[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 61

File: Stupid cop drops bike.webm (2MB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
Stupid cop drops bike.webm
2MB, 406x720px
W E B M E D I T I O N PART XV : You retards let the thread die edition

Here is where you can post more of your boring webms with sound!

Previous thread : >>1515752

Main /dbt/ thread: >>>/o//dbt/

No cyclists allowed; all bikes posted must have an engine or motor as primary power source.
>>
>>
>>
>>1564056
ever heard of turning the wheel dipshit?
>>
>>1564090

>target fixation
>>
>>1564043
those tow truck trays are usually lubed up with oil so 4wd or cars with handbrake's on can be 'skull dragged' up it. Coppers usually get the tow truck drive to sort that shit out.
not really sure why she took it upon herself to try put the bike up the truck.
>>
>>1564138
I think it was a Lowes, not a Target.
>>
>>1564138
What the fuck were you looking at?
>>
>>1564145
For the same reason anyone else does that annoying needless revving. Attention whoring.
>>
File: How to Crash Like An Aussie.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
How to Crash Like An Aussie.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
>>1564532
kek
>>
File: Illegal U Turn.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Illegal U Turn.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>
>>1565839
Goddamn I wouldve followed them into the driveway
>>
>>1565839
This is why you keep ninja rocks on you when you ride. Some cunt cuts you off and you just break his window.
>>
>>1565839
>doesn't follow them and humiliate them with the knowledge that they were on camera, then forward the whole thing to the police after they get the plate number

what a fag
>>
>>1564532
>dude
>not m8
i'm a bit disappointed
>>
>>1565853
why?

if the bike wasn't speeding the car would have ample time to manoeuvre
>>
>>1566402
It didn't look like it was speeding, their was a car traveling ahead of them. In addition the turning car is still performing an illegal U-turn.
>>
>>1564056
Looks like he doesn't even counter steer.
>>
>>1566402
He wasn't speeding, nor was there very much distance between him and the car when the car turned unsafely close, then illegally stopped in the path of the rider, impeding him. He was unable to maneuver regardless of how far away the car was, because of the numerous other riders behind him and to his right.

Don't try to always blame the bike for cars' mistakes. The vast majority of accidents involving a bike and any other vehicle are with a car, and the vast majority of those are caused by the car, as evidenced by the Hurt report.
>>
>>1564237
Underrated
>>
File: (sound)motorcycle noises.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
(sound)motorcycle noises.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>1564043
was she trying to start it by turning the key?

why would they let her attempt to drive it on if she has never ridden before?
>>
>>1564056
The new kind of squid:

"I don't know the first thing about riding but let me start a motovlog to be cool"
>>
>>1566918
so they could laugh at a cop dropping their bike
>>
>>1564056
That moment when you forget how to motorcycle.
>>
>>1566402
What video did you watch? Also what shithole asian country do you live in where you can make that maneuver and have it be legal?

Obligatory KYS
>>
>>1567573
Thai highways are full of "u-turn spots" since they can't afford to make proper highways with off- and onramps
>>
>>1565853

I look forward to the webm of you being shot for following and confronting someone.
>>
File: ZX-6R Tank Slapper.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ZX-6R Tank Slapper.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>1566918
Yes, but nothing about the video makes sense. She tried starting it with the key, but knew exactly how to put the bike in gear and work the clutch. People also say that she's a motorcycle cop, based on the boots she's wearing - yet she doesn't have the sense to find that riding a heavy(ish) bike up a steep, slippery slope, stopping and dismounting won't work.
>>
File: no muffler.webm (2MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
no muffler.webm
2MB, 404x720px
Have some MV Agusta webms since I got rid of my cat.
>>
>>1564056
Literally how did you fuck that up?
>>
File: no cat.webm (3MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
no cat.webm
3MB, 404x720px
>>1568071
And some idling after the mufflers are put back on
>>
>>1568103
is that screen display supposed to look like that or is it broken?
>>
>>1568335
Combination of camera being dirty and outside being substantially brighter than my garage.

Plus my phone camera doesn't really like it.
>>
>>1564056
People make fun of clips like these because it looks so stupid that you can't help but think "lol dude why didn't you just turn" but for anyone that has had this happen to them knows that it's pretty much a symptom of inexperience and catches you completely off guard.

t. someone that crashed the same way and has their webm posted regularly in these threads
>>
>>1568490
Try not being a shit rider, drobe.
>>
>>1568103
Nigga is that a fucking reverse camera on your bike?
>>
>>1568526
Yep
>>
>>1568528
but why?
>>
>>1568617
OEM mirrors didn't do much, ended up getting replaced with block off plates and because I wanted to keep the narrow profile of the bike and be able to easily do a trackday without removing shit I figured I could just mount a camera on the rear end and send video to a 3" screen on the tri-clamp.
>>
>>1568620
Is turning your head 60 degrees too much work?
>>
File: 1469197892014.webm (3MB, 1048x590px) Image search: [Google]
1469197892014.webm
3MB, 1048x590px
>>1568490
This one?
>>
>>1566918
I'm going to guess there was some kindof "I'm a cop you have to do what i say' BS going on here. Hence why they are also recording. I really doubt any bike owner is going to hop off their ride and let someone potentially trash it for funsies. My bike isn't even expensive and I'd still video this shit and litigate best I could. Bitch dropped my bike.
>>
>>1568490
>>1568494
I did this kinda thing once when I was learning, yeah. Stayed on the bike, but almost went into the bay window of a house. Inexperience, I would agree... though I gotta wonder why you'd bother videotaping if you aren't experienced.
>>
>>1564532
TOP KEK
>>
>>1566729
Maintain safe distance from other vehicles and be aware of what's happening around you retard.

You can't drive a motorcycle like a car and expect to not die.
>>
>>1569306
How do you maintain safe distance from a vehicle that's stopped and waiting to turn? When one's moving and the other isn't, obviously they're closing in on each other. Do you expect to bike to turn around so that way he can "maintain safe distance" from a stopped vehicle?

Did you even bother to watch the webm? Did you even bother to read my post? Because I never implied that you should ride a bike like you drive a car.
And for reference, you /can/ ride a bike like you drive a car.
>>
>>1569306
following the rules only goes so far when people sometimes just refuse to acknowledge your existence or are plain retarded. I'm not saying that's always the case, but there are certainly a fair number of drivers who just don't look for bikes.

I think my funniest example is when a woman plowed into my ride with an SUV while I was parked. Didn't even look, pulled into the spot at an assumed speed of approx 20 mph. destroyed my bike and bruised my ribs pretty good, I got lucky.

Or the time my brother got cut off by a rolling stopper. They thought it was a 4 way stop: it wasn't. his XV was totaled, he broke a vertebrae and 2 ribs, ruined his coat and got great rash on his legs. If it wasn't for his gopro proving we were going the speed limit (which i will admit, is rare for my accident prone brother), he would have gotten his shit legally kicked in since the woman had 2 kids in her car and the cops were being complete cunts about my bad attitude.

On the other hand there are guys like my buddy jeremy who rides his bike 80MPH in a 35. fucking retard.
>>
>>1569234
I still do. It's more or less there for legality reasons.
>>
>>1564286

I'm not the the rider in the Webm but I've had that happen to me but was able to over come and not crash.

Here's a definition from google

>"Target fixation is an attentional phenomenon observed in humans in which an individual becomes so focused on an observed object (be it a target or hazard) that they inadvertently increase their risk of colliding with the object."

On a bike it is amplified since you use your body to complete turns especially for new riders.
>>
>>1564056
I can understand target fixation and going into a corner too fast. That shit has happened to me but never crashed.

In this clip it looks like he's trying to lean off his bike like motoGP riders but the bike isn't leaning at all. It's as if he didn't even attempt to counter steer.

What was he doing?
>>
>>1569282
>why you'd bother videotaping if you aren't experienced
Because that's where fun is. When i started riding i ran my doolsport into a ditch, went over handlebars and almost shat myself by accidentally wheeling over a tree. Too bad i was thinking the same thing.. "why record while just learning slowly".
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHq9Uem_gck

>>1564043
>>
File: SV650 Crash.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
SV650 Crash.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>
>>1564056
"NOOoooo"
>>
File: leave it on loop.webm (153KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
leave it on loop.webm
153KB, 640x360px
>>
>>1571831
I ran into this exact scenario this morning heading to work, at like twice the speed and it literally didn't slow either one of us (me and the car) down. This guy had TERRIBLE utilization of SEE.

Search
Evaluate
Execute

He saw the car acting dumb, he had to evaluate. He didn't, he just trusted them to unfuck themselves. Then, when they didn't, and went ahead and switched lanes, he had plenty of time/room to dodge left, OR when he saw them starting to come over, he could have switched over to right lane and scooted past them on their right. He didn't even do that, he just ran right into them like a dumb ass. Way to go, dude.
>>
>>1564072
God dammit Daniel, watch out for the bushes!
>>
>>1569331
lol "cops were being cunts about my bad attitude."

You sound like a cool dude to hang around, being srs
>>
>>1569306
Safe distance? He was approaching an intersection with a stopped car facing his direction. How do you maintain safe distance? Swing to far right lane? He had bikes next to him, plus changing lanes

I agree, maintaining safe distance and being aware are VITAL to safety, but this for sure isn't a "safe distance" scenario, this is a REACTION scenario. All you can do here is trust your bike and skill to stop you fast enough. This exact scenario is a prime example of why you should practice stopping quickly in addition to all other training. Sometimes you just have to hit the brakes.

This guy had the situation pegged. Couldn't change lanes to the right, there were vehicles there. Couldn't dodge left, he'd be in oncoming traffic. The car driver made a retard move, 100%, even had to stop mid turn because of another car going by. Literally ALL the biker could do was stop quickly, which meant at least he was aware enough to do that, which in this case was enough to keep him rubber side down.
>>
>>1572031
>how to spot someone who has never had the displeasure of being forced to interact with the bacon brigade in any way

Not that anon but in my entire life, despite my being polite and fully cooperative each time, I have met exactly ONE police officer who treated me like an actual human being. That said, him stopping me at all in that circumstance was technically illegal on his part so even just simple human decency comes at a cost with these fuckers.
>>
>>1568490
i've only been riding for like 2 years
stop sucking so much dick as driving
>>
>>1564056
Everyone keeps talking shit, but i'd like to get a qualitative explanation on what exactly happened in here, at what moment OP fucked up, what he did wrong and what should've been done in such situation, to:
a) Not cause it in first place.
And in unfortunate case when you still end up in it:
b) Save it while on tarmac and heading for disaster,
c) Save it when you are already off road or about to hit gravel or grass.
>>
>>1564043
>doesn't know how to start the bike
>multiple throttle blips when starting
It was doomed before it even began
>>
>>1569282
For the dank webms
>>
File: too greedy.webm (3MB, 352x640px) Image search: [Google]
too greedy.webm
3MB, 352x640px
>>1572424
Rider is inexperienced as fuck. He isn't familiar with turning at speed, or probably turning at all.

>what exactly happened
He thought he couldn't make the corner, grabbed the front brake (probably) and went straight

>at what moment OP fucked up
At the moment he started applying front brake instead of actually turning. Braking straightens the bike up.

>what should've been done in such situation
In such a wide corner it's pretty safe to lay off the throttle and just turn.

>Not cause it in first place
If you don't know the road or you're starting out, slow the fuck down. Ride within your limits. Your technique improves in small increments.

>And in unfortunate case when you still end up in it
Well if you're already in deep shit, it goes on a case-by-case basis. In OP's case, he could've just laid off the gas and turned.

This dude >>1569271 got himself in deeper shit with namely two mistakes
1. Waaaay too fast for a blind corner he apparently doesn't know
2. Abused the brakes pretty hard.

He could've laid off the gas, tightened the turn as much as he could and hoped for the best. If he had done that he probably would have made it to the end the other lane, but not the grass. But again, doing that instead of just grabbing both brakes takes riding experience (especially at speed) and a lot of mental "cool" to not panic when shit starts going south. I've ridden off track at 120km/h on a wide turn and seen plenty of people ride off tarmac and stay upright too. You got to keep cool and be smooth. It comes with experience.
>>
File: chicane.webm (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
chicane.webm
1MB, 500x500px
my first webm dudes
zxr400 on the first sunny day we've had here in a while, roads still wet in places though.
>>
>>1571988

He thought the car turned right enough to stay on the right lane (he accelerate), then the car don't go in his lane, the car turned left and CROSSES his lane (I think it's forbidden).

He didn't have enough space to turn left because the car didn't stay in his lane, it crosses left as well

As for going in the right lane, the car turned right, the car was going in the right lane. Were you to go in the right lane the car could have went forward and you would have ended in its rear end

Did you even watch the video? If so, maybe you should stay out of the road, in a car or on a motorcycle.
>>
>>1572086
no I was being for real serious. I have been there, pulled out of my car by TX state trooper for speeding, and I'm white. Plus dickhead Louisiana cops always have been rude to me for no reason. That's what I was getting at with that guy's post. It was just funny the way he worded it
>>
>>1573127
Dude, I'm telling you, I went through that EXACT scenario yesterday morning. A real biker that's paying attention could spot the indecisiveness in that car's actions immediately.

They pulled out, but you could tell they wanted to keep merging left by the way they started to straighten out but then kept heading left. Based on that evaluation, biker could have either swung to lane position 3 of right lane while slowing down to allow the car to figure his shit out, and then pass on the right, OR he could have gotten into lane position 1 in left lane to prepare an escape route to the left if the car DID end up merging left.

He did none of that. He swung his turn wide, dipping into right lane briefly (which probably confused the driver as to what lane he was going to be in), then merged back into position 2 (middle of) left lane, which is not the best place to be when planning an escape route. Then, when he saw the driver keep merging left, he had absolutely NO plan to execute, so he didn't slow down, didn't speed up, didn't swerve, nothing. He just ran into the car.

I did watch the video, and it's literally a textbook example of utilizing Search Evaluate Execute. He saw the car pull out and act suspicious. If he was more experienced or had better training, he would have recognized the signs that the car may merge further left, and could have made at LEAST 2 plans based on that. He did nothing. You can't tell me I need to stay off the road, because I literally went through this EXACT situation yesterday and breezed right through at as if it wasn't even happening. If you can't get your head around it, it means your brain doesn't function quick enough to evaluate a situation like this, and you need more training. Lrn to MSF.
>>
>>1573161

MSF?
>>
>>1573235
motorcycle safety foundation. they teach some riding courses, with the "basic" one teaching you how to ride safely in traffic, how to operate a motorcycle, all sorts of maneuvers, how to watch for/interpret/anticipate traffic and road conditions, how to position yourself for escape routes or evasive actions, etc etc.
>>
>>1571831

I blame the rider, I mean he had so much time do something... ANYTHING... But yet he decides to ride into the car...
>>
>>1569271
He fucking leans to steer? Why is there no mandatory riding lessons in the US??
>>
>>1573270
I knew someone would say that.
You're wrong. Unequivocally. The car made an illegal u-turn from the right lane without even looking, impeding the path of traffic.
>>
>>1573270
The grey car looked like it was going to go into the first lane, but kept on driving instead. 100% the grey car's fault.
>>
>>1573625
Hardly unequivocally, all the while there has been multiple relatively well founded posts discussing the video in question.
There's no doubt that the situation would have not occurred in the first place, had the car followed traffic rules. But it's his goddamned fault for riding above his skill level, and not just fucking slowing down. Riding aggressively is something you do when you know it's the only variable you control. In a situation like this, probably unfamiliar intersection, dark, unpredictable cager, you slow the fuck down or get out of the way.
It's not a matter of right or wrong, it's a matter of whether you want your bike and yourself to be in one piece the next day, or not.
>>
File: The Acceleration Addictiveness.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The Acceleration Addictiveness.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>1573625
This is the same guy. Let's see if he's learned his lesson since he rebuilt the bike.
>>
>>1573636
He was neither riding above his skill level, nor aggressively; not even a little bit. If you call that 'aggressive,' I'd hate to see how you ride. Riding too defensively is exactly as hazardous as riding aggressively.

Either way, the crash /is/ unequivocally the car's fault. The rider was legally travelling in his lane, at a reasonable speed, at which point a car suddenly and quickly entered his lane, to make a u-turn, infringing the bike's right of way. She failed to yield, impeded traffic, and attempted to make an illegal u-turn, all quite illegal, and in many cases unsafe, things. There is absolutely no defending the car driver here.
>>
>>1573636
I'd like to correct my terminology - when I say "defensively," I mean excessively cautiously. Especially so much that you impede traffic yourself. You get the idea.
>>
>>1573650
>>1573655
I don't disagree, the cause leading to the sitch was the driver. But it's clear the rider over-estimates the likelihood of the car acting within norm, considering he doesn't brake until right when he can't swerve or avoid it in any other way. If your head's not on a swivel at intersections, you get what's coming, be that dumb drivers or meth head truckers.
"overly cautious" is a meme.
>>
>>1573665
It's certainly true that he assumes the driver won't do anything wrong, but he did slow down before the driver was in his lane - but since the driver stopped showing signs of attempting to merge into the rider's lane, he accelerated again. It wasn't until the driver cut unsafely close to the bike that he braked again.

The next time you're going 40 in a 70, look around you and see how many people you're holding up, and look at how many accidents you cause over time. Overly cautious driving impedes everyone, which is illegal and unsafe.
>>
>>1573619
because we're overpopulated in some areas so they want us to die. they also poison our food and water to give us early onset dementia so we have to go into the nursing homes early to die and then they also get our land and houses
>>
>>1573635
I agree here, I think the wreck itself is the car' fault, however, I also believe if that rider had better/more training he could have stayed off his ass and the car's terrible driving would have been a non-issue.
>>
>>1573673
>40 in a 70
gooby pls.

>>1573674
this makes perfect sense, thank you.
>>
>>1573636
wait, are you talking about the 650 crash where the guy hit the car, or the dark illegal uturn crash where the guy had to stop quickly? I think you're mixed up on which video we're talking about. If you follow the comment chain, it ends at the 650 crashing into the car.
>>
>>1573639
is this the same guy as the ninja250 video, or the 650?
>>
>>1573699
The 250. He's some Russian guy living in New York.
>>
>>1573688
>40 in a 70
>gooby pls

lol, you've never been to arkansas or lousiana, have you?
>>
>>1573707
I don't understand what you're getting at. That kind of driving is common there? And no, I'm a yuropoor.

>>1573696
The latter, so disregard me, I suck cocks.
>>
>>1573705
well...he's an idiot. I don't think he learned his lesson. Hell, I don't think he realizes there's a lesson to be learned. You see how long it took him to get his pathetic 250 back out of oncoming traffic because he couldn't wrestle it over? I mean, damn. I admit I go squiding around sometimes, but that guy is the definition of squid.
>>
>>1573711
Yeah man, after extensive experience driving in both louisiana (lousy-anna), and arkansas, going that far under the speed limit is not only common, it's almost expected. Like, people look at you as if you're satan because you pass them going THE SPEED LIMIT because they're going so damn slow. And you pass them in the right lane because the stupid mother fuckers are going 30 under in the FAST LANE.

Another big problem in arkansas is that people, especially old ladies, try so hard to be "courteous" or polite in traffic, that they'll slam on the breaks ON A HIGHWAY to let someone out who is waiting to pull onto the road. I've actually seen pileups happen because some dumb bitch wanted to be "nice" and let someone out onto a busy road, even though she had the right away and the other car didn't even show any sign of pulling out, so she just slammed on the breaks, meanwhile they're looking at her like "wtf are you doing, bitch? You have the right away. go!" Then next thing you know, the lady is getting rear ended by someone who never in a million years thought anyone could be that stupid. Only problem is, is happens WAY more often than it should.

/rant about stupid fuck arkansas and "sit at green lights, drive through red lights" dumb fuck louisiana.
>>
>>1573716
Yeah, I guess I should have been more clear. The two videos of the guy on the red 250 are the same guy, and the video of the guy crashing on the SV650 is the only video I have of him, and those two people are entirely unrelated. There's also the webm of a guy on a 675R braking hard to avoid the car making an illegal u-turn, he's also separate from those two guys.
>>
>>1573753
copy all. Ok so, my conclusion:

-675R guy, not his fault whatsoever, did good to stop in time and avoid going down

-SV650 guy, not his fault, but better training probably would have kept him from crashing regardless

-red 250 guy, is a dumbass. lol
>>
>>1564286
The upcoming collision with the floor. I've done it too
>>
>>1569324
>>1569331
>>1572035
Following the rules of the road is not enough. If you drive like that you WILL end up in an accident as soon as something unexpected happens. Like an unaware idiot turning and cutting you off. It's enough to just drive normally when you're strapped inside of a vehicle that's carefully designed to shield you because even if you're in a collision you'll be fine. The same is not true when you're on a motorcycle. That's why you always maintain a safe speed and distance so that you are always able to maneuver or stop if you need to. Don't just trust other drivers to do the right thing, go above and beyond to drive defensively. The objective shouldn't be 'follow the rules,' it's 'don't get hit.'

You're a squishy little piece of shit frogger out there in the street full of big scary cars who don't even know you exist, name of the game is don't get hit.
>>
>>1572424
As you go faster the bike's tires act as gyroscopes and they work harder and harder to maintain the bike's orientation. This helps you stay upright at speed, but it also makes it progressively harder to turn. The guy in question was going to fast to begin with, if that's the speed limit on that road he shouldn't be on that road. Don't jump straight onto highways and busy city streets when you're just learning to drive, that should be obvious. Same thing applies for motorcycles. Get yourself a few hundred hours experience puttering around small towns and residentials first.
>>
>>1575392
How could you expect him to have done anything to avoid or even foresee that incident? He was travelling at a reasonable speed through an intersection with right of way, do you expect him to go 14 mph through the intersection on the off chance that someone will do something wrong?
My point is that there will be incidents that are simply unavoidable by the victim. You simply can't operate any vehicle with the assumption that everyone is or will do something wrong, no matter how often people say "ride like you're invisible!" Obviously you should be doing your best to see these situations coming, but it's impossible to see all of them, and too many people live with the fallacy that it is possible. Those are the people that will crash, and then wonder why.
>>
>>1573270
i love these videos.
not enough motorcyclist die.
i know i know...it's the person driving the car who is at fault but that is why i chose a car, cars have airbags and crumple zones, seatbelts and when i slam my brakes, my vehicle doesn't buck me off.
>>
>>1575425
In the webm you posted for example, the rider should have been looking around so that he's aware of who's at the intersection and what they're doing. Even a little kid knows you look both ways before crossing.

If you just pull up like "UHH DUH LIGHT'S GREEN DAT MEANS I GOOOO!" you're an idiot.

In >>1565839 the rider should have seen there's someone there evidenced by headlights (shouldn't be riding at night though that's dangerous), and slowed in anticipation of some kind of fuckery. He got lucky that the car turned before he was too close to stop, because he WASN'T slowing in anticipation like he should have done. I don't know if there was someone riding up his ass (there shouldn't be but it happens) so he couldn't slow. He should've known though, being aware of what's around him, and known if he could slow safely or not.

Again, be aware of what's going on around you, and always maintain a safe speed and distance so you have room to stop and maneuver. If you can't do this, you shouldn't be riding a motorcycle on that road.

Of course we both know that motorcycle riders aren't the type to actually care about safe driving so it's pointless to expect it from them.
>>
File: score.gif (478KB, 200x270px) Image search: [Google]
score.gif
478KB, 200x270px
>>1575438
i posted this on /b/ before. (nobody believed me)
>sister stopped at an intersection.
>it was an angled intersection (she actually had clear view of the road)
>she turned into the intersection then immediately slammed her brakes because she saw a motorcycle
>motorcyclist was apparently speeding (that never happens)
motorcyclist goes left and hits my sister head on...instead of going right and going into the ditch
>motorcyclist lost his leg
i think my sister got a ticket for failing to yield.
never did ask her how much the ticket was. hell, im not even sure if she did get a ticket.

pic related: had to be her reaction after learning that she wasn't going to spend a day in jail and was never sued.
>>
>>1573625
this actually happened to me once except in a busy street. there was a slow car ahead of me and no cars on the second lane behind me. so i went on the right lane and a car was stopped in the the lane. what saved me was breaking hard and trying turn as much as i can between the stationary car and the cars parked on the side of the street. which i managed to do, although between the two cars was a person talking to the people in the stationary car. it was an awful experience i would of hit a car at 60 mph.
>>
>>1575450
its easier said after the incident. you know maybe you were thinking about your day or something else and you don't really expect a car to run a red after 5 seconds of it showing
>>
>>1575450
>motorcycle riders aren't the type to actually care about safe driving
>them
Of course a cager would be be spewing the bullshit that you are. I can guarantee that everything you know about motorcycles and motorcycle riders comes from the news and movies. The fact is that motorcycle riders are more concerned about safety than anyone, because we're the ones to suffer when you retards fuck up. I know your "counter argument" to this is that you've seen a bike go 100mph on the highway, which is an anecdote and not representative of the whole; not only that, but cars do it too. I'd also like to point out that almost all multi-vehicle collisions involving a motorcycle are with a car, and of those, 66% were the car's fault. But it would be impossible for you perfect car drivers to cause a crash, so it must be those unsafe motorcyclists!
>>
>>1573673

>40 in a 70

it's a fucking parking lot you dumb shit
>>
>>1575438
so basically you're a pussy and you feel inferior so you want others to die for having fun?
>>
>>1575450
if you don't ride, you literally have no room to tell bikers how to ride. To assume they don't care about safety is pure ignorance, both of the rider's mindset, and also of the rider's abilities. To you it looks careless, but to them it's perfectly fine. You just can't handle riding, so you assume anyone that does it is equally incapable of managing the complexities of motorcycle riding. But it's not.

Also, as far as that second webm goes, I don't know why people keep saying what that rider should have done. That rider did nothing wrong. Slowing down wouldn't have prevented that car from getting stuck in its illegal u-turn, as it had to wait on the other car in the other lane anyways, so slowing down wouldn't really have helped him except to not have to brake as hard as he did. If you slow down at every intersection that has a car at it, you might as well just get off the road and stop driving. That rider encountered a pure retard driver, so he properly braked hard enough and came to a stop in time to avoid wrecking. That is the best thing he could have done there.

Source: 10 years riding exp, MSF instructor, over 40K miles of daily commute riding.
>>
>>1575965
That's true for maybe 50% of motorcyclists at best. Realistically probably more like 25%. The other 50-75% are either kids on crotch rockets with no gear who ride way too fast, or Harley guys who ride reasonably but have never given 30 seconds of thought to safety.
>>
>>1573619
Are you retarded or just a troll?
>>
>>1575450
Ill be honest, I am utterly astounded at the amount of blame you placed on motorcycle riders for webms that have no grounds to blame them on. These cars were blatantly operating their vehicles in an illegal manner and not obeying road rules and its somehow the bikes fault.

>>1575438
Why the fuck are you in a bike thread? In fact why are most of you in this thread, half of you clearly don't ride or even like motorcycles holy shit.
>>
>>1577234
You have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
File: 00003.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
00003.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>1573619
>>1577423
your the troll, you push the handle bar forward on the same side you want to turn/ pull on the opposite. the lean is secondary.
>>
>>1564145
I'd never "lube" up my bed, only shit companies drag cars, the only exception being a major accident. Or no keys.

It would make more sense for the cop to sit on the bike while it was winched to place. Stupid people make stupid decisions.
>>
>>1564090
Even if motorcycles had a steering wheel, it is not the main way of maneuvering a motorcycle.
>>
>>1568076
He was probably too afraid to tilt himself lower into the turn.
>>
>>1567973
Never rode a motorcycle before, what causes this and how did he recover? That made my asshole pucker a little bit.
>>
>>1566918
>why would they let her
Is everyone else responsible when a female makes a bad decision?
>>
>>1568620
Can you actually see shit on that screen when the sun shines onto it?
>>
>>1573270
The same situation - a pedestrian sees a car coming at high speed but they have a green light to cross the road so they still walk in front of the car. Would you blame the pedestrian or point at the driver's mistake for passing a traffic light at red?
>>
>>1566402
>I'm in the wrong but I'll just blame the victims of my mistakes for "speeding"
Seriously people like you should lose their driving licenses permanently
>>
>>1565839
Should have drove the front tire into the back of that car on purpose. That cunt is clearly in the wrong and would've had no cause to complain.
>>
>>1575438
>>1575465

>i

You can talk to yourself without shitting up the thread cuckboi.
>>
>>1580200
cant turn properly = target fixation????
>>
>>1582304
Not anymore since the camera melted via exhaust heat.

It's a $20 chink amazon camera though and it's really just there so I can say I have a mirror. I did shoulder checks with mirrors and I do them without.
>>
>>1575465
The outcome would have probably been different if it was your sister riding a motor bike and a middle aged balding man ramming his roadcage over her legs.
>>
>>1582299
A tank slapper is a quick and repeating oscillation of the handle bars, usually caused by input on the bars (either by the rider or the road surface, or other external variable) while the front wheel is light, like during acceleration.

The bike receives this input, and since the bike is a natural gyro, it tries to bring itself to its 'neutral' position (bars straight) but goes past the neutral position, and farther in the opposite direction. This is called negative dynamic stability. To fix a tank slapper, put more weight on the front wheel without putting any more input on the bars.
>>
>>1582742
I'm actually glad that dude took one for the team and tried that. I've always wondered if you could take a motorcycle through those things. Now I know. You can't.
>>
>>1582742
Too much GTA causes loss of real world physics comprehension
>>
>>1567973

Could someone explain to me why his shit started doing the harlem shake? at like 120mph?

Wind Oscillation?
>>
>>1584567

Nix that, I just read other anons "Tank slapper" description

That's fuckin' weird.
>>
>>1567973
>>1582299
>>1584567
he's a fat cunt and there's not enough weight on the front
>or
he did a wheelie and came down poorly
>or
he's gripping the bars too tight

all of which result in the front skipping around as it struggles to maintain stability. It's not a problem if you don't panic, you can just put some more weight on the front and lessen your grip and ity should be fine. If you panic then you risk wobbling out of control which will end with you on your arse
>>
>>1582442
>looks straight ahead
>goes straight
>finally realizes he's going straight when the road is turning
>turns his head and looks down the road
>finally turns
yes
>>
>>1582742
>>1583590
I think he actually would have made it through if he didn't mash the front brake.
>>
>>1566217
Police? for what? the driver didn't do anything illegal. it was the rider who was speeding.
If you follow someone and go confront them threatening them, they'll be acting in self defense in whatever they do to you
>>
>>1582125
Nice Eurobeat sticker on your helmet senpai
>>
File: Kerplonk! SJJ drops the R6.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kerplonk! SJJ drops the R6.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>1587442
I'l say this again for you autists that seem to think the driver didn't do anything wrong. The driver made a U-turn in an intersection that indicated U-turns as unlawful. Aside from that, he made the U-turn dangerously close to the riders, causing them to make an emergency maneuver - emergency braking; this was the car driver failing to yield right of way. The car driver then stopped in the roadway, impeding traffic. That's 3 unlawful things that he did, and there's many more unsafe things that he did in that one clip.

As well, the rider was not speeding. I really don't know why you people keep insisting that he was - he was travelling at 42mph in a 45mph zone. Even if he was speeding, speeding does not wave a vehicle operator's right of way - the car driver would have still been at fault.

Finally, following someone and confronting them is legal - assuming that you don't commit assault or battery, or cause damage to personal property. It would be well withing the rider's legal rights to tell the driver how shitty of a driver he is. That anon never implied that anyone should hurt the driver, only shame him, which is perfectly legal; that's just another incorrect assumption that you made.

tl;dr learn the law before you open your mouth, retard.
>>
>>1573625
Passes silver SUV, Jerks bike around black SUV and twists the accelerator - without knowing what was on the other side of the SUV.

Conclusion - that parked car had no right to exists in this bikes world so it was obviously his fault. #bikerlogic
>>
>>1588701
how even
>>
>>1588902
The webm title is the same as the youtube video.
I don't get it either...
>>
>>1588927
>youtube video even worse than webm

What the fuck was he waiting for
>>
>>1577813
Of course the car driver is at fault for running a red light, but the motorcycle driver, for his own sake, not for the sake of the blame game, should have been paying closer attention. That car was moving pretty fast coming up to the light.
>>
>>1588931
She, and I have no fucking clue.
Maybe warming it up?
>>
>>1590101
I realized it was a she after i posted. That video made me feel angry and nauseous at the same time
>>
File: Crashing CBR F4 in Twisties.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Crashing CBR F4 in Twisties.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>1588900
No one I've ever showed that webm to has ever tried to defend the rider, because it was obviously his fault. So fuck off back to Tumblr and stop projecting stereotypes.
>>
>>1573674
I agree with the water thing but not the food since you can grow your own if you're that worried. Also the government doesn't get your property when you die unless you don't have any next of kin.
>>
>>1590351
>twisties
motherfucka that's a straight road
>>
looking for a specific motovlog fail video

i think it was titled "no no no" or something similar, from memory it was in a dry, Arizona-like place but could well be wrong. any ideas?
>>
>>
>>1571982
kek

I'm not the only one
>>
File: GP010157_1.webm (3MB, 720x408px) Image search: [Google]
GP010157_1.webm
3MB, 720x408px
>>
File: GP010157_3.webm (4MB, 720x408px) Image search: [Google]
GP010157_3.webm
4MB, 720x408px
>>
>>1592876
In a situation like this how feasible would it be to just jump through someone's windshield and headbutt them?
>>
>>1595781
Zero. You would probably break your neck trying to headbutt them by spearing yourself through the windshield. The windshield is curved and isn't designed to break apart like the safety glass on the side doors.
>>
>>1595662
>>1595696
where is this? looks like it might be fun when it's empty. assuming it's in aus.
>>
>>1595783
It would be pretty cool if you pulled it off though, you have to admit.
>>
>>1573625
I agree with the U-turn, but this guy clearly fucked up. He had no line of sight and was driving recklessly, even if the other vehicle was moving slowly he would have still hit it.
>>
>>1577197
Yeah it's painfully obvious that guy has no idea what he is talking about nevermind been on an actual motorcycle and then is somehow convinced he's qualified to understand how any of it works
>>
>>1590351
So what happened here exactly??

Why were he unable to turn??
>>
>>1582157
>you push the handle bar forward on the same side you want to turn/ pull on the opposite

> I want to turn right
> I'll push forward on the right handle
> I'm not a troll
>>
>>1595786
Mt Nebo/Mt Glorious brisbane ausfailya
>>
File: Countersteering.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Countersteering.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>1596105
http://www.ridinginthezone.com/countersteering-will-save-your-life/
>>
>>1564072
Not clipping through the bushes. Common son
>>
>>1571831
This is the only situation posted in /wsg/ where I have no idea how I coul've prevented it and how I woul've reacted.
>>
>>1596980
Like he did probably
>>
>>1571195
Looks like he was braking at the same time as trying to lean the bike, when you brake and lean the bike it forces itself up right into a straight line.
Happened to me once, nearly died, lucky there was other motorbikes coming the other way, if it was a car, i wouldn't be here
>>
File: IDIOT JUMPS A GSX S1000.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IDIOT JUMPS A GSX S1000.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>1596055
Target fixation. It's a flaw in humans, not the bike - the bike could have made that turn very easily. You go where you look, and he got scared, looked at the thing he didn't want to hit, and hit it. Classic target fixation.
See >>1580200,
>>1564056, and
>>1569271
>>
>>1582742
kinda pants is he wearing here?
>>
File: Ninja 300 crash.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ninja 300 crash.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>1597128
Jeans
>>
>>1597259
wtf im not wearing riding pants anymore
>>
>>1577234
the very fact you're on a bike shows you don't give 2 fucks about safety. You're riding a machine among multi-ton steel vehicles traveling at high speed with your only protection (at most) being special clothes and a helmet
>>
>>1597082
>"what the fuck habbened!!!!"
bru
>>
>>1592876
I can watch videos of fags running wide on corners all day but this kind of shit is aggravating to watch.
Although I do think that crash was avoidable with better braking and/or swerving.
>>
>>1590351
>twisties
>slight bend in the road
lel. remember to turn when the road turns
>>
>>1597082

>OH MY GOD

lol
>>
>>1597401
As a cyclist, I never needed to countersteer because I weigh a lot more than the bike. It wasn't until I started riding motorcycles that it became useful.
>>
>>1592876
H lost a shoe, dead for sure
>>
>>1588902
Looks like she stalled it, and the bike automatically put itself in N.

Look at the vid, no green light, stalled, green light and.. drop.
>>
>>1575450
>internet driving instructor at its finest

The u turning car started the turn behind the car that was turning on the left lane of the road the biker was using. Fuck the "see the headlights" "slow down in anticipation" mumbo jumbo you spew. Even a cager could've had problems in that situation.

Also,
>shouldn't be riding at night though that's dangerous

This guy actually believes motorcycles are only a means of recreation, for fucks sake what an idiot.
>>
>>1571982
seriously, this guy needs to calm his nuts
>>
>>1597623
leave and never come back
>>
>>1564532
>mah facken nuts
kek
>>
>>1573639
that's pretty bad riding desu
>>
>>1582742
How can you be this retarded ?
How can they have a riding licence ?

They are so bad.
>>
>>1595783
There is also a later of vinyl in between the layer of glass on pretty much all windshields. It's there to prevent the driver's/passenger's head from going through.
>>
>>1597633
le upvote
>based anthony from revzilla tv
>>
>>1597259
>ninja 300
>wearing sneakers
>riding poorly in some suburban neighborhood culdesac
>drops the bike

every fucking time
>>
>>1592876
>>1595781
Motorcycles aren't made to speed like in a race, they're made to transport you from A to B, just like a bicycle or car. If You speed on public road with traffic, you're begging for a crash. These superbike style motorcycles are designed for races where you don't have traffic, people should take them to a highway at the most, not city.
>>
File: iomtt jump.webm (945KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
iomtt jump.webm
945KB, 1280x720px
>>1598956
>someonet turns in front of bike leaving no room to brake
>motorcycles arent meant to speed
>superbike style, as if ths couldnt have happened to some guy on an sv

get of the soapbox ignoramus
>>
>>1564090
You ever ridden a motorcycle, dipshit?
>>
>>1598956
I can't comment on all motorbikes, but majority of them are performance tuned. you can get a stock 300cc bikes that do 0-60 in less than 6 seconds. motorbikes are made to go fast. even the ones that you think wouldn't go fast are still faster than 80% of the cars out there.
>>
>>1572731
It just poured like a motherfucker in Indianapolis. I don't even ride a bike but it's wet here, so I thought I'd let you know.
>>
>>1585352
yeah i think so too
>>
>>1575965
This 100%.

I never realized how much shit is going on around you on a road until I started riding. You become hyper-aware compared to driving, and the safety and technique of riding is a sizeable portion of what motorcycle riders talk about to each other when they're discussing riding.

Cagers think this because the only riders they notice are the two idiots on 600rrs going 160 on the highway at night you can hear 3 miles away.
>>
>>1575965
>>1599962
>cager cager cager blah blah blah
>typical self-righteous bullshit

I've been riding for 20 years and have been around bikes my entire life. My family has run a motorcycle shop for the last 50 years. Assholes who only want to go fast and look cool are not some tiny minority. That's the main reason people get into bikes in the first place. They tend to mellow out if they stick with it long-term, but there are always new people starting out who don't care about safety, don't know how to ride, and think it's super awesome to tear around at twice the speed limit everywhere they go.

I was also a paramedic for ten years and have seen plenty of accidents involving motorcycles. The majority involved the bike only and were due to some combination of excessive speed, poor riding skills, and alcohol. The majority of car vs bike accidents were the car's fault, but don't overlook the increased risk created by the biker going faster than the flow of traffic, weaving through traffic, sitting in blind spots, wearing low-visibility clothing, and otherwise riding poorly. Just because the driver is technically at fault does not mean the rider did everything right.

The majority of people are incompetent and unsafe. It doesn't matter whether they're on four wheels or two.
>>
>>1569271

The thing with a motorcycle is that it will want to raise itself once you let up on the throttle. That's why the only way to really save yourself if you're going into a turn too fast is to speed up and tilt the bike more. It's against any "common sense", but that's how it works.
>>
File: 50_audiopeg.webm (4MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
50_audiopeg.webm
4MB, 960x540px
Jesus christ this thread is a horror show

Quick, post some actual riding with no crashing
>>
>>1577813
>and its somehow the bikes fault.
It's partially his own fault for not making absolute sure, dipshit. When I was taking my driver's license our driving instructor flat out told us even when we had the right of way we should still make sure some fuckwad isn't breaking the rules, but for some reason ""cool dude riders"" think they're exempt from reality.
>>
>>1600380
Just what ?
You let the throttle alone, apply some REAR brake, and move your fuckin ass and try to touch the ground with it.
>>
>>1599269

isn't that the same jump where that english dude crashed and died?
>>
>>1600386
>>
File: iomtt jump 2.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
iomtt jump 2.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>1600525
i believe so

>>1600772
how do you achieve this without dying from repeated highsides during practice
>>
>>1600772
Wow this looks really gay.

Motorcyclists are actually just suicidal fags 100%
>>
>>1600011
Your credentials as a rider, paramedic or descendant of someone who once owned a shop has no influence on the validity of what you say. The only things that matter are statistics and proof. People who buy a bike for speed are certainly the minority - I can also tell you're hiding your prejudice behind a wall of ambiguity; you clearly hate sport bike riders are vindictive of them. If you're going to try and tell me that you believe the majority of cruiser riders buy a bike to go fast, which is what you're saying, you're crazy. And you say that the majority of accidents are single-vehicle, however that is statistically false. In the United States, the majority of accidents involving a motorcycle also involve a car, and 66% of those are the car's fault.

At the end of the day, so many accidents would be avoided if those 66% of car drivers would develop a sense of mortality; stop texting, check their blind spots, generally pay more attention. No rider should have to assume the risk of an unsafe car driver.

Finally, there's nothing to suggest that the majority of everyone on the road are incompetent or unsafe. Most people, obviously not all, do make efforts to avoid having crashes.
>>
>>1601734
actually the majority of accidents involving a bike are single vehicle accidents (eu stats) and most also go unreported
>>
>>1597259
i would of rode up the curb instead of slamming on the breaks
>>
>>1596105
cyclefag here as well, he's right.
>>
>>1597082
>see's he's going off road
>doesn't pull in clutch
>doesn't hit both brakes
>being this retarded
>>
>>1597259
"im turning BETTER FUCKING JAM THE BRAKE IN AS HARD AS I POSSIBLY CAN"
>>
>>1599273
have you?
>muh terminology
stop being retarded
>>
>>1603735
>eu
dropped
>>
>>1601170
>impotent rage
>>
>>1601170
nah that shit's really cool and basically you're a fucko bucko
>>
>>1604041
Nah he's right. I appreciate the skill but most freestyle tricks looks stupid. Especially the emphasis on having either the ass or the legs up in the air.
>>
How mad does this make you?
>>
>>1604030
So Americans are inherently better at riding motorcycles? Color me unconvinced.
>>
The level of elitism in these threads always astounds me
>>
>>1598956
>literally "ban assault bikes with scary racing features"
>>
>>1605910
I don't see an issue with this tbhfam

:^)
>>
>>1575438
i don't love these videos
not enough people in cars die.
>>
>>1600399
>someone running a red light and causing an accident isn't 100% their fault
>retard alert
just because some jock on a sports bike fucked your girlfriend doesn't mean you have to blame every accident on any random motorcyclist
get over yourself
>>
>>1600507
>apply some REAR brake
and slip the whole rear end out, great idea!
>>
>>1573270
>>1571988
>Blaming the rider
Yeah you have to use excess situational awareness when riding a bike, but it's not reasonable to expect that care to pull an illegal u turn over double yellow lines from two lanes over.
>>
>>1573625
Yea the car was in the wrong, but why not protect yourself and break instead of accelerating?
>>
File: 1489509216337.webm (4MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489509216337.webm
4MB, 480x360px
>>1605910

>assault bikes
Lost ty anon
>>
I can't help but suspect the most opinionated and outspoken people in motorcycle threads are people who have never once driven one.
>>
>>1569271

>that rear wheel screaming
Least he didn't lock up the front too bad
>>
>>1606417
Not that guy and I wouldn't let off the throttle completely, but yeah ease off a bit and give it just a touch of rear brake and you can turn in harder and get back on the throttle

Obviously if you hit the rear brake too hard you'll lock it up

It's saved my ass a few times
>>
>>1588701
Something tells me that wasn't his bike. >Killed it and dumped it pulling out of the driveway
>>
>>1566498
How do you know this is illegal? You can't see a sign that says no U-Turn in the video
>>
>>1596336
>TIL
>>
>>1573270
Here's the play by play thought process of the rider
1. Car is pulling over too second lane *Fine I'll brake*
2. Car is turned so far to the right that it seems like it is just getting in the right lane; car is actually just avoiding the yellow markers. *Okay it's fine I can keep going* rider accelerates
3. Car turns back towards left lane *lets off throttle and it's too late. By the time he realizes the driver is being an absolute dipshit, the rider has <40 feet to stop. At ~35 mph that's just not enough time to avoid it.

TL:DR Car is 100% at fault for driving dangerously and not taking enough time to properly check blind spots
>>
>>1606692
>Car is 100% at fault for driving dangerously and not taking enough time to properly check blind spots
Legally yes. But practically, the motorcyclist is partially responsible for illegally changing lanes in the intersection, not paying attention to the idiot in the car, then riding into the side of the car like a fucking retard. We can do this all day.
>>
>>1606669
You can't U-turn or turn left into oncoming traffic that has the right of way, you idiot.
>>
>>1600847
That's Guy Martin, right?
He seems like such a chill bro and his Logan hair is awesome
>>
>>1571709
lol that first video is me, did not expect anyone else to ever use that footage
>>
>>1582295
turning the bars is the best way to steer a bike
>>
>>1606616
>his
>>
>>1596055
In case you wanted to know the real answer. When you brake very hard, you lose steering. People freak out and lock the brakes. In that situation he had to let go of the brakes, and he would have regained steering. Let OFF the brakes.
>>
>>1606541
Because the car driver looked like he was going to continue straight, and it wasn't until it was too late that the rider realized that the car driver was making an illegal U-turn from the right lane, without signalling.
>>
>>1606729
The rider did not change lanes in the intersection, and the car demonstrated that its intent was to continue straight, without changing lanes. It did this by failing to signal or indicate any intention of deviation from what would otherwise be its obvious path of travel. Once the car straightened up within its lane, the rider had no further indication that the car had any intention of invading the rider's lane. Finally, saying that the rider is responsible because he crashed into the car, then admitting that the car caused the rider to crash into him is circular reasoning.
>>
>>1569271
fuck is worng with this retard
>>
>>1607180
>The rider did not change lanes in the intersection
Rider turns from the left lane, enters the left lane at an angle, holds that angle and immediately crosses the center line, then immediately weaves back into the left lane. The law (at least in most states) is that you must turn into the nearest lane, then signal and execute a proper lane change after the turn is complete. He obviously didn't do that. It's not clear if he was trying to turn into the right lane, or if he just sucks at riding and overshot the turn.

>and the car demonstrated that its intent was to continue straight, without changing lanes
No. The car is diagonal to the lane from the moment it leaves the driveway until the collision. It's the exact same idiotic lane-crossing-after-turn shit the motorcyclist did. If the car had entered the right lane, straightened out, signaled again, then entered the left lane, you would have a point.

>Once the car straightened up within its lane
Didn't happen.

>Finally, saying that the rider is responsible because he crashed into the car, then admitting that the car caused the rider to crash into him is circular reasoning.
No, it is not. There is a difference between legal culpability and cause. The driver of the car is legally culpable for the accident because he made an improper lane change followed by an improper U-turn. But both the driver and the motorcyclist contributed to the cause. It was extremely obvious that the car was doing something silly, and the motorcycle had plenty of time and space to avoid the collision.

If you want to play games about anticipating the other person's intentions, suppose the driver of the car saw the motorcycle enter the right lane and assumed he would stay there? That would be a stronger argument than yours since at least the motorcycle actually entered the right lane.

Bottom line: Motorcyclist riding like an idiot rides into the side of a car being driven poorly by another idiot.
>>
>>1564043
Hey guys I just recently turned 18 and because I'm a disgusting dropout, I couldn't get my license until now.

How do I get into motorcycling? My motorcycle-cop dad is big on motorcycles, but he doesn't want me on a bike so he wont give me tips. He's also a Harley man, and I'm not looking to drive Cruiser bikes.

I probably should've gotten my License/Motorcycle Endorsement before making this post, that I have a DMV appointment next week, so I guess that's close enough.
>>
>>1607585
Go to /o/. That /DBT/ thread moves much faster
>>
File: moto gp horse.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
moto gp horse.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>1606906
yes
hes a top lad
>>
>>1605119
is that you anon?
>>
>>1607516
>Your first argument that I don't feel like greentexting properly
The rider did keep a constant radius on his turn until the moment that he entered the right lane; whether his intent was to enter the left lane or the right lane was ambiguous. However, we do know that his signal was on - what we don't know is whether he indicated his lane change to the right lane, or his lane change back to the left lane. Regardless, he would not have indicated those lane changes within any distance required by law.

>If the car had entered the right lane, straightened out, signaled again, then entered the left lane, you would have a point.
No. If the car had straightened out, signaled, then changed lanes, we would not have had this problem in the first place; that's the entire premise of this argument.

>The car didn't straighten up
You're right. The car didn't get perfectly parallel to the lane - however, the car driver certainly maneuvered in a fashion that would indicate that the driver's intentions were to continue straight - at the very least the driver's actions were ambiguous enough to be interpreted as the intent to continue straight. More on ambiguity in the next bit.

>legal culpability and cause
I never mentioned legal culpability. You're ignoring the fact that I pointed out that the 'logic' that anon, or you, was/were using was circular. Getting to your point, I'm not 'playing games' about anticipating people's intentions - a common argument is that the rider should have seen the driver doing something strange, and stopped. However, that argument is illogical and impractical; if a motorcyclist stopped or significantly changed course, or similar, every single time a car driver did something vaguely strange or unusual, they might as well "just get off the road and stop driving," as a previous anon put it, at which point they would, themselves, present a hazard to all road users.

cont, long ass post
>>
>>1607516
>>1608552
>since at least the motorcycle actually entered the right lane
He also entered the left lane. Don't pick and choose when you follow your own standards. Even still, if we assume he would signaled his lane changes in the 100 feet required by Texas law, he the outcome of the accident would have been the same.
>>
File: terrifying.webm (612KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
terrifying.webm
612KB, 640x360px
>>
>>1607585
Just google motorcycle classes sponsored by your city/state. Mine was 3 days, 1 afternoon in the classroom and 2 days on a bike, which they provided. At the end they test you and if you do well enough, they give you a waiver which you take into the DMV to have your endorsement added to your license
>>
>>1608563
explain pls
>>
>>1608776
Jerking your gas like that just shows that the squid has no idea what he's doing. Jerking your gas gets you killed.
>>
>>1606779
Well it depends where that's shot

Where I live you can do it if you have the space to make it without them slowing down
>>
>>1606420
>crossing at a crosswalk without looking around you
>driver runs a red light and hits you
yea the car driver is in the wrong it it was easily preventable on your part, not to mention you're the one who suffers for it
>>
File: 1487384727569.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487384727569.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>1608563
Obligatory
>>
>>1608552
i am so lazy or so rich that i can drop my bike randomly...

wtf
>>
>>1609267
he obviously didn't mean to, retard
>>
>>1568076
He's American. They can't into corners.
>>
>>1564043
just walk it up dude its a bike
>>
File: poosh.webm (4MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
poosh.webm
4MB, 852x480px
>>
File: loyal bike.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
loyal bike.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>1609938
pooosh
>>
>>1608776
this guy has the throttle control of a 6 year old playing mario cart.
>>
>>1607142
You can still turn while braking. Bikes stand up when you brake, but he practically stiff-armed that corner.
>>
>>1600847
>Dat high speed damping
Holy shit my balls.
>>
File: moto gp lean.webm (786KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
moto gp lean.webm
786KB, 1280x720px
>>1610690
some more slow mo
>>
>>1610694
Muh dick.

Also, I keep getting upload failed no matter what image/gif/webm I choose. Obama plz.
>>
>>1597821
I'm sure he just assumed that was the end of the flexible barrier.

He was, of course, wrong.
>>
>>1600772
this is actually easy and anything dirigible can be handled expertly by humans, just takes confidence.

t. guy who used to do this with electric scooter
>>
>>1609139
The bikes HAD to slow down AND they almost turned into another car. What is your point?
>>
>>1596105
>dbt
They teach you this shit when they give you the license to ride the bike, retard.
>>
>>1608776
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Wx4YrZ55I
>>
>>1609938
>2003 win 58
best hair
>>
File: z sound.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
z sound.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
sorry for posting but this seemed to be the only /o/ related thread, just uploading to crosslink.
>>
>>1592876
It's pretty low quality so it's hard to tell but isn't that a red light?
>>
File: Girls Can't Resist My CBR250R.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Girls Can't Resist My CBR250R.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>1612505
It's a red light for the left turn lane, which is how we know the car turning left ran a red light. You can see that the rider has a green light to proceed straight, meaning that the car driver could not possibly have had right of way over the rider.
>>
>>1612556
>not give her the ride to later BLEACHED her
>>
>>1610143
whats with this corner, I see it everywhere and everyone either falls down or crashes their car
is it a decreasing radius or something
>>
>>1612556
What a faggot
>>
>>1572731
Cool butt cam bro
>>
>>1612556
Good choice man, if you just started riding this was a smart move.
>>
>>1612257
>americans

>>1612958
shit surface apparently. i think theres a slight dip mid corner
>>
>>1596980
How about slowing down instead of speeding up like a cunt?
>>
>>1582302
probably not even endorsed
>>
File: Lawnmower Almost Hit by Truck.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lawnmower Almost Hit by Truck.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>1613179
Give this thread a read and you'll realize why what you said is stupid.
>>
>>1613202
Holy shit I hate cagers.
He was probably on his phone being a nigger
>>
>>1612556
Guy reminds me of Danielfromsl
>"Yes"
>are you a motorcycle rider?
>"Yeah I'm a beginner, yes."
>can I get a ride?
>"Sure hop on"
>on the freeway
>turn off bike
>"Shit no more gas"
>coast to the shoulder
>she gets off
>turn bike on and drive away
>>
>>1609192
bad throttle control there ew
>>
>>1600386
funny but this thread helps me when Im about to get a ride.
>>
>>1564056
holy kek that nigga steering a boat
>>
>>1567973
new underwear pls
>>
>>1572731
breh u on an a2 licence? i just passed and fuck knows what bike to get
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIpb23PAvyY

for anybody who has never seen this racetrack in the uk, shit is fookin mental
>>
>>1573650
Groe up
>>
File: dock.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dock.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>
File: Falsch.gif (2MB, 378x391px) Image search: [Google]
Falsch.gif
2MB, 378x391px
>>1573625
I know you're riding "bikers can do no wrong" cock real good, but your opinion is short-sighted and you have the wrong outlook.

Everyone who watches that video can plainly see two things:

+ A car violate traffic rules, putting themselves and others in danger.
+ A biker who can easily see that said car is oblivious to the world around them.

Now, what any halfway-skilled motorist (bike or car) would do at this point, is slow down, and wait for said car to finish whatever dumb shit they're trying to pull.
This is called defensive driving, and is smartest way to avoid a painful crash, dealing with the other driver, dealing with road rage, dealing with shitty insurance (if they have it), dealing with repairs (to your vehicle and body), and overall, smartest way to avoid about 1-3 months worth of dumb headachey nonsense.

But what did this motorcyclist do? He plainly viewed said car pulling some dumb shit, and HE SPED THE FUCK UP.

The car violated the law, and the driver should be punished as such. But the biker is a moron who needs to write "stupid games, stupid prizes" on the inside of their helmet.

And as far as a lawsuit would go, it could easily be argued that both parties in this collision were at fault. Easily.
>>
File: Aprilia RS 125 Crash.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Aprilia RS 125 Crash.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>1615228
You people keep acting like you have the ability to foresee an accident. And you assume, first of all, that I ride, and second of all, that I think that riders can do no wrong, and those two assumptions are obviously related. Little do you know, I've posted plenty of webms where riders do stupid shit - you even replied to one of them. So drop this autistic assumption that any rider will defend any other rider, regardless of their actions, to the death.

I've been over this before; the rider sped up because the car driver gave ample indication that they intended to continue straight. I'd also like to point out that the rider slowed down each time the car driver messed up, but the second time, he couldn't slow down fast enough - so "he sped up!" is not a valid blanket-argument. I can guarantee you that if you put the car in the bike's place, and vice versa, and this accident played out the same way, almost nobody would be saying "why didn't the car slow down?"

And if you want to talk about lawsuits, anything can be argued - and your argument would easily be shot down.
>>
>>1615323
Got to agree with Mr. Trump on this one. Cars have blind spots and the biker speed into one. Bet the car driver would have never seen the biker even when looking around.
>>
>>1582295
this is hands down the dumbest post i've ever seen about motorcycles that I have ever seen on the internet, period.
>>
>>1565839
man this one really triggers me
>>
>>1569271
no confidence in your tires bruh?
>>
>>1615173
damn dude, that was fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>1599296
That's quick not fast. ofcourse alot of bikes have good acceleration. It doesnt weigh as much as a fucking car anon.
>>
>>1565839
That car really activated my almonds
>>
>>1615345
And that's why people take action to see what's in their blind spots.
>>
>>1615679
>With these panniers, there's still so much room left for my dignity
>>
>>1582742
not giving input on the bars when they're oscillating while simultaneously pushing down on them seems like it could be a difficult task, I'm guessing this is easier at lower speeds?
>>
>>1617430
It is difficult. That's why people who encounter tank slappers usually crash. The best way to fix a tank slapper is with a steering damper, which uses viscous oil to prevent the bars from ever getting into a state of negative dynamic stability in the first place.
>>
File: out.webm (2MB, 281x500px) Image search: [Google]
out.webm
2MB, 281x500px
Nothing is going to be alright.
>>
>>1600525
I believe that could describe every jump at the Isle of Man, lotta people died there.
>>
>>1612958
A lot of it is just this guys channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvtfT-xYX4Q-jC2Mbsk3OUA
>>
>>1615173

the bike was just too THICC
>>
How hard is it to get licensed to drive motorcycles in other states/countries?

Because in Florida you have to take a class where there's one every fucking 1000 miles it seems and the endorsement(?) itself is like, $300. Why are they so much more expensive than a regular old driver license? ($50 here)
>>
File: ZX-10R Crash.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ZX-10R Crash.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>1619207
You have to re-test every 1,000 miles? Around here, you either take a written and practical test, or you take an MSF course (which has its own written and practical tests), walk into the DMV, and they wave their tests, hand you a voucher, then you take that to a tag office and they print your new license.
>>
>>1619207
EU/Latvia here..
Assuming most simple case - you already have B category drivers license and are 24yrs old.

>12 Hours of mandatory theory. Usually 3 days 18:00-22:00. (~90 Eur including all the formalities)
>10 Hours of mandatory driving lessons on Hornet 600 or equivalent. Whatever way you negotiate with your instructor. (~25 Eur per lesson)
>Full day (8hrs) of first aid training. Usually two days, 18:00-22:00. (~30 Eur, unless you already had one within 5 years).
>Medical examination (~35Eur, but usually your current one is valid for A category)
>30 Question state theoretical exam, max 2 wrong answers. (13 Eur)
>Practical exam that includes (55 Eur):
> * Explanation of basic checkup of motorcycle before driving (fluid levels, light function, chain tension etc).
> * 8 obstacle courses, each have 2 attempts (slow snake, fast snake, figure 8, fast obstacle avoidance, emergency braking, parking, obstacle avoidance with braking, plank). Actually they have video of each obstacle: https://www.csdd.lv/a-kategorija/figuru-laukums-360
> * At least 25 minute driving in traffic. If you show deficiency with some maneuvers examiner will send you trough more similar situations to make sure you can handle them.
>Printing of new license (23 Eur)

So if you can pass with the bare minimum of driving lessons and on first try - which is rarely the case if you have not already been riding illegally without license or on a 125cc, it sums up to 461 Eur.
>>
>>1600380
you definitely do not have to speed up. just make sure that you don't suddenly close the throttle or hit the brakes.
>>
>>1618924
wut ?!
>>
>>1597609
How to avoid stalling like that? She needed more power in the handgrip?
Sorry I'm just starting
>>
>>1620689
Let the clutch out slowly and just enough to get you going. Don't let it out quickly or too far.
More throttle will just be clunky and you won't be in control.
>>
>>1619224
No I was exaggerating saying there aren't any classes near me. They're all so very far away from each other.
>>
>>1618924
in ger ´´laderegler´´
>>
>>1620689
Let the clutch out slowly until you feel movement and hear load on engine.
While keeping the clutch at this position, add throttle to maintain RPM and take off.
When you no longer need to add throttle slowly continue to release and add throttle as necessary.
>>
File: Crash_sound.webm (4MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Crash_sound.webm
4MB, 960x540px
there it goes
>>
>>1588283
good eye. i have the same one on my car and i wouldn't have even noticed if you didn't say something.
>>
File: tumblr_n4czx0rSOf1qdlh1io1_400.gif (2MB, 392x245px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4czx0rSOf1qdlh1io1_400.gif
2MB, 392x245px
just lurked the entire thread might as well post some that i saved form long ago.

>>
File: Doppler Effect.webm (4MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Doppler Effect.webm
4MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: Mowing the lawn.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mowing the lawn.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>
File: Fuck Gravity.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Gravity.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: bunny hop.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
bunny hop.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>
>>1596980
ive been in this situation.

i slowed down
>>
File: 1491168771766.gif (688KB, 286x310px) Image search: [Google]
1491168771766.gif
688KB, 286x310px
>>1609192
>full leathers
>no throttle control

deserved it
>>
>>1618924
5 days late but check ur charging system: regulator/rectifier or stator
>>
>>1618924
Looks like normal voltage jumps from a running engine
>>
>>1573625
>passing on the right

Yeah that was pretty dumb
>>
>>1606669
all 3 lights are green, so the idiot who turned had a red arrow in his turn lane
>>
>>1609192
>>1610675
>>1609106
So lets say I need to slow down, How do I do it with out let of the Throttle?, just let go slowly?, with slightly clutch? just rear brake?
>>
>>1629891
In a turn, don't slow down.

All other times, I usually ease in the clutch ever so slightly, then roll off the throttle.
>>
File: Emergency Braking at the Apex.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Emergency Braking at the Apex.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>1629891
>>1629959
This. All sport bikes can lean to the ground. If you went into a turn too hot, push harder. Your limiting factor then will be ground clearance. If you're talking about emergency braking, for when completing the turn is physically impossible, you straighten up and apply both brakes, increasing braking pressure as you become more upright. Webm related
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.