[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /x/ opinion on transcendental meditation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: hugo1.jpg (87KB, 1000x291px) Image search: [Google]
hugo1.jpg
87KB, 1000x291px
What is /x/ opinion on transcendental meditation?
>>
It changed my life
>>
But for the best?
>>
Dunno, haven't tried it. But the movement does look like a cult, and Maharshi Maheshi Yogi has some some appalling things for an enlightened being.
https://www.thebereancall.org/content/yogi-says-he-can-save-world-just-1billion
>>
>>19580526
*has said
>>
File: 56315dace504daac27fb2e37cae4a46c.jpg (140KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
56315dace504daac27fb2e37cae4a46c.jpg
140KB, 960x1280px
HUGE ACKMAN
>>
>>19580517
I liked you in Logan, Hugh.
>>
I wanted to believe in TM. When I found out about that there's kind of meditation that doesn't require concentration or any effort and supposedly brings you to the core of being unlike other types of meditation, I got interested because I want to change my life for the better which is apparently something frequent use of TM might do. And it was recommended by David Lynch. But it turned out you have to do it with instructor and pay a good amount of money for this? Fuck that. It's hard to not be suspicious when the founder's goal is to make a world a peaceful place by bringing his revolutional type of meditation to the masses yet he charges money for it and the whole procedure and mantras are kept secret. There are some arguments by TM practitioners that it's needed to be taught in presence of proffesional teacher but it's not justyfying the amount of money they charge for it. And TM is supposedly the most natural activity and every human being is able to do it so it's even more puzzling why you can't learn it alone in your home.
I found mantras in the net and I tried the full 20 minute seesion of TM this morning. Nothing happened which might be understandable for the first full try (I actually tried it last night but stopped it halfway because I got nervous during some trance state but it wasn't anything extraordinary too) but judging from the ridiculous hype that I got from the recommended TM book I found on the net (where Lynch described his first try as life changing and pure bliss), it certainly was a huge let down.
I don't know if I will continue practising it to see eventual benefits in the future, but I it's a sure thing I won't spend money for something that (sadly) seems to be a cash grab for celebrities.
>>
>>19580601
The girl was better.
>>
>>19575656
>>
>>19580745
nice. thank you.
>>
>>19580526
I liked the rumour that he tried to fuck Mia Farrow in 68. Can't blame him to bo honest. George Harrison denied it years later though.
>>
>>19580526

Who'd have thought a monk would become the Antichrist. Son of a bitch.
>>
>>19580503

Here you go. Learn it for free. https://youtu.be/hpwn0uVddX4

TLDR is you repeat a nonsense word in your mind with your eyes closed until your mind gets tired and basically checks out.
>>
>>19580911
Thanks for this.
>>
>>19580503

It's Zazen you have to pay for.

This style of meditation has been used by Buddhists for nearly a thousand years. You don't need some BS magic word to do it. All it requires is practice and a little focus.

It's just the Brahmans up to their old tricks once again.
>>
"inner peace can be yours for only 3 easy payments of $29.95!"
gtfo with that shit nugga.
>>
>>19580503
Open to walk-ins.
>Something different about that guy.

Yes. There is.
>>
>>19581205
worse, they pay $1500 for this.
>>
>>19580503
I think drugs have done some good things. I think losers like pretending to be winners.
>>
tm awesome
>>
>>19581205
>make up a nonesense word
>close your eyes
>repeat word in your head for 20 minutes
There. Saved your money.
>>
>>19580503

It pisses me off so much that Hugh Jackman is shilling for these crooks.
>>
>>19580911
And it's down for copyright. Shit sounds like it can be the real deal. Anyone got mirror of vid?
>>
>>19582500
https://www.proxysite.com/
Pick an EU server for the original URL
>>
people can kill you with that dont bother
>>
>>19580503
Mantras are names of demons.

the more you know......
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.