[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here Ba'hai?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: bahai-large.jpg (456KB, 750x375px) Image search: [Google]
bahai-large.jpg
456KB, 750x375px
Anyone here Ba'hai?
>>
>>19577810
Good question.

Bumb
>>
Isn't Ba'hai New Age crap?
>>
I remember first hearing about Ba'hai a couple years ago in a religions of the world class I took and I thought it was very interesting for whatever reason.
Don't they believe that all religious texts are accounts from God but only show up in different regions of the world so that the word of God couple spread across the world and relate to different types of people?

Bump
>>
File: bahai temple south america.jpg (224KB, 818x557px) Image search: [Google]
bahai temple south america.jpg
224KB, 818x557px
Their temples look based as fuck.
>>
>>19577836
OP here, from what I understand about it they say there have been many manifestations of God throughout history and that each manifestation tells a version of God's teaching that is fitting for that period of time. But I'm not a Ba'hai so I could be wrong
>>
>>19577810
people may be ready for the ba'hai pill in terms of happenings/ current event geo politics but it will always spiral back into their own confirmation biases

but in short, they are more important than people think, if they have even heard about them

Iran and Israel....we are all fucked
>>
>>19578138
keep talking, m8
>>
Oh I'm hai. I'm REALLY hai
>>
>>19577836
>>19577853
Ever read Aldous Huxley's "Perennial Philosophy"? It sounds like he manifested the whole religion from that book
>>
>>19577810
Been to the temple in Illinois. Only place where I've seen the Star of David and a Swastika interlocking on a building. Anywhere, actually.
>>
>>19578223
What do you mean manifested?
>>
>>19577810
Baha'ullah is a False prophet.

>Former Shia Muslim, and Former Bahai
>>
>>19578644
What makes you say that? His message seems pretty obvious, that God spreads his message through many sources. And I mean, you look at all the different religions there are tons of similar beliefs throughout them
>>
ba'hais are basically camel jockey kikes.
>>
>>19577810
Omg I had the exact same idea with no knowledge of this religion. I must be the prophet of this religion, too
>>
>>19577810
No, but was friends with some people who were Ba'hai. "It's like Christianity, but they got a different guy." Not quite, but sort of. It's syncretic, a combination of all religions. Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, etc. are "major prophets."
Joseph Smith, Mary Baker Eddy, Lao-Tzu, etc. are "minor prophets."
>>
>>19579099
(Cont'd) They fasted at certain times; it may have been connected with Ramadan. They had small group meetings they called "firesides." There were a lot of them in Belize when I lived there. They were big on installing satellite dishes for TV reception (about 1980). It started in Iran, but the Shiites hate them and they're persecuted badly.
>>
>>19579119
(Cont'd) It's required for some reason that their temples have 9 sides. There's a big one at Mt. Carmel in Israel, and another in Wilmette, Illinois.
When the couple I knew got divorced, they had to go through a "year of patience" before the divorce would be approved by the "universal court of justice" or some such thing in Illinois. Their teenage daughter got pregnant in high school, which was too bad. She was a nice kid.
>>
>>19577852

Been there many times, good place to drink a beer and enjoy the day
>>
>>19578581
>manifested
in the context of the sentence it means created. Do they teach you stupid fucking children reading comprehension anymore?
>>
>>19579099
wait a minute, even Joseph Smith is in the game? the guy is a hack prophet! Same for Baker Eddy.

Does it mean they believe in what these religions preach?

>>19579146
Anyone can get in? What is the rule.

By the way, what their meetings/cult looks like?
>>
>>19579174
But Aldous Huxley didn't create the religion you dumb cunt, so what he said makes no sense.
>>
>>19579196
No they just think he was a good man. If your part of a monotheistic religion or Hinduism (or if you believe in one (God or Brahman) basically your already in it. They don't have meetings, they have temples for people (of all religions) to pray, but there are no preachers. Hers a link
https://www.bahai.us/bahai-temple/
It's literally the most positive religion ever. They believe that 80 percent of the population will go to paradise. Here's the life story of Baha'u'llah in 10 minutes if your interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsIMrhGMIJ4&t=22s
>>
>>19579174
lame
>>
how boring they can't come up with anything original
half ass religion
>>
>>19577810
NWO the religion
>>
>>19579196
They incorporate a small amount of all the minor religions of the world into their philosophy, thus give a degree of credence to all of them. All these minor prophets were striving, although unsuccessfully, toward the truth revealed in the writings of the founders of the Ba'hai faith.
>>
>>19579702
Yep, might be a perfect religion for the NWO. Incorporates all religions into one.
One of their beliefs, as explained to me, was that eventually the US would build a bridge over the Bering Strait to Russia, and we would all be taking family vacations via automobile over there.
>>
>>19579556
>stupid fucking children reading comprehension
>>
>>19577823
It's a syncretic religion that branched off from Islam about a hundred years ago. But it's even further removed from Islam than Mormonism is from Catholicism.

I knew one girl who was Bah'ai. She was a lovely blonde thing with mild scoliosis. She was very conservative sexually, because of her upbringing. Remained a virgin until marriage. So the Bah'ai have that going for them.
>>
Grew up sorta a baha'i. It's super chill. They meet every 19 days for feast. There's no leader, just an elected local council that's pretty hands off. Anyone can attend prayer, there's a potluck, and everyone is super nice. Also, old Persian ladies love hugging children apparently.

They're pretty sebsible, like "why would a true god only send one prophet or only a couple" etc, the reasoning is "god sent his dudes all over". And hell isn't really a thing, its progressive approaching toward god and shit people are farther away from him.

There were a couple things I didn't like though: the yearly 19day fast, the fact that you're not supposed to look at Baha'u'lllahs portrait (hes just some bearded Iranian dude--i guess they just don't want people to start worshipping a man instead of god), and they're all kinda hippies. Like, its definitely less new age than you'd think, and very VERY non-culty. They're really not big on authority figures because everyone is supposed to be free on their journey to find god. But because of this and because of the "we are the world, we are the children" vibe there's lots of hippie esque people in it which can get annoying (i want to have conversations that aren't about peace and love, man). But most of them are still pretty cool. Especially the Persian ladies. they make great food.

Also every baha'i i have ever met, ever, is always late to everything. My aunts are big Baha'is and are hours late to everything we do with them. One was late to her wedding by 4 hours (her husband was only 3 hours late). But the nice thing is you'll never be late to Feast because it starts 15minutes later than on the schedule. And it's reasonably short too.

I suggest checking it out although I haven't been to Feast in over a decade. Everyone there is happy. Often poor, but happy. The scriptures are too flowery though. Too many "verily thou art the flower in my garden" and shit like that.
>>
I'm a Sufi, but I know a few. They're similar to Ahmadi Muslims. Both are really syncretic, and one sect of Ahmadiyya believes that Mirza Gulam Ahmad was the final prophet, similar to beliefs about Baha'ullah. From what I've encountered with them, they're like Islam's version of JW's, but super reformist and syncretist. White people from small farming towns in the middle of nowhere in my state convert in droves.
>>
>>19579702
Kek. I guess I haven't thought about that.
Well I suppose I'm agnostic again.
>>
>>19579788
Good information.
>>
>>19579816
This is also good information. I remember hearing about the Feasts now. They had some good ideas, but were just too wacked out for me, even though one of them had been a Marine, not a hippie.
And the flowery scripture. Got enough trouble trying to understand a regular Bible!
>>
>>19583865
Yeah that's partly the reason I kinda stopped in my early teens. Like the ideas are fine I'd rather just run with it on my own. I don't need esoteric language to get closer to any truths I just need meditation and the occasional shroom experience. The rest is living right.

I think the Baha'is did well to get rid of hierarchy and authority and rules but replaced it with an abstract sort of semi-cringy aesthetic that's like, meh. I guess I need more dirt and water, less flowers.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.