[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me Astrology is real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

Hello. So I am open to the idea Astrology could be real, but I can not make heads or tails of Astrology Natal charts or whatever, so I am going to give you relevant information, and post what you read out of it an convince me astrology is not bullshit.

>I was born May 29th, 1998, location Dallas Texas, time is Unknown
>Eyes are green, hair brown, scrawny, 160 lb at 5 foot 11
>Type 1 diabetic

Alright.. Any other information I will gladly supply.
>>
>>19575848
Time is vital for an in depth natal reading, as it effects the placement of planets in your chart.
>>
It doesnt but my horoscope came true once
>>
File: roche.gif (42KB, 353x200px) Image search: [Google]
roche.gif
42KB, 353x200px
>>19575848
>>
>>19575848
I would but i dont like your pic. Do better next time and be a human being
>>
>>19575848
>people born in 1999 can now post on 4chan

Way to make me feel old.

Astrology really is a farce. It's all so vague it can be interpreted any way you want so it's always right (kinda like the bible eh?)
>>
>>19575848
time unknown= no ascendant, no houses, no aspects, you lose HUGE shit from your map and makes everything only an approximate.
Your diabetes is somewhere in your map we just need the details.
>>
>>19575848
It's pure bullshit OP, don't waist tour time in that, it's better if you have a religion or something it's bullshit todo but atleast it's not a pseudoscience.
>>
>>19576055

it's not vague at all

every sign, planet, degree, angle, fixed star, house etc has meaning and all of it needs to be taken into account

how is that vague?
>>
>>19576459
Because you pieces of shit allways forget ophiucus.
>>
>>19576480

because it's unnecessary, my gf's birthday is 12/9, her sidereal fits her perfectly

i'm a leo (except in tropical which contradicts itself and isn't as accurate in my experience)e regardless so ophicus means even less for me
>>
>>19576489
>It's not vague at all.
Your b8 is intense.
>>
>>19576364
>>19575861

This.

Now, I take all astrology with a grain of salt, but I've had people "read" things in my chart that they couldn't have known, and I don't mean vague shit, it was very specific. It's just deciphering symbolism that correlates with your place and time of birth, just like magic or really anything else you only get as much as you put into it.
>>
Need your credit card info
>>
>>19576505

it isn't, anyone who knows how to read a chart knows that because of all the different things that factor in

like i said every angle, degree, sign, house, planet, fixed star etc matters and can make a huge difference from chart to chart

if you have a complaint about astrology it should at least be a legit one not one that's the equivalent to you admitting you know fuckall to someone who's actually studied it
>>
>>19576541
Wait, you people study that shit?? Holly crap. I don't have any complains, at least i learned something today.
>>
>>19576364

you can get some aspects and planets without a time, you still lose a lot of depth sure but it doesn't mean you lose everything
>>
>>19576562

how else do you learn about things you have no knowledge of until you know them?

i've had good reason to study the occult and this kind of thing, and the more i learn/experience the more i've come to terms with how ignorant i was about a lot

i hate admitting i was wrong about anything ever, but i was wrong about a lot astrology included
>>
File: DagonMesop.jpg (35KB, 480x241px) Image search: [Google]
DagonMesop.jpg
35KB, 480x241px
>>19576562
My S/O's grandparents died and I helped clean out their house, found grandma's vintage stash of Edgar Cayce and astrology books, like 30-40 of them. I haven't read them, but yeah, people study this, have been for thousands and thousands of years, you think they're just pulling it out of their ass?

The fact of the matter is, we don't even know how our zodiac astrology. Apparently some dude in a fish hat swam all over the world teaching people how to map the sky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV4fj3FiCQI
>>
>>19576565
But Sun, ascending and moon are like the main ones. I agree, there's still something to work with here for OP, but like can you call your mom and ask if you were born in the morning or at night?
>>
File: IMG_20170911_112107.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170911_112107.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>19576580
I only value the studies of science, right now i'm in collage studying basic physics specifically basic electrostatics. Those are thing that i can observe, measure and reproduce, unlike astrology; astronomy and science un general is the real shit.
>>
>>19576611
>collage
>>
>>19576595

just saying i've done reading without birth times they're just imperfect

you can usually get the moon and sun right of the two without a birth time

>>19576611

then you'd know there are many occult principles that are in line with physics (both theoretical and not) and your fields of study

as for what you said, charts are basically just reading a map they have a key and every detail is specific

once you know and understand the key you can read any chart (people, events etc) with it, and you can do that endlessly and view the results yourself

the most unscientific thing any person can do is write something off without actually understanding it on any level or actually experimenting with it

you pretend to be science minded and yet you have no ability to think outside the box or test your own theories
>>
>>19576588
Yeah, but in college or institutions?
>>
>>19576617
Yeah stupid phone.
>>
>>19576633

not everything worth knowing is something someone can learn inside of a building while they incur massive amounts of debt for a degree they're unlikely to use other than to get paid at a slightly higher rate at a shitty job they could've gotten straight out of hs
>>
>>19576644
This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZElj_8PN8Io
>>
>>19576644
I have a scholarship, i don't pay my studies, i'm studying electronics and an enterprise is allready looking at my progress, so the "shitty job" is covered.
>>
>>19576644

>>19576687
While i agree that not everything worth knowing is in college, at least make it a respectable field of studies unlike astrology.
>>
>>19576660
While it is true that there are cycles in the observable universe and you can use them to predict phisical, metereologycal and astronomycal events. The don't affect lugar personal lives. Oh, and in STEM fields, a degree does matter.
>>
>>19576631
>then you'd know there are many occult principles that are in line with physics (both theoretical and not) and your fields of study
Not that guy but I'll bite, give some examples
>>
>>19576748
They don't affect our personal lives*
>>
>>19576752
This, there are unknown principles, but that doesn't mean we cant advance and studying them in a near future. For example, Earthquake lights, we still don't know WhatsApp exactly cause them, but it was the same with rain and other phenomena.
>>
>>19576761
Ffs why not WhatsApp
>>
>>19576761
The concept of 'learning new things' is the principle physics shares with the Yakult?
>>
>>19576775
The "yakult" doesn't take in account many important principles, such as reproducibility and falsabillity. But science is always looking for better model to explain reality, for example. In classical physics there is an open problem, wich is, how do you describe the movement of a tippy top that can only pop up if it rotates in it's unbalanced side on one direction only, but in the other direction it doesn't?
>>
>>19576800
https://youtu.be/2v3ANzWkPVI

In 23:50 he mentions the tippy top that doesn't follow our current models in classical mechanics.
>>
>>19576687

i wouldn't bank my entire life on the present if i were you, just saying

>>19576719

what is and isn't respectable is subjective

like i said i get the mentality, but the fact is everyone who has that mentality is incapable of reading a chart and has no actual knowledge of astrology

when you learn how to read a chart, then apply that key to people and events and see how it works over and over again (the key always remains the same even though the map changes) you might feel differently

'til then you're just telling me that you're ignorant on the subject matter

and really getting high and reading something for 15 minutes here and there isn't exactly putting a ton of effort in

also there's the added bonus of cute pagan chicks who are generally open minded and up for things like threesomes

>>19576752

i'm not a teacher if you're too lazy to put the time into reading some things on your own then i have no obligation to put my time into spoonfeeding you

because honestly i'm hungover and just want to sit in bed and drink more not think

if you're curious you'll look into it, if you don't then oh well, but it's easy enough to read on both subjects and find the parallels
>>
>>19576800

if you couldn't reproduce the results what reason would there be to believe?
>>
>>19576909
Believe what, the tippy top? Of course you can reproduce the results of the tippy top, what you cant do is accurately describe its motion with a mathematical model (yet) . I posted a video of the guy with the best theory (for now) to describe it, but its not enough.
>>
>>19576976

i wasn't talking about your example, i was saying if occult teachings can't be reproduced they serve no purpose and as such can't be believed

the thing with astrology is the key remains the same no matter who reads it, so if you take a chart like hiroshima the day of the bomb for example what it says can be read by anyone who understands the key

it paints a clear picture that anyone who knows how to read a chart can see, and anyone who doesn't could just look up pieces of the key and see it for themselves too

you can take that same key and apply it to other events and people (and you see quickly how different this can all play out) and anyone giving a reading can do the same because it never changes

so you can not only reproduce the results with multiple people reading, but you can do it with any given chart
>>
>>19577011
>i was saying if occult teachings can't be reproduced they serve no purpose and as such can't be believed.

Exactly. Marcus Cicero saw through this bullshit centuries ago.

The thing is that astrology was belived years ago, it was studied in universities, it was respected among the other sciences such as medicine, but in the 17th century people started questioning its validity, the found out it was puere bullshit. And i can't still find a reason to belive in it, yes the keys, charts, if you read one randomly, you will found out it is apliable to any day depending on the person reading it.
>>
>>19577011
>>19577084
And Why is Eris not taken in your "Astronomical Calculations"? Astrologysts say: "other recently discovered bodies such as Eris are not yet classified for their astrological influence" But Eris is way bigger than Pluto and Ceres, and you dont think its "Influece" will be mayor on human lives? what about the distant stars, why you take them into accout, they are too far away, the could even be destroyed by now, why do they "influence" our lives. Its just pure bullshit.
>>
its not bullshit but not also 100% true
it's a completely new matter. we cant prove it right
>>
not going to actively try and convince you but a little anecdote

i was skeptical about all of it but wanted to see my natal chart anyway. didn't know my exact birth time so tried several different times a couple hours apart and read through all of the charts. without knowing my birth time i was able to choose the one that sounded most like me. found out my exact time of birth later and i was right about which chart was mine.

so now i can't wave astrology away because if it were as vague and catch-all as i thought it was, i wouldn't have been able to pick out my chart. i still don't buy certain things about it (like astrology corresponding to physical traits) but it's kind of eerie and i can see why people believe in it
>>
>>19576611
If it gives you ny motivation to look into the occult further, my ex boyfriend is studying physics on scholarship at a prestigious school, yet he has much more "out there" beliefs than I do. Don't mistaken dismissiveness for intellectualism.
>>
>>19577240
*any
>>
>>19577084

that's not true with an 8th house like hiroshima's on that day

just like not every chart can apply to a single person

again try learning

>>19577149

some people do include eris whether or not it's classical, some people include everything it all depends on the person doing the reading

however size doesn't make something significant or insignificant

jupiter might be a lot bigger than a fixed star on your sun but it won't carry as much weight for example

this is the sort of question that knowledge on your part would answer

>>19577240

this, being dismissive of out there beliefs isn't the more intellectual approach
>>
>>19577455
>Always addressing my lack of knowledge but not actually showing any valid argument.
>>
>>19577240
When I was young and naive I tried to investigate into the occult and believed for moments, but found it too subjective and contradictory.
>>
>>19577240
>>19579446
I'm not questioning your ex's intelligence, I'm just saying that if you want to see paterns were there aren't you are going to see them.
>>
>>19579446
>>19579458
All these experiences and theories him and myself have could be insanity for all I know. It's good to keep in mind that no one's immune to bias and there's plenty of intelligent people who don't exactly have their heads screwed on straight.

>>19577455
>this, being dismissive of out there beliefs isn't the more intellectual approach
Absolutely. When there's arrogance, it'll create blindspots.
>>
>>19576908

we all accept your concession. enjoy your not-thinking. you seem to do a lot of it.
>>
>>19575848
You'd need to see the time on your certificate, to a quarter hour, for a proper reading, as well as the location.

Astrology is real enough that full moons mean all hands on deck for a city's police department.
>>
>>19575848
is that a Gemini sun sign?
>>
>>19580710
>Astrology is real enough that full moons mean all hands on deck for a city's police department.
I guess that's why whenever there is a full moon every single city in the entire world sees a huge increase in crime
>>
>>19580710
also anyone who has ever worked in an ER knows the score about full moons
>>
>>19579430

your lack of knowledge is a valid argument, you want a teacher who will argue with you not a person online to tell you the truth

you can only teach yourself and learn for yourself, nothing i can say will change what you feel when you think you're right and are unwilling to listen

this leaves me with two choices, wasting my time or telling you that if you seek real answers you can find them on your own

if you actually want them you'll look, if you don't then you won't

>>19579764

i know that too well, i was extremely arrogant in beliving there was nothing...bit me on the ass in a big way

>>19580362
i think constantly i'm just not spoonfeeding people everything i know and think because i love drugs and alcohol and i'm not sober or up to this sort of thing often

i've studied and experienced a good deal and the biggest thing i've learned from it is only personal experience really makes a difference

when someone isn't open minded and they know fuckall about what they're narrow minded about on top of everything it's impossible to tell them much of anything

i have enough going on without wasting my time on joyless futile pursuits for strangers on the internet
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (236KB, 1044x565px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
236KB, 1044x565px
>>19575848
I'm in similar boat as OP. I've read more than your average guy about astrology, but I am interested in all those hard Saturn-Mars and Ascendant aspects ( opposition, square ). Tell me something specific about me.
>>
>>19582901
Aww... a Gemini moon Cap Venus. Cute
>>
>>19575848
I don't want to convince you.
>>
>>19583008
... is that something curious, Anon?
>>
>>19575848
Nice try but you're not getting a free reading. No one has to convince you. It's your loss that you can't read your chart.
>>
>>19575848
Gastrology is real
>>
Astrology can only be real if reincarnation is. I don't know how you call them in English, the most logical words would be "lunar knots", these are the keys to know what obstacles your previous lives contained, and what is the purpose of the one you are living now to achieve yourself. Why would the places where the planets were when we arrived in this world have any importance if some purpose bigger than us didn't make it this way? Denying the reality of astrology is easy if you don't believe in that. Karmic astrology is much more interesting than an astrology that wouldn't be based on this statement, and its logic would be fragile.

tldr: astrology is real if reincarnation is as well. If not, it's only a symbolic (yet beautiful) way to express idealism and peace with oneself and the others
>>
>>19585360
As a symbolic system, astrology is fascinating. The first half of the zodiac being about oneself, the second about the "whole", its purpose is to lead mankind to the perfect symbiosis of the Pisces, which is both the sign of a peaceful achievement and the sign of our entire annihilation if we fail. Aries saying "I am", Taurus saying "I have", and so on, each sign is a step of anyone's life, but also a step from a globalist point of view: a step for mankind to become better. When astral themes are analyzed in their entirety (which is the only way to seriously practice astrology), you can see it on both individual and global levels, and on both real and symbolic points of view. One is more dangerous than the others, but astral themes don't lie.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.