[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dreams and hallucinations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: wantingtodie.jpg (225KB, 1484x1484px) Image search: [Google]
wantingtodie.jpg
225KB, 1484x1484px
ITT: any stories about (lucid) dreams/sleep paralysis/hallucinations

i'll start

background info: i think i have sleep apnea but i haven't had a doctor say i do yet. i only realized that it might be the case recently. Insomnia runs in my family and I've never talked to anyone about this in detail but ive always suspected i had social anxiety or schizophrenia. i tend to zone out a lot an stare at people.i have a weird habit of trying to pull small pieces of skin off my face for no reason and sometimes hear voices saying my name. usually it sounds like its coming from behind me or from right next to me. usually when im in a place with a lot of people talking at once i hear someone say my name and look at them. i then realize they arent talking about me and then i hear someone else say my name coming from another direction until it feels like everyone in the room is chanting my name. sometimes when i hear people laugh i think theyre laughing about me even if i dont know them. i heard the UNA bomber had that problem too

>be me
>no motivation to move on with life or really do anything
>i only get along with two other people, both of them diagnosed with some mental problems
>one has literal brain damage, other has ADHD and takes meds for it, some other normal freinds
>never get a good amount of sleep
>gets so bad i dont even open my eyes until 30 minutes i after i get out of bed
>this happens every day
>sometimes i just lay down in bed and think about things
>stay up for hours at a time just thinking or trying to fall asleep
>one time i feel like fucking around on my phone
>turn on phone and do some shit, i dont even remember what i did
>put phone right next to me on bed
>moments later decide i want to use it again
>look at where i left phone
>see colorful but blurry outline of phone in its place
>what the fuck
>look around
>phone is on the other side of the room
>stay awake until i need to get out of bed to go to school

whats wrong with me because something sure is
>>
>>19593806
This happened when i was somewhat young.
>When My father would put me and my brother to sleep he would lock hands (like fingers enter -locking) before turning off the lights
>one night my father is away for a business trip
>Go to bed normally
>Open my eyes at one point
>See my father with his hand outstretched for the hand lock
>I extent my hand to his
>father dissipates
>realize that didn't even look like my father
>look like a blurry red man made of small particles
>only after it dissipated did i realize that wasn't my father
>don't even understand why i thought it was my father
>>
>>19593867
sometimes i see shadows and shit when its really dark and i cant see anything anyway. that thing with the phone doesnt happen as much as the voices and just random noises i hear when it gets quite. i guess you're different
>>
>>19593889
actually I do most of the same things you do minus the voices saying my name, at least not anymore (there were periods in my childhood where it would happen why i tried to sleep but it stopped after a while)
Like down to the tee, pick my face, zone out and shit.
This summer I've had days where I've stayed up the entire night, unable to sleep.
We're more similar than you think, however that incident i think might have more to do with my house as some where shit as happened to me in there.
>>
>>19593926
i didnt mention this, but do you ever pace and just walk around for no reason? i also try to predict or remember certain conversations and i find myself whispering the entire convo to myself, both sides of it like im talking to myself. i used to whisper something to myself right after i said it out loud for no reason and woudnt even hear myself say it sometimes. i have some cousins that say they have done that too.
>>
>>19593983
Exactly fucking this, part of the reason (i think at least maybe) some of the other random noise and other voices stopped for is that i gave that other side (when talking to yourself) a name and personality of his own.
Like he doesn't talk over me when i think, its like we switch and shit.
Helped out a lot.
>>
>>19594012
the noises and voices are really fucking things up for me, if it worked for you i dont kno wwhy it wouldnt work for me. maybe i should try this but keep it a secret since people will do anything to avoid me if they knew. i guess ill just talk to my other side in the shower or when im completely alone.

did you ever chew on your shirt or rock back and forth in your chair? my dad does the rocking back and forth thing i heard both of those happen to people with some form of autism, but im not too sure about that
>>
>>19594041
I chewed on my shirt a little when I was younger, sometimes I would rock back and forth in my chair.
I doubt autism is the cause of this shit.
Make sure to let your other side like grow organically, like you don't want some fight club shit happening.
Sometimes I feel more like him then i do me, but its not a bad thing because we want the same things.
Don't let him become like a bad problem though, don't want some fight club shit happening.
>>
>>19594074
did you put much thought into the name and personality or was it something that you basically pulled out of your ass?

Did you ever tell anyone about your other side?
>>
>>19594087
The name kinda came to/ I came up with as i talked with him more.

I never told anybody about him because that kinda of shit is what gets you put in a mental hospital.
And he kinda doesn't want us to be locked up forever.
>>
>>19594108
Personality wise, its like he has traits i don't have normally, like confidence and charisma.
its like we complete each other in a way, cover each others short comings.
>>
>>19593806
Okay
>I started having vivid as fuck lucid dreams and sleep paralysis for around a week following a music festival
>spent 4+ days taking lots of drugs (MDMA, Ketamine and Weed) and having an irregular sleeping pattern
>when I come home and try to sleep that night, every time I get near to falling asleep, I feel this jolt as if I'd had an electric shock and immediately move my head.
>This happens at least ten times that night, preventing me from sleeping for hours and scaring me
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/creativity-way-life/201107/fireworks-or-brain-zaps
>I would awake from my sleep completely paralysed, often face down as that is the way I would sleep, terrified I was going to stop breathing
>Throughout the day I get really tired, but every time I start to nod asleep I have one of these brain zaps, and this continues into the night, except the second night I start to Lucid dream
>I can't remember what I would dream about these first few nights, but I would wake up paralyzed in my sleep, fall back asleep to a lucid dream I could control, then repeat that about 3 times in the night.
>This happens for 4 more nights, each making the day agony as I feel like a zombie from lack of sleep, as well as being terrified of these brain zaps (I would literally be falling asleep at work and feel my whole body twist awake)
>The last night it happens I remember it well, I fell asleep after an hour or two of twitching awake, into a lucid dream. This time I remember thinking "fuck it, I'm going to have some fun"
>dream up this hot girl and start to have sex with her, and while I'm asleep I even had the thought to try make my sleeping body wank myself off during the dream
>Feels good man, like I was really wanking BUT
>I woke up completely stuck in place, sat upright in my bed, and in my doorway was this black figure that looked like a ringwraith off lord of the rings. I stared at it for like a minute, completely frozen stiff
(cont)
>>
>>19594126
(cont)
>I managed to move myself and rub my eyes, and where the figure was it was just a shadow
>But I am sure it was real and not a dream, it completely terrified me and after that I stopped having the brain zaps, lucid dreams and sleep paralysis.
Has anyone else had experience with these brain zaps before? That was a pretty crazy week for me, every night I was going into dreams that I had complete control over, and then awaking to paralysis. It was terrifying, and I think if anyone wants to get into Lucid dreaming, it has to have been the brain zaps that were doing it.

I think just as I were getting into my dream state they would awake me, just enough times for me to lucid dream.
>>
>>19594115
cover each others short comings? would you try to act like your other side to get yourself out of shitty situations or something? Did you ask your voice for advice? did anything the voice tell you become important? sorry for so many questions, i just cant bring myself to ask anyone in real life
>>
>>19594137
He helped get over some depression a couple times.
Sometimes when I act like him, its like hes in more control, like I'm still there when it happens but like more of an after thought like I'm the background almost.
I ask him for advice all the time, hes said important shit in the past, but hes made it clear that hes still a part of me and doesn't know anymore than i do, its like a different perspective.
>>
>>19594136
I think ive had random convulsions but i dont its ever been in my whole body. sometimes my hand becomes a claw shape and i slap my leg or whatever is below my hand at the time, but this only happens during the day. Did you ever have one of those brain zaps before or after that period of time when they were really common?
>>
>>19594153
Never before or after. It was really scary for like a week, and I am sure it was the drugs that caused it.

It felt like a vicious cycle; I wouldn't be able to sleep as I'd be having these zaps, and then throughout the day I would have more zaps because of the lack of sleep
>>
>>19594149
now that you say it like that i think i sorta do have this side but hes sorta sneaky. once i was thinking about what i would do if someone broke into my house while i was home alone and lots of thoughts about how to not only escape and save myself filled my head, i also had a lot of ideas about how to kill the home invaders. the thoughts seem like they were coming from outside of my head. the murder methods all came at once sorta like some part of my brain had a whole written report on this shit ready for me, things about setting them on fire with bleach, hand sanitizer and matches and knocking them out so i can drown one in the toilet in the bathroom. not once did i think about grabbing a kitchen knife or just leaving, it was really inhumane fucked up way sof getting rid of them. ive also thought of ways to kill random people at school in bathrooms and storage closets, even people i would normally like. some of these i could tell came from my own head just out of boredom, but some seemed like something else.
>>
>>19594182
Embrace him, give a name so you can quiet the other voices and noise.
Yeah my other side can get kinda murderous at times but asked him to lay off of it for the most part. Hes still like that but doesn't say those things unless I need them.
>>
>>19594168
that sounds terrible. you said it mightve been drugs that caused it, did you mean drugs that you were using before it began or the drugs you used because it? I think you phrased something wrong I don't really understand what your saying.
>>
>>19594190
you know a lot about this.How long did it take you to figure this shit out?
>>
>>19594207
Its been about four years now since i gave him his name (or he gave himself a name or whatever) but in the beginning i didn't really realize that i wasn't just talking to myself, i was talking him.
After a few months i realized what was going on and he started to help even more.
>>
OP honestly a neurologist would be best qualified on the issues.

However, I think you need to cleanse your body. Your pic shows me you need a better diet, sleep pattern, exercise, and more hydration.

We absorb so many chemicals in drinks, food, air, etc. that our brain's center deviates and causes various maladies. Reset yourself physically with small steps in the right direction.

Second, you need to not connect your past conceptions of yourself with the present. Normally people who have a hard time socializing with others are usually doubting themselves in some way. I liked your genuine smile in the pic and believe there's good inside of you. Reset yourself emotionally and join some hobby groups.

While there are always spiritual aspects, people will blow them way out of proportion and focus on them and neglect more tangible ways to fix one's health. The small things matter!
>>
>>19593806

>Be around, 8 or 9 at the time, a month into moving into a new house
>Had to share a room with my older sister
>Pretty tiny room, both of our beds are pushed against the walls, parallel to each other, she had the window over her bed
>One night I remember opening my eyes, and started staring at my side of the wall, felt really weird, not sure why I'm awake
>Suddenly see a light on the wall, as if someone opened the window blinds to peek outside
>Turn over thinking my sister must of woken up too
>Watches as a dark silhouette of a man glides across the window and merges with shadows in the room
>fall back asleep immediately after witnessing this

To clarify a few things, the window has a view of the entire backyard. At the time I had a guard dog who would bite the shit out of any stranger. And I do remember asking my dad if he happened to go outside that night, he said no. This was the first time I saw the shadow man, or at least to my memory.
>>
>>19594240
To add one more thing, I believe when you do the small easy things right, one's ambition naturally grows to bigger goals. The feeling of being stuck can stop anyone from doing what they want. Remember the biggest goals are really a series of small steps!
>>
>>19594240
Well thanks for your advice, but the pic isnt me, thats just a reaction pic i found on /b/ and its purpose is to show the anxiety and confusion i feel when i think about this subject. I am currently trying to join some hobby groups and start doing drama and track, also most of the things i wrote still affect me today and i dont really know how to get rid of them without talking to someone about it in person which i really dont want to do.
>>
>>19594254
I've experienced something similar where i saw something strange in the middle of the night and immediately fell asleep after seeing it.

>be maybe 10
>at some point in the night i remember sitting up
>see my sister sitting up on my bed with laptop
>suddenly screams loudly
>i feel a falling sensation and i fall asleep
>in the morning shes gone
>ask family about it
>nobody heard her scream
>my sister said she remembers it happening but something about how she said it made me think she was lying for some reason
>>
The pic is creepy dude.

Everytime I see an overly happy person they either sold their soul, or they molest children or both. Toothy, glassy eyed obese fake happy bastards

NORMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_GruNNmbKM
>>
>>19594309
everything on /b/ is really hard to look at i dont blame you
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (13KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
13KB, 280x180px
>>19594292
god i wish someone in my family would see it with me so i don't seem crazy, which reminds me of another instance of the shadow man

second instance of the shadow man

>About a year after that strange event
>Dad is in the military and gets deployed
>To comfort myself as I'm really close to him, I sleep in his side of the bed with my mom
>There's only me, my mom, and my sister in the household
>One night awaken again by strange feeling
>Notice that the master bathroom door is left open
>Theres a man standing in bathroom staring at me
>It's him again
>This time I'm terrified, start screaming and kicking at my mom to wake the fuck up
>Immediately she turns on the lights and ask me whats wrong
>Of course the shadow man disappears as soon as she's awake and I'm left explaining to her what happen
>Reassures me it was a dream despite me saying I was clearly awake
>She sees I'm still really shaky and leaves a lamp light on in order to placate me
>Doesn't appear again and somehow manage to fall back asleep

because of this, doors left ajar makes me really uncomfortable
>>
>>19594360
My room is across from a bathroom where the door is usually open, ive never had something that specific happen to me but doors in that position make me uncomfortable too
>>
>>19594367
he's a bit finicky about how he approaches me I find, its like he knows it makes me uncomfortable but either doesn't care or finds it amusing

final story

>Be 15 now, moved into a new house but still living in same town
>It's a bigger house, new, I get my own room
>Same deal, fall asleep and awaken in the middle of the night by strange feeling
>This time I can't move, and my eyes keep opening and closing on their own
>Bedroom door opens, surprise surprise its the shadow man
>He glides into my room, but slightly out of character he decides to sit on my bedside
>It's the closest he ever gotten to me
>Decides to not be a pussy like before, may have to do with the fact I'm older and bigger now, and stare him down best I could
>Suddenly he puts his hand on top of mine, it's oddly warm
>Notice now that i hear a humming sound
>Eyes close one finally time, before I wake up once more i guess for real this time, its morning now
>My hand twitches uncontrollably for a moment

he still visits me from time to time, wish i knew exactly what he is
>>
>>19594455
i never physically felt something touch me damn
>>
I do lsd quite a bit and it showed how real things can be if you convince yourself of something but there's been four of five times I can honestly say things were out of my hand and religious. I'd take it to mean more if I had a religious experience not on lsd. Ive experienced an ego death and became apart of everything, everything was emanating out of this sphere and was just light and love. It's consciousness became mine.

I've had continuous shocks to my brain forcing open my third eye showing me infinite planes of existence, that everything is now, that we're microcosms, that gods consciousness permeates everything, how key awareness is, and an image of bursting from my senses

One night had love energy spilling out of my chest, when it ended I was lethargic, happy, content filled with love and then third density entities showed up and ended the entire good vibe.

I woke from the dream one time just get black holed back into my body, forced to bow down to Christ, and then told I'd be a light in the darkness.

That last one really messed with my head as it contradicted my earlier thoughts on god being an all loving permeating consciousness.
>>
>>19594464
hand or back, doesn't happen too often but when it does every time its warm and my body twitches where he touches me
>>
>>19594466
shit sounds scary dude, and sort of like some gnosticism experience
>>
>>19594499
I've noticed that reading up on here. Dude that last one really did scare the fuck out of me. He was so pissed and angry at me. END CHRISTS SUFFERING!, submit your will! Over and over. Christ did make me feel born again and brand new though so I'm super lost
>>
I was trying to sleep in the living room, and what felt like a second I woke up to my grandma coming out of the room, walking to the living room and that she heard a cat, a few seconds later I hear it too at the stairs leading the the main door way. a white cat came up, jumped on the living room table and started to dance on it's hind legs. I felt weird, feeling as I shouldn't be watching. and I literally awoke a second later, sweating.
>>
This happened once and it scared the shit out of me.
Somebody told me it was dream paralysis but i didn't see a shit.

>be me
>sleeping at exgf place
>turns out we were good friends back in the days
>she was in a bed, i was in the other one
>i was looking at the wall
>suddenly i hear a soft voice
>"aren't you going to come here?"
>jee, does she want the d?
>turns around
>she's asleep as fuck
>almost snoring and shit
>i turn around and try to sleep again
>somehow i was watching the wall i had in front of me, despite of having my eyes closed
>whisper starts again
>"don't you wanna fuck me?"
>i decided not to move.
>"c'mon, i know you want it"
>literally feel something in my leg, trying to reach my cock
>I didn't move at all
>"well... if you don't wan't..."
>and then i heard the highest screech in my ear
>going stronger and stronger
>it fucking made me chill from the very center of my spine
>I was so scared i couldn't move
>I forced myself to do it and finally could do it
>I was so rigid that my neck crunched when i turned around
>nothing
>all silent and ok
>called my ex. Didn't respond, but i heard her snoring.

It has happened once more since that time. Always when I look at the wall. Same screeching sound, same feeling that something is behind me.
>>
>>19593806
Also consider looking up schizoid and schizotypal personality disorders. They're similar to schizophrenia but nowhere near as severe
>>
>>19595744
Once when i was sleeping i just heard a loud bang that sounded like i was coming from the inside of my head. sounds sorta like what happened to you
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.