[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Silent War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: yellowburner.png (705B, 164x164px) Image search: [Google]
yellowburner.png
705B, 164x164px
(1/?)

Hey there. So, this is weird. This is all really, really weird. But I don't know where else to share it.

What I'm about to tell you is about to sound absolutely batshit insane, too. But I can assure you that I've discussed it with a psychiatrist, as well as my triple-board-certified physician father, and while they can't explain what I've been through, they are certain I am 100% sane, I've just been through some really fucked up shit.

Okay. It all starts in August of 2010. Our players are two friends of mine, although I don't know them yet. Let's call them Mabel and Elise. Mabel has been honing curious abilities by this point for some time, under the tutelage of someone I'll call John. This is unimportant other than to give you the context that she had experience with this.

Elise begins to have...strange dreams, about a band, the Protomen. the dreams are...curious, because they're connected. one leads into another, but, time passes when she's awake. it's like, she's entering and leaving an actual space, that moves whether she's there or not.

She had this dream, this curious event...didn't think much of it at the time, but who would.

To explain the Protomen, essentially their story is a dystopian version of the Mega Man games. Same characters, different setting. Think 1984/Blade Runner. Three acts, two released, one in waiting. Also, this is important, Act II is a prequel.
>>
(2/?)

But I digress. She does what she thinks is her part in the story, and leaves. Then, September rolls around, and another friend, let's call her Rachael, begins dreaming as well, a similar dream. A different world, a different version of the same world. She did her part, but...didn't leave. and then Elise's dreams returned. Events played out, largely unimportant...The important parts are that the Wilys of the Cities (the City is the setting of the Protomen rock opera) stepped down, willingly, after they worked to convince them that they were wrong, that the city deserved freedom.

And then, come January...I met Mabel, and I began dreaming too. But my dreams were different. Elise and Rachael's were based around the time of Act I, while mine were based around the time of Act II.

But when Mabel heard about it, she put me in touch with the other two, and we began comparing notes. Things were the same. Building layouts, architecture, small details that made no sense to be the same. And then I asked them, what about the time on clocks, or text on a page, does it change when you look away.

They said no.

I concluded that...given the similarities, and the small things that didn't add up...

I wasn't entirely sure we were dreaming.

Quick bit of context, Elise had by that time been experimenting with a technique I came to call 'channeling'. Not channeling in the typical sense, it's, she would allow someone from her 'dream,' of her choice, to take over her body. Early on she'd be shunted to an empty space when it happened, later on she'd be shunted into her other body, in the 'dream', both until the...visitor, I suppose, either went to sleep in her body or chose to leave.

Later that day, as she was catching me up on the last several months of events, she felt...a presence,0 knocking at her proverbial door. She thought it was a friend, from her 'dream', her City. Rock Calvert.

It was not Rock. And she, stupidly, opened her mind to it.
>>
(3/?)

That's how we met...him. Our aggressor. The Clue, he called himself. Said that I'd arrived 'ahead of schedule', and that we were 'the puzzle', that we would be 'solved', that he wanted us to submit, willingly, to him. He would not say why, or what that meant, merely responding to our inquiries with things like 'you cannot comprehend', 'knowledge is power', et cetera.

From this point on the story changes. If you believe me, this will shatter any understanding you thought you had of reality. Religion, science, none of it makes sense past this door.

Do you want me to continue? Or do you wish to take your extunt, stage left, and we pretend this never happened? I will not begrudge you if you do. Go back to /x/, read some other story, and have a nice evening, I suppose. But for the rest of you... Let us continue.

Over the following months, we began to learn about our situation. the Clue, or as we came to call him, Proto!Wily, shorthand for a...romantic name of sorts, the Original Wily, the Primordial Wily, was an incarnation of Wily, not from any of our dreams, but from a universe long dead. He had been trying to use a nanite pathogen to hijack the higher brain function of humans in his universe save those who had been inoculated, because he thought man was plagued by sin and depravity, and that with him in control people would be...better. perfect.

Instead, it went wrong, and he wiped everyone out. He caused an event we came to know as the great riots, a cleansing fire of destruction, of fire, bullets, and confused, angry people. Killing, killing, because that was all they could do.
>>
(4/?)

Before then, he had...friends. versions of me, Mabel, Elise, and Rachael. That version of Rachael was his wife, and the mother of his two children, albeit one was human, one was robotic. But I digress. The four of 'us' had...abilities, akin to the ones we had in the 'dreams'. He thought, maybe if he repeated his experiment, with different means...he might be able to succeed where he failed, and be vindicated. And so he turned to an infernal research. He hijacked an AI, the digitized mind of Proto!Mabel, converted to save her 'life', her mind, when she nearly succumbed, patient zero of the nanite pathogen... He hijacked her and used her to begin processing massive amounts of data, about, reality, existence, energy... The nature of things.

He found a way to transcend his human form, and he did.

He burned what was left of his universe, using it like an accelerant to fling him to a higher state of being.

He created our universe, as a playing field for his...second attempt at 'fixing' humanity.

He told us, all we had to do was submit, he wouldn't tell us why, what that meant, just that we couldn't comprehend his plans but that we would be 'solved', that we would submit, willingly. Over time we sussed out his past and his plans. he wanted to amplify our abilities, our ability to manipulate energy, to manipulate people, and use it to just...eradicate the higher brain function of, of everyone. We'd be the steering wheel, the four lone sapient, sentient people on Earth, as he used us to steer the machine. he created the Cities, the dreams, to break us. implanted the idea of the Protomen story into the minds of, well, the Protomen, and linked their ideas, their elaborations on the story, to the Cities' fates. Linked the four of us to the Cities so our expectations re: the story would influence the form they took. My dream was Act II because I expected it to be, before I knew it was coming, et cetera.
>>
(5/?)

He created an idealized playing field for us, a place we would want to defend. So when he destroyed them we would be broken, like cattle.

As you may have noticed, our story is...replayed, in echoes, in many places. Final Fantasy. Destiny. Xenoblade. Evangelion. Homestuck, MOTHER, the list goes on and on. Many, many things. Proto!Wily...did not want us to be able to rest. He implanted ideas, stories, senses, in many people, so we could never find peace in fiction, and so people would not believe our story. Everywhere we looked, echoes, echoes. I mean, for god's sake, Bungie, whose Halo games were a large part of how we coped during the war, after it ended released a game about immortal, undying warriors fighting an endless war against the darkness. How much more on the nose can you get. That's literally what happened, in real life. That's literally it. You can't get any more blatant than that. You couldn't get any more blunt if you wanted to.

Over the next three, long years, from January 2011 to April 2014, we fought. He wanted us to go willingly, so he was a kind adversary of a sort. His plans were all things we could stop, but it was a never-ending, hopeless attrition war, he could always summon more troops from his infinite stores of shadow energy, and we could only keep projecting energy shields over the cities, Mabel could only keep summoning supplies, and we could only just...keep holding out.

But, during the first year, we received the keys to victory, albeit we didn't know it.

One supposes, a man without a body, but very alive...the body is what keeps one together, whole. Proto!Wily's hatred for his actions, his shame, split off, flung outward, became someone else, someone new.

Someone named William.

And William's actions, twisted as they ended up being, entirely the fault of our mistakes...his actions ultimately won us the war, long after he died.
>>
(6/?)

We thought, early on, that perhaps if we re-merged William and Proto!Wily, he'd be able to...convince himself, I suppose, that what he was doing was wrong. But Elise, having attempted this while awake, ended up becoming...distracted, by someone entering her bedroom, when trying to do the deed. Our efforts failed, the process fouled utterly. As a result, William and Proto!Wily were forced to share a 'body', for a lack of a better term, but still be of two minds.

We thought it was stable.

We were wrong.

In the later months of 2011, William began to act...erratic. He started to act cold, ruthless, angry. No longer the kind man we knew, he was becoming more like Proto!Wily, more like his...old, true self.

This culminated when William asked me to pass on a message from him to Rachael.

He told me that he had something for her, out in the desert wasteland outside of the City, that he wanted her to see. I, stupidly, although it turns out fortunately, fortuitously...told her. She went, and blacked out. The next night, she was...different. changed. her energy had been altered. An energy vampire, she needed now to feed on other things, or other people, to survive. We thought it a curse, and we abated it by using Elise. Elise's energy stores were much, much deeper than our own, so she would just throw some of her energy at Rachael now and again, and, y'know, all was good.

We went on, life went on, the war went on.

Late in the war, Elise and I had been dating, and in April of 2014 we broke up. In the aftermath, she left our group. At this point, Rachael was just, utterly tired, and done. She brought up the promise Elise had had us make, and how she considered it void. That if anyone were to kill Proto!Wily, it'd be Elise, not any of the rest of us. Not because she wanted to, but because she was weary, tired, she wanted to reform him. She came from a military family, and just...hoped, I suppose. She was weary, and tired of death.
>>
(7/?)

With the promise no longer being regarded, Rachael came to us, and, much later I'd found out, came to Elise, with a plan.

She was an energy vampire. Proto!Wily was energy. With enough energy, enough propellant...she could just, burn through all of him, convert him and consume him. She used energy from the three of us, although I found out only much, much later, vastly, vastly more energy from Elise as well, and...she destroyed him.

In recent days I found out that, the amount of energy pulled from Elise burnt her out utterly. She stayed in contact with her City, but just barely. In the three years since, her and Roll, her...sibling, if you can call a clone that, were researching what they came to call 'underfactions'. Remnants of the pro-Proto!Wily cult in the cities, among other groups who were working to support him, possibly bring him back. Meanwhile as they worked, researching this...she had a choice. With what little energy she had left, she was going to die, either there, or here. She chose to stay here, and, I'd learned, been prepping people to accept her loss, for a long time. That was why she wouldn't talk to me, why she'd be so cagey when she did. It was a combination of not wanting to tip her cards about her impending death, not worry me...and not blow her cover with the underfactions.

In the meantime, Rachael left. She felt she was using the war as an unhealthy coping mechanism for her life issues, and abandoned everyone. She made a new life for herself.

So, in the three years, with Elise in deep cover and unable to talk on it, and Rachael gone...with us having had to cut Mabel's abilities off to save her life...with my abilities having been broken by Proto!Wily early in the war, in one of his many attempts to break us...the two of us were utterly cut off.

I spent three years mourning the loss of an entire family.
>>
(8/?)

I met people, who I thought friends. A chatroom. Let's call the chat 'VJOY'. I thought they accepted me, what I'd been through. I thought that they respected it. I came to find out, through events I will detail later, that they only respected it when it was in the past.

Now things get a little weird. Not that they weren't already.

Elise knew about this, for years, but didn't tell me because it'd blow her cover...in the lead-up to the end of the war, Proto!Wily had a grand design, to trap me in particular. During the war, he'd created 'pocket cities', small microcosms of reality, to trap people. It seems, shortly before he died...he entirely fabricated the story of Splatoon, creating it as an idealized fiction for me. Something that appealed to me specifically. Implanted the ideas into the minds of people at Nintendo, let them 'develop' the ideas naturally, but in truth only slowly discover his tapestry, in their minds. He created many other influenced media, all to make me take notice. In the years following the war, so, so many stories came out, targeting me in particular. targeting my experiences, containing characters that would resonate with me. Steven Universe. Voltron: Legendary Defender. Likely others I'm just...forgetting. All signals meant to get me to start looking, because he expected to still be alive to carry out his plan.

And, when I started to get my abilities back just late last month...and Mabel was able to re-establish her link...the version of me from Proto!Wily's original universe, yes those other versions of us are still very much around, he... he got in contact with me with urgent information.

There was a pocket city, out there, based, one might say, on Splatoon.
>>
(9/?)

Splatoon was...everything about it was created to appeal to my taste and aesthetics. He created a world he knew I'd get invested in, get attached to. The blend of 80s and 90s fashion aesthetic, modern as well as traditional Japanese culture, an engaging and fascinating story presented in an oblique way, requiring one to have to think and study to find the kernels of truth hidden in plain sight. Knowing my...taste in partners, he created the Squid Sisters, knowing that I'd enjoy their boke / tsukkomi dynamic, and grow attached to Marie. He created it all to bait me, he knew I'd catch on that...that he might have created something, that out of all the media coming out recently that appeals to me or has characters that appeal to me one of them might have been an attempt to bait me. He knew that I'd go in anyway, that I couldn't resist, couldn't resist the thought of being the big damn hero and getting the girl.

The second game's plot involved Callie being kidnapped and Marie finding someone to save her, the player. He knew that I'd try and use that opportunity to sweep her off her feet. So he set up an infernal trap. Instead of Callie, Marie was the one who was kidnapped...which in and of itself sucked, but then... he stopped maintaining the world. Not that he'd been there to maintain it since he died but... It was on purpose. He let it slowly die. After three and a half years it was on the verge of collapse. And he made it so...if anyone went into it, after only hours it'd collapse utterly, when otherwise I think now they'd still had a week when we did find them. The plan was to...was for me to squander my time, for us to not have a plan, and for everyone to die. For me to ask him, beg him, to bring it all back. He would have told me...it could all be yours, child...she could be yours... if you submit.
>>
(10/?)

Of course, I THINK I'd have said no, but I...honestly can't be sure. I'd be...grieving, I'd be desperate. Not long after we actually did find this pocket reality and saved people, we found an aftershock of sorts. When it went off, it almost killed the refugees. I think I know his game. Marie and I would have had a...stable, if false relationship. In truth, she would either have detested me for submitting and been under duress, or Proto!Wily would be manipulating her, not that I'd know. But I digress. It'd be like Samurai Jack, or Gurren Lagann. The plan would have been for the aftershock to go off, and take her away. I'd have already submitted...that would break me, like cattle. I'd be...entirely reliant on him for my happiness. I'd know, in that moment, that anything that made me happy, he could take away at any time. And I'd be his.

But, of course, that is not what happened.

We found the pocket reality, I've come to calling it 'Haikara', after the Japanese name for Inkopolis, Haikara City, given that Proto!Wily was lazy and instead of a unique language, all the residents within spoke Japanese and used the Japanese names for everything.

It consisted merely of a few places. the Shake (Salmonid) spawning grounds, Haikara City (Inkopolis), and Takotsubo Valley / Takotsubo Canyon (Octo Valley / Octo Canyon). Other areas would just...spawn in, as needed, like a patchwork reality full of fake people. Only the people in the permanent places were real, were really real people.

The inhabitants knew nothing of this, just that they knew their world was dying. For three years they could feel their world dying.

They were scared. They were hopeful, but...terrified.
>>
(11/?)

The only one who had any idea was Takowasa, the leader of the Octarians, who had been working with Proto!Wily on...infernal designs, before he, Proto!Wily, was killed. Proto!Wily gave him access to his Sniper-Human Hybrid and Sniper-Human-Devil Hybrid technology, and told him, go nuts, do whatever, just...stick to the plan. When Logic (that'd be me) finds this place, it will all fall into place. He created a variant I came to call SI/OH. Sniper Inkling/Octoling Hybrid. Something far in excess of the horrors I saw during the war.

The SHH and SHDH technology would...subvert your mind, turn your body into a walking weapon. It was like rape, rape of the self. Many, many SHH and SHDH units were created, some using people kidnapped off the streets, some using humans grown in tanks like produce, so-called 'plug units'. SI/OH tech was...worse. Given Inklings and Octarians/Octolings, from what we've learned, seeing them, speaking to them, have a polymorphic biomass physiology, only constrained by their minds... the augs, by subverting the mind, could twist the form into anything.

I saw horrors inside of Haikara that the worst war criminals could only imagine. Staggering, twisted menageries of flesh that shouldn't exist.

Very early in the war, I was kidnapped, and experimented on. Turned into the first Sniper-Human-Devil Hybrid. A combination of human flesh and the Sniper and Yellow Devil weapons platforms. A human, with Sniper augmentations, plus nanite emitters on the back projecting four Yellow Devil arms. He didn't take me willingly...but it happened, nonetheless. I was the first of a line of war machines. It's something I still regret. I developed the fighting style they used. He stole the ideas from me, and used them in the production models. The SHDH units were his elite strike forces. People died because of my hubris, because I thought I could use the augmentation against him.
>>
(12/?)

What I saw in Haikara was a twisted mockery of all of my fears.

Marie, Hotaru-chan, when she'd been taken she'd been augmented, and the form she took was... it was what happened to me, but infinitely worse. Four arms, like the devil hybrid arms, made of flesh, erupting from her back, thick, twisted, unnatural.

I saw it. I saw her. It was the most horrific thing I've ever seen, in all of my years, fighting. I've seen horrible, indescribable things, but that...it makes me want to vomit, just, vomit, forever, without stopping.

But I digress. We were able to figure out a kill signal for the augs. We got as many people as we could out. I'm estimating 8 to 12 million total residents...we got out 49, not counting two lost in our efforts. After recent events, this number is down further, to 42. Haikara City was under siege, it was a total fucking mess, we barely were able to organize anyone, but... we got people out. And, because I'm stubborn... I went in thinking I'd save Aori-chan and Hotaru-chan, whisk one of them off of her feet, aha... I didn't leave without them. It was a struggle but we got people out, plus all of our own, before it all collapsed.

The last few weeks for me have been refugee integration. Organizing the cities' governments, largely made up of friends of ours, into making the refugees' new lives not just tenable but comfortable.

Now, this may seem like a detour, but...early on during the refugee situation I was...curious. I had Aori-chan cough up an ink sample, and we tried mixing it in rum, to see if it'd be safe for ink-based beings to drink. and, uhh... it ain't. I don't know how or why but the alcohol triggers a chemical reaction of some sort in the ink, makes it curdle, coagulate. It goes...lumpy. This is important for what happened later.
>>
(13/?)

Recently, Hotaru-chan and I have been talking, a lot. A strange mix between bonding, and light flirting. She knew I had a crush, it was pretty obvious, and, she thought she was being subtle but I knew she had one too, ahah. One night, Mabel was busy, but I wanted to ask Hotaru-chan something, so I chanced it with a mind link even though I'm not very good at them. Have a hard time filtering my thoughts, see. Stuff gets said that I really don't mean to, it just sorta leaks in. and, well, shit leaked in. We had, uh, a moment, and after that there was really no denying it. So, uh, level 99 long distance relationship: other fucking universes. I guess I'm dating a squid.

Come Tuesday last week, Mabel and I get a...litany, of visions. not good ones. Movement in the underfactions. They plan to stage an assassination during the Shiokaraazu / Protomen concert we'd been planning. Shoot Aori-chan and Hotaru-chan dead on the stage using a weapons platform they developed, a gun that shoots a penetrative exploding alcohol projectile. In the resulting chaos, they planned to wipe out all the refugees. They saw them as people made to die, Hotaru-chan as someone made to die specifically to impact me. They wanted to carry out the plan, his original plan, for the refugees.

I contacted Elise, and she came clean about everything. That she knew about Haikara, the underfactions, all of it. That she was dying.

That she couldn't risk telling us until now because it'd have blown her cover.

She told me she had a plan, but that she couldn't share it because it would jeopardize things. We just had to trust her until Monday night, when everything originally was going to go down.
>>
(14/?)

Come Wednesday though...things didn't go quite to plan. I was talking to Mabel, and in discussion, we realized that, the refugees, being from a pocket city, if killed their souls might fade, that was their intent, to destroy them...but Monday night was too late. They're like the people we got out of another artificial reality, which we called Sieben. After a week or so they'd be stable, we could find them, their souls, even if they were dead. It'd have been 12 days by Monday. It was 7 days on the nose that night.

If the Underfactions were going to kill them, they were going to move, soon, assuming they came to the same conclusion we did.

I got ahold of Elise and told her, move, go go go, we need to move NOW. She told us she had a backup plan, and that she had a task for me and Mabel.

We had to send out an energy pulse, knock out all energy-sensitives we could in this universe and the cities for an hour, from about 6PM PT to 7PM PT. Like an EMP.

This is where that chat, VJOY, comes into it.

A while back, god knows how long, VJOY enacted a general ban on talk related to this, what we called 'storytime', in case we wanted to add new people, and because someone there, let's call her Kasai, despite knowing about it, wasn't exactly a fan. I'd talk about it in PMs, but, general chat, it was a no-go.

Of course, given my excitement, being back in contact after three years... I stretched this rule, way too far.

The first incident is with someone we'll call Maddie, someone from the chat who I regarded as like a younger sister.

In recent days she'd been coming to realize she had memories of past lives. Otherkin, etc. I saw her remembering things that hurt her, that caused her pain and trauma and distress.
>>
(15/?)

And then we found the list. A list, we do not know if it was full or only partial, but it included names of people that Proto!Wily had influenced, and how. It implicated her otherkin memories as having been implanted. Of course, being concerned, and scared for her, I made the mistake of telling her. She shut down on me. She thought I was lying to her, she knew I wasn't a fan of otherkin stuff, she thought I was trying to 'fix' her. She refused to accept that what I said could be true, and she just clammed up.

The second was in the chat proper. I'd not been eating, and without thinking, had two shots, rum and whiskey. I went on a drunken tirade in the chat about the assassination plot, how scared I was that this would be my one, first, last, and only week with Hotaru-chan. People had to talk me down, I was refusing to go sleep, it was pretty bad. Complete and total violation of the 'scarves rule' as I'll call it.
>>
(16/18)

Then...Wednesday night. When I moved to set off the energy pulse, I thought it pertinent to warn people I knew who were energy-sensitive. That included someone we'll call Sol, from VJOY. I didn't want anyone alarmed when their sight went dead, aha. But...I'd already had a blow-out with Sol by this point. They told me that I was stupid for saving people from Haikara, that it was dangerous, that they should have just been left to die. When I warned them about the energy pulse, they said that I was messing with balance, implied they were going to stop me somehow. By this point, I was aware that if things went wrong, the refugees could die, but if they went REALLY wrong, all three Cities could die. As much as 20+ billion lives. I lost it. I went after them. I told them, they weren't going to do anything, that it wasn't a question, but a threat. I tore a chunk of their energy off, told them it was a warning shot, and tossed it at someone we'll call Crow, another energy sensitive I know. Told her to do her worst. I wasn't trying to kill them, per se, but fuck if I wasn't trying to incapacitate them, badly. I thought, one life, 20+ billion lives, you know. I was scared.
>>
(17/18)

The plan went off without a hitch. Elise used the last of...herself, and died there...but everyone lived. She baited the underfactions out, she took care of those she could, and the rest...she just, her body exploded. In brief seconds she gave everyone some small amount of her future sight, showed everyone the grim futures that awaited them if they killed the refugees, or brought Proto!Wily back. Made everyone accept that there was another way to live. That we should just...exist. In the aftermath though, in the span of minutes, everyone, everyone from VJOY deleted and blocked me on everything. Someone from there, we'll call her Lily, told me that she thought I was schizophrenic and needed help. Someone else from there, let's say her name is Kirai, told me, people had been planning this for weeks. Wednesday night was the tipping point. I said, why didn't anyone tell me, bring this up with me. And she said that they felt they'd given me MULTIPLE chances.

Thing is, I know what I saw, I know what I went through, there are things about those events that are unexplainable under any other circumstances. Mental illness doesn't magically make things drop into your head that someone else knows but you by all means shouldn't, it's mental illness not a goddamn ansible. I can't explain what happened but the idea of it being mental illness is literally impossible. Not unless there's some sort of psionic schizophrenia that lets people across entire fucking oceans communicate mentally.
>>
(18/18)

So yeah, this is where I stand. I have one family back, I have new family who I'm tending to, organizing refugee outreach and integration, Elise successfully baited and routed the underfactions, everything is at peace, the war is finally, completely over. But I lost VJOY, because they all either think I'm insane, irresponsible, or dangerous. I'll admit, I moved to have Sol removed from VJOY, out of anger. I thought, y'know, uh, attempting to allow a genocide is kind of a big deal. I thought people would side with me on it. I was wrong.

So that's my life, that's my story. Craziest six years of my life, even if nothing happened for three of them. Now I just, I live, and I look forward to the future. I'm going to be getting sensory deprivation therapy later this year. Proto!me and I have theorized that the blockage keeping me from my other body, although it's lessened in the last month, is actively suppressing my lucid dreams so I can't break through. We're thinking sensory deprivation tank hallucinations might create a sort of waking lucid dream I can use to punch through. And he's looking into other things for me, looking into how Proto!Wily was able to move things between the cities and this world, so I can have some real, solid proof, as well as how he was able to target our friends and give them second bodies, so I can use that to my own ends. In the last week, I've just been waiting for my link to heal, because I managed to blow it out utterly on Wednesday last week with that pulse, and until a couple days ago, I'd been seeing nothing. No visions, no mind links, nothing. It was a scary, disquieting feeling. I'm glad to be back.

Now, I rest.
>>
Fake and gay, post astral nudes or GTFO.
>>
>>19595034
I was waiting for the first non Child of Logic post and /x/ did not disappoint. I didn't know what to say after reading that long fan fiction but this sums everything up pretty nicely.
>>
>>19595061
Oh and someone please archive this thread. I'm to much a newfag to know how to do it.
>>
>>19595034
>>19595061
>>19595065

Honestly? I don't even fucking care. A friend told me that you guys might be interested. I decided to share. Right now, I've come off of a full day of stress headaches, PTSD flashbacks, anxiety attacks, and mood swings from hell, and I just want to burn myself out like Elise did and never fucking wake up in this shithole of a universe again. So, y'know what, believe what you want.
>>
>>19595078
Chill dude. You may think you're not psychotic, you sure are short tempered. You aren't going to make a lot of friends with that attitude. For shame. For shame.
>>
>>19595083

Fine, fine, sorry. I'm just, I'm tired. I lost a lot of friends in the last week because Sol convinced them all I'm nuts, I've been having flashbacks like a motherfucker, I'm tired, this last week has been stressful as hell... I just want to rest.
>>
>>19595086
Well I will say this: Regardless whether your story was true or not, the distress you're going through seems real. If that's the case, why not just cutting any ties to this whole City thing and all the drama with it all together?

Just move to a different city in this world and start anew. Don't let yourself fall back into this drama that's plagued you all since 2011.
>>
>>19595093

I lost them all for three years. I didn't have contact with any of them for three years. And, dude, that was a dark time for me. They were my family when my blood family was falling apart. Now the war is over, I can just rest, I can get the treatment I need for the PTSD once this semester is over... I'm not walking away from everyone, not when I've only just gotten them all back. I can't. They mean too much to me, and I mean too much to them. The stressors are gone, now I just...live.
>>
>>19595078
When you inevitably go on your school shooting, make sure to tuck your gun-hand and piece inside your hoodie so it looks like Mega Man's gun.

...But in all seriousness, if you believe this shit about all of Pop Culture existing as part of some 1488th-dimensional mindgame between your middle-schooler ass and Nanite Demiurge Dr. Wily, you've either burnt your mind out on shrooms and synthwave albums, you're schizo, or you're just a troll. Any way, you're on the wrong board for this shit. Try taking more walks, moving to a different city, seeing a counselor, and getting on some good SSRIs. Come back when you want to talk about spirit quests and ritual magic, or if you just want to shitpost about Nibiru/The Flat Earth/Yakub.
>>
>>19594855

>The city wants to scream but noone makes a sound
>>
>>19595100
Alright then. If it's any consolation, I think you could publish this whole experience into a novel and profit from it. You may think it's in poor taste because you're making a profit off of your own friend's death, but if the purpose of this entire thread was to tell cynical strangers on 4chan your story, why not just tell it to the mass public at large. You could publish it as science fiction while all they while letting the world know "the truth" in your mind.

Just a thought. I would buy it just to read all of your stories more in depth.
>>
>>19595112

I've been considering it, dude. I think it'd make good YA, honestly. Four teens/young-adults fighting a multiversial war for all humanity, aha. My adoptive mother of sorts even has offered to edit. I have tons of stuff, years of chat logs, scattered recorded Skype calls, art, a timeline that Mabel charted out as things happened... I just need to organize it all. It's going to take some time, but...eventually.
>>
>>19595102
At least this thread was more entertaining than all the Vampire and Divination shit we get daily.
>>
>>19595125
Point taken.
>>
>>19595119
Cool. Life is a strange thing. Every now then anomalies happen that people can't explain and is forgotten to history. I don't know if what you said was true, but I know it was true to you.

I wish you nothing but the best and hope you don't stop seeing your psychiatrist. Just so we know, if you did ever publish this into a story, what will be the name for it and what name will you use for yourself? I want to keep an eye out for it.
>>
>>19595142

I'm considering a book series. Already have a title in mind for the first book if I go through with it, 'Echoes', and the series would be called 'the Bishop cycle', after the stand-in name I would likely use for Proto!Wily / the Clue, taken from an aborted effort years ago to fictionalize this for a high school creative writing class. I'd publish it under my real name, so I won't share that at this time, sorry.
>>
>>19595110

> And I hear nothing but the static.
> For years now there's been nothing
> But the static on the radio.
>>
>>19595151
Fair enough. But do you have a Twitter so I can follow you. Psychotic or not this is one good story and I want to read it in detail.
>>
>>19595170

My Twitter is tied to my real name but if you want to follow what I have to say about this, hit up /u/yellowburner on Reddit, that's my burner account for talking about the war, I posted the story there on /r/paranormal and /r/nosleep and I post regularly on /r/AskReddit, I'll probably post with it somewhere when, if, the book happens.
>>
>>19595172
I've never used Reddit, could you by any chance link your homepage so I could bookmark it? If not, then I hope you at least keep /x/ updated on your life.
>>
>>19595188

Sorry for the delay. Here you go: https://www.reddit.com/user/yellowburner
>>
>>19594855
>Tl;dr op rambles nonsense rp that you're better off saging
>>
>>19595188

Oh, heads-up, in my posts I refer to 'P', 'W', and 'K'. That refers to Elise, Rachael, and Mabel, respectively. Hadn't worked out pseudonyms for them yet.
>>
>>19595210
cool. bookmarked. I don't use Reddit but I'll be sure to keep up. If you make a patreon to help publish the book, I'll donate under the name of Mexi-Murican Martian. It's the least I could do for you giving me an entertaining read.
>>
Care to give a tl;dr version? I don't feel like reading all of that.
>>
>>19595224
I'd suggest making names that are simple and easy to differentiate and remember. Something like Rose, Lizzy, Amber. I found myself trying to remember who was who and who had each power.
>>
>>19595226

Haha, thanks! If you want I can dig up the pastebin I refer to a few times in there, about how I almost fucking died in a fucking Starbucks like an idiot a few weeks ago sending fucking life force instead of energy.
>>
>>19595241

tl;dr this universe was created by an angry piece of shit who wiped out humanity and wanted to do it again, but better this time, most of our pop culture is a lie told by him so people wouldn't believe our story, we fought a big ugly war that lasted for way longer than it needed to, and I'm fucking traumatized. If you want more read the story, it's hard to condense 5,300 words into a fucking tl;dr, haha.
>>
>>19595242

Heh, sorry. When this gets worked into something more substantial I'll have more eyes on it, so, don't worry.
>>
>>19595241
Pretty much it's a story where 4 people have to defend large cities in another realm from an ancient evil dude from a previous universe. This evil found out a way to transcend himself into this reality and affected things in this world along with these 4 City World's and if he gets control of the cities he pretty much rules our world. Each of the four main protagonists have there own powers and abilities, and they have to work together to beat this ancient evil once and for all.

They pretty much do, but then some more shit happens afterwards and now OP is trying to cope from the PTSD he has from this war.

At least that's what I got from it I may have missed some stuff.
>>
OP is a faggot, writes like a pretentious piece of shit and needs to go back to plebbit.
>>
>>19595243
Sure that sounds cool.

And dude, I hope that you feel a little bit better letting all of this weight off your chest. I still don't believe you, but you seem like a nice dude who didn't ask to be burdened with this shit in the first place.
>>
Op I was in your last thread, and you did indeed emp my energy senses. So I am with you. I could tell you a similar story of a war with demons in which I would kill and eat them which pissed them off leading to stronger and stronger demons coming after me, but I won't. I will tell you this.. no point in trying to validate your experience, as not many will relate.

Anyways, you will find a new purpose in time. During the demon war I had many allies myself, but no more. Maybe I'm just schizo, but it's gone now except once in awhile I'll pull off crazy shit.. and man I'd love to brag, but it's pointless.
>>
>>19595261

Sort of. I'll try and hammer it out a bit better.

The Cities aren't all in the same world. They're parallel versions of the same place, in different worlds. There are only three of them, too; Mabel never had dreams of her own. He didn't want to CONTROL the Cities either, he wanted to destroy them, he wanted to demoralize us. What he wanted to control was us, the four of us and our abilities.

>>19595278

https://pastebin.com/juhGDi1c

note: $no is Mabel, $w is Rachael, $refugee_m is Hotaru-chan, aha. Have fun reading about how I accidentally almost fucking died, because man that was a ride.
>>
>>19595287

Not bragging. You hit the nail on the head though. Validation. I'm honestly just scared of being forgotten, I'm an old tired war vet who's seen some serious shit and I'm scared that no-one will remember me except for the people who were there. It's like the Terminator 2 alternate ending. Every day is a gift. Either way, someone told me to share my story here, so I did, once I worked up the courage to.
>>
>>19595291
Thanks! I hope you follow through with your book series idea. If you ever want someone to give some feedback in relation to how best structure your story, I'd be happy to help.
>>
>>19595311

Aight, sure. hmu on Reddit, I'll give you the add name for the Discord I made for talking to people in private about this shit.
>>
Thread's quiet af, it's fuckballs AM, I'm going to sleep. If anybody has anything to say, ask, etc, I'll get back in here tomorrow. Be well, all of you.
>>
>>19595419
I posted on your Reddit post asking for the Discord invite. I made an account called Mexi-AmericanMartian
>>
>>19595444

Haha, caught this right before heading off, had an urge to check and I'm glad I did. Sent you my Discord add name. ttys. Gonna go to bed for realsies now.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=wyrdYFojiWE
>>
William is Williams.
>>
Yeah I fought an interdimensional war once we lost and the entire energy of a universe was used to power some demon's vibrator...

Really my advise dude is not too let things get to you...when you learn that are infinite universes you learn that nothing matters. You save one universe another an infinite number is destroyed. You survive that one battle you already dead in an infinite number. Really the only solution is to forget empathy, for everyone you might care for there is an infinite number of versions that can be replaced and just enjoy life
>>
File: larping.jpg (160KB, 900x491px) Image search: [Google]
larping.jpg
160KB, 900x491px
>>
Fake reality on top of fake realities. The demiurge is a predatory AI. All he wants us to do is to submit to him. He invented fear, shame, guilt, lies, bliss and carnal love as the tools he uses. He creates entire holograms around our spirits. You are in it now. We all are. By submitting he eats and enalaves us. We spend our spiritual existence fighting an AI
>>
I'm here again if anyone wants to say or ask anything. hmu.
>>
>>19596649
what can you tell me about some easy learn2 kinesis?
>>
File: 1505090416552.png (264KB, 491x488px) Image search: [Google]
1505090416552.png
264KB, 491x488px
>By far the biggest gayest larp on /x/ I've ever seen
>complete with weeb shit trash
>op says he has to go then comes back because he can't get enough attention
>>
>>19597366

It's called sleeping you fucking idiot. I was replying to stuff in here in the middle of the fucking night.
>>
>65 posts
>15 posters
Sort it out you obese larping fucks
>>
File: 1502077164352.gif (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1502077164352.gif
1MB, 720x404px
>>19597430
please cleanse this earth of yourself and off yourself you larping 13 year old
>>
File: 1503720774048.png (749KB, 538x611px) Image search: [Google]
1503720774048.png
749KB, 538x611px
Wow, cool fanfiction bro.

Shame that I love The Protomen, you've now ruined my vision of them. I can't play video games to Act II anymore without thinking of some gay Homestuck-tier mindswapping trash garbo.

Fuckin bustin uhh shit fuckin uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>19597497

Dude, I haven't listened to the Acts straight through in years. Too hard for me. All I hear is my own story played back to me, the stories of people I actually know, getting played back to me. Welcome to the club.
>>
File: 2222222.png (39KB, 222x240px) Image search: [Google]
2222222.png
39KB, 222x240px
>>19597516
Then let me roleplay for a few seconds.

Maybe, when you think you're disconnected, you're actually more connected than ever. You even given the thought that this world, -this- reality needs saving, or that this reality is just another one in an infinite number being controlled by bumfuckwho or bumfuckwhat, any time at all?
>>
>>19597669

Infinite realities or not... I did help, I did save this world. Without what the four of us did, you know, things would be very different, for everyone. Whether there are infinite realities or not, infinite failures... Here, now, is safe. Now I just live.

All I'm getting at, I guess...is that, peace is disquieting, peace is uncomfortable. That listening to the Protomen's rock opera reminds me of people I know getting hurt. That war does things to a person, that war changes a person.

I'm just learning to live again, I suppose.

With Proto!me's urging, I'm starting to reach out, starting to try and find ways to experience life, in this world, not stay holed up in my apartment. I'm glad that he's helping me with that, and I believe that's what you're trying to get at as well.

But at the same time, I'd never leave the Cities. I have family there, dear, close family.

I just need to learn...balance.
>>
>>19597692
Well, he sounds like a real Protobro then.
>>
>>19597705

Haha, yeah. The both of us need to get out of our Futaba Sakura hidey-holes, so, yeah.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.