[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the meaning of life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 12

File: kgjfhdyfhgj.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
kgjfhdyfhgj.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
I've spent so much time studying the spiritual realm that I now realize how small I am and how little I matter. What do?
>>
File: J0Q.jpg (35KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
J0Q.jpg
35KB, 500x360px
>>19583626

Just go with it.
>>
>>19583636
But I want to feel like I matter though?
>>
>>19583694
That feeling is the rope binding you to the material realm.
>>
File: 0000.jpg (16KB, 250x257px) Image search: [Google]
0000.jpg
16KB, 250x257px
Your smallness is only one possibility among many ya dingus
>>
>>19584037
How do I make it go away? I've tried to reason it away, but it feels like a genetic desire. I just want to be great just because.
>>
>>19584064
Proper understanding, regulation, and austerity. There are many paths in the world to this. As a teacher in my tradition would say:
"To control the mind, when you wake in the morning beat your mind 100 times with a shoe, and when you go to sleep at night beat your mind 100 times with a broom."
> I just want to be great just because.
There are three miserable ends to any material endeavor:
>you try and don't achieve your desire
>you achieve your desire and the experience is not what you expected
>you achieve your desire as expected, and time forces it away from you
What will you do once you have conquered all the Earth, Great Alexander, that you cannot do right now?
>>
>>19584064

Just go with it. Like the Bene Gesserit box in Dune, if you allow your animal self to rule you and you pull back, you're fucked. Fear is the mindkiller, puddin.
>>
>>19583626
experience thats all
>>
>>19584064
Simply do stuff.
>>
>>19584119
Sounds like another no win scenario worded like it's a good thing
A human being doesn't want to do anything under those circumstances
Under those circumstances death is the only logical option
>>
>>19583626
Go walk in a park.
Don't expect anything.
And don't be afraid of what you look like doing it either.
>Dance like nobody is watching
>>
>>19584195
>A human being doesn't want to do anything under those circumstances
An embodied soul cannot help but act. A self-realized, embodied soul is merely aware of their non-association with the body and does not immerse in the inevitable actions of the body. You SHOULDN'T want to do anything.
>Under those circumstances death is the only logical option
You are still looking externally for your internal happiness, even when your external change desired is to end the experience.
>>
The meaning of life is death, and the meaning of death is life.
>>
>>19584064
It seems like it is time for you to begin incorporating your spiritual work with your physical form. Yoga, tantric meditation, stuff like that. Imagine two pillars, you have been exploring the nonphysical pillar and you have reached quite far. On the other side there is a physical pillar that is intimately connected with your spirit and with your body. Your body will begin to grow from the light of your spirit similar to how plants grow towards the sun.
>>
>>19583626
The purpose is to eradicate evil and bring the light of love to the world. All gods are the same god, and our consciousness is just a divine fragment of that single god.

Everything we have nowadays is manmade. Bring the Heart and Soul back to man and we will prosper.

Once we unite the downtrodden, nothing shall stand against us.
>>
This thread is depressing.
>>
>>19583626
It's strange but I can sort of feel your disturbance... And I will say that it's alright you are special to your loved ones. Don't forget them.
>>
https://youtu.be/0acEl97ZBME
>>
the meaning of life is to realize that you are God. You job here on the material plane is (among other things) to remember and express your power and dominance over matter/ the physical.
>>
>>19583626
Find a hobby?
>>
>>19585961
Have 3, still doesn't help.
>>
>>19585957
/thread
>>
>>19585957
That doesn't make a lot of sense unless I'm the only real human here.
>>
Live as long as possible.
>>
>>19586527
But what's the point if nothing is accomplished and you're destined to die anyway?
>>
you tried so hard
and got so far
but in the end
it doesn't even matter
>>
File: 1505150029551.gif (135KB, 222x533px) Image search: [Google]
1505150029551.gif
135KB, 222x533px
>>19583626
>the meaning of life meme
>claims to have studied the spiritual realm for a long time

You still have much to learn kiddo
>>
>>19583626
Find meaning on a small scale. Curling into a ball and crying about the universe's lack of inherent purpose accomplishes nothing, so just enjoy your life while you're alive as much as you can, and ideally try to leave the world a little better than you found it.
>>
>>19586530

To help life continue growing throughout the universe.
>>
>>19583626
its not pointless if you studied like you said then you would know that there is an after life think of mortality as a testing place to see what we do

if there is a Hell and a Heaven than this mortality is just a testing ground
>>
>>19583626
You don't matter. Nothing matters. The spiritual realm doesn't matter.

"Mattering" is nothing. There is no state of living nor a reality. There just "is" in the way that humans can describe it. You're here because you're here, and that's that.

Essentially, there's no need to find a point. No point in finding a point. The best thing to do is exist, enjoy what you can.

If you're like me, and don't find joy in anything, then the only thing to do is exist and find something you can enjoy.
>>
>>19586562
Okay, so what do I do in the meantime? I believe in Jesus and obey his commandments. Now what? Do I just sit here and wait until I die?
>>
>>19586548
This seems like good advice.
>>
the only meaning life can have is to help others and improve everyones experience of life, collective acceptance of this base will lead to mass enlightenment
>>
>>19586632

Do shit to improve the world, or at least your little section of it. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, teach bros how to read, tutor kids, help homeless people get jobs and homes, help put together fundraisers for local charities or families in need. I mean, if you're bored there's lots you could do to lighten the burdens of your fellow man.
>>
File: 2017-09-01 13.22.47.jpg (443KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-01 13.22.47.jpg
443KB, 540x960px
>>19583626
Alan Watts said,
"You don't work the piano, you play it."
>>
>>19586571
It seems hard to find joy now. I really don't matter. I'm quite unimportant compared to the celestial beings and basically nothing compared to God. Even if I do please this material body, so what? It means almost nothing in the long run. And whether my tiny influence on the world is either good or bad in the first place is a toss up.
>>
>>19586648
>>19586651
I'll try doing these things more than I already am. I hope it solves my current issues.
>>
>>19586659
you exist as the absolute's attempt at self-realization in the precise physical, mental, environmental etc. you are in now

your consciousness is simultaneously an atom in this universe and the very precondition for the existence of a universe in the first place. you're the infinite turned inside out to a point, now your task is to turn that point back into the infinite again without melting back into the One like a new age cuck

man is a microcosm, genius is precisely when the Whole is reflected in the Part
>>
Wanna know the most fun part of all this?
Even the Celestial beings are meaningless at the end.
>>
>>19586694
Yep. Also for OP: If you keep searching/waiting to find the answer you will never find it and may end up doing nothing at all with life. If you forget about finding the answer and just start doing things you'll find you never needed an answer in the first place.
>>
>>19586659
You have true spiritual freedom. Unimportant just means you have unlimited potential for anything you can imagine. Those important beings are severely limited by what they must do. You mean the world to yourself. Yourself means the world to your body and soul. You have the biggest fans you could have just sitting there within yourself. Smallness allows you to slip into exotic and wonderful places.
>>
>>19586725
I am doing things. Still feel like shit.
>>
File: IMG_2470.jpg (54KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2470.jpg
54KB, 320x320px
>>19586745
>Those important beings are severely limited by what they must do.
They actually have more free will than humans. Man can will without always recieving. An angel always receives what it wills.
>>
>>19586785
Says who these entity's seem to be doing the same exact thing we are working and shitposting on 4chan. Maybe even living a neet life to afford rent.
>>
>>19586799
Wut
>>
>>19586785
More like, they are forced to do things against their own will by necessity. You can't simply will things to happen, but you can do literally anything. I doubt many high level beings are going to parties and getting laid. We are compelled by nature to play our roles resistance often leads to our own deaths.
>>
>>19586837
You don't understand. They're unrestrained. God just knows them so well that he doesn't have to restrain them because he already knows the choices they will make. Same with us, but we aren't given the gift of absolute manifestation, or at least most aren't.
>>
>>19586855
manifestation is something that happens in conjunction with your higher self. No being has carta la blanche abilities here unless they are on the left hand path. Even then, they are limited by what they themselves can do.

Its not some special power that only some have, its a property of the universe itself that allows these things. Its down to knowledge, relationship, and experience. All of these gifts were developed by beings over millennia of practice.
>>
>>19586875
But it can't prevent Reddit spacing.
>>
File: download (15).jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (15).jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>what is the meaning of life?
>>
>>19586825
As above, so below.
>>
>>19586880
If you spent half as much time doing yoga as you do crying about imbalance maybe you could have cool super powers too.
>>
>>19586887
They're still gods to us.
As above, over below.
>>
>>19586893
I've been reading a lot of Hermetics and Memetics. Does yoga help too?
>>
>>19586898
It trains your astral body, if you are meditative while you do it. Astral body has as much physical component as it does mental. You need to get strong so you can channel lots of manna basically. Yoga trains the circuits of subtle perception in the body so that you can open your awareness to metaphysical properties of reality.
>>
Open your eyes to the moments of synchronisity that happen in your everyday life. Those moments are what gives out lives meaning
>>
>>19583626
To protect the world from devastation.
To unit all people within our nation.
To denounce the evils of truth and love.
To extend our reach to the stars above...
>>
>>19585707

That post just made it 5% more depressing
>>
>>19586521
ding ding ding
>>
>>19587803
I don't think Solipsism is the right way to go.
>>
>>19587803
>how to make someone go insane and kill themselves the post
>>
>>19583626
The meaning of life is to live. Why else would you be alive friend? All of these words, teachings, things, understandings. It's all just decoration in the torrential ripping of reality between infinity and the void. They in the end are the same thing to a 3-d being though. Just know, that if they Universe didn't love you, it would have no reason to keep you here. The reason those suffering in hell aren't dead, is because the creator couldn't bear to let them go.
>>
>>19587660

Underappreciated post
>>
Grow
>>
>>19583626
With great importance comes great responsibility
And responsibility fucking sucks
So you can be happy about not having too much of that
>>
>>19583626
To do the the will of God.
>>
To experience the new. We are all originally etheric being, being able to do anything that we could think of. Giving ourselves a physical body and a reality bound by rules existing without thought allows us to expand our ever-growing consciousness and personal reality.
Just try to have fun and do something new.
>>
>>19583626

To grow until it's no longer able to, then collapse on itself and begin anew.

If you mean "Why", very simply (though this sounds condescending) because it is.
>>
File: 1421188138329.jpg (610KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1421188138329.jpg
610KB, 1920x1200px
>>19583626
I've heard that the point of life is as follows,
"You show how much you believe in God by how thankful you are for the gifts that God has given you.. and to show God thanks for the gifts He has given you, you have to use those gifts to the best of your ability to help others and to perform stewardship and take care of creation & fellow bretheren"

Meaning of Life type stuff playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPRviHmjh8Q&index=11&list=PLmiAycMDMUDMpfdcLB1LpNvJ6K8X59pmn
>>
>>19583626
Op here, after more meditation I've come to realize that all paths eventually lead to the same point. Politics and religion converge to occultism. Chemistry and Physics converge to quantum. If you choose the wrong path you'll always be set right, whether by consequences or learning and setting yourself right. In order to get where you need to go the most important thing is to keep moving. We exist to "do"
>>
>>19586548
>Curling into a ball and crying about the universe's lack of inherent purpose accomplishes nothing
If there is no objective meaning to existence, then there is no difference in significance between "curling into a ball and crying" and literally any other purpose or meaning you come up with. With this view, curling into a ball and crying is a perfectly successful life.

>ideally try to leave the world a little better than you found it
"Better?" Better how? Would a world without humans be better? Why or why not? What objective purpose to existence do you see that means a world without humans would or would not be "better?"
>>
>>19588830

Just remember.

No matter where you go... there you are.
>>
>>19588582
>I would rather make you suffer infinitely for infinite time than just delete your consciousness

What a stand up guy
>>
File: [Don't Panic].jpg (613KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
[Don't Panic].jpg
613KB, 1024x1024px
the answer is......

>>
>>19590668
BUT WHAT IS THE QUESTION?!?!!?!??!>>!?>
>>
>>19590668
My lucky number
>>
>>19588850

nice dude.
>>
>>19589081
>He believe unironically hell is forever.

Let me guess, the Catholic Church learned you that one.

Hell is a state of the soul, usually after one is lost in what they have done after death. Lights will come to you and try to uplift and save you.
>>
>>19585628
>to live is to suffer, that the triumph of death is inevitable, and that existence is a constant dying.
>>
>>19583626
>>believing you don't matter
>>believing you matter enough to judge your own significance
PICK ONE, FAGGOT.
>>
>>19583636
This. You either understand it or not. in order to understand it, you need to stop asking questions. But you must do so on the right way.
>>
File: IMG_5425.jpg (113KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5425.jpg
113KB, 1200x900px
>>19583626
Make the best of this revolution. What goes around, really goes around.
>>
File: IMG_4413.jpg (319KB, 1280x693px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4413.jpg
319KB, 1280x693px
>>19588850
No matter where I am, there I go.
>>
>>19588843
Notice the "On a small scale." Don't be a cunt.
>>
>>19592445
Hell can't be justified, period. An all-loving god and a god that tortures people are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>19588843
You ever consider that shit like this is why nobody likes you?
>>
>>19583626
I realized the exact opposite.
>>
>>19586571
nihilism ftw
>>
>>19593948
Someone's doing something wrong.
>>
Jeshua, stop watching anime and posting anime pics on 4 Chan.

Go do some real things.
>>
>>19593871
>Notice the "On a small scale." Don't be a cunt.
You misunderstand. "curling into a ball and crying" IS finding meaning on a small scale. You just don't accept it as a successful conclusion due to your bias.

>>19593898
If they don't like me, why don't they leave me alone? I would love the solitude but I keep getting people asking to be my friend and hang out.
>>
>>19583626
It's sex
But good sex with someone you like
Bad sex is just awful and should be avoided or learned from at least
>durr no it's not
Yes I'm sure Mother Nature gave you those organs for display purposes only
>appendix
You got me there
>>
>>19583626
The meaning of life is pulling down your shorts and letting me inseminate you.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.