[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voynich manuscript decoded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

It's a women's health guide, with passages copied from agent texts

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/09/the-mysterious-voynich-manuscript-has-finally-been-decoded/

So disappointing
>>
>>19571410
By agent I mean ancient

Like the aliens that were supposed to have made this
>>
>the 'most mysterious' manuscript ever is a tumblr blog post

/X/ BTFO!
>>
This is a warning to mankind to never let woman become the leader in any societal roll. These herbs are poisons that will keep woman enslaved for the safety of man and the betterment of all civilizations.
>>
>>19571410
why use that strange langauge? i don't have time to read the article
>>
>>19571439
OK I do it as a man then with ponytails.
>>
>>19571491
Abbreviated Latin.

>The abbreviations correspond to the standard pattern of words used in the Herbarium Apuleius Platonicus – aq = aqua (water), dq = decoque / decoctio (decoction), con = confundo (mix), ris = radacis / radix (root), s aiij = seminis ana iij (3 grains each), etc." So this wasn't a code at all; it was just shorthand. The text would have been very familiar to anyone at the time who was interested in medicine.

>When he consulted the Trotula and De Balneis Puteolanis, two commonly copied medieval Latin medical books, he realized that a lot of the Voynich Manuscript's text and images had been plagiarized directly from them (they, in turn, were copied in part from ancient Latin texts by Galen, Pliny, and Hippocrates). During the Middle Ages, it was very common for scribes to reproduce older texts to preserve the knowledge in them.
>>
>>19571491
Its stylized ancient greek and latin medical short hand apparently.
>>
>>19571410
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript#Decipherment_claims

It's one of many theories. We will have to wait for confirmation by other scholars before saying it's really deciphered.
>>
File: 1504730493896.png (390KB, 1320x2652px) Image search: [Google]
1504730493896.png
390KB, 1320x2652px
He was right.
>>
>>19571410
Every once in a while someone comes and says they decoded it, then he's ridiculed.
Forgive my lack of enthusiasm.
>>
>>19571573
How?? There's no reference to the manuscript in that screen shot at all... Only vague references to GoT and LotR being documentaries... Yawn.
>>
>>19571439
You poor unloved slob. No woman will touch you so you turn on them. Fucking pathetic and not the least bit transparent.
>>
>>19572035
roastie detected
>>
>>19572035
Roasties cannot handle the banter
>>
>>19572035
The only pathetic thing here is objectively and unironicaly you and what you type, you useless cunt.
>>
Well, at least they decoded it.
>>
>>19571930

Your reading comprehension is shit. Right about the middle of the wall of text, the guy describes the Voynich as being some sort of medical text.

Lurk moar.
>>
>>19571930
SLEEPY
L
E
E
P
Y
>>
>>19571536
wtf, how is it possible they didn't decode it before?
>>
>>19571536
>tfw the most mysterious text is just memespeak
I guess future archeologists will look at young ppl txts l1k3 w3 d1d wit dis
>>
They updated the story. Not decoded.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.