[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8

File: yogi.jpg (68KB, 624x850px) Image search: [Google]
yogi.jpg
68KB, 624x850px
Have been wanting to meditate for a long time.
Can not find anything conclusive that helps.Tried Transcendental Meditation a bit.
Just lumbers me to sleep and the next moment i wake up its is back to being the start.
Anyone here who could help me out with meditation.Recently it has started to become frustrating doing it.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you dear anons.
>>
Google, "zazen".
>>
>>19566908
Buy a rudraksha mala
>>
>>19566914
Thank you anon.
>>
>>19566919
Which one?
There are many to choose from depending on the faces they have.
And if you do not mind me asking, how does a rudraksh help in the process.
>>
>>19566908
Try hypnosis. You can do it for a while until you can replicate it on your own.
>>
>>19566929
Hypnosis as in self hypnosis?
And if so, does it have any negative effects?
Have heard people say that it isn't meant for starters.It is an advanced state.
Is that so?
>>
>>19566908
Just sit and close your eyes, then with the inhale count 1, then with the exhale count 2, and keep going til you reach 100. I usually go until 1000, which takes about an hour, but 100 is good for starting off. If you can't make it to 100, just try 50 or even 10. Another good technique is to say the om, which means just go "ommmmmmm" for as long as you possibly can until you're out of breath. Doing this 3 times gives noticeable results, and 5 and above is really nice. For now don't listen to the people telling you to do super complicated things that are above your level. Just practice being silent and still without distractions.
>>
>>19566908
Describe how you meditate, if you're concentrating on your breath alone that might be the problem.
>>
>>19566939
>Hypnosis as in self hypnosis?
Yep. Or you can use files you find online. There's the weird fetish stuff, but there's also "relaxation" ones.

>And if so, does it have any negative effects?
Nope. Not unless you go for any of the weird ones.

>Have heard people say that it isn't meant for starters.It is an advanced state.
Nah. I had a lot of trouble meditating myself so I tried hypnosis. It just teaches you to get into what they call a hypnotic state, which I found was the exact same as a deep meditative state. Once you learn how to do it you can induce it on your own in a minute or two.
It's really like learning a shortcut to deep meditation.
>>
>>19566944
What does this do? Is mediation just meant for relaxing?
>>
>>19566977
You need to relax in order to meditate. Only once you learn how to get past the initial hurdle can you make real progress.
>>
>>19566991
But what does meditating accomplish?
>>
>>19566997
Knowledge of the self and the meaning of life and of existence itself. Peace of mind, calm and level headedness. A full heart that is not held back by envy or bitterness. Full breathing that allows you to live your life happily and fully. Among many other things.
>>
>>19566997
If done correctly: spiritual energy to go to heaven and union with god.
If done incorrectly: >>19567012
>>
>>19566927
I would recommend a 108+1 mala
>108 5mukhi rudraksha
>1 1mukhi rudraksha

It creates a bubble of your own energy around you so you aren't affected when you move to different locations. The ek mukhi will make your energies in such a way that you will want to be alone by yourself. It also helps you connect with source c
>>
>>19567019
The things I listed are a direct result of union with god. I don't know why you think it's incorrect.
>>
>>19566953
I sit silently for a minute or two.
Then take a word that has no significance to me or anything material or emotional.
Like"dutrgey"
Just some unintelligible word.
then keep on repeating it in my mind.
Supposedly until the word becomes short and short and then i no longer have anything to say in my mind.
till my mind stops any thought that occurs.
Haven't reached that state till now
>>
>>19566965
Thank you anon.
Hoping it works.
>>
>>19567070
You're very welcome.
>>
>>19567067
This is the basis of transcendental meditation
>>
>>19567096
Yea have been trying all i can.
To no avail.
Just become numb and kind of dull and doze off.
The thoughts never stop.
>>
>>19566908
Is there a way to meditate and not lose all my gains??
>>
>>19567067
Try this:
Sit silently for a minute or two.
Then close your eyes.
Then focus your attention in your 3rd eye area.
Then, keeping your attention there to the best of your ability and avoiding thoughts, breathe in and out deeply.
>>
>>19567152
Thank you anon.
Have tried this.It resulted in a tingling sensation and gradually it became a bit painful.
I stopped there and never tried it again.
Btw, did it work for you?
>>
Stay away from TM, It's watered down bullshit. Don't be a trend following tumblr subscribing cuck.

Just do basic breathing meditation.....uggh
>>
>>19567169
Your insightful views are appreciated.
Thank you.
>>
>>19567164
It's my method of meditation, it's kundalini meditation.
>>
>>19567130
The thoughts don't need to stop in order for you to make progress. Yes, ceasing thought is the ideal but it's difficult to reach that stage and you shouldn't become discouraged if you can't do it yet. Just keep trying to extend your sessions and you'll eventually reach a more satisfactory state.
>>
>>19567300
Thank you anon.
>>
>>19566908
Meditate for an hour straight everyday for 2 weeks.
You will thank me later.
>>
>>19567385
Thanking you in advance anon.
>>
>>19566908
you are making progress, the clew is in the frustration you expressed getting. go back meditating and face your frustration, its a blockadge that needs to be released by facing it
>>
What happens if I focus a lot on my 3rd eye? How do I know am I really focusing on it and not fucking my eyes?
Sometimes I feel something in the same place as the 3rd eye when I'm falling asleep
>>
File: Zen.jpg (19KB, 225x346px) Image search: [Google]
Zen.jpg
19KB, 225x346px
OP read this book
>>
>>19567800
Thank you anon.
>>
>>19567754
I will try again.
Lost my will after trying a bit.
Hope to pick up soon.
Thank you.
>>
File: abutilon flower.jpg (558KB, 1520x1520px) Image search: [Google]
abutilon flower.jpg
558KB, 1520x1520px
I make a game out of it. I become aware of the feeling of aliveness in my hands. As if that's the only thing that existed. Full attention on the subtle vibratey feeling in the hands. Then once I feel my attention stabilize in the hands I add the feeling of aliveness in my feet. As if the only thing that existed for my attention was the feeling in my hands and in my feet. Then I add the sensations associated with breathing. Then the sound of my breathing. The feeling of breath in my nose. Then I add the sensations of the chair I'm sitting on. Then I add the entire visual field of each eyeball. Then I add the sounds of my environment. Then I add thoughts. etc, etc, etc... By the end of it I'm fully aware of the sum total of the present moment.
If my attention falls off or I get distracted then I start again with just the hands. You can start wherever you want though. Start with breathing if you want. Start with the feet. It doesn't matter. You can do this in any order. The goal is simply to be aware of the sum total of the present moment. To perceive the moment with clarity.
I can do this meditation anywhere. I can do it sitting in my car at a traffic light. I can do it while walking through the grocery store. It's like riding a bike in that eventually the process becomes automatic and effortless. It becomes a continuous meditation. Every waking hour. One is in meditation during all activities.
>>
>>19570312
Thank you anon.
Will give it a try.
>>
>>19567164
>It resulted in a tingling sensation and gradually it became a bit painful
This is the kundalini energy awakening, are you scared of it?
>>
>>19570684
I am not scared at all.
It is just that it becomes really painful after a moment of doing it.
>>
rest in your own awareness, everything happens from there on its own, don't get distracted by unique or special techniques, the truth is always the simplest
>>
>>19570856
Truth has eluded me for so long.
Hope i will find it someday.
Thank you anon.
>>
File: The true path.jpg (254KB, 928x598px) Image search: [Google]
The true path.jpg
254KB, 928x598px
>>19570728
Something is making you go away from it. You have to understand that there's a dark power, a dark god, whom doesn't want you to escape, here's a pic that sums up what I have gathered from the afterlife as how the true religion would be from personal experience, obviously the dark god has dark spirits and other powers aswell.
>>
>>19566908
When you get frustrated just make the frustration your object of meditation. All troubles are dispelled in this way
>>
>>19568241
good on you, in order to get to all the stages beyond you have to get rid of all the normie tendencies. Its not about this or that meditation practice is better. In all off them you will come accross the same obstacles. just stick to one and battle the demons to proceed.
>>
>>19571080
Also, if you are not doing 1 hour meditations a piece dont excpect anything.

Dont fall for the newage 10min stress relieve meme, its good if you want
>>19567012

For real adventures 1 hour meditations is the minimum for starters a day.
Youll have some good insights after a month of that.
>>
>>19566908
>Anyone here who could help me out with meditation.
Pay attention to your breath in real time, don't skip your focus anywhere in past/future and don't use your mind on anything, let the breath be the only thing that exists. This is all there is to understand about meditation.
>>
You can't meditate yourself in to being a better person. Meditation is for people who are self-indulgent cunts.
>>
File: 1504613505642.jpg (2MB, 2311x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1504613505642.jpg
2MB, 2311x3000px
(pic related)

*shouts down from cliff to all people in thread*

IF YOU THINK YOU'RE MEDITATING, YOU'RE NOT MEDITATING
>>
>>19571380
I never said i wanted to become a better person.
All i want is to know.
Thank you.
>>
>>19571295
Thank you.
>>
>>19571100
I will post how it goes after a month.
Thank you anon.
>>
Thank you everyone for taking out a little of their time to reply to my questions.
Though all of my questions are not answered, ill continue looking for answers,
I am indeed thankful anons.
Peace to you all.
>>
>>19571533
You are very kind, I hope you've managed to find something that will help you.
>>
>>19571543
I got a lot of information from you anons.
Ill apply and see what helps.
If it doesn't, well then i am back to 4chan for enlightenment.
>>
>>19571565
Reading this post. you will never get it...
dont feel bad, it isnt for everyone.

You might still get som new-age tier benevits from it dough. settle for that and youll be fine
>>
>>19571607
I know.
It is for the few.The few that are ready.
I am not doing it for the benefits desu, i wanted to know what we already seem to know.
But what supposedly stays hidden.
Growing up i just had one question, where does our thought and morality come from.
And the best answer was certainly not god.
So i set on my own path.
All i want is knowledge and answers to the questions that have plagued my mind for long.
And i was supposedly thinking that turning inwards might help.
That is the only thing i want meditation for.
Things other than knowledge are perishable, what would a mere mortal like me do with the dough.
>>
>>19571625
And i have no idea how that desu just popped up in my text.
I never even wrote it.
>>
>>19571625
In all honesty, you should do the meditation that hurt.
It hurts because the dark god doesn't want you to escape. You have a divinity within. Of course since you were doing something that helps you escape, the dark god (the demiurge) quickly put pain unto you.
>>
>>19570934
Wow that's funny stuff.
>>
Try Dzogchen Awareness meditation.
>>
>>19571924
Wow.
I read this for the first time.
That was a totally different prescriptive of it.
Thank you for the knowledge anon.
>>
>>19571650
Correct me if i am wrong.
But i read that it should never be continued if it becomes painful?
>>
>>19571981
What do you think causes the pain?
Is there a logical reason for it?
Also, if the pain is unbearable, you could try bija mantra meditation.
>>
>>19571981
I don't think it's a good idea to keep doing it if it hurts. Forcing your third eye open is asking for trouble.
>>
>>19572047
As of now i have no idea at all.
It starts with a tingle and becomes painful.
One time i tried getting along the pain, i ended up having migraines for an hour or so.
And what is bija mantra meditation?
>>
>>19572051
Trouble as in?
>>
File: garabdodze.jpg (113KB, 310x422px) Image search: [Google]
garabdodze.jpg
113KB, 310x422px
>>19571975
No problem, Anon. Good luck on your spiritual path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GSeWdjyr1c
>>
>>19572098
Depends on your situation but could vary from headaches to paranoia to seeing shit. Just bad times all over.

Work on your chakras one by one from the bottom up, your third eye will open -if it's even blocked in the first place- when the right time comes. But to even get there your need to get deep enough to get your mind to shut up when you're meditating. One step at a time OP.
>>
>>19571395
So how do you know when you're meditating?
>>
File: 1501502495594.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1501502495594.png
1MB, 1024x768px
Hello OP.
While I'm not really an expert on meditation, since I drift off into that tranquil state only about once a week, I might as well share some of my insights (which aren't based upon any teachings or philosophies, just results of my own experiences).

First of all, you need to accept yourself. And I mean by the whole. During meditation you will expose upon yourself every side of your psyche, so called "good" and "evil" traits you bear in your heart. A lot of strong emotions will overlap, and you need to accept them, for the whole meditation to bear fruits.

In my case I'm always doing it during the night, but start with your favourite time of the day. Sit in comfortable position (legs crossed and back straight works for me), silence every source of repetive/ticking noise to make yourself oblivious of the flow of time, and close your eyes. Try to not move except breating calmly, to "dissolve" the feeling of your limbs. Then imagine a place (small room would be fine) you are not accustomed with. Then start placing imaginary furniture or other small items across it, remembering every position and angle. After filling it with few focal points, make a few round to make yourself accustomed to it. Within few sessions, you should have estabilished some sort of spiritual hideout. It could make for a nice starting point for other mental voyages, or as a preparation room before going to sleep (useful if you like lucid dreaming), or before trying some psychedelic substance.

There is as many ways as people, so just pick whichever sounds most pleasant to you. Do not get discouraged because few entitled pricks/roleplayers think only they are eligible for reaching inner peace. And stay vigilant, Rome was not built over the course of a single day.

Cheers
>>
>>19566908
It's very common to fall asleep when you do tm for the first few weeks. It means you're doing it right. Just see if you can get a bit more rest and stick with it.

t. Long term meditator
>>
>>19566908
Meditation systems of yoga are not practical in this age and are not recommended for spiritual advancement as there is too much activity in the world and the mind is so restless. Most people simply enter a sleeping state when performing meditation unknowing how to properly perform it. Meditation should be performed by fixing the mind at the tip of the nose with the eyes half open as to not fall asleep. The ascendant breath should be offered into the descendant breath until both forces still themselves and you're seated in trance. However, this is very hard to do in the current age. Perform japa instead, as it is the yugadharma. Chant rounds of the Hare Krsna mantra, aloud or mentally.
>>
>>19574421
Perhaps this is what Yuttadhammo is getting at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnW_Kg3FCYA
>>
>>19566908
Check this site OP
www.aypsite.org/10.html
>>
>>19572093
It's strange that you get pain, normally I associate pain.
What belief do you have? Belief is imporrtant.
>>
>>19575449
Normally I associate pain with the dark god*
>>
Do exactly as I outline. Sit in a chair or chair like position with hands on knees and spine straight. Try to not sit tensely, but do mind to keep your back straight. There are 7 steps. First place your eyes about 6 ft in front of your feet(that are evenly spaced), breathe in for 6 seconds, hold for 6, exhale for 6 (exhale through nose only). Breathe so smoothly and softly that it is hard to feel the force of the air coming in or leaving., 2nd step: place eyes 45 degrees and about 3 ft from your feet, repeat breathing.3rd step: eyes between your feet, repeat breathing. 4th step: eyes now move to tip of nose, repeat breathing. 5th step: close eyes and relax them, repeat breathing. 6th step: move eyes to a location in the center of your stomach. 7th and final step: leave eyes in center of stomach, rub your hands together while inhaling for 3 seconds, place hands on eyes and hold for 3 seconds, exhale for 6 seconds. Let your thoughts flow freely and attempt your best to not interact with the thoughts, observing your thoughts will allow the thoughts to slow down and become less and less, like river moving slower and slower. Eventually, no thought will be possible, this is your goal.
>>
oh yeah do the above exercise when you wake up and before you sleep. You will go on many journeys in your dreams with this exercise, you may be watched in your dreams by men in black when you start doing this, and you will feel a physical overall pleasure when doing this exercise.
>>
>>19566908
Just look up a guide for "Mindfulness Meditation" that type actually has proper scientific research that indicates significant benefit. It positively changes the brain and is great as anxiety and depression treatment. It is the type that Zen Buddhism and many other religions/philosophies use. Here is a good guide:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-courage-be-present/201001/how-practice-mindfulness-meditation
>>
>>19574386
I don't know about TM, but with "regular" meditation, at least for me, If you fall asleep you are doing it very wrong.
>>
>>19576851
Why? Do you sit on spikes?
>>
Another thing you can do is memorize an anime image and keep it in your memory, being constantly aware of it, while you breathe in and out.
>>
>>19572154
When you stop having to ask stupid questions
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.