[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IDW Hasbro Universe Mega-Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 104

>PART 7 - NEMESIS PRIME RUINS EVERYTHING
Welcome back, robot fans! Today we're finishing up the "-ations" of early IDW Transformers with "Revelation", a series of 4 Spotlights, before moving on to the first season of IDW's GI Joe.
So: Sixshot has been shut down. Dealer is manipulating Hot Rod. Skywatch are preparing for all-out war on the Transformers. And in the Dead Universe, Nemesis Prime and his crew make ready for expansion.
>Part 1 (Infiltration, Spotlight #1)
>>93250047
>Part 2 (Stormbringer, Spotlight #2-5)
>>93252555
>Part 3 (Escalation, Spotlight #6-7)
>>93265022
>Part 4 (Spotlight #8-10, New Avengers/Transformers)
>>93266194
>Part 5 (Megatron Origin, Spotlight #11-13)
>>93269410
>Part 6 (Escalation, Spotlight #14-15)
>>93272516
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>Acknowledgement of the differences in Nightbeat's head design
Nice touch.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
James Roberts refused to bring back Cyclonus's rocket fist. One more reason to hate him.
>>
>>
>>
Straxus having a real face makes me weirdly uncomfortable.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Roche's art works perfectly here. He captures Hardhead being kind of a dumbass like no other artist.
>>
>>
>>
>>93291095

The IDW versions of Galvatron, Scourge and Cyclonus not being the future versions of Megatron, Thundercracker, and either Bombshell or Skywarp is something that will never stop being weird to me.
>>
>>
>>
>>93291221
Honestly? I prefer it like this. One set of characters shouldn't have to stop existing for what essentially amounts to entirely different characters to come into being.
It's still fucking weird to me that IDW Scourge died offscreen, though.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Hardhead's hard head is possibly the best thing to come out of IDW.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>93291229

It worked fine in the old comics, where they were time-travellers, lots of good Megatron/Galvatron meetings.

But Thundercracker, Skywarp and Bombshell were all really neglected in the Marvel comics anyway, so it wouldn't have made that much difference for them.

Is IDW Scourge confirmed as dead, and not just missing? That seems like a waste of an obvious story for Cyclonus.
>>
I wonder what these four specific characters could be selected for?
>>
>>
>>93291294
MTMTE #1 has Cyclonus surprised to have apparently found him alive, though it turns out to be just Sweeps. And he hasn't come back in the years since, so...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I don't know that I like this design as Straxus, but I'd kill for a toy of it as Bomb-Burst. Or, like, Ratbat.
>>
Grindcore's name is way too amazing for his ultimately insignificant role.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>93291311

Well, that could work out like Crankcase or Skullcruncher, where everyone just assumed they'd died until they showed up alive.
>>
>>
>>93291411
I honest-to-God expected him to come back in Titans Return. I mean, he had a new toy out and everything!
>>
>>
>>
RIP
>>
>>
>>93291344
wait holy shit, that's R.I.D. Megatron's jet mode
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>93291449
>Despite this being Sideswipe's Spotlight issue, the titular character only appears on a mere 7 out of 22 pages.
>>
This issue makes a point of never establishing that Sideswipe and Sunstreaker are brothers, for some reason... though that'll eventually be confirmed anyway.
>>
>>
>>
I have to say, I really like this take on the Pretenders. Not ridiculous, impractical human disguises, just fuckoff-huge warsuits.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>93291437
Eh... sorta? I saw Cybertron Sideways in it, myself.
>>
>>
>But not good enough.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
This plot thread will never be followed up on.
Next up: taking a break from Transformers and going back to the early days of G.I. Joe!
>>
File: Giga-Jet-001.jpg (66KB, 1280x706px) Image search: [Google]
Giga-Jet-001.jpg
66KB, 1280x706px
>>93291493
Legs on top, arms at side, backwards animal wings
>>
>>93291531
I guess it's the same transformation scheme, but the details are pretty different.
>>
>>93291530
Well, it will in the form of the Dead Universe eating everyone and then Gorlam Prime imploding.
>>
Crashing through the sky, comes a fearful cry: Cobra! (Cobraaaa!) Cobra! (Cobraaaa!)
Armies of the night, evil taking flight: Cobra! (Cobraaaa!) Cobra! (Cobraaaa!)
No where to run, no where to hide, panic spreading far and wide; who can turn the tide?
G.I. JOOOOOOOE!
>>93291616
>>
>>93291668
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 104

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.