[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Afterlife Theories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: reincarnation4.jpg (133KB, 1017x552px) Image search: [Google]
reincarnation4.jpg
133KB, 1017x552px
ITT: We post our theories on what happens after death

I'm pretty sure it's reincarnation, but lately I've been thinking about Abrahamic religions and trying to figure out exactly why God does the things he does. What if God really is everything and everyone that has ever and will ever exist? I think I've come up with an explanation that makes sense.

>God split himself into everything and everyone
>When a part of you(God) dies, you will judge yourself. Are you good enough to recombine with the rest of yourself? Will you have a detrimental effect on the whole of God?
>If good enough, you will rejoin with the rest of yourself.
>If not good enough, you will be sent to a place of permanent separation(hell) from God.

This is assuming God can't be destroyed in any way.
>>
File: 1497801984410.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497801984410.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
imagine nonexistence. just as it was before you were born. it's only complicated if you make it.
>>
>>19588052
We reincarnate until we reach enlightenment.

Once done, we become part of the Universe once again and all of it's glory.
>>
>>19588052
Why did I emerge from nonexistence? How did I wake up after never having gone to sleep?

It's not really as simple as you make it out to be.
>>
>>19588062
Because you became bored, you saw others doing it, and wanted to see what it's like

It's as simple as we make it to be.
>>
File: Ocean.gif (2MB, 272x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ocean.gif
2MB, 272x200px
>>19588021

The truth is there's no reason for us being here, meaning to life, or existence after death. We were born to die but while we are here we may as well get money and fuck bitches.

>skip to 30s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UviLn225Mq4
>>
>>19588021
Your soul returns to its source. Your body is resurrected only if the source or someone higher likes you enough.
>>
>>19588062
the idea of "you", as some eternal being, or anything beyond a means of survival, is simply the mind at ease. consciousness and reasoning came about to extend life span. modern life leaves us with a lot of time to think. it isn't simple, but it's much less complex than some sort of karma-tic system of rebirth and judgment, or even, believing that you're important enough to exist beyond your physical self. basically, you're more likely to live a long life and reproduce if you have intelligence and consciousness. that's all there is to it...
>>
>>19588086
You're nothing more than a will from a creator here to accomplish a task. Just like a side character delivering mail to the protagonist. When mailman is done with he disappears forever, but his purpose is accomplished and his essence forever written into the story. His essence also returns to the creator, remembered as a small part of the bigger plot.
>>
>>19588021
I hope something really silly happens, like inconceivably ridiculous. A real non-sequitur, teh penguin of d00m type shit.

The idea of God as a big whole who's single-mindedly focused on whether or not it's good enough for itself or whatever is so finite that it irks me when people claim it's the meaning of everything. If it's REALLY infinite it should have an infinite number of purposes, this one thing can't be it, only a small part of it at most. Like, maybe it's what we're doing -right now- because we're having some collective identity crisis, but it's got to be only one of billions and trillions of massive cosmic patterns that can happen. On the other hand, the idea that existence is infinite is only an assumption. But if absolutely -everything- adds up to something so small (not in terms of scale, but in terms of concept. The scale is huge, obviously. A fractal has infinite scale but only a singular concept- it inflates itself to appear large and diverse but it's actually only one pattern. I don't think fractals are very beautiful), well, I can't wrap my head around it. I feel a deep sense of sadness and loneliness when I think about it.

But I follow the whole gnostic simulation meme, in earnest, with regards to whatever is happening right now (not as the grand explanation for everything in general). Someone with a probably but maybe not nefarious nature has us duped into living by whatever rules for whatever purpose, and I think it would be a mistake to believe that our experiences here are necessarily reflective of absolutely everything. I don't see rules as having any actual essence to them, usually, so I don't see a place with rigid rules as a valid place.

You have to remember that any of these canned theories are heavily influenced by suggestion, and collective belief does not equate to truth. I'm 90% sure that what I belief to be true actually isn't because I've been told it is, and you can't trust those fuckos out there.
>>
Not what I think, but what I hope for:

To become everything and nothing at once. In essence, to become sort of like a spirit that can traverse both the universe and time, able to witness and potentially interact with anything and everything. I would love to have millennia to study the movements of the stars, find intriguing lifeforms, and discover the universe and existence as a whole.
>>
File: 1473649743207.jpg (119KB, 1701x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1473649743207.jpg
119KB, 1701x1023px
>>19588390

So pretty much sandbox mode afterlife editon? I like it, sign me up for your religion anon.
>>
>>19588426
Does a tulpa become God when it dies?
NO.
Sorry kid, but you ain't God and never will be.
>>
>>19588021
I'm firmly in the decomposition camp.
>>
File: lord-vishnu-1024x655.jpg (209KB, 1024x655px) Image search: [Google]
lord-vishnu-1024x655.jpg
209KB, 1024x655px
>>19588432
>Sorry kid, but you ain't God and never will be.
nothing personnel kiddo, but tell that to Vishnu.
>>
File: 1471872588545.jpg (48KB, 500x717px) Image search: [Google]
1471872588545.jpg
48KB, 500x717px
>>19588432
Agent Smith detected
>>
I got my afterlife theory from reading The Egg.
>>
>>19588622
That's a nice one
Almost as cool as sandbox theory

>>19588432
Tell that to my tulpa. He literally gets dubs whenever he wants. But unfortunately, not whenever I want.
>>
Then why isnt there just a definite amount of people? Theoretically, as long as we can keep the earth going and avoid a huge kill-everything war, we will have babies and go on forever. God couldnt have broken himself up into infinite peices, otherwise he would never get rid of "bad" ones
>>
>>19588717
What if there's only a finite number of "bad" concepts, and every "bad" person/entity/what have you is just a recursion of or symbolic of one of those concepts?
A single concept can have potential to proliferate infinitely, and cutting off a branch before it grows completely can create a very huge ripple effect in that it also eliminates branches-of-branches and branches of those branches-of-branches, etc, in an infinite serious. So if you destroy all of the seeds that will germinate into infinite "badness", which is dependent upon the infinite passage of time, before they actually become infinite badness (by perceiving them in terms of finite time), all badness is gone once infinity (in number, not in concept) itself is reached.
I mean, I'm playing devil's advocate, I basically agree with you. But it would be a cool plot for a time travel movie, and indeed some flavor of it probably has been at some point.
>>
>>19588746
INFINITE SERIES
>>
>>19588021
It is heaven or hell. Stop using "abrahamic" it is either Judaism or Christianity. Get right with Jesus.
>>
>>19588021
I don't think it fits any known system, or rule set. People just need to make sure everything is accounted for. Measured up. It's all an attempt to keep an ancient system going. An effort rather. Not everything is definable for that reason. Things need to remain unseen, and unknown. Behind the obvious. Right out in the open.
>>
>>19588021
"As the embodied soul continually passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. The self-realized soul is not bewildered by such a change." -Bhagavad Gita

>>19588059
This

>>19588052
"They that deny the Self, return after death to a godless
birth, blind, enveloped in darkness." -Isa Upanishad

How can what is come from what is not? It's not possible. It's not even possible to imagine nonexistence because you must first have something which is to have that which is not. Therefore that which is (existence) is primordial and eternal.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.