[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is my purpose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: 1504314121050.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1504314121050.png
98KB, 612x491px
Through deduction I've been able to confirm that God (the Monad anyway) indeed exists. The self is an illusion. I am nothing than a will (not even an unchanging one) put here by God to act upon this world.
So why was I put here? What am I meant to do?
>>
God created you as well as the rest of mankind to have a personal relationship with him. Out of all of creation only mankind can have that special connection with him. The one and only true God of the Holy Bible
>>
>>19581140
Whatever you want. That is the gift of a life. DESU though you are best off doing the tried and true things like living with compassion, love, generosity, humbleness, kindness, etc. Besides that do whatever sets your heart on fire.
>>
>>19581154
So I only exist just to pray and talk to him or does relationship mean something else in this context?
>>
>>19581157
So I'm just a will that exists to will? Boy that's anticlimactic. I guess it makes the answers simple though.
>>
>Through deduction I've been able to confirm that God (the Monad anyway) indeed exists.
Liar.
>>
>>19581179
Would you like me to prove it to you?
>>
Well a Gnostic is like a Hermetic Alchemist.

We see man as a Triune being of Salt, Sulfur and Mercury.

The Body, Soul and Spirit respectively.

Spirit is the Divine Spark, the Light of the Aeons that was given to us from the All.

If we have any purpose at all here in this realm of darkness it is to protect this fragile light from those who seek it. The Rulers of this place.

How to keep the Spark alive? By spreading Gnosis.

Fan it into a bigger flame, only the Light can push back the Dark.
>>
>>19581175
You're not thinking grand enough, but at the same time not taking advantage of the simple pleasures around you.
>>
>>19581185
Yes.
>>
>>19581192
Probably, I really do need more motivation.
>>
>>19581140
to love him and join him in heaven, to help others to reach this goal too.
>>
>>19581193
By the very nature of our universe and interactions within it this universe must be a simulation and therefore this simulation must have a creator. It's similar to how in your imagination there may be tulpas that interact with each other but they ultimately require you, their creator, to even exist and function. The immediate creator of our universe might also exist inside a simulation which would also have a creator. This would continue until we reach the one highest creator we can call the Monad.
If you want a more in depth description I recommend reading the Kybalion.
>>
>>19581210
How do I join him in heaven? It's hard to spread the message to others if I'm not even sure what it is.
>>
>>19581163
Yes praying & talking to him is the core of it. But he also desires to fill you with love, joy & happiness as well as to enjoy his creations. The is no limited to Gods power. Once his people are with him in heaven they will receive spiritual glorified bodies capable of supernatural abilities for eternity. He wants all to repent for their sins & accept Jesus as lord.
>>
>>19581228
So I just have to behave, accept Christ, and basically do whatever else I want?
>>
>>19581221
Alright, condensing this down to its relevant elements and turning it into an actual deduction, we get:

>1. Our world is a simulation
>2. Every simulation has at least one creator
>Conclusion: Our world has a creator

My problem here is that I'm not sure why I should grant you premise 1.
>>
>>19581140
Find out what it's like to be you. Find out what the universe looks like from your point of view.
You are the creator. You built this simulation so that you could play this game. This is a 100% run so you're playing as every character. There are physical laws but no specific rules. Remember, you are every character so you can only hurt yourself.
Have fun.
>>
Get laid.
>>
>>19581270
Because our whole 3 dimensional plane of existence has to be nested or "simulated" within higher dimensional 4D "Bulk space". Look up bulk space it's a scientific term. ANd such, 4d is nested in 5d, and so on until you get to the plane of infinite dimensions, time, etc. This is God, The All, The Godhead, the Source, The Monad, what have you...

>>19581234
Be good, do good, be yourself. You don't have to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, though he is a good role model, you don't even have to believe in God, just be awesome and your life will be awesome.
>>
>>19581140
You already know, and you don't need faggots on 4chan to explain it to you.

It comes from within.
>>
>>19581270
It's intentionally constructed like a simulation. Also the Big Bang originating from a source is much less ridiculous than "it came from nothing and just happened."
>>
>>19581281
>Remember, you are every character so you can only hurt yourself.
So no matter who I fuck it's still masturbation?
>>
>>19581302
>So no matter who I fuck it's still masturbation?
now you understand
>>
Your purpose is your purpose. Do what you want. Just don't go back to the carpet store, that's the lamest way to play Roy.
>>
>>19581154
>every human is god's oc donut steel
Well, /x/ are you a coldsteel or ashadow?
>>
File: 9PYOIxL.gif (130KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
9PYOIxL.gif
130KB, 640x480px
>>19581140
Dance
>>
>>19581140
>What am I meant to do?

Love.
>>
>>19581366
phshhhht nothin personel kiddo.
>>
>>19581384
Define love.
>>
>>19581417
something you never had
>>
>>19581417
Emotionaly, It's belonging and forgiveness.
Mathematically It's the conclusions of Game Theory.
Scientifically It's a Chemical reaction which rewrites your chemical balance for the better.
Physically is being one flesh with someone You love, and learning from that.
Metaphisically It's how You can live without fear, and the way to defeat death.
You're supposed to love all of God's creation and find your personal way to use His grace to benefit it.
Various different parts of Creation will need different approaches to love them: loving a girl is easy enought at least superficialy, but each girl must be known and loved in her own special way.
This requires knowing her, loving even her faults. This requires time.
>>
>>19581436
Probably, my parents were emotionally abusive.
>>
>>19581227
basically follow the ten commandaments, that can be synthetize in this two commandaments: love god and love your neighbor. also, become catholic will surely help.
>>
>>19581474
I still am Catholic, I think. Or maybe I'm Gnostic. I don't know.
>>
>>19581482
I know you. You posted a thread some time ago. You were confused about Catholicism and Gnosticism.
Gotta go to gym, see You later.
>>
>>19581293
I've never heard of this particular theory before, but just intuitively it sounds more like an infinite regression, a system of never-ending, increasingly more complex simulations, rather than a deduction that concludes with any kind of singular entity. But as I said, I don't know anything about this theory.

>Because our whole 3 dimensional plane of existence has to be nested or "simulated" within higher dimensional 4D "Bulk space".
If you have anything specific I could check out regarding this theory, I'd be grateful.
>>
File: IMG_2341.jpg (25KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2341.jpg
25KB, 258x245px
>>19581499
Well there are only like 6 people on /x/ so we've probably discoursed quite frequently.
Have fun, Mr. Gym.
>>
>>19581140
You are meant to serve God. The person most likely to be God from my perspective is myself because I only know that I have sentience. Don't think I want to be God. God has the toughest and least appreciated mission of all. Nobody knows what reality is. Not scientists. Not philosophers. Not the spiritual.
>>
>>19581140
You pass butter.
>>
File: IMG_1481.jpg (67KB, 300x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1481.jpg
67KB, 300x416px
>>19581510
Keep researching and you'll learn you are much less than God. Nihilism is quite far from the truth.
>>
>>19581512
I'm surprised this didn't come up sooner.
>>
So that all may attain perfection in the day be with us amen.
>>
>>19581514
I'm not a nihilist. Maybe I am and don't understand what nihilism is, but I view myself as a fundamentalist agnostic. I could also be described as a proto-solipsist.
>>
>>19581482
gnosticism doesn't mean anything. there are many sects of gnostics and although there are evident parallelisms they're not the same. also, gnosticism in addition to the fact that is clearly false is also pretty evil, because it considers knowledge as the most important thing. while catholicism also regards knowledge, the element the make possibile to save yourself is love. that's why there are as many saints in catholicism between humble as well intellectual people. also, if you think that catholicism has been an bad element in history i advice you to make good historical research and you will find that, while being corrupt like any other temporal power, it was surely better than protestants. for example, any good historian would tell you than the witch humting was primarely and almost absolutely a protestnt phenomena, besides the fact that has been always ascribed to catholics. i'm sorry for my english anyway.
>>
>>19581578
Don't worry about me. I don't plan on leaving the church.
>>
>>19581505
Well, it only seems to be an "infinite regression of infinitely more complex simulations" because you are looking at it from the relative bottom of the barrel, we only have 3 dimensions/directions of space in our plane, and we are nested within and come from the next higher one, and that from the next, until you get to where it all came from, The Godhead. It's actually a deduction if you look at it from The Source's perspective, every plane is simpler and simpler. Sort of like God tunneling to the center of Himself.

>If you have anything specific I could check out regarding this theory, I'd be grateful.

I've basically deduced this myself, so there isn't very much literature on it. My suggestion though, is to read up on DMT trip reports where users enter what they call "hyperspace" or just higher dimensions in general. You can find these trip reports on Erowid.org
>>
>>19581140
>What is my purpose
Make money
fuck bad bitches
>>
>>19581140
>So why was I put here? What am I meant to do?
>The self is an illusion. I am nothing than a will
Seems like you have your answer already. Unless it's not satisfying enough for you.

Here's the thing about the self being an illusion. It is not something to believe in. You can't adopt it as a new belief system and try to live your life that way. You cannot be a self who is trying to live like a no-self. See what I mean?

You have to realize without question that such is the case. Otherwise, you don't really know it, you just want to believe that you do. Since you're wondering about your purpose, it means that you have not realized it. It's only a nice theory for you, not yet reality. So keep working on that. No use pretending that you know something when you don't and you're still seeking for answers.

The purpose of life is whatever you decide it is. If to you that means realizing God, then go for it. If it means making a lot of money, fine. You can even make it about finding the answer to the meaning of life. Whatever it is, decide clearly and apply yourself to it 100%, and don't settle for beliefs. Don't stop until you know without a doubt.
>>
>>19581140
look up Meinong's Jungle. Materialisation is an analog for language in higher planes of existence. God simply imagined you, even just for the sake of argument. It kind of sucks when you get right down to it.
>>
>>19581154
he also made some of us to burn our asses. I mean in a world that has largely been populated by heathens entirely ignorant of the bible how can you even doubt that. Fuck your perfidious bullshit. Even the Jews got wise to God's malevolent side.
>>
>>19581140
personal consciousness is just inertia its entirely unsustainable and you're probably already aware that most conditions just in the physical universe will BTFO you. You should be doing everything to unravel it and sublimate with the greater whole.
>>
File: suntree.jpg (172KB, 736x1308px) Image search: [Google]
suntree.jpg
172KB, 736x1308px
>>19581140
What do YOU want to DO?
There is no greater question, there is no greater understanding.
Life is what you make of it, literally and metaphorically.
If you have come to a point in which nothing has value or meaning, then you must choose what to give value to, based on what you already value.
Take for example 4chan.
You are here right now purposeless.
So, what should you do? Go somewhere or do something else which actually fulfills your sense of purpose.
If you don't know what that is or where to start, just simply THINK. Thank about who you are. Think about what you want to experience in this life.
You might say "yea but I don't want to do anything". Then devote yourself to ridding yourself of desires so you can finally find peace.

Look, OP, I'll let you in on a great secret. We will all die. We will all live. You are going to be alive for another x amount of days or years or whatever. You might as well make the most of your time while you can, for you are going to be alive anyway.
Or you could say "well I am just going to kill myself then". That is your choice as well, though that would not alleviate your suffering for you escaped from your problems rather than choosing to overcome them.
You are here because you choose to be here. You might not understand it now, but there is great truth in realizing that we create our realities.
If you want things to change, then you will have to be the one to solve it, or to find whatever it is you are seeking.
>>
>>19581140

Reconcile yourself with God.
>>
>>19582826
How do I do this?
>>
>>19582809
This seems genuinely insightful. Thank you.
>>
>>19583003
By doing what God said to do to reconcile yourself with him.

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”[e] (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Rom. 10)

For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. (Romans 5)
>>
You pass butter.
>>
>>19583022
Go back to /his/ anytime
>>
>>19583902
Welcome to the club
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.