[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think the experience of living as a tree is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: glorified_public_masturbator.jpg (8KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
glorified_public_masturbator.jpg
8KB, 305x165px
What do you guys think the experience of living as a tree is like?
I imagine they are doing something other than jerking off all day, it just doesn't look like it.
>>
What is the experience of living as a skin cell?
>>
>>19595987
>glorified_public_masturbator.jpg
I chuckled.
>>
>>19595997
It's probably pretty boring but I imagine trees can at least bask in their own ennui
>>
>>19595987
Yeah I wondered this yesterday

fucking /x

anyway, it's like blind almost thoughtless breathing through cycles of cool rest and warm stretching. your only thoughts are a cycle of "this feels good and different than the last feeling"
>>
>>19596005
They look like an inverted lung but I have a weird suspicion they can probably hear things
>>
>>19596008
Smell. Plants release pheremones
>>
>>19596057
If you think about the way their anatomy is arranged they definitely have potential sensory equipment in all the right places to receive auditory information.
>>
File: opal_apple.jpg (351KB, 532x560px) Image search: [Google]
opal_apple.jpg
351KB, 532x560px
>>19595987
I grow apple trees from seeds just for fun. I would bet that trees experience life very much like animals do, except their sense of time is drawn out. If you could see 10 years in a hour you would realize trees are like slow green tigers. Fighting with everything they have to live like every other animal. You think they are peaceful because they are slow, but you are wrong. They are ferocious.
>>
I wonder if they experience time more quickly than we do. They seem to be stationary to us but really they're always growing n stuff. Wonder if they can perceive it the way we perceive moving from one place to another.
>>
>>19597558
this
>>
>>19597558
>You think they are peaceful because they are slow, but you are wrong. They are ferocious.

Funny, I get a similar impression. However, I suspect they are gentle when not under threat. Humanity cultivates plants, and from the plant perspective they are cultivating us right back. It's a symbiotic relationship. I do think that the coca and poppy plants are pretty much straight up demons, however.
>>
>>19597558
>They are ferocious.
I never thought about it this way, but then I look back at all the times that I've seen evidence of roots splitting rocks in half, or seeing the dandelions growing up through asphalt.

I like this way of thinking
>>
>>19597558
Plants like pine trees use their dead needles to kill growth around their trunks. When eaten by larvae, plants will release pheremones that attract wasps and other predators. Trees can "communicate" when a fire spreads - releasing pheremones that cause other trees to draw their sap inwards in defense.

I definitely think there is some awareness in plants, but it wouldn't be anything like one based on a nervous system.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.