[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about make a fantasy book...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: photo_2017-08-31_18-39-01.png (209KB, 512x411px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-08-31_18-39-01.png
209KB, 512x411px
So /x/... I want to put some paranormal shit into it. Any recommendations? Myths, unsolved shit, anything can be used.

Help /x/
>>
Atlantis or underwater ruins
>>
>>19579112
ayy lmaos
>>
>>19579112
>myths
hm...
the bible?
>>
File: 1503260797024.jpg (45KB, 681x496px) Image search: [Google]
1503260797024.jpg
45KB, 681x496px
>>19579296
>>
>>19579296
so edgy
>>
>>19579112
It really depends on the genre.
I mean, I know it's fantasy but what then?
Urban fantasy? Magic based on real ideas and modern occult works, with orders that aren't traditional beard & robe wizards but more like superpowered businessmen and managers? Some Cthulhu undertones? Magic being subtle and far-reaching rather than quick, powerful flashes? If the plot would be good, I'd certainly read it.

Post-apocalypse? Political fantasy fiction? Contemporary fantasy? Plenty of conspiracy theories that could be the cause or effect. Alien infiltration, secret black ops government agencies. Hell, a bit less silly and more realistically-militaristic XCOM would be good, just based on current theories regarding aliens (greys being less of real bodies and more like more produced suits for alien/demonic souls that inhabit them when needing to interact with material world). I'd read that too.

Heroic fantasy? So many mythological creatures and interesting artifacts. Though /tg/ may be of more help here.
However, in all honesty, I am not sure if it'd all help. Every good author first have general idea for the plot and story in mind. I suspect you won't get far if it'll be ideas someone else fed you rather than some particular story you want to share yourself.
>>
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

No one cares about the world you create. Just reference some random pop-culture bullshit and people will swoon.
>>
>>19579112
Reincarnations and parallel dimensions
>>
>>19579384
Heroic fantasy. The plot: 42.

I already have the universe setted, but I want to put more creatures, more magic shit. I put too much sci and realism in it.

>>19579421
I really don't care what people thinks, I want to make this book for me, if people like it, good, if not, k.

And for me, what's really important on stories is the lore and the world, I like to see all the living beings really living on it.

Sorry any typos
>>
>>19579445 (OP)

>>19579225

>>19579442
>>19579263
I'm already using these four.
>>
>>19579445
>I put too much sci and realism in it
There's hardly ever too much. It may be too much for your current writing skills but then adding new stuff won't help as much as refining what you wanted to add on your own. Taking inspiration from real conspiracies and stuff may do you good, but it's to be inspiration, not a rip-off. In the end you'l have to think of and adapt your own stuff for it to fit everything well.
>>
>>19579462
> Taking inspiration
This is what I wanted with this thread : |
> In the end you'l have to think of and adapt your own stuff
Yeah... Ikr : |
>>
>>19579112
hehe
put a mythical book inside the book called
"the book of nonsense"
hehe
>>
I have an idea for a book anon.
Basically, they are people that serve gods, they can be gods of light and or darkness and while some of them are born without knowing it, some are born knowing it. Basically they are born in different realities, spending a few moments on their heaven if they have instructions to receive. And the book is about their intrigues and fights using magick powers they achieve through their spiritual practices of meditation and trancework. They alter their enemies destinies and so on.

How does it sound? They have a cycle of being born in different realities as I said, and the tale is about their confrontations.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.