[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did /x/ mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1505168676733s.jpg (4KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1505168676733s.jpg
4KB, 250x250px
https://skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov/current/cgi/runquery.pl?survey=IRAS%20100%20micron&coordinates=J2000.0&projection=Tan&scaling=Log&sampler=Default&lut=colortables/blue-red.bin&size=3.75,3.75&pixels=300&position=92.25076076131145,-6.481476960890451

This was posted on /pol/ and got 404'd in nanoseconds. It was claimed that it is the sky pepe a few months later and it is getting closer now its moons are visible and suchlike.
Is this an actual thing? Can anybody here shed more light on this? Why was the thread shoahd so quickly when so much other rubbish is allowed to stand?
I would be very interested to see what the community of this board makes of this.
>>
Is that Skypepe?
Wtf is going on up there?
>>
>>19578107

"sky pepe" is a meme taken from a meme taken from an edited photo taken from a russian source taken from space
>>
>>19578107
You'll only find speculation and opinions. Noone really knows what it is, but my guess is the Wormwood system. It's what could bring on many of the calamities in Revelation. Asteroids of sulfur and ice raining down from the heavens isn't so far fetched when you have a giant ass cloud of space debris fly into the earth.
>>
Lol whats happening
>>
File: skypepe.png (168KB, 298x296px) Image search: [Google]
skypepe.png
168KB, 298x296px
>>19578123
But it is an actual thing, not Saturn as was repeatedly claimed by naysayers upon the dissemination of this image?
Was this image really Saturn or was that just a blag to try and stop us asking questions about it?
>>
>>19578163
thats's the photoshopped image
the "eyes" are closer together and are actually nostrils

at least in my opinion
>>
>>19578163
>But it is an actual thing, not Saturn as was repeatedly claimed by naysayers upon the dissemination of this image?
Nope, it's a thing, but it could just be space dust reflecting wave lengths that could damage the telescope used so they simply didn't record it, or it could actually be a massive debris field headed towards us. It's definitely there, and I don't believe it ever lines up with Saturn's motions, but we can't really say what it is until we can see it or have some more insight.
>>
File: sungobbler.gif (2MB, 489x301px) Image search: [Google]
sungobbler.gif
2MB, 489x301px
>>19578188
I see. Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. While we are on the subject of weird space stuff, did anyone ever get to the bottom of this one. I remember years ago when this thing was first observed thinking this is the strangest most disturbing video I ever saw on the internet. Are there really planet sized vessels cruising the heavens or is this an optical illusion caused by a weird solar flare?
>>
Ever seen that horrible tv show called Stargate Universe?
Remember when it was aired?
>>
>>19578267
2009. I never saw it though. looked it up. Is it important? Why ask? Is it a clue?
>>
>What does the ship to refuel?
>>
>>19578260
https://www.metabunk.org/explained-giant-black-sphere-hovering-near-the-sun-coronal-prominence-cavity.t469/
This is the "explanation"
>>
>>19578305
I always thought it looked like a fuel stop. But that would mean the thing is freaking huge. That there is some race/ entity that could construct such a thing is... I don't really know that I can properly articulate how I feel about that. And they were right here! In our very own Sol. I'm surprised this thing didn't get more traction. Never seen a satisfactory explanation, beyond the whole giant planet ship thing. Much strangeness.
>>
The thing is.
The explanation sounds exactly like the next thing.
>We actually know shit but think is another type of X.
When science starts to suppose things it doesn't make any sense of itself.
>>
>>19578316

Looks legit actually. Even rebutted some jackass in the comments.
>>
File: compare.jpg (66KB, 512x511px) Image search: [Google]
compare.jpg
66KB, 512x511px
>>19578316
Hmm thanks. This isn't really that satisfying though. The events the use for comparision don't look that similar to me, then they go on to claim that the object isn't spherical, when it looks pretty spherical to me. Also it appears to obstruct the view of the background. I wonder if we will ever have a satisfactory explanation. I haven't seen any record of cme that looks like this.
>>
this "space pepe" and all other images from this shit are photos that are highly saturated from bright objects. not to mention, the satellite survey that took all these photos and made these weird composites is the IRAS 100 micron...that took all of these photos in fucking 1983. that's why in the IRIS survey (which is the corrected version of the IRAS photos) some stuff is blotted out, because the images are so saturated that the data is unusable. the original red smiley face is a composite of two pictures of saturn in the constellation of Virgo, taken on july 14th, 1983, you can use stellarium or any online planetarium that goes that far back to see it.

this blue thing seems to just be another random over saturated space object, possibly double exposed like the pic of saturn.

tl;dr everyone on this board is scientifically illiterate and retarded. saged.
>>
>>19578316
>https://www.metabunk.org/explained-giant-black-sphere-hovering-near-the-sun-coronal-prominence-cavity.t469/

They're showing different photos and footage ffs how does this even pass as scientific?
>>
>>19578464
And yet you are still posting here. I hope you are numbering yourself amongst the scientifically illiterate retards. Post links, pics and don't be a cunt all your life. It's this kind of unrepentant shitposting that muddies the waters and drags these things out for ever.
>>
I love how celestial objects that vaguely form smiles are now just assumed to be world ending demons.
>>
Why have they put a black box partially covering it on Google Sky? What are they trying to hide?
>>
>>19578464
Ugh. I hate when it feels like we might be on to something for a hot minute and then science offers a sound an altogether boring explanation involving absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
>>
You fools!

/b/tards and /pol/boys are posting those Pepe images far too often. You're literally summoning Kek from beyond distant cold stars! You have no idea what you've done.
>>
>>19578464
u scared, shill?
>>
>>19579143
Or it could be bullshit and you're gullible enough to believe he's telling the truth.
>>
>>19578107
It's going live on sept 23 2017
>>
File: redd.jpg (84KB, 828x515px) Image search: [Google]
redd.jpg
84KB, 828x515px
>>19578464
>>
>>19579268
Not live on sep23, but shortly afterwards.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.