[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The gesture in the right hand, what does it mean ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1505050487437.jpg (150KB, 640x830px) Image search: [Google]
1505050487437.jpg
150KB, 640x830px
The gesture in the right hand, what does it mean ?
>>
>>19572641
you know what it means....666
>>
File: IMG_8032.jpg (185KB, 583x843px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8032.jpg
185KB, 583x843px
All you need
>>
>>19572668
Thanks.
>>
>>19572641
Pressing the ring and thumb together like this is similar to the Prithvi Mudra, though generally the free fingers are kept straight. It is a healing mudra, spiritually used for grounding and stability.
>>
>>19572641
Peace for spiritual healing
>>
File: IMG_4047.png (74KB, 464x895px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4047.png
74KB, 464x895px
>>19572641
>In Greek Orthodox iconography, as also in early Christian iconography, the gesture of the blessing hand actually shapes the letters IC XC, an abbreviation for the Greek words Jesus (IHCOYC) Christ (XPICTOC) which includes the first and last letter of each word.
https://aleteia.org/2016/06/12/what-do-hand-gestures-in-icons-mean/
>>
>>19572641
The thumb naturally touches the first two fingers. To make that gesture takes focus. It's for focusing. I agree that it is like what this anon says >>19573498. It is for healing. Make it yourself and think about it. Tell us what you thought while making it.
>>
Pointer and middle finger form a cross. Common thing for Orthodox icons
>>
Why do these hand gestures appear in Hinduism and Buddhism as well? I believe they even appear in Hebraic mysticism, though I am not certain. They must mean more than is let on, else they would not be universal.
>>
File: buddhist-mudra-1.jpg (21KB, 212x300px) Image search: [Google]
buddhist-mudra-1.jpg
21KB, 212x300px
>>19575685
They don't. The different understanding of the similar gestures has been made clear int he thread. The mudra is also made with straight fingers aside from the ring connected to the thumb - the Christian icon is made with curved fingers. And the usual icon in Hindu/Buddhist depictions is the jnana mudra, made with the pointer finger. This mudra and its variations usually deal with imparting knowledge.

The universal aspect is from the fact that hands are all shaped the same, and move in similar ways.
>>
>>19572666
>those digits
hmmm
>>
>>19572666
screencap this
>>
>>19572666
Checked
>>
>>19572666
Checked. Confirmed for satan posting in this thread.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.