[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most rational paranormal belief?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1414345965410.jpg (48KB, 326x468px) Image search: [Google]
1414345965410.jpg
48KB, 326x468px
What's the most rational paranormal belief?
>>
Life after Death.
>>
>>19585673
Souls.

You can find it in any rational research book.
>>
>>19585673
God
>>
>>19585673
Mathematics and art
>>
>>19585673
That meditation has some mental or physical effect.
>>
>>19586923
Meditation has a physical effect. TRUE.

I just got done fucking some stuffed animal looking creatures in the astral realm and I woke with a fucking WET DICK
>>
>>19586955
0/10.
>>
By definition if a belief is rational it's not paranormal.
>>
>>19586980
'Paranormal' has many synonyms, and irrational isn't one of them.
>>
>>19586980
I said: "Damn", dropped the gat from my hand
>>
>>19586980
A personal belief isn't a fact.
>>
>>19586980
Wrong. Belief in UFOs (not Aliens per se) is rational and paranormal. There is just undeniable evidence that UFOs exist. Rational belief can be interpreted as just believing in something that is not 'out there' so to speak. Like we've never observed black holes, but you wouldn't be irrational for believing it. Like you wouldn't be irrational if you don't believe that the whole universe is lies inside a giant dolphin's belly, although it is unfalsifiable. UFOlogy and Parapsychology are perfect examples of rational paranormal beliefs.
>>
>>19587038
Technically, a light in the sky that is 99.9999% an aeroplane is still a UFO because I haven't actually identified it yet.
>>
>>19585673
That aliens exist. Not so much that they are also visiting us, but that I'm the vast universe, life probably exists somewhere else.

I'd also add parallel universes and multiverse theory.
>>
>>19587064
The definition of a UFO is a flying object, for which no orthodox scientific explanation is found after protracted efforts. A weak 'definition' like yours would be non serious and unworkable.
>>
>>19585673
jews have no souls and yahweh is just another word for "potential"
>>
>>19585673
I'm pretty sure I'm the reincarnated soul of a guy who was murdered in my neighborhood a little while ago. Idk I feel like it's true and makes sense
>>
1+2+3+4+....= -1/12 its fucking rational and use the rational numbers, nothing else to say...
>>
>>19586955
i meditated so hard my back cracked
>>
>>19587038
>Belief in UFOs (not Aliens per se) is rational and paranormal.
There no belief in acknowledging that UFOs exist. People see shit that they can't explain, it's something that happens. Attributing them cause to aliens is a belief, and it's not rational, because there's no reason to ascribe aliens as a cause.
>>
>>19587292
> Attributing them cause to aliens is a belief, and it's not rational, because there's no reason to ascribe aliens as a cause.
Except people have claimed to have been abducted and probed by aliens on these lights.
>>
>>19587327
>people have claimed
People have claimed to see Elvis Presley and Tupac Shakur walking around after death. People have claimed an angel told them to kill people. People claim to see a koalas dropping from trees and drinking people's blood.

There's no proof anyone has actually been abducted by aliens. There's no evidence aliens have visited this planet. Assuming that, just because someone couldn't explain something they saw, aliens did it, is not rational.
>>
>>19586955
lame
>>
>>19587086
I cannot argue with your logic. However, I hope you grow a toenail on your dick for using the word, "multiverse". This word should be erased from our language.

I prefer, ... comboverse
>>
>>19585673
Raccoons are sentiant aliens sent from mars to try to intergrate with humans.
>>
>>19585673
that either all of you can glean my thoughts and are telepathic and im some experiment using some antiquated version of humanity as some sick joke...

or im capable of broadcasting my thoughts in image form and none of you are special. its all me and you need to stop pretending you didnt get the message. i want pics of all of your moms emailed to me with her applying cottage cheese to her bum with a shoe horn and none of that artsy shit this needs to be penthouse worthy. at least 1/16 the total haul should be fap worthy
>>
>>19585673
the queen elizabeth is a reptar and her death will signal a reign of terror from those of other worlds, bringing in a night that shall last for hundreds of thousands of years, hailing wild mutant zombies to arise from deep within the planet, only to become food for their alien overlords

or that madonna actually hasn't had plastic surgery and just looks like that from diet, exercise, prayer, and heroin.
>>
>>19585673
Since you posted a raccoon I am obligated to tell you how I am avoiding ayys

By enticing as many coons, possums, bears, bigfoots, and other hungry animals into the woods near my house and in my back yard. Now those little grey motherfucks will have to deal with getting ate up with rabies before ever getting to anal probe me again.
>>
>>19587919
I can do you one better: all cephalopods are actually alien spies from another planet that's had a longer evolutionary history than our own. This explains their homogeneity and success throughout the ages (they had long since been perfected, although minor adjustments were required in order for them to adapt to the evolutionary atmosphere of our planet), as well as their bizarre cognition and behaviors. Once the tentacled masters at the bottom of the ocean grow in size, strength, adaptability and intelligence, they will seize the surface world and enslave all of us poor mammalian mortals (many cephalopods are indeterminate growers, and the gigantic "ancient ones" which control their smaller brethren are technically immortal, though they can die to injury).

Also! Whales, elephants and dolphins are the final incarnations of anyone who's going through whatever it is that we're doing on earth. Humans are actually not the last step before transcendence, but the second to last.
>>
>>19587919

Not doing a very good job, all they're good at is getting ran over.
>>
>>19585673
>rational paranormal belief
>rational
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.