[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Satan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

Why is Satan the bad guy again? Refusing to bow down to a some moody tyrant doesn't seem very evil to me. I mean, people would even sacrifice their children to God (Isaac and Abraham) and people still think Satan is the bad guy in all this.
>>
File: confusedmerchant.jpg (46KB, 600x676px) Image search: [Google]
confusedmerchant.jpg
46KB, 600x676px
>>19603457

People have used the term "Satan" and "Lucifer" to mean both something and it's opposite in so many different contexts that they're starting to lose meaning.

However, the conventional terminology refers to sociopathy/psychopathy worship- ranging from pathologic self gain, regardless of cost to others to desiring suffering and anguish in other beings while basking in the joy of their suffering. So, it usually refereed to a being of pure evil in the past.... though some references state that that there is no "opposition" that this being is actually an Angel is disguise.
>>
>>19603457
>Why is Satan the bad guy again?

Satan is just an angel who rebelled, the god of the bible isn't the true god. Just an evil god.
So no, satan isn't a hero, he's just the original gnostic.
>>
>>19603457

Santa's not a bad guy, he just gets ragged on by loud assholes. Santa fucks with assholes and rewards bros. So 'member to leave him milk and cookies on Halloween night.
>>
There is no Good and Evil.
Only Power and those too Weak to seek it.
>t. T.M.R jr.
>>
Do you realise how blessed lucifer was before he rebelled? He was one of Gods top angels and had authority. He allowed his pride and arrogance consumed him and started a rebellion. God is not a tyrant he blessings his people the issue is people dont like rules and if you dont follow them theres consequences and he is correct doing so.
>>
>>19603457
I mean if you read into La Veyan satanism, Satan doesn't even exist and is just the image ideal satanist. I think it just fulfills your own selfish desires more. Like the set of beliefs can really help you just depends on what you do.

I heard there was some magic to it but honestly I don't like giving power to that stuff by believing it quite yet.
>>
>>19604916
Pretty sure he was refering to the biblical figure, and I haven't read much of the Satanic Bible but it sounds like they're refering to a figurative magick, that of wits, charm, posture, body movements etc but idk, it's been a pretty long time since I've read any of it
>>
Lucifer was wrong because of his lust for power and dominion, he wanted to be God. Nobody can be God other than God, when something other than God tries to take on that kind of power they end up creating an abomination, separated from source in a feedback look of their own misery. God is just and natural law is the glue that holds the heavens and earth together, it's all for the sake of love, the most powerful force in existence.
>>
>>19604872
Do the Gnostics believe in "Satan"? What do they have to say about him?
>>
>>19605165
He's just another dualitistic fool.
And no, he's not the Demiurge. Samael and Satan are different beings.
>>
File: terror-iblepeoplereminder.jpg (150KB, 850x717px) Image search: [Google]
terror-iblepeoplereminder.jpg
150KB, 850x717px
>>19604897

Thanks for the concise summation of the mindset evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NvWqkWmhTc
>>
>>19605168
That doesn't answer my question...
>>
>>19603457
The whole point of the isaac and Abraham story was that child sacrifice was so reprehensible, that you would REALLY have to have complete and utter faith in a deity to do it. Hence why God stopped it, not actually wanting child sacrifice.
Whether you believe it or not, that's the point of the story, passing it off as evidence of child sacrifice is either complete lack of understanding, or deliberate misinformation. (Trademarks of a Satanist)
>>
>>19603457
Satan is the moody tyrant by definition
>>
>>19605192
Ya know, horcruxes makes him crazy
>>
>>19603457
you people here have no idea. I've been an atheist my whole life but through many years of research I found that Satan cannot be the good guy. Demons use humans and then they destry them, the jewish elite loves Satan and they are raping all of us. So Satan cannot be good, he only does bad to humanity. Demons often come to you as angels and trick you into shit.
>>
>>19603457
God made angels so angels must obey God because they are there because of him but satan refused to obey God so he must be punished but why he made one mistake and he is punished forever and we make sins everyday and God forgives us?
Because he was in God's mighty he saw the mighty of God and he had the choice but not influenced to do so like us .
So this is way he is punished forever to be evil he is the opposite of the only thing that is completely holy or god
>>
>>19603457
they're both bad for us. Its like two kids messing with some ants. Your only line of defense is celibacy and notperpetuating the cycle of abuse
>>
>>19604899
okay its a good thing you clarified that. I had definitely never heard this exact idea before and it also makes total sense.
>>
File: memento-mori.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
memento-mori.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>19603457
I'm not exactly a bible thumper, but by definition he is the antithesis to mankind. Satan is derived from the Hebrew word "Shatan", meaning enemy or adversary. Take that as you will.
>>
>>19605264
what about Jepthah tho?
>>
>>19605322
>atheist
>believes in demons

checks out
>>
>>19603457
He tried to take away man's free will and bestow it upon angels instead
>>
https://youtu.be/Af_x5wfdNEs
>>
Satan is literally the Demiurge AKA Yaweh

Trying to trick us into worshiping him to help rebel against himself. It's like a spiritual controlled opposition scheme.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.