[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Who /traitor/ here?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 58
File: traitor1.jpg (10 KB, 228x221) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
traitor1.jpg
10 KB, 228x221
>Be Muslim
>Figure out pretty young that I don't believe in Islam (14) as it is obviously BS Muhammad made up for power.
>Convert to Christianity secretly.
>Tell family once I am in the US that I converted.
>Family refuses to talk to me, I've been disowned and my father has told me that if I ever go back to Egypt he will personally bring me to trial for apostasy or kill me.

So glad I got out of that cult.
>>
>religion of peace
>>
>>53124990
t. mohammed smith
>>
>>53124990
I hate wine. Not fond of cheese either.
>>
>>53124990
Who HISTORY here?
>go to /his/
>want to talk about history
>get /pol/ shit and religion instead
>>
>>53124990
Well, Christianity is still pretty stupid but at least it's not Islam. Good job man, I'm sure that took courage.
>>
>>53124990

i'm baptised catholic, but like most others i discovered fedora-tipping. Nothing unusual here, i barely know anyone who's still unironically religious.

Militant atheist just piss me off tho. I like chrisitianity, i just lack the faith.
>>
>be american
>be underweight
>>
>>53125046
>mohammed smith
this cracked me up
>>
>>53124990
>Convert to Christianity

How is choosing one Arab fairy tale over another any better?
>>
>It is obviously BS made up for power
>Convert into another cult made up for power
You aren't very bright, are you OP?
>>
File: mob.png (118 KB, 470x351) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mob.png
118 KB, 470x351
I don't drink or watch hockey.
>>
>>53124990
Not sure I'm a traitor. I was raised Protestant but am converting to Judaism after being atheist. My parents very much prefer me as a Jew.
>>
>>53124990

damn. sounds tough. hope you get some christian pussy, op.
>>
File: 1434574165410.jpg (4 KB, 250x219) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1434574165410.jpg
4 KB, 250x219
>>53124990
I'm a closeted Atheist myself.
>>
>abandons one cancer
>starts following another cancers

it's like you middle-eastern shits are monkeys, you need to follow a cult, you can't handle the truth
>>
File: when it kicks in.gif (2 MB, 220x190) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
when it kicks in.gif
2 MB, 220x190
>>53124990
im a /secret traitor/

>be muslim
>be moderately religious
>native arabic speaker, been to mecca, memorized a lot of quran
>study religion for a few years
>decide it's bullshit
>don't tell any family
>they don't kill me
>behind_enemy_lines.mov
>>
File: tip1.png (51 KB, 370x370) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tip1.png
51 KB, 370x370
>>53125237
>>53125166
>>53125152
>>53125089

-t. neckbeards who have never read Aquinas, Moore, or any of the other great Christian philosophers.
>>
>leaving one delusional sandnigger desert cult for another
its like you are literally retarded
>>
>>53125105
>I like chrisitianity, i just lack the faith

yeah same. i wish i didnt work out god dosent exist and was still blindly ignorant thinking god has my back and im not alone.
>>
I'm still at the 2nd step, wish me luck (won't convert to chirstfaggotry tho)
>>
>>53125266

Will you force your kids into Islam or will you let them choose?
>>
File: 1451383780450.gif (775 KB, 245x245) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451383780450.gif
775 KB, 245x245
>>53125286
>Aquinas
>Great Philosopher
>>
File: 1429734216392.jpg (391 KB, 1374x1425) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429734216392.jpg
391 KB, 1374x1425
>I don't believe in Islam as it is obviously BS
>Convert to Christianity
>>
>>53125386
>>53125266
Force them into Islam to maintain the appearance that you are still a Muslim*.
>>
>>53125227

me too desu
>>
>>53125386
i don't understand the question; why would i force my children into something i think is bullshit? im agnostic atheist now
>>
>>53125390

Christianity is more believable in the sense Jesus clearly wasn't doing what he was doing for money, power, or political authority like Muhammad was. In a way he is much like Buddha in that regard, and much more legitimate as a prophet desu senpai.
>>
>>53125417
oh, i have no idea. first thing is i have to decide if i'll have a muslim wedding; if i don't all my extended family will know im a godless heathen

no idea tb.h
>>
>>53125439

Wouldn't your family figure out you aren't Muslim anymore if you didn't raise your kids in Islam? What are you going to tell them?>
>>
i kissed a colored girl at a party a few years ago
>>
File: eeeeeehghg.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
eeeeeehghg.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>>53125459
>christianity
>god impregnates woman to give birth to himself so that he gets crucified to save the people he created from the hell he constructed and resurrects himself
>also he's a ghost
>more believable
>>
>>53124990
>tfw noone I could betray
>>
>>53124990

>be Muslim
>become atheist, probably around 16 years of age(major tipping years)
>tell my father
>father says, "You'll know the truth one day, and dont come to any conclusion yet"
>obviously doesn't give a shit
>tell me to find a job, and a good earning
>mfw

Based dad.
>>
File: 1451570776810.jpg (73 KB, 490x333) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451570776810.jpg
73 KB, 490x333
>>53125286
>atheist are all neckbeards
>>
>>53125459
The only thing Christianity has over Islam is that the big central figure always promoted being loving and kind rather than being a warrior and telling that they must conquer shit, and that they don't kill you for not believing in it.
>>
>>53125685

>le peaceful christian
>>
>>53125286
>Christianity is real because there were smart Christians
>Y-you're all neckbeards if you don't believe in God
>>
>>53125729
may you have a peaceful street shit today my friend
>>
>>53125459
So you went from a ridiculous belief to a slightly less ridiculous one? Good for you mate.
>>
>>53124990
I always get the feeling that these stories are fake.
If your parents are that much islamic why did they move to the US?
>>
>>53125779

Do you watch anime?
>>
>>53124990
>it was bullshit made by muhammad for power
/his/ here and this triggers me,id assume that you being born a muslim should have had given you a back ground of muhammad before he decided to preach islam but apparently not,before he started preaching it he was a wealthy merchant with a high status in his community,when he started preaching the religion all it did was harm him and his wealth for its first couple of decades or so,which during it the quraysh chiefs offered him a lot of money and power if he stopped preaching it which he refused,i hope this is not your only reason for leaving because at least it isn't historically valid.
>>
>>53125685
>he only thing Christianity has over Islam is that the big central figure always promoted being loving and kind rather than being a warrior and telling that they must conquer shit

Wut? Maybe recently but that wasn't true in the past.
>>
>>53124990
YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND BABY RIGHT ROUND
LIKE A RECORD BABY RIGHT ROUND ROUND ROUND
>>
>>53125845
>average brit posting
All religions are falsehood and fiction.
>>
>>53125920

Like your mum's hole, where I poo.
>>
>>53125845
>he was a wealthy merchant

[citation needed]

he was an okay-ish merchant until he married his suga mama khadija
>>
>>53125073
God, this. I'm religious but the amount of religion threads on his, atheist or not, is fucking aggravating
>>
>>53125499

T
A
B
O
O
>>
>>53125570

thats a sad feel
>>
>>53124990
>Leave the cult of Islam
>Join the cult of Christianity
>>
>>53124990
>I got out of that cult to get into another
Bravo
>>
>>53124990
Same lad, except that i didn't convert to christianity (i'm not a edgy fedora tipper tho)
>>
>>53125845
Fuck off paki
>>
>>53125978
Exactly,he was married to her before he started preaching.
>>
>>53124990
>Be Indian
>Figure out pretty young that I don't believe in designated shitting streets (14) as it is obviously BS Gandhi made up for power.
>start pooing in loo secretly.
>Tell family once I am in the US that I poo in loo.
>Family refuses to talk to me, I've been disowned and my father has told me that if I ever go back to India he will personally bring me to trial for poostasy or kill me.

So glad I got out of that cult.
>>
>>53126133
Aren't you scared of the boo in the loo
>>
>>53124990
>Figure out pretty young that I don't believe in Islam (14) as it is obviously BS Muhammad made up for power.
>Convert to Christianity secretly.


are you dumb?
>>
>>53126133

lel
>>
>>53124990
>all these uropoors bashing Christianity
what? is everyone in europe a fedora tipping atheist?
>>
>>53124990
I use reddit everyday
>>
File: 1450411700070.png (660 KB, 709x462) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450411700070.png
660 KB, 709x462
>>53126247

ye that's why it's fucked, it's not about following a religion but it's about raising your kids with christian values in mind, because otherwise you end up with a metric fuckton of degenerates and muslims in your borders
>>
>>53125776
> Christianity isn't real because I decide it's not real despite not knowing what it's about
> y-you believe in an invisible sky friend
>>
>>53126247
more like in europe we evolved past the need for religion in our daily lives. you should too.
>>
>>53126185

I hate boos. Fucking witches don't let me shit.
>>
File: shame.jpg (29 KB, 275x350) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shame.jpg
29 KB, 275x350
My gas bottle ran empty a week ago and I still haven't replaced it yet.
>>
File: NORRRRM.png (26 KB, 750x750) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
NORRRRM.png
26 KB, 750x750
>>53124990
>figure out islam is made up
>convert to christianity
>>
>>53124990
>Be British
>First vote in my life for Tory
>Get Cameron with his policies of less money on people and more on nukes. Let's spy on everyone because what the fuck are they going to do about it?
>Now want to vote for Corbyn.
Even considered joining the GCHQ at one point I was so indoctrinated that Tories knew what they were doing, but then I saw that their job listings said
>Speaker of Russian
>Speaker of Chinese
Then I realised that the Tories aren't about stopping terrorism. They're just spying out of power lust.
>>
>>53124990
>still believes in any reliigion
>>
>>53126403
I do not believe in Christianity because no matter how many times I tried to justify my beliefs in Adam and Eve, the escape of jews in Egypt, Noah's Ark, not once did I find a reliable source. The problem with religion is that they force you to disprove it, then when you do so they say you're interpreting it incorrectly. The burden of proof lies on the Christians as they are the ones to assert the existence of a god. To use a popular example, I can claim that there's a giant invisible teacup orbiting Venus. Can you disprove me? No. Does that mean it's real? No.
>>
>>53125179
>raised Protestant
>parents very much prefer me as a Jew
Huh?
>>
>>53126612
as a Jew instead of an atheist i believe

look, he could be evangelist, he' doing relatively fine
>>
>>53125459
>he did it for unselfish reasons therefore he must be the son of god lmao.
it doesnt matter how many religions you leave m8, you sandniggers will always be braindead subhumans
>>
I don't like shitposting
>>
>>53126455
>Let's spy on everyone because what the fuck are they going to do about it?
you guys are already a memeber of the 5 eyes
when the nsa wire tapped germny's phones im sure the information gathered was given mi6
the usa does most of your spying for you.
>>
>>53126664
Ah I see, I'm bloody retarded haha.

Thanks my white friend.
>>
>>53124990
Could you contribute to my thread? >>53122630
>>
>>53125286
>>>/pol/
>>>/his/

fucking gay faggot
>>
>>53124990
I'm actually glad for you bro
I was a hardcore fedora tipper but I also converted to Christianity recently. May you have found peace in Jesus Christ my friend
>>
>>53126550
> biblical literalism
> implying
So often times I've seen protestants become militant atheists because of protestant beliefs and then said atheists think they know what Christianity is about.

Scum from scum, ignorance from ignorance
>>
>>53126550
well yeah, when you apply logic and science the bible tales become what they really are, little stories with vague historical accuracy and high moral values
something like the Greek theatre
>>
>>53126405
some people can't swallow that the creation of the universe was a just a random act and not planned out by a superior being.
despite science being so advanced it still can't explain everything currently like what caused the big bang and where did the matter come from or how did the first organism get created.
for these answers some people look to a higher power. there are many higher powers to choose from, some are violent (aztec gods) and some are peaceful (Buddhism). OP got fed up that despite islam claiming itself being a religion of peace it has violence in it, just look at the middle east. killing infidels and making non-believers pay a tax or force them to covert are allowed in islam. OP probably still believes in higher power but he doesn't like the fact that islam's prophet was basically a war lord. christianity on the other hand is a religion with the same god as his original faith but with a prophet that was much more humble.

some people just find comfort in the belief of a higher power making this world a little less chaotic so stop being an edgy fedora tipper and just be happy for OP. he's happier with christianity than he is with islam and can you really blame him with?
>>
>>53126956
Oh really? You're going to play that card? You can't hand wave away all the inaccuracies of the Christian faith by saying >biblical literalism. You'd have nothing left. To start off, here's thirty inaccuracies of the bible that I stole from somewhere.

1. It states that the Earth was shapeless and empty before God's intervention, but still it contained water. Some believers have stretched this to extremes trying to argue that it mentions the protoplanetary disk that formed the Earth, in which "earth" and "water" were mixed, but that's an ad hoc explanation.
2. It claims that plants existed before the sun and that mammals existed before fish.
3. The Bible mentions the sun and the moon as sources of light, but the moon merely reflects light received from the sun.
4. It claims that there was a global flood that wiped out all life on Earth, about 4,000 years ago, and that all extant life descends from the animals saved by Noah in his ark. The pyramids are older than the flood supposedly is.
5. It claims that all human languages descend from a single one, which was spoken about 4,000 years ago, when, in fact, there is significant documentation on the history of some ancient languages, like Chinese, Greek, Sanskrit, Egyptian and Hebrew, proving that barely 1,000 years after their supposed common origin they had diverged much, much, much more than the Romance languages have diverged in 1,400 years.
6. It claims that the Jews took 40 years to walk on foot from Suez to the West Bank via the Negev and present-day Jordan, when, in fact, a common snail, crawling six hours each day, would make this trip in less time.
7. It claims that the Jews had lived about 400 years as slaves in Egypt, but no trace of their presence there exists, though there is plenty information in Egyptian sources about much less important peoples.
>>
>>53127222
8. It claims that dreams are omens of the future, but they are now clearly proven to be just loose recollections of memories that are being recycled or deleted by the brain.
9. It groups clams with fish and bats with birds.
10. It advocates death penalty for a number of petty offences, making it impossible to use as moral guide. While the Bible was being written, the Greeks already had a more functional code and the laws of Egypt were quite more progressive.
11. It claims that mold and leprosy are the same thing.
12. It claims that the Jews once ruled the Assyrians, of which there is no trace in History.
13. The Bible tells that Jonah was swallowed whole by a whale, but these animals have narrow esophagi and cannot ingest whole anything bigger than a small fish.
14. Later in the same book it is mentioned that the people of Nineveh were converted to Judaism by Jonah's message, but that event must have been a few decades before the same people (that was the capital of Assyria) attacked Israel and enslaved it.
15. It contradicts itself about whether the Jewish immigrants actually conquered Canaan and how.
16. The Amalekites are smitten and completely destroyed by the Jews in at least three different points in history (the first during the Exodus, the second in Judges and the third by Saul).
17. In the description of the Temple of Solomon, the Bible weirdly mentions measures that result in π = 3.
18. In the Bible God commands king Josiah to cut all trees that do not bear fruit, which means that God pretty much condoned deforestation, which was probably the cause of the droughts later mentioned in the Bible.
>>
>>53127207
you started good and went full /pol/ by the end

still 5/10
>>
>>53127259
19. The Bible contains lots of failed prophesies, like the promise to Jonadab son of Rehab, that he would always have a descendant to serve before God or the one that claimed that Edom would be soon destroyed (it still existed in the times of Jesus). But the most striking of all is the one in which Agar and Ishmaël are given a "second grade" blessing that they too would bring about a "great people". Everyone knows that the Arabs are more numerous and have been quite more influential in History.
20. Daniel prophesies that the Temple (the Second Temple, which existed in Daniel's time) would be cleansed and rededicated and last for ever. It was demolished in 70 E.C.
21. The Book of Esther mentions a Jewish princes becoming Queen of Persia and yielding a lot of power. That's something completely unheard of in the Ancient Middle East, with is patriarchal societies. The Book is, anyway, just an excuse for the Jews to claim that Cyrus the Great was a Jew, since he descended from Esther.
22. It claims that Jesus was born when Augustus was the Emperor but Herod was still king, while there was a census going on in the Middle East (the Quirinus census), but these events are not consistent with each other.
23. It lists two different lineages from Jesus.
24. The devil shows Jesus "the entire world" from the top of a high tower, but the world is actually round.
25. It has Jesus walk around Galilee, vising a bunch of small villages, but never getting anywhere near a big place, which is inconsistent with him commanding crowds of thousands.
26. It treats the "Sea of Galilee" (actually the Lake Genesare) in a way that has us think that it is at least the size of the Caspian Sea (it has tides, storms and shipwrecks), which suggests that the writers of the Gospels were not Jews (certainly not Galileans) and had never been to Galilee.
>>
>>53124990
That's pretty ballsy, good for you anon.
>>
>>53127299
27. Jesus is supposed to be a Galilean whose native language was Aramaic, but he quotes the scriptures from the Septuagint (the ancient Greek translation), which was used by the Jews of Egypt.
28. It claims that there was an eclipse just after Jesus's death, that was seen all over the world, which is impossible.
29. The Apocalypse mentions the stars as small objects in the heavens, which can be knocked down and fall on Earth.
30. The Apocalypse mentions the visible sky as "rolling up like parchment", which is consistent with the ancient belief that the "firmament" was solid, which we, of course, know to be false.

There are too many to list. The bible is nothing but a collection of myths and legends.
>>
>>53127222
OH SHIT NIGGA
>>
>Abandon praying to a power hungry pedophile so you can pray to a dead jew on a stick
>>
>>53127259
>>53127299
>>53127355
holy fuck
>>
>>53127222
>>53127259
>>53127299


Hong Kong being mad as fuck holy shit
>>
File: history is new 2.png (47 KB, 555x179) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
history is new 2.png
47 KB, 555x179
>>53125073
It's like people ignored the warnings that /his/ would be /pol/ 2.0
>>
nobody can be this retarded to convert to Christianity
>>
>>53124990
Was it.. scary to tell them? Religious people can be really intense.
>>
>>53124990
Fuck yeah America land of the american dream
>>
>>53125073
what could someone expect?
>>
>>53124990
I'm glad for you bro
>>
>>53127468

I thought it was pretty obvious what /his/ would turn into tbqh.

Maybe after a while /his/ will transform into something like /int/ with tons of shitposting and the occasional good thread, it would be better than what we have now.
>>
File: 1409322355251.png (10 KB, 449x602) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409322355251.png
10 KB, 449x602
>>53124990
Nice tb.h, you got dat dere balls bro
>>
File: assburgers.jpg (553 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
assburgers.jpg
553 KB, 1500x1500
>>53127222
>muh woozle effect
wew lad
>>
>>53127440
It's probably someone from China visiting to get around the great firewall too.
>>
File: the story of Anon.jpg (60 KB, 346x440) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
the story of Anon.jpg
60 KB, 346x440
>>53126550
>a grown man posting on an Mongolian finger painting forum gets upset that people don't think like him and wants everyone else to know it upsets him
>>
>>53127618
>>53127678
Could you please address any of the points I have made? If there is proof for Christianity I would have found it. You don't know how much I wanted god to exist, for someone to be there to help humanity along.
>>
>>53127558
No, mods just need to be stricter of not allowing every thread ending in how blacks are subhuman or jews did it or how we must arm ourselves in the coming race war.
Yes you can think this way, it is nice to have your own opinions. But when the original post was about the Babylonian empire in 2000B.C and it ends in how blacks are criminals because certain people keep forcing off-topic baits and then other take into those baits, we can never have nice things.

I've seen this shit happen so many times. Especially in art/architechture threads, WHY DO THEY NEED TO END IN "LOOK AFRICA TODAY, ROME 2000 YEARS AGO, LOOK EVERYONE, LOOK AND LAUGH!". Literally shitposting.
>>
File: 1357300538993.jpg (36 KB, 529x554) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1357300538993.jpg
36 KB, 529x554
>>53124990
>be a christian
>don't believe in it, the Bible is historically wrong on my occasions and why would a supreme being require me to worship him every Sunday
>my uncle dies, has a catholic funeral
>loudly pray with everyone else
>who /conformist/ here?
>>
>>53127771
I'm not the person you were talking to, nigger. Long posts just amuse me.

I'm also not religious and kind of indifferent to peoples need for there to be something "out there" to not feel alone or whatever so I can't relate.
>>
>>53124990
>converting from one cult to another

Why?
>>
>>53127207
well i though the big bang thing was done when even stephen hawking said god needed to have no hand in it.
>so stop being an edgy fedora tipper
fuck are you talking about really, i don't consider myself an atheist i consider myself a don'tgiveafuckist. even if they had definite proof of gods existence i wouldn't worship cause i see no pattern in believers having a better life at all. but i see a lot of scumbags that have it all and perfectly happy about it and never set foot in a church. so basically what i'm saying is you don't need religion religion needs you. but what do you get in return really that is worth the effort?
>>
>>53125166
You obviously never read the New Testament
>>
>>53127916
I thought you were trying to get a rise out of me. Not all non-religious people are from China.
>>
>>53125237
yeah you are so enlightened
>>
>don't believe in God or any sort of spiritualism/paranormal
>considering becoming a protestant for the ethical side
>>
>>53127974
It's mandatory to accuse Hong Kong posters for being Chinese mainlanders. Sort of like how people accuse Canadians of being Chinese or Americans of being Mexicans.
>>
>>53128049
Is that so I don't go on /int/ that much
>>
>>53127967
Not sure what has to do anything. But you don't need to be history major to see how Rome (Papacy), Christianity and religion in general has been used in politics throughout European history. It has been used as a scare tactic, as rewarding tactic and as a argument for dictatorship.
Now whether the original writes of Bible wanted this might not be the case, but that is where it evolved to.
>>
File: 1450729011036.jpg (665 KB, 1240x1748) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450729011036.jpg
665 KB, 1240x1748
>>53128028
>be atheist
>priest jobs where you can help people with their problems and do traditional stuff looks kind of fun
I just want to help people without going deep into debt on shitty education only to fail all my job interviews.
>>
>>53127207
>some people can't swallow that the creation of the universe was a just a random act and not planned out by a superior being.

Random doesn't exist

You try to explain something with a limited amount of data.
>>
>>53127222
This is exactly what biblical literalism is
>>
>>53127222
>>53127259

You can be a christian without accepting the Old Testament and its creation myth. It has been done since the days of Marcion.

You are as bad as the protestants or the jehovas with your disproving of biblical data. It doesn't need to be done, a child can see through it.

The New Testament is what is important and what makes the christian imo. You don't have to believe in the miracles of Jesus even to grasp the message.
>>
>>53127355
>The bible is nothing but a collection of myths and legends.

No shit Sherlock
>>
>>53128152
Of course, that is (orthodox) catholicism. Doesn't equal christianity.

There was christianity before Constantine. 313 years of it in fact.
>>
>>53128300

youre an atheist. you just dont know it yet.
>>
I don't really care for tea.
>>
>Be agnostic
>"About 65% of the population professed Catholicism, of whom 37% regularly attend Mass and 29% identify as very religious".
>Family part of the 29%

H-help
>>
>>53128522
> the catholic church is atheist
>>
>>53128337
>>53128392
Why does the church present the Old Testament as history then? How do you believe in the Bible when over half of it is false? I agree that you can use the New Testament as a moral guide but I don't think it should be something to put your faith in. I also listed facts disproving the New Testament btw.

>>53128300
Yes, and when you can't take any part of the bible literally what is left to believe in? It's not only the Old Testament that has inaccuracies.
>>
>>53128574
Better than being born amidst a bunch of Muslims on the islands nearby.
>>
>>53128740

good points
>>
>>53128740
The Catholic Church is a continuance of the Western Roman Empire with the Pope being the Pontifex Maximus, the high priest. Their choices are made in function of the teachings being adaptable to their possession and consolidation of power.

From Marcion to the Cathars and Bogomils, original christianity that only accepted the NT and denies the necessity of a hierarchy in the Church (as said in the apocryphical Gospel of Thomas Didymus - quotes of the living Jesus).

Who decided which Gospels were ok and which not? Well, obviously Rome nor Constantinopel weren't going to accept a Gospel, however authentic, that quotes Jesus denying the necessity of having a hierarchical, organized Church, that Church being, quoting "inside every believer, lift up a rock and I am there".

There is a reason why followers of the actual teachings of Christ were tortured and killed as heretics throughout history.
>>
>>53124990
>be part of desert satanic death cult
>leave false god and convert to the religion of our lord and savior Jesus Christ
good job anon
>>
>>53125286

>Implying Aquinas wasn't completely BTFO by The Amazing Atheist.
>>
File: ayoholup.jpg (81 KB, 500x643) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ayoholup.jpg
81 KB, 500x643
>>53129343

>leave false god and convert to the religion of our lord and savior Jesus Christ

Didn't know Moors were Christian
>>
>>53124990
>switching one retarded belief for another

k pham xo
>>
>>53129391
>implying a chimp like Aquinas needed a chump like the amazing atheist to get blown out by
aquinas was ridiculed even in his own day.
>>
>>53127222
>a book that was edited and translated over 2000 + years has inaccurate parts

Wew m8, gr8 detective work

I'm not even Christian but that argument is retarded
>>
File: britbong.jpg (42 KB, 636x358) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
britbong.jpg
42 KB, 636x358
>>53129435
>t. Abdul Britainbosa
>>
>>53129327
That's all very educational but I used to go to a Christian school and church, and we were taught the Old Testament as history. I imagine it would be the same for most Christian churches around the world. It's not like the New Testament is all love and friendship though. Here's a link
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt_list.html

>>53129507
It is important because the bible is taught as fact to a lot of children, and many Christians choose to put their complete faith in the bible. Myself included.
>>
>be Muslim
>life only gets worse and worse and nothing makes it better
>lose faith when I was in my teens and secretly stop being Muslim
>turn my life around with my own effort
>still alone but I'm happy and satisfied with myself
Breddy gud desu. I still believe in a god but don't subscribe to any religion. I think the best way to worship is to be a good person and be kind to others. Couldn't care less about actual religion and the bullshit it brings.
>>
>>53125529
THIS TB.H
>>
>>53124990
Religion of peace everyone.
>>
>>53125286
>Christan """"philosphers""""
>>
>>53125529
at least you get alcohol during their church services
>>
>>53127771
Could you prove anything without using question begging epithet?
>>
>>53128740
which church
>>
File: atheist life.jpg (102 KB, 460x806) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
atheist life.jpg
102 KB, 460x806
>>53129614
I'm Agnostic and you are autistic as fuck

It's people like you why atheist have been given a bad rap

You are the new atheist that old atheist hate
And do stupid shit like the links below

http://hinessight.blogs.com/church_of_the_churchless/2010/02/mystic-atheism-is-a-cool-nonbelief-.html

http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/sep/29/atheist-church-america-cleveland-sunday-assembly
atheismplus.com
http://freethoughtblogs.com/greta/2012/08/20/atheism-plus-the-new-wave-of-atheism/
http://www.christianpost.com/news/atheist-church-sunday-assembly-opens-in-35-more-towns-127190/
http://firstchurchofatheism.com/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/atheist-church/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/03/what-scares-the-new-atheists

Even old atheist are upset with your kind
Here is a old atheist blog on new atheism
http://www.philosophersbeard.org/2014/04/why-i-am-not-atheist.html?m=1

You know it's bad when even other atheist go out of their way to make fun of you because it's that easy to trigger your kind
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2012/nov/09/confessions-of-an-internet-troll
>>
>>53129617
>I still believe in a god

but why though?
>>
>>53130310
To follow up
Here is atheism plus and their stupid atheist pride parade (pic related)

http://atheismplus.com/
>>
>>53129614
So because of your personal experience you'll assume all Christians are taught the same? That fedora must be heavy.
>>
>>53129614
I'm Catholic, went to Catholic schools, and had some religion classes taught by Catholic clergy.

The Old Testament is full of shit on so many levels and was mostly to give hope to the Jews during their times of struggle. It was their moral code, their "history", and their covenant with Yahweh.

When Jesus came, he said the Old Testament didn't matter and that there was only one rule, "Treat others as you yourself would like to be treated."

That's it. That's all that there is supposed to be. Shit like Paul's Letters I've only ever taken with grains of salt because Paul was a fucking hardliner who spread a lot of the ideas and only had credence because he converted and was visited by God.

I've had Brothers and Priests teach that certain parts of the Bible are full of shit. Hell, Jesus was born during the summer, the scriptures flat out say so because the sheep are out in pasture and the location of the Star of David supports a June birth. A lot of Christian holidays were pagan holidays that Christians converted to make converting easier for pagan converts. Why else are Christmas lights and the Easter Bunny a thing? Winter Solstice festivals were all about lights and Easter was initially a spring fertility celebration, hence the rabbits.

You can question the texts and still be religious. It comes down to faith and treating others as you yourself want to be treated. Personally, everything happens for a reason, even if we don't initially see it right away. Plus, how can you not look at the night sky, images from the Hubble Telescope of our universe, and not think that it's not the work of a higher deity?
>>
>>53130440
I just don't think life is a big coincidence that happened by pure chance billions of years ago.
>>
>>53124990
>Be smart enough to figure that Islam is BS
>Still join christianity
Yeah no I don't believe you
>>
>>53125286
-t. I don't have a job, friends, or really anything to do with my time
>>
>Be in a shitty cult
>Join a less shitty cult
Well, it's progress I guess.
>>
>>53130679

fair enough.
>>
>>53130720

now i just feel sorry for him.
>>
>>53130679
no it probably happened and happened and happened and happening as we type just a lot of dead ends billions of tries and species or complete evolutionary chains lost.

see you only think about what you see around yourself. there is a compelling theory that life did not even originate from earth but mars it just hopped planets, cause earth was not very hospitable to life when they put the start of our evolution to.
>>
>>53130697
at least it doesn't make you kill a sheep every year as a sacrifice !
>>
>>53130992

>did not even originate from earth but mars it just hopped planets, cause earth was not very hospitable to life when they put the start of our evolution to.

interesting theory.
>>
>>53130992
>see you only think about what you see around yourself.
So solipsism?
>>
>>53129614
Yeah, I also went to a Catholic school, like you apparently. That doesn't mean Catholicism equates christianity.

The gnostics for example, who existed for 1500 and even up until the late 19th century in Armenia, were heavily persecuted because they only wanted to use the teachings of Christ.

Most considered themselves arian. The 'Holy Trinity' was invented 350 years after Jesus' birth, and is never mentioned in the NT. It was a concept that made the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, three different identities, one identity, God, without really explaining why. It is called a mystery. But that is the invention of the days of Constantine, and those that opposed it, the arians (from Arius, the main dissident who stated that the Son was created by the Father at one point) were killed.

Just one example to show you how all these things came to be, that are not in the NT. The first person to compile the Gospels as a bible, Marcion, disliked Jewry and did not want to include it as according to him Jesus came to change all that. If you read the Old Testament the "LORD" is a vengeful, cruel god that is very different from the Father that Jesus promotes.

There were christians (the aforementioend gnostics) that stated the Old Testament were for the most part writings of an evil God, the Devil or Plato's Demiurge, that all material things is evil in its essence. Nature is evil, as the strong survive and the weak must perish. They said mankind differed because he had a sense of the Good inside of him. Our task is not to become corrupted by living. These Christians believed in reincarnation, and that the goal is to live as such to not become corrupted so that we don't have to reincarnate again. All this is based on Jesus' teachings. He said in John that God is not the lord of this world, the Prince of Darkness is. This Christianity is essentially dualist, resembling manicheism and zoroastrism.

In short, rerad the NT yourself and compare with catholic teachings
>>
>>53130992
Well we have no conclusive proof of life existing outside of Earth let alone the Solar System and the Spore theory with an Ancient ayy lmao spin to it just doesn't seem plausible to me. As soon as we get actual proof of life outside of Earth, I'll rethink my position on God.
>>
>>53129614
>It's not like the New Testament is all love and friendship though. Here's a link
>http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt_list.html

Why don't you read the NT for yourself instead of linking someone's opinion on bits and pieces. I mean read the four gospels, revelation. And maybe an apocryphical one, I recommend Thomas. Learn why some were included and others not.

But most importantly, you'll see that it is completely different than the Torah/Old Testament or the Quran. Really a world of difference.

Otherwise it is like discussing eg. Tolstoy's War and Peace with someone who hasn't read it, has read other Russian authors, or has read a 2 page synopsis on it. You sound like an intelligent guy, I'm sure you'll see my point.
>>
File: 1438263470054.jpg (71 KB, 657x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1438263470054.jpg
71 KB, 657x720
>>53125286
What is funny about this is Islam has an equally rich theological/philosophical tradition of bullshiting themselves into thinking god reals
>>
>>53125073
/his/ is just a shitty battleground between /lit/ circlejerking pseudointellectual leftists who actually know absolutely nothing about science and /pol/ circlejerking pseudointellectual stormfags who know absolutely nothing about philosophy, theology or ethics.
>>
>>53127468
>Holocaust
I rarely see Holocaust threads, it's mostly religion threads though.

The catalog is full of them. I'm hoping that this is a phase as the board is fairly slow.
>>
>>53132151
it's all about the chemical composition of the planets as far as i can tell. life (or at least proteins) happens on it's own if you create specific circumstances, the right combination of elements in a soup. mars had better soup than earth for primitive early life. way better.

doesn't mean it's true but it could easily be true. no need for any ayy lmao shit. half of our moon is formed from earths mass. shit happens.
>>
>>53130642
I would like to have a drink with you and discuss existantial stuff. We have a lot in common. I wish you the best on your path of life.

>>53130679
I'm an organic chemist, I've always had a knack for science since I was a kid. The more I know the more sure I am of what you say.

People don't even stop to realize what a coincidence is. Or when they say "it's just chemical reactions in the brain" in such a minimalizing fashion, often they don't know shit about chemistry, the brain or let alone what an axioma is and how wondrous the physico-chemical palette really is. The more answers and insight we get, the more questions are raised. This alone is so magnificent that hearing some clueless guy who considered himself enlightened say "it's all just..." and "coincidence [according to my extremely limited data]" make me hope the person saying it would ever realize the weight of his words.

It's like a decade ago, when they named the DNA that didn't made sense back then "junk DNA". How self-conceited humankind is, and how easily people parrot these things.

We can't even get the concept of non-existance of a Beginning or an End. Maybe that is what He said: I am the Alpha and the Omega?

For myself I can only say: the more enlightened I get on a scientific basis, the more my Faith increases.
>>
>>53124990
>So glad I got out of that cult.
So why did you join an other one? I think Christianity is less caustic than Islam, but it's a made up cult none the less.
>>
File: 1423134433769.jpg (301 KB, 900x856) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423134433769.jpg
301 KB, 900x856
>>53125529
>>
>>53125529
God made a covenant of sacrifice, jeses was the ultimate symbolic sacrifice to fulfill the covenant. Pretty logical if you ask me.

The New Testament is literally just a get out of god law jail free card. Still the same god, with just a bit less retarded rules.
>>
File: DEez.jpg (6 KB, 225x165) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DEez.jpg
6 KB, 225x165
>Be white
>Parents are Souther bapitist
>Secretly listen to fiddy cent in GET RICH OR DIE TRYING
>Convert to black
>Tell my parents when I'm in the Pen for selling weed.
>>
>>53125845

No he wasnt, he was a poor toy boy for the rich Khadijah, who took Muhammad in by the way not the other way around.

Khadijah had a nestorian bible, and when Muhammad had visions in a cave he thought to be demonic, Khadija convinced him they were divine instead.
>>
>>53124990

Do you have American citizenship?
>>
>>53126612

Protestants believe the Jews are God's chosen people and that they must be the Jews slaves.
>>
>>53129614

Literally none of the violent verses you posted are commands though. Thats the big difference. God can talk about punishing the wicked all he wants but when you have a verse that orders PEOPLE into cruelty you bring hell to earth.
>>
>>53133913
The Quran literally does not say anything about conquering/killing people who believe in a different religion
>>
>>53133966
It LITERALLY does though:
>Quran (2:191-193)
>Quran (2:244)
>Quran (2:216)
>Quran (3:56)
>Quran 5:33

Inb4 bad translation, out of context, not applicable today, in self defence etc Ive heard all your apologetics already Rahim
>>
>>53133913
>but when you have a verse that orders PEOPLE into cruelty you bring hell to earth.
are you saying the Bible doesn't have such verses? Because you'd be wrong
>>
>>53134284

Show me a verse from the new testent ordering people into cruelty
>>
>>53124990
>I don't believe in Islam as it is obviously BS
>Convert to Christianity

That's hilarious
>>
File: action.jpg (99 KB, 500x371) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
action.jpg
99 KB, 500x371
>>53134364
>New Testament
why not the OT?
>>
>>53134394
because the NT supercedes the OT
>>
>>53125073
>get /pol/ shit

What the fuck are you on about? I get regularly banned on there for just saying nigger.
>>
>>53134284
muslims are stupid, the bible doesn't fulfill the same purpose as the coran
>>
>>53134394
the whole point of Jesus is that the OT can fuck off, if you follow the OT you are a jew
>>
>>53134394

Do you know what testament means?

Old Testament laws dont apply since god fulfilled the law,with the ultimate sacrifice.

So again, please provide violent verse from NT.
>>
>>53125529
Jesus isn't God, read the Bible faggot :^)
>>
>>53127468
nah, instead it turned into /rel/

it was good for the first 2 weeks though
>>
>>53125286
hahaha atheist/agnostic are normies in western europe, unlike in your 3rd world country.
>>
>>53127778
honestly I posted in a lot of art/architecture threads and never saw that happening.

The most /pol/ in those threads was faggots posting their unneducated opinions about modern art and praising some random shitty academic painting from the 19th century
>>
>>53125073
>go to /his/
>want to talk about history
>get /int/ memesters but without flags
>>
>>53134757
>implying you can be educated about modern art when it's all just a scam
>>
File: evidence v hype.png (82 KB, 500x475) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
evidence v hype.png
82 KB, 500x475
>>53134365
>>53133115
>>53130697
>>53129465
>>53127934
>>53126508
>>53126433
>>53126193
>>53126071
>>53126065
>>53125089
>>53125152

Yes yes. Formulating a negative opinion on religion is the greatest intellectual achievement known to man.
>>
>>53124990
>Downgrading from abrahamic fairy tales v3.0 to v2.0
>traitor
>>
>>53134933
>evidence
ok...
>>
>>53134941
>fairy tales

I bet you're like the smartest person ever in Egypt
>>
>>53134941
>implying the Coran isn't the Torah for camelfuckers
>>
>>53135013
>being uneducated
ok....
>>
File: t. al mud.gif (9 KB, 553x477) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
t. al mud.gif
9 KB, 553x477
>>53135071
>Torah

You misspelled Talmud
>>
>>53135171
No, I didn't, very few jews take the talmud as face value because it's a dialogue between rabbis.
>>
>>53134933
you are so brainwashed...
>>
>>53124990
So you got that
this small booklett of a relgios work called quoran is just made up bullshit to justify a group of raiders crimes?

Then How the fuck didn't you manage to see that the Bible is also mainly fiction?

If more people were like the jesus of the bible this world would be a better place...But fiction never becomes reality. You can see that if you look at typical Christians in the USA. They are totally fucked up, almost as fucked up as muslims in Europe.

Get rid of faith and start to reason.
>>
>>53135071
Modern day christianity is just a castrated version of what christianity really is. Islam is now undergoing through the same process with 'civil' laws and pressure from secular governments.

>>53135064
>A guy used to walk on water, born from an alleged virgin
>Splitting ocean to drown pharaoh's army with a stick
>>
File: 1329139260139.jpg (19 KB, 139x124) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1329139260139.jpg
19 KB, 139x124
>>53135118
wherestheproofchicken.jpg
>>
>>53124990
Muslims are to be killed then
>>
>>53135373
Christianity hasn't moved one bit senpai, problem is atheism and the church going full retard because it was losing people in Europe.

Basically they made Vatican II thinking people will stay in an adulterated cult but now all those people go to FSSPX
>>
File: images.jpg (24 KB, 259x194) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
images.jpg
24 KB, 259x194
I'm translating a game in italian and I don't really understand what means "Bootstain Pootstain", does anyone know the meaning of that? I'm desperate. In the game, a girl told that to a guy to insult he. Pic not related
>>
>>53134284
The bible has much cruelty in the first testament.
But the first testament only exists to show From wich point jesus came. It just provides the context so you can understand jesus words.
The new Testament is pretty peacefull. Except for some mysogonistic letters of the Greek Christians.
It's because Jesus was more or less a hippy of his time.
>>
>>53135622
>It's because Jesus was more or less a hippy of his time.

t. hardgreendude weedlmao
>>
File: 1444024941714.jpg (148 KB, 727x639) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444024941714.jpg
148 KB, 727x639
>>53126133
>poostasy
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 1136x640
>>53124990
>leave Islam
>convert to Christianity
>>
>>53133192
fedora meme is over

you'll need something else to answer when you get the stupidity of your religion exposed

(nothing is fine )
>>
>>53124990
I salute your bravery.
>>
>>53125055
Come on. Don't give up so soon.
>>
File: fedora4.jpg (22 KB, 480x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fedora4.jpg
22 KB, 480x600
>This thread
>>
File: nervous frogs.jpg (8 KB, 250x236) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nervous frogs.jpg
8 KB, 250x236
>was raised with no specific religion
>this made me an atheist by default
>not really a fedora tipper since I wasn't reacting to anything
>mfw I became an adult and started to realize many people around me unironically believe in entities I consider as real as Santa Claus or Zeus or who feel "unsure" about it
>It's obvious that if you were taught religion as a child you will have tendencies toward it your whole life
>tfw dodged a bullet
>>
>>53134284

Still waiting Ahmed
>>
>>53130642
>>53132107
you people conflate theism with deism.
sure, you can find a personal belief in some anthropomorphized idea of reality, but its still a hell of a jump to taking the NT and the words of Jesus as some sort of source of objective morality. As if this God of yours wants you to act a certain way.
The need to personalize god is quite distinct from a belief in an abstract "creator being". (we could argue about the validity of such concept too, but whatever)
>>
>>53134933
evidence doesn't play into this as far as i'm concerned.
if god doesn't exists then you shouldn't worship him because it's stupid.
if god does exists you still shouldn't worship him because it's stupid.

so there worship is stupid religion is stupid independent on gods existence.
>>
>>53135373
>Modern day christianity
>believing in the myth that the protestant revolt was a good thing

I really wish people would stop echoing whatever they hear on TV/social media and fact check for once.
>>
File: 1393507633162.jpg (30 KB, 380x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393507633162.jpg
30 KB, 380x250
>tfw born half turk in ghetto
>dad left mum at early age
>grow up amongst subhuman muslims and retarded white trash
>be comformist protestant but dont really give a shit about religion because its obviously a ploy in every aspect except maybe in buddism
>hated on both sides just because Im either not muslim or not "white"
>have light skin but brown eyes and brown hair, quite a bit body hair
>could basically go for being italian/spanish/greek
>people still call me a subhuman muslim even though I have never bent over on a fucking carpet, gone to quran school, yet alone been in a fucking mosque
>eat pork fucking daily and drink with my closest mates almost every friday and fornicate with girls once in a while like a filthy normie
>also racist as fuck, hate muslims (except bosnians they're ok) because my experiences have taught me how subhuman they are
>to top it off, I vote DF and crack /pol/-tier jokes and my friends can usually get fucking shocked at how I express my opinions
>luckily my white mates are there for me

Too bad I'm a fucking NEET who can't find work and don't know what to do with my life
>>
>>53135391

In history books
>>
>>53125989
Where would one go for Religious Discussion?
>>
>>53137064
>>
>>53137064

Are you 12?
>>
>>53136774
>religious people are stupid

you're tipping your fedora and you don't even know it
>>
>>53125055
Wtf
I thought this was work safe board, my boss was behind me and saw this post now I'm fired and will probably be guillotined soon for non-respect of the terroir
>>
>raised agnostic (it's normal in australia)
>gradually came to respect the social and moral frameworks christianity provides but still don't see any reason to believe in a god
>tfw I want to just be a cultural christian but that would just confuse people so I have to pretend to believe in le sky fairy and do the whole praying thing seriously
>tfw living a semi-lie
>>
>>53136774
>if you were taught religion as a child you will have tendencies toward it your whole life
Not necessarily.
>>
>>53137064
evidence doesn't play into this as far as i'm concerned.
if string theory isn't real then you shouldn't study it because it's stupid.
if string theory is real you still shouldn't study it because it's stupid.

so their study is stupid physics is stupid independent on its correctness.

am i being intellectual yet?
>>
>>53137441
Eh, that depends on what your community is like.
I turned to the church for help when I was depressed and they helped me even after I told them I wasn't a believer.
With time I started to appreciate the teachings of Jesus and I'm finding myself more and more closer to catholicism.
Now, I'm not telling you to blindly believe but I find it comforting to be in a place where people share my views of the world and are really sociable.
>>
>>53137553
study something and believe in it or worship it let it define your life s something totally different. especially when it's not your fucking job. nobody actually cares about string theory except for the 1-2 guys working on it.

so there is your answer. you can study gods existence for all i care you will not find it in old books (that have been completely raped a hundred times over btw) tho.
>>
>>53134933
we're not here to accomodate your beliefs m8
>>
>>53135337
>>Then How the fuck didn't you manage to see that the Bible is also mainly fiction?

[citation needed]

>You can see that if you look at typical Christians in the USA. They are totally fucked up, almost as fucked up as muslims in Europe.

You can see that if you look at typical chem frat boy in the USA. They are totally fucked up, almost as fucked up as muslims in Europe. Get rid of Chemistry

>start to reason

Throwing out insults isn't reasoning, it's autism.
>>
File: Pepe(Train)20.gif (662 KB, 800x528) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Pepe(Train)20.gif
662 KB, 800x528
>>53137587
yeah of course, I agree with all the teachings and moral lessons, as well as loving the community, I just can't get it through my head that there's some bloke in the sky watching me and controlling everything

>>53137778
>off by one
sad m8
>>
>>53137778
>that have been completely raped a hundred times over btw

not sure if trolling or really underage?
>>
File: Doci.jpg (83 KB, 1016x570) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Doci.jpg
83 KB, 1016x570
>>53134933
Hallowed are the Ori desu senpai.
>>
>>53137950
It takes time to come to terms with it. You might never accept that. And that's okay if you at least tried.
>>
>>53133402

Do you think it was a stroke? I've always thought it ws a stroke or some kind of bad trip on psychedelics.
>>
>>53125166
>I don't like it
>so it's obviously wrong

Why aren't you as bright as me?
>>
>>53138018
how many times do you think the "bible" has been rewritten (not to mention contradictory testaments locked up or destroyed as heretic material) to suit the needs of the catholic church? i bet at least a hundred. then it was translated and translated and translated.

i'm not even sure we have any idea what was in the original texts.
>>
>>53124990
wow amazing..
>>
I forced myself to be muslim
but anytime when I came to mosque, I feeled myself like a fish out of water
all that things were so alien for me, that screaming mullah, arabic language, I didn liked that we bow
then I decided myself that islam is not for me
>>
>>53137212
Hold on, I didn't state it was necessarily good thing. All I am saying is, that it's a different, lightweight, strip down of the original.

It's a cute version of Christianity, where you share the cute verse you like on facebook and flip shit when someone wants to discuss a verse about offering your daughter for rape or killing of all infidels and taking their wimmin in case of Islam.
>>
>>53138369
did you convert to tengriism?
>>
File: 1420251360554.jpg (110 KB, 450x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420251360554.jpg
110 KB, 450x360
>>53125610

New atheists are
>>
>>53138183

The writings in the dead sea scrolls proved that there have been translation errors but not deliberate tampering.
>>
>>53124990
exact same shit but when i told them i got a "meh who cares"
>>
>>53138415
tengriism is not like religion, is like a way of thinking and I can feel myself as a true kazakh
>>
>>53138483

Whats so neckbeard about Dawkins? He's literally one of the worlds leading evolutionary biologists.
>>
>>53138491
the dead sea scrolls had nothing to do with the new testament tho, old testament is pretty hard to falsify cause the jews still have it.
>>
>>53138542
that's pretty based t.bh, I'm happy you could find an ideology that's focused around your race and culture like that
>>
>>53125378

I'll save you some time, Catholicism is the true faith after all.
>>
>>53138553

Nothing, really. Most people that think Dawkin's a neckbeard never read his stuff directly but instead read opinion pieces of people who disliked him instead and just copied that opinion without getting into Dawkin's perspective.

He's also redpilled as fuck
>>
>>53138678
yeah I am glad too
cant understand kazakhs that go full islam durka
>>
>>53124990
so you don't believe in Islam BS and instead you do believe Christianity BS
well
ok
>>
>>53138619

Tje whole of NT obviously wasnt in the Qumran cave, but the fact that all new testament writings that have been found were still untampered.

Actually the Tanakh was revised based on the scrolls too.
>>
>>53139118
well there is evidence of cherry picking from the church at the least where testaments or versions disagreed they didn't just go with one or the other. also only fragments were found to my knowledge so far. so it's early too tell what was altered or deliberately omitted and what was not.
>>
>>53138553
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheist_Bus_Campaign
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 239x211) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 239x211
>>53124990
>come from family of batshit baptists
>not even normal baptists, my great grandmother was on some BioShock: Infinite shit
>farmers from Virginia back woods, practiced weird rituals and shit
>grandfather is in bizarre sect of Freemasonry
>mother went through rebellious 80's phase, always hated her parents and was atheist
>had me out of wedlock, I was Christian until about 12 when realized I would always be hated and forced into a mindset I didn't agree with
>got older, met Jewish ex
>hated Jews at that point but she was cool
>shit-tier Jew, reform but knew a lot about practices
>read into it a lot, decided it wasn't too bad and most of today's Jews are Hollywood Jews who don't give a shit about the religion or practices and used their convenient token Jewishness to propagate this current cuckhold agenda
>attend shul on base and realize Jews are pretty cool and realize just because I was just a burnt out Fedora butthurt about Christianity doesn't mean there isn't a higher power.
>convert to conservative Judaism
>practice conservadox for the most part
I'm getting my bachelors in Spring, own a paid off house, northern Italian gf, and a have a well-paying job lined up. Literally the only person in my family besides my step dad to not be a poor indentured slave in some shithole farm. Thanks based Hashem.
>>
File: america.png (344 KB, 469x451) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
america.png
344 KB, 469x451
>>53139356

Whats bad about that? Your country is literally permeated with Christian billboards
>>
>>53139356
>>
>>53139465

Stay tuned for the next series of Things That Neve Happened
>>
File: barbarosa.png (17 KB, 706x241) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
barbarosa.png
17 KB, 706x241
>parents are Jehovah Witnesses
>Jesus didn't die on a cross, no idolatry, saints are pagan polytheism, Jesus was not God, but his son/archangel Michael, not allowed to listen to music or partake in entertainment that isn't wholesome or references magic or devils.

I turned out a catholic metalhead.
>>
File: indiana ffrf.jpg (132 KB, 600x338) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
indiana ffrf.jpg
132 KB, 600x338
>>53139468

you really can't see the autism in that?
>>
>>53139522
Just because you're a butthurt snow chink with no aspirations doesn't mean it never happened.

>inherited house I renovated
>free education in military
>stationed in Italy
>numerous civil engineering programs that accept vets
>>
>>53139648

No I think its good irony towards the autistic religious people putting up billboards and pushing their faith to everywhere.
>>
>>53139757

Winners dont brag about their wins on anonymous message boards, let alone get flustered when someone questions their wins.
>>
Be nice /int/. Some people just can't grasp the enlightened atheist thought process
>>
>>53139832
winners?
>>
>>53139984
do you believe in elves unicorns and leprechauns? cause that's the same shit it serves no practical purpose and everyone who don't believe in them looks at you like a retard. you can try playing it off like people are just picking on you because they are edgy teens but the truth is retards are always picked on it's not nice it's just how it is.
>>
File: 71CsqhC2cYL.jpg (222 KB, 1100x1650) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
71CsqhC2cYL.jpg
222 KB, 1100x1650
>>53138183
>how many times do you think the "bible" has been rewritten

Zero. Go read a book on textual criticism before pulling shit out of your ass and assuming it right just cause it's disparaging of religion.
>>
>>53124990
>BS Mohammad made up for power
4chan isn't always 100% right, there's more to everything.
Anyway, you just went from one nonsense to another. People are not 'religious' just because they actually believe in all of that and pray daily. They also respect tradition and culture that comes with it and that's been in their families for generations.

You will never be a true Christian just like you'll never be white.
>>
A friend of mine has a coworker from Egypt. Copt.

Goddamn it's crazy how they harass and even kill copts down there, you'd think after millennia they'd learn to coexist but no

FUCKING TR-8R-S
>>
>>53140118
>do you believe in quarks and gluons? cause that's the same shit it serves no practical purpose and everyone who don't believe in them looks at you like a retard. you can try playing it off like people are just picking on you because they are edgy teens but the truth is retards are always picked on it's not nice it's just how it is.
>>
>I'm a christian.
>I don't believe in what The Bible says though.

lmao
>>
File: imrs.png (628 KB, 1484x434) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
imrs.png
628 KB, 1484x434
>>53139777
>irony

What about their conventions and fund raisers?
>>
>>53139474
>implying the religious are children who's faith in Yahweh is as strong as their faith in Santa Claus
>>
Thet teachings of Jesus are the single most important thing to ever have been put to paper.
>>
>>53140352
There's so much wrong with that I don't even know where to start.
>>
>>53140503

Ironic towards the billions and billions hoarded by churches. I mean all these things youre trying to show me how bad atheists are are literally things they do because religions do them.

Billboards, nativity scenes, ad campaigns and fund raisers, all relgious tactics tl spread their bullshit. You just want to paimt the atheists in a negative light because they bring your hypocrisy to light and tjreaten your religion.
>>
>>53125046
Fuck I don't know why this cracked me up
>>
*ignores all the religious bullshit*

I am an anti-nationalist. Guess that makes me some kind of a traitor.
>>
>>53124990
>Convert to Christianity secretly
I always thought that migrants converted to christianism in USA only to suck the local's dick.
>>
>>53125529
>god impregnates woman to give birth to himself
who doesn't want to play the video game you've made
>so that he gets crucified
cheat codes ruin the fun
>to save the people he created from the hell he constructed
who doesn't want to befriend bros and blacklist faggots?
>resurrects himself
press A on "do you want to continue?"
>also he's a ghost
spectator mode
>>
>>53140970
Why are you an anti-nationalist ?
>>
>>53140359
This.
>>
>>53141087
Read the right books.
>>
>>53136306
>exposed

Where?

>Caricatures are now arguments
>>
>>53139832
>>53139832
It's cool Russian bro. An alcoholic Mongolian can't really understand the concept of not being on welfare and drinking all day.
>>
>>53134933
Lmao the funny thing is that this image is completely reverse.
You know, becuase people like you disregard all modern science that has been proven just to fit your old ideology.
>>
>>53141430
>implying the conflict thesis

Isn't winter break over yet? Shouldn't you be back in school
>>
>>53140195
>Zero
U stupid nigga?
Do you think that the torah and bible were written i American English or something?
The various translations of the bible have huge mistakes and differences in them. A lot of the first translations were copied by hand as there was no printing press or anything. So every bible had some slight difference, not to mention massive translation errors
>>
>>53141551
Fine give me all of that proof of gods existence that I can see in the image
>>
File: 3289.jpg (10 KB, 236x223) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3289.jpg
10 KB, 236x223
>Leaving one Abrahamic religion for another
>>
>>53124990
well done brother
>>
>>53124990
>not socialist
>libertarian beliefs
>christian
>realize our cunt is pretty shit
>fat
>not a fan of the cold
I'm the anti-Norwegian basically
>>
>>53141887
Looks like he wasn't that smart after all.
>>
>>53141887
>Leaving heresy for the loving embrace of Our Lord and Saviour
He did good.
>>
>>53128574

Learn about your faith
>>
>>53139777
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>53140359
There were christians before there was a bible
>>
>>53140767
>youre trying to show me how bad atheists are

They're not bad. They're Just stupid.
>>
File: 1423572478540.jpg (83 KB, 407x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1423572478540.jpg
83 KB, 407x600
>>53126133
>>
>>53137269
race traitor scum
>>
File: 1448867608739.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448867608739.jpg
248 KB, 1920x1200
>>53125286
>Christian """""""Intellectuals"""""""""
At least Islam has some semblance of trying to keep the religion monotheistic. Christianity is a theological cluster fuck
>>
>>53124990
edgy teenager: the post
>>
File: 1422657526076.jpg (695 KB, 800x7200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422657526076.jpg
695 KB, 800x7200
>>
There are so many religions, how am I supposed to know which one is true?
>>
>>53143584
it's the one you were born with you dumb idiot
>>
>>53139562

Nice
>>
>>53141634
>massive translation errors

No.
>>
>>53130310
His posts were top notch. He said he wants to believe in God but can't and thoroughly explained the reasons why. The rest of this thread is just ad hominems
>>
>>53143584
>there are so many flavors of ice-cream which one is true?
>>
File: atheism good.png (985 KB, 1523x966) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
atheism good.png
985 KB, 1523x966
>>53140767
>youre trying to show me how bad atheists are are literally things they do because religions do them

Muh victim complex
>>
>>53144151
they are even massive theists agree that it's impossible to accurately translate the bible literal translation would not make sense everything else is up to interpretation.
>>
>>53143492
There are over 300,000,000 Americans. Surely a government that is the world's only superpower doesn't care if one insignificant citizen doesn't pay taxes. They must have better thing to do like polish all their nuclear warheads.
>>
>>53143584

Research.
>>
>>53144461
i wouldn't believe in any government that told me not to masturbate either
>>
>>53124990
XD converting to Christian from Muslim is pretty cuck
I's tolarate if it was Atheism
>>
>>53144637
You shouldn't. Start fucking women and save the white race
Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 58
Thread DB ID: 383853



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.