[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is dreams?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Italian-City9.jpg (98KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Italian-City9.jpg
98KB, 800x480px
When i dream, it is like i enter another dimension. I eat, i shower, i live my life, but in different environments. I feel like i kind of control the surroundings, but sometimes i just become a drone. Is it a spiritual world, does your mind enter alternate dimensions you create? Sometimes it feels like i have been away in those dimensions for weeks.
>>
>>19581519
this world isnt bound to physical rules aat all

it might be INSPIRED by them through what you observe in "reality", yet it isnt bound to it
>>
>>19581525
What is the difference between wake and unawake? Alpha vs Theta brainwaves. What does it mean?
>>
it feels like when i sleep and dream, i am watching me from an alternate universe. maybe thats why i/we feel like someone is watching us?
>>
>>19581541
I know what you mean, it is like you take the form as the spirit, and can influence their body. Is there any books by C.G Jung that explains this maybe?
>>
File: 1440955774337.jpg (80KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1440955774337.jpg
80KB, 645x773px
>>19581519
>tfw every time you sleep you die in somebodys else's dream and everytime you wake up you live an entire other life in somebodys dream as a support character with implanted knowledge that you somehow lived to this point with memories of your own
am i real
>>
>>19581847
That implanted knowledge concept could improve your lucidity, anon. Try asking yourself within a dream what knowledge is "implanted" and you'll start generating "memories" within the dream.
>>
>>19581904
how do i know if the dream is just a dream within a dream, what if this entire universe was created by somebody elses dream and when he/she wake up this universe just contoniued to exist within the brain of that person?
>>
>>19581936
>how do i know if the dream is just a dream within a dream, what if this entire universe was created by somebody elses dream and when he/she wake up this universe just contoniued to exist within the brain of that person?

welcome to hinduism.
>>
>>19581519

what a bullshit. now just close your eyes and recall anything or imagine any object.

you're just using your memory moron.
>>
>>19581947
So we're living in inception?
Does this make Leonardo DiCaprio the Monad?
>>
>>19581519
I can really relate to this. It's almost static, things I leave behind are there when I wake up, in my dream. What is this?
>>
>>19583557
There are people there, and they don't vary, from dream to dream. I am unaware of this life when I'm there. I've mentioned this whole thing before.
>>
>>19583571
I feel like I shouldn't be too specific. But it's slightly different. As real as this life. No LARP. No explanation though.
>>
>>19581519
Dreams are just the conscious mind being "locked out" of the rest of the brain so it can perform maintenance tasks without you messing things up.

Whatever is on your mind at the moment of the lock out tends to be where the dream goes and extends upon because that's just what a conscious mind does, always looking for experiences and things to do.
They don't actually "mean anything" any more than coming up with a great idea when you're awake does. Sometimes dreams can "teach" or whatever but it's only because it's still your conscious mind at work and you have good ideas. That's all it is.

Sleep paralysis is one pretty strong piece of evidence showing that the brain literally locks you out when you sleep.
>>
I very often dream of stories lived by other people, often that don't really exist in my life and some of them are characters that appear in more than one dream.
Most of them are blonde as well while I have black hair.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.