[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that when AI observes the world (see pic related) it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1 NwdWdwRQS3h7E-tqoO7UyQ.jpg (284KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
1 NwdWdwRQS3h7E-tqoO7UyQ.jpg
284KB, 1200x674px
Why is it that when AI observes the world (see pic related) it is almost identical to a high dose of psychedelics?

Pretty interesting if you ask me...

Could this be what reality truly looks like?
>>
>>19590503

That isn't A.I observing the "world". That's what happens when you tell A.I to see only a specific thing in a picture that may or may not have that thing then tell it to render what it sees.
>>
>>19590503
pic related is an example of an artificial neural network attempting to invoke invariant views of things it has been rigorously trained to recognise. Given an image devoid of concrete matches, the ANN will attempt to search for any patterns within the image that match the size/shape/ratios/orientation the object invariant forms it already understands.
>>
Hmm alrighty but still you have to admit this is the closest representation of a trip I have ever seen...
>>
>>19590503
Because it was designed to do that
>>
File: 1503669744925.jpg (173KB, 1004x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1503669744925.jpg
173KB, 1004x1075px
AI is less complex than the unadulterated brain.
>>
File: Mescaline.png (8KB, 440x242px) Image search: [Google]
Mescaline.png
8KB, 440x242px
>>19590510
>>19590516
>>19590519
As a person who has taken psychedelics dozens of times AND studied computer engineering i find the picture quite informative.

My theory is that we do NOT see the world but rather our OWN mental projection of the world with as many "updates" as we can handle. There is just too much data that we are receiving to EVER analyze and understand it all in any reasonable amount of brain computing time.

One thing about psychedelics is that they often "break" the reality simulating functions of our brains. A good example is the "trails" one sees when seeing moving things in bright light. Your brain is ALWAYS seeing those trails, but you know that they not "real", but rather, a visual artifact of your neuro-optic system. In your artificially created world these trails are removed. On psychedelics you see things AS they ARE, NOT as you BELIEVE then to be.

Another example is seeing vines and tentacles on solid colors like walls or the sky. This is actually the capillaries in your retina that your brain also "removes" because they are not "real" (and yet, are part of the visual input stream).

You can break this projected reality system right now. Just gently rub your eyes a little and then look at a solid light colored surface in bright light. The little "things" swimming around are actually the red blood cells in your retina capillaries that you brain normally REMOVES from your projected reality.

On psychedelic you realize that your entire perception of the world is just a projection of your own thoughts. That there is a fundamental reality to things that CAN NOT be altered by causing your brain to malfunction. On a high enough dose of psychedelics your very concept of "self" (ego) will dissolve away as you realize that your very existence (as you perceive it) is just another part of this projected reality your brain is making. The REAL eternal, unalterable YOU is beyond this projection and can NOT be altered by any drug or thought pattern.
>>
>>19590728
>A good example is the "trails" one sees when seeing moving things in bright light. Your brain is ALWAYS seeing those trails, but you know that they not "real", but rather, a visual artifact of your neuro-optic system. In your artificially created world these trails are removed.
I always see those. I've never taken psychedelics at all.
>>
>>19590728
The trails aren't part of reality, nor the vessels in your eyes part of a wall, thus neither of are what we are 'really' looking at. Not saying what we do see is 100% reality though, there's some written works on things like that
>>
>>19590851
Do you mean the short blur left in the wake of a fast moving object?
>>
File: dogs_cant_look_up.jpg (70KB, 700x1100px) Image search: [Google]
dogs_cant_look_up.jpg
70KB, 700x1100px
>>19590851
If you are seeing trails when NOT on psychedelics it MIGHT be a sign of a neuro-degenerative condition like dementia, early onset alzheimers, or an electrolyte imbalance. Even people who are hyper aware of reality LET their brains filter out the natural visual stutter of vision. It could be nothing. You might just be too observant, but it might also be a medical problem necessitating a visit to a doctor. Stay safe Anon!

>>19590947
>The trails aren't part of reality, nor the vessels in your eyes part of a wall, thus neither of are what we are 'really' looking at.
That's the point. We BELIEVE they are not there but they ABSOLUTELY exist in our visual stream. Our BELIEF that they are not there is part of why we do not see them.
>>
>>19590503
Dark matter?
>>
>>19590728
fuckin bravo dude. this was a good recap of what goes on in this egos head during realization. youre dope as fuck, never stop.
>>
>>19590503
Well, when tripping face, the patterns and geometry seem fitting. But like The Godfather of MDMA said, it doesn't make much of a useful ability. More likely to stare at the pattern on a cheeta, than run from it. So probably got bred out. We Kept the receptors though. Caffeine(!), don't treat me wrong.
>>
>>19590503
they dont
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.