[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2016 Clown Epidemic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

File: clowningaround.jpg (26KB, 312x397px) Image search: [Google]
clowningaround.jpg
26KB, 312x397px
What the actual fuck happened in 2016?

I heard about the clowns, I saw the stories, but why did people start this stupid trend just to stop almost immediately?
>>
>>19586016
It was a forced meme created to promote the "IT" remake
>>
>>19586058
Tim Curry pill?
>>
Rural white trash methheads get bored too. One of those losers decided to copy Slipknot and the rest decided to follow. They got cocky when this bullshit caught on by retards across the world that actually think inbred retards are "cool" and representative of the shit habbening in the U.S. Eventually people started fucking them up and as soon as it got serious the couple of idiots doing it smartened up.
>>
>>19586016
I enjoyed watching clownsighting videos, something real to be spooped about
>>
>>19586108
Same, I was terrified/hyped to go out on halloween and see if I could find any clowns
>>
>>19586016
Viral marketing and/ or people dressing up like a movie character.
>>
Yeah, that was a weird time
They showed up suddenly and disappeared as quickly as they came. Who knows what the purpose was
Viral Marketing? A bunch of faggots fucking around with people? Legitimately crazy people? The world will never truly know
>>
>>19586164
Probably all of it, since some people were stabbed n shiet
>>
>>19586016
It was just the high point of Juggalo culture.
>>
>>19586016
>Why did people start this stupid trend just to stop almost immediately?

Because its all fun and games until someone gets their face punched in.
>>
File: 1504123589393.gif (287KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
1504123589393.gif
287KB, 300x167px
>>19586016
needs a revival, good times I thought seeing all the hype. Wondering if a clown is going to jump out somewhere. Some of the "let a clown come at me bro" chads took it seroius as fuck and went to far. So did some of the clowns to tho by trespassing and being "blocks your path" bozos.
>>19586058
That is only popular theory. The It movie claims they are not responsible and had no part in it.
>>
>>19586108
Do you have any good clown sighting videos? When I look up clown sightings on youtube I get fakes, "pranks", and obvious actors.
>>
>>19586016
It got too unpopular and hated. Po-po started buttfucking people they caught
Dressing as a clown instantly turned weaklings into scary creatures that people ran from and made them feel powerful(plus LOL I DUN A PRANK).
>>
>>19586016
Worst fucking meme ever.

It was only fascinating for the brainless. Only people who think Hillary should've won took the clown thing seriously. It was pretty much a barometer for people who are woke to figure out how retarded others truly are.

There was much more important stuff that was happening in the media at the time that got conveniently swept under the rug because of that bullshit.
>>
File: 1498077019543.png (775KB, 694x724px) Image search: [Google]
1498077019543.png
775KB, 694x724px
People that it was FUNNIMEME DO NOT STEAL, that's about it.
>>
>>19586340
Thank God BASED Trump still won though. Clownshills <<<< Redpills XD
>>
It was actually bullshit because if you notice as soon as the election stuff started happening the clown sightings started becoming rare
>>
>>19586340
Holy shit. Please die. Turning the clown thing into a way to name drop Hillary? You are the fucking cancer.

Anyway. I think the clown thing was just one isolated incident, and then it grew into kind of our alleged status where people kept reporting sightings. It wasn't even a meme, it was just a brief mass hysteria.
>>
>>19586414
Why did autocorrect change urban legend to alleged?
>>
>>19586108
>>19586147
I'm with you guys. It was a fun time.
>>
>>19586394
Yeah others thought it was a distraction for how poor a candidate Hillary really was. It started to get bad after she died on her feet during September 11.
>>
>>19586058

I heard it was for the eli roth movie "clown" that came out in the US last year. Whichever movie it was meant for, it clearly took on a life of its own. It was probably juggalos trying to stay relevant by hyping it up as a "controversy".
>>
File: spiritcooked.jpg (25KB, 690x388px) Image search: [Google]
spiritcooked.jpg
25KB, 690x388px
>>19586414
Heh, got one.

Too bad that Hillary's spirit cooking and the DNC leaks couldn't just be forgotten after the first two clown sightings in all of that hysteria, huh?

And by the way, there was at least five faggots in Rochester, NY who tried dressing up like clowns before full-blown nig-nogs started hunting them down and/or getting arrested by cops.
>>
>>19586273
I suspect they helped it along. It started off the back of the Northampton clone, some others sort of started doing it around then, then it dipped really surged back in 2016. So I would guess the initial interest got the film funded, then they began doing a bit of guerrilla marketing to really get people interested both online and irl.
>>
>>19586016
>why did people start this stupid trend just to stop almost immediately
Started right before and stopped immediately after Halloween....just like in 2015. Funny how that works, huh?

Also that trailer trash that said she was attacked by one was outright lying to get 15 her minutes of fame.
>>
File: 432534.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
432534.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>19586016
mass hysteria, swamp gas
it was nothing
>>
>>19586105
I remember some rednecks in class talking about getting in their trucks and looking for clowns.
>>
Because I recalled them as combatants.

Don't worry, there will be more.
>>
Did anybody here actually see one?
>>
Kek I remember watching an episode of some Texas jail show. They brought in some neet who got busted scaring people in a clown suit. Was just your typical white trash.
>>
File: ss (2017-03-26 at 04.29.39).jpg (68KB, 833x669px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-03-26 at 04.29.39).jpg
68KB, 833x669px
>>19589133
I never did, despite alleged sightings in my own town.

I'm still kind of miffed about that.
>>
>>19588842
Go wipe.
>>
I always thought it was just a lame trend that blew up thanks to Reddit. It was just the more courageous of edgy shit posters that would actually do it.

Suddenly stopped, and rightfully so, because people retaliate to fear and threats with violence. Couple 'clowns' died and most were arrested.
>>
>>19589730
Do you have any links to articles or anything? I was looking for creepy clown related deaths earlier and couldn't find anything definitive.
>>
File: IMG_1730.jpg (58KB, 400x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1730.jpg
58KB, 400x474px
Where did the creepy clown thing originate? John Wayne gacy?
>>
>>19589752
Can't find the ones in Mexico. I do know it happened because it was headline news for a few days during this fiasco and was covered on the Spanish news channel. There is this though

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3826369/amp/Creepy-clown-gets-beat-baseball-bat-tries-scare-group-friends-hanging-car.html
>>
>>19589777
Fear of clowns is pretty common, it's probably been around as long as clowns have.
>>
>>19589777
Real clowns never sharp lines or points in makeup gacey did should have been a warning signal
>>
did any of those clowns actually climb into sewer grates to scare people I always wanted to do that at night dressed as pennywise
>>
>>19589815
I always figured it was part of the uncanny valley. can anyone confirm/deny?
>>
toppest
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrinershttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrinershttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shriners
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shriners
>>
File: download (2).jpg (143KB, 602x740px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
143KB, 602x740px
>>
>>19586016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHx2nLFMAzE
>>
>>19586016
it was a government psyops to scare people into moving away so they could make room for hatians and samolis so democrats could win the election of 2016
>>
File: 1472183218013.png (112KB, 400x353px) Image search: [Google]
1472183218013.png
112KB, 400x353px
>>19586016
A close friend of mine is very religious and said they were demons. He asked God to let him battle it in his dream, and with his victory all clown activity ceased.
>>
>>19589856
I think it's a whole host of things, the general uncanny valley vibe is just one piece. They also move unnaturally, like something out of an old horror movie sometimes. A lot of people take comfort in knowing the social order, and clowns exist p much completely outside that. And it used to be more normal to go see performers in masks and things, today that's considered very strange generally.
>>
IT BEGINS
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/killer-clown-dressed-murderous-pennywise-11165086.amp
>>
>>19591799
I wonder if there will be another surge of sightings this year, with the new It movie out and Halloween coming up.
>>
>>19586016
It was just a real life meme.
Even I dressed up as one and stood on the side of the road for like a week.

Clown costumes were like $5 because of the scare.
>>
>le gypsy in make up so scary xD

you have to be a complete faggot to be scared of some circus gypsy
>>
I never heard of a "fidget spinner"my whole life and then out of nowhere they were everywhere and i have know idea why. It was the same for the clowns, some people started it and suddenly everybody was on it. After a while it hot boring and some people took it too far and then it wasn't funny anymore so people stopped.
>>
>>19586016

I remember reading once that the people who dressed up as clowns only went to regions or parts of cities where there wasn't a lot of people around or places where they could be caught easily. No one really dressed up as clowns in densely populated cities because they could either be beaten to death by mobs, shot by people or caught and handed to police. They didn't have the guts to really scare people, and once most people had enough of the clowns and them scaring people they stopped because they faced real danger whenever they went out to scare people.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.