in those conditions with shit all over the roads
>>
>>16841826
It does everything it was designed to do perfectly (fast enough for US highways, good fuel efficiency, easy to ride, comfortable), and it's possibly the most boring bike ever made, if she wants to actually enjoy riding buy something else.
>>
>>16841826
Tell her to get a Vstrom 650 instead
>>
>>16841878
Nothing wrong with "boring" for a new rider. She likes riding the Ninja 250 as long as we aren't trying to keep up with traffic on a concrete highway.

Hell, even I like riding the 250 on mountain roads.
>>
File: 20150525_103754s.jpg (624KB, 1817x1022px) Image search: [Google]
20150525_103754s.jpg
624KB, 1817x1022px
>>16841826
vstrom 650 has more power on tap and more options for customizing and tracks pretty good on grooved pavement.
>>
File: is this you.png (251KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
is this you.png
251KB, 900x900px
>>16841851
>>16841851
>>16841851
>Noice

>>16841826
I have a V-Strom 1000, so I get the 650 for a women without a problem.
>>
>>16841887
A 250 isn't boring, a 250 is slow, the NC is fucking boring. I recommend you take one for a test ride before buying it, it's kinda like a car enthusiast buying a barebones commuter car for fun, it just doesn't make sense.

Like everyone else I would really recommend the wee strom, its cheaper, has much more character and is insanely reliable.
>>
>>16841886
>>16841899
>>16841903
She doesn't need the extra power so I doubt the V Strom is worth the extra money.

One of my current bikes is a 2002 SV650 and I've ridden a DL650. I like the Vstrom just fine, I have a hard time justifying the heavier bike for a minimum of $1000 more.

>>16841915
Cheaper? No way. In Colorado the only DL650 you're gonna get for less than that NC700x is 5 years older and has 20,000+ miles.
>>
File: HYPErcone.jpg (639KB, 3349x2622px) Image search: [Google]
HYPErcone.jpg
639KB, 3349x2622px
Anyone wrench today? It was too icy to go ride so I put my Hypercone on today.
>>
File: 20141102_091033.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20141102_091033.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>16841915
Barebones Civics are kinda fun tho
>>
What is the best sub 400cc you can buy?
>>
>>16841947
A gun to put in your mouth and fire
>>
>>16841947
CB400
Ninja 300
>>
File: RVF400 touge.jpg (114KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
RVF400 touge.jpg
114KB, 750x750px
>>16841947
>>
>>16841933
20k miles isnt bad at all for a strom.
the nc700 is a good bike but its very lifeless and dull. its just a commuter.
also i didnt realize the pricing was that far out on them for you, not much price jump out hre
>>
>>16841947
WR400f
>>
>>16841952
cbr250rr>R3>ninja tbhfam
>>
File: 1489463351754.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1489463351754.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>16841947
cm400 :3
>>
>>16842001
you forgot
duke390>>>>>cbr250rr>R3>ninja
>>
>>16841934
Undercan is best can
>>
>>16842014
is that blue tape in your carb boots
>>
How retarded is it to buy a showroom new 250 sized motorcycle?
>>
>>16842069
the carbs get angry if i don't glue them down
>>
>>16842075
very. just buy a second hand one for 3/4 the price
>>
>>16842075
Fairly. You'll take the depreciation hit that's for sure
>>
File: 2016-Beta-300RR-2banner-.jpg (221KB, 1140x600px) Image search: [Google]
2016-Beta-300RR-2banner-.jpg
221KB, 1140x600px
>>16841947
>>
File: 5698.jpg (2MB, 4875x2988px) Image search: [Google]
5698.jpg
2MB, 4875x2988px
>cant drive a stick
>can ride a bike just fine

Cager friends always give me shit, is it really that weird?
>>
>>16841826
This >>16841878 there's nothing wrong with it but it's astonishingly boring. Isn't it half a Honda Jazz engine?
>>
>>16842107
I know a few people like this. Have you tried driving a car with a manual transmission? Same concept.

Though downshifting is a little bit more of a process.
>>
Over filled my oil by about 200mL, should I just ride with that much extra or is it worth it to drain some out?
>>
>>16842132
>Have you tried driving a car with a manual transmission?

By that I mean have you actually driven one. The people i know that say this never have.
>>
File: 0AGeDaK.gif (216KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
0AGeDaK.gif
216KB, 500x384px
should i buy a bike with a salvage title
>>
>>16842139
Just succ a little out fag.
>>
>>16842139
Odds are you'll be fine
>>
>>16842160
how fast is it/are you willing to only really take it out on group rides
>>
File: temp.png (2KB, 49x31px) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
2KB, 49x31px
Is this a coolant or oil icon? My manual doesn't say but I'm pretty sure it's coolant.
>>
>>16842181
it's a ducati 696 / i have no friends
>>
>>16842160
Depends on the price, condition and bike. They make prefect track bikes.
>>
>>16842186
Thats a bong m8 #420 blaze it #yolo #swag
>>
>>16842196
dank
>>
>>16840675
The future seems really bright, doesn't it?...
>>
>>16842159
Not really, not sense I've learned to ride a bike.
>>
>>16841947
DR-Z400S
>>
>>16842186
usually that's coolant temp
>>
>>16842186
Thats a bp wich means boipucci so post it faggat
>>
How much should I look to spend on a helmet? Anyone want to steer me toward specific brands?
>>
>>16841608
>>16841626
>>16841670
like Top Gear when Top Gear was good, with motorcycles

fuckin' love it
>>
>>16842187
>Girls biek
No wonder you dont have any friends
>>
>>16842250
Girls and faggots usually have loads of friends
>>
>>16842232
thanks for not memeing me
>>
>>16842248
That was only the nam special m8
>>
>>16842246
At least $150 IMO.
>>
>>16842089
Seconding this
>>
File: Snell-Stickers.png (119KB, 620x145px) Image search: [Google]
Snell-Stickers.png
119KB, 620x145px
>>16842246
The "Snell" brand. Look for this sticker inside.
>>
>>16842246

More expensive doesn't necessarily mean safer.

Check out helmets in your price range and check the SHARP rating as a guide. Make sure it's certified to whatever standard your country says.
>>
>>16842246
a good fit is important.
>>
>>16842246
please don't buy icon, they capture you with good graphics and comfy interiors for the price but you're getting BiLT-tier injected plastic molding that directs force through the helmet instead of around it
you can get a scorpion exo-410 for $139 and it'll be snell approved, another cheap snell option is to go to a cycle gear and try on sedici strada primos, they're pretty race looking for $199 and a few new graphics got released from them
shoei and arai will be your top of the line snell approved helmets (i'm a huge arai person)
schuberth will be your super quiet helmets with a decent level of safety, they carry ECE rating which is pretty decent
careful with the AGV's, the k3 series seems nice and all, looking like the expensive ones with their graphics and all, but at the end of the day they are still plastic molding, aka my ICON argument same goes for bell (good helmets with SHIT tier base models)
look for fiberglass shells, as on impact the glass shatters as the fibers hold the helmet together directing energy around your head instead of directly through it
>>
File: IMG_20170226_162737.jpg (290KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170226_162737.jpg
290KB, 1944x2592px
>>16842346
My icon alliance is comfy as fuck though
>>
>>16842366
fuck off shitkat
>>
>>16842346
i should also reiterate, even the most expensive arai will do shit to protect you in a crash if it doesn't fit you right
go to a helmet shop, have the guy measure your head, and use that as a good reference point
i always tell customers at my shop it is super important the helmet fits *snug* on the first try, as the helmet padding will break in and be looser within a week or so
so if it fits "alright" on the first try it'll be wiggling around on you within a few days, i.e. dangerous, so get it snug without giving you a "hot spot" aka red spot on your head
>>16842366
did you even read my post?
> they capture you with good graphics and comfy interiors for the price
>>
>>16842366
Mang your going to crash and possibly die
>>
>>16842346
>Icon
>comfy interiour
I literally could not fit an Airmada on my head and the others felt like wearing a wrong size hockey helmet from the 1980s.
>>
>>16842346
Bell are snall approved
>>
>>16842407
not qualifiers, most people who come in my store see bell and say "oh that's a good 'name'" and buy it simply for that.
not even their $400 bullit could bring a snell rating, you gotta shell out ~500 bucks for one whereas shoeis base out their qwests at 387 for their entry snell model (barring rj platinums that are ~200 but those are three quarter helmets)
>>
>>16842406
then you've got an oddly "shaped" head
while helmets have their sizes, there are also shapes, be it round, intermediate oval, oval
i would like to wear shoeis but they have round shapes whereas arais have oval shapes that cater to my head shape better
>>
>>16842425
Vortex is snell approved and under $300. The bullit is hipster niche garbage.
>>
>>16842429
they're that cheap because they are snell m2010 and nearing the end of their lifespan
you need to replace helmets 7 years after manufacturing date or 5 years after purchase, whatever comes first
i choose to leave out closeout helmets for that reason
>>
>>16842446
the vortex is snell 2015
>>
>>16842425
Arent the hjc fg17 the ultimate budget helmet
>>
>>16842425
The Qualifier is ECE approved you fucking tard.

inb4 the only buy premium North America specific model helmets because bullshit marketing
>>
>>16840438
t. postie still in damage control
>>
File: IMG_3898.jpg (404KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3898.jpg
404KB, 1280x960px
>>16842246
Don't cheap out. That said, you don't need to drop $1,000 on a race replica helmet.

Any helmet sold in the US or Europe by a reputable dealer has to pass crash tests. Even cheap helmets offer a decent degree of protection.

The expensive helmets offer a very small amount of additional protection from the cheap ones. The big difference, will be comfort, weight, ventilation, and noise.

A cheaper helmet will be heavier, hotter, and noisier at speed. This matters because you may be less likely to wear it, or it will detract from the overall pleasure of motorcycling.

The big problem with helmet talk, is that no one can predict what type of crash you could be involved in.

I love my Arai. The best way to buy them is off Revzilla - search last year's closeout models. The protection and quality will be top notch, but you will save a few hundred dollars.

My helmet MSRPd when it came out for like $900. Bought it on Revzilla last year for under $600.
>>
File: IMG_0448.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0448.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
bump with old bike. kill the thread i've got a new one lined up and have to go out soon
>>
File: dH2D5Km.jpg (871KB, 2660x4730px) Image search: [Google]
dH2D5Km.jpg
871KB, 2660x4730px
thread kill
>>
bump
>>
File: 1399347377854.jpg (38KB, 365x450px) Image search: [Google]
1399347377854.jpg
38KB, 365x450px
last for postiem8 cum2l8
>>
File: PMf6INc.jpg (634KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
PMf6INc.jpg
634KB, 2448x3264px
>>
File: q.jpg (215KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
215KB, 1080x1080px
>>
File: 3742dd7d7b17419cae225e84bd017a44.jpg (326KB, 1536x866px) Image search: [Google]
3742dd7d7b17419cae225e84bd017a44.jpg
326KB, 1536x866px
>>
File: D4dTzge.jpg (832KB, 2117x2822px) Image search: [Google]
D4dTzge.jpg
832KB, 2117x2822px
why are you fags not shitposting to bump this
>>
bamp
>>
File: rPVbMrS.jpg (255KB, 1199x713px) Image search: [Google]
rPVbMrS.jpg
255KB, 1199x713px
new thread is here btw

>>16842608

>>16842608

>>16842608
>>
qwerty
>>
walt disney is cryogenically frozen
>>
kill
>>
ded
>>
>>16842607
Is now when i comment on your tenderloins?
Probably followed by a "why even get a dual compound tyre if you arent even using the softer compound?"
>>
>>16840660
(x-meme from >>>/trv/)

+1
>>
>>16840935
lmao FUCK poitics r-right haha XDD
Thread posts: 304
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.