[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>don't worry, a super advanced civilization must be peaceful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: download (2).jpg (10KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
10KB, 264x191px
>don't worry, a super advanced civilization must be peaceful
>>
Because they haven't destroyed themselves yet...
>>
>>19586063
The Europeans haven't destroyed themselves yet when they destroyed the Natives in North America.
>>
>>19586065
not our problem their immune system was shit
>>
Anyone that cannot see how a super advanced civilization may be warlike, seirously lacks imagination. They could:

1. Be peaceful to themselves but hostile to other life forms (almost every beast and animal on the planet)
2. Be on the brink of destruction, but still somehow manage to find consensus to not blow up everything (see: Cold War, Right now)

It's obviously difficult to do the second on a longer time scale, but certainly not impossible. But it actually might be possible to acquire super advanced technology way faster than we did.

In any case, running to shake hands with them is a serious mistake.
>>
File: 1438587633269.jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438587633269.jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>capable of interstellar travel
>capable of biologically SURVIVING interstellar travel for long enough to rubberneck some backwoods galaxy
>some backwoods species that can't even handle travelling to another silly planet, never mind their own REPRODUCTIVE PROCESSES, is going to be a credible threat

some of the people here. it's like trying to stage an insurrection on an ant farm.
>>
>>19586086
You're not gonna be treat. They're gonna burn the planet for fuel if they felt like it.
>>
>>19586079
OR they didn't evolve from an inherently warlike species as we did so the concepts of violence and conquest were considered novel rather than basal by the time they discovered interstellar travel.
>>
>>19586101
You're missing the point. I'm not saying they're gonna necessarily be warlike, i'm saying it's very conceivable.
>>
>>19586111
i wouldn't call projecting human/animal behavior onto alien life forms, "imaginative." there's no telling what they'll do.
>>
File: IMG_5789.jpg (130KB, 1136x1158px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5789.jpg
130KB, 1136x1158px
if a alien come by my house I kill it
>>
>>19586068
You created super viruses by being super filthy.
>>
>>19586136
Ugh. If we can model a thing's goals and environments, we can't predict the flavor text of its activities, but we can predict generalized basics. Even if the environment turns out to be something really weird (and it probably won't IMO), the basic functions of life aren't really weird in any environment.
The crowd who whines about how we can never possibly understand xenos needs to go flock to the robot board with all the other people who can't understand how to think about other people.
>>
>extrapolating from earth
>the more powerful eat the less powerful
>>
>>19586392
>the most powerful beings on earth are also the most caring
Extrapolating from earth is the reason why people expect advanced civilizations to be peaceful, pleb
>>
File: wearefucked.png (277KB, 1348x1086px) Image search: [Google]
wearefucked.png
277KB, 1348x1086px
>>19586086
chances are they come just erase us
>>
>>19586056
There is no life, outside of what exists here. Only difference is time. Life is the rarest of treasures. Awareness, more so. Science fiction. People of earth, ffs.
>>
>>19586056
>>don't worry, a super advanced civilization must be peaceful

to themselves... not to ants
>>
>>19586215

That's a good thing numbnuts
>>
>>19586435
source ?
>>
op they just wanna teach us love and light and shit
>>
>>19586079
>Be peaceful to themselves but hostile to other life forms (almost every beast and animal on the planet)
In other words
>Don't worry, a super advanced civilization must be vegan!
I quite enjoyed playing the oddworld games, I dunno if I'd enjoy living them.
>>
File: 1503740536118.jpg (90KB, 968x646px) Image search: [Google]
1503740536118.jpg
90KB, 968x646px
>>
I believe, once all of Humanity reaching enlightenment we will get to meet the other civilizations.

That's why a NWO is crucial.
>>
>>19586079

no matter how advanced a civilization becomes, relativistic kill vehicles would be a serious problem to deal with, and they wouldn't be hard for "lesser" civilizations to make. i could see an advanced civilization logically concluding the only way to not get preemptively wiped out eventually would be to actively kill budding civilizations. maybe all of them, maybe only ones that fail "tests". i can't imagine earth passing many tests right now.
>>
File: Kundalini.jpg (368KB, 1249x1288px) Image search: [Google]
Kundalini.jpg
368KB, 1249x1288px
>>19588060
>To get the speeds and accurate ranges necessary theyd have to measure many AU in distance.

>To make long range relativistic kill weapon worth a damn actually takes a very very high level of tech. Even then something that long is going to be a bitch to swing around and aim, if its possible at all.

>Once you fire one, everyone else knows where you are and that youre willing to fire one, so you put your chances of being shot up through the roof.

>Also once you fire one all your enemies decentralize (If they werent already) and because of the size and logistics of a relativistic kill weapon it ends up being a certain waste over all.

Scary in theory yes, but realistically theyre probably not something being used a whole lot if at all.

Most people spreading the fear of relativistic kill weapons that could reach us from light years away arent taking the whole into account.
>>
>>19588243

launching an rkv from your own position would be suicidal indeed if other civs of similar tech level or higher are in the area. but then again i imagine a type II+ civ has much more sophisticated ways of delivering, without spotlighting themselves in the darkness. say for instance a civ has already noticed us, thinks we're assholes, and gives us a low probability of changing our ways before bleeding out of our home system. why not seed potential target systems like this with self replicating machines that build rkvs in the outermost fringes of the system, a neighboring system, or something to that effect, while the potential threat is monitored? then begin building hundreds of rkvs, and wait. if over time you you feel the need to pull the plug on this civ, you just send the launch signal. have them target anything over a certain size within a certain range of the star. many will miss, many will hit, many may be defended against. but it would be an overwhelming attack. hard to decentralize and get your shit together when the first attack on your system, and maybe your first dealings with e.t.'s period, renders your system more or less uninhabitable. an investment in monitoring up and coming civs in your neighborhood seems inevitable and necessary for an advanced civ. i really don't think potentially dangerous species get to climb the kardeshev scale if there is any kind of established civ already in the area.
>>
>>19586056
ishtar command, bitch.
>>
>>19586065
You know what's pretty interesting? The fact that Europeans have actually bettered every country they've had anything to do with. They got on fine with Native Americans, it was the few outlying troublemakers who caused the trouble and what came with it. You know the whole 1622 Massacre thing, correct?
Colonization was bad I guess. Imagine the inhumanity of having hospitals and schools built for you. Even after that they're welcome (by cucks) into white countries, while whites in African countries, mainly Zimbabwe, are routinely murdered because they "don't deserve to be there".
If you aren't too young you'll remember the Free South Africa meme, if you're a little older you might even remember when Nelson Mandela was, correctly, labeled a terrorist and not some kind of worldwide sweetheart. How did he become a worldwide sweetheart? For saying he wanted his black country, owned and ran by blacks. For this he was hailed as a hero. Do that in a white country (for whites obviously) and enjoy your getting "doxxed" and having no career or future by being known as a "racist".
So on the one hand, you are right that Europeans haven't destroyed themselves and the OP is wrong, but on the other you're incorrect and the OP is more accurate, as evidenced by the good of the Europeans, yet they're actively killing themselves in the name of (((diversity))) and taking all prevention measures against the prevention measures.
I guess you could argue that Europeans were so advanced, and because no animal will willfully commit suicide because it goes against evolution, the only way they can achieve this is by having others (in this case (((refugees)))) doing it for them. In which case neither of you are right.
What a conundrum.
>>
>>19588928

>((()))

RIP your credibility
>>
File: disgrace.jpg (22KB, 475x339px) Image search: [Google]
disgrace.jpg
22KB, 475x339px
>>19586068
>implying disease killed them all

You forgot about the countless massacres, boarding schools intended to destroy their cultures where there was frequent child abuse, forced sterilization, and the part where they were threatened with war and death if they didn't sign a treaty that took away their rights and land.

It's pretty fucking important.
>>
>>19589574
Yeah I hate it when some idiot writes some worthwile stuff and ruins it by adding autism parentheses to look like one of the epic oldfags. Kinda shows off how new is he.
>>
>>19586215
>>19586456
It's like if Indians immigrated by the millions to Europe and the US and began doing all the typical Indian things like shitting in the streets and rivers and being scared of toilets.
>>
>>19589740
Not our fault they were still hunting wild game with stone tools by the time we'd figured out steel and gunpowder. They had the same time on this earth we did, we just used it better.
>>
>>19586056
All our greatest civilizations were also those who were the most war-like or most proficient in killing others. It only stands to reason that another species would follow the same trend. But the biggest threat would be through biological means. Look at the mass deaths from disease when the Spanish came to America.
>>
File: Xenos pls go.png (39KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
Xenos pls go.png
39KB, 228x221px
Aliens wont get you if you get them first Anon
so do your part and curbstomp an Ayy today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0WQOGVLLGw
>>
>>19589904

Not that anon but that is the exact same mentality aliens are going to have when they wreck our asses.
>>
>>19591114
and do you think that recognizing that fact will save you?
>>
>>19588928
Why do you even care?
Dors it make you happy to be concerned about that?
Have you tried seeing it from a different angle?
Imagine being some native american living life in his tribe the way they have been doing for thousands of years, and then some pale people wearing fancy hats jump off a boat and tell you you need to accept their ways, even though they were happy with their way of life.
Imagine being in europe and having muslims overrun a christian country (even though thats not happening to the extent the media wants us to believe), with the nations culture being changed slowly from the inside, even though they were happy with their way of life. Who says these things happening are good? Who says these things are bad? Its just time passing and the world going through the motions. If you care about holding on to a particular ideology you only make yourself suffer
>>
>>19590202
>40kid
I would join the aliens if means you larpers get erased.
>>
>>19586056
its logical
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.