[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trades

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 11

Any two year community college degrees or skilled trades worth getting into?
>>
electrical or instrumentation tech. Welding is good fast money but may be bad for your health in the long term. You do not always have to go to school to get in the trade. You could start at entry level first and work your way up. You wouldnt make much at first but at least you could avoid loans and debt. What trades have you considered?
>>
>>1021958
technical manual labor. Anything "cushy" like radiology/IT essentially exists to flood the market with a labor force to drive down salaries within the industry.
>>
>>1022090
exactly. Everyone has a degree these days and wants 100k to sit at a desk. If you are willing to get your hands dirty you have an advantage.
>>
Community college is useless.

The ONLY plus of it is that you eventually transfer to a 4 year school if you cannot go to one right away or you want to save money by transferring credits.
>>
>>1021958
Contact your local union. Electrician, plumbing, or whatever. Ask them about what schooling you need. I'd go for plumbing if I were you. Plumbing union has a death grip on Minneapolis ... you essentially can't do any plumbing work here unless you are a union member.
>>
>>1022227
>Wading in shit all day long for 30+ years to earn a pitiful wage

Enjoy cleaning people's shit until 60 years old lmao.
>>
>>1022230
The real money is in new construction. Those pipes have never had shit in them.

Roto Rooter isn't a plumber, it's a guy making $12/hr to snake drains. Median pay is 50k and that is accounting for all the apprentices too who are getting <$20/hr.
>>
>>1021958
I wouldn't pay money to a community college to learn a trade. You can Google about how a kid took a welding course in community college for about two years and was making over six figures. I think welding is way too hard on the body and wouldn't want to do that work for a long time.

I got hired on with a residential service plumbing company in near Houston, Texas over eight years ago. Including monthly bonus numbers, I earned at most about $78,000 after six or seven years.

I quit that company earlier this year for a commission based company. Started there in February, and I made over $100,000 by the second week in December. Granted, I took an insane amount of overtime on call shifts, but I was determined to make six figures and I succeeded. My plan is to take the master's license test by March and begin my own residential plumbing company in January 2017.

Plumbing is an excellent trade to be in. I didn't do union though. I think their training is excellent, but I just don't see myself as being happy in a union. Other people enjoy the benefits of it, nothing wrong either side of the coin honestly. Texas is a right to work state. I love not having a student loan. I bought a house by age of 25 after I'd been in my trade about 5 years. Texas also has a Tradesman license which allows you to work on select residential homes without being a journeyman.
>>
>>1022327
electrician here. there is alot of money in new houses and my area has a building boom. Its not the most exciting work but its relatively clean and the hours are good.
>>
>>1022362
congrats man its always good to seek out a better way to success and it looks like you found it.
>>
>>1022230
I feel like you're the dude from my thread that I made and can't find now.
>>
>>1022227
Which is a cleaner job, inside wireman or plumber?
>>
>>1022362
Should I join a union since Delaware is an at-will state?
>>
>>1021958
Funeral Service, if you're looking for something a little different.

And don't mind dead people.
>>
>>1022530
kek
>>
this is me
>>1022520

any advice guys?
>>
>>1022590
This is a trade thread, not a college thread.
>>
>>1022593
well fuck, I was told to come here, bc the other thread was just a troll and everyone left.
in that case though

what are some "not so common" trades? anything someone can walk into/train while going to school? or do they all require full time apprenticeship?
>>
>>1022599
I believe the best thing that would fit you in this particular instance would be the trade of learning how to repair small electronics. Examples being cracked screen repairs on cell phones, undoing water damage to tablets, etc...

There's no official apprenticeship, it's a valuable skill, and would not be a super high barrier to starting your own company I'd imagine. I know the service plumbing companies I've worked for wouldn't want to hire a part time apprentice. Trades are one of those things you can't really do half assed. You apply because you want to fully learn the ins and outs of that particular skill.
>>
>>1022599
>not wanting to do a full time apprenticeship and get paid while you learn

Goddamn, you're fucking lazy.
>>
>>1022630
>Says the NEET who is almost 24 years old yet hasn't done that

Aren't you just as lazy?
>>
File: 1451780769399s.jpg (4KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
1451780769399s.jpg
4KB, 125x124px
>>1022635
But I'm going to. Was I fucking talking to you?
>>
>>1022639
>I'm going to

You're calling someone lazy even though you yourself are lazy.
>>
>>1022615
thats not a bad idea, not a bad idea at all. I diy my own things around the house so I could see myself getting into that, and it would give me a chance to be personable again. ( i lived off of fiveer before and hate it)

>>1022630
im not lazy anymore, I am going to uni, and I imagine I cant do both, perhaps if I find night classes available. I came from this thread from what I assume was your other thread were you shit all over anyone who gave you advice.
>>
>>1022645
He's talking about one of those kiosks in the mall. They don't hire autists.

>>1022643
I'm working on it, dude.
>>
>>1022645
Quit uni, go for apprenticeship.
>>
>>1022650
>I'm working on it, dude.

So you've done nothing so far. Why are you even offering your advice or trying to act high and mighty in any way?

You are a NEET who keeps making plans for the future. Literally no one should listen to anything you say for anything other than comedic value.
>>
>>1022106
if you are willing to get your hands dirty, you have the world for the balls.

That's the advantage of capitalism, my friends. Get your two year degree and flirt with stay at home wives all day long my friends.
>>
>>1022658
Dude I fucking worked at three jobs. What else do you want? Some thirty page resume? Suck my white cock.
>>
>>1022530
>>1022539
In all honesty, it's a really solid job. In a town small enough to have just one funeral home, the funeral director has a really good chance of being a "pillar of the community" despite it not taking a ton of education.

Obituaries practically write themselves. You quickly develop the professional contacts you need longterm (mostly churches). The work is pretty much fill in the blank. It doesn't take a lot of original thought. You just have to act sympathetic and not be an asshole.

Provided the work isn't inherently unsettling to you, there are two main problems, both related to schedules: you have to be able to take possession of clients whenever it's needed, and you can only take vacation if you can find someone else to fill in for you.
>>
I was leaning towards either being an electrician or millwright. Can't really decide. I've heard machinist is good too.
>>
>>1022886
Well I can tell you that my cousin loves doing electrical. My uncle loves doing HVAC. And my other uncle loves working for a prominent home builder. If you like machinery, do millright. Get with a union. If you're going with electrical, either go with a union or not. Those are your two options. The union for electrical is the IBEW. Go to your local IBEW and inquire about starting an apprenticeship. I think you take an aptitude test and show them your high school or college transcript. Same with millwright if you want to go the union way.
>>
>>1021958
I live near the bay area in California and Genentech is building a huge biotech facility in Vacaville. One of the engineers told me the technicians all have associate's degrees. Something like biology or chemistry would be the best bet for that.
>>
>>1023476
But are they tradesman?
>>
>>1023477
I don't think so. I'm sure they have tradesmen but the line workers making the products are technicians with 2 year degrees.
>>
>>1022087
Why bad for your heath?
>>
>>1023476
Physics, Physical Science would probably be the best 'university degree route' to take if you were to get a degree before going into a trade.

Actually any kind of science that encourages/promotes problem solving skills would be good. To critically think about a physical problem that is placed in front of you and have to create and execute a solution to solve the problem on the spot would be good.
>>
>>1023479
Then what you said is irrelevant. We're talking about tradesman. You know, welders, machinists, electricians, plumbers. Whoever has that contract to help build the facility is making big bucks. The contractors are making bank. Especially the electrical contractors and builder.

I looked it up and it seems that there are ten buildings on the campus. That means that there are ten buildings that have to be maintained. That means plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc. So whoever is doing those jobs are making bank.

>>1023490
If you want to work for a fucking biotech facility instead of being a tradesman then yes, go to college. This thread is about trades, not college. Stop getting off topic.
>>
>>1023493
Biotech, Physics - I don't see the correlation. Scab
>>
>>1023493
>Then what you said is irrelevant. We're talking about tradesman

OP
>Any two year community college degrees or skilled trades worth getting into?

This is a two year community college degree worth getting into. Plus do you think someone starting out in trade school now is going to be the guy getting this contract?

>>1023490
They take Chmistry and Biology because they have the most relevant lab experience. Community college Biology and Chemistry teach you how to be a lab tech which is what you'll be doing. If you get a Chemistry associates you will also have the physics degree. They mostly want to know if you can follow technical instructions and write reports, not problem solving that's a higher level skill.
>>
>>1023507
>This is a two year community college degree worth getting into. Plus do you think someone starting out in trade school now is going to be the guy getting this contract?

No but their bosses (the contractors) will and guess who will be working on that job site? Those fucking apprentices and tradesman. l2llearn, dude.
>>
>>1023507
Also you're talking about working at a lab. OP could be making more working at Costco or Amazon than working at a lab as a technician, dude.
>>
File: Capture.png (296KB, 1920x990px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
296KB, 1920x990px
>>1023507
Most tradesman are making more than this btw
>>
Apprentice as a carpenter, average $45k/year, no debt.
Get a Biology BS, average $51k/year, $30k school debt.
College: not always for smart people.
>>
>>1023539
Carpenter is at the bottom of the totem pole for trades. It really is. Unless you love it, I wouldn't recommend it. And this is coming from the guy with an uncle that works with carpenters everyday
>>
>>1023507

You get lab experience with Physics and you also have to do reports and follow instructions, haven't you ever heard of an electronics lab, thermodynamics lab or a mechanics lab. On top of following step by step instruction you also enhance your problem solving abilities which would definitely help in the trades.
>>
>>1023541
>Unless you love it, I wouldn't recommend it. And this is coming from the guy with an uncle that works with carpenters everyday

You are an admitted NEET who is 24 years old who has done nothing with his life besides work near minimum wage.

No one should listen to anything you say
>>
>>1023553
He was talking specifically about getting an AA that qualify you for a job as a lab tech in a biotech lab. Learning "problem solving" is just knowing when to apply the techniques that you were taught. You don't get taught chemistry techniques in physics courses or labs so the experience just wouldn't be as useful if you were hoping to work at a biotech lab.
>>
>>1023557
Looks like we got ourselves a stalker.

Look pal, I'm disabled. I worked three jobs within two years. I'm planning on going for an electrical apprenticeship asap. I'm not just sitting on my ass waiting for it to rain money on me. I want to make shit happen. I know what I want in life and it isn't a four year degree.
>>
>>1023557
Also min age in my state is like 7.25. I made $8.50 an hour and got paid weekly. So it was about $1000 a month.
>>
>>1023541
>>1023557
I don't know, bricklayer is probably only getting ladies through the backdoor. Trades are physical work, but once you are a master carpenter you are doing the finishing work in fairly good conditions. The real problem is dealing with the rich assholes that hire you.
>>
>>1023581
>I'm not just sitting on my ass waiting for it to rain money on me. I want to make shit happen. I know what I want in life and it isn't a four year degree.

You made a thread and insulted every single person who tried to help you. Wtf is the point?

It makes no sense. You make threads about asking for help, people give you suggestions and advice and you tell them they're wagecuck losers.

Then in other threads you make posts asking basic questions about whether you should learn a trade and then later in the thread you're making posts giving advice so confidently as if you know anything at all...

>>1023584
>So it was about $1000 a month.

That's not enough to even move out.
>>
>>1023584
Wage
>>
>>1023608
Stop talking. I'm not OP. I'm trying to give him advice from the eye of someone that knows about trades and knows about real life. Not some little rich kid who went to college and got a fucking finance internship, okay, Trump Jr. ?
>>
>>1023657
>I'm trying to give him advice from the eye of someone that knows about trades and knows about real life

But you don't know anything about trades or real life. You've never worked in the trades and you've never earned more than $8.50/hr.

If trades truly were so good and you had so many relatives working in them, why couldn't any of them offer you a position helping/learning with them?
>>
>>1023608
>not enough to move out.
That's why you get a roommate or rent a room from someone.
>>
>>1023665
I don't have to answer your questions. Ignoring the troll.
>>
>>1023668
Rekt.

It makes no sense, supposedly trades are so good and you have so many relatives working in them... Yet you have not been able to get a job in them.

Plus in your other thread you insulted every single person that said anything against le trades meme
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 500x309px
>>1023665
What do you know about trades, Mr. Silver Spoon? I've experienced more in my 24 years of life than you ever fucking will, kid. Get used to the fact that trades are where it's at and they're taking over since people realize they can earn while they learn.

>HURR THEN WHY DIDNT YOU DO IT INSTEAD OF MAKING 8.50 AN HOUR? YOU'RE A NEET HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>1023676
>trades
>meme
When your job gets outsourced to some shithole, don't come bitching to /biz/
>>
>>1023681
>What do you know about trades, Mr. Silver Spoon? I've experienced more in my 24 years of life than you ever fucking will, kid. Get used to the fact that trades are where it's at and they're taking over since people realize they can earn while they learn.

But you haven't experienced any of it.

You've never even worked in trades, why do you claim to know anything about them?
oh right
>Muh cousin made $1million from his plumbing company or whatever bullshit you said in your last thread
>>
>>1023685
>thinking this is my thread.
Dear Jesus. Please help this autistic kid please before someone puts a slug in his head. Amen.
>>
>>1023684
>When your job gets outsourced to some shithole, don't come bitching to /biz/

Says the literal NEET who has only made $1 above minimum wage so far in his life.

Trades have and will be taken over by ex-convicts and degenerate who can't pass Algebra I. As has already happened and always has.
>>
>>1023687
I didn't say it was, but you are claiming to know about trades yet you're asking basic questions like "what trade should I do" "should I join a union" and then down the thread you're claiming to have extensive knowledge of it.

You've never done anything you claim, why should anyone listen to you?
>>
>>1023688
Yet they make more than you.

>>1023692
I already know I should join a union because Delaware is an at will state and unions provide job protection. That's why the IBEW is one of the largest unions around, kiddo.
>>
File: image.png (189KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
189KB, 450x472px
>>1023688
>>
>>1023697
>Yet they make more than you.

I make $30/hr from my internship and I don't have to do any physical labor.

Can you show me some trades that make over $30/hr while in the equivalent of an apprenticeship?
>>
File: image.jpg (255KB, 1024x712px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255KB, 1024x712px
>>1023701
Journeyman make over $40/hour.
There was a thread that had a master plumber and pipe fitter that made $30,000/month but he's been in the business for 30+ years.

My personal trainer makes way more than you do and he's got a Ph.D.

Now quit thinking you're the richest person here because you have a pissant finance bachelors degree. $30 an hour isn't shit. There are dental hygienists that make that with a two year CC degree.
>>
>>1023701
And you still haven't proven that you make anything. You're talking out of your ass. Prove it and I'll believe you.
>>
>>1023719
>$30 an hour isn't shit

It's over 3 times as much as you've ever made.

>There are dental hygienists that make that with a two year CC degree.

Until you make that much don't talk.

You keep bringing up "My ___ Makes more than that!" "____ make more!" but you never have.
>>
>>1023724
But you're not rich so I don't wanna talk to you :D
>>
>>1023725
Why don't you go ask your millionaire cousin if you can work at his plumbing company? :^)

Unless of course... he isn't real? hmmm
>>
>>1023730
Better than sitting at home all day as a NEET wishing about some magical trades job and posting lies lmao
>>
>>1023731
So you admit you suck dick? Thought so, queer.
>>
File: image.png (765KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
765KB, 1242x2208px
>>1023729
Oh he's real.
>>
>>1023739
There's literally nothing wrong with being gay.

No wonder you can't find a decent job, being homophobic makes you undesirable to any employer besides some retarded redneck.

>>1023741
So why don't you ask to do an apprenticeship at his company?
>>
>>1023744
That's not how it works, kiddo. Gotta go through a union and start from scratch. Plus that's a different state. I live in Delaware. You realize how goddamn far New Holland, PA is from where I live? Just shut up, colon cowboy.
>>
>>1023750
u mad i'm making 3x as much as you ever have?

And when I get hired full-time after my internship when I graduate I am going to be making a whole lot more :^)
>>
>>1022530
>>1022745
I live in a small town around 13,000 population we have 3 funeral homes of course one of them is owned by the county elected coroner and it seems to do the majority of the business recently we buried my grandpa using them and done it as cheaply as possible as far as coffins and shit...it was $7,200 for about 4 hours of visitation time one night and about 4 hours the next day and a trip to the cemetery, the hole at the cemetery was done by a independent guy that the funeral home uses he gets $575 to dig the hole and set up the tent and jacks for the service....I guess they made around 50% on that deal and they do 3 min a week....they have 2 large viewing rooms so they can handle 2 bodies at a time if need be
>>
>>1023753
>if and when bro if and when
>>
I'd like to just take a moment to thank everyone for thier hard work on shutting up the NEET who has been shit posting his childish crap for the better part of a week
>>
>>1023881
t-there's more threads of his?
>>
>>1023881
You mean two days, bro?

>>1023884
Don't you have more cum to swallow from your boss, little Mr. Intern?
>>
>>1023884
Dude he's been on /ck/ and /b/ as well. Not making threads but commenting. You know it's him cause every fucking thing he says is either followed by
>desu
Or
>I'm just a NEET
>>
>>1023889
>Don't you have more cum to swallow from your boss, little Mr. Intern?

Don't you have your parents to beg for some money?

Or some minimum wage applications to fill out?
>>
>>1023890
Never been on /ck/ and don't even know what the fuck /ck/ is. I will admit I've been on /b/. Goddamn, you're a stalker. You must have a neckbeard, dude. Instead of finance, why don't you study crim justice since you'd make a great detective?
>>
>>1023891
https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/finance-intern-salary-SRCH_KO0,14.htm

lmfao fucking lying little bitch. You don't make 30 an hour.
>>
>>1023891
Lol dude you should of seen him in /ck/ and /b/ talking about how his parents just look at him with shame. I doubt they give him shit but a roof and basic food. Probably why he's Tryin so hard for quick easy money lol
>>
>>1023897
Was never in /ck/ dude. I don't go on the cooking board. You're dumb as dog shit
>>
>>1023897
>I doubt they give him shit but a roof and basic food. Probably why he's Tryin so hard for quick easy money lol

Probably. He probably goes to bed depressed every night because his parents think he's a failure and the only reason they still support him is because they don't have the heart to kick him out because they know he'll starve.
>>
>>1023897
>>1023901
When you two are done doing ass to mouth, come talk to me, fuckboys.
>>
>>1023901
How much you wanna bet we got about 1/6 of /biz/ here laughing thier collective ass's off?
>>
>>1023907
How much do you wanna bet that most of /biz/ are full of NEETS that are no better than the people on /b/? Really, I have no clue why Moot 2.0 has this board still. It's literal shit. It gives no advice and it's just dog shit.
>>
>>1023908
>Really, I have no clue why Moot 2.0 has this board still. It's literal shit. It gives no advice and it's just dog shit.

It's shit because of people like you.

You give advice as if you're knowledgeable when you know nothing and have done none of what you talk about.

You made a thread and insulted every single person who responded to it using rational arguments and trying to explain and help you.
>>
>>1023914
Nah it's shit because of STEM fags and people who think they're the next goddamn Wolf of Wall Street.

Abandoning thread. Goodbye, queer.
>>
>>1023917
>abonding thread
Mom saw me shakeing crying pissing and screaming and said its time to get off the internet for the night
>>
Forget all these fags who would rather live in their moma's basement.. Welders, auto mechanics, masons, plumbers, and electricians are all in dire need and are great careers. We need more skilled labor and fewer keyboard pussies
>>
>>1023935
>We need more skilled labor and fewer keyboard pussies

There is enough "skilled labor", also just because you don't understand what a job is and why it's highly paid doesn't make it a "keyboard pussy" job.

>>1023917
>Nah it's shit because of STEM fags and people who think they're the next goddamn Wolf of Wall Street.

Become a tradesman if it's so easy. All we see you saying is how great it is yet you haven't done it yet. We'll talk when you get there.
>>
>>1023935
/thread.

Thanks for putting these college fuckboys in their place. They couldn't clean a tradesman's work boots without fucking step by step directions because all college students are spoon fed information in order to pass and get a piece of paper that says "wow, I paid money for this"
>>
>>1023941
I will, thanks. Gonna do it soon
>>
>>1023941
>enough skilled labor
Says who? The faggot too lazy to get his hands dirty so he sucks his bosses dick for an internship and a sit on his ass type job? You probably can't even change your own fucking oil or tires.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1250x833px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1250x833px
>>1021958
Try something like a Airframe and Powerplant Technician.
I'm going to school for my certificate right now.
>17 months of schooling.
>Add 2 more credits and get an Associates
>100% job placement at my school.
>MINIMUM of $50,000 a year.
>Ability to travel abroad and see new places.
>Small class sizes, so more one on one teacher time.
>Mostly hands on training
I joined this school having no idea what I was getting into and I know next to nothing about airplanes.
But I'm just entering the Powerplant phase and it's fun working on aircraft engines and learning about them.
>>
>>1024024
>You probably can't even change your own fucking oil or tires.

Why should I when I can pay someone else to do it for me?

Changing your own oil is fucking retarded. Why bother wasting my time and getting my shit dirty from draining oil then driving it to some retarded place to get it disposed when I can just pay some illiterate fucktard to do it for $20?
>>
>>1024085
You talk like a fucking woman. I bet you have a pussy too. Bend over bitch so I can fuck that tight little pussy of yours.
>>
>>1024102
Huh?

It makes no sense to change my own oil, I'm not poor like some lowly subhuman that has to choose between food for the day and changing his oil.
>>
File: 09_28_eg_0022_ft_4_web.jpg (296KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
09_28_eg_0022_ft_4_web.jpg
296KB, 1024x683px
>>1024085
>implying your oil ever gets changed when you take it in for an oil change
>>
>>1024105
It does because they're desperate for my money due to not paying attention in highschool and getting forced into a high labor, low paying career.

They know that if I complain they will lose their job and have to suck dick for money in order to buy their alcohol that they love to consume every evening due to their miserable life situation and unrewarding job.
>>
>>1024121
No they're really not. They're not desperate for money. Dumb whores and guys that can't fix their own shit come in and ask for an oil change all the time and they get fucked by the shop. Plus the shop can charge you whatever they want and if you're stupid enough to not know what your car needs, you're going to pay more than just $20 for an oil change.
>>
>>1024121
>They know that if I complain they will lose their job and have to suck dick for money in order to buy their alcohol that they love to consume every evening due to their miserable life situation and unrewarding job.

Yeah I'm sure that if you come in there with your riced out Honda Civic and say that they didn't change your oil that anyone will get fired lmao not
>>
>>1024125
>Plus the shop can charge you whatever they want and if you're stupid enough to not know what your car needs, you're going to pay more than just $20 for an oil change.

I have a trust-able mechanic that is my friend who I know will not fuck me over.

Whenever they're busy I do take it to the local oil change place though.
>>
>>1024144
>when you take it to local oil change place, you get dicked harder than your mom did last time she was on the corner.
>>
>>1024147
>Needing to make things up to feel better about being a pleb oil changer

lmao. I literally watched them change the oil. What? Did they do some optical illusions to trick me?
>>
>>1024150
YES YOU FUCKING FAGGOT
>>
>>1024155
>The NEET needs to make things up to feel better about his poor life choices

Go on, change my oil. Chop chop I need to get going
>>
File: 1451781048097.jpg (40KB, 621x414px) Image search: [Google]
1451781048097.jpg
40KB, 621x414px
>>1024166
Idk how
>>
>>1021958
>pic.jpg
What the fuck is that crap message? Hasn't burgeristanians ever heard about being in harmony with the dao? No wonder that your economy is so cucked.
>>
>>1022227
very hard to get into the unions

T.plumber
>>
>>1022087
I'm about to finish my associate's in industrial instrumentation. Definitely seems like the right labor/pay balance to be satisfying.

Also, very tranferable skills, since just about every factory in the country uses the equipment I work on.
>>
>>1022599

Elevator mechanic. You can't really train for it, have to go to a union to learn.
>>
>>1023701
Carman for a Tier I railroad.
>>
I have never seen someone so immature in 5 years of /b/ as I have encountering this NEET
>>
>>1023701
I tend not to believe that you're making that as a Finance intern. I'd maybe believe it if you were Computer Science or Engineering. However, when I worked in the oil fields in 08, we were all making more than $30/hr even roughnecks.

Granted, it's more physical work, but I doubt its harder as it didn't require a lot of thinking. You could also take half a year off and make 80k a year if you busted your ass.

>>1023908
As someone who actually has a biz, it's easy to see who here actually makes money and doesn't generally.
>>
Skilled trade is the master race profession. Medicine or engineering is also good. It depends what you like. If you like to work with your hands, do a trade. If you want to be bored all your life, go to university.

1. Much easier to get a trade than get a degree.
2. You will have no debt.
3. You are paid while you learn.
4. The pay is great.
>>
>>1023485
Welding is not bad for your health. Working as a welding you have good vents and helmets with respirators. That guy you responded think welding now is the same as it was 50 years ago.
>>
>>1022673
>>>/r9k/
>>>/pol/
>>>/killyourself/
>>
>>1026461
Alright how about this. Skilled trade/apprenticeship vs an associates in infosec and a bachelors in computer and network security?
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.