[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The self

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2216.jpg (112KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2216.jpg
112KB, 500x701px
>The sovereignty of the body is an illusion as it subject to every influence surrounding it. It is merely a cog in the surrounding machine.
>The self is one's will. This will can alter and change the body and its surroundings.
>The will, while subject to some extent external influences is still its own entity. The idea that all is a mechanism and unchangeable leads a will to do nothing while the idea that all is changeable leads it to change. These two realities contradict each other, as nature is clearly predestined based on initial conditions and the will clearly has power. The only logical conclusion is that will exists outside nature.
>Not every vessel is fit for will. A man's spirit cannot inhabit a rabbit which is solely driven by instinct. This leaves no room for the will to act. Not every creature that can walk and talk is fit for a human spirit either.

How much will does /x/ have?
>>
>>19572608
What is a non-succubus thread doing on this board?
>>
>>19572608
is this crowley?
>>
>>19572703
It's just me using logical deduction along with spiritual guidance to come to conclusions. If my logic is correct it wouldn't surprise me if others also came to the same conclusions.
>>
>>19572608
Your will in a dream can make you become a rabbit. You still exercise your will even as a rabbit, but you are also subject to all the feelings and instincts of a rabbit. You can dull your will as a man bowing to every limitation too. You must seek to follow and manifest your will in life or you too will be a cog.
>>
>>19572726
This sounds really similar to what I have been thinking about lately concerning fate, will, and the existence or nonexistence of "essential self" in anything. I think you are onto something.
>>
>>19572848
I hope so. I wonder how this relates to the concept of heaven.
>>
>>19572630
Someone's got to contribute real threads to this board.
>>
>>19572608
>It is merely a cog in the surrounding machine.

This is where your logic has a fault. The ego is not a cog in a machine, it is an evolving piece of the process of the universe. The human body and mind is a coterminous with nature as the tree and the rock. You are not a result of anything, you are simply a point in time of what the universe is doing.

You are as much yourself as you are the big bang. The process of the big bang is still going on; if you want to see what it looks like, look around you.

Nothing can be studied just as an individual piece without also studying the environment around it. By this logic, you and I are simply a part of everything and not an island in a strange, terrifying place.

On the subject of will; the will is not an external influence or entity unto itself; it is simply the 'radar' that we all use to interact with the universe around us. It is a part of you just as your hand is a part of you. And just as the hand is not the entire body, your mind is not your entire self. There is the deep self, the unconscious, and behind that there is the 'oversoul'; the connection everything has with all other things by way of you simply being a piece of the great drama that is the universe.

Lastly, the 'spirit' of a human is not any greater than the 'spirit' of an insect. Both can inhabit the other vessel since that is already occurring. The ant's perspective on reality is just as important as yours, since it also contains a piece of the 'oversoul' and is just another way the universe is experiencing itself.

So, to answer your question; my will is as strong as yours. This is because we have the same strength within us from the 'oversoul' and can tap that to literally will ourselves into a state of nirvana. I wouldn't stay there too long, though, it gets boring being so detached from everything else.
>>
>>19572608
Bump
>>
>>19573275
Sounds like what I was saying except you claim our wills can inhabit animals too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.