[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where should start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

So I joined some occult group on Facebook a while back and it had a lot of "rare"old PDF books (examples in the pic) and I feel as if they are either all written very vaguely,sounds like mumbo jumbo or expect you to know a lot from the start.

What I want to learn is.

What is real magic -Do the real "magicans" really think they are casting spells and summoning demons.Or is it more that it's a specific way to dril a thought into your own head so you "succeed" in some sort of way.
I've herd different people say both.
The latter more to do with the fact that the origins of magic come from language and language causes effects in the mind and it's went from there.

>How have People come to make up these spells and rituals or found out about them if they are real ?
how has someone discovered that in the bottom left pic ?
>origins of symbolism-I was reading last night about the hidden hand pose.
>meditating with a god or the tree of life as the focus.What will you achieve by doing this in the long run?

I keep going onto one thing and because their is a lot to digest It can me an hour to read 10 pages in some of these books because of how new or hard to read everything is.

Where should I start ?
>>
>>19586405
Don't Facecrook.
>>19577532
>>
File: O0V.jpg (59KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
O0V.jpg
59KB, 500x498px
Short and Sweet:

Magic is using your will to reshape your reality to match your desired state. The Work, is using magic to attain a better understanding of yourself and the reality(ies) that you occupy and optimize yourself to be able to fully carry out your Will.

This is my reading list for becoming a competent adept if you want to go that route.

Magi 101:

>Euclid's Window
>Cheiro's Book of Numbers
>Liber 3
>Psychic Self-Defense
>Astral Dynamics
>Tao Te Ching
>Lieh Tzu
>Zhuangzi
>I Ching
>Practical Taoism
>The Secret of the Golden Flower
>Xing Yi Nei Gong
>The Doctrine of Awakening
>Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson
>The Fourth Way
>Introduction to Magic
>Revolt Against the Modern World
>Ride the Tiger
>A New Model of the Universe
>Prometheus Rising
>Liber 913
>Magick in Theory & Practice
>One Year Manual
>Visual Magick
>Chicken Qabalah
>Awakening Ground
>Sefer Yetzirah
>Three Books of Occult Philosophy
>The Complete Golden Dawn System of Magic
>Liber Null
>Condensed Chaos
>Prime Chaos
>Liber Kaos
>Lemegeton
>Book of Abramelin the Mage (Dehn/Guth, not Mathers)

In addition to this, I suggest practicing 20-30 minutes of qigong per day, 20-30 minutes of neigong per day, and spending 30-90 minutes meditating per day. Suggested qigong sets; Eight Pieces of Brocade, Dragon & Tiger, Five Animals Play
>>
>>19586405
>Do the real "magicans" really think they are casting spells and summoning demons
Yes

>How have People come to make up these spells and rituals or found out about them if they are real ?
The most important source is from the spirits directly, after that from other magicians and books, and after that scientifically by experimentation and observation.

>origins of symbolism
Most systems have their own symbolism that is somewhat but not entirely in line with the symbolism of other systems. The main purpose of symbolism is to mediate between the conscious human mind and the occult forces and entities outside of it. Because of this symbolism varies based on the entities you are working with and the background of the practitioner.

>meditating with a god
Depends on the god and the practitioner. If done properly you will probably take on the characteristics of the god.

>or the tree of life
It is only an analogy, but I like to think of these kind of systems as like an "operating system" for your mind. Studying the Tree of Life provides a foundation of shared symbolism between you and Kabbalistic spirits that enables you to communicate with each other.

If you are interested in magic as it was practices in Europe, especially in the middle ages and the renaissance this would be a good book to read: https://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Magickal-Grimoires-Classical-Deciphered/dp/0738703036
>>
>>19586405
>I feel as if they are either all written very vaguely
Yeah, that's purposeful, so that it's frustrating to every second idiot that picks it up and can't decipher it. If you have a more advanced understanding of the universe the mumbo jumbo makes sense. Or ya know, you can pick a book on the topic that's not as cryptic, that oughtta work too.

>What is real magic
Not what most people think when they use the word. The physical and the mental are closer than most people think. Having a strong mental precense is key. Magic isn't bending the universe to your will, it is influencing the universe, working with it to get what you want.

>Do the real "magicans" really think they are casting spells and summoning demons.
They don't think they are. They are doing it, it's just that it's incredibly different from the idea people have in their mind about what magic is.

>language causes effects in the mind
But the mind and the physical body are inseperable. The mind and the universe are inseperable too.

Spells are a means to an end. I can dig in century old books or I can write a spell in 20 minutes and they'll work just as well if I know how to focus my intent.

>how has someone discovered that in the bottom left pic ?
>origins of symbolism-I was reading last night about the hidden hand pose.
>meditating with a god or the tree of life as the focus.What will you achieve by doing this in the long run?
Huh?

Where should I start ?
Hermeticism. I'd say the Kybalion but that might even be too cryptic. If someone has got a better suggestion for OP please do share.
>>
>>19586461

Kybalion is not Hermetic, nor is it initiatory. It is New Thought.
>>
>>19586477
>Kybalion is not Hermetic
elaborate
>>
>>19586489

There's nothing more to elaborate, I covered the entirety of it in my post. If you want more answers, then educate yourself.
>>
>>19586405
>What is real magic
Effecting change according to your will.

But honestly, do yoga and develop a shiddi, plus you go to heaven. Just don't accept any deity, believe in god as you would without religion, it will all add up.
>>
>>19586489
go back 2 fringe
>>
>>19586405
It is all about Intent
Whats in your heart and on your mind will mandate the outcome-
Read The Black Pullet
>>
>>19586509
Okay then what would you suggest I read into. Because I am familiar with the Kybalion and I did not realize this was the case. Do you have a title you could suggest to me instead? Or do you have an opinion on New Thought over Hermeticism? Which one would you reccomend? That's what I meant by elaborate, I didn't get lost on my way to google, I was looking for an opinion.
>>
>>19586614
Seven Spheres by Rufus Opus
It's a good book, but also modern.
>>
>>19586643
Thank you. It wasn't hard to find, I'll read it when I get some free time.
>>
>>19586429
From your definition it sounds like this is the origin of the book "the secret"

You do the spells so you have something to aim your thoughts at.But then how does aiming these thoughts change the world around you ?

>what book would you suggest I start with and buy ?

>>19586451
Have you ever taken that charostics of a god or seen any one do that ?
>>19586461

>They don't think they are. They are doing it, it's just that it's incredibly different from the idea people have in their mind about what magic is.

Could you please elbrorate ?
I was assuming more of a vision in there mind rather than a physical god.But still what do you think happens ?
>>
>>19586705
>Have you ever taken that charostics of a god or seen any one do that ?
Yes, and you probably have as well. It sometimes happens naturally over the course of someones development or as a result of an astrological transit. The rituals and more symbolism magnify this connection and help to remove contrary influences.

Also, like I told that other guy, Seven Spheres by Rufus Opus is a good book.
>>
File: IMG_1522.png (74KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1522.png
74KB, 640x1136px
And oh wow this is fucked up I was thinking of talkin about a girl who was into magic while multi tasking and writing into google ."magic taking on characteristics of god's occult will intent"

And the first link is on a site witchapedia topic rosemary.
Rosemary was her name.so fucked up.

So this rosemary when I was with her she belived in magic and spells.
She told me she had done a few white spells for good luck and her love life.
She told me she had used candle magic and it had worked as well as tarot card readings and meditating and seeing visions.

A few months after splitting up I ended up seeing her email was on auto login of another laptop I had.
I couldn't help my self and snooped about and seen she had been buying love spells.
I was laughing hard to my self how sad it was then about 3 weeks later she looked like she was in another full blown serious relationship.

From an outside source how would you look st that spell ?
Would you say something mysterious went on once it was "activated"
Or would you say she was desperately wanted love and put 1000x more effort into it once she got the spell ??
>>
>>19586705
>Could you please elbrorate ?
>I was assuming more of a vision in there mind rather than a physical god.But still what do you think happens ?
A physical god would be extremely difficult, but my experience is limited to non-existent in this regard.
The spell casting on the other hand, with a little experience in energy manipulation, so that you can actually feel the energy running through your body and casting the spell with its help, it is elating. If I had any doubts about witchcraft prior to casting my first spell that's when they completely evaporated. I didn't know, nowhere did it actually say that, and I probably wouldn't have believed it if it did, but yeah it's hard to have any doubt left after that. And well, the spell working too.
>>
>>19586748
Love spells work so it is entirely possible that that is what happened in her case.

>"magic taking on characteristics of god's occult will intent"
Also, fyi you are probably looking for the term invocation or invocation ritual.
>>
>>19586748
>From an outside source how would you look st that spell ?
>Would you say something mysterious went on once it was "activated"
Nothing mysterious OP. You put your intent out in the right way and it becomes reality. Simple as.
>>
File: IMG_1523.jpg (378KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1523.jpg
378KB, 525x700px
Ok one more question I think before I go and actually read a booK.

I want to have ago and practice magic for my self to see the results but I don't actually want anything at all.No power,money,love or even good luck.
What could I do or what would even be the point in doing it if you don't actually expect anything in return?Or I'm o still thinking of it in the wrong way ?

Oh btw I was going to start with Prometheus rising is this a good or bad first choice ?
>>
>>19586786
You have to do it for something you actually want. The intent is the most important part. If you can't think of anything else at all then maybe try to cast a spell to make yourself more knowledgeable/better at magic in general.

I think Prometheus rising is good.
>>
>>19586786

Don't focus on WANTING, focus on BEING. If you use magic and want something, all you will wind up with is a result of you wanting something. Instead of it being "I want to be wise" make it "I am wise". Detach from the results, simply know that you are/have what you desire and it will come when it comes. What you perceive, you achieve. Savvy?
>>
>>19586786
>I want to have ago and practice magic for my self to see the results but I don't actually want anything at all.
That's actually the best mindset to start with.

I'd say do some energy manipulation before you do any actual spells. If you're dead set on actual magic, maybe do something like trying to attract a new friend or something like that. I'd say go for a more traditional kind of magic, such as herb magic, because the ingredients are a big help when you're still learning how to focus your intent properly.

>What could I do or what would even be the point in doing it if you don't actually expect anything in return?Or I'm o still thinking of it in the wrong way ?
You kind of are. It's kind of like, you express your intent, you focus exclusively on the outcome you want, not the fact that you want it, or anything else, just the outcome itself, and then if you're making a charm for example, you would sort of bind that to the charm itself.

I hope that makes sense, I'm not good at explaining things.
>>
File: IMG_1524.jpg (168KB, 640x1005px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1524.jpg
168KB, 640x1005px
>>19586796
Hmm ok let's put the emphasis on career success as I've just went from something what paid amazing for my skill level to nothing and besides having no work I want something completely new.
>>
File: IMG_1269.png (369KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1269.png
369KB, 640x1136px
>>19586838
Hmmm the friend one seems good.I do attract new people to my self all the time any way though but still it could be worth playing around with this.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.